Page 565 of 620 FirstFirst ... 65465515555560563564565566567570575615 ... LastLast
Results 11,281 to 11,300 of 12386

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    *sees Bn sheet*
    *checks word count*
    *sees ~7.5K*

i read when i have more time today
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I am trying my best

Also, done. Updated fc and a few lines to go with it.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    you broke a bit of code there.
    the pic under the bridesmaid pic is not showing and the relationship section is divided
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Walter: Sp you were a little desperate to give him NPs, huh? Can't really blame you, since I've done similar, but giving a Noble knight with no notes of theft I could find both a Skill for dueling and two NPs he isn't associated with just because he was basically raised by huns just seems a little flimsy to me. And Witege is more associated with geese than children alongside being the weapon of someone with a little more going on legend-wise whom you've already done. The most interesting and unique part of his kit is probably his night Skill.
    Do you like jazz short stories? Do you want something to distract from making Servants? Do you wish the idea of Shirou Kotomine didn't immediately bring edgelords to mind? Well, I can't promise it's good, but some would disagree with me.
    Fate/Without Justice

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Morg van Destro View Post
    Walter: Sp you were a little desperate to give him NPs, huh? Can't really blame you, since I've done similar, but giving a Noble knight with no notes of theft I could find both a Skill for dueling and two NPs he isn't associated with just because he was basically raised by huns just seems a little flimsy to me.
    In "Waldere" Walter wields the sword Mimung, whilst in "Waltharius" he has the armour of Wayland. In both he steals treasure from the Huns, but particularly in the former he's also made off with Mimung from its resting place.

And Witege is more associated with geese than children alongside being the weapon of someone with a little more going on legend-wise whom you've already done.
    Witege isn't mentioned once in my sheet so I've no idea what you're on about, sorry.

The most interesting and unique part of his kit is probably his night Skill.
    Well, I'm glad you found something you liked at least.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    I probably just missed them then on those first two, more than likely because I was looking through small mobile text. On the third, I meant to say Mimung, but I apparently lost my train of thought and just said Witege, so that's my bad. I might need to get more sleep.
    Do you like jazz short stories? Do you want something to distract from making Servants? Do you wish the idea of Shirou Kotomine didn't immediately bring edgelords to mind? Well, I can't promise it's good, but some would disagree with me.
    Fate/Without Justice

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    Fun fact, I found exactly one art of her wearing traditional Chinese garb while fc hunting, which tempted me, but ultimately her modern vibe just didn't match the kind of character I was going for. If only there was more art similar to that one. I could've used plain Chinese garb --> modern clothes --> more ornate Chinese garb as ascensions.

Edit:
    Oh? OH!?
    By sheer happenstance, I found another one. A very fitting one at that. Expect a fc change later.
    Hurrah! I have seen and it is beautiful!

Servant Sheet Compilation
    Pronouns - She/Her
    'Winner' of the Legendary Jack-Off

US Friend Code
    Right, this is my first time doing one of these, so it probably isn't as complex/interesting as some of the others. Still, I'd appreciate all the feedback I can get.

Pierre Cauchon
    Class: Assassin
    True Name: Pierre Cauchon
    Sex: Male
    Source: History
    Region: France
    Alignment: Lawful Evil
    Height: 165cm
    Weight: 73kg

Strength: E
    Endurance: E
    Agility: E
    Magical Energy: E
    Luck: E
    Noble Phantasm: ?

Class Skills:
    Presence Concealment — - The Presence Concealment Skill has been lost due to his “Bishop’s Authority” skill.
    Diocese Creation A - A derivation of the “Territory Creation” skill. Cauchon is able to claim a large portion of land (as much as 6,000 square kilometers) as his “diocese”. While in this area, his “Bishop’s Authority” skill is active.
    Laicization EX - A skill that negatively affects those that possess it. Due to his defrocking after his death, Cauchon is unable to properly utilize the “Bishop’s Authority” skill, as anyone who learns his true name will not be affected by it. [/SIZE]

Personal Skills:

Counter Saint A - A derivation of the “Counter Hero” skill, it reduces the parameters of anyone who possesses the “Saint” trait by three ranks.
    Saint Creation A - Pierre Cauchon played a crucial role in the trial and execution of Jeanne d’Arc. However, while this was done in an attempt do discredit her actions and label her a “heretic”, these acts ultimately only caused her fame and influence to grow, even to the point of Jeanne being canonized as a saint in the 20th century. It is for this reason that he now possesses this skill at such a high rank. Anyone who Cauchon believes “stands against him” gains the trait of “Saint” and is affected by his Counter Saint skill.
    Bishop’s Authority A - A skill unique to high ranking members of the clergy during the Middle Ages, when the Church was at the height of its power. Grants access to the “Diocese Creation” skill. While one is within their “diocese”, one cannot be targeted by enemy attacks. In order to mitigate the effects of this skill, one must possess a strong resistance to mental interference.
    Coercion A - A skill that allows the user to use collected information on a target as a catalyst to force them to yield to Cauchon's authority. Due to his role in a trial that concluded that resulted in the execution of a "Saint" as a "Witch", the rank of this skill is especially high. Furthermore, due to the trial's unfair nature, Cauchon does not actually need to do any "investigating" in regard to his target. As soon as he first lays eyes on them, the target's noble phantasms is reduced by one rank, and the rank continues to drop each subsequent day. After five days, the noble phantasms of the target are sealed. However, he can only use this skill against targets who are affected by his "Bishop's Authority" skill.

Noble Phantasm:

Incendio Sanctae Veneficae: The Burning of the Holy Witch
    Classification: Anti-Personnel
    Range: Anywhere within his direct line of sight
    Maximum Number of Targets: 1

A noble phantasm tied to his role in the execution of Jeanne d’Arc. A pillar of flame erupts from the ground beneath the target, engulfing them in flames. The power of this noble phantasm depends on two things. Firstly, the amount of time that has passed since Cauchon first laid eyes on the target, with the rank rising by one for each day that follows, with the overall strength and speed of the attack increasing with each rank. Secondly, if the target “truly possesses the title of Saint”, and not just the trait provided by the “Saint Creation” skill, the rank of the noble phantasm rises drastically to EX rank, and gains the added effect of being impossible to avoid, escape, or survive, as the flames “deliver the souls of Saints directly to God.” This Noble Phantasm can only be activated against a target who is affected by his "Bishop's Authority" skill.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Cauchon: Fairly straightforward but not a bad sheet. The idea of Saint Creation because his actions indirectly contributed to Jeanne's canonization is pretty cool. Reminds me of a Diocletian sheet I read for some RP that gave him Martyr Creation based on all the Christians he executed.

However I do feel there's some redundancy in his Skills. If one Skill only exists to enable the other then they should really just be folded together. Diocese Creation could be under Bishop's Authority and Saint Creation merged with Counter Saint where he can backhandedly declare the opponent a Saint and then gains an advantage against them. Also you might want to add some restrictions to that second one (like needing actual religious faith or evidence on them) since as is it sounds like his opponent just automatically becomes a "Saint" making it no different than the regular Counter Hero Skill.

Coercion is a bit awkward too. Even if it is unfair actually needing to bring up evidence (and maybe finding biased/credulous witnesses) would make more sense than just needing to look at the opponent IMO. You could have the "evidence" be a mental interference attack where even if it's false the opponent feels cornered by it.

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Some of dem sheets caught my eyes, what can I say... I'm a simple person.

Huang Yueying: MY WARLORD WAIFU CAN'T BE THIS CUTE. This FC really sells the sheet, lemme tell you that. But what I really, really love about your sheets is just... How much character there's in there. Like, contrary to what Rey says, I think that more is more in your case - because you really make these people yours, they're fully-realized individuals and you feel that in the passion behind this writing. It's always such a treat. Here's to me dying over your baes yet again, nothing new here to see.

Sigyn & Vali: OKAY I'M A BIT LATE BUT... LISTEN... I love, love LOVELOVE them? So much?? The unhinged energy behind this sheet is so valid, you go my child feast on their corpse ravage their lands. They deserve it. Like, I wish I could find the words but you know when you feel winded when you take a punch? I kinda feel like that. But it's in a good way I swear! It's so... It's such a wild idea to conflagrate Vali with Vali Odinson, but at the same time when you stop to think about it you go "but of course this would happen" and it doesn't diminish the value of the reveal, of their struggles, of the deep hate that such a thing would brought... If anything, it enhances it. And as always, Sygin is perfect. Step aside Loki (Vali too), Imma marry her now.

Walter of Aquitaine: Ah Skull, your sheets are like a mother's embrace. Something familiar and comforting. I know I'm always gonna be schooled and I'll like it when I stop to read your creations. This one is just your brand, I feel, and it's definitely a great read because of that - there's really no one else with so much grip over the original material as you, which makes the Servants always so interesting. Also: "continuing on through my jaunt of characters associated with Dietrich von Bern"... YES. I LIKE WHERE THIS IS GOING.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFrenzy View Post
    Also: "continuing on through my jaunt of characters associated with Dietrich von Bern"... YES. I LIKE WHERE THIS IS GOING.
    By the by, if you (or anyone else really) is interested, I've started marking the sheets in my compendium that are part of "Project Dietrich" for lack of a better term, for ease of viewing since I have committed to trawling through the Cycle for Servants.

It did surprise me that outside of the main man himself, there's practically no other sheets of his associates. All the more for me I guess~

Blog Entries
    This is the time of me finishing Servants.

Excellent! Now I can begin anew! Come! There is much to reclaim and... *laughs* What on earth made you think you were the one in control here? I'm the Emperor! You and this world bend solely to my will!

Source
    Class: Saber
    Other Classes:
    True Name: Lucius Tiberius
    Alignment: Lawful Evil
    Place of Origin: Rome/Britain
    Height: 187 cm.
    Weight: 71 kilo.
    Likes: Unification. Ruling all he surveys. Battle. Florent.
    Dislikes: Hypocrites. People without vision. Stagnation. Excalibur.
    Natural Enemy: Artoria. Gilgamesh.

Parameters:
    STR: A
    END: A
    AGI: A
    MGI: A
    LCK: B
    NP: A

Class Skills:
    Magic Resistance (A):
    Cancel spells of A-Rank or below, no matter what High-Thaumaturgy it is. In practice, the Servant is untouchable to modern magi, so it would not be an exaggeration to title the Servant a "Magus Killer".

Riding (A+):
    All vehicles and all creatures up to the level of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast can be used as mounts. However, that does not apply to members of the Dragon Kind.

Divinity (A):
    A descendent of both Romulus and Lugh, Florent magnified his divine heritage upon grasping the blade, creating a demigod on the level of the Age of Gods.

Personal Skills:
    Emergency Prerogative (A):
    The emperor’s will is absolute, and their authority is unmatched. To stand before him is to feel the full weight of his power pressing down on your own. Without a high enough Charisma or matching mental resistance, enemies will find their parameters greatly reduced and their wills weakened. Servants will find themselves struggling to defy him, and humans will have difficulty even functioning in his presence.

Tactics (B):
    Saber’s own achievements in battle and unification reminded others of Caesar in his execution. His own Tactics reflect this, rivaling his predecessor in rank.

Charisma (B):
    As the emperor that temporarily reunified Rome, Saber has a high level of Charisma befitting such a feat.

Mana Burst (A+):
    Saber is capable of drawing magical energy directly from the world due to his Noble Phantasm. His already high rank in this Skill has gained a modifier as a result.

Noble Phantasm
    Florent: Flower of the Fallen Star (A+)
    Anti-Army/Continent

A demonic sword crafted from a fallen star, this red blade was created from the majority of the material, what was left being combined with ornate steel to create Clarent, Florent’s sister sword. Possessing its own will, its full power cannot be realized unless wielded by one it recognizes.

As a weapon that represents rule over the continent it stands on, Florent is capable of manipulating the world as though it was an extension of itself. It can change the terrain and weather, absorb and utilize the mana of the land, and nullify any attempts at territory establishment, as Florent’s existence already claims all the territory on the continent. It is the ultimate weapon of dominance, recognizing no authority above its own. Were Clarent wielded by one recognized as a ruler, it would possess similar powers on a smaller scale.

It is said the designs inscribed on the blade grant divine protection from Flora, which is somewhat true, but not how one might believe. The designs, infused with Flora’s power, are meant to protect the wielder from the sword itself. Otherwise, the sword’s will and power would overwrite its wielders. The only reason Flora had the power to do so was due to the star’s original shape. Saber was of the few able to wield it without losing himself, the last one being Caesar.

Brachium Ex Gigas:
    I came
    Veni
    I saw
    Vidi
    It was mine
    Meum Erat
    (A)

Usurpation

An expression of Saber’s personal philosophy born as a variation of a famous saying of Caesar’s. While Caesar’s was an expression of his capability, Saber’s is an expression of his absolute authority. Caesar conquered what wasn’t his. Saber is just claiming what was destined for him.

This Noble Phantasm allows him to gain ownership over anything that is not in direct possession of another Servant. This means Territory that a Servant is not currently within, Noble Phantasms that have been thrown from their grips, and even Command Spells if he removes where they are attached to a Master’s body.

“All roads lead to Rome. Therefore, everything will eventually return to Rome.”

Lore

The terrifying and brutal emperor of Rome, Lucius Dominus Caesar Augustus Tiberius is one who could be said to be the equal of Artoria Pendragon, if not her superior. The one spoken of in the same reverence as the original Caesar. A monster feared and respected by his people with the power to bring down armies alone who only desired to hold the world in his hands.

Lucius would never live to do so.

When Velber sent out its three agents, they were each given a specific mission to harvest the world. The first would destroy from within. The second would destroy from without. The third would destroy from overhead. However, the trinity of harvest would fail due to the first.

Whether by the cunning of the inhabitants or the incompetence of the first, a weapon was forged that could beat back the agents. Unable to prevent its creation, remove it, or even communicate the danger, the first watched the second be slain and have its core sealed away before fleeing in shame and fear. The first would eventually make a new plan, hoping to complete its mission despite the futility.

With the second gone and the original plan a failure, the first had completely forgotten about the third, or perhaps it assumed the third had perished as well. But the third lived. The third remained dormant from the moment it arrived, awaiting the signal of its awakening.

Nothing is known of Lucius’s origins, the man seeming to simply appear in the Roman military. He bore an aristocratic origin and rose high in the military ranks with both his lineage and abilities. As he did, he found himself disgusted with how greatly the empire had begun falling apart, divided between east and west, with several puppet emperors dominating the west. So it was that, after rising to a suitable position and gaining public appeal, that he killed the previous emperor and claimed the throne.

He went about recreating the Rome of times long past. Through military might and political power, Lucius forcibly reunited Rome. The greatest claim he gained to his unification was the ability to wield Florent, a weapon that had not been wielded since the time of Caesar. Even Caesar, who was the last to use it, did not wield it for extended periods of time, preferring Crocea Mors.

“That sword bears a will of its own. To wield it is to inevitably be claimed by it.”

Yet Lucius made it his weapon of choice, which alone empowered his claim. His preceding victories and spreading of Rome’s territory cemented him in many people’s eyes as the second coming of Caesar.

His unbridled ambition would reach its end when he heard of the king of Britain and his power. Believing them to be of a kind, Lucius sought to bring the king under him, increasing their power and further cementing his dream.

After carving his way inward, Lucius would confront the king. Rejecting the emperor’s offer, the king would find himself nearly falling to the emperor’s strength. It was only due to Excalibur that Arthur was the one to survive, it’s power overcoming the gap and destroying both emperor and blade.

Lucius’s dream died with him, the empire he worked to reunify only divided further for it. The man called Caesar would fade away, and the hope of a once more unified Rome with him.

Personality

Lucius Dominus Caesar Augustus Tiberius is the Emperor. He is the one highest above all and the closest thing to a god in human form. Very similar to a certain Golden King, Lucius has the belief that everything in existence inherently belongs to him, and that anyone who denies it need to be reeducated on the truth. Rome is the world and, as the Emperor of Rome, the world is naturally his.

This manifests as his livelong goal to unify the entire world under his rule. The Age of Gods has passed, but he has the power and duty to create a new, better Age for his people. Part of his attempts to conquer Britain was the many remnants from the dying Age wasted when they should be out changing the world under him. His ambitions are his people's, and they needed to know and follow his will.

Despite this, he does not conduct himself in a manner befitting an emperor. He is crude and aggressive the majority of the time, blatantly stating his opinions and desires without decorum or pomp. He doesn't have a view on weakness, as everyone is inferior to himself, meaning he treats all but the few who meet his standards the same. Even then, they are still considered lesser, though he will acknowledge their strength for what it is. It's because of this that, in the rare cases when things are beyond his control, he becomes more stoic in his anger even as his demeanor becomes more severe.

Some of his more odd behavior is how he talks to and about his sword Florent. He speaks as though it responds to him, referring to it as female. Whether the sword has actual sentience, he is actually speaking to the goddess Flora through it, or it is some form of madness is debated, though Caesar, one of the few to wield it for a prolonged time, does not agree with the latter possibilities.

Perhaps his most defining characteristic is his utter devotion to what he sees as 'his'. As he sees the world as 'his', Lucius is actually a friend to humanity, willing to put his entire being on the line to defend it. It is his duty as Emperor to guide and protect everything that is 'his', and he does so without restraint even as he seeks dominance over it all. After all, the idea that he could possibly be defeated, let alone die, is ludicrous.

Were he to win the Holy Grail War, his wish would be to unify the world and begin a new Age of Gods, one brought forth and helmed by him. A realization of the dream he failed to accomplish in life.

Relationships

Artoria/Arthur Pendragon: You see now, Arthur? You wish for another to rule, but denied me, and you only found destruction. King of knights, become mine, and we will make my dream reality.

Avenable: What a foolish question. You have, and always will, be mine.

Julius Caesar: More than a title, they call me by your name. I have to admit, I do feel pride from that. …She had high hopes for you too.

Romulus: I suppose the founder deserves some credit. Now I just need to finish what he started. Rome is the world, after all. It just hasn’t realized it yet.

Nero: Gods, you’re so annoying and useless! To share a name with you is insulting! You’ve stained Rome with enough of your idiocy!

Constantine XI: East and West once again… No wonder the empire fell after I did! With people like you as ruler, clearly no one else had the power to actually do anything! Burn in your walls and get out of my sight.

Tiberius: You sniveling fool. You wish you weren’t royalty? Wish you weren’t emperor? Wish you were born lesser?! You had the power to change the world in the palm of your hands, and you simply dawdled and moped because you couldn’t handle it! We are lucky you had more competent prefects.

Heliogabalus:*Doesn’t acknowledge him*

Gilgamesh: I thank you for storing my treasures, but it is time for me to claim them. ...Oh? And what is a king to an Emperor?

Karl der Große: I see. You were busy even when you were left unused in the treasury.

Altera: Damn. Quiet down. It’s not like she can hear you.

Temujin: I would like to see you try. I’m sure your sister would be disappointed.

Craft Essence

Sword of the Umbral Flower
    The legend speaks.
    Gods are powerful, divine, and unreachable.
    As an eternal and bountiful tomorrow awaits,
    the Star speaks.
    Civilizations will fall, gods will fall.
    The age of life will one day come to an end.

The sword directs the way of the ending age.
    Even unity shall never be rewarded,
    and even if that dream shall never be realized,
    He will make it so.

I have but a single Saber not related to Arthurian myth. I should change that at some point.

I was really into the idea of making Lucius a direct contrast/parallel to Artoria. Two people who serve as the last vestiges of the dying age who come into direct opposition with each other. One could argue that was what Vortigern was, but Vortigern became more obstacle than ideological opposition. Having someone who is in a similar position and even acts similar in certain ways but is the complete opposite extreme is a classic rival trope, so doing him like that felt right. It's probably why he came out similar to Gil, though he's not trying to wife her.

Also, do people understand what I'm implying he's holding and how it contrasts Excalibur?
    Last edited by Morg van Destro; August 9th, 2023 at 06:00 AM.
    Fate/Without Justice

Blog Entries
    Also, do people understand what I'm implying he's holding and how it contrasts Excalibur?
    Judging by the fact that it's created from a fallen star and is called the "Umbral Flower", I'm assuming it's connected to Sefar/Velber?

If so, that would create a level of irony considering that Altera was so hellbent on destroying Rome. We never did get an explanation for that did we? I remember concocting one years ago that Artoria's ancestor who was a Roman Emperor was one of the people who wielded Excalibur to save the world in the past and a fragment of Sefar witnessed that and imprinted that memory onto future Altera who instinctively fought to destroy Rome so as to indirectly get rid of Excalibur.

- - - Updated - - -

Also it blows my mind that we still don't have Lucius as a Servant in F/GO yet.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Me who just thought it was "sword of the planet vs. sword crafted using stuff outside the planet"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Judging by the fact that it's created from a fallen star and is called the "Umbral Flower", I'm assuming it's connected to Sefar/Velber?

If so, that would create a level of irony considering that Altera was so hellbent on destroying Rome. We never did get an explanation for that did we? I remember concocting one years ago that Artoria's ancestor who was a Roman Emperor was one of the people who wielded Excalibur to save the world in the past and a fragment of Sefar witnessed that and imprinted that memory onto future Altera who instinctively fought to destroy Rome so as to indirectly get rid of Excalibur.
    On point. I already gave a vague idea of how I view the Velbers in Temujin's portion, but I unified it with one of the few things we have that reference the other 2.
    Karl
    As a youth, Karl and one of his knights, Astolfo, came across the remains of Velber in the Alps, along with a giant stone mural depicting the three Velber Anti-Cells sent to Earth, including Sefar. When Karl touched a fragment that would in the future be called "the Monolith", they had a vision of the Velber, and Karl saw his destiny to unify Europe and the world. He found his mission from God: to defeat all evil and save the world, united under one banner as one people. Astolfo describes how after coming into contact with those remains his King changed, becoming like a completely different person, and it may have made him "something other than human". Altera would later say that what Karl touched was the "stars' will".
    Given that Sefar is on the left and the right has a figure with a beard, that would make the giant flower Velber 3, as 1 is Altera's "big brother". Having someone carve into 3's body (assuming she also got destroyed with 2 and possibly 1) and turn them into a symbol of Rome only for it to try continuing its mission through them is an idea I liked. Having it then finally put down by Excalibur the sequel was icing on the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Also it blows my mind that we still don't have Lucius as a Servant in F/GO yet.
    Especially since he's so popular, we have actual canon art of him fighting Arthur, and people just want to know more about him.
    Fate/Without Justice

Blog Entries
    And on this day and at the hour of the child’s birth the comet appeared much larger than before and gave forth a clear and brilliant light. Although comets, for many reasons, usually make melancholy the heart of him who looks upon them, yet this comet with its glow was pleasing to look upon, so that each heart was moved at the sight of the comet, and thereby its special influence was a sign and revelation of the child’s birth. In the midst of this appearance of the comet, the queen was in her delivery greatly rejoiced, because the child was a beautiful son.

Then out of joy they began to ring the bells and throughout the whole kingdom were lighted countless fires of rejoicing. How great was the joy of the old white king and all the people of his kingdom, over this happy birth. Now when this child was born, the comet ceased at once with its glow, whereby it is to be recognized that the same comet was a token of the child’s future rule and of his wondrous deeds.

One thing will I make known: that when this child came to his years and to his rule, he was most victorious and most warlike, and to look upon his countenance he was most gracious, which indeed is wonderful to see in one who is warlike and of all most warlike; in this may be recognized the comet’s bold and frank appearance, and its gracious aspect, as a token of the future...

Note, that the king’s countenance is likened to this gracious aspect.
    - Maximilian I, Der Weisskunig

Maximilian I
    The Last Knight, Coeur d'Acier

Class: Saber
    Alternate Classes: Caster, Rider, Ruler, Lover

--- Parameters---
    Strength Endurance Agility Mana Luck Noble Phantasm
    C C C D B C

Height/Weight: 190 cm / 85 kg
    Source: History
    Region: Austria
    Alignment: True Neutral

Dislikes: Sitting still, being ignored, Brugge/Bruges
    Natural Enemy: Silence
    Catalyst: a page from an original print of Der Weisskunig

"Why am I a Saber, you ask? Because it is the most protagonist-like of all Classes. What else would I even be, hmmm? Ooh! Maybe a Ruler?"

--- Lore---

Maximilian I was born in 1459, the only surviving son of Holy Roman Emperor Frederick III (1). He became King of the Romans in 1486, had to crown himself the Holy Roman Emperor in 1508, and finally died in 1519 at the age of 59. During his time in power he expanded the influence of the Habsburgs considerably, both through war and marriage. One historian described him as the "first Holy Roman Emperor in 250 years who ruled as well as reigned", "the ablest royal warlord of his generation", a poet described him as "the Heart of Steel", and another as the "Last Knight".

In addition, Maximilian also ran the greatest PR program that history had yet known. He was the first ruler to both realize and exploit the immense advertising potential of the printing press, he attempted to control the depictions of his royal self through various projects that he commissioned, and even wrote some himself - such as the utterly brilliant work of fiction, the Weisskunig™ - reprint available in stores now. As a direct result of this campaign, it has become difficult to separate fact from fiction.

That said, the PR campaign can be said to have both succeeded and failed. Yes, his reputation among those who know of him is perhaps better than it would be, but that comes with the obvious caveat: those who know of him, which consists largely of historians (which, really, is barely an audience at all). To the populace at large, he is merely another Holy Roman Emperor, a state of affairs that can only be considered intolerable.

You see, Maximilian I can be called many things. He is brave and wise, the rare kind of man who can lay claim to being a superb lover as well as a warrior of stunning prowess; an outstanding man in almost every way. He was physically attractive, powerful, and affable; he was brave enough to head into a lion's enclosure alone and climbed cathedrals without footholds(2); a friend and patron to many artists, scientists, engineers, and inventors, and under his reign these fields flourished like they never did before; perhaps his only fault was, as some critics put it, that he was "too much of a genius to truly be emperor" or that he saw too far forward in time to rule his empire now, as well as being perhaps too willing to spend his empire's money; furthermore, he even -

... ... ...

One moment, please. We're experiencing momentary technical difficulties.

The problem is, as one who made a great effort - perhaps one of the greatest and most consistent efforts - to control his own image in the mind of the educated populace, he has retained control over how he is depicted, both in art as in writing. Is it any surprise, then, that he has decided to change even this document? The facts, such as they are, have not changed; only the perception thereof.

Hmph. I've got no idea what you're talking about.

--- Class Skills---

Magic Resistance D EX
    An innate protection from magical effects. Though on the surface similar to the Resistance effect that rejects all forms of Magical Energy, this Skill instead cancels spells altogether. At this rank, it is possible to cancel out spells with a chant below two verses, although anything on the level of greater magecraft or greater rituals is unaffected.

This Magic Resistance is not unlike an innate resistance to spells, as Saber lived in an era where spells were already starting far past their prime on the battlefields. Instead it is supplied by the great king's familiarity with the black arts and his disdain for them, his reputation as the Last Knight, and the imperial regalia of the Holy Roman Empire, as well as the Class container.

Riding D+ EX
    A Class Skill of Rider and Saber class Servants, denoting the ability to ride mounts and vehicles. Rider-class Servants will typically possess a high rank. It is said that dragon type mounts are an exception, requiring a different ability other than Riding.

As a king, of course Saber was educated in the art of horsemanship, and even achieved surprising competency in the arts of jousting and combat riding, resulting in a bonus when it comes to vehicular combat. He even wrote half of a book about it, you know, called the Freydal. The illustrations were very good. Designed them himself and everything.

--- Personal Skills---

Gedechtnus B EX
    Saber was the first ever ruler to not only realize the immense propaganda value of the printing press, but to fully utilize it. He embarked on a project called the Gedechtnus (lit. "memorial") to see his reputation soar ever higher. Not all of the works were written by sponsored artists, either: Maximilian possibly wrote the most brilliant of the works, the Theuerdank ("noble thought") and the Weisskunig ("White King"), two extremely thinly veiled prose romances about Maximilian himself. (3) He even designed his own cenotaph.

This Skill allows Maximilian to freely change the perception of his character sheet to any onlookers, even personalizing it for each and every single viewer, without limit. Of course, though he can inflate his parameters to EX rank or give himself the appearance of having six skills or more, he can't actually change his Saint Graph. In other words, if he's not careful, the illusion will shatter sooner or later. Being as clever as he is, though, this is a relative rarity.

Conqueror of Love and War C EX
    A Skill showing Saber's aptitude for conquering territory, both through war and through a cunning system of marriages of both himself and his children. For instance, through his marriage to Mary of Burgundy, he joined the Burgundian domains to the already sizable Habsburgian lands (even if these were lost not much later, that was someone else's fault, not his own.) There is even an expression about Maximilian's reign as follows:
    Bella gerant alii, tu felix Austria nube / Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi regna Venus
    Let others war, but let happy Austria marry / The kingdoms that others conquer by war, love grants to you.
    This Skill grants a bonus to all social checks involving either possible violence or alliances, e.g. intimidation And, should it be necessary or simply desirable, Saber will also show exactly how to conquer an opponent by love. (Offer does not apply to ugly people.)

Der Letzte Ritter B EX
    A Skill named after the poem by Anastasius Grün (pen name of Anton Alexander von Auersperg). "Der letzte Ritter" means the "Last Knight", a nickname which immediately brings tragic imagery to mind, which is kind of true except for the hero dying horribly at the end. That said, he was one of three (possibly more) men who received the nickname, the other two being Franz von Sickingen and Chevalier de Bayard. The actual meaning of the title is still under debate - does it refer to an idealized medieval ruler who led from horseback, or a disastrous misadventurer? It is, of course, the first.

This Skill grants Saber the advantage of over any figure of knightly romance, both heroes and villains. He is, after all, the last knight; hence logically all knights must first have fallen before he does. That said, the skill does not extend to simply granting him an automatic victory, as it is in the end a relatively simple self-suggestion hypnosis, reinforced by his Noble Phantasm. However, at the same time, it grants him disadvantage against those who are from an age without knights.

Blessing of the White Comet EX

Father of the Landsknechts EX

Ahem.

--- Noble Phantasm---

The White King of Noble Thought and Eternal Virtue
    Der Weisskunig Theuerdank

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1-10

Maximilian's 'magnum opera' as a writer, transformed into the form of a Noble Phantasm taking the shape of a sword. Though its name comes from two of his works, it is actually derived from his entire Gedechtnus project. Its function is simple: to reflect Maximilian's reputation - as a warrior, as a commander, as a Servant - during the course of the Grail War and to transform that reputation into actual combat power.

When activated, Der Weisskunig Theuerdank manifests as a floating, ghostly set of armour that hovers around Maximilian protectively, but which he can also invest with an intelligence that rivals that of a human and have it battle in his stead. Though its parameters are the exact same as those of Maximilian initially in his own cultural sphere and less elsewhere, winning fights and gaining a greater reputation as a fearsome foe will increase its parameters repeatedly, without limit, allowing it to become a fearsome juggernaut that could possibly even take on the top echelons of Servants presuming there is an attentive audience hanging onto Maximilian's every word. Equally, losing fights or otherwise being humiliated will decrease its parameters. The scale of the loss (or gain!) of reputation will influence the scale of the loss (again, or gain!) of parameters.

As reputation is more easily reinforced once set, the best tactic is for Saber to target weaker opponents and achieve a domineering victory and, from there, snowballing until he inevitably wins the Grail War. Provided the Master is good enough, obviously.

There are also two more Noble Phantasms, but one is for being summoned as a Rider, the other is kept for the inevitable summer version.

--- Personality---
    Yes, Maximilian is a glory hound. That said, while he definitely has a lot of personality, that doesn't mean his character is bad: when the swollen bubble of his ego is pricked, he'll be the first to laugh at himself(4). After all, being laughed at is itself a form of attention, and he needs attention more than he needs air or food - an expression which was barely figurative in his first life and has now become downright literal in his second.

--- Relationships---

Richard I the Lionheart
    "The Lionheart versus the Steelheart... Wouldn't that make a couple of decent chapters? As one lover of knightly romance to another, I say to you: en garde!"

Hans Christian Andersen
    "Haha! yes, you're right, that fits me to a tee! Come on, come on, do another one!"

Hokusai
    "Hello, friend! You are one of those Japanese artists I've heard so much about, correct? How much would it cost to commission an entire series of comics drawn by you? I'll be the writer, of course, so no need to worry about that part."

--- Footnotes---

(1) It wasn't quite a happy childhood, in part because his parents were under siege in Vienna. He apparently didn't speak until he was nine. His father thought his son was either mute or stupid. In the Weisskunig™ - reprint available in stores now, he explains that his father had sent him to learn magic from "someone learned in those black arts" and Maximilian soon learned that though obviously talented, it held little of interest for him. Possibly this is an analogy for hating his violently abusive science tutor, but probably it is not.

(2) The brilliant young Maximilian I climbed to the top of the roof of the Cathedral of Ulm, stood on one foot and turned round while his attendants almost literally shit themselves. A soldier who tried the same stunt on the same cathedral 400 years later died, you know. I mean, another one did manage it without dying, but really it's impressive still, isn't it?

(3) While nowadays this could of course called a "self-insert", in another sense it is merely following in the footsteps of such luminaries as Dante Alighieri. Also interesting is that the female protagonist depicted is Mary of Burgundy, who was unlike Beatrice from the Divine Comedy, not only in being far more beautiful but also actually married to Maximilian. This marriage was of course a political move, but also there does seem to have been some romance there. She tried to teach him ice-skating, for instance. She even locked me in my apartments once because I wanted to wage war on a stronger French army and wouldn't let me out until I agreed to go dancing instead. God, what a glorious woman.

(4)As was usual in those days, Maximilian was quite interested in connecting his ancestors to famous people - the more famous and the more ancient, the better. After the origins of the Habsburgs had been traced back to Noah, the fool Kunz von der Rosen brought before the emperor a retired soldiers' harlot and a beggar, who petitioned him to support them because they were all descendants of Adam. The emperor laughed.

Another incident relates to Albrecht Dürer, one of the finest artists of the age and in regular contact with the intelligentsia such as Da Vinci, Raphael, etc. Maximilian saw that the ladder Dürer used was unstable, and told a nearby noble to hold it steady. The noble refused, as he considered this below him. He was then rebuked by Maximilian because "I can make a noble out of any peasant; I cannot make an artist like Dürer out of a noble", and so Maximilian came to hold the ladder himself. Ah, Albrecht. I once tried to sketch something for him and he refused to let me, you know. He told me the charcoal was his scepter, not mine.

Creator Notes:
    I remember "character commenting on their own sheet" being a Thing in earlier editions of CAS, although I can't remember which ones. I figured I might as well take an overdue stab at it myself. If it's annoying, that's intentional.
    The Adventure of the Velvet Room (Sherlock Holmes/Persona) (SB, FFN, AO3)

Blog with all of my Servants so far.

BASIC[✦]INFORMATION
    ☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆

[✦] TRUE NAME 》
    [✧] Makora Gyokuto

[✦] CLASS 》
    [✧] Foreigner

[✦] ALTERNATE CLASS 》
    [✧] Alter Rgo

[✦] GENDER 》
    [✧] Male

[✦] HEIGHT 》
    [✧] 5’10”

[✦] WEIGHT 》
    [✧] 165 lbs

[✦] SOURCE 》
    [✧] Buddhism, Various Folktales

[✦] COUNTRY OF ORIGIN 》
    [✧] Asia

「PARAMETER[✦]SHEET」
    [✦] STRENGTH 》
    [✧] B+

[✦] ENDURANCE 》
    [✧] C+

[✦] AGILITY 》
    [✧] A++

[✦] MANA 》
    [✧] C

[✦] LUCK 》
    [✧] C

[✦] NP 》
    [✧] A+

「BACKGROUND[✦]INFORMATION」
    [✦] LORE 》
    [✧]
    Spoiler:
    A Fusion-type Servant created from the figure of Makora, otherwise known as Mahāla in sanskrit, of the Twelve Heavenly Generals, and the various Moon Rabbits found throughout folklore. Due to his association with the Rabbit Zodiac, Makora’s compatibility with the Moon Rabbits was a natural one, allowing for the creation of this Fusion-type Servant. Though little is known about Makora himself in terms of modern public knowledge, some sources state that he is a separate manifestation, or a trace, of the Buddha Bhaisajyaguru, commonly referred to as the "Medicine Buddha", he is described as a doctor who cures suffering using the medicine of his teachings. In regards to the Moon Rabbits, there are varying stories throughout Asia and the Americas which pertain to a Rabbit performing some act which earns its image to be immortalized on the moon, among the rabbits is supposedly an incarnation of the Buddha himself. The creation of Makora as his current lapin self was a result of the Moon Rabbits desiring to become a Heroic Spirit of their own, their noble natures calling for them to become a part of the throne. On their own, they could not do as such, but it was through the discovery of Makora’s spirit that enabled their fused existence as a singular entity, much to his dismay. Now a Heroic Spirit of the Foreigner class, Makora Gyokuto’s prowess as a Heavenly General, and patissier, shall be brought to Earth!

[✦] PERSONALITY 》
    [✧]
    Spoiler:

The first and foremost trait any individual will notice upon interacting Makora is his very gruff demeanor, always appearing to be standoffish and less than sociable. This more often than not is the actual case when it comes to interacting with those he hardly knows or trusts, a thick wall keeping Makora and an acquaintance from getting too close too soon, as trust is something that needs to be earned in Makora’s eyes. His gruff demeanor often makes him come off as rude and informal, talking to others in an overly informal, yet distant manner; this as well can make him a very blunt talker, quick to speak his thoughts and opinions about someone regardless of tact or feelings. However for all its faults, his gruff and blunt attitude makes it possible for him to be honest with those who need such harsh words, or if action is needed over dialogue. He is not one to hide his feelings on important matters, especially those of the heart, as he will be the first to tell someone how he feels about them and whether or not he considers them someone he can trust, but being someone he can call a friend or lover is a completely different matter. Oftentimes he will lace his criticisms or observations with dry wit, making an emotionally neutral comment about one’s shortcomings without any reservations whatsoever. He as well is not afraid to get physical with someone should they become too much of a nuisance. This overall aspect of him can make him quite the cynic, easy to assume the worst in people and their motives, or at the very least nothing too good can ever be true. This further makes it difficult for one to earn Makora’s trust, requiring dedication and action to prove to him that his cynicism is not always accurate. It is as well due to his gruff nature that Makora can become quite ruthless when dealing with those who have crossed certain lines, unafraid to subject them to horrid payback and retribution for their transgressions against him.

Despite this, however, he can be quite calm and collected in the face of many situations. Though he will allow himself to voice his temperament during troubling times, he nonetheless can keep his composure, finding a perfect balance between feeling his emotions, and acting on them. This enables him to act with a controlled fury or panic, allowing him to put the energy of his emotions into his body to better aid him in the current predicament he has found himself in. Indeed, his collected consciousness allows him to think through a plethora of scenarios which would be most too emotional to think clearly. As such, Makora will often regulate himself as the voice of reason in such instances, knowing well that such words are needed, even when he may be the angriest or most panicked in the room. The major reason why Makora can act so gruff and collected is due to his suave confidence. Though he is for the most part gruff, Makora does have a certain sense of style and aesthetic he lives by. Akin to a code, Makora always seems to act with this confidence and sense of style in mind, in which he must be “hardboiled,” “stylish,” and “confident.” To Makora, these are three most important words in the world to him and is what he has forged his demeanor around; to Makora, being hardboiled means to listen to your feelings but do what’s best for yourself, being stylish means to act in ways that make you feel pride in what you did and how you did it whether it's physical or verbal, and to be confident means to adhere to your choices and live the life you chose for yourself, even if it means an early death. This “code” is something he often judges others by, particularly other men. For the most part, he finds that if someone falls into one of the three words he lives by, he can get along with them even if they by no means meet the standards of the other two. However, he will make it plainly clear when someone cannot meet the standard of even one part of his code, in which case it will be very unlikely that he or they will ever get along.

While it seems more of a brute who only cares for himself, Makora is actually quite perspicacious, readily having insight into and an understanding of things, far more than he lets on. Indeed, Makora is someone who takes in the facets of a situation or person into himself and will repeatedly examine them until he can see right through them. This insightful nature of his can make Makora difficult to trick, as he will always be combing for the finer details and meanings behind one’s words, actions, and intent. While as well makes it difficult for one to earn his trust, one can be assured that if they are able to pass his perspicacious nature, he is more than likely to trust them more as individual, having gained a understanding of them and how they work, that is assuming he doesn’t come to regard the individual as an enemy that must be put down. This insightful nature of his as well makes him quite calculating, which is fairly surprising for someone as gruff as he is. While he certainly seems to be the type to act rather than think, this is far from the case as he is capable of being ruthlessly clever, taking full advantage of his perspicaciousness in order to plan out a strategy or scheme that will put him in a more favorable position than his opponent. It is thanks to his confidence and sense of style that Makora can appear to be playful at times, able to cut back on his more standoffish demeanor and allow himself to enjoy the situation, fully capable of laughing at anything unfortunate that may happen to his allies, enemies, or even a bystander. Part of this more hidden jovial nature of his is an ironic sense of humor, often finding enjoyment in seeing people in situations they normally wouldn’t or shouldn’t be in, unafraid to rub it in their faces at any given moment. So long as it falls within his three important words, Makora can be as jovial as any other person, completely capable of losing himself to festivities or the passion of a moment if the conditions are right.

「CLASS[✦]SKILLS」
    [✦] Existence Outside the Domain 》 [C]
    [✧] Being the personification of the Moon Rabbit found throughout folktales around the world, Makora can be classified as a being that does not reside on Earth, for the Moon itself is his domain.

[✦] Divinity 》 [B]
    [✧] The basis of Makora’s identity is the Heavenly General who represents the rabbit, Mahāla, a divinity charged with protecting the Buddha Bhaisajyaguru, who he may in fact be a manifestation of, at least according to the concept of honji suijaku.

「PERSONAL[✦]SKILLS」
    [✦] Moonlit Lapin 》 [C++]
    [✧] As a being associated with, and residing on, the moon, Moonlit Lapin increases Makora’s physical parameters whenever he is in direct contact with moonlight, particularly his Agility.

[✦] Lunar Mochi and Medicine 》 [A]
    [✧] A crafting skill which allows Makora to create medicine and elixirs with the help of his Mochitsuki mallet. By using mochi as a base, he can reforge it into mochi-based foods or potions capable of healing wounds, curing diseases, and restoring stamina. By creating rabbit shaped mochi and embuing his Mana into it, he can create familiars, though they seem to pester him about doing good and the right thing.

[✦] Heavenly General: Hare 》 [B+]
    [✧] As part of his identity comes from the Heavenly General Mahāla, Makora’s Agility gains a passive boost, giving him the ability to deftly and efficiently move about the battlefield without showing signs of slowing down nor falling prey to missteps. He can incorporate this into his fighting style, moving from one attack to the next with seamless motions.

[✦] Mana Burst [Moon] 》 [A++]
    [✧] With the Moon Rabbit’s long lasting presence on the satellite itself, Makora is able to channel lunar energy through his weapon of choice, often causing a freezing effect upon the target.

「NOBLE[✦]PHANTASM」
    [✦] Mallet of the Luminescent Satellite; Mochitsuki [B+]
    [✧] Classification: Anti-Unit
    [✧] The mallet in which the white rabbit uses to create the elixir of life and mochi on the moon, Mochitsuki can be considered a divine construct, a tool designed in order to return the Moon Goddess Chang'e to Earth by giving her an elixir of life. As a Noble Phantasm, Mochitsuki is able to utilize multiple aspects of the moon to Makora’s advantage, such as moonlight, lunar energy, and even lunar dust. Mochitsuki appears to have another ability that can be switched into in exchange for leaving its lunar based capabilities inactive. Upon reciting a certain phrase, Mochitsuki gains the ability to grant any inanimate object it strikes the properties of mochi.

Indeed, as absurd as this sounds, any non-living target, be they apart of the environment or a mere object, stricken by Mochitsuki will become like mochi, turning pliable, elastic, sticky, soft enough to where it can be argued the target is even more durable than it once was, all the while maintaining its weight, mass, and density. With this unique ability of Mochitsuki, Makora could theoretically alter the shape of the battlefield and its items to his advantage, entrapping the enemy, creating cover or obstacles, even moving through surfaces as though he was burrowing through the softest dirt. By combining this with his Lunar Mochi and Medicine skill, he can even create rabbit-like familiars made from the environment’s “mochi,” which are capable of swarming his target with the same density as the materials they were made from. Upon deactivation, all effected objects will lose the properties of mochi, but retain theor altered shapes. This gives Mochitsuki high versatility, in that it can shift between dealing damage, or focusing on utility.

The phrases he must recite are: “Awaken, protector of the Healing Buddha” To access Mochitsuki’s Lunar abilities, and “Awaken, apothecary and patissier of the Moon.” To access Mochitsuki’s mochi transmogrification.

[✦] Brewing Grounds of Mochi and Elixirs; Otsukimi 》 D
    [✧] Classification: Anti-Unit
    [✧] A Reality Marble-type Noble Phantasm which crystalizes Makora’s domain as the moon rabbit, materializing and projecting the surface of the moon itself. Activating the Reality Marble itself is fairly simple, with Makora holding Mochitsuki in a reverse grip and reciting the Noble Phantasm’s name, then slamming the face of the mallet onto the surface he is standing on. Upon activation, Makora and those caught in the Reality Marble will find themselves on the surface of the moon, specifically the Lunar mares that make up the Moon Rabbit pareidolia. Though they are on the moon itself, all those within the Reality Marble are able to breathe as normal, the vacuum of space seemingly having no effect on oxygen in this space. However, targets caught in the Reality Marble will have to deal with varying environmental hazards that can be found on the moon, most particular of all being Lunar Dust, particles with fineness, jagged edges, and electrostatic charge which adheres to and coats almost any surface it contacts, causing external damage to, while inhaling the dust may cause damage to the lungs, nervous, and cardiovascular systems.

On top of the natural environmental hazards, the gravity of the Reality Marble is reduce to 16.6% compared to the Earth’s. As such, targets will have to adapt to the sudden change in gravity, meanwhile Makora himself will be able to take full advantage of the reduction. Using the lessened gravity, Makora is able to increase his agility and movement potential, giving him unrestricted motion and a greatly reduced pull on his body, allowing him to fluidly move about the Reality Marble. He is even able to cancel out the low gravity effect on himself whenever he desires, suddenly regaining Earth’s gravity when it suits him. This Reality Marble also seems to meet the conditions of Moonlit Lapin’s activation, increasing Makora’s physical abilities even more so than normal as he is saturated in the light while the Reality Marble is active. However, as this is a Reality Marble, the mana cost is quite high, preventing it from being overtly used.

[✦] Hare of Sustenance; Sasa-Jātaka 》 C
    [✧] Classification: Anti-Army (Self)
    [✧] “The Bodhisatta was once a hare. He lived in the forest and had three friends, a monkey, a jackal, and an otter, who he advised on moral matters. When an old man begged for food from them, the monkey gathered fruits from the trees and the otter collected fish, while the jackal found a lizard and a pot of milk-curd. Knowing only how to gather grass, the rabbit instead offered its own body by throwing itself into a fire the man had prepared. However, the rabbit was not burnt and the old man revealed that he was Śakra. Touched by the rabbit's virtue, he drew the likeness of the rabbit on the Moon for all to see. It is said the lunar image is still draped in the smoke that rose when the rabbit cast itself into the fire.” Many tales of the Moon Rabbit involve self-sacrifice, where the Rabbit offers its life to a figure in one way or another, and out of gratitude the rabbit’s image is affixed to the moon. This Noble Phantasm crystalizes these tales into a supportive ability, at the cost of Makora’s life. To begin, he must first recite a verse:

“Sacrifice for Sakka, immolation for sustenance.
    Sacrifice for Chang'e, thousand years for compassion.
    Though a rabbit I may be, if all the inhabitants of this earth were to test me in alms-giving, they would not find in me any unwillingness to give!"

After the recitement, Makora slams Mochitsuki upon the surface, shaking the very ground and air. Upon doing so, Makora is lit ablaze and ascends towards the sky. After a flash, an illusory moon is created above his allies, the Moon Rabbit looking down upon them. The false moon then bathes the targeted allies in moonlight, restoring their stamina, healing their wounds, and refilling them with mana necessary to unleash their Noble Phantasms. Once the moon dissipates, a single mass of moonlight descends upon the battlefield, and within it is a single white rabbit wielding Mochitsuki, a temporary form for Makora, leaving him incapable of fighting until he has regained his own mana. This revival and transformation crystalizes the fact that in nearly all tales relating to the Moon Rabbit, the Rabbit does not necessarily die, but is instead saved by the person he sought to help. Due to the amount of mana this utilizes, using this Noble Phantasm repeatedly is not feasible, and, as a natural restriction, utilizing Sasa-Jātaka a second time will result in Makora’s death, with there being no revival to follow.

Notes
    Spoiler:

Please give me your thoughts on this gruff bunny! First time making a Foreigner, was intending on tying in a certain love crafting moon entity, but couldn't find a lot about him. So I took the Voyager approach instead.

Edited:
    ☆ Additional Class changed to Alter Ego
    ☆ Mochi bunny familiars to Lunar Medicine and Mochi skill
    ☆ Items effected Mochitsuki's mochi properties will retain their altered shape after deactivation.
    Last edited by Hirihoh; March 28th, 2023 at 10:35 AM.

Blog Entries
    Caster of Inescapable Guilt
    -- England’s Faust --

"Master, this world is hell without Astarte. Permission to kill myself? Or as you say, commit Lancer?"

Class: Caster
    Other Classes: Berserker
    True Name: Manfred
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil (He says. It’s actually True Neutral)
    Origin: English Literature

Parameters:

STR: D
    END: D
    AGI: D
    MGI: A
    LCK: Varies
    NP: EX

Likes: "I have forgotten. When I was with Astarte, I loved so many things. Now they are all dust."
    Dislikes: " Everything in this world. There is no Astarte."
    Talent: "I suppose I am quite talented in spiritual magecraft. All that is garbage without my Astarte.."

Natural Enemy: Ishtar

"Astarte, is that you? Forgive me!"

Armament: "My magecraft."
    Catalyst: "I suppose a copy of my poem would work."

Class Skills

Territory Creation (E->B)

The skill of a Caster class servant to create a territory. While he could theoretically use this skill to create a replica of his castle, he refuses to do so because it reminds him of Astarte. That is of course, until his Master forces him into doing it, which is remarkably easy.

"Oh, Astarte! I cannot fight without you! What is it Master? You want me to shut up with my whining and actually do magecraft? Fine, I’ll bring in my castle."

Item Creation (B)

The skill of a servant to create items. While he has no particular affinity for this skill, due to being a talented mage, he has it at an above average rank.

"I’m working! I’m working. Don’t worry, this is as high of a skill as it gets."

Personal Skills

Spiritual Magecraft/Summoning (A+)

Manfred is one of the most talented spiritual evocation mages that ever were. This skill allows him to summon familiars or higher beings to do magecraft with. This skill makes him one of the most deadly and versatile Caster servants.

"The one thing I’m good at. For all the good it did me when Astarte died."

Faustian (B)

A skill denoting a heroic spirit who is reminiscent of Faust or is otherwise accused of consorting with the Devil in life. It acts as a kind of Innocent Monster, making it easier for Manfred to consort with demons or otherwise make blasphemous contracts. This is odd as Manfred is inherently a reimagining of Goethe's work. Faust turned to the devil out of greed and lust, whereas Manfred despises such thing and wishes only peace.

"If God shall not absolve me, I will turn to the Devil. My sins are as black as his."

Cursed To Live (B)

Manfred, within his story, struggled to in some way end his life or seek redemption. However, all failed. This skill twists his luck stat and forces it into the highest possible one it could be. He is not allowed to die or fail, yet that is his greatest suffering. Essentially, it is very difficult to kill him as long as he is suffering. However, should Manfred ever attempt to take back control of his own life, desiring to actually redeem himself, this skill will be replaced with …

SEALED

Tis Not So Difficult to Die (B)

Manfred always chose his own path, no matter what. Rather than find redemption, he chose to remain free from a witch’s service. He refused to bow to Arimanes despite his power. He flaunted Church traditions and committed suicide rather than surrender to the world. No matter where Manfred is, he will remain free. This skill acts as a kind of ultimate Independent Action. He will always have the chance to die or dispense with his life and can ignore most mind control magecraft or commands.

"Oh, life! How troubling you are!"

Noble Phantasm(s)
    Artificial Wish Granting Device
    The Seven Spirits

"Very well, I shall do it myself."
    "I call you to me now Spirits, heed me and grant my request!
    "

Type: Anti-???
    Range: ???
    Max Targets: ???

Manfred, driven by guilt and desire, did the almost impossible and summoned seven spirits. His plan was to sacrifice them and make an Artificial Grail. They are capable of granting wishes when he does this, although a large amount of mana is required as well as extensive preparations.

However, they are far more limited than a normal Grail, being unable to change the past, grant True Magic, or alter memories. Despite this, use of this phantasm grants Manfred an extreme boost in power and mana, making him more akin to a Magician from the Age of Gods rather than a Mage of the modern era.

Despite this, he considers the phantasm to be useless. It cannot grant him what he desires in his heart.

Description
    Manfred was a Mage in the early 19th century who was written about in an epic poem by Lord Byron.

Due to the death of his beloved Astarte, he attempted to find some way to either forget or to find forgiveness. First, he, driven by his guilt, created an artificial Grail out of seven nature spirits. These spirits could not give him the forgetfulness he desired, so he attempted to jump off a cliff. However, a hunter saved him.

All of his attempts failed him, until he died. Truly, a tragic man.

Manfred is one who craves death and absolution, referring to the world as Hell and himself as the worst sinner ever. While this would seem tragic, in a modern world filled with stories, he comes off more as comical and like a sad teenager. Although he does have a sense of humor, he tends to hide it and spend his life bemoaning the death of Astarte, his true love. (Also maybe his sister, but let’s not discuss that) However, he can be pushed into getting over himself by a master with a forceful enough personality. Otherwise, he'll just whine and try to kill himself (failing due to his skill). Additionally, he sees the Grail as his last chance at redemption and happiness, although he's cynical enough to believe that it too will be a fraud.

Creator's Notes
    This is here.

Any advice?
    Last edited by Dreamerless; October 18th, 2023 at 04:01 PM.
    My compendium is here: https://blogs.nrvnqsr.com/blog.php/14424

My fanfiction Fate/Roundabout is here: https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...ate-Roundabout

Fuck in what page Tamamo Christ is in again?

This site's search engine sucks balls

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries