Page 562 of 621 FirstFirst ... 62462512552557560561562563564567572612 ... LastLast
Results 11,221 to 11,240 of 12413

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I should write another Gatekeeper, it's been a while.

Blog Entries
    Mm. I guess it could be worded as something along the lines of him 'ascending beyond the capabilities of the humans that operated him in History and becoming the hypothetical perfect chess playing automaton - exactly what the fraudsters claimed he already was'.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    Mm. I guess it could be worded as something along the lines of him 'ascending beyond the capabilities of the humans that operated him in History and becoming the hypothetical perfect chess playing automaton - exactly what the fraudsters claimed he already was'.
    That works much better. I’ll write it in.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamerless View Post
    As for Anti Human Order. It’s ad D, super low. However, he represents a threat of AI replacing humans not the threat of AI killing humans.
    See, the thing is, he wasn't AI (kind of the whole point of him having that NP that makes him into the hypothetical AI that actually didn't exist, really), and the talk generated by his existence wasn't the first time people talked about AI, either. It feels unfitting for him to have the Skill intended in this way, addressing a very general topic which is largely unrelated to his own peculiarities, what he was in history, and what he's overall like as a Servant.

Blog Entries
    I did your change.

- - - Updated - - -

See, the thing is, he wasn't AI (kind of the whole point of him having that NP that makes him into an AI deity really), and the talk generated by his existence wasn't the first time people talked about AI, either. It feels unfitting for him to have the Skill intended in this way, addressing a very general topic which is largely unrelated to his own peculiarities, what he was in history, and what he's overall like as a Servant.
    Yes, but he did generate the first talk of "what if machines were better than us"

Blog Entries
    Yes, but he did generate the first talk of "what if machines were better than us"
    Idk enough about ancient robotics to say, but that's not what the way you wrote the Skill presents it. If you're really set on keeping Anti-Human Order, you should probably reword its description to actually explain that this is the reason he has it (and probably expand on the replacement thing too).

Blog Entries
    Idk enough about ancient robotics to say, but that's not what the way you wrote the Skill presents it. If you're really set on keeping it, you should probably reword it to actually explain that this is the reason he has it (and probably expand on the replacement thing too).
    I actually did edit it just now. I said "A skill denoting a heroic spirit who in some way denies or will destroy humanity. Although Player does not enjoy this status, he by his very nature is a threat to the accepted order; representing the dangers of a machine being better than a human. Of the flesh becoming obsolete. Machine triumphing over man. He naturally has an advantage over servants of human nature."

Blog Entries
    I think I'm just really struggling to accept the scale. You're putting a lot of weight on a machine that just tricked a few guys 300 years ago.

Maybe it's just because I don't comprehend scale very well in the first place, but I find it hard to buy what you're selling here.
    It's winter in Sapporo. And as the weather stirs, so too does a new Holy Grail War.

Fate/UpRise
    Character Compendium
    Story - Ch. 3

Blog Entries
    I actually did edit it just now. I said "A skill denoting a heroic spirit who in some way denies or will destroy humanity. Although Player does not enjoy this status, he by his very nature is a threat to the accepted order; representing the dangers of a machine being better than a human. Of the flesh becoming obsolete. Machine triumphing over man. He naturally has an advantage over servants of human nature."
    Idk, this is basically what you had earlier but slightly longer, and it could go basically on any artificial machine servant if this was the whole justification. There's no mention at all of the whole 'this is the first time they talked about machines being better than humans' bit you suggested as the actual reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gl4re View Post
    I think I'm just really struggling to accept the scale. You're putting a lot of weight on a machine that just tricked a few guys 300 years ago.

Maybe it's just because I don't comprehend scale very well in the first place, but I find it hard to buy what you're selling here.
    Also this, yeah. Just feels like too much of a stretch in general.

Blog Entries
    Idk, this is basically what you had earlier but slightly longer, and it could go basically on any artificial machine servant if this was the whole justification. There's no mention at all of the whole 'this is the first time they talked about machines being better than humans' bit you suggested as the actual reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Also this, yeah. Just feels like a stretch in general.
    Ok. I'll get rid of the skill. I guess I can't justify it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    I should write another Gatekeeper, it's been a while.
    would be great. But there is something else GK-related you could write too

and sheesh, sarashina was at the beginning of october. time flies.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    would be great. But there is something else GK-related you could write too

and sheesh, sarashina was at the beginning of october. time flies.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    the king of [extra class] is not just "who has the most sheets" but also "who does the most for the class" aka who left the biggest impact on its perception.
    Did you make that rule up so you don't have to share the Pretender crown with me, considering we both have 3 but you're still listed as sole king?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the Faker king does not recognize The Mechanical Turk. Should have either just been a Player or leaned more into its Faker identity instead trying to have its cake and eat it too.
    Do you like jazz short stories? Do you want something to distract from making Servants? Do you wish the idea of Shirou Kotomine didn't immediately bring edgelords to mind? Well, I can't promise it's good, but some would disagree with me.
    Fate/Without Justice

Blog Entries
    I sit on this throne
    but you are welcome to sit on me ~

you hate the class
    you dont want that crown anyway
    youd sully it

You know what, I let Random's signature do the talking
    Last edited by DelRey; March 21st, 2023 at 03:18 PM.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Morg van Destro View Post
    Did you make that rule up so you don't have to share the Pretender crown with me, considering we both have 3 but you're still listed as sole king?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the Faker king does not recognize The Mechanical Turk. Should have either just been a Player or leaned more into its Faker identity instead trying to have its cake and eat it too.
    He’s a pure Plaer now. Check it

I'm sure to be the lucky one Desdinova Incarnate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm curious if anyone has any feedback for the Saint Germaine sheet I did.

Blog Entries

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alter-Ego of Kumamoto:

Appearance:

True Name: Jizo-Kumamon

Alignment: Neutral Good

Alternate Classes: Lancer, Rider, Caster, Saver, Voyager

Strength- C
    Agility- B
    Endurance- EX
    Mana- C
    Luck- A
    NP- EX

Personality
    A cheerful per... bear whose mission is spreading happiness to others. While never speaking he conducts himself in a goofy and flamboyant way that easily makes his intentions clear. He is capable of writing, in which he shows an irritating predilection for bear-puns. Beneath his cutesy demeanor Alter-Ego still has the heart of a wise sage unchanged from his original self, Jizo. He is greatly compassionate and will go out of his way to help people in modest ways, capable of giving spiritual advice through the smallest gestures. While he dislikes combat Alter-Ego will intervene when innocents (especially children) are threatened, resulting in the comical yet terrifying sight of a giant bear-mascot leaping out of nowhere to dropkick the assailant.

Alter-Ego doesn't have a wish on the Grail. While he'd wish for happiness to all humanity, he recognizes that endlessly granting people's material desires would take away their possibility of Enlightenment. Thus Alter-Ego just uses his summoning to subtly catalyze his Master's spiritual development while bringing joy to others.

Alter-Ego's original body is actually still stored in Imaginary Number Space within his suit, although he's greatly embarrassed to be seen with it normally considering that akin to breaking "kayfabe".

Something like this

genki
    joy

Dislikes: suffering, those who'd harm children, intimidating people as a god
    Talent: finding surprise and hidden happiness in everyday places (self-proclaimed)
    Natural Enemy: Tamamo Cat, Salieri, Mara, Namazu

Class Skills:

Bodhisattva's Divine Core- B
    The Divine Core of a Bodhisattva, heavenly sage on the way to transcendence whose prayed for to guide others along the same path. Jizo is a passionately worshipped deity across the East Asian World, particularly in Japan where he was appealed to for healing and protection during travel. However because he turned away from full Enlightenment to lend succor to those still on earth his rank is unable to reach higher than A. Taking the vessel of a "mascot" has further lowered it, although Alter-Ego gladly accepts this indignity to continue ministering to those in need.

Independent Navigation- C
    A variant of Independent Action normally held by the Voyager Class. Given to those famed for travelling through distant lands, whether to reach a destination or simply savoring the scenery along the way. Provides the Servant a bonus to Endurance and constant supply of magical energy per turn so long as they continue on their expedition. Jizo is known for journeying, both in physical distance and the transfiguration his legend underwent. As Kumamon he mainly stays in his namesake Kumamoto Prefecture but would tour outside it to comfort people in times of disaster. These aspects combine to impart Alter-Ego this Skill, although it's not as high as it would be in the proper Voyager Class.

Personal Skills:

Savior's Shell (Mascot)- A
    Denotes the Servant's existence as Divine Spirit housed in a manmade vessel. In his Saver and Voyager personages this encompasses the commonplace statues erected for Jizo across Japan, all of which enshrine a portion of his
    Kami
    Spirit
    . As "the face of the god" in popular culture this manifests Jizo with the physique of a "living statue". However as Alter-Ego it has been adjusted to represent his freshest incarnation, the bear-mascot Kumamon. In the modern age where humans no longer put their faith in spirits and deities to ease their ills, Jizo has taken a new form to continue what he does best; bringing happiness to the people.

Grants Alter-Ego the body of the mascot-character, Kumamon. A rotund black bear with stubby limbs, white mouth and blushing red cheeks. Despite bears being normally threatening he is devoid of any such thing; an existence that radiates charmingly innocent joy and wonder. Those around Alter-Ego have their spirits refreshed and are imbued with
    genki
    positivity
    , washing away mental interferences such as pressure, worry and demoralization. Furthermore "hopes" and "wishes" entrusted to Alter-Ego are converted into magical energy in his hollow mascot-suit, empowering Alter-Ego's parameters proportional to the people invested in him.

As mentioned Alter-Ego's "body" is a baggy mascot-suit. This imparts a peculiar semblance of Battle Continuation. His "arms" are separable and can be freely reattached like sleeves, and seemingly critical blows can just cut harmlessly through his fabric frame. While Alter-Ego still reacts to damage he takes, he does so in a comical and exaggerated fashion that makes it unclear if he was really hurt at all, unnerving foes. Destroying Alter-Ego's entire body or targeting his Spiritual Core inside the suit are the only ways to truly kill him, although the latter is difficult since he can freely shift it around. Inheriting the concept of Alter-Ego's
    kasaya
    monk-robes
    which in legend expanded to cover an entire mountain, the inside of his suit is an Imaginary Number Space and he can even envelop his Master inside to protect them.

Monstrous Strength- D
    An ability inherent to monsters and beasts; conferring a temporary augmentation to one's Strength parameter for a time determined by the Skill's own ranking. Due to taking the form of a bear Alter-Ego naturally receives this Skill. However since he's a friendly bear, as well as rumors over his poor shape (although Alter-Ego himself would insistently deny that) who'd never threaten humans he only has it at a low rank. Would be higher if summoned in his Kumamon Mask persona where he awakens his ursine fury to pulverize evildoers with flurries of fiery fists.

Wandering God- A+
    A Skill comprising the effects of Territory Infringement, Presence Concealment, and Espionage, it marks Alter-Ego's status as a deity belonging to multiple pantheons, and his ability to seamlessly situate himself within different cultures. As Jizo Alter-Ego spread across the entire East Asian World, taking on aspects of local folk beliefs and divinities. However it was in Japan where his veneration reached its peak. The countless statues of a round-faced child monk scattering the country testify to his vast journey. Rather than a god sequestered in temples Jizo's icons are visible in everyday settings where people from all walks of life can visit entrusting their cares and worries to him. Now as Kumamon Alter-Ego's likeness further proliferates, continuing with the same goal of bringing happiness to humans. In this role it represents his unassuming nature as mascot and ability to appear in a variety of places.

Unascending Vow- EX
    A Skill ascribed from Jizo's original Saint Graph. As a sage who had the potential to reach transcendence he vowed to remain bound to the human world until all souls were released from suffering. This would normally donate EX-ranked Battle Continuation signifying refusal to pass on until his duty is accomplished, however that is made redundant in his current body. Even so Alter-Ego still benefits from powerful mental resistance and immunity to instant-death effects that would preemptively end his crusade. Furthermore he can sense suffering nearby akin to a "Salvation Counter" that notifies him of everyone needing help in the area.

Noble Phantasms
    Min'na Kumamon
    Thousand Faces Of The Joyful Deity

Type: Support

Whether as an immobile statue or animate mascot, Alter-Ego is one that can be in multiple places simultaneously while nevertheless "a single existence". It can be said that every representation of Alter-Ego becomes Alter-Ego himself, housing an offshoot of the god's essence. That sublimates into a simple but absurd concept. Every Kumamon suit in 30 meters of Alter-Ego becomes another body for him, allowing him to maneuver it like his real body. Alter-Ego's consciousness becomes distributed amongst his bodies so it no longer can be said one is the "original". If all but one are destroyed he'll simply continue existing as the remaining one.

This Noble Phantasm is normally useless but if his Master can either create or get a hold of large numbers of Kumamon suits they could potentially multiply an army of Alter-Ego's. However the magical energy cost naturally increases with each Alter-Ego created. A normal Master would only be able to sustain five or ten of them, while an exceptional one could manage dozens. Alter-Ego's consciousness also undergoes some strain coordinating multiple bodies, so he usually still "operates" only one at once.

Nyoihoju: Kokoro Wo Hitotsu Ni
    Blessings To The Little Children, Happiness To The World

Type: Anti-Disaster

After the great Tohoku Earthquake, Kumamon came to visit those affected by the disaster and comfort them. Even in a devastated scenery, the sight of a mere mascot-bear was enough to fill people's weary hearts with hope. In other words, viewed in the light that Kumamon is the modern avatar of Jizo, it is the greatest expression of the god's power and compassion.

As a Noble Phantasm this synergizes the
    Nyoihoju
    Wish-Granting Jewel
    associated with Jizo's iconography said to relieve earthly desires. Upon accruing enough wishes through his Savior's Shell (Mascot) Skill Alter-Ego can invoke the true name, momentarily emerging from his mascot-guise to reveal a young monk boy shining in holy light. That light emanates across the field in a wave of divine authority bestowing wide-range buffs while reversing damage to both allies and the environment. A great mercy that cleanses the people's hearts, heals their bodies and can even repair a great disorder in the land.

However performing this Noble Phantasm temporarily burns out Alter-Ego, requiring a day to recuperate. After all even a mascot needs time-off sometimes.

So I got inspired to write up tsugumi's Alter-Ego Jizo/Kumamon idea. Tried to work in the various aspects. As usual comments and critique would be welcome. Thanks for reading y'all!

夜属 Nightkin
    Blog Entries
    Berserker of Kyivan Rus

Without further ado, Master. Tell me, where are our enemies?

Class: Berserker
    True Name: Svyatoslav
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Place of Origin: Kyivan Rus
    Armament: Twin swords

STRENGE — B
    ENDURANCE — B
    AGILITY — C
    MANA — D
    LUCK — C
    NP — C

Class skills:

Mad Enhancement C

The Class Skill that characterizes a Berserker, raising basic parameters and strengthens one's physical abilities in exchange of hindering mental capacities and/or in exchange for their sense of reason. Rank up for all parameters, but most of one's reason is robbed. Berserker is always eager to fight. He is obsessed with seeking battle and at times only a command seal from the Master can calm him down.

Personal skills:

Charisma C –

This is a composite Skill consisting of a person's charm as well as the natural talent to command or unify an army or country. Increases the ability of allies during group battles. Being a Rus duke and a talented military leader, Berserker had an army devoted to him, ready to follow his orders. However, his charisma only extends to military people.

Forward, my glorious friends! The booty will be ours!

Military Tactics

This is tactical knowledge used not for one-on-one combat situations, but for battles where many are mobilized. Bonus modifiers are provided during use of one's own Anti-Army Noble Phantasm or when dealing against an enemy Anti-Army Noble Phantasm. Berserker has been a warrior since childhood. He began his first battle at the age of four, when he threw a spear at a Drevlyan horseman. He spent his whole life in battles and he met his death in an unequal battle

I love bloody combat! I love it when my blades ring and drink blood! I love rich loot, I love hiking, training, and when the enemy city is on fire! Because struggle is life! In this war, I want to meet a truly worthy opponent, like the Pecheneg Kurya. Do you know what I would say to that bowl? My desire is simple - I want to be in all the conflicts that have happened and will happen in history! Including the Holy Grail Wars

Druzhina B

Personal royal army. It was the same necessary element in ancient Russian society as the duke. The duke needed military force, both to ensure internal order and to defend against external enemies. The combatants were a real military force, always ready for battle, as well as advisers to the duke. In addition to the military, they carried managerial and judicial functions. This skill allows the Berserker to create his own duplicates. Each of them has different weapons - swords, bows, spears, clubs, axes, javelins and so on. This ability comes from the fact that Berserker himself was difficult to distinguish from an ordinary warrior

Ha! Why did I need boilers and tents? There is still no sense in the battle from them.

Noble Phantasm:

[Иду на вы!
    Battle Warning Conqueror
    C

Berserker's practice and his standard warning to his enemies. This Noble Phantasm is a mark. A berserker can mark an enemy if they know or can imagine their appearance. The enemy, wherever he is, will hear the loud voice of Berserker, who shouts to him - Idu na Vy!

After that, the Berserker will always know where the target is, even if he hides in the Reality Marble. Berserker and his counterparts will chase the enemy until they finally catch up. It's useless to run. He will find you

Description:

Dislikes: intrigue, modern ways of warfare, pacifists
    Natural enemy: Kurya

Berserker’s True name is Svyatoslav, Prince of Novgorod and Grand Duke of Kyiv, became famous as a commander.
    Under Svyatoslav, Kyivan Rus was largely ruled by his mother, Princess Olga, first because of Svyatoslav's infancy, then because of his constant presence in military campaigns. When returning from a campaign against Bulgaria, Svyatoslav was killed by the Pechenegs on the Dnieper rapids

Svyatoslav is a knight of the blood, who immediately after the call will immediately look for a fight. He revels in battles, seeing in them the meaning of life. For him, this is something like a game, and death, injury and unnecessary violence - what to do, these are its rules.

At the same time, Svyatoslav despises modern methods of warfare. He recognizes only close combat, with the exception of bows. Likewise, he cannot stand those who fight for victory and those who use any, even dirty tricks for the sake of this very victory. In his madness, Svyatoslav comes to the point that he does not hold a grudge against Kurya, the Pecheneg, who beheaded him - in the end he defeated him in a fair fight.

Regarding faith, Svyatoslav is a pagan, and respects exclusively Perun, the god of thunder and the patron saint of warriors. The master pacifist will not be able to find a common language with Svyatoslav.

Despite all this, Svyatoslav will never attack the unarmed and treats children well, except for the fact that he does not always understand that edged weapons are not the best gift in the modern era.

- - - Updated - - -

And what is the best way to write - Kievan Rus or Kyivan Rus?
    Last edited by Shezum3; March 21st, 2023 at 11:35 PM.

失敗作の神 God of Failed Work Spelror's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    There's no point saying "oh I'm the king of what I'm the king of what"
    Dude you're either a king(or queen) or a dick on this forum.