Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 17222526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: [Quest] Lostbelt Raising Project

Blog Entries

Year:

A good reason for Merlin to help me.

Such a thing does not exist. Merlin will not listen to the logic and sensibilities of a human, nor is there anything I can do for her in exchange for her assistance. I simply cannot think of a single good reason for Merlin to join my side.

That’s why, as much as I don’t like it, I can only give her a bad reason.

“… you’re wrong.” I mutter after some thought.

“Ara, what might be the matter? Is there something you want to say to me?” Merlin asked in a teasing manner.

“I’m saying that your reasoning is wrong. It’s obvious that you should be supporting me instead.” I tell her straight up, raising my head once more to glare at her.

“Ara, that’s an interesting statement. I do believe that I have fully outlined my reasoning to you, and I do not see any flaws in it. How, then, do you see it as wrong?” Merlin challenges.

“The whole thing, idiot.” I scoff in response. “You say that this is your hobby, but you’re choosing the most boring option. It should be obvious that supporting me would be 100 times more fun.”

For a moment, she seems to show the closest thing to intrigued that her apathetic smile can muster, before continuing on with her amused interrogation.

“Go on. I’m listening.” She tells me, sitting majestically in her chair like a king watching the court jester juggle.

I take that self-important gesture as my cue to attack.

“Think about it. What’s more fun to watch, a close fight or a one-sided slaughter? The even match, of course. No one loves to watch a blow-out game. And the same thing applies here, moron.” I explain to her rudely, converting my anger to contempt. “Bianca is practically omnipotent. No one can oppose her, and no one is even allowed to try. At this rate, she’ll continue to go on unchallenged. And where’s the fun in watching that?”

Merlin just nods along attentively, but I can tell that she’s seriously considering what I’m saying behind that unfazed smile of hers.

“But me, on the other hand, I’m your superstar. I’m the only one who has the ability to go up against Bianca. I’m the one who can give you the edge-of-your-seat fight that you’re itching for.” I proclaim bombastically. “Don’t you want to see a hopeless underdog defeat the reigning champion? Doesn’t that sound fun to you? If so, then you have no reason not to support me.”

“Hmmm… The way you put things, it sounds like I’ll have quite the show without even interfering. So then, why should I support you?” Merlin points out keenly.

“Because otherwise it won’t even be a fight. I’ll only have a fighting chance with your help. Otherwise, nothing will change, and I’ll give in to her eventually. That won’t be any fun at all.” I state.

“You’re saying that you’ll be able to entertain me more than Bianca?” She questions curiously.

“Damn right. Just watch. I’ll give you a show that’ll blow your socks off!” I declare haughtily.

“Hmm…” Merlin continues to contemplate in silence.

Her placid visage betrays no hint as to which way she’s leaning and I’m left to wonder in anguish.

That was the best and worst argument I had. I can’t agree with the idea of doing things solely for fun on a moral level, but it was the only way I could think of to tip Merlin to my side.

I take a deep breath and think about what I’ll do if this doesn’t work. But such thoughts bear no fruit; after this, there really isn’t anything else I can do. Without Merlin, my chances of victory are simply zero. I’ll have no choice but to accept my defeat and submit to Bianca.

That’s…

Yeah, I can’t allow that, after all…

“… please.” I plead to Merlin sincerely, drawing from that sinking anguish in my heart. “Please, I need your help. I want to… I need to defeat her. It’s the only way I can make things right. Please, you’re my only hope.”

Merlin responds with only more cold, uncaring silence. The contents of my heart bounce off her and do nothing to move her composure. She simply continues to contemplate in gentle peace, until finally…

“Okay. Why not?”

An approval so smooth and sudden I almost think I hallucinate it.

“E-eh? Okay…? S-so then, that means…” I mumble incredulously.

“Yes, you’ve convinced me. As you say, it would be interesting to watch you try to defeat Bianca Chrome.” Merlin states serenely.

In contrast to her gentle cheer, I feel a burst of hope explode in my chest.

“R-really!? You really mean it!?” I ask again, still stunned.

“Yes, of course. You are free to celebrate as you please.” Merlin replies with a bright smile.

“Th-then don’t mind if I do.” I stutter a little, but quickly comply. With a subdued smile, I lightly pump my hand in front of my chest and cheer under my breath. “Woohoo.”

I still don’t know exactly what Merlin considered, but she ended up agreeing to help me in the end. The hope that has blossomed earlier is revived once more. Now I finally actually stand a chance against Bianca.

My mini jubilance continued for a few more moments as Merlin giggled amusedly from the side, until she finally brought me back down to earth.

“Well then, well then, since I’m officially on board now, shall we return to the topic you wished to discuss earlier?” She suggests softly.

“R-right. Let’s get back to business.” I nod, pulling myself back to reality, and address my newfound ally. “I need to think of a way to defeat Bianca. Is there anything you can do help with that?”

Merlin is a hyper-powerful magus after all, so there must be something she can do even from her tower. For one, she can see everything in the Kingdom, so she must have a lot of information that could be useful. Furthermore, her magical powers might still be able to do something. If I have her help, it could be important to see what she can do.

“Hmmm, I can think of a few ideas. I’m not sure what to do exactly, though.” Merlin muses mildly. “Oh, how about this? Why don’t you choose something for me to do? I’ll help you do any one thing that you ask for.”

“Eh, one thing? You’re not just helping me unconditionally?” I realize.

“Of course. It would be boring if I solved everything for you, wouldn’t it? This is just for my fun, so I think it’ll be more fun if I only help you a little.” She explains pleasantly. “I look forward to watching you struggle now that you’ve been given a sliver of hope. Don’t disappoint me, okay?”

Hearing that, I feel like facedesking.

Damn, I should’ve known better than to fully trust a succubus. It seems that, even as my official ally, Merlin’s help will be sporadic and whimsical. Maybe I should’ve picked a more serious reason for her to help me after all.

Oh, well, can’t be helped at this point. Besides, this is still way better than no help at all.

I just need to choose wisely and figure out the best way to use this gift that I’ve been lucky to bring to my side.

Choice!
    After some pleading and convincing, Merlin has agreed to become your ally. However, her apathetic nature spurs her to not help you fully and she decides to only help you with one thing that you ask for. What will you ask her for?

1. Ask if Bianca has any weaknesses that you can exploit
    2. Ask how to get the Servants or other people on your side
    3. Ask if there’s a way to nullify the effects of Bianca’s Reading Rainbow
    4. Ask her to help make you a Hero
    5. Ask her to bring you into Bianca’s dreams
    6. Ask her for a super-duper awesome Excalibur-tier weapon that will help you defeat Bianca
    7. Write-In

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    3. Assuming there is, "liberating" Bianca's closest allies and maybe a few more important people of the Lostbelt would cause her entire alliance to crumble from the inside. It's the perfect mix of fun and (potentially) effective!

4, for now.

7 - Ask if Merlin can use or teach us a magic that affects the vision capabilities of people and Servant (to alter the colors they see).

夜属 Nightkin
    3 sounds nice but if the answer is "no" we'll have wasted our question.
    1 migth be more useful.

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    4 just seems like a permanent upgrade. I'll go with that

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    4. I think it will help with Camille's character arc, and it might help him sway Saber to his side.

4. because it seems the most interesting

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Giving Camille the necessary edge to incite unexpected change/impact to challenge and correct would be the more interesting option for Merlin -- since out of the other options, this one is the most unpredictable one as it is largely depends on how Camille would act with the given boost.
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

Blog Entries

Year:

“Say, Merlin, is it true that you trained King Arthur?” I ask after some serious thought.

“Ara, how nostalgic.” Merlin hums in response, softly placing a hand to her cheek. “That’s a name I haven’t heard in centuries. Yes, indeed, there was such a man once wasn’t there?”

I’m not sure exactly what emotion is behind those idle words, but it does seem that she faintly remembers the hero called King Arthur. In that case…

“Then, would it be possible for you to train me too?” I ask her seriously. “Can you help make me more of a Hero?”

“Oho, I wasn’t expecting you to ask for that.” Merlin says, seemingly surprised. “So then, you wish to receive the education of a king?”

“A king, a knight, a hero, whatever. I just need to prepare myself.” I staunchly explain to her.

It goes without saying. The power difference between me and Bianca is simply too vast. If I want any chance of going up against her, I need to bolster myself as well. And who better to help me than the legendary kingmaker herself?

“Hmm, are you really sure that’s what you want? I can’t say I expect it to help you that much. No amount of crash course training will bring you to Bianca Chrome’s level.” Merlin remarks doubtfully.

“It’s fine. Every bit counts. If I can’t even hold my own, there won’t be much chance no matter what I do, so this takes priority.” I declare.

“Well then, I don’t mind. If that’s your request, then, as your loyal ally, I would be happy to help train you.” Merlin accepts with a smile.

“Great. Then, I’ll be in your care.” I thank her, bowing my head.

I don’t know about that loyal part, but it’s true that Merlin will be a useful ally. Obviously, I don’t expect to become the next King Arthur or anything, but I’m sure that the kingmaker’s guidance won’t lead me the wrong way.

Now that I’m thinking about it, the chance to learn from the legendary Merlin herself is kind of crazy. I guess I should just be grateful to be given such a huge chance like this.

Just as I’m thinking that,

“Hm…”

Merlin suddenly gets up from her chair and starts circling around me. Silently musing about something, she observes me closely from every angle, as if rubbing her eyes on every part of my body. Then, randomly, she pokes me right on the bicep.

“Wh-what’s the matter? Is something wrong?” I respond, recoiling from the weird poke.

“No, I was just sizing up the material. I need to know what you’ve got before I plan how to raise you.” She claims, not taking her eyes off my body.

“I-I see… well, how is it? Do you think you’ll be able work your magic on me?” I wonder hopefully.

Could it be? Is this the scene where my true latent potential is revealed, and the sage wizard helps bring out my full heroic power!?

“Hmmmm… well, you’re not giving me much to work with here.” Merlin mutters mercilessly.

I immediately feel a sharp pang in my chest.

“E-eh? Then that means…” I ask uneasily.

“Yes, you have no talent whatsoever.” Merlin states with a warm, codling smile.

… it’s okay. I’m not crying. I’m just excreting manly, hero water from my eyes.

“… s-so, does that mean that you won’t be able to train me?” I ask, while trying to hold in the manly hero water.

“Oh, don’t worry about that. In fact, this is nice in its own way.” Merlin comments happily.

“How so?” I wonder.

“This can be like a little pet project of mine.” She states in a cheerful manner. “Superior talents are nice too, but it can be fun to see how well I can work with sub-par material as well.”

Ah, I see. This woman’s already thinking of me as her toy.

“O-okay, so logistically speaking, what do you have in mind for training?” I question.

Obviously, I trust that whatever Merlin has in mind will be really effective, but I do wonder what kind of methods she has. It won’t be standard PT would it?

“Well, I can only talk to you in your dreams, so we can’t exactly build your body. You’ll have to give up on any physical improvements.” Merlin begins to explain.

“That makes sense.” I nod along, Certainly, I can’t work out my muscles while sleeping.

But if it’s not physical power-ups, does that mean we’ll be training magically?

“Oh, yes, you’re a Magus, correct? Do you happen to have a teacher right now?” Merlin randomly asks.

“Huh? Uhh, yeah, I have one.” I inform her. “My mentor is a girl called Alisha. Ah, if you’ve been spying on Bianca, I guess you must’ve heard of her.”

“Mn, then I guess I can’t teach you magic either.” Merlin remarks disappointedly.

“Eh? Why not? I’d love to learn magic from you.” I declare frantically. I can’t imagine someone better to learn magic from then the legendary Merlin herself.

“Ara, how flattering. But you shouldn’t say stuff like that.” Merlin scolds me in a sisterly tone. “It’s improper among magi to mess with another person’s apprentice. Likewise, an apprentice shouldn’t be so unfaithful to their mentor.”

“Ah, that’s… fair.” I’m forced to accept.

Now that she’s it, I understand. The relationship between mentor and apprentice is special for magi. And I’m almost certain Alisha would 100% kill me if she found out I cheated on her.

“Wait, so then, I can’t do physical or magical training? Then… what are we going to do?” I question perplexingly.

“Ara ara, it seems like someone didn’t really think through their request.” Merlin giggles.

Damn it, I hate to admit it but that’s true. I got jumpy over the chance of being trained by The Merlin that I didn’t consider what kind of training she could practically give me. Then, does this mean that my request was a total waste?

“Ara, what’s with that defeated face? If you’re that worried, I could try shoving a dragon inside of you. I’m sure it would boost both your physical and magical parameters, among other things.” Merlin suddenly suggests.

“Huh? O-oh, uh, no thanks. The way you said that made it sound like it would definitely mess me up, so I’m gonna have to pass. I don’t want anything draconic anywhere near me.” I reply, sweatily retreating a bit.

“Hahaha. Then I guess we’ll save the dragon for another day.” The Magus of Flower giggles, seemingly having taken a liking to teasing me. “Anyways, you don’t have to worry about it. You should know that there’s more to a hero than physical and magical power.”

“I guess that is true.” I nod along. “In that case, I suppose I’ll just trust your judgement. Whatever training you decide on, I’ll just go with it.”

“Is that so? So then, anything goes, huh?” Merlin smiles sadistically.

Oh, no, I think I may have just awoken a beast. Merlin’s eyes begin to sparkle as the gears in her mind turn. No doubt, she is already brainstorming any number of cruel and creative training regimen.

“Well, well, we can leave that for later. I’ll need to prepare as well, so let’s call it a night.” The succubus declares at last, clapping her hands together to signal the end of the dream. “It’s time to wake up. I’ll see you again tomorrow night.”

“Mn, okay. Then we can start the training tomorrow.” I agree and bow once more.

I guess that’s all for tonight’s dream, but ultimately, I got a lot done. It’s only the beginning, but I’m starting to see the path before me.

With soft, airy steps, the Magus floats forward and then pokes my forehead lightly. The moment she does so, I feel as if I’m exiting my body and sinking into water. This must be what it feels like to be pushed out of the sea of dreams.

As I go, the malevolent Magus gives me a final, fickle farewell.

“Bye bye~ Do your best to entertain me today as well~”

Year: 2018

“Auuuggghhhh…” I wake up with a groan.

Harsh rays of sunlight are beaming in from the window and terrorizing my eyelids. Besides that, though, the bedroom is silently peaceful. Judging from the position of the sun, it must be nearly noon already. I’ve ended up sleeping in way past what I expected.

Did no one come to wake me up today? Oh, right, the one who used to wake me up in the morning was Bianca. I guess she must’ve given up on it now, though.

Good.

I’ll have a heart attack eventually if I have to keep seeing her face first thing in the morning.

Anyways, I lazily get out of bed and prepare for a new day. I have training with Merlin tonight, but that doesn’t mean I can just do nothing until then. Now that I’ve been given a little hope, I can’t afford to hole up in my room all day either.

After I finish washing my face and waking up, I head out of my room, ready for a full day. On the way out, I pass through the top floor hallway towards the stairs and spot the door to Bianca’s room at the end of it.

It’s closed.

I ignore it and randomly visit the dining room where I find Tom.

“Ah, good morning, Lord Bengshan. I hope you had a good night’s sleep.” Tom politely greets me as I enter. It seems that he’s back in humble knight mode, instead of the more casual persona he had last night.

“Yo. Good morning.” I greet him back coarsely. “Umm, sorry for asking, but is there any breakfast or lunch around? I ended up oversleeping…”

“No need to apologize, Lord Bengshan. I’m the one who kept you up late last night, so it’s hardly your fault.” He tells me warmly. “I’ve saved some bread for you in the kitchen. If you wish for something more substantial, I can also whip something up immediately.”

“Oh, no, that’s fine. Bread’s cool. You don’t need to go through the trouble.” I tell him, waving off his kindness.

To be honest, his devout servitude kind of puts me off a little. I’m just not used to dealing with people who actually listen to what I say and do things that I want. It must be because I’m too used to dealing with a certain useless Assassin.

“Oh, by the way, just curious but what’s the tray on the table.” I ask after noticing a silver platter with a tea set on it sitting on the dining table.

“Oh, this is for Lady Bianca. I’m bringing some tea and snacks to her room.” Tom answers promptly.

Just the mention of Bianca’s name makes me flinch for a second, but I drive down the disgust.

“I see. So, she’s in her room, right now?” I reply coldly.

“That’s right. The truth is, she still hasn’t left it since yesterday.” Tom utters somberly.

Bianca’s shut herself in her room? She must be feeling really bad then if she won’t even come out to have her meals.

Good. Serves her right. I hope she stays in there for the rest of her life.

“Um, Lord Bengshan, I hate to impose on you, but if you wouldn’t mind, I think it would be good if you tried talking to her…” Tom approaches me with a voice dripping with concern.

“No.” I bluntly respond.

Tom sighs and shrugs as if he already knew how I would respond.

“I understand. Then, please help yourself to the kitchen. I’ll be bringing this to milady now.” He says, before carrying off the tray upstairs.

“… haah.” I sigh to myself, once he’s gone.

Alone in the dining room, I do as suggested and have my late breakfast by myself, ransacking the bread from the kitchen cabinet. It’s a pain, so I’ll just forget about that conversation and continue with my plan.

Unlike the past two days, today I have a clear objective. There’s something that I need to investigate.

My conversation with Merlin last night inadvertently gave me a little hint. Whether or not Merlin intended it, I now have a lead that may help me defeat Bianca. If this works out, I might be able to turn the tides even further in my favor.

So, with a hopeful spirit, I wolf down the bread for energy and immediately head out to get things rolling.

“Yo.”

Striding up to the docks by the lake with a casual swagger, I greet the ever-present nymph dangling her feet above the water.

“Oh, it’s just you, Camille. What do you want?” Scylla replies emotionlessly, looking over her shoulders to see me approach.

Right now, it’s midday and there doesn’t seem to be anyone around the lake. Bianca’s holed up in her room and Saber’s looking after her. I also confirmed that Rider and Caster were out in-town at the moment. So then, right now’s the best time to get my business done.

“I just felt like talking with you a bit. Do you mind?” I tell her, walking right up to the edge of the docks where she is.

“Not really. I don’t care much either way.” Scylla shrugs as apathetic as ever. “However, I don’t see why you would want to talk to me. I don’t have anything interesting to say.”

“Well, sometimes you just feel like it, ya know? Besides, I think talking to you isn’t so bad. You sat through the whole spiel with Saber, last night, so I get the feeling you’re a good listener.” I explain.

“Hmph. I wouldn’t call dowsing off while a couple of monkeys talk about their sob stories counts as being a good listener.” She remarks.

“Yeah, but you still stayed. And you chimed in when you had something to say.” I reply softly. “We ended up arguing a little yesterday, but I don’t mind that. If anything, I dislike it when people just accept what I say without question.”

“Hmph, sounds like a you problem.” She rudely spits back, before turning away. “Well, whatever. If you’re that enchanted by my beauty, then I won’t deprive you of the chance of basking in my presence.”

“Haha, is that so… Well, I don’t know about being enchanted, but I’d be happy to have you company.” I laugh awkwardly and find myself glancing away.

“What? You don’t think I’m beautiful?” She jabs conceitedly. “If so, I feel bad for your pitiful monkey brain. It can’t even recognize true beauty when it sees it.”

“N-no, that’s not it. You are really pretty. It’s just… I’m not the type of person who tries not to care about that sort of stuff too much, ya know?” I explain anxiously.

“Hmph. Your loss then.” She scoffs and returns to gazing out at the lake.

I wasn’t exactly lying to her, but it is true I have some difficulty looking at her head-on. I mean, when she’s always wearing that skimpy, practically see-through swimsuit 24/7, I don’t know where exactly I’m supposed to be looking.

Ah, no, that’s the point. I can’t get caught up to much in the pace of the conversation. I came here with a specific purpose, so I need to start steering things towards my goal.

Last night, during my dream meeting with Merlin, I ended up picking up on an important clue.

According to Merlin, Reading Rainbow only works on human minds. That’s why Merlin is immune since she’s a Succubus. But in that case, does that mean other Monsters would be immune too? That’s why I decided to approach Scylla, the infamous sea monster, today.

I glance at her with hopeful eyes and find myself having difficulty reading her eternally cool expression. Like always, her beauty is statuesque, removed of warm emotion.

Is she or is she not under Bianca’s control? I can’t tell.

When I tried probing her last time, I learnt that she did consider Bianca an ally due to the gratitude she felt for undoing her monster transformation. But was that gratitude instilled in her through Reading Rainbow or was it natural? Now that’s she’s been un-monster-fied, is she immune to Reading Rainbow or is she now susceptible to it?

There’s only one way to find out. But how should I approach it?

Choice!
    After promising to train with Merlin, you have woken up from your dream with newfound hope. Following up on a clue you received, you approach Scylla, wondering if she might also be immune to Reading Rainbow. How should you approach this situation?

1. Just straightforwardly tell her everything
    2. Try to indirectly probe if Scylla is being mind-controlled
    3. Ask Scylla about how monstrous she is in her current state
    4. Just spend the day getting to know her better
    5. Mind Break Scylla
    6. Write-In

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

​4.

Blog Entries
    ​4

Now Revamped!

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Year:

“So, uh… do you have any hobbies, Scylla?” I ask, after some consideration.

“Huh? Where’s this coming from all of the sudden?” The nymph replies, raising a brow at my sudden question.

“Sorry, I was just curious. I don’t mean anything by it.” I explain to her awkwardly. “Um, y’know, I always see you out here just sitting by the docks, so I was already if there was anything else you liked to do.”

“Hm. Well, whatever.” She shrugs at my explanation. “I don’t know though. I guess, if I had to pick something, I suppose I like swimming.”

“Oh, that makes sense.” I nod.

“Mn…” She nods as well.

“…”

“…”

Eh? Did the conversation just die?

An awkward silence quickly fills the lake. After only a few lines exchanged, there’s already nothing to say.

Shit. I forgot how bad at small talk I was. Everyone I’ve been talking to recently has been the chatty type, but now that I’m engaging another sullen introvert like me, the conversation’s gone cold!

“Um, uh, er, well…” I hastily mumble, trying to breath some life into this frigid atmosphere. “Oh, uh, is there anything else you like besides swimming?”

“I like all things that are beautiful. And I dislike all things that are ugly.” She states coldly.

“Ah, that’s right. I feel like you said that before.” I reflect curiously. “Something about how the world would be better if everyone was as beautiful as you, right?”

“That’s right. Ugly things are just unbearable. Their mere existence is offensive to my eyes.” She declares with a tinge of disgust in her voice. She must genuinely be repulsed at the mere thought of ugliness.

To be honest, that makes me feel a bit uneasy. The reverence for beauty she speaks of just feels so… superficial to me. It’s like she doesn’t even care what’s on the inside, only judging books by their cover. I don’t really like it.

“Um, is that really all you like though? I understand that beautiful things are good, but maybe there’s something else you appreciate…?” I ask her meekly.

“Haah? What else would there be? Beauty is everything.” Scylla scoffs at me as if I was saying something ridiculous.

Damn, so she really only cares about appearances, huh. I guess it’s in-line with her story, but I wasn’t really expecting her to be so vain.

Just as I’m lamenting that, though, Scylla suddenly sighs heavily and leans forward to gaze solemnly into the lake’s reflection. Her usually cerulean eyes, clear as the crystal lake, start to muddy as if polluted by some repulsive substance.

“Ahhhh… why are humans so ugly? They lie, they steal, they lust, they kill for the most pathetic of reasons. It’s almost laughably ridiculous how despicably repulsive humans can be.” She laments seriously.

Huh? I slowly perk up as I piece together the words leaving her mouth.

“And worst of all is the way they accept their own ugliness. ‘It’s okay for things to be messy as long as we live on’ they say. How absurd. I just don’t understand how you humans can live happily in such an ugly world. Well, I suppose no one can ever be as beautiful as me, but it’s still frustrating.” She dramatically monologues, half-haughtily, half-haggardly.

For a moment, I just sit there taking it all in with amazed eyes, before softly nodding.

“Huh… I kind of get what you’re saying.” I gasp, surprised at my own reaction.

“What?” She responds with a sharp glare.

“Ah, n-no, I wasn’t trying to speak out of place. It’s just that… I feel like I kind of get it.” I respond with a stutter, still trying to sort out my own thoughts. “Y’see, I’ve also had times where I feel like the world isn’t as… pristine as I wished it was. Like, I think things should be a certain way and I get kind of frustrated when it isn’t. That sort of thing.”

For example, I think that people who work hard to do something good should be rewarded. And that it’s possible for the weak to overcome the strong. And that everyone deserves the chance to be happy.

But the world doesn’t actually work like that. It’s dirty and messy and complicated and all we can do is compromise on our ideals in order to survive. That… makes me upset. And I think it makes Scylla upset as well.

“Oh? So, you do get it.” Scylla snorts. “And here I thought you were another blind monkey. I guess you do have an eye for beauty after all. My impression of you has increased slightly.”

“Ahahaha, I guess I’ll be thankful for your praise.” I laugh. “To be honest, my impression of you has increased a little as well.”

“How preposterous. My beauty should be apparent at first glance.” She hisses like a grumpy cat.

“Sorry, sorry. No, you’re right. You really are beautiful.” I sincerely smile.

“Hmph. As long as you understand.” She pouts.

I think I’m starting to understand what Scylla really means by beauty. And I think I’m starting Scylla a little better as well.

“Very well, then. You don’t seem to busy, so accompany for a bit. I’m interested in hearing the things you consider beautiful.” Scylla suddenly hums, looking at me with skittish eyes.

“Ehhh, I don’t know about that. It’s kind of embarrassing to talk about those things.” I reluctantly respond.

“Nonsense. How could beauty be embarrassing? If it’s something you’re ashamed of, it can’t possibly be beautiful.” She states firmly.

“Hm, I suppose you’re right. Then… well, one thing I like is…” I begin, scratching my cheek as I blush.

In the end, Scylla and I spend the rest of the day by the lake, just blabbering about all the things we find beautiful about people, things, and the world.

Wise-up! Fairyland Berserker's Status
    Affection Up!
    You understand Scylla better now.

“Welcome back. How was your day?”

When I open my eyes once more, I find myself facing a certain succubus lady in a barren field of dirt. No flowers or tea table can be seen; only the endless blue sky and the infinitely sprawling ground.

“Is there any point in asking me about my day? You were watching me with your clairvoyance, weren’t you?” I remark, while taking stock of my surroundings.

“I don’t know about that. Perhaps I did, perhaps I didn’t. It’s so hard to say.” Merlin responds with a sly smile.

Geez. It’s still a little disquieting to think that she may be spying on me at any moment, but there’s not much I can do about it except be conscious of what I say or do.

“So? Where are we? And did you figure out how you would train me?” I ask her seriously.

“Of course, I did. That’s why I’ve prepared everything appropriately.” She replies airily, spreading her arms wide to show off the barren field. “But if you’re that eager to start, I don’t see why we shouldn’t. We can begin with 1000 push-ups.”

“Huh? Push-ups?” I raise a brow. “I thought you said we can’t do physical training inside a dream.”

“Don’t worry about that. Just do as I say. It’s a warm-up for the real training.” Merlin answers cheerfully.

A warm-up? How are 1000 push-ups supposed to be a warm-up? Well, she’s the expert, so I guess I should just play along.

Without too much more fuss, I drop to the ground and start pumping push-ups as best as I can, exerting as much effort as I can to do as many as possible.

Eventually,

“Guah! That’s it. I can’t do anymore.” I groan as I collapse to the ground, my arms giving in on me.

My entire body is drenched in sweat from the endeavor and my poor arms are twitching from the pain. Yet at the same time, I feel a strange sense of accomplishment from working so hard and pushing myself so far. Is this the joy of personal improvement? I even set a new personal record this time. A part of me feels as if I’m on top of the whole world right now.

“Why do you look so proud when you only managed 11 push-ups?” Merlin remarks, unimpressed.

“Sh-shut up. 11’s a big number, okay? It’s double digits.” I childishly shout from the ground. “In fact, you should be praising me!”

“Oh dear. You’re even worse than I expected.” Merlin sighs as she looks at my collapsed form from above with pity. “Well, whatever. I figured you would disappoint me either way, so I’m prepared for it.”

“H-hmph. Well, then, mind telling me what the point of this exercise was?” I grumpily ask, beginning to get back up, before Merlin gently uses a hand to push me back down.

“Not yet. Keep going. I said 1000, didn’t I?” She instructs with a devilish smile. “I’ll heal you after each try, so see how many you can do in one go.”

“???”

I still don’t get what she’s plotting, but I go along with it anyways.

As she promised, Merlin heals me up, removing all of the pain and fatigue from my last try. With no reason to refuse, I get back on the ground and start another attempt…

“And that’s another 11. Let’s keep it going, shall we?” Merlin mercilessly suggests the moment I give in and collapse again. “C’mon, get up. We aren’t stopping until you get to 1000.”

“Haah… haah… w-wait a second. I don’t think I can even finish 1000 before I wake up.” I point out as I pathetically rest from the last set and await healing from Merlin.

“Oh, don’t worry about that. We’re in a dream, so time works differently here.” Merlin declares.

Huh, that… makes sense. I guess it is true that dreams feel like they just don’t abide by any sensible metric of time. Sometimes a 2-hour nap can feel like a whole mental adventure, and sometimes you see a short fantasy and it’s been 12 hours when you wake up.

“So that means we can stay in this dream forever?” I ask excitedly, propping myself off the ground.

“Well, not forever ever. There are some limits on how fast we can overclock your mind, before it starts having a negative effect on your body.” She informs me. “It should still give us plenty of time though to cram as much training as possible in just a few real days.”

“Oh. But still, that’s really convenient.” I comment appreciatingly.

To be honest, there was a part of me that wondered how much training we could actually get done in a small amount of time. And going through a 3 month training arc would be forgetting the actual purpose of training.

Luckily, it seems that it might be possible to even condense that 3-month training arc into 3 days. Praise be for Hyperbolic Time Chambers!

“Ughhh… just kill me now.”

“And that’s 1000! Good job hanging in there, lil’ Master.”

At long last, after what felt like hours, I complete my final set of push-ups and completely collapse onto the ground. Though my body feels no more pained than any other try thanks to the healing, the built-up mental fatigue of constant exertion left me feeling utterly exhausted.

“Haah… haah… haah… please… please don’t tell me I have to do 1000 sit-ups next.” I dreadfully beg to the cruel demon watching over me. If I have to do this again, I might just give up on training instead.

“Don’t worry. That’s the end of that.” Merlin assures me in a comforting voice. “In fact, I think you’ve earned yourself a short rest. Why don’t we break for tea?”

With a clap of her hands, the entire landscape changes. The barren field is stripped away like petals falling from a flower; in its place, the usual garden of flowers returns.

By the time I recover from the sudden change, Merlin is already back at the tea table with cup in hand. Not saying no to rest, I drag my body up and plop myself down at the other end of the table.

“Is there anything in particular you’d like to eat or drink?” Merlin asks gleefully.

“Nah, I’m fine. It’s not like I actually get hungry or thirsty here.” I respond sullenly.

Even after all that strain and sweat, my throat isn’t even partially parched. That’s one of the only things that remind me that this whole thing is a dream.

Still, some ice-cold water does sound refreshing…

“I guess a glass of water is fine. With ice too, please.” I request.

“Coming right up.” She bubbles, clapping her hands together and manifesting a glass of ice water on the table, before flashing me a bright smile. “That’ll be $1.99, thank you very much.”

“You’re charging me!?” I retort.

“Ara, I’m just kidding. Come now, that should’ve been an obvious joke.” She hums.

“Mnnn…” I mumble grumpily as I snatch the glass of water.

Oh? This is actually pretty good. Perhaps it’s because it’s a dream, but the water feels extra refreshing.

“By the way…” Merlin randomly speaks as I chug down my glass of water. “How many push-ups do you think you did at that final set?”

“Huh? What do you mean? It should be 11, right?” I confusingly answer.

I stopped personally counting the push-ups a 100 in, but it became painfully clear early on that my limit was just 11.

“Bzzzt. Wrong. The correct answer was 14.” Merlin cheekily reveals.

“HUH? Th-that can’t be right.” I stutter in disbelief. “You said that I can’t grow stronger inside the dream.”

“That’s correct. You have not gotten even a smidge stronger. And yet, it is still true that the number of push-ups you managed steadily increased over time. Why do you think that is?” Merlin quizzically teases.

“That’s…” I muse for a bit, seriously trying to figure out how that could be possible but find no answer. “I don’t know. Tell me, Merlin.”

“Ara, ara, it seems that my little student is at a loss. But the answer is quite simple. Even if your body does not improve, that does not mean you did not improve.” She states in a condescending tone. “Did you really think that the only purpose of training was to build muscle?”

“… explain.” I solemnly urge.

“You see, over the course of 1000 push-ups, your struggle to do as many push-ups as possible caused you to subconsciously find better ways to do so. You gradually improved your form and learned how to reduce energy waste. Even though your max strength and stamina never changed, you learnt how to use them much more efficiently. Thus, you were able to fit 3 more push-ups than you thought you could.” Merlin explains sagely.

“I see… so that’s what you meant earlier.” I remark, my eyes widening slightly as I realize what she’s getting at.

“Ara, you caught on quick. That’s right. This is how I’ll train you.” Merlin smirks. “Using the prolonged time inside your dream, we’ll be drilling you through countless challenges and scenarios in order to have you gain as much experience as possible, thus drawing out your maximum potential. That is how I’ll make you a Hero.”

I’m honestly surprised. What she’s saying does seem valid.

I remember hearing somewhere before that behavior repetition can cause neural pathways to be formed in the brain and that it takes about 10,000 repetitions to truly master a skill. So, if I experience 10,000 real, life-or-death battles, then naturally my battle skills will improve. With enough practice, I might even be able to refine my skills to the point that I can fight without any hesitation or excess movement.

It’s not the elegant, cheat-like method I wanted where Merlin would wave her wand and give me Servant-level power, but I suppose old-fashioned practice is truly the best way to improve yourself.

“Hmm… what kind of challenges and scenarios do you have in mind?” I ask, thinking about Merlin’s idea seriously.

“Don’t you worry about that. I spent a lot of effort designing the perfect dream simulation for you to go through.” Merlin declares confidently. “I guarantee that you’ll be like a whole new person once you complete it.”

“Really?” I perk up excitedly. “Then what are we waiting for? Let’s start.”

“Ara ara, you’ve sure changed your tune quickly.” Merlin beams. “Finally feel like playing along with me?”

“Ah. W-well… I just think we shouldn’t waste any time, that’s all.” I blush.

Quickly calming myself down, I stubbornly fold my arms and lean back into my chair, to Merlin’s amusement.

“Well, there’s no need to rush. We can start once you’ve fully rested up.” Merlin dictates serenely. “Once we start, I’ll have you begging for mercy so you should relax while you can and enjoy some tea.”

Though her voice is as peaceful as ever, I suddenly find myself gulping. Will this training really be that crazy? Just what on earth does this demon have in store for me?

In the end, she makes me accompany her for a bit longer, the two of us quietly sipping our beverages in tranquility until Merlin finally seems content with my recovery.

“All right, then. Shall we begin?” She hums at last, clapping her hands together cheerfully.

“Osu. I’m ready when you are!” I enthusiastically nod, hardening my own resolve.

All throughout our little tea break, I was wondering what Merlin probably has planned for me and mentally preparing myself. Now, it doesn’t matter whether she sends demons or armies at me; I won’t back down!

“Well then, let’s get started.”

With Merlin’s final curtain call, the world once again fades away like before. The entire scenery around me, even the ground beneath my feet, all turns into flower petals and floats away. And beneath their texture is a dark, empty void which I’m plunged into.

For a moment, there is nothing. My vision is filled with nothing but black, as if my eyes were completely closed. It’s almost enough to make me momentarily question whether or not I’m even still dreaming, but quickly enough, something emerges from the darkness. There, before me, it is—

Merlin Quest

Press Start

“… what?”

I’m left in utter disbelief as something closely resembling a giant menu screen covers my view.

“What the hell is this!?!?” I shout.

A large, overdesigned logo reading Merlin Quest is obnoxiously plastered in the center of the screen atop a colorful background. There’s even a “Start” and “Load” button on it as well as strangely nostalgic, adventure-like music.

“Ara, what’s the matter? This is the dream simulator I told you about.” Merlin casually remarks.

“Why is it a video game!? And why does it look exactly like a certain JRPG!?” I retort violently.

“Now, now, there’s a completely good reason for that. I thought that the best way to give you experience would be to have you go on your own adventure and encounter a series of different challenges and scenarios that way.” She explains happily. “Besides, you’re the one who said that you wanted to become Hero.”

“I didn’t mean that I wanted to play Dragon Quest, you idiot!” I scream. “Give me back my expectations, dammit!”

Ahh, I should’ve known better than to actually expect anything from this demon girl. There goes all my enthusiasm right out the window.

“Oh, speaking of which, which girl did you choose in DQ5? Bianca or Nera? If I had to guess, I get the feeling that you’re a Nera guy. Am I right?” Merlin playfully asks.

“Who the hell cares? Don’t try to change the subject.” I sharply rebuke.

“Ah, I get it. You’re a FF fan. I can respect that.” Merlin sagely nods. “So then, do you like Tifa or Aerith more?”

“Neither! I never even played any of those games, blockhead!” I yell.

Choice!
    Choose One:
    1. Bianca
    2. Nera
    3. Deborah

Pick One:
    1. Tifa
    2. Aerith
    3. Jessie
    “Eh!? Why is that even a real choice? What’s that supposed to effect?”

「Note: This choice will totally, legitimately, and drastically influence this Quest’s Route choice」

“No, it won’t! Don’t start spouting lies!”

Before I know it, I’m panting from shouting too much. I just finished taking a break seconds ago and I already feel exhausted.

Meanwhile, Merlin is standing by my side giggling.

“Ara ara, you sure seem worked up. Perhaps you need another tea break?” She laughs.

“Shut up. This is your fault and you know it.” I pout, glaring daggers at her. “Besides, how do you even know so much about video games? I thought this was a Lostbelt.”

“Naturally, this is all common knowledge for an internet idol of my caliber.” She answers with a wink. “Make sure to come check out my livestream every Monday and Thursday, okay? This week, we’ll be playing that new Monster Hunter game.”

“I hope you get demonetized…” I curse under my breath.

“Well now, there’s no need to get stuffy. Regardless of its form, it is true that I designed this simulation specifically to train you. Why don’t you try it out a bit before you knock it?” She suggests airily.

“Hmph… well, I guess I might as well.” I stubbornly shrug and accept her suggestion.

With heavy trepidation, I reach out my finger and press the start button on the screen. The moment I do, the world around me transforms once again and I’m pulled into a completely different World.

Soon, before my very eyes, I find myself in a stone room within some sort of giant castle on a dark, stormy night. Several people in medieval garb are running around, some of them even through me. And in the corner by the window is an old-looking fellow wearing a magnificent crown.

“Huh…?” I tilt my head at the sudden scenery playing out before me. “Oh, is this the opening cutscene? I see, so this is like the prologue to the game.”

I don’t know why a training simulator needs a story, but I guess that just goes with the JRPG theme. Considering people are literally walking through me, it seems like I can’t interact with the environment until the prologue ends. I suppose I’ll just watch along and see what happens.

The cutscene begins to unfold before my eyes like a fantastical daydream as I become quickly familiar with the setting and circumstances of the world through a series of dialogue scenes.

It was a time of chaos and war that began with the demise of an empire.

An empire believed to be indestructible was awaiting its destruction at the hands of invading barbarians. To prepare for the war against these barbarians, the empire deprived the island country of any military forces.

That was the beginning of the end. Once the country lost the empire's protection, it could not escape becoming independent and it broke into smaller countries in no time. Soon, the barbarian invasions and the self-destructive strife between clans created a period of war known as the “Dark Era”.

It was then, at the beginning of the Dark Era, that the Demon King appeared. Said to possess the power of the White Dragon, he terrorized the island country and heralded its destruction. But hope was not lost. The kingdom’s wizard prophesized the birth of a child who could defeat the Demon King. This child—

“Too Long!!!”

After finally getting fed up, I roar in rage, kicking the nearest wall out of sheer anger.

“Ara, what’s wrong? You’re missing the best scene.” Merlin remarks, surprised.

“Don’t give me that. Why is this cutscene so long? It’s already been 20 minutes and it’s still not done!” I point out angrily.

The past 20 minutes had been completely filled up with listening to monotone narration and watching people exposit information to me. I was already zoning out 10 minutes in.

“Now, now, exercise some patience. It’ll be done soon. There’s only 40 more minutes left.” Merlin assures me.

“40 more minutes of this? Why would you start your game with an hour long cutscene?” I ask her incredulously.

“Aww, but I worked super hard on it.” Merlin fake cries. “It’s all super important to the world-building.”

“Why would I need world-building? I’m here to train, not watch a movie.” I point out. “Also, what even is up with the story anyways? It’s clearly 100% based on King Arthur. Last time, you acted like you barely even remembered him, but you clearly haven’t gotten over him at all.”

“I-I don’t know what you’re talking about. Arthur who? I don’t know who that is.” Merlin whistles, not meeting my eyes. “By the way, complete tangent but how do you feel about blonde hair dye?”

This woman… she couldn’t possibly be planning to turn me into her next Arthur, could she?

“Please, just let me start the training. Before I run out of energy from yelling at you.” I sigh.

“Well, alright. Only because you asked so nicely.” Merlin agrees, clearly reluctantly.

Still pouting, she waves her staff and the cutscene melts away before my eyes.

Before I know it, I’m standing in the middle of a dirt road in what looks like a grassy countryside.

“Woah. Is this the start of the simulation?” I wonder as I take a good look around. “Where am I right now?”

“You would know that if you had paid attention to the prologue.” A sulking voice calls out to me.

“Merlin?” I quickly turn around to find a mild surprise.

It’s Merlin all right, but for some reason, she’s wearing a flowing bright blue robe different from her usual clothes, and her beautiful staff was changed to a more standard-looking wooden one.

“Did you change outfits?” I ask, unsure why she would go out of her way to do so.

“Look at yourself first before asking.” She retorts, pointing at my own body.

Indeed, when I look down, I realize that I’m also wearing different clothes. I seem to be in some sort of tunic and there’s a short sword strapped to my belt.

I see, this must be part of the roleplaying experience. I don’t really get why it’s necessary, but I suppose I’m glad to have some gear more suitable for combat.

“So… what are we doing now? Where are the things I need to fight?” I wonder out loud, looking around once more.

“Haah, you really have no appreciation for good storytelling, do you?” Merlin sighs. “Right now, you’re supposed to be fetching a lance for your stepbrother so he can participate in the jousting tournament.”

Uwaah, this woman really has no shame about copying Arthurian Mythos. Wait, does it count as copying if she was there when it actually happened? … whatever.

“So, what are you supposed to be, then? A passing-by cosplayer?” I taunt, gesturing towards her new outfit.

“Obviously, I’m your sexy and lovely wizard onee-san.” She answers cheerfully. “I’m here to aid you in your journey. I won’t help you fight, but I’ll provide some directions when you need it.”

“So basically, you’re just a walking peanut gallery. Great. Guess I should start treating you as emergency food.” I remark, refusing to engage with her cutesy idol act.

“Ara, you mean that I’m so cute that you just want to gobble me up. Gosh, you flirt.” She shrieks.

Ignore her, ignore her, ignore her…

Leaving behind the annoying wizard girl, I follow down the dirt road that will presumably lead me to where I can fetch the jousting lance from.

Not long after, something suddenly emerges from the tall grass and blocks my path. It’s an enemy that even I’m familiar with: a slime.

“Finally, something to fight.” I eagerly remark as I unsheathe my sword, eyeing the blue gelatinous blob in front of me.

I’m not too familiar with games, but slimes are basically the level 1 cannon fodder, right? I guess that makes sense for the first fight. I guess it’s what you would call the tutorial battle?

In that case, I suppose it won’t be too dangerous. I’ll take this opportunity to get used to the combat and see what it’s like.

The very moment I think that and ready my sword, the slime suddenly disappears from my line of sight.

“Huh?”

A second later, something rams into my chest with the force of a heavy boulder and I’m flung onto the ground from the sheer force of the impact.

“Guttaaahhh! Wh-what just…?” I painfully gasp for air after hitting the ground, still confused about what’s happening.

Before I can even get my bearings, something lands on my head and envelops my entire face. It takes me too long before I realize that it’s the slime and it begins to cover my entire head in its body.

Shit! I can’t… breathe... It’s suffocating me.

I feel as if I’m underwater, but the sensation of the slime hugging my face is disgusting. I immediately try to get it off, but it’s no use. When I claw at it, my hands just run through the slime like it’s liquid. When I try to take a breath, the slime begins to enter my mouth and force its way into my body. That feeling is simply indescribably horrid.

My lungs begin to burn. My insides feel gross as I feel the slime invade every part of my organs. My body desperately flails about but to no avail.

There’s nothing I can do. I can’t escape. I can’t breathe. I can’t fight back.

This is… is this… the end…?

GAME OVER

“What the hell was that!?!?”

I shout at the top of my lungs the moment I revive.

Somehow or another, I’m suddenly back at the starting location where I first appeared in this dream simulation.

“What do you mean? That was a Game Over. Have you really never played a video game before?” Merlin nonchalantly replies, showing no concern for the person who literally just died a moment ago.

“That’s not what I meant. Why the hell I just die to a slime?” I retort angrily.

“Well, that’s because you’re a scrub, isn’t it?” Merlin comments. “I didn’t expect you to lose to the first enemy in the game, either. Honestly, you continue to just disappoint me.”

“No, no, no, no matter what you say, isn’t it ridiculous for the tutorial fight to be that brutal?” I point out.

“What? Did you think that just because it’s a slime that it would be a walk in the park? Don’t be silly. No monster is that easy to defeat. This is a reality.” She scolds me.

“I don’t want to hear that from the person who made it video-game like.” I retort. “You’re the one who gave me false expectations by making me think in terms of RPGs.”

“Hmm, in that case, how about…”

Merlin Souls
    ~Prepare to Cry Edition~

“Don’t just change the title of the game! That doesn’t solve anything.” I yell.

“Well then, I don’t know what to say to you. You’re the one at fault here for being so pathetic.” She shrugs and rebukes. “Your guard was down and you weren’t concentrating, which is why you failed to even see the enemy’s first attack. Then, when you were caught, all you did was flail around wildly, wasting precious energy and oxygen, instead of calmly trying to think of a way to get out of your predicament. Of course you would die after that.”

“Ugh. W-well, when you put it like that…” I meekly respond.

“Let me tell you this now. Every single enemy in this game is beatable with your current abilities. But not a single one can be defeated by just charging in and randomly swinging your sword.” Merlin advises me in a cold, contemptuous tone. “In order to defeat them, you need to use every arsenal and advantage you have. Take everything seriously. Never let your guard down. Think on the fly. Stay calm but harness your emotions. Minimize your mistakes and capitalize on your enemy’s. That’s what it means to be in a real battle. Putting everything you have into each and every battle. Because, in real life, you don’t get to revive after a Game Over.”

“…”

I can’t say anything in response. She’s right. She’s so right that I can’t even argue.

As a Crypter, I’ve already been through a few life-or-death battles, but in each and every one, I was almost entirely dead weight. Against Saber and Lancer, I let my emotions get the better of me and got taken hostage. Against Berserker, I couldn’t do anything and just held Alisha back with my stubborn pride. Against Demonic Assassin, I hastily made the wrong call and caused Saber to fall into the enemy trap. Each time, my foolishness only served to worsen the situation and I needed to rely on others to bail me out. In reality, I’ve been nothing but extremely lucky with my fights so far. And now, I don’t have anyone to bail me out in my fight against Bianca.

How shameful. How am I supposed to call myself a Master and command a Servant if I can’t even take care of myself? It’s so shameful I want to die.

But I can’t. I can’t die now. I can’t, so what can I do? The answer is obvious.

“… fine. That’s fine by me.” I mutter to myself as I pull myself off the ground.

“Oh?” Merlin raises a brow as she watches me. “Ara, that’s a nice look on your face. How very manly. It seems you’re finally getting serious.”

“I just have to do it, right? You said that if I complete this game, I’ll practically be a new person, right?” I ask her seriously.

“Yes, I guarantee it. If you actually manage to reach the end, I’ll even personally recognize you as a Hero.” Merlin nods with a beaming smile.

“All right then. I guess I’ll play along with your game.” I say, my heart pounding with resolve.

I honestly wasn’t sure what I was getting myself into when I first asked Merlin to train me, but I have no complaints left now. I know what I have to do and what I have to work on. So, all that’s left is to just do it.

I take a deep breath and reconfirm the placement of my sword, before running off and shouting at the top of my lungs.

“Let’s do this!!!”

“Ugghh… am I back?”

In the morning, I lazily wake up from my dream, feeling more tired than usual. I drowsily rub my eyes and try to shake off the pounding desire to go back to sleep.

To be honest, it actually feels a little weird to be back in the mansion, even though it hasn’t even been half a day since I went to bed. Everything that happened in the dream simultaneously feels like a blur, yet I can still vividly remember every moment when I concentrate.

In the end, I managed to barely get through the first 2 dungeons of Merlin Quest before we ran out of time and I was forced to wake up. After getting that far, I can confirm with absolute certainty that it really was a sadistic game with no sense of balance or mercy. By the end of the first dungeon alone, I had already died over 100 times. The worst part was the Giant Kraken fight, which was responsible for more than two dozen of my deaths before I managed to beat it; tentacles are just OP, man.

“… ugh, I need to get up. I can’t stay in bed forever.” I absent-mindedly scold myself after realizing that I’d been blankly staring at the ceiling, thinking about my dream for over 10 minutes.

I don’t have any time to waste, especially not in the real world. I need to get going and use my time as effectively as I can.

It’s already my fifth day in Fairyland. I’ve been gone from Yao for five days and who knows how much longer I’ll be stuck here. Every single day I spend here is a day I lose back home where all sorts of things are waiting for me. I don’t even want to shudder what sort of chaos my absence has left.

So, I can’t be taking it easy. I need to continue making whatever preparations I can to escape.

So then, what will I do today?

Choice
    It is your fifth day in Fairyland. The clock continues to tick as your absence from Yao grows ever heavier.
    What will you do today?

1. Confront and recruit Scylla
    2. Hang out with Saber
    3. Hang out with Rider
    4. Talk to Caster
    5. Hang out with Scylla
    6. Submit to Bianca
    7. Write-In

Blog Entries
    Curious to see more about the lil' lass.

Also:

Choose One:
    1. Bianca

Pick One:
    1. Tifa

:V
    Last edited by SleepMode; June 7th, 2021 at 05:07 PM.

Now Revamped!