Page 337 of 621 FirstFirst ... 237287327332335336337338339342347387437 ... LastLast
Results 6,721 to 6,740 of 12413

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I really dislike foreigners because they turn interesting historical figures into nasuverse OC’s but I can tolerate them in this instance because they don’t use the generic lovecraft setting.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yknow, people say that, but is it really true?
    Abigail and Molay would basically be no different. It's more of an aesthetic than anything.
    Hokusai and Guifei only get more stuff the writers can use if they want, nothing about their history was discarded.
    The others are already OCs from the start.

You might have an argument with Van Ghog, but she's a product of the story they wanted to tell. We've had less interesting fusions in Shinjuku with no eldritch involvement.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I take it back.
    Last edited by NINE-lives; December 6th, 2021 at 02:05 PM.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I mean Foreigner genderbends so far are relatively on the more reasonable side. Hokusai isn't really genderbent since the body belongs to Oei, Molay can be chalked to Innocent Monster and the people's demonization of the Templars, and Van Gogh's justification for the genderbent is actually a pretty creative one with the whole fusion with Clytie thing (I'm still miffed we didn't get the "true" Gogh, but the one we have now isn't so bad either).

Compared to early FGO genderbends like Jing Ke who got genderbent for literally no reason at all, I believe the Foreigners' justifications are applied well enough.

Blog Entries
    Uuh. There aren't that many Foreigner genderbends.

Abigail is herself. Hokusai is actually the guy's daughter acting as the main body. Yang Guifei is herself. Voyager is a space probe turned into a young boy. Mysterious Heroine XX is just a Foreigner version of the first ever Genderbender in the history of Fate. 'Van Gogh' isn't even Van Gogh, but the Nymph of Sunflowers Clytie being used as a vessel for Van Gogh's skills as a servant since the Servant killed himself to avoid being possessed.

The only actual genderbent Foreigner is Molay. And that's because the Outer God who got its claws in him is well known for being of the 'cultured' mindset.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NINE-lives View Post
    They also are a part of the nasuverse tradition of bullshit genderbends with their genderbends being particularly bullshit.
    Molay is literally the only one genderbent because of the Foreigner class though. They would've absolutely used Oui for Hokusai regardless of whether or not Chutullu was involved, the only difference is that you probably wouldn't have gotten Oui+Katsushika fusion for the final Ascension.

The rest is as BnEl15 said.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Maybe I’m just really salty about Molay being genderbent despite us already having a molay in arcade.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'll say though that their reasoning for genderbending Molay is gross and bad (at the very least they worded it in the worst way) and they should've just gone with Eldritch Mother God = Female Body.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    There was a bunch of Twitter drama over molay being unnecessarily genderbent and the lack of major husbando characters in fact.
    Last edited by NINE-lives; December 6th, 2021 at 02:11 PM.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Speaking of stupid genderbends, I believe TM's reasoning for genderbending Drake could be a brilliant one... if they actually bothered to follow through with that plot thread about Queen Elizabeth I impersonating Drake back in Extra. As things are now, her justification is basically "acted so manly that she got recorded as a man", and that's stupid.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Baron Magnus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I love the fate series but... yeah... about genderbends... here's my opinion on them:

Rookie Lorekeeper, Amateur Extraordinaire, and all around nasunoob.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I feel like you could easy genderbent a primordial or creator deity figure or angel figure (like chaos from Greek mythology or the archangel Michael) using the good ol “gods transcend gender” and “taking a form you are comfortable with trope”.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I don't particularly care about genderbents. Female character design is usually more interesting than male character design in the franchise and in anime in general.
    I'm also straight so I'm not gonna pretend that doesn't go into it.

That said, when it comes to genderbents no justification is better than bad justification.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Baron Magnus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    For me personally, the idea of genderbending only came up all of one time because a particular faceclaim I wanted to use wasn't the right gender so I had to just do it. Thankfully it was an angel so not much explanation needed there.
    Rookie Lorekeeper, Amateur Extraordinaire, and all around nasunoob.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I feel like you could easy genderbent a primordial or creator deity figure or angel figure (like chaos from Greek mythology or the archangel Michael) using the good ol “gods transcend gender” and “taking a form you are comfortable with trope”.
    Actually have They the possibility to four Genders .
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Magnus View Post
    For me personally, the idea of genderbending only came up all of one time because a particular faceclaim I wanted to use wasn't the right gender so I had to just do it. Thankfully it was an angel so not much explanation needed there.
    Well there can i say despite i made quite many servants have i still not made any genderbent servant but i found some candidates with a good reason to do it like okey we had a Elagabalus servant which i find a good candidate for a genderbend servant as example .

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    Actually have They the possibility to four Genders .
    There are four genders: masculine man, feminine man, masculine woman and the gender that doesn’t matter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    Well there can i say despite i made quite many servants have i still not made any genderbent servant but i found some candidates with a good reason to do it like okey we had a Elagabalus servant which i find a good candidate for a genderbend servant as example .
    Elagabalus is considered by some to be a trans woman so i imagine it to be a da Vinci situation where the servant is summoned in the form they want.

Blog Entries
    There are four genders: masculine man, feminine man, masculine woman and the gender that doesn’t matter.
    no : rather , Male , Female , Hermaphrodite and trancendent .

Blog Entries
    I mean, Gabriel is male in the Bible and yet is most commonly depicted as a woman pretty much everywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    I don't particularly care about genderbents. Female character design is usually more interesting than male character design in the franchise and in anime in general.
    I'm also straight so I'm not gonna pretend that doesn't go into it.

That said, when it comes to genderbents no justification is better than bad justification.
    My opinion on genderbents is usually 'eh, this is weird but fine' but some of them do make me go 'wut' like Van Gogh does. As for own sheets, I tend not to genderbend Servants and the only one I currently have WIP (LoliEdgarAllenPoe) is actually just his wife using his name for lore reasons.

Servant Sheet Compilation
    'Winner' of the Legendary Jack-Off

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I’m guessing pretender or faker from it being Edgar Allen Poe’s wife.