Page 149 of 620 FirstFirst ... 4999139144147148149150151154159199249 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,980 of 12385

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    Regarding that. Should I make a post explaining the Variant Classes that can be linked in the compilation? Or should I just link those on my own posts?
    Possibly a blog. Also, make a blog of your Servants. I'm interested to see what you did before you blasted back onto the scene.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Top-Level Creator's Note
    71 sheets in, and I can't believe I've been completely neglecting one fundamental aspect of Fate lore... genderbending! Alas, ladies and gentlemen, that changes today!

Caster of the Royal Society
    -- England's Leonardo --

"Servant Caster, at your service! Rejoice, Master, for you have summoned the greatest mind of the 17th century! With my scientific brilliance at your disposal, even the Holy Grail is within our reach! Ufufu, do you know who I am yet? That's right! My True Name is- Wait, what!? NO, I'M NOT NEWTON, YOU DOLT! A-Ahem, the nerve, comparing me to that airhead! My name is Roberta! Not Robert, and especially not Newton!"

Source

"You've never heard of me? Seriously!? Ugh, that prick must've hogged all the spotlight again. I swear, that's just like him... That said, the fact that I'm standing here before you must mean that history still remembered me in some way. As much as I'd like to give him a stern talking-to the next time we meet, maybe I should thank him as well for his efforts. Heh, that absurd plan he proposed all those years ago managed to work out after all."

Class: Caster
    Other Classes: Faker

True Name: Robert(a) Hooke
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Origin: Britain (17th century)

Parameters:

STR: D
    END: C
    AGI: C
    MGI: B
    LCK: D
    NP: C++

Dislikes: Other people taking credit for her work, accusations of plagiarism, being underestimated, people getting her name wrong
    Talent: Natural observation and analysis, teaching, writing scientific papers
    Natural Enemy: Isaac Newton, Thomas Edison
    Armament: Book, magecraft
    Catalyst: A page from the Micrographia

Class Skills
    Territory Creation (C)

The Skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus, such as for the purpose of collecting mana. As a prominent member of Britain's esteemed Royal Society, Caster can create a large study hall for the purpose of holding classes or conducting her own experiments. To facilitate said experiments, this study hall is outfitted with several lab equipment built through Item Construction and reproductions of certain books from her own time.

"Of course, any good scientist must have an area to properly devote themselves to their studies! You can't just sleep below some random apple tree all day and expect a piece of universal wisdom to fall on your head or something like that! To come across such groundbreaking discovery by pure happenstance like that, why, that would be absurd! AHAHAHAhahaha...haha... grumble grumble"

Item Construction (D++)

The Skill to manufacture magical items, from implements of war to items for daily use. Initially, Caster can only manufacture a number of basic implements to facilitate her research. As she gains more understanding of her surroundings, however, it becomes possible for her to craft more complex items by synthesizing existing materials. This includes certain magical weapons and high-ranking mystic codes.

"Are you surprised to see me summoned as a Caster? A woman of science such as myself, summoned under the Class known for mages, witches, and warlocks? Well, it's no surprise to me. After all, what is it that truly differentiates one from the other? To me, both are two sides of the same coin. With enough research, even magecraft can become a part of science, once its principles are properly explained."

Personal Skills
    Hooke's Law (A)

One of Caster's greatest contributions to the world of science. This law states that the force (F) needed to extend or compress a spring by some distance (x) scales linearly with respect to that distance—that is, Fs = kx, where k is a constant factor characteristic of the spring (i.e., its stiffness), and x is small compared to the total possible deformation of the spring. It is said to be a precursor to both the laws of elasticity and Newton's third law of motion. This Skill allows Caster to form barriers capable of absorbing force and reflecting them back to their origin. By using more mana, she can increase the value of k in her barriers, doubling or even tripling the initial force before reflecting them. That said, similar to how a rubber band could snap if stretched with too much force, these barriers possess a set value of durability and may shatter if said value is surpassed within a single hit.

"See, I came up with that first! About a whole decade before Newton came up with his Principia Mathematica! And they say I'm the one plagiarizing his work!? It's just like those moments where people applauded your friend just because he said your joke but louder! The nerve!"

Scientific Insight (B+)

A composite Skill consisting of Inherent Insight and Expert of Many Specializations, particularly in the field of science. A natural prodigy, Caster made contributions in physics, biology, mathematics, chemistry, architecture, paleontology, and neurology. This Skill allows her to to grasp the essence of things. In the case of being used against Servants, should the luck check succeed, it will see through the truth, even one firmly concealed by means of magic or Noble Phantasms. This effect is further strengthened while her Noble Phantasm is active.

"I believe science is simply a matter of connecting one thing to another until you reach a satisfying conclusion. There are countless ways to do so, but as long as you follow the proper scientific methods, step by step, I'm sure you can accomplish anything you set your mind into... unless you're Newton. I swear, that hack just got bonked in the head one day and it's as if a lightbulb just went off in his head! Then he pretty much skipped everything until the last step, and got famous for it! Even I must acknowledge his genius, but- ugh, just how the bloody hell did that happen!?"

All Portraits Must Be Burned (Revisionism) (B)

In life, it is said that Caster was engaged in bitter rivalry with fellow scientist Sir Isaac Newton. She allegedly plagiarized some of his works, and the two frequently published slanderous accusations directed at each other. So great was Newton's enmity towards her that after her passing, he burned every letter, book, and portrait mentioning or depicting her in any way, as if trying to erase her entire existence. While a number of these books and letters were salvageable, none of her surviving portraits remain. Such is the extent of their bitter rivalry... or is it? There seems to be several questions left unanswered on the topic. For one, how did history remember Caster as a man named Robert Hooke? Furthermore, Newton himself even promoted some of her works posthumously, an action which contradicted his previous attempts to discredit her. Whatever the case may be, perhaps there's more to this rivalry than meets the eye...

This Skill works in a manner similar to Information Erasure, obscuring Caster's identity, parameters, abilities, and traces of her actions unless one has them recorded and makes an active effort to remember her. This erasure process spans a few hours, and even if one were able to piece together evidence of her existence, unless the previous measures (recording and remembering) are met, their minds will instead conjure the image of "Robert Hooke", a grumpy old man with an image wholly unlike Caster's own. As a Servant, this Skill is extremely useful, allowing her to operate under the radar and divert suspicion from herself. As a scientist who wishes to be acknowledged for her own efforts, however, this Skill is more akin to a curse.

"I know I should thank Newton for what he did, for crafting the idea of 'Robert Hooke', but now I feel as if I simply moved one step forward and two steps back... Oh well, ruminating over the past won't change anything. I'll just have to come up with something so great that the world will finally remember me for who I truly am! The same goes for you. As my lab assistant, you better not forget my name, you hear me!? The moment you call me 'Robert' or even worse, 'Newton', you're fired! Write it down with a permanent marker on the back of your hand or something!"

Pioneer of the Stars (EX)

A unique Skill given to heroes that became turning points in human history. All difficult voyages and challenges which are considered "impossible" turn into "events that can be realized". While Caster is not as well-known compared to her contemporaries such as Newton, Boyle, and Newcomen, it's undeniable that she influenced their works (to varying degrees) and stimulated growth in various other scientific fields. In that sense, even if she never quite came up with any universally groundbreaking discoveries, she planted ideas that would make way to numerous major scientific advancements, benefiting humanity as a whole.

"This is it; the only proof of my existence not tied to Newton or 'Robert Hooke'... Gender, status, and origin aside, the contributions I made speaks for themselves. Yet as much as I'm honored to be immortalized in this manner, well... many scientists were content in passing the torch to the next generation, knowing that their works would pave way to even more discoveries in the distant future. I can't say I entirely share the same sentiment. Even now, I'd like to continue looking for answers, conducting even more experiments, and unveiling even more mysteries of the world. At the end of the day, regardless of my title as professor, scientist, curator of experiments, and everything else, I'm just a selfish girl obsessed with finding out everything there is to know about the universe around us, and I'm proud to admit that!"

Noble Phantasm(s)
    Mystic Eyes of Phenomenological Observation and Dissection
    Micrographia

"The answer I'm looking for... I'll find it through this! Even the most complex designs, the most advanced lifeforms, and the most impenetrable armor... All of them can be dissected and analyzed, down to its smallest particles! No mystery can escape my sight! Micrographia!"

Type: Anti-Mystery
    Range: Anywhere within her field of vision
    Max Targets: -

Caster's most famous work. The first major publication of the Royal Society, and the first scientific best-seller. This book records Caster's observation of numerous different lifeforms through various lenses. It was the first book to include illustrations of insects and plants as seen through microscopes. It was also here that Caster coined the term "cell" as the most basic structure of biological objects. Not long after its initial publication, it inspired a large public interest in the new science of microscopy.

While Caster did possess latent magic circuits in life, these mystic eyes are not something she originally possessed. Rather, they are the sublimated essence of her greatest work, as well as a representation of her determination to "analyze the world down to its smallest details". There are two stages to this Noble Phantasm. The first stage, limited release of this Noble Phantasm is optimized for "observation". It allows her to enter a hyperfocused state of mind, marked by increased perception, concentration, thinking, and decision-making skills. Combined with Scientific Insight, it allows her to unveil secrets, discover weak points, recognize patterns, and so on. An extreme application of the principles of scientific observation, with effects bordering on clairvoyance. In certain cases, this allows Caster to imitate magecraft performed by others simply through observation alone.

The second stage of this Noble Phantasm is optimized to "dissecting" mystery. Once any supernatural phenomenon enters Caster's line of sight, their principles are infinitely dissected, erasing mystery and leaving only the mundane in their wake. This translates to various effects, such as cancelling certain spells, sealing certain Skills and Noble Phantasms, immobilizing beings possessing high mystery, and rapidly weakening them proportional to the amount of mystery they possess. More modern Heroic Spirits will receive little to no effect, while those originating from the earliest days of the Age of Gods will be rapidly depowered to the point of being almost no different from your average living human.

One of this Noble Phantasm's limitations lie in its range. While it encompasses everything within her field of vision, the moment a target leaves her line of sight, its effects are instantly nullified. One can also hide behind objects, obscure Caster's vision, or blind her eyes to achieve the same effect. Finally, using this Noble Phantasm for prolonged periods of time will also put a heavy strain on her eyes and mind.

Based on how the Micrographia became a well-known best-seller of its time, Caster can also bestow these mystic eyes to others, albeit these copies paling in comparison to the original.

Description
    Caster's True Name is Robert Hooke (in truth Roberta Hooke​), a British scientist, architect, polymath, professor, and a rival of Isaac Newton.

Initially, Caster presents herself as a straight-laced honors student and a strict professor. She's seemingly interested solely in her research, and she's incredibly self-centered on top of that, frequently gloating about her achievements and taking offense to those unfamiliar with her name. With such attitude, it's no wonder that many surviving documents described her as a talented genius, but also an unpleasant person to be around. Overall, she's the type of professor who would sternly scold you for coming late to class and mercilessly tears down the arguments written in your thesis for not meeting her standards. Outside her established study hall, she's also extremely socially awkward, as if she's completely clueless about life outside science. Yet for her, back then... was there anything else? At one point, she genuinely loved science; answering unanswerable questions and unveiling mysteries about the world. Yet as time went on, she became entangled with the politics, competition, and drama within the Royal Society; how her papers were rejected solely on account of her gender, how the people accused her of plagiarism, and how her position prevented her from performing the experiments she loved so much. Back then, these events drove Caster to become disillusioned by the scientific community as a whole, believing that only the best of the best could receive acknowledgement for their work, and even that is not enough; one must have the proper resources, connections, and privileges to truly attain fame as a scientist. Now unburdened by the problems she faced in life, Caster has seemingly regained her initial passion as a scientist. Even so, her perfectionist tendencies, strictness, uptight attitude, and the desire to get her work properly acknowledged still remains as a force of habit from her worst days. She tries to curb these tendencies, but more often than not, her attempts to "humanize" herself only ended up unsettling others. Imagine your strictest, most terrifying teacher inviting you to her office one day with the biggest smile on her face, before offering you tea and cookies. That's the kind of dissonant, horrifying aura she exudes in her attempts to "become more personable".

In public, Caster seemingly lacks presence. Even when others notice her, for some inexplicable reason, they tend to mistake her for Newton, claiming that "she just has that face", combined with her tendency to introduce herself as "Britain's greatest genius", a title more commonly associated with Newton. She's understandably irritated at this fact, and in every instance of that happening, she tends to completely drop her dignified teacher persona, adopt a comically thick British accent, and go on a long rant describing her achievements and how she's absolutely, completely different from Newton. Conversely, anyone who could get her name right on their first try would earn her eternal gratitude and respect.

On the topic of Caster's rivalry with Newton, she claims that the animosity between them were greatly exaggerated. The two were more akin to friendly rivals, and even if Caster does hate his guts, said hatred had nothing to do with the slanderous accusations they threw at each other. Rather, it simply stemmed from a fundamental difference in how they conduct their research. Caster believes that new ideas must be built upon existing principles, making her a stickler for every scientific method written in the book. Newton, on the contrary, takes a more carefree outlook on knowledge, frequently disregarding established rules in favor of what he believes to be more "interesting". Newton considers Caster's potential limited by her adherence to the rules, while Caster considers him to be wholly irresponsible and disorganized in his search for knowledge. Even so, as much as they frequently ridiculed each other, they seem to have mutual respect towards the other, even if said respect is expressed through a condescending, petty, or passive-aggressive manner.

Caster possesses no specific wish towards the Grail. She's content with a second chance to continue her studies, now unburdened by drama and politics. If anything, she wants to prove herself to be a better scientist than Newton once and for all, but she knows that such a thing can only be accomplished through her own efforts as opposed to something as "unscientific" as a Holy Grail.

Lore
    Roberta Hooke (1635-1703) was an English scientist, architect, and polymath, who, using a microscope, was the first to visualize a micro-organism.

From childhood, Hooke considered herself a prodigy. As a young girl, she was fascinated by observation, mechanical works, and drawing. One anecdote described how she dismantled a brass clock and built a wooden replica that reportedly worked "well enough". She also made her own drawing materials from coal, chalk, and ruddle (iron ore). In school, she easily mastered Latin and Greek, studied Hebrew some, mastered Euclid's Elements, learned to play the organ, and began her lifelong study of mechanics.

After her father died, Hooke inherited only 40 pounds and set out to pursue higher education. While no women could be accepted to Oxford at the time, she managed to find work as a member of the girl's choir in Christ Church. From there, she occasionally attended classes in secret, while working under more acclaimed experts such as Thomas Willis and Robert Boyle. Eventually, her papers attracted the interest of the newly-established Royal Society, who admitted her in 1661 on behalf of her mentors. It was here that Hooke could finally realize her ambitions to the fullest. With the community's resources and connections at her side, she dabbled in various fields including mechanics, biology, horology, astronomy, microscopy, paleontology, and more. Her greatest work, Micrographia, was published in 1665, and just one year later, her proposed architectural plans to rebuild London after the Great Fire further propelled her to fame.

Yet the more fame she accumulated, the more things began to change around her. Eventually, she was appointed as the Royal Society's Curator of Experiments. Here, her assignment is to approve other papers and experiments for testing. She never knew the basis of this sudden reassignment. Perhaps it was the result of some internal drama or political intrigue within the society, or she simply crossed the wrong people. Whatever it is, she considered this position to be a complete waste of her talent. After all, she'd rather work as a researcher on the field as opposed to taking care of paperwork. Things only got worse for her when several people came forward and accused her of taking credit for a number of papers she was supposed to approve. One of these people was Sir Isaac Newton, who accused her of plagiarizing the contents of his Principia Mathematica in one of her articles. This conflict was soon escalated further, and before long, the two began throwing slanderous articles at each other in their attempts to discredit the other as a fraud. This marked one of the largest recorded scandal within the Royal Society... or so the story goes.

In truth, Hooke and Newton managed to talk out their differences amicably. There were fundamental differences between the two, but the conflict never actually grew to be as massive as the history books depicted it. The two discussed Hooke's plight; how her position prevented her from doing the experiments she loved so much, and how everyone within the society actively tried to discredit her work out of envy or prejudice. To this, Newton proposed an absurd plan: "become the man known as Robert Hooke". While Newton could not change the minds of the entire community and reinstate Hooke's reputation as a researcher, at the very least, he could ensure that her research would be remembered in a more positive light... eventually. Believing that she had nothing else to lose, Hooke accepted the offer.

From then on, the two staged their conflict, purposefully aggravating it and spreading the drama. Even in her final days, Hooke was remembered as a zealous critic of Newton's work, and an enemy of both Newton and the Royal Society as a whole. Soon after her death, Newton carried out the next stage of their plan; a decades-long historical revisionism aimed to restore Hooke's reputation. He burned her portraits, not out of resentment, but to erase traces of the woman known as Roberta Hooke. The man named Robert Hooke took her place. After all, if being a man made it easier to get your work acknowledged, why not? Due to how rarely Hooke was seen outside her laboratory and office, this narrative unexpectedly worked well. Ever since he was appointed as President of the Royal Society in 1703, Newton also used his authority to endorse some of Hooke's research, clearing her name. His followers were ordered to carry on the plan for decades to come, until history finally recognized the name "Robert Hooke".

In the present day, Hooke is seen in a more positive light. While stories of his unpleasant attitude remain alongside with a small number of false accusations, he is considered a genius who spearheaded numerous scientific advancements, earning him the title of "England's Leonardo".

Relationships
    Robert Hubert:
    "So you're... I see. Well, if you're afraid to start another fire here, we'll just have to make this facility fireproof! Reactive measures are fine and all, but people oftentimes forget to take preventive measures first. Similarly, finding a scapegoat and sentencing someone to hang for the fire is less important compared to ensuring that such tragedy would never happen again. You have my deepest sympathies."

Sigmund Freud, Franz Anton Mesmer:
    "The human mind is a field I've neglected in my studies, aside from that one scientific model I made about human memory. Now you're telling me there's an entire field of study dedicated to the mind? Oh my, it seems I've missed quite a lot of things in my absence. Well, no time like the present to start learning!"

Leonardo da Vinci:
    "Ah, you must be the Renaissance Man- er, woman? Herself! I-It's such an honor to work with you! Um, I hope I can measure up to your standards, and may this partnership prove- huh? What's that? I'm too serious? Bloody hell, I did it again..."

Laplace's Demon:
    "The manifestation of 'observation' itself... I have a hypothesis I'd like to test. If I give you my Anti-Mystery mystic eyes, combined with your capability for universal observation, hmm... I suppose we should test this hypothesis in a more... peculiar environment. Wait here, I'll ask Ms. Da Vinci for the rayshift permit."

Nikola Tesla, B.F. Skinner, John Logie Baird, Ben Jonson:
    "To have your life's work overshadowed by another so-called 'genius' for things outside your control, dooming you to a permanent 'second place' in society's collective unconscious... That's something I can sympathize with. Perhaps we can drink away our sorrows together when the time permits it."

Thomas Edison:
    "Someone who takes credit for other people's work. Scum. The lowest of the low. Die."

Fundamental Interactions:
    "This is probably a pretty big request for me to ask you, but could you, er, how should I say this... add me as a 14th seal in your Noble Phantasm? Or just namedrop me a bit maybe? That'd give me an edge over Newton, and- A-Ahem, I mean-! How impudent of me. My apologies, forget I asked. Though if by some chance you decided to take up that request, I'd be extremely honored, yes, but I'm totally not freaking out over this, no sir, so don't feel pressured about this request either, ahaha."

Thomas Willis, Robert Boyle:
    "FOR THE LAST TIME, I'M NOT NEW- Ah, it's you, teacher. Apologies you had to see that, force of habit. Well, that aside, I'm honored to receive another chance to work with you. Regarding our last experiment back then, there was this one part that I feel could use more elaboration, namely on..."

Isaac Newton:
    "Oh my, you look as messy and disorganized as ever! That's just like you! What's that? You only got two hours of sleep last night due to your research? W-Well, I only slept for one hour! How about that!?"

Creator's Notes/Fun Facts
    - If there's one thing I don't like about Fate genderbends, it's that some of them were genderbent solely for the sake of genderbending. Artoria, who got a considerable part of her lore reimagined to fit her gender? Amazing. Da Vinci, who willingly chose to be summoned as the Mona Lisa as a representation of his "ideal beauty"? A creative take, I like it. Drake, who was "so manly that she got recorded as a man"? That's kind of stretching it, but ok. Jing Ke, who's genderbent with pretty much no explanation or justification whatsoever? Yeah, no.

- In Hooke's case, I read the part where Newton burned all his portraits to the point there's not a single indication on what he looks like, and I just went "Oh yeah, I can work with this". Hopefully the justification for genderbending him works well enough.

- The Faker-Class is an Alter of sorts, where she instead embraces the false accusations and presents herself as the "true" Newton. There, she'd have Newton's Principia as another NP (Albeit a nerfed version of it since it's ultimately not hers), and Micrographia is more optimized for "copying" instead of observing and analyzing.

- I doubt I'd write Newton anytime soon, if ever, but from the way I described him, and to tie in with the fc, he's basically just Okabe with less chuuni. Then again, since he dabbled in occultism, pseudosciences, and conspiracy theories in his later years, maybe him being chuuni is not such a far-fetched idea after all...
    Last edited by BnEl15; April 27th, 2021 at 10:05 AM.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    today i learned: Jing Ke was genderbent, never knew
    This is a genderbent i can get behind, it is not for the mere sake of it, but has an interesting story background that adds a nice touch without it being the focal point of her character. The dynamic with Newton would be interesting to see tho.

and something something burned and no relationship with Kafka? Smh

overall a cool sheet, like always
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Roberta Hooke: Quite well done i must say but as you said she can use Magecraft also as weapon how can she fight if she should be forced into a fight ?

Also i am honestly be curious what she would think of my THales ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    today i learned: Jing Ke was genderbent, never knew
    This is a genderbent i can get behind, it is not for the mere sake of it, but has an interesting story background that adds a nice touch without it being the focal point of her character. The dynamic with Newton would be interesting to see tho.

and something something burned and no relationship with Kafka? Smh

overall a cool sheet, like always
    Also we have talked About the Extra classess was were again your oppinion About my Remainer class Delrey ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    Roberta Hooke: Quite well done i must say but as you said she can use Magecraft also as weapon how can she fight if she should be forced into a fight ?

Also i am honestly be curious what she would think of my THales ?
    I imagine she fights in a manner similar to Archimedes in the Extella series, using various tools representing different aspects of her scientific contributions. These tools include lenses and refracting beams (optics), cranes and battering rams (engineering and architecture), barriers from Hooke's Law (physics), pheromone concoctions that swarm the target with insects (chemistry and biology), and more.

Regarding her relationship to Thales, she respects him as a fellow scientist and shares his curiosity and passion towards seeking knowledge. However, his absent-mindedness occasionally reminds her of Newton, which leads to her doubting "Is he really that legendary genius from Miletus?".
    Last edited by BnEl15; April 26th, 2021 at 10:52 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    I imagine she fights in a manner similar to Archimedes in the Extella series, using various tools representing different aspects of her scientific contributions. These tools include lenses and refracting beams (optics), cranes and battering rams (engineering and architecture), barriers from Hooke's Law (physics), pheromone concoctions that swarm the target with insects (chemistry and biology), and more.

Regarding her relationship to Thales, she respects him as a fellow scientist and shares his curiosity and passion towards seeking knowledge. However, his absent-mindedness occasionally reminds her of Newton, which leads to her doubting "Is he really that legendary genius from Miletus?".
    Thanks and i would be curious how she would see him after they had a good conversation ,as in a Chaldea Setting would she try to participate if he should mix some Cocktails ? and what would she think if she find him during he observe a River and react when he say "I got it !" and when she ask what in that he can discern the movement pattern of the Water ?

Also how would she think of my Hippocrates ?
    and i am curious what did you thinko f my Lucifer in the contest ?

A.K.A. Rick, apparently realcasually's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Absolutely top notch stuff. I agree with you on the point of "Genderbends are more interesting when there's a reason for them" (might have something to do with the Faker I'm working on) and this is definitely a fascinating addition to the pantheon of genderbends that make the concept work. Although...

- I doubt I'd write Newton anytime soon, if ever, but from the way I described him, and to tie in with the fc, he's basically just Okabe with less chuuni. Then again, since he dabbled in occultism, pseudosciences, and conspiracy theories in his later years, maybe him being chuuni is not such a far-fetched idea after all...[/SPOILER]

Don't tempt me. I beg of you. It's not like I didn't already HAVE a Newton concept lying around here somewhere...

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by realcasually View Post
    Don't tempt me. I beg of you. It's not like I didn't already HAVE a Newton concept lying around here somewhere...

Also, real shit? That Kurisu FC was already gonna murder me, you didn't had to go all out and create an actual AMAZING servant to boot. I surrender, okay? I give up. Just kill me already.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

Blog Entries
    Dont kill WF, she will die when she is killed

speaking of WF, i have a question about goddesses and gods

When gods are still alive in the Age of Gods, they have their Divine Core, right? What is divine essence then? The same? I saw that term be thrown around in older sheets of deities. The more essence the stronger a god? is it comparable to amount of authority?

University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    Dont kill WF, she will die when she is killed

speaking of WF, i have a question about goddesses and gods

When gods are still alive in the Age of Gods, they have their Divine Core, right? What is divine essence then? The same? I saw that term be thrown around in older sheets of deities. The more essence the stronger a god? is it comparable to amount of authority?
    1.yes

2. i think something similar something like a Portion of the Deity , like in some sense their Energy a part of them like example wise when a character has obtained or given a bit of Energy /Essen ce ,

3. Actually i think its that when example wise a God is summoned as Servant the essence could be equaled with Divinity . i think Authority could have do something like the similar their Amoun t of Divine Essence is the more easily they can draw upon their Divine Authorities .

Blog Entries
    Roberta Hooke: Hali has extended an invitation to tea. Will you accept?
    I'm into it. Using the destruction of portraits to further push the bend further was a nice choice. Adding in some minor gender politics of the time and going for the "secret friends" angle also hits a niche for me, so more points to storytelling. I don't think Pioneer would be EX, but maybe A or B+ at the least due to the... I suppose 'lack of presence' is a good way to describe it. Also, you realize Newton has to be Okabe if you ever do him now, right?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Morg van Destro View Post
    Also, you realize Newton has to be Okabe if you ever do him now, right?
    I'm actually quite proud of my Newton's FC... I'll have to get working on him when I'm done with this Faker. I've never used so many collapse tags.

Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone, glad you like her.

@Realcasually: Yess, do it, chuuni mad scientist Newton is an image you can never unsee now. Seriously though, Newton is one of those big names I most likely wouldn't do just cuz' I'm not sure I can do him justice. I'm not that big on physics and math either, so I don't think I can come up with an interesting NP aside from the obvious gravity/apple-based one. He's still an interesting figure though, and I've only seen one version of him posted in the older thread, so I look forward to seeing your take on him.

@Morg: Iirc I read somewhere in the mats that Pioneer of the Stars can only be ranked EX for some reason. Canon examples seem to support this, maybe cuz' it's a measure of whether their discoveries/inventions did or did not become a turning point in history, as opposed to how significant they are. I might be mistaken though, in which case, yeah, she'd have it at around rank A or B as you said. On another note, yes, she'd accept Hali's invitation. Semi-forgettable sisters unite!
    Last edited by BnEl15; April 26th, 2021 at 11:19 PM.

Darkened Misty Metropolis Lambda-Nu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So, here’s a question; if you were designing a Noble Phantasm that uses Gae Bolg-type shenanigans to ensure that the effect of “catching one’s prey”, how would you make it work?
    The joys of being a Mommy

Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Complete.

Servant Database (v2.0)

CHALDEA SECURITY ORGANIZATION: AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    Singularity / Lostbelt Database

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm not that big on physics and math either, so I don't think I can come up with an interesting NP aside from the obvious gravity/apple-based one.
    Extremely bold of you to assume that A) I am and B) that isn't exactly what I'm doing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambda-Nu View Post
    So, here’s a question; if you were designing a Noble Phantasm that uses Gae Bolg-type shenanigans to ensure that the effect of “catching one’s prey”, how would you make it work?
    Depends on the weapon, how you want it to work, and possibly even the Class. Are you willing to give any specifics, or are we supposed to just hurl ideas at you?

Darkened Misty Metropolis Lambda-Nu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Morg van Destro View Post
    Depends on the weapon, how you want it to work, and possibly even the Class. Are you willing to give any specifics, or are we supposed to just hurl ideas at you?
    I am trying to rework my Alter Ego Hachiko and I want to give it an NP that reflects how one of his components is Laelaps, a dog that was destined to always catch her prey.
    The joys of being a Mommy

Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Complete.

Servant Database (v2.0)

CHALDEA SECURITY ORGANIZATION: AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    Singularity / Lostbelt Database

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries
    Let's see, I'm purely talking out of my ass here, but maybe once a target is designated as his prey, "Laelaps catching them" is established as a foregone conclusion, instantly immobilizing the enemy and inflicting damage akin to being caught by a hunter, like maybe bite marks and extreme fatigue, as if the chase already happened. This effect can only be avoided by those possessing similar causality-altering NPs such as Laelaps' prey in the original legend, or someone with the conceptual ability to "escape" things (I imagine someone like Houdini might be able to do that).

Blog Entries
    I'd go with it acting more akin to creating a forgone conclusion of "no matter what happens, he will always catch his prey", meaning the world literally bends to make this outcome a reality. If Hachiko makes the choice to chase after someone, events transpire to make it happen. It can act somewhat like an immortality power in that, since Hachiko can't catch someone if he dies, he will be able to escape anything life-threatening so long as he's chasing after someone. In a case like the one in Laelap's legend, I think Hachiko would keep chasing them, leaving them in a paradox only his target could break as they can't kill Hachiko so long as he's chasing them and Hachiko can't catch them so long as they keep defying the causality allowing him to catch them. Also, once they have been "caught", the effect, of course, wears off, but now they're in the position that they have to fight him because escape will just begin another chase.

Blog Entries
    If it is just laelaps ur ideas make sense, but i feel like because he is part of Hachiko, the dog who waited, i would go from that angle and make it a somewhat passive NP that turns fate so that the prey will always somehow end up close to him. Imagine the victim running away and after every corner Hachiko just waits for him.
    Honestly this approach reminds me of the Hounds of Tindalos from HPL that can travel through the corners of space. Using them as an aspect could explain it. Pray runs away, Hachiko just walks few steps through space and ends up close where the opponent will end up with.
    It would be kinda comical, but the old faceclaim allows lighthearted approaches.
    (If u take the tindalos dogs, a low rank of the existence foreigner skill is enough, this shouldnt make him a Foreigner)

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.