Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 131821222324252833 ... LastLast

Thread: Mysterious Story of the Imperial Capital Holy Grail - Fate/type Redline

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Wasn't it pretty much stated that, for instance, the still living Qin Liangyu from SIN and the still living Nero from Septem (even with the matter of Septem's writing being, well, Septem's writing) were fairly able to fight and hurt Servants? I forgot, did the Emperor augment Qin somehow, or was that just her picking up from where she'd be frozen and thus all her own capacity?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    And to get back to the initial argument, Izou as said before should've been easily able to escape whatever he thought Kanata was doing with the mysterious object without having to relinquish the hostage. But I guess the scene had to move forward and Kanata had to make himself useful somehow.
    Author should have characterized Izou as fighting cautiously beforehand then done the cellphone throw. For instance have grandma hurt him with magecraft.
    Magic Resistance: D

Emiya’s Magic Resistance is weak; its rank is D. In other words, spells greater than one bar will overwhelm this resistance. The benefit it provides is equivalent to an anti-magical amulet. This level of resistance can be easily overcome by a relatively powerful magus.
    Although Emiya was a magus during his life and possesses unusual Projection magic, his affinity with magic is far inferior to that of ancient Heroic Spirits to whom magic and Sorcery were commonplace. The level of Magic Resistance is a result of this.
    For Emiya, who possesses low Magic Resistance, it is easy to picture the kind of effects high thaumaturgy and rituals can have on him. Even spells greater than two bars can be lethal to him. Because of this, Emiya is at a disadvantage against Caster, who has powerful magic at her disposal. Depending on the situation, Emiya may even have to guard against attacks by Masters who are magi.
    For anyone interested 2 bars is like a C rank spell.
    Last edited by You; August 19th, 2020 at 10:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

That's not what the text you posted says, though.
    You're welcome to reread it as many times as you need to.

From what I can tell, the Spiritual Core can either be damaged directly (by Servants)
    The text never says damaging the core directly is something specific or exclusive to Servants. To reiterate:

Quote Originally Posted by CMIII
    should damage be inflicted through powerful magical energy, curse, or Noble Phantasm, the Spiritual Core will be destroyed
    Servants are certainly one of the things that can destroy the core, because they commonly wield powerful magical energy, curses, and/or Noble Phantasms. However, they are far from the only entities capable of wielding those things. Any magus attacking with sufficient magical energy should be just as capable of destroying the core.

(Exhibit A: Rin versus Berserker. Rin blasts Berserker's head at point-blank range with a bunch of A-rank spells. The head, as we know, is directly connected to the spiritual core. Berserker dies.)

or indirectly (by the Servant themselves overusing their magical energy or by the drain of repairing mundane damage, with vital organs like the head and the heart being that much more draining to repair).
    Sustaining damage to the head or hurt will "significantly weaken" the spiritual core. The text doesn't actually clarify whether this is because the magical energy cost to repair those areas is higher than normal, or simply because damaging those areas inflicts direct damage on the core as well.

In that respect Kuzuki can kill Medusa by damaging her physical body enough for her Spiritual Core to no longer be able to repair it, and simultaneously fail to kill Saber despite inflicting equally horrendous physical damage (because her spiritual reserves are that much more significant).
    I don't think anyone would dispute that Saber has more magical energy and better stats than Rider, and is therefore harder to kill. However, the narration in that scene explicitly says:

Quote Originally Posted by UBW day 9, "poisonous snake"
    —Attacks going for her arms and body are fine.
    But the head—the back of the head would prove fatal for her.
    This is third-person subjective from Saber's perspective. This is her assessment of the battle conditions. She thinks Kuzuki could kill her if he landed a blow on her head.

Throughout the entire fight, he never lands a direct hit on her head. Her collarbone? Yes. Her neck? Yes. But her head itself? No. She spends all her energy in that fight trying to prevent him from landing a clean hit on her head.

And speaking of her neck:

Quote Originally Posted by UBW day 9, "poisonous snake"
    The shock passes through her as a shudder.
    Yes. A hand is originally something used to grab, not punch.
    It must be supported by Caster's magic as the enemy's fingers easily squeeze off her neck…!

"Guh—aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh……!!!!"
    Saber's sword is raised.
    Her sword moves to cut off the enemy's arm before her neck is crushed.

But she is unable to finish her attack.
    Before the sword is swung, her body itself is swung like a sword.
    —She feels her body fly through the air.

An overswing like a pitcher.
    The man holds onto Saber's neck, and he throws her with one arm.
    Kuzuki tries to crush Saber's neck (which is presumably how he killed Rider, based on her injuries), but he never actually gets the chance. Before he can finish squeezing, she tries to cut off his arm with her sword, and he is forced to throw her away. So we don't even have a clear example of Saber surviving the same damage which killed Rider.

- - - Updated - - -

And to get back to the initial argument, Izou as said before should've been easily able to escape whatever he thought Kanata was doing with the mysterious object without having to relinquish the hostage. But I guess the scene had to move forward and Kanata had to make himself useful somehow.
    It could be a mystic code which is triggered by movement. Maybe it automatically attacks anyone who goes outside a certain radius. Izou doesn't know, and he's a weak Servant with low magic resistance. I think it's reasonable for him to be briefly uncertain how to respond and not just blindly leap out the window or whatever.
    Last edited by Holiday; August 19th, 2020 at 10:37 PM.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Izou's thoughts explain his state of mind at that moment, pure bewilderment, and how he missed slicing it, considering he did it to Tsukumo's Magecraft. When he came to his senses, he wasted no time trying to kill Tsukumo right away before Okita appeared behind him.

What baffles me more is Kanata's sudden recovery after Okita called out to him, yet grandma is still in her dire state. Does anyone not find that weird? Is his 'anchor' now Okita or something?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I think it's more like his decision to act is going to prevent her from dying so there's no more paradox deleting him anymore.

System ∀-99 ∀Gundam BananaShiki's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Detective Blackstone View Post
    What if EA was in fact EA. As in Electronic Arts.

Does Gil have to buy DLC for its full power?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Fuck imouto, get power.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Wasn't expecting Izou to be able to copy Reduced Earth. Does that mean he can copy any martial arts skill as long as the person who's doing it attacks with a sword? Could he use Ki Circulation (Add Pluses to STR/END/AGI) if a swordsman did it?

I'm probably overthinking it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I expected the Command Spell to have more of an effect, especially since Okita already beats him in AGI and ties in STR.

Anyways, Okita is cute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Izou can copy any skill other than beamu.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm kinda impressed at how this updated advanced less than one page from the source material.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    If it means more eye-catching fighting scenes, which this author seems to excel at, then I'm not complaining.

That being said, this arc does stretch the narrative quite a bit, so it won't surprise me if the next chapter just focus around Izou revealing his technique and explanation for said technique, and end it right there.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm expecting to go up until the end of Fujimiya's rescue, but your guess is not too unrealistic.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    I don't know much, if anything, about the real-life Izou, but wasn't Okita famous enough in her time that he should already have at least an idea of who he's fighting?

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    I don't know much, if anything, about the real-life Izou, but wasn't Okita famous enough in her time that he should already have at least an idea of who he's fighting?
    Communications still weren't all that at the time, and the Shinsengumi didn't quite achieve their meteoric levels of fame until some time after they died. He probably knows he's fighting a prodigy of the Tennen Rishin school, but that could be any one of several historical figures.

'Course, no accounting for how many of those were actually female in Fate history.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    They were active at roughly the same time (Okita got promoted to captain the same year Izou died, actually, but I don't think they ever met), but while Okita's immediately recognizable as Shinsengumi due to her cloak that doesn't immediately make her specifically Okita Souji, Famously A Man. She could be Kondou Isami, for all he knows. Once she uses her NP it'd become immediately obvious, though, and the same if she suddenly got a Tuberculosis attack.

For a dumb example, it'd be like if your opponent attacked you wielding the Declaration of Independence to cast spells or w/e. You'd know that they're probably one of the 56 signatories, but that honestly doesn't narrow it down that much. There's a lot of famous people in that list. If he starts throwing around lightning bolts, though, you know that it's probably Benjamin Franklin.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Communications still weren't all that at the time, and the Shinsengumi didn't quite achieve their meteoric levels of fame until some time after they died.
    Ah, I see. It's just that RuroKen gave me the impression the manslayers, at least, knew the Shinsengumi well because they were their main opposition.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by neveron View Post
    For a dumb example, it'd be like if your opponent attacked you wielding the Declaration of Independence to cast spells or w/e. You'd know that they're probably one of the 56 signatories, but that honestly doesn't narrow it down that much. There's a lot of famous people in that list. If he starts throwing around lightning bolts, though, you know that it's probably Benjamin Franklin.
    Hm, that makes sense!

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Wasn't expecting Izou to be able to copy Reduced Earth. Does that mean he can copy any martial arts skill as long as the person who's doing it attacks with a sword? Could he use Ki Circulation (Add Pluses to STR/END/AGI) if a swordsman did it?
    He does specify that he can't get it 100% right no?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Yeah but he managed it at all. That's like copying a + on STR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by neveron View Post
    They were active at roughly the same time (Okita got promoted to captain the same year Izou died, actually, but I don't think they ever met), but while Okita's immediately recognizable as Shinsengumi due to her cloak that doesn't immediately make her specifically Okita Souji, Famously A Man. She could be Kondou Isami, for all he knows. Once she uses her NP it'd become immediately obvious, though, and the same if she suddenly got a Tuberculosis attack.

Plus, Kanata specifically had Okita take off the blue haori so she wasn't instantly recognizable.
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Izou straight up calls her a Wolf of Mibu when she clashes with him the first time. At the very least he knows she's a member of the Shinsengumi. They don't seem to recognise one another through feats or anything, I'm not sure Okita even recognied the name Ghost of Tosa since it was on the last page. We'll just have to wait and see if she knows his reputation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

He doesn't appear to have actually been all that famous, historically.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single