Page 145 of 620 FirstFirst ... 4595135140143144145146147150155195245 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,900 of 12384

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 08:41 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    I probably need to brush up on my serial killer knowledge, but who is he faking here? Is he using a false name or something? Aside from that, I love the murder hotel NP, and your first-person narration of his lore really sells me on his general creepiness.
    I actually read through a portion of his autobiography (yes, he wrote an autobiography before he died) to get his cadence and word phrasing write. I obviously can't claim to understand his actual motives for doing everything beyond, well, the fact that it definitely had to do with the money, but anything else is obviously speculation and storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by realcasually View Post
    I've always thought of Faker as a class specifically for clones, replicants and knockoffs riding the coattails of OTHER Servant's myths, or whose legends revolve entirely AROUND mimicry. Holmes just isn't that, he's a famous killer. Everything else, though... Spectacular.
    Can you tell me Holmes's real name without looking it up? Do you know how many aliases and false names he used in life? Have you seen my Dagonet who basically represents how I perceive the Class?
    Clones, replicants, knock-offs, and body doubles make sense, but its so limiting that you may have noticed almost no one makes them, which is a shame because I think it's a very interesting Class. Do you know how many Fakers have been made in the CaS thread not even counting my two? 3. Even if I add in the contest submissions, its only 5. The requirement is too narrow. So, I have decided that, as it still fits the theme, people who are famous for taking on the identities of others or simply creating new identities for themselves. As to not make it so literally everyone who becomes popular while pretending to be someone else, I.E., most female heroes who pretended to be men, there have to be multiple cases as well as a reputation for doing so. This way, we can perhaps see more Fakers in the thread and interesting sheets based around them. Thank you for coming to my TeDTalk.

Quote Originally Posted by Cursed by Fortuna View Post
    Which could lead to an epic or remnants style of event if I did it right where The Darkness / The Other would work using a human or servant as a vessel to interact in this world in order to create an identity for itself (possibly citing that it had it's identity and name removed or forgotten, thus making it unable to interact with our world in any tangible way directly) and thus to build a foundation for it's existence, in essence a legend or myth for itself to establish an identity and name so that it could interact with this world.
    Makes me thing of the Darkness from... Well, The Darkness. Do people know what I'm talking about, or is it just me?

Also, Wyvern, tell me if I did it right.
    Last edited by Morg van Destro; April 21st, 2021 at 02:43 PM.

A.K.A. Rick, apparently realcasually's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Morg van Destro View Post
    Can you tell me Holmes's real name without looking it up? Do you know how many aliases and false names he used in life? Have you seen my Dagonet who basically represents how I perceive the Class?
    Clones, replicants, knock-offs, and body doubles make sense, but its so limiting that you may have noticed almost no one makes them, which is a shame because I think it's a very interesting Class. Do you know how many Fakers have been made in the CaS thread not even counting my two? 3. Even if I add in the contest submissions, its only 5. The requirement is too narrow. So, I have decided that, as it still fits the theme, people who are famous for taking on the identities of others or simply creating new identities for themselves. As to not make it so literally everyone who becomes popular while pretending to be someone else, I.E., most female heroes who pretended to be men, there have to be multiple cases as well as a reputation for doing so. This way, we can perhaps see more Fakers in the thread and interesting sheets based around them. Thank you for coming to my TeDTalk.
    You make some extremely compelling points, I must admit. Dagonet IS one of my favourite Fakers I've seen around, I've never denied that. Maybe I didn't phrase my own argument too well, and that's my fault. The only argument I could fall back on is that it's not necessarily what Holmes is famous for. Dagonet, to use your own example, the central part of his myth that you've used IS his nature as acting the fool to hide the hidden depths. Another of my favourite Fakers is Echo, over in the contest thread. The entire Narcissus angle works too well. But take Holmes. He's famous for doin' a bunch a' murders, which in my mind would mean he qualifies far MORE for the Assassin class.

That being said, that's just MY opinion on it, and it's not like you DIDN'T call out Assassin as one of his other classes-- nothing ultimately changes in that regard save for class skills, so it's not like there's actually anything about him I'D do differently (or nearly as well as you have). He already HAS Presence Concealment in the first place! It doesn't really matter WHAT class he IS in your version, because I love literally everything else about it, and I want to be clear I think this is literally the pinnacle of how the character could ever be handled. I was just ruminating on the class, really, and you've helped broaden my horizons on it. Maybe I'll try doing my own something with it some time.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Fortuna: I did not care about the Nameless Mist and The Darkness so far because it is too obscure for me yet to have actual theories or ideas behind it. Because I currently look into creation stories, I could see both, who created the first real entities Yoggy and Shubby as some weird conceptual powers that birthed them somehow. If you wanna tackle The Darkness, good luck, I think it would be hard with the tidbits i remember about them. Probably look into the attempts of the mythos itself to syncretize it with other beings.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by realcasually View Post
    You make some extremely compelling points, I must admit. Dagonet IS one of my favourite Fakers I've seen around, I've never denied that. Maybe I didn't phrase my own argument too well, and that's my fault. The only argument I could fall back on is that it's not necessarily what Holmes is famous for. Dagonet, to use your own example, the central part of his myth that you've used IS his nature as acting the fool to hide the hidden depths. Another of my favourite Fakers is Echo, over in the contest thread. The entire Narcissus angle works too well. But take Holmes. He's famous for doin' a bunch a' murders, which in my mind would mean he qualifies far MORE for the Assassin class.

That being said, that's just MY opinion on it, and it's not like you DIDN'T call out Assassin as one of his other classes-- nothing ultimately changes in that regard save for class skills, so it's not like there's actually anything about him I'D do differently (or nearly as well as you have). He already HAS Presence Concealment in the first place! It doesn't really matter WHAT class he IS in your version, because I love literally everything else about it, and I want to be clear I think this is literally the pinnacle of how the character could ever be handled. I was just ruminating on the class, really, and you've helped broaden my horizons on it. Maybe I'll try doing my own something with it some time.
    I understand it's your opinion. I was just presenting my case, and I completely get what you mean. He was going to be Assassin originally, but the opportunity to make him Faker was one I didn't want to pass up since, like I said, they're a rarity even when compared to something like Alter-Ego. I just want to see more of them and what people can do with them. Also, I really do hope you go for one at some point. I'd love to see what you come up with.

A.K.A. Rick, apparently realcasually's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I understand it's your opinion. I was just presenting my case, and I completely get what you mean. He was going to be Assassin originally, but the opportunity to make him Faker was one I didn't want to pass up since, like I said, they're a rarity even when compared to something like Alter-Ego. I just want to see more of them and what people can do with them. Also, I really do hope you go for one at some point. I'd love to see what you come up with.
    Completely understandable. Again, if I think about it, making him an Assassin just means taking stuff out of your version, so honestly it's not even like I "lost" out on my idealised Assassin Holmes. There is only gain. Food for thought!

You know, thinking about it more, I know exactly who I'm going to do with it. It's a concept I already had, but I'd never thought of doing Faker with it... but it fits the class WAY better than it does the other potential classes in the wings. You know what, this is the motivation I need to type something up outside of the contest thread. You win, DelRey. I'll work on it... after I get done with all the IRL stuff I have to do this week.
    Last edited by realcasually; April 21st, 2021 at 04:10 PM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I've seen a bunch of H.H Holmes sheets by now with pretty similar Skills and NPs (well, it's not like there's tons of variety in the figure to work with since his NP is pretty much inevitably going to be the Murder Castle). I have to say I think this one stands out the most in personality though. I like that you fleshed him out to be more than a crazed murderer while still leaving the ambiguity in his motives that makes him so effectively creepy. A genial but pragmatic man who cares for his friends while being willing to commit horrifying crimes is definitely scarier and more memorable than just a straight sadistic killer archetype.

Darkened Misty Metropolis Lambda-Nu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So, I disappeared again because of college and work stuff, and now need to catch up on the compilation. Joy...

But I'm back now, and may have something posted in the near future. It'll likely be my Alter Ego Mount Fuji sheet I've mentioned a few times, since I've finally been making good progress on it. Could also finish that Rider Bull Demon King whenever I find wherever it is in my doc. Other than that, some of the other projects I have include sheets for Rider Argo, Hades (class indeterminate thus far), Ruler Ahura Mazda, Alter Ego Wan Hu, Persephone (class indeterminate thus far), Alter Ego Hermes Trismegistus, Caster Takiyashahime, Caster Lucius Tarquinius, and Assassin Dietrich Bonhoeffer.
    The joys of being a Mommy

Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Complete.

Servant Database (v2.0)

CHALDEA SECURITY ORGANIZATION: AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    Singularity / Lostbelt Database

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries
    Lambda you live Pog
    I recommend reading the Hestia sheet from the current contest, as a fellow Greek Myth enjoyer you may like it too

University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Also, Wyvern, tell me if I did it right.
    Lambda be Like:

Jokes aside.

I really love, pardon the pun, that someone else has decided to take the Class I created and made their own sheet with it. And you seem to have gotten it pretty damn well. Lover is a fairly straightforward Class, but comes with some nice concepts that allow for different figures to manifest in a new light. And I can see no better example than your Beatrice, summoned as an example of what Dante loved about her.

The idea that she will also fall in love with the master she is 'guiding' adds a nice little touch to it!

Looking forward to see more sheets use the concept. Maybe I SHOULD post that blog about my original classes sometime in the future...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    Lambda be Like:

This made me laugh.

But that aside, I decided to give Mount Fuji a Skill that denotes one as being a representation of one of the Three Holy Mountains. The problem here is that I don’t really know what that would do. Maybe she takes less damage from attacks by Japanese enemies or something? And then there’s the issue of the Noble Phantasm. I don’t think that dropping Mount Fuji itself on enemies is a really good idea, hilarious as it would be.

Servant Database (v2.0)

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries
    i have no idea yet about the history and mythology about Mr. Fuji, but I would have attempted to find a god associated with Fuji, research that god or at least it's name and find something that could count as concepts. Or in the case of the 3 Holy Mountains looking into why they are sacred, what do they represent for those who started calling them that and derive ideas for that. The only thing i would say right now is that Fuji's NP should rather be a supportive/defensive one.
    After looking for few minutes I would (if i would do Fuji) research the local goddess Konohanasakura, a shinto deity of cherry blossoms and associated with easy childbirth, that aspect seems to be preserved as it seems with buddhism she was replaced by her buddhist equivalents. Fuji is a vulcano, I guess inactive now, her history could touch on that in terms of character development, because wiki says she keeps it from erupting or is a kami of all vulcanoes, werent you the one who did a Kagutsuchi sheet? Perhaps you can find connections there.
    This Sakura lady is part of the Yama-No-Kami, mountain gods, there seems to be a theme on them going on and she herself is part of the lineage of Emperor Jimmu.
    Mt. Fuji in general is a symbol of Japan and so are cherry blossoms, working around that would be a (for me) interesting theme to explore.

I recently connected a famous youkai with a god that was born during the Kamiumi because that one was the only one associated with Snow like yuki onna. Connecting shit to the divine is just my thing, if you want a more modern/earthly approach that is interesting as well.

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    i have no idea yet about the history and mythology about Mr. Fuji, but I would have attempted to find a god associated with Fuji, research that god or at least it's name and find something that could count as concepts. Or in the case of the 3 Holy Mountains looking into why they are sacred, what do they represent for those who started calling them that and derive ideas for that. The only thing i would say right now is that Fuji's NP should rather be a supportive/defensive one.
    After looking for few minutes I would (if i would do Fuji) research the local goddess Konohanasakura, a shinto deity of cherry blossoms and associated with easy childbirth, that aspect seems to be preserved as it seems with buddhism she was replaced by her buddhist equivalents. Fuji is a vulcano, I guess inactive now, her history could touch on that in terms of character development, because wiki says she keeps it from erupting or is a kami of all vulcanoes, werent you the one who did a Kagutsuchi sheet? Perhaps you can find connections there.
    This Sakura lady is part of the Yama-No-Kami, mountain gods, there seems to be a theme on them going on and she herself is part of the lineage of Emperor Jimmu.
    Mt. Fuji in general is a symbol of Japan and so are cherry blossoms, working around that would be a (for me) interesting theme to explore.

I recently connected a famous youkai with a god that was born during the Kamiumi because that one was the only one associated with Snow like yuki onna. Connecting shit to the divine is just my thing, if you want a more modern/earthly approach that is interesting as well.
    Yeah, I was the one who did a Kagutsuchi (and Mizuhame) sheet. I did plan to include components of Konohanasakuya-hime, as well as Kuninotokotachi and Asama-no-Okami (Mount Fuji as a deity). I've also heard that some people believe that Fuji-san is the incarnation of the earth spirit itself, so I plan to find some way to incorporate that into the sheet. Taoists also identify Mount Fuji with Mount Penglai, the home of the immortals, but I'm not sure how to incorporate that either. Might not include elements of Mount Penglai. Though, I guess I could trade out the very obscure Kuninotokotachi for one of the Eight Immortals who lives on Mount Penglai.

Servant Database (v2.0)

Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries
    "If humanity faces peril then I shall once more answer the call, in this world or another. Hmm, my name Master? Ah, sorry, this old geezer has long forgotten such a thing. Still, I may be just a worn-out scrap of a centurion by now, but this spear can pierce even gods."

Servant Lancer:

Appearance:

True Name: Cassius Longinus/the Nameless God Slayer/Hero of Golgotha

Alignment: Neutral Good

Strength- D
    Agility- C+
    Endurance- EX
    Mana- B
    Luck- A++
    NP- EX

History
    Lancer is Cassius Longinus, a Roman Centurion venerated as a saint. According to legend he was the one chosen to pierce the side of Christ with a spear while he was on the cross to verify his death. When the Messiah's blood fell into his ailing eyes Longinus was immediately healed. Realizing Christ's divinity and besot with guilt over his act he collapsed in guilt, but consoling words from the savior steeled his resolve and inspired him to continue onward and atone by sharing the grace he received with others. Thus Longinus wandered the land, preaching the words of the fledgling messiah and performing miraculous feats of healing with the powers lent to him. His real fate has been forgotten by history, but he was either martyred by a Roman governor or died peacefully in his old age.

...Properly speaking, Lancer is not that man. He hails from the Lostbelt
    A Godslayer's Final Elegy
    Heretic Golgotha: Neverending Age Of Divine Tyranny
    . In his world the gods- realizing the death and rebirth of Christ was a turning-point in human history that'd lead to the obsolescence of the Age of Gods- banded together to avert such an outcome. Forging a grudging alliance between different pantheons they immediately acted to suppress mankind and keep the world in a perpetual Age of Gods. In Lancer's world, humanity perpetually lives in fear of the tyranny of the gods, demanding offerings so that their villages might be spared.

Most accept their fate and revere the gods, but one man refused. Imparted the last wish of a dying prophet who foresaw such an outcome and revolted against it, Longinus continued to live and fight, waging a one-man rebellion on the gods who sought to trap mankind in ignorance. Blessed by the blood of the Savior he did not age or die, and his spear claimed the life of countless gods, as he gradually became something more and more beyond human.

And in time, others came to follow him. Emboldened by the courage he showed they remembered their pride as humans and rallied behind him, joining the fight against divine tyranny. Even though Longinus was too singleminded on his mission to ever really think about such things, he undoubtedly became the spark that lit a bonfire of rebellion in mankind's hearts.

...Still he continues to fight. Even as his friends died, even as more gods replace the ones that fell, even as the prospect of liberating humanity seems to be an impossible task. Such was the oath Longinus swore to a certain man so long ago, to eradicate every single god that threatens mankind. Until that grim task is completed, he shall never put down his spear.

Personality
    If one word were to describe Lancer it would be "tired". He's tired of having to continue his endless fight, tired of being bound to the sole purpose that still animates him, tired of seeing so many die while he's unable to pass on himself. A weary man, his mannerisms and way of speaking give the impression of one whose already given up hope on seeing his struggles ever bear fruit. Yet beneath his disillusioned demeanor a remarkable fighting spirit blazes within Lancer, that was never once extinguished even after thousands of years fighting for an impossible cause. After all, whenever he considers giving up Lancer merely recalls the promise he swore to "that man" so long ago, and regains his will to trod ahead.

Lancer prefers to keep a certain distance from others, believing the duty of liberating mankind from the gods is his and his alone to bear. He's had enough seeing the young and brave go to their deaths in battles that could've been easily won had he been in their shoes. That said, if one does get the chance to grow close to Lancer one will find a brusque and casual individual who dislikes formality.

Having outlived hatred, outlived despair, he now greets his fate with cool acceptance, adopting almost a relaxed attitude to his neverending quest. He has no interest in being lauded for his achievements, saying that he's a not a hero but just "someone who hasn't given up yet". In his free time Lancer enjoys gardening, brewing wine (a task he claims to have some familiarity with, though the memories have gotten fuzzy with age) and practicing his spearmanship. Incidentally he can't actually get drunk (it's one of the "impurities" rejected by his first Noble Phantasm) but still enjoys the taste and sharing it with others as one of his few remaining pleasures.

Lancer gets along well with children, seeing in them a reminder of the innocent curiosity and potential of humanity he sought to protect. Around them he can show a sliver of the person he was once was, a kind man who just wants to see people smile, before being made to become a remorseless butcher of the divine.

Likes: a certain messiah, drinking, the laughter of children
    Dislikes: the Pagan gods, his endless fight, giving up
    Talents: gardening, preparing drinks, godslaying
    Natural Enemy: Enepsigos

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance- B++
    Confers protection against magical effects. At this rank, spells with a chant below three verses are cancelled. Even if targeted by Magecraft at the level of High Thaumaturgy or Greater Rituals, it is difficult for the Servant to be affected. Having been anointed in the blood of Christ Lancer obtains a naturally high protection against Pagan spells and mysteries. This has been further bolstered by his time spent travelling the world and slaying innumerable gods, familiarizing himself with their mysteries and how to best counter them. Needless to say, it offers no defense against sacraments drawing power from his own god.

Personal Skills:

Affection For The Beyond- A+
    Even when everything else fades away, the memory of a certain savior who whispered to Lancer in his darkest moment still continues to support his fight. By drawing on those memories unaccountable mental strength akin to the Bravery Skill at rank EX is displayed, letting Lancer endure all the trials that would erode his resolve on his endless quest.

Nameless God Slayer- N/A
    Having tossed aside even his own name, only the fact that he is one to slay gods persists to anchor Lancer's identity. Shrugging off any fame or reward for his accomplishments he merely continues to wander the earth, slaying any gods that threaten humanity. This Skill makes it impossible to discern Lancer's true name or parameters from his stat sheet, as well as obscuring his 'aura' as a Heroic Spirit. Indeed, to any observers he appears to be no more than a mundane, weary man lacking even the faintest glimmer of heroism or divinity. At least, until he begins to fight.

However towards entities of divine nature this Skill works the opposite way, imparting a powerful psychic effect that compels them to view him with terror and revulsion. Divine Spirits (or Servants with Divinity at rank C or higher) will instinctively perceive Lancer as an "absolute predator of the gods"- paralyzing weaker-filled foes with fear while potentially inducing even stronger ones to panic or make a mistake against him. This can be called a case of "one's reputation preceding them" as Lancer's bloodstained history against the divine manifests in a curse-like aura that strikes fear into such beings.

Since Lancer's very existence is synonymous with the act of godslaying, it is completely impossible for him to conceal his identity from any Divine Spirit, making this Skill something of a curse that clings to Lancer regardless of his own desires. Even so, he finds the openings it creates mostly useful to exploit in battle.

Charisma- D+
    Lancer's struggles became a beacon for other humans who wished to throw off the tyranny of the divine. Inspiring a legion of followers who view him as the symbol of their cause, his victories filling their hearts with hope that rebellion is possible. However Lancer himself never cared for things like fame or leading an army. He merely travels and fights as he always has, showing up on any battlefield where he's needed and then immediately leaving.

As such rather than the ability to command a military force this is more the Skill of one who indirectly inspires others through their efforts, rallying devoted followers without ever caring or acknowledging them. To Lancer, his fight is a lone one, and he can't accept the idea of others getting hurt or dying in a battle that should be his alone.

Instinct- A++
    As a centurion, Lancer fought ably even despite his blindness. Upon being healed by the blood of Christ Lancer regained his sight, but still kept the instincts that guided him so well in a world devoid of light. By feeling wind-movements in the air it becomes possible to fight and react completely in the absence of one's visual senses. This was skyrocketed to greater heights in his many battles against the Heretic Gods, where Lancer learned to familiarize himself and adapt to all kinds of combat-situations using only his instinct.

As a feint Lancer normally keeps his eyes closed during combat, relying solely on his instincts to perceive the battlefield around him and only opening them when faced by a truly formidable opponent. The combo of his vision augmented by his sharpened instincts results in a dramatic leap in power that can take foes offguard, as if he'd been fighting with one hand tied behind his back the entire time.

Noble Phantasms
    Cartaphilus
    Onward Centurion, Thy Purpose Is Yet Undone

Type: Support

A
    curse
    blessing
    imparted by the messiah in his last moments, entrusted to Lancer so he could carry out his final wish; liberating humanity from the tyrant gods. As a result of this boon Lancer's existence is permanently frozen in the "moment when he received the blood of Christ". Any damage will simply be rewound on a conceptual level to before the wound was inflicted; scars on flesh closing over, broken bones stitching together and even severed limbs miraculously reattaching. Even attacks on his mind and soul are nullified, letting Lancer retain his formidable mental strength even after an inhuman thousands of years of life.

However as seemingly invincible as it is this Noble Phantasm does have several key weaknesses. First is that while Lancer can heal from any attack he does still expend Mana as an external source of fuel to do so. If his Mana is exhausted Lancer can theoretically be reduced to a state where he's still alive but unable to reform.

Secondly as it's a blessing from the only god Lancer acknowledges this Noble Phantasm's power can be overturned by a divinity of comparable stature, allowing them to damage Lancer in a way he's partially or unable to undo. Further, Lancer is still susceptible to being knocked out, confused, imprisoned or anything else that could incapacitate without directly harming.

A final way to overcome this Noble Phantasm's effects is simply for Lancer's purpose to be fulfilled, that is; for the world to be free from the tyranny of the divine. In that case the wish fueling Lancer's eternal existence will at last fade away so he may live and die as a regular human. Thus Lancer somehow summoned in the proper human history would likely not possess this Noble Phantasm, as the world has already advanced to the Age of Man. By a technicality if he's put in a Reality Marble where no gods exist that will also count as fulfilling the wish temporarily, making it possible to kill Lancer.

Incidentally, this Noble Phantasm's name stems from the figure of the "Wandering Jew" whom Lancer was sometimes conflated with, one cursed to roam the earth forever as penance for mocking Christ in the Crucifixion.

Lancea Longini
    God-Butchering Holy Spear

Type: Anti-Unit/Variable (depending on the Authorities subsumed)

The spear Lancer used to pierce the side of a certain messiah in the 1st century. Baptized in the Savior's blood, the originally humble tool was sublimated to the level of a peerless Divine Construct. In the timeline of Lancer's Lostbelt the spear in his hands went on to taste the blood of countless divinities, singlehandedly staving back the full dominance of the Age of Gods.

As a Noble Phantasm it takes the form of a humble-looking Roman pilum with a cross-shaped guard. Despite countless eons of use it's immune to rust or tarnish, and seethes with a blasphemous divine aura. Normally only a normal spear, based on the legend of how it was sanctified by piercing Christ this Noble Phantasm gained the ability 'Theophagos' to absorb and mingle the divine Authorities of all the gods its killed into the blade.

Upon slaying a Divine Spirit with the spear Lancer can select one of their Authorities to draw into the blade, obtaining it as his own from then after. In the present of his Lostbelt Lancer has numerous abilities to draw from, including the thunder of Jupiter, the hellfire of Moloch and the lifegiving powers of Asherah. Lancer is also able to
    syncretize
    combine
    Authorities to unlock new and powerful effects. The main weakness of this Noble Phantasm (besides Lancer himself being only a human) is simply that he may lose track of all the Authorities he possesses or not know the best one to deal with a certain situation.

Even without dealing a lethal blow simply drawing blood from a Divine Spirit serves to "familiarize" the spear with their Authorities, intuitively giving Lancer insight into the best movements to counter them. It wouldn't be an exaggeration to call this Noble Phantasm the ideal weapon for facing down the divine.

Lancea Longini Testament
    Declaration Of Endings, Forwards To The New Era

Type: Anti-God/Anti-Era

The maximal potential of Lancer's holy spear which in the proper human history was once used to affix the Common Sense of Man over the Age of Gods. However as the world in Lancer's Lostbelt has stagnated into a perpetual Age of Gods, this Noble Phantasm's true nature has gone unrealized.

Perhaps if he were to realize it and under the correct conditions this Noble Phantasm could be released, becoming a "pillar of light that shines to the ends of the earth" to banish the vestiges of the Age of Gods and usher in the long-delayed Age of Man. At present though, that possibility is nothing more than a vague dream for even Lancer doesn't know how to unlock the spear's full power.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So bit of a blast from the past with this one. Longinus is the first Servant I ever made on this forum and I've toyed with the idea of a remake/alternate version for a while now. Thought I could do something interesting with how in the Nasuverse the Age of Gods ended around Jesus' death along with the hints about Lancea Longini being a World-Pillar. I used Gun-God/Godo as the FC both because it genuinely fit the image I had in mind (a laidback, weary older man with a ponytail) and a bit of a shoutout since he also used a weapon called "Longinus" and fought entities that could be considered gods in how much more powerful they were than humanity.

As usual comments and critiques would be appreciated. Thanks for reading y'all!

Blog Entries
    feels like a love child of captain america (not getting drunk through his powers received) and Gorr the God Butcher. I really like that guy and the concept of the LB sounds really cool, so I wanna see more!
    Or does this LB already exist? before starting here i read through all LB's in the thread, but could be i somehow forgot yours or skipped it.

Why did he not gain ranks in divinity? You said so yourself, he became beyond human and a rising rank in Divinity the more he kills and is stained in their blood just seems logical to me. But I guess you wanted to keep the human aspect of him more.

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    feels like a love child of captain america (not getting drunk through his powers received) and Gorr the God Butcher. I really like that guy and the concept of the LB sounds really cool, so I wanna see more!
    Or does this LB already exist? before starting here i read through all LB's in the thread, but could be i somehow forgot yours or skipped it.

Why did he not gain ranks in divinity? You said so yourself, he became beyond human and a rising rank in Divinity the more he kills and is stained in their blood just seems logical to me. But I guess you wanted to keep the human aspect of him more.
    Thanks man. I don't plan on writing out his Lostbelt in the main thread since I don't have that many more ideas for it behind a backdrop for Longinus himself. I considered giving him some variant of Divinity/Godly Divine Core based on that by slaying the gods and absorbing their essences into his spear he became equal to one himself, but decided it wasn't really necessary and as you said wanted to emphasize the human aspect of his legend more. Actually, I wonder if Ivan's Innocent Monster (Lost) could be fitting for him to reflect how he became one who wasn't a god himself but equal to them in the world of his Lostbelt...

Blog Entries
    i think of a weird case of Divinity, being feared by those of Divinity and revered by those who dont have it. He certainly has something, but idk what. Perhaps something like a Warrior Saint?

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    random roman centurion from the thirty-third year of our Lord: stabs a crucifixion victim to confirm that he is indeed dead and therefore does not need to be brutalized any more than he already has
    beast's lair's create-a-servant thread: gOd-BuTcHeRiNg HoLy SpEaR

like i get the pillar hints as the lance confirming the death of God (ie something that doesn't/shouldn't exist in the same vein as the ruyi jingu bang shit) but dial way way way way way wayback on the edge pls

re-remaster sheet when

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear Consensus View Post
    random roman centurion from the thirty-third year of our Lord: stabs a crucifixion victim to confirm that he is indeed dead and therefore does not need to be brutalized any more than he already has

like i get the pillar hints as the lance confirming the death of God (ie something that doesn't/shouldn't exist in the same vein as the ruyi jingu bang shit) but dial way way way way way wayback on the edge pls

re-remaster sheet when
    That's why it's a Lostbelt my man. Historical accuracy kinda' goes out the window when we're talking explicitly about an alternate history scenario. And while in reality the spear only verified Christ was really dead rather than killing him I think the cumulative misconceptions and distortions surrounding its legend (in Occultic circles, and especially Japanese media given the Fate franchise's origins) as the "spear that killed God" would be enough to ascribe some kind of Anti-Divine ability even for Longinus as a normal Heroic Spirit. Actually, if I were to rewrite a "proper history" Longinus sheet I'd probably give the spear some pseudo-Gae Bolg effect where once invoked it pierces the opponent's side but rewrites history to "confirm" they were already dead of unrelated causes by the time it struck. Would be suitably conceptual and Nasu-esque IMO.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear Consensus View Post

re-remaster sheet when
    Also, please use proper capitalization.

Servant Database (v2.0)

Upcoming Servant Sheets