Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 712151617

Thread: Fate/Closure [IC Thread]

Aya Alayana
    Einzbern Forest
    Morning Phase

"Hmph... Of course, I, too, am used to the exclusive production of solo works. A famous idol such as myself has no need to share the stage with anyone else, be them a dazzling princess or an overbearing dictator. No matter what, It would ultimately end with me stealing the spotlight."

With the giant menace gone, Elizabeth's pride slowly but surely begins to pick itself up. It appears that she has been summoned to a troublesome place filled with outstanding rivals, but she's not just another pretty face. She's tough! She's determined! She's intelligent! Whoever tries to claim those defining traits as their own will be sent straight back home, where all those character with overlapping personality quirks belong!

"Although, if we're in this together, I guess signing up for a Collab is the least I could do for a rookie like yourself. What is that? A crossover with Grand Idol Class Servant, Elizabeth? Yeah, there has to be no faster method to bump up your album sales."

Now, it might sound like the little demoness is belittling you and, in a way, she might be, but you see, this is also her way of showing kindness. After all, in spite of your 'punk big sister' image that would surely light a spark in the hearts of rebel teenagers, you are way past the ideal age for this sort of business and she could have said that to your face. Instead, she's willing to do charity work just to get you off the ground. That's like, the nicest thing one can probably expect from a real monster like herself.

"Well, if you are going to be my duo, you should know that there is no place for failure. Cold idol... Tragic Idol... It makes no difference. If you can't stand the stress when it really matters then you are better off calling it quits. If you make me look bad, I'll push you off the stage without mercy, you hear?"

The march continues as the conversation carries on. It's hard to grasp how much progress has been made since the two of you have met each other as both of you seem to communicate in slightly different languages. And though Elizabeth might take a step back at the sight of danger, she can be surprisingly stubborn every other time. Strong in her very own way, it would seem like having the final word is a key part of her egocentric nature.

"As for me, do not worry. I have faced greater trials in the past." Even without turning around, you can gauge just how just haughty her attitude can be. For someone that appears to be no older than fourteen, it can be either commendable or very out of place. "Just make sure to match my tempo and I'll carry you all the way to the top. Well, as close to the peak someone like you can get, anyways."

A brief pause.

The gap between you grows larger, as she stops advancing.

She needs a moment to word her thoughts so there is no misunderstanding of any sort. It's true that she is in a pickle, without a proper Master to aid her yet, but she, like you is an independent figure. She'll no doubt continue even if you decide to throw the towel. That is the sort of individual she has chosen to become.

"... A contract." She mutters then. "If we're going to team up, it's got to be official. If it's a contract... Then I'll agree to follow the rules, for a while, at least."

Aya Alayana cannot forge a contract with a Servant.

In the first place, not even those called Magicians should be able to achieve such thing on their own. In a Holy Grail War, it's only through the Holy Grail that said bond can be forged. Because Aya Alayana has not been chosen as the bearer of the mark that defines a Master, then no such connection can be realized.

However, if it is just a verbal contract, then it's possible. Naturally, it won't submit Elizabeth to your bidding or anything, but in the supernatural world, words can be powerful tools. If you both mean it and voice it out loud then, for the time being, you can act like an official pair of sorts. At least until this whole matter is resolved.

"You want to go up, right~?"

Dragon wings flutter and spread wide.
    Last edited by hero; January 16th, 2022 at 03:21 PM.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Aya Alayana
    Einzbern Forest
    Morning Phase

"Naturally."

An answer that comes forth without hesitation, from a woman who continues to show those small signs of an amused -and almost gentle- smile; perhaps because the other half of the conversation is doing their best to take things seriously as well?

"If I do something, I always have every intention of coming out on top."

It's true.

If you're going to put effort into a task, then go at it with every intention of absolute victory. Of course, this analogy was one that was a bit wasted on the young woman; while she could probably pull off a punk rocker look if she really put her heart into things, the number of responsibilities she had now made any sort of musical career a distant dream...

But she could understand what the dragon girl meant by it.

"So very well, if you will agree to the contract, I will accept one written in words."

She moves back towards the girl, then after a moment of thought, extends a hand to her in a remarkably gentle way...

"And sealed with a handshake."

---It's certainly strange.

Showing a somewhat bizarre level of concern for people she perceived to be younger than herself, an oddity that she will never point out or draw attention to in anyway, but one that continues to persist in spite of her naturally grumpy nature.

"I'll even handle the pyrotechnics on this... Hypothetical stage of ours."

A chuckle.

"My voice is somewhat rough, so I'll have to make up for it by being unbelievably flashy."

---The scariest part of all this, perhaps, is that...

This woman is actually capable of joking around...
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hiyako Tsurara
    Dark World – Stray Cats HQ
    Unknown Phase

What a bunch of fools.

That’s Tsurara’s conclusion after listening to them.

Well, that old man is smart enough. He noticed the biggest weakness of that part of the plan immediately, which she had expected. But their answer to the situation showed very much a generalized lack of spine that she found irritating.

They lacked decisiveness. No, they weren’t willing to risk their own power. They’d rather abandon any chance of survival to prolong their suffering rather than trying to go for a do-or-die pounce that had their only chances for survival, short or long term.

Damn it. They’re not biting. No, in the first place they must know that the power dynamics involved aren’t something they can alter. They want their power bases as intact as possible, because they must know that if the Dwellers go down, they can’t stop the Stray Cats from taking over as the dominant power. But the better their condition after the dust settles, the better they’ll be able to negotiate with them.

Though they don’t quite seem to understand that there’s no way the Stray Cats can be another Dwellers. They don’t have the numbers and actual power of it. Sure, the standards of training have gone up since she took over, but they’re far from nearing the standards of the Dwellers.

Tsurara was aware enough of the unspoken background to these talks, as did the others. But she expected them to be smart enough to know where their only chances were at. No matter what they try to do, it’d carry a risk of losing. But if they chose to do nothing, or moved conservatively, they’d just get slowly worn down and exterminated by the Dwellers over time.

Well, she’d expected this first proposal of hers to fail anyway. She had gone ahead with this plan because it was the one that in her esteem had the better chances, but the flaws were many, and evidently it was simply not convincing enough, neither did they didn’t seem to want to think of a way to get around the plan’s weaknesses either.

She had some more alternatives, which were just riskier but perhaps better sounding to these guys. At least much better than the incredibly idiotic proposals. And Tachibana did have something in mind too. She really wished her second-in-command had told her before the meeting, whatever it was.

Tsurara was about to shine the spotlight on her, whether she wanted it or not (and mostly to get the others to shut up), when the meeting was brutally interrupted.

For a moment, even she herself had no idea of how to react to the news. A whole city had just… fallen out of the sky? What the hell?

But then, almost instantly, once the shock had passed by, her eyes narrowed.

“Let’s go see.” The half-demon said, grabbing her sword and walking towards the door, only to stop all of a sudden.

“Tachibana. Set up observation teams around the new city, quickly. Tell them to not engage unless they’re lone scouts or enemies they know they can take. I just want to know instantly if anyone else other than us or our friends here gets inside.” She ordered sternly. Then, she turned towards the rest of her audience.

“I think we can have an alliance for exploring and occupying this new city, right?” She said, addressing both those here and those at the phone.

This might be the only chance they’ll get. This city might end up being the miracle they sought so desperately. Perhaps they’d find the resources to shore up the weaknesses of her plan.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Yamashita Hiro
    Fuyuki's Underground Sewers- ???'s Secret Laboratory
    Morning Phase

"I was just trying to sneak a peek, that is all! I know for a fact that grown-ups do it all the time, so how about you point those accusing fingers your way instead?! Lovey-dovey things like undressing and holding hands... Between ladies... And with a married woman involved*... Perverts! Deviants! I've got it all recorded and I am going to show it to the whole world!"

*Read Fate/Closure's post #262: He was listening from all the way back then?!

A cornered rat, a wounded animal... They tend to be more dangerous than the norm. Fighting for their last breath, they can move and attack without any hindrances, turning the tables on the unsuspecting predator. The orange robot here gives the phrase a whole new meaning, as not only he manages to recover from the barrage of seemingly endless projectiles, he also fires his own counter-attack. Exposing just how much 'research' he has been able to gather through the past hour or so, his mere existence now represents a threat that trascends its junky artificial body. Against Luna, at the very least, this childish yet effective response comes across as a finisher, an instant-kill of sorts. Indeed, if Yamashita Hiro is to be a bright red tomato, then the blue haired doctor can be no less than a raging volcano. By the time you turn your attention back to her, if you do, it is already too late. She's a downed soldier. After all, she, in spite of her memory loss, is very much aware of the number of platforms one can use to upload this sort of material world-wide.

"What are you going to do with that, huh?!" Seemingly feeling reinvigorated after 'knocking out' a single foe, the construct's ego skyrockets and openly challenges the next opponent in line. Mocking your weapon of choice, he openly brags about his own arsenal. "I've got guns, rockets and even a chainsaw! If I truly wanted, you girls would be goners by now! Better drop that F-rank weapon and surrender, ha ha!"

"..."

It is an endless monologue, an infinite chain of bullying that is fitting for a kid. So when all that talk comes to an end, abruptly all of a sudden, the event does not go unnoticed. The pause, the silence, probably only extends for a quarter of a minute at most, but when 'life' comes back to those greenlit orbs...

---The reason for it all becomes apparent.

"Ow, damn!" Curses and whining, each less mature than the least. "Connection is so bad down here... Gah, input movement so slow! Ah, once I get back in Imma show that lady all this baby can do! That should leave them both super impressed, gwaha!"

Well, looks like someone doesn't know he's being heard...
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)

Assassin of the Distant Kingdom
    Miyama - Ryuudou Temple
    Morning Phase

Keeping both goals and limits in mind, you turn down the idea of exposing your presence, abandoning the two other females to their fate while you venture in search of something whose exact description remains unclear even now. However, scouting is one of the fields where your class excels, and a combination of peerless instincts, good fortune, silent movement and outstanding speed work to tip the scales in your favor. To add, the conversation heard previously pretty much gives away that the device you are after is certain to stand out from the mundane. Due to the forceful way in which you were summoned, access to information on the modern era might not be a hundred percent available. With that said, you are fairly sure Magecraft and the rest of the supernatural remains a part of the world that is meant to be hidden from the eyes of those unrelated to it, this whole incident being a huge transgression to such belief. And yet, those girls, the Mage and the Youkai, have spoken as if Magecraft is something the public has acknowledged as real. This disconnection between what they've said and what little you know guides your steps, propelling you to aim for something that does not belong in the present day Ryuudou Temple.

"..."

Ultimately it's just a matter of time before you find the treasure you are after. And you will, in the midst of racing through the interior of the temple lodgings. Your animal form maintains a high-velocity as you move through the narrow corridors and peek into the inside of rooms meant for visiting pilgrims and tourists, and does not even disturb the environment that surrounds you as it does. You have less presence than a calm breezy, yet can do all of this at a pace that rivals that of a bullet train. The first real problem that you encounter makes itself apparent the moment you actually run into your target, a large metal container big enough to occupy almost the entirety of one room and half of another, its decoration defies the norm of this era, being closer to what you've seen down in the underground lab down in the sewers. Just a glance is enough to for you to judge that you are lacking in offensive power to take down such beast. Most likely, it was built to endure greater calamities than a feline could ever bring about, alone or with the help of its fairy friends.

Fortunately, complete destruction is only one way to go about assassination. There are plenty of other methods you can use to sabotage whatever is being kept inside. Sadly, you don't get to think about that much. Because the moment you set paw on that room...

"...!"

Your fragile body is tossed against the wall with enough force that by the time your world stops spinning, you find yourself several rooms away, having left a mark on every obstacle that was in the way.

Critical hit check... Failed!
    Assassin of the Distant Kingdom suffers 10 HP damage.

It must be surprising.

After all, you couldn't feel the attackers presence at all, or even the hostility that acted as fuel for its kick.

It must be surprising.

After all, your instincts did not warn you of any danger, not even when its foot came in contact with your frame.

It must be surprising.

After all, it moved without delay, hunting you down as if it could naturally see through the moves of someone who moves with the shadows.

The lights go off. The night becomes even darker.

Like a living black hole, a silhouette moves towards you in order to finish the job it started.
    Last edited by hero; February 4th, 2022 at 06:14 PM.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Assassin of the Distant Kingdom
    Miyama - Ryuudou Temple
    Morning Phase

"Nya-!?"

The small body of the cat slams into - and through - paper and wood, pillar and beam and door, until finally finding rest at the base of one of the sturdy supports holding up the entire temple.

The fact that her world is spinning and she is confused is all the evidence she needs to deduce what happens. Surprised. She was surprised. Surprised is not how a hunter should ever feel; it is how prey feels. Her sneak attack was unsuccessful, and someone else's was. She was struck a perfect blow, without killing intent, slipping perfectly past her sharp senses. An opponent who surpassed her in every way at what should have been the Assassin Class's greatest strength.

The Servant gets to her feet, making no noise. She is no longer a mere cat; she is herself once more, and she stares wordlessly at the silhouette gliding towards her, all traces of whimsy gone.

The time for games has ended. It's time to take things seriously.

"Thy punishment: ten times what was inflicted," meowls the ruler of the Distant Kingdom. "I shall rend asunder flesh and - hm?"

She pauses, as her thoughts catch up to her words.

Is there someone who could get the drop on her so easily? Impossible. Not unless another Assassin was in the war, and even then, she considers herself a match even for one of the Hashashin. To do so without killing intent? Doubly impossible. An Assassin is a killer, and a killer with no killing intent cannot exist. And to fool even her bestial instincts? Impossible three times over. Meaning...

"A trap to strike at the first intruder to enter the room, is it? Nyahaha. Then this insult is proof I have indeed found your heart. But I shall not lower myself to aggress upon a mere door guard."

She does not fear the dark, nor the silhouette. For Assassin, neither are things to be afraid of. Instead she stands, proudly, wipes a trickle of blood from her mouth, and...

"Come. Thy contract is called."

Scratches at the air, tearing through it like thing fabric.

Assassin's glowing claws leave rents in reality.

Those rents become ripples.

The ripples become splashes.

The air churns like water, and like water...

Erupts.

A dripping form claws its way into the world, soaking the dry temple with the smell of brine. It flops onto the floor while the air behind it continues to churn and ripple, answering the call. It straightens, and lets loose a burble as its form slowly solidifies. Assassin wrinkles her nose at the scent. How many will answer the call this time? One? Three? Ten? It doesn't matter, really.

"Selkie," she purrs. "This domicile is henceforth thy domain. The guests are here, and more arrive by the moment. Human and ghost and worse. For each, I shall forgive one stolen sheep. I care not how. Drown, destroy, or deceive as you please. This party's about to get crazy, so..."

She sweeps her hand outwards.

"Entertain us."

Leaving her newly summoned reinforcements to their own devices, Assassin vanishes once more. Not into hiding, but rather...

Leaping forward at full speed, she dashes at an oblique angle, zig-zagging to and fro to get past the formless silhouette and back to the place it's guarding.

------------------

Wise Up
    Stats:

STR: ?
    CQC: ?
    TGH: E
    END: E
    QCK: A
    RNG: D
    CKT: ?
    LCK: ?

Skills:

Presence Concealment (Cat): A-
    The ability to conceal one’s presence. Naturally, a cat’s ability to stay hidden is first-rate, and serves as qualification for the Assassin class. However, there seems to be a yet unseen flaw in this bestial stealth...

Fairy Contract: B+
    The ability to awaken spirits sleeping within the earth and bend them to one's will. Signifies dominion over the Distant Kingdom and power over many forms of contract. Due to being summoned as an Assassin, it has become somewhat unreliable...

Instinct: A
    Nyahahaha. A cat always lands on her feet, no matter how far she falls.
    Last edited by Bloble; February 5th, 2022 at 11:11 AM.

Blog Entries
    Yamashita Hiro
    Fuyuki's Underground Sewers- ???'s Secret Laboratory
    Morning Phase

When it came to those mystical creatures called "Servants", there was a lesser understood phenomena that even some masters did not fully understand. Of course, this was probably understandable. Despite the hundreds of grail wars that had been formed throughout magical history, there was a line that existed between a magic user and a legendary hero.

Such a line had to exist. A hero was someone who, by definition had by his own hands achieved a feat or feats that humanity couldn't perform. A "master" by the same definition, was a human who could not perform a feat humanity could not perform. That was not to say masters were not special of course. They were usually exceptional, well trained, paragons of charisma and both innate and learned talent, masters of their craft.

...But to take part in a grail war was to admit whole and completely that you could not achieve your desires with your own power. That was the point of seeking the grail, it was a cheat code that could allow one to do what they could not with their own hands.

Likely...this was was why many mages did not understand the Heroic Servant process of "orientation" Because the class containers failed to hold the full ratio of a Legendary Soul, the ritual of the grail attempted to compensate by class skills and physicals parameters that lent some facility towards the premise of that class container. Heracles as a Saber would not precisely lose his bow skills, but it would be easier for him to display his talents as a swordsman. Hiro's own Servant, had facility for several classes. As a caster she would be an upper tier Servant, able to stand in the highest echelons due to her authority. As a Rider, she would display very impressive Noble Phantasms. Even had she been summoned as a saber, for a certain reason she could well have displayed splendid power over the blade.

But she was an assassin. Hiro didn't know why this was the container she had chosen. Perhaps because the cloak of shadows resembled her domain over the dark lunar plane. Or maybe she simply preferred the natural talent of killing any that would declare the title of Master. That was likely part of it. However....what many masters did not know...what was rarer lore...what even Servants did not always understand was...

The class container could also effect the psychological outlook of a Servant. Mad enhancement was the most obvious example, but it was far from the only one. There had been multiple reports where in close matches one Servant had been able to force a hard won victory by manipulating the situation so that his or her enemy would default to the tactics of their class, becoming predictable and opening up holes in their defense to exploit. Put that another way, without consciously thinking about it, even a Servant who could fit in 20 containers would likely act like a Saber if in the Saber container, unless they consciously resisted the urge.

Hiro knew this. And his situation was somewhat unique in that while as a Master this information was more of an intellectual footnote, at best a potential advantage to be gained in a fight if the situation allowed for such...

As a Demi-Servant himself, sometimes he might find himself orienting towards his own "class" when angry.

Name:  images.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  5.4 KB

The clang of iron rattled throughout the room. Perhaps the strange creature complained of connection problems, or perhaps he said something else through garbled speech and a disjointed jaw....because at the very second he began threatening embarrassment and exposure, was the very same moment Hiro's walking stick was thrown right into what passed for the mouth of the golem.

...The Lancer class was an odd one. It straddled a line between ranged attacker and front line warrior. Throwing the spear meant more then shooting an arrow, but sometimes it was not worth waiting to close, if the timing was right...or if one absolutely refused to wait even the fraction of a second required to advance.

Attacking the head here was less reliable then usual. Since there was implication that this device was remotely controlled, it wasn't as simple as the head was a weak spot, but in many case, particularly ones meant to be puppets, sensory organs and related apparatus were placed in the same area as on a human body for ease of use. In other words, Hiro was not attacking the head in hopes of striking the brain for an instant kill. He wasn't even attempting to silence the mouth, though that would be useful both tactically and on a personal level. No...in point of fact, the real target...

Was the eyes. Even better if there were problems with the connection which might delay reaction speed. In the same moment he threw his spear, Hiro had one more card to play...As he bit the skin off his thumb and ran forward.

When it came to improvised contracts, semen was the gold standard. It contained life force and had a triad of spiritual, mental, and physical analogues for transferring mana. However it had sharp limitations. It dried quickly, didn't spread as easily as one might wish, often did not come in large quantities, and took time to prepare.

...That's why Hiro preferred blood.

If this Golem, as the disjointed voice professed, was the creation and surrogate for a mage not in the same area...then there was no reason another mage could not commandeer it!

"It's hard for me to properly convey the anger I feel for you threatening my apprentice," Hiro said, the taste of his own blood on his lips as he attempted to write three simple circles, each smaller then the next at the nexus point in the middle of the body. Hiro had an idea that the actual magic circle powering its life force and the connection to its wielder was likely to either be at or at least utilize the center for an even flow of mana. If not, well, it was still the place to attempt a forceful takeover of the system. "To be honest, I probably won't calm down until I have demonstrated my annoyance to you in person. However for now, I will take this rather interesting specimen as a down payment!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Hiyako Tsurara
    Dark World – City Outskirts
    Unknown Phase

There are several reasons why the people here have called this place "The Dark World". Not only are sunlit environments a rare find, but also electricity runs scarce and is quickly drained from any active tool that happens to depend on it. However, decades and decades of isolation have taught the survivors to preserve precious resources like batteries and vehicles for situations where their presence can make an actual difference. Case in point, a splinter cell of united front operatives travel at high speeds across the wasteland using an all-terrain Jeep put together to survive the harsh conditions and dangers that never abandon the land. Alongside Tachibana, you are part of this group, which has made their objective to arrive first at the collision site. An opportunity such as this one has not presented itself for quite a long time and rumors that the 'gate to the real world' had been permanently closed have been, up until this day, a firm belief shared by a majority of the community. Getting there before the enemy, the infamous Dwellers, is of utmost importance. Materials, food, and even the promise of freshly sent survivors... Anything on the list could be used to gain an edge over the other factions. With that in mind, the Dwellers will likely seek to usurp the fallen city or, if worse comes to worst, make it unusable to the likes of you.

---Or, at the very least, that is how it would have been, had the fallen city not crashed directly into the one that serves as home for the biggest organization within the Dark World.

Call it what you may, the truth at large is that the Dwellers have not taken the biggest hit they could take from one of the numerous factions that hate their guts but instead have suffered heavy casualties from an unidentified flying object of giant proportions that caught them completely by surprise, burying them under its own weight.

It's a fact that has changed everything, and has rallied the entire united front to battle. Although, the plan is far from what was proposed back at the strategy meeting, a coordinated raid like the one in motion would have never been possible in time had you not called for one in the first place. Now jumping into the enemy territory is more alluring, seeing as it would take them some to recover, and should troops eventually choose to retreat, the Dwellers surely wouldn't give chase in their current state. In other words, for many this was a mission to kick the Dwellers while they are still down then run away, and for others it was the golden opportunity to take them out for good. Whatever the case, all minds were set on inflicting as much damage as possible.

"Alright, here we are... This must be the wolf's den, or what's left of it. So, where to now? Do I just drive us to the most shady skyscraper still standing? I bet that's where the big bad are hiding."

Of course Nikolai only jests. Behind his classy sunglasses and kid-like smirk hides a Magus more than capable of acting as your bodyguard should you ever need one. As a genius that does not overlook the basics of his craft, this is merely his way of saying that he's ready to receive new orders. Now that you have arrived at the city proper, it would be wise to take a moment to decide where your first stop is going to be. Moreover, the road trip has been far too silent, so you can appreciate his attempt go get a conversation going. After all, regardless of what group other members come from, you are a team, and so you must act and communicate as one.

"Perhaps it would be better to proceed on foot. You might not see it yet, but there is a lot of chaos in the streets. If we want to continue unnoticed, it's our chance to sneak around."

The second voice belongs to Tilikum, a member of the Seekers you are not too familiar with. Dressed in a fancy white tuxedo, his resemblance to humanity ends when one makes eye contact and realizes his head is very much that of killer whale. The team's designed scouting unit, he can detect far-away foes with ease, and that's while he's being confined inside this car. Being part of the Seekers, one doesn't need to be able to read between the lines to understand what he's here for. Not exactly looking for bloodshed, he is looking for clues that might help everyone back to the world of the living. While others were forced to adapt and survive, the Seekers have done so without forgetting what their main goal has always been: To recover their lost lives.

"..."

Rati, the other person you are not familiar with, is present yet finds it too soon to voice her thoughts. She belongs to the Hidden Dragons, and according to them, the best healer they could send. There is something in her deep golden eyes that tells you that she is quite used to dealing with death, be it prevent it or inflicting it. It's a feeling that is hard to describe... But in a way, she feels more dangerous than harmless, someone who could look after herself and after others. A soldier, in more ways than one...

Eventually, she too joins the talk:

"... They will fold themselves into defense if we let them. We should act with haste."
    Last edited by hero; April 14th, 2022 at 02:13 PM.

Alicia Rosenkopf (& Servant Assassin)
    Miyama- Streets
    Morning Phase

The Tohsaka Residence, a landmark of the magical world here in Fuyuki, and the place the group is most likely to get some answers from. After all, supposedly, the owner dealt with a similar catastrophe in the past. She isn't home, but at the very least, you might be able to collect some clues that would guide you towards the correct path. Unfortunately, an amateur home-taught Magus like you is incapable of realizing there is something amiss with the structure standing in front of you. It's the same for M who, despite having collected much more information on the matter, is here visiting for the first time. Assassin might be able to feel, through her beastly instincts, that walking into A Magus workshop, especially one of renown, shouldn't be as much as an easy task as it currently seems, just like fortresses built to keep but the strongest monsters away. Yuna, still wielding incredible composure, is the one voice this concern, before any other action is taken:

"The Tohsaka Residence is protected by a complex series of bounded fields. Simply walking in would not be advisable." She explains. "I had prepared something in case the landowner substitute turned out to be absent but..."

M completes the sentence with a single glance. Her eyes say '... But it won't be necessary, because there is not Bounded Field at all'. A sign that should rise an alarm in the head of a cautious one, the robot is quick to spell out a logical cause for this phenomenon.

"If the spell was active during the transition, a part of it might have been lost, sent to another layer. If the formula is as complex as you describe, a series of missing numerical values could very well lead to its shutdown. Another possibility is that it has already eroded to the point where its presence is no longer a threat to us. As time goes on, both electrical charge and constructs made with ether will fade and disappear, as they become nourishment for the void."

Again M's artificial expressions serve to silently convey a clear message: 'Whatever remains after that will be dessert.' It's a declaration of the end, one that has already been done a couple of times already, but with each following iteration acquires more weight. Everyone is in danger, including Assassin, a spirit meant to serve as your aid. You must make haste.

What welcomes you is a far cry from what you expected a Magus workshop to be.

Just like you would have never guessed the Sleeping Bishop was a vampire's den in disguise, there is not one thing in your surroundings that would make anyone think that the residence belongs to a prominent figure linked to the world of magecraft. There are, however, quite a few things that attract your attention, even should they not be related to your cause. First and foremost, the furniture, the carpet, the curtains, the overall layout... It is that of a western house, truly a match with the exterior you saw earlier. In spite of several pieces being more than a decade old, at the very least, every item is well-preserved and clean. There is not a trace of disorder, chaos or destruction, elements that can be found all throughout the streets of Miyama. Resembling the feeling of walking into a museum, you are left wondering exactly how much one would be allowed to touch without permission...

After confirming that there is no one else with you, the group decides to split and search for clues. What are you looking for? Well, some kind of secret passage or secret switch which would gain you access to the true Magus Lair. It should be quite an exciting adventure, somewhat like a treasure hunt, looking under beds and gently pulling books out of bookshelves to see if they trigger some sort of hidden mechanism...

For a moment, you let go of your worries and embrace the challenge.
    Last edited by hero; April 16th, 2022 at 10:12 AM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alicia Rosenkopf (& Servant Assassin)
    Miyama- Tohsaka Manor
    Morning Phase

"It's so spacious, so this is a western-style mansion..." Alicia exclaimed eyes flitting eagerly from one part of the immaculate room to the next.

"There's no time to just admire it, the path to the true Mage's Workshop could be anywhere here. We have to get searching if we want this done before nightfall," Assassin said pragmatically gripping the young girl lightly by the back of her collar.

"You mean a secret passage to a hidden room? Then this is like a treasure-hunt!" Alicia declared, the Servant's words having the opposite of their intended effect and only further igniting her adventurous enthusiasm.

Assassin gave a resigned sigh. "You really are a carefree one you know that? I'm amazed your danger-senses aren't on high-alert in a place like this..." she muttered chidingly.

"Well that's just because I know I have you here to protect me!" Alicia said throwing an arm around the other woman.

"H-hey, don't rely on me too much! I can only give my all in battle because I know you're here to back me up... A-anyways," she cleared her throat, clearly flustered by their closeness. "Let's get going. We have a mission to complete after all."

"Okay... my hero." Alicia winked before taking the Servant's hand as they set off to search the mansion's southwestern wing.

"Oi, I told you to quit laying it on so thick!" Assassin blushed, spluttering vainly in protest.

Alicia giggled. Her Servant really was way too easy to tease... But the blonde was jarred from those thoughts when she noticed a large wardrobe in front of her. "Hey, Assassin..." she murmured with sudden shyness.

"You noticed something suspicious, Master?" Assassin shot her a quizical look.

"No, it's just..." Alicia trailed off wrapping her arms around her torso selfconsciously. "I haven't had time to change these pajamas since the night I was first dragged into all this. They're really stained in sweat and I just wonder if we have time to get changed..."

"Pfahahahaa!!" Assassin burst out laughing on the spot. "Man, calling off the search just to play dress-up... so this is the way of a sheltered maiden's heart, huh?" she said between raucous chuckles.

"S-shut up! As if a nudist would understand the importance of fresh clothes anyways!" Alicia retorted turning to glare poutily at her.

"Right, right..." Assassin held up her hands in acquiescence. "Sorry, that was a little mean of me Master... I get why that's important and I think we do have some extra time so it should be fine. But Master, don't you think the estate's owner might mind us helping ourselves like that? Is that really in line with your good-girl image...?" she questioned.

Alicia smiled sheepishly. "W-well, it doesn't look like they're around to take any issue and I promise to return anything I take if I find them again, so it's okay!"

Assassin lifted an eyebrow at that dodgy logic deployed with unimpeachable innocence. "I take back the sheltered maiden part, you sure you don't have the heart of a closet criminal instead...? Well," she shrugged casually, "it's not like I have any right to lecture you on that. Finders keepers is the law of the forest and all. Just don't take too long trying on outfits, okay?"

"Got it," Alicia agreed before cracking open the creaky wardrobe. "Hmm, now to see what's inside here... oh wow," she gasped, noticing an outfit that consisted of a red hoodie with black short-shorts. "This is just perfect for me!" the young girl exclaimed hugging it triumphantly to her chest.

"Huh, are you really into such punk-fashion? I figured you'd be a more pastel and frills type Master," Assassin commented with a wry grin.

"Are you kidding, this style is totally cool!" Alicia declared defensively. "I mean..." she trailed off with a note of wistfulness. "I never wore these kinds of clothes when grandma was around, but I always liked seeing them on my classmates and in store-windows. And although her spirit's still watching over me, I'm sure by now she'd be supportive of me being everything I want to be!" she proclaimed full of conviction.

"Heh," Assassin's grin softened into a fond one, "I'm just glad you found something you like. Personally I think you'd look charming in anything Master."

A few moments passed. "Um, Assassin?" Alicia spoke up penetrating the awkward silence.

"What?" the Servant flatly queried.

"Can you... um, please leave the room?" Alicia concluded finally. "I need to put on these clothes and that obviously means taking off the ones I already have."

"Pffft," Assassin blew off her request. "No reason to be shy, we're both girls remember. Or what, do you have some terrifying scar or tattoo you're embarrassed to show off?" She leaned forward getting an excited-looking grin. "I won't judge, in fact I think that kind of thing is super badass!"

"I-it's nothing like that!" Alicia spluttered before her Servant's imagination could get too fired up. "It's just..." Her voice was scarcely more than a murmur as she looked down at the floor. "I can't explain it, but I'd find it embarrassing to undress in front of you Assassin. As my Servant please respect that wish," she said raising her gaze firmly.

"Do as you please, humans or beasts don't have to justify their instincts," Assassin conceded walking back to the door. "Just holler if anything weird happens in there okay?" she called out before shutting it behind her.

"Geez, what kind of help does she think I'd need? I'm not a little kid anymore..." Alicia trailed off pouting. "Although, it is a little nice she's so protective of me... Anyways!" She snapped her mind back to the task at hand. Slim fingers undid the buttons of her pajamas and slid them down her body until she was wearing just her white panties and matching cinderella bra. "Now to try it on," Alicia said regarding the chosen outfit. "But hmm..." She got second thoughts as she peered deeper into the wardrobe. "What if there's something even better in there? And there's no one here to catch me rummaging around, so... ehehe, don't mind if I do!" An impish grin darting across her face Alicia leaned forward to reach into the wardrobe. "Woah, it's surprisingly roomy in here..." she called out from within the dark space, now practically crawling inside with her bare legs wiggling out behind her. "Is there a light or someth-eh?" Her fingers fumbled blindly for a switch before suddenly a crackle of energy sparked through her and a glowing red magic-circle blazed to life in front of her. "Iyaaaahhh-!!" Alicia screamed.

"Geez, what's taking her so long," Assassin sighed from outside the room. "She was supposed to just quickly change and come out. We still have to find the true Mage's Workshop after all. And furthermore..." The Servant clutched her hand over her heart that was currently thumping strongly in her chest. "Whoever said just standing guard here would be so stressful?! Behind that door is a maiden in her flower of youth trying on cute clothes. What if she asks me to come in and help her zip up something on the back?" She blushed heavily before shaking her head to expel that imagery. "No, more importantly what if an enemy tries to attack right now?"

"That's right," Assassin's fist tightened at her side, "Alicia is totally distracted and vulnerable right now. This whole manor could still be enemy territory and if a monster were to attack like back at the school then..." She caught her other hand reaching falteringly for the doorknob. "N-no!" Assassin stopped herself. "I must have faith in my Master and honor her request. Alicia can handle herself in there!" She took several deep breaths to calm her raging heart before leaning back against the door.

"M-Master..." Assassin groaned. "This assignment might be the most challenging you've given me yet..."

"-Iyaaaahhh!!" Suddenly a girlish scream echoed from inside the room.

"Master!" Assassin didn't waste any time throwing open the door. Any thoughts over a growing girl's privacy were totally blown away as she rushed in to secure her young charge's safety. And came face-to-face with a rather bizarre scene. Alicia was suspended aloft in front of the wardrobe, limbs splayed out in a cross and tendrils of light snaking over her. A large red magic-circle spun and pulsated behind her that she was affixed to by the coruscating strands.

"A-assassin, help!" Alicia cried out in a wavering tone. "I went in the wardrobe and this weird thing attacked m-ahaha!" Her voice broke into a stream of dismayed giggles as the tendrils began slithering over and prodding her body. "S-stop it that tickles ahahaa!!" she yelped squirming indignantly.

Her earnest pleas for help snapped Assassin out of her stupor and shaking the blush off her face the Servant swiftly lunged into action. "This must be a magical security system, it registered us as intruders and attacked!" she exclaimed before cutting Alicia free with a flurry of claws.

"Ehehe, thanks for saving me again..." The rather woozy from tickling girl dropped lightly into Assassin's arms before her rescuer sprang backwards to evade a follow-up attack from the tendrils.

"Tch," Assassin grit her teeth as a magical thread nicked her cheek, drawing blood. More swiftly darted to encircle her in midair but Assassin waved her claws all around her, making short work of the impromptu fowling net.

In the short instant it took her to land back on the ground the room had transformed from pristine sanctum to looking like a storm had just whipped through it. Tendrils of crackling energy raked through the polished mahogany floors leaving violent furrows while a stray feeler had split the bed in half scattering sheets and pillow-feathers everywhere.

"It's even attacking their own turf... who would design a security-system like this?" Assassin asked in disbelief.

"M said that the spell defenses might've been disrupted when this place shifted to another layer. Maybe it's gone berserk?" Alicia theorized once she'd recovered her composure.

"Either way, malfunctioning pieces of junk... should just disappear!" Assassin roared condensing the shadows in the room into an umbral spear that she sent piercing straight through the magic-circle. The force of the magical backlash exploded outwards hurling both Assassin and her youthful charge back across the room.

Alicia coughed several times as she rose to her feet. "That was crazy, but I guess we've found the entrance to the true Mage's Workshop now," she said squinting through the cloud of smoke.

"Looks like it, you don't guard something unless it's important after all," Assassin confirmed with a grin as the dust dispersed to reveal a secret passageway behind the now-smashed wardrobe. A set of ancient stairs leading down to an unknown location.

"A wardrobe opening to a hidden place... it's just like Chronicles of Narnia," Alicia mused.

"Only it's more like the Wolf, the Magus and the Wardrobe," quipped Assassin.

"We need to hurry and reconvene with the others. The sooner we can find out what the Tohsaka were working on here, the better chances we have of stopping this disaster!" Alicia proclaimed pumping her fist spiritedly.

"Your enthusiasm is inspiring Master, but..." Assassin scratched her cheek pensively, pondering how to most tactfully address the 'sensitive' matter in front of her. "Are you sure there's not something you're forgetting right now...?"

"-Eh?" Alicia followed her Servant's trailing gaze downwards before realizing she was still in her underwear. "EHHHHHHH?!?" A bashful shriek rang out through the ruined bedroom as Alicia blushed brightly and darted out her hands to cover herself. "Y-you're horrible, why didn't you say something earlier!?" she fumed glowering at the Assassin with tears in her eyes.

Wise-up!
    New outfit get!
    Dignity sadly lost...

"Keeping alert to your condition is one of the things that sets kids apart from adults, consider this a lesson on battlefield awareness Master," the wolf-eared woman lectured smugly turning her back to her under-dressed and red-faced charge. "Now hurry and put these on," she said more seriously tossing Alicia the outfit she'd planned on wearing over her shoulder. "You're right we don't have all day." (Phew, that was a close one...) Assassin thought releasing a held-back sigh as her own cheeks burned in a fierce blush. (I managed to hide how embarrassed I was to see her like this... I can't be caught losing my cool around the girl I'm supposed to look after...)

"Dummer Wolf, go gobble up some piglets or something and quit harassing innocent maidens," Alicia huffed under her breath partially reverting to her ancestral German as she tugged on the clothes. "Although, I suppose I can't be too mad when she did just save my life..." the blonde murmured, exasperated pout already melting into something more fond as she recalled all the times Assassin had snatched her out of peril in the short time they'd known each other. "Alright I'm done, you can turn around now," Alicia called out once she'd finished dressing.

"Oh man, you're totally adorable Master!" Assassin gushed practically shoving her face in front of her. "I take back my doubts from before, red and black look great on you...!"

"R-really?" Alicia stammered awkwardly, lighting up despite herself at the brazen compliment as she attempted to bury her face in her hoodie. "D-don't try to butter me up after peeking on me in my underwear..." she chided looking to the side.

"C'mon don't be like that Master, everyone deserves to see your cute features," Assassin insisted reaching out to brush the blonde's bangs out of from over her left eye. "Your face is like a sunflower that lights up the room or something, hell I'm not exactly the most eloquent one." Alicia felt her heart shyly skip a beat as the woman's strong yet kind fingers traced her cheek.

"Assassin..." The name left her lips in a gasp before she had time to consider it.

"Hmm?" Assassin looked down at her curiously.

Wordlessly Alicia threw her arms around the Servant and buried her face tightly against her chest.

"Woah, what's gotten into you Master?" Assassin yelped in surprise, but notably made no effort to rebuff the embrace. "I didn't think you were in a touchy-feely mood right now..."

"Please don't disappear." Her murmured voice at that time was almost impossibly wispy and fragile, yet carried the full intensity of a heartfelt prayer. "Even if you tease me and make me want to curse you sometimes, don't go anywhere. This might be a selfish wish but I want you to stay by my side, right up until the end."

"Ha." Assassin relaxed, gently patting the girl's golden locks. "Don't worry, I'm not planning to go anywhere either. No matter how many times you curse me I'll definitely stick myself annoyingly to your side until the end. Consider that a wolf's promise, 'Master'."

"Thank you." Alicia pulled away from the hug and wiped her eyes before smiling with renewed courage. "Now let's wait for the others. They should arrive soon after all the commotion we made."

"Got it Master. And when they do we can resolve this sordid mess together," the Servant stalwartly replied. (She really does just look just like her...) Assassin mused a bitter memory dragged up from her psyche by the blonde's attire. (But this time the outcome won't be the same as back then. I will protect her, no matter what.) she vowed clenching her hand at her side.

Aya Alayana
    Einzbern Forest
    Morning Phase

"Flashy, huh? I like the idea. You might be a newborn, but you have good instincts. Just follow my lead and you'll learn a thing or two."

Elizabeth's hand feels like a delicate treasure, a small and fragile appendage that is somewhat unfitting for the monster she is supposed to represent. As a familiar of the highest caliber, she boasts enough strength to put an Olympian fighter to shame and yet you are confident that, in a contest, your firm grip would emerge victorious every single time. A curious contradiction that leaves you wondering, but not for too long. Now that the temporary contract has been forged, something within you has changed, although it is hard to tell exactly what it is. Although this pact has done nothing to teach you more about the little devil, the connection between the two of you has been reinforced to the point where you can be sure that this has been more than a mere vow.

As for Elizabeth... Let's just say the change has been a tad more drastic.

"Huhuhu~"

Namely, her wings have grown around twice in size when fully extended, becoming less of a cosmetic accessory and more of a functional tool for airborne travel. It's hard to tell whether those are dragon wings, bat wings or demon wings... Or if this new relationship has made her any stronger... But one thing is for sure...

... It has certainly served to exponentially boost her ego.

"Behold, this is Dark Eliza's magnificent true form-! A time-limited version only available during yearly one-week, no, two-week long events~!"

Back to normal levels at the very least. After facing defeat at the hands of a mighty giant, this is where the heroine rises back to her feet as the sole symbol of beauty. Her existence is one to deny logic, ignore power level rankings and always be the number one fan-favorite. Sometimes it might be hard to understand what she might be on about, but she remains a reliable (?) ally for the time being. At the very least, she is your ticket to the skies above. Without her, you'd be setting the ground ablaze just by taking off, so...

"Here we go---!!!"

Wind.

In the blink of an eye, you are caught and thrown into a world of speed. You are moving ahead and several trees stand on your way. There is no time to move, but there is time to react, so all you feel is a premonition of death, right before the vampire noble moves you both out of the way. You have been known for your reckless driving style. Well, it's more like you are ready to drive the way one is meant to drive when the situation calls for it. Nevertheless, more than once your skills have inspired terror in the heart of your passengers, for better or for worse. Perhaps... This is what it feels like... To be on a deadly roller coaster...

"...!"

You can't hear what she's saying, but you can tell Elizabeth is enjoying this trip. Now that she has the means to properly do so, carrying someone makes her feel powerful, almighty and eager to hear your thoughts and praises. For a time, she dedicates herself to moving close to the ground, but once she finds a clearing, a clear opening to escape the verdant prison, she shifts her position and uses the new-gained impulse to propel both of you above.

"Wanted a good look at the castle right? Well, there you have it."

However, when you come back to your senses... What you see is not the Einzbern Castle you know. What you see does not match with the little memories you kept of the structure. It does retain its essence, alright... But there are certain details, certain foreign designs that feel forced into the fortress and very out of place. Someone like Elizabeth might miss these pieces of evidence altogether, but your keen eye sees beyond lies and knows that no amount of repairs would have brought this change. Even then, the Tohsaka would not approve of it...

But that's perhaps the last thing you should be focusing your attention on. After all, there is the fact that the giant you saw before is nowhere to be seen, having gone completely missing... And she's not the only one.

Fuyuki city has disappeared as well, accompanied by anything that once stood past the borders of the forest.

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Aya Alayana
    Einzbern Forest
    Morning Phase

How exactly, does one cling to another with dignity?

The expression on the face of Aya Alayana is one that is clearly trying to do just that, thrown into a world of speed far beyond what she is traditionally able to employ herself, it takes a shocking amount of willpower for the young woman to not let out a surprised sort of gasp (or perhaps scream) as she is grabbed and dragged boldly into a high-speed tunnel of many earthly colors, senses that she had thought long used to this sort of abuse screaming that she is definitely going to slam into something, that danger is omnipresent in this instance, that this particular roller-coaster is dangerous in spite of how much of a secret speed junkie she is herself, but...

"..."

None of this shows clearly on her face, indeed...

How does one cling with dignity?

She is certainly clinging to the servant, but it's a dignified death grip, one that doesn't look at knuckle-crushing as it actually is, that allows her to maintain her never-bothered-by-anything face, even if the skin of her knuckles has gone white with her grip, muscles straining to not fall off the metaphorical roller coaster...

"..."

But she does it.

Somehow.

Someway.

She manages to not make a single sound throughout the entirety of the ordeal, although whether that is truly practiced stoicism, or simply a sort of instinctual paralysis is another matter entirely...

"Good work."

The first words she says are a form of the praise the girl so clearly expects, said in the same serious voice as always... Of course she has always been like that, the words she says are rarely ever lies, she will tell people how it is for better or for worse, so if she acknowledges that a task was completely satisfactorily, then she honestly believes it to be so, however...

"I did indeed wish to see the castle... It seems to have had some... Foreign designs incorporated into it..."

Yes.

The castle is incorrect.

But more distressing than that...

"...But tell me child, how long has this forest been all that remains of the landscape?"

...Is the lack of a world outside the forest.

"Has it looked like this since you appeared here?"
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"