Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 283336373839404348 ... LastLast

Thread: Mysterious Story of the Imperial Capital Holy Grail - Fate/type Redline

'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaShiki View Post
    Thanks as always.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylascream View Post
    Kanata thinks the explosion happened in May 8th because that's what the TV shows in his time. That doesn't show any proof that the explosion indeed happened on May 8th, for as we know Church might just manipulate the events for some reason or another.
    That doesn't make sense.
    How would they get the entire world to believe the massive city-wide explosion happened in a different month entirely? Why even introduce that plot point?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    If so, then the HGW should've happened way earlier back in May, with Tsukumo and Saber (which Saber I wonder) in tow. But Kanata appeared while she was on her way to Tokyo, and hasn't even summoned a Servant yet. It's possible that with the other Servants are already summoned, the HGW can still happen way back in May without Saber's involvement, though imagining the War to happen for over three months without any casualties of Masters or Servants is quite a stretch. Things just don't add up here.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    What was the time period between the original 3rd Fuyuki Holy Grail War and the redux Imperial Grail War? Do we know that?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    Things just don't add up here.
    Yeah but imo this is hinting at this being an entirely different timeline instead of his own.
    Or some kind of illusion his gramma used to try and redo things because of her regrets.

US Friend Code
    It being some sort of dream or simulation that Tsukumo made to ease her guilty conscience makes sense with both this discrepancy and how time travel is supposed to be True Magic territory. But then on the other hand, we have Kanata starting to disappear when Tsukumo was dying.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Actually, I don't think we need to worry about justifying the time travel in relation to True Magic.

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vol 1 glossary
    Firstly...Note
    Setting details from Mysterious Story of the Imperial Capital Holy Grail - Fate/type Redline's are not related to existing Fate works. Please understand Mysterious Story of the Imperial Capital Holy Grail is its own unique setting.
    whatever you say mr.mangaka sir

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Beata's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    989,801,787 | Ilias
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Actually, I don't think we need to worry about justifying the time travel in relation to True Magic.
    True, but if I recall correctly, the protagonist himself mentions earlier on in the story that time travel's more on the lines of True Magic, right? So if the story itself brings up that relation, it's more likely an important plot point.
    Fate/Grand Order USA ID: 989,801,787. PM me and I'll make space for you!
    Notable Servants: Jeanne and Arturia

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well they suggest it could be the influence of another unusual entity (i.e. Probably Maxwell's Demon) Since clearly some stuff changed between the light novel and the current events, if the Caster summoned in the original version of the war was different, that might account for the shift in timing. Or it could be that the war actually took place in August and later time shenanigans cause a retroactive explosion in May, I dunno.

We do know from Fate/Zero and the like that summoning of servants and the actual war can be almost a year apart, so its not impossible for certain factors to have shifted the war itself by three months, we'll just have to wait and see how this one happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    D'aw, bonding. This didn't feel like they're meshing all that well yet, but I'm hopeful we'll see this conversation revisited at appropriately dramatic moments in the future.

Not gonna speculate on the story yet, but it definitely seems to be different to the Imperial Grail War we've seen before. Wonder just how many chapters they're setting this manga to be for- could easily see this go for another 60 if they keep this pacing.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    D'aw, bonding. This didn't feel like they're meshing all that well yet, but I'm hopeful we'll see this conversation revisited at appropriately dramatic moments in the future.

Not gonna speculate on the story yet, but it definitely seems to be different to the Imperial Grail War we've seen before. Wonder just how many chapters they're setting this manga to be for- could easily see this go for another 60 if they keep this pacing.
    That depends on whether you count the actual chapters or the snippets we are receiving.

Also, I do not think it is a parallel universe, after all we could see at the beginning how time was rewound.
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Dont think Gil yelling at you to become a uberman will get you a thousand blades unknown to life nor death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    In the nasuverse the easiest way to find out who is the strongest is to have them fight. Whoever loses was the stronger one.

System ∀-99 ∀Gundam BananaShiki's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    The only thing this means is "this is its own timeline"

Quote Originally Posted by Detective Blackstone View Post
    What if EA was in fact EA. As in Electronic Arts.

Does Gil have to buy DLC for its full power?
    Fuck imouto, get power.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Would there really a need to clarify that though?

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Somewhat? It helps to clarify that "this is not the Official Third Holy Grail War". They're not writing the prequel to Fate/Zero here.

Standard (necessary) statement of dont attack my boy just cuz you are lore obsessed.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Just got told that May 8th 1945, the day of explosion incident in this manga, is the day Germany surrendered in WWII. This kills the theory that the hourglass pulled Kanata to normal history, since he's now in a world were both the explosion incident never happened and the Third Reich is still an active war force in August.

Aren't the Nazis on redline supposed to have already lost and are looking for the holy grail to reverse this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Dont think Gil yelling at you to become a uberman will get you a thousand blades unknown to life nor death.
    In the nasuverse the easiest way to find out who is the strongest is to have them fight. Whoever loses was the stronger one.

US Friend Code
    Koha-Ace stuff
    Spoiler:
    My understanding is the guy called "Fuhrer" here is a fake, and the actual Hitler is long dead by the time of this war. So it could be Reich holdouts, I suppose. I'm inclined to believe there's more timeline fuckery going on though given the explosion date already went by without an explosion.

well, the author better don't fuck this up then, i can see like %90 of the readers doing a "what the fuck why" when this timeline bs gets explained

System ∀-99 ∀Gundam BananaShiki's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Detective Blackstone View Post
    What if EA was in fact EA. As in Electronic Arts.

Does Gil have to buy DLC for its full power?
    Fuck imouto, get power.