Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1217202122

Thread: [Quest] Lostbelt Raising Project

I’m sorry Ben, but you need to get a sledgehammer to your dome so you can actually realize that Bianca is giving huge glaringly obvious hints that she likes you, and that means we are choosing 1.

リビングデッド Living Dead
    1)

死者 The Dead
    6 - get a souvenir for my wife and Alisha, emphasize that this is the goal to Bianca.
    If we have started the route of self-destruction, let's do it in a crazy and showy way.

Though I would like to vote 1 I just can't see a way where it doesn't end poorly so I'm choosing 2.

リビングデッド Living Dead
    2. Would prefer 4, but eh.

Blog Entries

Year: 2018

“Um, maybe we could just… hang out, today.”

With a little trepidation, I give Bianca my suggestion for today’s itinerary.

Today, I came here for Bianca’s sake, so I should spend the day for Bianca. At least, that’s what I’m thinking. Though I did hope for some inspiration or something, I should prioritize my main objective here and just make some memories with her, as she would want me to. I think that’s only fair.

“Hmm? You don’t have anything you want to do?” Bianca asks, a little surprised.

“No, that’s not it. I’m saying that I want to spend time with your more than anything else.” I quickly correct her.

“Oh.”

Bianca’s eyes widen and she brings her hand up to her puckered mouth for a moment. Then, all of a sudden, she bursts into a light chuckle.

“Geez, Ben. When did you become such a smooth talker? Hehe~” She giggles, apparently amused.

“Huh? How so?” I wonder, not understanding her reaction.

I don’t get an answer, though, as Bianca pulls herself together and smoothly brushes some strands of hair that had fallen loose from her bangs back.

“Well, in that case, what shall we do? How shall we hang out, as you say?” Bianca asks, still quite bemused.

“Uhhh… how about some art? I kind of want to see you paint something live, if that’s okay.” I propose, defaulting to the most obvious answer.

“Hehe, all right, that sounds good to me.” Bianca readily agrees. “Oh, I know. How about you model for me? I’ll paint you a portrait you can take home!”

“Oh, that’s… fine by me.” I accept after some thought.

Though I’m not really enthusiastic about being drawn, it seems like Bianca would like it, so I’ll go along with her. How hard can posing for a portrait be anyways?

With our plans decided upon, the two of us have a quick lunch and then begin our little arts & crafts session, moving to a suitable place in the house. Bianca brings out a easel, canvas, and all her other materials from her workshop, and we’re both settled in soon enough.

“So, I have to stay still, right?” I ask her as I plop down on the stool opposite the easel.

“Hehe, there’s no need to be so stiff. You can move about as you please.” Bianca tells me from behind the canvas. “To be honest, I could probably draw you from memory.”

“Oh? Your memory’s that good, huh. Is it photographic?” I contemplate.

“Hmm, I wonder why~” Bianca hums, suggestively.

Time marches on and the shadows begin to move with the Sun. Bianca begins her process, taking a pencil to the canvas and seemingly starting with a sketch. To be honest, I half-expected her to do some crazy super art technique where she just starts painting with her eyes closed while doing a handstand or something, but I guess her methods are pretty orthodox. In the end, the standard way is the best, huh.

Though I’m personally not against being still and quiet for a long time, it is a little dull to not do anything with Bianca right in front of me, so I decide to chat with her a little.

“Umm… if it’s okay with you, there’s something I’m curious about, Bianca. What is art to you?” I ask her out of the blue.

“Hm? That’s an odd question. I’m not sure how to respond.” She replies without stopping her busy hands.

“Sorry, I guess that’s a weird way to put it. Umm, what I meant was, why do you like art? You seem pretty passionate about it, beyond just a magus and their craft, so I was curious how you felt about it.” I rephrase.

“Ah, in that case… I guess I think of my art as… power.” She answers after some silent contemplation.

“Power?” I raise a brow, rather surprised.

“Yup. To me, one of the greatest things about art is its ability to elicit emotions and thoughts. When you see something that’s truly amazing, it really touches you and you can’t help but feel certain ways or think certain things, right? That kind of evocative art that creates a strong response in people… that’s what I like the most. Seeing others respond the way I want them to really makes me smile.” She says casually, her melodic voice ringing with sincerity.

“Huh.”

I see. I actually think I get it.

It’s just like how they say the greatest honor for a creator is for your work to move someone so much that it changes their life. Whether they cry or laugh, whether it causes them to reevaluate themselves or gives them the confidence to continue fighting, their response is proof of your efforts and skill. Having that kind of powerful effect on others must be some sort of profound ecstasy for some creators.

In the end, it’s a rather simple and common motivation.

“What about you, Ben? Do you have some power that you’re proud of?” Bianca smoothly returns.

“M-me? That’s…” I pause for the briefest moment as a certain thought crosses my mind, but I shake it off immediately. “N-no, not really. Unfortunately, I’m incompetent, so there’s nothing I’m really good at.”

“Is that so? Well I think, if you work hard, you’ll find something. Everyone has some sort of natural talent.” She encourages me, naturally.

“Y-yeah… I’ll do my best…” I meekly nod.

A power I’m proud of, huh? Of course, I don’t have anything like that. How the hell could I possible be proud of this power of mine…?

“By the way, Ben. You’re being really talkative today.” Bianca suddenly mentions.

“Huh? Really? This is talkative?” I cock a brow in doubt. I’m pretty sure I’ve been doing nothing but grunting and nodding for the past few hours.

“Hehe, for you, it is. Do you remember when we first met?” She giggles.

“Uh… nope, not really. I can’t remember anything memorable happening.” I reply.

“Exactly. When I found out we were teammates, I went to go greet you, but you just shrugged once, kind of scowled a bit, and then walked away. It was so rude that it left a big impression on me.” She laughs.

“O-oh. That… does sound accurate. S-sorry about that…” I bow my head in shame.

I reflected on it back during the thing with Alisha, but I really was unjustly bitter towards the other Masters back in the day. I can’t deny I was being a bit of an asshole.

“Well, more than anything, I’m glad that you seem to be opening up more now. I think it’s a good thing.” Bianca remarks warmly. “Did something happen?”

“Mnn… I don’t know if it’s something happening but… I guess you could say that I’ve met people who made me want to open up more.” I admit, scratching my head bashfully.

“Oho? Do tell, do tell~” Bianca hums, full of curiosity.

“I dunno what to say. It’s just… I think I’m starting to see the world differently thanks to some encounters. I’ve been… thinking a lot about certain things and they’ve made me want to certain other things differently. Sorry, I can’t really explain it.” I mumble.

“It’s fine. What’s important is that you feel like it’s a good thing, right? Then, I’m glad to hear it~” She hums happily.

With that sort of slightly awkward but slightly upbeat mood, the two of us continue just chatting the day away. For the most part, we end up just talking about me, but Bianca was either decently interested or was really good at faking it.

How should I put it? After having a lengthy conversation with her for perhaps the first time, I came to realize she’s really easy to talk to. It’s a bit different from Yingying who’s a really great listener and makes you feel like you can really tell her anything seriously. Bianca’s the type who really leads the conversation at her own pace and drags words out of you. You just start talking and enter a good mood, before you know it. They’re both different types of good conversationalists.

I’ve always sort of shrugged off Bianca’s friendliness in the past due to my own attitude, but I think I can find myself really enjoying chatting with her now.

Wise-up! Bianca's Status
    Affection Up!
    You feel comfortable chatting with Bianca casually.

Before I know it, the two of us have talked our heads off and the sun has dropped considerably in the sky. Then, all of a sudden, Bianca’s hand finally stops, and she gets up.

“There. I’m done!” She cheers at last, throwing her arms into the air.

“Oh, that was pretty fast. It didn’t take you that long at all.” I remark as I also get up, stretching out my stiff joints.

I guess that’s a top-class artist for you.

“Here, Ben. Take a long and tell me what you think.”

With a grin, Bianca turns the painting to me so that I can get a good luck.

As she said, it is indeed a portrait of me from the chest up. Instead of my current clothes, I’m wearing my trademark tracksuit for some reason, but it’s undeniably me. It’s really detailed without being photo-realistic, instead being a little stylized to the point that I think that I look a bit too handsome. I know it’s for the sake of being aesthetically pleasing, but did Bianca really need to make me this good-looking? Well, I won’t really complain about that.

Instead, my eyes inevitably focus on the portrait’s expression. For some reason, the man on the canvas is smiling without a care in the world.

I hate it.

Year: 2018

“Ahhhh, the breeze feels so good~”

Sunset. After dinner, Bianca and I sit at the lake’s dock, dangling our feet over the edging and skimming the cool water with our soles.

We ended up spending the rest of the day just chatting like we did earlier while doing some idle recreation at the same time. Walking through the forest, skipping stones across the lake, staring at the clouds, lounging in the living room… before we know it, the sun was already touching the horizon.

Dinner was also a simple affair. I kind of expected that we’d be eating with the Servants I met today, but it was just Bianca and I with Saber dropping in to bring us our food. The meal itself was extravagant but it felt a little quiet in the large dining room. Compared to the cramped but jam-packed dining table back at my place, it was rather… empty. Still, I guess it meant I could focus more on Bianca and our conversation was certainly pleasant.

Now, we were just resting, letting the full course meal take its time to digest.

“… okay. I should probably get going.” I remark after a bout of peaceful silence.

“Hm? Already?” Bianca responded, clearly disappointed.

“Yeah… the sun’s basically done. I said I’d be back by night, so I should go.” I explain coolly.

“That’s too bad. It feels like you just came.” Bianca comments with a frown.

“Well, I guess time flies by when you’re having fun… or so they say.” I affirm, a little upset that I can’t stay longer either.

Even I can’t deny that our conversation was rather pleasant. This world is definitely refreshing a change of pace. It’d be nice if we could continue it just a bit longer, but then we’d be here all night long.

Just as I’m thinking that, Bianca suddenly claps her hands together, as if she had an epiphany.

“Oh, I know! Why don’t you just stay here for the night?” She proposes jubilantly.

“Huh? That’s…”

“It won’t be too much trouble, right? I know you’re busy, but it’s only one night. You can leave first thing tomorrow morning, so there’s practically nothing lost.” She adds, really giving it her all to sell the idea.

“Mnn…” I clench my teeth as I think hard.

She has a point. I probably wouldn’t get much work done if I go back now, anyways. And the prospect of spending a little more time in this world is attractive, not only because I’ll actually be able to sleep in a bed for once.

“… okay, fine. You win. I’ll stay the night, if it’s not a bother.” I agree without too much resistance.

“Yay~ Tonight’s gonna be so much fun!” Bianca cheers, somewhat childishly.

“Oh, but I should still tell them I’ll be staying, else they’ll worry.” I realize.

Since I told Yingying I’d be back tonight, it’d obviously make a fuss if I don’t come home. I can already imagine Yingying staying up all night, wondering where I am.

“You should be able to call Alisha with your communicator, right?” Bianca brings up.

“Oh, good point. Guess I’ll do that.” I nod.

Still seated on the docks, I pull out the communicator from my pocket and call Alisha. I’ve used it before, but this special device is able to communicate between Lostbelts, making it an invaluable item for us Crypters.

After a few rings, the magical call is picked up and a hologram with Alisha’s face pops up.

“Yo, Ben. You almost home?” She greets casually. From the hologram, I can tell she’s in her lounge wear, so she’s probably also relaxing after dinner, maybe even after a bath.

“H-hey. How’s it going?” I return the greeting with a little awkward wave.

Shit, how should I explain it? Sorry, I’m not coming back tonight because I want to hang out with Bianca more? Work hard while I’m here playing in paradise! I get the feeling if I say it so bluntly, Alisha will be mad.

Just as I’m fretting over such things, I feel a finger poke me on the shoulder.

“Here, Ben. Pass me the communicator.” Bianca says.

“Huh? Oh, okay.” I just nod and leave it to her.

Taking the communicator from my hands and bringing it up to her own face, Bianca smiles into the camera.

“Good evening, Alisha. Hello, ‘mellow~” She greets sweetly.

“Ah. Hi, Bianca. Hello, ‘mellow.” Alisha returns back, a little bit awkwardly. Yup, that kind of sweet, girly greeting doesn’t suit her at all.

“So, basically, Ben’s gonna be staying here for the night. Can you tell that to the others?” Bianca states without any pussy footing about. Naturally, Alisha’s surprised.

“Huh? W-wait, why’s he not coming back?” Alisha cocks her head in wonder.

“Sorry about that~ It seems that my Saber’s still tired from bringing him here. I don’t wanna push him, so I thought it’d be better to send Ben back after Saber gets a night of rest. Will that be okay?” Bianca answers smoothly, shooting me a knowing wink as she does so.

Oh man, how clever. Certainly, that is a convenient excuse. I never knew Bianca could be so sly.

“Well, if that’s the case, I guess it can’t be helped. Then, have fun you two. Tell that idiot not to get carried away.” Alisha agrees. She’s being surprisingly reasonable for once.

“Okay, then. See you soon, bye bye~” Bianca waves farewell.

“Bye.”

With everything settled, Bianca hangs up and puts the communicator away.

“All right then, looks like we have the rest of the night together. What should we talk about?” Bianca cheers.

That’s a good question. Now that I’ve bought some time to settle in and spend the night with Bianca, we can really talk about anything.

Now that we feel a little closer, perhaps we can even talk about something more personal.

The sun has set, and the moon begins to rise, its enchanting form reflected in the clear waters. Beside me is a girl for whom beauty is only natural, gazing at me as if touching my heart.

It is a scene out of a fairy tale.

So then, what magical secret shall I uncover tonight?

Choice!
    After a whole day spent in Fairyland, you end up deciding to spend the night here anyways. Now, with the time you’ve bought yourself, you can talk to Bianca to your heart’s content. What topic shall you discuss?

1. Ask her why she became a Master.
    2. Ask her why she became a Crypter.
    3. Ask her about her supposed crush on you.
    4. Ask her if there's anything she wants to talk about.
    5. Write-In

死者 The Dead
    3. Ask her about her supposed crush on you.

I sorry shonen, but in my eyes, it's the only possible option

リビングデッド Living Dead
    1. Given Ben's reasons, and her previous position, this is actually interesting.

3. It’s been a constant question for Ben, something he’s been wondering since the start of the Lostbelt. He doesn’t know why Bianca is so interested in him, this is the perfect time to ask such a question. As much as learning about the Fairyland Lostbelt is, and as much as it’s possible that the Fairyland Lostbelt could be lost, in the end Ben just came to the Lostbelt for Bianca’s sake. If we wanted to know more about the Fairyland Lostbelt, we would of had a better chance of that if we chose that as the focus at the start of this story
    Last edited by Alax1991; January 19th, 2021 at 11:59 AM.

JP Friend Code

hm, yeah, I'd like to learn more about her.

3. Ask about the crush!!!

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Obvious Otome flag is delightful~

リビングデッド Living Dead
    3. Just to see ben's reaction

3. ​I know what I'm here for. @[email protected]

Blog Entries