Page 193 of 621 FirstFirst ... 93143183188191192193194195198203243293 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,860 of 12410

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

Blog Entries
    Quick question, would someone known to have the biggest musical library in a continent having a Noble Phantasm that replicates Musical Noble Phantasms that existed before him with lower ranks than the original be too unbalanced?

Maker of Poor Decisions and Massive Sheets TheTruthWhale's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    @Master_Therion:

Entirely depends on how you implement it. If you throw in a Trombe Override (or any BGM Override), you have my full support. Other than overriding musical NPs, I imagine it has an effect when his music plays, which becomes the actual thing that needs balancing.

EDIT: I read your post wrong. If he's known as the grand collector of music or something, it would make sense that he's able to replicate weaker versions of musical NPs. You could go a few different ways, like ranking them down, or having them only give positive effects to people he sees as allies and friends (since it's his private collection), or by modifying the actual effects of the NPs. It'd be essentially a musical version of Gilgamesh (Archer)'s Gate of Babylon, which contains a bunch of the true forms of Noble Phantasms.

@Fortuna:

Love this boy. He's like a Tsundere Roy Mustang mixed with Welkin Gunther. He may not know much about this Valkyria Magic Bullshit, but he's got a grand old tank and the will to shoot said bullshit out of the sky. I think his second noble phantasm is really well implemented as both a conceptual attack and a real one. I'm kinda surprised you didn't give him something like Independent Action (Science) that lets him fully function without a master, but locks his NPs, since he uses essentially no mana outside of those, but that's just a personal opinion.
    Last edited by TheTruthWhale; May 26th, 2021 at 12:15 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Jean Bureau:Well not bad quite good Concept of the noblephantasm i must admit i have a strong distaste About Gunpowder weaponry ,as i am a Sword enthusiast . Also aboutthe Magecraft i am of the oppinion would still be Sorcery strong as it was we wouldnt Need technology . on the other side i would be curious what he would think of my Thales or my newest servant Aischylos ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Master_Therion View Post
    Quick question, would someone known to have the biggest musical library in a continent having a Noble Phantasm that replicates Musical Noble Phantasms that existed before him with lower ranks than the original be too unbalanced?
    Come to think of it, we don't have much music-based NPs in canon, do we? Aside from the recent Idol MHXA, there's Mozart, Salieri, arguably Astolfo's horn (that's just sound-based, if anything), Elizabeth (which I'm still lowkey salty about, she should have another, more historically accurate NP about her murders and blood-baths, maybe something similar to Carmilla's), and... I think that's it, actually? Tell me if I forget anyone.

Anyway, back to your question, unless the figure in question is someone as legendary as Gil's court musician (joke example), I think it's a bit too unbalanced unless you put some more restrictions on it aside from the rank down, such as mana cost, and/or its power being tied to the user's personal proficiency with the instrument.

...Alternatively you might as well make that Archer-Class Gil expy who uses various musical instruments as long-range projectiles.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    ...Alternatively you might as well make that Archer-Class Gil expy who uses various musical instruments as long-range projectiles.
    Something like that is actually what I went for in my Gabriele D'Annunzio sheet.

Blog Entries
    @BnEl15:

Thanks. I already have to make MoonCancer Mononoke after I finish this sheet. Now I have to try and give the Hero Queen an immortal musician.

@DelRey:

Thank you for the tip, by the way. I totally missed that section. Now, this sheet looks way nicer than me having to force things to work jankily because I didn't know the code.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Come to think of it, we don't have much music-based NPs in canon, do we? Aside from the recent Idol MHXA, there's Mozart, Salieri, arguably Astolfo's horn (that's just sound-based, if anything), Elizabeth (which I'm still lowkey salty about, she should have another, more historically accurate NP about her murders and blood-baths, maybe something similar to Carmilla's), and... I think that's it, actually? Tell me if I forget anyone.

Anyway, back to your question, unless the figure in question is someone as legendary as Gil's court musician (joke example), I think it's a bit too unbalanced unless you put some more restrictions on it aside from the rank down, such as mana cost, and/or its power being tied to the user's personal proficiency with the instrument.

Actually are there not much famous by Name known Musicians ans the most aer rather modern ones , as the earliest examples of Legendary Musician i could think of are the Nordic God of Bards or Skalds Brago and the Finish NAtional Hero Vainämöinen . Other Question has someone here made a Richard Wagner servant the Composer of the Ritt der Walküre ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries

This person, while being somewhat a composer and writer, was more a ruler and is more famous for being a ruler. I was thinking on a Noble Phantasm that has this restrictions:
    1) Even if it is a music that is in the library and is from his age, at most it can be replicated but with one decrease in rank
    2) For every certain time frame that passes from the time he was alive and when the music in question was created (Either ages before or after he was alive), the Noble Phantasm will drop further in rank the more time frames pass
    3) Must exist in his library. However, if he can get the sheet for the music, he might replicate it as Noble Phantasm if possible but will have a decreased effect coupled with the 2 prior restrictions
    4) Cannot replicate the effects of Noble Phantams that are purely from other sources instead of musical ability (For example, Salieri uses his raw hatred as the source for his Noble Phantasm instead of technique and talent)

Blog Entries
    This person, while being somewhat a composer and writer, was more a ruler and is more famous for being a ruler. I was thinking on a Noble Phantasm that has this restrictions:
    1) Even if it is a music that is in the library and is from his age, at most it can be replicated but with one decrease in rank
    2) For every certain time frame that passes from the time he was alive and when the music in question was created (Either ages before or after he was alive), the Noble Phantasm will drop further in rank the more time frames pass
    3) Must exist in his library. However, if he can get the sheet for the music, he might replicate it as Noble Phantasm if possible but will have a decreased effect coupled with the 2 prior restrictions
    4) Cannot replicate the effects of Noble Phantams that are purely from other sources instead of musical ability (For example, Salieri uses his raw hatred as the source for his Noble Phantasm instead of technique and talent)
    Huh, this is fair, the time difference and his inability to replicate other sources to the NPs make for pretty creative limitations to the NP.

Blog Entries
    Bureau: When I loaded your post I at first just saw the tank and thought "oh damn, he lost it, a Tank as a Servant" then I saw 'brothers' and thought "Damn, did he make one brother into a Tank? FMA-vibes, nice".
    He is pretty interesting, Rider being responsible for 'the death of castles' in a sense makes him pretty unique. I never heard of him, but I guess I should if he brought black powder to europe.
    I think Riding at B+ is too high for him. He rejected magecraft and shouldnt have any aptitude to ride phantasmal beasts and the like. It is weird for a Rider, but I think a low rank fits for someone who uses tanks, which technically is something others with Riding could do as well if they had access to modern tanks.
    And idk about Tactics, neither the rank or the skill itself for Rider. It did not sound like they were on the battlefield as commanding presence. Their tools did all that, right? To me that sounds more like Aptitude for Slaughter(Tools) from Archimedes, as they both created something that was used during war. His NP give me Nobunaga NP vibes and while reading I thought "that has to be the definition of an Anti-Fortress NP, right?" until you explained it is not.
    NP statistics are really annoying to me for some reason.

And regarding Gatekeeper, I didnt want to come of as harsh as well. Dont worry about it, we know you well enough now that you are not mean spirited, you give constructive criticism and I try to answer with my arguments and points. Other critiqued the class choice as well and said it was more like a rider and i reiterated why imo the class does make sense.
    I still dont really get your GK interpretation, because we only have Gil as a focal point and was he someone that was considered an obstacle for someone else's journey as a hero? I think it is not a good description of a class, because one could argue that many many servants can count as potential candidates, which defeats the purpose of an extra class. Perhaps, now that you just finished a sheet, can find the time to create your own GK to show what your vision of that class is.

- - - Updated - - -

Im a sucker for art servants. Your servant really sounds interesting .Imperial Privilege (Music) is what came to my mind as a skill. And a while ago in the LB thread someone suggested a Sg or LB based on Beethoven getting a grail and becoming the composer of the world or something. Damn I hope they make that thing happen.
    I myself have interest in one or two musical Servants, after my next project I try my hands on them, perhaps in time for your idea.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    You know, Riding B+ could also be something like Riding (Mechanized) B+, and have him be an expert pilot for tanks and other forms of mechanized infantry, as well as mobile artillery, but completely strip his ability to ride anything that resembles a magical creature.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed by Fortuna View Post

Casanova: I was originally going to make some manner of joke here, but after reflection I'm not sure it would fit as I'm unsure as to what to think on the character really. On one hand it's certainly the sheet is not exactly hesitant to point out his flaws or that he is not exactly a great person, and he does come off a little as a door and a loser (with you even being able to maybe read his Story of My Life NP more as him self-aggrandizing and possibly a lot of his reputation (particularly as not as great as he claimed it was really was) or like him being multi-talented as just surface level understanding at best, something to give him a veneer of grandeur (like fool's gold), to make him look more capable and skill than he was). On the other hand I'm really not sure on the whole him being endearing. His character is inherently one which is sexist and at worst comes off as dehumanizing, reducing romance to a means of having sex with someone; reducing woman to things to be had, used, and discarded. While probably part of the joke the fact that basically all of his comments around women are about wanting to have sex with them is a little off-putting. Even at best he comes off as a bit of a creep and someone whose other NP, the Gremory lance leans a bit into the "dude, not funny" direction with the whole angle of pheromones and mesmerization basically coming off alongside his character being laser focused on sex with women, dips into the territory of him basically being able to compel women to have sex with him, something which inherently would neither make him likable and kinda makes me incredibly uneasy on this sheet as a whole.
    thank you for your well thought out critique

my next sheet will be 30% more problematic

Blog Entries
    I distinctly remember Sunny's Laura Bolton Sheet having this exact Noble Phantasm so I wouldn't see anyone having issues with it.

Servant Sheet Compilation
    'Winner' of the Legendary Jack-Off

Blog Entries
    You really expect me to fight? And what have you done for me? I was perfectly fine just remaining in the Throne. You may as well just send me back now, because, if you didn’t already know, I, Andromeda, am a Lover, not a fighter.

W-wait… Perseus is here? …Well, I suppose that I could stay and see if this monster is useful for anything.

Source
    Class: Lover
    Other Classes:
    True Name: Andromeda
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Place of Origin: Greece
    Height: 158 cm.
    Weight: 64 kilo.
    Dislikes: Prophecies. Domineering people. Those in 'authority' over her.
    Natural Enemy: The gods

Parameters:
    STR: E
    END: C
    AGI: D
    MGI: B
    LCK: B
    NP: A

Class Skills:
    Devotion (D):
    One who typically views others only by how they can benefit her, Lover only ever loved her husband and her children, and is not the type to fall for another. However, she has an undeniable affection for people like her husband, her Luck going up one rank if she becomes attached to someone like him while gaining only a positive modifier otherwise.

Object of Desire (B+):
    Though she was less blatant than her mother, Lover adored the affection she received from others, which they were more than willing to give her due to her status and beauty. The positive modifier actually is curtesy of her The Princess and Her Dragon Skill. Should an enemy become affected by Object of Desire, they are more likely to act as a possessive captor attempting to capture her and attacking anyone that would take her from them. This effect has greater advantage against males and monstrous beings.

Personal Skills:
    Golden Rule (Beauty) (A):
    Whether or not it was true, her mother boasted that she and her daughter were more beautiful than the Nereids, leading to Poseidon sending the Cetus to punish her. The reason wasn’t as simple as that though, because she truly was. The punishment wasn’t just for the arrogance of her mother, but also that, even if it was true, one did not make light of the gods in such a way.

The Princess and Her Dragon (A):
    The inexecrable link between Lover and the Cetus, the monster she was to be sacrificed to. This connection is one shared by any damsel that has been in a similar situation, bonding them to their monster.

Though bearing an antagonism to the monster, this Skill allows Lover to utilize the mindless Cetus as an extension of herself.

Chained Among the Stars (B):
    Her own legend as a constellation forever chained in the sky sublimated as a Skill. Manifesting as 16 starry chains she can control at will, she can restrain and immobilize targets. While effective against everyone, these chains have an inherent advantage against female targets.

Noble Phantasm
    The Cetus: Punished Daughter of the Sea (A)
    Anti-City

Originally a nereid, Ceto was transformed into a monstrous serpent for a reason long forgotten by time. The fact that Poseidon sent a warped nereid to punish those who claimed greater beauty than them is irony that is not lost on Lover.

A being of the sea, it is inherently impossible for the Cetus to be useful outside of water. While this would be a greater detriment in life, its appearance as an extension of Lover has given it a few advantages it didn’t have before. While it needs water to manifest, width matters more than depth in this case. So long as the water is wide enough, the Cetus can rise from it, able to lash out and destroy everything around it.

The monster itself has A rank Magic Resistance and Monstrous Strength, making it a formidable monster, especially when in a large enough body of water for it to manifest its entire body.

Lore

Perseus’s wife and bearer of nine of his children, Andromeda’s claim to history is being rescued, getting married, having kids, and being placed in the stars after death. She’d find this more annoying if it wasn’t an accurate summary of her life.

Born to Cassiopeia who was in turn a daughter of an Oceanid, Andromeda lived the rather uneventful life of a beautiful, privileged princess betrothed to her uncle in ancient Aethiopia.

Completely typical life.

One that was turned upside down when her mother, so taken with her own and her daughter’s beauty, bragged to everyone as how they were more beautiful than all the Nereids. Doing so once would have meant little, but it was something her mother simply would let go. That kind of thing isn’t something easily ignored.

Cassiopeia’s cousins began to take offense to this. How dare this mortal cousin make such an arrogant assertion! Such ego needed to be punished!

Appealing to Poseidon, he sent another Nereid, warped in her own special punishment, to terrorize Aethiopia. This of course eventually led to her father doing what everyone does when they are forced to deal with something the gods have forced on them without any knowledge on how to stop it. Consult an oracle! They always have the solutions!

Sacrifice my daughter to the monster? How could I say no! These sorts of things never end poorly!

And, in this case, it didn’t. Unless you count his wife being more directly punished by being chained to a throne of torture in the stars and his daughter no longer trusting or viewing him as her father, but hey, you can’t win every battle.

To reward the man who had saved both his daughter and kingdom, he offered her in marriage despite having promised her to his brother years ago. Seeing her chance, Andromeda fervently agreed with her father, seizing the opportunity not to marry Phineus.

Once she and Perseus had got to talking, however, she realized that he probably wouldn’t go through with the marriage simply by the fact that it took time away from saving his mother. Despite that, he did agree to marry her, which only served to surprise Andromeda. She thought she was going to have to use her charms to manipulate him, but he was simply willing to help even at what may be his detriment.

There was something very endearing about what she thought was his naivety. She might actually grow to like this Perseus.

So, one marriage, dead former fiancé, and month-long separation later, they were reunited, had several children, founded a kingdom, lived long and happy lives, and then died only to be placed among the stars.

A happy ending for all except those who had to die to get it.

Personality

A pampered woman that cares truly only for three things. Herself, Perseus, and her children. Typically in that order. Don't judge her too harshly. Her mother never cared for her as much as her father did, and even he was willing to sacrifice her with little resistance. It's honestly surprising she hasn't just limited it to her own well-being, though she had most of her life. Even if Perseus has been a good influence on her, she doesn't become attached to or trust others easily. She mostly saw Perseus as a means to help herself before she spent time with him.

Still, she tends to place herself and her wants above others. She doesn't particularly like expending effort or any sort of conflict, content to let others deal with the difficult tasks while she sits on the sidelines relaxing. She doesn't view herself as a Servant and honestly gets mad when reminded of the power her master has over her, being the type to argue with them to the point they burn a command spell just to make her work, but that's only if they are somehow unaffected by Object of Desire.

That is, unless they grow on her or, more importantly, are like Perseus. Someone willing to help others with an almost innocent and simple way of looking at the world. Someone is in need, therefore, they help them. People like these are ones she can trust. Trust to not just abandon her because some random woman said it was what to do! There's something so pure and adorable about those people, man or woman. For those people, she will do all she can to protect them.

Despite her want to be doted on, if she finds someone she enjoys, she'll dote on them in turn and take great offense for them if someone insults or works against them. The thought that someone would send offenses against someone so wonderful, for that is what they are if she's accepted them, is an infuriating thought, and likely one to make her act without prompting. People will now be reminded not to insult Perseus when she's around, because she will take that to your grave.

Relationships

Perseus (Rider): Oh, Darling, you gave me far more than enough. You're so cute when you're worried about me.

Chrysaor: Darling, you need to slow down a bit. We have all the time in the world now.

Caenis: Zeus, Poseidon, Athena. Trust me. My family's more than familiar with the gods' "glory".

Heracles: Your wives needed better taste in men. Then again, not everyone can be Perseus.

Medea: Same thing applies to you. A man with a tongue like that can't be trusted.

Penthesilea: My goodness! Why are you so bothered by it? Beauty like yours is power!

Gilgamesh: Ah. You remind me of... well, me! How unfortunate for you.

Medusa: So you're the one my husband killed. Hmm... Well, you certainly look like her, but the hair is wrong.

Thetis: You don't even remember, do you? Jealousy is a very ugly thing.

Hyacinthus: SLAP
    Get a hold of yourself, boy! You're trying far too hard.

Mad Jack: Well, I certainly am not fond of the coast, but you've almost convinced me. Plus, Perseus doting on me in a swimsuit is... most appealing.

Craft Essence

Click me

My mother said I was more beautiful than the Nereids. She was right. I knew it, and so did everyone else. I didn't need to say it because it was obvious. Even with Phineus already being promised me, men practically tripped over themselves for my amusement. And why shouldn't they? I was born to be above them.

It was predestined from birth. Andromeda. It's to be expected that they should seek my favor. That they should serve me. I didn't need to say a word or declare that truth. I didn't need something to massage my ego like my mother did. I was above her as well, even if she was too absorbed to realize it.

That... was what I once believed. Gods, I was insufferable. Even chained to that rock, I felt more indignant than betrayed, though only slightly. When Perseus first arrived, fighting off that monster, all I could think about was how to use him. Maybe he could kill my mother and Phineus for me. I was sure my father would be more than ashamed enough to accept any request I might make of him.

When he suggested I marry him, it was like the world was converging to my whims. Phineus would be out of my hair, and I would have a husband that no one would dare go against. It was perfect!

Then I talked to that pawn I had built up in my mind and... something changed.

He was just... too honest. I genuinely could have been anyone, and the result would be the same. He would've flown right into danger without a second thought just to help a stranger. No ulterior motive, no expectation of reward, no desire other than keeping someone safe. It was possibly the most adorable thing I had ever realized.

It also made me feel guilty for the first time in my life.

I almost told him just to leave, but he had already set his mind to helping me. I'm not sure he would've left if I had asked. Is it wrong to say I fell in love with him that night? Am I really so simple that I fell for someone I just met because he was completely unlike anyone I'd ever met? Someone who unconditionally would go to Hades and back if he knew it was needed?

Was it love, or did I just want to protect that smile he gave me?

I wonder if anyone can guess who number 3 will be.
    [K Project OST - Kolorless King]
    Last edited by Morg van Destro; February 27th, 2023 at 06:52 AM.

Blog Entries
    @Morg

Nice, you made Perseus first and now his wife. Like Perseus, this character sheet has a good quality. I love how she uses Cetus as her weapon. I also like the idea of giving characters Bond Craft Essences. I wish to do the same, but I'm not that good on writing CEs. Good job.

Blog Entries
    Andromeda: Hyacinthus extends an invitation to join the Anti-Greek Gods club. Anyway, yeah, this is a nice way to wrap up your Perseus duology (unless you plan on writing more Greek myths anytime soon, idk). Chained Among the Stars is a pretty creative Skill to give her (might wanna keep it in mind if I ever write a Servant with legends relating to constellations), that NP has some amazingly destructive potential in a story, and I'm a fan of her character as well. Nice work.

Blog Entries
    Sorry for asking in here, but how do I make it so that if click on a text it shows more text? Also, is there a guide for other functions?

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 09:02 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed by Fortuna

https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/misc.php?do=bbcode#imgcode

It's on one of the collapse functions
    Thank you.

Blog Entries
    Andromeda: Good, let the project grow and before you notice it, the project expands like your Arthurian Cycle.
    I like that you renamed the Class skills and the other skills are creative as well. Her character is as always really good and fitting.
    Wouldnt her NP grant her a rank in Riding?
    My bet is you make Phineus or that oracle

Fortuna: If we imagine the world once had magic and it was known back then, then yeah governments wouldnt wanna invest too hard into that stuff. But i recently saw a video about fake psychics and that the US government got trolled by the russians by showing they found a psychic that could move objects with her mind. That lead to government projects to find and create psychics on their own und they spend millions of dollars over years for that stuff. One thing that was mentioned is that test subjects stared for hours at a goat and tried to make their heart explode. It was by supereyepatchwolf, i bet i saw you post a video of him a while ago.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.