Page 1 of 17 123611 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Closure [IC Thread]

Fate/Closure [IC Thread]

Glenn Alexander Velvet
    Shinto - Fuyuki Airport
    Night Phase

In the past, your father traveled to the city of Fuyuki in order to participate in an event known as the Holy Grail War. Roughly thirty years later, you arrive at the same destination, following his footsteps in search for an answer. Though your behavior somewhat resembles that of your ancestor seeing as this was a rather reckless decision on your part, the reality is that after such a long period of time things are not the as they used to be, and so the two of you cannot be compared. The passage to adulthood, the trials, that Waver Velvet had to face in Fuyuki during the course of the war are no longer here for you to undertake; not anymore.

After the Greater Grail was dismantled with the help of the Tohsaka family, it was the end of the Fuyuki Holy Grail War. Granted, it remains a fact that, to this day, several mages try to emulate the system designed by the Tohsaka, Makiri and Einzbern Families with varied results. However, seeing as the potential to reach the root through this 'holy' devise has been completely lost, followed by a ban on research related to the topic enforced by the Mage's association, the ancient ritual called Holy Grail War is no more. Failure after failure, the spark that gave birth to these conflicts has been extinguished and those who still insist on studying its principles are obsessed or have nothing left to lose.

Of course, this is not information that anyone should have. But being part of the Velvet's legacy, you have some privilege. Not to mention that you'd be a lame excuse of a lecturer if you couldn't dig up that much information.

"First time in Fuyuki, Mr. Velvet...? I come here fairly often so I could show you around, heh."

The boy sitting next to you folds his arms in pride and shoots you a smile, more than satisfied with the idea of spending vacation together with a teacher like you. He was not originally by your side, as you had made sure to book a window seat with an unoccupied seat next to it, but rather he claimed it the moment he figured your true identity. Now, in a cruel twist of fate, you are forced to face the consequences of your actions, as escape appears to be pretty much impossible without having to walk through him.

Through not a loyal follower of your lectures at the Clock Tower, you know the face of this boy all too well.

Tohsaka Natsu. The son of Tohsaka Rin, a colleague whom your father has worked with in the past.

By the time the Fifth Holy Grail was over, the Tohsaka, the Makiri and the Von Einzbern had all fallen to a precarious position. Out of the three of them, the Tohsaka were the only ones who managed to turn the tables and recover a part of their lost glory in doing so. While still immature, there is no doubt that someone like Tohsaka Natsu holds an incredible potential within him, potential that more than a few would be willing to kill to obtain. However, because of a long-going argument between his parents about the kind of life he should live -or so the rumor goes-, he's only a couple of years younger than you and still hasn't undergone the steps necessary to inherit the family crest, something which should be alarming to say the least.

In any case, it seems that the youth is set on taking you to his home, since you absentmindedly confessed not having decided where you would accommodate. Big mistake. That said, it's late at night in Fuyuki and you gather it might be cold as well. A warm and comfortable place to rest would be more than welcome.

Perhaps it would be wise to part ways only after a good night's sleep.

"Ok, Mr. Velvet, let's go!"

He keeps calling you that...

The road clear, you pick your luggage and move towards the exit. You give the plane one last glance before leaving. There are not many passengers left in the plane besides yourself.

Hmm... At the far back, you see a blonde girl about your age. Your eyes do not meet, and the regal air that surrounds her leaves it clear that such thing will never happen naturally. There is something familiar about her, reason why your gaze lingers for a moment before a shout from Natsu brings you back to your senses.

The nagging feeling that, while having never interacted with such girl, she resembled someone you might have seen somewhere before leaves you once you reach the platform.

There, you will come face to face with a different kind of demon.

-------

Aya Alayana (& Glenn Alexander Velvet)
    Shinto - Fuyuki Airport

Night Phase

It's said that God created humans and gave them free will. It's for this reason that there will always be villains and there will always be heroes. There will always be times of peace and there will always be time of conflict. Like light and darkness, one cannot exist without the other, and the same applied to rents. There are those who are grateful and pay in due time and then there are those who flee at the first sign of the owner knocking on the door to claim their rightful fee. Your job is administer the land and make sure that those who use it for their benefit understand this is all an exercise of give and take. Sometimes people are stubborn and doors have to be kicked off their hinges, some people have to suffer and some things have to be set ablaze. It's the kind of disaster one could avoid if one read carefully the contract that bound them and you together and abided by it. Unfortunately, more often than not, people choose to learn this the hard way.

If it wasn't for your strict management, the Tohsaka would have surely gone bankrupt. The heir and previous owner, Tohsaka Rin, was smart but lacked the drive of a businesswoman like you. Whereas she was shut-in who would lock herself up in her mansion for days for the sake of research or carelessly traveled to London and back, not to mention wasting fortunes on a conflict between mages that promised nothing but ruin, Aya Alayana is someone who actively pursues her prey and doesn't rest until the rent is paid, one way or another.

Her husband might have been a bad influence. Way too kind, that man. But that's a story for another day.

The reason you are here at the airport this late at night is to pick up their son, who's coming to Fuyuki to spend the holidays. It's way past bedtime so it's your job to ensure that he heads home and then straight to bed. One would have expected his actual guardian to show up in your place, but there are no traces of her. That old vixen from the church... You can hear her playing that cursed instrument at times improper, as if to mock you. Most likely, the two of you will never get along...

Today has been a busy day for you. After all, Tohsaka Natsu is not the only one reaching the island today. A couple of other figures of interest are either on the way or have already arrived. It appears holiday season might require you to work extra hours. That said, that brat takes precedence. You are too responsible to ignore the absence of an authority figure to watch over him. He's the type who'd go on an escapade at night. This may become a problem if left as it is.

Fortunately, since Fuyuki isn't really a popular holiday location despite its expansion over the last two decades, your target is easy to spot. He's walking with another boy his age, perhaps a couple of years older. At this distance, you can't quite make out his face.

...?!

Although they were walking towards you a moment ago, the duo suddenly takes a turn to the side and hides under the cover of a column, using it to block your vision as they continue moving, looking for an alternate exit.

As expected, the moment he spotted you, he began his escape-!

And it looks like his getting his friend involved in it, too-!
    Last edited by hero; November 18th, 2019 at 06:13 PM.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Aya Alayana
    Shinto - Fuyuki Airport

Night Phase

---In the end, it seemed that even the smallest of problems were left to fall into her lap, this one courtesy of a certain silver-haired crone from the church.

Of course, Aya Alayana is a striking figure for a number of reasons. Be it the scarlet hair that seemed to ripple like fire as she moved, the calm, unflinching manner in which she stood her ground at the exit gate, waiting for a certain brat that is scheduled to be arriving in the next few moments, or even the way the people around here seem to give her a breadth of space, as if the idea of getting too close was potentially dangerous, yes...

While her looks are that of your gentle older sister, a gentle smile filled with warmth, a violet scarf resting on her back, and the patient disposition of one who is waiting to take a family member home, sign held in her hands so that he can't possibly miss her, yes...

To those that arrive, it is certainly a heart-warming depiction of the "family spirit," a warm gesture that melts frozen hearts and spirits alike; an ultimate representation of the true meaning of the holiday spirit...

Yes.

That is certainly what it looks like, and indeed...

"..."

She had been prepared to act in that sort of way, she really had, or rather...

She had been prepared to do her best to fit that sort of mold, and had even gotten a bit more dressed up to look extra friendly, after all, there is more than one way to get people to do as you'd like, and really...

It had been a long day.

So long that she didn't really feel like chasing anyone down if she didn't have to, but...

When she sees him -even though he doesn't notice- and then he sees her, his response...

Is not to accept his fate, and simply go to the one that has so graciously opened up her schedule to ensure his safety, oh no...

"..."

Whether he noticed her stare or not, the movement that puts a column in between the two of them can only be called infuriating, a spit in the face, in a sense, for how much she had went through to be here when he got here...

Was he running because he was afraid?

What was he trying to say with that?

Ah.

It was the constant trips out of town, they were ruining the brat's mind... Since when does a man run away from confrontation?

It's painful to watch really, even more so because the effort is so...

Wasted.

She can see them, so it was already too late.

He should know better than this, but...

It seemed she might have to chase him down after all, a shame really, but it seems he hadn't learned...

One of her jobs is to babysit, and by God, she would have him home and in bed before midnight.

Yes.

Thought process following something along those lines, for those civilians that had been watching the 'peaceful older sister' up till now, they may just notice pale hands curling up into fists as she starts off at a brisk pace after the brat and his unfortunate friend, indeed...

"Heya brat! Going somewhere? Didn't want to come say hi? Weren't going to introduce me to your friend?"

It's said in an affectionate tone, a voice that seems to pierce through the column of steel to those that she knows are lying behind it, and yet-

"It's way past your bedtime and you know it! Don't make me chase you~"

-the dissonance in it... Proves that she's far from the 'gentle ideal' of an older sister...
    Last edited by Airen; November 18th, 2019 at 09:45 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Takanashi Kotoha
    Shinto - Police Station (Outside)
    Night Phase

Well, this doesn't bode well.

As a hitman for the local Yakuza, you made a living by taking care of lose ends that endangered the organization's future. There are those who dive deep into the sea of crime and there are those who have to constantly make split of a second decisions with their lives on the line. And then there is you, who are good at killing. So when your daily call comes informing you that you won't be participating in a murder but instead in a bloody rescue mission of all things, it's only natural for you to grow nervous. For a moment, you have to stop and ponder if the ones who've taken you under their wings want to see you dead... For you know that there surely must have been a better candidate for an assignment such as this.

Even if Fuyuki has grown over the past couple of decades, its police department is not a force to be reckoned with. Not when compared to the Yakuza, that is. You are certain that a large group of Yakuza agents could walk through the front door, blow a hole through the head of anyone who dared to play hero and come back with the package they wanted to retrieve. A negotiation was equal, if not more likely than the first options. The police, with their limited resources, would not be stupid enough to openly declare war against the Yakuza. They'd rather take a bribe and turn a blind eye.

In other words, the reason you are here probably has to do with a desire not to see the Yakuza involved, at least not in a way that would publicly expose them. You were going to get someone out of jail, and you were going to do it as Takanashi Kotoha, not as the face of the Yakuza. The exact methods are for you to decide but, in your line of work, an extended delay is not tolerated. It has to be tonight and it has to be now.

The target: A woman in her early forties, perhaps late thirties. The name does not ring any bell, but she must be of value or have connections with the mafia herself if she can ask for a favor of this caliber. Hmmm, come to think of it, the surname... You've heard it before. Perhaps on the T.V. or the internet...? Nevermind that, in this day and age, a mere surname is not enough to properly identify anyone.

As you ponder exactly how you are going to carry out your duty or if a tactical retreat to another country is in order, your partner for this mission arrives, parking her motorcycle next to yours. Given her vehicle choice, it looks like the two of you have at least one thing in common.

-------

Shiba Nao
    Night Phase

This is bad! It's an emergency! Master has been captured and the task of breaking her out of the police station falls upon your shoulders. The truth is that your Master is an extremely gentle person. Sure, she may be stern on the outside but when it comes to going the extra mile for those she treasures, few can rival her might. You know this because you've spent the last five years by her side, traveling and using your talent for the right thing. To think that the authorities could brand someone like her a criminal! Still, Master is very smart and she anticipated this sort of scenario. It was thanks to her that you managed to escape and also thanks to her that you were able to request the Yakuza's help without having to give up any of your fingers. In a sense, Master is quite the mastermind, isn't she...?

In any case, you are unaware of the reason behind her capture. As far as you are concerned, your soul is guilty of more crimes than hers, and you can tell for sure that you've done absolutely nothing that breaks the law since the two of you arrived at Fuyuki, a couple of weeks ago. All you did was spy on a few people and then spy some more. Master is the sort of person to book a lot of buildings beforehand, strategic yet discreet bases of operation from where she can watch over the target's movements.

Yes, Master is not black nor white, not a villain and not a hero. Perhaps something in between. Something like justice.

Having reached your destination, you park your bike next to who you've been informed will be your partner for this assignment. You are someone who has the need for speed, the kind of person who feels alive when driving dangerously. It's probably safe to say that the yakuza girl here probably doesn't feel the same way about it, but ultimately, there is one thing in common that no one can deny.

Suzuki Hayabusa.

Both of you drive a Suzuki Hayabusa.
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)

Blog Entries
    Shiba Nao
    Night Phase [OST]

We’re in trouble! Master has been captured by the police! Umm… Hmm… How exactly did this happen again? I didn’t start a fight with anyone, start waving around any weapons, or even steal some of one cranky oji-san’s delicious meat skewer when he wasn’t looking... There must have been something that I did but forgot about, because Master definitely didn’t do anything! She absolutely positively didn’t! Master must’ve known that I was going to mess up and forget because she already set up contact with the local yaki udons (yakuza).

So when the police showed up to one of hideouts, I was surprised that Master immediately ordered me to go to the yaki udons instead of taking them out. I get that there were a lot of them… But they’re all just small fry. I could take them easily with my eyes closed! But Master’s orders are orders. Thus I have to fulfill them, even if I don’t like it. Trust in Master’s plans because I’m too stupid to even understand one facet of it. So I immediately grabbed my equipment and keys, before running out the door and knocking over some of the police officers. Sprinting until I got to my bike.

Outrunning the cops were easy. The ones in the building were really slow. The ones in their cars… They had no chance of catching up to me with those pure stock cars. Eventually I got to the place where Master told me to go. It had this big, muscular small fry only meant to scare other small fry standing outside. When I told him, I wanted to see the yaki udons here. He got like superrrrrr mad and said that I was making fun of them. I said it doesn’t matter and that I needed to see whatever they were called because Master was in trouble.

After I mentioned Master, he backed off saying I should’ve mentioned that sooner and that they’ve been expecting me apparently. I eventually met with some person who reassured me that I didn’t have to cut off a finger or do something for them in return. I was fully expecting them to ask me to perform a hit for them since Master probably mentioned some of my abilities to them. So once I heard where Master was being held and that someone was going to help out, I ran back outside and gunned it all the way there. Only slowing down once I got closer so that I didn’t alarm the police.

I parked next to… I’m guessing it’s my partner. I mean aside from all of the cop cars, there’s not many other people here. So yep, it must be her. She’s definitely different than what I was expecting. I was expecting like a guy in like a nice suit and sunglasses or something even fancier! Like one of those bulletproof spy catsuits that I keep hearing about!

“Yahallo! I’m Nao the girl who requested the help. Nice to meet... you... Miss...”

What was the name of the person I was supposed to meet again? Don’t tell me, I might have started talking to the wrong person! Are there any shady looking people around here? Anyone trying to discreetly get my attention like a dirty cop working for the yaki udon!?

Yamashita Hiro
    Shinto - Streets
    Night Phase

The Magi's quest for excellency is a never-ending one. When one hits the jackpot at the casino, one should restrain oneself from making any further bets and leave. At the very least, that is what an outsider would recommend. Ultimately, the choice falls upon one's shoulder. However, for Magi, such mentality is not allowed. If anything, a single success among a field of death and failure is enough to revitalize the flame that drives them towards inhuman methods of research. For that reason, even after being able to perform a feat that's nothing short of a miracle, the Yamashita keep searching for ways to improve their craft further, as rare as they might be, and even if there is a high chance that what happened to you might never repeat itself again. So, after spying on a certain network of communications they are familiar with, and hearing rumors about a 'servant signature' coming from the city of Fuyuki, it was fated that you would be sent to investigate the source.

According to the records, an entity on the level of a Servant has not been sighted in the past twenty-years, however, written records are not the most trustworthy source of information in this day and age where several organizations have already incorporated technology to a degree in their investigations. That record might as well be outdated, or perhaps the author never got a chance to write the truth on paper. Granted, communication networks do not fall behind when it comes to the possibility of a message being a trap or a complete lie. That said, since that message came straight from [xxxxxxx], then it is probably true. And, if that's the case, then it is best you hurry. For a team will surely be deployed with haste, and your chances for research might as well be gone the moment they set foot on this city.

Unfortunately, you do not have enough to tell where exactly in Fuyuki you are supposed to find this 'Servant-signature'. What you do have is elementary knowledge of the land and its leylines, as well as locations of interest where spirits could gather. The city's central park and its graveyard are only a few examples. It is at this time of the night where the appearance of a spirit is more likely, whether or not that spirit was called forth by a human or manifested into this era on their own.

On the other hand, a more straightforward approach would be to ask the priest in charge for guidance. The Holy Church has been watching over the land for a long time now and it would be foolish to believe that they would be oblivious as to what's going on under their jurisdiction. Of course, members from the Holy Church and the Mage's Association do not tend to see each other eye to eye, so the whole thing might turn out to be more trouble than what it's worth. Not to mention, it might expose your presence here to the church agents living here, as well...

Regardless, it'll probably be for the best if you take a decision swiftly, as a storm is on its way.

It appears you've picked the wrong night to go on patrol.

-------

Alicia Rosenkopf
    Miayama - [...]'s Residence
    Night Phase

A loud noise, like that of shattered glass, forces your eyes open.

It's late at night so naturally you were sleeping until about just a moment ago. Though in Japan the use of a fuuton is more common among the populace, it's hard to deny the comfiness of a real bed. That must be the reason why you chose the guest room to spend the night. In any case, while the sound probably didn't come from inside the house, it certainly came from somewhere close-by, and as a good citizen, you shouldn't ignore that. Someone could be in trouble, after all. Fuyuki was a peaceful place for the most part, but naughty adults often ruined that sense of harmony for time to time. You were telling the truth, after all, you can speak from experience.

Not bothering to change out of the pajamas you borrowed, you make your way towards the living room. The guest room does not have a proper street-view, so if you wanted to investigate, heading to the living room is the best choice. Since it's danger to open the front door when strangers may be around, you decide to stay clear from the entrance for the time being. You venture through the house in the dark, the noise of shattering glass repeating a few more times as your timidly press onwards. It's almost as if some mischievous fairy had taken possession of all the kitchen glasses and was dropping them to the floor one by one.

As you reach your destination, you come across the bodies of a couple, their corpses laying disorderly on the floor. Illuminated only by the moonlight, the blood that decorates the floor and the walls is hard to perceive and yet the room remains overcharged with dread. Ah, without a shadow of a doubt, those two must have been its victims. Perhaps because their hearts are no longer beating, or rather, because you know their hearts are no longer where they have once been, you almost completely ignore the scene. Diligently set on doing what you told yourself you would do, you grab the nearest chair, you place it next to the window and then stand on it. Pulling aside the curtains, you take a peek of what is going on outside.

And what you see... Is something horrifying.

Though its should be too dark to see...

... Your gaze falls on the figure of a man having just recently been 'pinned' to the floor by being impaled by numerous crystal-like polearms. The sight makes you nearly fall from the chair as you quickly hide yourself from view. Under these circumstances, a normal citizen would immediately call the police. That said, for you things might be a little bit different...

To recklessly run to his aid or to remain here and ignore it.

As your heart beating accelerates, you realize these are the only choices Alicia Rosenkopf can make right now.

Hiyako Tsurara
    Miyama - The Sleeping Bishop
    Night Phase

While it's true that the fancy hotels in Shinto might have what it takes welcome a guest of high status like yourself, there is an unquestionable charm in the tradition preserved within Miyama. Ultimately, that is the reason why you've decided to accommodate in the Sleeping Bishop, the biggest and most elegant place to stay there on the left side of the city. This household has quite the history to it, too. According to your sources, through the generation this place served as both the home and base of operations for a number of Magi, none of them being directly related by blood. Still, a Magus Killer, the survivor of a grand conflict and later, the temporal refuge of a Magus branded with a sealing designation. Hoh, that's somewhat unexpected for a quiet town such as this. But, in a sense, you can't say that's unexpected. Magi try to separate from society and seek isolated places to conduct their research. By that logic, Fuyuki is an ideal location within Japan. Your reason for coming here are similar in that regard. It is in calm cities like this that business can flourish splendidly. Well, the kind of business you run anyways.

"[...] And those are the words of Mayor Asama, who has just consolidated his power over the city of Fuyuki after last week's poll. He has taken it upon himself to-"

Having failed to find anything to entertain you within the limited repertoire the old-fashioned T.V. has to offer, you put an end to the transmission with the touch of a button. Truly, at this time of the night, there is little to do other than allowing oneself to fall asleep. However, feeling somewhat restless, you understand that your body won't give in that easily. Perhaps a night walk is in order. You dress in accordance to the circumstances and then slide the Japanese-styled door open.

"...?"

Well, you certainly did not expect to see activity at this time of the night. While the lights in the hallway have been turned off -most likely in order to not disturb the majority of the guests staying there-, one of the doors that leads to the garden is illuminated. Without putting much thought into it, you venture through the household, headed in that direction and guided by nothing but the desire to eradicate your own boredom. As you do, you cannot help but notice just how... Exposed the Sleeping Bishop is. The fact that this served as a Magi's workshop sounds almost surreal. Magi do not only seek secluded locations to settle down, they also keep creating barriers between them and the society that surrounds them. A workshop is exactly that. So while one may accept the theory that one of the Magi to be unorthodox in a way, the idea of at least three of them, each not related by blood to the last, accepting this place as it is cannot be called anything but ridiculous. Although perhaps...

Maybe the first one built the pillars of what it is today, and the second and third, unable to not appreciate the freedom that this place embodies, continued building upon them. Wouldn't that be somewhat poetic, if that was the case...? Maybe then, Magi would be able to recover some of the humanity they traded of for their powers.

As you reach the garden, even before you think about taking a step outside, the atmosphere becomes rather tense. Yeah, instinctively, you can tell that what lies ahead is violence of some sort. That's what your sense of smell tells you. And indeed, as you take a peek...

---You see two people fighting barehanded, giving it their all.

"Haahh-!"

The boy must be at least a couple of years younger than you. Paying no mind to the reality that he is fighting someone of the opposite gender, he throws a punch without the slightest sense of hesitation. Even you can tell that his fist is packed with quite a bit of power behind it and there are little if any error in the way he moves.

However.

He's being careless. His opponent is not one he can approach that way given his current level of strength.

As if to prove the meaning behind your guess work, the green haired maid standing on the receiving end shoves his arm aside with a single yet firm motion, breaks his stance by stepping into his zone of comfort and follows up with an open palm thrust that sends the boy in a one-way trip towards the ground. That's all it takes.

As expected, when it comes to hand-to-hand combat, the girl is on a completely different level.

You can hear him coughing as he slowly picks himself up, aiming for round two.

Training, huh? The people of this town sure were weird.

At some point, your feet drove you closer to the edge of the corridor next to the garden. Even if your presence is not concealed anymore, it doesn't look like the fighters have yet to either notice or acknowledge it.

"Hmmm? Enjoying the view?"

However, the same cannot be said about the red-haired woman who has taken a seat close to your position, her golden cat-like eyes fixated on you.

"Sit down. We should watch this match together."

Warm, gentle and hospitable words, a mask of the animal that lies beneath.

In other words, like you, this woman is a monster.
    Last edited by hero; December 31st, 2019 at 12:14 PM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alicia Rosenkopf
    Miayama - [...]'s Residence
    Night Phase

Alicia couldn't move. She felt frozen, transfixed in place, unable to avert her eyes from the ghastly tableau unfolding in front of her. Alicia gulped, trying to calm her racing nerves, as her mind scrambled to make sense of the impossible events taking place.

What was going on out there? Some guy was being impaled by a weird crystal... monster... thing? Seriously, it was like something out of a horror movie, and the kind her grandma had told her not to watch before bedtime at that. How could something like this be happening in reality?

Wait, a dream! This had to be some kind of crazy dream... she hadn't eaten anything weird before going to bed, but young girls often had overactive imaginations. At least, that's what her grandma had told her back when she'd come crawling into her bed after awakening from nightmares in the past.

To test her theory Alicia brought one finger to her lips and bit it, just hard enough to draw blood. The liquid trickling down her hand was crimson, undeniably real blood. Alicia's budding sigh of relief felt like it turned to lead in her throat. So this was real after all. She never bled in her dreams, and she'd seen enough blood in her young life to tell real from illusory. But that just brought her back to her previous question. If this was real, how could something so awful be happening?

Alicia's musings were interupted by a scream coming from outside the window. Alicia saw that whatever it was in the shadows had just driven another crystalline lance into the prone man. He howled in agony, trying to lean out of the way to mitigate the damage but helpless with so much of his body already pinned down.

It was a grotesque scene. The clear shimmering stakes that gleamed in the pale moonlight were lodged in the man's body at multiple points along his arms, legs and even several through his torso. He looked like a bloody hedgehog, Alicia thought, immediately shoving the morbid thought into the back of her mind. She was amazed he was still clinging to life in such an injured state. It seemed that whether accidentally or on purpose, the stakes had only pierced nonvital spots on his body.

And if he was still alive, that meant he could still be saved. Alicia clenched her fists at her sides. She had to do something. In all the girl's adventure novels she'd read, the plucky heroine would always rush forth to help an innocent in peril without thinking of her own life. And besides, Alicia reminded herself, she wasn't just some helpless child. She had a power that ordinary humans didn't possess. Alicia didn't fancy herself a religious person, but she believed she must've been given these powers for a reason.

"That's right!" Alicia exclaimed aloud, feeling a sudden surge of resolve wash over her and banish the lingering dread in her gut. "Don't worry mister, I'll definitely save you!" Ignoring the mangled bodies strewn across the living room floor, Alicia darted towards the front door. With fingers still trembling from fear she flung it open and stepped outside. Alicia shivered as the cool night air rushed to embrace her body. She felt glad she wore her pajamas to bed tonight instead of her bra and panties. Even if it was to save someone's life, she'd die from embarrassment if someone saw her skulking about half-naked like that.

Shaking such thoughts out of her mind, Alicia turned around to where she'd seen the unlucky victim. He was still lying there on the street next to the house. Well, with the numerous spears piercing his body, he wasn't exactly going anywhere fast. It was too dark for her to see whatever had done this to him though. The nearest streetlight had been shattered so the whole road had been cast in a deep shadow that made it impossible to see anything but the barest details.

Alicia swallowed nervously. It had been one thing to proclaim she was going to rush out to help from the safety of her home (well, not hers strictly speaking, but you get the idea!). Now that she was staring into the unknown danger head-on the fear threatened to drown her hastily formed courage.

Countless images flashed through Alicia's mind of all the gruesome ways she might meet her end here. Skewered, torn apart, devoured by the terrifying monster that lurked in the shadowy depths. If this was a visual novel, Alicia had no doubt the choice she made here could decide whether she met a 'Bad End' or not.

Whatever the thing that had done this was, Alicia hadn't gotten its attention yet. That meant she still had time to escape. She could turn tail and run away, not sparing a glance for the man and the horrific fate likely awaiting him. Maybe even over time she could convince herself that what she'd seen was just a bad dream, a night terror that had gotten out of hand. That's right. In the face of a horror that surpassed human rationality, running away was the only logical thing to do.

...Like hell! Alicia grit her teeth defiantly. There was no way she was giving in to fear and running away now. That man needed her help, and that meant she had to try and save him, no matter how scared she was. That was her duty as the girl called Alicia Rosenkopf, no, as a human being.

Mustering her courage Alicia stepped forth into the gloom. The man was only about ten, maybe fifteen feet away so she quickly caught up to him even at a light sprint. When she got close enough, Alicia knelt down next to the man to inspect his wounds. "A-are you okay? Can you hear me?" she called out concernedly. It was a ridiculous question, she knew. No one could possibly qualify as 'okay' with several lances of otherworldly origin buried in their gut. But the words escaped Alicia's lips before she had time to consider them.

"Graghk..." the man rasped. His throat worn raw from screaming, all he could do was groan weakly in an attempt to communicate. Still, at least he was still conscious, Alicia thought with relief.

"Don't worry, I can help you," Alicia said in her best attempt at a reassuring tone. Though now that she spoke it aloud she realized with a pang of shame that she hadn't actually thought what to do next. She'd been so focused on facing her fears she neglected to consider how she'd help the man once she reached him. Now, staring at the figure of the man pinned to the ground by at least a dozen bloody stakes, Alicia found herself at a loss for what to do.

Should she pull them out? Alicia recalled hearing on TV once that pulling out a bullet from someone whose just been shot actually just makes them more likely to bleed out. But she couldn't exactly just leave him here either. Alicia tugged at her blonde locks in consternation. Ugh, why did human bodies have to be complicated and confusing!?

Ka-shunk!

A heavy, dull thud cut Alicia's internal monologue in its tracks. Looking down, Alicia saw another crystalline spear had suddenly lodged in the ground at her feet. At first she didn't even have time to feel scared. Alicia stared blankly at the glass-like object, entranced by its polished sheen. How could a weapon of death be so beautiful?

An instant later every instinct in Alicia's body screamed at her to dodge. She flung herself to the side just in time to avoid a second spear that impaled the ground where she was standing a second ago. Falling on her butt with an undignified squeak, Alicia shuffled backwards to put some distance from her attacker.

Slowly, a shape began to emerge from the darkness. It was still wrapped in shadows so Alicia couldn't make out the thing's features, but it was...

It was...
    Last edited by RoydGolden; December 4th, 2019 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Added image

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hiyako Tsurara
    Night Phase

Hollow news without meaning trickle on her hears, and Hiyako Tsurara shook them of with a wave of her hand an annoyed press of a button. The TV buzzed slightly, and the noise ceased immediately.

With a sigh, she stood up, somewhat impatiently walking around the room. It was spacious and luxurious enough, in that simpler and less ostentatious style she often favored. It was one of the reasons she had chosen the place, after all.

But maybe next time she should look up what TV channels are accessible before settling on a lodge.

A second sigh. The heiress of the Hiyako family, and future leader of the Kuroitsume Clan, one of the biggest yakuza outfits of Japan, was about to be overwhelmed with pure boredom.

Right. Night walk it is. At least that should help her settle down a little. She often wondered if this restlessness of hers was a quirk of her particular nature. It probably was, but if so, there was little she could do about it.

She walked out of her room, dressed in a light kimono that covered her figure, unlike her usual dressing style consisting of a western dress. If the night was chilly, she didn’t feel it.

Immediately noticing the abnormality, the door that led to one of the gardens illuminated despite the lateness of the night, she wandered off towards it, moved by simple curiosity and the desire to do away with her boredom. As she went, she noted, like she had made so many times, the details of the place.

Clinically analyzing it, it wasn’t nothing like one would expect of a magi’s abode. Too exposed, hard to defend due to its size, without any noticeable advantages in its positioning or construction. It was strange, and yet she didn’t doubt her sources had been telling the truth. Idly, she wondered if the old bounded field around the mansion could be restored. A question to forward to her retinue later if it became relevant.

In the space of a few moments, she arrived to the garden, and witnessed two people having a barehanded fight. No, perhaps it could only be called training. Almost immediately, she started her clinical analysis of both. It was a subconscious act, something she had been drilled to do always. Always analyze your opponents. Always analyze those around you. That was how you got ahead in life.

The boy wasn’t bad, but she instantly dismissed him as an amateur. He had fighting experience, a decent stance, and his punch had almost no wasted movement. In fact, for a normal human, if he was a normal human, the level could be considered rather high.

No. The problem resided in his approach, on the first place.

The opponent he’s fighting is not one he can reach through a direct approach.

Master recognized master, and Tsurara was easily able to tell the green-haired man was a true master of martial arts. She was far above the boy in terms of skill, and that was the reason why the outcome was decided the moment the boy acted.

You only use the direct approach against someone you’re physically superior to, or more skilled than.

In a way, it was almost poetic, ‘the outcome was decided the moment he acted’, but she was sure the boy wasn’t in the mood to appreciate the aesthetics of the situation when he crashed against the ground, just like she had predicted.

Interesting. You didn’t usually see actual masters of martial arts nowadays. Whoever she was, the identity of this maid couldn’t be a common one.

And then there was…

Quote Originally Posted by Red-haired Woman
    "Hmmm? Enjoying the view?"

“Yes.” It is the sincere and curt reply.

Just like master recognizes master, monster recognizes monster. And just like Tsurara, this woman was undoubtedly a monster. Eyes of a pale light blue, just like ice, met golden eyes like those of a cat. Indeed. Neither of them were human, although she could only guess at which brand of monster this woman was.

“To both.” She continued, accepting the invitation.

Then, remembering something, she bowed slightly towards her, reddish orange hair like dark gold bobbing slightly. “Excuse me for the intrusion.” Tsurara’s voice was polite and soft.

Then, with a few steps, she elegantly seated herself besides the woman, showing no discomfort at all at the presence of the inhuman.

And hey, watching this training session beat listening to someone drone on about politics.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Blog Entries
    Yamashita Hiro
    Shinto - Streets
    Night Phase

If one has ever had the opportunity to witness the footsteps of a newborn colt or fawn, the first thing that comes to mind is an understanding of a certain awkward grace. a sentiment that paradoxically displays weakness, yet holds the promise of power. Observing the young lord known as Yamashita Hiro, there would have been similarities. He took every step carefully, with caution and purpose, always quick to hold onto the long thin walking stick he carried, as if certain the next step was going to result in some horrible fall that he would have to rescue himself with the staff.

In a very real sense he was just wandering. The sending from his family had redirected him from training in the woods, and the information provided had been sparse at best. Supposedly this small town, far in the east had been the result of a grand feat of magic far greater then the one that had fueled the Yamashita Rise, and there was a correlation there between the two which could not be ignored. Even if the odds were a thousand to one against any relevant data being unearthed, a magus lord knew to look at the one chance of success and to discount the thousand chances of failure.

There were many things that the young man should be focusing on. The need for shelter, simple yet important was one. After all...if there was one thing that could shake the noble lad's composure...he absolutely hated getting wet. Seeing to the local authority was also on the docket. He had no quarrel with the local agents. It would be diplomatic to pay his respects and seek assurances that the usual packs of non-interference would be adhered to. And of course, as a matter of course, Hiro preferred to be respectful to the local authorities.

...However...

These things to a back seat to the most pressing concern. There was a ritual that was paramount to he and his. A pattern that had held true for the longest length of time imaginable, and he was the heir to this calling. It was because of such he found himself wandering through the grass, his dark eyes softly reflecting the light of the stars back to their creators. Yamashita mages were skilled in understanding the flow of old prana, magical paths to the past. With the Sight granted by eyes suddenly flecked with dusky gold, he saw into a story that few today could read the pages of. During a great war, a powerful mage, certainly a Servant, had gathered the ley-lines into a powerful Nexus, generating nearly unheard of levels of magical energy. The fulcrum of such appeared to be a shrine at the top of a large path. Theoretically, that location would be the best for the ritual.

There was unfortunately, a difference between courtesy and unveiling the family secrets. As a result, instead, Hiro found himself inspecting an old park, one that bore the traces of some ancient fire and cataclysm. A place of tragedy, where the march of humanity had been pushed back, a place where the Other Side of the World was closer to the surface, the veil was thin. It was here that Hiro thought would be appropriate for a ritual of belonging.

Some mages somehow did not feel the effects of a transfer to a new land, able to call upon their mystic formulas despite the grounding of such being far from the end point of the journey. Other families had traveled, carrying their mysticism with them, only to learn that in fact, the journey had rendered them magically barren, the end of a line, doomed to watch their proud mystic heritage end with them. the Yamashita clan, and the mystic foundation upon which it relied was powerful, but sharply limited in its ability to transition. to counter act this...

Rather like a story book magician, Hiro raised his staff at the flows of prana and peeking spirit world that coursed around the path of the ley-line, letting such swirl through him. It was a temporary ritual of belonging. Unlike the great sorcerer who had co-opted the ley-line, claiming it for his or her own, Hiro did exactly the opposite, allowing the land's magic to recognize him, albeit temporarily as its own. His own mana swirled in dark red swirls around his body, wrapping round him in a sickly hue. Unnatural certainly. However the land's mana was bright, unseen yet undoubtedly alive.

Though the need to have to establish the circle wherever he went was somewhat annoying and time consuming, once completed, he was in act and deed a mage of Fuyuki, a native of the land, whose mystic formulations were part of the earth. It was only as the ritual began to conclude, that he turned young eyes into and through the underbrush, seeking the paths of the spirits that might have crawled from the underbrush in curiosity as to the nature of the magical invocation.

That brought a rare smile to the young lord's face. Supposedly curiosity killed the you know what. But without the desire to learn, to experience the unknown, life was not even worth living in the first place.

Wise up

??? Hiro appears to have the ability to see through the mundane. The exact details and means of such are unknown!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Takanashi Kotoha
    Night Phase

“Haaaah…”

Takanashi Kotoha was definitely not pleased with the current state of affairs. She was well aware of the nature of debts inthe Yakuza, of how certain things absolutely had to be paid back, but why inthe world were they asking her to do it? She had plans! Like shopping! And above all else, this wasn’t even something she was good at. What did they want her to do, charge into a police station guns blazing?

Her partner suddenly arrived, parking a motorcycle next to hers, and Kotoha decided that if she could leave a good impression maybe this wouldn’t be a waste of time after all, and put on an award-winning smile at twisting older guys around her fingertips.

“Yahallo! I’m Naothe girl who requested the help. Nice to meet... you... Miss...”
    Tragically this was not a guy, and especially not a cute guy. It was a girl her age… As hypocritical as it was for her to be complaining about it, she’d do it anyway. Especially if they were airheaded asthat… Kotoha might be frivolous, but she prided herself on her professionalism! This was anything but…

“Yahallo! I’m Kotoha,” she replies, trying to match the other girl’s ditzy cheer while ignoring the frustration growing in her heart. This is the worst. Terrible assignment. She’s going to talk Takehaya’s ear off when she’s done with this.

She offhandedly glanced at the bikes. It’s like if two girls went to a mixer and ended up wearing the same dress. Like, if only one of them wore it, it’d be fine, but if they both wear it, then it’s just hella tacky. That’s how she feels right now.

“Nice bike,” she says, but it’s merely pleasantries. Giving the other girl a once-over, Kotoha is completely lost on how this makers the situation any better or worse. Maybe that was how the others looked at her… Well, in that case, it wouldn’t hurt to probe things out.

“If you’re the person requesting help,” Kotoha says, “you have a plan, right?”
    Last edited by Katie; November 21st, 2019 at 03:20 AM.

Hiyako Tsurara
    Night Phase

"..."

The woman drew a smile, content with your decision. It is not a smile filled with warmth, but rather one that acknowledges that you have made the right choice. And, perhaps, there is also the fact that a certain theory of her own has been confirmed in a way. Like you, this woman is a monster and, also like you, she is someone who commands a great amount of power. Though you have little to go by... Given her choice of words, body language and all-around boss-like personality, it would be a surprise to you if she turned out to be someone other than the one who owns and runs this place. Your conversation is cut short, however, as the match resumes. You understand that, in front of this person, there are times when you are allowed to speak, and others where it is best to remain silent. For while the two of you may be similar in a way, you are but a guest who comes from a different land. The authority you command here is but a shadow of what it would be in your hometown. There, you can bend fate to your will. Here, in Fuyuki, though, let's just say that there are some who stand higher than you in the food chain.

What could have been a barrage of punches fired relentlessly one after another has its future denied during the first exchange. The maid catches it and with seemingly little effort but undeniable force, she turns her foe into a marionette, quickly disrupting his balance once more and slamming him into the ground in front of her. The green haired woman is both merciless and respectful. She treats the boy with due respect and does not overstep her boundaries as a servant. At the same time, she moves no more than necessary and does not continue her assault once her partner momentarily loses the ability to fight back. That is not to say that she is not merciless. The proper method of teaching is showing the other how a technique is executed slowly and then in real time. In contrast, the maid simply continues to establish herself as an unmovable wall, an invincible gatekeeper who will not anyone walk past her.

That's why her methods for training are brutal.

The boy's body may break before all those moves are engraved into his body.

"Should we conclude our session, Master M-"

"Just one more round. I feel like I am starting to get it."

The maid suggests to leave it there, but the boy cuts her short and insists on one more round. To that, the woman sitting next to you responds with a stern look. For her, their performance has already concluded. If that is so, then her will shall become reality.

"Enough." The red haired lady declares, her voice clear enough to be noticed, yet not loud enough to wake up the rest of the guests. "You may continue your training tomorrow. For now, head back to your room. It's time for you to sleep."

Already aware of the kind of woman he'd be dealing with if he did not comply with her request, the boy reluctantly dusts his clothing off and heads over towards the main building. Naturally, you are in the way, so he takes notice of you. His gaze is sharp and his aura hostile, but it does not feel remotely close to that of the owner of the Sleeping Bishop. If the two of you are natural born leaders meant to rule from the top, then maybe he's more like the fool who'll simply shoot a powerful glare from the bottom level. One with a rebellious spirit that has seen near no equal.

"..."

Silence. It's clear that if you weren't directly in the way he'd walk past you without sparing a word or greeting. But since you are, he cannot simply walk over you, as that would be way too rude, an insult that in this household is accompanied by a death sentence. With that in mind, he moves a few steps to the left, slides another door open and ventures back into the inside of the hotel. Well, that was rude nonetheless, and you can tell by the red haired woman's expression that she is not all that pleased with his gesture.

"Master Hiyako." Meanwhile, the maid acknowledges your presence with honorifics and a courteous bow. "Please forgive Master Masaki. It takes a while for him to open his heart to newcomers."

"Nevermind that. I believe it is time we introduce ourselves." The other woman cuts in. "To further showcase bad manners would be a rather grievous sin for us..."

"My name is Takagi Akane. This household, this land... They both fall under my possession and under my supervision. In other words, I am the manager. This is one of my Servants, Sakaki Yuuna."

"At your service."

"Now, pray tell... What is your business with the local Yakuza? Depending on your answer, I might need to act in accordance. After all, for the head of the Kuroitsume to come all the way to this forsaken city... What else could it be, if not a bad omen...?"

Alicia Rosenkopf
    Miyama - Streets
    Night Phase

"Hah... Ah..."

With a subtle sprint, a figure comes rushing into view. Illuminated by moonlight, there stands a little girl with sky blue hair and sky blue eyes. Her clothing and accessories also match this color trend. But perhaps the most outstanding thing about this person is that she does not fit the scene your brain is trying to portray. While there is no doubt that the crystal like projectiles came from her direction, the fact that she looks exhausted and, much like you, terrified, collides directly with the image of a natural born killer you have in your mind. It is only after the next couple of words come out of her mouth, fired like a desperate prayer, that you realize that you may have misjudged the situation.

"P-Please get away! It's dangerous!"

"..."

You turn to face the man, the victim of such a string of deadly attacks, but when you do, all you see is
    Nothingness
    a pitch-black body
    , his features and distinctive traits completely eradicated, down to the pained expression that 'it' used to wear moments ago. That's right, it can no longer be called a man. If anything, it is a daemon. Its possible that what Alicia Rosenkopf saw and heard was nothing but an illusion to lure her out of the safety of the house where she resided. That would explain why she's the only one in the neighborhood who came in response to the 'man's' desperate plea for help. And only now you notice the light mist that has seemingly spread across the area...

---Your heart skips a beat.

Time is brought to an abrupt halt as you stare at the void that is its existence. You don't need to be told to understand that fighting back against this fantastical being is well beyond your reach. Within the realm of the supernatural, it might not be a high-ranked phenomenon, but if its enemy is humanity, then that barely matters. That thing will annihilate any human without fail. And you are no exception.

"...!"

The force behind the blow is enough to tear the pavement apart. It should be obvious by this point that any human being caught in it would have been reduced to a bloody pulp of flesh. Who then, is more surprised? The shade who failed to hit the mark, or the little girl whose life was spared by the works of fate?

Having jumped a distance that certainly does not befit a normal person, you stare at the 'beast' as you try to catch your breath. At the last moment, your self-preservation instincts kicked in and your body moved itself out of the way, escaping the attack by a hair's breath. That sort of miracle... Might not repeat itself again.

A moment later, you see the shade be impaled by at least six crystal-like spikes. Aimed with finesse, each hits a vital point with pinpoint accuracy. However, this seems to do nothing but slow it a little bit. This thing has nothing comparable to vital organs. Its possible that nothing short of an exorcism will truly banish this daemon.

"Please!" The girl repeats one more time. "If you cannot fight, then please run away!"

From the looks of it, this girl, who appears to be neck-deep into the supernatural world, is a ranged fighter. In other words, she cannot get close to the monster because that would spell her doom. Thus, there is a limit on what she can do to ensure your safety. If you remain there as a mundane bystander, you are most likely going to die.

With this is mind, you...
    Last edited by hero; November 21st, 2019 at 08:22 AM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alicia Rosenkopf
    Miyama - Streets
    Night Phase

Alicia's mind reeled in disbelief. In just a few seconds, the tidy scene she'd assembled in her mental eye crumbled away like brittle stone. What she'd pictured as a terrifying monster had actually been just a frightened girl only around her own age. While the "innocent victim" had in reality been the true monster, wearing a mask of humanity to lure her closer, like a lamb to the slaughter.

Alicia cursed her naivity. She should've known better than to trust an adult, even one who looked so pitiful.

...Well, the creature before her could hardly be called an adult at this point. More like a vaguely humanoid mass of shadow. Details, details.

But now wasn't the time to berate herself. Alicia had to act. That young girl had been fighting this monster all by herself. Fighting a battle that normal humans couldn't see or even understand. No one would come to help her, no one would praise her for a job well done. But still she continued to fight. For what? Justice? Revenge? To protect the things she held dear? Alicia didn't understand, but she knew she couldn't abandon this girl's desperate struggle.

And besides, that girl wielded powers similar to her. Alicia had never put much thought into where her abilities came from. She figured they'd been a gift from some higher power, or maybe a mutation that let her unlock more of her brain's latent potential like she'd seen in some cheesy sci-fi movies. But now, seeing the girl hurl those crystalline spears at the shadowy monster, Alicia realized there were others who held power like hers. Even though she was little more than a stranger, Alicia couldn't help but see a kindred spirit in those wide blue eyes.

Well that settled it then. She would fight. "Sorry, girl-whose-name-I-don't-know!" Alicia cried out sheepishly. "I can't run away right now! Instead, let's kick this thing's butt together okay?!" The other girl glanced at her incredulously before loosing yet another volley of limpid javelins at the daemon. They connected with the same lack of effect as before, sinking harmlessly in the monster's shadowy body like a fork into squishy cheesecake.

'Right, she still thinks I'm just a normal civilian at this point,' Alicia thought to herself. 'Explaining will take too long, I'll just have to show her what I'm capable of!'

With those words Alicia closed her eyes. She pictured in her mind's eye glass shards, swirling and splintering apart in a dark void. Magical energy surged through her body, a rush of power Alicia could only perceive as chillingly cold and searingly hot at the same time. Yet, strangely enough, it wasn't unpleasant. Letting the feeling wash over her, Alicia kept focusing on the shards. Silently willing them to reform. To join together into something, anything she could use to defend herself. A weapon.

When Alicia opened her eyes, two jagged shortsword-sized blades of broken glass had materialized in her hands. They were crudely formed, giving the impression they'd shatter after only one or two blows. Yet they were more than enough for Alicia's purposes. "Shard Fangs," Alicia recited the name she'd given the spell, more for effect than anything else.

Then she charged at the monster.
    Last edited by RoydGolden; December 4th, 2019 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Added image

Yamashita Hiro
    Shinto - Fuyuki's Central Park
    Night Phase

Like former war battlefields, the Fuyuki Central Park is a place filled with grudges, the air charged with negative emotions that any one sensitive enough would be able to perceive. It has been thirty years since the tragedy that befell Shinto's City Hall which was the center of a conflagration that caught in flames the entirety of the Residential District. After that, part of that territory was not rebuilt, perhaps to serve as a monument that would keep the memory of cataclysm alive for the generations to come. And so, instead of becoming a place to hang out, it has turned into a place to avoid whenever possible for those who have lived here for most of their lives. Indeed, even after so many years, there is still not a trace of green to be found. Not a speck of hope to be found in its forsaken territory.

However, it is an area favored by undead creatures, spirits who feed on the leftover feelings and thoughts that remain after the passing of a human being. Though it would be incredibly rare for them to reveal their presence at daytime, the late hours of the night are a completely different story. When you add all of this together, you get a location that is more than suitable for all sorts of rituals, including the summoning of a Heroic Spirit. And, even if this Heroic Spirit you are after manifested itself on its own, the park also provided an alternative source of sustenance in the form of wraiths.

As expected, you spot a pair of wraith dancing around the air, your ritual having caught their attention. Normally, such a low level apparition would be considered harmless to humans. In the first place, to interact with the physical plane, they most likely need some sort of medium to do so. And as frail and innocent as you look, there is not a chance that they can take over your body. If they do so much as try, it would certainly end badly for them...

The problem here is that these spirits are not your only finding. Not far from them lays a blue haired woman wearing what looks like a lab coat or a medic's attire, her face facing the ground. She is either a corpse or someone/something has knocked her out cold. From this distance, you can't really say, but...

Regardless, she is a prime candidate for possession, and a grudge-driven wraith will not let such opportunity slip by. It could be bad if you decided to ignore the situation, even more so if you consider that you may be responsible for this spiritual gathering.

Blog Entries
    Yamashita Hiro
    Night Phase

There was a certain satisfaction following the completion of the ritual of belonging. Like...the feeling of returning home after a long day at study, announcing, “I’m home!” and hearing a “welcome home!" in reply A transition from a world that belongs to everyone, to one that is home to you and yours. Even besides the powers created by his gold tinged eyes, the true reason that the spirits were visible because now he was part of their world.

...Which of course didn’t mean that they were friends of course, but they tolerated his presence in a way they would not an “outsider.”

Well, they were not interested in him anyway. At the sight of the shiftless spirits, Hiro remembered a story his sire had once told him in a cautionary note. A story of how dozens of spirits could bind together in an unholy abomination, capable of shredding through magic and fortification like a knife hot knife through butter.

The memory always made Hiro...shiver.

Why? Well..probably for the same reason that, as he began to slowly pace towards that fallen doctor, the spirits began to writhe in intermingled arousal and anxiety. Ah yes. Hiro and those spirits now lived in the same world all right.

The world of “predator and prey.” Yes...that tail of that grail conglomeration of spirits...it awalys made the young boy shiver...because it just sounded so delicious.

It was the sight of hungry gold eyes that acted as a better repellent then any sutra, any whispered prayer, any scattered salt. Hidden in the darkness, only unleashed when there were no prying eyes save his own....

Hiro wore the eyes of a spirit devourer, consumer of exactly that which had been caught creeping up to the prone form. How many times in nature had it played out, the hungry mouse sees the delicious seed...only to be eaten by the waiting cat. Had Hiro so wished, he could have repressed his aura and then ate a bountiful feast on the approaching spirits but…

Well, mercy was the luxury of the well fed. The boy wasn’t to hungry right now. It was logical to not waste food. And it would be...unfortunate if the doctor rose in time to see him mid slaughter. Magi had to practice discretion. Therefor the young lad was content to simply offer a non idle threat to the spirits of possession

You eat, I eat. Those dusky eyes stated.

Thus, it was with no particular rush that the young scion to the Yamashita name made his way to the unmoving woman. It was only then that, rather resembling water dripping from the bottom of a leaky barrel, the gold shimmer to his eyes faded, returning to a rather unremarkable black hue.

Placing a finger to the woman’s throat to check her pulse, he roused in a friendly, if somewhat chiding fashion.

“I won’t deny the pleasures of a relaxing nap miss. But perhaps this isn’t really the place? Come now, let’s get you home.”
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Shiba Nao
    Night Phase

Quote Originally Posted by Kotoha
    “Yahallo! I’m Kotoha,”
    Oh no! She didn’t look too happy. Did I actually just stop some random person and asked them for help?! I can’t believe I missed up already… Or did Master already plan for me to meet this person and then use them to get close? Then what? Use them as a hostage? I wish Master would stick to simple orders like beat that person up, fetch the newspaper, or kill everyone in that room. Instead she gives me these weird orders that make no sense…

“Nice bike”
    “Eh? You like Hayachin?” I finally looked over at Kotoha’s motorcycle and finally realized why, “Your Hayachin looks great as well! Doesn’t it feel great when you’re going at like max speed and passing everyone left and right? I get such a thrill when I pull a hairpin turn on it! Like what was that place called again… Mt. Tongue?”

I probably would’ve talked more about how fun it was to ride a Hayabusa, but Kotoha reminded me why I'm here.

“If you’re the person requesting help, you have a plan, right?”
    A plan? Wait if Kotoha is asking me what the plan was, then that must mean she is from the Yaku Udons! But do I have a plan? I tried thinking about if Master gave me any hints about what I was supposed to do in this scenario... Hmmm... Nope. Nothing. Absolutely nothing! All I can think for a plan is just kill all of the small fries and break Master out by force. But then why would I need the Yaki Udon’s and Kotoha’s help… Maybe they have some way of getting her out without me killing everyone in the police precinct before burning it all down?

“I was thinking about killing everyone except for Master in the police station… But I could’ve done that by myself… So do you have some kind of secret technique to convince them to let Master out? Like hypnosis or some cool magic thingy.”

Yeah! That had to be it! Kotoha was probably a master magic user. So she could probably use those abilities to hypnotize everyone or kill them all instantly!
    Last edited by Kuroyuki; November 25th, 2019 at 09:11 AM.

It was only when the plane had begun its descent through the cloud cover that I could make out some attestation of the world's existence outside that tiny window, beyond the red light at the tip of the wing flickering its distress signal into the dense inky blackness, and somehow the interlinking lights mapping out the grid of the city lay in such a stark, miraculous contrast to the obscure surrounding topography only vaguely hinted at on the fringes of this urban illumination that the excitable mind could be inspired to interpret the inevitable rendezvous of undercarriage and runway along the lines of altogether more fantastic imagery.

Like a web luring nocturnal insects with its glow, for example's sake. Or smouldering coals at the bottom of a fire pit. Something really out-there like that. Just completely irrational.

Anyway, I was doing alright. My first flight had been unremarkable, which I believed was typical of the experience. Guidelines, limits, check-ins, strict timekeeping, that sort of thing. A pragmatic affair, exactly as described. Vaguely uncomfortable once in the air. Not due to the leg space, which proved ample, easily beating out the stands in lecture halls which were designed in the spirit of verticality yet neglected to actually accommodate for it. It was rather the general feeling of being stuck in an enclosed space, seguing into a broader anxiety should one begin to consider their place in a metal tube hurtling through the sky at incredible speeds less as an abstraction and more as an objective reality. After the first ten hours it was hard to keep the mind from wandering.

Then there was supposed to be this ubiquitous annoyance, a rowdy passenger or restless infant, which....hm.

I chanced a look to the side, then barely managed to snap my attention back to the window in time, catching the movement of a black-topped head turning my way from the corner of my eye.

Yeah, maybe I should check that off the list as well. The last item on which I was now looking at – looking down at.

Overcast conditions aside, it was, well, night. The spiritual experience of casting a bird's eye view on the land, taking in its enormity and the insignificance of all the things in it, would have to be postponed for the return trip. The fast-approaching urban lattice was canopied with a suffused luminance radiating into the night sky, like a veil draped over the tips of skyscrapers whose opaqueness was only now giving way to more distinguishable features as the plane lowered its altitude. The hub of radiance fragmented into a labyrinth of light, individual streets carving their pathways into its surface. Contours of buildings jumped out from the cityscape, rimmed by spotlights or outlined by their own distinctive patterns. At this height I could actually make out some of the landmarks. A number of these I even recognised.

There, by the seaside cliffs, were the container docks, tower cranes stretching their jibs like skeletal arms over the cargo conjuring the image of giants watching over their sleeping flock. It was said that giants really did convene there once, the kind on whose shoulders entire civilisations had stood.

Following the waterline, along the river that bisected the city, I could see the riverside promenade lit profusely by street lamps, their shimmer reflected on the water's surface. It was rumoured that a light unlike any other had shone there one night, the kind which could chase away even the deepest shadow.

And then the bridge linking the two halves of Fuyuki, a suture over the topographic wound, its behemoth frame almost like a living thing, its arched back crested with strobe lights, the steel cables its nerves, the sheen of red paint seeming organic in the half-light. It was believed that two hearts were linked there long ago, when a boy's journey had ended for a man's to begin.

To most people, most citizens, these were features of everyday life. If strange things had ever happened there, no signs remained to tell the tale. They were constants, even as they were remnants. The backdrop for a finished tale, all of them. Props that were forgotten on the stage even after the play had ended, their function known only to the few privileged to attend it. A story those who knew didn't want to tell. What I knew I didn't learn from Father, after all. I just asked the people around him, like everyone else, and read the official report on the War, which few others could.

Which is what makes this all so disappointing. No one knew about how I read Father's account of the War from his hearing again and again, playing out the events in my mind as if them being printed on paper had rendered them fictional, a story to immerse – to fantasise - myself into. I would definitely have the mortification seared into my brain if I had ever shared the juvenile fantasies of self-discovery through heroic adventure that I had somehow found the time to entertain back then with someone else. I'd had enough spare good sense to realise how stupid my indulgence was, but not enough to foresee that having the seeds of this idea crushed - by another person or my own shame in admitting them, either would work – was a small sacrifice towards a future where they would not germinate, take root, and lead me to make stupid decisions I knew on a rational level I shouldn't be going through with. Sheer embarrassment was a very underrated instructional tool.

Alas, I remained impenitent. Here I was, as far away as possible from the place I should have been advancing my career at, planning to do...what exactly? Unearth the bones from a long-forgotten battlefield and gnaw on them until I reach enlightenment? Take in these hallowed sights and wait for something ineffable to awaken within me?

How do you even recognise a life-changing experience while you're still living it? How can you know that your life has just irreversibly changed? If a turning point was something you could see coming, steer yourself towards instead of only noticing it in the rear-view mirror, the world would just be teeming with happy, successful, self-actualised, self-satisfied, utterly insufferable people - and it was barely halfway there.

And I was...I was just trying to retread the footsteps of another person...in order to become my own man. The thought was even more stupid when I actually put it together. It really was typical of me to wait sixteen hours until I was on the other side of the world before thinking about what I was doing there in the first place.

I didn't groan out loud, but it was a close thing. I think it was. Was it?

“What's the matter, Mr. Velvet?”

It wasn't. Drat.

“Mr. Velvet is my father.” I offered the boy a meaningful pause with which to smother his curiosity. He didn't notice, of course. “Just a bit tense, is all.”

“Oh?” Natsu Tohsaka actually cocked his head to the side, the very image of puzzlement. I didn't think people actually did that. “First time flying?”

Yes. “No. First time in Fuyuki.”

For the briefest moment I thought I was being clever there. Then Tohsaka smiled with unwarranted enthusiasm, and I realised that the kind of person who casually plopped down on a vacant seat halfway across the plane from their own just to chat up someone they know would consider such a statement an open invitation.

The announcement informing us of the imminent landing drowned out my reaction as well as half of Tohsaka's reply.

“—ly often so I could show you around."

Now, my impulse was to turn him down, but that had more to do with my current mood rather than good old antisocial behaviour. It wasn't the boy's fault that my mood was foul, which stayed my tongue long enough to think the proposal through. Specifically about how I had no concrete idea on what to do in Fuyuki, much less a travel plan, and how the son of Rin Tohsaka, certified Holy Grail War survivor, might have wheedled more information from his parent than I ever could if I tried asking my own.

Being a lecturer, I was allowed to stare at people's faces while I thought, and usually it was no less off-putting for them. Natsu Tohsaka – or was it Tohsaka Natsu? - had this anticipatory look on his face the whole time; I got the impression he genuinely didn't expect “no” for an answer.

And why would he? Why was I overthinking this? It wasn't even a particularly binding obligation.

“I think I'll take you up on that offer, Natsu.” I smoothed over the bizarre thought about whether I should use some kind of honorific, as if some arcane reason would compel me now that I was on Japanese soil, with the familiarity of a personal address befitting the authority figure that I hardly felt like at the moment. “We can get in touch once I find a place to stay.”

“But it's late, Mr. Velvet! It's no good if you haven't made arrangements already!”

Well, considering this entire trip was a spur of the moment thing...but I couldn't really tell him that. I had an image to uphold. I didn't yet have the credentials to afford coming off as careless, but no lecturer should ever seem sloppy. Especially me.

So I tried to play it off. Took a look at my watch, noticed I had forgotten to adjust the time zone. Nice. Then I vaguely tried to wave off the implication while trying to come up with a sufficiently nonchalant yet concrete answer. This proved tricky, as the screeching of tires and rustle of passengers in the cabin made for more effective distractions than the expectant stares of a lecture hall in full attendance.

See, there was a distance there. A hierarchy. Not to mention those questions fell within the purview of my knowledge or ability to speculate accurately and task students with filling in the gaps. Up close and personal, one had to believe in his answer before he even thought of it.

It was a small mercy when Tohsaka interjected right when I was about to run my mouth with no destination in mind.

“Er...”

“Say, why don't you crash at my place tonight?”

As if it was the most natural thing in the world, he invited a magus who was an acquaintance at best into his home. My practiced stare was deserved this time; I was almost compelled to reprimand him on behalf of his parents. Then again, it was because of this exact thought that I didn't.

He wasn't my student, but I tried to keep tabs on everyone who passed through my classroom even briefly; inevitably I was informed on his family situation. I say inevitably because wherever potential parallels existed the people involved were morbidly compelled to draw them. And, well. Famous parent, delayed inheritance, a connection to the Fuyuki War...there were enough superficial similarities to warrant a bit of interest. An interest I did not pursue because interdepartmental feuds were no joke, especially when it came to poaching rare talents from other classrooms, but we were not in the Clock Tower now.

I was interested in having a chat with him anyway. It would certainly be a better use of my time than ruminating on stale, recursive thoughts. Besides, I doubt I need to worry that the son of Tohsaka Rin and that long-suffering husband of hers would be anything less than upstanding.

Wasn't this how Father made all those connections, more or less? Yeah, this was definitely a savvy move on my part. Nothing to do with however many hours' worth of exhaustion washing over me as I stood up from my seat, the prospect of roaming a foreign city at night looking for a place to sleep threatening to turn my numb legs to gelatin. Nothing at all.

“You know what, Natsu? I'd really appreciate that.”

I tried to soften my expression enough to convey my gratitude but it honestly felt like the cumulative fatigue would floor me as soon as I began to unwind. Transcontinental flight was more physically draining than I'd thought. In the privacy of my thoughts I could confess that I cared too much about my outward appearance for someone who could get roughed up by a stiff breeze - but in my own defence, the problems I was used to dealing with were for the most part combated with caffeine patches.

Perhaps this was no exception. I'd have to try it whenever I flew home. And didn't this bode just wonderful for this excursion, to be thinking about going home just after landing?

“Okay, Mr. Velvet, let's go!”

Tohs—Natsu seemed thrilled at the prospect of having a lecturer around during his time off classes. I wasn't sure how to interpret this enthusiasm, although novelty seemed a strong candidate. Was he calling me that on purpose, though? Maybe he didn't remember my personal name – I doubted even my own students did. Or maybe he was one of those children who were raised to require explicit permission to drop the formalities, which I don't remember insisting on. Indeed, I did still have trouble addressing senior colleagues informally; it was out of the question when rank was involved. I ought to resolve this at a more reasonable time.

And it wasn't that I disliked being called Professor, or anything....

All the same, my feet were in urgent need of the reassurance only solid ground could offer, so I shelved the small talk and retrieved my briefcase from the overhead compartment. My guide, as it were, had waited until the congestion caused by passengers hurrying to get stuck in a line for the exit had resolved before stepping onto the corridor; his familiarity with the routine at work, I supposed. I defaulted to following his lead through staircases, bridges, and checks, not keen to familiarise myself with the procedures at the moment. Almost a day of immobility in this flying can could really make a man sympathise with sardines. I cast a last scornful look at the interior from the threshold of the exit and almost tumbled out of the airplane.

Who....is that...?

“Whoa, Mr. Velvet! Be careful! You need any help?”

Right on cue, a spirited voice dragged me back to reality. This time it wouldn't go unanswered.

“Young master Tohsaka, I believe this is a good time to settle the matter of personal address, don't you think?”

Finally, something familiar. At the very least, I had the feeling that I wouldn't be left to brood in peace. That was something.

Wait, was that a voice cutting through the roar of the engines?

"Heya brat! Going somewhere? Didn't want to come say hi? Weren't going to introduce me to your friend?"

Yeah, definitely a voice. Natsu must have heard it too. Or, had he? The boy was resolutely staring straight ahead, taking large strides away from the terminal where the rest of the passengers were exiting. I had assumed this meant he knew a shorter way out, frequent visitor and all, but now? Now that he was pulling me along like we were fugitives, shielded from view behind the concrete columns while an ominous voice hung in the air? Now was the time for cutthroat decisions.

"It's way past your bedtime and you know it! Don't make me chase you!"

My apologies, Tohsaka Natsu. I'm an only child of a single parent, so I was born immune to this weakness. I'm sorry it had to be like this.

I hesitated only for a moment before I spoke the treacherous words.

“Natsu, is that a friend of yours we're avoiding?”

Please accept my apologies once more.
    Signed,

Glenn Alexander Velvet
    Shinto - Fuyuki Airport
    Night Phase
    Last edited by Leftovers; November 24th, 2019 at 01:04 PM.

Glenn Alexander Velvet (& Aya Alayana)
    Shinto - Fuyuki Airport
    Night Phase

"There is no time to explain, Mr. Velvet. If we don't hurry, that demon will catch up to us in no time...!"

Tohsaka Natsu's walking pace grows faster with each moment that goes by and eventually he breaks into a full sprint. Since he's been dragging you away from the mysterious woman up until this very moment, you are forced to keep up with him in order to avoid tripping in a rather abrupt and embarrassing manner. At this point, you are finally free to do as you please, but given the sheer amount of killing intent coming from the direction of his pursuer, you decide to avoid pressing your luck with diplomacy and instead chase after the boy heading for the exit at the back. That boy might just be too reckless for comfort... Even more of a reason why you should keep your tabs on him. It would be the end of you if he got involved in any real trouble and his mother found out that you were there and yet did nothing to prevent it. In hindsight, no matter how you spin this situation, trouble is already guaranteed to come knocking on your door.

"We're almost there... Haha... We may actually make it...!"

The goal is within sight, but i fyou look behind your shoulder, you can see the enemy approaching as well. The wrath contained within her smile is no joke and the fact that she's been able to keep up with the young lad despite not having to run all the way here speaks miles of her prowess as a hunter. You on the other hand are already having trouble not being left behind to your fate and matching Natsu's pace has long since become an ever-distant utopia. The sensors on the sliding doors detect his fast-approaching figure and trigger the opening mechanism in the nick of time. Even so, it's nothing short of a miracle that he rushes past the entrance without taking half the door with him. The moment he leaves the airport's main building and arrives at the exposed parking lot located at its back...

---Something smashes against the boy with enough force to throw him outside your vision.

At that moment, your heart sinks. Anticipating a worst case scenario, a sudden surge of adrenaline drives away the exhaustion and takes you outside in a matter of seconds. A blink of an eye later, the red haired girl who's been chasing you rushes past the door as well. There, the two of you are faced with a completely unexpected situation.

-------

Aya Alayana (& Glenn Alexander Velvet)
    Shinto - Fuyuki Airport
    Night Phase

"Ooowww... The hell, Matou-?! That's not the way to greet me after all this time... You could have killed me, goddamnit...!"

Still curled up on the floor, Tohsaka Natsu grunts in pain. It doesn't look like he's been actually injured, though. From your perspective, the crash must have looked much more serious than it actually was. Or perhaps the boy was able to reinforce his body right before impact. Should that have been the case, it's rather fortunate that you are not as physically capable as the boy, or else someone would be calling the ambulance at this very moment. Not the best way to start a journey of self-discovery, if one must add.

As for the culprit of the whole scene...

"It's your fault for trying to run away in such a poor and predictable manner."

Messy blue hair emerging from the window of a car's driver's seat, a girl slightly older than Natsu criticizes his approach from a clear position of power, right after taking a sip of an unknown beverage. By the way, that's not just any car. Its your car. And you are pretty sure you have its keys with you.

... ...

... Fortunately, it doesn't look like it was damaged by the crash... Perhaps a mercy sent by heaven in order to spare the life of children.

"... And don't exaggerate. It's only been a year at best."

Matou Kaori. The heir, if she can be called such, of the Makiri or at least what little remains of them. For the Mage's Association, the family's potential was extinguished with the last generation and so the clan is no longer a topic of conversation. The only daughter of Matou Shinji remains an off-the-record singularity connected to the world of magecraft but not deeply immersed in its formalities. Someone who could have lived the life of a normal girl if she wanted, yet discarded the idea for entirely selfish reasons.

Between Kaori and Natsu, it is clear which of the two is smarter. Indeed, while it wouldn't be beyond her to occasionally attempt something similar to what Natsu was doing, she's the kind of person who avoids unnecessary trouble and gives up as soon as the situation becomes a hopeless struggle. Already moving away from the driver's seat, she quietly moves to the passenger's seat.

"Ugh... Mr. Velvet... This is my friend Kaori... And caretaker Aya... They are pretty much like family..." After being helped back to his feet by the boy, there is a brief pause and then... Your instincts flare up-! However, anticipating his move, you grab the child before he can attempt a second emergency escape. At that: "Ahhhh-! I am sorry, 'aunt' Aya, I promise I'll go to bed early and won't complain! Please don't burn my football again...!"

From within the car, Kaori closes her eyes and shakes her head in disappointment.

Yamashita Hiro
    Night Phase

Your message reaches the spirits and it's 'heard loud and clear', for the pressure you exert forces them to retreat out of your range. They do not seem to leaving thought, perhaps set on claiming the opportunity fate has set for them the moment you drop your guard. Carefully, moving at your own pace, you approach the body of the fallen woman seeking clues as to who she is and what's she doing in such an ominous place this late into the night. But more importantly, whether she is still alive or not. The moment you check her pulse and get a response, you call out to her, expecting words to do magic and wake up the sleeping beauty. However, the only immediate response you get is silence.

"..."

Respectfully, you turn her around so her face doesn't have to be facing the ground anymore. Her face is all dirty and the thin frames of the glasses she wears have been bent in such way that its impossible to say they look good on her. And... Well, she's so young! From a distance, you would have guessed she was a woman on her thirties but now, staring at her facial features, it'd be farfetched if you said she was any older than twenty. Though it goes without saying that it must have been one hell of a fall if she tripped, there are no injuries that would suggest any permanent damage. Even though you don't know the girl, that is still quite a relief.

"Ugh... Nhhn..."

As the young lady finally begins to regain consciousness, you discretely move back a few steps to avoid any sort of misunderstanding. The place, the time and the overall context do not make you a trustworthy fellow, after all. It is then that your gaze falls on something truly outstanding: A rare brand of scar which is somewhat linked to your research and that very few people in the world would be able to identify. A Command Seal...? No, that's not it. Ironically, if that were the case, it would be another cause for relief. But no, instead, this is a sign that you might have misjudged the situation with your initial check up. If you have to guess, you'd say that there should be similar injuries scattered all through her body; it's just that her uniform does a wonderful job at keeping her condition under wraps. Though she's not bleeding and thus her life is not in immediate danger, this girl needs more than to just go back home, she needs treatment.

Because ultimately, those injuries are almost identical to the ones a candidate for Rayshifting would sustain if their compatibility with its mechanics were less than ideal. It might be a daring claim at this point, but you might be dealing with someone who came from another place and time, a traveler from a distant era.

"... Ugh."

Ignoring you, or perhaps still unaware of your presence despite the proximity, the blue haired girl makes an honest attempt to get back to her feet. Unfortunately, as soon as she lifts her back from the ground, a sharp pain runs through her entire body, leaving it clear that she is not getting any further without assistance.

"..." Finally noticing you, it takes a moment for her to swallow her pride and ask for your help. "I am sorry... But could you help me out?"

For someone dressed like a doctor, she's surprisingly stubborn. It goes without saying that a hand is not all she go back to normal. She needs to rest and be patched up. It's more than clear that moving in her condition is only going to make it worse.

---!!!

Suddenly, all your senses kick into high alert. The reason might be outside your field of vision, but it's dangerous and it's close. Way more dangerous than the couple of spirits staring at you from the side. There has never been a time where you instincts relied false information, so it is safe to say that the park isn't.

The cause for such feeling of dread might in fact be what you came here looking for but, at the same time...

Blog Entries
    Yamashita Hiro
    Night Phase

There was much to unpack, in what the young magus learned in those first few minutes of meeting.

It felt like a Night of Fate. Or at least...a night in which mistakes and lies were blown away, leaving behind only truth. Powerful, crystalline, inconvenient truth. Like humanity itself, truth was often unjustly glorified, described as beautiful, pure, soulful, when in reality, it was filthy, covered in muck and grime.

Maddening. Or already mad. Likely both.

The lines of improper magecraft that covered the doctor(?) spoke of rituals that had not existed since the great Keep was lost to time. Since the ultimate power had been returned. Legends, passed down through Hiro's family told of such marks. Legends...Hiro well knew the pain of hubris. o'er weaning pride. That which slayed man, doomed heroes, ended myths. As the scion to myth callers, Hiro had truly, honestly believed he had overcome this flaw.

...Perhaps that to, had been the mark of hubris.

Yes, for Hiro, the mage of the Yamashista clan, whose body held the promise born of thousands of years of patient study and no small amount of sheer good old fashioned dumb luck, had truly believed that he himself was the last and greatest artifact of the Remnant. The marks of power on her though? They laid low what he thought he was. There was a small part of the boy that truly wished to cut this girl to grim pieces, tear aside every sign that his own meaning had been unfairly diminished.

This fragment of the second and fifth law, born through the eye of Sheba, gave the lie to everything he thought he had been.

And it was during that moment, filled with strangled rage, that the young boy reached out his hand, and caught that of the older women as her stability threatened to vanish and cause her legs to crumple underneath her, carefully, gently he offered support.

"She who asks, also shall she receive, m'lady." The boy said, offering a respectful bow. "Ask me to help you, and I will. I don't know what brought you here. and I don't know you. But I do know this."

Hiro stopped, a near full body stretch working its way from the bottom of his knees and slithering its way across his frail frame.

"If you and I don't get out of here," Hiro went on, without changing the inflection of his voice even one small iota. "We will almost certainly die right here. I suggest we leave. I'll lend you an arm, if you will allow."