Page 276 of 621 FirstFirst ... 176226266271274275276277278281286326376 ... LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,520 of 12409

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I’m brainstorming nimrod ideas for fortuna so the similarities are entirely intentional.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay. I’ve got a crazy ideas for the Tower of Babel.

Languages exist to describe and define things. Something essentially has its existence pinned when it’s existence is described and defined. We wouldn’t be able to classify anything without language.

My idea is that nimrods spear essentially scatters/attacks the metaphysical definition and description of something. Things hit by the spear are essentially made metaphysically fuzzy because they simultaneously have many different subjective descriptions and definitions. Something can simultaneously be alive and dead due to losing the description of “dead” or “alive” for example

This effect is based on the languages scattering aspects of the Tower of Babel.
    Last edited by NINE-lives; October 8th, 2021 at 04:37 PM.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Has anyone ever made a lao tzu or zhuangzi sheet.

I think there was a Zhuangzi sheet on CaS 2. Might have been for his "butterfly" poem though?

Blog Entries
    you can answer this question by searching the names you are looking for in the Search Thread tool here. on page 1 there is a compilation for CaS2 as well, you can look by region
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I don’t even know how a Lao tzu servant would work given that Taoism literally focuses on non action.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Apparently there are still theories that Lao Tzu never truly existed and his works were written by various others, so there's some Faker/Alter-Ego/Pretender loophole there.

A brief read on a few articles about him and Taoism also reveals that rather than non-action, it promotes "action without intention" and a release from worldly desires, so I don't think it's really that impossible, considering we have a bunch of other examples of Servants who follow similar "paths of peace" like Buddha.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    What if Lao tzu is actually a composite heroic spirit composed of the phantoms of a bunch of daoist scholars similar to assassin jack the reaper.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Spammin Spiff's Avatar
    A little late to the party in this discussion, but I've heard people connect Babel to Babylon before, and in turn connect the tower saying it became a ziggurat or something like that at a later date. So, theoretically, you could do something like it having a connection to the kings of Babylon, if you want something specifically unique.
    Last edited by Spammin Spiff; October 9th, 2021 at 11:40 AM.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Maybe there is a connection between nimrod and the whore of Babylon/Nero?

Doubtful. I'm pretty sure Nero was called the "Whore of Babylon" to denounce her persecution of Christians, linking her supposed violence and debauchery to that done by the kingdom of Babylon (have never read the Bible, dunno for sure). The link between Nimrod and Babylon is already tangential, no need to confuse it further by adding Nero into the mix.

Ah I remember when Nero was the evil whore of babylon representing Rome's debauchery because she persecuted the jews and the nobles really fucking hated her so they made her a scapegoat for all the problems

Them Sakurai did Sakurai things and went 'Lol no she was super duper special all along she even got Roman Merlin!' (Simon Magus) and was a Super Duper Beast all along, humanity making her a patsy had nothing to do with. Most glorious star of Rome, foolishly unloved by the ignorant, too good, too pure for her time, look look at Romulus defending her and proclaiming her the greatest child of Romeeeeeeeee wheeeeee

Yeah screw Babylon. Make Nimrod into Super Charisma United Humanity memes, like if the guy was left be he was going to railroad humanity into a lostbelt because he is TOO capable or something
    Last edited by BoktaiMoon; October 9th, 2021 at 04:52 PM.

Lord Barthomeloi
    Blog Entries
    Sakurai actually goes out of her way to point out how the accusations of being the Whore of Babylon are merely slander tossed at her postmortem. It's specifically brought up in Labyrinth, her EXTRA matrices and her FGO mats that the connection isn't actually something from her lifetime, but instead a comparison made by those after she died in order to throw a selfish emperor under the bus and keep driving until she's a red smear.

Of course, the actual Mother Babylon is brought up by Sakurai, but who reads Prototype amirite.

Blog Entries
    Translator-in-chief Hux! Good to see you in this corner again. I hope you got something cooking for the contest!
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Lord Barthomeloi
    Blog Entries
    Oh yes, I've got a couple of ideas quite lingering, and I should hope to have at least one of them done by the deadline.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    About Nero were in my country some weeks ago a documentary were the case Nero and the inferno of Rome were criminalistic analyzed were several points were anysed so that it was in truth at first her Mother were a power-hungry b which wanted to use Nero as marionette and that the story with the ship was just a literary invention by the historian later.

And the inferno of Rome were either truly a incident as just a spilled oil lamp or flying spark was sufficient as climate wise were it a hot season with few Rain ,hot summer winds that dried the Wood buildings humidity so that it was rather a matter of time then a if that a fire is breaking out. And Nero was self a victim as his old palace were under the destroyed buildings,and he or in Umus case she were a capable crisismanager in to open imperial and closed Buidings and gardens as refugee, tried to coordinated the firefighters heck even was said to be seen amongst them helping with her own hands ,and later in making Romes first building plan and rules aswell ordered food donations for them .

So Nero was and is form me a excentric one yes but perhaps wanted umu jus acknowledgement as normal person ,and all later accusations are over stimated or Christian populism .

Other Question to all here which of you is your favorite Roman ruler ,actually either personality or achievement wise ? I am interested to hear your opinions ?
    Last edited by Kabalisto Koga; October 9th, 2021 at 08:02 PM.
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Shit my idea for nimrod’s personality just changed from “Gilgamesh with spear” into “god emperor of mankind from 40k with less sons”

JP Friend Code
    Huh?
    Blog Entries
    Personal Tidbits
    True Name: Phemonoe
    Talents: poetry, sneaking out of temples, Pankration?
    Likes: her father (to the dismay of her half-brother), budding heroes, Greece
    Dislikes: destiny, her powers
    Natural Enemy: Asclepius?

Skills
    Class Skills:
    Independent Action: C

The ability to remain independent even when rejecting the Magical Energy supply from one's Master; the ability that allows for action even in the absence of the Master. at this rank, it is possible for a Servant to stay in the world for one day without a Master.

As Archer has been summoned in a Class that is rarely associated with her, she gets the bare minimum for this Skill, although her younger, slightly rebellious disposition might've helped it gain a little boost.

Magic Resistance: B

A Skill that grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether.

While Archer is quite familiar with the magecrafts of her era and knows how to properly resist and counter them, she yet have much to learn. That being said, she can use her own magecraft to increase this skill's rank by half a rank.

Personal Skills:

Clairvoyance: A+++

A visual Skill ingrained to the body, governing superior visual perception and dynamic occipital capture. At higher Ranks, it might even let its owner see things normally unable to be seen to the normal eye, such as x-ray, or even the future.

While normally Caster would be granted the Divination Skill, her unorthodox Class has left her with... A more suitable, albeit 'weaker' Skill. As the premier seer of her era, Archer sees into the future with quite the accuracy.

Still, she lacks the proper training and experience to see far in the future, thus leaving her with reliably perceiving near futures instead.

Divinity: B

The measure of whether one has Divine Spirit aptitude or not. As the daughter of Apollo, she has been granted a high rank in this Skill, albeit not at an A Rank as she did not reach the Throne of Gods after she died.

Child of Apollo: EX

The Skill that denotes one's genealogy to the Greek god Apollo. Apollo is the god of many fields, such as archery, arts, prophecies, pestilence, and medicine, among other things. This smorgasbord of divine domains are what allowed Archer to be even summoned in the class, despite having no real anecdote with the bow, or anything ranged at all. This Skill provides the appropriate modifications and additions to Archer's Saint Graph to help her function as an Archer, such as skill with the bow, her Clairvoyance skill, as well as her Noble Phantasm and other miscellaneous things.

Archer does say that her Apollonic bloodline does make her somewhat adept at the fields of her father's expertise, but she never really put much time and practice into it... Until now, I guess.

High Speed Divine Words (Poetry): B

The Skill that helps one to use magical incantation to speed up the process of using Magecraft, particularly using specialized poetry as a medium. Archer's brand of High-Speed Divine Words uses the hexameter verses in assisting her spellcasting, increasing her incantation speed decently.

As she's not summoned as a Caster as well as using a body that is way before her prime as an accomplished Seer, this Skill has received a Rank Down, although that doesn't really stop her from spitting fire under enemy fire with great finesse.

Noble Phantasms
    Apollonia Musagetes
    The Nine Muses' Guiding Light

Anti-Unit, C

Archer has always been Apollo's tentative favorite child, if her position as his chief oracle is anything to go by, and thus when she finds herself summoned in a Class that in any other circumstances is impossible for her to be summoned in, Apollo pulled in a couple strings with the Muses to give her a leg up. A crystallization of the Muses' blessings on the young poet-slash-oracle, their favor materializes as nine red, four-pointed star tattoos that makes a small half-circle on her upper back. In itself, they don't do much, but when Archer fulfils the conditions, she can use one of the tattoos to create an arrow of light that hounds its target endlessly and relentlessly to strike true to the enemy's heart, ignoring protections and cover.

Each of the tattoo is devoted to one of the Muses, and each have unique activation requirements, designed to please and gain the favor of the Muses to borrow their power and pierce through the heart. They are:

• Calliope, the muse of epic poetry, who demands Archer to recite one great tale of a Greek hero, properly accentuating their glory and downfall in the form of a diss track, to her target;
    • Clio, the muse of history, who simply demands Archer to know the True Name of her target, unraveled upon her target step-by-step on how she arrived at that conclusion;
    • Erato, the muse of love poetry, who demands a saucy episode from Archer's love life, recited to her target that must be true;
    • Euterpe, the muse of songs, who demands a musical number against her target, with the grandiose and exaggeration of an on-stage musical;
    • Melpomene, the muse of tragedies, who demands a heartbreaking and blue episode from Archer's life, enough to pull some form of pity from her target;
    • Polyhymnia, the muse of hymns, who demands a flattering display of worship for the Nine Muses and Apollo, while decrying her target that they are worth of being smitten by the gods;
    • Terpsichore, the muse of dances, who demands a heated and passionate dance between Archer and her target;
    • Thalia, the muse of comedies, who demands a light-hearted, uplifting episode from Archer's life that incites a modicum of amusement on her target;
    • and Urania, the muse of astrology, who can only be invoked at night, while invoking nine different constellations that adorn the open night sky above her target.

As they are merely favors from the Muses, each tattoo vanishes permanently after being invoked once, making this Noble Phantasm very limited in usage. Their actual firepower is also nothing to write home about, although normally speaking a blow of its caliber straight to the heart is usually enough to kill someone. Usually. A strong Luck parameter would also help blocking or reducing the damage taken.

"Great performances are the ones that hits true to the heart, after all!"

Gnothi Seauton Pythia
    O Divine Pestilence, Know Thyself and Bring Ruin

Anti-Unit, B

By invoking the Divine Authorities invested onto her by both the great serpent Python and the Sun God Apollo, Archer taps into a fraction of her full potential as a seer and funnels the Pestilence domain of her patrons, manifesting it into a single bolt, miasma of misfortune and curses seeping from it. If the light of the sun shines above her, and Archer is at a higher ground than her target, then by invoking this Noble Phantasm's True Name as the opening to a lengthy soliloquy dedicated to both Apollo and Python, Archer nocks the curse-tipped arrow and fires the bolt at her target, in which Apollo's light guides her as it locks on her target, because Archers with some tangential relation with Apollo must always have auto-aim on. The arrow itself is wreathed in dark and foreboding miasma, travelling as if it was alive and twists and turns mid-trajectory to hit its target as if it was a snake zipping through the air.

Once the bolt of divine retribution hits its target, the pestilence-ridden arrow poisons their very Graph with Python's malice and burns them with Apollo's fierce light, weakening their ties with their fate as Archer sees and forcefully shifts their current metaphysical existence in fate to lead into a future which is... More favorable for her, effectively reducing their Luck by a solid Rank. This effect is amplified greatly if the target just so happens to be of Greek or Roman origin, as Archer's powers as a seer holds more weight for those who lived under their gaze and legend.

As this is an act of divination by an oracle who is clearly still on her early years on the job, each activation of this Noble Phantasm rattles her very Saint Graph as backlash for channeling such great power, sealing her Child of Apollo and Clairvoyance Skills, as well as her Apollonia Musagetes Noble Phantasm, and can only be unlocked again by performing a ritual after 5 days has passed, ironically letting her be at the mercy of her fate during the period in which she is depowered. This Noble Phantasm also only works once per target, as she can only alter someone's fate so much with her divinations.

Lore
    Archer's True Name is Phemonoe, the daughter of Apollo, inventor of the hexameter verses, and the first Oracle of Delphi, and therefore the representative entity whenever the Oracle of Delphi is summoned as a Servant. While normally she would only be summoned in the Caster Class (and even more sparingly, the Ruler class), the rather unique circumstances in which she was originally summoned in has forcefully manifested her in the Archer Class by taking a physically younger version of Phemonoe from before her peak as Greece's premier soothsayer and quest-giver. Whether Apollo's increased influence in this incarnation of her also had a part in why she is summoned in a younger body is still unknown.

This incarnation of Phemonoe is one that just started to have a grip on her duties as an Oracle, one that just barely understands the power and responsibility she holds. Fresh from the Great Sage Chiron's tutelage in arts and history, among other things, Phemonoe is here to prove that her father's trust on her was not misplaced.

On a rather unrelated note, she is also summoned with a unique silver bow called the
    Iomios
    Plaguing Bow of Light
    , who she claimed to have been 'an old, dusty relic in one of Apollo's temples that no one really cares about' that she took. While it is no Noble Phantasm, it does emanate a faint and weak divine aura, and can create bolts of hardlight as ammunition.

Personality
    Archer keeps up a serious and hard-faced facade, a persona she deems fitting for her position as the most important Oracle in all of Greece as the mouthpiece of the god Apollo himself, although deep down, she is a curious, excitable young lady. Witty and quick-footed, the young oracle has a disposition not unlike her father, being a bright and warm entity that is generally fun to have around. She exhibits a lot of interest in art and literature, particularly oral forms of art such as songs or poems from the modern era, and goes out on her way to learn more about them.

In combat, she tries her best to uphold a standard of pragmatism and efficiency, taking out her enemies from afar and reducing any risk for her as low as possible, but alas the blood of Apollo that runs through her veins do tend to make her go out on her way and fight on a more... closer range. She enjoys flashy displays of acrobatics, an interplay of arrows and fists as she dances around and with her opponent, both because it's fun, and because it would give her more opportunities to activate her Noble Phantasm.

She is particularly more fond of other Greek Servants, especially those who she personally knew in life, trying to catch up to them like a long, lost relative getting back in touch with each other on a Christmas party.
    ---

And done. Enjoy this probably lore-inaccurate, 80% made-up sheet. Comments and criticisms are always welcome. Also definitely not an attempt to make some semblance of lore between my sheets. No sir. Also I was conflicted between submitting this sheet to the Monthly Sheet comp or not before deciding to not enter this there because I didn't feel like this sheet met the requirements for the prompt.
    Last edited by MehKitteh; October 10th, 2021 at 01:02 AM.

Execute C:\local\lib\toh.exe?
    ---
    Dreams of swallow cuts.
    ---
    summs up a lot of my ironic weeaboo circles
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    people who have waifus are necessarily mentally ill

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 09:12 PM.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hoho, is this time for me to take Samyaza out of the closet again? I remember working on a similar Lostbelt a while ago with Lambda, involving the Watchers, the flood, and the Nephilims (with joint LB-Kings Cain and Samyaza), but that idea never really went anywhere. You seem to have put more research into this, and I gotta admire that. You're free to use my idea, but you might wanna talk about this with Lambda as well. He might have some different ideas compared to mine, and you might be able to work with him if he's willing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed by Fortuna View Post
    Well seeing as apparently Nimrod is now outed as one of my other grand candidates, I may as well talk about him a bit, a lot of the ideas here are good and so a handful of ideas actually I may take into account (and one I am may if I have permission from BnEl15) however it's not the direction I'm fully rolling with.

One of the first major points of divergence here is that Nimrod isn't human, he isn't even from the age of humanity. Nimrod is a Nephilim, but beyond that he is THE Nephilim, he is the first Nephilim to ever be born, the first son of Adam and Lilith of which all other Nephilim were based upon and the king of all Nephilim. He was one of the most powerful and famous rulers of the Age of the Giants, a Time Period lasting from some unknown start period until sometime shortly before 12000 BCE.

It was during this ages that great giants ruled the earth and the gods in turn ruled the heavens, these gods would be divided up into varying "tribes" known by different names to different modern humans. The Fomorians of Irish myth, the Nephilim of Aberhamic myths, the giants of Norse myth (specifically the tribe of which Ymir belonged to, not the giants which then arose after his death), the Cyclopes, Gigantes, and Hekatonkheires of greek myth, the Ispolin, The "humans" in the Satya Yuga, the unnamed giant tribe spoken of in Jainism, the Si-Te-Cah / Said, the Quinametzin of Aztec (and by proxy Mayan and Olmec in nasuverse) myth, the Daidarabochi of Shinto (and prior to that Ainu) myths, etc. For a time they lived in harmony and peace with the giants existing in harmony with the gods, even with them aiding in the contraction of varying items like divine constructs and in turn influencing each other's cultures, but pride gave way to fear and admiration gave way to envy driving division between the two groups. Eventually the Gods and the Giants waged great and terrible war, and after much bloodshed (and events like the great flood in Aberhamic myth) most of the Giants were wiped out with some like the Fomorians driven underground.

But the Giants had a final ploy, refusing to fall they turned to the great invention of Nimrod, The Tower of Babel, what the original purpose of this tower was remains lost to time, however the best guess given that it's probable that humanity may have learned to organizes themselves as hunter gathers, and taught them agriculture, and some theories which suggest the Grigori / watchers who taught humanity may have been the giants, in combination with Nimrod's nature as the king of the Nephilim and a great hunter it may have been some sort of keystone for a mass fertility spell meant to increase the prosperity of the harvests and the fertility of animals in order to sustain the cities and people he ruled, however this is up to debate. What is important is that the tower served as a keystone of for a massive ritual, not to mention it sat atop a nexus where several Ley-lines met, the giants then used this to basically spite the gods in the only way they could calling for something which hopefully would ensure that if they died, they dragged the gods down with them. So if you're wondering why despite Fate-Extra calaiming the Velber / Sefar come every 14000 years there's on evidence of mass extinctions of all life in our galaxy occurring routinely every 14000 years, this is why. Fate-Extra got that wrong (at least in my lore) the Velber don't come every 14000 years, they just are a species based on parasitic harvesting of planets and the giants using the Tower of Babel as a massive ritual ended up shooting a signal into space that they intercepted and pinpointed back to earth.

So if you want anyone to blame for the White Titan's rampage, blame the giants ... or the gods ... or both really. However back to nimrod himself, he actually may well have survived the fall of the age of the giants, and the flood which wiped out most of the Nephilim, there are some stories which suggest he may have been present after the flood (PS. I know I'm messing with the biblical timeline by putting the flood after the construction of the tower of babel, but I feel it makes a bit more sense / is more interesting this way). Due to both the gods winning and the rampage of the white titan, not much remains from the age of the giants, and even less which would reveal that the age of the giants existed or give much context what it looked like. As for Nimrod it's debatable if he really should be held accountable for the White Titan's rampage or the Giant-God war as it's hard to say if he was directly involved in either of those actions or even approved of them.

However, as an aside due to technically being a figure predating human history, Nimrod isn't normally summonable under normal circumstances his era is considered "complete" and too far removed from humanity's history or recollection (the dude died in 1000 BCE and was born millennia before that). Even beyond that he is a mystery so strong even the Einzbern's homunculi wouldn't be able to support his physical existence before they basically either died of magical exhaustion, or exploded based on the sheer mystery / quantity & quality of magical energy (basically very pure true ether) he gives off by existing, causing their internal organs to basically melt or rupture based on just being in his very presence.
    I believe this goes either in the womb or restructure and concept thread