Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 172225262728293237 ... LastLast

Thread: Mysterious Story of the Imperial Capital Holy Grail - Fate/type Redline

Quote Originally Posted by Takashi View Post
    Implying they simply couldn't wreck the country in two minute tops. Not a single weapon would be usable against nobu.
    I'm pretty sure that the Mages Association would intervene.
    I'm not sure if they could do something though, after all we don't know if they had someone who could fight servants back then.

I'm pretty sure that a country that even then was considered one of the strongest can defeat a relatively weak Servant like Nobunaga, let's not forget that not all magic is in control of the magicians association, although if Japan uses it well it could perfectly tip the scales of war in their favor.

And the association has always had guys capable of taking on Servants.

Reminder that normal weapons can't harm servants.

The Association has like two or three people who can really fight servants, without counting Zelretch and The Director who aren't gonna do anything as always.

Yeah, I suppose the enforcers could deal with any servant together, but before the mages stop killing each other and start focusing on the enemy Japan will be destroyed.

Let's be honest, although it is said that wizards secretly control the world it has been shown that all major countries have their own secret troops of wizards.

Also the association has quite a few people who can fight a Servant or beat him, Zouken himself could beat a Servant in ideal conditions, Bazett could fight directly against them and it really didn't seem to be treated that specially, if the association sent two or three people like her could perfectly beat a weak Servant like Nobunaga.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfredo845 View Post
    Zouken himself could beat a Servant in ideal conditions.
    When did this happen? Was it stated or actually happened for real?

I think I remember Nasu saying it in the Heaven's feel III interview.

Of course, they are "ideal conditions" but the fact that he can do so means that there are quite a few mages who can face Servants as well.

US Friend Code
    Emphasis on "Ideal conditions". And even then, it's still a long shot.

Magi beat a Servant might be possible with rogue, masterless Servants. But regular Servants have the backing of their Masters with CS that can turn the battle to their favor instantly, from power boost to emergency escape. The best way to face them is by summoning your own Servant imo.

Where do you think a long shot would be even under ideal conditions?

You are really underestimating magicians, to give an example, Bazett had a Noble Phantasm capable of defeating Saber and Lancer (I know he had the help of Angra Mainyu but it must also be clarified that both are strong even for Servants in general because of which I think she was able to carry out her strategy alone with a normal one) and it was made clear that other families have more of these, plus Rin was able to kill Heracles once, not to mention they don't they have to attack her directly, they can go after her Master or ambush him with her magician things.

US Friend Code
    I said "long shot" due to the difference in parameter between magi and Heroic Spirits, particularly their physical strength. That alone is quite a hurdle to surmount without a fairly high luck.

For Bazett, Fragarach is an NP that work best when her opponent uses their trump cards. By herself, Servants won't feel threatened enough to use their NP against a mere human, so Angra's Verg Avesta is crucial to achieve that condition.

As for Rin, she did kill Berserker with high quality gems fueled by her mana for years to kill him once, and by catching him off-guard. Were it a regular Servant, the battle would end there, but this is Herc we're talking about.

I'm not saying that magi are weak, or it's impossible for them to defeat Servants, but Servants just have too many gimmicks that they are too risky for magi to engage head-on. They tend to go with much safer options.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Command Spells exist in Redline, which should mean Zouken studied Servants in enough depth to create them. He’s the best bet just for how much he understands Servants.

Aoko's grandfather should also be alive at the time of Redline, I don't know if he has got his True Magic yet though.

It also depends on the type of Servant, a Caster or Assassin can be mastered by a mage with good reinforcement and close-range combat skills.

And yes, that's what I'm trying to say, people always seem to think that magicians will go straight to face a Servant face to face when what they will do is strategize and try to use every possible trick.

Whether mages association intervene or not is a later thing. It took so many years for them to intervene in fuyuki's grail wars. Letting nobunaga loose in important check points in America. It would be the end. They definitely aren't broadcasting supernatural attack so it's a long shot for association to involve in it. From what I learned from strange fake that America is quite new in strange fake.

It is one thing for a "minor ritual" to get out of control, and another for a country to decide to use magic to fight another in the greatest war of the moment and which is being observed by the whole world, not only the association would intervene if not that also the holy church and any other organization that wants to keep magic secret, in fact I would not be surprised if later Japan "inexplicably" suffered a great disaster, like that country that tried to militarize magic.

Association doesn't care as long as you keep the secrecy of magic. They wouldn't care if a country gets destroyed or not. If the secrecy of magic is kept together. That's it. One of the reason why they encourage fight between factions in tower.

- - - Updated - - -

Considering how association treated servants going out of control in snowfield. They made it a no man's land. They wouldn't give a rat's ass if a country gets destroyed. They would cover it with something like "unfortunate nuclear explosion" or something along the way to explain shits.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    They don't care if villages get wiped off the map, but one of the reigning powers of the world being destroyed would be an issue they could not cover up whatsoever. You're also talking about a very wide country with a population nearing 150 million at the time of this series. Nobu can destroy any military outpost without resistance, but there's simply no way a singular Servant would ever have the time and magical energy to actually destroy or take over such a large area without news getting out.

What kind of disaster could explain that in a matter of days or weeks one of the superpowers of the moment fell, without any enemy troops being sighted?

What will they do with the witnesses? If Nobunaga were to walk around destroying everything there would be millions or tens of millions of witnesses.

And even if they could do it in some way, how would they explain it to the Holy Church? That kind of event would definitely affect them politically.

Also, what kind of message would you send to other countries?

"They can use magic as a weapon to fight each other, it's not like we care in the least"

No matter how you look at it, it is far less troublesome to simply deal with one or two Servants than with the consequences of letting them do whatever they want.
    Last edited by Alfredo845; November 20th, 2020 at 11:24 AM.

By the way, since no one has commented on it, here is the cover page from volume 2:

All this time I thought the unnamed lieutenant was blonde.
    Last edited by Alfredo845; November 20th, 2020 at 12:56 PM.

US Friend Code
    She is Medusa's expy after all, so it makes sense.

i still love how hilarious her name is. literally Rider in German
    Was there a release date for the next chapter?
    Last edited by Cylascream; November 20th, 2020 at 07:13 PM.