Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 25303334353637 LastLast

Thread: Arknights now finally global! (NA)

JP Friend Code
    Ended up maxing out Blacknight before getting my own Alcoholic Dragon-neesan. No spooks throughout.

Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    1x Mudrock dupe (making her Pot 3 for me)
    Right, Yes, I'd like one of this please.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Got my Ling Uoooggghhhh
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave
    GOT THE CHICKEN LESSSSSSSS GOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I also got her thank fuck I was so afraid I'd miss another bird.

But then... I also got Lee and Phantom in the same roll right before her????? Insane

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Fire Chicken GETTO, Origami Ninja no getto ;_;

I do love the opening scene of the event, though.
    "Ah, what a beautiful pillar!"

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    I got the fire chicken uooooghhh. She's so cool

- - - Updated - - -

Also
    Last edited by Wandering Swordwoman; September 25th, 2022 at 07:51 AM.
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Beat me to it.

Yeah, so from what they've shown in the trailers it's gonna adapt up to Chapter 3 with Misha and all that. It's most likely gonna be 12 episodes, so if they add some content to flesh out the opening chapters (which seems to be the case), that about checks out.

Looks decent. I'm cautiously optimistic, but definitely excited.
    Last edited by ResidentSeagull; September 25th, 2022 at 01:39 AM.

Ace!
    I hope they really expand Chernobog (maybe show some side stuff, like CoU), because Misha's arc is the weakest in the game so far, competing with only Grani's side story last place. On the other hand, by starting with the beginning, there's always the chance it'll be good and popular, and keep going.

Trails look and sound good, although the androgynous Dokutah voice is just a little wierd.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The Hellagur/Patriot conversation would be a nice addition. Also sets up Scout.

But you're crazy if you're putting Misha's story that low when we have stuff like Code of Brawl and the waste of time that was Chapter 4.

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    But you're crazy if you're putting Misha's story that low when we have stuff like Code of Brawl and the waste of time that was Chapter 4.
    Chapter 4...?
    Ok, yeah, had to look it up, and yeah, it was a pretty boring chapter - could have been a third the length and just as complete. But it had a lot of both FrostNova and Mephisto, which was important for them - and they're major characters.
    But Skullshatterer? Misha? Mostly forgotten by HG, except occasionally they remember Amiya is supposed to be upset about it and drop a single line. Otherwise, it has no bearing on the story and no impact on the characters.

Code of Brawl is utterly silly, but it's still full of things happening. Even Grani, as weak as the first side story is, has a more complete story arc and better characters than Chapters 2 and 3.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Misha and Skullshaterer are developed characters and their backstory is essential in defining the Chernobogans that joined Reunion and the movement as a whole. It also ties into the main plan for Chernobog, even though it wasn't that relevant in the end.
    You can argue whether or not the character work there is good, but it is character work and does a lot to define Amiya's character. She doesn't need to mention it every chapter, it's clear how it affected her.

Meanwhile Chapter 4 is as you saw, except the Mephisto and Frostnova stuff is completely disposable because the bulk of their characterization happens in other chapters. Anything that mattered in it could've been integrated into the surrounding chapters.

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    True, chapter 4 only matter at the frostnova stuff

- - - Updated - - -

Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

I, uh, am going to disagree with you here.

Ch 2/3 Spoilers and post compressionSkullshatterer? Developed? He's barely a character at all; he barely passes caricature. His entire being is "People hurt me, so I KEEL U ALL". He doesn't have enough material to become either fleshed out or show an arc of change.
    Misha does have some development, but she's still shallow and erratic. She's more a McGuffin than a character until the end of Chapter 3, where she makes her only decision - to team up with the murderous terrorist mob that murdered her father, her friends, and everyone she knew to replace her brother as the LEADER of the murderous terrorist mob that murdered her father, her friends, and everyone she knew, all so she can lead them against the people who helped her and were friendly. Her decisions would have been equally "in character" had she said they were made from pity, anger, just going with the flow, or because she flipped a coin.

I mean, W gets more character development, and she's barely in the arc. Franka and Liskarm get more, yet removing it wouldn't have hurt the story. The entire arc was simply unnecessary. And even worse in my book, it was uninteresting. And it seems like many agree with me, because those two chapters tend to be the least popular.

To be fair, both chapters combined aren't even 60K characters, while most sidestories (except Grani) are that long, up to much longer (Near Light 250K...).

Honestly, I think Reunion, the organization, is the main "developed character" during those two chapters. The specific actors are mostly incidental.

Chapter 4 was way too long, but the Mephisto and Frost Nova bits are necessary, or the later appearances wouldn't make sense. Yeah, the chapter could have had those parts moved somewhere else, but they'd still need to exist somewhere.

As for Amiya, I don't think she behaves any different in chapters 4+ than she does in chapters 0 and 1. Her attitudes don't change, her opinions of right and so on don't change. The entire "willing to fight likable people" thing gets done to spades with Frost Nova and then again with Patriot, then triples down with Taluluh. Missing Misha would have hurt nothing amongst all that, and it would have spared us the arc.

If you like the arc, great! Personally, I'd just prefer that the anime spend more time on Chernobog than the unimportant sidestory with characters that never reappear.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I don't even like it that much, it's just better than some other stuff in the game.
    Like, your post probably deserves a better answer than this but I'm not that invested enough in these chapters to go through the effort of discussing all of that, sorry lol

Finally got the Phantom IS2 skin. I feel accomplished.

Also, good luck to anyone pulling for Horn tomorrow. I know I'll need it.

Chapter 10 is here!
    I should finish Chapter 9 one of these days.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I really like the new difficulty system. Getting all the rewards for beating the hardest version first feels really good, and having to work through different conditions throughout the chapter promotes teambuilding.

I also like how the high sanity cost of doing level III missions first also works to pace the reading, since these story sections are getting longer and longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Toranth View Post
    Chapter 10 is here!
    I should finish Chapter 9 one of these days.
    *laughs in not going past the beginning of Chapter 7 for about 6 months*

Also FYI 62 pulls:

1x Fartooth (a unexpected surprise, but a welcome one)
    2x Horn

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    *laughs in not going past the beginning of Chapter 7 for about 6 months*
    This is me but every chapter slowly taking weeks/months just because.

I'm only in Chapter 7-14 still.

Might also be part of the reason why I have very little interest/affection on such characters like Ch'en (aside from the obvious 'not having them' for ages).

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Chapter 7 and 8 are very good. Really worth to follow

- - - Updated - - -

https://youtube.com/watch?v=_Q4zGuEq...CKjOmKnC5IiRIQ also
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet