48aa64d7a408e680a68da5d7c5c28805.jpg
    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/350084571007256505/ Image Source
    https://www.pinterest.com/helenkaretnikov/ Image Author

Characteristics
    Height / Weight: 177 cm, 82 kg
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Home: Ireland
    Origin: Fenian Cycle
    Equipment: His sword (a Xiphos style blade with a leather covered handle and sheath, the blade itself is colored dull green with lines of brown patterned across it like rust), his spear (a basic metal spear roughly his height)

Personal Information
    Identity: Caílte Mac Rónáin
    Attribute: Earth
    Dislikes: Needless cruelty, destroying nature, consumerism
    Talents: Playing music, telling stories, writing, befriending animals
    Natural Enemy:
    That Man (light spoiler warning for Shimousa Province and beyond)Ashiya Dōman, Gilles de Rais, A certain fox (spoiler warning for 3rd lostbelt and beyond)Tamamo Vitch

Lore
    Nephew to Fionn, and one of the writers of the Fenian cycle as well as a central character within it. He is loved by and later reunited with Scathniamh after parting with her to be part of the Fianna, yet he never forgot nor ceased to wait for her. Extolled as being talented even among the ranks of the Fianna and renowned for his agility, he remained as one of the last two members after the battle of Gebhra. History has no evidence what became of Saber after meeting Saint Patrick and telling of his tales, perhaps reunited with his love, and with nothing to bind him to Ireland anymore, he left for the realm of the Fae with Scathniamh.

Personality
    A man who despite living and growing among men, understands the nature and heart of the fey. In such a way if he were presented with a case of a fey kidnapping a man and asked for his aid, although he would not fail to uphold his duty he would merely smile and perhaps let out a chuckle at the spirit’s antics, for he knows such is their nature. In this way he is one who stands against the fey, yet also holds no resentment towards them. As a warrior, he is steadfast and determined, seeing a task through, yet always maintaining a sense of grace and nobility. With great speed and power he would bound through the forest, both blade and animal chasing down his foes in tandem. If faced with evil, although his brow may furrow, and his expression may harden, it would be a rare sight for him to truly admit hatred of a foe. Even when faced with those like Fionn or Diarmuid, whose acts brought ruin to the knights of Fianna, he would smile and immerse himself in memories of times gone by. Although it can be said that he doesn’t despise the passage of time or the course taken by humanity and the world, if forced to dwell on the distance between Nature and Man, between fantasy and science, or even between his home and Ireland, a somber silence may fill the room. A man filled with an understanding and talent as a man, yet a love for nature, a man trapped in a moment where fantasy and men stood side by side.

Relationships
    Evil Earth attribute servants: I see, do as you must, but be warned, If asked I may have to step in.
    Merlin / Medb: Then, you choose this path at the crossroads? Very well, do as you wish, but please limit the trouble you cause.
    The Knights of the Round / The Paladins of Charlemagne: (Smiles fondly and begins to play a tune).
    Bedivere: (frowns) Wait, that Arm, is it my lord's forefathers? No, it couldn’t be.
    Tristan / Lancelot: Diarmuid, is that you? Have you fallen for the Fae’s tricks?
    Knights of Fianna: My brothers, no there is no need for concern, regardless of my affairs, I stand with you.
    Sakamoto Ryoma: Odd, we stand so far removed, and yet, that spirit, that righteousness … it seems familiar.
    Consort Yu / Enkidu: (Smiles) Honored spirits of Gaia.
    Cú Chulainn: Ah, Lugh’s divine child. Indeed, he shines with all the radiance of his father.
    Scáthach: (awed) Such power … how? Is it greater than the Dagda? Could this power rival Balor's own?
    Other spirits aligned with nature: (smiles fondly)
    Tam Lin: (smiles) Ah, I see now. You also have attained their love.

Parameters:
    Strength – B
    Endurance – C
    Agility – A+
    Mana – C
    Luck – A
    Noble Phantasm – B+

Class Skills
    Magic resistance [C]- Cancels spells less than 2 verses, offers no protection from high thaumaturgy and greater rituals.
    Riding [B+]- Most vehicles and animals are able to be ridden with above average skill. However, due to his animal dialogue even the likes of monstrous and even perhaps weak phantasmal beasts can be ridden to some degree.

Personal Skills
    [B]Affection of the Goddess - A skill representing the blessing granted by Scathniamh as her lover. Because of this blessing and the gifts from her, he was granted the skills of animal dialogue of a high rank and a boost in his agility and luck parameters.
    Animal Dialogue [B+]- A skill which determines the ability to communicate with animals, due to having been taught this skill by his love Scathniamh, who descends from Dagda this exists at a high rank. It is noted that despite it’s rank he is able to give orders which despite not being absolute compel the creature to obey (this is much weaker against monstrous beasts, and against anything above that level is pretty much useless in combat (although with a command seal it may briefly stun a phantasmal beast)).
    [B]Song of the Fianna - A unique skill which acts as a combination of Harp of healing and Storyteller skills, using this skill Saber regales his cohorts and enemies of the tales of the knights of Fianna while playing on a harp, lyre, or a lute. In function the song alone acts as a form of mental interference against beasts, where they suffer a rank down in strength, and may be stunned briefly. When used alongside one’s allies it weakens or breaks mental interference they may be under and acts as a form of charisma, significantly boosting morale among the group.
    Beast killer [C]- When fighting against beasts he can launch a maneuver where he uses his instrument to distract and stun foes before using his sword or impaling a group by tossing his spear at them.

Noble Phantasm
    Cruadh-Chosgarach, The armor breaking blade – B+
    In preparation for his marriage to his granddaughter Dagda enchanted a weapon to serve Saber in his quests and as a symbol of their marriage for all whom would gaze upon it. Enchanted to be able to “strike foes with the great strength of the Dagda” it holds the ability to deal increased damage against armored foes, in most cases, save a few, this scales to how tough the armor is. As such it, it can be considered a “fixed damage weapon” which against enchantments, barriers, and/or armor will become strong enough to tear through them without fail. In function, if the foes has a barrier which boosts their defense by 50 and their base defense is 100, and the sword deals a damage of 70 normally, then the blade will boost it’s attack by 50 in order to perfectly counter the barrier and then deal 70 damage against the enemy. This enchantment will fail in two specific cases, it doesn’t work against barriers which have "infinite strength” (Avalon, God Hand) or are ephemeral in nature (reality marbles and similar phenomena). When used he amount of mana needed for this weapon increases based on the strength of the barrier or armor it must overcome. As such it can range from fairly light to absurdly costly (destroying the likes of Blood Fort Andromeda or Rho Aias) in energy cost. Due to how the weapon functions the best means of survival of this weapon is either staying away from it, being tough enough to survive the attack, healing or regenerating from the harm dealt, or a mechanism by which the the foe can revive himself if they perish (Thrice setting sun, God Hand, etc). In one way it could be said as fitting that the Celts, who seldom wore armor in battle, would possess such a weapon as a counter towards armored foes.
    Anti-Unit
    1 person

So, I always wanted to draw up a thread of Caílte, especially after I realized just how little love there is for him. I will admit he doesn't have the most fleshed out role or story in history of the Fianna, but he does have a sword which specifically has a name (an obvious choice for a noble phantasm), a few skills which are named dropped, has enough of a backstory that I could craft a servant page around him, and fits in well with the Nasuverse lore pretty nicely (in my opinion).

I additionally plan to potentially get out another servant that I've been jazzed about, as despite having a potentially major role in the development of Fate:Stay Night (if conjecture is right), has had as far as I can tell no official role in the entire series and if not any, then very few servant sheets anywhere. As for a hint, blades. Till then, feel free to leave any feedback, either good or bad and I try to get back to you on it.

Blog Entries
    Cailte Mayy Ronain :Hm quite good sheet i must say albeit my Knowledge About the Celtic respectiv Britain legends is not big .im curious how he would find my Jimmu ?
    When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

The King of Cinders Cursed by Fortuna's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My apologies with my delay in replying, I was a little busy this afternoon. With regards to Jimmu & Caílte, I think personally that at an intellectual level Caílte would understand Jimmu's mentality, the sort of give and take "they struck first" is something that nature and creatures like the fae (in addition to humanity) are quite guilty of and he knows this. However, I think the line would eventually be drawn if it came to a matter of dealing with America, I think Caílte would struggle with the idea since, he knows full well that while a ruler may want the best for his people and he would likely sympathize with Jimmu (especially since much like an Avenger Jimmmu is forced to recall and know everything Japan has suffered through and thus almost certainly as a ruler of his country cannot forget America's acts), the fact of the matter is that in Caílte's eyes he wants to punish people for a conflict most of them aren't even alive to remember, much less take part in. In Caílte's mind, Jimmu would essentially be setting a field on fire to get rid of a few weeds. The fact of the extremes Jimmu may go to (if he really wants to fully repay America for everything in WW2 nukes may be involved (or maybe he would just use the Grail to wish a history where America suffered exactly like Japan)) and the sheer amount of damage that would do to not just America (ignoring the possible greater reproductions globally), but also the fact that doing so may not exactly be ideal for Japan either (Japan and America sort of have a trade agreement and such which ironically would hurt Japan if Jimmu attacked them) and Caílte would oppose him, even if he would likely get killed in doing so.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

FC Link
    Alternate Classes: Caster
    True Name: Johannes Liechtenauer
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Origin: Germany (14th century)
    Armament: Sword

Parameters:
    STR: B
    END: C
    AGI: B+
    MANA: D
    LUCK: A
    NP: C

Skills
    Class Skills

Magic Resistance - Rank C: Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether.
    Cancel spells with a chant below two verses. Cannot defend against magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals. Saber’s rank of Magic Resistance is rather high considering the time period he hails from, though he himself does not know the reason behind this.

Riding - Rank B: A Class Skill of Rider and Saber class Servants, denoting the ability to ride mounts and vehicles. Rider-class Servants will typically possess a high rank. It is said that dragon type mounts are an exception, requiring a different ability other than Riding.
    Most vehicles and animals can be handled with above average skill, even vehicles that did not exist in the time period one was alive in, for they are no exception. However, cannot ride the likes of Phantasmal Species such as Monstrous Beasts. In his instruction, Saber goes on at length on the specifics of mounted fencing, and as such he possesses a high amount of skill in Riding.

Personal Skills

Eternal Arms Mastery - Rank B: A Skill that prevents degradation of fighting skills when under the effect of mental hindrance.
    Saber was the most skilled fencer of his era, having fully learned a wide variety of traditions. Even centuries past his death, he was seen as an unparalleled legend. Fighting skill is not reduced when under the effects of mental hindrance, though effects that destroy one’s reason entirely still function as normal.

Eye of the Mind (True) - Rank B+: A heightened capacity for observation, refined through training, discipline and experience. A danger-avoidance ability that utilizes the intelligence collected up to the current time as the basis in order to predict the opponent’s activity and change the current situation. This is not a result of talent, but an overwhelming amount of combat experience.
    Capable of accurately gauging a combat situation. Also provides additional insight into an opponent’s abilities before the first strike is executed. So long there is even a 1% chance of a comeback, this ability greatly improves the chances of winning.

Knowledge and Respect of Harmony - Rank D: A special ability that prevents the reduction of accuracy regardless of how many times the same technique has been used on the same foe. In other words, the ability to “render one’s attacks unreadable to the enemy”.
    Seeing through Saber’s attacks is exceedingly difficult. However, someone with keen enough insight can be able to glean the form of his attack. How Saber came by such an Eastern tradition is a mystery.

Noble Phantasms
    Flame-Hearted Epitome
    Fechtens Zettel

Anti-Unit, Rank C+
    The ultimate expression of Saber’s art. Fechtens Zettel is the culmination of Saber’s passion for swordsmanship, being a single strike that embodies the principles that he outlined. Taking the shortest and most direct line of attack, Saber takes the offensive with a simple hewing strike.
    Perhaps ignited by Saber’s passion, his blade becomes covered in flames when Fechtens Zettel is activated. As the flames obscure the sword and its movements, Saber makes his move. Perfectly gauging the distance and angle of his strike, he swings his sword at the enemy. In essence, it is executed as a “perfect strike” akin to an automatic critical hit. The precise form of the attack is concealed from the enemy, but presumably varies depending on the situation and the opponent.
    Incidentally, as it is simply an application of what Saber already practices in combat, Fechtens Zettel has a notably low cost in magical energy.

Description
    Dislikes: Fighting without technique, unnecessary flourishes
    Talents: All kinds of martial arts, directness
    Natural Enemy: Charlemagne

Saber’s true identity is Johannes Liechtenauer, the High Master of German Fencing.

A steadfast master with a passion for the sword. Liechtenauer is a silent man with an intense look. Having no time for those without an interest in swordsmanship, he wields his weapon as an exemplar of fencing. When he speaks, his words cut like a blade, direct and to the point.
    Despite his somber nature, Liechtenauer has a heroic personality. He always conducts himself properly, though he does not deem trickery and subterfuge in combat to be a dishonour.
    Liechtenauer respects his fellow warriors and those that pursued the art of combat. As long as a Heroic Spirit possessed dedication in life, he will treat them as an equal. Naturally, he dislikes Servants that have lost their skill or never had any to begin with. He has no particular opinion on morality, but believes that those who would call themselves heroes should uphold heroic ideals.
    Liechtenauer has no compunctions about serving a Master, and will apply himself to his task with diligence. If his Master is willing and able to learn, however, he would be delighted to teach them what he knows of swordsmanship.
    Liechtenauer’s sole wish is to continue the development of his technique. As the Holy Grail War, being the battlefield of legendary warriors, is an ideal place for this, his wish is basically fulfilled at the moment of summoning.

Lore
    The only existing note on Johannes Liechtenauer’s life is as follows:
    Master Liechtenauer learnt and
    mastered the Art in a thorough and rightful way, but he did
    not invent and put together this Art (as was just stated).
    Instead, he traveled and searched many countries with the will
    of learning and mastering this rightful and true Art
    "
    His teachings were preserved by his students in the form of a mnemonic poem, which later gained fame in German fencing circles. Due to this, Liechtenauer is seen as a great master of the German school of fencing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed by Fortuna View Post
    My apologies with my delay in replying, I was a little busy this afternoon. With regards to Jimmu & Caílte, I think personally that at an intellectual level Caílte would understand Jimmu's mentality, the sort of give and take "they struck first" is something that nature and creatures like the fae (in addition to humanity) are quite guilty of and he knows this. However, I think the line would eventually be drawn if it came to a matter of dealing with America, I think Caílte would struggle with the idea since, he knows full well that while a ruler may want the best for his people and he would likely sympathize with Jimmu (especially since much like an Avenger Jimmmu is forced to recall and know everything Japan has suffered through and thus almost certainly as a ruler of his country cannot forget America's acts), the fact of the matter is that in Caílte's eyes he wants to punish people for a conflict most of them aren't even alive to remember, much less take part in. In Caílte's mind, Jimmu would essentially be setting a field on fire to get rid of a few weeds. The fact of the extremes Jimmu may go to (if he really wants to fully repay America for everything in WW2 nukes may be involved (or maybe he would just use the Grail to wish a history where America suffered exactly like Japan)) and the sheer amount of damage that would do to not just America (ignoring the possible greater reproductions globally), but also the fact that doing so may not exactly be ideal for Japan either (Japan and America sort of have a trade agreement and such which ironically would hurt Japan if Jimmu attacked them) and Caílte would oppose him, even if he would likely get killed in doing so.
    Thank you for your elaborated answer ,am i guessing Right that you will show us in the future even more Celtic servants ? and please tell me how Cailte would find m y Hel and Fenrir as they are one of my servants that are the nearest with the Celtics somewhat. ? if i later would like to make some Celtic servants could i ask you for some starting Points then ? and i forgot >Be Heartly welcomed in our round !

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting Shiki if i understand it Right it that you draw from that less info an servant profile of Liechtenauer ,not bad respect !

please could you look at my Thales and tell me your oppinion ?

Blog Entries
    No problem Koga.

How Caílte would react to Hel/Hela personally I guess it would depend a lot on who exactly she was targeting and why. Most of what we know about the Norse pantheon as I recall either comes from a Christian who wrote stuff down (and may have taken great liberties to try and express or translate concepts which the rest of Christianity may find foreign or hard to understand) or from Germanic sources which may or may not be questionably accurate. In the case of beings like Loki or Thor he wouldn't bother as debatably both are acceptable targets (personally I take the view on Thor expressed in God of war 2018, where most of the times he was a violent destructive berserker who killed a lot of people and was not really anything to consider stellar, he was a great warrior, but arguably he had little to nothing in the way of honor (although I am not fully aware of the myths so I may be misreading or unaware of facts about his character). Arguably if you were talking about Odin, he's even worse than Thor in some respects, as I think it was either him or Thor who started the whole Aesir Vanir war (may be wrong on that), he turned one of Loki's kids into his steed, and his mad quest for knoweledge and more power may have arguably set Loki up to want to kill him. In many myths (Sigurd) Odin actively does very excessively cruel things (almost everything around Brynhildr was due to the fact that she let a warrior he wanted to lose win a fight against a warrior he favored (if I recall correctly)) and he spoilerskilled Sigmund (Sigurd's father) and broke Gram (which ironically enough he put in the middle of a feast hall and lead to a chain of events which caused spoilersSigmund's father and family to die). So Odin gave Gram to Sigmund by proxy, ruined his life doing so, broke it, then cursed Brynhildr, and had her ruin Sigurd's life. Oh and the kicker the treasure hoard of Fafnir, the one which helped ruin Sigurd/Seigfired's life, guess why he had it? spoilersTurns out Loki and Odin killed this dwarf who was Fafnir's brother and they gave him the treasure as recompense fro their crime. At this point I wonder if Andvari (who owned the ring which caused Fafnir to go mad] was just a disguise of Odin. TLDR Caílte would pity Hel and what happened to her, but if she decided to start targeting people he didn't consider acceptable targets or killing her master for frivolous reasons, much less involving innocent people (like Medea), he would stand against her (and be disappointed in her choosing to act much like the very men who ruined her life).However, Caílte would also not be happy in having to hurt or kill her, this is because (assuming cannon compliance), divine spirits are said that despite their vast power unless they do something like have their fundamental origins or nature altered (their spiritual origin), or take a vessel with a powerful will of their own (Ishtar and Rin as an example) they can only develop one personality and it stays that way presumably forever.

With Fenris, Caílte would definitely get along with him and so of see himself as potentially an older brother figure, and I could even see the two just chilling enjoying the wild and nature, maybe having fun seeing who was a better hunter. But if they came to a fight Caílte would be reluctant to fight fight Fenris, but if he went into his Final Form and lost control or was forced into that state he would try anything to help him (from killing his master to trying to sever the bond and force Lancer to return to his normal state from a lack of energy) to having his master use a command seal to empower the Song of the Fianna and his animal Dialogue skill to try and get him back to normal). But if Caílte did have to kill him and survived I can say for certain he would not take it well, and would certainly write a poem or song and do his best to ensure his true self in the throne somehow would recall the event. But if he found out someone was involved in ensuring Fenris suffered or died, well he would go full berserker on the person involved and much Like Arcueid and Roa would hunt them to the ends of the earth (since the matter would be so deeply and personally against what he stands for I'm fairly confident that even if you used command seals it wouldn't help stop him as his Spirit Origin would sooner implode or destroy itself than let someone who was that cruel and evil go unpunished).
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; May 14th, 2020 at 07:57 PM.

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Liechtenauer: At this point it shouldn't strike as a surprise that you made another solid sheet from an obscure character. I have my doubts about Knowledge of Respect and Harmony though, since its only users in canon are Japanese and it feels like a Japanese-only skill, at least from my point of view. Maybe Instinct or a similar new skill would be better?

Blog Entries
    Oh and I nearly forgot Koga, I am considering doing a post on Feridad (I do have a trick or two to make his thread maybe a bit more interesting). But first I want to finish off working on the current Servant (I still have to iron out his personality and give a good image (maybe also do a bit of tweaking regarding his skills and noble phantasms)), but after that I will probably do Feridad next.

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    Liechtenauer: At this point it shouldn't strike as a surprise that you made another solid sheet from an obscure character. I have my doubts about Knowledge of Respect and Harmony though, since its only users in canon are Japanese and it feels like a Japanese-only skill, at least from my point of view. Maybe Instinct or a similar new skill would be better?
    I mean, the has even been referred to as simply "Knowledge of Shōwa", so I think it is safe to say that it is Japanese exclusive.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

Blog Entries
    Well Just because it may be Japanese in origin doesn't strictly mean it has to be on a Japanese servant, for example the Aiming skill the William tell uses is said that "This is said to be related to the spirituality of archery that appears in Orient" in the Typemoon wiki. In addition I'm not exactly sure on the mechanics of How Knowledge of the Sowa works technically (I know what the effect is, I'm not sure how that effect is achieved (ie. Is it just a mystery or is based in pure martial arts skill)). But if I can speculate then maybe the way it works is something like this, a lot of martial arts revolves around knowing stances / katas and being able to react to or predict what your foe is doing and then fluidly move between stances to counter that. In jujitsu the goal is to manipulate your center of mass in relation to the opponent (thus shifting stances fluidly to make it lower than you foes) in order to throw them, This is also notably not limited to just one ,martial art but several. As such it may be that knowledge of the Sowa works by the user assuming one central stance, and using a reaction based style of fighting either predicts or reacts to what the foe is doing flowing between katas gracefully. Thus the foes is always in a state of "oh great he's in that stance again, but which stance/reaction is he going to do if I try and attack him". That may also be why it requires precognition or something like it (as seen with False Assassin and Saber) to beat the Knowledge of the Sowa and why it's users are so good at martial arts, it may be a martial arts skill.
    Now given what I know of fencing (which is precious little from a handful of times seeing it happen on TV) most of the "match" is you sizing up your opponent, feinting with the sword, maybe parrying with a flick of the wrist, before you see an umping and go for the one decisive strike. Typically matches don't go on fro more than a handful of quick exchanges between foes until one wins. As such considering ~75% of the time you are in one particular stance and are reacting to the foe's actions swapping between stances (thrusting, moving (shuffling forward or back), parrying) then I could envision that it may have the same effect of Knowledge of the Sowa (assuming how I conceptualized it is even close to being right).

But, I will admit seeing a skill which has only been on Japanese servants on a European one is a little odd. I also will cite I am not a fencing expert nor ​do I have any proof that my theory of how Knowledge of Sowa works is correct. For all I know it may be that it was explained somewhere as a quirk of Eastern martial arts masters who use weapons who are summoned as heroic spirits are just so good that enemies will keep falling for their noble phantasms, because their noble phantasms are extensions of their martial arts skill.

Blog Entries
    Oh boy, there's so many new sheets while I was away... I PROMISE I'LL COMMENT ON MORE OF THEM IN A LATER TIME, but for now allow me to at least praise some of our latest creations.

Liechtenauer: Aaahh, this guy! I once made a Servant out of him so I can definitely relate to the difficulties of digging out his lore. But even with such obscure references, I think you've made a suberb job! It was super fun to read. (And frankly, since I'm very lax with skills and such I didn't mind to see the Knowledge and Respect of Harmony one here. I mean, we're all unnoficially having fun, so the sky is the limit, you know?) Also, characters with his personality are kind of my weakness? A man after my own heart, this one is.

Caílte Mac Rónáin: Welcome to this thread (and what a good first impression)! I was very pleased with this Servant, I could see a good lot of effort in this sheet. I didn't knew of this character, sadly, so it was also a good oportunity for me to educate myself. I loved the concept of his Noble Phantasm too, that whole "damage against armored foes" deal is very interesting (and as always, I appreciate when authors give drawbacks and/or "survival tips" against their Servant's NPs. I dunno, I like it when they're not op hahah). But really, I can only hope we can see more of you in the future.

© Reiinachi
    .check out my Servant sheets if you are interested.

Blog Entries
    “In the name of the Ashikaga, I, Yoshiteru, answer your call. I ask you, are you ready to die for our cause summoner?”

Berserker - Ashikaga Yoshiteru

Berserker without armor
    Berserker's battle armor

Image 1:
    https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca88...VWfYx5j_JUdsNA (image source)
    https://www.deviantart.com/skytoast/...5709818&qo=140 (image author)
    https://www.deviantart.com/skytoast (image author's page (​Warning, some of the stuff on said page is NSFW, be warned))

Image 2:
    https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20161112173544 (image source)
    https://history2701.fandom.com/wiki/...y_14th_Century (ima
    ge author (there is a link to MET, but that link leads to a dead/lost page as far as I can tell))

Characteristics
    Height / Weight: 193 cm, 109 kg
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Home: Japan
    Origin: Historical fact

Equipment
    His swords, (the 6 he starts with all are about as good as E or D noble phantasms (and not really exceptional aside that)). The reason has that many is due to the fact that, despite being as good as E or D rank noble phantasms in power, the swords were still were made of japanese steel, which was notoriously poor in quality (that’s why they had tricks to compensate a bit for that), but still swords can break in long battles (especially of you try and parry, that’s probably why you should never try and directly take a blow with a katana, always let it slide down at an angle (otherwise it may crack or break)) and Berserker prefers to be prepared.

They are arranged with two on each side of his belt (curved side up on all 4 for ease of drawing them), one swords sheathed with on left shoulder (with the curved side facing away from his back (both for safety reasons and to more easily draw it)), and lastly a shorter sword, sheathed horizontally on his lumbar spine (the other side of this sheathe was tied to his armor’s left side with a leather cord which was fed through a small hole near the base of the sheath into a loop (the cord had a bit of spare length so that he could manipulate the blade drawing it), the blade was placed curved side down as that meant he would remove the sword in a counterclockwise motion with his right hand (his dominant one). In battle he alway unscathed this blade first (as it was the least practical to remove in battle).

Aside from that he can manifest his battle armor (as seen in the second picture). Aside from the swords he starts with there are two in particular which draw interest and note, one is a simple, seemingly ordinary blade with a blue patterned handle, and a floral pattern at the base near the top of the handle. This is Soyokaze, an authentic work of Gorō Nyūdō Masamune, which has the ability that in an expert’s hands it will only cut what it’s user wants it to cut, nothing more or less (although it may still break bones), it roughly translates to a C rank noble phantasm and was handed down through his family from Ashikaga Takauji who used it as his primary weapon. The other balde is the stronger and more dangerous of the two and Berserker’s favored weapon and gem among his collection, a blade he calls
    Red Tears
    Akai Namida
    , however is better known by it’s popular name
    10000 cold nights
    Juuchi Yosumu
    . (10000 cold nights).

One day Berserker had gone on a journey around Kyoto and in it’s outskirts he saw a man with two blades by a stream, he at first held one blade in the stream, kept it there for a time, then removed it and moved to repeat the process with the other blade. Berserker stopped and saw that the man repeated this process for a time before he gathered up both, cursed audibly and sighed returning to his horse. Approaching the man, Berserker inquired as to what he was doing, the man claimed that he had come from Kuwana to see the smithing techniques of Kyoto, in hopes to improve the craftsmanship of his swords to surpass his master. However, the man bitterly stated that he was just testing his greatest sword, made using his newly gained knowledge, and it still was not as good as his master’s Magnum-Opus. Observing the blades in the man's arms, Berserker noted the astounding quality of both, and inquired as to the man’s price for the blades. Informing him that the older blade Yawarakai-Te was not for sale and went to leave, yet once more Berserker stopped him and inquired on the price for the other blade.

Shocked, the man told him that the balde was a failure, and the inferior product, yet Berserker insisted on buying it despite the fact. Astounded that Berserker would buy a blade he deemed a failure, he said that if Berserker could use it properly, if so then it was his, but he warned that his blades were known to cause ill luck. Laughing, Berserker claimed that any ill luck he encountered he would deal with in time, Berserker went over to a nearby Cherry blossom, shook a branch and effortlessly cut each blossom which fell by having it land on the blade’s edge. Impressed by Berserker’s skill the man acquiesced and gave him the blade and before riding off, he introduced himself as Muramasa. Thus Berserker acquired Akai Namida, and by speaking of the encounter with friends it mutated into the legend known today as Muramasa testing his balde against that of his master Muramasa’s (the one who founded the style of smithing he used and thus by proxy his master / mentor) greatest work and losing.

Akai Namida exists along the ranks of a B rank noble phantasm which can sever cause and effect briefly in the hands of a very skilled user (Berserker can do this fair amount of effort), and anything struck by it starts to feel very cold (so much so a foe will start shivering and even a servant would have trouble holding still). Perhaps because of this effect the blade feels constantly cold and seems to sap warmth from around it. The sword is considered the strongest blade Berserker has and it likely was in part due to this blade, which like most demonic blades bring both glory from their power, and ruin from their cursed nature upon their user, and as such almost certainly contributed to Berserker’s death.

Personal Information
    Attribute: Human
    Dislikes: Politics, Those who manipulate others or scheme to control others, Cowardice
    Talents: Fighting, Leading others, Never giving up or compromising on his beliefs
    Natural Enemy: Medea, Morgan Le Fey, 9/10 of all Magi

Lore
    An exception among exceptions, a warrior among warriors, Ashikaga Yoshiteru remains in history as the 13th Shogun of the Ashikaga Shogunate, and in truth despite two others succeeding him, may as well be considered the last true Ashikaga to sit upon the throne and hold any power. Amidst the line of Ashikaga who as warriors and warlords was thought to have stagnated arose a man whose heart was that of metal, and whose soul was lit with a flame of conflict.

From the age of 11 he took the throne, yet as such he only served as a puppet to higher powers. Yet eventually he freed himself of those shackles (at the cost of earning an unending hatred of manipulators and cowards in the process) and with his great intellect and judgement, he restored the position of Shōgun to one of respect and note. It was said that even the likes of the mighty Kenshin and the Indomitable Nobunaga respected his authority and power. On that fateful day where a inebriated Nobunaga let slip her plans to reform Japan, she thought her life to end before Yoshiteru’s blade or the emperor’s men, yet he looked at her with eyes which held respect, yet also longing as he said “then be ready, and do not falter”. Not one soul within the emperor’s court ever learned of this exchange aside from the two.

In Japanese culture it is said that a red Camellia flower signifies a warrior’s death, when Berserker told his men that the reinforcements wouldn’t come in time, yet he still intended to fight, he told any who feared death to leave for he would stay. Yet, still did his men, barely 50 in number, stand against the horde, they watched him implanted all the blades from his armory into the floor as if they were gravestones, in preparation for the fight. When the usurpers came they saw not a Shōgun, but a warlord, one whose eyes burned with a flame not known since Takauji Ashikaga himself rode across Japan. On and on did Berserker fight, taking blade after blade to his flesh, procuring weapons from fallen troops, his men plucking swords he had placed earlier to replace fallen arms, hacking of limbs, throwing bodies to confuse or stun foes.

On and On, they fought, taking wound after wound, yet never ceasing in their mad battle. Indeed, only when Yoshiteru fell and died did Odachidono, the last of their number give in, yet even then he refused to fall by any other blade but his own in the end. It was said that day the hall of what would later become the Flower Palace was stained red and countless blades, some impaled in bodies, some broken, many others stained crimson, did Yoshiteru die. After his death his chosen successor contracted illness and was ousted by Nobunaga within a year, and his successor was naught but a puppet ruler for the head of the Oda.

The shogunate of the Ashikaga began with Tekauji who lived and died as a great warrior, yet his last worthy son had despite sustaining injuries and his training never seen the battlefield, save but a single day. Perhaps it is only fitting that in that empty hall, amidst the red Camellias, where Yoshiteru finally attained the battle he wanted, that the rule of the Ashikaga ended, just as it had begun. For though the flowers were made of metal, none could deny the crimson shine while painting them on that day. One must wonder though, to whom did those red Camellias give tribute to? Was it Yoshiteru or perhaps the entire Ashikaga rule itself that died that day?

Personality
    Berserker was renowned for his political skill and maneuvering, yet due to being manipulated early in his rule he despises such tactics with a fiery passion. Yet, despite his skill and renown in politics, in his heart it was all hollow, for no matter how numerous were the masses which cheered his great leadership, nor how many treasures he amassed, a flame dwelled in his soul which he could not extinguish. Perhaps it could be said that the Origin of that man was linked not to leadership of the country, but leadership of the battlefield.

For behind all the duty and wealth that Berserker held, lied a man who believed that the victor decides what is or isn't right, who despised politics, despite his skill in them, which he upheld as it was his duty to do such, which would see his kingdom burn before he changed course on something he believed in, valued loyalty above all else, and saw conflict as the blood which pumped through
    Alaya’s
    Humanity’s
    veins, but also was the very fire which upheld the gods existence. To him the idea of bathing in battle of standing and fighting for a cause, and never turning back lest you insult all who paved the path you now walk was an ideal, he held higher than anything else.

Relationships

Sengo Muramasa: Ah, My friend, come sit and what? That blade, Nay, nay I have no complaints, not once has it failed me. No, I accept it’s curse, with this strength of mine, I will gladly accept 100 more curses if it would mean I find myself upon the battlefield at long last.

Takauji Ashikaga: O founder, I ask of thee this boon, if you would, please release from me my duty, that I may walk your path even if but for a moment. For I know it is not my place, yet my heart yearns for the battlefield, my life pines for being burned by the flames of conflict.

EMIYA (archer): Hahahahaha, what is this jester? A clown draped in rugs, failing with the swords of greater men and women? A petty insult, a hollow imitation of greater warriors? Fool, there is no place for remorse, you fought, and won, it matters not if your cause held worth or not, it alone remained strong enough to carry you here. You have no choice, as the victor, you must carry on, now go, answer your calls squire, your master bids you to more bloodshed, drink long and deep of it, and discard any of this foolishness, the only path you have left is forward, now for the sake of those you slayed, you must keep walking. Anything less is an insult to those who baldes you, an insult to the ideals you inherited, an insult to the men and women you have killed.

Iskander: Hmm, now this one, I see the marks of a warlord, yet where is the dignity? What is a lord without his kingdom, are you naught but a fool, who would farm, yet store nothing for the winter? Foolishness, the duty of the victor is that he leads that which he has taken and carve their name and will into history. Yet what would you rule, a series of territories you ruled in name only, yet left untouched, what worth would your empire have, that which crumbled in the hands of children who bickered as the kingdom’s walls fell. Such madness, your empire crumbled with nary a speck of history to call it own, not a single day of its era lasted beyond the fumes of your life, and what of your comrades, those who joined you not for good policy or to make a kingdom, but merely out of respect of your power. Where were they when your kingdom fell. (sips) Such idiocy, now get out of my sight.

Most Magi: Such cowardice, who are you, mere flowers in the wind, yet you would have the gall to declare yourselves greater than the whole tree of which you grew from. What proof do you have of your power, the labors of 100 men which you did nothing to earn, which you merley sat and let be inherited upon yourself. Weep fools, for I bid you no welcome, may the passage of time, the advancement of science pave over your derelict kingdom, and may you unworthy rats starve as you cannibalize each other with politics and false promises in your desperate effort postpone your ruin.

Oda Nobunaga: I see, then your words, that one day, I see they weren’t hollow. Hah, come let us drink, I can tell you have had a long battle, and can tell of many tales.

Kenshin: Ah Kenshin, your skill remains unchanging as always. Come let us cross swords my friend, hold nothing back, for I show no mercy. Let your balde speak of your tales and beliefs.

Cú Chulainn: (drinks) Hah, Now this one, I see it, he knows of the fight, of it’s scent, of it’s allure. Come drink my friend and let us drown in the memories of bloody conflict.

Achilles/Seigfried: Strange, I see the marks of a warrior upon this one, and yet what, is that remorse is that spearmanship/swordsmanship? His flesh, so spotless, I see, one who wades through corpses, yet walks away untouched. How quaint, it seems tempting and yet remains a fate I would wish upon no warrior, to be so close to men, yet so far removed from humanity. A beast with Iron skin who waded through the battlefield alone, lived alone, and died alone, such a cursed life (drinks).

Vlad the 3rd: That blood, how thick it runs, I see so that is your method of ruling. No matter, it is not I who has the right to proclaim judgement upon thee, let history run its course, the victors will be proclaimed as righteous, the defeated as cowards, that is the world’s way. Yet if you would reject the judgements the world has made upon thee, the draw your blade and declare war, for to fight against what you are named as, is to seek to overturn the judgement of the world, and only one who rules the world may do such.

Gilgamesh: Hm, yes, a conqueror among conquerors, such strength is befitting of one who would rule the world. May any who seek his throne or question his judgement be forced to do such at the cost of overturning his right, overturning the power he has accumulated, the wisdom he has gathered. But, heed this warning, O King who reigns supreme, as ruler it is your right to rule and judge all, yet is also your shackle, your duties to stand and fight against any who would challenge your judgement, or who would challenge the life of humanity, for without subjects what is your kingdom but an empty globe inhabited by beasts?

Parameters [with mad enhancement]:
    Strength – C [B]
    Endurance – B [A]
    Agility – C [B]
    Mana – D [C]
    Luck – C-
    Noble Phantasm – A

Class Skills
    Mad Enhancement [EX]- (functionally around the rank of B in how it boosts his parameters when activated) Conditionally boosts all parameters aside from luck. However this only works specifically when Berserker is fighting in a life or death situation, otherwise this has no real effect on his appearance, personality, and / or speech / thinking abilities. However, when in those conditions, he loses almost all ability to reason and will fight mindlessly without regard for orders (even requiring two command seals to snap him out of it).

This cause immense difficulty in controlling him as Berserker is very cautious when it comes to others trying to control him or manipulate him, as he has a fundamental weakness to being controlled (be it through mental interference, command seals, or just guile), as it happened that he was a puppet ruler for a time in his myth and even after was controlled by his duty and the will of his people. If someone would try to manipulate or control his actions and succeed they would find it fairly easy to guide Berserker to do what they desire. However, if he were to see through it at any point, or break out of their control then he would go on a near unstoppable rampage likely requiring possibly multiple command seals to stop him from trying to kill those involved.

Personal Skills
    Golden rule [C+]- In addition, his rule was not unprofitable either, as upon his last stand he implanted countless blades deemed as high class or priceless, which he had gathered over the years in preparation to face him. Of those many blades Berserker owned some even reached the levels of power on par with lesser noble phantasms and he himself was said to hold two blades which would not be out of place amidst the tales of Knights in the first millenium AD in Europe. Because of this skill, Berserker can be said to have an area which naturally draws material assets (wealth and particularly weapons) as well as grants him greater ability and ease in learning martial arts techniques.

Natural Body [D+]- A skill which denotes having a naturally perfect body since birth, In life Berserker was blessed with great skill in martial arts, of such that even tutor in sword fighting, Tsukahara Bokuden (who is said to have stopped a blow from a young Minamoto Musashi while he was eating in his older years) praised his skill. He was hailed as the closest to an actual warlord since his ancestor Takauji founded their rule. As such he could be said to have been
    cursed
    blessed
    with a destiny of battle.

Charisma [C+]- A skill which denotes not only Berserker’s capacity as a leader to command others, but also his natural instinct with tactics and strategy. However, when on the battlefield his natural charisma seem to rise to untold heights where guided by a spirit in no way lesser than the likes of great kings, he and his men would gladly face certain doom without hesitation.

Kashima Shintō-ryū [B]- A school of fighting pioneered by Tsukahara Bokuden, with a style based around practical use in combat, exploiting weaknesses in a foe’s armor or guard, and even techniques like the Iai. It is a style in which Berserker excels and is in many ways similar to tactics and strategies used by knights in Europe. Combined with other techniques like proper usage of step movements to maneuver around the battlefield, tactical knowledge, and his own will, Berserker is fearsome in battle. Due to most Berserkers normally being mindless brutes under mad enhancement, one may expect that this state would hinder these abilities greatly.

Yet this isn’t fully the case, perhaps due to the fact that his madness is due to his warped nature which is attuned to battle (his element is that of metal, and his origin is thought to be similar to “combat” or “fighting”) rather than normal insanity he has a shockingly low amount of reduction in combat effectiveness while mad enhanced (at most it means that he can’t use step movements as effectively (rapid movement akin to Wavedashing rather than teleportation), but aside from that and perhaps him being less able to use trickery with his weapon skills in battle, Berserker still can use these arts with shocking grace). However, due to the style of combat he used being unsuited for normal matches were both contestants aren’t trying to kill each other it only shows it’s true effectiveness under those situations.

Noble Phantasm
    Akai Tsubaki, the scarlet field of the Flower palace – A

My soul is lit with the Flame of Conflict,
    That which burned nations,
    That which fueled gods,
    Unheeding of Death embrace,
    Nor caring of the riches left behind,
    I stand with this army undeterred,
    For I know, this was the only path,
    May this battle throw open gates to the distant Heavens,
    Here I make my last stand.
    Akai Tsubaki

A reality marble type noble phantasm which summons a seemingly boundless Japanese style room, which represents the Flower Place which was built, where Berserker fell in life, in this place countless blades, all of which Berserker collected either in life or after manifesting as a servant (a fair amount of which could be called E or D rank, with some reaching even higher ranks) are embedded in the floor. Additionally any who loyally stood alongside Berserker at his end, roughly 50 in number, are manifested in this place and they alongside him charge onwards for one final battle. In terms of ability they are not properly summoned as servants, thus they lack much in the way of power (roughly E and D ranks in all stats), have no class skills or noble phantasms and only have Battle continuation as a skill granted to them.

The rank of Battle continuation varies from person to person, but it is strongest for Berserker who attains it at Rank A within these halls. Aside from him Odachidono his second in command and most trusted summoned ally has the equivalent of A- rank battle continuation (and impressive skill with a blade), although if Berserker dies or he believes him to have died he will fall into despair and kill himself. Aside from Battle continuation the other advantage is that without a skill or noble phantasm to allow for it only Berserker or his warriors can draw and wield the weapons found in this realm normally, and if any of the weapons do break, over time they will “grow” back from the floor as their pieces lie on the ground and fade away (although this costs energy which varies based upon how strong the sword is, and is not instant (requiring Berserker stay alive for it to happen)).

In function the ideal ways to deal with this noble phantasm are either to stop him before he finishes the chant (it must be done in one uninterrupted incantation, ensure he is low on energy and/or has no energy backup to maintain it for long (as even with 50 helpers to do so he couldn’t keep it going for more than 30 minutes without a command seal or a master). Use quick decisive strikes which either hit hard (Gáe Bolg), take off large chunks of his body (Nine lives or anti-army attacks) and focus on Berserker regardless of his allies. Hit hard and be fast, berserker is the fastest and strongest person in the room, but don’t be careless even in here where if you have pushed him this far that he will have his mad enhancement on, he isn’t a slouch with swordsmanship. Don’t try to get into one on one fights, you will get outnumbered, even if you are Gawain or Lancelot (Saber), he has all the advantages and can outnumber you, can use his two strongest swords, have his allies swarm and bog you down, and then still in spite of his mad enhancement he still has his battle instincts and skill (that's not to say that either of them couldn't win even with then odds against them, but it would be needlessly difficult).

If you really have got into a bad enough spot that you need to get rid of Berserker fast, and his reality marble off, then go far (the place is endless, or near enough so on the inside) and snipe him with something strong, the armor makes him hard to miss and although it’s good (it might take one of two B rank strikes and C rank hits from normal attack fairly well), against an Anti-army level noble phantasm of even Rank C or B, he’s almost certainly dead, if you need to make space, remember he has an intrinsic weakness to mental interference, and is mad enhanced at this point, Use mental interference and using time for it to possibly wear off of him to push past it, get away and or take him and his forces out. Also either Iskander, Emiya, Gilgamesh, and/or Spartacus counter this Noble phantasm either for being able to function better due to the nature of this attack, or outpace him in terms of the amount of allies and powerful weapons.
    Anti-Army
    300 people

So here he is, the possible inspiration behind the famous Unlimited blade works (at least if TV tropes field of blades page (real life examples) and actually may be the trope make behind the entire idea of the field of blades according to them) not to mention that according to them the UBW chant is awfully familiar to a poem Yoshiteru wrote. Hm, well Nasu is Japanese and Yoshiteru is a fairly important historical figure in Japan. So yeah, at first I gave the guy a budget UBW as his Noble Phantasm, yet as I was reading about the dude's last stand and how some of his men stood with him it kind of morphed into a Hybrid of aspects Leonidas, EMIYA, and Iskander's noble phantasms.

I tried to keep it under control while doing so (the dude's strongest weapon is 1 rank B noble phantasm, and his next strongest weapon is a rank C noble phantasm, and the rest is just a set of pretty good armor and a Buch of blades from D to E rank). I also tried to make it so that he doesn't have that many men (if he had too many he would have won that day) and that they weren't too ridiculous. Regrading the rest of the sheet he kind of evolved from a typically shōgun as I was making him to being a little similar to Spartacus, in how much he hates being controlled (and thus would be a nightmare for most magi in a grail war to try and navigate how to deal with him), yet also genuinely feels conflicted by his duty as a leader, but his wish to live as a warrior. As you can also see generally he is the sort of person who can be a little wise beyond his years when it comes to battle, and due to his element/origin essentially is obsessed with the fighting.

Regarding his fighting style I am a little afraid I may have overdone it with that skill, as I know it kinda conflicts with how mad enhancement trades finesse for raw power, but I figured that Berserker's mad enhancement is due to his mental state combined with his element & origin (which make him a naturally talented fighter) so I though of him as essentially someone whose every instincts are that of combat and even turned insane he still could perform fairly well. I also suppose what I was going for with this sheet was someone like EMIYA, horrid parameters and a pain to deal with, but great in almost everything else.

Genuinely interested in any feedback on this guy. I was shocked that someone who has seemed to be tied to so many figures in Japanese history (Oda Nobunaga, Kenshin, Takauji Ashikaga founder of the Ashikaga shogunate, and Tsukahara Bokuden) had so little on him anywhere, especially when you consider that the dude inspired one of the original servants ever made if popular theory is right (wonder if anyone has ever asked Nasu if he did use Yoshiteru as inspiration for EMIYA's UBW). Speaking of Tsukahara Bokuden he seemed interesting, may consider giving him a possible sheet if I can manage it.

Either way as promised to Koga, I'm going to do a quick once over on the Feridad sheet I made (not the most original cleric hero, but I think I might have a neat twist on him) and see if I can find a good picture, hammer home some of the details on his personality and stuff, and have him done next. After that, well I'm not fully sure potentially could go one of two ways with that, got two sheets on the back burner that I was working on, not sure which I'll finish first.
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; May 15th, 2020 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Additional formatting and minor tweaks to Noble Phantasm text

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Regarding Liechtenauer's Knowledge and Respect of Harmony, I gave it to him with a similar justification as Tell's Aiming. His teachings even spell out that one should aim for roughly the same effect that the Skill has, so it fit too well to be just ignored. I also didn't want to just give him the same Skill under a different name.
    And who knows, maybe there was some disgraced samurai traveling around Europe during Liechtenauer's lifetime who taught him some of the principles of oriental swordsmanship.

Also some notes on Yoshiteru: The sheet is good, all in all, but I think some additional formating (like the use of enter) might make it a better read. Kashima Shinto-ryu is also missing a rank. I'd also like to note that Golden Rule (Body) specifically denotes the possession of a "goddess-like" perfect body, which may not have been what you were going for. Golden Rule (Wealth & Beauty) might work better, though even that has more connotations of female beauty.

Blog Entries
    Shinki-pon, Ok tweaked things around a bit (I split up the Golden rule (wealth and body) into Golden rule and Natural Body skills (which I think more accurately reflect what I was trying to communicate about his abilities), also I figured out why the thing with Kashima Shinto-ryu was acting weird. Due to the fact that I have stuff regarding skills formatted like this [rank here] when I put in [ B ] (without spaces) BB code though I was using a fragment of the bold command. As a result, it accidentally kept putting the rank of the skill at the from of the line rather than after the skill name, minor fix, I just had to italicize the B so BB code didn't accidentally recognize it as code. Thanks for the advise.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiki-pon View Post
    Regarding Liechtenauer's Knowledge and Respect of Harmony, I gave it to him with a similar justification as Tell's Aiming. His teachings even spell out that one should aim for roughly the same effect that the Skill has, so it fit too well to be just ignored. I also didn't want to just give him the same Skill under a different name.
    And who knows, maybe there was some disgraced samurai traveling around Europe during Liechtenauer's lifetime who taught him some of the principles of oriental swordsmanship.

Also some notes on Yoshiteru: The sheet is good, all in all, but I think some additional formating (like the use of enter) might make it a better read. Kashima Shinto-ryu is also missing a rank. I'd also like to note that Golden Rule (Body) specifically denotes the possession of a "goddess-like" perfect body, which may not have been what you were going for. Golden Rule (Wealth & Beauty) might work better, though even that has more connotations of female beauty.
    Shiki have you seen my THales if so then i am curious About your Evaluation as i think i did a good Job.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    Shiki have you seen my THales if so then i am curious About your Evaluation as i think i did a good Job.
    *Sigh*... Really? Okay, fine.

You appear to still have a misunderstanding as to how the Servant classes work, considering that this Caster of yours is (parameter-wise at least) superior to a regular Archer. For a scholar. Without any martial portions to his legend whatsoever. So why does he have a STR and END of C? A single rank up from a Skill might explain it, but for a Caster, STR and END are usually E if there's no justification for their increase.
    You have once again decided to give him three different compound Skills, one of which is your usual 'every Magecraft I could think of'. He's also got a water control Skill that already has 3 different Skill effect as well as buffing his parameters to those of a combat Servant... Somehow.
    Pioneer of the Stars might be literally the only Skill in the entire sheet that actually fits, given that he's the one who had a hand in starting the whole philosophy thing.
    As usual for your sheets, he has an EX-ranked Noble Phantasm for no particular reason, not to mention a pretty uninspired 'tidal wave slams enemies' kind of dealy.

All in all, learn to limit your sheets. The only positive thing I can say about the sheet is that at least the thing is decently legible.

Hey! Are you ready to go? RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yoshiteru: Personally I always imagined the "field of blades" imagery in UBW was inspired by the Battle of Camlann, given that's how it's depicted at least by Nasu himself. But this guy is an intriguing possibility as well. The sheet is quite good overall. I don't mind him being able to fight properly under Mad Enhancement. Since "mad but still coherent" Berserkers like Spartacus are dime-a-dozen nowadays it's a little late to complain about that, even if it does digress from how the Class was originally intended. I do agree with Shiki that the formatting could probably use some extra spaces, particularly in his NP section which is a giant text-block right now. Kind of annoying to read.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the feedback, Sorry with the walls of texts (I was a little enthusiastic in the writing process), but hopefully I think I've cleaned that up now (only two continuous text scrolls go past 6 lines and none go beyond 8 lines in length without a break). Yet again, I apologize, I'll have to be a bit more though next time in editing.

Although there is one thing that occurs to me just now, I wonder if the whole subverting the purpose of the Berserker class may have been a bit of a meta joke (ie. I know it probably wasn't planned from the start, but I wonder if Nasu decided to run with it as in a meta sense to the lore of the Nasuverse Grail wars it made sense). As in lore (from what I remember) it's stated that the point of the Berserker class was to summon weaker heroic spirits into it and then have them empowered so they stood a chance against normal spirits, but people starting summoning stronger servants into the class to make them even stronger, thus subverting the whole point of the class.

I think it's even called out that in Fate:Apocrypha when Berserker of Black is summoned she is highlighted to be the a case of the actual berserker class being used as intended a weak spirit [spoilers=Frankenstein's monster]Spoilers here[/spoilers] being empowered to be able to actually fight fairly well against some servants from the Red team. Plus given how much cheating there is in the grail war to start with (that's why the church needed to get involve to moderate things and make rules) (see Typemoon wiki on the Fuyuki grail war for details if you want, but long story short, Essentially no grail war we have ever seen didn't involve the rules being bent or broken in one way or another).

Thus maybe in a meta sense the idea of "the rules of the berserker class card being broken" is a bit of a meta joke as in canon one could ask "were the rules of the grail war ever even followed to start with?".
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; May 15th, 2020 at 11:30 AM. Reason: just had this occur to me right after I posted

Johannes Liechtenauer: A quick and digestible sheet. Made for a brief, but interesting read. I'd like to see him duel with Munenori.

Ashikaga Yoshiteru: This one's a lot bigger, by contrast, but I had a good time reading it as well. I like that he's marginally more respectful of EMIYA than he is the majority of other mages, treating him with mockery and lecturing him rather than just shitting on him without remorse. That Noble Phantasm is enjoyable, too. There have been plenty of NPs that are fantastic backdrops for action-packed climaxes, but this is especially good for that.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the read. As for Emiya the reason that Yoshiteru is more respectful (slightly) to him is that in Yoshiteru's mind there is a clear cut difference between a magus and a magecraft user. This kind of parallels the magus versus spell caster idea in canon, but is a little bit more nuanced in Yoshiteru's case. To Yoshiteru a magus collects history and research, doing nothing to earn position, and believing themselves superior solely on birthrate rather than actual effort made into developing as a person or advancing their arts (ie. a magus who literally has made 0 effort to advance their 400 year old crest would still claim superiority over a mage like Waver Velvet who despite not being powerful and being from a young lineage, has made great strides as a person and in advancing his student ability to utilize their magecraft.

A magecraft use is much more in line with a warrior and also holds more true to at the very least some semblance of humanity and dignity with their behaviors and actions (for example to Yoshiteru a magecraft user works hard to achive or develop their own skill, always striving to grow and advance, and although they may manipulate and try to control others lines like Zouken's behavior would be cast off on principle by them as appalling no matter the results). A good example of what Yoshiteru may consider a magecraft user instead of a magus is Rin Tohsaka, as despite her flaws, she genuinely tries to better herself, accepts their is more she can still learn, understands that her lineage alone doesn't make her automatically better than everyone else (she doesn't actively refuse to become friends with people who have no ties to magecraft or are weaker than her) and although she is interesting in the root, she still can and will choose to do what she thinks is right over what profits her the most.

Now looking at this scale Emiya grimly sits on the magecraft user end (which already puts him in Yoshiteru's better graces), as he never properly learned how to use his magecraft except for a limited apprenticeship under Rin, and even then much of his magecraft is done by sheer practice and skill, he came up with Tracing, he made the Triple-linked Crane wings attack out of his own ingenuity and style. He came up with his fighting style and learned how to use it best. regarding the bit of being a faker, on one hand yes it is a bit of an insult, but on the other hand Yoshiteru means it as a reminder, a reminder that Emiya is one of the only people aside from those heroes who held those weapons who can wield them. As such as noble phantasms are crystallization of legend, his actions reflect on the character and worth of the legends he is imitating and borrowing from. It's not just an insult, it's a warning, a reminder that no matter how much he hates it, he has a duty to uphold by claiming ownership of copies of those blades.

The other reason he's so harsh is that in his mind what Emiya want to do, his plot in Fate:Unlimited Blade Works, is highly insulting and dumb on several levels, particularly to him and other heroic spirits. A lot of heroes have regrets of things that they were forced into doing because the world needed a hero or the people wanted it, and thus they were bound by duty to help, Emiya discarding that idea spits on every hero who was bound by their duty or position in life in his eyes. Not to mention it's adressed in UBW route that for a few reasons regarding Emiya's status
    spoiler
    he's a counter guardian outside of time
    , that it would never work and that what he was doing aside from
    spoiler
    giving past him a head's up
    nothing will change. Even if in a 1 in a zillion chance that things did change, what would that really mean in the grand scheme of things?
    spoiler
    Alaya would have more counter guardian
    to do her work, so someone else would just take Emiya's place whenever the call went out.

Thus to Yoshiteru, it doesn't matter if Emiya's ideals had worth or not, he's long beyond the point of no return, and even if he got out of the cycle nothing would ever change meaningfully. Not to mention that Emiya has killed so many people that in Berserker's mind he has a duty to live on for the sake of those he has killed, so that maybe, just maybe millions of years from now, his ideals or efforts really would pay off and somehow some small chunk of the lives he had taken would be justified. To Berserker it's a case of very much on this matter while Emiya argues sunk cost fallacy to get out of his duty, Yoshiteru points out that even if that is the case, the only thing which would change if he left, is that he wouldn't be there.

TLDR, Yoshiteru is being hard on Emiya partly out of disappointment and annoyance rather than true anger (think a parent telling their children to stop playing around and get their HW done)
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; May 15th, 2020 at 12:29 PM. Reason: opps