Page 96 of 620 FirstFirst ... 4686919495969798101106146196596 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 12385

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    So...I just discovered that this is a thing apparently. Now it's given me the idea for a perfect Servant.

But what do y'all think would be the signature Class Skill? I'm curious to hear opinions before I start writing. :O
    The only mention of the Gatekeeper in canon is saying it's the Class that Moby Dick would normally come out as, so my personal interpretation is that it's an Extra Class not meant for heroes, but for obstacles heroes (successfully or not) try to overcome. If I had to guess other Gatekeeper candidates, I'd say stuff like the Lernaean Hydra, the Behemoth, Fafnir, Ravana, Jormungardr, or Scylla.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    The only mention of the Gatekeeper in canon is saying it's the Class that Moby Dick would normally come out as, so my personal interpretation is that it's an Extra Class not meant for heroes, but for obstacles heroes (successfully or not) try to overcome. If I had to guess other Gatekeeper candidates, I'd say stuff like the Lernaean Hydra, the Behemoth, Fafnir, Ravana, Jormungardr, or Scylla.
    I also remember reading it was originally considered to be Gilgamesh's Class instead of Archer, but I don't know how that'd fit his legend.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    GoB?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    GoB?
    Didn't even occur to me since I was more thinking what Gatekeeper could mean in the metaphorical sense (somebody who stands stalwartly over a given place/concept and ensures no one can pass through) rather than a literal gate. But yeah, I guess that could've been the reason...

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh yeah, that was a thing. Fate/complete material II mentions that the initial plan for Gilgamesh was having him to have the irregular class Gatekeeper in order to build up a red herring that Gilgamesh was Shirou as a Servant. That's why the name Emiya means "keeper of the palace".

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 08:25 PM.

Blog Entries
    Come, Wayfarer.
    Your journey must have been tiresome.
    Have a bite of this sweet fruit.

O ye of no need for restraint.
    Ye deterred not by punishment or reward.
    Rejoice. For this Garden of Sinners shall be your eternal rest.

Thank you for summoning me, Master. You have truly sublime colors, the colors of a determinate soul. A stroke of divine color among overwhelming scenes. Like a seed sown among thorns. Verily, verily sublime.

I pray that your efforts shall bear fulfilling fruit of contentment, wayfarer.

The forbidden fruit was offered, but it was already rotten. The sinner eats it nonetheless. The seeds he vomited fell unto this world, and so these abominations grow and infest this Earth. These are the hateful weeds that we call vampires.

Fear not, Master. For even these ugly demons had also inspired my masterpieces, and I have seen and dealt with enough of them to fill hell itself.

Words are never enough. Men do not believe in mere words. So let them witness for themselves, the destination God has prepared for them, the promise of eternity, of pain or pleasure.

Such is what awaits in the world after. But special for you, there is no need to wait. For I have prepared the scenes of your eternal destination, for you to witness, taste, smell, hear and feel.

This city, no, this whole era--it has wonderful colors. These are the colors of sin. The unbridled transgressions committed as if men had forgotten the distinction between good and evil, they paint this world with the ink of misery the colors of joy.

So be it. The seed has been sown. The time for bountiful harvest has come. The Garden of Earthly Delights shall here be grown.

Class: Caster
    True Name: Hieronymus Bosch
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Origin: Historical Facts and Rumors
    Attribute: Man

The Renaissance painter born and operated in the town of Den Bosch, Netherlands. He is most famous for triptych paintings such The Garden of Earthly Delights that depicts a bizarre and bewildering vision of paradise, a sinful world, and hell.

Parameters:
    STR: E
    END: D
    AGI: C
    MGI: B+
    LCK: B
    NP: C

Class Skills:
    Item Creation: B+
    Specializes in creating icons that confers a sanctifying protection to allies. Also able to recreate low ranked simulacra relics for a limited time.

Territory Construction: B
    Creation of a Workshop becomes possible. Additionally, once his second Noble Phantasm is ready, the territory transforms into a “Garden”.

Personal Skills:
    Blessing of the Sacred Icon: B
    The blessing granted by the holy image of Virgin Mary that the Illustrious Brotherhood that Caster once led was formed around. The image seems to bestow Caster a connection to some higher power, granting him access to a certain Miracle, closer to sorcery than magecraft. In short, it is an advanced exorcism ability that enables him to imprison demons into his painted world.

Gardener of Sin and Virtue: A
    Humanity is a garden, a man a tree that bears either fruits of bitter virtue or sweet sin. So Caster proclaimed. An innate sorcery trait that Caster possessed, it is a skill that allows for the sowing and reaping of those fruits and incorporates them into Caster’s own paintings.

In addition, Caster is able to perceive the “color of the soul”, which allows him to distinguish a sinner from a saint, a vampire from a human, or even to see through one’s state of mind to a certain degree.

Noble Phantasms:
    Malus Malum
    Soul Canvas - Fruit of the Knowledge of Good and Evil
    Type: Anti-Unit
    A Noble Phantasm which utilizes Baptism Rites of the Holy Church and takes it one step further, a Baptism of Color that paints the soul itself. A designated Soul or Saint Graph is baptized, cleansed into a clean slate, and transformed into a canvas, upon which Caster freely paints upon it, in accordance with its contents, whether sins or virtues. The hideous form of humanity's deeds and desire is bare naked, allowing for body modification and enchantment, as well as conceptual endowment or even to inflict severe torment.

In addition, upon the completion of the "painting", it can be transformed into a fruit-shaped holy Icon. The sins or virtue, blessing or curse, from the previous soul can then be cultivated into either a monstrous or angelic being. Alternatively, it can be transported into someone else by eating the fruit.

Paradisus Paradoxum
    Painted World - Garden of Earthly Delights
    Type: Anti-Army
    The completed masterpiece. A fully cultivated Garden created after planting and painting countless seeds and fruits of sins and virtues into the landscape that is his own soul. In other words, a fully realized Reality Marble available after laboring upon the deeds of others, blossoming either as a world of endless torture or a realm of eternal bliss or even a hideous mixture of both. Because it is the recreation of a concept of heaven/hell, it also serves as a Netherworld.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wasnt it mentioned that Gilgamesh was once planned to be a Gatekeeper? The class itself is still obscure so I think to use as another iteration of Shielder in a sense of a protector is okay. Like Leonidas, the angel that guards the gate to Eden or to stretch the concept keepers of knowledge like librarians and stuff.

Anyways, Alter-Ego

It is funny that i just yesterday found a style how to present a Servant i am working on and you did that today in your sheet.
    The usage of alter-ego to assassin fits perfectly and it is really smart to use it that way. The concept prompts me to reiterate an older sheet of mine too.
    So cool and interesting sheet. One of the coolest ways to make an Alter-Ego sheet I've seen so far

Blog Entries
    wtf something wrong with the server of the forum? since few days i have connection issues and just saw that several posts werent shown to me.

Bosch: Ive been waiting for a nice sheet of that guy. His art is creepy and your depiction of him, including the FC, fits really well. Because he is an artist I wish you couldve added a painting of his in the NP to show the scene he envisioned.
    As usual, cool sheet. Do the forum a favor and make blog post with a list of your creations so far.

Blog Entries
    good point about the list, i'll see to it

- - - Updated - - -

oh and thank ye

Comun's interpretation vibes pretty well with me,
    it makes sense with watcher and gilgamesh.
    I'd even say that Vritra should qualify for Gatekeeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    So...I just discovered that this is a thing apparently. Now it's given me the idea for a perfect Servant.

But what do y'all think would be the signature Class Skill? I'm curious to hear opinions before I start writing. :O
    If I remember correctly, the Gatekeeper Class was originally going to be Gilgamesh’s Class before he was changed into an Archer. And as Comun said, it’s now relegated to the Class Moby Dick would qualify for. So combining those two ideas together, I would say the Gatekeeper Class is something of a guardian or obstacle, protecting something important and/or standing in the protagonist’s way to be removed and overcome.

That being said, I think the signature Class Skill could be something like as long as the Gatekeeper Servant is standing before whatever it is they’re guarding, or otherwise in the environment of their defense (say Moby Dick is in the ocean), they gain a boost to their stats in general. It could be called smth like Gate Guardian.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed by Fortuna View Post
    Could you send the link on that? I could be wrong, but aside from a certain image hinting at Watcher's Identity I don't think it has been officially stated yet (plus that would be a little strange in retrospect as the Whale from Moby Dick is referred to as a Male I think (as the whale it was based on was male), yet Watcher is referred to as a she. I suppose one possibility is with the Dweller Form Another Plain it may be we're talking about some lore that Mocha Dick (the name of the whale) in Nasuverse was something far more than an ordinary whale and possibly some Eldritch being (maybe from Lovecraft).

Considering that True Caster can kinda sense something watching her (and I think was the only servant able to notice Watcher at all), but doesn't know what and considering we know she knows about outer gods given he/she gave Gilles that book would make sense if Watcher was some kind of Outer God. Also don't quote me on this, but I think Moby Dick does claim at one point that sperm whales are actually Eldritch creatures that human minds can't understand, wouldn't be too out of left field to make the connection and could explain it's ability to observe everything in the city.
    On Watcher's standard Class being Gatekeeper:

Quote Originally Posted by OtherSideofSky View Post
    "Not exactly. Under the Fuyuki system, an Extra Class never replaces one of the three knights. Going by the remaining phases, the Servant meant to fight in the Holy Grail War must be Lancer. Only you, not the Heroic Spirit, will be that Lancer. What you called forth is a lookout, and an obstacle you must overcome to become Lancer while living."
    "I know what your words mean. I've slept and thought them over again since you told me this morning, but I can't accept that answer. A human becoming Lancer doesn't even make sense."
    Sigma dispassionately stated his opinion.
    "We never expected you to start with a nap, either. Well, it's this whole Grail War that doesn't make sense. If we manifested as a proper Extra Class — although it's odd to talk about an Extra Class being 'proper' — we'd probably manifest as 'Gatekeeper,'" the shadow replied in the form of the boy with the serpent staff.
    On Watcher being Moby Dick:

Quote Originally Posted by Watcher's profile
    真名:●●●・●●●●、あるいは●●●●●●●
    Letter count matching "Moby Dick, also known as Leviathan". Moby Dick being female is explained by her being Leviathan. Other hints include Watcher's appearance being a giant whale, Melt in FGO constantly playing coy about Leviathan's appearance and poorly trying to disguise it with the penguins, Waver's exposition in Fake 06 explaining Watcher's trials with how The Belly of the Whale is a part of The Hero's Journey. Also Kingprotea's Noble Phantasm explaining why Watcher can't be manifested with mass:

Quote Originally Posted by Kingprotea's mats translated by KingOfPadoru
    The Kingprotea limitedly summoned in Chaldea is always being 『pressured』.
    That’s the Counter Force of the world, and the limits of the material world that isn’t a cybernetic world.
    This Noble Phantasm temporarily gets rid of that 『pressure』.
    [...]
    It appears just like a white whale (Moby Dick), and rises while spilling the white seawater.
    Protea, who has become of a size that can’t be seen by humans with a sweeping view, simply, with one attack, using her limbs against the enemy, annihilates them.

Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 08:25 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I mean, Moby Dick is very directly compared to Kingprotea, whose gimmick is that she can grow infinitely in the Mooncell's virtual world, but can't in the physical world because the Counter Force's pressure is constantly warning her not to grow past a certain threshold. Her NP is using the Mooncell's virtual world as Reality Marble so she grow larger than what the physical world allows. So my interpretation has always been that Moby Dick/Leviathan can't be manifested with because it simply grew too large to exist at some point in time.

Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 08:26 PM.

Hieronymous Bosch: I audibly muttered an "Oh, shit" when I saw Caster's true name. Malus Malum is a terrifying NP, just as you'd expect from the man who painted the Garden of Earthly Delights. His eerie, detached nature, while providing some comfort, also adds to the terror of what he could do with his abilities. One last touch I'd like to comment upon is his encounters with vampires: it implies some very interesting things about his worldview, as well as hints at a wealth of experience with the supernatural that has helped shape him into who he is.

Blog Entries
    Servant Assassin:

Appearance:

Source

True Name: Timoclea

Alignment: Neutral Good

Alternate Class: Avenger

Armament: A sword inherited from her brother Theaganes. While Assassin is an untrained girl rather than a warrior, her Mystic Eyes (Fateweaver) Skill allows her to swing the blade with surprising skill against an opponent she hates, as if her strikes were carried out by some higher "fate" beyond her own will.

Strength- D+
    Agility- D
    Endurance- C
    Mana- D
    Luck- C+
    NP- D++

Personality
    Normally Assassin is a quiet and demure individual, adhering to traditional Greek ideals of femininity. However she occasionally shows hints of being more than that, having an orator's way with words and a cunning sharp intellect that belies her docile appearance. Though normally gentle and slow to anger, anyone foolish enough to genuinely trigger Assassin's ire will find not even the farthest ocean is enough to protect them from her grudge. With a serene smile that shows not even a drop of cruelty, she'll devote herself coldbloodedly to ensuring their ruin.

As she keeps smiling and acting normally while plotting her revenge, even the one whose wronged her might not realize anything's amiss until the dagger is at their throat. Thankfully, as mentioned Assassin isn't the type of woman who holds grudges easily. About the only thing that can awaken the "must kill" side in her is those who'd abuse or exploit innocent people beneath them, especially women. Upon seeing someone abuse a woman around her Assassin would first act polite and even flirty with the offender, before getting close enough to make sure they pay brutally.

While instinctively wary of kings and royal-type Servants, as she's aware of they often abuse their power while being blind to the sufferings of those beneath them, Assassin is willing to recognize those who display more honorable characteristics. In battle, Assassin has a firm sense of pride and would prefer death to surrender. Even acknowledging her rather weak status as a Servant, she would never back down from a fight when her pride is on the line, though Assassin would rather avoid a situation where she has to resort to direct combat in the first place.

As a hobby, Assassin also enjoys piling up rocks in her garden in artistic patterns. And when she does so, an odd, reminiscing smile graces her face, as if she were lost in a pleasant memory from long ago...

Assassin's wish on the Holy Grail is to ensure that no woman has to suffer the humiliation of rape ever again.

Dislikes: arrogant kings, lecherous men
    Talents: keeping a poker face, deferred vengeance
    Natural Enemy: Iskandar

Class Skills:

Presence Concealment- E
    A talent to cut off one's presence as a Heroic Spirit. At this rank Assassin can't truly block out her presence but merely "soften" it, making herself less noticeable. She'll easily melt into crowds and even when she's the only other person in the room it's easy for an unguarded individual to instinctively overlook Assassin, as if she couldn't possibly be a threat.

In return, as the level of concealment is weak to start with there's little in the way of a recognizable drop when Assassin prepares to attack.

Personal Skills:

Admonishment To The King Of Conquerors- B
    The sublimated anecdote where Assassin was brought before Alexander the Great to plead her case for killing the Thracian general who defiled her. Assassin held her own before the mighty king without showing any doubt or fear, unhesitantly declaring that she was a proud sister of Theban warriors and would choose death to submission. Impressed by this unassuming woman's strength of spirit Alexander ordered her crime forgiven and her family to be taken care of for the rest of her life.

That act of rebuking the man who'd go on to conquer much of the known world has been brought forth as one of Assassin's Personal Skills. Makes possible for Assassin to defy any "proof of authority" exerted upon her, including mind-dominating Magecraft and even the coercive power of a Command Seal, though this would greatly tax Assassin and can only be done once. Additionally she exudes a subtle form of Charisma towards those of royal blood, making her words seem more persuasive than they might otherwise be.

Mystic Eyes (Fateweaver)- E+
    A dormant power inherited through the priestesses in her family. The ability to visualize the "threads of fate" and forcibly alter・manipulate them. As she never discovered this gift in life, usage is limited that when Assassin resolves from the bottom of her heart to "kill someone", she obtains a subconscious insight into the best means towards realizing that objective. A thrown rock, a sword slash or even a single word uttered--- all are oriented towards ensuring the demise of the person she hates.

Perhaps, it was no coincidence the writer Plutarch likened her to a furious Clotho in the moment of her revenge.

Noble Phantasm
    Tafí Petrón Timoria
    Cast The Stones, Advent Of Judgment

Type: Anti-Unit

A Noble Phantasm crystallizing Assassin's brutal method of revenge against the man who raped her. According to legend after having his way with Assassin the general tried to sweet-talk her into revealing where her family's treasure was hidden, promising he'd spare her as his wife if she complied. Cunningly Assassin claimed she'd stashed some gold and silver in a dry well at the edge of her estate. When the man went out in the dark to look Assassin shoved him into the well. Then, she hurled stones down on top of him until he died.

That act of vengeance has been given form in Assassin's Noble Phantasm. Following the true name release Assassin generates a Bounded Field recreating the "well" around her opponent that immobilizes them in place. Further pressure is then added in the form of spiritual "stones" manifesting to press down upon the target.

This weight scales with the number of crimes they've committed towards women over the course of their life. If the opponent has no anecdotes of abusing・mistreating the opposite sex this is only a mild pressure, while every woman they've harmed equates an additional weight, eventually crushing the target into the ground. A brutal death worthy of a defiled woman's spite.

A Strength or Agility check is needed to break out of the Bounded Field once trapped, while Endurance decides one's ability to withstand the "judgment" itself.

So this is probably the last sheet I'll be posting up here in a while. I just came across her on the Rejected Princesses site and thought she'd make a cool choice for a Heroic Spirit. A woman ballsy enough that freaking Alexander the Great had to respect her, even though she killed one of his generals. As usual any comments and critiques would be appreciated. Thanks for reading y'all!
    Last edited by RoydGolden; April 30th, 2023 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Fleshed out NP flavor-text

Blog Entries
    her hobby turns out pretty scary when you read her NP.
    Her NP is what i like the most. Conceptual punishment related to her anecdote done right.
    Strange to see only 2 personal skills. For fun i wouldve thrown in Throwing (Stones) as a skill, like the one Hassan skill.
    Why would iskandar be her natural enemy tho? He showed her respect and cared for her family.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    her hobby turns out pretty scary when you read her NP.
    Her NP is what i like the most. Conceptual punishment related to her anecdote done right.
    Strange to see only 2 personal skills. For fun i wouldve thrown in Throwing (Stones) as a skill, like the one Hassan skill.
    Why would iskandar be her natural enemy tho? He showed her respect and cared for her family.
    Yeah, that hobby was meant to be the sort of thing that seems innocuous at first but turns creepy when you find out her legend. Glad you liked her NP. I see what you mean about having only two Personal Skills, but her legend just isn't big enough to justify more IMO. I considered a stone-throwing Skill, but it seemed too cheesy and I already folded that aspect in her NP (BTW I see what you did there with that "thrown in" pun). Besides a bunch of Servants in canon, even famous ones like Medea and Spartacus, had only one or two Personal Skills. It's mainly GO that introduced the idea of every Servant having at least 2~3 Skills.

To address your last question, Natural Enemy isn't just for people the Servant hates. It can also be someone they'd have a hard time fighting, or a natural rival (for instance, Caules' Natural Enemy is his sister). In Timoclea's case it's because she recognizes Iskandar as a "worthy opponent" of sorts and she's one of the few women he truly respected. On the other hand, there is certainly still some lingering resentment on her part, since Iskandar is still responsible for the conquest that lead to her rape even if he didn't play a personal part in it. So I figured it was fitting for him to be her Natural Enemy.