Page 494 of 620 FirstFirst ... 394444484489492493494495496499504544594 ... LastLast
Results 9,861 to 9,880 of 12385

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Holy fucking shit this is edgy.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Beethoven's Great Fugue is a very... shall we say "challenging" piece of music

Worth a listen tho

Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    WOOOOH its out. I did not see it coming. I was getting quite giddy reading it all over again, but now knowing its official.
    I am on a next level now, folks. I have outsourced my stuff to other talented writers
    You even took my NP intro i came up with at random. You made Beethoven Senior a reality and better than I imagined, not to speak of better than I couldve done it.
    Thank you

and pls use Melancholia, I forgot the skill already. Perfect for...all your sheets?
    Man, in a few weeks Rach and with it my formatting style has its anniversary. time flies
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Aww, thank YOU, Del.
    European artists and musicians aren't usually my thing (I don't think I ever wrote anyone in that category other than Tussaud, Pavlova, and now Beet), so your ideas were very helpful. I was a bit worried about the lines and personality, in case I missed some important event/context/relationship/etc. due to my lack of knowledge about the topic, but I'm glad it all worked out in the end.

Also Asterism is here? Now that's a rare sight.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh right, couldve been an entry
    But idk how the rules handle official collabs
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nah, collab aside, I just feel better going with a 100% original entry from my mind.
    No clue what just yet tho. The vague 1-2 ideas I have now ain't historical enough to fit the prompt.

Blog Entries
    Nur Jahan: Great sheet. She'd be an interesting character to see in action in a story.

Beethoven: Very solid sheet. The NPs in particular are great. Striking imagery.

失敗作の神 God of Failed Work Spelror's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    guys why is it that when I add a pic and preview it the pic doesn't show

Ok i forgot to check the file format lmao

Blog Entries

Assassin of Bloodlust - Celtchar mac Uthechar

Another GaS Servant, and the second I actually won GaS using. I got interested in Celtchar again when I learned that he was the first ever Servant (first standard Servant anyway) statted for CaS. He's one of my edgier Servants, but more angsty Shadow the Hedgehog-style edgy (or maybe John Wick-style, given his legend), i even gave him a Skill called 'Nothing Personal', instead of, er, 'Yikes' edgy:

Assassin of Bloodlust

(By Pixiv Id 7059987, who's apparently since left Pixiv)

“Summoned without my greatest weapon… probably the smart idea, all things considered.”

True Name:
    Celtchar mac Uthechar
    Aliases: Celtchair mac Uthidir, the Grey and Terrible
    Alt. Classes: Lancer, Berserker, Avenger
    Source: Myth
    Region: Ireland, specifically Northern
    Catalyst: Summoning upon the Mound of Down (may have a chance of rolling Saint Patrick instead)
    Armament: Lacking his spear, he uses mainly his own fists, specifically to grasp. Also hammer and nails along with a wooden gauntlet through his NPs.

Character: “I can kill these other Servants no problem, but don’t push your luck ordering me around.”

One of the most fearsome and foreboding warriors on the side of Ulster in legend, a contemporary of other great names such as Cuchulainn, Fergus mac Roich, and most crucially for him, Conchobar mac Nessa. He teamed up with Conchobar in a rescue mission against Connacht, but such a positive relation would not last…

Celtchar was always temperamental, having gotten in multiple fights with fellow warrior Cet mac Magach, with one of these bouts even having… unfortunate consequences for Celtchar’s virility. It is debatable if Celtchar being constantly on edge was the psychological result of wielding his infamous Luin spear, or if his instability was what led him to seek out the spear in the first place. Said temperament led Celtchar to murder another fellow warrior, Blai Briugu, for sleeping with his wife, not caring that Briugu was forced to do so by a Geis.

News of the murder breaking, Conchobar mac Nessa ordered Celtchar to seek out and kill three menaces as a form of what nowadays we’d call ‘community service’, or an abridged form of the Twelve Labours assigned to Heracles. Also like Heracles, Celtchar used to a combination of tactical trickery and physical brutality to accomplish his tasks: the slaying of the seemingly invincible Conganchnes mac Dedad, the monster hound Luch Donn… and of his own hound, Doelchu.

Oddly, he only used the Luin for the final task of killing his own dog, which led to his death as the poison that naturally ran within Doelchu seeped out and killed him. Given Celtchar should’ve known about Doelchu’s poison and poison in general, it being used to contain the Luin, it can be speculated whether Celtchar’s death was an accident, or form of suicide, knowing how truly hated he was by his peers and authorities.

While he can’t turn down an offer as illustrious as the Grail, Celtchar can be incredibly skeptical of his Master right off the bat, cautious about which other Servants he’s being asked to kill and would rather get the War finished quickly as possible. He’s been conditioned to assume that his allies see him as more tool than human, and that if he tries to form any bonds they’ll just be used against him. That said, he does think being summoned as Assassin over Lancer is a smart decision, given the Luin’s inherent destructiveness that isn’t a concern in this Class. Incidentally, while he’d have both the Luin and its sealing cauldron as Lancer, as Berserker he’d only have the Luin as Noble Phantasm without any way to restrain it.

Attribute:
    Earth
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Likes: Solitude, the colour grey, his wife and dog, getting the job over with
    Dislikes: Geasa and those who use them as an excuse, taking orders, castration, movies where the dog dies
    Relationships:

• Heracles: “Twelve? Even Conchobar only order three trials…”
    • Michael Collins: “Heh, imagine the warriors of my time seeing our land’s Modern Heroes have gotten more like me in method.”
    • Estella: “So you do or don’t have a heart to rip out? Oh, talking metaphors I hear?”
    • Zaroff: “Your motives do seem to match Cuchulainn’s, if he had the sorry fate to be born in far less enchanted an era.”
    • Bolivar: “Another Servant I meet with a dog, theirs dies too.”
    • Charlie Chaplin: “Hmph, you seriously call that a spear? And you say Southwest Ireland's pretty? Wouldn't know, I'm from the opposite end.”
    • Grainne: “Meh, Geis-defaulting Southerner.
    • Glinda: “You’re... different from the Fae I know of. Or maybe not, since you’re manipulative to get us humans to do all your work for you.”
    • Cesare: “I can’t stand you. It’s like you’re the same automaton Conchobar wishes I were.”
    • Ozma of Oz: “A Human-Fae hybrid? I hate to imagine that childhood.”
    • Yoshitsugu Otani: “Fight for friendship, not obligation? If only we all had that opportunity. Well, not me, I’m not one for friends.”

Master: He’s likely to get off on the wrong foot with nearly any Master, simply for them holding Command Seals (not helped by those Seals numbering Three of all numbers).
    Natural Enemy: Blai Briugu, Medb, Cet mac Magach, ultimately Conchobar mac Nessa
    Wish: To never be forced to take orders again
    Rarity: 4/5

Parameters

• Strength: ***** B+
    • Endurance: ***** C-
    • Agility: ***** C
    • Magic: ***** C
    • Luck: ***** D
    • Noble Phantasm: ***** C

Class Skills

Presence Concealment

Can hide one’s presence as a Servant.

• Rank C: Assassin is normally a quite noticeable figure, making him not the best fit for this Skill. However, him being involved in rescue missions against Connacht and sneaking up to kill Conganchnes show he has at least some skill at infiltration.

Personal Skills

Beast Slayer

Ability to precisely attack Magical Beasts and wild animals.

• Rank B: Two of Assassin’s three trials focused on killing phantasmal hounds, one of them giant-size. As effectively as he killed the first, killing the second led to his death in turn.

Bloodsoaked Recklessness

Increases offensive power when continually attacking the enemy, at the cost of decreasing defensive power.

• Rank B: Diminished in the Assassin class, especially without access to the Luin. Still, bloodsoaked fury is so central to Assassin’s legend that the Skill persists in some form. Would be Rank A as Lancer and Rank A+ as Berserker.

Heart Break

Ability to reach inside a Target who has failed a save check, crushing their heart in one’s own hand.

• Rank A+: A grisly killing method he used to finish off his target Luch Donn. Gains a Plus rank whenever a Target is already under the effects of Fossa Fearnoige.

Nothing Personal

A ‘just business’ approach to killing, the ideal mindset of a contract killer or mercenary. Increases the effectiveness of killing techniques the less emotion the killer feels towards his target.

• Rank B: Assassin killed both Conganchnes mac Dedad and Luch Donn solely because he was commanded to, not out of any anger or revenge. However, his anger quite clearly effected his killing of Blai Briugu, which was what sent him on his trials, and his affection for Doelchu made killing him the hardest.

Noble Phantasm

Casur Conganchnes
    Nails In Your Feet

Type: Anti-Unit
    The first menace to Ulster that Assassin was sent to dispose of was Conganchnes mac Dedad, the uncle of the legendary Cu Roi left vengeful after his nephew’s death. Conganchnes was believed invincible due to having horn-like skin, but after Assassin arranged a marriage between his target and his daughter Niam, he learned from her that Conganchness did indeed have a weakness. By hammering red-hot spits into Conganchnes’ feet, Assassin killed the unkillable.

This set of hammer and nails can be used to feet bypass an enemy Servant’s defence completely, treating their Endurance as if it were Rank E--. The catch is they must be pierced into the soles of the enemy’s feet like the world’s most painful horseshoe-fitting to work, anywhere else on the body and they’ll only do as much damage as nails regularly would. Obviously, this is not an easy part of the body to grasp due to the sheer close range needed, but Assassin can get around this by at first sprinkling the spits over the ground like caltrops.

Fossa Fearnoige

Hand In Your Heart

The means by which Assassin killed the second menace, the giant-sized, settlement-destroying monster hound Luch Donn. By wearing a hollowed-out alder log on his arm then smothering it in honey, Assassin was able to trick the beast into biting the log before it could reach his arm, getting its fangs stuck in there while he had enough time to reach in and tear out its heart.

Appearing as a wooden gauntlet over his arm, this Noble Phantasm has the effect of making anything that touches it stick like glue to its surface. The enemy’s weapons can become nigh impossible to remove from it, with disaster ensuing if one should strike the gauntlet with their bare hands. Losing projectile weapons to the gauntlet though will be less of an issue, A-Rank Strength will break through the gauntlet’s stickiness, and being made of wood it has a natural weakness to fire (though as it’s made of alder, less so than other types of wood). And of course, one could always be quick and/or lucky enough to hit Assassin somewhere other than his arm.

Doelchu
    Poison In Your Blood

Type: Familiar

Assassin’s own dog, which he found by the mound where he lived and raised from a pup. After it started attacking the livestock of Ulster, it became listed as the third and final menace Assassin had to kill. Doelchu’s own blood is poisonous to humans, which led to Celcthar’s own death as he killed it with the Luin, dog ended up killing master as master killed dog.

Assassin can call upon Doelchu to fight in battle with him, the dog’s fangs and claws carrying a strong venom against other Servants, through biting, clawing, or bleeding out through wounds. However, Assassin himself has no resistance to his own dog’s poison, leaving him vulnerable if the two get too close in the heat of battle. Like with Assassin himself, this dog is best finished off with long-range attacks, though Doelchu’s speed can allow it to quickly close any gap.

For Comparison: Optimus' Lancer - Historia's Lancer - BirdofHermes' Berserker (which makes me think I should add an alternate genderswapped faceclaim). There were other sheets by machiavellianFictionist and BirdofHermes again, but they seem to have gone missing

And no, the Conganchnes' feet thing isn't actually where my username comes from. That'd be from here
    Last edited by NailsInYourFeet; October 5th, 2022 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Little bit of spacing

Blog Entries

Lancer - Kuzunoha

Hmm, so do I have this thread all to myself now, given the contest is going on? Eh, probably not, but here's a sheet that wouldn't really have fit the prompt

Originally, I just wanted to use business suit Ran 'cause I thought the art was cool, but being remined that one of Inari's domains was commerce made me feel it could be a better fit than I first thought

Yeah, I admit that the Lancer class is somewhat of a stretch for her (she was originally planned to be Faker in fact), I guess I felt I was really short on Lancers. Plus, I think an Assassin whose abilities fit Lancer better and a Lancer whose abilities fit Assassin better makes for kind of a cool contrast:

Lancer of Arrowroot

(by Nehan)

“As messenger of a greater god, I cannot stay for long in this world. But if we make this War a short one, I doubt I’ll try Lord Inari’s patience.”

True Name: Kuzunoha
    Alias: ‘Arrowroot’, Kuzu no Ha, White Fox of Shinoda
    Alt. Classes: Caster, Assassin, Archer, Pretender, Rider (inverse)
    Source: Myth and Folklore, partly History due to her son
    Region: Japan
    Catalyst: Arrowroot leaves by her shrine. The chrysanthemums she viewed or her kitsune ‘star ball’ could also be used
    Armament: Kudzu vines, Fire and Lightning spells

Character: “I really am back in the human world, for more than just relaying my Lord’s messages. Doji, I… hope this is a world you predicted, that you would’ve striven to create, because I can’t be sure of that myself.”

One of the most powerful kitsune in Japanese folk history, a white fox serving under the deity Inari.

She became famed for her relationship with a human, Abe no Yasuna, birthing her human-kitsune son Abe no Seimei. However, the relationship between human and spirit in human form was an ultimately forbidden one, and once her son saw her hidden fox tail, in the same room as the human her appearance was mimicking, Kuzunoha was forced to leave. She met with her husband and child one last time in a kudzu grove, where now stands a shrine and pond sacred to her and Inari. While Seimei would grow to be the most accomplished court mage in Japanese history, it has been said that even he only had but a portion of his mother’s power.

Lancer gives off a friendly and helpful but professional air, much as one would to fellow business partners than any close friends. While she doesn’t want to antagonise anyone, she’d rather things remain somewhat distant so as not to develop too strong an attachment to anyone, given the grief that ensued the last time that happened. She's naturally quick to shut down anyone who assumes kitsune girls are easy or all want husbands.
    Her demeanour is comparable to a woman forced to choose between her family and career and ultimately pushed into the latter, if due to the human-youkai divide rather than say financial struggles. While she does have a passion for poetry, unfortunately she rarely gets time to spend writing.

She may seem an odd fit for the Lancer class, but as the Archer class can encompass a range of projectile weapons, so can a variety of long-range melee weapons like chains, vines in her case, qualify one as Lancer. While this means certain grand magical powers are now beyond her, being an inherently magical being she still carries all the standard kitsune powers, fire, lightning, illusions, shapeshifting, and her Master may prefer the reduced mana cost.

Given her memories of Japan in the Heian era have become romantic nostalgia in her mind, returning to the mortal world in the modern era is… jarring for her. It may be the same for most Servants, with or without the Grail filling them in, but Lancer is especially affected since she saw the human world as a romantic retreat rather than as a home. She wonders if humans need kitsune and other spirits anymore, or if in fact they need them now more than ever, as a check to their power.

She gets a twitch every time she sees her son depicted as either elderly or young but still adult, given he was only five years old when she last saw him. Even harder to her to believe is that fellow fox girl Tamamo-no-Mae has anything to do with Amaterasu, Lancer saying that Inari would’ve told her long ago if that was the case. That her beloved kudzu leaf has since grown a reputation as international menace is also hard for her to accept, making her feel the plant’s PR needs to be improved stat.

(by Irue. Source)

Attribute: Sky
    Alignment: Lawful Good, though torn between ‘Lawful’ and ‘Good’. Her actual skillset does feel more naturally Chaotic though
    Likes: Arrowroot products (tea, mochi, biscuits), poetry, trying on new forms, theatre
    Dislikes: Kudzu’s modern reputation, human-divine separation, choosing between career and family, kudzu bugs

Relationships:

• Beethoven: "To think in my time your melancholia would've been blamed on spirits like us."
    • Sorghaghtani: "Lucky you. Between career and children, you got to have both."
    • Christian Caldwell: "I have little tolerance for hunters, they only sever what bond the human and spirit worlds have left."
    • Toriyama Sekien: "I can entertain you for a while, since it seems our interests cross. Just... behave yourself, okay?"
    • Goethe: “Oh my, don’t think I didn’t notice how your own wife came to your rescue.”
    • Egdon Heath: “It’s like how the larger world sees my vines, an all-consuming mass of nature…”
    • Kafka: “I actually have some business training, thanks to my Lord’s domains. Although, ahem, I see human bosses treat their employees significantly worse than fox deity ones…”
    • Christina: “Had you somehow been my child… I admit, I wouldn’t have been that good a mother either. But I can at least promise I would’ve been better than your Maria Eleanora.”
    • Alfonso X: “You are like a Western onmyouji if you can read the stars, but pity that unlike our onmyouji, those stars utterly destroyed your idea of reality.”
    • Bolivar: “Principalities? Hmm, a definitely different kind of divine messenger than us servants of Inari.”
    • Elagabalus: “I wouldn’t say all human mothers or grandmothers treat their children like tools, but imperial ones sure seem to. Er, probably shouldn’t have said that, given my own Emperor.”
    • Chaplin: “Your time keeps saying its cinema is like ‘an illusion’. Pardon me, but as an actual illusionist, I may have to doubt that. Huh, an illusion of an illusion.”
    • Francisco Goya: “To outlive all your children, never seeing most of them past their childhood… it’s a nightmare I can certainly comprehend. But I suppose I’m just another mage to you, regardless of where my powers come from.”
    • Glinda: “We’re similar, you and I, given our service to our genderbending mistress. Pity you can’t get over your dislike of shapeshifters, except of course when your own queen does it.”
    • Ginchiyo: “My, now I’m curious if you can cut my own lightning as your father reportedly did to Raijin’s.”
    • Ozma: “Denying your true self, nearly turning you to stone, your Mombi deserved everything she had coming.”
    • Celtchar: "Huh, a Lancer-like Assassin and an Assassin-like Lancer. How curious."

Master: An immediate problem with summoning Lancer is that, as a divine kitsune, she’ll always see Inari as her ‘real master’, already making her relationship with her Grail Master slippery. Much as divided loyalties may pose problems, she is still easy enough to get along with that
    Natural Enemy: Anyone shapeshifter or illusionist who abuses their powers, or comes in the way of families who don’t want to part. Ashiya Douman by association
    Wish: For human and spirit worlds to not have to be kept apart, much as that may be against Inari’s wishes.

(by Chikage/Kinokodou. Pixiv account not available)

Parameters

• Strength: ***** D
    • Endurance: ***** C
    • Agility: ***** B
    • Magic: ***** A
    • Luck: ***** D
    • Noble Phantasm: ***** B

Class Skills

Magic Resistance

Built-up immunity to magic.

• Rank A: Lancer is more than accustomed to magic, being a kitsune, servant of a deity, and mother of one of Japan’s greatest ever mages. A-Rank Spells and below are negated, making her untouchable by modern magi.

Personal Skills

Illusion Arts

Magic that muddles the psyche and projects illusions onto reality.

• Rank A: As one of the most powerful kitsune of folklore, Lancer can create illusions that appear indistinguishable from reality, enough to drive people mad trying to figure out what’s real and what isn’t. In this class, her illusions can be especially useful in disguising her vines from enemies until it's too late and can especially confuse her enemy when combined with Shapeshifting, which actually does change her appearance.

Onmyoudou (Prototype)

Not the magical tradition of Onmyodo itself, but rather the raw magical powers encompassing chronomancy, astromancy, and familiar control that would eventually become codified as onmyodo.

• Rank A: The most heralded of all onmyoji, Abe no Seimei, was said to have only a portion of his mother's power. However, as Lancer had little chance to interact with her son, who learned about the onmyodo independently, her onmyodo-like powers are in a much rougher, unfocused form. She largely has affinity for the Fire and Wood elements of the Wu Xing.

Shapeshift

Transformation and possession, a common ability of kitsune and related youkai.

• Rank B: Lancer almost always prefers transformation over possession, even if it can lead to awkward circumstances such as the actual person showing up in the same place as the imitator. Other than appearing as other humans, a common transformation of hers is a giant tree, or as a fire- or lightning-elemental. Transforming into a ‘second moon’ though would require a different class and a massive influx of mana.

Zenko (Messenger of Inari)

Status as a servant and messenger of the deity Inari, thus one of the ‘good kitsune’.

• Rank A: Allows all her standard kitsune powers, such as fire and lightning spells and her Illusion and Shapeshift skills, to receive a boost in power through a ‘Holy’ modifier. Also grants knowledge in fields governed by Inari, such as with rice, blacksmithing, and economics.

Noble Phantasm

Shinoda no Mori
    Where Arrowroots Always Rustle

Type: Anti-Fortress

"I try to be proper and polite, but any kitsune can get ruthless when pushed. Just as the kudzu is not one to cross..."

Lancer’s own name means ‘Kudzu leaf’ and sure enough she is closely associated with the notorious plant, her shrine and place of departure from her son and husband having been covered in its vines. While the plant has a fairly benevolent reputation in her Japanese homeland, being used in tea and medicine, that reputation changed upon its spread to the rest of the world. Due to wreaking havoc as a noxious weed across the Southern US, the plant would become infamous worldwide as the foremost of invasive species (even if reports of its destruction may have been exaggerated).

The kudzu vines Lancer controls are her qualification for the class, being classed as ‘long-range melee weapons’ the same as chains and of course spears might. The vines are capable of rapid growth and can quickly cover a wild area, devouring the native plants and trees along the way and even covering buildings, hence this Phantasm’s Anti-Fortress qualifier. With some enhancement applied by her, the vines can ensnare and strangle Servants the same way they can plants, especially if said Servant possesses any plant-like traits, although Servants who share her homeland of Japan will have some inherent resistance to them.

This Phantasm can become even more dangerous when combined with her kitsune magic. A kudzu can resist fire, she can use it to spread her fire spells further, channel electricity through the vines, hides her vines with illusions, or hide herself by turning into vines that an enemy couldn’t tell apart from the rest.

Koishiku ba
    A Fox’s Farewell Message

"These are words that lead to one's end. The hardest words I've ever had to write."

The famous farewell poem Lancer wrote to her son and husband, if an ambiguous one that promises, or at least wishes for, a family reunion someday. It reads: Koishiku ba / tazunekite miyo / izumi naru / shinoda no mori no / urami kuzunoha, which has been translated as "If you love me, darling, come and see me. / You will find me yonder in the great wood / Of Shinoda of Izumi Province where the leaves / Of arrowroots always rustle in pensive mood."

She carries it around written down on a silk screen. When shown and read out loud to her target, it can instill an obsession effect within them, where Lancer will rise to the highest priority on their own target list, overriding their thoughts and priorities for any other Servant. While becoming another Servant’s top priority is something most would rather avoid, when combined with Lancer’s Illusion and Shapeshifting skills, constantly eluding her pursuer and leading them into a trap becomes much easier, like an advanced version of a kitsune’s hitodama. Being a mental effect, strong enough Mental Resistance can block it.

Employing her farewell poem as a weapon, one of the most personal things to her, does not make her comfortable, as does wielding kudzu as a weapon as if to conform its dangerous reputation. Still, the War must be won, so her business-like mind admits she can’t be picky about what she has at her disposal.

For Comparison:
    the god of world-0's Caster

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Blog Entries

Source: Wallpapersmug

Class: Caster
    Other Classes: N/A
    True Name: Lubna of Cordoba
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Place of Origin: Andalusia (10th Century)

Parameters:

STR: D
    END: D
    AGI: D
    MGI: C
    LCK: C
    NP: B

Height: 171cm
    Weight: 90lbs
    Dislikes: Lost knowledge
    Talent: Writing and translating, creating libraries
    Natural Enemy: Julius Caesar
    Attribute: Man
    Traits: Female, Humanoid, Weak to Enuma Elish
    Armament: A scroll
    Catalyst: A mathematics scroll written in Arabic writing and bound with royal cloth.

Class Skills:

Territory Creation B: Permits her to create a minor "Library" which enhances her spells with the knowledge she can collect.

Item Construction C: She is not particularly good at creating items, but can create some items that she wishes, mainly those easily calculatable.

Personal Skills:

We Are Two, We Are One A: A major theory about her is that she was actually two people, Lubna and Fatima. While Lubna did do most of the things accreddited to her, Fatima handled the scouring of the markets. While this is not what actually happened, she is capable of splitting into two entities due to that. One, Lubna, keeps most of her skills. Fatima, however, takes Scouring the Markets.

Magecraft C+: In general, she was a relatively mediocre mage, however, she added on knowledge she learned from the books she collected, more and more, creating a patchwork magecraft style drawing on things as disparate as mathematical formulas and epics from Homer to calculate the feats.

Scouring The Markets B: She scoured the markets for new books constantly, neverendingly on the search for more to add to the collection of the library she helped found. This skill grants her the ability to more easily track down sources of knowledge, as well as remember knowledge she collects so she can patch it into her magecraft.

Noble Phantasm(s):

Medina Azahara
    The Center of Learning

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 100 meters
    Max Targets: 100 targets

The sublimation of the library of Medina Azahara, one of the greatest libraries in the world for a time, and a library which she helped found. Passively, it manifests as the collected knowledge of it, which she can reproduce on any piece of paper some of the works. She can also offensively use this, overloading targets with information in the form of light which she can shape to her will.

Lore: Lubna of Cordoba was a famous intellectual, poet, and mathematician. She was most noted for her skills in math and science, as well as her writing and collection. She was noted for also helping to found a library that was one of the most famous and most important for a time.

Personality: A person obsessed with knowledge. She loves speaking to anyone and everyone she can and collecting all of their knowledge, though her favorite departments are sciences, math, writing, and history. She loves also incorporating them into her spells to create ever-more-interesting patchworks. Her wish would be to know everything there is to know.

Relationships:

Julius Caesar: "How dare you burn the Library of Alexandria? Anyway, in your words what were the battles of Gaul like?"

Sei Shounagon: "The Pillow Book, eh? What are some of your favorite traditions and favorite poems from there?"

William Shakespeare: "I haven't had a chance to read your plays. Could you describe some of them to me?"

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: "Music? Oh, how wonderful. What is your primary strategy when composing?"

Oda Nobunaga: "Your conquests, I must say, were indeed impressive. What tactics do you prefer?"

Creator's Notes:

As always, amazing sheet Nails!

Blog Entries

Source: A Xien

Class: Archer
    Other Classes: Rider
    True Name: Lin Daoqian
    Alignment: Neutral Evil
    Place of Origin: China (1500s)
    Stars: 4/5

Parameters:

STR: B
    END: C
    AGI: C
    LCK: D
    NP: B

Height: 181cm
    Weight: 110lbs
    Dislikes: Tricks
    Talent: Attacking people
    Natural Enemy: Oda Nobunaga
    Attribute: Earth
    Traits: Male, Humanoid, Weak to Enuma Elish
    Armament: San Jian Dapao
    Catalyst: Eighteen and a half bamboo baskets of treasure

Class Skills:

Independent Action B: An independent person who never bowed, constantly fighting and warring. Thus, he gains a relatively high rank in this skill.

Magic Resistance C: He encountered little magic in life, although he did see some, so thus has a relatively low rank in this skill.

Personal Skills:

Crowing of the Divine Rooster B: The sublimation of the "Divine Rooster Crowing" which was supposed to crow at dawn, aiming his shots perfectly. However, the rooster was spooked and crew in the middle of the night, leading it to not land well. This skill grants him an alarm when it becomes dawn, as well as a brief period of perfect accuracy. This may also trigger at random times in the night.

Bloody Patchwork B: The sublimation of the fact that he supposedly used the blood of his victims as caulk for his ships. Blood that he spills fuses back into him, healing him. If he doesn't need any healing it hardens, forming into an armor for him floating around, not limiting his mobility but shielding him from blows. Servant Mana is even more eff/ective.

Voyager of the Storm C: He was a quite competent pirate in his own right, granting him this skill designating his ability to pilot a ship, as well as coming with Charisma at the same rank.

Noble Phantasm(s):

San Jian Dapao
    Carefully Forged and Divine

Type: B
    Range: 1000 meters
    Max Targets: 1 Targets

The sublimation of the three bronze cannons he forged to aid a kingdom, as well as the three golden arrows which he used to try to kill the Emperor. This manifests as three floating cannons which shoot golden pointed cannonballs akin to titanic arrowheads. When their true name is called, two of them unleash a bombardment of them at a particular point. This can also be used to activate the third cannon's true name instead, launching a cannonball at his Spiritual Core to cause a devastating explosion but destroying him.

Lore: Lin Daoqian was a famous pirate and warrior who raided many areas. Many legends were created about him across the places which he raided, including legends that he made a deal to get a divine rooster and three magical arrows. If the arrows were shot at the same time as the rooster crew for dawn, the emperor would be killed. He also supposedly used his opponent's blood to patch up his ship.

Personality: Bloodthirsty, fierce, and cruel. He adores power, wealth, and especially good battles, laughing in glee as he indulges in combat, watching blood spill and keep him endlessly going, though if a fight gets boring he won't hesitate to bombard them with an endless series of cannonballs instead. His wish for the Grail is to have the most power and wealth in the world.

Relationships:

Oda Nobunaga: "The great conqueror? Bow down to me."

Wu Zetian: "I must say your appetite for blood is impressive, but not as much as mine."

Qin Shi Huang: "What do you mean dominion?"

Lu Bu: "Madness? How fun. Ready for me to claim your title?"

Chen Gong: "Pathetic to never go on the field yourself."

Prince of Lan Ling: "A truly impressive general. Let's see, will our battle be worth it?"

Yu Mei Ren: "Love? When does love ever matter?"

Blog Entries

Lancer - Arachne

Lancer of Spiders

(by Genzoman. Source)

“You don’t want a Divine Servant, Master. You want a Servant that can tell the Divine to take a hike!”

True Name: Arachne
    Alt. Classes: Assassin, Avenger
    Source: Mythology
    Region: Greece
    Catalyst: Ancient Greek herbs
    Armament: Giant pincers (hence her Class), webs, venom, modified and enlarged sewing needle

Character: “Who am I? I’m the one who showed that morals don’t need gods, we’re great all on our own!”

Arachne was a mortal girl whose life and background were seemingly unremarkable, yet she had one great talent, being a virtuoso at weaving. So much, that others even proclaimed she was a better weaver than the goddess Athena. While they may have said that only as an expression, Arachne, being someone with no love for the Olympians given their treatment of humanity, and prideful of the one thing she truly excelled, began to say the same thing with complete seriousness.

But the gods would not let such words slide, for when Arachne agreed to a weaving contest against a harmless-looking old lady, it then turned out her competition was none other than Athena herself in disguise. Despite the shock of truly being up against the divine, Arachne however managed to prove her own boast right. Where Athena wove a tapestry continuing to glorify her fellow gods, Arachne wove a greater, more crowd-swaying tapestry that made the gods’ mistreatment of humanity clear for all to see.

Then it turned out that Arachne being a better weaver than Arachne didn’t matter for the contest, as rather than gracefully accept her loss, Athena struck Arachne, who was driven to near suicide out of either shame or probably fear, to die rather than fall into Athena’s hands. But fall into Athena’s hands she did, as depending on the storyteller, Athena changed her into the first spider either in anger or out of pity, or perhaps both given the goddess’ stern warning that Arachne and her descendants would forever remain spiders to never be able to challenge the gods again.

Yet challenge the gods she still means to, as rather than accept her place, Lancer has become self-professed champion of the mortal world (humans and spiders both being mortals), their protector against the abuse of divine authority. While she’s still as arrogant as ever, she does not see her god-surpassing talent as unique to herself, but as proof that humans in general don’t have to be restrained or by the gods or take divine power lying down. Despite the dark reputation of her and spiders in general, she’s usually quite friendly to people, if they have no connection to the gods or godly authority anyway. She does enjoy making barbs (pun… intended) about people’s faults though.

While divinity has still left its mark on the modern world, that these days have far less fear of the gods (especially the Olympians) means Lancer feels quite at home in current times. Perhaps intrigued by its spidery terminology, she’s particularly taken to the Internet and web design, with a side-interest in comic books. However, she is somewhat put off by arachnophobia still being around, and so feels the need to vouch for the positive attributes of spiders to lighten their image whenever she can. She also does have concern in the back of her mind that the humans she vouches for may have gone too far though, with human authorities becoming as drunk on power as the gods once were.

She also finds it awkward to acknowledge that, while she was already a master seamstress, many of her other powers like multiple limbs and venom come from the transformation Athena gave her, rather than her own ability. She still doesn’t know what to think about her transformation being a form of Athena sparing her, having the power to do far worse. Then again, as becoming a spider promptly isolated her from humanity, maybe it really was a full-on punishment after all. She somewhat reconciles by bringing up the karmic irony of using the gods’ punishment against them (additionally, that the gods have been said to have originated as AI also gives some irony to her interest in computers).

Attribute: Star
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Likes: Humanity, spiders, and other mortals, the modern world, weaving, the Internet
    Dislikes: Gods, authority getting away with crimes, arachnophobia

Relationships:

• William the Conqueror: “Huh, thought the guy inspired one of the greatest human tapestries would be pretty cool, but no, not really…”
    • Louis XI: "You're a spider too? oh wait, you also claim 'divine right' don't you?"
    • Anansi: “A spider even older than me? Oh, and you’re a deity too, but at least you’re a deity who messes with other deities.”
    • Kafka: “Hah, can’t believe you’ve never met Poseidon yourself, ‘cause your portrayal of him is dead on!”
    • Black Dahlia: “Meh, don’t see much difference between these Outer Gods and the Olympians. At least most Outer Gods don’t claim they care about humanity.”
    • C.S. Lewis: “Wow, you sure have an issue with women going against the divine, don’tcha?”
    • Christina: "Y'know, you're kinda spider-looking yourself. Or eh, maybe I'm just seeing things."
    • Omegarus: “Dooming humanity ‘cause God told you too? Yeah, the Olympians would’ve loved a little lapdog like you.”
    • Luo Guanzhong: “Eh, I’ve got a problem with another kind of ‘loose end’. And with you letting a bunch of Outer Gods in. Also, which version of my story is ‘correct’ is none of your business!”
    • Elagabalus: “All aboard with you getting rid of the Olympians, but eh, not so enthusiastic about your alternative. Also, trust me, Athena’s nobody you wanna marry. Or er, have on your Magical Girl team or whatever.”
    • Lady Zhurong: “Well aren’t you Daddy’s Little Princess? Face my fibers again without any cheap 'divine fire'!"
    • Holt: “Melbourne must be cool if so many of us Greeks moved there. But I bet those same Greeks don’t need the ‘protection’ of any R’lyeh.”
    • Ginchiyo: “Woo yeah, slice that god in two! I mean, that was something your Dad did, but still cool.”
    • Ozma: “You say you’re descended from the ‘fairy’ Lurline? Yeah right, she sure sounds like a full goddess to me.”
    • Kuzunoha: “Hey, if your Inari’s gonna make you miserable obeying them, tell ‘em you quit!”

Master: Someone against religion, if not the Divine outright. Or someone who’s an over-specialist, with a single skill they pour everything into.
    Natural Enemy: The Olympians. Servants with high Divinity in general, let alone Divine Cores
    Wish: For the divine to be held accountable for their actions as any human would be

Parameters

• Strength: ***** C → B
    • Endurance: ***** C
    • Agility: ***** B
    • Magic: ***** B
    • Luck: ***** E
    • Noble Phantasm: ***** A

Class Skills

Magic Resistance

Built-up immunity to magic.

• Rank A: Having lived in the Age of Gods and gone up against a major goddess, Lancer is untouchable by modern magi. Spells of Rank A and below are nullified, though ironically given the rest of her abilities, less protection is afforded against divine magic, given her having been cursed.

Personal Skills

Divine Observation

The ability to observe and understand deities.

• Rank C: In Lancer’s case, she specialises in identifying the worst traits of the divine, not able or not interested in seeing a fuller picture.

Familiar (Spiders)

Creation and control of spiders as familiars.

• Rank A: As the first ever spider in Greek myth, Lancer has a natural connection with the future spawn of her species, with them able to speed up the creation of webs and swarm opponents.

Monstrous Strength (Arachnid)

Skill possessed by Monsters that boosts their Strength the more beastlike they become.

• Rank B: Having been transformed in life into the first spider, Lancer not only gets a Rank Up to Strength, but also four additional limbs, natural webbing, and venom.

Rebellious Mortal

An ascended form of Rebellious Spirit that defies not just leaders, but the gods themselves. Can negate forms of Divine Authority of an equivalent Rank.

• Rank A: At this point, it is not only the ability to defy the gods, but even outperform them in their own domains (in her case, weaving).

Subversive Activities

Knowledge of traps and the ability to reduce the enemy forces prior to battle.

• Rank B: Lancer can construct elaborate nets that can slow down if not stop any advancing forces, along with other techniques such as digging hidden holes. This Skill is more derived from her spidery physiology than any anecdotes about trapping in her legend.

Noble Phantasms

Alcidemos Nikephoros
    Outweaving the Olympian Tapestry

Type: Anti-Divine

“Of course the gods are wrathful, they don't wanna admit we don’t need them anymore!”

Less a physical Noble Phantasm and more an enchantment imbued into Lancer, crystallising her status as one who artistically outdid a god in her domain despite not being divine at all. Whenever she weaves and constructs an object with her silk, such as ropes, whips, netting, armour, and suchlike, they gain the concept of ‘surpassing the divine’.

This makes any silk construct of Lancer’s one Rank higher than an equal or opposing Divine construct, her fabrics always stringer than divine fabric, her defences always stringer than Divine armour. However, no such boost is gained on her silk constructs when used against non-divine constructs, or even against Demonic constructs.

Alcidemos Nemein
    Tapestry of the Gods’ True Nature

Type: Anti-Unit/Anti-Divine

“The gods look for any excuse to take revenge on people, well this is the people’s revenge on them!”

The tapestry Lancer that won against Athena in a contest, a tapestry even Athena could find no technical flaw with. Not that the weaving goddess didn’t take major issue with the tapestry’s subject matter: all the crimes and abuses committed by the gods.

Provided she knows her opponent’s True Name and Legend, she can automatically alter this tapestry to display in exact detail the single worst crime her opponent has ever committed in life. The coup de grace of this Phantasm is that an enraged opponent will then be completely unable to destroy or even damage this tapestry without destroying or damaging their own Legend, as what this tapestry shows is a vital and inherent part of it. To deny your monstrosity is to deny your existence.
    However, this Phantasm has the issue of being little to no use against someone who’s never attempted to deny their worst actions or hide who they are, or someone who’s accepted what they’ve done and is attempting to atone.

Lancer would prefer to use this Phantasm against divinities, demigods, or authorities who claim ‘divine right’, as she sees it as way to hold the unaccountable accountable. Not that there aren't some humans out there awful enough to make her reconsider...

For Comparison: Vance's Caster - LeadDemon's Caster - venomking's Caster - RoydGolden's Caster - Funderfulness' Assassin - asterism42's Caster

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Arachne: Pretty neat take on her. Is she a Lancer because of wielding a giant sewing needle or something, or her webbed constructs serving as "spears"? Also I'd say A-ranked Magic Resistance is a tad high given she actually lost that challenge and fell victim to a divine curse.

Blog Entries
    Her being Lancer is due to spiders having pincers to inject venom. On their own I'd say a spider's pincers wouldn't really qualify as lances, but for one of Arachne's size they would. Think I could work a large needle into her Armaments or an existing NP though

While she did fall victim to that curse, she still won though, it's more Athena didn't take losing well. Might still modify her Magic Resistance though

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Okay, El and Rey, that Beethoven had no right to be that good. Absolutely based and I wish I could have proper words to gush about him other than AKXFDJSKAHFKLDHAZSJAGQKJDHFJKS I'm sorry I'm a simple woman I see a good servant I simply keysmash.

And Jishara and Nails are absolutely saving this thread with their craft everyday. Which are all so good like wtf how can you pump out these daily PLEASE TEACH ME HOW You guys are the best.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

Blog Entries
    How I pump them out regularly? Basically a potpourri of hyperfixation, not taking on too many college courses at once, and having a schedule reminding me to write at least 500 words a day. Also wanting to get my takes on legendary figures out there before canon does

Edit: And possibly wanting to make up for having been away from the site for nearly a decade

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFrenzy View Post
    Okay, El and Rey, that Beethoven had no right to be that good. Absolutely based and I wish I could have proper words to gush about him other than AKXFDJSKAHFKLDHAZSJAGQKJDHFJKS I'm sorry I'm a simple woman I see a good servant I simply keysmash.

And Jishara and Nails are absolutely saving this thread with their craft everyday. Which are all so good like wtf how can you pump out these daily PLEASE TEACH ME HOW You guys are the best.
    Awww tysm Queen WF for me it's more just having an absolute ton of ideas to maximize the chances of inspiration

Blog Entries

Source: Limetown

Class: Assassin
    Other Classes: N/A
    True Name: Stephanie St. Clair
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Place of Origin: Harlem (20th Century)
    Stars: 1/5

Parameters:

STR: D
    END: B
    AGI: C
    LCK: B
    NP: C

Height: 190cm
    Weight: 110lbs
    Dislikes: Losing power, racism
    Talent: Creating a numbers game
    Natural Enemy: Christopher Columbus
    Attribute: Man
    Traits: Female, Humanoid, Weak to Enuma Elish
    Armament: Pistol
    Catalyst: A telegram saying As You Sow, So Shall Ye Reap

Class Skills:

Presence Concealment C: She was capable of going undercover, disguising her criminal activities for a long time. This grants her this moderate rank in the Assassin Class Skill known as Presence Concealment.

Personal Skills:

I Paid Them Myself B: She rooted out corruption in the police force by paying off cops and then reporting those who accepted her bribe, allowing her to remove them before they could cause more trouble. This allows her to track down those willing to make deals. If they are, she can "report" them, taking an amount of their mana.

Queen Of Harlem B: She was known as the Queen of Harlem due to her success in crime, in particular with number games. This enables her to activate a number game with any willing target, choosing any number in the real world (such as the number of seconds before a certain traffic light turns red) and making them bet a percentage of their mana on it. If they win, they get it as well as the same amount from her. However, if they lose, they lose that amount and it flows into her.

Raiding the House C: She secretly controlled the police, convincing them to investigate "Dutch" Schultz, and having them seize 12 million dollars and arrest a dozen of his workers. This skill, the sublimation of that incident, allows her to convince people, pinpointing targets for them to chase after and face down.

Noble Phantasm(s):

As Ye Sow, So Shall Ye Reap
    You Will Fall, And I Will Rise

Range: 100 meters
    Max Targets: 1

The sublimation of the famous telegram she rushed to Schultz's bedside as he lay ill. It said merely: As Ye Sow, So Shall Ye Reap. This Noble Phantasm has become the sublimation of her enduring spirit and refusal to give up. When its true name is called, she manifests the telegram at a particular target, immediately eating away their luck and Mana to the extent which they have hurt others.

Lore: Stephanie St. Clair was a prominent criminal leader and activist during the first half of the 20th century. She was most noted for her "number games", one part gambling, one part the lottery, one part investing. She was also noted for her refusal to give up against "Dutch" Schultz, keeping him on the back foot, getting him caught for all his crimes while reforming her image as a good businesswoman,

Personality: A shrewd and cunning person, she adores the power and wealth she likes to always hold. She never usually wants to actually enter the fight, instead using her wits and cunning to "tax" her targets and then send all their enemies after them. Her wish for the Grail is to have been able to continue her gambling and her routine for longer.

Relationships:

Christopher Columbus: "Come, come, shall we gamble? Let's see, what's a good wager? How about all of your mana? And how about... how many grains of sand are in this cup?"

James Moriarty: "A criminal mastermind. It will be interesting to see who wins."

Sherlock Holmes: "Now, now, detective. Don't you have your own prey to catch? Perhaps Moriarty?"

Alice Clement: "Ah, hello, dear detective. I must say, this cat and mouse game has been... rather enjoyable. But now there is a bigger threat. Moriarty."

Mariam Soulakiotis: "Simply vile, aren't you?"

Billie Holiday: "A pleasure to meet such an impressive musician, though I cannot see why you don't realize how much of an inspiration you were."
    Last edited by jishara; October 12th, 2022 at 09:19 AM.

Blog Entries
    huh, Lin Daoqian's FC looks uncannily feminine
    Ya-ho~ I'm still new here so this box ain't filled out as it should be.

The Bucket

This Permutations and Combinatronics shit is verily bussing yo~