Page 218 of 620 FirstFirst ... 118168208213216217218219220223228268318 ... LastLast
Results 4,341 to 4,360 of 12385

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    thx guys, time to look into the Astrolabe, but I think I already got a connection that I wanted for a future project.

and idk why the picture did not show. seems like others had a similar problem with their pics.
    By now I am mostly using imgur to prevent that. There I have control over the visibility of the pictures I use in sheets
    Although the picture seems to use a normal Astrolabe, you will get more information if you search for the Mariner's Astrolabe (incidentally,
    it was created by the Portuguese). Also, I think they perform the same role but the mariner's astrolabe were designed to be used on boats.
    Last edited by Master_Therion; June 21st, 2021 at 02:23 PM.

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 09:25 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed by Fortuna View Post
    I would contest the "coincidentally" there, Portugal was once a hugely important figure (if not the defacto people you talked about in that regard during their heyday) in naval travel when talking about the western hemisphere (basically being the comparable to the likes of the Scandinavian people [oft called "the vikings" [althoguh technically that was a job amounting to warrior raiders serving under a Jarl or king and not technically an ethnicity in and of itself*] in terms of naval travel and exploration) largely due to both the the adoption of technology like the compass which may have originated in China and made it's way into Europe by means of trade and the navigational school and innovations made by Prince Henry the Navigator.

Basically If you wanted to point to anyone to say "who was most reposnisible for mapping the Western Hemisphere?" it was probably Portugal.

* Although if you must insist in calling the Scandinavians the vikings you can actually (exempting the fact that the vikings were a job class of the Scandinavian people rather than a name for that ethnicity) make the highly humorous state "90% of the vikings weren't vikings" and technically be correct (Modern estimates place roughly 90% of the Scandinavian people as being farmers rather than vikings by profession)
    Sorry, meant to use the word incidentally instead of coincidentally

Blog Entries
    Fairy Knight Bedivere

“Greetings Master. Saber Class, Bedivere the Loyal has answered your summons. I swear on my pride as a Knight that I will protect you.”

“Yes, I am really Bedivere. Why does everyone ask that? You and I met on Jerusalem, remember?!”

Class
    Other Classes
    Allignment
    Faker
    Saber
    Neutral Good
    Height / Weight
    Region
    Source
    1.70m / 66kg
    Fairy Kingdom
    Lostbelt
    “Being a knight. It’s been my dream as far as I can remember. It’s what I wanted to do. I hope you don’t mind it. Being a Loyal Knight is what Bedivere is all about!”

Dislikes

“The Other Fairy Knights don’t really understand me. Sure, we can get along just fine, but it always feels like they are eyeing me. Pitying me. A Knight doesn’t need or appreciate pity, Master”

Parameters
    Strength: C
    Agility: C
    Endurance: C
    Mana: A
    Luck: A
    Noble Phantasm: A
    Command Cards
    Background

“Do you not remember, Master? About that time we stopped the Lion King? I recall it so clearly and carry that memory within my heart.”

This woman is Sir Bedivere.

This woman wholeheartedly believes she is Bedivere.

She has recollection of his deeds, holds the same conviction and loyalty that the Bedivere of the 6th Singularity did. She is a silent yet reliable knight who will measure no effort to defend the ally she recalls so clearly, having fought beside them in what feels like another lifetime entirely.

Yet, she is not Bedivere.

There cannot be two Sir Bediveres.

Then why does she recall the conversations you had? Why does she act like him to the point you can’t help but respond? Why is that conviction so nostalgic? That commitment to the King she cherishes rings so clearly in its familiarity. Every action, every word, every step she takes…

They tell you ‘This must be Bedivere’

But you know that can’t be.

As gallant as she is and as genuine as her feelings are, as a Master you can tell it is a facade, a trick that she herself has fallen for. Her true class cannot be hidden from you, because Sir Bedivere would never hide his true intentions from a trusted friend. Such was his loyalty.

So you smile and welcome her with open arms.

This strange woman who claims to be your friend.

She believes she was there. She recalls the battle as vividly, if not more so, than even you can. Which means that in the end, she must have made the same choice as Sir Bedivere. The same sacrifice.

Is there any other way to welcome ‘Bedivere’ than with a smile?

Personality

“A Fairy? Don’t be silly, Master! I’ll have you know I am a genuine human in spirit! You’ll find no better company than Sir Bedivere the Loyal.”

A gallant Knight dedicated to the cause of humanity. Despite her true nature, ‘Bedivere’ really is no different than the one you met before. Even referencing events that only you both could be aware of. Speaking with people she never met as if they were old friends. As if she were Bedivere.

In many ways, she is.

Unlike an actress playing her part on a play, Bedivere believes she is the real deal and reflects the knowledge and memories those around her have of the ‘real’ Sir Bedivere, instinctively acting out the part of the knight as if she had been born to do so and had the exact same life as Bedivere.

In the Fairy Kingdom, Bedivere was a failessly loyal Knight who defended the reign of Queen Morgan. A ‘perfectly average knight’ content with obeying the will of her sovereign and carrying it out.

However, upon meeting the Master of Chaldea, his memories of ‘Bedivere’ have infiltrated her behavior. Manifesting in the form of dreams and new memories which Fairy Knight Bedivere recalls after their initial meeting. Eventually coming to see herself as the ‘real Bedivere taken by fairies’.

Acting under the belief of being ‘human’, Bedivere switched sides and began aiding Chaldea instead.

Because that’s what the Bedivere from your memories would do.

Class Skills
    Independent Action - [B]

It is possible for a Servant to stay in the world for two days without a Master. However, this is the ideal value achieved by maximally conserving mana and avoiding battle and Noble Phantasm usage.

Camouflage - [E]

The Skill which allows one to hide their true identity, presenting a facade to disguise themselves with. Someone as genuinely honest as Fairy Knight Bedivere would never lie about her own identity, but her innate nature is one which tricks and deludes even the self. Even if she lacks the necessary skills, she will still introduce herself as ‘Saber Class, Bedivere’. Though it would be a bold faced lie, considering her parameters and skills, all around her will have the impression of ‘is that Bedivere?’

Personal Skills
    Changeling - [A]

The natural ability of a fairy to assume the guise of a human after replacing them. In the case of an Auf, their very behavior and memories change to suit the ‘role’ of the person they are playing. Mimicking their Skills, abilities and the knowledge they ‘probably had’ in life. At this Rank, the Fairy herself will forget ever having been a fairy and start believing herself human.

Oath of Protection - [C]

A solemn vow to defend what one holds dear. The Fairy Knight and the Original have the same capability and mentality, but swore to uphold different things. Faker’s vow compels her to defend what ‘Bedivere would defend’, something that compels her to defend even those who would threaten the Kingdom of Fairies, so long as that being what Bedivere would have wanted.

Calm and Collected - [B-]

A downgraded version of the original Bedivere’s skill. Fairy Knight Bedivere can seal away her emotions in order to do what must be done for the sake of the Fairy Kingdom. However, the presence of someone who personally knows ‘Bedivere’ interferes with her focus.

Steward of the Holy Sword - [A]

The Sword of Promised Victory holds the key to what could be the future of humanity and the world. Hidden by the ‘True Bedivere’, the Fairy Knight seems to possess a connection to the blade which resides in her Lostbelt. Compelled to seek it out, her parameters seem to rise, the closest she is to the Sword.

Noble Phantasm
    Switch Off - Airgetlam: Silver Arm, Seek out the Sword
    C-Rank / Anti-Self

A hollow replica of Nuada’s Noble Phantasm created in Proper Human History and given to Bedivere. It completely lacks the ‘overwhelming magical energy’ of the original, being nothing but an empty vessel for what the original replica was meant to hold. As a result of being ‘empty’, the arm can store and release vast amount of mana, functioning as a powerful counter attack against enemies despite being useless without an outside source of power.

It also possesses a hidden function. Being that of a compass which points towards the location of the ‘Sword of Promised Victory’. It will lead Faker towards it and compels her to take up the sword so as to better act out the part of ‘Bedivere’ as recalled by the Master of Chaldea.

It can also be used to block and reflect attacks on the same level as a swing from the Holy Sword, so long as its nature is the same, Fairy Knight’s Airgetlam can be used to defend against the attack of a Holy Lance. Though the output might cripple her body, if not cause it to break down into dust.

Relationships
    Sir Bedivere
    “Are you… me? No, that can’t be right. I am Bedivere the Loyal! The Fairy Knight born as a human! You! You must be a fake, here to misguide my Master and replace me!”
    Fairy Knight Gawain
    “Another failed date, Sir Gawain. Come now, don’t make that face. Someone as charming and gallant as you will surely find the right match. You must keep up at it until you do!”
    Sir Tristan
    “Sir Tristan? Why are you so tall? Is this another one of those shoe things that you keep mentioning? Why are you sad? Please don’t be sad. You are usually way more confident than this!”
    Fairy Knight Galahad
    “I feel like you and I will get along splendidly! Why, it is like we’ve known each other for years now. Strange, no?!”
    Fairy Knight Lancelot
    “Out for another scouting mission, I see. Good, it pays to be diligent. We can never be sure of when the enemy will strike.”
    Sir Lancelot
    “Back already? There really must not have been much to do outside. Still… there’s something strange about you? Have you done something to your hair? The color is off?”

Blog Entries
    What??? Wyvern posting a servant that is not Brazilian? Impossible!
    Shock aside, quite fitting that Fairy Knight Bedivere is a changeling, since the real one not only hid his identity as Lucius but also used Excalibur. And to top it off, the Faker class fits with the theme as well. The Steward of the Holy Sword and Airgetlam: Silver Arm, Seek out the Sword, along with her belief that she is the true Bedivere make for a good thematic.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Master_Therion View Post
    What??? Wyvern posting a servant that is not Brazilian? Impossible!
    Shock aside, quite fitting that Fairy Knight Bedivere is a changeling, since the real one not only hid his identity as Lucius but also used Excalibur. And to top it off, the Faker class fits with the theme as well. The Steward of the Holy Sword and Airgetlam: Silver Arm, Seek out the Sword, along with her belief that she is the true Bedivere make for a good thematic.
    I joke around that she must be the worst and best Faker in the world. She isn't fooling anyone, but at the same time has herself fooled about her own identity. I think its a charming concept, taking into account the other Fairy Knights and how they work. I very much like working that isn't Brazil related from time to time, I have a ton of Greek God sheets somewhere in this thread. You could say I have a ton of specialties as far as writing sheets go.

Jack of All Trades, Master of None.

Mine probably don't come out as good as those who actually put on full effort into a single category of figures, though.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    No problem, I'm not even angry really (and I apologize if I came off as overly angry or critical), I'm just glad I was able to talk about the Portuguese (as it is a fascinating topic that I wish I knew or remembered a bit more about to contribute to the conversation) a little bit as despite Nasu claiming that Francis Drake* basically spearheaded the start of the age of exploration, that couldn't be any more untrue (as while Francis Drake* alongside John Hawkins* were basically the two major figures which helped raise the British navy to power [which perhaps not coincidentally after both of their deaths it then saw a short decline until Charles the 1st made reforms to bolster their naval strength again]). The Scandiavians were known as traders and explorers long before even the Portuguese or the Dutch, much less the Spanish or the English were even around and for all that talk about the British empire, none of that would have even been possible if it weren't for the Portuguese and Dutch leading the charge with their own renaissance in naval exploration and travel.

Using a house as an analogy, if you are talking about the Western Hemisphere (excluding Greece and Rome) then The Scandinavians laid the foundations, the Dutch and Portuguese put up the walls and basically turned it into a structure, and the British and Spanish picked up where the Dutch and Portuguese left off and basically made some fine touches put in furniture and threw on a coat of paint. Without the work of those who came before the British navy probably wouldn't have really been anything special.

* And even then I would greatly hesitate especially in a modern context to give either Francis Drake or John Hawkins any praise as in retrospect they did highly attorcis things and in the former's case despite being called a pirate I would cite that is an insult to pirates. As pirates were a broad spectrum of people including those dissatisfied with the laws and rules of their home countries who took up life on the sea as a way away from that (Samuel Bellamy as an example), modern perspective gives the lens that even people like Blackbeard accused of many cruel acts were mostly paper tigers**. They inflated their own reputations and had an aura of violence and threats, but aside from the final battle we have no proven account of Blackbeard actually killing anyone. Some pirate crews we think may have been so lax that if you wanted to quit they would be fairly willing to let you go (although that may depend on the captain), Francis Drake was both far more cruel; His own comrades did and would complain against his slaughter of the town of Vigos, which was virtually defenseless yet he assaulted for 4 days, simply to seemingly either save face or blow off steam for having largely failed in the Siege of Coruña. Not to mention that both he and his men were for all intents and purposes slavers (that's what their original voyages were about) and alongside John Hawkins early promoters of the English involving themselves and taking part in the Atlantic slave trade.

** Realistically this makes sense when you think about it, if pirates really went around bringing towns and being half the menace they were treated as they would have been a serious enough problem that either the navy and army would start staining around towns or would come down on them like a ton of bricks as the people would be (rightly) terrified of them. In most cases they probably had a bad rep because they stole from people like merchants or nobles and used tactics to look scary (and may have spread false rumors on purpose for this task) and thus towns and governments painted them poorly (as they were acting against their interests).

----------------------------

To put it in ways a bit more understandable to a FGO fan

Francis Drake was way less of this (heroic, awesome, great leader):

And way more like this (petty, greedy, ambitious, vengeful, downright unlikeable, and either best forgotten or should be more often criticized and remembered for who they were and what they actually did):

Worth noting that Drake self-proclaims as a villain, has Chaotic Evil as her Alignment and was an antagonist back in Fate/Extra. So while she can be charming and charismatic, the series isn't really trying to paint her as a good person. Of course, when it comes to historical and mythical figures from a long time ago it's easy to drag up a less savory side in even those generally considered admirable (for instance, King Arthur and the May Day Massacre legend). So some of that is par for the course of the kind of story that's being told.

Blog Entries
    No problem, I'm not even angry really (and I apologize if I came off as overly angry or critical), I'm just glad I was able to talk about the Portuguese (as it is a fascinating topic that I wish I knew or remembered a bit more about to contribute to the conversation) a little bit as despite Nasu claiming that Francis Drake* basically spearheaded the start of the age of exploration, that couldn't be any more untrue (as while Francis Drake* alongside John Hawkins* were basically the two major figures which helped raise the British navy to power [which perhaps not coincidentally after both of their deaths it then saw a short decline until Charles the 1st made reforms to bolster their naval strength again]). The Scandiavians were known as traders and explorers long before even the Portuguese or the Dutch, much less the Spanish or the English were even around and for all that talk about the British empire, none of that would have even been possible if it weren't for the Portuguese and Dutch leading the charge with their own renaissance in naval exploration and travel.

Using a house as an analogy, if you are talking about the Western Hemisphere (excluding Greece and Rome) then The Scandinavians laid the foundations, the Dutch and Portuguese put up the walls and basically turned it into a structure, and the British and Spanish picked up where the Dutch and Portuguese left off and basically made some fine touches put in furniture and threw on a coat of paint. Without the work of those who came before the British navy probably wouldn't have really been anything special.

* And even then I would greatly hesitate especially in a modern context to give either Francis Drake or John Hawkins any praise as in retrospect they did highly attorcis things and in the former's case despite being called a pirate I would cite that is an insult to pirates. As pirates were a broad spectrum of people including those dissatisfied with the laws and rules of their home countries who took up life on the sea as a way away from that (Samuel Bellamy as an example), modern perspective gives the lens that even people like Blackbeard accused of many cruel acts were mostly paper tigers**. They inflated their own reputations and had an aura of violence and threats, but aside from the final battle we have no proven account of Blackbeard actually killing anyone. Some pirate crews we think may have been so lax that if you wanted to quit they would be fairly willing to let you go (although that may depend on the captain), Francis Drake was both far more cruel; His own comrades did and would complain against his slaughter of the town of Vigos, which was virtually defenseless yet he assaulted for 4 days, simply to seemingly either save face or blow off steam for having largely failed in the Siege of Coruña. Not to mention that both he and his men were for all intents and purposes slavers (that's what their original voyages were about) and alongside John Hawkins early promoters of the English involving themselves and taking part in the Atlantic slave trade.

** Realistically this makes sense when you think about it, if pirates really went around bringing towns and being half the menace they were treated as they would have been a serious enough problem that either the navy and army would start staining around towns or would come down on them like a ton of bricks as the people would be (rightly) terrified of them. In most cases they probably had a bad rep because they stole from people like merchants or nobles and used tactics to look scary (and may have spread false rumors on purpose for this task) and thus towns and governments painted them poorly (as they were acting against their interests).

----------------------------

To put it in ways a bit more understandable to a FGO fan

Francis Drake was way less of this (heroic, awesome, great leader):

And way more like this (petty, greedy, ambitious, vengeful, downright unlikeable, and either best forgotten or should be more often criticized and remembered for who they were and what they actually did):

Don't worry, I did not see it as an angry or over critical response, just trying to teach me more about a topic you are interested. I love seeing people discussing about Portuguese history and I also love to learn more facts that I did not know already about it.

Hey y’all! I’d love if some of you could give some critiques or tell me whatcha think of my Catherine the Great sheet? Thanks!
    There’s always a part of us we hide, a part of us we trample down into the dirt. Sometimes we bury it so deep, we forget it exists, or think it’s long gone. But eventually we’ll sink back to meet it. Will you be strong enough by then to finally accept it?

Profiles for my story, Fate/Imperial matrix, coming soon!(?)

Darkened Misty Metropolis Lambda-Nu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It seems that Fairy Knights are on their way to becoming the next big thing. I'm gonna have to figure something out for a Fairy Knight Mordred.
    The joys of being a Mommy

Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Complete.

Servant Database (v2.0)

CHALDEA SECURITY ORGANIZATION: AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    Singularity / Lostbelt Database

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries
    Tf is a Fairy Knight?

Blog Entries

Darkened Misty Metropolis Lambda-Nu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'd contest if it's really that "the fairy knights are popular" and more that "the fairy knights are convenient and give me a new way to write the knights of the round". The KOR (Knights of the Round) were always popular in the Nasuverse and this kinda both rides off the coattails of that popularity and also serves as a way of GBing (Genderbending) the Knights of the Round in a way that isn't actually GBing them. Plus at this point, considering that basically every KOR servant ever has been by now the fairy knights gives another way of writing the characters while still being somewhat original without doing an alter of them. However, if you really like the concept of the fairy knights as a concept rather than liking it as a means to an end more power to you.
    I actually really like them as a concept. I can see why it'd be divisive, but I think it's an interesting angle.

In other news, I am seriously going to have to do some research into the different types of fairies. I would like to have Fairy Knight Mordred be a Nuckelavee because that's one of my favorite mythical creatures and it's a fairy, but...well, just Google it and you'll see why I'm hesitant.
    The joys of being a Mommy

Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Complete.

Servant Database (v2.0)

CHALDEA SECURITY ORGANIZATION: AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    Singularity / Lostbelt Database

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries
    Nasu and Co's way of reusing the knights of the round again in story (and reusing the concept of Gray's servant powers), even if it makes no logical sense in the lore of the lostbelt
    Speaking of lore, do I have any right to be mildly annoyed at the backstory they gave of Pan-human Camelot? Saxons come, Vort kills Uther without any motivation (not even for power, but simply because he was destined to, which makes his words to Artoria in his final just weird since he focuses in on how she would bring about an end to the Age of Gods he was trying to make last), he destroyed the capital city for some unknown reason, and then rules over a deteriorating kingdom for a decade even though he of all people should be fully aware of the prophesied king that has been prancing about said kingdom declaring they will be king and amassing influence in full view and does absolutely nothing about it until they finally decide to overthrow him. They still call him the Usurper, but he was already a king and so was Uther of different tribes across Britain as were many others, meaning he usurped nothing. He just went to war with a different king then unified the others under him. Not to mention the fact it disregards the dark curse that supposedly lurked in Uther that he passed on to Morgan which would've been an interesting explanation for his degradation in his later years which also makes Uther a bit more compelling. If anyone usurped anything, it was Artoria. It may have been for the better, considering they say Britain sucked under Vortigern, but they paraded her around as the true king while he was still the person that unified all the other tribes and kings. Not Uther.

They give no reasoning or explanation for Vort's actions, they ignore Arthurian myth, they give no reason why he didn't raise a hand against her or why all the other tribes didn't try to revolt against him themselves even though they did with Artoria, which I will remind you was doing things for 10 years yet apparently only fought and won great battles against the occupying Saxons 12 times one after the other, meaning she did that just before challenging Vort, meaning that for the 9 other years she did nothing to help her people against this force that had claimed a portion of British land, also the fact they say Morgan wanted the throne but chose to work against Artoria rather than Vort even though one was on the throne and the other clearly wasn't, and finally act like killing Vort ended all the conflict even though the Saxons weren't ruled by him but Hengest and he would likely still fight till he was killed but isn't even mentioned once.

I'm just wondering if my view is not impacted by giving Vortigern an explanation and motivation for his actions in my sheets as well how deeply I am in constructing a timeline where almost everything talked of in Arthurian myth could feasibly occur. My sights may be tinted, so I'd rather be told now if I'm just shouting into the Grand Canyon and hearing my own echo.
    Do you like jazz short stories? Do you want something to distract from making Servants? Do you wish the idea of Shirou Kotomine didn't immediately bring edgelords to mind? Well, I can't promise it's good, but some would disagree with me.
    Fate/Without Justice

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i think we all agree that Nasu and his team created a great framework we really like and use.
    but these folks are not perfect and parts inside this frame are fucking stupid. As artists who use this framework we take it from there and paint the ugly parts with better ones fitting the giving framework.

in general I feel like they have an idea who to use and laserfocus their research on them and forget the other sides of their story compared with other notable heroes. Nasu has wet dreams about artoria, vortigern was bad to artoria, just shit on him
    just my uneducated impression

just keep doing what you are doing
    just because it is a copy doesnt mean it can not surpass the original
    or something like that
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Hey, does anyone know a reliable site to get Skill Icons that are all the same size? To put on my character sheets. I tried grandorder wiki but not all of them are the same size.

Lord Barthomeloi
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NittyGritty View Post
    Tf is a Fairy Knight?
    Alert! Lostbelt 6 Spoilers ahead!
    Fairy Knights are the Round Table as formed under the reign of Lostbelt Morgan le Fay, a result of the Proper Human History Knights of the Round Table being so important that the physical land itself remembers them, even within the Lostbelt where they never existed.

They're Morgan's highest-ranking generals, her crème de la crème soldiers with which she exerts her power throughout the Lostbelt. They're called "Fairy Knights" because they're fairies who have been given the title of the corresponding Knight of the Round. Fairy Tristan is not literally Tristan if he was born a Fairy, but instead a particular Fairy who, by recognition of Morgan herself[1], obtains the title and some of the powers from PHH Tristan.
    In short, Morgan's aristocracy and enforcers, entirely separate from the original article in all but title. They're far from a Lostbelt version, Alter, and they certainly don't reuse the Knights of the Round while borrowing from Gray's powerset.

A note to everyone who may want to make a Fairy Knight; I'd recommend making the PHH Knight first, so that you at least have an NP to connect the two in some way [Failnaught → Fetch Failnaught, Excalibur Galatine → Black Dog Galatine, Arondight → Innocence Arondight]

1 - From the Lostbelt 6 History document [relevant section highlighted below].
    Lots and lots of Lostbelt Spoilers!
    [The Fairy Calendar]
    14,000 years ago - Fairies start imitating human societies

6000 years ago - The savior appears

The Ash Tree, Tonelico the Savior saves Britain from disaster every 1000 years
    They say a large scale disaster strikes every 1000 years, and a smaller one every 100 years

Tonelico appears as
    Ector the Immortal
    Wryneck/Rheineck Archduke of 排熱
    Grimnir the Wise
    Totrot the Origin Knight

4000 years ago - The Summer War
    Mab, Queen of the North, starts war against the fairies
    Another savior arrives and intervenes
    The six clans system is created

[Queen's Calendar]

2,000 years ago - Morgan le Fay comes to power
    The year changes under the Queen's Calendar; coinciding with Pan-Human History's A.D.

Wing Clan is massacred by the Fang Clan at some point

Lord Bogard of Sheffield competes with Woodworth for Chief of the Fang Clan
    Woodworth was made Lord of Oxford, and Bogard Lord of Norwich
    Capless, now known as Spriggan takes over Norwich from Bogard

The Fang Clan persecutes the Fairy-Eater, and is cursed for it
    200 years ago - The Caterpillar Wars (Morgan is scared of bugs)
    ■■■■■ - is appointed as Fairy Knight Gawain

New Darlington, a slaughterhouse is constructed under Morgan le Fay's orders

100 years ago - Earth Clan Chief Spriggan lifts the ban on iron forging
    100 years ago - Tristan 'The Blood Heel' is appointed as a Fairy Knight
    100 years ago - Sheffield is abandoned

Sometime before Chaldea arrives

Mirror Clan Chief Ancel/Ainsel prophesied the coming of the Child of Prophecy
    16 years ago - Morgan kills most of the fae who were born that year

At some point Artoria Caster from the shore (16-2~ years ago)

2 months ago - Oberon is summoned and exercises his domain over Wales
    Crypter Beryl Gut arranges the burning of Fantasy Tree Tonelico (The World Tree, Yggdrasil)
    "The Pool of Misfortune" appears on top of Norwich
    King Clan Chief Knocknare (Medb) wages war on Morgan
    Percival starts a large scale human rebellion against Morgan

Events of the Atlantic Lostbelt happen

Morgan le Fay fires Rhongomyniad Magecraft at the Atlantic Lostbelt
    Beryl Gut and Koyanskaya retreat to the British Lostbelt
    Crypter Peperoncino arrives in Norwich and becomes a Count/Clothing designer
    Apostle Sengo Muramasa arrives at the British Lostbelt
    Sengo Muramasa stages an assassination attempt on Lostbelt King Morgan, fails

Morgan le Fay starts casting a large scale magecraft which will overturn the world

Merlin contacts MC through a dream

Quote Originally Posted by Morg van Destro View Post
    Speaking of lore, do I have any right to be mildly annoyed at the backstory they gave of Pan-human Camelot?
    You have every right to be annoyed at whatever should so irk you. In the case of Vortigern though, our information is somewhat lacking. Most of the time we get only Artoria's side of the story (because it's part of her backstory, ergo it's presented with her as the focus, not Vortigern or his motives), and the one instance we get of Vortigern himself hasn't got the peak of translations at time of writing. The TL is there, but it's not as comprehensive or proper as one might like, and Vortigern isn't quite the focus of the story he showed up in either.
    Simply put, they haven't explored Vortigern properly yet.
    And yes, your view is clouded by the fact that you've made your own Vortigern(s), that's human nature. An emperor sees things from the gilded seat of his throne room, gazing out upon his creations. So too does a writer look out from their chair and see things from the lens of what they've written.

My thing with the Nasuverse (especially the Fate side of things) is that they play fast and loose with the rules. As long as you can reasonably justify the exception to the rule, you can break it. I’d argue it’s not even breaking the rules so much as bending them, just like Nasuverse does with gender 5 days out of the week.
    There’s always a part of us we hide, a part of us we trample down into the dirt. Sometimes we bury it so deep, we forget it exists, or think it’s long gone. But eventually we’ll sink back to meet it. Will you be strong enough by then to finally accept it?

Profiles for my story, Fate/Imperial matrix, coming soon!(?)

Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 09:26 PM.