Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone slightly annoyed by Koha-Ace servants

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Ubergeneral's Avatar

Anyone slightly annoyed by Koha-Ace servants

Is anyone here annoyed by the Koha-Ace servants? I feel they give too much attention to Japanese servants and their nationalism and ignore the rest of the world. Anyone sense bias here?

1. The America chapter was a mess. Why are the main characters Karna, Arjuna and Nightengale? Americans love their heroes and I'm disappointed that more aren't in FGO. Where is the Benjamin Franklin, Geogre Washington or Aberham Lincolm (Vampire Hunter), servants.

2. Why aren't there servants for Indonesia, Vietnam, The Philippines or Korea? More Chinese servants would be nice too. Nasu has to swallow his pride and do something for Korea, they have their own FGO server

3. I do like the Koha ace servants but I feel annoyed that Japanese nationalism is constantly used as a theme. As a non Japanese person that theme doesn't do anything for me. anyone else feel this way?

You mean the series that's literally called the Imperial Capital Holy Grail Strange Story?

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Same, That's why the first five chapter is a fucking mess. Hollywood become bollywood
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Koha Ace servants are a joke and meme that they use a bit more seriously than they were originally meant for.As far as servants go they’re a mixed bag of quality but there’s a few ok things. Nobu’s super meh tho.

Blog Entries
    why don't this particular object of consoomption cater to your thirst to consoom more diverse, more inclusive [stereotyped, standardized reproduction of commodified historical figure] why does the japanese mushroom man focus too much on... japan? could it be that the dominating frequency of japanese [stereotyped, standardized reproduction of commodified historical figure] is because he has a bias... to the japanese consoomer? because he is japanese? because their main consoomer base, their main source of income (82%), are the japanese consoomers? hmmmm....
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamerad View Post
    why don't this particular object of consoomption cater to your thirst to consoom more diverse, more inclusive [stereotyped, standardized reproduction of commodified historical figure] why does the japanese mushroom man focus too much on... japan? could it be that the dominating frequency of japanese [stereotyped, standardized reproduction of commodified historical figure] is because he has a bias... to the japanese consoomer? because he is japanese? because their main consoomer base, their main source of income (82%), are the japanese consoomers? hmmmm....
    Jingoism was bad when Americans did it, it's still BAD when Japanese or any other nationality does it, feeble excuses need not to apply.

That's it.

Also, capital letters are an important part of written speech.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Koha-Ace is pretty much the only spinoff that focuses on Japanese servants so I don't think it's really a huge deal considering you'd expect even more focus on figures the writers would have grown up learning about. Hell FSN/FZ literally had a no Asian Servants rule.

Jingoism was bad when Americans did it, it's still BAD when Japanese or any other nationality does it, feeble excuses need not to apply.
    "our military was dumb and bad lol" -known jingoistic nationalist manga Koha-Ace

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Hell FSN/FZ literally had a no Asian Servants rule.
    *Sad gatekeeper noises*

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold Experience View Post
    *Sad gatekeeper noises*
    That and there's EMIYA, I guess?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    No Asians and no Servants past 1900 are two "rules" broken in the first Servant ever introduced.

More like "No East Asian (plus maybe the South, particularly India)."
    The Hassans and Gil are Asian too, Arab and Mesopotamia are in West Asia.

He can’t be said to be an Asian legend mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubergeneral View Post
    2. Nasu has to swallow his pride and do something for Korea, they have their own FGO server
    Has Nasu said something about them? Or why would he need to swallow his pride?

Quote Originally Posted by Ubergeneral View Post
    3. I do like the Koha ace servants but I feel annoyed that Japanese nationalism is constantly used as a theme. As a non Japanese person that theme doesn't do anything for me.
    Then drop it. Really wild idea I know.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with being based in this kind of media. You're just not the target of this manga.
    Last edited by Crown; December 26th, 2019 at 07:21 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    that's not my point at all. who cares about nationalism and all those spooks; whether you like it or not, economic/material interest will always be top priority.

Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Also, capital letters are an important part of written speech.
    owning the capitalists by not using capital letters epic style
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

It's almost like Japanese people are more likely to be interested in material aimed at their own demographic precisely because it appeals to the familiar, i.e. nippon ichiban.

I'm annoyed because they cut Kohaku and Akiha, those two were the main reason why I was interested in the manga.

Blog Entries
    I'm annoyed by servants in general.
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

Blog Entries
    bourgeoisie problems

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Yeah I mean what are you going to have, a world with no servants? That's like a world with no money.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Ubergeneral's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    Yeah I mean what are you going to have, a world with no servants? That's like a world with no money.
    I feel that nasu has this problem too. He wants to write other parts of his universe but he's stuck working endlessly making fate stuff. RIP Tsukuhime remake