Page 67 of 76 FirstFirst ... 175762656667686972 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 1515

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

I'm the Great Pretender RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataquack Warrior View Post
    Glad you liked it. Actually, your tip on altering the Flying skill last time helped a lot. I've started editing each Flying skill into a unique skill for each class. This in turn let me add new elements to the Jolly Roger noble phantasm with the wind gimmick; before that, it was just a basic flying ship summon.

My reasoning for the Lawful Neutral? - emphasis on the question mark - is how Hook sort of represents the tyranny of adulthood, forcing all sorts of rules and expectations on children. Not to mention that Hook had a preoccupation with "good form" - part of his hatred for Peter Pan was how the boy naturally followed good form despite being so careless and carefree. Since the Rider persona symbolizes Peter right after beating Hook and acting like a stern pirate himself, I chose the Lawful Neutral? alignment in that Peter is imitating grown-up strictness. In fact, though, Peter is just treating the rules as just another game to play for the time being, so while Rider's alignment is officially Lawful Neutral, the question mark is meant to hint that Rider's alignment is more akin to Chaotic Neutral like you said beneath the facade of orderliness. Do you think I should clarify more on that in the bio, or change the alignment?
    No, that makes sense now. Thanks for the explanation.

Blog Entries
    Glad you liked it. Actually, your tip on altering the Flying skill last time helped a lot. I've started editing each Flying skill into a unique skill for each class. This in turn let me add new elements to the Jolly Roger noble phantasm with the wind gimmick; before that, it was just a basic flying ship summon.

My reasoning for the Lawful Neutral? - emphasis on the question mark - is how Hook sort of represents the tyranny of adulthood, forcing all sorts of rules and expectations on children. Not to mention that Hook had a preoccupation with "good form" - part of his hatred for Peter Pan was how the boy naturally followed good form despite being so careless and carefree. Since the Rider persona symbolizes Peter right after beating Hook and acting like a stern pirate himself, I chose the Lawful Neutral? alignment in that Peter is imitating grown-up strictness. In fact, though, Peter is just treating the rules as just another game to play for the time being, so while Rider's alignment is officially Lawful Neutral, the question mark is meant to hint that Rider's alignment is more akin to Chaotic Neutral like you said beneath the facade of orderliness. Do you think I should clarify more on that in the bio, or change the alignment?
    Cataquack your two Versions of Pan are really good i must say but somewhat does it hints that Pan is more Evil as it seems but i must admit i dont know more About Peter pan then the movie from Disney . so i am curious About your other versions as i know from my Loki series that such ideas/Concept projects are rather interesting . i am curious how would she think of my Neferuseth ( it think as her moter figure should she allow Pan to do as she like the most time), my Steller as he is a Man which crossed the Sea ,especially would i be curious what she think of his mount ,and my Ada Muso given that she is also in some sense a "eternal child"?
    When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    Cataquack your two Versions of Pan are really good i must say but somewhat does it hints that Pan is more Evil as it seems but i must admit i dont know more About Peter pan then the movie from Disney . so i am curious About your other versions as i know from my Loki series that such ideas/Concept projects are rather interesting . i am curious how would she think of my Neferuseth ( it think as her moter figure should she allow Pan to do as she like the most time), my Steller as he is a Man which crossed the Sea ,especially would i be curious what she think of his mount ,and my Ada Muso given that she is also in some sense a "eternal child"?
    Thanks! I have two more classes in mind: Assassin and Caster. Didn't really see anyway to make a template for the remaining classes; Peter doesn't have any history using weapons other than swords - thus taking out Archer and Lancer - and I couldn't come up with anything interesting for Berserker. though now that I think of it, Avenger could maybe work, emphasizing Pan's hatred for grown-ups.

As for being a little evil, I'm basing things mostly around Barrie's original play/book versions- where he had originally wanted to make Pan the villain. In the book, Peter does some unsettling things, like letting the boys plummet towards the ocean and only saving them at the last moment - and you were never sure if he might whimsically decide to just let them die at some point.

And yeah, you have some fascinating Servant designs. It really would be interesting to see what the different versions of Pan think of them. I think she'd like Ada Muso especially; I sort of think Peter, with her poor memory, would keep mixing things up and calling her Tiger Lily. I think Peter would sort of get along with Steller, but things might turn to conflict eventually, as while both enjoy the wonder of new discoveries and adventures, Peter is careless about the things she "plays" with, while Steller doesn't want to hurt them. As for Neferuseth, I think that while Peter might like her as a "mother", things would end badly, with Avenger's grown-up tastes frightening him; I have a feeling she'd be a prime candidate for the Hook for a Hand curse if her actions rubbed Saber the wrong way.

Blog Entries
    Thanks! I have two more classes in mind: Assassin and Caster. Didn't really see anyway to make a template for the remaining classes; Peter doesn't have any history using weapons other than swords - thus taking out Archer and Lancer - and I couldn't come up with anything interesting for Berserker. though now that I think of it, Avenger could maybe work, emphasizing Pan's hatred for grown-ups.

As for being a little evil, I'm basing things mostly around Barrie's original play/book versions- where he had originally wanted to make Pan the villain. In the book, Peter does some unsettling things, like letting the boys plummet towards the ocean and only saving them at the last moment - and you were never sure if he might whimsically decide to just let them die at some point.

And yeah, you have some fascinating Servant designs. It really would be interesting to see what the different versions of Pan think of them. I think she'd like Ada Muso especially; I sort of think Peter, with her poor memory, would keep mixing things up and calling her Tiger Lily. I think Peter would sort of get along with Steller, but things might turn to conflict eventually, as while both enjoy the wonder of new discoveries and adventures, Peter is careless about the things she "plays" with, while Steller doesn't want to hurt them. As for Neferuseth, I think that while Peter might like her as a "mother", things would end badly, with Avenger's grown-up tastes frightening him; I have a feeling she'd be a prime candidate for the Hook for a Hand curse if her actions rubbed Saber the wrong way.
    Thank you for your answers and i am curious how would Pan think of when she sees Ada transform in adult form for examplewise combat ? how do you actually find my three servants actually like also are you curious about how my Steller would be in other classes ? And please take a look at my Loki series i am curious about your opinion ?

With Ada's adult form, I think Pan might, with her hazy memory, dissociate the two versions of Ada and see them as separate people. But since adult Ada still doesn't embody the Western, "civilized" vision of maturity, I think Pan would still think she's okay as a grown-up.

I'll have to take a closer look at all the Servants, but they're pretty neat. I definitely would like to see Steller in other class forms; I really like his naturalist ideals and his relationship with Sirene. I admit, I hadn't imagined Loki working as a Lancer, but you managed to make it work out great; it would be interesting to see what other classes you can make him into, and how he'd change.

Blog Entries
    With Ada's adult form, I think Pan might, with her hazy memory, dissociate the two versions of Ada and see them as separate people. But since adult Ada still doesn't embody the Western, "civilized" vision of maturity, I think Pan would still think she's okay as a grown-up.

I'll have to take a closer look at all the Servants, but they're pretty neat. I definitely would like to see Steller in other class forms; I really like his naturalist ideals and his relationship with Sirene. I admit, I hadn't imagined Loki working as a Lancer, but you managed to make it work out great; it would be interesting to see what other classes you can make him into, and how he'd change.
    i think now that Adas adult form could Show Pan that there are also adults that are cool and perhaps could that ignite a sort of mental development in her .

Sbout Steller as Caster he has his Scholar aspect more emphased and use a sort of mixture of European Sorcery and Rusian - Inuit Shamanism as Magecraft type as he in my verseion has after the journey to the now called Aleuts researched the roots of the European cultures (=Pagan and animitic roots) aswell was he short time member of the Thaumaturgic side of the Russian Academy of Science ,inspired by the experiences with the Spirits beyond the pacific . and as noblephantasm has his first a oter effect in that he can summon more then one Giant seacow aswell will they have some more aspects i will at the Moment not explain or reveal .And his second Noblephantasm isnot Ship centred instead is it the Materialisation of the Ice Ocean and the mysterious Forests .

As Avenger he makes himself the cause for the Masss Slaughter of the Ocean Animals especially of the Whales ,the Sharks aswell the Sea cows and his first noblephantasm is not Sedna Sirenia instead one that let him summon the "oceanic victims of the Greed of Men" .

The King of Cinders Cursed by Fortuna's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Rider – Rostam

“Why does the grail give us that whole “are you my master” spiel anyways, is it just tradition or is it programmed into it? Anyways, hi I’m Rider, I'm here to see the world and experience what it’s like. Now do you have any books master? I wanna start catching up on current events.”

“Really wish I had some of my armor right now. Oh this armor, it’s not for battle, I use it for traveling around, the shield keeps the sun out of my eyes and the armor helps me keep up my strength not to mention it helps with sleeping on rough surfaces and not being mistaken for a regular traveler by bandits and villagers."

Equipment

Starts only with his standard armor, his horse, and his arrows, anything else he must gain due to his noble phantasm’s effects.

Rakhsh

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/517351075914894662/ Image Source
    https://www.deviantart.com/skye-fyre...khsh-104238666 Other Image Source
    https://www.deviantart.com/skye-fyre Image Author

The throne of Kāvus

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/F...ing_throne.jpg Image Source
    US Public domain, uploaded from Princeton University Library Collection “Ms.G 58”

The Mace/club of Nariman

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/a...3-a424008f7309 Image Source
    https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/a...and-appraisers Image Author

The Sepid bane

https://www.britishmuseum.org/collection/object/W_1932-0514-2 Image Source
    The British Museum (BM) Images https://www.britishmuseum.org Image Author

The White Helm

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/287878601159721881/ Image Source
    https://www.pinterest.com/nicoii/ Image Author

Babr-e Bayān

https://chroniclesofarn.fandom.com/w...agonhide_Armor Image Source
    https://chroniclesofarn.fandom.com/wiki/User:Maltharius Image Author

The Armor of Esfandiyār

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/639863059537910946/ Image Source
    https://www.pinterest.com/pngtree/ Image Author

The Chain of Zartosht

https://www.deviantart.com/moustafac...Light-61216450 Image Source
    https://www.deviantart.com/moustafachamli (Warning may have contain NSFW or unsettling images) Image Author

Arrows of the Simurgh

https://twitter.com/wesellswords/sta...58215690997761 Image Source
    https://twitter.com/WeSellSwords Image Author

Characteristics

Other Qualified Classes: Archer
    Eligible catalysts: His mace/club (or the head of it (lesser)), The hipbone of a horse dating back to the age of the gods from the Sistān area
    Height / Weight: 171 cm / 63 kg
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Home: Sistān (currently Iran and Afghanistan)
    Origin: Ancient Persian Mythology

Personal Information

Attribute: Earth
    Likes: Rakhsh, Horseback riding, Nature, traveling, meeting new people, experiencing new things
    Dislikes: Politics, staying in one place, His half brother
    Talents: Archery, Handling Animals, Fighting
    Natural Enemy: Zeus, Medb

Lore

From a young age Rostam was raised in the path of a warrior and he showed great promise, performing great feats like taking a castle, slaying a mad white elephant, and even laboring to perform 7 great quests. Always inquisitive and eager to learn and experience things, Rostam was a child who could be said to always get into trouble due to either his curiosity or his love of adventure. When he returned from his quests most believed he would settle down with his wife and child, and rule his kingdom as did his father. Except he did not, he was constantly journeying forth with his trusted steed, coming to and fro his kingdom, returning after having experienced new things, and leaving when he grew bored. In this manner despite his natural skill as a warrior, he simply was unsuited for kingship as his nature was that of a wanderer.

However his life was not to end happily, for in killing the warrior chosen by Zartosht out of a refusal to be bound or give up his pride he had earned Zartosht’s anger and a curse was set upon him. Slowly either by his actions, or Zartosht’s curse his life began to unravel and jealousy towards his deeds and fame grew. This fame which led to Rostam accidentally killing his own son would become his own downfall, in the form of his half brother. His half-brother, who greatly desired the throne and was envious of Rostam’s fame and power tricked and trapped Rostam, leading to he and his steed’s death, however before their final breath they managed to deal a killing blow to their murderer. But in the end it was for naught, and much as his son died, so too did Rostam and alongside him Rakhsh pass into the beyond from this trap.

Personality

Rostam is driven by his own desire for adventure and his wish to experience things, he is not the kind of warrior who gawks at hardship or struggle and would eagerly respond to situations which would drive fear into the hearts of others. In this respect he could be called mad as he would gleefully face a divine spirit simply to see what it was like. He hates doing things he finds boring or being bored, and moreover he dislikes being stopped from doing what he wants and to this end politics are boring to him.

Perhaps this can be linked to being less of a human in mindset and more something similar to an infant elemental, a creature of the world who is eager to take in and learn of the world and acts as a sensory organ taking in information. However, much like a child Rostam is very able to get bored of the same things, and the same sensations, as a result, he is constantly eager to go and do new things, if not to have fun then to simply experience what they are like. To this end Rostam desires to experience many things to learn of the world, fighting those he meets to learn of them and their abilities, allowing bad experiences to be remembered as to give context to the good, and collecting good memories as treasures of his journey.

However much like a child Rostram can often get into trouble by either his curiosity and desire to experience new things causing him to make problems, making people consider him a foe or a danger, or angering others (by being insensitive or lacking tact at critical moments). In this way Rostam is a servant who despite his power is hard to control and use, and would cause great difficulty to both his master and the administrator of the grail war itself to keep in check. Also due to his own interests and curiosity he can come off as hotheaded, a motor mouth, an airhead, and be quite insensitive, but he means well (generally). However if pushed for a very long time or on certain matters it is possible, albeit difficult to actually anger Rider.

Relationships

Cu Chulainn: Who are you? And why is your story so similar to mine? I say this calls for a fight.
    Gilgamesh: So that gate of yours, does it have a list or something, I mean how do you get something you want from it, do you just do it or do you have to know its location inside the gate? If so then is the gate technically a pocket dimension, and does it really have everything in it from the start or is it made to expand to include anything you don’t have already in it? Wait if the gate is a pocket dimension, why didn’t you throw the Beast of the cedar forest or the Bull of Heaven in there? I mean creatures that are powerful, aren’t they treasures in their own right, I mean some people mount skins or taxidermied versions of their prey, but if you have a pocket denison why not just store the whole creature inside? I mean you could just not even bother fighting people and unleash them on whoever gets in your way.

Enkidu: So, then you’re magic shapeshifting clay right, does that mean you can become a vase, or a bird, or a dragon? If you become a dragon do you get a dragon’s core to go with it? And does the whole sentient shapeshifting clay thing apply only to you, or does it work if you cut yourself in two? Can you become a hive mind of magic clay people? And Gaia, what’s she like, is she like the greek’s said or is it different? Wait, if you can turn into animals and understand them and people, doesn’t that technically mean you speak the unified language, does that mean technically the unified language is something that is programmed into your language abilities, by the gods?
    Alfostro: Is that a Hippogriff? So does that make it a bird or a mammal? Does it lay eggs or birth young? Does it speak bird or horse as a result? And did you really go to the moon and meet a rabbit there? If so, then how’d you breathe in space? And does that mean there is mana in space? Where does it come from then? And the moon, were vampires there? According to the master, vampires came from the moon. Does that mean the rabbits are really vampires? If vampires on earth turn into bats, then can vampires in space turn into rabbits? If so then are all rabbits technically the descendents of vampires in space along with all vampires on earth, does that mean rabbits are cousins to vampires?

The Argonauts: So did you really fight a giant bronze man and have him kill himself by pulling a bolt from his own vein? Also what was it like on a boat travelling together? And why are you called the argonauts? What is an argonaut? Is it like an aeronaut, except with the sea? If so, wouldn’t that just make you all sailors then? And did you really have Medea cut up people into pieces and put them back together, and fight the population of and Island?
    Meleager: So that wood is your soul right, then if it burned how’d you end up in the underworld? Wouldn’t you just be ash as you have no soul left? And the boar was what that like? I mean so many people hunted it, I once tried to throw a party with a bunch of people and that was chaotic, I wonder what it must have been like scheduling it? Did you have to send messages by bird or something, and wait for a reply letter? And did you reallys serve wine to Ares the war god? And did Ares train you or just give you the armor? By the way are you gonna marry Atalanta? I mean technically if she’s summoned she’s fair game, just wondering? If so then does that mean you’ll hunt a boar in celebration of the wedding?

Vald Tepes: Impaling, yeah I’ve done it once or twice, not a pleasant experience I’d say. You’re stuck flailing around and unless it goes through some needed organs it’s pretty slow considering the wound is mostly obstructed by the spike. By the way, don’t you have a book written about you? I’ve been wondering about your opinion, I’d like to give it a read sometime.
    Nero: Huh, well that ranks as certainly a memorable experience master, I wondered what it’s like to hear someone sing really badly. Well it seems fairly unpleasant to me, I wonder if that fire was an accident or they wanted to end it all? Anyways is she really bad? She’s eccentric, but I’d say she’s no worse than me really. I wonder why the Christans hate her so much? You’d figure they’d hate those other guys more, Diocletian and the like, with all the stripping of human rights and purges and stuff. And isn’t she supposed to be a Rider servant? She seems more comfortable with a chariot than that sword. I wonder if it’s really made of a meteorite? If it is then does that make it a weapon outside human origin, or does it’s history as being used by humanity make it human?

Leonardo da Vinci: Da Vinci, I think I remember that name, yeah right didn’t you and Macheavelli plan to try and divert the Arno river away from Pisa during the 1st decade of the 1500s? I think you were a pretty good engineer, I remember that at least. What’s with all the books on anatomy, art, and flight? And when did you learn to be a mage anyways? Did you study in your spare time after getting summoned?
    Minamoto no Raikou: So wait, let me get this straight, you’re part human, part oni, and part god all at once. Is there even a name for that? I mean would it be demi- divine oni or something, can an oni even be a god? I mean I guess there's that snake dragon thing, so maybe? Anyways, you’ve got to tell me what it’s like to the east, I’ve heard all kinds of stories. Are there really 8 million gods? Are there really giant mountain centipedes? And your friends, what were they like? I know they were strong, but I wanna know the story behind how you met. Also do you have any tea? I’ve wanted to try some for a while?

Parameters:
    Strength – B (A due to Rakhsh’s effects)
    Endurance – B
    (A due to Rakhsh’s effects)
    Agility – C
    (B on a mount)
    Mana – B
    Luck – D
    (partly due to events in his life and also due to a curse bestowed upon him after killing Esfandiyār)
    Noble Phantasm – EX

Class Skills

Riding [A+]- All vehicles and animals including phantasmal and divine beast can be ridden except dragon-kind.

Magic resistance [C]- Cancels spells less than 2 verses, offers no protection from high thaumaturgy and greater rituals.

Personal Skills

Protection of the Faith [B]- Grants the ability to protect against mental interference and break illusions based upon mental interference.

Battle Continuation [B]- Rider was able to survive grievous wounds inflicted by arrows until healed and was able to remain alive long enough to exact revenge upon his brother on his last breath.

Wandering child of the Earth [A]- A unique skill which denotes Rider’s status as one who was raised and blessed by the Simurgh, bonded with a beast of the earth,and who wandered the land, encountering many creatures and taking in the wonders of the land. This allows Rider to naturally have a sort of instinct when it comes to animals, this isn’t at the level of animal communication where he is able to commune with them, but he can sense their location, and feel their reasoning and intent. This also makes it so most animals won’t attack him, but the likes of phantasmal or divine beasts (or even strong monstrous beasts) are unaffected by this.

Charisma [B-]- A combination skill which denotes natural charisma and a talent for leadership, this skill increases the abilities of allies in battle. Increases morale and skill of leading armies at this level one can lead a nation as king/queen. However due to not having the mentality of a king any increases in power from this skill are offset by his own inability to lead causing a decrease in morale, and moreover he is likely to shunt the role of leadership off to someone else.

Noble Phantasms

Rakhsh, the heroes’ eternal companion – B+
    The mount of Rider a horse with the strength of an elephant (has physical abilities on par with an average level servant (C in strength and endurance, B in agility)), humanlike intellect, and unbending loyalty. When working alongside Rider (rather than deployed separately (more than 100 feet apart), Rider and Rakhsh’s Strength and Endurance parameters rise by 1 rank.

Due to a blessing upon it Rakhsh’s life will not end until Rider himself dies (however if he is harmed or “killed” he will de-manifest and have to be summoned again and this will drain Rider’s master’s mana). Also of note is that Rakhsh is very intelligent and can and will act on his own at times, should Rider’s life be in jeopardy (whether Rider is aware of the current danger or not), so long as Rakhsh (who has superior senses to Rider) notices it, he can and will forcefully summon himself to protect Rider even at the cost of allowing himself to be injured (note that this cannot happen if Rider’s master and rider lack the energy to allow it).
    Anti-Unit
    1 person

The armaments of the Hero, the gifts born of 7 labors – C to A
    Offers a series of 7 noble phantasms Rider is able to utilize, with each one corresponding to a labor Rider completed in life. Although only 1 can be used at any given time (though they can be used alongside Rakhsah, and if destroyed they aren’t usable again until repaired. This task being difficult as it must be done manually and is rather difficult to do for most magi due to the materials needed and the mystery in the objects overpowering their own (although it would be easier for caster class servants).

However, these two restrictions aside the 3rd and final restriction on these items makes their use rather difficult to achieve, namely as Rider is one of the first cases of the Hero's Journey and the inspiration behind a certain hound in Ireland, he must do a noteworthy deed in order to earn the use of a noble phantasm (he initially starts with 0 from this skill), and can only use them once against any given foe he faces (and even then they are at a higher mana cost than normal).

The deed he must do to earn a noble phantasm by use of this noble phantasm varies, but at minimum it can be nothing less than “something worthy of song and praise” such as felling a phantasmal beast, facing and defeating a mighty foe (like a dead apostle, or another servant at least as strong as knight class foe), outsmarting or surviving a hopeless scenario (living through an instant death attack), risking death for the sake of another, etc. (these cannot be cheated with the use of a command seal or one of his 3 arrows). Even then the noble phantasm he gets as a result of it is randomly drawn from the 7 within, of which he notes that 3 of the 7 he finds fairly useless and another 3 are fairly situational for their best effects.

The throne of Kāvus (click for full text)The throne of Kāvus – C
    A noble phantasm Rider recovered after rescuing the Shah of Iran when he rode this craft to China and then crashed. The throne allows for A level movement throughout the sky, however the vehicle can only be used for so long at any one time, or the eagles which propel it will get tired and the speed will dramatically slow or if too long, cause it to crash into the ground. Also of note is that if the eagles are killed (they are monstrous beasts, but they still are rather vulnerable to servant’s attacks) then the throne cannot continue flying on its own and will crash.
    Anti-unit (self)
    1 person

The Mace/club of Nariman (click for full text)The Mace/club of Nariman, The death of the mad – C++
    A noble phantasm which takes the form of a mace/club with a stone head, whose power and weight increases with the max being just over 2000 kg. The difference between this weapon and a certain valkyrie’s spear is that while that spear draws strength from feelings of love which are said to overcome evil, this mace draws power from the bravery of men, the small to stand against the great, and the will of people to stand and fight, however fruitlessly against evil and insanity of this world.

As such it derives strength not only from the scope of the conflict or the nature of one’s feelings but how powerful is Rider compared to his foe (in terms of the amount of destruction and damage his foe can inflict), how large is he compared to his foe (physical size difference), if his foe is insane and evil (insane and evil from the eyes of the human collective unconsciousness). In general as a result this attack is rather lacking against human foes as they often don’t have enough of a size difference to be notable, or enough of a physical ability difference to make a difference, and even then their destructive ability may not exceed riders own nor may their mindset be inhuman enough to qualify for a bonus.

But against the likes of a rampaging beast or mad god, whose reasoning lies far outside humanity’s own, and whose size, destructive ability, and strength far exceed Rider’s own then in such a hopeless fight this mace’s power would shine at its greatest. In that fight it would boast a power just below that of an A+ rank noble phantasm and would truly be a mighty manifestation of its nature of the mystery of an underdog, able to even topple the likes of a divine beast. But at the same time this would cost a large amount of mana being the truest form of a final assault and the costs of this attack not being enough would almost certainly spell death for Rider.

This weapon and a certain valkyries spear are noted to both be of great power and seem to have root in a deeper and older mystery. The legend of the underdog, and the ability to derive strength from the feelings and convictions in one’s heart seem common between the two, this combined with their similar effects imply a common prototype, which they differ from in terms of how they achieve the same effect. Perhaps the answer to where their prototype exists lies in the nature of the idea of an underdog itself, it was said that the giant of Cedar forest, one tall enough to reach the heavens was felled by two mere mortals. So perhaps much like Zues felled Typhoon or Lugh felled Balor, it is a case of a warrior hopelessly facing off against a force of nature who exists beyond what could be considered human as the origin of the concept of the underdog. In that case perhaps that giant and shepherd have something to do with it.
    Anti-Unit, Anti-beast
    1 person

The Sepid bane (click for full text)The Sepid bane, the blessed dagger – D+
    A blade/dagger that despite only being used a handful of times by Rider fairly significant power, particularly against those of an evil nature or demon/daemons/evil beasts (must be intelligent/sentient enough to recognize what they’re doing as evil) due to it being used to kill the Div-e Sepid, Arzhang Div, a dragon working with both of them, and a daemon associating with both, has anti-demon properties.
    Anti-Unit, Anti-demon
    1 person

The White Helm (click for full text)The White Helm, the beasts’ rule – C-
    A helm which grants its user knowledge and the ability to utilize necromancy, summoning, familiar creation, and curses at the level of a highly skilled mage or a weak caster servant, at the cost of lowering the user’s luck and physical attributes by 1 rank when in use or while they have familiars or curses active.
    Anti-Unit(self)
    1 person

Babr-e Bayān (click for full text)Babr-e Bayān, the warrior’s guard – A
    A set of 3 layered armor, carved from the skin of a dragon Rider slayed, this armor protects and nullifies against fire, water, and weapon based attacks less than A rank (excluding noble phantasms), unless they have a dragon slaying aspect to them, in which it’s effect is lower to only a B rank protection from said attacks. However, this armor offers no protection to projectile based attacks not based on fire or water, nor can protect against traps, or unarmed attacks.
    Anti-Unit(self) (continuously active when summoned)
    1 person

The Armor of Esfandiyār (click for full text)The Armor of Esfandiyār, the gift of the chosen – A
    An armor crafted by the gods which grants innate divine protection (rank B) from harm from those without divinity (equal to rank C) or equally powerful divine protection. Even if someone using this armor is harmed the attacker will suffer a lingering decrease in their luck parameter in the form of a lingering curse upon them. If someone were to kill a person while wearing this armor, their luck would lower to E and a curse would beset them leading towards them and their allies' deaths through misfortune. However in return the armor actually doesn’t have much defensive power save the ability to negate attacks from those without divinity or divine protection or power for a price of mana.
    Anti-Unit (self) (continuously active when summoned)
    1 person

The Chain of Zartosht (click for full text)The Chain of Zartosht, the great shackles binding the earth – B+
    A mystical chain that is able to bind beings and drains energy from them to strengthen itself, the more magical energy the target has the stronger the chain becomes. In the case of binding beings like phantasmal beasts, demons, or mages this chain could be considered an inescapable prison. However using magic which allows for the distortion of space or against targets of enormous size, strength, or little magic compared to their strength it could be broken and escaped from.
    Anti-Unit
    1 person

Anti-unit (self) (this is technically for The armaments of the Hero which gives him his other noble phantasms through its effect, the individual noble phantasms gained through this vary)
    1 person

Arrows of the Simurgh, a prayer upon the heavens – EX
    A noble phantasm which takes the form of 3 arrows (although the truly important part is the feathered fletching of the arrows) that when utilized nullifies all forms of divine protection less than A rank (including those that take the form of noble phantasms like Heracles and Achilles’ invulnerability) bestowed upon an individual, allowing them to be harmed. Alternatively, by burning one of the 3 arrows, Rider can summon the Simurgh and ask it a boon, but this is limited in that he cannot ask for the same boon twice. Rider can also only use this noble phantasm 3 times, after which he can no longer utilize it and it cannot be used if any other noble phantasm of Rider’s is active.

These boons vary from asking the Simurgh (a divine beast able to control fire and wind) to fight against foes (which it will until it is beaten), asking for knowledge (which can grant intimate knowledge about foes and their legends, identity, strengths, and weaknesses), or even the Simurgh’s tears (which as a subspecies of the phoenix can heal almost any injury (save those cursed to not heal due to how they were inflicted), cure any poison/venom below the level of a phantasmal beast (in which case it could still mitigate or weaken it), and when used briefly after death it can revive a person back to life at the cost of a large amount of mana (although this obviously doesn’t work if there is no body to use the tears on, so fire, heat, light, or strong enough physical attacks which rip a person to countless pieces or burn the body will prevent this from working)).
    Varies (Anti-Unit, Anti-Unit (self), Anti-Wisdom, Anti-Army)
    1 to 300 people

Dev notes

So I also went for a stronger servant here, Rostam is one of the older servant sheets I made, but I decided to spruce it up a little over time, The first major drawback I decided to give him was that although he may have a large amount of noble phantasms he has no anti-army or multi targeting techniques aside from curses used when using the helm of the white-dev (but those would not be considered on par with a proper anti-army noble phantasm on their own, at best they would be maybe a B rank (non-noble phantasm (D in terms of noble phantasms rankings)) magical attack on a semi-large group of 10 to 25 people maximum, medea he is clearly not). This in terms of practical use makes him very powerful in terms of one vs one or even one vs two or three, but would make him unable to deal with having to take out a large number of skilled foes.

Another nerf I gave to him is that although he does like gilgamesh have a noble phantasm which gives him other noble phantasms (or True Archer from strange fake), he doesn’t start with them, and there are restrictions on them. The only noble phantasm he can use a lot of his noble phantasm with is his horse (which in the case of his arrows, this doesn’t apply, and for his throne this also doesn’t apply, and in the case of his dagger or mace it may not be practical (as even if he isn’t riding his horse, but it is still near enough to empower him, that means he has to worry about it getting hurt too bad (despite being smarter than your normal horse against heroic spirits it still would be in danger from a noble phantasm or powerful spell, and could be tricked) to de-manifest and then lose his buff or safety net (although he dislikes thinking of his steed like this*)). In truth the best noble phantasms to use with his horse would be his helm for ranged spellcasting, either of his armors, or his chains (much more situational).

*Ignoring that the buff to his strength makes using his mace at its strongest even harder, as the relative strength difference between him and his foe goes down.

This combined with his already higher than normal mana cost (he needs both him and his horse active to be at full power) makes him a problematic servant to use fully as with both him, his horse, and another technique all active at once the mana drain is rather high. Another mitigating factor is that a lot of his noble phantasms have restrictions on them, beyond just what they can’t be used in combination with. 7 of them need to be earned and even then, 1 noble phantasm is a worse version of Medea’s flight spell (or by some metrics better (speed), but has a time limit and has steeds which if killed make it useless), 1 is functionally a personal skill in magecraft in a can, but lowers his physical abilities and luck while in use or while one of it’s curses or familiars are around, 1 is a set of armor which if broken makes the wounds he receives more likely to be lethal (although it does offer fairly solid protection otherwise), his dagger is rather weak unless you are using it against specific foes (same with his mace, but a little better on that end).

Even ignoring that, his chains also need to be used against specific foes for their best effect, and his famous armor has a hole in it’s protection which a cunning foe or master could exploit (as does the other armor he has). As for getting those 7 noble phantasms, he has to earn them by doing things worthy of note (and no he can’t collab with others to create fake trials to get them, that doesn’t work), and what he gets is a random drop of the 7, he could get his mace, or armor, or he could get a helmet. Beyond that he can only use each technique 1 time against a foe, if he used his helmet once against a group of people and they live, he cannot use it against any of them.

Even his arrows don’t let him wish for the same thing twice and can’t even be used with his horse active, meaning he has to open himself up for attack to use it and it only works three times (and isn’t near omnipotent like the grail). Arguably the most reliable noble phantasm he has is his horse one of the three he starts with (the others being his arrows and the ability to gain his other 7), which cannot die, can take a lethal blow for him, and powers him up when nearby or while he is riding it. I also made sure that on the resurrection thing (which I was hesitant to put it, but threw in as immense healing abilities are part of the lore and the Phoenix is a symbol of rebirth), that there were caveats to using it (both in a way more and less severe than Asclepius’ own limits on his own resurrection abilities (one being shortly after death like Riders, the other having a lot more rules and requirements to it)

With his personality at first I was going to go for a no nonsense warrior, but then I thought up a better idea, full disclosure this servant idea comes from an idea of an alternate version of the Fate Apocrypha grail war with Rostram as Rider of Red. However since it was Apocrypha, I thought what if the rather powerful servant working for the red faction who are no nonsense mages turned out to be rather different than expected. So I took the aspects of Achilles wanting to fight others, and added in the childlike wonder of exploring (Rostram’s 7 tasks is much the same as a quest and part of a quest in my mind is going to strange places and seeing strange things), the simple joy of having an animal companion (as having done horseback riding for a year or two when I was younger it can be fairly therapeutic and relaxing), and the idea of someone who doesn’t want to be tied down.

Essentially what you get as a result is someone who one day could be enthralled by this one subject, and the next day be bored with it, who despite caring about his kingdom, wants to live his own life and experience many things both good and bad. If he were in the grail war much like Alfostro (or to a degree Enkidu and Voyager) I can imagine Ruler having to be summoned just to keep him in line from causing a mess and revealing the war, for him the war would be as much about meeting new people, which based on his own teachings by his father (the best way to get to know someone is to fight them) and the grail war is an excuse to experience other legends, see other noble phantasms, meet other people, and see the modern world. For him the experience of being a servant would be just as much a reward as the grail itself.

In regards to him being childlike, whole I say he hates his half brother, it’s not hate like we understand it, he’s angry his half brother killed his son yes, he is actually angry about that and his friend/surrogate brother/horse (yes I’m serious the dude in this world adopted the horse (at least my version of Rostram did) as his own brother, and even wanted to have a marriage when he found a mare his horse mated with (mostly because people told him that you don’t marry horses or adopt horses as blood siblings, and he wanted to know what a horse’s marriage would be like and he actually considered Rakhsh to be his brother in all but blood, (he also claims to be able to understand what he’s saying))) getting killed.

But aside from that the other reason he’s angry isn’t that he was murdered, it’s that him dying meant he no longer could experience new things, and according to him the throne of heroes is “Like the world’s most boring waiting room” where he can’t even meet other heroes. As such his anger towards dying at his half-brother’s hands is more like a child pouting at being denied sweets or having their toys taken away and being told it’s time for bed. If he had a wish Rider would probably at least wish for something which would let him live again to experience the world more with Rakhsh (similar to Rider from Fate-zero, but minus the wanting to relive his legend as he has no qualms with how it ended accepting it for what it is), although the circumstances around how may differ on how he does this (maybe becoming his master’s family or child in the future, maybe wishing to incarnate, maybe wishing to be allowed to stay his master’s servant even after the war).

Overall I think I may have finally (as I was tweaking him for some time) managed to nail down the sense very powerful, but very brittle, like I wanted (I was going for an approach where it’s clear the guy is strong and troublesome, but he has weaknesses which can be exploited). Plus to give you an idea of how hard it would be to get all 7 of his noble phantasm with the second taking the 4th grail war and Arturia as an example, the battle at the docks and all that jazz would be worth 1, the next event worth a noble phantasm would be killing caster’s beast, so that’s 2, the next one would be the mabe her fight with Rider (maybe fringe case on it that would or wouldn’t count as Rider was handicapped with his master not being able to supply him), Lancelot might also count, but he died due to his master dying beforehand and so she didn’t really earn it so that’s a fringe case (leaning towards the No side of things as she didn’t do anything to survive it was pure luck and timing that she lived through that), the next surefire thing would would be the final events of the grail with Gilgamesh 3 (where she is made to try to destroy the grail).

Even counting for the 2 fringe cases, that only gives 5 examples of note (that I can recall) where Saber (fate Zero) could have qualified to earn a noble phantasm under this system, as a result suffice to say that in a normal grail war Rider wouldn't be getting all 7, he probably wouldn’t even get 5. And it’s a random pull on 7 noble phantasms of varying quality and usefulness, and he has to be put into harm’s way, using up mana to earn any of them (and potentially wasting the chance to get one if he uses an arrow which invalidates that trial). Suffice to say he is a powerful servant, but you will probably never see him with all 9 noble phantasms accessible to him at once (unless you work at a place called Chaldea, wherein he would likely fit in very well getting into all kinds of Shenanigans with his master). Also the joke with Da Vinci is that he is actually right, that is something she and Machievvali planned in 1503, and he knows her better for that and her engineering rather than anything else.

Author’s note

Well back from my Vacation, and back feeling refreshed, A bit of an older sheet here which I spruced up and finished.

On that note RoydGolden, I’m really actually curious on what you’re opinion of the whole The Armaments of the Hero, the gifts born of 7 labors thing is as I know you’ve gone on record not like True Archer from strange fake for him having too many Noble Phantasms. Personally I think I may have started a little into that territory, but I think I may have put enough restrictions on it that it doesn’t become an instant win button (that was partly the challenge for me, I wanted to make a servant who has a lot of noble phantasms, but also make it seem like he is limited in that respect, and doesn’t have instant access to them (heads or tails if that worked though)), but that could just be me. IDK, still interested in what you think.

I probably am not going to do this kind of a servant all too often though as it was a bit hard to balance and write in my mind. Not to mention in all fairness I don’t really dig that bit about Fate strange fake (or for that matter Typemoon in general) giving a bunch of Noble Phantasms to signify power either, as in general I feel the whole give a servant 50 noble phantasms to show how strong they are is a bit of a cop out from a wiring perspective. This is by no means a condemnation to those who can do this well, if you can, more power to you, it’s just I feel that kinda makes Personal skills and Class skills a little less meaningful (some skills at high enough ranks and those like mana burst can give power equal to a Noble Phantasm (see Mephistopheles' Witchcraft, Riders’ eyes, or Holmes’ martial arts as a few examples)).

In general I feel that fate strange fake seems to forget that what makes a servant as strong as they are isn’t always wholly up to a noble phantasm. This is why I take umbrage with the whole “summoning a servant is the same as summoning a noble phantasm” line of thought they give to justify why the troops of the police chief having noble phantasms could make them potentially a game changer in the grail war (Which to be fair it kinda is, but that doesn't automatically mean they could match servants without other things to even the odds).

Overall to give an example why I think more noble phantasms don’t always equal strength, Heracles has 1 noble phantasm as Berserker, and he is absurdly strong. Saber from fate strange fake only has 2 noble phantasms yet some of his personal skills are so good they may as well be noble phantasms, Arjuna has only 2 noble phantasms as an Archer, Chiron has only 1 as an archer, Gawain only has 1 noble pahnatsm as a Saber, and Saver from fate Extra only has 2 Noble Phantasms and is considered a servant so powerful he may as well be a top servant with one of his personal skills (although I don’t think he has been confirmed as such).

Also I have noticed as of late that I am doing a lot of basing noble phantasms and such off other abilities and noble phantasms, or at least tying them in lore wise with other Noble phantasms. I’m not exactly sure if that's a good or bad thing, but I noticed it and wondered what your/anyone else’s thoughts on it are. As always if you have any questions I will try to get back to them as quick as I can. Next I think it’s long overdue I get out a certain Lancer, and then a Saber I’ve been working on. As always if you have any questions or comments, leave a reply or send me a message I will get back to them as soon as I can.
    May the Holy Grail War begin.
    Destruction
    Salvation
    Begins
    Awaits

Behold, The Halls of the Lost Souls lies before you

Blog Entries
    I don't recall outright saying I disliked Alceides for his number of NPs, just that it was an irregularity and shouldn't be used as an example for other Servants with similar feats (given he only got that from being corrupted by the Grail and losing his normal "proof of completing the Twelve Labors"- God Hand).

In any case I feel like your Rostam's case is pulled off well enough, with the limitation that he can only use an NP after completing a "heroic deed" doing well to keep it from being overpowered.

The King of Cinders Cursed by Fortuna's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sorry about that RoydGolden, I didn't mean to put words in your mouth. I must have missed that bit (or gotten it confused for something or someone else), either way thanks for the feedback, I am curious as to what you think on the whole me tying my servants NP's into other servant's history and lore. It's something I've noticed as of late with my sheets, and I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad one on my end.
    May the Holy Grail War begin.
    Destruction
    Salvation
    Begins
    Awaits

Behold, The Halls of the Lost Souls lies before you

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Caster of Internal Alchemy

"Hey, Master, wanna live forever?"

Class: Caster
    Alignment: Chaotic/Neutral
    Region: China
    Height: 136cm
    Weight: 40kg
    Dislikes: Distrustiful people, grains, her current form
    Talent: Alchemy, lying
    Armaments: fan, furnace
    Natural Enemy: Xu Fu

Stats

Str: E
    End: C
    Agi: D
    Mna: A
    Lck: B
    NP: B

Skills

Class Skills

Item Construction(EX): Caster has numerous anecdotes as a legendary alchemist who manufactures magical items, acquiring this Skill at EX Rank as a result. With this level, one can create a variety of tools, objects and so, like a Mana Converting Furnace, Curse Warding Talisman, or even an elixir that grants temporary immortality.

Territory Creation(B): At this level, the creation of a Workshop in which she can efficiently produce his items becomes possible.

Personal Skills

Natural body(Artificial)(A): The possession of a perfect body as a living being, but who was acquired through Artificial means. As a Xian, Caster has possession of an "immortal and unchanging body" who is not affected by age or illness. This skill also doubles as Battle Continuation at the same rank.

Familiar(Shiwu)(B): The Skill to summon and control heavenly spirits. These spirits have low combat capabilities but excel in other areas such as ritual preparations and spying. The number of familiars that can be engaged at one time is determined by the Master's Mana Capacity

Inner Alchemy(B): A type of Alchemy that diverges from the norm by focusing on Transmuting the practitioner's inner world instead of the outer world. It grants Caster the ability to, with some proper preparation, Boost his stats temporary by up to two ranks. As it requires a proper ritual and materials, it is not something that can be done willy nilly.

Noble Phantasm

Biographies of Divine Transcendence
    Shenxian Zhuan

A Noble Phantasm representing the legends about Immortality that have surrounded Caster. its name comes from a hagiography of immortals and description of Chinese gods, which describes Caster as such.
    It will activate at the exact moment that she receives a fatal. When it does so, All the damage Caster has received across the fight will be instantly healed, and she will be able to immediately escape from further combat and reach a safe haven.
    This is a one-time-only use Noble Phantasm. After the first activation, it's effect will become sealed until the end of the Holy Grail War. However, Caster's Master may choose to spend a Command Seal to restore this Noble Phantasm's use, if he so desires.
    Originally, this Noble Phantasm was a Great Ritual from the Age of Gods which was designed to gift Eternal life and to allow the user to become an existence similar to a Divine Spirit, but it seems that Caster lacks the knowledge to use it like that, and some powerful force is deliberately withholding it from her.

Background

Caster's identity is that of Li Shaojun, a fangshi, reputed xian and retainer of Emperor Wu of Han. In the early history of Chinese waidan(External Alchemy), Caster is the only fangshi whose role is documented by both historical (for instance, Shiji) and alchemical (Baopuzi) sources.
    Caster has fame as the earliest known Chinese alchemist. She appears before the Emperor when he is torn between two factions: the fangshi, who maintained that Wu should emulate the Yellow Emperor and obtain immortality through performing the rituals, and the Confucianist court officials, who suggested that the emperor should only express gratitude to Heaven and Earth.
    Caster claims to have learned from the Immortal Anqi Sheng, and directs the Emperor to perform from Cizao(sacrifice to the furnace/stove) and Gudao(the Way of avoiding grains, aka bigu, Daoist grain avoidance) as methods to attain longevity/immortality. The legend goes then that, having obtained imperial patronage to purchase the expensive alchemical ingredients, Li prepared the immortality elixir for himself, feigned illness, and performed Shijie (liberation by means of a simulated corpse)to escape from not only from death but also from his demanding patron. However, in reality, it seems Caster never managed to reach Immortality.
    The youthful form in which she is summoned greatly differs from the one Caster had when alive, and it seems that she was Cursed with it by a powerful entity, but she refuses to divulge any further information.

personality

Caster is a trickster and a liar, a specialist at saying what others want to hear. Her nature is a greedy one, and she will act on in her self interest most of the time.
    It's not that she is evil, but Caster is definitely selfish to a fault. While she will not go out of her to cause harm to others, Caster will not think twice about causing great amounts of pain to someone else if she thinks she can gain something from it.
    In Caster's own opinion, her ideal Master would be a clueless guy who believes in everything she says and follows her every command, but it's very likely that in a situation like that, she would just get herself killed by going too far and messing with opponents outside her range of capabilities. In true, Caster's ideal master is someone who could accept her selfish persona while not being fooled by it and is capable of reining her in when she starts getting too excited.
    On an extra note, do not mention her appearance, especially her height. She is quite sensitive about that.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Class:
    Saber
    Identity: Julie d’Aubigny
    Source: Historical fact
    Origin: France
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Height: 161 cm
    Weight: 48 kg

Parameters:
    Strength: D
    Endurance: D
    Agility: B
    Mana: C
    Luck: B
    NP: C

Skills
    Class skills

Magic Resistance: C
    An unbefitting rank for a Saber.
    Cancels spells with a chant of two verses or lower.
    ---
    [Increase own debuff resistance (15%).]

Riding: B
    Thanks to her Better than You at Everything skill, Julie can steer any vehicle and mount any normal creature with the same degree of skill as an expert.
    ---
    [Increase own Quick effectiveness (8%).]

Personal skills

Loveable Scumbag: A
    A charismatic nature outside the norm that isn’t fit for leadership, but rather for being admired. Julie’s conduit was far from being a role model of good behavior, but even so everyone idolized her and was amused with her actions. She was just so charming that she avoided two death sentences because the king enjoyed her actions.
    Repels grudges and prevents punishment to the point that it’s practically impossible to hate her no matter what she does. The kind of girl that could say “Oopsie whoopsie, I screwed up again. I’m so clumsy, teehee~ whenever she does anything wrong and would be immediately forgiven.
    ---
    [Apply debuff immunity to self (2 times, 3 turns).]
    [Give Evasion to self (2 times, 3 turns).]

Better than You at Everything: B
    A superhuman learning capacity summed to a prodigious talent. Basically, if Julie puts her mind into it, there’s nothing she can do, and she does everything at the level of an expert. She’ll kick every fencer’s ass, make you cry with her songs, and bang your couple like you could never hope to do, with no effort at all. The only real disadvantage is that this skill only applies to things Julie actually wants to do, and only if she wants them to do at the moment. Even if she already mastered an ability, if she doesn’t want to make use of it, she will be as good as a newbie.
    Needless to say, even though this skill allows to learn several talents, it doesn’t grant access to a repertoire of skills as vast as Imperial Privilege.
    ---
    [Increase own NP gain (20 – 30%) for 3 turns.]
    [Increase own critical star generation rate (20 – 30%) for 3 turns.]
    [Increase own Buster card star absorption rate (200 – 300%) for 3 turns.]

Quirky and Random: EX
    Unpredictability and recklessness beyond common sense. Hare-brained ideas that Julie will perform as soon as she comes up with them, and that may harm enemies, allies, or even herself.
    From dressing her mistress’ head with turnips to burning down a convent to suddenly stabbing herself with a dagger, nobody can fathom the destructiveness of her next action, hence the rank EX.
    ---
    [Gain (5 – 10) critical stars every turn for 5 turns.]
    [Grant Confusion status to all enemies for 5 turns: (30 – 50%) chance to seal their skills for 1 turn every turn that ignores debuff resistance and debuff success rate.]
    [Grant Confusion status to all allies for 5 turns: (30 – 50%) chance to seal their skills for 1 turn every turn that ignores debuff resistance and debuff success rate. (Demerit).]

Noble Phantasm

Tout pour l’amour, l’amour pour tout
    All for love, and love for all

[Grant Guts (2,000 HP) to self for 1 time, 3 turns.]
    [Increase own defense (10 – 30%) for 3 turns.]
    Overcharge: [Increase own critical strength (40 – 80%) for 3 turns.]

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1~5
    Maximum number of targets: 1 person

Julie d’Aubigny was a free spirit that wasn’t bound by any type of rules, yet there was a main motivation for everything she did, and that was love. She fought for love, stole for love, destroyed for love, and obviously killed for love. And in return, she became a figure loved by many, in spite of her felonies. No matter where she goes, love is sure to follow, either shared by her or given to her. And since they say love is the greatest power that moves people, a girl that is fueled solely by it like Julie could potentially become unstoppable.

Julie’s strength is determined by how much she is loved by the masses, in other words, by her popularity. In order to make use of this Noble Phantasm, she needs to make herself known by ordinary people for her actions. It goes against the basic principle of preserving Mystery, but it’s compensated by not needing to reveal her True Name. As long as she is loved by people, she will collect their love and strengthen herself. Her power rises accordingly to the gathered love, as a sort of Fame boost, but she can willingly consume part of it to further increase her power momentarily as well.

But Julie wasn’t just on the receiving end in terms of affection. She also gave her love to many others, men and women alike. Therefore, it’s possible to transfer the power she has gained like this to other people, at the cost of weakening herself. Given her anecdote in which she fell in love with a nobleman after defeating him in a duel, it isn’t unlikely that she actually tries to use this property on an enemy to save their lives.

Character
    Personality

A hedonistic daredevil with a cheeky smile that does whatever she wants, whenever she wants, and because she wants, regardless of her surroundings. She always does dangerous stuff that may put everyone’s lives in danger, including her own, without thinking about the consequences. Picking up a fight with a random civilian and killing them isn’t excluded, much to everyone’s dismay. Yet for some reason, no matter what she does, she always does it so charmingly that nobody can afford to hate her. This incomprehensible appeal makes it so difficult to hate her that she could possibly ruin a whole country and everybody would clap.

Julie may be too self-centered, but when it comes to love, she devotes her entire self. Everything she has done, she claims to have done it out of love. It will always be like that, back then, right now, and forever. No matter if it’s a man or a woman, if she finds a new lover during this summoning, she will fight tooth and nail to defend them if they’re neutral or on her side, and will fight tooth and nail to kill them if they are unfortunately enemies.

Treatment with the Master

A good friend and a partner in crime. Given Julie’s way of being, the Master will have to assume the responsibility for whatever ruckus she causes and take care of not being accidentally killed by her recklessness.
    In the case they end up becoming Julie’s lover for some reason, they will have the best ally they could wish for.

Dialogue examples

Bond 1: “Always for love, sometimes for food, and a few times just because I’m horny! From performances to duels to death and plain arson, lil’ Julie is your girl for everything! Yup, leave everything to me!”

Bond 2: “Hey, Master! Do you have any of those ‘smart-phone’ thingies? You know, it’s a pain to go challenging all the people I wanna challenge one by one when there are so many, so I thought sending ’em a text message would be faster!”

Bond 3: “Let me tell you a little secret. … It’s a bit embarrassing even for me, but the truth is I have a ‘nun fetish’. They’re so innocent and pure and have all their assets covered, that’s so cute! … Okay, now that I said it I regret it a lot…”

Bond 4: “Huh?! Excuse me, how dare you ask if I entered that convent to forget everything by being surrounded by lots of nuns?! I’ll have you know I have stabbed people at taverns for things less stupid than that! …Well, I’d be lying if I said I didn’t hope that a beautiful and understanding nun comforted me…”

Bond 5: “Okay, Master! I haven’t fallen in love with you yet, but I’m 95% sure you are head over heels for me! So let’s keep causing trouble together until the end! Dontcha worry, if you die I’ll make sure to give you a proper burial and mourn your death! Just don’t ask me to enter a convent again!”

Likes: “What do I like? Well, I actually swing both ways, so I’m fine with either a cute girl or a hot guy... If you didn’t mean that, what did you mean then?”

Dislikes: “Hmmm, I don’t really hate anything. Well, there are always people that piss you off but nothing a good ol’ prank or a few stabs between the ribs can’t solve.”

Wish for the Grail: “I really want to think I lived without any regrets, but I’ll be damned if I don’t want to have a shot with that Marquoise de Florensac! So yeah, give me the Grail and I’ll ask to revive her, or heal her, or whatever! I just want to be with her, mmkay?”

Personal data
    Historical depiction

Julie d’Aubigny, Mademoiselle de Maupin, was a French woman born in the 17th century as the daughter of Louis XV’s Master of the Horse’s secretary. Since her father was in charge of tutoring the court pages, Julie was raised to learn how to dance, read, dance, and handle a sword.

Julie got married to Sieur de Maupin when she was 17,who was forced to move to the south of the country shortly after the wedding, but she remained in Paris. Soon, she set her sights on an assistant fencing master, and both fled to Marseille together after killing a man in an illegal duel. During their travel, they made a living of fencing exhibitions and singing at taverns, with Julie dressing as a man (but acting as a girl). Once they arrived to Marseille, Julie joined an opera company and eventually returned to Paris.

Three years later, Julie managed to join the Paris Opéra, acting firstly as a soprano and later in her natural tone as a contralto. Her voice went to be praised as “the most beautiful singing voice in the world”. In her career as a singer, she participated in newly created operas by composers of the time. It’s worth mentioning that the role of Clorinda in André Campra’s ‘Tancrède’ was made specifically to suit Julie’s contralto.

Though a remarkable opera singer, Julie d’Aubigny not only became famous for her singing. She was also an incredibly talented fencer that was said to be the best in France, having participated in several duels, almost all of them to death. Her multiple adventures with love are also a fundamental part of her character. She once fell in love with a nobleman whose wounds she tended after having inflicted them in a duel, and she burned down a whole convent just to abduct a nun she was fond of, replacing her with the corpse of a recently dead sister.

Julie was far from being an average citizen, and her misdeeds earned her up to two death penalties. However, news about this peculiar character reached the king’s ear and, amused with her, he decided to spare her life on both occasions. Nevertheless, this didn’t save her from an unavoidable bad ending. Unable to bear the death of Madame la Marquoise de Florensac, who was said to be the most beautiful woman in France and who died of a fever, Julie decided to enter a convent, where she would spend the rest of her days until she passed away at age 33 of unknown reasons. It is said her corpse was thrown into the rubbish heap.

Related characters

Billy the Kid
    Duel? Sure thing! Wanna do it to death, or you prefer a penalty game? Big sis won’t hold back with the penalty just ‘cause you’re cute. In fact, that’s gonna make it worse for you.

Miyamoto Musashi
    Holy cow, those badonkers sure are a turn-on! Imagine being squished by those in the middle of a fight…… Hey, udon girl! Duel! Now!

Gareth
    Of course I’m fine with jousting, who gives a damn if I never used a spear? If you and your baby hands have no problem holding one, I sure as hell am fine!

Astolfo
    Pretty sure we’re soulmates from different times. And seriously, I don’t give a damn about your gender ‘cause you’re so goddamn cute!

Chevalier d’Eon
    Okay, I have a little dilemma over here… I don’t know what I wanna find out first: how good they are with the sword, or what’s under their pants.

Charlotte Corday
    Never knew holding a knife can make a nun hotter than she’s already.
    Julie: New fetish acquired!

Sesshōin Kiara
    …Wrong nun. WRONG NUN!!

With a "music + swords + love + shitty ending related to love" thematic in common, I think Sayaka makes a perfect FC. I try not to do characters that have been done already a bunch of times, but this was a funny sheet to do. The NP is the worst part in my opinion, but that's because all the good ideas were already taken.

Blog Entries
    Julie: This is a really fun sheet. I never would've imagined her with a Sayaka FC but I have to admit with the "devoted to love" angle you kind of made it fit. I love the names of her Skills, and it just made me think that Julie is basically a teenage girl's fanfic OC come to life (except better written, obviously). Omnitalented, loved by everyone despite her ridiculous actions, "quirky and random" demeanor the author totally thinks is cool, etc.

Her NP is a bit similar to what I've seen in other D’Aubigny sheets here, but for a relatively grounded figure like her there's only so many angles to work with when brainstorming a fitting NP. I do like the touch of her sharing her power with her opponents to revive them after beating them. Very Shonen protag "defeats means friendship" vibes there.

Blog Entries
    Julie d’Aubigny: As my personal Historical crush, I am obligated to comment on every version of Maupin I see, so here I go.

To start the Skills are very creative. I begrudgingly love Loveble Scumbag, probably as intended, and Quirk and Random is terrifying but ridiculously in character. However, I think Better than You at Everything, although creative, is a little bit too much. Not all Skill needs to be unique, and Just Talented at Every Field (Richard's prodigy Skill from Strange fake) would be enough. I also bemoan the lack of specialized Fencing or Duelist Skill or a straight-up Charm related to her beauty, but that is a minor nitpick.

The NP... I am sorry, but it doesn't work for me. I understand the logic of it, and Julie was an opera singer, which is kind of the rockstar of her time, but I don't feel like Fame is so important to her story. In fact, a lot of her escapades have her disguise herself, so... yeah.

Finally, her personality. I like how you tried to go opposite to the personality that Maupin is usually depicted with, and in a lot of ways, you succeeded. However, you may have leaned too much into the "Douche" part of the "Lovable Douche" trope, which kind of makes her a bit unlikable, and Since being liked by everyone is kind of the point of her character, she ends up feeling like "Mary Sue" rather than an unbelievable but still real person. One of my favorite details about Maupin's story is how she ended up her life in anonymity because of a broken heart, showing that she was, in fact, human. Your sheet lacks a bit of that.

Anyway, I hope you don't find me to harsh. As previously stated, I am a massive, MASSIVE, fan of Julie d’Aubigny, which means that my standards are a bit on the higher side this particular time, but this was still pretty enjoyable. If it makes you feel better, you can shit on my previous Li Shaojun post, I won't judge you for it.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Fate / White Memoria

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by the god of world-0 View Post
    *snip*
    It's okay, the parts you addressed are the ones that I thought were worse (specially the NP), so it's good to see I'm not the only one that thinks so. I blame my lack of research and intention to make her different from other sheets for her becoming a sort of Mary Sue.

Regarding her second skill… well, I haven't read much about the skills introduced in SF, so I didn't know Richard already had a prodigy skill. I can change it, but I'll leave the name as it is even if it's the same skill, same as how Jaguar Man has her skills' names changed to "Jaguar + something". Her fencing and charm were supposed to be encompassed by this skill.

I'm not going to shit on your Li Shaojun because first I don't know much about them and second because the sheet looks quite good, but haven't you posted it in the contest too? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that wasn't allowed

Blog Entries
    It is? I record having done it a few times.
    It was kind of an accident. I posted here and only after remembered that the contest existed

Fate / White Memoria

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    People talk about Simo Haya but I'm pretty sure this hoe gets at least one new sheet per month.
    Last edited by Zork Knight; August 20th, 2020 at 07:14 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    People talk about Simo Haya but I'm pretty sure this hoe gets at least one new sheet per month.
    Ah, I'm not trying to be the Devil's advocate or anything, but characters like Hou Yi, d’Aubigny or Simo Häyha are charming. And also easy to write about. They're prominent in the Fate scene, so there's also a lot to gather as inspiration.

It's always nice to see the different interpretations people give to them, there's always a new flavor to each sheet. For example, with this one I lovelovelove her Skills. Each of them left me thinking "lol this truly is like her" (again a great point of Padoru's sheets, she knows so well how to blend the lore in the skills I WISH I HAD THAT ABILITY HAHA). And I love her cheeky personality, it's like my favorite interpretation of this character. ...What I was trying to say, before this becoming a gushing over her sheet, is that there's always possibility of a new view on a character, even with so many sheets around there. It only takes a creative mind for that.

© Reiinachi
    .check out my Servant sheets if you are interested.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFrenzy View Post
    Ah, I'm not trying to be the Devil's advocate or anything, but characters like Hou Yi, d’Aubigny or Simo Häyha are charming. And also easy to write about. They're prominent in the Fate scene, so there's also a lot to gather as inspiration.

It's always nice to see the different interpretations people give to them, there's always a new flavor to each sheet. For example, with this one I lovelovelove her Skills. Each of them left me thinking "lol this truly is like her" (again a great point of Padoru's sheets, she knows so well how to blend the lore in the skills I WISH I HAD THAT ABILITY HAHA). And I love her cheeky personality, it's like my favorite interpretation of this character. ...What I was trying to say, before this becoming a gushing over her sheet, is that there's always possibility of a new view on a character, even with so many sheets around there. It only takes a creative mind for that.
    Well that lets me think that i made servants from charackters that werent before hm that werent approached before like my Georg Steller,Thales of Milet or Kay Kawus that werent before adapted as servants , so can it be said and i dont think i praise here myself or something like that now , went the difficult route as especially in the case of Scholars or Philosophs are difficult to adapt into servants but i find also difficult to take on charackters that are having to much source like the Round table knight as they are also in the regard of beings a core aspect of the nasuverse (beside that i didnt know in Depth About the Arthurian complex of the legends )

Blog Entries
    how many maupins have we had now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Sunny's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mm. A desire to write a Summer sheet, an experiment in this month's Contest prompt, and a capstone to a sheet that I hold near and dear to my heart... A bit of all three, I suppose?

It didn't turn out like I expected, perhaps, but sometimes that's fine and well too.

RIDER OF SUMMER WISHES

Class:
    Rider
    True Name: Emily Elizabeth Dickinson
    Alignment: Neutral Summer

Birthday: December 10, 1830
    Height/Weight: 152 cm / 61 kg
    Birthplace: Massachusetts, North America
    Blood Type: B

Personal Traits
    Forte: Correspondence, inspiration
    Weakness: Meeting people in person
    Dislikes: Seeing people, loss
    Natural Enemy: Gray
    Image Color: White

Voice: Takamori Natsumi
    Theme: Yamashita Tatsuro - Bokura no Natsu no Yume

Parameters
    STR: E
    AGI: D
    END: E
    MGI: C
    LCK: E
    NP: C

Source:
    https://twitter.com/_tamomoko/status...165954/photo/1

“...The sun just touched the morning;
    The morning, happy thing,
    Supposed that he had come to dwell,
    And life would be all spring.

But ah, you see…
    Forever is only ever right now.”

Background
    A woman born in Massachusetts in the early 19th century, Emily Elizabeth Dickinson was born to a prominent family, raised well with deep ties to the community and educated at prestigious academies and seminary schools. A well-behaved, conscientious student, she studied fields ranging from botany and geology to arithmetic, Latin, and history. She was well-regarded by her parents and peers, bright and friendly, and an exemplary, enthusiastic scholar.

However, beginning at the age of fourteen, she began to be haunted by what she would later call the "deepening menace" of death, starting with the demise of her beloved second cousin, Sophia Howard. Sophia's death shocked Emily so much she had to be sent home from boarding school to recover, returning to school only after marshaling her spirit and chasing away her own melancholy.

A series of deaths among her family, friends, and even beloved mentors and teachers continued to impact her, sending her into a spiral which would lead her to hide herself away in her room for decades. Once she did so, her newfound agoraphobia continued to worsen, until she decided she would never leave her room again. She began to refuse to see visitors altogether, carrying out cordial and warm conversations from behind her closed door. The few times she was seen outside, generally only for private walks or to tend to the Dickinson family garden, she was always dressed in white, developing a local reputation as a ghostly, mysterious "Woman in White."

Unknown to most, this disposition was not merely the result of childhood trauma, or social anxiety, or anything of the sort - but it was the result of Emily’s deepening awareness of her own psychic ability to perceive death. First awakening with Sophia’s passing, Emily couldn’t help but see mortality and its winding pathways in every person, animal, or life she encountered, until she could not stand to look at them.

So she hid, and she wrote, and by the time she passed away her poems numbered nearly 1800, shocking her family and friends. Regarded posthumously as a beautiful and brilliant poet, many of her poems dealt with death and the subject of immortality, revealing a deep-seated obsession with the concept that had hung over her entire life.

In another class, she would be summoned in her early twenties, during the days in which she first secluded herself from the world after the deaths of her beloved cousin and teacher. At that age, the idea of even stepping outside would have been anathema to Emily. However, as a Rider, Emily is manifest at a later age in her life, where she still secluded herself but occasionally ventured outside, and had the confidence to begin to contemplate what her condition had taught her, rather than only what it led her to do.

As a Summer servant, she has resolved to step outside, and she’s most interested in enjoying this summer to the absolute fullest!

Personality
    While deeply shy and reclusive through much of her life, Rider was never actually introverted in the least. She had many dearly held friendships and treasured all of them, communicating through letters and mail, sending them her thoughts, her verse, and flowers from her garden. She had always been quick to befriend and to love, warmly accepting others and thinking of them constantly.

Social and expressive, her seclusion was not the result of a lack of desire for contact with others, but a decision she made in her youth due to her own condition and the knowledge it bestowed upon her. Yet while she would embrace this seclusion as an Assassin, as a Rider, she strides out into the warm summer and forces her way through her fears to assert herself as an extroverted, energetic individual eager to enjoy herself and make memories for herself and her Master.

She is quick to check on others’ well-being, to play with children and friends, to run out for food or drinks… She eagerly soaks up the experiences she would have otherwise abstained from in the past and delights in experiencing the beach, and nature, and even the strange or bizarre alongside those she cares about.

This summer, Emily has decided, she shall hold nothing back, and she shall venture outside with her head held proud and her back straight. She still flinches when she looks upon her Master, or their friends, or any allied Servants - but she does not falter, and she keeps what she sees to herself, holding tightly onto her Master’s hand for support.

“I once said it was shelter to speak with you.
    I meant it, and truly it is.
    But more than merely shelter…

I’d like to make that shelter a house,
    with all the winding paths of home.”

Class Abilities
    Riding
    Other than riding as a passenger in carriages and trains, there are no anecdotes of Emily Dickinson actively riding horses or piloting vehicles. At this rank, she is compensated with this skill only due to her Class container, and by its nature, she may only utilize her mount as a Rider a single time.

Magic Resistance
    A skill that grants protection against magical effects. As she never had any abilities that could resist Magecraft and sequestered herself from ever coming into contact with a mage, Rider’s Magic Resistance remains at the minimum level. She can avoid most direct attack spells indirectly by way of her ESP, but she cannot neutralize spells in any way.

Personal Skills:
    Future Vision
    The psychic ability that haunted Emily Dickinson all her life - beginning with only a dim affinity, the shock of each death in her life gradually awakened her psychic channel, until they could no longer be turned off or in any way ignored, leading to her inevitable seclusion from the vision that plagued her whenever she looked at another living being. Emily cannot help but see life as a flowing stream around everyone and everything, and she can clearly discern both its ebb and its flow.

By tracing the immediate path of their life, Rider is able to predict their short-term future, spotting death flags and dangers without fail, as well as visualizing the equivalent of their health and "HP" to the utmost detail.

While these vision may be used offensively, they do not directly interact with or actualize death, but are rather limited to showing where to directly damage or annihilate someone's life force, focusing on the "places connecting to the source of life" and the "parts which keeps things alive," inflicting critical damage on someone's life force that leads to their death.

After a number of traumatic experiences in her youth, and one moment in particular, Rider is loath to use this for anything other than support, and ordinarily limits the exercise of this skill to prediction and forecasting.

Midsummer Journal
    An offshoot of the false Item Creation she exercised as an Assassin, Emily retains her ability to enchant words and phrases even as a Rider, carrying her poems and doodles in a small, battered diary she never lets go of. She still writes whenever the mood strikes her, bestowing them with magical energy to enact a variety of buffs and blessings, including but not limited to reinforcement of parameters, healing, invisibility, and other supportive effects.

Unlike Assassin, she is more confident in sharing the text of her poems, rather than merely snippets or individual lines, delighting in honest criticism and discourse.

After a certain time, however, she will no longer show her work, and this skill may be sealed without explanation.

Summer Correspondence Courses
    An unusual variation on Rider’s Correspondence skill as an Assassin. In its original form, Correspondence was a skill that displays one's enthusiasm and eloquence in written communication with others, giving Emily Dickinson an advantageous network of friends and followers to aid her in data collection and dissemination. In this form, that network has been repurposed, and rather than collecting information to act as a navigator, Rider is collecting knowledge and skill in a variety of fields from her friends and confidants, striving to better herself each day.

Skills from a variety of sources may be exercised at C-D rank, including Eye for Art, Mathematics, Presence Detection, Subversive Activities, and others. Rather than innate skills, these are skills obtained after her summoning, and she frequently checks her phone to obtain updates and review new lessons in her downtime during the summer. It is not uncommon for Rider to stay up all night, her face lit up by her phone, discussing matters with a wise friend in another time zone, both caught up for hours by her probing questions and charm.

Noble Phantasm:
    The Chariot - Because I Could Not Stop for Death, He Kindly Stopped for Me
    Type: Anti-Unit
    A Noble Phantasm derived from one of Emily Dickinson’s most famous poems, the one that represented the conclusion of her decades of musing on death and mortality. The answer that she reached after hiding away for so long, when she could no longer ignore the only death she could not look away from - her own, writ clear as day in the flowing currents of life that she saw through the warped channels of her perception.

A poem of farewell, setting aside one’s fears, regrets, and all of one’s uncertainties. Upon activation, Rider releases her hold on her Saint Graph and fully unlocks the restraints she unconsciously placed upon her psychic ability, allowing her to look upon death in all of its facets. In essence, the effect is the death of Emily Dickinson.

This is not the enforcement of instantaneous death or a curse of degradation -- but rather, it is a death that knows no haste, gently letting go of all that remains over the course of a single day. Once Emily Dickinson has invoked the true name of this Noble Phantasm, she obtains the absolute certainty that in one day, she shall cease to exist as a Servant in the present and shall return to the embrace of eternity, no matter what forces may attempt to intervene.

During this time, Rider is constantly shedding shards of her Saint Graph and essence as a Heroic Spirit, like feathers falling from a bird in flight, and this energy may be put to whatever use she desires. Whether it is healing wounds or recreating a beating heart, taking flight or going anywhere she can picture, or any other miracle that may be enacted through the expenditure of vast stocks of magical energy, during the period of this Noble Phantasm precious little is completely beyond her reach.

She may even attempt to hold onto that energy in her journal, sequestering it away for her final moments, and in one shining moment convert the small, battered notebook she holds dear into the equal of a true wish-granting device - but at the end of that day, the time shall come for her to put away her labor and her leisure, and resume that gentle ride towards the end that awaits all things. At that time, the Woman in White knows even without seeing it, she shall board her carriage with a smile.

“Since then – ‘tis Centuries – and yet
    Feels shorter than the Day
    I first surmised the Horses' Heads
    Were toward Eternity…

And all the while, I’m ever grateful,
    For this one summer’s precious verities.”
    Last edited by Sunny; August 20th, 2020 at 10:05 PM.