Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2567891217 ... LastLast

Thread: [Quest] Lostbelt Raising Project

Blog Entries
    1, Yes: A

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries

No
    Last edited by Spartacus; February 1st, 2020 at 03:04 PM.

No

Blog Entries

Year: 2018

No, I can’t do that. Even if it’s difficult to deal with her, I can’t use my power so carelessly for something so trivial. It’s one thing to use it to protect those I care about, but I can’t use it for my own selfish desires. That would be unforgivable.

Still… what am I supposed to do with her?

Ah, wait, there is one thing… it’s a little crafty, but it’s better than the alternative.

“Actually, Saber, there is one thing I could use a little help with.”

“Your orders are my command, Master.”

I get up from the chair and smoothly grab a pencil and paper to jot down a few notes, before turning back to Saber.

“It’s research. There’s some stuff I need to figure out, but I haven’t made much headway on my own. With your analytical skills, though, you might be able to find something I couldn’t… so if you’re okay with it, it’d be a big help if you could look into things on my behalf.”

“Of course, Master. I shall get on this right away.”

She answers without pause. There wasn’t even a need for her to contemplate. Her eyes are as clear as they are blank. Guess any order really does go, huh.

“Right. Then, feel free to use the library or ask around as you see fit, but try to stay inconspicuous. You don’t have to worry about things here. If I do need you, I’ll call for you, so you can just focus on this. There’s no need to report back to me regularly, either. You can just update me when you find something big.”

I hand her the note with all the topics and questions that have been plaguing me throughout my stay here. She receives it promptly and immediately starts heading out.

“Understood, Master. I’ll do my best!”

With a final salute, she leaves the house, disappearing into the streets of the city.

Well, that settles things. Saber probably won’t be back any time soon and, when she does, she’ll have all the answers I’ve been looking for. It’s truly two birds with one stone.

And yet… for some reason, I feel as if I can’t congratulate myself for it.

“Uh… hey guys.”

“…”

“…”

I sheepishly greet my peers through the magical call and am immediately greeted with piercing stares.

It is currently long after dinner and the rest of my merry companions have retired for the night, but I thought it wise to check in with the other Crypters after my long hiatus. I knew they were probably annoyed about my radio silence so I went into the call with full intent of apologizing, but… it must be worse than I thought as they all glare knives at me.

“… hello.”

Well, except for Christoph, oblivious as always.

“Haaah…”

Pompous as always, Wilhelm makes a show of deliberately sighing and adjusting his monocle before finally addressing me.

“Okay, I’ll just cut to the chase. May I ask where you’ve been and why you missed the monthly meeting, Bengshan?”

“That’s right. I was worried that something happened to you. If you didn’t call us soon, I was going to have Saber start looking for you.” Bianca chimes in with a pout.

As an aside, it was a sudden unorganized call, so the only ones who picked up were these three.

“Um well…” I try to explain as best as I can. “I was sort of in the hospital… unconscious… for three weeks.”

“Wha- why? Did you get hurt in battle?”

The look on Wilhelm’s face was incredulous.

“S-something like that. It’s complicated. I am sorry though.”

I clap my hands together and apologize sincerely.

“I’ll read the minutes from the last meeting and submit my own reports immediately, so please forget about it.”

“Hmm…”

Wilhelm makes a pensive look, seemingly hesitant to accept my apology so quickly.

“Come on, Will. It seems like it was a difficult situation out of his control, and he apologized, so let’s just let it go.” Bianca suggests.

“Well, it does seem like you weren’t just playing around. If Bianca says so, I suppose we can just overlook this.” Wilhelm decides at last.

Phew, that’s good. It seems like everything turned out okay.

To be honest, I don’t really mind if these elites scorned me for my mistakes. I mean, they already look down on me as a third-rate magus. But they are technically my allies for now and it’s practically beneficial to stay in contact with them so it’s better not to burn any bridges yet.

“So, was there anything I missed while I was ou- … hm?”

Just as I begin to try catch up on what I missed, something catches my attention. It’s faint, barely noticeable but… I catch a strange noise coming through the magical call. It’s nothing major but it bothers me.

“Hey, do you guys hear that sound? What is it?” I ask while trying to identify the source.

This might just be me but… it kind of sounds like a woman shrieking.

“… nothing.”

Surprisingly, Christoph is the one who replies with uncharacteristically shifty eyes.

“…sorry …have to go.” He suddenly adds before immediately hanging up.

Okay… that was weird. All that screaming… He’s not torturing people in the background, is he?

…Let’s just ignore that for now. I can ask him about it later.

“Um, anyways, is there anything important I missed from the meeting?” I swiftly return to the topic at hand.

“Well actually…” Bianca scratches her cheek with hesitation.

“There’s something important we need to discuss right now, Bengshan.” Wilhelm follows up.

“Huh?”

I’m taken aback as the atmosphere suddenly becomes serious. The others show pensive, solemn expressions. Wilhelm takes a second to prepare the words and then announces with a grave voice.

“It’s about Alisha. She’s been defeated.”

“Wha-”

I can’t believe what I just heard. Alisha Helstrom, one of the other Crypters… that invincible super elite was defeated? How could that be?

“It happened while you were out. The Fantasy Tree in her Lostbelt was destroyed and the rest of the texture has now been completely erased from the world. It seems the situation in her Lostbelt was a lot worse than any of ours or anything we anticipated. The outcome was somewhat inevitable.”

As he continues to speak somberly, the weight and reality of the facts begin to set in. One of the Crypters was actually defeated. I never even considered that possibility. I didn’t think anything was impossible for those godly peers of mine. Yet, it happened. An elite among elites, a genius Master several dozen leagues above me was unable to save her Lostbelt. Despite every advantage she had, she wasn’t up to the challenge. So then… does a loser like me even have a chance?

No, wait, that’s not important right now. Rather, the question I should be asking is—

“Then…” I begin to ask with nervous trepidation.

Terror fills me. I can barely force out the words in fear of the answer. I dread affirmation. I don’t want to hear bad news. I don’t want to face the reality of mortality. But even so, I can’t stop myself; I must confirm my fears. So, I ask with bated breath.

“… is she dead?”

“Ah, no, no, no, she’s fine.”

But it seems that my worrying was for nothing.

“My Saber saved her and her Servant at the last moment. In fact, she’s with me here right now, so you don’t have to worry.” Bianca answers cheerfully.

“Oh. Thank god.”

A heavy breath leaves me and the tension on my shoulders lifts immediately. It’s a bit of an anticlimactic response but I wished for nothing else. I swiftly forget about any of my other worries; as long as she’s alive, then it’s fine.

“Hm? You seem awfully relieved, Bengshan. Were you that concerned for her safety?” Wilhelm comments sharply.

Tch, this jackass doesn’t let anything pass his eye does he.

“Lay off. It’s none of your business.” I snarl back.

I don’t bother explaining myself. These monsters wouldn’t understand how normal people dislike others dying regardless of who they are. Heck, they’d probably laugh at such emotion.

“Hm? Could it be, Ben… towards Alisha, do you…” Bianca begins to ponder with a tinge of concern to her voice.

“I said shut it.” I swiftly interrupt her. “Anyways, is there anything else you needed to tell me? If not, I’ve got stuff to do.”

“Ah, yes. Actually, we haven’t gotten to the main topic.” Wilhelm nods. “You see, during the last meeting, we were discussing what to do with Alisha now that she’s lost her Lostbelt and, after some discussion, our consensus was to have her join you in yours.”

“Huh? Me?” I’m question, completely surprised. “Why?”

“That’s right. Since she still has her Servant, she’s not useless so we thought it best to have her support one of the other Crypters. There were several factors taken into consideration, but in the end, we decided it would be best to have her join up with you.”

I take a moment to consider their reasoning and it becomes obvious instantly. It’s probably because I’m the weakest. I need the most help. If we group the two failures together, they might actually stand a chance against the rest of us. That’s probably what they were thinking.

Such logic… doesn’t make me happy.

“Who the hell came up with that idea?” I pointlessly ask out of frustration.

“Our illustrious leader suggested it actually.” Wilhelm answers.

Huh. I’m actually a little surprised. Lazlow did?

“Yup. He said that since Alisha really likes Chinese culture, she should be allowed to go to the China Lostbelt next and enjoy herself.” Bianca lightly adds.

“That’s his reason!?”

What a dumb rationale. But it is just like him to say something that stupid.

“Mmhmm. And then he was all like ‘Ugh, this is tiresome. Why can’t you brats take care of yourselves? You’re cutting into my brooding time. The darkness of my heart has no ending. No glory can wash away my eternal humiliation. Ahhhh, curse you, Nomikataaaaaaa!!!!’. Something like that.” Bianca acts out playfully.

“That… is a really bad impression.”

But not inaccurate.

“So then… has it been decided? She’s coming to my place now?” I ask, discontent with the decision.

“Well, it’s up to you, actually.” Wilhelm mentions. “I don’t suggest it, but you can refuse if you want. If it comes down to it, she can just continue lazing about in Bianca’s Lostbelt.”

“I see…”

So, the choice is mine. I can decide whether or not to accept Alisha into my Lostbelt.

I contemplate the pros and cons of the decision. If she were to come here, we would probably have to become partners and work together to save this world. The advantages are obvious. Having another Master here would simply be a big boost to our available firepower. Plus, she’s an actual good magus unlike me, so there’s a lot she can do that I can’t. On the other hand, however, I’d have to do my best to work together with her. She may disagree with me on future decisions and we may need to compromise on things; I won’t be able to continue calling all the shots like I’ve been doing. And also…

If another superior Master comes and helps save this world, would it really be my accomplishment? Will I truly be a hero?

An incredibly difficult decision lies before me. This one choice may greatly affect the future of this Lostbelt.

Critical Choice!
    One of the other Lostbelts has been destroyed. Now, you have been given the chance to accept the help of the defeated Crypter. There are practical and emotional reasons for receiving or refusing her. You don’t know much about her as a person, so you must decide based solely on principle. Will you choose to accept her as your new partner from here on?

1. Yes
    2. No

JP Friend Code
    Hm, while I can think of a few reasons to say no, I'm finding myself leaning towards Yes. Might disrupt things a bit (well, a lot, I guess), but the firepower should help? If things go well we'll end up having to take in refugees eventually anyway.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    1. Yes
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

Blog Entries
    Mm.

It doesn't really seem like he wants her there, for lots of reasons... but I feel like it's more likely he'd say yes after what happened with Saber than before, since she could represent an alternate option to resorting to ESP.

I'll go with Yes, tentatively.

Signature by fumato

Will probably end up regretting it, but will probably be fun. (Also not sure it'd be wise to leave Starkad in Fairyland.)

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Yes

Blog Entries

“Haah…”

An uneasy sigh.

Under the empty sky, I loiter about with unreasonable anxiousness. Though I know I’m being immature, I can’t help but be nervous.

In the end, I decided that I would accept the defeated Master into this Lostbelt. I have many reasons for wanting to say no, but my better judgement won out in the end. Having another Master on the team is simply too good of a boon; no amount of my own grievances could justify giving up such an advantage. It pains me, but even I have to be an adult and make smart choices every now and then. And so, here I was now, waiting for their arrival at the scheduled time and place and regretting my own sensibilities.

“So, what’s she like?” Assassin asks from beside me.

Naturally, she came with me to greet the new reinforcements. Since I haven’t aired any of my qualms to her, she’s merely awaiting some new friends with earnest.

“Well, as a person, I have nothing but complaints about her. But as a Master, she is basically ridiculously overpowered.” I answer honestly.

I begrudgingly recall the little I know about our upcoming guest. The two of us weren’t exactly friends back in Chaldea, but I still knew a bit about her through the grapevine. With the exception of me, all of the Crypters came from prestigious backgrounds and so had plenty of rumors floating around. They’re just hearsay and probably exaggerated, but they nevertheless paint a pretty pretty picture.

As some may already know, in order to combat the singularities that threatened the destruction of humanity, Chaldea designed the FATE system, a method of summoning and contracting Heroic Spirits as the familiars known as Servants. By calling upon the power of humanity’s greatest heroes, they were able to fight against humanity’s greatest, overwhelming threats. It was a truly ingenious system far beyond even the comprehension of a third-rate like me. Chaldea, however, was not the only place in the world where Servants were summoned. There were also these battles held across the world known as the Holy Grail Wars. In them, Masters fought each other over the Holy Grail said to grant one’s wishes. Unlike the cooperative organization of Chaldea united in the goal of saving humanity, these Holy Grail Wars were bloody death matches in which selfish desires drove magi to forget their morals. The casualty rate of these battles was unquestionably high, to the point of putting a significant dent in the population of magi. Yet, it was in these fatal affairs that the girl named Alisha Helstrom made herself known.

At the mere age of 8, she entered a Holy Grail War on her own in a distant land and, of all things, actually won. She, a mere child, fought against the elites of elites and somehow came out on top, claiming for herself the Holy Grail. Then ten years later, she did it again; she ceremoniously won a second Holy Grail War as if to prove that the first time wasn’t a fluke. Such a ridiculous track record is crazy even in that era populated by such regular battles. It is these two epic battles that made her known as a veteran Master. It was only natural that she would be recruited for Chaldea, not only as a Master herself but also as an expert of controlling and commanding Servants. In fact, she was even one of the lecturers responsible for training me and the other candidates back then. Respected, feared, and established – that is the almighty master known as Alisha Helstrom. She might not be on the same level as the other Crypters in terms of magical prowess but her sheer skill and experience as a Master of a Servant are without peer. She was truly one of the world’s leading experts in Servants and one of the very best Masters humanity had to offer.

That’s why I was so shocked when I heard that that invincible champion girl was defeated. But I guess that’s just to show that anything can happen in a Lostbelt. Not to mention that most of what I just said was mere hearsay garnered from rumors; who knows if she really does live up to her own reputation.

“Well, basically she’s a spoiled prodigy princess who has never experienced failure before and buys into her own hype. She thinks she’s better than everyone and has way too much actual skill to doubt herself. That’s the type of human trash fire she is.” I conclude.

“Oh dear. I see…” Assassin comments with concern.

Before I can badmouth my colleague behind her back any further, my thoughts are cut off. Abruptly, the air in front of us distorts and, in the next instant, three figures appear from thin air.

One is the familiar knight that I met earlier, Bianca’s Saber. Looming behind is another man in barbaric armor. His rough complexion and scar-filled body gives the impression of a hard-boiled warrior, but most noticeable has to be his size. Simply put, he’s a giant, easily towering over everyone assembled here. He has to be at least 4 meters tall if not more. I’m certain he is the Alisha’s Lancer Servant. And finally, at the forefront is a cute young woman with a bright expression.

“Hm? Oh, Bengshan! Hey, wassup!”

The moment our eyes meet, she bursts out into a smile and rans over to me with her hand up. The sudden greeting surprises me a little. Wait, why did she raise her hand? Is she trying to go for a high-five?

“Ah, um, hi.” I timidly respond and bop her palm with my own.

The moment our hands touch, she cheers.

“Yay!”

“Y-yay…”

A little embarrassed and taken aback by her sudden friendliness, I quickly turn away to avoid direct eye contact.

Though trying to play cool, I take a quick glance at my new ally. If I were to describe her physically, the words ‘cute’ and ‘fantasy-like” are all I have. For some reason, she’s still wearing her Mage Association Uniform, which doesn’t match well with her blond hair and bright pink eyes. Even though she’s actually older than me, her scrawny body and youthful complexion make it hard to tell; she’d probably get carded in most adult establishments. You’d never be able to tell that she was a veteran badass that has fought through many life-or-death battles.

Regardless of her ability, though, I’m not sure exactly how to react to this pretty lady who I don’t really like. As always, I don’t know how to deal with such straight-forward women.

“Ah, it’s nice to meet you again. I’m Assassin.” Assassin, on the contrary, bows politely to the other Servant while I’m dealing with Alisha.

“Mn. Thank you for receiving us. It is our honor.” The Lancer Servant replies with equal dignity.

It seems that those two are rather courteous towards each other, compared to their Masters’ casual approach.

Wise-up! Lancer's Status
    Class: Lancer
    True Name: ???
    Region: ???
    Origin: ???

Parameters:
    STR: A
    END: A+
    AGI: D
    MGI: C
    LCK: E
    NP: C

“Hm? Ah, hey Saber. You okay, man?” I call out when I notice the knight sweating in the corner of the view.

“A-ah, yes. There’s no need to worry, Lord Bengshan. I’m simply a little fatigued from the transport. It’s rather exhausting to bring other people with me.” He explains calmly despite obviously harsh breaths.

I guess his teleport ability isn’t almighty. There must be some limit to the number of things or people he can bring with him and reaching it must strain him. Well, that’s something to keep in mind for later.

“Uh, do you need a glass of water or something? You look terrible.” I suggest, trying to be considerate.

“Hah… I thank you for your offer, but that won’t be necessary. I’d best head back now.” He politely declines.

“I see. Well then, give Bianca my regards. Thanks for bringing these two here.” I salute him as he goes.

“Yes, I will make sure to do so. May we meet again soon, Lord Bengshan and Lady Alisha.” He gives a final bow and, in an instant, vanishes from sight.

As I watch him go, a slight feeling of sympathy grew in my chest for the loyal knight who’s done nothing but be a pack mule so far. I hope Bianca rewards him well for his hard work after this.

Once Saber left, Alisha, on the other hand, began to circle me like a cat stalking a mouse until our eyes met and she smiled brightly.

“Hm, hm. Well then, I guess the two of us are in this together now, Bengshan!” She beamed.

“Ah, yeah. I look forward to working together with you…” I lied awkwardly. “I’ll be counting on you.”

Suddenly, the moment I said that, she stood straight and flipped her hair with a giant smirk.

“That’s right. Now that I’m here, everything will be fine. You can count on that.” She boasts proudly.

“You sure sound confident…” I comment lightly.

I didn’t really mean it as praise, but Alisha beams, nonetheless.

“Of course. I’m not worried at all. I mean, even you’ve survived this long, so it should be a cakewalk for me, right? This will be no problem.” She states with absolute confidence.

It isn’t a boast. I could tell that much from her tone. She isn’t trying to flex or anything. She’s simply making a rational conclusion based on her own logic, an absoluteness in certainty.

“Oh, speaking of which, I heard you got injured recently and were unconscious for weeks. That must’ve been rough. I’m glad that you’re back on your feet again, though. You’ve always been way too reckless, you know. I’ve told you over and over again in combat training not to pick fights you can’t handle. You’re super duper weak so you have to be more careful, Bengshan.” She scolds me out of concern.

“…” I don’t reply.

As if taking my silence as acceptance, Alisha suddenly pounds her chest with a smug look.

“Well, you don’t have to worry anymore. I’m here now so everything will be fine. You can leave all the fighting to me and just stay at home doing whatever you do. That way even an inexperienced Master like you can survive without being hurt. Wow, now that I say it, don’t we make a great team?”

Nonchalantly and assuredly, she proclaims her plan from hereon. She will handle all the fighting and I’ll do whatever I can to support her from base. Those were the terms of our partnership that she was proposing. It wasn’t like she was telling me off or anything. It was simply the best idea she had, one which she full-heartedly believed in. Because she is a specialist in Servant combat, because I’m inexperienced, because I just got myself hurt in battle, because I’m a third-rate weakling, this was the best arrangement. It was a simple logical conclusion, but…

… it pisses me off a little.

“…you don’t have to patronize me.” I muttered quietly as if cursing.

“Huh? What was that?” She asked directly.

I can’t tell if she got angry at hearing my mumble or if she legitimately didn’t pick up my words.

Frustration begins to rise in my chest. A pathetic anger starts pounding in my mind. I clench my fists hard as if trying to keep those emotions in check.

This woman, Alisha Helstrom, is clearly looking down on me. She thinks that I’m a weakling who can’t do anything except getting himself injured and that I’ve only survived so far because I got a peaceful Lostbelt. Even if she doesn’t say it, I’m sure that’s what she thinks of me. That’s why she wants to handle all the heavy lifting herself: because she can’t trust me as her partner. To be honest, I can’t logically blame her for thinking like that. But even so, that doesn’t mean I’m not angry at it.

What should I do? How should I treat this new ally of mine?

Choice!
    Another Crypter has entered your Lostbelt and the two of you are expected to work together. She, however, seems to be greatly looking down on your abilities, much to your frustration. They say that first impressions are key, so how you treat her here will likely greatly impact your future together. How would you like to act towards her?

1. Be calm and polite. Don’t let your emotions get the better of you. Try your best to civilly work things out with her.
    2. Be firm and aggressive. Stand up for yourself and don’t let her walk all over you, even if it means coming to an argument.
    3. Be nice and submissive. It’s not good to fight and she has a point. She is better than you as a Master, so you should listen to whatever she says.
    4. Punch her in her smug face. Someone in this world needs to teach her a lesson and you're willing to make that sacrifice.
    5. Write-In

References
    Alisha Helstrom
    Lancer

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    1/5 time for some backhanded compliments, be polite but insufferable about it

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    I like Hermes's idea. ^
    seconded

Evil of Humanity Half-Blood Master's Avatar
    5. 1&2. Passive-agressiveness ahoy!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux, July 20th 2019
    We gave HBM, of all people, access to a morals loosening field
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux, December 25th 2019
    Senta deserves the right to a life where she gets to choose if she's actually a Nazi
    True Rider
    A wise and beautiful woman who exudes an aura of grace. She is a sly, cunning, manipulative person who always gets what she wants, whether through trickery or ruthlessness. Her own fighting abilities are low, but she should not be trifled with. What does she ride? Men, of course!

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hermes' 1/5
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

Leaning to the 1/2 mix, and might be fun to see punching her go badly, but eh, think this is the kind of thing where you need to be direct, even if it gets heated. Set the tone for our working relationship going forward.

Blog Entries
    I'm gonna go with the 1/5 combo as well.That girl sure is talking big for the first one to get eliminated. This is Ben's Lostbelt, not hers. She blew her chance. Who knows she might snub the Emperor and jump straight into a fight with the Demons, causing irreparable damage to the Empire.

Blog Entries

“No, it’s nothing.”

I shake my head as if brushing aside any suspicions. Right, I can’t butt heads with this woman carelessly. We’re working together now, so I can’t be uncivilized in my approach. At the very least, I have to try acting polite.

That said, I still have plenty of frustration to vent.

“I was just thinking how glad I am to have you here. I guess it’s a good thing you were defeated so quickly, huh?” I make a snide remark disguised as a compliment.

“Hm? Oh, yeah. Of course!” She replies with a smile.

The backhanded compliment seemed to confuse her for a second, but she quickly ignored it. From the looks of it, she just seems happy to be praised.

“That said… I don’t know about letting you do all the fighting. I mean I’d feel bad about leaving everything to you.” I say, pretending to be a nice and considerate person.

“Eh, you don’t have to worry about that. You’ll only get hurt if you fight, so you can leave it to me. Don’t worry, I’ll protect you.” She proclaims proudly.

Tch, this girl. She really thinks I need her oh-so-generous protection. How irritating.

I swallow my ever-growing frustration and do my best to put on a smile.

“No, no, I couldn’t make you do all that. Besides, if I left all the fighting to you, you might get hurt. That worries me; I’d hate to see you get injured on my behalf.”

As if! The one who wants to hurt you the most is me! Well, let’s refrain from saying such mean things.

“Eh? R-really? Well, if you’re that adamant about it, I guess we could fight together…” She responds, while awkwardly twirling her hair a little.

Hm? She seems quite happy about that one. Could it be… is she weak to compliments and niceties?

“That’s right. I’ve always wanted to fight by your side.” I nod along with her good mood.

“H-hm, then, maybe… but it’d still be risky. I mean, you’re just so weak… ah, but maybe if you were a little stronger?” She goes into thought for a second before bursting out with a joyful expression. “I know! How about I train you first so that you’re combat ready? We can improve your magecraft and what not; it’ll be like our old training days in Chaldea.”

Oh, what a surprising suggestion. Training? Hm… I did want to improve my magecraft while I had the chance and having a proper teacher would be a huge help but… I don’t think I can handle having her lord instructions over me.

“Well, I appreciate the offer – you are very kind – but I don’t know if your training would be much help.” I refuse with dripping implications.

“Hm? Ah, I guess that’s true. At your level, even a crash course wouldn’t make you competent overnight. Too bad, too bad.” She sighs at my rejection.

“Well, let’s leave the details for later. Shall we get going for now? My place is close.” I motion for us to move this elsewhere.

“Ah right, of course.” She nods and then turns to the Servants making pleasant conversation to the side. “C’mon, Starkad. Let’s go!”

The looming giant Lancer turns his head immediately at his Master’s command and simply nods.

“Understood…”

His voice was slow and gravelly, but packed a sense of power behind it, not unlike his enormous body. From his response, it seems that he’s rather obedient to Alisha.

Also, she really just went out and said his True Name like that, huh? I mean, I already knew it, but that’s pretty bold. Is she the type to go “Who cares if you know his True Name? You still can’t beat us!” like an elitist?

Well either way, with that the four of us head back to our humble quarters.

Wise-up! Lancer's Status
    Class: Lancer
    True Name: Starkad
    Region: Scandinavia
    Origin: Norse Mythology

“Uwaah, this is pretty cramped, isn’t it?”

The moment we enter the two-bedroom apartment, Alisha begins complaining. As before, I refrain from calling her out and politely respond.

“Well, you know, that’s just how this place is. There isn’t much space here.”

“Hehh, is that so? Well… I actually kind of like it. It’s pretty cozy, huh?” She claims, examining the dimensions of the flat.

She seems rather pleased with the humble abode; perhaps it’s one of those things when a rich princess becomes attached to a commoner’s shack because of how different it is?

“Welcome back, dea- Ah, who is this?”

While I’m spacing out, Yingying comes out from the kitchen to greet us, only to be surprised at the sigh of Alisha. Ah, now that I think about it, I haven’t filled her in yet, since this was so last minute.

“Ah, sorry Yingying. This is one of my… colleagues, Alisha. Due to some unforeseeable circumstances, she’ll be staying here for a while.” I introduce the two to each other.

“Ah, it’s nice to meet you. I’m Alisha Helstrom.” Alisha greets her in a friendly tone.

“It’s a pleasure. I’m Yao Yingying… hm?” Yingying begins to bow, before suddenly stopping in thought. How strange.

“Is there a problem?” I ask her with concern.

In response, Yingying raises her head slowly and I notice her cheeks are slightly flustered.

“No, it’s nothing major… I was just realizing that… technically, my last name should be yours now…”

“Ah.”

Well, that’s certainly true but… Yingying Andreski? It just doesn’t sound right. And it kind of makes me embarrassed as well. But well… I can’t deny that part of me would be a little happy if I heard it said out loud.

“Hm? Same last name? Wait… does that mean… no way.” Alisha ponders as she begins putting together the pieces from the conversation.

“Geh. N-no wait. Hold on. It’s not what you think.” I realize the danger and try to stop her but am too late.

“Uwah, so it’s like that? You two are married!?” She exclaims loudly and takes a drastic step back from me.

The moment she yells that out loud, Yingying blushes harder while I desperately try to correct any errant thoughts.

“No. I mean, yes, we are, but it’s not like that. You’re misunderstanding—”

“No, no, you don’t have to hide it. I’m not judging you. What you do in your lostbelt is up to you.”

“No, no, no, like I said if you’d just listen—”

“But wow. Shacking up with a local? I didn’t know you had it in you. I’m kind of impressed. Woah, I have to tell everyone immediately. Ah, but then I have to be the one to break the bad news to Bianca…”

“No! Don’t tell or say anything. Please!”

In the end, after some high-pressure back and forth, my pleas are answered, and I manage to convince the little devil to not expose my marital status to our peers. What a heart-racing danger I never expected; I was moments away from being known as the playboy Crypter forever.

That damn Alisha was hard to convince. She was insistent about telling Bianca in particular too – I wonder why? Ah, it must be a girl thing. Like gossipy girl talk and what not? I guess those two were closer than I thought if they’re so adamant about sharing romance gossip like that.

Anyways, after that, things calm down and we move onto discussing the future arrangements.

“Right, for now, you can use this room.” I point the Master and Servant to their new resting place.

It is, of course, none other than the side bedroom in the Royal Quarters. If one remembers, I originally gave this room to Assassin, but I’ve been sleeping in it since Yingying arrived. Now that Alisha’s here, I’m handing it over to her. Of course, that means there’s no room or bed for me, so I’ll be back to sleeping on the floor again. It’s a pain, but even I can’t make a girl sleep on the floor in my place. We just don’t have enough room.

“Eh? We’ll be under the same roof? … I sense danger to my body in this arrangement.” Alisha complains, while wrapping her arms around herself in a gesture of cautious guarding.

“Oi, what kind of person do you take me for? I’m a married man, you know.” I allow myself to retort a little.

Does she really think I’d be tempted to lay a hand on her? Don’t get full of yourself, bitch. I live looking at Assassin every day. In comparison, you’re about as attractive as a moist biscuit.

“Sorry, but there’s no choice. Your arrival was out of nowhere so I couldn’t prepare anything. I’ll try to see if we can get you your own place soon, so put up with it for now, okay?” I explain while scratching my head.

“Hm? Well… I guess that’s okay. But no coming into my room, okay?” She makes an authoritative humph.

“Of course, of course.” I say gently.

I want to make a sarcastic remark, but I restrain myself and just nod like a machine. This being polite and passive aggressive thing is harder than I thought.

“By the way… I was wondering, but what’s in that bag?” I ask, looking at the luggage that Starkad was carrying.

“Hm? Ah, souvenirs.” Alisha answers with cheer.

The giant immediately lowers the pack and the Master opens it up to let me look inside. The first thing I see is… a big teddy bear?

“Ah, wait, wait, that’s not it. That’s just my teddy. The real stuff is under it.” Alisha quickly picks up the stuffed animal, hugging it in her arms, and lets me see the other stuff.

“Hmm… bundles, jars, and vials? It’s pretty carefully packed but what are they?” I wonder.

“Materials. The people back in Fairyland were kind enough to give them to us. There’s a lot of good stuff here too. Look at this.” She explains and reaches into the bag.

Huh, is that so? With a closer look, I see that there’s a lot of herbs and natural materials in the things. There are also jars with dancing lights in them, likely some sort of fairy spirits. They all seem like high-quality stuff that’d be super expensive back in our original world. To give them so generously, the people in Bianca’s lostbelt must be super nice.

Alisha excitedly pulls out what looks like a flowerpot from the bag and holds it up for me. In the pot is some sort of vegetable growing in soil.

“Here. Try pulling it out.”

“Huh? Okay, I guess. What is it?”

I play along and begin tugging on the plant leaves—

“Mandrake.”

“Pssst! Are you trying to kill me!?”

I let go just in time. That was close! I nearly caused a fatal accident that couldn’t be taken back.

What’s wrong with this girl? Does she want to commit suicide?

“Hahaha, just kidding! It’s just a regular herb.” She laughs at my panic and pulls out the plant to reveal regular roots beneath.

“D-don’t joke about stuff like that. That’s not good for my health.” I complain fiercely.

“Hehe, what’s wrong? Did I make your heart skip a beat?” She chuckles and gives me a playful wink.

Ggghh, this woman… calm down, calm down. Stay polite, stay polite…

“Honestly, you have such an exciting sense of humor. You must’ve had a very special childhood.” I snidely comment.

“Aw, thanks.” She smiles at the backhanded compliment.

Right, it seems that she really doesn’t get the connotations of my passive aggressive words. Is she actually super dense?

Anyways, I leave the two alone to unpack and go to sit in peace in the living room, still a little disgruntled. Seeing me separate from them, Assassin waltzes on over.

“How’s it going? You two seem to be getting along.” She comments lightly as she stands besides my armchair.

“What exactly did you see that made you think that?” I question her vision.

“Hm, am I wrong? Do you not like her?” Assassin asked with a surprisingly surprised expression. Not thinking too deeply about it, I fold my arms and sink further into the chair.

“To be honest, I really don’t. She gets on my nerves.” I admit while glaring at the sight of her across the apartment.

“Really? You were acting so nice though. Nicer than usual in fact.” She comments.

“Well that’s…”

I briefly explain to Assassin how I feel and how I decided to treat Alisha.

“Eeh, passive aggressive? Backhanded compliments? That’s not like you.” She remarks with confusion and concern.

Certainly, I’m usually not someone who acts polite without reason. I tend to be pretty cold and blunt about things so I’m not actually one to be tactful or delicate. The usual exceptions are when my life is in danger, but in casual conversation, I’m usually harsher. But I’m currently making a conscious effort to not reveal my true feelings to Alisha. If I’m not careful, I’ll cuss her out before I realize it. Instead, I’ve been venting my anger with indirect insults and false praise, but the girl in question is so dense that it’s not satisfying at all.

“I understand what you’re going through, but if you’re having that much difficulty dealing with her, maybe you should just let her know head-on, before something bad happens.” She suggests after some thought.

“But… if I just lay into her, I’m afraid we won’t be able to work together.” I respond with my head down.

“But you can’t keep pretending like you get along with her. That won’t last forever; it’s best to hash things out early. I’ve told you before that deception is bad, right?” She begins to take a lecturing tone.

I quickly look away in shame. Certainly, I already know how she feels about honesty and lying. It was one of the first things I learned about her upon arriving in this world, so I couldn’t forget it easily. It was by following her advice for an honest relationship that I’m at the place I am now with Yingying but… this case is different, right? It should be fine; Alisha seems socially dense so I can probably keep fooling her for a long, long time. I can keep it up if I try.

“I-it’s not really deception… I mean, I’m not lying per se…” I shiftily try to find an excuse, but she is having none of it.

“There’s no difference. In the end, your relationship will just be a fabrication, right? Can you really be satisfied with that kind of partnership?” She precisely hammers my stubborn thoughts.

I don’t have anything I can say in response, so I just silently look away as if ignoring the problem. After a while of that, Assassin sighs and changes her tone.

“Well, you can do what you want. If you still think this is the best way to handle things, I won’t force you, but… I personally don’t like it. Being nice when you don’t mean it. Gaining a person’s affections in order to use them. Deception for manipulation. I really… hate those kinds of things.” She states with a solemn voice.

For a moment, her tone of voice is different. The words she says aren’t those of a wise motherly woman scolding an ignorant child, but something that feels very personal. In them, I sense deep contemplation, disappointment, and… regret.

Wise-up! Assassin's Status
    Affection Down!
    You are willing to use methods Assassin doesn’t agree with in certain situations.

“W-well, I’ll consider how I should treat her. But, either way, as things stand, I don’t think our relationship’s really good. I guess I’m worried about working well with her…” I change topic and voice my concerns.

“Ah, well, that is the main problem, I suppose. Hmm…” Assassin begins to think.

In the end, the main concern is forming a working relationship with Alisha. Most of all, I need to make her respect me and see me as an equal, at least. Otherwise, she won’t listen to what I have to say and will keep acting like a bigshot. But considering her attitude, that doesn’t seem like an easy task.

After maybe 30 seconds of contemplation, though, Assassin suddenly bops her fist in epiphany.

“Oh, I’ve got a good idea!”

“Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god. This is so awesome!”

“Ah, yeah, yeah, calm down.”

In the streets of Pinyang city, a giddy Alisha was jumping and frolicking about in excitement at every little thing she saw while I begrudgingly walked alongside her.

This was Assassin’s great idea? I honestly don’t know what I expected.

The plan Assassin proposed was simple. She made a public suggestion for me to personally show Alisha around the city while she helped Lancer unpack. Before I could respond, Alisha excitedly agreed and practically dragged me out the door, and so here we were. Apparently, Assassin thought that if Alisha and I had some personal time with just the two of us, we’d learn to get along and connect with each other. Of course, I personally have nothing but doubts about such an optimistic approach.

“Wow, this is amazing. It really is China. It’s just like the pictures but also super different.” Alisha commentated while gawking at everything from the people’s clothes to the lanterns lighting the streets.

Now that I think about it, I do remember that she was apparently a big fan of Chinese culture. But from the looks of it, she’s never been to the actual country itself, so this must be a huge event for her.

Well, seeing her happy like that… yeah, nope. Her happiness doesn’t inspire my own joy. I feel nothing from seeing her ecstatic other than the desire to knock her down a peg.

Heh, it’d be funny if she saw something that completely disillusioned her. That’s something I could laugh at. Hehehe…

“Bengshan! Look, look. Isn’t that building super cool?” She exclaims while pointing at something in the distance and tugging on my arm.

All the while that we were walking, she was holding onto my arm while hopping like a child. I tried discreetly brushing her off a few times, but she immediately went back to grabbing onto me without even realizing my attempts to get away. With her erratic yet clingy actions, she was practically rubbing her body on my arm at all times, much to my displeasure.

Too close, too close! What’s wrong with this girl? It’s different from Assassin or Rider who seem to purposely flaunt their bodies; she just seems oblivious to her actions. Does she just have no concept of personal space?

Anyways, we continue roaming the city with me giving her brief explanations of the area while she makes a ruckus wherever we go. Due to her happiness alone, a seemingly nice atmosphere is formed between us despite my own unhappiness with the situation.

Wait, now that I think about it… if someone else were to see us like this, a young man and woman walking around town, arm in arm, and seemingly super happy… wouldn’t they think it was a date?

Blugh, just the thought makes me want to vomit. Such disgust lingers in my stomach as we continue to tour the city and eventually stop for a short break.

“Mmm, what’s this flavor? Even the food here’s good.”

While munching on some cake-like snack as we stand by one of the rest areas where there aren’t many people, Alisha airs her absolute delight. I take a bite myself, but don’t think it’s particularly good. Is this girl just satisfied with anything?

“Man, this place really is awesome. Of all the ones I’ve seen, I like this world the most.” She boldly claims while fluttering her feet in the air as if she can’t help herself. Is it really okay to say that when you just came here?

“… you were in Bianca’s Lostbelt before this, right? How was it?” I timidly ask.

To be honest, I still haven’t decided how I wanted to treat her. Should I keep up with what I was doing and continue to act nice? Or should I do what Assassin said and just be honest about how much I dislike her? If so, how would I even bring it up? It feels awkward to go from a peaceful atmosphere to talking about how I hate her guts. But the more I stall, the harder it’ll be to go back…

Such gloomy thoughts fill my mind despite the happy atmosphere. Not knowing what to do, I can only speak to her meekly, unsure of what path to commit to. Luckily, it seems she hasn’t noticed my attitude and responds normally.

“Ah, it was pretty good. Everything was really pretty and peaceful. I didn’t really have any complaints except… it was too clean.” She says while reflecting.

“Huh? What do you mean?” I ask, confused.

“Well, y’know, it’s like… everything was too perfect. There was nothing wrong, and that made it feel like everything was wrong. Like I was just living in a painting rather than a real world or something… it’s hard to describe. This place isn’t as pretty, but… I like it a lot better.” She declares lightly.

“Is that so? Then… what about your Lostbelt?” I question.

“…”

I’m surprised. For once, she doesn’t respond immediately. Instead, she remains silent with an uncharacteristically solemn look on her face for a few seconds, just long enough for me to notice and see it before she quickly switched gears. In an instant, a big grin popped on her face as she cheerfully shook her head.

“Ah, nah, that place was awful. Well, it’s not worth talking about, so let’s forget about it. Anyways, I just can tell that I was totally meant to be in this world instead. It’s like we’re on the same wavelength, y’know. Like this arrangement was just destined or something. All the other Crypters seem suited for their Lostbelts, but mine didn’t suit me at all. Rather this one just feels like it was meant to be mine. It just feels right. Don’t you agree?” She says some nonsense I don’t really comprehend.

Her words give me a moment of pause. What does she mean that this Lostbelt was meant to be hers? I feel like I know the answer but… I don’t want to think about it.”

“Um, I guess? Well, I suppose it’s good that you like it here…” I hesitantly respond.

“Yeah, this place is great!” She cheers. “The culture is cool and it’s pretty civilized. I mean, I finally get to visit China, that’s super awesome. And most of all, it seems like things are gonna be super easy to deal with. No problems at all.”

“… what do you mean by that?” Though I know I shouldn’t, I ask the question whose answer I dread.

“Well, you know. You’ve managed so far by yourself, so I bet there’s nothing really challenging around. It’ll be easy peasy.” She proclaims.

Without me noticing, my hands begin to ball up. No, no, calm down. I have to be polite; I can’t lose my calm here.

“W-well, I don’t know about that… there might be some unforeseen dangers.” I say as steadily as I can.

“Eh? No way, no way. If there was anything that could defeat me, you’d be dead already.” She laughs as if I said something ridiculous.

I begin to grit my teeth. Everything I have is used to bottle my emotions. Calm down, calm down…

“I suppose that at your level it might be hard to gauge the difference between those above you but trust me on this. Nothing here can stand up to me. That’s a certainty.”

Calm down, calm down…

“Well, there’s also the matter of managing the progress, but that shouldn’t be a problem. With no one who can oppose us, we can run this place as we wish.”

Be calm, be calm… Just stay calm. No matter what I do, I have to stay calm.

“Really, now that I think about it, this Lostbelt is basically like the easy mode in a game, right? Man, you sure got lucky for getting it, right? I’m so jealous. Ah, but I guess in the end, I ended up here too, so I’m pretty lucky too.”

Deep breaths, relaxation, counting numbers, meditation, nothing is effective at cooling the heat building up in my head. Red fills my view as pathetic as it is and the desire to act rather than just sit there and endure becomes unbearable.

Even so, I have to stay calm…

“Well then, let’s do this, partner. With me here, our victory is guaranteed.”

No. I can’t stay calm any longer. I can’t contain this rage at all!

“… says the person who was defeated first.”

Suddenly. Out of nowhere, I mutter it while looking away. But I make no attempt to lower the volume or hide the words. They come out clearly for all to hear.

Immediately after, surprise colors Alisha’s face. She probably wasn’t even sure she heard that correctly. But soon enough, she processed the words and surprise quickly turned to anger.

“Haah? What was that?” She loudly interrogates with the tone of a thug.

“What’s wrong? Are you deaf as well as stupid?” I mock her openly.

With my restraints broken, I freely say whatever I want. Right now, I’m practically exploding with anger that I need to vent.

“Huh? What? W-what are you saying?” She gasps at my response. It seems like she’s gone back to surprise after seeing how different I’m acting now. “You’re acting strange. What’s your problem?”

“My problem? The only problem I have is you. It’s barely been more than a few hours and I’m already sick and tired of your attitude.” I answer her clearly.

“Eh? Eh? W-why?” She squeaks.

“I can’t stand how you act like you know everything and that you’re better than everyone. You act like you’re such a bigshot, when in reality you’re the one who was defeated first. It’s infuriating.” I lay into her completely, without holding anything back. In response, she merely stands there stunned with wide open eyes.

“E-eh? B-but I…” She quietly pushes out a few words, but I don’t even register them.

“But more than any of that, the thing I hate most about you is how you have to insult me every time you speak. It’s like you don’t know how to communicate without putting other people below you. Am I really that pathetic in my eyes? Am I really worthless without you? Do you really think you’re that much better than me? Just stop it!” I yell it all out, all of my frustrations.

Paying no attention to the surroundings or tact, I release all the emotions that have been bottling since I decided to try being calm and polite. Like a volcano, I finally release my fiery load onto her. And facing all that anger, she—

“I-I didn’t mean to…”

She makes a face as if her view of the world was shattered. For a moment, a brief moment, her voice seems apologetic.

But it doesn’t last long. In the very next instant, the surprise and shock wears off and a fiery spirit replaces it. In an even louder voice than mine, she pushes back.

“S-shut up! Don’t tell me what to do!” She roars like a wild beast. But, at this point, I won’t lose in terms of ferocity.

“That’s my line. Don’t tell me to do whatever you want. I’m not your Servant. Why should I follow your orders?” I retort wildly.

“W-what? You said were okay with my plan.”

“As if. Are you delusional? I was against it from the very beginning.”

“W-well, why didn’t you just say so? How was I supposed to know?”

“By listening to me, idiot! Anyone with basic social comprehension would’ve realized. But no, you only ever care about yourself and what you want, don’t you?”

That’s right, I get it now. The reason this girl is so dense, it must be because she’s so self-centered. She doesn’t consider other people’s feelings so how could she understand what their words mean? That has to be it.

“Wha- n-no, I… s-shut up! Shut up, shut up! What’s wrong with my plan anyways? It’s only logical.” She cries out as if throwing a tantrum.

“Why do I have to leave all the fighting to you? Do you think I’m nothing? Do you think you’re better off without allies?”

“Of course not. I was just… I’m good at fighting so I should do the fighting.”

“That’s stupid. Are you saying I don’t have any fighting ability?”

“Y-yes, I am. You’re weak so you shouldn’t fight. I don’t want you to get hurt! I… I care about you, okay!?”

What the hell is she talking about? I know for a fact that she couldn’t care any less about me. If she actually cared about me, she wouldn’t be so eager to insult me at every turn. She’s definitely just saying that. And it pisses me off even more.

“Don’t mock me. I never asked for your pity. I can take care of myself.” I respond with a cold voice of utter scorn.

That complete frigidness seems to shake Alisha for a second. Silently, she takes in the icy hated I’ve been building up. It’s only after a long moment that she seems to remember that she needs to respond.

“N-no… no, you can’t.” She retorts meekly without much fire, as if only to not lose to me. “You got yourself hospitalized recently, right? That’s because you’re weak. I’m 1000 times stronger than you, so you should just leave it to me. That way no one gets hurt.”

“Oh, yeah? You’re that amazing? Then, tell me. Why were you the first one to be defeated!?”

“Ah.”

I hit her with the ultimate attack, the one thing she cannot deny. Yes, for the perfect and invincible champion, it is the only black mark on her record and so it is the ultimate weakspot.

After that blow, she makes an expression as if she had gotten the wind punched out of her.

“T-that’s different…” She answers with trepidation.

“Really? Cause it seems to me like it’s a pretty good judge of our abilities. Since you were defeated first, that has to mean that you’re inferior to me, right?” I, however, don’t let up with my attack.

“N-no, I’m not. Y-you’re just a weakling who can’t even cast spells properly. I’m definitely better than you.” She barks, but there’s little spirit behind her words.

“Fine, then prove it. Tell me exactly what makes you better than me.” I taunt cockily.

“F-fine. Fight me. I’ll beat you in an instant. That should prove who’s better.”

She makes a dramatic pose as she challenged me to a duel, but I can only scoff at her gesture.

“Haah, is that the only thing you know how to do? Do you think a person’s value is based solely on power levels? You really are just a musclehead idiot, aren’t you? Heck, I bet that’s why you were defeated. I’m sure you went around picking a fight with everything you saw, and bit off way more than you chew. That’s it, isn’t it?” I laugh at her, taking full delight as distraught pain surfaces on her face.

Only then do I realize. Without me noticing, our roles have reversed. The one mocking the other, the person looking down from above was now me. And the one hugging their knees and licking their wounds was…

“T-that’s not true. Don’t assume things about me!” Alisha barks and suddenly shoves me.

For the first time in our altercation, things have gone beyond the verbal and a physical attack is dealt. However, the actual push is weak, and I barely even take a few steps back. But that alone triggers me.

“Then, don’t assume my abilities! Don’t underestimate me, dammit!” I respond completely in kind, shoving her as well. But our statures are completely different; I fully jettison the light-weight girl with a single push.

“Kyaa!” She yelps as she topples to the ground. It must’ve surprised her as she doesn’t catch herself and lands harshly on the stone floor. It looks like it hurt quite a bit, but… I don’t have the mind to care anymore.

Looking down on her fallen body with cold eyes, I deliver my final attack.

“You know what, Alisha? You’re supposed to be a super Master who’s never lost, right? That’s why you became a Crypter, right? That’s why you were brought back to life, right? So then… what does it mean now that you’ve been lost? Now that you’ve been defeated, what worth are you, Alisha Helstrom? Why are you even alive?”

Words I don’t even know if I truly mean, yet hit harder than anything, pour out of my mouth. They are…

“The answer is nothing at all. You’re worthless.”

… the conclusion I’ve always dreaded.

Silence. No response from the disgraced woman beneath me. The mutt at my feet says nothing after that absolute roast. For what feels like eternity, she only lies sprawled across the floor, until—

“… sniff

“Eh?”

A surprising sound snaps me out of it. It’s the sound of someone inhaling sharply through their nose. Is she… is she crying?

Immediately after, she looks up and I get a good look at the tears streaming down her face. But through them, I see eyes of both pain and hatred, and she opens her mouth one last time.

“… shut up.”

A final meager resistance. And in the next instant, she gets onto her feet and runs off, back in the direction of the apartment, covering her face all the way.

Left behind by the fleeing girl, I’m left to contemplate my actions and the consequences they’ve had.

When I return to the royal quarters myself, I find both Assassin and Yingying standing outside the side bedroom doors with concerned expressions. Apparently, they saw Alisha enter the apartment in tears before she ran into the room and locked herself in it. Since then, neither her nor her Servant have left or shown any indication of responding to them. Even Assassin trying to phase through the wall was apparently unable to enter due to some sort of barrier that was erected. Alisha had completely, in all purposes, shut herself up in her room.

Obviously, they asked me what happened, but I stubbornly refuse to tell them what had occurred between the two of us. After a while, they recognized my stubbornness and also left me alone for a bit. Left with my thoughts, I came to two important decisions:

1. I definitely hate Alisha Helstrom. That will never change. Even if she apologizes, I will never forgive her.

2. I haven’t done anything wrong. She deserved to be told off at least once. I am in the right. Therefore, I will not apologize no matter what.

I tell these two things to myself and strengthen my will to carry them out. I tell myself that I definitely do not feel bad for her and I don’t care about her at all. I affirm that I don’t need her help and that there’s no need to pander to her whims anymore.

Those are the things I tell myself, and I will certainly not reconcile with her for the next few days.

But… are they how I truly feel?

Beyond my pride and ego, what do I now really think about Alisha Helstrom?

Choice
    Your plan to stay calm and politely work things out with Alisha has failed. In a burst of rage, you have accidentally caused deep damage to your relationship with her. You tell yourself that you hate her and are in the right, but that’s just what you say. How do you actually feel about these events?

1. I’m not lying to myself. I truly hate her and believe I’m in the right.
    2. I went too far, and I feel bad for her. I should apologize and make amends.
    3. I don’t feel bad; she needed to be told off. However, I’m willing to reconcile in time.
    4. I’m angry at myself for losing my cool. It’s all my fault. I really am the worst…
    5. I can’t deal with her at all nor do I want to. I should send her back to one of the other LBs.
    6. I don’t care about her at all. Even if she were to become a mindless puppet…
    7. Write-In

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    7. If she apologizes and never looks down on us again. I'm also willing to apologize for hurting her feeling.

Blog Entries
    7. I think that putting the safety of the Lostbelt above his personal feelings would be for the best. Even if he hates Alisha, she is still a potentially useful ally. So he should at least be willing to let their differences aside if she agrees to work under him. That also means he can earn back some rep with Assassin, by being honest with his own feelings but also prioritazing their end goal of saving the Lostbelt.
    Last edited by Wyvern; February 26th, 2020 at 03:03 PM.