Page 170 of 620 FirstFirst ... 70120160165168169170171172175180220270 ... LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,400 of 12386

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by realcasually View Post
    It seems very silly to me to hold an extremely unofficial contest specifically between two people, and then when extenuating circumstances force half of the participants not to be able to finish on time, to disqualify them and declare the other the winner by default. I think Avenger SherJack was an absolutely inspired stroke of genius (fitting) but... why not just... wait? There is no hard rule to this thing, it's not THE contest. Just... let Lambda finish and judge them both on their own merit? Disqualification because IRL proves absolutely literally nothing that the contest was designed to do. Whatever, guess it doesn't matter.
    This is true. However, the same could be argued for the monthly contest. Perhaps, if done again, the time could be expanded to a week and a half to account for such things. However, in the end, this was all for fun as well as a mental exercise to see what they could do in a limited time frame. Anticlimactic, but also a learning opportunity. Such is life.

Maker of Poor Decisions and Massive Sheets TheTruthWhale's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    @Anju:

I, too, am really curious what you think of my Foreigner Jack. I think I did the origin justice, beyond Noth-Yidik's loving embrace, but as the clear crown-wearing Jack-stan, your input would mean a lot.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFrenzy View Post
    I know people feel bad enough that they had failed their own standarts so I'm here to congratulate them for at least trying. This was an unnoficial and joke-ish contest anyway, so it's not like it's the end of the world... That being said. ANJU. THOSE NOTES OF YOURS ON AN AVENGER JACK? I COULD KISS YOU. SUCH A GOOD CONCEPT. THE WAY YOU WRITE TOO, I JUST...

*coughs* Anyway, I liked it very, very much. Thank you for the food.
    Sorry for the late reply but I was sleeping. Timezones and all. Glad you liked it though!

Quote Originally Posted by Justiciar Hux View Post
    While the Contest may have been rendered void, we of the Policies department will fulfill our duties regardless of this fact.
    Jack the Ripper: Avenger
    The very idea of turning the World's one and only consulting detective into the most infamous murderer in the Western hemisphere was a bold move. Perhaps one could call it the cruel twist of fate, or the simple pursuit of justice against those who could not solve the crime.
    You've expertly twisted the skills of Mr. Holmes around your finger, turning him into the "Ultimate Criminal" in opposition to his status as the "Ultimate Detective".
    Because there is no opposing force, We shall decree under the authority of the Truth and the Root that this Jack the Ripper shall hold the status of victor. Effective immediately, you shall be awarded with the rank of Pride. Writers exist and endure in the creation of the new, and the twisting of the old. Your status shall not be opposed by anyone, for this is the word of Barthomeloi.

Barthomeloi Hux, Lord Barthomeloi, Policies Department
    Thanks, I think my favourite part was inverting Elementary My Dear around which I thought would be a pretty fun twist.

Quote Originally Posted by Morg van Destro View Post
    This is true. However, the same could be argued for the monthly contest. Perhaps, if done again, the time could be expanded to a week and a half to account for such things. However, in the end, this was all for fun as well as a mental exercise to see what they could do in a limited time frame. Anticlimactic, but also a learning opportunity. Such is life.
    I mean, if people are complaining - I am more that happy to hang up my crown and wait for Lambda to add their sheet and we can vote then? Up to the judges really.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTruthWhale View Post
    @Anju:

I, too, am really curious what you think of my Foreigner Jack. I think I did the origin justice, beyond Noth-Yidik's loving embrace, but as the clear crown-wearing Jack-stan, your input would mean a lot.
    I like the idea of Mary as Jack the Ripper and it's pretty interesting as a Sheet. Personally, I would change Untraceable Monster into Information Erasure though and I'm not sure why she has Mystic Eyes? I also like the incorporation of the rather obscure Hounds of Tindalos (I assume) but how do they relate to Jack or Mary? Most Foreigners are related to an Outer God that has something to do with them - Cthulhu for Hokusai painting octopus hentai or Vulthoom for Van Gogh's sunflowers etc.

Servant Sheet Compilation
    Pronouns - She/Her
    'Winner' of the Legendary Jack-Off

Blog Entries
    The mystic eyes are an emulation of something the Hounds of Tindalos do. It's just a natural ability they have, a literal cutting gaze. Since she's an avatar, it makes sense to give her a similar ability in a way a "human" body can handle.

I don't dislike Information Erasure, but it kind of does the exact opposite of what I want it to do. Nothing about the Hounds or Noth-Yidik, aside from the usual "causes insanity upon gazing at them," have anything to do with erasing people's minds of what happened. If anything, the gruesome hunts of the Hounds are part of the spectacle. I like the idea of erasing the traces she was there, as the Hounds leave no trace other than a victim, rather than what Information Erasure does for Maria, which is delete memories, recordings, etc.

As for the connection between Noth-Yidik and Mary, there really isn't one, other than the almost nothing information about Noth-Yidik having European cults and being the Mother of the Hounds of Tindalos. It combines the idea of Mary, who had traces of insanity in real life (her chanting, her acceptance of death like it was nothing, the fact that she kept traces of her "killing mice," all real things), and the theory of cult killings. I guess there could be something there with the Hounds of Baskerville, or the Black Hounds seen at scenes of murder or fire (and at graveyards), but that's more modern HPL influences, which I wanted to avoid.

EDIT: I will counter the argument that most foreigners are related to the outer god. BB has absolutely no relation to Nyarlathotep, other than her personality and how she plays with humanity. And Abigail Williams has no connection at all to Yog-Sothoth. If anything, she's everything he isn't, as she obfuscated the truth as much as possible irl.
    Last edited by TheTruthWhale; May 10th, 2021 at 12:58 PM.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anju Addams View Post
    I like the idea of Mary as Jack the Ripper and it's pretty interesting as a Sheet. Personally, I would change Untraceable Monster into Information Erasure though and I'm not sure why she has Mystic Eyes? I also like the incorporation of the rather obscure Hounds of Tindalos (I assume) but how do they relate to Jack or Mary? Most Foreigners are related to an Outer God that has something to do with them - Cthulhu for Hokusai painting octopus hentai or Vulthoom for Van Gogh's sunflowers etc.
    I knew i forgot something about the skills, yes Info Erasure should replace the respective skill.
    I cant speak for Whale, but i think it was just the cult route of the jack theories and it having an interesting twist. Noth is not a big character, she is the mother of the hounds of tindalos(rather famous in the HPL verse, cool concept imo) and that is basically it. It is impressive in my eyes, because he made great creepy sheet with only that aspect. Their connection is basically not that important i think. I dont know enough about the real mary to know if her love for dogs is something that is noted in her history or not. I guess her shouting something with Mice is real.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Ha, beat you to it, DelRey.

Mary is actually a suspect for being Jack the Ripper IRL as well.

Blog Entries
    Information Erasure (情報抹消, Jōhō Masshō?) is the removal of information regarding the Servant's True Name, abilities, and appearance from the records and memories of all eye witnesses, including the opponent, following the conclusion of an engagement

according to that definition i see where Whale is coming from, one could maybe argue that it is Rank EX that even the world forgets information about her, like the footprints or her DNA and stuff

- - - Updated - - -

her being a suspect isnt in question, it is about the conceptual connection they have. but admittedly there arent any greater concepts behind Noth. Except there is a woman that somehow birthed canine beings that she could relate to or something among those lines.

Except someone goes hypercreative and deduces weird authorities for her from being a mother of beings that traverse the corners of space like the hounds do, like similar to Yoggy something about gates between certain aspects of spacetime of something.

University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

A.K.A. Rick, apparently realcasually's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    This is true. However, the same could be argued for the monthly contest.
    I don't know if I agree with this. The 'contest' was set up between TWO people. One of them got busy, so the other is declared 'better'? It seems just mean-spirited to do that. It's not the official site-wide contest with multiple entrants... there's two, and one of them couldn't make it for reasons outside their control. That shouldn't be a disqualification, that should be a "the contest is on hold until Lambda gets their entry out". Sorry to beat a dead horse, it just... doesn't sit right with me. Maybe I'm making mountains out of molehills, this kind of thing always rubs me the wrong way.

Such is life.
    Don't you quote my own countryman at me. (/s) I'm working on that sheet, as a matter of fact.

Blog Entries
    EDIT: I will counter the argument that most foreigners are related to the outer god. BB has absolutely no relation to Nyarlathotep, other than her personality and how she plays with humanity. And Abigail Williams has no connection at all to Yog-Sothoth. If anything, she's everything he isn't, as she obfuscated the truth as much as possible irl.
    That was why I said most, it's just a personal opinion though. I prefer Foreigners who actually have some connection is all.

Indeed, mostly because Sir Conan Doyle thought it was a woman. Ironically enough...

Pronouns - She/Her

Blog Entries
    There's also been recent DNA evidence on the letters, where they were licked, that seems to support the idea that, if not the killings, at least the letters were probably done by a woman. There's also the whole thing about her killing she was convicted for was near identical to the way Jack killed, which is weird, seeing as she supposedly had no medical training.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    Information Erasure (情報抹消, Jōhō Masshō?) is the removal of information regarding the Servant's True Name, abilities, and appearance from the records and memories of all eye witnesses, including the opponent, following the conclusion of an engagement

according to that definition i see where Whale is coming from, one could maybe argue that it is Rank EX that even the world forgets information about her, like the footprints or her DNA and stuff

- - - Updated - - -

her being a suspect isnt in question, it is about the conceptual connection they have. but admittedly there arent any greater concepts behind Noth. Except there is a woman that somehow birthed canine beings that she could relate to or something among those lines.

Except someone goes hypercreative and deduces weird authorities for her from being a mother of beings that traverse the corners of space like the hounds do, like similar to Yoggy something about gates between certain aspects of spacetime of something.
    One Quesstion here are mental skills bestowing a resitence againsth this skills effects respectively Thaumaturgy like Memory Partition where Memories are stored in a seperate space ? would the records there also be affected ?

Also would you like a seat in my powerlounge we have comfy Sofas and good Food nd beverage ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    Nyarla is one of the eldest Outer Gods and described as the trickster who is pretty malevolent towards humans. He is the only OG who actually has a personality and therefore is scary. That both share that aspect is actually rather fitting, even tho she is not a real Foreigner.
    And Abby is a weird case, the first of her kind and perhaps an experiment. Tho her background story just invites a forced connection with something.

Still, good Foreigners have good connections with an Outer Gods. But some Outer Gods dont allow that and are basically duds to use for creative things. I so far ignored the things that are just some weird deformed animals, but Royds Antoku was a pretty cool connection despite that.
    It just shows that either the background allows to make Foreigners, like Abby and the new Jack or the connection between both. Either case needs some creativity and writing talent to pull that of, that is why i value good foreigner sheets.

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    I'm glad you value my work. That's a writer's pride right there.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anju Addams View Post
    I mean, if people are complaining - I am more that happy to hang up my crown and wait for Lambda to add their sheet and we can vote then? Up to the judges really.
    I'll contact Royd and the others will probably see this, but I think this should come more from your own desire than from people having issues with how it turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by realcasually View Post
    I don't know if I agree with this. The 'contest' was set up between TWO people. One of them got busy, so the other is declared 'better'? It seems just mean-spirited to do that. It's not the official site-wide contest with multiple entrants... there's two, and one of them couldn't make it for reasons outside their control. That shouldn't be a disqualification, that should be a "the contest is on hold until Lambda gets their entry out". Sorry to beat a dead horse, it just... doesn't sit right with me. Maybe I'm making mountains out of molehills, this kind of thing always rubs me the wrong way.

Don't you quote my own countryman at me. (/s) I'm working on that sheet, as a matter of fact.
    They aren't declared 'better'. They're declared the victor. The same would happen if extenuating circumstances prevented someone from arriving at a contest. Not that I doubt Lambda, but it'd be impossible to tell if what they say is truthful or not, as they perhaps were just lazy about it or only had the original idea but were completely unable to come up with anything to go along with it. Either way they can make excuses we can't confirm or deny, and constantly making provisions in that case is a bit unfair to the person who was able to do it in the time allotted. Even so, you can look back and find I did offer to do so despite this because I believed Lambda was genuine, but that seemed to get lost in the fray.

I thought that country was Britain, but is it France, because I was just translating c'est la vie? Did a famous British person say it first, or have I completely burked you geographically? Also, I still anticipate the sheet with great curiosity.

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 08:52 PM.

Blog Entries
    or we just wait. Lambda started his Jacky and now that the event is over, he can work on it in peace and release her when she is ready and then we can talk about a round 2 or whatever.

Offtopic. I am still working on minor stuff here and there for my three servants, but i am already have my eyes on a summer project. for that I'd like to know how Chaldea does all those Summer Servants. I only played FGO for a few weeks last year during the hawaii event and have no idea what the system behind the saint graph alteration is. How does this work?

Edit: idc anymore, FGO is weird. Summer versions seem to be both a separate Servant and an alternate version of the original one. Meaning there can be a Servant that is the original form, but can change into a Summer variant if possible AND there is another Servant that is the Summer Version from the get go. I guess it is just to explain how we can run OG version and Summer version in one battle.

In essence it makes sense, kinda. Servants are just copy pasted data from the throne into a container. Nothing outside of magic consumption prevents someone from summoning multiple versions of a Hero, I guess.
    Last edited by DelRey; May 10th, 2021 at 04:08 PM.

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    or we just wait. Lambda started his Jacky and now that the event is over, he can work on it in peace and release her when she is ready and then we can talk about a round 2 or whatever.

Offtopic. I am still working on minor stuff here and there for my three servants, but i am already have my eyes on a summer project. for that I'd like to know how Chaldea does all those Summer Servants. I only played FGO for a few weeks last year during the hawaii event and have no idea what the system behind the saint graph alteration is. How does this work?
    I believe it's that Chaldea simply records EVERYTHING about Servants (which is also how they keep their memories of previous Wars), though in the original event I think it was Scathach messing around with runes?

Pronouns - She/Her

A.K.A. Rick, apparently realcasually's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I do see the point, Morg. I still have my own disagreements, but it's not my business at this point-- I'll just be prolonging an argument if I keep nitpicking, and I have no desire to be the shitstirrer for no reason.

I thought that country was Britain, but is it France, because I was just translating c'est la vie? Did a famous British person say it first, or have I completely burked you geographically? Also, I still anticipate the sheet with great curiosity.
    I'll say probably not 'first' I'm sure as you said the French have been saying it for eons, but 'Such is life' is most well known to ME and to I-daresay-most other Australians as the last words of Ned Kelly. Gives the game away, but there you go, learned something.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i would say that the servant self is doing it and that Chaldea do some workings i guess (without playing the game)

a Question Delrey About Jackie Information Erasure skill>One Quesstion here are mental skills bestowing a resitence againsth this skills effects respectively Thaumaturgy like Memory Partition where Memories are stored in a seperate space ? would the records there also be affected ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    idk Koga

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.