Page 136 of 620 FirstFirst ... 3686126131134135136137138141146186236 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,720 of 12386

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yes, find your niche and join us. I am the Foreigner Nerd, Morg is the Arthurian Nerd.
    You can become the Alter-Ego Nerd or Wonderland Nerd

quick Morg, tell me how you write that sentence above your profile pic
    Last edited by DelRey; March 30th, 2021 at 04:43 PM.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I am to be honest interested which the next prompt of the contest is ! to be honest even if i had never more then three points i dont give up perhaps i will win oneday !

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    Yes, find your niche and join us. I am the Foreigner Nerd, Morg is the Arthurian Nerd.
    You can become the Alter-Ego Nerd or Wonderland Nerd
    In that case I am the power nerd then.
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    wait two days and you know the next prompt when Asterism stars the contest. It is a broad concept with basically two subgenres. Everyone should find something to contribute next month.

University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    wait two days and you know the next prompt when Asterism stars the contest. It is a broad concept with basically two subgenres. Everyone should find something to contribute next month.
    okey i will wait until then . One Question will you also make Mages in the other Create thread like there is no Point against make a profile of a Caster servant as Mage during their life time ?

l

Blog Entries
    currently no plan at all to create a mage, as I am not interested in them rn.

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    quick Morg, tell me how you write that sentence above your profile pic
    Not him, but having done the same thing myself I can say just go to the Custom User Title option in Edit Profile.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I know I'm extremely late to the party but something has been intensely gnawing at me.

Quote Originally Posted by Morg van Destro
    Three days they went asking him, three days he said come back the next, and three days he hurled a poison boulder (yes, a poisoned boulder) that was caught and thrown back at him.
    ...wut? Am I to take this as some kind of joke perhaps?
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    I know I'm extremely late to the party but something has been intensely gnawing at me.

[/CENTER]
    ...wut? Am I to take this as some kind of joke perhaps?
    In the version of the legend I read it was a poisoned spear, not a boulder. How you'd poison a rock does seem strange.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    In the version of the legend I read it was a poisoned spear, not a boulder. How you'd poison a rock does seem strange.
    The story of Culhwch and Olwen has plenty of comedic elements, such as the convenience of how everything unfolds to the epic, which came as the inspiration for my subversion, to the finale of the tasks hunting Twrch Trwyth: a literal barber cursed to become a boar that they need the comb of, which is stuck in his hair, to groom the giant's beard. The few sources I look through each mentioned it was a boulder or stone, which also explains reason why he would need multiple people to throw it back, so I just assumed it was another bit of comedy placed into the story. How you poison a boulder, though, is beyond me, hence why I felt the need to exaggeratingly emphasize it. Maybe you dip it in poison?

This actually convenient, 'cause I was wondering in particular what you and Skull would think of this, as you've both done him before.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Morg van Destro View Post
    This actually convenient, 'cause I was wondering in particular what you and Skull would think of this, as you've both done him before.
    Tis good. Making him a dual Servant with Olwen was a clever idea. Been a while since I read the legend but I sort of recall Olwen as more of a standard "damsel in distress" type, so it's neat that she gets a chance to help out directly and participate in the action here. Definitely more interesting than just Culhwch as the usual honorable knight Servant. The group-oriented EoTM is a nice touch and Arthur's Armaments sort of reminds of my own Culhwch's second NP where it lets him call on varying buffs based on the aid he received on his adventures. Gleif Pentyrreg is a more straightforward take on the axe's "drawing blood from the air itself" legend (though in my case I definitely reached for a more esoteric take on the concept) but it works and the other two NPs fit quite well too.

Blog Entries
    Arthur's Armaments sort of reminds of my own Culhwch's second NP where it lets him call on varying buffs based on the aid he received on his adventures.
    Makes sense, as I was inspired by it. I thought giving him the actual weapons (especially Excalibur) would've been far too much, so going for buffs related to them seemed like the correct course.

Gleif Pentyrreg is a more straightforward take on the axe's "drawing blood from the air itself" legend (though in my case I definitely reached for a more esoteric take on the concept) but it works and the other two NPs fit quite well too.
    I considered the angles you and Skull tackled it from, but after going through a deep dive into the weapon (a very interesting read if your a fan of linguistics like me, though more minorly in my case) alongside the lack of feats attributed to it, I thought something simpler would be more appropriate. It also worked alongside the thought that Assassin is the accurate version of Culhwch while Lancer is more "the legend of Culhwch", similar to the difference between Charlemagne and Karl der Große (side note: does this basically mean all of Charlemagne's Paladins are fictional alongside him, or is it more that they were real, but the fantastical exploits of Charlemagne vs. Karl caused only a specific rift in their case?). In that sense, the powers of the axe were dramatized alongside Culhwch's personality as tends to happen as stories evolve and change with time, similar to how his weapon's name has been slightly up for debate as well, causing a difference between the powers, appearance, and personalities of the two Culhwchs.

A.K.A. Rick, apparently realcasually's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I have some odd 80 or so sitting around in various states of completion from "ready to type up" to "barely out of conceptual stage". My problem is the deadline of the contest was all that was giving me motivation to actually shift gears and do them. I'm a perfectionist so it's hard to put in the effort to make them as good as Lewis was even if it's not for the contest thread. Maybe after the next contest goes live in a few days it'll kickstart something.

Blog Entries
    thx Royd!

80? oof man.
    what helped me is to see the Servants i create in a story situation, so they have some kind of purpose. They are summoned for something instead of just being there for the sake of it. Perhaps look at some of your ideas and see if two or so are related and perhaps try to tell something of a story between them. Like what i did with Ross and Franklin. Perhaps it helps you that way that you dont create just a sheet, but create two for a story you want to tell us. Or make an even bigger step and create a LB out of your Lewis scenario. If you do that, here a deadline: 4th July. That was the day when Lewis told the story to Alice and she wished that he writes it down.

tomorrow starts the contest, I bet two Servants of yours fit the prompt. I hope it brings you back in the game.

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

A.K.A. Rick, apparently realcasually's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Interesting philosophy but that's not really my problem. It's the motivation to start in the first place. When there's no rush like there is in the contest with an official deadline, there's nothing to stop me just... pushing it back as I deal with all the other things I have to do.

Blog Entries
    The few sources I look through each mentioned it was a boulder or stone, which also explains reason why he would need multiple people to throw it back, so I just assumed it was another bit of comedy placed into the story. How you poison a boulder, though, is beyond me, hence why I felt the need to exaggeratingly emphasize it. Maybe you dip it in poison?
    Sounds like you got a shoddy translation. What Ysbadadden throws is a "Llechwayw" which is a spear with the only debate being the adjective "Llech" being in question as to whether it's to be taken at face value as a stone-tipped spear or if it's a scribal error and they meant to write "Lluch" to indicate an iron-tipped spear.

See, when I first read your sheet and saw him tossing a boulder I wasn't sure if you were messing or not since you clearly took a lot of artistic liberty to portray a comedic version of the tale especially since there were a number of other things which had me scratching my head aside from boulder tossing. But whatevs~

(side note: does this basically mean all of Charlemagne's Paladins are fictional alongside him, or is it more that they were real, but the fantastical exploits of Charlemagne vs. Karl caused only a specific rift in their case?).
    If I'm remembering correctly how Mizu explained it to me, it was something specific to Extella's story that forcibly split Charlemagne's Saint Graph into two different heroes (one based on history whilst the other legend) when normally they're one individual. The Paladins themselves are presumably the normal Heroic Spirit mix of both.

Blog Entries
    Sounds like you got a shoddy translation. What Ysbadadden throws is a "Llechwayw" which is a spear with the only debate being the adjective "Llech" being in question as to whether it's to be taken at face value as a stone-tipped spear or if it's a scribal error and they meant to write "Lluch" to indicate an iron-tipped spear.

See, when I first read your sheet and saw him tossing a boulder I wasn't sure if you were messing or not since you clearly took a lot of artistic liberty to portray a comedic version of the tale especially since there were a number of other things which had me scratching my head aside from boulder tossing. But whatevs~

If I'm remembering correctly how Mizu explained it to me, it was something specific to Extella's story that forcibly split Charlemagne's Saint Graph into two different heroes (one based on history whilst the other legend) when normally they're one individual. The Paladins themselves are presumably the normal Heroic Spirit mix of both.
    Sorry Skull but which language are the names actually ? Welsh or some medieval language ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    Sorry Skull but which language are the names actually ? Welsh or some medieval language ?
    The two surviving copies of the story "Culhwch ac Olwen" are both in Middle Welsh.

Blog Entries
    The two surviving copies of the story "Culhwch ac Olwen" are both in Middle Welsh.
    Thanks have you for welsh a Dictionary or specifc online translater were i could look when i making Noblephantasm names etc ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by realcasually View Post
    Interesting philosophy but that's not really my problem. It's the motivation to start in the first place. When there's no rush like there is in the contest with an official deadline, there's nothing to stop me just... pushing it back as I deal with all the other things I have to do.
    Well, a new contest is starting. Give me something to write home about.

Blog Entries
    Well, a new contest is starting. Give me something to write home about.
    Sorry what do you mean with to write home About ? and have you more Arthorian servants in the quiver because if you are still do more have we after some time the whole Crew out ?

and besdies have you seen my answer of your reactioh i hope again that i werent disrespectfull for you but there is on a Topic more then just one view Point if you understand .