Page 291 of 620 FirstFirst ... 191241281286289290291292293296301341391 ... LastLast
Results 5,801 to 5,820 of 12384

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    avenger is damn edgy, i like it. the NP is creepy too, like a spiderman gone rogue and worst of all
    french
    how consistently good can you be, Royd? quality and quantity is usually not something that combines easily
    Comes from considering your Servant ideas for a long time before writing them up I guess. This particular one I first came up with the general idea for at around 2017. And thanks for the feedback!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    Avenger Robespiere: Interesting servant his personality is really good modelated and makes sense , the rescuer or hero that became that what he once tried to defeat , the Egoistic Apotheosis skill lets him be really dangerous in a Grailwar and i asume that his Master would he highly endangered right ?

I could see that even Gilgamesh would be forced to utilize Ea if he wants to survive that Reality Marble .

Also here is the review with the Question.
    Marrok probably would recognize Fenris as a kindred spirit, but I imagine him asking why on earth he would still side with those "ungrateful humans" after everything he's been through.

- - - Updated - - -

Shirakatsi: Pretty good Servant that proves you can do ones that aren't super OP now and again. Even his reality-warping NP is suitably balanced to not be OP. His personality obviously isn't fleshed-out but I guess that's justified if you plan to keep some surprises in store for your Lostbelt...

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Baron Magnus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So many new sheets and all of them pretty good! Especially Bichio-Papao. That guy is flat out creepy after act 1.
    Rookie Lorekeeper, Amateur Extraordinaire, and all around nasunoob.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    We are having a flood of sheets before hitting 300 pages.

This is my first time making a servant as well as my first time posting, so don’t be too harsh on it lol, it’s nothing too ambitious or anything.

92E91C45-7A65-4C04-9B77-E9B54C27C74A.jpeg

Rider of Nothing

Class: Rider
    Other Qualifying Classes: Berserker, Foreigner, Caster
    Alignment: Lawful Mad
    Attribute: Earth?
    Arsenal: Eldritch Sigils, Revolver
    Card Setup: B/B/A/A/Q
    Traits: Divine, Demonic, Humanoid, Servant, Male, Threat to Humanity

Parameters
    Parameters

STR: B
    END: D+
    AGI: B
    MGI: C+++
    LCK: D
    NP: EX

Class Skills
    Class Skills

Riding A+

A skill denoting the ability to ride mounts and vehicles. All vehicles and all creatures up to the level of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast can be used as mounts. This does not apply to the sole exception of Dragon Kind, which requires a different ability other then Riding. Rider’s riding skill is at such a level that he does not even need to see what he is riding to ride it.

Magic Resistance C

Grants protection against magical effects. Relatively low magic resistance, but certainly not weak, cancelling spells with a chant below two verses. However he cannot defend against the effects of magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals.

Madness Enhancement E

A skill that raises basic parameters and strengthens one's physical abilities, but in exchange, the servants mind is warped and coherent thought becomes difficult. Due to possessing Madness Enhancement at such a low level, Rider’s ability to reason and think has not been hindered, even though it may seem so to an outsider, but the only benefits he gains from the skill are an ever so slight increase to Strength and Endurance.

Personal Skills
    Personal Skills

Homunculus A+

A skill denoting Rider as an existence created through alchemical experiments to produce a fully functioning life form without the use of a true womb, creating a being that could be considered a Magic Circuit in human form. The strength of this skill signifies that Rider is considered a perfect creation, possessing high-quality magic circuits and great ability as a vessel for a Divine Spirit.

Animal Communication (Hatred) C-

A skill given to those whose very presence causes beasts, both Phantasmal and not, to be silenced or even go rabid from fear. Rider possesses a moderately low rank in this skill, and as such it is only able to afflict mammals, birds and weak phantasmal species, other beasts are not effected by it at all.

Unnatural Ancestry EX

A skill belonging to a being whose body contains a link to a nameless, ancient, unfathomable, alien god. This skill grants effects similar to both Divinity and Existence Outside the Domain, as well mutating both his body and mind, granting him great resistance to physical and mental afflictions that his magic resistance cannot normally protect him from.

Identity
    Identity

Rider’s true name is Wilbur Whately, one of the main antagonists of H.P. Lovecraft’s story “The Dunwich Horror” and believed by most to be a completely fictional character.

Rider is a man of incomprehensible madness. His mind is a complete enigma to even the most analytical people, only those who share a similar madness will be able to properly communicate with him, with most regular minded people thinking that he is just spouting out random words from a completely made-up language. He is capable of speaking in normal tongues, but does it oh so rarely, and when he does, it’s usually only slightly less hard to decipher then normal. Rider has been known to completely ignore his master to do menial and utterly meaningless tasks for seemingly no reason, but in his mind it makes perfect sense.

Despite his general insanity, Rider is fiercely loyal to his Master, treating them like a family member, usually a little brother or sister for younger masters, and aunts and uncles for older ones, telling him not to refer to them as such only makes him do it more, it’s best to just roll with it. His loyalty to members of his family is so intense to the point he will completely ignore command seals if he believes he knows a better way to protect his master. Rider seems to especially like Masters who remind him of his “mother”.

While Riders madness is almost constant, there are occasions where he has been known to go sane, somehow these rare bouts of sanity are even more disturbing then his madness. Imagine one day you woke up with knowledge you cannot in anyway comprehend floating around in your mind, with the only way to save yourself from the horrors and existential nightmares is by going mad from revelation.

Even though he carries with him a revolver all the time, his accuracy leaves much to be desired, with the likelihood of hitting his intended target being abysmal at only one in every ten shots having a chance to hit, he seems especially bad with it when trying to shoot canines/canine-like creatures, even though he is usually insane, he dislikes when his shooting skills are insulted, sulking like an overgrown child.

His wish to the Holy Grail is to find out what happened to his mother on the day she disappeared.

His favourite food, as well as his brothers, is beef

Biography
    Biography

Believed to have been created somewhere between the years of A.D. 1690 - 1735 in the town of Dunwich, Massachusetts.

Wilbur, along with his beast-like brother were both created as a Homunculus from the blood of a human woman named Lavinia Whately, through the magic of Absalom Whately, her grandfather. Wilbur tends to call them “mother” and “Grandpapa” respectively. While he was created to be a vessel for their dark god, the god they called upon never even tried to manifest, yet their plan was considered successful, as he still possessed great magic ability from being touched by such a being, surpassing most modern mages.

Despite at first thinking of him as nothing but a tool, Lavinia grew affectionate towards her “son”, despite the protests of her grandfather, who remained distant, not really caring about him at all. He grew up quite quickly, appearing at least 15 years old and around 7 feet tall when he was only three years old, which is primarily the result of him being a Homunculus. Eventually Absalom died at the exceedingly ripe old age of 121, a sad and somber affair for Lavinia specifically. Two years later, at the age of 48, on the 31st of October, Lavinia disappeared, nobody knows what happened to her, not even Wilbur knew what happened to her, but this didn’t stop suspicion from growing around him.

Soon the townsfolk began to spread rumours about the lone Wilbur, how he killed his so called “mother” in a dark ritual, how he always held contempt and a venomous hatred of her. Wilbur chose to ignore their words at first, instead simply seeking to provide for himself and his monstrous brother.

Wilbur eventually decided he would fulfil the job he was created for, to summon the unknowable god into his body, but to do this he needed a specific page from the cursed tome known as the Necronomicon. Travelling to Miskatonic University, Cambridge and Widener libraries in search of a complete copy of such a book. Alas it was not to be, as while attempting to get a copy of the book he was killed….although by what….nobody knows, all that is known is that somehow dogs were involved.

His brother died soon after, as he was hunted down by a group of mages, revealed by a special magic powder and struck dead by a spell from the Necronomicon. It is unknown if the Whately’s were real live people, or if in fact they were merely the creations of a certain horror novelist, most mages believe the latter, although even they aren’t sure and there is some doubt, it seems that only Wilbur knows the answer, although the likelihood of him telling anyone is incredibly slim.

Noble Phantasm
    Noble Phantasm

The Awakening Begins, Come Forth My Dear Brother: Dunwich Horror

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 1-300
    Maximum Targets: 500

Though intended to be birthed as a singular being, something else was born from the persisting energy the Whately’s sought to awaken. This creature, his so called “Brother” is a being on the level of a Phantasmal or even Divine Beast, only hampered by the waning mana of the world. The bond between these brothers is both unshakable and eternal, not even the world itself being able to keep them apart from each other.

This Noble Phantasm is a crystallisation of the bond they share with each other, with it’s main function allowing Rider to bring forth his monstrous twin whenever he so desires. Upon proclaiming the True Name of his Noble Phantasm, a crushing presence will wash over the surrounding area like a tidal wave. Yet besides that, nothing seems to have changed and everything continues on as normal after an awkward silence……until Rider’s opponent is struck and sent flying by an unseen force, for you see, to the naked eye, Rider’s brother is completely invisible, a curse caused by the very world itself rejecting him. His true form is hard to describe, with every person that has seen it, either by possessing mystic eyes or specific magecraft, describing it differently, all that they are certain of is that one of his brother faces, of which he has at least two, shares a strange resemblance to the other Whately’s. The various descriptions that have mentioned him vary wildly, from saying he is a goat-like, scaled reptile, to saying he appears like a many tentacled centipede, the only thing that is agreed upon is, as stated before, how he shares an unnatural resemblance to the rest of the Whately’s.

In terms of physically prowess, the Dunwich Horror is generally considered to be a Phantasmal Beast on the level of a dragon, possibly higher, servants possessing endurance lower then a C+ can be killed by the Horror with a single well-placed strike, although with skills and Noble Phantasms not accounted for. His unseen nature only makes these attacks even more deadlier then they would usually be, as this plus his constantly changing form makes him completely unpredictable in a fight, the only way you can tell it’s even there is the strange smell that comes from him. The Horror, similarly to a servant, cannot be harmed by physical means, only magic possessing the capacity to harm it, and even then it can take quite a lot of punishment.

Personality wise, the Dunwich Horror, sometimes called Yog-Whately after his father, is a simple creature with a somewhat child-like mentality, it’s only desire is to eat, with it’s favourite food being cow meat, and help his family. It’s mind is much easier to comprehend then his brother and as such is also much easier to communicate with and understand.

Tome of the Mad Arab: Necronomicon

Type: Unknown
    Range: Unknown
    Maximum Targets: Unknown

A book of forbidden knowledge written by the Mad Arab, Abdul Alhazred, most who read this text go mad from the inhuman knowledge written on it’s many pages, very few copies of it exist and any that are found are usually burnt on sight by the Church.

In life, Rider sought the book as a way to summon his “father” into this corner of reality, but never managed to actually get his hands on it. This Noble Phantasm is merely a replica of the real thing, a crystallisation of his desire for it, possessing only a third of the Eldritch knowledge in the original, and as such it is much weaker then the real thing. It also is quite mana intensive, rapidly draining all the mana from the user and in the area on use.

Upon calling out it’s true name it’s true power is activated, although being a replica it is quite weaker then if it was wielded by someone who actually owned it. The first effect of this Noble Phantasm causes Riders already decent magical ability to increase by two ranks, all of his other parameters excluding luck also increase slightly. The secondary effect allows him to cast ancient spells he otherwise would not have access to, his favourite being a powerful attack that launches multiple purple coloured beams of burning energy at his enemy. If summoned as a Caster, this is his primary Noble phantasm, while his brother is his secondary.

“N'gai, n'gha'ghaa, bugg-shoggog, y'hah; Yog-Sothoth, Yog-Sothoth...”

Bond Craft Essence
    Bond CE

1745472D-36F2-4158-BE19-5DC68FFC8A18.jpeg

Song of the Whippoorwill

“It is vowed that the birds are psychopomps lying in wait for the souls of the dying, and that they time their eerie cries in unison with the sufferer's struggling breath If they can catch the fleeing soul when it leaves the body, they instantly flutter away chittering in daemonic laughter; but if they fail, they subside gradually into a disappointed silence…….but never once have I ever seen them flee in terror like they did that night…...”

Interactions
    Interactions

Abigail Williams

“Hm~Hm~….Why does it feel like someone is following me….”
    “………”
    “Ah….Oh it’s just you Wilbur……are you the one following me”
    “…..Sor-ry……..”
    “Oh I didn’t know you could talk normally…well is there something you need?”
    “You have a….famil-iar….something to you…..It makes me feel nostalgic……sorry, Ktha’gan Mo Rehingio”
    “Now that you mention it, something about your name also makes me feel familiar……hey I know how about we gets some pancakes and talk about this more! That sounds fun right!”
    “Yes….Thank…..You”

Caligula

“Uuuuuuuuhhhhhhhaaaaa….NEEEEEROOOOO”
    “Yal’gh mot’g faru kan’at ferrum”
    “UUUUUUUUUUUOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH”
    “Oh….okay”

Master/Mash

“Red, Futhu’gan, Drakonakis”
    “Senpai, it seems that Wilbur wants you for something…..although I still have no idea what he’s saying…..”
    “Murein’hara, Red Kafiu’kon”
    “Hmmm, I see…../interesting, very interesting” (dialogue choice)
    “Huh, wait, senpai you can understand him?”

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Can someone please call Sherlock Delrey i think there is a new case for him !?

joke aside a warm welcome Malacoda here a quite good (and creepy) servant profile i must say , i am not so well versed in the Forrreigner class related matters but it seems really good for a first servant
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Welcome!

Pretty good for your first time, I like his first NP a lot. Reminds me of Astolfo's Hippogriff.
    I don't like his second one too much though, getting a bunch of boosts and abilities from something he never had doesn't feel right.

A suggestion though: you should try to use the skills to actually tell us more about the Servant next time. Using the official description does give some air of legitimacy to the sheet (I do it too, though much smaller passages), but most of us have read these a hundred times over. It's more interesting to instead read about your Servant's use of the skill, or why they got it.

Blog Entries
    Rider of Nothing: For a first one, it's solid and well-put together. However as a note for improvement, try to include what qualifies your servant to have the skills and their rank and how they utilize it. Not a requirement but it helps give the sheet more life and adds to the character of the servant your making. Each time I've made a sheet the skills ended up dictating the direction of their characterization rather than me dictating a particular character except for one instance.

Blog Entries
    AN
    Spoiler:
    Someone mentioned wanting to see more Halloween servant sheets and I happened to, at that time, come across a particular fact. As I wrote, I gained some ideas and those culminated into this servant sheet. Originally, it was Mary Shelley but she was pointed out as being wholly useless to the sheet and she was also forgotten in Delrey's recent update... so I've elected to delete it wholesale. I will likely repost her as her own servant but that will be a different sheet entirely. Now for the main sheet.

Sources: miyumi, Zerochan.net. Zerochan.net, Pinterest.com. SERVICE TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE??? (Will update later)
    Class: Faker
    True Name: Edgar Allen Poe
    Origin: Historical Fact
    Alignment: Neutral-Evil
    Likes: Observing Human Behaviors, Poetry, the Macabre, and Ravens
    Dislikes: Creatures that are predators to humans
    Talents: Writing Poetry and Necromancy
    Other Classes: None
    Armaments: Pen, Parchment

Parameters

Spoiler:
    Str: E
    End: D
    Agi: D
    Mna: C
    Lck: B

Lore

Spoiler:
    Edgar Allen Poe is a renowned American poet during the early 1800s. He, along with Bram Stoker and Mary Shelley, set the standard for gothic writing of the century. He released many poems, a few of which became famous even today. His most famous work to date is the Raven. However despite his success he had a troubled life. Abandoned by his father, his mother dying early, then his falling out with his foster father, followed by the death of his foster mother, and finally failing at being an office cadet in the military. If that wasn’t harsh enough, he was given 13 years of reprieve when suddenly his wife would die due to tuberculosis. During this time, due to the focus of his novels, rumors floated around regarding his private activities. Then, at age 40, he died suddenly due to mysterious circumstances. Returned as a servant, his choice to deceive his master about his identity is confusing but ultimately forgiven since it was ultimately harmless and he seems allied with humanity due to his fascination with modern gothic works.

Class Skills

Spoiler:
    Masque of the Red Death: B
    A skill unique to the servant Edgar Allen Poe. It acts as a stronger form of Camouflage. Wherein not only may he alter parameters and skills, he may even assume a new identity so long as he has a proper catalyst to do so. In order to do so, he need merely perform a summoning ritual but the end result will instead involve him subsuming the identity of the chosen individual. At this particular rank, he can subsume the identity so long as the ruse isn’t discovered. If it is, he must burn prana to activate a skill hidden within this one; Information Erasure at C rank in order to maintain his new form; However there is a flaw with this skill. It cannot be used twice on the same person. Further, the alterations he makes to himself cannot ever reach above B-rank and cannot have more than 2 B-rank skills. The Noble Phantasm must also be based on one of his skills.

Appreciation of the Arts: C
    A skill that denotes a servant's appreciation of the arts. At this rank, they have a solid chance of uncovering the true name that owns a noble phantasm that they witness that has artistic roots, origins, or otherwise is simply related.

Territory Creation: -
    While he has a small ability to create territories, he must physically occupy and assemble it. Additionally, it provides no defenses or bonuses beyond what he may be able to physically construct (Tripwire+Shotgun for example). According to him, he has this skill so that he may create a suitable environment for writing, a bit like Shakespeare but with no relevance to combat.

Personal Skills

Spoiler:
    The Cask of Amontillado: C
    A skill that acts as a cursed version of Territory Creation. When he creates a territory, which cannot be any larger than an average apartment, he must set three specific conditions. First, the method of ensnarement. Second, the length of time of the ensnarement. Finally, the trigger for the ensnarement. Upon all three being decided and interlaced into the bounded field that forms his workshop, he then must abscond and leave. The next person to activate the trigger of the Territory becomes trapped and is drained wholly of their Od, which is then funneled to him. Magical resistance of C-rank or higher is sufficient to nullify this Territory once activated. However, casters of sufficient training can easily unravel this skill before they are in any danger, especially those from the age of the gods.

The Tell-Tale Heart: C
    A skill that acts similar to Aptitude for Slaughter but also acts akin to Mental Pollution with a small difference between the two. He must willingly activate this skill and once he does he must decide a length of time for it to be active. Once done so and once his enemy is picked he will pursue the death of that enemy at great length. He can pick any amount of time he desires and for this time his parameters gain a rank for the duration. The weakness of this skill is quite obvious, until it is deactivated he will pursue the death of his enemy even at great cost to himself.

The Raven: C
    A skill that has a twofold effect; It allows him to create familiars with which he may enact his Curse Arts through. A simple effect that occurs irregardless of his intent is that any servant or magus within a 10 meter vicinity of the raven finds their skills and mana parameter that he does not consider an ally degraded by a rank. He can enact future curse arts through this familiar too. Magic Resistance of C-rank or higher is sufficient to nullify the passive effect of this skill.

Personality

Spoiler:
    Is a very quiet, contemplative individual. Despite being an artist he often gravitates towards philosophers more such as Plato or Socrates. This is due to his love of human behavior and desire to observe it. As he explains it, his poems and stories were often philosophical if macabre. Whenever he becomes inspired, he will try to end whatever obligations he has and retreat to his atelier to write. Despite his vast experience and love of writing, he refuses to publish any new material nor allow others to, being satisfied with merely sharing his writings among colleagues, although he admits he does so out of principle and is waiting for a chance at a second life so he may begin again. An odd fact about his personality is despite his love of human behavior, he seems to find interacting with humans to be difficult. Often he will be straight to the point and attempt to leave conversations quickly. This is due to his inability to socialize properly. Further, he has a deeper affection for the macabre, viewing works like The Scream to be masterpieces.

Interactions

Spoiler:
    Fujimaru
    “Hello, master. Servant Faker here. I am Edgar Allen Poe. I hope a humble poet like me may assist your grand endeavors”

Sherlock Holmes
    “Hmmmm... one of the most infamous literary detectives... I wonder how great his deductive skill is.... hmmm? Did... is he noticing me here?"

Jack the Ripper
    “Oh my… the infamous butcher of london was no more than a mere child…? How fascinating… I must watch her more. I wonder what drove her to base murder…”

Medea
    “The infamous witch of betrayal?... hmmm, she’s nothing like I imagined… how fascinating”

Antonio Saleirie
    “Ah, the eternal nemesis of Mozart… hmmm… how deep does his hatred run….?”

William Shakespeare
    “The Bard of Avon… obsessed with writing eh? I never would have guessed… but then, I have no room to speak, no?”

Angra Mainyu
    “Such a pitiable existence… what a muse I’ve found….”

Mash Kyrelight
    “.... A human who lacks humanity… hmmm… what a perfect guardian for them….”

Hassan-i-Sabbah
    “Oh how low the fallen fall… what a delightful tragedy”

Abigail Williams
    *Turns and flee on sight*

Noble Phantasm

Spoiler:
    William Wilson
    Your Sins Manifest, Be Thine Own Foe!

Type: Summoning

A Noble Phantasm that represents one of his most terrifying and personal poems, William Wilson, is crystalized here. It cannot be activated without its true name being activated. Even this however has a condition to execute. Edgar Poe must physically observe a particular servant for no less than a week. In that time, he must have a clear idea of who the servant is and their true name. Once this is accomplished, he may activate this Noble Phantasm's true name and its abilities. The primary ability of this Noble Phantasm is to create a doppelganger of a servant using whatever they feel guilt, remorse, or acknowledge as wrong as the basis. For example, James Moriarty may not feel remorseful or guilty about what he did in fiction, but he may acknowledge them as ‘Wrong’ by societal terms. This alone would be sufficient to serve as a basis for the creation of a counter-servant James Moriarty. While their skills and parameters cannot exceed their originals by more than a rank with a negative modifier, and usually are downgraded, this only applies to the latter category. The first two determine the overall strength of the doppelganger with strong guilt or remorse (or both) serving to make the doppelganger stronger. Further, all doppelgangers have a noble phantasm that either cancels out or twists their originals noble phantasm (For example, an Artoria Doppel will have a Noble Phantasm that twists around Excalibur while shaving off some of both attacks power in order to score a direct hit).

However there are three fatal flaws with this noble phantasm; First the target must be capable of feeling emotions. Secondly, the amount of prana burnt is determined by the target's power, with stronger servants requiring him to rest for a few days after summoning their doppelganger. While he still needs to maintain the doppelganger, this requirement is equivalent to a master and so the chances of a doppel unmanifesting due to lack of prana is low. As a note, due to the method employed in creating the Doppel, destroying Edgar is actually inefficient as similar to a servant the master of Edgar can form a contract with the doppel since, despite not being a servant, they are still very much a familiar-class entity. These are all the baseline effects of The Outsider. However another, more horrifying effect occurs if it should triumph over its original. In this case the Doppelganger will proceed to devour the prana of their original and replace their noble phantasm with their originals. Further, they gain a rank in all parameters and skills. After this an effect akin to Information Erasure occurs but instead of erasing information it subverts and alters it. They effectively take the place of the servant in the Master-Servant relationship prior. While they become bound to the enemy master's command spells, the Doppelganger has a resistance to them inherently. It is unknown the purpose for this beyond acting as a trojan horse, but in some cases the Doppelganger will be wholly loyal to their new master and fight Edgar Allen Poe with all they have. It is truly a mystifying Noble Phantasm that represents his poem William Wilson. However, a different effect occurs upon its defeat. It will burn its remaining prana to fill the area with a poisonous miasma that infects all prana it touches. This infection does no damage to servants, unless they have a weakness to poison, but instead applies a negative modifier to their parameters and skills for the next week. Magus and Humans are likely to die quickly unless they have their Od cleansed.

“... Ah, master, Sherlock, how can I help you?”
    “.... A question, Poe if you will… specifically regarding your Noble Phantasm”
    “Oh? What about it?”
    “I was just curious about it. After it seems rather… Macabre”
    “Indeed… but I suppose that’s how it goes. William Wilson was written as a murderer….”
    “Perhaps… but it’s quite… different. A character portraying Wilson is not found. After all, not every servant is evil. Rather, they are often heroic… odd that”
    “.... Why?”
    “.... Are regrets really an admittance of guilt? Of Remorse? Isn’t it simply a wish to have done better?”
    “.... Your point, holmes?”
    “I’m saying that you’ve mislead us about what it does. I must wonder, is it just that detail… or more? After all, if you truly loved human behavior, you’d know there is a difference”
    “... I-I do. It just seemed abysmal to describe my power as simply feeding on the regrets of servants-”
    “Feeding…? They feed off their regret?”.
    “!?”
    “Funny, it wasn’t even me that pointed this contradiction out. Ritsuka here was the one who sniffed it out. I simply assumed the technicians misheard you”

“.... I underestimated you…. Fine. Enough of this charade… Though know that I do this out of love for Humanity”

Sources: Legendarykuroo, BungouStrayDogs.Fandom.Com. Probably-some-goat, Tumbgir.com. Redbubble.net.
    Class: Pretender
    True Name: H.P. Lovecraft
    Origin: Historical Fact, Urban Myth
    Alignment: Lawful-Evil
    Dislikes: the Unknown, Forbidden Knowledge
    Talents: Studying the Occult and Terrifying Humans.
    Other Classes: Caster, Berserker, Saver, Foreigner, or Moon Cancer
    Armaments: Magecraft (Alien)
    Catalyst: Replica Necronomican, Original Manuscript of ‘The Call of Cthulhu’, or [REDACTED].

Paramters

Spoiler:
    Str: D
    End: D
    Agi: C
    Mna: B
    Lck: A

Lore

Spoiler:
    A man who created the modern pantheon called ‘the Cthulhu Mythos’, it originally simply went by the title ‘the Mythos’. Early on in his career he was considered a weird, odd, but otherwise normal man who plied his trade as a storywriter. So horrifying, so effective at troubling the imaginations of men that he became famous very quickly and by his fifth book was a household name. When one speaks of writing cosmic horror, he is often credited as being the father of the Genre, even if he isn’t the first to write about it. So effective was he at his trade that his setting would live on, becoming adopted and free to use in the greater market. Yet for all his success, terrible character flaws were present. Specifically, his unfortunate, perhaps even repulsive, views on race and class. Many ‘good guys’ in his works were learned white men while many of the ‘cultists’ were diverse, or in some cases flat out black, people. While this was written off as mere racism and classism, a deeper dive would show that the motivations behind these prejudices simply was a base fear of anything he did not know, as stated by Lovecraft himself.

Yet these are merely the public facts about the man. There is a much deeper evil at play and he is at the heart of it. When he found the Book of Thoth, which had been entrusted to his family long ago, he discovered things he shouldn’t have and became horrified. His life then became an exercise in trying to warn humanity at large about their threat while trying to remain being seen as sane, deciding to alert people through the form of literature. As time went on he was hunted by agents of the evil gods but through magecraft he learned from the book he thwarted their attempts to end his life or silence him. However as time went on it became more clear that no one was listening. Distraught by this, he eventually sought the answer as to why and that night he had a dream. In that dream he made contact with Yog-Sothoth and refused a deal. However, the contact was enough to inform him that Yog-Sothoth knew of what he possessed and desired it. He was, as a result, forced to part from it for the sake of humanity. Normally, this alone would not turn one into an agent. After all, he had rebuked them. However this limited contact made the rest aware of him. Various attempts were made to recruit him and over time one cult succeeded; the cult of Azathoth. From there, an idea formed in his head. A way to save humanity from both itself and these evil gods. It involved Azathoth, the Blind Idiot God. The idea was simple. If everyone lived in Blissful Ignorance, then these gods would never again be able to touch the psyches of humanity. Thus, the Pretender Servant H.P. Lovecraft was born.

Class Skills

Spoiler:
    Anti-Human Order: C
    Despite his love for humanity he is still allied and operates as an agent of those crystalized evils the outer gods. As such, he has this skill at a high rank, but not what it would be for an agent (A++). At this rank, it acts akin to a mental interference skill with any being that possesses the Man attribute causing them to fall into depravity. In his case, all humans around him become incapable of perceiving things contradictory to their personal worldview and goals. However, unlike most that possess this skill, he himself is not immune to it, merely resistant. Thus he lives in a half-state of ignorance. He can perceive things that are incompatible, unnecessary, or otherwise contradictory to his desires and goals but he automatically rationalizes it and ignores the impediment or attempts to subvert it.

Existence Outside the Domain: C*
    A skill that signifies his connection to his evil patron Azathoth the Blind Idiot God. Due to the nature of the god his connection to the main entity is extremely low. However a part that was successfully summoned grafted itself onto his saint graph, permanently creating a pseudo-connection to it. As a result he can access an Authority of Azathoth in the form of being able to warp people's perceptions or as he calls them ‘Waking Dreams’. Effectively, he can create high-grade illusions that cannot be resisted through Magic Resistance-type skills. However skills that interfere with Mental Interference, like Mental Pollution, act as a form of resistance or immunity instead.

Divinity: C
    Due to his possession of a piece of Azathoth he has a level of divinity. He has moderate piercing bonuses when attempting to bypass faith-based protections and gains a moderate defensive boon from the divinity he has acquired. Due to it not being his own, it is at a lower rank than it normally would be.

Personal Skills

Spoiler:
    Magecraft (Alien): C
    An alien form of magecraft he learned from the Book of Thoth, it would normally be a lower rank but due to his official entry into the cult of Azathoth he learned how to properly perform this method. He refuses to teach others but it seems to have small amounts of multiple practices and theories weaved within. Due to its alien nature, learning the technique or gaining it from skills are nearly impossible without a high rank. Further skills like Cancellation of Magecraft and Magic Resistance act with a negative modifier against it. However even alien it still relies on magical energy and so these skills are effective in nullifying it.

The Book of Thoth (False): C*
    A memory of the book of destiny, an ancient relic from ancient sumeria. Called the Book of Thoth, after the ancient Egyptian god of all knowledge, remnants of its contents persist in his memory. On a successful luck check, he gains the effects of Eye of the Mind (True), Eye of the Mind (False), and Clairvoyance at C rank for 3 minutes. However due to the imperfection of the memory, enemies are also entitled to a luck check and if successful they become immune to the skill for an amount of time dictated by their luck parameter (1 week for E rank plus 1 week each rank above).

Familiars (Horrors): B
    A skill that denotes his ability to create familiars to operate on his behalf. Under normal circumstances, this skill is impossible. Yet with his particular set of circumstances and abilities it is entirely within the realm of possibility. When utilized he can use one of two methods; He may produce familiars from his own prana or he may utilize an already existing lifeform to form his familiars. If the former method has occurred, he must use a physical medium to do so. This can be anything from merely a strand of hair, his blood, or even his own limbs and organs. While he can recover from these, the more severe the injury the more prana he requires to heal. However the better the material he offers the better the familiar. From merely alien insects to Bifrons he can summon all manner of horror from the realms his dream visions explored with the power of the Book of Thoth. To be clear, anything that is not a serious loss, such as hair, produce weak bugs that even magus of ill repute can defeat easily while a severe loss, such as a limb, will produce a Bifrons-equivalent familiar which possess skills of at least C-rank and have parameters no lower than D-rank. If using the latter method however then it depends on the quality of the creature sacrificed. If using merely rodents then it will summon nothing less powerful than overgrown magical spiders. However if humans are used they will produce at least one Bifrons and another familiar slightly above the spider familiars. The latter method also requires much less prana to use than the former method, since the former method requires summoning and healing himself as well.

Personality

Spoiler:
    He was a troubled man before his experiences. He held views that today are considered problematic, particular in terms of race and class. However, his later views were compounded and worsened by the paranoia and knowledge he obtained from the Book of Thoth. As time went on and he encountered the agents more, his views and opinions warped more and more and this bled into his writings more. However, things have changed now that he is a servant. He lacks these completely and refuses to acknowledge his prior stance at all. Further, he seems completely oblivious he was ever controversial in the first place. However, the reasons are obvious. He has been thoroughly corrupted by his association with Azathoth and now lives in a state of ignorance, incapable of acknowledging or perceiving anything that might trouble him. Further he works to spread this ignorance to anyone he can, whether they are willing or not. Generally, those that resist too much are killed by him as ‘impediments to enlightenment’. He truly is too far gone to be saved. However he is not relentless in his pursuit of this goal; merely focused. He will deviate from it and take breaks to indulge himself in his favorite pastime, exploring new discoveries by humanity to fuel his imagination for new fiction and writing new fiction. Depending on the strength of the inspiration, he may spend mere minutes writing or entire weeks to it. He does at least one book per break which happens roughly once every couple of months. During this time, while he can be interrupted it is ill advised as it may cause him to decide to abandon his project and begin pursuit of his goal.

Interactions

Spoiler:
    Fujimaru
    “Come now master… throw away your struggle. Embrace blissful ignorance. Forget the pains brought about by forbidden knowledge.”

Sherlock Holmes
    “You… I will defeat you now. You will be an issue later, man of ‘Reason’. ”

Jean-Baptiste Alliette
    “Jean-Baptiste…. The one who gave my family that ancient tome… I thank you. Were it not for you, I’d not have attained ‘Purpose’.”

William Shakespeare
    “A fine poet you are… your poems encapsulate all I strive for perfectly… now, won’t you aid me in bringing Ignorance to humanity, man of ‘Folly’?”

Nikola Tesla
    “Ah… the king of electricity himself. A pleasure… oh, I’m not anyone in particular… merely one fascinated by advancement”

Merlin
    “.... Oh? A resident of the Dream World… so close to them... how have you avoided their gaze there for so long…? No matter… I see you now”

Salome
    “... So macabre… if I didn’t know better, I’d say you were a fellow agent of them… yet I know you are not. Still, your art is quite beautiful”

Noble Phantasm

Spoiler:

Book of Azathoth
    Forbidden Summoning Ritual: Contract of the Blind Ignorance

Type: Summoning

A powerful noble phantasm that crystalizes a key focus of his Mythos; contracts with the unknowable that always result in calamity for humanity as well as the futility of resistance to the cosmic. Works such as Nyarlathotep, Shadow Over Innsmouth, and the Call of Cthulhu showcase these facts perfectly. This noble phantasm manifests as a black book bound in an unknown fabric made of materials not found on earth inked with indeterminable substances. The book is filled with names he has managed to trick others into signing. While their name persists in the book he has control over them in a manner similar to a master exerting control over a servant with a command spell. Further, a section is devoted to people he knows have signed the book, from outer gods themselves to humans that the Night Man tricked into signing. The purpose of this is for when he activates its true name. Before then it is more or less useless. Also, while the book cannot teleport people he can compel them to act quickly and navigate towards him at any cost as well as empower them remotely to do so. Due to the book merely being a conduit, he must use his own prana to fuel these compulsions. Once a name is signed to the book, it cannot be removed even through skills such as Information Erasure or other similar skills.

Once it’s true name is activated, its true power reveals itself. He gains new familiars to summon, based on the section that he cannot alter and those who have signed he cannot control. For example, several individuals have signed it and among them are some magus from the Age of Gods. He can summon familiars equal in power to these individuals. Likewise, there are several outer gods that dance in Azathoth court. While he cannot even summon aspects of them he can summon their minions as familiars. The methods behind these summonings are simple, he must sacrifice a number of names equivalent to the power of the minion he is attempting to summon. A single regular human unaware of the Moonlit World will not produce nearly enough prana to summon even a shadow of one of the wizards that signed eternal servitude to Azathoth. However roughly 100 humans are enough to do so. However a magus of moderate quality will produce a servant-class familiar of one of those who consigned to Azathoth eternally. Additionally, he may also gain any skill he desires from this book by forming a connection with the ones in the book. However he must sacrifice one of the names he has inscribed to these entities. Effectively, it works very similar to an EX-ranked Inherent Wisdom skill that requires a sacrifice before utilization. Should he run out of names, this Noble Phantasm seals itself until he acquires at least 5. These individuals can be servants, magus, humans, or even phantasmal creatures so long as it was not forced to do so against its will.

AN

Spoiler:
    Boy was this a really fun one to write. It was a bit monstrous too as I ended up reading several works of both Edgar Allen Poe and HP Lovecraft himself. Still, it was fun. HP Lovecraft was actually the hardest to do because I changed his entire concept when he was originally nearly finished. I hope you enjoy reading as it's the last pretender i'm doing for a while. I'm aiming to explore other classes after this one.

Note: In regards to the third image used in the last sheet, I can't find it again and all I was able to do was find that it came from that site listed. I can't even find the site itself so... yeah. Take it as you will.
    Last edited by Baron Magnus; November 11th, 2021 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Fixing the sheet to be better.

I'm a peaceful woman with bad intentions. Lady Vanatos's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Bicho-Papao: If this sheet was apart of an monthly contest than I would rank it 1st or 2nd place. An extremely based sheet that does everything it needs to and excels at it and something I can totally see in FGO legitimately.
    Current FGO setup

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    You could also adapt that “pseudo-short story” format for your own sheets.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    "Shelley"/"Poe"/Lovecraft: Not a fan of the layered identities in this one. I think Fakers/Pretenders work best when the fake identity says something about their real personality or when they're more clearly acting out a role. Here it just feels like three somewhat related Servants stuffed into one Container. To nitpick one example, the part of Shelley's personality that says she'd fly into a rage to the point of destroying herself if her husband's heart were harmed. That's a fine bit of flavor for the real Shelley but if it's actually Poe/Lovecraft playing the role it's weird to me they'd be so committed as to self-destruct and lose the chance to fulfill their real goal.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Spammin Spiff's Avatar
    Shelly/Poe/Lovecraft:
    I honestly find this quite interesting. I do disagree with Royd though on one fact, Lovecraft disguising himself as Poe honestly makes a lot of sense since Poe was someone Lovecraft really looked up to, in fact Lovecraft referred to Poe once as "the God of Fiction". I do feel the connection with Shelly though is quite vague between Poe other than the fact that they wrote around the same era. I also agree with Royd though that the three sheets together aren't totally streamlined for the same reasons he gave though. I honestly think even just a sheet with Lovecraft as a Pretender or Faker with probably Poe as his "fake" identity would've streamed together better than all three. All together though, I find each of the three sheets to be good individually, but could be better as a whole.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Bicho-Papćo/Infanticida: Love to see something so familiar so seamlessly weaved into major Nasu concepts. I also really like the mirroring on the two sides of sheet. I noticed tho that the Infanticida side has a music link while the Papćo side doesn't. I believe this is the track you were looking for for it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    "Shelley"/"Poe"/Lovecraft: Not a fan of the layered identities in this one. I think Fakers/Pretenders work best when the fake identity says something about their real personality or when they're more clearly acting out a role. Here it just feels like three somewhat related Servants stuffed into one Container. To nitpick one example, the part of Shelley's personality that says she'd fly into a rage to the point of destroying herself if her husband's heart were harmed. That's a fine bit of flavor for the real Shelley but if it's actually Poe/Lovecraft playing the role it's weird to me they'd be so committed as to self-destruct and lose the chance to fulfill their real goal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spammin Spiff View Post
    Shelly/Poe/Lovecraft:
    I honestly find this quite interesting. I do disagree with Royd though on one fact, Lovecraft disguising himself as Poe honestly makes a lot of sense since Poe was someone Lovecraft really looked up to, in fact Lovecraft referred to Poe once as "the God of Fiction". I do feel the connection with Shelly though is quite vague between Poe other than the fact that they wrote around the same era. I also agree with Royd though that the three sheets together aren't totally streamlined for the same reasons he gave though. I honestly think even just a sheet with Lovecraft as a Pretender or Faker with probably Poe as his "fake" identity would've streamed together better than all three. All together though, I find each of the three sheets to be good individually, but could be better as a whole.
    Thank you for the critique. I originally was going to just do Foreigner HP Lovecraft but found him boring and then found his tie to edgar allen poe. Then after reading the Tell-Tale Heart, by sheer chance, I came across that fact about Merry Shelley. the keeping her husbands heart in a silk bag thing. It was such a creepy, abnormal thing that I couldn't help but add her too.

That said the flaws you both point are are valid. I'll rework the sheets and hopefully get done before halloween. I think i'll remove shelley as the ties with her are tenuous at best honestly... and while Poe will need a reworking that's more adapting his works into skills which was something I had fun doing. It actually works better this way as I can save Mary Shelley as a seperate servant entirely without the restraint of being tied to poe/lovecraft. Thanks again!

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Vanatos View Post
    Bicho-Papao: If this sheet was apart of an monthly contest than I would rank it 1st or 2nd place. An extremely based sheet that does everything it needs to and excels at it and something I can totally see in FGO legitimately.
    Thanks a ton!

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Bicho-Papćo/Infanticida: Love to see something so familiar so seamlessly weaved into major Nasu concepts. I also really like the mirroring on the two sides of sheet.
    It's great to see so many people enjoying him. I actually first conceptualized him after your explanation on Devils and Surtr back when LB2 was released in NA, so I really should be thanking you for this one.

I noticed tho that the Infanticida side has a music link while the Papćo side doesn't. I believe this is the track you were looking for for it.
    That's fucking incredible.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    dammit I still have the whole page to read, good thing I already know of Koga's caster from months ago

also, yesterday I noticed and started wondering
    wtf is up in Brazil? Wyvern, WF, Comun, pinetree, i think I missed another Brazilian here even
    You all eat Talent for breakfast or something there?
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Welcome!

Pretty good for your first time, I like his first NP a lot. Reminds me of Astolfo's Hippogriff.
    I don't like his second one too much though, getting a bunch of boosts and abilities from something he never had doesn't feel right.

A suggestion though: you should try to use the skills to actually tell us more about the Servant next time. Using the official description does give some air of legitimacy to the sheet (I do it too, though much smaller passages), but most of us have read these a hundred times over. It's more interesting to instead read about your Servant's use of the skill, or why they got it.
    Okay I think I get it, thanks for the feedback, I’ll try to explain why they got their skills if I can, and I’ll attempt to give them NP’s that make a bit more concrete sense

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 09:11 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    That's fucking incredible.
    I was almost sure the song was an inspiration for the sheet because they follow the same format, with the first verse listing childish fears (apparitions and tale monsters including bicho-papćo himself) and the second verse throwing the same structure replacing them with more adult fears like police brutality and shootings, which is not what Infanticida is about but I could see some mixed ideas from it.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    So that’s what you were working on huh? I was betting that you were going to finish indrajit first but I also really like this.