Page 316 of 620 FirstFirst ... 216266306311314315316317318321326366416 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,320 of 12396

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    A lot of those people exercise their talents in the RP forum, where character creation skills have a relatively speaking high pay-off, I suppose.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Spammin Spiff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    A lot of those people exercise their talents in the RP forum, where character creation skills have a relatively speaking high pay-off, I suppose.
    The what?

Blog Entries
    They still do. They just have better outlets now. Also they have ascended beyond just making shitty sheets to actually write fanfics, RPs, Quests, etc.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    That's not really a relevant question.

Koga and Nine's dynamic is funny, yes, but after so many requests to stop, both from the parties involved and from third parties, things cross into harassment territory. And that's not even getting into the aggravating factor of one of them being 13 and the other being 25.

Let me say thank you for ending this Farce.
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    a dire loss for us casuals here, i suppose
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    my babies have grown up

Blog Entries
    All right
    Time to ship vanatos and nitty next
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I’m fairly sure that vanatos is actually a lesbian.

(Given some of the sussy comments she had made)

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Now, now, let's not get sidetracked again so soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    All right
    Time to ship vanatos and nitty next

Blog Entries
    Caster of the Hellish Court
    -- Trusted Advisor of the Underworld Judge --

"Greetings, magus. Servant Caster, Ono no Takamura of the Heian Court, has been summoned at your request. I am but a humble poet and court official. However- eh? Wait, is this not... the underworld? Is Lord Enma... not here?"
    "Heh... Heheh... AHAHAHAH, SUCK IT, YOU SLAVE DRIVER! I'M FREE AT LAST! FREAKING FINALLY! Yes, yes, you have my utmost gratitude for letting me out of that literal godforsaken hellhole at last! Now then! I can't recall the last time I set foot outside my office! Maybe I should stretch my legs a bit and see how much the world has changed during my absence. I'd like to visit my hometown and- What was that? The Human Order has been annihilated and you need my help to fix it?"
    "ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!?Tell me, who's responsible for all this!? I'd like to give them a piece of my mind for ruining my long-awaited vacation. Hopefully I'd still get at least a few weeks' worth of leisure and sightseeing after all of this concludes..."

Source

His older form, if summoned as a Ruler

"Eh? You're asking why the esteemed herald of Lord Enma is casually laying around in your room while munching a bag of chips like this? Well, first of all, let me get this straight; I am the one and only Ono no Takamura, Royal Councillor to Emperor Saga and advisor to Lord Enma, Judge of the Eight Hells. I'm not one of those Fakers or Pretenders that have been popping up frequently as of late. It's just that... a few centuries' worth of unpaid, 24/7 labor is enough to break even the strongest of men, so you'll let me have this one, right?"

Class: Caster
    Other Classes: Ruler

True Name: Ono no Takamura
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Origin: Japan (9th century)

Parameters:

STR: E
    END: B
    AGI: D
    MGI: A
    LCK: B
    NP: A

Likes: Vacations, recreation, poetry, wordplay, sightseeing
    Dislikes: Unpaid labor, his boss, paperwork
    Talent: Writing, persuasion, calligraphy
    Natural Enemy: Emperor Saga, Enma Daio, Ono no Komachi
    Armament: Book, quill, magecraft
    Catalyst: A stone from a certain sealed well in Chinno-ji, Kyoto

Class Skills
    Territory Creation (C)

The ability to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus, such as for the purpose of collecting mana. Allows the construction of an office, which is equivalent to a slightly larger workshop. Here, he may organize his files and plan his actions accordingly.

"I do wonder if this is some kind of passive-aggressive message from Lord Enma. Something like 'you can't leave your office! If anything, you have to bring your office with you!' Yes, that sounds like the type of 'prank' he'd pull. Oh, I can hear his boisterous laughter from here, and it's giving me a headache..."

Item Construction (B+)

As a mage, Caster can create a wide array of implements, including medicines, concoctions, weapons, familiars, and more. He can also imbue a small portion of Enma's authority into these items, granting them additional effects such as protection against curses or increased chance of inflicting instant death.

"Eh? Really now? You're making me work again? Sheesh, I guess it can't be helped. I do know a thing or two on the topic of magecraft, but can't you give me a break every now and then? What does it take for an old man to have some peace and quiet over here..."

Divinity (D-)

The measure of whether one has Divine Spirit aptitude or not. As a close associate of the Hell-King Enma, Caster is blessed with a tiny fraction of his divinity. However, under this particular Class, he has chosen to suppress this Skill's effects, considerably reducing its effectiveness.

"Divinity? What's that? I possess no such Skill. I'm just your average office worker on vacation, after all. There's no reason for anyone to worship me now, is there? Besides, I sure don't want to tip off my location to Lord Enma by flaunting my divinity for all to see. If you want to see me on the job, go summon me as a Ruler or something."

Personal Skills
    ​Verse of the Great Poet (B)

A Skill similar to High-Speed Incantation, allowing Caster to write at an accelerated speed, but in order to use it, he must also "speak" in some form. An accomplished poet, linguist, calligrapher, and master of wordplay, a number of Caster's works were featured in the Ogura Hyakunin Isshu, a collection of poetry penned by one hundred of the Heian era's finest poets. This talent seems to run in the family, as his granddaughter was also a renowned poet who contributed to the Hyakunin Isshu.

"I may have gotten a bit rusty on that front. A few centuries worth of monotone desk job tends to do that to a man. Even so, I do write a few verses from time to time, just to keep me sane. Ah, this reminds me of a little puzzle the Emperor gave me once. Did you know that the old character 'ko' (子) can be read in at least four different ways? You can read it as 'ko', 'ne', 'shi', and 'ji'. If you rearrange these characters together, you can write a complete sentence using only one repeated character! Isn't that cool!? Of course, if you remove this one line here, you'll get a different meaning entirely, which- oh, my apologies, this may sound boring to you. Lost in translation and all that. This will be important later on, though!"

Hole to the Other Side (EX)

It was said that the man known as Ono no Takamura led two lives; by day, he served Emperor Saga in the court of the living, while by night, he served the Hell-King Enma Daio in the court of the dead. He commuted between these two workplaces via a mysterious well that connected our world to the Reverse Side, allowing him to traverse between the two realms freely. While the physical form of this well had long been sealed, its connection to Caster's legend has sublimated it into a spell he could use. Upon its activation, the world would treat him as "being on the other side"; his presence would be greatly weakened, while he could phase through corporeal objects with ease. The downside, of course, is that he could not interact with most objects in this state. Those with the ability to sense phantasmal creatures may also have an easier time sensing his presence.

"A man who went to hell and back every night... it sounds like an amazing tale, don't you think so? That's what I thought at first, yet as time went on, even the most outlandish of jobs would feel mundane. Boring, even. Well, if anything, commute wasn't so bad back then. Of course, I occasionally ran into some stray phantasmal beasts on the way to my office every now and then, but I suppose we all have our challenges. You have traffic, and I had some youkai trying to eat me alive. Ahaha, cool and normal, am I right? Boy I looove working in the underworld! Everything's so nice and comfy that we employees don't need things like wages, vacations, or, well... basic safety regulations! We may be dead, but it's not like we can't feel pain, dammit!"

Enma's Blessings (A)

A small portion of Enma Daio's authority over the underworld, bestowed upon Caster's Saint Graph as one of the Hell-King's closest associates. It provides a variety of effects, including an enhancement to Caster's magecraft abilities, an extra damage modifier towards phantasmal creatures and evil-aligned enemies, the ability to summon and command low-ranking oni as familiars, and resistance against instant death and similar curses bearing concepts from the underworld (Hel, Tartarus, Naraka, Diyu, etc.).

"I-Is this really it..? The legendary 'paid leave' that I've only heard of in my wildest dreams!? I... I never thought something like this could actually happen! Sure, there are times where I'd like to go on strike and skip work for a few days to give Lord Enma a piece of my mind, but doing so while your job involves helping him with his judgment and organizing paperwork containing who lives and dies in the human world, well... that would most likely result in disastrous consequences for all of us! Anyway, I'd honestly prefer to spend my paid leave in a cushy hot springs resort somewhere. Then again, the mere fact that he allowed me to manifest as a Servant to leave my office and gave me a portion of his authority so that I don't get immediately killed upon stepping foot outside the underworld... well, I suppose that's a start, if nothing else."

Noble Phantasm(s)
    Verse of the Twelve Children
    Juu ni no Kodomo

"All right, class is in session. Writing, as with other means of communication, is filled with intent, be it to heal or to hurt. That said, the thing about writing is that there are countless ways to interpret them. A single stroke of the brush creates a thousand meanings, and that doesn't account for differences in culture, language, context, and more. Allow me to give you a demonstration... Verse of the Twelve Children; 'the child of a cat is a kitten, the child of a lion a cub''"

Type: Anti-Unit, Anti-Army
    Range: 1-100
    Max Targets: -

As a Councillor for the esteemed Emperor Saga, Caster made a number of powerful enemies within the royal court. One of them managed to trap him into committing a certain offense that turned the Emperor against him. Threatened with the death penalty, Caster begged the Emperor for a chance to prove his innocence. After much consideration, the Emperor came up with a challenge for the Councillor, drawing upon the latter's reputation as a poet and linguist. He asked the Councillor to read a row of twelve characters for "child" ("子子子子子子子子子子"), thinking that such a nonsensical string of characters could not be interpreted as a proper sentence. After some thought, Caster responded with "neko no ko koneko, shishi no ko kojishi" ("The child of a cat is a kitten, the child of a lion a cub"), using different variant readings of the singular character. The Emperor was so amused by this display that he declared Caster innocent and instead punished his enemy for raising false charges.

This Noble Phantasm represents Caster's conceptual ability to "reinterpret" and "redirect" things. In the originating incident, he reinterpreted each character to form a different meaning, and redirected the Emperor's hatred away from himself and into his enemy. Passively, this Noble Phantasm is integrated into Caster's magecraft, with arcane characters he wrote in his book physically manifesting in reality. Caster could manipulate these character strings freely, forming chains, projectiles, barriers, and more. Furthermore, barriers erected using these characters possess reflective properties, causing most long-range beams and projectiles to be reflected back to the attacker, or harmlessly slide off said barriers.

There are two additional effects usable by activating this Noble Phantasm's True Name. First of all, activating it simultaneously when another incantation (be it a simple spell or a Noble Phantasm activation chant) is being uttered immediately scrambles said incantation, as each character is reinterpreted, creating a whole different meaning. This naturally cancels the spell or Noble Phantasm performed, or in certain cases, causes them to horrifically backfire upon the caster. The caveat is that these incantations must be verbally and audibly uttered for this scrambling effect to work. It does not work on written text, nor does it work on spells or Noble Phantasms that does not require incantations to activate.

The second effect of this Noble Phantasm's True Name release allows Caster to take things one step further and distort "intent", and by extension "effect", similar to how he distorted a sentence containing a powerful intent for his death into a display of his skills. Simply put, it allows him to "focus" or "disperse" the target of other Skills and Noble Phantasms. For example, an Anti-Unit Noble Phantasm performed with the singular intent to kill him would have the intent behind it distorted (as simple as changing the meaning behind characters), dispersing its focus into a greater area of effect, and reducing the overall damage he receives. Conversely, by inverting the process, he could focus the intent behind an Anti-Army Noble Phantasm to hit a single target, considerably increasing its power. The mana cost to perform this effect depends on the Noble Phantasm in question, with the most powerful ones potentially draining him out of mana as he attempts to distort them.

The same effects can be applied for Skills, with him turning a crippling debuff into a much more tolerable inconvenience by dispersing it into a large area of effect, or allowing one individual to absorb a buff originally aimed at a single individual, greatly increasing the effectiveness of said buff.

In game terms, it turns AOE effects into single-target, and vice-verse.

Lord Enma's Book of Transgressions
    Tsumi no Sho

"Sheesh, can't believe I have to take this out while I'm off-duty... Fine, hopefully Lord Enma wouldn't be too mad about this. Let's see if your name is in here somewhere..."

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: -
    Max Targets: 1

A book belonging to the Hell-King Enma Daio, containing a list of sins of everyone who had ever died, used to help render his judgment. As one of Enma's closest helpers, who frequently helped him with rulings, Caster possesses a copy of this book as a Noble Phantasm. Normally, the book functions in a similar manner to True Name Discernment, allowing Caster to deduce the identity of an enemy Servant through the "sins" that they have committed, or vice-versa (looking through these "sins" for a weakness to exploit upon finding out the opponent's True Name. Unsurprisingly, the one drawback of this Noble Phantasm is the sheer thickness of the book. Containing billions of names of everyone who had ever died, it could take hours for Caster to find one specific name, despite there being a certain categorizing system in place within the book. That said, he does have an easier time finding Japanese names compared to any other, as they are directly under Lord Enma- and by extension his- jurisdiction.

A second application of this Noble Phantasm allows Caster to "edit" these list of sins, to a certain extent. By highlighting certain sins over others, he could bestow affected individuals with new conceptual weaknesses, or further exploit existing ones. Lacking the full extent of Enma's authority, its effectiveness is limited. Furthermore, the more he utilizes this "editing" effect, the more he risks alerting Lord Enma, who would charge him with "abuse of power perpetrated by an off-duty officer", temporarily decreasing his parameters by a significant amount.

"See, it wouldn't be funny if I'm the one who ends up on the defendant's chair after everything that's happened! So let's use this sparingly, shall we?"

Description
    Caster's True Name is Ono no Takamura, a Heian-era poet, court official, and according to legend, advisor to the Hell-King Enma Daio.

Caster is a man of charming wit and charisma. His eccentric personality and competent work ethic was enough to captivate the courts of both the living and the dead. In essence, he can be described as both a friendly drinking buddy and a professional "lawyer" who could represent you before the divine judgment of Lord Enma himself... At least, that was the man he was, once. Centuries of servitude in Lord Enma's court has turned him into an antisocial office worker who seems completely dead inside. He speaks in a formal, monotonous tone akin to a hopeless salaryman who hadn't received a promotion in decades, having resigned himself to his fate ("At least a salaryman gets paid every once in a while, dammit! I DON'T!").

...That's how he normally is with Lord Enma around, at least. Unlike the Ruler-Class, which emphasizes his professional aspects as an attendant of the hellish court, the Caster-Class emphasizes his more human aspects, and his ties to the underworld is slightly weakened. Thus, he gladly sees this opportunity as a "vacation" which he hasn't experienced in literally forever. Upon summoning, he immediately got drunk on this freedom, discarding any semblance of professionalism to take in what the modern world has to offer. Thus, the esteemed former Councillor of the State can normally be found not in his office, but shamelessly crashing in the Master's room, munching on snacks and reading manga.

Ultimately, Caster shares a complicated love-hate relationship with his boss and career. Their relationship is defined by mockery, subtle and not-so-subtle passive-aggressive jokes, and backhanded compliments. Even so, it's clear that the two at least has some form of mutual respect towards each other. In Caster's case, he's always ready to ditch his vacation and return to his job whenever required (despite heavy complaining and cursing Enma's name under his breath).

Free from his usual duties, Caster's artistic spirit had also returned to him upon summoning. Like a mischievous grandpa, he's fond of riddles using wordplay. At the same time, he's also prone to nerding out on the topic of literature and calligraphy, a hobby which tends to get lost in translation. Aside from that... there isn't much else to him, honestly. The centuries he spent in the underworld has left him completely blind to trends and modern human sensibilities. Despite his attempts to "modernize" his image, more often than not, his hobbies and sense of style is more akin to an out-of-fashion old man trying to mingle with "fellow kids". Deep down, this troubles him, especially learning that his granddaughter had been summoned, and how she had easily adapted to modern conventionalities.

"Ahaha, what can I say? Before I am a retainer to Emperor Saga and attendant to Lord Enma, I'm still a grandfather first and foremost. By the way, according to Nagiko-dono, kids these days have something they call 'Instant-Gram' or something like that, so I downloaded it to see how Komacchan is doing. Now, if you don't mind me asking, how do you 'like' this image here?"

Lore
    Ono no Takamura (802? - 853) was a Japanese calligrapher, poet, and court official of the early Heian period.

Takamura served Emperor Saga (784 - 842) as the esteemed Councillor of the State. His wide expertise in language, politics, and the fine arts easily made him one of the Emperor's most trusted retainers, granting riches and reputation to his family's estate. That said, he experienced his fair share of hardship, born from such power and reputation.

Throughout his lifetime, Takamura attracted a number of powerful enemies within the Heian court, many of them vying for his position. A story tells us how Takamura displayed his wit in the face of these challenges. One day in the Emperor's throne room, someone erected a scroll with the writing "無悪善" (NO EVIL GOODNESS). No one in the palace was able to decipher its meaning. The Emperor then ordered Takamura to read it and he responded:

"It will be good if there is no evil (悪無くば善からん, saga nakuba yokaran)."

Unfortunately, the character for "evil" (悪, aku) could be read alternatively as "Saga", and the Emperor perceived this as a slight against him. The emperor was incensed at his audacity and proclaimed that because only Takamura was able to read the scroll, he must have been the one who put it up in the first place. However, Takamura pleaded his innocence, saying that he was simply deciphering the meaning of the scroll. The Emperor said, "Oh, so you can decipher any writing, can you?" and asked Takamura to read a row of twelve characters for child (子). Using his knowledge of writing and linguistics, he managed to pass this trial, and the Emperor removed the accusation. Together, they managed to find the true culprit, and the Emperor punished him accordingly.

Unbeknownst to the Emperor, Ono no Takamura led a double life. Every night, he traveled to the outskirts of Heian-kyo, to a place where graves were erected and corpses were dumped. There, he jumped down a well which led him to the underworld, where he assisted the Hell-King Enma Daio in rendering his judgment. His job ranged from taking care of paperwork, to offering a much-needed human perspective to the trials, which the Hell-King lacked. In a sense, he was what one would call a "lawyer" of the hellish court, by modern standards.

According to one anecdote, there was an instance where Takamura's two worlds collided. One time, Emperor Saga appointed him as part of a diplomatic mission to China. While he initially accepted, a quarrel with fellow diplomat Fujiwara no Tsunetsugu led to him abandoning his duty by feigning illness. The Emperor was furious by his sudden refusal, and Takamura's position was threatened. Fortunately, a friend with connections named Fujiwara no Yoshimi managed to soften the blow, saving Takamura's reputation.

Years later, Yoshimi fell gravely ill, and one day, he woke up not in his bedroom, but in Enma's court. The Hell-King was about to render his judgment, when a familiar voice when a very familiar "OBJECTION!" resounded across the courtroom, interrupting the proceedings. Yoshimi was surprised to see his old friend Takamura casually entering the room. Takamura convinced the Hell-King that Yoshimi still has much to accomplish in the world of the living. It was a testament to both Takamura's powers of persuasion and the regard in which the legendary Judge of the Underworld held him that Enma sent Yoshimi back to Earth, where he would live for many more years. Afterwards, Takamura swore his friend to secrecy to protect his position in both worlds. Yet somehow, the story leaked, intermingling with rumors and becoming an urban legend of sorts. Due to this feat, it was said that Takamura pioneered the Japanese equivalent of the phrase "to hell and back".

Relationships
    The Scarlet Pimpernel:
    "You know, I too led a double life. By day, I work your average nine-to-five job in Emperor Saga's court, and by night, I... work your average five-to-nine job in Lord Enma's Court! AHAHAHAHAHAH... end my suffering please."

Meng Po:
    "Ah, it's that old lady from the next room over! We didn't get to chat much most of the time, but your tea was always something to look forward to. Just what kind of leaves did you use? Maybe I can try to brew one myself in my free time..."

Samyaza:
    "This is... problematic. You have a number of grave offenses under your name. Were you under Lord Enma's jurisdiction, he might just create a new ninth circle of hell just for people like you, and I have no objections in that regard. However, after a few centuries with that prick, well... I suppose I can see the value of your freedom, if just a bit."

Ashiya Douman:
    "It's you! You've really put me and Lord Enma in a heap of trouble back then, thanks to your pseudo-immortality shikigami magecraft. It's like you can waltz in and out of the underworld willy-nilly, and every time you left, you returned with even worse offenses to your name! Don't you know how hard it is to arrange the paperwork there!? Oh, now that we're both here, I'll be sure to teach you a lesson you won't soon forget..."

Thomas Edison:
    "24-hour workdays... I reckon you'd get along well with Lord Enma. On a completely unrelated note, no offense, but would you mind staying far, far away from me?"

Hyas:
    "All right, what are you in for here today? Food poisoning? Gored by a farming mob? Random piano fell out of nowhere? Some other absurdly-contrived-but-ultimately-coincidental death? It's a sad fate you lead, boy, but man do I sympathize with that Hades fellow. The paperwork couldn't have been easy to handle."

Hyacinthus:
    "A boy trapped and unable to escape from the whims of the gods. Um... hang in there, boy."

Benienma:
    "THEY HAVE A HOT SPRINGS INN IN THE UNDERWORLD!? AND THE BOSS NEVER THOUGHT TO TAKE US THERE!? Wait, could this be the place where he ran off to whenever he said he had 'urgent business' and left me in charge of things!? Why, I oughtta-"

Ono no Komachi:
    "Yoohoo, Komacchan! It's your grandpa! Sure has been a while, hasn't it? I remember how you used to sit on my lap and asked me to read those poems to you. Come to think of it, there was also that one time when you were a little girl when you showed me your first poetry! That was cute. I remember it sounded like-"
    "Eh? What's with the embarrassed expression? You can drop the whole formal lady-of-the-court speak now. Come here and give your old grandpa Taka a big hug!"
    "...Ah, she ran off. Did I catch her at a bad time?"

Bond CE

"Man, the sushi here is to die for! Er, no pun intended. Did you use some sort of underworld fish for these? Oh, and pass me the sauce, please."
    "Here you go. As a matter of fact, I did! I fished them off the Sanzu river directly! I don't consider myself a good cook, but these fishes have so much flavor that they make up for my utter lack of skill!"
    "I see, that's most interesting... anyway, I think it's about time we drop the small talk, Your Excellency. What do you want from me?"
    "How cold. Isn't it normal for a boss to treat his best employee to a fancy meal every now and again?"
    "If you want my honest opinion, Your Excellency... no. Especially knowing it's you."
    "Oof, you're really not one to mince your word, are you? ...But you're right. Let me just say that your service here has been most appreciated. Your counsel is much welcome, and without your assistance, even I'm not sure I could properly render my judgment upon these humans myself. From the bottom of my heart, thank you."
    "Ahaha, flattery will get you nowhere, Your Excellency!"
    "True, true. Allow me to get to the main point. In recognition of your services, I, Enma Daiou, Judge of the Eight Hells, hereby personally offer you a permanent position in my office. You will be richly rewarded for your work, if you were to accept."

"This... are you serious? Never have I imagined something like this in my wildest dreams! My life so far has been absurd enough as it is, but a permanent position..? Wow.."
    "Yes, a wonderful offer, wouldn't you think so?"
    "Indeed, but... with all due respect, I'm afraid I must decline. At least for now."
    "Oh? That was a surprising answer. Why is that?"
    "Accepting it right now would mean forfeiting my mortal life, and I can't to do that just yet."
    "..."
    "Ah, Your Excellency, did you know? My granddaughter just turned seven last week. She's just a girl, but she really takes after the old man! She's always been a fan of my poems and riddles since she was a baby, but just recently, she began writing her own poems! You wouldn't believe how impressive they are, for something written by a seven-year-old. Maybe I'll introduce you to her one day, though on second thought, maybe not so soon. I still want her to live a long and fulfilling life after all."
    "Is that so..."
    "Ah, my apologies, I don't normally get this sentimental. Must be the sake. Anyway, I have but one request. Give me a few more years to watch my granddaughter grow up. After that, I'll take you up on that offer... If the whole thing still applies, of course."

"You know, Takamura, you must be the only person I know who is crazy enough to make such an impudent request to the Hell-King himself and live to tell the tale... but so be it. You've served me well all these years. I don't see any harm in waiting a little while longer to fulfill your request. Very well, go home and see to your family. I'll see you again for your usual shift tomorrow."
    "Eh, really? You're telling me to go home already!? I still want seconds! I could eat at least another plate of sushi before I'm full! Oh, while I'm at it, can I take some home for my family? They won't... suddenly rot like Izanami when I take them out of the underworld, won't they?"
    "...This man made three absurd requests to the ruler of the Eight Hells, all in the span of two minutes. Ah, fine. I don't have it in me to refuse. Another plate, coming right up."

Creator's Notes

• Presenting wholesome grandpa #3 after Shimizu and Gunnar.
    • In contrast to Burke and Hare, who'd rather dip into some shady illegal businesses rather than be unemployed, here we have a guy who really needs a break after overworking himself for the last twelve centuries or so.
    • He honestly came out stronger than I expected, especially that first NP. Hopefully it's not too wanked.
    • His actual relationship to Ono no Komachi is a confusing part of his legend. Some sources say that he was born in 803, and Komachi in 825, which makes it unlikely for him to be her grandpa. However, other sources disagreed, and said that the two are grandfather and granddaughter, so maybe they got his birth year wrong or something...
    • Enma is waaaay too high-concept for me to write (IIRC there was someone who wrote Yamaraja as a Peperoncino pseudo a while back, which was close enough). Anyone's welcome to take this idea and flesh out their interactions further, though. I even have a somewhat fitting fc for him at the ready, if anyone's interested.

Last edited by BnEl15; November 11th, 2021 at 11:13 PM.

Archer of the Warrior Tribe

“Hello Master, I am Archer. I know I don’t look like much, but please give me chance.”

Class: Archer
    Other Classes: Berserker, Caster
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Place of Origin: Old Testament

Parameters:

STR: B
    END: C
    AGI: B+
    MGI: B
    LCK: C

Height: 170 cm
    Weight: 62 kg
    Dislikes: Getting in Trouble, Upsetting Others
    Talent: Archery
    Natural Enemy: None
    Attribute: Earth
    Traits: Humanoid, Servant, Male
    Armament: Bow, Quiver of Arrows, Bag of Stones, Sling
    Catalyst: A single magical silver cup found in Egyptian ruins

~~Class Skills~~
    Independent Action: C
    A class skill of the Archer class which allows for action even in the absence of the Master. It is possible for a Servant to stay in the world for one day without a Master. Archer was not really known for doing things independently, as most of the time his brothers didn’t want him to be alone. His ownership of this skill is mostly due to his class.
    “Alone? No, not usually. My father was very attached to me and my brothers always made sure one of them was with me at all times. They always seemed awfully protective of me.”

Magic Resistance: C
    Cancel spells with a chant below two verses. Cannot defend against magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals. Archer has naturally good Magic Resistance due to being born in the Age of Gods. However, Archer himself was not known for any feats regarding magic resistance, so his rank is not very high compared to others from his time period.
    Magecraft? I’ve had some experiences with it, but I didn’t really fight many mages myself. My brothers usually did the fighting and had me sit it out.”

~~Personal Skills~~
    Rosy-Cheeked Youth: C
    A skill which represents the disposition as a pretty boy who charms people. A fascination magic-like effect that works on both men and women, but one can abate it so long there is a will to resist. Complete evasion by means of a Magic Resistance Skill is possible. While Archer never purposely tries to charm people, he was known for causing those he knew and didn’t know to either want to protect him, or treat him positively.
    “Master, I thank you for taking care of me, I could not have asked for better” *gives a bright smile* “Eh? MASTER?! What’s wrong? Why are you clutching your heart like that? Why are you crying?”

Golden Rule: D-
    A skill that refers to the measurement of one's fortune to acquire wealth. While Archer himself was never known possessing great wealth, he’s fairly well known for happening upon a valuable object in his legend. Archer however, has no control over this skill, and items of value find their way into his possession whether he wants them to or not.
    “EH?! What’s this doing in my bag?! I didn’t steal this from you master, I swear!”

Left-Handedness: EX
    A skill which signifies one as being known for the fact that their left hand is their dominant hand. This skill allows for bonuses in melee combat, such as making most opponents have a harder time blocking or parrying such blows, or have a harder time guessing what moves Archer will go for. It also offers bonuses in ranged combat by improving the owner’s accuracy noticeably. Those who have successfully battled left-handed people in their legend are unaffected by this whole skill. Archer was the only one of his brothers to be left-handed, and eventually his descendants became rather famous for that trait, and became well known for training and fighting left-handed. Thus, despite not being well known as a combatant, he possesses the highest version of this skill due to being born left handed and a “father” of those who were known for left-handed combat.
    “I know some people don’t like those who are left handed… I hope you are not one of those master, they are always so bothersome…”

~~Noble Phantasms~~
    Taraph Ze’ev
    Like a Ravenous Wolf, he will Devour

“It was said of me and those that followed, so face my wrath! I will tear you apart like a wolf! TARAPH ZE’EV! RAAAAAAA!”

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1~10
    Max Targets: 3

A Noble Phantasm based off of what Archer’s father when dying said of him, saying he would be like a “ravenous wolf” that “devours his prey”. This would go on to apply to many of Archer’s descendants, who became known for their military brilliance, becoming the best at it out of all those in their country. At their golden age, his descendant could be compared to the Spartans, as both were the best fighters of their people. Upon releasing the True Name, Archer’s nails and teeth grow slightly in length, resembling those of a feral animal. He then drops his weapons and begins attacking the opponent head on in close-quarters combat. When using this Noble Phantasm, his hands count as magical weapons (which also benefit from his Left-Handedness skill), and his teeth count as magical weapons also. He mainly will attempt to scratch or bite the enemy when in this state. Any attacks that land on the enemy when this is activated heals archer slightly, as he was noted as “devouring his prey”. At his last attack for this Noble Phantasm, he has a random chance to take a random item from his opponents possession as well, as it was stated that he would “take spoils for himself”.

Ben-yamini Gibbor
    People with the Courage of a Wolf

“Hear the words and see the deeds of all my sons and daughters. For they are the Ben-yamini Gibbor.”

Type: -
    Range: Variable
    Max Targets: Variable

A Noble Phantasm based on the fact that Archer is the father of a tribe of people that became known for their ability in battle, and their courage on the battlefield. While Archer himself didn’t do much fighting in his legend, he himself was a surprisingly competent fighter and strategist, which his decedents inherited. As the ancestor of these warrior people, Archer is able to call upon this Noble Phantasm to cast a Noble Phantasm of any of his descendants to use for himself. This Noble Phantasm however has limitations. First, he can not use a Noble Phantasm that is itself an object or mystic code or anything of the sort. Second, he can only use said Noble Phantasm with the type of weapon it was originally performed with, so he could not for example use his bow to perform a Noble Phantasm made to be used with a spear. Lastly, he can not use any Noble Phantasm which would physically transform him or change his saint graph. Additionally though, the Noble Phantasms he borrows are slightly weaker than the original wielders’ version. This Noble Phantasm does not require a chant to use in itself, however when using a Noble Phantasm with it, he is required to add an additional chant to whatever chant the Noble Phantasm already possessed. A few notable examples of people he may possibly be able to pull from are the first king of Israel, the Assassin Judge of the Israelites, the Jewish Queen of Persia, and said Queen’s cousin. One which he uses a lot which is not attached to a specific heroic spirit (due to the owner not qualifying as one) is the Noble Phantasm of a nameless general who defended a city from other tribes of the kingdom they inhabit who wished to punish the cities inhabitants for gross misconduct. Said Noble Phantasm is…

Gibeah Ganan
    The Defense of the Guilty City

“I will defend my brothers against true justice. Face the barrage of the Gibeah Ganan."

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 1~50
    Max Targets: 1000 People or Servents

This Noble Phantasm is not as strong of an attack compared to other Anti-Army Noble Phantasms, due to the fact that the Noble Phantasm’s original owner being nothing more than a phantom. Luckily this Noble Phantasm can be cast with any sling. When this Noble Phantasm is activated, a floating row of slings is summoned, pelting stones at the chosen targets. The slings are obviously desummoned afterwards. This Noble Phantasm can be used multiple times, however, it decreases in rank after each use (obviously decreasing it’s power). The first time it is used, it is C rank, with a positive modifier against Lawful Neutral, Neutral Good, or Lawful Neutral aligned targets. The second time it is decreased to D rank, but still has a positive modifier against the same alignments. The third time and onward, it is decreased to E rank and no longer has a positive modifier against certain aligned targets. While Archer doesn’t like this Noble Phantasm due to the events which caused it, he still uses it as he finds the Noble Phantasm useful for him.

~~Lore~~
    Archer’s real name is Benjamin, one of the 12 sons of Jacob. He was the youngest of his brothers and often considered to be innocent compared to most of his other brothers, as he did not share in the plot they once made. His descendants went on to become known of their courage, their skill on the battlefield, and their skill of battling left-handed. Additionally, they were considered masters with a sling, so talented that they could aim for targets the width of a hair and never miss. Due to his descendants being such skilled sling-throwers and archers, he is most of the time summoned in the Archer class, as he is the father to a whole group of great archers.

Benjamin was the son of Jacob and his wife Rachel. Rachel had given birth to Benjamin while they were still traveling to another place, and had great difficulty birthing him. While she eventually gave birth to him, it cost her her life. With her dying breath, she named her son “Benoni” (which means Son of my Pain), but Jacob could not deal with the sadness this would cause him, and thus renamed him Benjamin (meaning Son of the South). Ten of Benjamin’s other brothers were only his half-brothers, being born from other women, while Joseph was his only full brother.

Benjamin, growing up, was adored by all his brothers and especially his father. When his brothers had proceeded to become jealous of Joseph, and eventually sold him away, young Benjamin wasn’t present and was instead practicing with his sling. As he grew up, with his brother Joseph no longer present, he soon became his fathers favored child. This time however, his brothers bore no jealousy for the favoritism, as they too loved him dearly. Eventually, after a few years, a famine had affected the family, causing Benjamin’s ten other brothers to go to Egypt in search for food after their father heard of the Pharaoh’s many store houses of grain he was building up in the years prior. Benjamin, however, was asked to stay behind for his own safety. While they were gone, Benjamin cares for his father and the family land. Once his brothers returned though, despite them coming back with a large amount of food, Benjamin could tell something was wrong. This was further cemented by the fact that one of his brothers, Simeon, had not returned with them. He had figured out that, despite actually getting the food, something had went wrong during the exchange, but they wouldn’t tell him what happened. Thus, Benjamin continued to do his usual of doing chores and practicing the sling.

Eventually, the famine once more affected the family. Their food ran out, and they had to head back out to Egypt once more. This time however, Benjamin was asked to come along to help. While he was not totally sure what happened last time and what had changed, he agreed to go along with directions regardless, trusting his brothers and father fully. Once at Egypt, they approached the man Pharaoh appointed to be in charge of Food reserves to talk to him, and were being extremely generous to the “Egyptian” by giving him items of worth and more money than the food would’ve cost. This “Egyptian” man, was quite appreciative, and not only returned Simeon to them, but even invited the brothers to a banquet. However, when the “Egyptian” was introduced to Benjamin, he seemed to exit in a hurry after said greeting, for reasons Benjamin couldn’t quite gather. Once they eventually attended the banquet, Benjamin was surprised when he found food to suspiciously continuously be sent to him, no matter how much he ate. In the morning, they left to head back to their father, when suddenly an attendant of the “Egyptian” they were with earlier quickly flagged them down and accused them of stealing a valuable silver cup which the “Egyptian” man used for divination and to see the future. The brothers obviously vehemently denied all such claims as they knew that no one had taken such a thing, and thus willingly let their bags of food be search. Benjamin then, was extremely mortified when they found the cup in his bag, with his brothers being equally so distraught. When they were brought back to talk to the “Egyptian” man, they tried to convince him that there must have been a mistake, but were altogether willing to accept punishment together. However, the “Egyptian” told them that he would only keep one of them as a slave, the one that the bag belonged to, Benjamin. Judah, one of the brothers, immediately stepped up to protect Benjamin, telling the “Egyptian” of how important the youngest brother was to their father. Judah was so distraught and desperate, that he was willing to take Benjamin’s place as a slave so that Benjamin could make it back to his father. At this, the “Egyptian” sent all his attendants away, leaving Benjamin uncertain of what would happen next. Suddenly however, the “Egyptian” gave way to tears, before suddenly (in their language!) reveal that he was in fact their brother Joseph, and explained how he came to his positions in Egypt. He then told them to go and bring their father to Egypt, so that he too could see him. Benjamin could no longer hold in his emotions, and cried heartily into his full brother Joseph’s arms, for had finally gotten to see him again.

Thus, once the 11 brothers had made it home, they told their father all about what transpired. Immediately, he wanted to make his way to see his son Josep. Thus, Jacob, his sons, and his sons’ families made their way to Egypt. They rejoiced after all being together again, and Joseph gave them someone land in the region of Egypt to call their own. Eventually, on Jacob’s death bed, he gave prophecies for each of his sons, their messages varying. For Benjamin however, what he said was a surprise to the other brothers, for he said that Benjamin would be like a ravouness wolf, devouring and taking. Once Jacob finally passed away, the brothers of course weeped. Eventually, they all went back to what they would do with their lives before then. For Benjamin, that was working for his family and continuously practicing the sling.

Eventually, due to Benjamin’s left-handed nature and tremendous acquired skill with ranged weapons, his family slowly became known for that as he passed these skills onto his descendants. Many years later, when the Israelites were in the land of Canaan, the Benjaminites (Benjamin’s descendants) showed their skills, for by that point they were peerless warriors.

~~Personality~~
    “Really, you want to get to know me? Well if you insist master, but I didn’t think I was that interesting…”“Really, you want to get to know me? Well if you insist master, but I didn’t think I was that interesting…”

Benjamin is slightly shy and very friendly. He could be described by most who know him personally as someone who does nothing bad towards others, for he hates hurting people both emotionally and physically. He is slightly skittish towards things he doesn’t know much about, for he isn’t easily trusting of others, even if he is friendly towards said person. When in a serious battle however, he will do what he must, though will only escalates his fighting once his opponent does. Archer himself is actually surprisingly talented in battlefield tactics and combat theory. He will also do fairly well in combat, at least more than most might expect. Benjamin does his best to get along with his master, but as a God-fearing man himself, he holds his morals highly and will not forgo them for his master’s sake. He enjoys learning from other servants, especially those who were known as master tacticians. He loves to spar with others, especially those who share the same passion he does. He generally tries to help his fellow allies anyway he can, offering either help for physical tasks or for emotional help. Benjamin personally has no wish for the grail, as there is nothing he honestly desires; he will however be totally willing to help his master reach their wish if it is a wish that he feels is either beneficial for one or more people and/or is harmless.

~~Relationships~~
    David (Archer):
    “It is nice to see a king as renowned as yourself in person. I hope my descendant won’t cause you to view me badly.”

Gareth (Lancer):
    “I enjoy spending time with Gareth, Master. She seems to enjoy talking about combat with me. We also discuss our brothers a lot. Plus, she’s a great sparring partner. Eh? A crush?… n-no, it’s no such thing.”

Leonidas (Lancer):
    “Ah, Mr. Lancer, do you mind discussing battlefield tactics with me? I’d love to get opinions from those who are as passionate about it as I am.”

Gilgamesh (Archer):
    “I’M SORRY MR. GILGAMESH! IT WAS AN ACCIDENT I SWEAR, I DON’T EVEN KNOW HOW YOUR TREASURES ENDED UP IN MY POSSESSION! PLEASE STOP SHOOTING AT MEEEEEE!!!”

~~Creators Notes~~
    I seem to have this thing where I work on servants, and then once I’m almost finished with one, I think up another servant to make, and then get side-tracked due to sudden inspiration. This is the last servant that this happened to me with. Anyway, I was actually fairly excited to do this sheet, because I felt I could do some really interesting this with it. My take on Benjamin ended up being fairly close to most Christian interpretations, as is seen. Though when researching I did see that some Jewish versions of the accounts regarding Benjamin show him practicing Astrology-Based magecraft, so while I didn’t use that interpretation, I would definitely like to see someone eventually tackle this version of the character. Also (slightly of topic) when it says in his second NP that it “does not require a chant to use in itself” but that “when using a Noble Phantasm with it, he is required to add an additional chant to whatever chant the Noble Phantasm already possessed” this means that if he (for example) were to use the NP Gibeah Ganan, his chant to use that NP would be “Hear the words and see the deeds of all my sons and daughters. For they are the Ben-yamini Gibbor. I will defend my brothers against true justice. Face the barrage of the Gibeah Ganan”. I hope that explantation clears up any confusion. Also, I might as well add, if you need help visualizing his first NP, think Penthisilea’s NP mixed with Berserker Barrage, except with a healthy amount of both biting and scratching. Anyway, I wanted Benjamin to have a sort-of innocent personality about him, making most think he wouldn’t hurt a fly, but he is actually also a battlefield genius underneath it all (he’s still precious though). I hope my servant is enjoyed, I am incapable of telling how good or bad my sheets are sometimes. Please offer tips or constructive criticism if you can, as I am still learning and need all the help I can get.

Art Sources:
    Art Source 1: (Original link seems to no longer work; have the danbooru link instead) https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/4832814
    Art Source 2: https://www.deviantart.com/alin009/a...RONE-887079471
    Last edited by Spammin Spiff; November 11th, 2021 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Typos & Grammar

Blog Entries
    Ono No Takamura: solid sheet no other feedback like how the NP works

also idk who vanatos is but I propose a mlm/wlw alliance with her

Blog Entries
    Benjamin: Good boy must protecc. His role was relatively minor in Joseph's saga (or at least how I remembered it), but it's amazing how you managed to flesh him out this much, even if the basis of the character is still the relatively simple "good wholesome boy" trope, which he totally is. I especially like how you adapted his left-handedness into an entire Skill.

By the way, before I clicked on the collapse text in the personality section, I was half expecting him to be some evil messed-up Pretender. Glad that wasn't the case. Looks like the whole Pretender craze still affects me deeper than I thought.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Benjamin: I like him. It’s nice how you built up so much character for such an unknown character. The faceclaim matches the character. I wonder what he thinks of fortuna’s david-hayk.

Quote Originally Posted by NINE-lives View Post
    Benjamin: I like him. It’s nice how you built up so much character for such an unknown character. The faceclaim matches the character. I wonder what he thinks of fortuna’s david-hayk.
    I'd say he probably wouldn't think of him to differently than he would for normal David. For both versions of David however, he probably would also end up praising their sling skills. Other than that, he'd probably treat him kindly.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Thanks.

I'm a peaceful woman with bad intentions. Lady Vanatos's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Man, I don't come for like a day or two and you all act up. If I had the power, I'd spank each of you.

Ono no Takamura:
    >mfw BnE15 writes a sheet with little to no angst:

Gucci sheet on figure not many would actually give note to.

Benjamin: This sheet just reminds me how wild Biblical genealogy is. I love Biblical sheets that can of touch into that myself. Personal preference thing and all that
    Current FGO setup

Blog Entries
    Thats th Oh meme face Man ! Joke aside Ben you newest servant is really great !

- - - Updated - - -

And Vanatos prepare yourself Delrey the shippinator has chosen has chosen you as his new victim !

I'm a peaceful woman with bad intentions. Lady Vanatos's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    Thats th Oh meme face Man ! Joke aside Ben you newest servant is really great !

- - - Updated - - -

And Vanatos prepare yourself Delrey the shippinator has chosen has chosen you as his new victim !
    I'm too Neutral Evil for him apparently to even bother.

EDIT: Also that's Shaq, lmao
    Current FGO setup