Page 142 of 620 FirstFirst ... 4292132137140141142143144147152192242 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,840 of 12386

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    The Fool: Now that's an unusual idea for a Servant. Getting some strong Persona vibes here, especially the Skill letting him swap Classes (a la the Wild Card users being able to contract with Personas of all different Arcanas). His personality is cheerful but a little scary in how he seemingly has no compunctions on how far he'll be willing to go for the sake of his "journey" or care for the ramifications to the world. I take it his NP gives him new/stronger abilities for each Arcana he assumes? Curious if you thought of any examples on what some of them could do.
    I came up with The Fool as a concept I wanted to post on April Fool's. But since I missed my cue on it I thought I'd do some reworking on it and post it as a servant with a bit more flavor.

And I do have some ideas for Skills and abilities he would have once he assumes the next Arcana, and ironically enough, I don't know anything about Persona so it seems I hit those notes completely by accident. Still, I might make the Arcana its own series of servants, but I won't be making them as much of a regular thing. I shudder at the thought of having to come up with 20 variations of a single servant. Who do you think I am, Takeuchi with his Unlimited Saberface Works?

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I look, nothing happens, I look away, boom, several sheets. Why you like this chat?

Aguirre: interesting. The gravity power is indeed interesting and typical nasu-esque stuff, but the association with Attila seems rather forced. The effect of that NP can stay, but just liken it to her sword in the description and giving him an own weapon would have given much more to the flavor imo.
    Else i personally think the skill ranks are too high.
    Madness Enhancement sounds more low than EX ranked;
    battle continuation as well, fighting despite limping is not something granting a high rank, it is more what damage he can stomach without getting killed and being outnumbered like in the description doesnt count towards it except he is described as having suffered a bunch of wounds,
    Scourge of God, idk seems too high here or perhaps i dont know enough to compare Attila with Aguirre, but if it is an upgrade from Military Tactics, did Aguirre have idk 100.000 men under his command? Attila had 200.000 or so and still has Tactics rank B. Perhaps rename it to better fit the opponents he faced. rank C or renaming it. I think in general with the theme you are going for, drawing parallels to attila wouldve been better than outright taking stuff from her.
    But you get the feel for this stuff, so keep going.

Mad Jack: No low rank Madness Enhancement just for the name smh. I consider him more of a Joke-like character for weird comedic relief atm, because he is recent. A wraith at max. Still, he is crazy enough to become a Heroic Spirit in the future, for sure. Still, fun guy.

Arcana 0: such a cool idea and so fitting. Switching between the class who is on a journey and the one watching others journey for him is so good. And in the end he becomes Kars with ZA WARUDO, nice. And yes, do more Servants of the Arcana, even if most are just rough concept ideas. And who tf is The Moon.

Fortuna about Timur: I am not aware that he held the title as scourge of god, but perhaps in the play, but that was just roughly inspired by Timur and was not historically accurate in any case. His story is a weird one to begin with. He chased the legacy of Genghis Khan and made himself an ancestor-in-law of sorts. Yes he called himself Sword of Islam, but the title he got outside was Prince of Destruction. In europe, in which the Scourge title originates from, he got mixed opinions. Some where thankful for him because he fought the ottomans and others thought he was a threat, which he could well be if he wanted perhaps. And no, he had less than half the conquered area than Genghis Khan and slightly less than Iskandar. When he started his campaign against china he was almost 70 and started during winter. Even if did not die from the cold, he would barely make a dent in the powerful Ming dynasty at that point and even if he made it across the first lines of defense, this would not have worked out in the long run. He wouldve suffered his first big loss after his career started.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    His third NP is interesting, but I don't quite get the logic of how it equates to a gravity-increase. Also, does Scourge Of God do anything specific or it just a flavor Skill?
    Thanks! The short of it is it's supposed to go King of Tierra Firme (historical designation for part of the Americas) -> King of Terra Firma, meaning king of all the solid earth, literally of 'the still earth' in Latin (term used in literature for that concept since much, much earlier than the discovery of the Americas) -> Gravity powers that bring things closer to the earth's surface, keep them still by making it more difficult to move, and crush them against it.

As far as I could tell, Scourge of God's just a flavour-specific version of the Tactics Skill, like Frigid Charisma or Charisma of the Empress. Civilization Encroachment is an Altera Skill that actually does something unique, but that one implies a level of subconscious reality warping that's just too different from Berserker's wheelhouse, so he doesn't get anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by NittyGritty View Post
    Much more historical then my gold clad version. Tying him to Attila was an interesting choice. Making his declaration of being "King of Terra Firma" and applying it to the older meaning of the term in order to give him gravity powers was quite clever. Not sure about the EX Madness Enhancement or the Independent Action in personal skills. 8/10, would get lost in the jungle with again.
    Thank you! I looked into your El Dorado sheet now: very different take, but I like it a lot, too! Every apparent skill being mirrored by a true one is definitely fitting for that, and the detail about scams and pyramid schemes was nice.

Aguirre: I feel like giving him Photon Ray as an NP just because of his title as "Scourge of God" when their legends otherwise have no connection is a huge stretch. That title isn't even unique to the two of them, Genghis Khan had it as well and I can't see him having that NP too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed by Fortuna View Post
    I believe that Timur / Tamurlane also had the title, although that may be a misconception born from the play Tamburlaine loosely based on his life (and or me having played Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem one too many times and getting that line stuck in my head). I think he technically referred to himself as the Sword of Islam in his speech before attacking Damascus, but it may be the title scourge of god was given to him after the fact (and I can't say the guy didn't have the reputation for it, dude killed what's estimated to be 17 million people, 5% of the world's total population at the time and was feared throughout the majority of Europe, Africa, and Asia [although credit where it's due Genghis Khan technically killed an estimated 40 million people and had a larger empire as a whole*]). Either way your point stands on the whole Scourge of god thing (you could argue with Nero being considered by some the antichrist / 666 he/she could also count as the scourge of god), it's less of a unique denominator and more of a title given to specific people (so it doesn't fully make sense to hand the dude Mars' sword based on that principle alone).

* Although who knows what may have been if Timur either delayed his campaign to the spring against Ming era China or actually lived through the winter of 1405
    Well, my thinking was that since it was actually a self-assigned title on Aguirre's part (unlike those cases - unless I messed up my research at some point) the Grail would sense his wish to draw a parallel between himself and Attila on purpose and would sort of 'check' how much applies when we look at his actions while it picks his Skills. So he gets Scourge of God at a lower Rank because it's basically just the Tactics skill with a more violent flavour and he would've qualified for the Tactics Skill and had committed sufficient massacres, he doesn't get Civilization Encroachment at all because that level of subconscious reality warping would've been too far out of his wheelhouse as a Berserker from the 16th century, and he doesn't get the true Photon Ray because he never had the Sword of Mars but he gets a pale imitation because the broader definition of Photon Ray as 'piercing attack in which the user channels mana as they charge' was not out of his wheelhouse as a Berserker. Maybe it might make more sense within the context of a specific Singularity or something? Idk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    I look, nothing happens, I look away, boom, several sheets. Why you like this chat?

Aguirre: interesting. The gravity power is indeed interesting and typical nasu-esque stuff, but the association with Attila seems rather forced. The effect of that NP can stay, but just liken it to her sword in the description and giving him an own weapon would have given much more to the flavor imo.
    Else i personally think the skill ranks are too high.
    Madness Enhancement sounds more low than EX ranked;
    battle continuation as well, fighting despite limping is not something granting a high rank, it is more what damage he can stomach without getting killed and being outnumbered like in the description doesnt count towards it except he is described as having suffered a bunch of wounds,
    Scourge of God, idk seems too high here or perhaps i dont know enough to compare Attila with Aguirre, but if it is an upgrade from Military Tactics, did Aguirre have idk 100.000 men under his command? Attila had 200.000 or so and still has Tactics rank B. Perhaps rename it to better fit the opponents he faced. rank C or renaming it. I think in general with the theme you are going for, drawing parallels to attila wouldve been better than outright taking stuff from her.
    But you get the feel for this stuff, so keep going.
    Thank you!

Well, he doesn't really have the Sword as a weapon, it's a piercing attack he can execute with whatever, but I get what you mean, giving it a different name with the parallel being made only in the description could've fit well, too.

Lowering Scourge of God to C rank makes a lot of sense when you put it like that, yeah, I'm going to do that. I'll also lower Battle Continuation to C-, though if you think it should be even lower or removed entirely, feel free to tell me.

What rank would you suggest for Madness Enhancement? Something more like B? The specifics of that one vary a lot between different Berserkers so it felt hard for me to pick.
    Last edited by Serra; April 15th, 2021 at 04:30 AM.

Blog Entries
    Madness seems to me around rank D and yeah BC seems out of place when comparing it the other candidates who have it. Perhaps a Weak Constitution version that sometimes just lowers his Agility parameter instead, but WC is bad health since birth so, get creative. I read a skill named Unfortunate Physique for a Servant who limped as well, perhaps use that

University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Madness seems to me around rank D and yeah BC seems out of place when comparing it the other candidates who have it. Perhaps a Weak Constitution version that sometimes just lowers his Agility parameter instead, but WC is bad health since birth so, get creative. I read a skill named Unfortunate Physique for a Servant who limped as well, perhaps use that
    D it is then. And I think I'll just remove BC and not replace it with anything, then, since this version doesn't limp anymore as a Servant thanks to his D-rank Noble Phantasm. Thanks a lot for the help!

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Seeing the prompt for the latest contest in the other thread gave me an idea...
    (Also, hooray for me for actually making a Sheet instead of just posting an old one for once.)
    ----

Faker

True Name: "Genievre"
    Epithet: "The False Face Fairy"
    Origin: Britain (Arthurian Cycle)
    Hidden Attribute: Earth
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Dislikes: Lancelot, Scrutiny
    Talents: Impersonations, Witchcraft
    Natural Enemy: Guinevere

Parameters:
    STR: (D) END: (E) AGI: (C) MGI: (A) LCK: (E) NP: (B)

Character
    "Caster" claims to take the form of Guinevere, wife of King Arthur and Queen of Camelot. But in reality she is merely the Faker Class Servant. A fairy who just wanted to be loved and so she went along with a cruel plot to impersonate Guinevere which involved Morgan permanently reconstructing the fairy's face in order to match the queen's. However as Faker's Master gets closer to her, the more her real features will start to bleed through as she goes through Ascensions such as her green eyes and pointy ears.

Faker holds deep anxiety and insecurity surrounding her real identity due to being abandoned by the other Elementals as a youngling and so wholeheartedly embraced the name "Genievre" Morgan gave her even after realising it meant she was just a tool for revenge as she feared for her future. The dependency on this false narrative was even further enhanced after coming into contact with Artoria and briefly having the fantasy of having a perfect life with her. As she is not truly human, morality is still a foreign concept to Faker no matter how hard she tries to imitate humans and because of this it never occurred to her to put a stop to Morgan's schemes since it would ruin her chance at happiness. Thus these factors combined together to make a person who willingly goes along with an evil ploy despite not being inherently malicious herself.

When it comes to Morgan le fay, Faker has many mixed feelings. On the one hand, she was the first person to show her any kindness but at the same time she's under no illusion about the darkness in Morgan's heart which lead to her betraying Faker as soon as she fulfilled her purpose. The relationship between the two women can be compared to an abusive parent controlling their child. Faker does not want to live under Morgan's shadow but ultimately cannot deny her desire to return to her if she seems in trouble. Sadly it does not seem that familial bond is reciprocated.

In a Holy Grail War, Faker maintains a more covert role. She will avoid direct confrontation with enemy Servants and instead prefer to observe wherever possible. If the occasion occurs, she might try to use the Servants fighting each other to get close to an enemy Master whilst posing as an endargered bystander only to then kill the Master if they try to help her. When it comes to her own Master, Faker is content to play a submissive role in their relationship so long as her Master appears to be actively working towards their shared goal. But if this ends up not being the case, Faker will take a page out of Morgan's book and try to manipulate them into bending to her will - naturally since she lacks the psychological skills that Morgan had, Faker will instead rely on her glamour from being a Fae in order to charm them.

Her Wish upon the Grail? To change history so that she was not born a Fae, but rather a human in the vicinity of Artoria so that she can support the one she loves rather than being the antagonist she turned out to be.

Skills

Class Skills

Camouflage - (A)
    The Class Skill of Faker Servants that allows the user to disguise their Class and Parameters from all who try to perceive them, even one's Master. For the nameless Fae who gave up her own identity to become a doppelganger of Queen Guinevere in a revenge plot this Skill is greatly powered by both her acting ability and the magical reconstruction done by Morgan le Fay. As a Servant, an opponent will be fooled into thinking Faker is actually the real Guinevere in the Caster Class complete with corresponding Class and Personal Skills that they would imagine her to have. The deception will continue until the opponent is aware they are being fooled and have an inkling as to the true identity of Faker.

Personal Skills

Glamour of the Elemental - (A)
    The inherent ability possessed by Elementals to blend in with others not of their kind by using the magic surging through their bodies to give them a hypnotic effect over those of weaker minds. In addition to appearing as a Caster Servant in battle, Faker can even use this Skill to pass as a normal human for stealthily approaching either Masters or with any luck enemy Servants before striking. Normally a power just for disguise purposes, however it is also possible to use it more forcefully to apply suggestion onto a target in order to make them comply with the user's desires. In either case, it is possible to see through the Glamour by either having high resistance to magic and/or spotting errors in any lies that Faker might let slip.

Weak Constitution - (C)
    A weakness struck by the nature of frail health. Similar in nature to Innocent Monster, where the perception of the people in the future affects the existence of the Heroic Spirit. Deemed defective by the other Fae, Faker was born with an incredibly rare genetic disorder that plagued her with ill health throughout her life. Even as a Servant it continues to haunt her and she is at a periodic 10% risk of a Status Drop whenever taking an Action which increases during the stress of battle. In addition, when Faker has an episode of ill health it will negatively affect her other Skills and Noble Phantasm - causing them both to "glitch" up for a few seconds which could provide a prime opportunity for an enemy to see through Faker's deception or to overcome her Noble Phantasm depending on the situation.

Witchcraft - (B)

A Skill that signifies one as a practitioner of Witchcraft. This magecraft has roots in both the eastern and western worlds. While their time together may not have been that long in retrospect, Morgan le Fay thought it best to teach Faker the basics in Witchcraft which the latter took to like a duck to water thanks to her great magical potential as a Fae. While Faker did not have enough time to become as skilled as her teacher, she still managed to become a decent all rounder in the various techniques of potion making, familiar usage and curse inflicting to name a few. Had she not chosen to become the doppelganger of Queen Guinevere then she would have had enough talent to become a Caster Servant in her own right rather than a Faker.

Noble Phantasm

Fairy Fencer
    Les trois ducs de Hazzard

[Type - Anti Unit], [Noble Phantasm Rank - B], [Maximum Range - 1000 Metres], [Maximum Number of Targets - 3]

Faker's Noble Phantasm is the three Fairy Knights she had working for her in life. The "Knights" were a common sight who served the Elementals in Avalon. Naturally the average human cannot survive in the Otherworld's harsh climate so these are not your normal warriors but rather automatons crafted out of wood and flora whilst being animated by magic, all in the crude shape of the human knights which the Fae had a particular fascination with. After the abduction of Guinevere, Faker explained the concept behind the Fairy Knights' existence to Morgan and together they built three such knights to safeguard the captured queen.

Like your standard automated familiar, the wooden knights run on a simple Artificial Intelligence when not taking direct orders from Faker which allows her to remain in the shadows. Despite being armed with only an enchanted sword and shield, the Fairy Knights are no slouches in combat as the three of them together were able to fight toe to toe with Lancelot. This is due to them sharing their senses allowing them to perfectly coordinate their attacks and their artificial limbs means they do not suffer from fatigue as the fight drags on. When Faker is fighting alongside her trusty knights, the optimal strategy is to have the trio pin the enemy down so that Faker can finish the enemy off with a blast of her powerful witchcraft.

Of course the Knights are not without their fair share of weaknesses. In order to maximise processing speed, the AI has to be kept simple and so the guileful hero Lancelot was able to take advantage of that and lure their attacks into striking each other to weaken them. They also cannot grasp unseen factors and are prone to charging into traps or otherwise attacks invisible to the naked eye. In addition, whilst their bodies are make of enchanted wood, they are still vulnerable to magical attacks that impart a flame effect. Whilst Faker can construct spares if given enough time and materials, she is unable to maintains more than three Fairy Knights in combat at once.

Lore
    Long ago in a distant land there existed the fabled city of Camelot in which King Arthur ruled over the people. In the shadow of the king was Morgan le Fay, the king's older half-sister who felt she was denied the love of her father and the future she was entitled to and so began to plot behind the king's back.

Meanwhile in the magical land of Avalon there was a nameless Fae who lived all alone. Despite concepts like disease not supposed to be a thing in Avalon, this Fae was unlucky enough to be born "defective" with a malady not unlike a genetic disorder in humans and she was shunned by the other Elementals for her sickly nature. Dreaming of the human world with its many strange and fascinating humans, the Fae decided to one day travel there to seek treatment.

The two women crossed paths when Morgan went to a isolated lake deep in a mystical forest, looking for the Lady of the Lake Vivian when it was the nameless Fae instead who emerged from the water. The two were shocked to see each other and inquired into the other's identity. As they talked, Morgan began to formulate a plan in her mind as to how she could take her revenge on Artoria. She decided to take the young Fae under her wing and deliberately named her "Genievre" and explained that the king has access to all sorts of powerful physicians and mystics like Merlin and that should someone close to them fall sick then they would spare no expense to cure them. Then over the next few days Morgan taught Genievre everything she knew about the Queen Guinevere - how she spoke, acted and her history. When the time to put the operation in motion came close there was only one task left to do...magically reconstruct Genievre's face into that of the queen.

The crucial day came when Queen Guinevere was being escorted back to Camelot after a visit to her father's land. The knight in charge of the travelling party was Morgan's spy on the Round Table, Agravain and he knew of what was going to happen so when the evil King Melwas attacks the royal carriage with his knights, Agravain pretends to lose in a duel and the queen is abducted back to Melwas' lands. Hearing the news, Lancelot and Gawain are immediately dispatched by Artoria to rescue the damsel but after slaying Melwas, the person they find in the dungeon is in fact Genievre pretending to be Guinevere. The knights were none the wiser and took Genievre to Camelot where she acted out the role as yet another agent of Morgan's.

As the days past by, Genievre did everything she could to learn about Artoria in the hopes of finding a weakness that Morgan could exploit, with Genievre discreetly sending secret reports back to the witch every night. But the more she spent time with Artoria, the more Genievre became enamoured with her and the thoughts of assassinating her quickly faded away. As per orders, Genievre started acting depressed about the idea of being childless due to Artoria being female which the latter then brought up to Merlin in which he proposed a solution.

Meanwhile Lancelot was standing at the crossing where Melwas had abducted Guinevere, deep in thought. Having been born on the continent, Lancelot was familiar with the land of Cameliard which Guinevere hails from and when Genievre mentioned it in conversation, her comments made little sense and so something terrible was nagging in Lancelot's mind. As he followed the now faint traces of Melwas' knights he started to get a terrible feeling as they led in a completely different direction than Melwas' castle which is where they initially went based on what Agravain had said. Reaching one of Morgan's hideouts, Lancelot found himself being confronted by three inhuman Fairy Knights. It was a tough fight, but Lancelot managed to overcome the automatons and break into the hideout where he found the real Guinevere who had been enchanted into a long slumber.

Lancelot took Guinevere back to Camelot at once and revealed the ruse causing the imposter to be captured, but with her fantasy of being Artoria's wife shattered the ill health Genievre had been hiding struck all at once resulting in her collapsing. Out of mercy, Artoria had the imposter locked under house arrest in a spare bedroom in the castle awaiting interrogation. After an examination of her body, Merlin revealed to Genievre that he could in fact cure her body and Artoria would be willing to send her back to Avalon unmolested in exchange for revealing the identity of her co-conspirators. Out of compassion and remorse, Genievre was about to tell Artoria everything when instead only blood poured out of her mouth. Merlin tried to intervene but it was too late as a powerful and quick acting poison had been slipped into Genievre's food and she died in Artoria's arms.

Elsewhere, Morgan le Fay was cackling to herself in yet another one of her safehouses. She tossed Genievre's many reports into the fireplace as she had concluded that Artoria had no weaknesses and instead she had created a doppelganger of the wrong person since the only warrior that could defeat Artoria is another Artoria as she held up the vial in her hands that contained the DNA of Artoria from when Merlin had temporarily made her into a pseudo-male for the purposes of creating an heir. Operation Genievre had concluded and now a new one was about to begin...Operation Mordred.

Relationships
    Arthur - "...Meh."

Artoria - "I bear you no ill will. But if it would put your heart to rest, I would gladly let you cut me down right here and now."

Gray - "Why would you reject the prospect of turning into such a wonderful person? Discard your unwanted shell and live freely as the object of desires!"

Lancelot - "You always were a thorn in my side. Perhaps I should finally remove it..."

Merlin - "I cannot fathom the depths of the crimes you must have committed in order to incur Lady Vivian's wrath."

Mordred - "How sad to see my replacement. The next year's model of toy for Lady Morgan's little game of revenge."

Shiki Ryougi - "You say you knew a man whose mind was tampered with by fairies? I do not doubt it, we can be a bit rough when we play with humans."

Creator's Notes
    Had a brainblast and wanted to try tackling a character who has next to zero chance of showing up in canon and to see if I could flex my creative muscles and spin it to fit into canon as best I could.

For the longest time I couldn't decide if I wanted her to be Guinevere's split-personality (Alter-Ego) or a body double (Faker) created by Morgan. In the end I ultimately went with the latter, but all I knew was that I definitely didn't want to pull the "Evil Twin out of nowhere" shtick that she is in reality.

Thinking about it, had Waver not been the hero of Case Files than Genievre would have been an ideal alternative for the role of Faker in that story since it would have related to Gray instead of Waver's bond with Iskandar.

Meer Campbell from "Gundam Seed Destiny" played an integral role in shaping the character. That said, the Faceclaim is Zelda from "The Legend of Zelda". As an aside, the Noble Phantasm was based on the idea of the wooden Karakuri Puppets.

As usual, all comments and criticisms are welcome~
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    Jack Churchill: Wow, I'm not that familiar with the real guy's history but based on your take he's way crazier than I expected even given the epithet "Mad Jack". He sounds like he'd rival the Major's "I love war" speech from Hellsing. He is a bit OP, though I suppose that's inevitable from making him a Heroic Spirit at all.

Mad Jack In Combat! is kind of a weird Skill though for being both generic (just a combo of two existing Skills) and also absurdly specific to him. Even Thirst For War is a bit of a stretch (especially at that rank) since I'm pretty sure there's some mythical or historical figures who loved fighting as much as this guy, but I'm willing to buy that given how important it is in his characterization. "Embodies his achievements in the numerous battles where he fought" though just seems vague enough that pretty much any martial hero would have something like that. If you still want him to have another original Skill I'd make something like 'Audacious Charisma' where he can inspire his allies in proportion to how audaciously he acts on the battlefield and his victories, which sort of fits the "inspires his troops with strange charisma" aspect you were aiming for.
    I took off the "Mad Jack in Combat!" skill and replaced it by two other skills (like your Audacious Charisma, I really like your idea). As for the "Thirst For War" it's really a notable thing about him, like before ww2 he was craving for war and even after he was still craving for it and did other mad lad things in Palestine. I genuinely didn't know a soldier could be as addicted to war as him. Still, I slightly ranked down the skill, just in case there's worse than him.

(Also, I added an image on to illustrate the Riding skill)

Zmeya Gorynych: I'm always for dragon girls, dragon girls are cool. I like the sheet, but I didn't really understand the "Mad Enhancement (Reversal)". Is it a skill which does the contrary of ME? Or is it still the same idea but adapted for dragons? Like dragons are supposed to be mad so here their madness is to not be mad?

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frigix View Post
    Zmeya Gorynych: I'm always for dragon girls, dragon girls are cool. I like the sheet, but I didn't really understand the "Mad Enhancement (Reversal)". Is it a skill which does the contrary of ME? Or is it still the same idea but adapted for dragons? Like dragons are supposed to be mad so here their madness is to not be mad?
    Glad you like her!

And it is kinda both. Dragons are supposed to actively causing harm to humanity (the western kind, at least), it is what constitutes as normal for them, so a dragon that tries to resist their nature is a mad dragon. In effect, it grants the opposite of Mad Enhancement, decreasing her strength instead of increasing them, making her more reasonable by a human standard.

It less that their madness is not to be mad, but not murdering people for fun is not normal for an evil dragon, "wow, you are not eating people? Are you nuts?". It similar with uhh, a lion that tries to be a herbivore, if that makes sense.

---

Ah, I found a perfect analogy for this from the recent hot stuff. In Attack on Titans, a normal Titan will tries to attack people on sight, I think? Meanwhile, those that doesn't is categorized as an Abnormal Titan, because they are against the norm. It is like that.
    Last edited by Spartacus; April 15th, 2021 at 10:08 AM.

Blog Entries
    oh damn, i somehow skipped the dragon girl, sry!

I really like the idea of ME (Reversal). Seems like using YGO pictures becomes a trend here. I see you have a great amount of experience of creating sheets, as the descriptions of skills ad character are detailed without being long. And after reading through your premise of Fate ConQuest I know why. I have a vaguely similar idea for stuff that happens after the LB arc, interesting stuff. Is that actually ur first servant? idk yet and i dont see a blog with ur last servants.

Faker: cool backstory and she fits well into fatelore, you couldve posted it in the contest thread tho

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Ah, I have written a few sheets and published them before, it just I haven't compiled them yet in a blog (since I only make a few to justify making one), I should do that someday.

Glad you liked it. And yeah, Yugioh arts are tempting to use. I even have a Church character using Sky Striker Raye as a face claim (not released yet).

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frigix View Post
    I took off the "Mad Jack in Combat!" skill and replaced it by two other skills (like your Audacious Charisma, I really like your idea). As for the "Thirst For War" it's really a notable thing about him, like before ww2 he was craving for war and even after he was still craving for it and did other mad lad things in Palestine. I genuinely didn't know a soldier could be as addicted to war as him. Still, I slightly ranked down the skill, just in case there's worse than him.

(Also, I added an image on to illustrate the Riding skill)
    Appreciate you took my advice, but I should note you still mention the "Mad Jack In Combat!" Skill in his NP description. Might want to rewrite that.

Blog Entries
    Arcana 0: such a cool idea and so fitting. Switching between the class who is on a journey and the one watching others journey for him is so good. And in the end he becomes Kars with ZA WARUDO, nice. And yes, do more Servants of the Arcana, even if most are just rough concept ideas. And who tf is The Moon.
    First rule of the Nasuverse club. We don't talk about The Moon.

But in all seriousness. Since Arcana's final form is supposed to be the ultimate life form, perfection in human shape, then it means the Moon is the form he would take at that stage of his evolution, which he considers to be a completely different person to himself. Who knows what kind of moon-related shenanegans would take place if he ever got that far.

Blog Entries
    Genievre: I'll say it. I'm into it.
    I've had her in the back of my head for a long time, but never felt any sort of urge to make her like my other Servants. Glad to see someone was able to run with the idea and make something interesting out of it. Got to say, though, that I find it weird you treat Morgan like some kind of old-timey villain at the end who's just begging for a moustache to twirl. Safehouses and operations felt like weird phrases to use when talking about her even if they convey it well. Making her a fae was a pretty good stroke, I must say, and I think it's probably more interesting than what I would've done if I was ever finally struck with my typical ideas.

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 08:39 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Morg van Destro View Post
    Got to say, though, that I find it weird you treat Morgan like some kind of old-timey villain at the end who's just begging for a moustache to twirl. Safehouses and operations felt like weird phrases to use when talking about her even if they convey it well.
    English is hard, okay?

But I'm glad you enjoyed it nonetheless.

Blog Entries
    Skull, your next comment is ur 6000th. make it count. write something epic

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    write something epic
    "SOYLENT GREEN IS... just soy and lentils."

Blog Entries
    How dare, Frigix. How dare you insult me in this manner. I clearly called dibs only a few posts ago, and you still had the audacity to make this Servant. Well, I'll have you know I'm just crazy enough to take this as a personal insult and challenge. I was gonna wait to start this Servant, but you sent it right to the top of my list. I hope you're happy.
    Love you.

The Last 'Archer'

Source
    Other Classes: Saber, Berserker, Rider (Summer)
    True Name: John ‘Mad Jack’ Churchill
    Alignment: 'Mad' Good
    Place of Origin: Colombo, British Ceylon
    Height: 182 cm.
    Weight: 69 kilo.
    Dislikes: Boredom. Slothfulness.
    Natural Enemy:

Parameters:
    STR: C
    END: B
    AGI: C
    MGI: E
    LCK: A
    NP: A

Class Skills:
    Independent Action (B):
    It is possible for a Servant to stay in the world for two days without a Master. However, this is the ideal value achieved by maximally conserving mana and avoiding battle and Noble Phantasm usage.

Riding (D):
    While a good driver, he is only capable of driving vehicles from his era. However, All Kinds of Talents could allow him to learn other mounts with enough time.

Magic Resistance (E):
    Normally sealed, he gains this Skill in the situation that his bow becomes broken and his Class changes to Saber, gaining it only due to the container.

Personal Skills:
    Properly Dressed (B~C):
    "Any officer who goes into action without his sword is improperly dressed."

His own personal belief sublimated as a Skill, this Skill is always active and grants him an increase in both Strength and Endurance so long as he has both his sword and bow. However, should his bow be broken and only his sword remain, it will lower to C and only affect his Strength. When this occurs, his Class will also shift to Saber.

Bardic Charisma (C~C+)::
    From second in command to commanding officer, Archer had a natural inclination to leadership. Under him, the British military won many battles, and he is often noted as playing his bagpipes to signal or boost the morale of his troops. Whenever he plays his bagpipes, his Charisma gains a positive modifier.

Calm and Collected (C):
    Despite his nickname, Archer was madder in his actions than the man himself. He takes to dangerous and stressful situations as though he’s going for a Sunday drive and barely thinks non-critical wounds are worth mentioning. He even once calmly walked away in retreat from an enemy force hailing his men with machinegun fire. During this, a bullet clipped his ear, whizzing past his face, and he just continued walking as though nothing happened saying he was “too tired to bother running”.

All Kinds of Talents (B):
    An excellent archer, a parachutist, a remarkably skilled bagpiper, an expert surfer, even an actor and more, Archer is a man deserving of this Skill. He is able to do anything he practiced when he was alive at C Rank or higher and learns faster than normal for matters he only just got started.

Noble Phantasm:
    Mad Jack: Fighting till the Joy has Faded (A)
    Anti-Mind

This Noble Phantasm is the manifestation of his reputation and the perceptions others had of him during his military career.

A madman that rushed into battle and used outdated weapons yet somehow almost always succeeded at any goal he set out to accomplish, even taking as much from the enemy as possible whenever victory was impossible. Blaring bagpipes, whizzing arrows, and a swinging sword amidst gunfire and explosions all while remaining relatively untouched.

The mere fact of entering battle inflicts mental interference on his enemies and gives his allies increases to the own mental defenses, as nothing the enemy does can match the 'madness' Archer exudes. This has a greater affect on modern Servants while it is lessened on older Servants as they are more familiar with his form of combat.

Lore
    John Churchill was an individual constantly afflicted with something that plagues every young man throughout their childhood and even often times into adulthood.

John was bored.

Even as a child, he was constantly going out and investigating the world to alleviate the boredom weaseling through his mind. This included him studying and practicing several different fields and activities all before joining the military. He even left the army for four years to become a newspaper editor simply because he wanted to try something different. He even took small roles in films, had a brief stint as a male model, and represented Great Britain in the World Archery Championships all in an effort to prevent the boredom from sneaking up on him.

However, he found his greatest distraction in the form of WWII, which prompted him to resume his commission to the army. For him, though, as someone who admired the days long past where epic battles were fought between individuals rather than machines or from hundreds of meters away, he believed the best, and only, weapons he needed were what they used. A sword and a bow.

From then, he would go on to do many ‘mad’ things during his service, whether by going the entirety of the rest of a campaign with only his sword after his bow was shattered halfway through, playing the bagpipes while charging into battle on multiple occasions, purposely volunteering for the most dangerous areas for the fun of it, having a demolition charge accidently exploding the wall he was leaning on with him somehow only being minorly wounded by the wine bottle he happened to be drinking form, attacking a German encampment at night while he and his men all screamed “Commando!”, and taking forty-two soldiers prisoner by stealthily approaching them and terrifying them into surrender with just a command and a flash of his sword.

However, Jack would find himself captured after the last remaining members of his commandos were either killed or wounded by a mortar that had somehow left him completely untouched. Knowing it was the end, he played his bagpipes until grenades were thrown at their position and he was knocked unconscious.

But his luck held true, and a German Captain made them prisoners rather than killing them under Gestapo orders because he admired Jack as a soldier. Though delivered to a concentration camp, he and another prisoner escaped only to be recaptured and sent to another camp before escaping that one almost half a year later, walking 150 miles in eight days, the last three on a sprained ankle, before being picked up by the American military.

Still, Jack was not done, being sent off to Burma where the largest land war against Japan was raging, only to be disappointed when, by the time he reached India, the Atom Bombs were dropped, and the war was over. He would jokingly recount his disappointment by saying “If it hadn’t been for those damned Yanks, we could have kept the war going for another 10 years.”

He tried again to reenter combat against the Indonesians, but he also missed out on that short war. Jack, still seeking something to scratch the itch that had been forming since the bombing, transferred to the Seaforth Highlanders and became a paratrooper. He would even return to the battlefield with the Highlanders, where he would continue bringing his own brand of madness to warfare.

Didn’t know where to put this, but I wanted to share it
    He walked in full parade dress, which for him was a bonnet, kilt, diced stockings, and spats, in front of a Jewish medical convoy swinging a walking stick and grinning broadly at them while they were being attacked by Arabian terrorists. When recounting it, he said “I grinned like mad from side to side as people are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them … [that] outfit in the middle of the battle, together with my grinning at them, may have made the Arabs laugh because most of them have a sense of humor. Anyway, they didn’t shoot me!”

After his time in Palestine he would go on to appear in yet another film and even take up surfboarding and be the first to ride Severn River’s tidal bore. Eventually, though, he became bored with the lack of greater conflicts to take part in and retired from the military, but he sated his boredom by training ‘youngsters’.

Churchill and his wife, a woman he met and married during his time training as a Commando, are noted as spending much time together now that his life had finally begun slowing down, raising two children and often sailing on the River Thames. He still did smaller things to keep himself occupied, whether it was making intricately accurate model ships or simply through his suitcase out of the train into his backyard so he didn’t have to carry it home. He was satisfied and died quietly at home knowing he’d been able to fight off boredom till the end.

Personality
    Mad Jack is a thrill seeker and, even more so, warrior, at heart. He is always on the lookout for something interesting to do and makes a little effort to add a bit of flair to everything he does. Even something as simple as greeting someone can become an event if given the opportunity.

He's actually very intelligent and thoughtful individual despite his reputation as a 'madman'. He may do crazy and over the top things, but that's more in service of keeping them interesting than lack of foresight. Even many of his more mad actions in the war often resulted in accomplishing what he wanted them to, though he wasn't one to turn away the healthy amount of luck he seemed to have. After all, he was mad, not stupid.

One who takes everything as a challenge to do something interesting with it alongside a thirst for excitement, Jack always puts himself at the forefront of every battle, mixing both extravagance and efficiency in equal measure all while keeping a level head and a seemingly endless calm. Even in the middle of a warzone with enemies on all sides, Jack will act as though it was his plan from the beginning, and it's just possible it was.

He has no wish for the Grail, only answering the summons for a chance of excitement and battle. He will fight till the last man, taking on whatever challenge is placed in his path and meeting it with a fervor bordering on... well, madness.

Relationships
    Jeanne D'Arc (Ruler): I know you love peace, but you certainly knew how to wage war! Shame how you went out, though.

Spartacus: I may be mad, but this one's crazy!

Cú Chulainn: Well, let's make this exciting, shall we!

William Wallace: Oh! Now this will be an interesting one!

Francisco Romero: Bullfighting? No, I haven't.

Notes

Possible faceclaim candidates.

This is another situation like Dagonet where I just fell more in love with him as I read. There are actually a few other things about him that I cut because they just didn't flow well in the description. I actually think people should look him up. This guy was awesome. Wish I could've given him more relationship interactions. If people have ideas, message me.

I cannot believe not a single person has done William Wallace yet. Someone should get on that.
    Last edited by Morg van Destro; April 16th, 2021 at 09:27 PM.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mad Jack Churchill: Dang, I love that NP. I think it perfectly captures the whole "bizzareness" of enemies seeing him blindly charge forward only with his signature weapons. Allowing him to change class upon having his bow broken is also a creative decision that suits his character. Also did I spy a Summer Jack idea in there?

On another note, really? No one has done a William Wallace sheet so far? Not even in the older threads? I usually avoid writing more mainstream heroes cuz' I'm not sure I can do their legends justice, but if no one's ever worked on him before, guess I can add him to the pile of Servants I may release anywhere between tomorrow and the next two years.
    Last edited by BnEl15; April 16th, 2021 at 04:50 AM.

Blog Entries
    This guy is awesome, when i read the last sheet i knew that would be the kind of guy running around in something like a dress, guess he did, kinda. When reading those anecdotes i would have added a low ranked protection from projectiles based on luck.
    A summer variant in an event that turns the beach into a groteque joke variant of the D day or something would be his place

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.