Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Fate/unpublished material

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    That's the VN version, Shielder 1.0. This is Shielder 2.0, who would have been in the Deen anime. Her backstory is a girl who died in the Fuyuki Fire, then 10 years later Ernest revives her and makes her a Galahad demiservant for HGW5.

Ah okay, my bad. What is Ernest's deal anyway? I used Google Translate on the Chinese translation just now and it seems like he just existed to be killed by Galahad(?, that might carry over unless I glossed over something important) after setting that subplot into motion
    Last edited by AnoniMauuss; December 20th, 2019 at 11:22 PM.

Man, this is fucking good, I love when we are giving things like this. See? we still can have nice things.

So far Tachie concept is interesting and I would like to see the original script of Fate DEEN animated someday even if by other studio as a standalone route fully anime-original. Instead of Fate by Ufotable I would like this.

In the comparative with Mash I think I stay with the final design, why? because is more knighty that the bodysuit, that is Galahad. Aside of this I like more Tachie colors.

Man, Mash was cucked of her powers while if I'm seeing adequately the concept art Original LC or whatever is called is a fucking fortress with a throne, shots spears even in Shield form and is that a pit of boiling water? Well, I'm also seeing Saber Excalibur'd it.

Tachie backstory is so much of F/sn.

I wonder if they will take this opportunity and try to get Tachie in FGO. I can't imagine the antics.

Also, Shielder was one of the Seven classes instead of Assassin?

So, what is Gilgamesh role in this?

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    One of the biggest changes in this version is Zouken died in HGW4 so Sakura and Shinji don't know much about the HGW and Sakura is a normal person with circuits.

And Shinji got Rider's catalyst, her dress, from Kotomine.

It doesn't talk about how he summoned her or anything like that.
    Sakura is Caster's doll and she tries to use her as the core of the Grail. Like in the DEEN anime.
    Huh now this is interesting. While i assume shinji will still be placed as an antagonist and probably still be an ass, i wonder how the relationship between the matous and shirou would be like?

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    Huh now this is interesting. While i assume shinji will still be placed as an antagonist and probably still be an ass, i wonder how the relationship between the matous and shirou would be like?
    Pretty much the same as Fate route, the backstory is just different to allow for a one-route FSN without Sakura hijacking everything
    Very similar to the Fate manga in that respect

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Pretty much the same as Fate route, the backstory is just different to allow for a one-route FSN without Sakura hijacking everything
    Very similar to the Fate manga in that respect
    Well that's pretty lame. You'd think zouken not being there would at least change the two a bit more.

- - - Updated - - -

Though i guess them ending up fighting each other is pretty much a given yeah.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Amazigh's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Anywhere online I can buy it? And the Shield shoots spears, or can Tachie/Galahad summon them to wield? Because that may, in theory, answer a question I've potentially had.
    Last edited by Amazigh; December 22nd, 2019 at 03:06 AM.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ballinamon View Post
    So, what is Gilgamesh role in this?
    Gil's role seems to be exactly the same as ever.

Spoiler:
    Since at one point he just interrupts the fight between Saber and Shielder, casually kills Shielder just like he'd have done to Caster, and then the story plays exactly like the Fate route from then on.

US Friend Code
    Wow that's disappointing

- - - Updated - - -

For Shielder, not for Gil

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    That's why Mash is so respectful of Gil in GO.

Residual memories.

Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Gil's role seems to be exactly the same as ever.

Spoiler:
    Since at one point he just interrupts the fight between Saber and Shielder, casually kills Shielder just like he'd have done to Caster, and then the story plays exactly like the Fate route from then on.
    Doesn't the data says she dies after saving Shirou?

Blog Entries
    The plan was to have the anime to be the plot described in the outline (standalone Fate route with Shielder being there for a while but eventually jobbing to Gil), and then a movie where her actual backstory would come into play
    The movie's plot isn't really outlined outside of her parts but notably it would end with Shirou saving Sakura/Illya in the grail cave and fighting Kotomine, with it being noted that he wouldn't be in love with Sakura because Saber would still be the heroine, isn't it sad
    Last edited by Kotonoha; December 23rd, 2019 at 10:55 AM.

US Friend Code
    Oh, so the movie would be where she saves Shirou and dies.
    It sounds like the anime was just basically what we got only with Ernest and Shielder removed and Zouken surviving the 4th war.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The plan was to have the anime to be the plot described in the outline (standalone Fate route with Shielder being there for a while but eventually jobbing to Gil), and then a movie where her actual backstory would come into play
    The movie's plot isn't really outlined outside of her parts but notably it would end with Shirou saving Sakura/Illya in the grail cave and fighting Kotomine, with it being noted that he wouldn't be in love with Sakura because Saber would still be the heroine, isn't it sad
    It's not really a sad thing, it's how things are. What would be more sad is that he used that lame plotline with the bondage bits in the first place.

You could use her character by actually investigating the interesting bits about her powers. For goodness sake Nasu, you had it where that even with her life being shit, she herself perused magecraft when she was free. I ain't asking for her to be an action heroine but you can do better than that. I am legit peeved.

Spoiler:
    And for goodness sake, a snipe kill by Gil again? Super lame for Tachie, even if you are trying to wrap up a condensed storyline, there are better ways to do it.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    You now remember that time when Sakura projected a knife to slit her throat like that's just a thing everybody can do.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wasn't that just Rule Breaker? Which ironically should have broken the control when it touched her throat iirc it's been so long since I saw the anime.
    Or can she just decide the effect won't work unless it's true name is spoken? For that matter, the whole being able to seal Excalibur was part of Nasu's ideas right? Did he nerf Medea unintentionally then by not having her be able to seal NP?

Which is about as bad as taking away her sick healing ability.

Blog Entries
    This is super rad.

I like a lot of what they were planning with pre-Mashu and Ernest. The idea of Shirou confronting the embodiment of his survivor's guilt could have been great. Trimming Zouken and connecting Medusa's summoning to Kirei sets up Kirei as a bigger villain/manipulator. The idea of Medea being a bigger player and cursing Rin could also create a nice ticking clock sub-plot.

A shame we got the bastard child of Fate and UBW instead.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors

So at least during the planning of this anime Nasu believed Medea had magic circuits.
    One of the biggest changes in this version is Zouken died in HGW4 so Sakura and Shinji don't know much about the HGW and Sakura is a normal person with circuits.

And Shinji got Rider's catalyst, her dress, from Kotomine.

It doesn't talk about how he summoned her or anything like that.
    Sakura is Caster's doll and she tries to use her as the core of the Grail. Like in the DEEN anime.
    Wait is this all fort an early draft idea for FSN, the VN?
    Or is it talking about an early draft idea for the Shielder anime route stuff?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    You now remember that time when Sakura projected a knife to slit her throat like that's just a thing everybody can do.
    Well as a magus, wouldn't it be relatively easy for Sakura to do normal Projection at least? I mean what's so weird about it in this instance?
    Last edited by warellis; December 31st, 2019 at 07:51 PM.

Blog Entries
    Wait is this all fort an early draft idea for FSN, the VN?
    Or is it talking about an early draft idea for the Shielder anime route stuff?
    Drafts for the DEEN anime, yeah.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Wasn't that just Rule Breaker? Which ironically should have broken the control when it touched her throat iirc it's been so long since I saw the anime.
    Or can she just decide the effect won't work unless it's true name is spoken? For that matter, the whole being able to seal Excalibur was part of Nasu's ideas right? Did he nerf Medea unintentionally then by not having her be able to seal NP?

Which is about as bad as taking away her sick healing ability.
    In the draft he says that because rule breaker was used by a person not medea it was nerfed and that nerf form only seals Saber’s NP.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Drafts for the DEEN anime, yeah.
    You know that's really funny in retrospect, how Sakura in the DEEN anime verse could've potentially been spared a lot of the horror she went through in the VN. I mean it seems like she wouldn't have had to suffer from the worms nearly as long. And maybe the rapes.

But then, it sounds like DEEN Anime Sakura would've potentially been more like Caules then, being a relatively untalented spare that Tokiomi gave away?
    Last edited by warellis; January 1st, 2020 at 07:12 PM.