Page 162 of 620 FirstFirst ... 62112152157160161162163164167172212262 ... LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,240 of 12386

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed by Fortuna View Post
    Ravager:
    Ah yes, finally the perfect Class for Arthur.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    wont lie, I don't like these

I feel the core classes and the handful of extra classes is enough

even Heroes that dont exactly fit a particular a mold can still work in canon class containers, look at Tesla as an Archer

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's just people having fun in the end, it doesn't even mean that anyone will pursue them further. But I do get it that it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Edit: ALSO AWW YOU'RE WELCOME U GUYS ;V;
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I feel like Striker/Brawler/whatever and Monster are really the only fan Classes to fill a niche that doesn't exist in canon. A lot of these others seem interesting but ultimately pretty extraneous.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFrenzy View Post
    It's just people having fun in the end, it doesn't even mean that anyone will pursue them further.
    I'm typing a Brawler Servant right now. Expect it sometime in the next ten years.

We appreciate it.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    Having both Time Lord and Doctor is kind of redundant

also no Bottom role????

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NittyGritty View Post
    also no Bottom role????
    Now this is a travesty.

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    I'm typing a Brawler Servant right now. Expect it sometime in the next ten years.
    DON'T GIVE ME HOPE.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    When looking at Saber/Lancer/Archer as just terms for close/mid-range/ranged combatant, even brawler, striker, smasher and axeman suddenly lose its appeal.
    Grand Lancer with his arms and Xmas Karna with his fists wave at you with a smile.

Bottom role? Are they effective or resistant to Lancers? KappaPride
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Darkened Misty Metropolis Lambda-Nu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I feel like Striker/Brawler/whatever and Monster are really the only fan Classes to fill a niche that doesn't exist in canon. A lot of these others seem interesting but ultimately pretty extraneous.
    Yes! This man gets it!
    The joys of being a Mommy

Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Complete.

Servant Database (v2.0)

CHALDEA SECURITY ORGANIZATION: AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    Singularity / Lostbelt Database

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    When looking at Saber/Lancer/Archer as just terms for close/mid-range/ranged combatant, even brawler, striker, smasher and axeman suddenly lose its appeal.
    Grand Lancer with his arms and Xmas Karna with his fists wave at you with a smile.

Bottom role? Are they effective or resistant to Lancers? KappaPride
    Axeman is kinda' dumb IMO since I think it's pretty clear "Lancer" mostly refers to any long-ranged polearm-type weapon (heck, until Lartoria I'm not even sure if any of them wielded a lance specifically) but I think it's still valuable to have a designated martial-arts Class so you don't have to continually make the excuse of "their fists are totally like a spear/sword!" or whatever, which wears out its specialness after a while.

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 08:48 PM.

Lord Barthomeloi
    Blog Entries
    Bluntly speaking, the only fanclass that isn't a form of Saint Graph Designation (i.e. akin to Ancient God or Ancient Giant, which are distinct from Servant Classes) that could really fill a niche is the "martial artist class" ones, but even those are easily distributed outwards canonically; Saber, Assassin, and Lancer are the first three to come to mind, sublimating in Kanta, the Li Gang, Yan Qing, the Li Gang Redux & Quirinus, and we see people use martial arts extensively in other classes, such as Archers (Chiron, David), and our sole canonical Saver.

The rest of the above listed feel either complete joke-based or irrevocably extraneous, including (and I personally hold a measure of disdain for this one) Monster.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Justiciar Hux View Post
    The rest of the above listed feel either complete joke-based or irrevocably extraneous, including (and I personally hold a measure of disdain for this one) Monster.
    Huh, now I'm curious as the one whose most-used that Class (at least on this thread). How would you classify legendary monsters who never used any weapons or projectiles but hadn't any anecdotes of going mad in life (thus disqualifying them from the Berserker Class)? It feels weird to make every Servant with a monstrous body and no anecdotes to slot them in another Class a Berserker if they were never known to be "mad", so Monster is a natural niche IMO. Or would you dispute they should be written up as Servants at all?

Lord Barthomeloi
    Blog Entries
    It's far too case-specific to make a general rule.
    Perhaps a Saber, for the gnashing fangs of the man-eating beast.
    Perhaps a Caster, for the question-posing wisdom of a Sphinx.
    Perhaps a Lancer, for the all-piercing fangs of the Serpent.
    Perhaps a Rider, for the leader of a fearsome pack.
    Perhaps an Assassin, for the monster that hunted men in the dark jungles.
    Perhaps a Ruler, for the peaceful animal on which others thrive.
    Perhaps an Avenger, for the thrice-scorned creatures that were vilified by man.
    the list goes on, as you can imagine.

The point is, the vast, vast majority of animalistic creatures and monsters of lore don't need a special class to fit into. Because they're legendary, they have anecdotes. Because they have anecdotes, they can fall into an extent class.
    And if they don't have anecdotes; you can make 'em up! Zeus wasn't a giant space mech that served as the crotch in an Interstellar Machine God Super-Gundam in Greek mythology, but that didn't stop Nasu! You too can bullshit with fervour!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed by Fortuna View Post
    True, but some classes really you have to stretch them to fit in them or if you put them in that class it means you may have to make concessions you may not want to (ie. by making a writer a caster class servant you pretty much have to give them a magic related stuff even if you don't really want to, and as for beasts/monsters there really aren't many good classes for that).

Plus really some of these classes while superfluous are really no worse than some more modern classes. The original idea of class containers was that "a class container fits a role" kinda like basically a list of actors in a play, you have you main hero, your side heroes, you antagonists, and different archetypes about them; the guy with a spear or gun, the guy/gal with a bow, the knight with the sword, the mad warrior, the knight on horseback, the spellcaster, the assassin. Ruler was a slight exception in that their role was monitoring the grail war and avengers role was one who seeks revenge.

My problem is that ever since ruler even-typemoon has played it a little fast and loose with making classes even if they really don't serve much of a purpose in terms of the role kinda thing (with some of the worst of this being FGO [really Ancient God/Ruler and Ancient Giant aren't even roles if anything they are descriptors for the beings which have those classes and you could have just made them Ruler and Saber/berserker respectively [and just modify their weaknesses and such as if they were a beast class foe]]. At the end of the day though really, just cause I don't like them does mean someone can't make good use of them

Since I haven't said it yet, good job.

I feel like I'm missing a joke here.

I mean my classes and all work involved with them ends tomorrow, so I could get started on a Brawler class servant (as I feel it is the most broad of the "unarmed-melee" classes and thus allows for the most possible servants in it) like James Figg or Donald McBane and I'm pretty sure others like Mordred (based on her fighting style and attitude), Beowulf (based on his fighting style and NP), Heracles, and a fair few others could fit in the class if anyone wants to take them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also couldn't saber already use an axe* (I know the class is called Saber, but I can't see why they couldn't have an axe NP so long as they also had a sword, I mean Enkidu is a lancer and the oney reason for that is that his NP is loosely spear shaped [otherwise he would probably be more of an archer or a berserker class servant]) so long as they were good at using a sword I think saber implied that she might be using a axe or something other than a sword fighting Cu.

* also it occurred to me you could totally make an archer class servant who uses axes, just make the axes hatchets and have him be bale to throw them with a fair amount of range and accuracy and you have a mid-close range archer who uses axes (plus Royd also has a point where for large double handed battle-axes they arguably could be considered little different from most pole arm weapons at that point**).

** which at this point has any pole arm use had something like a halberd (aside from Lu Bu's god force)

halberd

a bardiche

bardiche

or a voulge

voulge

Or has it just been all spears and lances at this point?
    Well i think when they can make the Profil different enough from the seven classes then i would say ist okay , but the most convincing extraclasses outside Canon until now for me are Monster and Lover , but what is about my Remainer class i would be curious About your oppinion of my invented class where even Dead Apostle could summoned .

Also wouldd i say that all Blade weapons that are used for close Combat are Saber all Weapon users of Stave like Weapon are LAncer would i say .

but a Class that i thought out could be is Progenitor : The class of Founders and Ancestors , People and beings that are the beggeter of species , Dynasties or similar . example wise are Qualifying These beings :Merovech , Tiamat , Genghis Khan ,Ashina etc … . How does this class is sounding ?

Also dont Forget the most powerfull Class !

(The) Clubber

- - - Updated - - -

It's just people having fun in the end, it doesn't even mean that anyone will pursue them further. But I do get it that it's not everyone's cup of tea.

You deserve this Howaito ! besides what do you say how do i look without my Mask ?
    Last edited by Kabalisto Koga; May 4th, 2021 at 08:57 PM.
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    Also dont Forget the most powerfull Class !

(The) Clubber

The Clubber's Class Skill is Ugabuga.

Servant Database (v2.0)

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries
    We're nearing the end of the day, so if you have anything you want to reveal before the due date, Lambda or Anju, go ahead. If not, we await with baited breath till the ninth.

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 08:49 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Morg van Destro View Post
    We're nearing the end of the day, so if you have anything you want to reveal before the due date, Lambda or Anju, go ahead. If not, we await with baited breath till the ninth.
    I am doing Alter Ego Santa Jackie.

Servant Database (v2.0)

Upcoming Servant Sheets