Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Closure [IC Thread]

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Aya Alayana
    Shinto - Fuyuki Airport
    Night Phase

"Aunt Aya...?"

Haunting words that proceed a form of tragedy, as Aya's eyes move from the piercing stare she had been using against Kaori -who smartly relents, moving back to the passenger side- to the youthful boy who she had just caught by one of his arms...

Yes.

'Aunt Aya.'

While the boy's insinuation that they were pretty much family wasn't incorrect, there is still a very flawed aspect of his thinking that she has yet to fix, one that has her spinning him around into a headlock shortly after comprehending what he had just called her, one arm wrapping around his neck in a way that was both affectionate -because she wasn't squeezing very hard- to bullyesque -she also didn't really plan on letting go until he took it back- for you see...

"How old do you think I am brat?!"

While her behavior is akin to that of a mature, world worn adult, in reality...

Aya Alayana...

Just turned nineteen a few months ago...

"I am obviously not an aunt! I'm a beloved big sister, get my titles right!"

As could perhaps, be evidenced by this somewhat juvenile reaction to being indirectly called old... Of course, if Natsu wanted to break from her grip he probably could... Even though she was holding him to her side about as hard as she was able without really hurting him, when it came down to it, the boy was simply more physically able than she was, as evidenced by the incident with the car, but...

---Somehow, his struggle comes across as futile anyway.

Is it less that he's unable to do so, and more that doing so would be an incredibly poor idea?

---It's hard to say, nevertheless, even as a youth struggles in her grip, she-

"So, Mr. Velvet huh? You the brat's teacher?"

-moves on to being somewhat more polite with his 'friend,' at least for now.

"You two were going together, so lemme guess..." Closing her eyes, but maintaining her grip, the taller red-headed woman sighs aloud, "He offered to let you stay at his place right?"

It seemed like something he would do, as would going around her to do it...

Ah well, she'd just add it to his parent's bill for the inconvenience.

"If that's the case, you might as well hop in the car. I'll drop you off with him."

Saying so without a smile, the woman turns her head back towards Kaori and...

"...By the way, brat number two... Don't hot-wire my car again, it's a bad habit."

...Seems to reveal she has a sort of leash on this one too.
    Last edited by Airen; November 30th, 2019 at 08:58 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Alicia Rosenkopf
    Miyama - Streets
    Night Phase

"W-Wait...-!"

The little girl's shout falls on deaf ears. Having already armed yourself, you make use of the opening that your ally has created and move in to strike. It might be because she has been blessed with powers similar to your own that you strangely feel a sense of belonging, one that pushes away your fears and drives you to the eye of the storm, set on showing your new friend what you are capable of. Gripping tightly the two glass-like weapons that have materialized out of thin air, you allow your instincts to take over and leap back into the fray. However, the foe that once stood in the middle of the street -a shadow incapable of showing any gesture or emotion- is nowhere to be seen. It has disappeared in the blink of an eye, leaving you in a momentary daze, as your brain tries to work around what it has just seen happen. Unfortunately, there is simply no time for that.

Initiative
    Shade's QCK > Alicia's QCK.

Your vision is painted red as your self-preservation instinct goes haywire in the face of a threat that's several times more dangerous than the strongest human. You, who, moments ago, intended to surprise your enemy are instead surprised in turn as the deadly silhouette materializes right in front of you, having moved from one place to another in the blink of an eye. Showing absolutely no mercy even when the one in front of it appears to be no more than an innocent child, its proficient footwork finds a hole in your stance and immediately fires a quick jab at its prey. Needless to say, no matter how simple the motion looks in practice, it contains enough force to be considered fatal.

Yes, in the first place, this has never been a battle that Alicia Rosenkopf -or any other Magus for that matter- can overcome without some insanely good ace in the hole. As if to emphasize this point, the blow does not only break past your defenses effortlessly, it also sends you flying like a lifeless rag doll against the door of a nearby store. It's only knocking over two or three shelves that your body is finally allowed to touch the floor. It's a miracle that you are still alive after being hit directly by such a beast. That said... It has come at a price. Besides the raging surge of pain that was not there a moment ago, one of your arms hangs lifelessly from your body as a trail of thin trail of blood runs down through it. Your left shoulder is dislocated, and you won't be able to put it back into place without assistance.

Alicia Rosenkopf suffers 30 HP damage.
    Critical Hit! Left Arm dislocated.

Regardless of whether you grit your teeth and endure the pain or cry out like wounded prey, the moment you lift your gaze is the moment you meet, once more, face to face with the enemy. Standing outside the store, there is about eight steps between it and you, and by this point it should be clear that a being capable of defying human reason can close that distance in a heartbeat. Having been stripped of your weaponry, wounded and reduced to a more than disfavorable position, your mind does not shy from reaching the conclusion any human would reach if placed on your shoes right now: This is the end, you are done for. Whatever spectacle you were trying to put up for your friend ended up being a big farce, a bridge towards your doom, a childish mistake you could have no way to know you were making until it was too late.

---Heartbeat.

At the edge of life, in the final moments before your body is reduced to a pile of lifeless meat, what is the light that guides your thoughts? Do you accept the fate you have been branded with, willing to welcome the consequences of your actions? Or do you perhaps reject destiny, calling it unfair, undeserved, unbelievable?

Truly, it does not matter.

---Heartbeat.

For the only thing you are granted before the end is to gaze upon the true form of the one who has pushed you this far.

Having gained an image, the swordsman silently draws its weapon, as if to enforce its duty as a grim reaper.

Little has changed. There is no emotion that it can perceive or demonstrate. Nor does it respond to reason.

It even lacks a reason to kill you. Even so, it will do it because it is in its nature.

Ah, though its all pitch-black, she must have really been a beautiful person.

For some reason, your final thoughts are reduced to a pointless appreciation like that.

(BGM Off)

But if the storm unleashed by her sword carries with it a silent promise of death, then the feral claw that rises to oppose it can be no less than a selfless flame that burns brightly to preserve life.

Clang.

For a moment, you are left in awe, staring at the strange figure of your savior. Unlike its foe, who cannot utter a single word, this wolf is not afraid to howl to assert its place in this world.

"__________!!!"

That's the signal.

Before long, what started with a single exchange becomes a never-ending torrent of blows.

Man and beast engage in a death-match as everything around them is left in complete disarray. Though the wolf-like creature seems to be inferior in every way, it somehow manages to push back the swordswoman by allowing its animal instinct to guide its actions. It may only be for a moment, but the path that was once blocked becomes clear.

As your mind struggles between pulling itself together or disconnecting itself right then and there, a familiar voice brings you back to your senses.

"Get up... We need to get out of here now-!"

-------

You run as fast as you can, ignoring your injuries, your fading consciousness and the pain that comes every time your arm moves a certain way you follow the girl through the mist-cloaked streets of Fuyuki and quickly lose sight of the two warriors, the sound behind each clash the only evidence that they are still there, somewhere.

"Geez, you were so reckless back there."

Once the two of you have moved a few blocks away from the scene of the confrontation, the mysterious girl decides to stop for a moment in order to check on you. At first, it sounds like she's going to scold you for being so careless, but it quickly becomes apparent that, whoever she is, her role is that of a kind and compassionate soul. At the same time, within those blue eyes of her one can see a sea of information being reflected. Yes, despite her age and despite her innocence, this girl has dependable written all over her. If there is a problem, then it is likely she knows how to fix it and an injury such as yours is no exception.

"... It looks like your left shoulder is dislocated. I can put it back into place, but I can't do it alone and I have the feeling that we aren't in the clear yet. Those creatures... Just what are they? I've seen my fair share of demonic beasts, but that's not the sort of thing you should run into in a quiet town like this."

The girl takes a deep breath, as if to clear her mind and focus on the important things.

"Right, Can you keep moving...? And sorry if I was rude and didn't introduce myself earlier. I guess I was just... Too terrified to do so."

"My name is Tomomi. Masaki Tomomi. If we can escape this mist and reach the place where my brother and I are staying, then we should be safe."
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alicia Rosenkopf
    Miyama- Streets
    Night Phase

The events of the last few minutes had been a blur to Alicia. One moment she'd been bravely charging forth into the fray, glasswork blades in hand and ready to back up that mysterious girl. The next, her world erupted in a swirl of pain and confusion. The last thing she remembered before nearly blacking out from pain was the snarling wolflike face of the creature that had darted out of nowhere to save her. Somehow, even with the rest of her memories jumbled, that scene shone clearly before her mind, as if etched indelibly in the tablet that was Alicia's Rosenkopf's existence.

Though its appearance was just as outwardly horrifying as the pitch-black swordsman, Alicia couldn't help but sense something trustworthy and reliable in the creature. Maybe just because it saved her life. Or maybe, the form the shadowy beast took happened to remind Alicia of a certain presence that had been by her side ever since "that day". A protector that watched stalwartly over the young girl and bared its fangs at anyone who threatened her.

---A
    wolf
    guardian beast

"My name is Tomomi. Masaki Tomomi. If we can escape this mist and reach the place where my brother and I are staying, then we should be safe."
    The words of her other savior introducing herself jarred Alicia from her reminiscing. Blinking in startlement, Alicia looked up to greet the pair of wide blue eyes gazing at her with concern. "T-thanks Tomomi," Alicia stammered, wincing as a fresh twinge of pain stabbed into her wounded arm. "I'm Alicia Rosenkopf. And sorry about back there," she apologized sheepishly. "God, I was so stupid. Thought I'd rush in all cool and play the big hero, and I ended up the one being rescued instead."

As Alicia muttered those words, a pale pink blush dawned across her cheeks. She was so embarrassed with herself at how useless she'd been against that monster. This world wasn't like the adventure novels she'd loved reading, where the plucky heroine charging into the jaws of danger would always overcome any adversity. No, the world was cruel, and even the slightest slipup could spell death. Alicia cursed her foolishness for forgetting that.

To divert the subject from her own embarrassment Alicia decided to ask Tomomi more about her past. "So you have a brother who lives near here? And what's that about demonic beasts? Don't tell me you've actually fought creatures like that before. That's so cool! Are you like, a magical heroine of justice or something?" Alicia hoped the other girl wasn't scared off by her enthusiastic questioning but she couldn't help the curiosity bubbling within her heart.

Takanashi Kotoha (& Shiba Nao)
    Shinto - Police Station (Outside)
    Night Phase

While shooting everyone down sounds like a good way to rid yourself of all the pent-up stress you've accumulated up to this point, it would come at the cost of a precious finger or maybe your own life if you are unlucky. Needless to say, you cannot allow this person to turn the Police Station into a crime scene. That's the kind of mess not even the mafia can cover up and, as you were strictly told, the Yakuza are not to be seen as responsible for what happens here tonight. In order words, the only way to go about it is to find a way to resolve this peacefully or, at the very least, not in a way that would make it plausible for the media or the police to prove it is tied to organized crime. After doing a quick brainstorm and sharing a few details that have been exclusive to each of you prior to this meeting, something in Nao's story draws your attention. Namely, the fact that her 'Master', as she calls the one you are supposed to rescue, was been pursued by the law for no apparent reason. It might be a shot in the dark, but in a small city like Fuyuki, that usually meant that someone powerful wants to see her behind bars. However, between the Church's efficient clean up and your own methods to tie loose ends, it has become rather hard to falsely accuse a civilian of something they haven't done. Going by that logic, this person of interest either isn't in the official records and is being held captive indefinitely until someone decides her fate or the case built against her is trivial enough for it to not have any sort of transcendence in the media.

---And then it clicks.

Reviewing the information you were given for this mission, you find the reason why her surname sounded oddly familiar. Indeed, that name has been all over the T.V. and the internet this past week. Annihilating its opposition during the latest poll, 'Asama' is the surname of the newly appointed Mayor. Though there is slight difference in the way the characters are represented, when you add all the facts together, it stops being a farfetched theory and begins to shape itself as a truth. For all you know, the 'Azama' could very well be family that branches from the 'Asama'. Especially among circles of high nobility and political power, it is a common practice for the main house to demote members of lesser importance, stripping them of their rights and displacing them to a branch family. Though one is intrinsically linked to the other, the difference in the way they are written acts as a wall erected between the two that will forever mark the superiority one has over the other.

Though you lack the evidence to support this conclusion is a hundred percent accurate, and it appears that this 'Master' person has been quite secretive with her 'Servant/Slave' regarding her background, it is viable enough to be plausible. Branch family or not, the Mayor's public image might be affected if the news of a capture transcends the wall of the station and is spread through the media. Regardless of what might have motivated him to kidnap a relative of his, it goes without saying that it cannot be allowed to become even a rumor. On the other hand, if the one held captive, claimed a favor the Yakuza owed her, then that would explain why this must be carried out in a discrete manner. The Yakuza and the local government go hand in hand, though politicians may wage a war against organized crime for time to time, that's merely a facade meant to disguise their real relationship. It's a harsh reality, but politics require the tools the mafia offers them to reach the position they desire. In exchange, the mafia needs to do their thing in the most tranquil way possible and thus they look for someone who can make things easier for them, someone inside the system. In other words, the politician.

Having decided it is time to act, the two of you leave your bikes in a strategic position that guarantees a smooth escape and venture into the police station. A couple of steps in, you are almost immediately met with a large counter. Being a sight for his sore eyes at the time of the night, the somewhat sleepy policeman immediately becomes aware of your presence. To your side, there is a set of stairs that lead upstairs, where the detective offices are located. That's not important. Being somewhat acquainted with the place, you are certain that your objective lies beyond that counter. Once one crosses over that boundary, going left will lead you to the room where victim testimonies are recorded, and beyond that to the cell you are looking for. Granted, this old hoary policeman eagerly awaiting the end of the year for his retirement, is just one of many obstacles you'll have to get past. After all, there are bound to be at least two other policemen on the way to your goal.

"Oh. Well, that's strange." His look of surprise is quickly overwritten by one a tad more devious. "Good night, ladies, how may I be of help? Whether you need me to run after a bad guy or give you a ride back home, old Hirofumi here is your man for the job."
    Last edited by hero; December 31st, 2019 at 12:12 PM.
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hiyako Tsurara
    Miyama - The Sleeping Bishop
    Night Phase

“…” Sitting at the side of the red-haired monster, Tsurara watched the training session in silence, merely limiting herself to enjoying the chilly wind of the night as she observed the fight. She almost wished she could have some sake to drink while she gazed at the moon, but it would be uncouth of her as the guest to make such a demand.

That, and sake was pretty much like water for her. She’d need to drink an ocean of it to get anywhere beyond buzzed. It was one of the quirks that came with her constitution.

This training session, if it can even be called that, is completely one-sided, as expected. The maid is content to merely remain an unbreakable wall and letting the boy hit his head against it until he can’t continue anymore. He shows remarkable willpower, but his approach never varies, and he’s met with the floor again and again.

Finally, the lady of the house declares that the show is over, and the boy reluctantly stands up and gives up for the day. Heh, this made her remember her own harsh training. Her father had been a remarkable swordsman, perhaps one of the best in all of Japan, and his lessons had been as merciless as these. Well, her father and her master both had been much better teachers, but she was still reminded of them, and how she would stubbornly keep pushing her boundaries.

The boy walks towards the exit, the same hallway she had come from. However, to reach it, he had to pass by the same place where Tsurara and the redhead are sitting at. His incoming proximity snaps her out of her reminiscence, and her icy eyes looked at him emotionlessly. The aura of the boy was surprisingly wary and hostile, for it to be directed to a complete stranger, and he goes out of his way just to avoid having to greet her at all.

“Hmph.” A barely audible snort is the entirety of Tsurara’s reaction to the boy’s disrespect. Had this happened elsewhere, chances were he’d been forced to lose a finger for it, regardless of how much she cared for the matter: her station wasn’t one that allowed for such impoliteness, regardless of how petty it may be. Here though, she merely loses interest on him, and dismisses the boy from her thoughts.

Or rather, she had more important matters to deal with.

She nods her head towards the maid’s polite introduction, and turns to listen to Takagi Akane’s, and her introduction.

Well, well…

There was a Chinese saying someone, perhaps her grandfather, had told her that was relevant to the situation. What was it… something like even the dragon respects the local snake or something like that? She couldn’t remember, but it was surely something like that.

What a bother… let’s see…

“My name is Hiyako Tsurara, but surely you were already aware of that, as well as who I am and who I represent.” She started speaking, doing a self-introduction out of politeness more than anything else.

“Takagi-san, I’m afraid you’ve made a mistake. After all, I am not the head of the Kuroitsume, my father is. Although I am here in representation of his will.” She clarified, tone soft all the while.

“Regarding my business with the local yakuza, all I can say is that it is an offer of collaboration and partnership.” She answered. “But I’m afraid that’s all I can say to an unrelated party. After all, it would be very uncouth of me to reveal the details to a stranger.”

Tsurara didn’t need to be a genius to understand that this woman had, at the very least, ties of some kind with the local yakuza, judging from her words. However, Takagi Akane hadn’t stated her position clearly, and thus she wouldn’t say any more about the contents or objectives of the negotiation. Thus, until the time this mysterious owner of the hotel clarified her position, she was under no obligation to elaborate.

Furthermore, there was something else to note here.

Hiyako Tsurara’s speech until this point had been very polite, her voice had been even and tranquil. Neither her expression nor her eyes had shown any ripples except some interest and curiosity when she looked at Akane. And that was abnormal.

After all, right now she was alone, with a maid who had definitely a high level of mastery over martial arts, and sitting at the side of a woman that was, like her, a monster from the dark side of the world. She was also deep within enemy territory, in an unknown land, in the residency and place of power of someone who’d had just implied a threat towards her should she not like her answer.

And yet, she was still calmly sitting here, speaking lightly as if none of those small details mattered. Something that spoke volumes about how much confidence she had on herself, and spoke a clear message, both about her personality and her attitude.

If you have a problem with me, here I am.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Hiyako Tsurara
    Night Phase

"Is that so...? I see. I may have misjudged you. But alas, it can't be helped. After all, to my eyes, you already possess everything necessary to be such. That said, even I can't entirely abandon my own humanity, so viewing others with prejudice has become a bad habit of mine through the years. Forgive me."

Without having to utter a single word, merely leaning forward a little bit, the red-haired woman conveys her order and, in response, the maid gently deposits a smoking pipe in her mouth. A couple of seconds later, the aroma of tobacco has already taken over her surroundings. It needs not to be said that someone like Takagi Akane has no obligation to accept a half-assed answer from someone who's a mere visitor. Member of the Yakuza or not, it would be simply for her to extract all the truth from your mouth through the right methods. However, instead of tension or clear hostility, all she demonstrates is an aura of tranquility that does not befit her kind. Almost as if she could already see what the future departed.

"Well, Hiyako-san, I might not be what Magi would refer to as 'Second Owner', but I have a personal duty to watch over this land. As long as the Yakuza do not endanger the city nor its population in a manner that would force me to leave this household, there is no need for us to declare war on one another. No need for us to see each other as enemies."

Removing the pipe from her mouth, the golden-eyed lady breaks eye contact for a moment and faces forward, towards the gardens, releasing a thin cloud of intoxicating smoke. Then, she hands the pipe to Sakaki Yuuna, who after properly cleaning it in record time in a manner that is only possible to a maid, silently offers it to you.

Perhaps a symbol of genuine hospitality, it is not one would normally be allowed to reject.

However, this time, you are given the impression that even if you dared to turn it down, it would bring about no negative consequence.

"Regardless... This is a place to rest the soul, you'd do well to remember that. It doesn't matter if your intentions are righteous or downright malicious. In this household, both the good and the wicked are allowed to take a break."

Almost as an afterthought, Akane draws a rather sly smile and adds:

"As long as they pay the fee, that is."

You ventured out of your room not just to stretch your legs but also to seek both peace of mind and a source of entertainment, as small as it could be. So far you have to admit you are rather pleased with how it all turned out. That said... The time to return to your room will come sooner than later and you get the feeling that at this point is right around the corner. The rest of the night will be uneventful, whether it ends quickly or slowly depends solely on your body's will to fall asleep.

"...!"

---At that moment, and all of a sudden...

As if the world wanted to completely prove you wrong, the air around the gardens is filled with an aura of dread and emergency. However, the source of this abnormality is neither an enemy nor an outsider. Rushing back all the way back to where Akane and you are sitting, the boy who the maid previously addressed as 'Master Masaki', halts his advance only to showcase a part of his character that you'd have never imagined you'd see so soon.

His face is that of boy who is scared, desperate and anxious enough to try something stupid this late into the night. The kind of resolve that can only be stopped by simply knocking one out.

"... Tomomi is not in her room." He declares, somewhat reluctant to share his finding out loud. "I'll be picking my stuff from the shed... And then I'm going to look for her."

Granted, there is just one problem with that line of action.

"..."

Once more, you are in the way.

And it doesn't look like he's willing to say 'please' and 'thank you', even under these circumstances...

Blog Entries
    Hiyako Tsurara
    Night Phase

Tsurara tilted her head as she listened to Takagi Akane intently, her nose creasing slightly as the smell of tobacco invaded the tranquil night. Both of these gestures show the first true, genuine emotions she has expressed this night.

She hated smoking, or rather, she absolutely loathed the smell of it. Most of her retinue had learnt to smoke elsewhere in her presence, but the yakuza in general liked that habit and wouldn’t change it merely for their head. Or rather, if she were to forbid smoking, there’d be a rebellion in a matter of days. So, she had learned to tolerate it, as much as it made her nose wish to crawl into itself.

However, it is no mystery why she’s staring at the offered pipe with actual, true dread that all the implied threats in the world would never cause her. However, before the maid has the chance to take the pipe away, Tsurara takes it with an annoyed gesture. Taking a deep breath and exhaling it as if she was about to execute an unpleasant task, she stubbornly brought the pipe to her mouth and smoked from it.

Well, at least she managed to not choke on the smoke and released it properly, although her face when smoking had been almost worthy of a picture. Thank the gods she had practiced, just in case. It didn’t make for the head of a yakuza clan to show overt weakness in anything. Her dad had said it was an acquired habit, and that she’d probably grow into it over the years, but…

After her childish show of strong will, she immediately gave the pipe back to the maid as if she’d been holding a poisonous scorpion. Her gestures and movements right now had completely shattered the image she’d been presenting earlier. However, one would have to remember that, after all was said and done, Hiyako Tsurara had turned nineteen just a few months ago. There was only two years or so of difference between her and a teenager, no matter how utterly ‘abnormal’ she was.

“I see. Yes, it would be troublesome for me to have to face an enemy so soon.” Tsurara replied to Akane’s words smoothly, despite feeling like she wanted to cough, her mouth filled with the disgusting taste of tobacco smoke. Still showing a front of confidence despite that, she continued speaking. “Furthermore… I like this inn. If I were to become unable to stay within, it would also trouble me.”

“However, rest assured on something.” She said, standing up. “I do not mean harm to this city or its people.” She said these steely words and turned around. There was nothing soft in the resolve of what she had said.

Yeah, she had her own objectives after all, and these words had just reminded her of why she had ambitions for the throne of the Kuroitsume. What her true intentions were. This city was merely just another step in her path, one she needed to fulfill to get closer to her own dream.

These words had given her food for thought. Furthermore, ‘Second Owner’… those would be the Tohsaka. She’d probably need to give them a visit to greet them, as it would be rather rude for someone from the supernatural world to intrude into the city without a presentation, regardless of how entangled she was with the mundane world.

Just something else to add to tomorrow’s schedule, then.

But for now, all she wanted was to find a bottle of sake she was sure had been within her baggage to take the horrid taste out of her mouth, and then go sleep. She’d been sufficiently entertained for the night.

She opened her mouth to say her goodbyes to both the maid and the owner, but…

The air of the garden suddenly changes entirely from relaxed to frantic.

“…” Tsurara narrowed her eyes, but that was the only indication she gave of alertness. Only another expert would’ve been able to feel her shifting her stance slightly.

However, the source of the disturbance turns out to not be an assassin or something like that, but rather someone she had completely dismissed from her thoughts, the boy from earlier. He looks scared, desperate, and about to do something stupid.

And once again, she’s standing directly into his path. And again, he doesn’t look like he’ll bother presenting the slightest politeness.

Disrespect her once, and she’d let it go, given that she was in the center of a local power. Disrespect her twice, and she’d be obligated to teach him a lesson. One could say that this Master Masaki had incurred her wrath, or at least a measure of it.

However…

Silently, Tsurara merely gets out of the boy’s path, allowing him to pass towards the shed. Yeah, she may be stubborn and strong-willed, and someone who wouldn’t allow anyone to disrespect her in normal circumstances, but she’d like to think she’s not unreasonable. And these don’t look like normal circumstances.

She can piece out a rather complete image of what’s going on.

“A lost child?” She asked, towards Yuuna and Akane.

quotes
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

Yamashita Hiro
    Shinto - Fuyuki's Central Park
    Night Phase

"Trust me, I am not entirely sure myself... My mind is in shambles right now."

Though she's the kind of stubborn independent girl who'd only accept help out of politeness rather than out of necessity, she's smart enough not to ignore the message your words convey, and soon enough she confesses that it is not just her body that was damaged but her psyche, as well. Naturally, given her circumstances, that's par for the course. Journeys that involve Rayshifting or similar methods are not exactly kind to everyone. Some have an inborn affinity that allows them to travel without any major issues, others are subject to random injuries during transport and others... Well, let's say it'd be better if they simply stayed at home.

"Ok, let's get out of here."

Having been granted her approval, you help her back to her feet and move a few steps. It quickly becomes apparent that she will not be able to move at a steady pace without assistance and even then running is out of the question. Being someone who was born and raised as a Magus, your cruel mind immediately brands the girl as a dead weight. At this rate, the situation is a dire and a confrontation might as well unavoidable.

"Ugh... I am sorry. I am not being helpful at all." Perhaps she's able to read the mood, maybe she's just realistic herself, but she remains aware of her own powerlessness. "... I should be able to fend for myself once we get out of this creepy park."

There is obviously a little wishful thinking mixed into that line. There is actually no guarantee that either of you will escape this place alive. Few are the things that can make that one part of you stir in its slumber... And those that do are more often than not impossible to tackle on your own. For that reason, choosing to flee has been, most likely, the right choice to make. You might have come to research the very thing that's after you at this very moment, yet for now the confirmation of its existence should be enough to retreat satisfied.

"Luna... I go by that name."

After a few moments of silence, the girl introduces herself though she was never asked to. Most likely, since you are here putting your life at risk for the sake of being a gentleman, she must believe that, at the very least, you deserve to know the identity of the one you are saving, even if all what you get is just a moniker and not her real name. This, in turn, compels you to introduce yourself as well, however, it appears Luna has picked the worst possible timing for this exchange, as the park itself is rapidly shrouded in mist, no, fog, announcing that the hunter has finally caught up with its prey.

"..."

This is not a natural phenomenon, that much you can tell. This mysterious fog is heavily charged with magical energy, to the point where it wouldn't be wrong to say it's dangerous enough to become a problem of its own. That said, the threat it poses pales in comparison to the humanoid shape that is already making its move, dancing through the haze, its presence hard to detect as it moves like a mix of a trained assassin and a beast that's above humans in the food chain. Indeed, despite being more blessed than the average Magus when it comes to feats of perception, the time of the day and the current weather conditions, artificial as they may be, coupled with an evident gap in power... They are not doing yourself any favors.

Considering the raw speed it has already demonstrated by instantly leaving one place to appear in the other, if it wanted, it could have killed you ten times over in the short amount of time that has transpired since its appearance. The only reason you are still alive is because the hunter itself is being cautious.

Escape... Is no longer possible. Even if you leave the girl to her fate and run, it is way past the point of no return, you'd stand no chance at all. Creating an opening to escape is nothing short of a miracle and it would be accurate to say that your immediate future isn't looking so good as things stand.

For better or for worse, it's time to make a stand.

Interlude - Born to Kill

It's a battle that escapes human understanding but, simultaneously, one that has been there since the beginning of time.

Encased in a prison of thick black fog, a warrior puts her life on the line to challenge a beast born from the very shadows that surround them. Both of them has surpassed the limits imposed by their ancestors and become machines of destruction that are not often seen in this day and age.

---A hero who willingly turned her blade against her own kind.

------A beast who instinctively defended the helpless.

Sparks fly as their weapons clash against one another in a rapid flurry of blows and it becomes impossible to determine which of them represents justice or which of them is more closely tied to the term known as 'humanity'. No, to be fair, one should not try to compare these beings to mere humans. If anything, these two cannot be classified as anything but monsters. Whether one of them lost their humanity at a certain point or never had it from the very beginning is irrelevant. Beings clad in darkness, unable to demonstrate any real emotion and produce no meaningful gesture, they are both individuals who can kill as if it were second nature.

Tonight, there is no reason for them to fight.

And yet, being the type of monster who does not need a reason to jump into one, the moment these two met, it became clear that their onslaught would not be stopped by anything or anybody until one of them proved their superiority over the other.

In essence, the victor of this match should be all too clear.

Physical strength, endurance and even fighting skill. The hunter is superior in every single aspect, leaving no clear openings through its ruthless style. There is not a single weakness the beast can exploit. It is a losing battle with an ending that has already been foretold. But maybe because it has not realized it yet, or perhaps because it is incapable of grasping the nature of the enemy it is facing, it doesn't relent on its attacks.

It runs at great speed and leaps at its foe from several different angles. It dashes in and out of the night and wields the night itself as its weapon.

But.

No matter how swift her assault is, the swordswoman deflects every single blow with finesse and strikes back at her enemy in the same motion. Even in terms of speed, it wouldn't be wrong to claim that she also holds the upper-hand.

"__________!!!"

It attacks fails yet again and now it is wounded.

It has to use all of its energy just to keep up and once its stamina disappears, it will be cut down in one blow. Yes, in essence, the beast is blocking the hunter's blows by attacking. At the same time, because of her overwhelming might, every exchange is a bad trade and thus the wolf rapidly begins to lose momentum.

She was not this powerful before, however, now that she has granted an identity, she's practically the strongest of them all.

As if to empathize this, the creature retreats back into the shadows, its presence quickly fading into the night.

The swordswoman cannot chase after the beast. As much as it would like to, it is certainly the one field where it would outclass her.

"..."

This is her territory, that much has been established.

And as long as intruders remain within its boundaries, the burning rage flowing through her veins will not be extinguished.

And so, she'll continue to look for beasts to slay and mortals to deprive of their lives.

Two of them shouldn't be very far...

Interlude Out

Alicia Rosenkopf
    Miyama- Streets
    Night Phase

"Don't be sorry, Alicia. If anything, I should be thanking you." The blue haired girl says all of a sudden, beaming a recomforting smile. "Had you not placed yourself between that thing and me... Escaping with only an injury would have become the best case scenario, and an unlikely one at that. Truth is, I... I overexerted myself during the prelude of our battle. I'm pretty much at my limit."

It's only natural.

You only faced that demon for a minute at best, but Masaki Tomomi must have fended it off for at least five before you arrived. To go at it against such an unfairly strong opponent and still stand in one piece is a feat worth mentioning, one that certainly puts her on the level of a superhero. That said, it appears the little girl has something to say about that. After all, she is not the sort of person to overlook details, as tiny as they might be. Even now, as you slowly advance through the streets of Miyama, her mind is reviewing the events that have taken place minutes ago. For a normal person, hell even for you, it would be normal to be in shock. Likewise, the chaotic nature of battle would be a simple excuse to overlook a certain attack pattern or a change in the enemy's behavior. Recalling such events with pinpoint accuracy just isn't realistic. However, for Masaki Tomomi, it is the norm.

"I think it might have powered up after I attacked it. Prior to adopting a female shape, it was not as strong nor as fast as it showcased during the final parts of the encounter. If it has the innate ability to grow and adapt when struck by supernatural phenomena, it might be really, really bad..."

For a teen that does not look any older than fifteen, Tomomi can certainly talk like a licensed professional at times. At this point, it almost feels as if she's reading the contents of a book out loud and then making conjectures out of what she has read. Unfortunately, this feels more like a monologue rather than an actual conversation...

Fortunately, with a slight change in topic, her attention once more focuses on you, as she tells you a little bit more about who she is and how she ended up here, in Fuyuki.

"Yeah. My brother and I are staying at a local inn. The Sleeping Bishop. It's uphill." Tomomi hesitates a bit, perhaps wondering if you are part of the local populace or a visitor from elsewhere, like her. Deciding to leave that question for later, she continues: "... And no. I don't think we can be called superheroes, unfortunately. After all, we didn't fight because we wanted to, but because we had to. I apologize if this makes little sense to you... For now let's just say my brother and I had to fight lots of beings similar to the one you just saw in order to survive."

The girl pauses for a moment, as if trying to find the right way to continue without further confusing or scaring you. In the end, however, a single line manages to overpower all lines of thought.

"Its funny. We came to Fuyuki to move onwards with our lives but now... It almost feels like we're back on square one."

After a moment she shakes her head.

"Sorry about that. I didn't mean to sound so gloomy. What can you tell me about yourself, Alicia? If we can keep talking like this for a little bit more, we'll arrive at the inn in no time."
    Last edited by hero; December 3rd, 2019 at 10:05 PM.

Blog Entries
    Yamashita Hiro
    Shinto - Fuyuki's Central Park
    Night Phase

The problem with a mistake is in most cases, you didn’t actually realize you were making one until you looked back. In hindsight this seemed so much clearer.
    Luna and Hiro were about to die.

ANd that was due to a mistake Hiro had made, plain and simple. He had known danger was coming, but he had under appreciated both the level of threat and its speed. He had thought he had more time.

...Well, there was that and…maybe he had overestimated his own abilities. The Miracle of the Yamashita clan. Even though he had adroitly sensed danger, he had not been willing to allow himself perhaps to truly recognize powers greater than his own. He had told the girl, who had introduced herself as Luna, that they would die if they stayed but…

Really, what he had really meant was “You will die if you stay.” In other words, there had been a part of himself which refused to acknowledge a superior predator. Now face to face with such a being, that overconfidence was about to get him and Luna killed.

He shouldn’t care about Luna. Mages were trained from a young age to view those outside the family as at best temporary tools, things to be used and discarded was the viewpoint of a magus line. And the boy called Yamashita certainly knew this truth. Had espoused such, believed it.

But here is the thing. As any warrior knew, lessons learned on the practice field had a different flavor then actions taken in the heat of battle. Years of teaching tended to fade with the smell of blood. Thus...his name may have been Yamashita. But his first name was also 浩. This was the Kanji for prosperous, the blessing of a magus family and the hope of power.

The pronunciation of such was “Hii-ro.”

To put that another way…

“Hang on.” Hiro’s voice, impossibly calm in the heat of the moment, was the only warning he gave the girl. With the same arm that he had offered to support her, he pulled her slightly off balance. For a moment, it must have appeared as if he intended to destabilize her and run, offering her as a tribute and distraction to the ethereal killer. Surely his ancestors would approve. But as his other arm swooped down and lifted the older girl at the knees, repositioning his right arm along her back to support her by the shoulders.

This method of carrying someone was not useful for combat as it occupied both arms, but it was suitable for someone who expects him and whoever he was carrying to experience a jolt with enough momentum to cause whiplash, or snap the neck, in this case. Which made sense, because when Hiro, odd, weak boy that he was, simply lowered himself into a crouch which put his thighs in near contact with his ankles, if he hadn’t cradled her neck into the force of the jump, only her corpse would have landed.

Yes, the jump, vault, pounce, leap, as the boy simply pushed himself into the sky was entirely outside the boundaries of human understanding. Faster than terminal velocity even at its outset, enough force and height to easily clear the trees of the park.

Escape had been impossible. Surely that was true. But impossible was another way of saying it could not be done by a human. The fastest executor, the quickest demon hunter, none could have equaled the power and speed of the shadow assassin. To do so would be to reach into the realm of myth, of legend.

...That just meant it took a hero to do it. And though 浩 stood for prosperity…

“My name...is pronounced Hero!” Hiro said as they took flight.

Though...the effect of such must have been spoiled somewhat. For when they soared into the sky, and the sickly young boy turned an agile flip in the air, rotating both him and Luna so that his legs were positioned to catch the ground and kick off again, it was an entirely different affect that greeted her in the sky.

“Nyohoho, you are such a spoiled one. Getting saved by a god without even praying or offering gifts. You should at least give me some fish or someth….!”

The energetic stream of words was halted by their crash back to earth.

And...that would be where things began to come apart. Though the initial leap had carried them far through the park, it had not been sufficient to escape. And though it had actually seemed as though it was easy for Hiro, when they came to landing...he stumbled. The reason for such was not apparent, however it appeared to be related to the dark red circles that suddenly began to crisscross his body. Glowing under his clothes, red sigils were showing signs of dark mana. As if a curse overlapped the entirety of the young child, surrounding him in dark magics that sapped at his very being.

The inversion impulse. Primarily associated with the demon clan. It was said there was once a legendary oni-kin, with red flowing hair, who through her lineage could challenge even the soul of the stars. This was not such a transformation, but the Power hidden within, the hunger that it gave rise to... This appeared similar.

At any rate, that which had changed his personality appeared to be repressed by the bindings as well. Whether or not it was the cause of the curse which gleamed the color of blood amongst the curse(s) wrapping his body, or for some other reason, who could say?

...The only thing that kept the boy from spitting out a full mouth of blood that exploded from his core was the thought that doing do would cover Luna with such, dirtying her. So instead he forced himself to swallow it back down, tasting of iron, adrenaline and saliva. He somehow kept his feet, and continued running through the park but...the shadow pursued. And whatever miracle had allowed him to extend their lives by the length of the jump appeared to have already faded.

...Perhaps escape truly was impossible.

wise up!
    Spell revealed: A strange jumping technique.
    Clue revealed: Inversion Impulse.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alicia Rosenkopf
    Miyama- Streets
    Night Phase

"About myself? Aha..." Alicia laughed nervously. She felt a little embarrassed talking about herself. She wasn't anything special after all, not compared to the girl who'd just saved her life. Still, Tomomi had ventured the question in good faith, so responding in turn was only basic courtesy. Grandma had taught her that much.

"Well, my family came from Germany, but they moved to Japan way back before I was born." Alicia got a far-off look in her eyes as she reminisced over her past. "So I've lived my whole life in Japan. It's a really nice place! The food is yummy, people are nice... even if I got some teasing because of my western blonde hair, overall I'm happy to have been born here. Now that I think about it..." she trailed off, putting a finger to her lips in thought. "It sounds like both our families came here a long time ago. Cool, that means we have something in common!" Alicia exclaimed, smiling beamingly as she cupped Tomomi's hands in her own.

The display of affection seemed to take even herself by surprise. "A-ah!" With an adorable squeak of embarrassment Alicia flinched backwards, as if Tomomi's body had been suddenly made of red-hot coals. "S-sorry if that was too much," she murmured, cheeks dyed a rosy hue. "I know it might be embarrassing to hold hands with somebody you just met. It's just that..." Alicia's blush deepened as she busily twirled a lock of blonde hair between her fingers. "I'm really grateful to you for saving my life and all."

'Ugh, why are you acting like such a shy maiden all of a sudden?' Alicia berated herself internally. It's not like she'd never had friends before or anything. But somehow Tomomi felt different. The way she looked at her, as if accepting her for what she is without any judgment, warmed Alicia's heart in a way she hadn't expected. Her powers, her foreign ancestry, even if Alicia hadn't admitted it she'd always felt cut off from others. But none of that seemed to matter to Tomomi.

"A-anyway..." Alicia stammered, looking to fill up the awkward silence as the pair continued trudging through misty streets. Tomomi had asked about her past so it wouldn't hurt to divulge a bit more, and if it helped divert the subject from her own embarrassment all the better. "My mom and dad died when I was really young. B-but don't feel sad!" Alicia added hastily as she noticed the blue-haired girl's worried expression. "Like I said, I was so young I barely even remembered them. I didn't know I was supposed to feel sad when they died. After that, I was taken to live with my grandma. She was a really kind person, and loved me lots. So all in all, I'd say I had a happy childhood."

'Had'. The word echoed in Alicia's ears like a ghost. Yes, even though she was only 14, for Alicia Rosenkopf any semblance of an innocent girlhood could only be called a happy memory. A pleasant illusion that would surely dissolve before the unforgiving light of reality.

She'd opened up to Tomomi so much already, that a part of Alicia even wanted to tell her about "that day". But she quickly buried the thought. If other people found out who she truly was, then she would never be loved or accepted. Even Tomomi's accepting expression would surely twist into one of scorn and disgust. Because Alicia Rosenkopf wasn't a normal human. Not in her powers, and not in her psyche either. She was... she was...

Splattered blood.

Squelching flesh.

A young girl's tearstreaked face.

An anguished voice, pronounced like a desperate prayer; "Why, why won't you love me?!"

Those impressions and countless more suddenly flashed through Alicia's mind. As if she were at the center of a macabre carousel with each sight that spun past her eyes more ghoulish and disturbing than the last.

But Alicia wasn't taken aback by this spectral assault. Emotions of horror, outrage and revulsion didn't wash over her like they would for a normal girl confronted with such scenes. Far from it. After all, it was only the same thing she saw every time she closed her eyes, slipping into a peaceful sleep. Every time her consciousness blurred and the ■■■■ inside her began to awaken.

Alicia blinked to clear the visions out of her mind, like they were no more than motes of dust caught in her eyelashes. She returned to reality to see Tomomi staring concernedly at her. 'Ah, from her point of view it must look like I just suddenly spaced out for no reason.' Alicia realized.

"S-sorry about that!" she blurted out, doing her best attempt at a sheepish laugh. "I guess I just got a little woozy from the pain all of a sudden." In truth, the agony in her arm had settled into a dull throbbing at this point, one that Alicia could easily ignore by shoving into the corners of her psyche. She idly pondered if people with special abilities like her and Tomomi had a heightened ability to recover from injuries. Or maybe she was just used to pain.

Satisfied in having reassured her friend, Alicia let her eyes wander, peering off down the darkened street. The thick fog made the lamplights regularly dotting the road look almost ethereal, like will o' wisps emerging from the gloom. "Not to be rude," Alicia spoke up. "But how far away are we from that inn you mentioned? I'm not sure how much longer I can keep walking like this."

It was true. Even with the pain in her arm having faded, Alicia's legs still felt weak from the strenuous battle and then running for her life. Every step she took felt like fighting her body's engrained need to take a break and rest. Of course, if pushed to her limits Alicia was sure she could muster another burst of last-ditch strength, but after that she'd be truly exhausted and might just collapse on the spot.

She was definitely looking forward to a stay at a nice relaxing, warm inn right now...

Hiyako Tsurara
    Night Phase

"That would be correct, Master Hiyako. It would seem that Master Masaki's younger sister, Tomomi, has left the premises without permission... Yet again."

As the three of you look in the direction of the shed as the boy recklessly barges into it, it is Sakaki Yuuna who confirms your theory, although she only speaks after Takagi Akane grants her permission to do so through a firm yet discrete nod of her head. But, although you pretty much instinctively figured out the cause behind the tension that has overtaken the garden... Isn't this all a little weird? Even in the middle of nowhere, these are no hours to wander the streets. Supernatural threats aside, it is not a place for a child, you know that all too well. No, more importantly, how was it possible for a little girl to escape everyone's attention and flee outside? From the very beginning you were aware that this household, as open and peaceful as it looks, is properly protected. At the very least, a bounded field has been erected around it, its purpose to detect the presence of guests going in and out of the building.

... That is not to say that doing so is an impossible feat. Rather, what it means is that is that the girl they called Masaki Tomomi must be extremely knowledgeable or extremely talented, despite her age. Perhaps both. Either that, or there is some a certain degree of complicity between Tomomi's departure and the owner's actions.

"Though it is not the first time that an event like this takes place, I cannot help but to worry." The maid adds, voicing her thoughts. "Fuyuki can be dangerous this late into the night."

To that, Akane lets out a sigh, recognizing the problem at hand. She can already feel the urge to smoke reaching the resurfacing once more. Waving a hand in a dismissive manner, she acknowledges Yuuna's desire to help and orders her to go alongside the boy.

"Go with him, Yuuna. Search the perimeter, she can't have gone too far. Tomomi must have likely intended to sneak back into her bed before the end of Taichi's training, so we wouldn't notice her absence. It is possible that she's already on her way back. And... Make sure Taichi is not too harsh on her. They've been through enough... There is no need for their relationship to get any more tense."

Your current situation is somewhat complicated and a tad strange. At this point, there is not much thing you can do other than make a choice: Either offer your assistance and accompany the makeshift rescue team that's being assembled, or simply let others handle the problem and go back to sleep. In the meantime, you are stuck as an observer who cannot do anything but watch as the scene around you continues to unfold.

When Masaki Taichi comes back from the shed carrying a strange-looking katana in a casual manner, your suspicion only grows deeper. After all, even those with the faintest knowledge of arcane lore would be able to notice: That's not a normal weapon. Within the abyss that is its long, pitch-black blade lies a large storage of mystery, one that is evidenced by the faint crimson glow that becomes visible from time to time in set intervals.

You, who are no less than an adept swordsmaster, cannot help but recognize the sheer danger that said weapon represents, not just to your kind, but to anyone who steps in its way. Though a glance is unfortunately not enough for you to properly appraise it... You can tell that, at least in terms of rarity, it stands on par with your own relic.

One surprise after another, it appears that the night remains young for those neck-deep into the supernatural side of the world.

"..."

Again, without sparing any words, the boy rushes back into the building and heads straight to the front gate. To this, the maid bows in a way that's both rushed and apologetic and quickly dashes after the boy.

"If you intend to go, this would be the time to start moving."

Akane, who has managed to remain calm and collected despite the whole incident, now stares at you with a somewhat amused look on her face. She seems to be curious about what you intend to do next. Will you choose to swim against the tide, or will you allow yourself to be swept by the storm...?

Her cat-like eyes fixated on you, it is time for Hiyako Tsurara to decide.

Blog Entries
    Shiba Nao
    Night Phase

So… Ultimately I couldn’t come up with a plan! The end result was just me going in first to see if I could get Master in a straightforward way while Kotoha-chan came in a little later to see if she can discreetly explore the police station. Anything past that was just pure straight up winging it as they came. The only thing we could agree on was that killing everyone in the police station was a last resort.

I walked into the police station normally and after orienting myself for a little bit, I went straight towards the old man who looked like the definition of a paper pusher. Old, fat, and on the verge of a heart attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Heart Attack Prone Paper Pusher Oji-san
    "Oh. Well, that's strange. Good night, ladies, how may I be of help? Whether you need me to run after a bad guy or give you a ride back home, old Hirofumi here is your man for the job."
    “Evening Oji-san! I need help finding my Mom! She seems to have gotten lost and I think she might be here.”

Then he started doing standard procedure by asking what her name was. I told him Master’s name. He seemed confused at that so I started gesturing to him what Master looked like.

“She’s like this talll! Has a face like this. And her hair is like super pretty in this kind of style.”

As I started to describe Master, Heart Attack Prone Oji-san started to look uneasy and less inclined to help me. Once I was done, he even said.

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Pusher Oji-san
    "No, I am sorry, there is no such person here, neither as a witness nor as an inmate."
    Hmmm… What should I do? I wanted to personally kill him for daring to lie that my Master wasn’t here. But Master probably wouldn’t be happy if I killed a Geezer of Justice just for doing his job… Oh I’ve got it!

“Oji-san can you take me home then? Maybe she got home and forgot to call me on my cell phone. That mom of mine worrying her cute daughter like this!”

He seemed noticeable more relieved that I was dropping the issue and just wanted a ride back home. However, it seems like he didn’t realize that I was having him drive in circles nearby the police station. Once I got to my destination, a relatively deserted road with no potential witnesses. He stopped the car and went to give me a big smile when I said something.

“Thanks for the ride Heart Attack Oji-san!” I gave him a nice big smile before pointing something at him, “Now I suggest you tell me the truth on what’s going on with my ‘Mom.’ Oh and try anything funny, your brain might go all nice splat-splat!”

Hmm as much as I would enjoy him going splat-splat all over the place. I would prefer him giving me all the information he has and I’m Master will praise me for allowing this Geezer of Justice to retire.

Blog Entries
    Hiyako Tsurara
    Night Phase

“I see.” Is all Tsurara answers to the maid’s words as she observes the proceedings. She remains to the side, uninvolved, her mind working on various theories, then discarding them shortly afterwards. Not enough information. The whole situation was too odd.

The strangeness increased when the boy came back, this time armed with a weapon that wouldn’t pale if put besides her own. By this point it is more than clear that the Masaki siblings aren’t normal children, and are more than involved with the supernatural side of the world. If anything, this just increased the number of questions that needed answers.

Well, if she cared enough to want answers for those questions. Something to think about later.

Both Taichi and Yuuna made their way towards the front gate, leaving them behind. Tsurara, however, remained in her corner, arms crossed and expression unreadable. However, at the moment Akane asks her question, two eyes as if specks of ice shoot her a withering, freezing glance that would’ve made lesser women recoil away with fear. And remained like that for more than a few minutes, while the maid and the boy got farther and farther away.

This was bothersome. Or rather, she just found it incredibly annoying.

It seemed that this woman had already figured Tsurara’s personality out.

Fine. She had figured some things about the redhead as well.

She stifled a yawn, and turned around silently, taking a few steps towards the hallway, before stopping.

“You owe me a drink.”

Tsurara’s voice sounds extremely annoyed as she says this, although it seems that most of said annoyance is directed towards herself more than anything else. Then, she took one elegant step… and disappeared.

It looked like she was just taking a normal step, as if she was walking, but she was moving incredibly quickly, with superhuman speed that spoke more of her abnormality than her hair or eyes ever could.

Although she quickly caught up with the duo, she remained behind, moving silently, shadowing them and not showing herself before them. But, also not bothering to particularly hide her presence. The boy wouldn’t notice her, probably, while the maid might be able to. She didn’t seem to care much either way.

She would only intervene if she was needed.

quotes

Blog Entries
    Takanashi Kotoha
    Night Phase

She trails behind Nao, naturally slinking into the shadows despite her glitzy exterior. Kotoha isn’t particularly sure if the plan, or what’s supposed to be the plan will work, but when Nao miraculously gets the old man to move away from his desk, she knows there is an opening. Honestly… was her partner a child in disguise? It’d explain a lot, but she’s here for work and there’s no bitching about what you need to do while you gotta do it.

Before the other officer can take the old man’s place, she’s already looked over at a spot deeper into the station, an unoccupied corner where she could sneak her way into the depths. Kotoha takes a deep breath, focuses, and one step becomes many, a girl who was suddenly at the front desk popping out into an unoccupied office in the back with one fluid motion. Still, here is the part where she needs to be wary, and she cautiously takes a look around, silent steps and quick peeks in the hopes she doesn’t get caught.

All she needs to do is find the target and break out. Preferably not loud. She glances for where the holding cells are, and if there’s a clear way to make her move. Slow, steady, deliberate. She doesn’t like rushing, and Kotoha likes to do clean work.

Glenn Alexander Velvet
    Shinto - Fuyuki Airport
    Night Phase

A cliche among cliches posited that the highlights of your life - pivotal moments defining your altogether brief mortal experience - rush to the forefront of your mind during your final moments, more of a brief backwards glance than a meditation on mortality. A patently absurd notion that the mind could settle the hierarchy of experiences at the very last moment even accounting for the most extreme epiphanies and procrastinating tendencies, but somehow no spiritual evoker I knew of had thought to verify the claim. Perhaps a seance with the wraith of Tohsaka Natsu would provide an answer to the age-old question. As it was I could only be certain that what flashed before my eyes during the boy's drastic kinetic horizontalisation was a vision of my career shattering into a myriad shards as if an automobile had just crashed through its fragile facade, leaving behind untold material damages and funeral expenses to be foisted on the relatives of those involved in the accident.

And seeing as I wasn't even sure if the accidental nature of the event would attenuate matters when I explained to Tohsaka Rin how her son had died in my esteemed company and implicit supervision, one of those funerals would be my own.

That about summed up the mental gymnastics I crammed inside two seconds of external time. My physical capabilities were nowhere near that level, of course, so wheezing breaths from the mild exertion and open gaping at the space once occupied by my erstwhile student, now displaced by the modern world's conveyor of souls to any and all locations up to and including the afterlife. Truly, what a way for a magus to go. The irony, the syncretism!

Evidently the shock was wearing off and I was beginning to panic, and since my panic pertained to my personal future prospects I hadn't quite spared a thought to Natsu's immediate predicament. It could be said I'd mentally written him off. I'd never seen an accident like this in person but a visceral logic dictated that people involved in such collisions didn't walk away from them. But what did I know? Nothing! I didn't even want to know!

But, well. This was my responsibility. The realisation of this fact cut through my indecision as it always did. It dragged my eyes towards the reality I didn't want to face with the uncompromisable firmness of inexorable duty - a teacher's duty towards his student.

I turned my eyes and there he was, crumpled on the concrete. A groan of pain issue from his lips. Still alive, miraculously. I rushed to his side with no clear idea of what I would do. I had no healing magecraft I could use, he had no crest to repair his body. What a hopeless situation. At least, I could catch his last words—!

"Ooowww... The hell, Matou-?! That's not the way to greet me after all this time... You could have killed me, goddamnit...!"

He....

"You're..."

He was....fine? In disbelief I turned him over, not even remotely considering the possibility of aggravating any wounds. Just as well, as there weren't any. What the fuck?

"Are, you alright?" Probably a stupid question to ask someone who took a battering from an automobile if not for him genuinely looking slightly stunned but otherwise none the worse for wear. Reinforcement, it had to be. I'd no idea how or when he'd cast it, if he'd anticipated the need for it, but....no, perhaps there was another precaution. Gems, filled with magical energy and hidden under his clothes to absorb the blow? He was a Tohsaka, and...

Wait. Matou?

"It's your fault for trying to run away in such a poor and predictable manner," a voice drawled. I spared a glance and, sure enough, was met with telltale blue hair and the unrepentant face of a would-be murderer. Or was she? Natsu had called it a greeting, so perhaps extreme violence was the cornerstone of social interactions in this remote and fascinating culture. Judging by the person we had been running away from in the first place I couldn't rule that out. Speaking of her, she must have caught up by now. Just in time to reveal she just wanted to greet Natsu as well, no doubt. What the hell had I gotten myself into?

"Ugh... Mr. Velvet... This is my friend Kaori... And caretaker Aya... They are pretty much like family..." Using my proferred arm as leverage, the boy climbed back up to his feet with only a slight wince and dishevelment as souvenirs from his fall. Family, okay, whatever. At least they didn't want to kill him, I figured; and it was only then, when I was confronted with the tangible proof of his well-being, that the relief truly hit me. He was fine. I was fine. He was alive, and so was my career. Fuyuki had tested me, and I had survived.

Okay, that last bit was too much. Still, I was relieved to say the least with the resolution of this ridiculous sequence. My heartbeat slowed down and I got my breath under control, straightened up and figured I might as well introduce myself in a civil and civilised manner before these two ladies greeted me the local way.

And then, of course, one of them began strangling Natsu.

To reiterate from earlier, I was an only child with no real relatives to speak of. On the other hand I was, by any given standard, a rational person with a firm understanding of social norms and the scope of human behaviour gained through my own interactions and observations of the world around me. For example, I'd never, strictly speaking, had friends, but I understood the nature of such a relationship, the breadth of its permutations, the variability of its constituents. I knew that violence, both ritualised and spontaneous, had a role in resolving disagreements, relieving tensions, and strengthening bonds between friends. Lady Forklift versus Super Fine Red, Glascheit versus Escardos, I'd heard the stories. But running someone over with an automobile, and this...

"How old do you think I am brat?! I am obviously not an aunt! I'm a beloved big sister, get my titles right!"

I had to get away from these lunatics. Introduce myself, excuse myself, wash my hands of this madness.

"Er...." Not sure who exactly to address, I settled on the person whose hands weren't full with someone else's head - the Matou girl nonchalantly sipping on a beverage at the passenger seat. "Good evening, ah, miss Matou. I am—"

"So, Mr. Velvet huh? You the brat's teacher?"

Without even letting go of Natsu's neck, the other girl - Aya, was it - turned her interest to me. A beat of silence followed her question while I rerouted my thoughts. I was not used to being interrupted, nor did I appreciate it, but she had a hostage.

Deescalate, Glenn. Establish a channel of negotiation. Smooth things over. Hell, smooth yourself over first. Might even salvage this first impression.

"I've had the occasional pleasure of teaching Mr. Tohsaka, yes. Glenn Velvet, lecturer for the El-Melloi classroom." Here I considered offering a handshake that would force the girl to end her stranglehold on Natsu, rejecting the notion upon considering how embarrassing it would be to be left hanging. The teacher valuing his pride more than the life of his student wasn't quite the intended message, but at that point I'd take it. The girl hardly acknowledged the introduction anyway.

"You two were going together, so lemme guess...He offered to let you stay at his place right?"

Was it worth denying it? At this point I'd sooner sleep on a bench. The random acts of violence that Tohsaka Natsu's presence in Fuyuki seemed to precipitate ran contrary to the admittedly vague plans I'd made for my visit. In stark terms, it would impose unnecessary stress on my vacation. But in all honesty - honesty towards myself, that is - vacationing was the farthest thing from my intentions for this visit. My first instinct was to avoid trouble, but what had I even come here for? To while away a couple of weeks and wait for something to happen? Something like this, strange and uncomfortable though it seemed, might well be that something.

I'd left London with no idea where to start. I'd already made the acquaintance of two inheritors of the Holy Grail War's legacy. The timely sound of slurping liquid through a straw at my back attested to that truth. Even though it felt like I was about to make a big mistake, that was often how the most unexpected journeys began.

"If that's the case, you might as well hop in the car. I'll drop you off with him," came the offer once more.

Ah well. Father always said that his students would be the death of him. I only hoped I would be proven just as wrong.

"He did mention something of the sort. Then, if you'd be so kind?"
    Last edited by Leftovers; December 7th, 2019 at 08:48 PM.

Takanashi Kotoha
    Shinto - Police Station
    Night Phase

The average hitman would have been quickly spotted. Ultimately, it's not a matter of knowing where to hide but when to make the right move. After all, once one moves past the initial obstacle that is the reception counter, one is greeted by narrow corridors that offer no room for escape. One's best bet would be to bend in with their surroundings, to disguise oneself as an officer of the law and pray that attention is not drawn to oneself. However, in a city as small as this one, where after decades of expansion and progress, a lot of its inhabitants appear to know each other, not even that can be considered a fail-proof plan. For you, who is neither wearing an uniform nor has an acceptable reason to have ventured this far, bumping into an officer here would prove to be quite the problem. And indeed, the window of time you thought you had proves to be smaller than what you had initially predicted and you are forced to gracefully dash into a nearby office.

"..."

It would certainly been an awkward moment, had there been anyone in that office at the time. Fortunately, that is not the case. That was a close call, way too close for comfort. Even if you are no stranger to sneaking into places under vigilance at all times, the restrictions placed on this particular mission are forcing you to strain yourself just to move one step further to the goal. Hopefully, that makeshift partner of yours does not do something stupid. While it was her plan what allowed you to get this far in the first place, if she ends up killing that cop, your extra effort is going to be all for nothing. Pushing those negative thoughts to the back of your head, you take a peek outside. Seeing no movement, you use this chance to move.

Naturally, the thought of a random teenager making it all the way to the cells unnoticed has never crossed the minds of those in charge of the police station. The Yakuza's influence in Fuyuki is strong but they are not the sort of people to break into a police station like this. To put it bluntly, past the counter you have spotted not a single security camera or any other device that would make leaving the scene clean a pain. Thus, after an uneventful stroll through the station, you reach your destination. As it is to be expected, most cells are empty. The inmates in the few cells that are occupied are resting given how late into the night it is. Also, there is no guard around. Just like there is no need for cameras, there is no need for a guard. On the other hand, that also means the keys are not here and the old 'get the keys from the guard' trick is out of the question. You'll have to find a creative way to set your target free.

But, being someone who has already surpassed the limits of what a mere human can do, that should not be a problem for you, right?

Moving in a slow and cautious manner, you silently check each cell for the person you are looking for. This part of the station almost resembles a dungeon, so it is rather dark, especially at this time when the lights are out. So it goes without saying that inside each cell it is even darker. Even so, your target is easily identifiable. Long purple hair and beautiful purple eyes. Despite being around twenty years older than you, her overall appearance is one that may even make the likes of you a little jealous. Not being really asleep, the woman gets up from the small bed to the side of the cell once she notices your presence, presence which you thought you were hiding well, by the way. Then, without saying a single word, she fires a cold stare your way, as if to gather where you are here to save her or to execute her. Yes, in front of you, separated only by iron bars, is the distant relative of the newly appointed mayor. And though you do not know at this time, she's also a warrior, a victor -if she can be called such- of formerly secret ritual...

---A survivor of a subcategory Holy grail war.

Azama Tae.
    Last edited by hero; December 31st, 2019 at 12:12 PM.

Glenn Alexander Velvet (& Aya Alayana)
    Shinto - Streets
    Night Phase

Five minutes later, you are looking through the car's backseat window, doing your best to endure Tohsaka Natsu's tourist guide speech. As the vehicle moves through the streets of Shinto, you are given a brief description of each place of interest you leave behind. However, it would be a lot more useful if you could actually see a bloody thing. Because, as it would turn out, not only is it dark at this time of the night, but also a thick layer of mist has descended upon Fuyuki. The windows are a little fogged up as well, so there is little a man can do to deal with these obstacles to one's vision without having to resort to Magecraft.

"And that's 'Convergence'," Natsu pointed out, speaking the last word with a forced French accent. "Right now, it's the biggest shopping centre in Fuyuki. It was formerly called 'Verde', but it was bought by a rich French family a couple of years ago. Maybe we could..."

The boy goes on about how taking his teacher to such place would be equal to embarking on a great adventure and seems to take the unilateral decision of visiting it together later down the line. Meanwhile, Matou Kaori has been, for the most part of the ride, silent, almost as if giving you a cold shoulder. Perhaps she is shy, or maybe she isn't fond of bureaucratic Magi from foreign countries. Whatever the reason, you have not managed to extract more than an unimpressive 'Nice to meet you'. On the other hand, Aya can be slightly more successful because then the blue haired girl has no option but to answer, as she would like to avoid facing an enemy she has no chance of defeating. Though they seemingly get along well, Matou and Tohsaka might actually be polar opposites.

Eventually, your eyes catch a vague sight of the edge of the bridge through the window. Ah, this is the bridge that connects Shinto and Miyama together. Despite the fact that, from your current perspective, it's looks hardly any different than any other road, you did catch a glimpse of it during the flight's descent and you were unable to deny its grandeur. Surely, such a marvelous construct must play a meaningful role in the story of Fuyuki. Unfortunately...

---That is as far as that train of thought is allowed to go.

"An accident...?"

Matou Kaori mutters, somewhat skeptical. There is no such thing as heavy traffic here, much less over a bridge at this time of the night, so the events that can lead to a car accident are few. Aya Alayana must have already noticed something wrong with the scene, as she had already began lowering the vehicle's speed before Kaori spoke. The fog however, makes it hard to see what's lies only a few meters ahead, so it is only natural to be careful. However, as the car moves closer and closer to the scene, you spot the silhouette of a man standing there in the middle of the road, with a vehicle by its side.

"We need to help...!" Natsu, quick to act as always, tries to open the door to the car. However... "Huh...? Nee-san?"

However, the doors are closed. And for a good reason.

What's standing there cannot be called 'human'. And what lies next to it is nothing but the remains of its last victim.

Without delay and probably without time to give it a second thought, Aya puts the car on reverse and steps on the gas. At the same time, the tires shriek in agony as the abrupt maneuver pushes them to the limit. Normally, given a person's size in comparison to the space a vehicle can navigate over the bridge, it should have been simple to avoid the threat and move past it. With a huge responsibility falling on her shoulders, it is clear that the heir Alayana cannot afford to confront whatever that thing is, not when it would put the lives of others at risk. And even so... Instead of moving forward and avoiding it, she has chosen to move backwards and retreat as fast as possible. Ultimately, it's the right call. For had she done otherwise, the four of you might have already been dead.

However, the horror doesn't end there.

The being which formerly lacked a distinct shape morphs and changes its appearance. Sprouting two enormous wings and a tail to be used as a weapon, it charges at the car's windscreen flying at low altitude. And from the looks of it, despite the driver's best efforts, the creature will crash into the car in no more than a couple of seconds. Within that time-frame...

"Aaaaaaaaaahhhhh-!"

The loud shout of two (or is it three?) scared kids overwrites every other sound.

Shiba Nao
    Shinto - Streets
    Night Phase

"..."

Despite his willingness to bring you here, Hirofumi is not the kind of man who'd fall for such a naively crafted trap. He swore to protect and to serve about thirty years ago and he has been doing exactly that ever since. It would be strange for him not to know Fuyuki's layout like the palm of his hand by this point, and that included who is who and where each person of interest lives. And while he has no way to know where your hiding place is located, he can say for sure that it isn't in this particular street. Yes, the truth is that this policeman saw you pointing a gun at him way before you tried to do so. However, because of your age, he has decided to cooperate thus far, thinking that perhaps he may be able to set you on the right path using only words as a weapon. In hindsight, he shouldn't, he really shouldn't, for all he wants is to retire the force and spend the last of his years with his family. Pressing his luck and putting his life at risk like this is unwise, but...

But when a man is truly concerned about something or someone, sometimes that urge is stronger than their own ego.

"Listen, young miss..." He started, flinching at the pain of the firearm pressed against his body. "I don't know what your 'mother' has done for the Mayor to get angry enough to order us to immediately put her under custody but... This kind of approach won't solve anything, you know? No matter which side pulls the trigger first, it will always result in a tragedy..."

The man makes a pause there, deciding to hand you another proof of his good will.

"Your mother has been properly fed and has not been the victim of any act of violence. While we are not allowed to let her go without proper authorization from the man himself, we can ensure her safety until that time comes. From the looks of it, that moment might not be very far. Even if our hands are tied, as we cannot directly oppose the Mayor, we can not keep her with us for more than 48hs. That's just how things are, so I am sure there is a better way for us to handle it-"

Then, all of a sudden the old man begins to cough violently. At first, you get the impression that he might be faking it so you don't lower your guard even for a moment, however, it quickly becomes apparent that he is not trying to do anything funny. He's just sick...? In any case, you give him some time to recover, but...

But then, all of a sudden...

"Hmph. I did not think that woman could become such a bother. For her to be able to gather this many allies... She sure has changed."

A third voice is heard within the insides of the vehicle.

A voice that does not belong to neither Nao nor Hirofumi but, at the same time, is undoubtedly produced by the old officer's vocal chords.

... More importantly, while you were distracted with it, it appears some neighbors are already approaching your location.

Something is wrong.

The urge to pull the trigger is overwritten by the instinct to get out of the vehicle, for while you cannot understand what is happening, you can tell that danger is approaching fast. Unfortunately, by the time your petite hands reach the promise of freedom, it is already too late, and with a parting message...

"No matter. No hidrance will survive tonight."

Hirofumi(?) says goodbye.

For, at that moment, the peaceful silence of the night is disturbed by the unmistakable symphony of mayhem and destruction.

Ultimately, all you can do is stay low and pray.

For what you are fazing is a rain of gunfire coming from all cardinal directions won't stop until every single magazine is empty.
    Last edited by hero; December 31st, 2019 at 12:11 PM.