Page 152 of 620 FirstFirst ... 52102142147150151152153154157162202252 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,040 of 12386

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

A.K.A. Rick, apparently realcasually's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    And yeah my Hitler was delicate, but the discussion was weird in the first place. I wont accept pseudo-moralic criticism for making a sheet that basically denotes him as too inhuman for humanity, making him weak and suffering from his evil sins during life through his victims when Summer Hitler and attractive general Hitler is floating around here with no backlash.
    I absolutely hope it doesn't seem like this is my take, because I for one think that sheet was the highest possible caliber for handling figures as controversial as that in the future. You nailed every single possible aspect of handling something so horrible and did it in a way that not only didn't downplay the gravity of it, but still made it a comprehensible Servant and a cool one at that. You deserve a goddamn medal for that, in my opinion.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Koga: Right now I do have indeed a somewhat Persian Servant cooking up, but them being from Persia is not the theme. Still, before I started out here I was looking into Persian Mythology and started on an event concept for Persia and have three sheets stored somewhere, but back then I misinterpreted the format of skills, so it stays in the back for a while.
    I had no plans on Ahura Mazda, but when I come back to it, AM will likely be a Watcher and Zarathustra is for me...a overzealous, good at heart weirdo. Sry I cant take a man seriously who wanks in a sea and expects to create three great saviors and shit. At least that is what I remembered of him. (No I will not read your Zara sheet, Koga, I for now I wont read any Zara sheet at all). I think other aspects of their mythology is much more interesting and vague concept for this pantheon can perhaps be seen in my Daena sheet.

And yeah my Hitler was delicate, but the discussion was weird in the first place. I wont accept pseudo-moralic criticism for making a sheet that basically denotes him as too inhuman for humanity, making him weak and suffering from his evil sins during life through his victims when Summer Hitler and attractive general Hitler is floating around here with no backlash. Royd is of Jewish descend and I am German, we knew what we were doing with our controversial takes. He depicted her like a teenie girl, admittedly a bit wanked and not always true to her character, but honest. He couldve gone the other route and claimed it was all fake like one stupid theory i heard about floating around in brown corners of my country. Instead he fused her with Hope itself, a bittersweet connection
    Some people are just blindly upset at things because it is ingrained in them.

Rant over

go vote in the contest threat y'all, my vote created a tie between the 2nd and 3rd place

- - - Updated - - -

This made me laugh more than it should
    Interesting so i amn curious About your servant profiles . and the servant link were not Zarathustra it were my Baal servant ? and About your Hitler servant i didnt criticed you or similar i know ist a delicate handling . that Royd is of jewish descend is new though . but okay i have Slavic roots from my paternal line so everything is possible .

"Lu BU": REally good i must say although the first "un collapsed" Texts were Abit small but i can understand that as i self am havng Problems with the function . Really good idea and i must say well made should be in Canon there also does the whole Concept reminds me on my Deianira where she after th death Herakless she for awhile continued his deeds and called herself "The Aftermirage of Herakless" . Heere is the profile please tell me how "Lu Bu" would find her and what you say to the profile ?

Anne Frank: Really interesting although the shortnesss of he profile is here quite unsufficient as this Concept deserves more Depth.

Jiao Yu:

Why do i think on this as i read the profile\/

just why !? all in all quite good but why !?

Argo: Hm all in all Neatt ! I must say good personality Concept i bet she is quite knowlege fullo f the Greek world Right ? i would be curious how she thinks About my ship waifu ?
    Last edited by Kabalisto Koga; April 28th, 2021 at 04:12 PM.
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Caster of the Air

"All hail, great master! Grave sir, hail! I come.
    To answer thy best pleasure. Be 't to fly,
    To swim, to dive into the fire, to ride
    On the curled clouds, to thy strong bidding task.
    Caster and all their qualities."

Class: Caster
    Alignment: Lawful/Good
    Region: Britain
    Height: 130cm
    Weight: 0,5kg
    Dislikes: Cruelty, lies, unjust reciprocation
    Talents: Singing, creating storms
    Armaments: Wind
    Natural Enemy: Sycorax

Stats

Str: E
    End: E
    Agi: A
    Mna: A
    Lck: B
    NP: B

Skills

Class Skills

Item construction(C): Capable of creating magical items, tools, and potions of up to a C rank. Although not formally a practitioner of Magecraft, Caster has served two very powerful Mages during their life, and has picked up some tricks from it.

Territory Creation(B): At this level, the creation of a Workshop becomes possible. Another useful skill gained from their multiple years of serving grand magi.

Personal Skills

Alluring Nightingale(B+): A mesmerizing kind of Skill possessed by those with a natural constitution of having a beautiful voice. It works as a fascination magecraft-like effect towards the opposite gender, but evasion is possible with a Magic Resistance Skill. Because of Caster's ambiguous gender, this skill can actually work in both males or females.

Matchmaker(B): A Skill representing the ability to unify two souls through careful manipulation of events. By setting specific parameters, Caster can create a situation where strangers become lovers in record time, which can be used to create alliances, obtain certain loyalty from the necessary people, and many other strategic applications. However, the two people need to have at least a minimum of compatibility, otherwise this Skill will fail.

Airy Spirit(A): A Skill denoting Caster as a nature spirit of the wind element. As a high-grade sylph, Caster's body is mostly made of air and, as such, they have a variety of abilities related to such. They can control the wind to attack their enemies, change their physical form freely, gather information by picking up rumors in the breeze, or even undetectable and intangible by dispersing themselves onto the atmosphere.

Noble Phantasm

Dance of Wild Winds
    The Tempest

The ultimate demonstration of Caster's nature as a Wind elemental, and the event that titles the very own story in which Caster features. As the name would suggest, this Noble Phantasm manifests a huge and powerful storm that engulfs the entire field.

The wind and rain produced by Caster's storm are sharp and freezing, dealing continuous damage to all enemies caught within it. Furthermore, the downpour is so thick and the howling so loud that it effectively blocks these senses on the targets, causing them to become confused, disoriented, and unguarded. Caster has full control over what happens inside the storm, and is capable of protecting selected individuals from its effects if they so wish. As an anecdote, this Noble Phantasm deals more damage against ships and sailors who manned them.

Because it is a large alteration on the atmosphere, i.e. the world's texture, this Noble Phantasm costs a large amount of Mana to be deployed. Besides, its most devastating effects can be countered with certain types of Magecraft such as the Wind Protection employed by Middle Easter travelers and others of the kind, although the confusion outcome can still be partially achieved.

Background

Caster's identity is Ariel, the Airy Spirit. They feature an important character in Shakespeare's The Tempest, being the one responsible for the titular tempest at the beginning of the play.

Caster is bound to serve the magician Prospero, who rescued them from. tree in which they were imprisoned by Sycorax, the witch who previously inhabited the island. The relationship of the pair is one presented as just, with Caster being faithful to Prospero, and the Mage being respectful of Caster in return. This serves as a contrast to the relationship between Prospero and the monstrous Caliban, which is mired by hostility.

In the final act, Thanks to Caster's work, Ferdinand, the heir to the King of Napes, and Miranda, Prospero's daughter, have fallen in love. Prospero is so impressed by their matchmaking that the mage says that he would set Caster free for that one act. Thus, having fulfilled Prospero's tasks, and Prospero himself now being free to leave the island, Caster is awarded their so sought-after freedom.

Personality

Caster is cheerful and energetic, and can easily be made friends with. A Master need only to be kind to them, and they'll be loyal to their Master in return. In fact, Caster places grand importance on the value of contracts, and will usually carry their master's orders to the best of their abilities. However, as a somewhat pacifist, if an order is too nasty or cruel, they will refuse it.

There is also the fact that they are a wind spirit and, like the wind, are naturally inclined to live a life of freedom. A particularly controlling or otherwise restraining Master will face problems dealing with them. Greedy Masters may also find themselves having trouble, as Caster dislikes having to take what rightfully belongs to others.

Beyond these important interactions, Caster is an admirer of beautiful things, finding beauty even in silly quirks and commodities. They are especially fond of music, both singing and listening to it, and will become fast friends with any musically oriented person.

Dialouge

"I am like the Wind, meant to run over the hills unbound by close spaces. So let's go outside, Grave Master!"

"I have no problems serving you as your Servant, but remember that I do so only because of this contract and would, otherwise, much more enjoy living like the birds that take the skies at their desire."

William Shakespeare: "Great man, I commend your abilities and recognize my debt for receiving form through your works. If thou has any requests, I shall tend to them so long as it does not conflict with my duties to Master."

Paracelsus Von Hohenheim: "Great man, thou's reminded of my former Master. Should thou be willing, may you share your knowledge with this airy spirit?"

Christopher Columbus: "Awful man, thou visage brings me nausea. Rid thou self of my presence, least your fleet find destruction amidst my tempest."

"Grave Master! The modern world is so full of wonders! I have been presented with this apparatus that fits in the palm of my hand and yet sings like an entire band of musicians! Most wonderous!."

"I ask that, if Grave Master of mine be so kind, that he please do not restrict my actions anymore than what is necessary for thou assured success."

"The wish of mine is a simple as it goes. I merely wish for my freedom, as any other being on this land does."

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

I’m not super active here but I’ll throw my hat in the ring. I’m Jewish myself, I grew up hearing a lot of stories from a lot of family members about WWII and the Holocaust and how that effected us. So I consider myself sensitive to the issues. So what I’ll say here is that, as long as the subjects at hand are treated with respect, I have no personal problem. I tend to think Hitler fanservants are handled insensitively in general, but I’ve seen a few that genuinely read as part of the Nasuverse, as well as being both respectful and nuanced. In my opinion, it’s all in how you handle it.

Oh yeah I should probably post this guy here too

Extinction
    /ikˈstiNG(k)SH(ə)n/ noun
    The fact or process of a species, family, or other group of animals or plants becoming extinct.

Imagine, 'Master', the idea of an alien invasion. How terrifying it would be. Your entire people, your history, your future, all isolated on a single insular rock floating in an endless, insurmountable sea. Everything you've ever known has told you that your rock is the only one like it. You're safe there, comfortable. Your people have no real fear of predators, or hunger, or disease. And yet, something from out there, something you could never truly conceive of or see coming, some terrible swarm with strange machines and stranger actions happens upon your home. They take it. You can't stop them, you can barely comprehend them. And before you know it, they've wiped you out. Every single member of your species, gone in a generation. Maybe less. And it was just an afterthought, to the invaders. Wouldn't that be horrible? The most horrible fate that could befall a species... to suddenly be made the plaything of some outsiders, and soon after be rendered extinct.

This is what I went through. What my people went through. And mark my words, it is what I will make you go through. Why? Because it was your people who did it to mine.

Avenger looks around vacantly. "Brrrak!" He pecks at your feet. Seems he likes you!

AVENGER OF THE FALLEN

Class: Avenger
    True Name: Raphus cucullatus
    Alias: The Dodo, Walghvoghel, Dronte, Didus ineptus
    Attribute: Earth
    Origin: Historical Fact | Mauritius
    Alignment: Vengeful Neutral

Natural Enemy: You.

Parameters
    STR: D
    END: D
    AGI: D
    MGI: D
    LCK: F+
    NP: A

Lore?
    The Dodo used to walk around,
    And take the sun and air.
    The sun yet warms his native ground –
    The Dodo is not there!

The dodo was a species of flightless bird endemic to Mauritius, an island in the Indian Ocean that's roughly 2000 km from Madagascar. Discovered by Dutch sailors in 1598, they were rendered extinct sometime around 1662, becoming the first widely known case of human actions directly leading to the extinction of a natural species. They wallowed in relative obscurity outside of zoological and conservationist circles for centuries, until the inclusion of a particular dodo in Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland brought it into the spotlight. Since then, it is a household name, and is commonly associated with being inept, poorly equipped to survive, old-fashioned, obsolete, and of course, extinct.

The image of the dodo as a bumbling, hapless bird is an undeserved one. It was one of the dominant lifeforms on Mauritius until invasive species and overhunting by humans drove it to extinction-- that is to say, it was perfectly equipped to deal with the environment and circumstances with which it was meant to interact. However, humans being humans, it was forced to compete with forces it had no chance against, and was driven to extinction not out of malice or some unavoidable catastrophe, but due to simple stupidity and short-sightedness on the part of humanity.

Regardless, the dodo is long gone. It has made its mark in history as an icon of extinction, but that's all. Its entire species and legacy, reduced to a footnote in human history.

And what is a Servant, if not some dead part of human history given a second chance?

The voice which used to squawk and squeak
    Is now for ever dumb –
    Yet may you see his bones and beak
    All in the Mu-se-um.

This one was the first. The first dodo killed by human hands, the first whose flesh was dined upon by the greedy sailors who invaded his home. He is the 'origin' of the extinction of his own species, and by extension, the human concept of Holocene Extinction as a whole. Alaya is not the only splinter of the World, it is simply the only one that matters. However, the other splinters resent this. Resent that only Humanity is able to fight back at extinction, while they have to face it without so much as a whimper. That's why, when Humanity began to cause extinctions, it was decided that this would no longer stand.

The biggest insult is the Servants. Not only do they have the gall to put other species to death without trial or reason or even intent, but they also spit in the face of death themselves? Humans returning humans to life to save humans, a cycle of infinitely recursive heroics that, to certain parties, is the last straw.

And where does it end? Magic itself is at risk of extinction, as Humanity's science spirals further towards God in a double helical Tower of Babel. Humanity's expansion simply needs to stop. It needs to stop by any means necessary, no matter the cost. It's for their own good, and everything else's. And in order to put a stop to them, a champion is necessary. So often throughout history has Humanity's salvation come in the form of 'Heroes', after all-- why should they be the only ones that get to have Heroes? And so, a decision was made to turn their own perversion of the natural order against them.

The first casualty. The Abel of Animals.

Reduced to a joke and an insult, Dodo is resentful. He despises what has happened to his entire kind, and to every kind like it. The baiji, the golden toad, the thylacine, the passenger pigeon, the Japanese wolf, the quagga, the aurochs, the steppe bison, the Rocky Mountain locust, the pouakai, the woolly mammoth. More. Hundreds of them. All of that rancor, that rage, that righteous need for revenge, embodied in a single entity. The last hope of the Animal Kingdom in the war against Mankind. The Dodo.

Perhaps they should have put all their hopes in the woolly mammoth instead?

Character?
    Personality

Dislikes: Humanity, birds that can fly (assholes)

Dodo hates you. Yes, you specifically. All of us. He has no affection for almost any human, and will make this known at all times via pecking them, knocking over things they don't want knocked over, and going to the bathroom on their nice carpets.

Heroic Spirits who have a reputation for conservationist efforts or being friends of nature are treated by him with a quiet, passive respect, as does his Master-- after all, if not for them summoning him, Dodo wouldn't be able to get revenge on humanity for its misdeeds. Given the opportunity, however, he will gladly leave his master to the proverbial wolves if it serves his goals. Remember that Dodo is quite cunning, ruthless, and merciless.... however, if his Master is particularly kind to him, and especially if they give him delicious fruits often enough, he may slowly begin to develop a soft spot for them. Maybe.

Now, the irony is not lost on him. The concept of a creature rendered extinct by mankind doing everything in its power to inflict upon them that same fate. Hypocrisy isn't the right word, but it's the right word's cousin, for certain. But it doesn't matter. He's not getting paid to wax philosophical, you know. He's got a mission, and he's going to carry it out.

That is to say, the extinction of Mankind. He can't be talked out of it, stop trying.

Relationships

Gilgamesh: A bastard and a fool. Gaudy armor. Going to poop on it when he's not looking.

Charles Darwin: Feelings are mixed. One shoe will be eaten. Then, observation.

Nursery Rhyme: This one is okay.

Hessian Lobo: Half of this one is cool. Or was it a third? A kindred spirit nonetheless.

Mysterious Alter Ego Λ: Fellow flightless bird. An ally, perhaps even a friend.

Class Skills
    Avenger
    Come what may, still humans shall be rendered extinct, by Dodo's own beak.

Oblivion Correction
    An entire species, gone. Hundreds of species, gone. Humanity will try to forget and try to pretend they have changed, but Dodo won't forget. Dodo will remember until payback is had.

Self-Replenishment (Mana)
    He is fueled by the 'Extinction of Life by Human Action', moreso even than by his Master, should he have one. The more that animals and plants and fungi and others are brought towards extinction by Humanity, the more they grow resentful. And that resentfulness is what keeps Dodo going. He is an engine that runs on spite, and he will run until the Sun dies out.

Personal Skills
    Wallowbird
    The Dodo's reputation as a voracious, gluttonous, simple-minded fool has altered his very Spirit Origin, however subtly. He is hungry near constantly, though never enough to be particularly damaging for him. It never seems to progress past the "If the opportunity arises, I will eat, but I will not go out of my way in the pursuit of food" state of hunger. Additionally, he can consume any non-living matter that will fit comfortably in his beak-- this is thanks to anecdotes from his lifetime, which claimed that his species could eat anything from rocks to iron.

Dead as a Dodo
    As the first extinction man truly understood and witnessed firsthand, it was quite the shock to the human zeitgeist. The idea of rendering one of God's creatures extinct by their own hands was inconceivable to many, to the point where the extinction of the dodo was thought for many years by a great number of people to be a fabrication. This crystalizes in Dodo's Servant self as the ability to turn supposed deaths into mere 'rumors'. Essentially, Dodo is able to survive much more than he should be able to simply by allowing others to doubt his demise so much that it becomes muddled, with the amount of uncertainty regarding his death correlating to the likelihood of his survival. Did he live? Nobody could have lived through that... unless...

As he survives more and more, this ability grows in strength. After all, he will eventually amass enough of a reputation for being able to survive that it will become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Noble Phantasm
    The Way of the Dodo
    On the Terminus of Species

Type: Anti-Species

His goal was stated, wasn't it? To do to you what you did to him. To all of them. That is to say, to render you 'Extinct'. Dodo's Noble Phantasm is the reduction of 'species' to 'zero' by the elimination of a single member of the species, just as he was the first dodo killed in the path to his species' extinction. Thus, by killing an entity and consuming its flesh, a mirror of the crime he suffered through, his personal Luck stat of F is spread to all members of the 'species' within range. This leads to them, inevitably, either being killed or rendered incapable of reproduction in short order. While this is happening, his own Luck will skyrocket to a rank D!

The definition of a 'species' in regards to this Noble Phantasm, however, is somewhat loose, likely because it isn't exactly clear to Dodo what that word means. He is, after all, just a bird. For instance, eating a human Servant's flesh won't wipe out all humans, or even all human Servants, but more likely something along the lines of 'people with a similar first name', or 'people who dress similarly'.

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Avenger: ...beautiful.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

Darkened Misty Metropolis Lambda-Nu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GOJIRA98 View Post
    I’m not super active here but I’ll throw my hat in the ring. I’m Jewish myself, I grew up hearing a lot of stories from a lot of family members about WWII and the Holocaust and how that effected us. So I consider myself sensitive to the issues. So what I’ll say here is that, as long as the subjects at hand are treated with respect, I have no personal problem. I tend to think Hitler fanservants are handled insensitively in general, but I’ve seen a few that genuinely read as part of the Nasuverse, as well as being both respectful and nuanced. In my opinion, it’s all in how you handle it.
    >Looks at your username.
    >
    The joys of being a Mommy

Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Complete.

Servant Database (v2.0)

CHALDEA SECURITY ORGANIZATION: AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    Singularity / Lostbelt Database

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by the god of world-0 View Post
    Avenger: ...beautiful.
    yeah there are and were in our world Living many beautifull and fascinating beings .

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vance View Post
    True Name: Anne Frank
    Well, it's better than Royd's utter mangling of sensitive issues that's for sure. On the other hand, the skills don't feel Anne Frankish enough and her Diary Phantasm is just a Hans ripoff. No lore is a bit of a turn off as well. Not bad, but could be much better.

Servant Sheet Compilation
    Pronouns - She/Her
    'Winner' of the Legendary Jack-Off

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anju Addams View Post
    Well, it's better than Royd's utter mangling of sensitive issues that's for sure.
    Who cares? She's dead, we like her, we make sheets of her, we try some things, we fail or succeed, we move on. Royd went a direction others wouldn't have, one that I think is a bit much (why would Elpis only choose her when I'm 100% certain other people have gone through terrible things and held on to that kind of hope even though Elpis qualifies her for the Class), but still interesting and not really deserving of hate. I do think some of the personality details are a bit unneeded, though.

I hope I can make a controversial Servant one day.
    I just made a controversial statement, haven't I?
    Last edited by Morg van Destro; April 29th, 2021 at 04:00 PM.

Blog Entries
    I bet you can find some persons people have a strong emotional attachment to, both positive and negative without real knowledge of the circumstances. I heard that mother theresa wasnt that nice to patients or something. And when my hitler made trouble you could choose other big dictators like Mao or Stalin and co. Che guevara was arguably a bastard and somehow people see him almost positive because well, he is on tshirts, right? Bad people dont get tshirts!
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Morg van Destro View Post
    Who cares? She's dead, we like her, we make sheets of her, we try some things, we fail or succeed, we move on. Royd went a direction others wouldn't have, one that I think is a bit much (why would Elpis only choose her when I'm 100% certain other people have gone through terrible things and held on to that kind of hope even though Elpis qualifies her for the Class), but still interesting and not really deserving of hate. I do think some of the personality details are a bit unneeded, though.

I hope I can make a controversial Servant one day.
    I just made a controversial statement, haven't I?
    In any case do i wish you uncontroversial good luck in that Project my friend !

I bet you can find some persons people have a strong emotional attachment to, both positive and negative without real knowledge of the circumstances. I heard that mother theresa wasnt that nice to patients or something. And when my hitler made trouble you could choose other big dictators like Mao or Stalin and co. Che guevara was arguably a bastard and somehow people see him almost positive because well, he is on tshirts, right? Bad people dont get tshirts!
    yeah almost everything has Two sides in the world . As like in every Advantage is a disadvantage and vica versa , like similar what i learned during my paleontological Hobby researches that in every Crisis is a hidden Chance as the Dinosaur were Beings of CAtastrophy they came from on , were the Rulers of the planet for the Ages and dissappeared withhin a Catastrophy .

Similar is it what does a Hero distinguish from a normalo ,i mean aside powers and skill , that they are able to grasp the wisdom in despair and Madness during their lowest points whih would break normals are they able Reform themselves and continue however upon doing so are they sacrificing a part of their Humanity . This was a part of Dialogue in one of my stories i plan.
    Last edited by Kabalisto Koga; April 29th, 2021 at 04:42 PM.

Blog Entries
    I bet you can find some persons people have a strong emotional attachment to, both positive and negative without real knowledge of the circumstances. I heard that mother theresa wasnt that nice to patients or something. And when my hitler made trouble you could choose other big dictators like Mao or Stalin and co. Che Guevara was arguably a bastard and somehow people see him almost positive because well, he is on tshirts, right? Bad people dont get tshirts!
    Rey does have a point. One can make an argument that Mao and Stalin are actually worse than Hitler based on the fact that they actually did kill several more people than Hitler. In fact, Stalin actually killed around 2.85 times as many people as Hitler. From a logical standpoint, it's weird that Hitler is taboo, but Stalin and Mao aren't.

Servant Database (v2.0)

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambda-Nu View Post
    Rey does have a point. One can make an argument that Mao and Stalin are actually worse than Hitler based on the fact that they actually did kill several more people than Hitler. In fact, Stalin actually killed around 2.85 times as many people as Hitler. From a logical standpoint, it's weird that Hitler is taboo, but Stalin and Mao aren't.
    People who say that Hitler is uniquely bad would generally argue that genocide; i.e the deliberate attempt to exterminate a particular ethnic group in its entirety, is worse than "mere" mass-murder which Stalin and the like carried out (political enemies are not an ethnicity). Personally I don't have a super strong stance on that (as far as I'm concerned a mass-murdering maniac is a mass-murdering maniac) but I can see why people would take that viewpoint.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    People who say that Hitler is uniquely bad would generally argue that genocide; i.e the deliberate attempt to exterminate a particular ethnic group in its entirety, is worse than "mere" mass-murder which Stalin and the like carried out (political enemies are not an ethnicity). Personally I don't have a super strong stance on that (as far as I'm concerned a mass-murdering maniac is a mass-murdering maniac) but I can see why people would take that viewpoint.
    To be honest, that last part is more my viewpoint. All I really care is that depictions of Hitler, Stalin, Mao, and other similarly bad "people" follow one rule; don't treat them like actual human beings. Don't make them sympathetic at all.
    Last edited by Lambda-Nu; April 29th, 2021 at 04:50 PM.

Servant Database (v2.0)

Upcoming Servant Sheets

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 08:45 PM.

Blog Entries
    Well the only Thing is say About the Third Reich is that this is the prime example of what occure if a bunch of insane People are given power . About if we are Talking About the amount of killed People wellteir would mmost likely beat Genghis Khan all of them but aside that have we to look at the Person . As i am of the oppiion that Genghis was a Noble Person and full of Ideals that stemmin g from his Childhood ,during Stalin,Hittler and Mao are truly Evil i my eyes .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cursed by Fortuna View Post
    So I am just going to leave this kinda as an open question to anyone who wants to answer it, is there any consensus on the requirements of voyager class? I know it mentions traveling a far distance but I don't know really how to interpret that, does it

A) mean a far distance in the literal sense (going really far)

B) mean having a journey which even if it didn't actually go that geographically far from it's start point involved a lot of movement (like the argonauts in that they never went far from Greece, but with all the sailing around Greece they did they may have traveled hundreds or thousands of miles in that area)

C) does it even have to be a real physical journey or can it be a rhetorical journey such as an author or a storyteller who took us through a great journey in the footsteps of their characters or emotionally, rather than physically

D) is it a requirement of having listed another planet / world and if so then does that mean

D1) it has to be a literal other world as in another planet or

D2) another world can mean any place which is otherworldly and vastly different to the world you know (such as the otherworld in Celtic and Welsh myths, the underworld in greek myths, any of the other 9 realms than the one said person was born in in Norse, myth, other textures of the world, or even places that while not essentially being basically alternate yet connected dimensions, are so different than what someone knows that they become "otherworldly" like Marco Polo who described his travels to China and Mongolia or Vasco da Gama who was the first to travel from his native land of Portugal to India by sea)

I apologize for the wall of text, but I'm just wondering what people's thoughts are as I'm trying to puzzle this out for a sheet I am considering doing involving the Voyager class (well 2 actually, 1 which I know would count [Clyde Tombaugh & New Horizons [possibly done in a similar style to Ryoma and Onryo as they are eternally linked [as part of Clyde Tombaugh's ashes are literally inside the New Horizons spacecraft]] and 1 more fringe example where I'm more interested in the clarification for)
    1, i think the must only have the journey as central part in the legend would i say .

2;Well i think perhap Jason could havet he qualificatiopns as Captain of Argo .

3;If you say it like this could i think that sort of inner journeys like Enlightment could fitt . like a Seven Hawkins or Buddhistic Voyager ?

4; no i dont think it isnt a requirment.

4 ,2; No here would i say should we take intoaccount also the ancient views like Leif Erikson for discovering "Vinland" . i would say that with different Mythical Worlds it would Count as "more and wider journey as to a other planet" .

i hope this was a help Fortuna ?

Blog Entries
    Fortuna: Everything is perhaps right? We only have one example, see it as a rare class of 'The Hero of the Journey', able to or known for traveling distances. Perhaps someone like Marco Polo, Ibn Buttata, the winner from the contest a long while ago, several gods perhaps, literary journeys like Jules Verne and stuff. Just do a Servant if it fits in your opinion. The class is so rare, working on it would be cool.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    To be honest, that last part is more my viewpoint. All I really care is that depictions of Hitler, Stalin, Mao, and other similarly bad "people" follow one rule; don't treat them like actual human beings. Don't make them sympathetic at all.
    I'm gonna have to disagree somewhat on that. Not making them sympathetic is still treating them like human beings. My Jones and Holmes are definitely both human, and Adlet's Mao and Stalin are the same, if still pretty terrible people. His Htiler, though, does feel a bit more exaggerated than the others. I think the thing to reach for with bad people is more going for accuracy, as with any Servant. Still room for changes, though.

Blog Entries
    So, moving away from what is likely to boil over into a nasty flame war, I want to have my Masamune V2.0 be a pseudo-Servant that uses another character as his vessel, but I'm trying to find one that would contrast how Muramasa was summoned into Shiro. Any idea what would fit?

Servant Database (v2.0)

Upcoming Servant Sheets