Page 42 of 620 FirstFirst ... 32374041424344475292142542 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    I understand thanks ,could you tell me example wise one servant in Grand order of Meteo beside Voyager or Urobuchi ?
    How about you do the impossible and try and find that out by yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    [IMG]****************************open?id=1qZVB7oB42ZWBRaD7W57FqvY8Yxl_VODs[/IMG]
    That first NP tho

A real solid sheet as usual. I wonder if you have any plans to do a sheet for Craiftine and/or Ferchertne in the future.
    Craiftine might be worth doing, but Ferchertne's legend is roughly "accompanied Labraid". Neither of them has all that much of a legend, unfortunately.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

FC Link
    Alternate Classes: Lancer, Assassin
    True Name: Issun-boshi
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Origin:
    Japanese Folklore
    Armament: Sword, mallet

Parameters:
    STR: C
    END: C
    AGI: B+
    MANA: B
    LUCK: A
    NP: B

Skills
    Class Skills

Magic Resistance - Rank B: Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether.
    Cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for them to be affected. Thwarting the tricks of demons, Saber’s magical defenses are top-notch.

Independent Action - Rank C: The ability to remain independent even when rejecting the Magical Energy supply from one's Master; the ability that allows for action even in the absence of the Master. At higher ranks, it is also possible to remain for extended periods of time in this world without an established contract.
    It is possible for a Servant to stay in the world for one day without a Master. Having been sent out into the world by his parents, Saber can survive on his own.

Personal Skills

Divinity - Rank E: The measure of whether one has Divine Spirit aptitude or not. At high levels, one is treated as a mixed race of a Divine Spirit, and the level declines when the Heroic Spirit's own rank as a Monster or Demonic Beast rises. It can also decrease due to one's dislike for the gods. Those who have A Rank Divinity or above have reached the Throne of Gods. It also has an effect which reduces special defensive values called "purge defense" in proportion to the Divinity's Rank. It can break through Skills such as Protection of the Faith and Enlightenment of the Sacred Fig.
    Saber was a gift from the gods to his parents. His origin is divine, but it is uncertain which Divine Spirit’s progeny he is.

Golden Rule - Rank B: A Skill that refers to the measurement of one's fortune to acquire wealth.
    Saber was able to acquire treasure from monsters that he defeated, and with this wealth his descendants prospered for generations.

Lucky Mallet - Rank A: A unique Personal Skill denoting one’s possession of the Uchide no Kozuchi. Though its true power can only be unleashed as a Noble Phantasm, as a Skill it allows the user to change their size. From an inch-high figure to a superhumanly tall man, the user can freely alter their body. Their parameters are altered as their figure changes, with STR and END lowering as the user’s size decreases and AGI increasing. Conversely, the reverse is true if the user grows larger.
    Though granted a normal human size during his manifestation as a Servant, Saber can use Lucky Mallet to shrink back to his original size. Using the principle of ‘growing to a human size’ with his human size as a base, he can even grow into a giant.

Giant Beast Hunting - Rank A: A Skill that denotes having abundant combat experience against giant enemy lifeforms.
    From Saber’s point of view, all enemy lifeforms are giant! Having spent his life besting creatures larger than him, Saber is well-versed in such battles.

Noble Phantasms

The Eye and the Needle
    Akki Metsubushi

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1
    Targets: 1 person
    A sword technique made possible by the user’s changing size. It was something Saber developed prior to achieving a normal human size, but his attaining of the Lucky Mallet has only made it more effective. He used it once to drive away a demon that had swallowed him, cutting his way out of its body through its eye.
    Rapidly shrinking to a miniscule size, Saber launches himself against his opponent. Speeding towards them, he launches a strike against the enemy’s weak point, only to enlarge his weapon at the moment of impact. Through the power of the Noble Phantasm, his sword’s size increases in proportion to the size decrease of his body, reaching a size far in excess of its normal dimensions. With the increased evasive ability of his tiny form, Saber can even avoid most attacks during his approach.
    As it was once used to drive away a member of Oni Kind, Akki Metsubushi deals additional damage against demonic targets.

The Mallet of Fortune
    Uchide no Kozuchi

Type: Divine
    Range: 0~99
    Targets: 1 person
    The true usage of the Lucky Mallet that Saber carries. As a Divine Construct belonging to Daikoku-ten, it exhibits the power to grant the wishes of the one that wields it. By swinging the hammer, one can ‘tap out’ anything that they desire. Whether creatures, objects or effects, anything that one wants can be manifested.
    However, using an omnipotent wish-granting tool consumes intense amounts of magical energy, roughly equivalent to that making up a single Servant. Essentially, only by sacrificing a manifested Heroic Spirit can Uchide no Kozuchi actually be used.
    Corporeal creations made through the Uchide no Kozuchi also only last until the next morning. It is said that the toll of the morning bell is what banishes them, revealing the emptiness of material wishes.

Description
    Dislikes: Bullies, being underestimated
    Talents: Improvisation, dealing with big problems
    Natural Enemy: Tawara Yakushi

Saber’s true identity is Issun-boshi, the Inch-Tall Samurai.

A steadfast and kind-hearted young warrior. Issun-boshi has a strong sense of justice and a yearning to do good deeds. Due to having been tiny in his youth, he retains some of the odd way of viewing the world from back then. He enjoys working with something that requires precision, perhaps because it reminds him of the chores he would help his parents with.
    Despite Issun-boshi’s relatively calm personality, he tends to get incensed if he is looked down on because of his appearance. Though he might fume, he usually doesn’t try to kill those who annoy him, and usually lets them off with a lesson.
    Issun-boshi (literally) looks up to heroes that went out on adventures. As he recognizes his young and brash nature, he also seeks out those renowned for their wisdom in order to learn. He has a dislike of oni as well as those who use their power to bully others.
    Issun-boshi’s wish to the Holy Grail is to continue adventuring.

Attitude towards Master:
    Issun-Boshi takes to his role as a Servant with gusto. He sometimes fantasizes about his Master being a prince or a princess that he has to protect. Even though he is playful, he will face any foe for his Master.

Dialogue examples:
    Oi, Master. Are you small too? I’m Saber, the Inch-Tall Samurai!
    I’m changing size? The way I see it, it's the rest of the world that changes.
    Like grinding an iron bar to a fine needle.
    Taste my blade, Harisakimaru!

Lore
    Long, long ago there lived a sweet old couple. Having no children but desiring one very much, they went to the shrine and prayed, "Please, please let us have a child, no matter how small." Eventually, a son was born to them. But small indeed was the child - no larger than a grown man's fingertip.
    The couple raised the child tenderly, and though he became a bright and well-respected young man, he didn’t grow at all. As a result, he became known as Issun-boshi (issun is a unit measuring about 3 centimeters).
    One day, Issun-boshi told his parents that he wanted to seek his fortune in the city. His parents were worried about their son but, trusting him, they sent him off with a sword made of a sewing needle, a sheath made of straw, and a boat made from a rice bowl with a chopstick for an oar. Issun-boshi walked along until he came upon the river that flowed towards the town. There he set his rice bowl in the water and paddled with the chopstick for days on end, until at last he reached the town.
    Issun-boshi walked about town until he found himself in front of the stately mansion of the lord. At the gate he announced, "I have come to the city to work and train. I beg of you to make me a servant." But he was so tiny that the guard did not notice him. "I'm here, I'm here," Issun-boshi shouted. Finally the guard spotted him and lifted him up from the shadow of his foot. Issun-boshi was granted permission to see the lord and, in the palm of the lord's hand, he knelt, bowed, and pledged his loyalty. The lord took an instant liking to Issun-boshi and made him a retainer. Everyone in the mansion soon came to like the intelligent, charming Issun-boshi, but none more so than the lord's daughter. Before long, he became her personal attendant
    One afternoon the princess took Issun-boshi along and went to pay her respects at the Kiyomizu temple. Along the way, two ogres suddenly jumped out onto the road and blocked their path. Issun-boshi unsheathed his sword and instantly threw himself upon their attackers. But then suddenly one of the ogres swallowed him up in one gulp. In retort, he stabbed at the insides of its stomach. The ogre was so overcome with pain that it threw Issun-boshi up out of its stomach. Issun-boshi immediately jumped up on the other ogre's eyebrow and stabbed at its eye. Defeated, the ogres fled away crying, and in the process, one of them dropped its magic hammer.
    The princess picked up the hammer and recognizing it for the Uchide no Kozuchi, said, "If you wave this, anything you ask for - money or rice - will be yours." Issun-boshi replied, "I want neither money nor rice. All I want is to become full-sized." The princess nodded, then waved the hammer, singing, "Growww, growww."
    In an instant, Issun-boshi became a full-grown, handsome warrior. He married the princess and they lived together happily. Issun-boshi’s reputation eventually allowed him to become a counselor in the Imperial Court.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So...as I was browsing my files I stumbled across an errant Sheet that I originally created for a RP that never got off the ground and since the Sheet was done I figured why not post it anyways. Even if it's from a long time ago and thus not up to my current standards, I can't be bothered to rewrite it and so here it is warts and all.

--------------------

- - - Updated - - -

Saber

"Do not fret my dear Master, you will be safe if you follow my command. I can say without a doubt that I have never betrayed a single person in my life..."

True Name: Cnut Sweynsson
    Epithet: "Ruler of the North Sea Empire"
    Source: Historical
    Place of Origin: Scandinavia (11th Century)
    Hidden Attribute: Human
    Catalyst: His Bones in Winchester Cathedral
    Alignment
    : True Neutral
    Dislikes: Family, Opposition
    Talents: Economics, Social Manipulation
    Natural Enemy: Edmund Ironside

Parameters:
    STR: (B) END: (C) AGI: (B) MGI: (B) LCK: (C) NP: (B)

Character:
    In terms of personality, Cnut externally embodies all the desired characteristics of a Christian King - strong, charismatic and possesses a passionate belief in God. However, Cnut has a very distorted view of what it means to be a Christian, which is why he sees no contradiction in committing one sinful act after another, from using Pagan Magic to conquer his foes, to marrying multiple wives to consolidate his power - no action is immoral if it is done to further the Lord's glory. Outside of his faith, Cnut is a cold and calculating individual who cares little for the feelings and lives of others. Yet he hides it behind a mask of charisma and affability in order to manipulate others onto his side. In spite of his stoic demeanour, there are a few things that can make him lose his cool and act irrationally. The obvious one is to be overtly blasphemous to God, but bringing up his arch-nemesis Ironside is also a major sore spot.

Upon being summoned, his Master will have to be on their guard around Cnut as even they are expendable in the grand scheme of things. He'll charm them with platitudes and even let them call him by his Christian name "Lambert" to forge a one-sided rapport. He has good compatibility with Masters who act like proper Mages like Tokiomi while having the worst compatibility with those who give in to their base desires - be they good like Tatsumi Kitano or evil such as Ryuunosuke Uryuu - who are difficult to control. When it comes to enemy Servants, he will have no qualms in using underhanded tactics such as taking aim at any potential weak points or even their Master. Nothing is off the table when it comes to claiming victory.

His Wish upon the Grail? He is infuriated to know "that bastard" Ironside's blood lives on in the bodies of the modern day British Royal Family whilst his own foolish sons squabbled until they died pointlessly and without heirs, thus ending Cnut's legacy. Therefore his Wish would be to alter history so that Cnut's progeny succeeded into the present instead of Ironside's.

Skills:

Class Skills

Magic Resistance - (B)
    Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. Cnut was well versed in the arts of magecraft and during his time conquering England he encountered many magical foes and beasts as the island still had the lingering presence of ancient mysteries. At this Rank, cancels spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for them to be affected.

Riding - (B)
    A Class Skill that typically belongs to Rider and Saber class Servants, denoting the ability to ride mounts and vehicles. Rider-class Servants will typically possess a high rank. It is said that dragon type mounts are an exception, requiring a different ability other than Riding. Whether it's travelling by horse or by sailing, Cnut has plenty of experience in riding mounts. As a result, most vehicles and animals can be handled with above average skill, even vehicles that did not exist in the time period one was alive in, for they are no exception. However, cannot ride the likes of Phantasmal Species such as Monstrous Beasts.

Personal Skills

Guile Tactics - (B)
    A battle methodology in which one grasps the flow of battle and induces the opponent to make a mistake, even without being a match for him/her in strength. A Skill not for self-strengthening, but to invite a check failure for the opponent, consisting of composed observation powers to wager on a momentary chance of victory. Cnut would often find himself in battle against stronger opponents such as his iconic battle against Thorkell the Tall and he would always prevail not by trying harder but by fighting smarter.

Protection of the Faith - (A)
    A Skill possessed only by those who have sacrificed themselves for a religious view. Despite being a form of divine protection, it is not a blessing from a higher existence. It is the absoluteness of one’s body and mind that was born from their beliefs. But if it is too high, it causes abnormalities in the personality. Cnut is a devout Christian to the point of fanaticism, genuinely believing that it is his mission to bring about a Paradise on Earth through his conquests. As a result of his piety, Cnut gains Plus Modifiers for all Checks encountered.

Rune Magic - (B)
    A Skill that denotes one having possession of Runes - the Magic Crest of Northern Europe. Though not as powerful as the Primordial Runes, Cnut has access to all 30 of the Viking Rúnstæf. These "whispered letters" are symbols that, once inscribed, automatically realize mysteries accordingly with the meaning that they represent. Other than direct magic attacks, Cnut has also inscribed them onto his sword and armour to enhance them which is particularly useful for making his heavy clothing and armour lightweight in order to take full advantage of his agility.

Noble Phantasm:

King Cnut and the Tide
    "All Waves, Rise now and Become my Shield, Lightning, Strike now and Become my Blade"

[Type: Anti-Army], [Rank: B], [Maximum Range: 1-500 Metres], [Maximum Number of Targets: All Within Effect]

An anecdote of a mad king who tried to prove his Divine Authority and command the elements themselves. Is this power truly from Providence above, or is it merely a trick through the power of Pagan Magic? Regardless this crystallisation of the legend manifests as Cnut's Noble Phantasm. Within a 500 metre radius the weather itself bends to Cnut's whims allowing him a variety of effects - from a wall of water to block enemy attacks to gale force winds to even calling down lightning to smite his foes. As long as Cnut can imagine it and it is within the realms of possibility it can be done. However as Cnut's power is to "command" and not "create", the desired weather phenomenon cannot spontaneously materialise, and so it will take precious seconds to pull water, ionise the air etc . Therefore it is a Noble Phantasm better suited to supporting Cnut in battle rather than directly doing the fighting for him.

When it comes to delivering the Coup d'Grace, Cnut surrounds his opponent in a sphere of water to trap them inside a makeshift prison before summoning lighting down into his hands to form a light sabre that he uses to cleave both the water sphere and the enemy in two. Even if they dodge the immediate strike, the enemy will still feel the effects of 1.21 Gigawatts of electrical current passing from the water into them.

Lore:
    Born during the chaotic days of the Viking Age, Cnut Sweynsson was a Danish Prince and son of King Sweyn Forkbeard - who sought to expand his rule past the borders of Denmark. Cnut himself was taught the ways of combat by the legendary Jomsviking Thorkell the Tall. The St.Brice's Massacre that took place in England gave King Sweyn the perfect excuse to finally invade England and the young prince Cnut decided to take part in his father's expedition despite barely having turned into a young man himself. The feeble resistance of Æthelred the Unready was no match for the might of the Vikings and Æthelred was forced into exile whilst Sweyn declared himself the first Danish King of England.

However the unexpected happened and after only five weeks of ruling, King Sweyn died "mysteriously" and the political class in Britain didn't want a foreign ruler so they re-installed Æthelred as King who managed to raise an army and ousted Cnut who fled back to Denmark. Receiving the support of his brother Harald, Cnut returned to England with a fleet of 200 longships with Vikings from all over Scandinavia. Though he was king, Æthelred decided wisely to leave the command to his son Edmund Ironside and thus began the fourteen month long battle of wits between the two princes. Every time - Cnut would strike at a different part of England, Edmund would go there and rally the people into an army that would fend off the raiders leading to an inconclusive battle. This went on for some time until the political class of England begged the two princes to come to the negotiating table as the country couldn't take anymore. However when the two met during a treaty, Edmund "mysteriously" died thus allowing Cnut to become the unchallenged ruler of all of England.

Cnut ruled England for nearly two decades. The protection he lent against Viking raiders—many of them under his command—restored the prosperity that had been increasingly impaired since the resumption of Viking attacks in the 980s. In turn the English helped him to establish control over the majority of Scandinavia, too. Before long, he had ascended to the Danish throne after his brother Harald suddenly died of unknown causes, he also claimed the crown of Norway and part of Sweden - allowing him to create what is now termed "The North Sea Empire". However, the Empire was built on fragile familial relations and after Cnut's death, the internal struggles between his heirs lead to the collapse of the Empire and England reverted back to an English monarchy.

Relationships:
    Artoria - "It is the failure of the King if they cannot control their subjects when they protest the King's firm hand."

Beowulf - "As I am the King of the Swedes, will you bow before me, o' warrior of Götaland?"

Eric Bloodaxe - "A man who submitted to the English has no place challenging me!"

Geṓrgios - "As the Saint of England naturally you will aid me, no?"

Richard the Lionheart - "For the crime of being a descendant of Ironside, I'm afraid you have no choice but to die here."

Sigurd - "Hmph. A so called hero of a bygone era. Fear not, I'll send you back to sleep soon."

Skaði - "A wicked deity of the inferior heathens...begone now. "

Creator's Notes:
    The faceclaim is naturally "Canute" from Vinland Saga, though I naturally went with the proper spelling of "Cnut". The personality on the other hand, owes more to Char Aznable than anyone else. Hmm...I think I might have made him too obsessed with Ironside, but I suppose that goes with making him the Amuro to Cnut's Char.

All comments and criticisms are of course welcome~
    Last edited by Skull; May 27th, 2020 at 11:19 AM.

oh yeah i never posted the april servant contest entry i didn't have done in time wild

Class: Assassin
    Subclass: Practitioner
    Alternate Classes: N/A

True Name: Christiaan Barnard
    Epithet: Master of the Heart
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Source: True History
    Origin: South Africa
    Armaments: Surgical instruments

Parameters:
    STR: E
    END: E
    AGI: D
    MGI: E
    LCK: A
    NP:

Biography
    Background
    Christiaan Barnard, born 1922 died 2001, was a surgeon from South Africa who famously performed the world's first 'successful' heart transplant-- that is, the first such surgery where the patient regained consciousness. This led to his name being remembered in medical history as an important figure in the surgical field, though not one entirely without controversy. In addition, he also performed the second ever successful kidney transplant, but that's not nearly as important. Over his career, he performed many heart transplants, some more successful than others, even after many fellow surgeons abandoned the practice due to overall low success rates. He persisted until the introduction of new, better immunosuppressive drugs allowed patients to more easily survive and their bodies to more easily accept the transplanted heart, which brought the surgery back into style.

Character
    Assassin is, if nothing else, a persevering individual. He firmly believes that no matter what, if you put your mind to something and give it your all, you'll see some positive results, if not outright success 100% of the time. As such, so long as his Master is somebody with similar determination in their spirit, he's sure to get along with them swimmingly, so long as they're okay with his 'eccentricities'.

He was a staunch opponent of apartheid, and though he still held some out of date beliefs, was generally a proponent of racial equality in all fields. This trait carries over into his existence as a Servant-- he is practically devoid of prejudices, though he may still have some backwards ideas, in the way of "that uncle who isn't like, a racist, but does think black people are inherently good at basketball". Due to his willingness to accept all people based on their merits instead of any inborn traits, he's able to function with any sort of teammates or Master, unless they themselves are a bigoted or dictatorial type.

As a medical daredevil of sorts, his willingness to experiment and try new things, whether or not they be 'ethical' or 'alright to do to a person', has been ramped up by his summoning. That is to say, he has a casual tendency to talk like a 'mad doctor', often wondering aloud about various surgeries he could perform to 'fix' or 'improve' individuals he sees have some sort of physical ailment, even when it's definitely not appropriate to say such things. A classic "For science!" type...

He's quite proud of his work, in a manner that's both boastful yet realistic. He hypes up his medical skills and buys into said hype, but is also the first to admit when he's made a mistake ("...However rarely I do."), and he'll even express pride in the medical skills of others. It seems his pride is stems less from 'look how great I am' and more from 'look how great medical science is!'

Skills
    Class Skills
    Presence Concealment
    This Skill has been lost due to Assassin's own interference.

Territory Creation
    Instead of a Workshop, Assassin creates an Operating Room, which is smaller but far more efficient. Within it, his parameters are all slightly increased.

Personal Skills
    Doctor of Steel
    Doctor of Steel is a Skill where one can treat the injuries of allies using scalpels and medicines created from magical energy. Strengthened beyond what it would normally be due to his reputation as 'Father of the Heart Transplant', a procedure thought to be near-impossible, Assassin is able to heal most physical injuries, with a 95% success-rate... though, even if the injury is repaired, the patient may not make a 100% recovery.

Human Anatomy Understanding
    Human Anatomy Understanding is a Skill that allows one to have a grasp of the inner workings of the human body, like a piece of precision machinery. All actions intended to heal through Skills, Magecraft, etc. are improved. Unlike certain other Servants with a medical background, however, damage by and to Assassin is not increased-- 'do no harm'. However, it does allow him to perform 'creative' surgeries in combat...

Noble Phantasm
    Or: Saint Graft
    Heart Transplant

Type: Surgical
    Within the bounds of his Operating Room, Christiaan is a maestro with a scalpel. Though his skills in life were, by his own admission, far from perfect, his reputation literally precedes him, and thus as a Servant his skills are magnified to the point of being similar to 'Magic'. That is, he can use his Noble Phantasm to change the very core of an individual... He can perform a figurative 'heart transplant', so to speak, while he and his target are within his Operating Room.

Essentially, he can take a deceased individual's 'Heart', be they human or Servant, and 'implant' it into another, living patient. This takes time, and is not guaranteed to work if the recipient and the donor are too fundamentally different, whether in terms of physical form or ideals, but it is well worth the wait and the risk. Upon a successful Heart Transplant, the patient's 'Heart' is replaced that of the donor. So, for example, if he were to transplant the 'Heart' of a Servant into a normal human, the human would 'become' that Servant for all intents and purposes, as the 'Heart' of a Servant is, of course, their Saint Graph. When the donor is not a Servant, however, it's instead "the donor's most defining trait" that is transplanted.

The recipient, after a brief recovery period, gains traits, abilities, skills, etc. that would logically be provided by the 'Heart' they received, within reason. That is, anything that's physically possible for them, becomes real. So, a person implanted with the 'Heart' of a Servant who is part beast, for instance, would not become part beast themselves (such as growing claws or fur), but would simply gain beastly personality traits and skills. After all, the only surgery performed on the person is the transplant of the 'Heart', not the rest of their body. In Servant terms, this means that though they will gain the donor's Skills, and perhaps even Noble Phantasm if possible, they won't gain their parameters or appearance.

Since it is a 'transplant', however, the recipient loses their own 'Heart', as it's been replaced by the donor's. So, a Servant will lose their own Skills and have them replaced by the new ones... except in one case.

Christiaan can, though he will be hesitant to do so, perform a more advanced form of this Noble Phantasm,
    Surgery in Defiance of the Natural Order
    Heterotopic Heart Transplant
    . Though a real heterotropic transplant, which involved giving the recipient a second heart in addition to their own instead of just replacing it, had a higher success rate than a standard one, dealing with 'Hearts' is far more complex than dealing with hearts. As such, the success rate of this Noble Phantasm is quite low, and has a significant chance to induce unintended, less-than-desirable side effects. Essentially, this version of the Noble Phantasm lets him 'combine' the two 'Hearts' into one... in Servant terms, it allows him to make the patient a 'Dual Servant', with all of the abilities of both the recipient and the donor. Though this, if successful, makes them incredibly powerful, the same rules regarding physical limitations and the aforementioned 'high chance of failure' keep this from being his standard choice of surgery.
    Last edited by kiwi; September 4th, 2020 at 07:41 PM.

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    What's up with this sudden influx of great Sabers? Praise the lord for that.

Issun-Boshi: UHMM EXCUSE ME? I THOUGHT HE WAS A GOOD BOY BUT HE’S ACTUALLY A THIEF WHO STOLE MY HEART?? THERE'S SOMETHING CLEARLY WRONG WITH THIS YOUNG MAN??? But oh boy, can you imagine having a skill that grants you advantage against all giant lifeforms and then having the size of a chihuahua? I can relate to half of this sentence at least. I loved that slight “Ant-Man touch” that his first Noble Phantasm had, too. I can imagine a lot of messy fights using it.

Cnut: My grandmother used to say, “nothing that has Char Aznable somewhere in its composition can go wrong” and I believe in that 100%... Fine, maybe she didn’t said THAT specifically, but it’s still the truth. I still think that, for something you’ve done so long ago, it still holds up quite nicely. Sure the personality is one-note and hellbent in this tunnel-vision goal, but it’s very much the logical approach considering who we’re talking about. His abilities are everything you expect a slimy warmonger to have and I love it. His hypocrisy (oh how fitting considering Christianism’s history) is a very good touch too.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFrenzy View Post
    Cnut: My grandmother used to say, “nothing that has Char Aznable somewhere in its composition can go wrong” and I believe in that 100%... Fine, maybe she didn’t said THAT specifically, but it’s still the truth. I still think that, for something you’ve done so long ago, it still holds up quite nicely. Sure the personality is one-note and hellbent in this tunnel-vision goal, but it’s very much the logical approach considering who we’re talking about. His abilities are everything you expect a slimy warmonger to have and I love it. His hypocrisy (oh how fitting considering Christianism’s history) is a very good touch too.
    Ye. Because it was created for the purposes of a RP, I didn't put my usual effort into describing the finer nuances of his personality since it would've shown through gameplay instead. Reading back he is awfully one note character wise but oh well~ here's hoping if he ever makes it into canon then TM will do a better job.

I was surprised given his fame that no one else seems to have done a Sheet of him though. :/

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I was kinda hoping Cnut would have a personality similar to some comedy sketch's interpretation of him.
    Pushed on to the whole tide incident by his flattering courtiers, but kinda going "almost certainly can't do it, but if by some chance I can, that will show up Edmund Ironside won't it". Then, to save some face when it failed, he turned it into a lesson for his court.
    Though anyways, a good sheet, but I'm wondering if that NP isn't drawing a bit too heavily on the legend actually working in Cnut's favor...

OH! Cnut! I severely misread his name initially, whoops!

Good sheet! Char as a Viking is an interesting take!

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    OH! Cnut! I severely misread his name initially, whoops!

Good sheet! Char as a Viking is an interesting take!
    I won't even mention what that word got auto corrected for.

Also I'M SO SORRY KIWI, you've posted your servant like a minute before I could post my own saber reviews so your boy got left out. Lemme correct this mistake: Christiaan is amazing. A shame you couldn't had placed him in the monthly contest, he'd surely get a lot of votes. He's so cool. (I loved his "benevolently racist granpa" vibe, it reminded me of that movie, Run I guess it's the name?) His abilities and entire kit is what you'd expect from a healer, and that's good. That star stat tho.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

Blog Entries
    Rider of the Storm

Class: Rider
    Other Classes: Lancer, Saber
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Place of Origin: Iceland

Parameters:

STR: C
    END: C
    AGI: B
    MGI: C
    LCK: A
    NP: B

Height: 5'4
    Weight: 160 lb
    Dislikes: Being blown off course
    Talent: Seafaring
    Natural Enemy: Her father, Chrisopher Columbus
    Attribute: Man
    Armament: Runic Sword, Runic Spear
    Catalyst: A bronze cloak pin excavated from L'anse aux Meadows

Class Skills:

Riding (A+): A Class Skill of Rider and Saber class Servants, denoting the ability to ride mounts and vehicles. Rider-class Servants will typically possess a high rank. It is said that dragon type mounts are an exception, requiring a different ability other than Riding. At this rank all vehicles and all creatures up to the level of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast can be used as mounts. Rider was an above average seafarer in life, however a high Luck stat has caused this skill to be higher than what it would normally be. This does not represent Rider's competence as a driver but rather their tendency to have their vehicles guided by the "winds of fate".

Magic Resistance (E): A skill that grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. At this rank, however, this skill cannot cancel spells but magic damage is reduced somewhat. Rider never encountered significant magecraft in life so this skill is the lowest it can be for her.

Personal Skills:

Voyager of the Storm (C): The talent to sail vessels recognized as ships. Because the ability as a group leader is also necessary, this unique Skill also has the effects of both Charisma and Military Tactics. At this rank Rider can competently captain a ship to reach far-off destinations. Although she was the first European to settle in the New World she only found out such a land existed after being blown off course. Anecdotes of being "blown off course" are a fixture of her legend.

Settler of the New World (EX): The skill of someone who has settled in an uncharted land. It can be considered a reduced form of Conquistador as it does not include the ability to invade, pillage or rule, only allowing one to inhabit and survive in an unknown land. Rider can settle in any area unfamiliar to her and thrive within it. This skill provides the means to persist for a day without a master provided the Servant doesn't stay in one area for too long and lives off of the land they occupy. As Rider is the origin of this skill her rank is EX.

Protection from Wind (Sea) (B): A chant that offers prayers to God, that oneself might receive a charm of protection against the calamity of evil spirits. A variant that is different from the one that originated in the Middle East, many maritime cultures send prayers and offerings to their god(s) for safe passage. At this rank, Rider not only gains protection from calamities but is guided by them. It is the skill of someone who gets lost at sea and still manages to arrive where they're needed, even if it wasn't their intended destination.

Noble Phantasm(s):

Akhlut
    ~Mistaken Herald of the New World~

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 3~30
    Max Targets: 50

When Rider arrived in the New World she not only encountered the native peoples living there but also vicious Phantasmal Species who managed to survive off of the Mystery that was still plentiful in those strange lands. One such Monstrous Beast, that she mistook for a Fenrir from her own culture, she had captured and tamed. The beast, called an Akhlut by the indigenous tribes, is an exceptionally powerful Phantasmal Beast from Inuit folklore who hunted on land and in the sea. This specific member was the last of their kind and was used by Rider to defend against other beasts and establish further settlements in her search for Vinland. Sadly the beast would meet a tragic fate as it was slaughtered by Rider's crew for food during their return trip to Greenland.

Vinland Saga
    ~Voyage to a Brave New World~

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 10~100
    Max Targets: 200

During Rider's mission to bring Christianity to Greenland, she and her crew were blown off course and encountered a vision of a "verdant land of grapevines". She took this as a sign from God and mounted an expedition to this land, guided by the same winds that showed her the vision in the first place. While in the New World she named several islands and established various short-term settlements until she found the Vinland that was in her mind's eye. Although she never created a permanent residence, she brought the story of Vinland back to Greenland and instilled the idea of a "New World" that lay across the ocean from Europe. She is notable for being the first person to have discovered the Americas 500 years before Christopher Columbus.

This Noble Phantasm is the crystallisation of Rider's voyage to Vinland. She can summon a Viking longboat that floats in the air as it is propelled by the "winds of fate" that initially carried it to the New World. It is manned by the phantoms of the crew that accompanied her. The longboat itself carries various armaments including shields, spears, bows and catapults and can be used as a weapons platform. The dragonic head at its bow can fire off jets of magical fire. However, upon Rider invoking its true name and holding a vision in her mind's eye, the vessel recreates the conditions that lead to Rider receiving the vision of Vinland. It'll create a massive storm that encircles it, stirring up hurricane force winds, whipping up waterspouts the size of buildings, bringing down massive bolts of lightning and creating hail the size of horses. As this was an event that happened to Rider she is subject to its effects as well but has the skills necessary to survive it for an extended period of time. Using the fullforce of this NP drains a lot of mana and it will continue to drain mana until Rider's vision is realised or she perishes. It is an all-or-nothing attack that perfectly captures the idea of one who is willing to risk everything chasing a dream.

Lore:

Rider's true identity is Leif Erikson, the Norse explorer from Iceland who discovered the New World 500 years before Christopher Columbus. Her story is told in the Eiríks saga rauða and the Grœnlendinga saga.

Aliases: Leif the Lucky, Leiv Eiriksson, Leif Ericson

Leif was likely born in Iceland some time between 970 and 980 A.D. Her father was Erik the Red, an explorer in his own right, who had a bad reputation because he clung unto his Norse beliefs instead of converting to Christianity. Growing up, Leif insisted on being called Erikson and not Eriksdottir as she wanted to join her father in his voyages across the ocean and one day lead expeditions of her own. Her father was exiled from Iceland after killing a farmer named Eyiolf the Foul (who himself had killed some of Erik's thralls). Leif wanted to join her father but was forced to stay and was raised by one of his remaining thralls, Tyrker, a man who Leif would consider a "foster father". Her Runic Sword and Spear were possessions passed down from her father and have been blessed by the Nordic Gods.

In 999, while travelling from Greenland, Leif and her crew were blown off course and found themselves in the Hebrides. There she was converted to Christianity by King Olaf Tryggvason and given the holy mission of spreading the word of God to Greenland, her father's land. After hearing the story of a land west of Greenland from a merchant, she took to the see and was blown off course yet again. It was when she was lost at sea that she received a vision of a "verdant land of grapevines". She also rescued a pair of men who had shipwrecked on this land. Upon arriving in Greenland she purchased a ship from the merchant who had first seen Vinland and headed off on her expedition for the New World. Following the merchant's route in reverse she first arrived on a desolate island she named Helluland followed by a forested land she named Markland. After taming a wild beast for her own protection and establishing various settlements she finally discovered her Vinland. There she spent the winter, filling her ship's hold full of grapes and timber. It was on her return to Greenland in the spring that she rescued some Icelandic castaways and was given the title "Leif the Lucky" after her tendency to arrive just where she is needed at the most opportune time.

After her great voyage was over she returned to Greenland and began preaching the word of God. This created a rift between her and her father, who still believed in his old gods, and her dreams of going on a journey with him were shattered. It is unknown when she died and her family line ended with her sons.

What's interesting to note is that even though the New World has since been colonised the true location of Vinland has not been determined. Archaeological evidence suggests it is located somewhere in Eastern Canada. However, Magus society believes that Vinland is a conceptual place where one's desires are made manifest. There is currently no evidence suggesting that such a place exists.

Personality:

Rider is fierce, stubborn but also a little ditsy. She is a strong believer in "fate" and "destiny". Once she has her mind set on a goal she will pursue that goal even if it brings great risk to her own life. To her, misfortunes and setbacks are "the way things were meant to be" or "as the winds of fate intended it". She is deeply religious and believes in the glory of God. Her beliefs pushed her father away and even though she is saddened by this she does not regret her choice to praise the Almighty. The irony of wielding weapons blessed by Pagan Gods is lost on her.

Creator Notes:

listen to "Immigrant Song" on repeat

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If you're going to genderswap Leif you could at least have bothered to change her name to Eriksdottir
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    If you're going to genderswap Leif you could at least have bothered to change her name to Eriksdottir
    I do as I like

Constructive criticism only pls

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NittyGritty View Post
    I do as I like

Constructive criticism only pls
    That sounded like creative criticism to me, you know. Basically "pay attention to the details of your sheet to not contradict yourself". There is a lot of good with the sheet. The NP's are very cool and the way her Voyager of the storm and Riding function is creative (although it bothers me that she has both since they should be mutually exclusive IIRC). However, some other things just don't work. Her personality feels largely disconnected from the image you seemed tried to pass and, honestly, the genderbending felt token and unnecessary (and that is coming from someone who genderbends a lot).
    In short, its a good set of powers that feels like they belong to someone else.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

hinga dinga durgen

nice sheet, even if the primary noble phantasm is aaaaah uhhh a bit of a stretch

and thank you for the kind words, frenzy!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    I have so far the Impression that Kashin is a sort of Person that is more powerfull/dangerous as it seems as that i got this vibe from the wiki page .and i thougth that he posses especially Curses and ilusions and as (one) noblephantasm that allows him Reality Marble based to turn his Illusions in Reality .though i must admit that im in japanese thaumaturgies like onmyodo not very in Depth familiar as most parts i deduce of it from other Animes like Inuyasha example wise .
    I thought that based on this two sentences >

That Koji could possess also mind reading abbilities and due to his ominous/enigmatic existense would it also somewhat justified that he was a Yokai or please note i am not really familiar with the person in Question habe i thought that Kashin reminds me on Abe no Seimei somewhat .

Also the only fate specific Mention is that he assisted /was allied with the Fuuma clan and created Kato Danzou and that one of her two noblephantasm is defacto one spell from him.
    I really don't know how to expand on your ideas so I'll just dump everything I know about Kashin Koji here.

Spoiler:
    Kashin Koji was a Buddhist monk but not an official one. Monks are required to abandon their households and live as free wanderers, but koji is a man who practiced the Buddhist faith without letting go of his stable residence.

Most of the info about him comes from a 16th century gossip book titled Gizan Koukaku. There it's said he worked as a monk for the Koufuku Temple in Yamato (currently Nara) but practiced mind control magic on the side. Just studying magic forbidden by Buddhism was enough grounds to get him banned from the Koufuku Temple, but he not only studied it but also frequently mind controlled people for pranks, so got kicked and stripped of his monk status. After being banned from monkhood, he decided his next life goal was getting a job on the Oda Nobunaga government. He displayed his illusions to Nobunaga's response was basically "you're a man of amazing talent but you're still not getting a job on my government". Taking this "no", he just became a wanderer.

Aside from Nobunaga, he also displayed his illusions for a few other rich and powerful people of his time, like Toyotomi Hideyoshi, Akechi Mitsuhide, Matsunaga Hisahide and Tokugawa Ieyasu. Most famously the latter two. His age was almost 88 at the time he visited Ieyasu. And there're many historians who believe he never existed.

He was a master of Buddhist magic (his mind control was not allowed by Buddhism but for some reason still counted as Buddhist magic), specializing mainly illusions, shapeshift and the already mentioned mind control. Later, in 1977, Shiba Ryoutarou wrote a novel titled "Kashin Koji no Genjutsu", where Kashin is portrayed as a ninja specialized in illusions. The novel was popular enough to make Kashin commonly associated with ninjas nowadays. The Type-Moon version of Kashin is associated with the Fuuma clan, so he's probably based on Shiba's novel instead of the "IRL" Kashin. Unfortunately I never read Kashin Koji no Genjutsu, so I can't go in any detail there.

The real Kashin was probably just a stage magician a few centuries ahead of his time. For a Servant version, you can use stage magician tropes to make up his personality. Make him all dramatic and performative like that. A guy who is there impress people with his cool tricks and takes satisfaction from a bewildered audience.

The most famous stories about his illusions are:
    -One time he appeared on the Sarusawa lake and transformed some bamboo leaves to make them swim. One man watching said he was faking it some how, so Kashin passed a toothpick on him as his teeth became loose for the rest of his life.
    -He built a deep friendship with Matsunaga Hisahide. One day Hisahide boasted "I fear nothing. Try and scare me if you can". And so Kashin terrified Hisahide by summoning his wife, who had died years before.
    -When he was displaying his illusion to Toyotomi Hideyoshi, he pissed him by exposing one of Hideyoshi's secrets on the dinner table. Hideyoshi condemned to crucifixion, but the cruficied Kashin was just an illusion and the real one escaped by transforming into a rat and getting caught by a hawk.
    -One time he pulled a boat from inside a painting and used it to sail into the horizon.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I really don't know how to expand on your ideas so I'll just dump everything I know about Kashin Koji here.

Spoiler:
    Kashin Koji was a Buddhist monk but not an official one. Monks are required to abandon their households and live as free wanderers, but koji is a man who practiced the Buddhist faith without letting go of his stable residence.

Most of the info about him comes from a 16th century gossip book titled Gizan Koukaku. There it's said he worked as a monk for the Koufuku Temple in Yamato (currently Nara) but practiced mind control magic on the side. Just studying magic forbidden by Buddhism was enough grounds to get him banned from the Koufuku Temple, but he not only studied it but also frequently mind controlled people for pranks, so got kicked and stripped of his monk status. After being banned from monkhood, he decided his next life goal was getting a job on the Oda Nobunaga government. He displayed his illusions to Nobunaga's response was basically "you're a man of amazing talent but you're still not getting a job on my government". Taking this "no", he just became a wanderer.

Aside from Nobunaga, he also displayed his illusions for a few other rich and powerful people of his time, like Toyotomi Hideyoshi, Akechi Mitsuhide, Matsunaga Hisahide and Tokugawa Ieyasu. Most famously the latter two. His age was almost 88 at the time he visited Ieyasu. And there're many historians who believe he never existed.

He was a master of Buddhist magic (his mind control was not allowed by Buddhism but for some reason still counted as Buddhist magic), specializing mainly illusions, shapeshift and the already mentioned mind control. Later, in 1977, Shiba Ryoutarou wrote a novel titled "Kashin Koji no Genjutsu", where Kashin is portrayed as a ninja specialized in illusions. The novel was popular enough to make Kashin commonly associated with ninjas nowadays. The Type-Moon version of Kashin is associated with the Fuuma clan, so he's probably based on Shiba's novel instead of the "IRL" Kashin. Unfortunately I never read Kashin Koji no Genjutsu, so I can't go in any detail there.

The real Kashin was probably just a stage magician a few centuries ahead of his time. For a Servant version, you can use stage magician tropes to make up his personality. Make him all dramatic and performative like that. A guy who is there impress people with his cool tricks and takes satisfaction from a bewildered audience.

The most famous stories about his illusions are:
    -One time he appeared on the Sarusawa lake and transformed some bamboo leaves to make them swim. One man watching said he was faking it some how, so Kashin passed a toothpick on him as his teeth became loose for the rest of his life.
    -He built a deep friendship with Matsunaga Hisahide. One day Hisahide boasted "I fear nothing. Try and scare me if you can". And so Kashin terrified Hisahide by summoning his wife, who had died years before.
    -When he was displaying his illusion to Toyotomi Hideyoshi, he pissed him by exposing one of Hideyoshi's secrets on the dinner table. Hideyoshi condemned to crucifixion, but the cruficied Kashin was just an illusion and the real one escaped by transforming into a rat and getting caught by a hawk.
    -One time he pulled a boat from inside a painting and used it to sail into the horizon.
    Thank you Comun ! good to know that my thought Train was with that he possess mind related abbillities are Right !

with These Infos i can work. though i have Envisioned his personality not overly dramatic more Cold but in some cases also short tempered ,as in my Lostbelt Story he does have a similar role like Ashiya and Rasputin. Also do i plan that he also has to Katou Danzou a Special relation which he sees as daughter and is pissed at Ritsuka to have "used" her.
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by the god of world-0 View Post
    That sounded like creative criticism to me, you know. Basically "pay attention to the details of your sheet to not contradict yourself". There is a lot of good with the sheet. The NP's are very cool and the way her Voyager of the storm and Riding function is creative (although it bothers me that she has both since they should be mutually exclusive IIRC). However, some other things just don't work. Her personality feels largely disconnected from the image you seemed tried to pass and, honestly, the genderbending felt token and unnecessary (and that is coming from someone who genderbends a lot).
    In short, its a good set of powers that feels like they belong to someone else.
    My understanding is that Riding deals with riding/driving single occupant mounts or terrestrial vehicles. Voyager of the Storm is more about captaining a ship as it includes both Military Tactics and Charisma. They are two different skills sets. Plus as a Rider she's required to have a Riding skill.

The face claim was because I am limited by what the internet has provide since I am not an artist. As for the genderbending, honestly if Nasu doesn't feel the need to justify it every time then neither do I. I understand some people here have opinions on it but it's not something that bothers me.

Kiwi: Thank you so much! I like to stretch things when I can. There was a gap in her story that I decided to fill it with some artistic license. I feel it's important to remember that Servants are being summoned in a world where magic exists so adding more fantastical elements to otherwise down to earth stories can be quite flavourful.

As for why she isn't called Eriksdottir, it's in the lore.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NittyGritty View Post
    My understanding is that Riding deals with riding/driving single occupant mounts or terrestrial vehicles. Voyager of the Storm is more about captaining a ship as it includes both Military Tactics and Charisma. They are two different skills sets. Plus as a Rider she's required to have a Riding skill.

The face claim was because I am limited by what the internet has provide since I am not an artist. As for the genderbending, honestly if Nasu doesn't feel the need to justify it every time then neither do I. I understand some people here have opinions on it but it's not something that bothers me.

Kiwi: Thank you so much! I like to stretch things when I can. There was a gap in her story that I decided to fill it with some artistic license. I feel it's important to remember that Servants are being summoned in a world where magic exists so adding more fantastical elements to otherwise down to earth stories can be quite flavourful.

As for why she isn't called Eriksdottir, it's in the lore.
    Albeit are Sea related Rider servants normaly strictly limited at the operating of ships can i see why you are gave her also Riding due to Akhlut which is a quite good idea though i have one Question has he some Special abbillities or in how powerfull Akhlut is in comparison to the strenght of servants ,and besides that poor Thing meet an sad ending i must admit .

i have nothng against the genderbending as sometimes they are quite good like Nero where the result where quite satisfying . Also About that with the faceclaim can i understand that especially if you have very specific idea how the charackter will look is it sifficult like when i searched for my Thales for one that meet my Imagination About two days , and About the fantastical Elements are you Right as i made my owm Nasu verse Explanation why the Titanic went down in her sheet where the reason where a Dead Apostle.

Though for me is her personality section a bit to short like it would be good to know how she interact with her Master .
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Also of note vis-à-vis the Skill debate is that Drake has both Riding and Voyager of the Storm, rendering the argument in NittyGritty's favor. There's also Mary and Anne's Voyage Skill to be considered, which is more of a direct analogue to Riding, only with ships (well technically steering a ship, but same difference).

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiki-pon View Post
    Also of note vis-à-vis the Skill debate is that Drake has both Riding and Voyager of the Storm, rendering the argument in NittyGritty's favor. There's also Mary and Anne's Voyage Skill to be considered, which is more of a direct analogue to Riding, only with ships (well technically steering a ship, but same difference).
    Only in GO though. In Extra she doesn't, so it's still sort of unclear.