Page 103 of 620 FirstFirst ... 3539398101102103104105108113153203603 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 12385

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    Persephone being the true King would also make an interesting twist, though I haven't thought of her motives yet. Not to mention, I haven't thought of where the mechas could come up in all of this.
    I imagine Persephone's motives here would be something like the main villain from Rozenkreuzstilette, where she seems innocent while actually being a sadist who plays both sides against each other for fun. Maybe her sheltered upbringing by Demeter inadvertently warped her mindset, to the point where she views the entire world as her "garden" where all life (both human and other gods) exists just for her amusement.

Does anyone have an FC for a blonde girl wielding one or more cannons?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fair Tyrant View Post
    Does anyone have an FC for a blonde girl wielding one or more cannons?
    There's this:

Source

But I'm not sure if the demon-horns fit what you're looking for.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambda-Nu View Post
    I am really starting to like this idea now. The only thing that's missing is how the mecha forms could be implemented.
    how about the machine gods appeared after Sefars attack? the world lost many gods and the rest are weakened. The machine gods appearing after that, acting benevolent and rebuilding civilization could cause their standing to be similar to the LB and their aletheia still intact. Their appearance could be in time for the Gigantomachia. The interesting points here could be the interaction between the "native" greek gods like maybe dionysos and Astraea and the machine gods. Here you could get rid of Zeus if you want by him being killed by the giants.
    Why they are late could be because of the Titanomachia dragging on longer.
    The proposed ideas could still take place, only thing that needs to be addressed is the timeline. I heard Heracles made a name for himself in the Gigantomachia when he fought with the gods. Is he considered the "oldest" greek hero in the nasuverse?

Else like I suggested in PM before, I like the idea of Hades being almost like a counter-Zeus with an own Pantheon under him in the Underworld. Using that aspect instead of the LB Olympiamachia that pitted the olympians against zeus, it is Hades and the underworld gods against the other olympians. Those could be Hades, Persephone, Thanatos, Hypnos, Styx, Hekate, Charon, the 3 Erinyes or perhaps the other underworld river gods like Acheron etc.
    Last edited by DelRey; January 8th, 2021 at 10:28 AM. Reason: other ideas

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I am really starting to like this idea now. The only thing that's missing is how the mecha forms could be implemented.
    I would have many ideas but they are treat the Mecha Things as not included ,but would you be interested in to hear my Mycenean -Minoan Lostbelt idea ?

though for Hades in the Mecha ship case could i think of this > Interstellar Archive and Restauration Carrier and Counter Combat Ship or something like this but i am like said before rather displeased with the Mecha Thing ?

Other Questionn on that opportunnity has somebody thought on a Lostbelt idea where Julian the Apostate succeded in his War against the Sassanidian Shah and the Restauration of the Helenism as State Religion or similar hat if Shapur allied himself with Palmyrrene Queen Zenobia and the Galuc Reblion Posthumus to destroy the Roman Empire as Lostbelt Idea where due to this Europe never became a Christian Dominion ?

would somebody has ideas for These like i could imagine that by stop the development of the Christianity it could be possible to revert to the Age of Gods ? as i think that the Nasuverse specified the Rise of the three WEstern Monothesitic Religions caused the end to the Age of Gods aswell Age of Fairies ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    how about the machine gods appeared after Sefars attack? the world lost many gods and the rest are weakened. The machine gods appearing after that, acting benevolent and rebuilding civilization could cause their standing to be similar to the LB and their aletheia still intact. Their appearance could be in time for the Gigantomachia. The interesting points here could be the interaction between the "native" greek gods like maybe dionysos and Astraea and the machine gods. Here you could get rid of Zeus if you want by him being killed by the giants.
    Why they are late could be because of the Titanomachia dragging on longer.
    The proposed ideas could still take place, only thing that needs to be addressed is the timeline. I heard Heracles made a name for himself in the Gigantomachia when he fought with the gods. Is he considered the "oldest" greek hero in the nasuverse?

Else like I suggested in PM before, I like the idea of Hades being almost like a counter-Zeus with an own Pantheon under him in the Underworld. Using that aspect instead of the LB Olympiamachia that pitted the olympians against zeus, it is Hades and the underworld gods against the other olympians. Those could be Hades, Persephone, Thanatos, Hypnos, Styx, Hekate, Charon, the 3 Erinyes or perhaps the other underworld river gods like Acheron etc.
    You forgot Nyx the Goddess of Night and Tataros aswell Erebos the Protgonoi of Darkness aswell is acording to some versions Kronos still Bound in the Underworld and there are more then three Erinyes there are more something like Underworld species and are said to be either Childrenn from Nyx or Hades .
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

I would love to hear the idea. Dealing with Mycenaean and Minoan mythology is difficult, though, since there's almost nothing to go on. Just classical era myths we extrapolate to the Bronze Age either correctly or incorrectly. I think this provides some interesting things to explore, too, the interactions between the myths themselves and how humans interact with the myths/the history and development of the myth. For example, in the myths we know, Zeus was always king of the Olympian gods but historians and archaeologists believe that in the Mycenaean times, it was actually Poseidon (or perhaps the feminine counterpart Poseideia) that was the chief god. I think Fate makes a good playground to explore how these two can be harmonized in some way. I think that's why I like Fate, because it makes legendary figures exist as real people while still preserving the vagueness of them being mythological, while keeping both the contradictory history and mythology true.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    You forgot Nyx the Goddess of Night and Tataros aswell Erebos the Protgonoi of Darkness aswell is acording to some versions Kronos still Bound in the Underworld and there are more then three Erinyes there are more something like Underworld species and are said to be either Childrenn from Nyx or Hades .
    I did not forget the protogenoi, they are simply not present anymore. The first generation Flagship was stated to be Ouranos, which suggests that he ruled over the other protogenoi, that include Erebos, Nyx, Tartaros and perhaps others like aether and hemera. Ouranos was overthrown by Cronos and his generation of Titans took over and likely destroyed the protogenoi. And like the titans are now vaguely remembered as certain concepts, the protos are now too. In context with the mecha story they were probably destroyed and recycled for the newer generations and stuff.

The Erinyes are three. Alecto, Tisiphone and Megaira. And I think the Nasuverse takes the Theogony of Hesiod as the main frame, so the Erinyes were created from the blood of castrated Ouranos. Something like Anti-Virus / Revenge Units deployed during the rebellion against him.

And Cronos remains are maybe stored in Hades as something like spare parts, taking the myths too literally in the Nasu-Mecha-context wont do

Darkened Misty Metropolis Lambda-Nu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Has anyone done a sheet for Wan Hu before? The idea popped into my mind earlier today but I’m not sure what you could do with him, considering that his only notable accomplishment is blowing himself up hoping that his rocket chair will take him to the moon.
    The joys of being a Mommy

Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Complete.

Servant Database (v2.0)

CHALDEA SECURITY ORGANIZATION: AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    Singularity / Lostbelt Database

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

Darkened Misty Metropolis Lambda-Nu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don’t really plan to do anything with the idea, I just wanted to throw it out there.
    The joys of being a Mommy

Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Complete.

Servant Database (v2.0)

CHALDEA SECURITY ORGANIZATION: AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    Singularity / Lostbelt Database

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by doncosaco View Post
    I would love to hear the idea. Dealing with Mycenaean and Minoan mythology is difficult, though, since there's almost nothing to go on. Just classical era myths we extrapolate to the Bronze Age either correctly or incorrectly. I think this provides some interesting things to explore, too, the interactions between the myths themselves and how humans interact with the myths/the history and development of the myth. For example, in the myths we know, Zeus was always king of the Olympian gods but historians and archaeologists believe that in the Mycenaean times, it was actually Poseidon (or perhaps the feminine counterpart Poseideia) that was the chief god. I think Fate makes a good playground to explore how these two can be harmonized in some way. I think that's why I like Fate, because it makes legendary figures exist as real people while still preserving the vagueness of them being mythological, while keeping both the contradictory history and mythology true.
    With some of what I said above in mind, I do have some ideas based on Minoan/Mycenaean mythology and how we interpret them today along with classical mythology. Let me start with a short run down on Minoan religion to show where I'm coming from:

Minoan religion
    It's generally agreed that it was dominated by female deities, but there's two differing schools of thought.

One school says that the many similar looking depictions of goddesses are depictions of a Minoan "Great Goddess," a motherly goddess who held influence over everything from the underworld to the heavens. There were other gods, but she was dominant over them. Her son (and possibly consort), the Divine Child, was a subordinate war god who was a dying and rising god (like Persephone or Adonis, associated with agriculture and the seasons). When Mycenaean culture superseded Minoan culture in the late Bronze Age, perhaps through invasion or perhaps through "natural processes," the Great Goddess was split into different aspects and eventually into entirely different goddesses. Her role with the Divine Child was reversed, so the dying and rising goddesses Persephone and Ariadne are speculated to have evolved from her. Artemis (compare to Cretan Britomartis) and Demeter may also have aspects of her. The Divine Child may have also been split up and absorbed into gods such as Hades, Zeus, and Poseidon.

The second school of thought is more straightforward. Really, there was never one Great Goddess, there were just many different gods and goddesses that some modern scholars have conflated together. In any case, there's definite agreement that certain Greek gods, myths, rituals, and festivals definitely originate from the Minoans. There's a lot of controversy involved. People have tried to interpret art from the Minoan and Mycenaean from a perspective assuming that classical Greek mythology is a later evolution. Beautiful Minoan art inspires the imagination and draws you in. Interpretations are tainted by people idealizing Minoan civilization. People like the idea of a pantheon dominated by an almighty female deity. There was a big push in a feminist school of anthropology to argue that Minoan culture was a more matriarchal one that was replaced with the patriarchal Mycenaeans, the power of the Great Goddess, and Earth mother, being stolen and given to a male sky deity. The myth of the Minotaur is interpreted as an allegory for this, almost like propaganda. Ariadne is identified as the original Minoan goddess, the myth stripping her of her power and only becoming divine because of Zeus. She is a traitor who meets a tragic end in any version of the story. Minoans seeing the bull as a sacred animal is warped into bestiality and monstrosity. Theseus symbolizes the overthrow of Minoan rule, embodied in the cruel Minos, and the dawn of Greek domination. It's a tempting interpretation for sure.

Anyway, I think this could set up an interesting scenario to show how the Olympians end up as the Greek gods. Hearing of a great civilization in Greece and Crete, they go there finding the Minoan Age of Gods coming to an end. There are only remnants of very ancient gods and goddesses, some whose names have been completely forgotten. They defeat these weakened deities in the hearts and minds of the people and absorb their divine cores while modifying the divine cores of others. As their new divine cores and identities stabilize into the classical pantheon, they sponsor the Mycenaean expansion leading to the Greek Age of Heroes. However, merging themselves with these divine cores has tied them to the wider decline in the Age of Gods, leading the the Greek Dark Ages until they finally fade away entirely by the time of Classical Greece. That's a rough backdrop. I don't think that contradicts what's canon, but let me know if it does.

My idea was born out of coming up with an Ariadne servant sheet influenced by interpretations of her being Minoan. It's supposed to harmonize the myth with the historical development of the myth. Start with the Minos myth. He is the greedy and ruthless king of Crete after the Mycenaean takeover and is the most powerful king in the Mycenaean world. After the incident with Poseidon's bull that leads to the Minotaur, Minos the only challenge to his rule is the gods themselves. He contrives a solution to this. He has heard from native Cretans of a powerful Minoan goddess who is long gone from the world and whose name is long forgotten. She is only referred to as Potnia, "the Lady." Specifically, he knows of Minoan priests in his capital Knossos that still worship Potnia Dapuritoios, "the Lady of the Labyrinth." He conceived to revive the goddess by using his daughter Ariadne as a host for the divine core, creating a sort of demiservant, while Asterios, the Minotaur, would turned into her warrior the Divine Child. The king could then use these two as his personal weapons. He commissioned Daedalus to do this and re-construct the Lady's temple, the Labyrinth, but without knowing what the original was like, constructed it as a maze prison in case something went wrong. The experiment was a complete failure. Asterios took on no aspects of the divine child and was deemed a failure. The experiment was more successful for Ariadne and she was merged with the Lady of the Labyrinth, but took on other aspects of Potnia, too. Although Ariadne's personality remained intact, she could not summon any of the powers of the goddess. Minos thought that all could be fixed with some human sacrifices since the only gods had not gotten any in a long time. Thus began his terrible practice of taking "tribute" from the mainland cities. Something changed in Ariadne when she saw Theseus. The goddess inside her recognized the Divine Son in the young hero and all the personalities inside Ariadne's mind came to the surface at once. Her mind was left shattered, the flood of contradictory memories washing away her sense of identity. She received revelations that manifested as impulses to help Theseus and create her magical thread. Of course, this leads to the well-known tragedy before she is picked up by Dionysus. The gods recognize they need to control her since she holds divine power. She has memories of countless ways she has died. Artemis killed her, Perseus killed her (twice), she died in childbirth. Maybe one of them is true, maybe all them are true. She was brought back from the underworld by Zeus.. maybe more than once. Hephaestus would forge a diadem of eight stars which would be given to Ariadne by Dionysus. This crown was meant to suppress her inner divinity so that she could recall her identity once again and no longer suffer. It also meant she would not be a danger to the gods. However, every now and then, she she still receives revelations that seem to completely consume her.. urging her to shatter the crown she wears. These revelations are like in the Dionysian mysteries, which some speculate originate from the Minoans. The real Labyrinth may have been a temple with a courtyard where people received divine revelation while dancing in ecstasy.

Perhaps there's a lostbelt here where Minos is successful and uses Ariadne and Asterios to overthrow the Greek gods, creating a new Minoan civilization where he can reign forever.
    Last edited by doncosaco; January 8th, 2021 at 09:29 PM.

Blog Entries
    Not sure if this is intended as a Lostbelt/divergent history to start with, but Asterios being "totally insane" doesn't really jibe with his portrayal in canon, where he's actually a pretty chill dude when he's not being treated as a monster. Still, these are very interesting ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Not sure if this is intended as a Lostbelt/divergent history to start with, but Asterios being "totally insane" doesn't really jibe with his portrayal in canon, where he's actually a pretty chill dude when he's not being treated as a monster. Still, these are very interesting ideas.
    Nope, you're right! I mixed up the lostbelt and main canon!

Not gonna lie, most of this is just cause I want to see some characters in Minoan clothes. They're seriously awesome. Here's someone's art of Minoans in Jojo's style

thanks for the post, i honestly am very interested in the overall pre-ancient greece side of the greek myth, i can't find those information easily so that was a really nice read, also i can't find any info on the female poseidon, would you happen to have any more info on her? also i hope we can decipher linear A soon, because that would be a break through. imo anyway

Blog Entries
    Thanks man. I recall part of this sheet was inspired by a discussion with Anju on this thread a while back, where she mentioned her fondness for the SMT franchise. I am curious what she'd think of the sheet, though it probably won't come up since she doesn't come by this forum that often anymore.
    Eh, it’d still be interesting to see her opinion on it. Also, do you think that might be able to help me solve the question I asked about Zeus and Hades? I really want to make some progress on the Hades sheet I mentioned a few pages back, but that one question has been kinda hindering it.
    I am still around, just too busy with life to really post much these days alongside my waning interest in the Nasuverse as a whole. However, I actually think it's pretty decent for an Antichrist sheet. It does indeed have SMT vibes though I would say it's a little more in your face with the 'God is Evil' thing that SMT usually is - which there is actually a justification for in SMT (The Multiverse is broken and YHVH is basically blue-screening).

Quote Originally Posted by maridsbip View Post
    Has a Britannia servant been discussed yet?
    I once tried to make a Queen Victoria Sheet where she went around pretending to be a steampunk Britannia with a giant train mecha. I may revamp it sometime.

Servant Sheet Compilation
    Pronouns - She/Her
    'Winner' of the Legendary Jack-Off

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anju Addams View Post
    I am still around, just too busy with life to really post much these days alongside my waning interest in the Nasuverse as a whole. However, I actually think it's pretty decent for an Antichrist sheet. It does indeed have SMT vibes though I would say it's a little more in your face with the 'God is Evil' thing that SMT usually is - which there is actually a justification for in SMT (The Multiverse is broken and YHVH is basically blue-screening).

I once tried to make a Queen Victoria Sheet where she went around pretending to be a steampunk Britannia with a giant train mecha. I may revamp it sometime.
    Nice to see you still here Anju ! I hope you had a good new year , and have you seen my ideas for persian Lostbelts how do you find them ?

And could you please tell me what SMT ismeaning im not good with shortcuts ?
    Last edited by Kabalisto Koga; January 9th, 2021 at 12:24 PM.
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylascream View Post
    thanks for the post, i honestly am very interested in the overall pre-ancient greece side of the greek myth, i can't find those information easily so that was a really nice read, also i can't find any info on the female poseidon, would you happen to have any more info on her? also i hope we can decipher linear A soon, because that would be a break through. imo anyway
    We only know of Posidaeia because her name shows up in Linear B texts. Unfortunately, we don't know anything else. The corpus of Linear B tablets is limited to palace and temple administrative records. Things like "in the month of __ the king received 50 bronze swords." It's basically a huge collection of receipts. So, we only know the names of some Mycenaean gods because their names show up as receiving some offerings, "For Posidaeia, one gold cup and one woman." Was the woman a sacrifice offering or a temple slave, we have no idea.

Here's some links for further reading:
    List of deities that show up in Linear B: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mycenaean_deities
    Some more academic analysis if you're interested: http://sites.utexas.edu/scripts/file...aima_2004b.pdf

We can actually "read" Linear A by matching symbols with those of Linear B. The problem is that we have no clue what the language(s) underneath are. I think certain place names have been identified, but that's about it. And since it looks like all Linear A texts are just administrative texts like with Linear B, the challenge here is like trying to decipher an unknown language from a handful of supermarket receipts. Even if it could be deciphered, the insight it would give would probably be very limited, sadly. What researchers need is more texts and ideally more lengthy texts.

Sorry if this is straying too off topic. If the discussion continues, maybe it would be better to carry it on in another thread? Edit: we can continue over here https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...ilosophy-c-%29
    Last edited by doncosaco; January 9th, 2021 at 03:42 PM.

Blog Entries
    Some of that one-sidedness comes from how the backstory is sorta' presented from Antichrist's POV. If I were to actually write a story based on that concept I'd probably make it more nuanced, like that YHWH was originally trying to free humanity from the tyranny of the old gods before becoming corrupted after defeating and absorbing all their essences into himself. In any case I'm glad you liked the idea.

Sounds fun. Reminds me of my idea for Beast Watt's Lostbelt, which had a version of Queen Victoria ruling over a steampunk Britannia.

Blog Entries
    Sounds fun. Reminds me of my idea for Beast Watt's Lostbelt, which had a version of Queen Victoria ruling over a steampunk Britannia.
    Yeah that was basically the gist of mine as well. She was an embodiment of the Industrial Revolution (good and bad) with a steampunk theme. She had the Koh-I-Noor/Syamantaka-Mani and a mountain-sized factory train that could transform into a mecha based on Prince Albert as Noble Phantasms. It was weird.

Servant Sheet Compilation
    Pronouns - She/Her
    'Winner' of the Legendary Jack-Off