Page 56 of 620 FirstFirst ... 6465154555657586166106156556 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 12385

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

Thiess of Kaltenbrun: I've never seen a real-life figure more suited to being in a historical fantasy novel. A true believer who nonetheless commits sins to win the war against God's enemies is a cool concept, and you did a good job of bearing it out through the skills and Noble Phantasms.

Roland: I'm a total sucker for anything that resembles Knight of Honor. tfw we'll never see Summer Roland slaying monsters with a pool noodle

Hanno the Navigator: Anything that reminds me of You's absolute big brain Harambe sheet is good in my books. I mean, I do like the Noble Phantasm on its own merits, but I also enjoy the can-do attitude you gave to one of humanity's earliest known explorers.

Blog Entries
    Roland: This is quite good! I really enjoy the overall wackiness to the Sheet which is one of the reasons I loved Astolfo in Fate/Apocrypha despite my overall feelings on the actual quality of that series. I also like how the Noble Phantasm is strong but is hindered by his Mad Enhancement since I think most Berserker Sheets don't take advantage of this to create an interesting narrative. Would love to see this in canon one day.
    Last edited by Anju Addams; July 14th, 2020 at 03:04 PM.

Servant Sheet Compilation
    Pronouns - She/Her
    'Winner' of the Legendary Jack-Off

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DecieverSupreme View Post
    Thiess of Kaltenbrun: I've never seen a real-life figure more suited to being in a historical fantasy novel. A true believer who nonetheless commits sins to win the war against God's enemies is a cool concept, and you did a good job of bearing it out through the skills and Noble Phantasms.
    I'll take that as quite a hefty compliment, so thanks! Yeah, a historical fantasy novel starring this guy (or somebody based on him) would be cool. I wonder if something like that already exists...

Blog Entries
    that makes sense

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper of Remnant View Post
    Roland: This is quite good! I really enjoy the overall wackiness to the Sheet which is one of the reasons I loved Astolfo in Fate/Apocrypha despite my overall feelings on the actual quality of that series. I also like how the Noble Phantasm is strong but is hindered by his Mad Enhancement since I think most Berserker Sheets don't take advantage of this to create an interesting narrative. Would love to see this in canon one day.
    although i said it before Reaper but what have you against Fate Apocrypha actually i d like to know as it liked the (initially) Setting of 14 (7 against 7) servants there though i must admit that i wished they gave us more Mordred -Kairi or Semiramis -Tokisada or even some more Achiles-Atalante Moments and im honestly still mad that they didnt gave Karna an Flashback .

besides i see you have Nzambi as Avatar pic is she your new favorite danger(ous) Girl and by that Chance how do you like the fate Requiem Setting am i ccurious? and did you see my last servant ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    although i said it before Reaper but what have you against Fate Apocrypha actually i d like to know as it liked the (initially) Setting of 14 (7 against 7) servants there though i must admit that i wished they gave us more Mordred -Kairi or Semiramis -Tokisada or even some more Achiles-Atalante Moments and im honestly still mad that they didnt gave Karna an Flashback .

besides i see you have Nzambi as Avatar pic is she your new favorite danger(ous) Girl and by that Chance how do you like the fate Requiem Setting am i ccurious? and did you see my last servant ?
    Wasted potential really. Apocrypha was an absolute mess despite having fantastic ideas that went really underused. I also think the focus on Gary Stu Cardboard Homunculus was also an awful decision. Some of the Servants are some of my favourites in the franchise [Astolfo, Jack the Ripper, Shakespeare] whereas others [Siegfried, Frankenstein's Monster] were just boringly bland. I also see the Vlad III presented in Extra as more interesting than his Apocrypha version since he closer resembles his historical counterpart with only minor Dracula influences.

As for Nzambi, she is indeed probably now my favourite Servant [design-wise] absolutely ever in the series because...err...certain reasons. I haven't read much into Requiem yet bar looking into the Servants who appear in it but I do like the Borgia Siblings and am looking forward to Longius lore. Not too much of a fan of the Voyager machine apparently becoming a Servant but precedent for bizarre shit becoming Servants [Maxwell's Demon] has existed since the original visual novel so I'm more accepting of it than other issues I have. Anyway, I'll have to look at your Sheet soon. Been busy lately with work.
    Last edited by Anju Addams; July 14th, 2020 at 04:30 PM.

Servant Sheet Compilation
    Pronouns - She/Her
    'Winner' of the Legendary Jack-Off

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    ​0
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 08:05 PM.

Foreigner of the Hand

Class: Foreigner
    Alignment: Chaotic / Evil

Info:

Dislikes:
    Height: 6’3”
    Weight: 216 lbs
    Origin: History
    Region: Belgium
    Catalyst: Rubber from the Congo or the bones of a cut off hand
    Talents: statecraft, business
    Armament: ???
    Natural Enemy:

Stats and Deck

STR: D
    END: D
    AGI: D
    MAG: EX
    LCK: C

Arts - Arts - Buster - Quick - Quick

Class and Personal Skills

Class Skills

Existence Outside the Domain (EX):
    The signature skill of the Foreigner class. This skill is the manifestation of a Servant and their contact with an Outer being. Due to this contact The Servant then becomes the emissary of the Outer God in earth and are resistant to other forms of Mental Pollution and interference.

In Foreigner’s case, his soul was sold in exchange for the natural wealth of the land he owned. Due to this exchange, the Servant’s physical makeup will begin to alter to a form comprised of both the original host and the Outer God. Due to this, Foreigner received hamsas on both his hands and had his bones replaced by wires made from a material from another plane of existence.

Divinity (B):
    A skill that denotes a Servant’s lineage as one descended from a divine being.

In Foreigner’s case, this skill was given to him in due to the Outer God, Aletheia, possessing him. Due to this Foreigner has received a B rank at this skill.

Insanity (A):
    A skill that derives itself from the Mental Pollution skill. Having been contacted by an Outer being. Contact between Outer Gods and humans never end well for the latter as the awareness of the Outer God’s existence tears away at fragile human minds. Due to the Foreigner class’s parameters, this skill allows those Servants to either keep their sanity even as the God possess them or throws them further into the madness until they are eventually consumed by it.

Due to Foreigner’s low magic circuits prior to his possession, this skill manifests in the form of extreme madness and devotion for the Outer God Aletheia. Foreigner compulsively seeks to expand his God’s worship to the world and when summoned will attempt to convert everyone and anyone by any means necessary .

Personal Skills

Golden Rule ~ Land ~ (B):
    A skill denoting a Servant’s aptitude for acquiring wealth in the form of money, land or objects. Now this skill manifests itself as an ability to receive mana from the local leylines. At this rank Foreigner is able to successfully receive enough mana from the surrounding area to supply his 1st noble phantasm for sometime.

In life Foreigner not only owned multiple rubber mines and ivory extracting plants, but also an entire country. Instead of directly ruling over the country as its emperor, he decided to become its sole proprietor and took the minerals farmed from his property and sold them to European markets at great costs.

Innocent Monster (D):
    A skill possessed by Servants whose true history and existence have been distorted by the monstrous reputations and gossips they accrued across the course of their life and thereafter, without concern for the actual person's will or appearance. As a consequence, the Servant's abilities and appearance have been rendered to conform to the specifications of their legend. Incidentally, this Personal Skill cannot be removed. In Foreigner’s case, this skill provides a rank up to STR and END when summoned to a land outside his domain.

In the eyes of his domestic subjects, Foreigner could do no wrong. Nicknamed the “Builder King” by his people, Foreigner was known as a king that only wanted the prosperity of his people. However, since his passing, the world has learned of his true nature and the atrocities committed in his name in his colonies in the Congo. Because of these stories, Foreigner’s name is forever dragged through the mud for the acts that he sanctioned.

Eyes of Truth (EX):
    A unique skill given only to Foreigner. This skill is a variation of the Mystic Eyes skill, which is a skill given to servants in recognition of the magic circuits concentrated in and around one’s eyes. This skill grants Foreignermystic eyes of Binding, Compulsion, and Truth Seeking. Allowing him to stun and command those who see his eyes as well as allows him to see the truth of all things. This last portion of the skill acts as a pseudo True Name’s Discernment skill of the same rank.

After Foreigner’s possession by the Outer God, he was granted 2 hamsas. Each of these Hamsas contain a pair of mystic eyes that allow for this skill’s activation along with his 2nd noble phantasm.

Noble Phantasms

Force Publique
    The Out Stretched Hands of My God
    Anti-Unit Noble Phantasm (B)
    Targets: ???
    The mercenaries meant to keep Foreigner’s slave labor in line and in check. Described as an exceptionally brutal force they would, on Foreigner’s behalf, they took part in numerous atrocities ranging from the raping and pillaging of villages, enslavement of others, and the punishment of those who fell out of line. From the report of foreign missionaries, the Force Publique would regularly chop off the extremities, hands in particular, of those who could not meet their rubber mining quota. While the order to do such an atrocity was guised as a show of “never wasting a bullet”, the true intention was that foreigner would offer these hands as payment to the Outer God.

As a Noble Phantasm, Foreigner is able to manifest these mercenaries in a truly grotesque form. As no member of this force is worthy of the title “Heroic Spirit” these familiars take the form of emaciated humans with no hands. Instead where their hands would be are wires made from a rubber like material from another plane of existence. On their heads however, a served hand with an painted eye is placed, covering the facial features. The wires that sprout out from where their hands should be are actually what make up the bone structure of these familiars allowing for their bodies to be easily repaired if cut or bludgeoned. These wires can also extend out of the body and be used as whips or a method of binding an opponent. Only completely destroying one of these familiars will stop their pursuit.

As the eyes on the hands placed on their head act as a medium for Foriegner’s control over them, his allowed to see and speak through these familiars.

Hamsa Aletheia
    My God’s Guiding Hands
    Anti-Man Noble Phantasm (EX)
    Targets: 1
    Contact with an Outer God changed Foreigner’s life, whether it was for the better or worse is only for him to decide. As a part of this conversion of faith, Alethia placed its all seeing hamsa upon foreigner’s head gifting him with both truth seeking eyes and replacing his bone structure with the same material Alethia’s is made up with, wires made from a material outside this plane of existence.

This Noble Phantasm is the sublimation of this conversion. In the same matter as his on conversion, Foreigner is able to place his hand on another being turning them into a member of his 1st Noble Phantasm. Once affected by this Noble Phantasm, the target will not be able to resist Foreigner’s commands and loose all sense of self. This Noble phantasm also allows Foreigner to control the wires in his own body similar to that of familiar from his first noble phantasm.

Background

Foreigner or more commonly known as King Leipold the second of Belgium, was born in Brussels as the second but eldest surviving son of the previous king, he succeeded his father to the Belgian throne in 1865 and reigned for 44 years until his death – the longest reign of any Belgian monarch. He died without surviving legitimate heirs to his throne.

Foreigner was the founder and sole owner of the Congo Free State, a private project undertaken on his own behalf. At the Berlin Conference, the colonial nations of Europe authorized his claim by committing the Congo Free State to improving the lives of the native inhabitants. Ignoring these conditions, he ran the Congo using his own mercenary for personal gain. He extracted a fortune from the territory after a rise in the price of rubber in the 1890s, by forced labour from the native population to harvest and process rubber.

Foreigner’s administration of the Congo was characterised by murder and torture resulting from notorious systematic brutality. The hands of men, women, and children were amputated when the quota of rubber was not met. Modern estimates range from 1 million to 15 million deaths, with a consensus growing around 10 million. This however is the common knowledge of what happened.

In actuality, upon Foreigner’s 1st visit to the Congo, he was gifted with a statue of a “Foreign God”. Upon holding the statue, Foreigner, was possessed by the Outer God, Aletheia, and formed a contract with it that Foreigner would pledge his worship to Aletheia in exchange for unheard of riches from the land. Foreigner would accept this offer and pledge his worship to Aletheia with the offerings of the hands of those that did not keep up with his demands.

Personality

While in life, Foreigner was a man of fine tastes and a true businessman. He would constantly be scheming of new ways to sell his product or use his product to make him more money. As a king he would act as regal as possible when around his subjects, possibly to a fault. Though after meeting Aletheia, many things changed about him. Going from a man of fine tastes to a closested zealot, only looking for ways to use his new found wealth to grow his master’s following. Foreigner believes that the people Within his kingdom are nothing more than cattle necessary for his plans to work. This mentality is what made it so easy for him to approve the genocide of so many Congolese. While he thinks of his domestic subjects in the same manner he is more prone to showing them respect than those not of his domestic kingdom.

lines:
    Artoria Pendragon: What a pathetic view of your people. The people of one’s nation aren’t to be cherished, after all they are our subjects and are born to be subjugated. Ruling without this thought in mind is utterly foolish.

Ivan the Terrible: that man and I cannot see eye to eye on all things. His love for such a pathetic God will not get him far in this next life, however I do agree with his view of ruling...

Iksandar: Ruling with friendship, phft, don’t make me laugh

Gilgamesh: how dare you claim the world as yours, I will see to it that that arrogant face is prostrated in front of my divine master.

Last edited by Perry Ellis.; July 14th, 2020 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Added flavor text to innocent monster, edited the personality and added lines

Blog Entries
    Leopold II: Damn, I'd heard of this guy before from a sheet NMR-3 wrote for him back in the old thread. Probably one of the few cases where even becoming the avatar of an Outer God couldn't make his personality tangibly worse, because the original guy was just that scumbaggy. I definitely think the Chaotic Neutral Alignment is too mild for him. Given his RL deeds, let alone Outer God stuff, I can't see him meriting anything less than Chaotic or Lawful Evil.

Moving on to the meat of the sheet, the fusion with Aletheia works quite well. I like how you referenced his worst deeds in real life (cutting off hands and imposing cruel quotas for harvesting rubber) for his Outer God form while also tying them into Aletheia's own traits. Definitely some good morbid imagery there, especially his first NP. For Foreigner sheets it can be hard to nail the vibe of something genuinely alien and spinechilling, rather than just coming off as some random hero with Outer God juice slapped on, but I'd say you pulled it off pretty well.

I do have some critiques on the sheet's technical merits though. For one thing Golden Rule is just for gathering wealth, not tapping Mana from leylines. It's fine to give him a unique variant, in fact it fits how he ruthlessly abused his very land for profits, but then you should note that instead of just giving him the generic Skill. Something like Golden Rule (Land) would make more sense for him.

Also, I'm not sure why you give him the Innocent Monster Skill only not to include any flavor-text for it, making somewhat of a mystery why he even has it or what effects it has. If it's just for how he's been altered by contracting with the Outer God I don't think a Skill like that is really necessary, since other Foreigners don't have it.

Lastly, this is a matter of personal taste but I'd rather his personality had a bit more in common with his original self (albeit twisted by Aletheia's influence) rather than being a generic crazy zealot. Like, Leopold in life was a guy obsessed with efficiency and profit above all else, who didn't care how much he hurt or sacrificed as long as he met his quota. Going with that, maybe Aletheia's corruption would lead him to regard Earth itself as simply "resources" that could be put to better use elsewhere. He'd want to give over the whole world to Aletheia believing the god could use it more "efficiently" than humans. So he'd still be fanatical, but more like a warped middle-manager helping his eldritch "CEO" obtain more assets, which I'd say fits his personality better.

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Leopold II: Damn, I'd heard of this guy before from a sheet NMR-3 wrote for him back in the old thread. Probably one of the few cases where even becoming the avatar of an Outer God couldn't make his personality tangibly worse, because the original guy was just that scumbaggy. I definitely think the Chaotic Neutral Alignment is too mild for him. Given his RL deeds, let alone Outer God stuff, I can't see him meriting anything less than Chaotic or Lawful Evil.

Moving on to the meat of the sheet, the fusion with Aletheia works quite well. I like how you referenced his worst deeds in real life (cutting off hands and imposing cruel quotas for harvesting rubber) for his Outer God form while also tying them into Aletheia's own traits. Definitely some good morbid imagery there, especially his first NP. For Foreigner sheets it can be hard to nail the vibe of something genuinely alien and spinechilling, rather than just coming off as some random hero with Outer God juice slapped on, but I'd say you pulled it off pretty well.

I do have some critiques on the sheet's technical merits though. For one thing Golden Rule is just for gathering wealth, not tapping Mana from leylines. It's fine to give him a unique variant, in fact it fits how he ruthlessly abused his very land for profits, but then you should note that instead of just giving him the generic Skill. Something like Golden Rule (Land) would make more sense for him.

Also, I'm not sure why you give him the Innocent Monster Skill only not to include any flavor-text for it, making somewhat of a mystery why he even has it or what effects it has. If it's just for how he's been altered by contracting with the Outer God I don't think a Skill like that is really necessary, since other Foreigners don't have it.

Lastly, this is a matter of personal taste but I'd rather his personality had a bit more in common with his original self (albeit twisted by Aletheia's influence) rather than being a generic crazy zealot. Like, Leopold in life was a guy obsessed with efficiency and profit above all else, who didn't care how much he hurt or sacrificed as long as he met his quota. Going with that, maybe Aletheia's corruption would lead him to regard Earth itself as simply "resources" that could be put to better use elsewhere. He'd want to give over the whole world to Aletheia believing the god could use it more "efficiently" than humans. So he'd still be fanatical, but more like a warped middle-manager helping his eldritch "CEO" obtain more assets, which I'd say fits his personality better.

thanks for the review again, and for noticing the innocent monster part, I copied and pasted it from another Rine of my sheets and forgot to add the flavor text so I’ll go back and add that now. As for the personality, ya I do agree with you that it’s a bland/it’s more focused on the aletheia aspect. At the point I was writing that I was starting to get a little drained but I’ll go back in and spice it up.

I'll have your heart! Hound of Ulster's Avatar
    Sorry I'm late for feedback. First of all, I wanted to thank everyone for the feedback so far!

Roland: Honestly, it's a little flat, and aside from the perviness (which was already pretty much established in canon) lacks a really memorable take on his legend. Maybe I'm just saying that because there's been so many Roland sheets already, so it's a little hard for one to stand out. I do have to say I like his unique Bravery variant and you went to the trouble of distinguishing his "use anything as a weapon" NP from Lancelot's in an interesting way. I also love the touch of his Mad Enhancement increasing as he takes off clothes. The idea of "getting stronger the more he strips" somehow reminds me of Mikisugi from Kill La Kill...

So, any thoughts on my Theiss?
    Thanks for the criticism! I do admit I wanted to write more fun interactions for the sheet, but I really didn't want to open Zero again I'm a bit bad at writing things like character interactions because I really don't think I'd get other canons quite right. That said, a lot of the sheet is bare because I did write it originally for a roleplay while having the intention to flesh him out as I go along, though I do admit I want to extend on the themes a bit more, so the criticism there is fair. That said, I did place a few references to Orlando Furioso in his abilities to more or less use that as a frame of reference. That said, the biggest challenge I had with Roland's skills was figuring out how to tie in Bravery since it's an important aspect of his character while at the same time being rendered useless with the presence of his Class Skill, so I'm glad that worked out!

Regarding his Mad Enhancement, I honestly just wanted a reason for Roland to strip without tying it to his true insanity skill too much.

As for Thiess, I think the first Noble Phantasm is cool! Not particularly the same direction I'd go, but it holds the sheet together quite nicely. The second Noble Phantasm is a really cool finishing attack and an interesting way of theming the "going to hell and back" bits of his legend, though it does feel a bit too game-y. Personally I think the skills could be more expressive of his legend's themes, but they serve as a fine enough basis for his themes. Overall a fun Monster of God (Dog) Berserker. Honestly your sheet has inspired me to play around with an idea of him as part of the Burial Agency, maybe in the far, far future...
    Quote Originally Posted by DecieverSupreme View Post
    Roland: I'm a total sucker for anything that resembles Knight of Honor. tfw we'll never see Summer Roland slaying monsters with a pool noodle.
    Honestly I had a bit of help with Paladin Possessor since it was hard to think of an alternative to Knight of Owner that isn't objectively worse. In the end, I settled with the idea of Paladin Possessor being "the miracles contained within Roland" rather than "the miracles contained within Durandal" and worked from there. It is very sad we're unlikely to get a Summer Roland, I do agree. That said, Berserker!Roland would definitely operate at near-max strength with just a speedo, so maybe with enough pool noodles, he'd be a good enough substitute? "Orlando" is already a very summer-y name.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper of Remnant View Post
    I honestly hope they keep the zaniness of Roland from both Astolfo's musings as well as the Italian poems. The inclusion of Mandricardo definitely has me hoping for that possibility. That said, I do think Roland would be his more heroic, Frankish self when classed as a Saber (unless he was summoned in Italy), though given what we know of the Paladins so far, it wouldn't be too far off from his Berserker counterpart aside from the clothes not being optional. I also agree with your sentiment on Berserkers and their abilities being more hindered by their madness. It's definitely apparent in canon (Heracles's weakest class is Berserker, after all), but for the most part, Mad Enhancement seems to serve less as a hindrance for the Servant and more for the Master forced to do the Kariya Shuffle.

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Author's notes
    I even feel embarrassed to post this sheet, since I don't think I can meet the quality of our latest entries hahaha. But really, I tried here...

Since I finished Narihira's sheet a couple days ago, I took the opportunity to try and get this done too, as they were both kinda abandoned in my folder because I lacked concrete ideas to keep going. I think I did alright all things considered, but hey, if you think I didn't I respect that opinion.
    As for the character herself, I tried to hunt for a FC that would be a parallel to Archer. Since he was defined by black and blue-ish hues, I wanted a white and red woman. (Other than that, she is terrible but then again you know the drill already.)

Thanks a lot for all the support, you guys!

(* The notes containing a ( ) and a number inside are collapsed text. I decided to do that instead of putting a bunch of reference notes in the end of the sheet).

“The poetess of love, surrounded by the affection of the gods―yes, it is indeed I, Ono no Komachi. Pleased to make your acquaintance,
    Master
    Goshujin-sama
    . Ahh… But, as I expected from the one who called forth to me, you exhibit quite the exquisite youth... Let me touch you, yes...?”

Ono no Komachi
    — Berserker of Heian —

Class: Berserker
    Other Classes: Caster
    Alignment: Lawful Evil
    Place of Origin: Japan

Height: 162 cm | 5'4''
    Weight: 51 kg | 112,4 lbs

Natural Enemy: Time
    Attribute: Man
    Traits: Humanoid, Servant, Demonic, Female, Weak to Enuma Elish

STRENGTH: E

ENDURANCE: D

AGILITY: E

MANA: B

LUCK: C

NOBLE PHANTASM: C

Class Skills

Mad Enhancement: EX

Although under the influence of Mad Enhancement, her thinking is decent and communication with the Master is perfectly established.

That being said, a Master would do good in having a Command Seal in their possession… Who knows who her next meal in order to keep her youthfulness could be, really...

Independent Action (Onibi): C-

Because she can obtain a certain amount of mana by preying on the energy of human beings by means of her ghost fire, she can extend her materialization in this world should the need for that arise. Though, precisely because she is a Berserker Servant, the cost/consumption ratio is quite the issue.

I
    Ono no Komachi is a famous Japanese waka poet and one of the six best waka poets of the early Heian period. She was noted as a rare beauty; “Komachi” is a symbol of a beautiful woman in Japan. She is also numbered as one of the Thirty-six Poetry Immortals.

She sometimes features in later period literature, but these works tend to focus solely on her talent for poetry and her love affairs. Her old age is also frequently portrayed: a time when she has finally lost her beauty and also has been abandoned by all her former lovers and admirers.

II
    Height/Weight: 167cm ∙ 52kg
    Source: Historical Fact, The Tales of Ise, The Tale of Heike
    Region: Japan
    Alignment: Lawful Evil

Her traditional appearance and composed personality betray a deep knowledge of today’s affairs. The first thing she will establish upon contracting with Master is the possession of a cellphone and the creation of an Instagram account.

III
    She is the earliest and best example of a passionate poetess in the Japanese arts, outshining her contemporary Ise and starting a tradition continued by Shikibu Izumi in a later age and Akiko Yosano in the modern one. She is also, perhaps, the most skilled user of kakekotoba (1)A rhetorical device used in the Japanese poetic form waka, where the phonetic reading of a grouping of kanji suggests several interpretations. The presentation of multiple meanings inherent in a single word allows the poet a fuller range of artistic expression with a small word-count. of her time, and the writer of some of the most intense and accessible poetry in the canon. The poetry itself shows her intense nature and helped to feed tales of her as a great beauty of her age.

Although her infant name was ultimately unknown, it is rumored she was born in the year of 820 as Imoko, daughter of a high official in the court of Emperor Ninmyo. But her dreams, her experiences of growing up, her first love… All of those are information lost to time, locked in her own heart, from where they will never leave.

Still, what is known is that she was a court beauty who was quite disdainful of her lovers. One of these was Fukakusa no Shousho, a captain that was warned that he would have to visit her every night for 100 nights before she would submit to his charms. The poetess’ beauty must indeed have been great for him to set about his task with determination and turned up each evening at her house in all weathers. Tragically, though, the strain proved too much and so he died on the 99th night, never to be mourned by her. But her most famous lover was definitely Ariwara no Narihira, a fellow Rokkasen… Though, truth to be told they weren’t exactly in love―rather, since they had similar natures, he was probably her only friend (with whom she also enjoyed casual relationships from time to time.)

Other legends concern the writer’s later life and hard times when, perhaps in comeuppance for her notoriously bad treatment of admirers, she lived to be 100, but roamed the streets ugly and dressed only in rags, the object of mockery from all who passed her.

――But little is known about which of the gods took pity on her disgusting figure and gave her the strength to become a
    Kijyou
    demoness
    , at last.

“The long rains falling
    Provoked you to consider
    Your mortality.
    Listening to the same rain
    Provokes me to think of mine.”

IV

Song of the Poet: A++

One of the front and center characters of classical Japanese poetry and the most influential poetess of her time. Not only her name is featured in the preface to Kokin Wakashu (2)An early anthology of waka poetry. It is an Imperial anthology published by order of Emperor Daigo in the year of 905. The compilers of the anthology were four court poets, led by Ki no Tsurayuki., but she is also one of the Six Poetic Geniuses (3)The Rokkasen were six Japanese poets of the mid-ninth century who were named by Ki no Tsurayuki in the preface to the poetry anthology Kokin Wakashu as notable poets of the generation before its compilers., and later, one of the Thirty-six Poetry Immortals. (4)The Sanjurokkasen are a group of Japanese poets of the Asuka, Nara, and Heian periods selected by Fujiwara no Kintou as exemplars of Japanese poetic ability. The oldest surviving collection of the 36 poets’ works is Nishi Honganji Sanjurokunin Kashu, published in 1113. Furthermore, naturally, her name is also in the top of the Thirty-six Immortal Poetesses. (5)A list composed in the Kamakura period that contains various notorious female poets, including Ise, Nakatsukasa and others. Sei Shonagon and Murasaki Shikibu are also featured in this list.

Moving words, indescribable feelings. By merely reciting words, she coats them with a special allure that can bring either passion or sadness to a person’s heart. At this point, it might even be considered a Kotodama-type of spell in its purest form.

“Visible colors and invisible passions
    Human hearts,
    And flowers
    They all fade from
    This world.”

Komachi-ei: EX

Although “Yamato Nadeshiko” is currently the name associated with the standard Japanese beauty of a lady, once upon a time it was known as “Komachi” in her honor. She was the template for every court lady to inspire themselves, from the way she behaved to the words she picked. For someone to be considered attractive in the Heian period they needed to be both refined, elegant, and sensitive; and they had to express that through poetry. Naturally, because of her charm came from her ability to feel and express those feelings in words, this Skill mixed that with the renowned, unparalleled beauty that made her the most well-known Rokkasen nowadays.

She is always physically and socially perfect, graceful and flawless, without anything that would make she look slightly unattractive. Furthermore, even if she can increase her appeal by apparel, action or choice of words, these are still simply details to enhance her natural appeal.

Incidentally, by being a perfect object of admiration, she could even make a complete stranger treat her like she is their closest friend in only a few minutes and be perfectly willing to help her in any way she needs, as if she is allowed to do and get anything she wishes―even being admired and loved for doing so. A curse of perfection―or rather, just as she desired, the crystallization of ultimate beauty.

Grace of the Ghost Fire: B

Words so powerful to enchant even Onibi, the evil ghost fire―it was only natural that they would be attracted to the intense longing contained in her poetry, a deep-seethed desire for an unchanging eternity that challenges every rational thought.

Ghost fire is always surrounding this Servant. One with too much curiosity in them might even feel inclined to touch them, as their light looks like that of a firefly, but it is recommended to not do so: living creatures that draw too close are swarmed by dozens of luminous orbs, which drain away the life force from their victims. Soon nothing is left but a dead husk on the ground. But she invites all, even her Master, to share her light: their boundless energy, their precious youthfulness――

――She wants that.

“By the way,
    Master
    Goshujin-sama
    , is it true that you can maintain your youth if you bathe in the blood of virgins…?”

V
    “Gold in your hand, blood in your wrist. A future touched by fingertips. Unavoidable sleeping time, a Raven flying higher than any Dove. Here it comes, the feast of Death.”

Light Conflagration Upon the Path of Dreams
    Tsurugi-no-Ushimairi

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 100m~130m
    Max. number of targets: 1

A passionate prayer that transformed a woman in a
    Kijyou
    demoness
    . The legends about her fate all tells the tale of a woman of ephemeral beauty in face of ageing, but what she does after is the subject of many literature pieces. A graceful lady of the court praying with evil in her heart transforming into a fearsome kijyo when the beauty of her youthfulness finally fades is the fate that awaited for her.

As a
    Kijyou
    demoness
    , she is connected to severing and separation, words that defined the longing in her poetry. By reciting words of maleficence and coating her own poetry with a heavy curse directed to a single target, severing emotional bonds between people, and under extreme cases, perhaps even severing someone from their own powers becomes possible. Of course, not everything is exactly negative when it comes to this ability: cutting off someone from their physical or mental imperfections is also perfectly acceptable, for example. Though, one should keep in mind that it is still a maleficium―

An ability that is deeply linked with the nature of a cursing-demon, a far-cry from her nostalgic days as a renowned poetess. Even then, as long as she maintains her physical beauty, in the end everything will be justified... Everything will be forgiven

VI
    Likes: Selfies, Cucumber face masks, Men with money, Looking herself in the mirror, Cats
    Dislikes: Makeup mistakes, Low heels, Not getting 8h of sleep, Sunlight, Alcohol

While she is a responsible and serious Servant, a Master will gradually learn that she can also be quite childish and short-tempered. She does not like to not get her way and will employ everything in her power to correct such mistakes―Berserker isn’t someone above playing dirty, basically. She is absolutely crazy about her health and will rope her Master and anyone close to her to run jogs and do yoga with her whenever possible. Furthermore, since she doesn't consider herself a good person, she naturally has a longing for true kindness that borders on obsession; and perhaps, that is the tragedy of her life: she constantly mistook those half-assed feelings others presented to her as something genuine, as the very thing that gave her life meaning, and thrived on the wrong incentives until her death.

A composed woman who abhors anything that makes her look unsightly, she may sound polite on the surface but what she says is actually rude when you stop and think about it. She can’t help but to sound at least condescending when it comes to her Master―after all, to her, this person is but a little sparkling jewel under her scorching light, the very sun. Still, she will treat her human with civility, as long as they always attend to her every whim.

Her way of showing love is always physical and provocative, as she is unable to process feelings in any other way. Perhaps that is why she took quite the interest in these customs of today’s world; they are indeed just as vapid and shallow as they used to be back in the day. “This enjo kousai situation is interesting, don’t you agree, Goshujin-sama? Perhaps we should hit the town and try that ourselves… Think of all the pampering we could gather for ourselves.”

A very high-maintenance girlfriend, indeed.

Relationships with other Servants
    Carmilla:
    “What is sinful about yearning for the everlasting? What is wrong with the comfort of bountiful youth? The world might never understand your plight, Blood-bathed Lady―it might never see what lies beyond the intoxicating scent of a lush cherry blossom flower―but I do.”

Murasaki Shikibu:
    “To find pleasure in solitude is but an alien concept for me, but you are not wrong. As long as we are searching for merriment… I can still sense a burning passion coming from you―someone for whom the feeling of sliding your fingers in a paper sheet is superior to the gentle touch of a thousand lovers.”

Sei Shonagon:
    “So cheery... This language you speak… And yet, you are bright like the sunrise, I like that in a lady. You must have been the light in your Mistress’ life, isn’t that right?”

Ariwara no Narihira:
    “Oh my, oh my, what a naughty child you are, Narihira-dono. Did you went and savored
    Master
    Goshujin-sama
    by yourself without waiting for me first...?”

Kijyou Koyo:
    “How bittersweet, the sight of the maple leaves tinged by the scarlet twilight――a betrayal that tastes like death, an eternal and painful remembrance... Such a heavy burden you must carry in your shoulders. May we find peace somewhere better, one day.”

Arthuria Pendragon:
    “Do you possess that what grants eternal youth? A marvelous scabbard? ―Ahh, care to share with me? I can pay handsomely with this body of mine.”

Leonardo DaVinci:
    “You chased after the ultimate perfection yourself as well, hm? Yes, yes, I do feel the same. We had different methods, but the end of our roads were the same. What a merry day, to find someone who can understand me in this place.”

Last edited by WhiteFrenzy; July 15th, 2020 at 10:18 PM.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

Ono no Komachi:
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFrenzy View Post
    I even feel embarrassed to post this sheet, since I don't think I can meet the quality of our latest entries hahaha.
    oh please, idk what you have to be embarrassed about this sheet is masterful. As usual, your use of the images from the game look amazing and really help to tie everything together. The way you describe both her and her skills/noble phantasm really make sense especially when combine in the way you did it. I really like how all of her skills related perfectly to her character, a defense down for her way with words, a love stun bc of her woman of the court status and finally the debuff skill in connection to her demonic side. As for the NP, you did a great job of making it relate to her background and feels like a np from the universe as it’s not a generic magical blast or strength power up but an NP that works just like her saying a poetic curse. Really good job thinking that one up!

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Saber of the Poetomachia

"I hope you'd forgive me, Master, but I barely know how to wield a sword! Ahaha, I suppose life always has a way of screwing over all of us, wouldn't you agree?"
    "..."
    "Ahem, w-well, if anything, I'm good at... spotting and making fun of cliches? If you ever need that for whatever reason. Maybe you want a commentator or a meta narrator or something. Whatever the case, just call if you ever need me. In the meantime, I'm heading off into the library to bury myself in shame! Once again, my sincerest apologies!"

Source

"Everything I did, most of the time, I did it purely out of spite. Afterwards, I'd pour salt over my enemies' wounds. Then I spite them further, just to be safe :D"

Class: Saber
    Other Classes: Caster

True Name: Ben Jonson
    Alignment: Neutral Evil
    Origin: Britain (16-17th Century)

Parameters:

STR: C
    END: D
    AGI: B
    MGI: C
    LCK: B
    NP: A

Likes: Theatrics, satire, comedies, well-executed plot twists
    Dislikes: Being on the receiving end of satire, poorly-done plot twists
    Talent: Satirization, poetry, writing
    Natural Enemy: William Shakespeare
    Armament: Sword, book, quill
    Catalyst: The original manuscript to his most famous play
    Class Skills
    Riding (E)

A Class Skill of Rider and Saber class Servants, denoting the ability to ride mounts and vehicles. Having no anecdote of riding any mount whatsoever, Saber only possesses this Skill at its bare minimum rank due to his Class container.

Magic Resistance (C)

Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. Cancel spells with a chant below two verses. Cannot defend against magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals.

Personal Skills
    Satirization (A)

Saber's greatest Skill as a literary Heroic Spirit. In life, Saber wrote numerous satirical plays as jabs to both his enemies as well as various social and political norms of the time. The ability to turn anything he observes into a mocking, sarcastic, even comedic imitation of itself. As a Skill, it gradually reduces the strength of any Noble Phantasm the longer Saber observes it. In maximum effect, legendary sacred swords would turn into flabby rubber swords, and laser beams would turn into harmless light shows. Of course, witnessing Noble Phantasms up close for long periods of time to increase the effectiveness of this skill without getting himself killed is a different challenge on its own.

Human Observation (A)

A technique to observe and understand people. At this level, it is not simply observing but the capacity to hypothesize about one's livelihoods and preferences, and even the lives of people whose name are unknown. This requires a tremendous memory that does not forget easily. Saber claims that his tremendous memory only stems from his desire to give payback to his enemies, to spite them in return after the shame they brought him. However, the truth runs deeper than that. Despite his constant pessimistic and sarcastic outlook on life, deep down, Saber is highly perceptive and understanding of his surroundings. This makes his words more sincere than anyone else's. In a way, perhaps this also means that Saber's actions aren't as purely motivated by spite and petty vengeance as he claims them to be... though he'd never admit such a thing.

Benefit of Clergy (C)

In life, Saber once killed a man in a sword duel, an act which qualified him for the class despite being a noncombatant poet and playwright. Afterwards, he was briefly imprisoned, and was supposed to be tried for murder when he invoked this law. The Benefit of Clergy was originally a provision by which clergymen could claim that they were outside the jurisdiction of the secular courts and be tried instead in an ecclesiastical court under canon law. Various reforms limited the scope of this legal arrangement to prevent its abuse, including branding of a thumb upon a first use, to limit number of invocations for some. Back then, Saber was only capable of invoking this law due to his Catholic faith. Through this, Saber was granted much leniency, allowing him to avoid a possible death sentence in exchange for having his thumb branded.

A Skill similar yet different compared to Protection of the Faith, Saber can invoke this Skill to evade or mitigate the outcome of his actions. In battle, this Skill takes the form of a formidable barrier that repels attacks directed at Saber. Even if a sufficiently powerful attack may destroy this barrier, its damage will be significantly reduced. That said, there are limits to what this Skill can do. As this barrier is a type of Divine Protection, attacks containing Anti-Divine properties may shatter it easier, and Catholic sacraments may bypass it entirely. Furthermore, Saber can only activate this Skill for up to ten minutes at a time before completely exhausting his mana reserves. For every minute the barrier is activated, one of Saber's fingers would turn black, akin to the "branding" system established to prevent the law's abuse.

Instinct (Story) (C/A)

The ability to instantly identify “the best personal course of action” during combat. A variation of the usual Instinct Skill, in Saber's case, this skill does not come from years of knightly training or anything of the sort. Instead, he simply views the battle as a "story" and predicts "where the story will go next" with pinpoint accuracy. While this Skill is roughly equivalent to low-ranked Instinct in battle, guiding his blade, it shines better outside battle, where it manifests as extreme genre-savviness. This allows Saber to predict his opponents' actions with borderline Clairvoyance-level accuracy. Combined with his Human Observation, this Skill makes Saber a formidable force to be reckoned with.

Noble Phantasm(s)
    Singular Path to Memetic Decay
    Comedy of Humours

Type: Anti-Unit/"Anti-Characterization"
    Range: 1-2
    Max Targets: 1 person

Throughout his life, Saber only had one anecdote of wielding a sword, namely during a duel he had with a certain uncooperative performer. Thus, there is no basis for the sword in itself to qualify as a Noble Phantasm. Instead, this sword is imbued with the essence of the Comedy of Humours, a genre of dramatic comedy that Saber had founded to rival Shakespeare's more famous genre of romantic comedy. This genre focuses on a character or range of characters, each of whom exhibits two or more overriding traits or 'humours' that dominates their personality, desires and conduct. Basically, every character in Saber's plays are introduced and fully established with a single defining characteristic that becomes the driving force behind all of their actions and interactions with others. In modern terms, there is a similar concept known as memetic mutation, where one aspect of a character is repeated and parodied endlessly. While it can be funny for some, the constant repetition may be grating, especially if it dilutes characterization to the point of no return, turning nuanced characters to one-note jokes.

A Noble Phantasm that utterly spits and stomps over the concept of nuance and character development, each strike of this sword undoes the target's character development, gradually reversing a Servant's characterization to that during their initial summoning. It does not cause memory loss. Instead, it simply creates a mentality of "X happened, but it doesn't affect me in any way", like viewing one's personal experiences through the point of view of a detached third person. It goes without saying, but it's only useful during extremely specific circumstances, such as robbing one's fighting spirit after they had recently regained it.

A second application of this Noble Phantasm allows Saber to bestow a
    rewrite
    curse
    upon his target, imposing them with the concept of "one-note characterization". Each strike of his sword imparts a curse similar to low-rank Mental Pollution and Innocent Monster which stacks overtime. This curse gradually amplifies one of aspect of the target's character to insane levels, to the point where that singular aspect becomes the target's sole defining characteristic, motivating each and every one of the target's actions, and in time, turning them into a mocking, pathetic caricature of their own self.

It's worth noting that this Noble Phantasm doesn't necessarily make the target weaker. Rather, it makes them predictable, which combined with Saber's Skills and general genre-savviness, might provide him with a path to victory. This Noble Phantasm's effects will fade away in 2-3 days after the final strike, possibly earlier if one possesses certain mental resistance Skills.

Description
    Saber's True Name is Ben Jonson, a British poet and playwright, a key figure during the War of the Theatres, as well as friend and rival to William Shakespeare.

Befitting of his reputation, Saber is a master of theatrics; the type of person capable of uttering both exaggerated laughter and seemingly heartfelt apologies without genuinely meaning either one of them. Perhaps due to his extensive genre-savviness, Saber maintains a constant "done with everything" attitude, quick to throw sarcastic and condescending remarks whenever others did not expect certain "developments" he anticipated ("What? You didn't see this one coming? I've seen these sorts of boring twists ages ago in Marston and Dekker's shitty plays, and even those idiots managed to pull it off better!"). That said, most of his annoying condescension are all said in good fun, and it's unlikely he actually meant any hostility in those words... most of the time.

Despite his somewhat narcissistic streak and mild superiority complex, Saber rarely goes out of his way to actively hate on others. He may claim that his actions are solely motivated by spite and petty vengeance, but that certainly does not seem to be the case, as he can offer genuine advice from time to time (although his bluntness and sharp tongue may cause misunderstandings). Perhaps he's really not as edgy as he claims to be... as long as he's not provoked. In such cases, he believes it's completely justified for him to resort to extremely petty, passive aggressive means to give payback to those who incurred his wrath. Normally, his "vengeance" takes the form of petty one-liners, or he'd cast parodies of his enemies in comically foolish roles within his plays. In battles where such things are impossible, he would gleefully draw out the battle, anticipating each of his enemies' moves while mocking and deconstructing their beliefs, pointing out each and every thing wrong with their beliefs with his sharp tongue.

While Saber acknowledges that his brazen attitude may be wrong sometimes, he couldn't deny that it served him well in life. It was through this attitude that he gained the motivation to surpass his rivals and earn his place as England's second most famous literary figure. Yet for all it's worth, he still couldn't surpass that man; his lifelong friend and rival, William Shakespeare himself. Even in Chaldea, the two can frequently be seen bickering on the nature of their works. Yet it was clear that the nature of their argument is less that of two hostile competitors and more like friendly old rivals with mutual respect towards each other.

Saber has no wish to the Grail. He wishes to surpass Shakespeare and become England's number one, but he knows that using the Grail to achieve that wish would take all the fun out of it. Thus, his wish is simply to orchestrate a grand play that surpasses all others, with Shakespeare and all his other rivals in attendance on the opening night. Saber dreams that the roaring sound of their thunderous applause at the end of his performance would cement him as England's greatest, once and for all.

Lore
    Benjamin Jonson (1572-1637) as an English playwright and poet, whose artistry exerted a lasting impact upon English poetry and stage comedy. He popularized the comedy of humours. He is best known for the satirical plays Every Man in His Humour (1598), Volpone, or The Fox (1606), The Alchemist (1610) and Bartholomew Fair (1614) and for his lyric and epigrammatic poetry. He is generally regarded as the second most important English dramatist, after William Shakespeare, during the reign of James I.

Jonson was a classically educated, well-read and cultured man of the English Renaissance with an appetite for controversy (personal and political, artistic and intellectual) whose cultural influence was of unparalleled breadth upon the playwrights and the poets of the Jacobean era (1603–1625) and of the Caroline era (1625–1642).

The son of a disgraced nobleman who had lost his property and died a few months before Jonson's birth, Jonson was able to pursue decent education in Westminster School thanks to a family friend willing to pay for his studies. He was supposed to continue his studies in the University of Cambridge, but he was unable to do so due to a forced apprenticeship under his bricklayer stepfather. He spent a few years as a bricklayer, but he never stopped looking for opportunities to escape this job. Eventually, he left for the Netherlands to serve the English regiments under Francis Vere in Flanders. It was here that Jonson reportedly engaged, fought and killed an enemy soldier in single combat, and took for trophies the weapons of the vanquished soldier.

Jonson began his theatre career soon after the end of his military service. He started out as an apprentice under more established playwrights such as Thomas Kyd and Philip Henslowe. During his apprenticeship, he wrote a number of tragedies on the side, but they were hardly successful. As a playwright, Jonson had his first big break on Every Man on His Humour (1598), a satirical comedy which established the Comedy of Humours genre, as well as Jonson's reputation as a dramatist. Jonson capitalized on this success by releasing a sequel to this play on the very next year, titled Every Man Out of His Humour (1599). This sequel was a big hit among the audience, further bringing Jonson's name into the spotlight.

Over the years, Jonson would continue to release numerous plays, drama, and poetry. He tried his hand once again in writing tragedy, but they never seemed to be successful. Instead, Jonson's talent shone the brightest in writing satirical comedies mocking various social and political events of the time. Unsurprisingly, the controversial nature of his plays had caused him a few brushes with the law. In 1597 a play which he co-wrote with Thomas Nashe, The Isle of Dogs, was suppressed after causing great offence. Arrest warrants for Jonson and Nashe were issued by Queen Elizabeth I's so-called interrogator, Richard Topcliffe. Jonson was jailed in Marshalsea Prison and charged with "Leude and mutynous behaviour", while Nashe managed to escape to Great Yarmouth. Two of the actors, Gabriel Spenser and Robert Shaw, were also imprisoned. A year later, Jonson was again briefly imprisoned, this time in Newgate Prison, for killing Gabriel Spenser in a sword duel on 22 September 1598 in Hogsden Fields (today part of Hoxton). Tried on a charge of manslaughter, Jonson pleaded guilty but was released by benefit of clergy, a legal ploy through which he gained leniency by reciting a brief bible verse (the neck-verse), forfeiting his 'goods and chattels' and being branded on his left thumb. While the cause of this duel was unknown, many seemed to believe that Spenser's death was well-deserved, citing the man's ill-tempered, violent, and uncooperative nature when questioned regarding Jonson's potential motives.

Between 1599 and 1602, Jonson got himself involved in the Poetomachia (War of the Theatres). As dramatic as that sounds, it's less of an actual "war" and more like a number of playwrights passive-aggressively throwing shades at each other in their plays. Because of an actual ban on satire in prose and verse publications in 1599 (the Bishops' Ban of 1599), the satirical urge had no other remaining outlet than the stage. The resulting controversy, which unfolded between 1599 and 1602, involved the playwright Ben Jonson on one side and his rivals John Marston and Thomas Dekker (with Thomas Middleton as an ancillary combatant) on the other. The role Shakespeare played in the conflict, if any, has long been a topic of dispute among scholars.

The "war" started on 1599, where John Marston satirized Jonson's self-righteous pride through a character in his play, Histriomastix. In response, Jonson satirized Marston's wordy writing style in Every Man Out of His Humour. Marston and Dekker worked together in the next play, Jack Drum's Entertainment (1600), depicting Jonson as a cuckold. This back-and-forth continued on until 1602, where the conflict gradually subsided. In 1605, Jonson and Marston worked together with George Chapman to write Eastward Hoe, a satirical comedy which offended King James due to the anti-Scottish satire it presented. While Marston evaded capture, Jonson and Chapman ended up briefly in jail as a result. Shakespeare vaguely referenced the War of the Theatres in a scene between Hamlet, Rosencrantz, and Guildenstern, referring it as an argument between three individuals which grew into a conflict between three
    theatre companies
    kingdoms

There are many legends about Jonson's rivalry with Shakespeare, some of which may be true. Historian Thomas Fuller related stories of Jonson and Shakespeare arguing in the Mermaid Tavern, a well-known gathering place of the time. Fuller imagines conversations in which Shakespeare would run rings around the more learned but more ponderous Jonson. Regardless of the nature of their relationship, it was clear that the two men shared mutual respect towards each other. It was said that Jonson helped to edit Shakespeare's First Folio, and Shakespeare's company adapted a number of Jonson's plays including Every Man in His Humour, which Shakespeare himself possibly acted in.

Jonson continued writing satire over the years, but his productivity began to decline in the 1620s when younger dramatists such as Robert Herrick, Richard Lovelace, and Sir John Suckling began to take the stage. That said, he remained a well-known figure, and many of these younger dramatists took lessons from him. Despite his declining fame and health, Jonson continued writing until his death on 1637. His death was mourned by London, and countless people attended his funeral.
    Relationships
    Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Antonio Salieri:
    "Ahaha, what can I say, I suppose some rivalries truly can transcend lifetimes! Like me and Will, or... you guys. That man in red does seem pretty intense over this whole thing, though."

Mephistopheles:
    "AHAHAHAHAH I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS! A-Ahem, pfft, my apologies, I wrote a play similar to your story back then, what was it called again... ah, yes. The Devil is an Ass. Pfft, my apologies, I know you're not a real devil per se, but you reminded me a lot of that one."

Altera:
    "Hey, Master... What kind of tryhard twist is this!? You're saying the Attila the Hun was actually an Alien holding the divine sword of a Roman deity!? Like, as much as I like plot twists, there had to be a limit on how much creative liberty you can put before it becomes outright absurd. Sigh... fact truly is stranger than fiction."

Odysseus, Paris, Zeus, Aphrodite, Demeter, many other Greek heroes:
    "...Really? Mechas? Seriously..? IS NO ONE GOING TO QUESTION THIS!?"
    "..."
    "A-Ahem. Welp. Screw this, I'm out."

Hans Christian Andersen:
    *The two spent an entire day brutally arguing and dissing each other on their first meeting. Afterwards, they silently shook hands with a look of complete understanding on their faces, like two brothers who had finally found each other*

William Shakespeare:
    "Will. Still addicted to those tragedies, I see."
    "The same with you and those comedies, Ben."
    "Heh, just you wait, these comedies will surpass your plays someday. I haven't given up just yet, you know!"
    "Ohoho, is that so? I look forward to it, then. Give me the front row seat to your performance in the opening night once you're ready."
    "Oh my, is that a challenge? Well, you can definitely count on it."

Creator's Notes
    Alternate titles:
    -Saber of TvTropes
    -Saber of memes

Another attempt at putting an actor/performer/writer under a class other than Caster. I wouldn't normally consider myself good with more conceptual NPs, but I feel this one turned out well enough.

Yes, this guy's NP is basically weaponized shitposting. He looks at FGO's GudaGuda particles and thinks he can do one better.

A demonstration of his NP's second application:
    Let's say the target is Zeus, wise King of gods, god of lightning, thunder, law, order, and justice. The sword throws all that complex, nuanced characterization out of the window and with each strike, rewrites his personality solely as "horny god who shags everything in sight". Thus, for the next few days, all of his actions will be motivated solely by that horniness, with no regard for anything else. Other specific applications of this NP involves locking Vlad out of his human reason by amplifying his vampire side, turning Okita into a tuberculosis joke with a much higher Weak Constitution proc rate, and emphasizing Caesar's money-grubbing schemes over his skills and wisdom as an accomplished general. Overall, I feel like this NP has some... interesting event potential if used in FGO.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ono no Komachi :an really good servant i must say ,you have no reason why to be embarased she is a good work and a interesting charackter though is her noblephantasm just a conceptual attack or has it also a sort of Transformation aspect like that she turns into a stunning demonic Beauty with some associated abbillities as Bonus ? i would be curious how she thinks of my Jimmu given his Status as fisrt Tenno and so on ?

and im curious how he mentality as Caster would be ? also can i see that she alongside with Royd Sappho and my Nefrosobek and some other servants like the Canon Murasaki Shikibu and Yu Miaoyi in chaldea a sort of intelectual women club.

and a Little hint my next servant will be a Mad but loveable King.

Ben jonson: an interesting idea and a good conceptual noblephantasm i would say im curious what he would do example wise with Arthoria or Gilles with the latter i could see that he could perhaps enhanc his remnants of the man he was .

Locusta :A that is the Locuta you mentioned ,interesting i can definetely see that behind the Scenes she and Agripinna could have fought at who has the Control over Nero ,thoughthere is a something lacking at her second noblephantasm like an visual example like her noblephantasm does look in Action . and i think your Right that the Magic Association and specially the branch which later became the Clocktower has start just as alliance of MAges and tjheir Clan structures and that just after the passing centuries the political component is gotten increasingly more important in any case i hope that perhaps in an Season two of El Melloi case filles or an other series we see and uncover the history of the Magic Association .
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Archer of the Power Triangle

Class: Archer (Saber, Rider, Grand-Counter force servant?)
    Alignment: Lawful / Neutral
    Dislikes: monarchs, not working out, the British
    Height: 6’7”
    Weight: 285
    Origin: History
    Region: France
    Catalyst: a seized British cannon from the American revolutionary war
    Talents: Military strategy, Artillery firing
    Armament: Cannon (slimmer in design than napoleon’s)
    Natural Enemy: The British
    Stats and Deck

STR: C+
    END: A
    AGI: C
    MAG: C
    LCK: A

Arts - Buster - Buster - Quick - Quick

Class and Personal Skills

Class Skills

Magic Resistance (C):
    A skill that denotes a Servant’s ability to resist or cancel magic. At this rank Archer is to cancel or reduce the effects of lower level thaumaturgy and lower rituals.
    Independent Action (A):
    A skill of the Archer class that allows a Servant to remain in the world even with the absence of a Master or a constant supply of mana. It is a double-edged sword for a Master as it allows them to use their mana for powerful spells and can ensure their Servant can continue fighting even when they have sustained injury. However it also makes them harder to control as the need for a Master is lessened, a Command Seal the only true way of commanding them.

Personal Skills

Counter Hero ~Game~ (EX):
    A skill given to a servant in recognition of their ability to prevent a certain outcome from happening. A signature skill of the Saver class, this skill imposes a rank down to all stats by one stage on enemies with the Heroic Spirit attribute. This variation of the skill also gives Archer a rank up in all stats lower than the enemy target’s by one stage.

A skill given to Archer not in recognition for any past event from his life but rather the interpretation of his true name in modern times. In recent years if someone where to mention his true name more often times then not the game of the same name comes to mind rather than Archer and his accomplishments. While there is no connection between the game and Archer other than their names, that name has become intertwined with each other throughout the years.

Hero of a Foreign Land (D):
    A skill possessed by Servants whose legend grew in the lands of a far away place rather than their home nation. This skill manifests itself as mana generating skill that strength lies in the ability to gain sufficient amounts of mana from leylines of nations not of the servant’s origin. Due to this servants with this skill will grow and appear stronger when summoned to a nation not of their origin. At this rank Archer is able to draw mana from the leylines enough to supply mana to keep him in physical form without the mana from a master for a couple hours.

A hero of the American Revolutionary War, Archer was a key figure in the reinforcements from France. The General of the French land forces, Archer would use his forces to help drive the British out of the thirteen colonies and forge an alliance with the newly formed American government. In recognition of his aide, many U.S. monuments and military armaments have been named after him cementing his name as a hero in a land not of his birth.

Fire Support ~ Cannon ~ (C-):
    A skill given to a Servant in recognition of their mastery of artillery. As a reality lay new advancement in history this skill provides a servant with long range techniques the ability to fire bullets or other forms artillery with even more destructive force. This variation of the skill allows Archer to fire Mana filled Cannon balls, allowing this form of artillery the ability to injure other servants. At its core this skill provides a strength increase to a Servants’s Noble Phantasm.

As thanks for his aid in the American Revolutionary War, The newly formed American government gifted Archer with two seized British Cannons. Archer would have these cannons requisitioned once he arrived back in France after the war.

Noble Phantasms

“Rock beats scissors, scissors beat paper and paper beats rock. Such is the power of equality. Let the weak rise and become the strong and the strong fall and become the week. All shall know the cycle of power. Ro-Sham-Bow

Ro-Sham-Bow
    What is Weak is also Strong
    Anti-Unit (Self) Noble Phantasm (A)
    Targets: 1
    Rock, paper, scissors. A game that many all around the world know how to play, for some it is even the first game they learn. The simplicity of the game allows for all to understand. One attribute beats another while it also loses to another. The idea behind this way of thinking is the power triangle, a system where everything is equal due to a system of checks and balances. While Archer himself has no relation to the game itself his name has become synonymous with the games name.

In the world of heroic spirits, the idea of a power triangle exists as well, with certain classes having strength over another while also being weak to others. When this noble phantasm is activated, Archer is able to do away with this system when applied to himself and then becomes extremely resistant to the other classes negating their class modifier and gaining a special boost enhancing his own modifier. This boost makes his attacks more effective vs every type of standard class. Howeve this skill does not affect the extra class Servants.

Background

Archer’s true name is that of the world famous children’s game Ro-Sham-Bo. For some reason this game was called by the throne of heroes as a servant of the counterforce. More likely than not, it was called due to the essence of the game allowing complete equality through its system of checks and balances. Within the game the three options are balanced out by always being in weaker or stronger towards the other two thus creating a system of equality. Due to a simple children’s game not having a human form, the throne of heroes called forth Jean-Baptiste Donatien de Vimeur, comte de Rochambeau, a French general of the same name to be the vessel for Ro-Sham-Bo’s summoning.

Archer is most well known for his involvement with the American revolution. During this war, he served as the general for the ground forces, fighting England and their red coats side by side with the American colonies. Archer wouldlater join up with general Washington to drive the British out of the colonies. In recognition for the aid he provided, the American government gifted two seized British cannons which were later requisitioned upon his arrival back to France.

A proponent of the freedom he helped fight for, Archer would later cast his support for freedom during the French Revolution, however when the crown called for his aid in battle he could not simply run away from his obligations and decided to help the side he so opposed. By the time the reign of terror began, Archer was arrested and tried for being a monarchist, fortunately he was able to escape the guillotine and went on to live out the rest of his days quietly.

Personality

Archer is a man of passion, throwing himself into whatever he does with the greatest forms of focus. Some would say that he is a man driven by cause. In life, he fell in love with the style of government that the Americans he helped would create, the idea of freedom from a monarch was a relatively new one and an idea that would quickly rise around the world bringing forth the new era of enlightenment. A proponent of this ideology, Archer is vehemently against the world or nations going back to the old system of governments and does not hesitate to engage in battle with someone with the title of “King”.

on the lighter sid elf things, One of Archer’s favorite hobbies is working out and staying in shape. Archer can often be found curling his cannons when not fighting or strategizing. If a master that has summoned him has kids, he will offer to give them piggy back rides and to use his body as a playground (still says things like this but does not mean them in a creepy way). If his master is on the scrawny side, he might try to pick them up and force them to workout with him. “A warrior should always be ready for a fight even when not necessary. Ahaha!” as he would retort back at his master should they resist.
    Last edited by Perry Ellis.; July 16th, 2020 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Added pseudo servant aspect

Blog Entries
    Jean-Baptiste Donatien de Vimeur: I'd actually never heard of the story that Roshambo came from his name, so this was fun to learn. As a whole though this sheet feels kind of weak. Something like having a game (very indirectly) named after you seems way too tenuous to have such a large impact on his abilities. I feel like if you have to reach that far to give him interesting abilities maybe he's not really worthy of being a Heroic Spirit after all.

Jean-Baptiste Donatien de Vimeur: I'd actually never heard of the story that Roshambo came from his name, so this was fun to learn. As a whole though this sheet feels kind of weak. Something like having a game (very indirectly) named after you seems way too tenuous to have such a large impact on his abilities. I feel like if you have to reach that far to give him interesting abilities maybe he's not really worthy of being a Heroic Spirit after all.
    Fair enough, personally I thought it was pretty clever to attach the game to his character but everyone has their own opinions. I thought of him as a being similar to voyager or Sasaki kojiro from stay night being the human concept of machine or a nameless samurai, albeit like you said it is definitely more of a stretch but I still thought it qualified. Other than the fact that you don’t agree he should be a heroic spirit what did you think about the sheet?

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I agree with Royd that the sheet feels like too much of a stretch. Maybe it could have worked a bit better if, instead of the guy receiving a power-up from being associated with Roshambo, it was the concept of Roshambo itself taking form as him. Something similar to a Pseudo-Servant, you know?

Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    I agree with Royd that the sheet feels like too much of a stretch. Maybe it could have worked a bit better if, instead of the guy receiving a power-up from being associated with Roshambo, it was the concept of Roshambo itself taking form as him. Something similar to a Pseudo-Servant, you know?
    I get what you mean, I was trying to go for that in the way the skills and noble phantasm were written but I guess I didn’t communicate that aspect of it very well. How would you have explained it differently? Just adding a section in the background about him being a pseudo servant or what? I haven’t written one before so just wondering for future reference