Page 274 of 621 FirstFirst ... 174224264269272273274275276279284324374 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,480 of 12409

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    It’s basically a system that boils down to "What you do not wish for yourself, do not do to others. Follow the old rituals, respect your family” from what I have read. It’s actually surprisingly simple when you get down to it.

(I am researching Confucianism for cursed by fortuna who is currently seeming like he’s gonna do grand caster Confucius)

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Servant Archer:

Appearance:

Source

True Name: Squanto

Alignment: True Neutral

Alternate Classes: Lancer, Rider, Berserker, Caster

Strength- C
    Agility- B
    Endurance- B+
    Mana- C
    Luck- D
    NP- B

Personality
    A thoroughgoing cynical pragmatist. Archer has seemingly no care for anyone but herself and in a conflict will gladly play both sides against each other to ensure she comes out on top. However on occasion that hardened facade will crack to reveal someone who longs to return to a home that no longer exists. All of Archer's actions, no matter how selfish or treacherous they appeared, were actually only for the sake of restoring her crumbling civilization to its former glory. She didn't care if she was reviled as a self-serving traitor, as long as the world she loved could continue on then Archer would pay that price without hesitation.

And yet, it all came to nothing in the end. Her attempts at exploiting the threat of the Pilgrims' military might to unify the warring tribes and bring back order in the region ultimately ended in her own death and the former continuing their rapacious expansion. Leaving Archer bitter and jaded at how her own actions only hastened the demise of the nation she sought to protect. She seeks the Grail to achieve what she couldn't in life, a world where her people could prosper and trade equally with the Europeans rather than being one-sidedly dominated by them.

Archer holds a great curiosity for the modern world and enjoys tinkering with technology that catches her eye. However she's far more uncomfortable in cities, finding them alien and suffocating compared to the sprawling fields of her homeland. A bundle of contradictions and perpetual observer, out of place in both this world and the one she came from.

One remnant of her former life as a warrior is an enjoyment of fighting worthy opponents. While she has no qualms using deception or dirty tricks to win, when forced to fight honorably Archer will take the chance to savor it.

Attitude to her Master
    Upon summoning Archer will play the part of the "Noble Savage" in front of her Master, acting humble and subservient. All the while she'll scope out her Master for their intentions towards her. If they're an honorable and broad-minded person who accepts differing cultures Archer may slowly open up and show more of her true self around them. Conversely should they be the sort of arrogant aristocrat who typically passes for a Mage Archer will keep it up while quietly preparing to stab them in the back should they outlive their usefulness. If she's summoned by a native Master Archer won't bother with the act.

Relationship to other Servants
    Archer has an inferiority complex towards other legendary native heroes, believing that her fame came mostly from complicity in the Europeans' conquest of her land and feeling guilty for how her own legend outshone most of theirs in the popular consciousness.

Conversely Archer holds a deep searing hatred for "heroes" who aided in subjugating her people. If summoned in the same Grail War as Christopher Columbus or other Servants who advanced colonization Archer will plot to ensure their ends are as ignominious as possible. Towards Servants from a totally different culture like Greece or India Archer will act cautiously reserved, while expressing curiosity for their lands and culture-spheres.

Likes: nature, wondrous technology, to study the world around her, her people
    Dislikes: colonization, homesickness, when her plans go awry, short-sighted fools
    Talents: agriculture, hunting, manipulation
    Natural Enemy: Christopher Columbus

Class Skills:

Independent Action- B++
    The ability to remain in existence without a supply of magical energy from one's Master. At this rank Archer can linger in the World for up to two days in the absence of an active contract, as well as survive after suffering extensive damage to her spiritual core.

Raised as a warrior for her tribe Archer learned at a young age how to forage in the wild and subsist off small amounts of nourishment. This was further fortified by the time after her fateful abduction overseas, having to struggle to survive in a world where potential enemies lurked at every corner. Additionally Archer can harvest more Mana from pacts through her Opportunist Skill, as well as draw it from the natural world by Bastion Of The Lost Age.

Magic Resistance- C
    Confers protection against magical effects. At this rank spells with a chant below two verses are nullified. Cannot cope against the likes of High Thaumaturgy or Greater Rituals. While Archer has no anecdotes of encountering magic in life, it's been ranked up through her Bastion Of The Lost Age Personal Skill.

Personal Skills:

Clairvoyance (Foreign)- B
    The eyes of one who crossed the seas to witness the wonders, and horrors, of distant lands before bringing that knowledge back to their own culture-sphere. Kidnapped from her land and sold into slavery at a young age, Archer managed to win her freedom with the help of a Spanish priest and return home, only to find it nothing like she remembered. In essence, the science-fiction story of an ordinary American abducted by aliens only to return preaching of realms and technology beyond comprehension finds precedence in such a tale.

Confers Archer a heightened ability to comprehend "foreign" concepts and entities. If it's a piece of technology she's never seen before, Archer could grasp its form and functionality after only a small amount of tinkering. Even abstractions like cultural ideals and Magecraft systems are subject to be unraveled under her keen gaze. Upon witnessing a Noble Phantasm from a foreign land she would be able to understand its effects (such as Gae Bolg's curse of causality-reversal) with only moderate difficulty.

Opportunist- C+
    A term connoting those who pledge allegiance to neither side in a conflict, but manipulate both against each other for their own ends. The true extent of Archer's duplicity is debated in history, but she allied with the natives and Pilgrims on different circumstances and ultimately met her end when both sides suspected her of betrayal.

This Skill gives Archer an advantage in both making and breaking alliances. While negotiating her words exude a subtle charisma that coaxes others to accept her claims as trustworthy. Conversely when striking against those who trust her as an ally Archer gains a bonus modifier to her Strength stat. Furthermore Archer obtains a modest amount of Mana from every individual she convinces to forge a pact with her, supplementing her Independent Action should she opt to break away from her Master.

The brand of a true opportunistic backstabber, even if--- what Archer strove for through all her lies and betrayals wasn't her own selfish gain, but the rebirth of the land cherished in her memories.

Bastion Of The Lost Age- EX
    A Skill representing native America in Archer's time as a last holdover of the Age of Gods, when the air was thick with Mana and Phantasmal Beasts still roamed the earth. Having stood astride the twilight of an era Archer is strongly endowed with its vestiges. Both her parameters and Magic Resistance are at a higher rank than one would expect of a relatively modern Heroic Spirit. Furthermore Archer can access several sub-Skills stemming from her people's deep connection to the land. These are listed below as follows:

Spoiler:
    Instinct- A
    A honed "sixth sense" that allows one to "feel" appropriate developments during battle. At this rank, the Skill is now closer to true precognition. Reduces by half any obstacles to vision or hearing. As a warrior for her tribe Archer hunted many powerful beasts in life using only her instincts. By attuning herself to the flow of
    Manitou
    World-Spirit
    within all things, Archer can react to incoming attacks slightly before they occur.

Natural Body- C
    Possession of a perfect human body from birth. Strength is ranked up, while the body retains its ideal shape regardless of calories ingested. The visiting Europeans oft marveled at the natives for their vigorous and healthy bodies from superior dieting and hygiene. Idealized by the conception of the Noble Savage as one innately healthy by living in harmony with nature, Archer obtains this Skill.

Child Of Nature- C
    Living in an era where Gaea and Alaya were less separated, Archer can freely draw on Mana from the natural world. When in areas where nature is still dominant (as opposed to urban ones like cities) Archer is passively supplied a modest amount of Mana from the World around her. Bolsters her Independent Action.

Animal Dialogue- A+
    Ability to communicate with animals that don't possess a "language of words". At an A+ rank in this Skill, Archer is able to easily give commands and communicate to most animals, even including Phantasmal and most Divine Beasts. As Native America was still part of the Age Of Gods, such creatures wandered the earth to intermingle freely amongst humans, and even 'mundane' animals were deified at the level of Divine Beasts. However, creatures of the Dragon-Kind are beyond the scope of this ability.

Uncrowned Arms Mastery- N/A
    Denotes arms prowess that went unrecognized in one's lifetime for various reasons. Archer was actually a great warrior for her tribe who performed many legendary feats before her capture by the Europeans. However with Smallpox's devastation of her homeland those accomplishments were devoured by the fangs of time. This Skill reflects that much of Archer's original legend has been obscured, to the point where she's only remembered as "that helpful native who taught the Pilgrims how to farm" by most people. To those viewing Archer's stat sheet, her parameters, bowmanship and Magic Resistance appear one rank lower than their true values.

However only three of these Skills can be utilized at a time, while Natural Body and Uncrowned Arms Mastery are passively active, so she really can only slot out one of them. Furthermore Archer actually dislikes using these abilities since they bring back bitter memories of what was lost to her.

Divinity- E

Qualifies one's aptitude as a Divine Spirit. Archer had no divine blood in life, yet she identified herself to the Pilgrims as "Tisquantum"- a term meaning "Rage" in her native Wampanoag and in particular the "world-suffusing spiritual power" that lay at the heart of coastal Indians' religious practices. In essence it were as if she introduced herself as "the wrath of God". Rather than a name she was born with it was likely a title granted to her at some point to signify her great martial and spiritual power. This affiliation lends her a weak degree of divine affinity.

Noble Phantasms
    Kyinakthleyi Maize
    Sacred Fertilization Method

Type: Support

A Noble Phantasm encapsulating the most iconic part of Archer's legend, her teaching the Pilgrims how to fertilize corn with fishheads so they could survive her land's harsh winters. An act whose meaning has been rewritten across countless cumulative tellings, before eventually becoming the basis for the celebration of Thanksgiving. Whether a simple kindness or complex political power-brokering, the true intent behind that gesture has long faded as it came to symbolize an era of camaraderie between nations that never truly existed.

Reflecting this event, Archer instantiates in the Grail War carrying a stock of several fishheads on her person. By throwing one of them into the ground and invoking this Noble Phantasm's true name, a surge of Mana is released that spurs explosively accelerated growth of plantlife. Supportively she can bring forth medicinal plants or sweet fruits that restore one's health when consumed. In combat Archer may draw on a repertoire of more deadly plants to hinder and harass her foes. Choking grasses to restrict their feet, whip-like vines and even sprouting an entire tree to carry her out of harm's way or serve as a shield against attacks.

The blessing of earth that nourished the weary Pilgrims becomes a wrath on those who'd carelessly desecrate it. Archer possesses seven of these fishheads upon her summoning as a Servant, and once expended they cannot be retrieved. The stock will however gradually replenish over time when Archer is in areas dominated by the presence of nature. Uniquely this Noble Phantasm doesn't actually require it be Archer herself calling out the true name, so they can even be lent to another. Albeit given her past it's unlikely she'd be trusting enough to do so easily...

Tisquantum
    I Am The Wrath Of God

Type: Anti-Unit~Team/Suicide-Attack

A crystallization of Archer's threat in an attempt to unify the squabbling Wampanoag tribes. She claimed the plagues heralded by the Pilgrims' arrival were no act of God but a weapon of destruction unleashed from their warships for some slight real or imagined that now lay buried beneath Plymouth Rock. And the one who curried favor with the Pilgrims, able to wield that cataclysmic power at her fingertips was none other than Archer herself. While Archer ultimately overreached in her audacious bluff and likely met her end by the poison of a rival chieftain, the memory of it- combined with the shared cultural trauma of Smallpox's devastation on her people- has been enough to actualize as a Noble Phantasm.

Archer's spiritual core is actually a "bomb" sealing away a high dose of a virulent, magical pathogen. Upon her death it cracks open to release a sickly cloud of miasma that seeps out from the wound. Any human or Servant caught in the cloud (which covers 20 feet around Archer) will come down with a magical version of the Smallpox plague. First they'll develop a fever and start bleeding from the nose, then ugly welts will form all along their body. Finally they either die or the symptoms alleviate. This whole process normally elapses in three days.

Rather than a physical illness, this is actually a curse born from the despair and regrets of every native who perished of Smallpox since its introduction by the Europeans. Thus ownership of a strong constitution can only stave off the effects as this Noble Phantasm can only truly be defeated by high Luck or Skills and Noble Phantasms garnering protection against curses. Those with anecdotes of exploiting natives or participating in the slave-trade will die faster, as if the grudges of their victims were rotting away their flesh.

The miasma-cloud remains for two days following Archer's demise, and poisons the land around it so nothing can grow there for several years. This can be seen as symbolic of the scourge Smallpox dealt on her people, entire towns reduced to desolate wastelands when Archer finally came back to find a land unlike anything she once knew. Without releasing this Noble Phantasm's true power Archer can also leak a small portion of the plague into her arrows, coating them in a corrosive curse that eats away both the bodies and souls of her targets. However as this risks undermining the integrity of her spiritual core she won't do it very often.

Craft Essence
    Return
    'I want to go back.'

That was the only thing I thought back then, every minute of every waking day.
    It was what got me through the shame of being nearly sold into slavery and the condescending compassion of those priests.
    No matter how much I had to dirty myself or swallow my pride, I'd endure it and return home.

And finally, it looked like that goal would be fulfilled. I'd managed to book a ship heading back to my homeland on a routine excursion.
    I was so happy back then. I was sure that all of this would disappear like a bad dream, and I'd finally be able to experience it all again.

The fields boundless like a clear sky.
    Tales told in raucous voices around a roaring campfire.
    The tinkling of laughter as little kids frolicked on sandy shores.

...When we docked, I saw it. Whole villages strewn in tatters. Crows picking the bones of skeletons left out to bleach in barren fields.
    I may not've understood the cause but in that moment, I knew. The innocent world I'd longed to return to... had already been mercilessly destroyed.

I could've succumbed to despair right then but I didn't. Instead, I clenched my fist to my chest and swore an oath.
    These halcyon memories wouldn't fade away like mere illusions. I would bring all of it back, no matter how much I had to sacrifice or bloody my hands.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So after considering it for a long time I finally got the inspiration to remake my old Squanto sheet. I liked some of the ideas before but I didn't look into her legend as much as I would now and overall it came off as more "generic native Servant" in parts. This time I tried to better present the aspect of someone who straddled the boundary between two worlds in a tumultuous era while never truly finding comfort in either. As usual any comments and critiques would be much appreciated. Thanks for reading all y'all!
    Last edited by RoydGolden; April 22nd, 2023 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Added sentence to 2nd NP

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Top level creator's note
    Part 3 of my project. It's recommended that you read the other two first since his lore largely skips a lot of things covered in the other two (mainly Airlangga).

Directory
    Part 1 - Mahendradatta: The Forsaken Widow
    Part 2 - Airlangga: The Sin of Not Knowing
    Part 3 - (You are here)
    Ruler of Kahuripan

-- The Kingmaker's Journey --

"My humble greetings, Master of Chaldea. This old man has been summoned under the Ruler-Class as your loyal retainer. Don't work me too hard, you hear me? ...Now, with that settled, let us begin our quest, Master. I might consider writing praises for your name if you do well enough."

Source

"Hm? Hmmm!? Now that I got a closer look at you... You really do remind me of him. That man who willingly shouldered two kingdom's worth of burden upon his shoulders as a survivor, enough for the guilt to devour him whole... Humans may be responsible for their own fates, but there are times where it's okay for you to fall back, cry, and ask for help. There's no need for you to be strong all the time. The world is far too big for one person, after all, and shouldering all that pain would be tantamount to suicide."

Class: Ruler
    Other Classes: Caster

True Name: Mpu Bharada
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Origin: Indonesia (11th century), Javanese and Balinese mythology

Parameters:

STR: D
    END: A
    AGI: D
    MGI: A
    LCK: B
    NP: C

Likes: Serving his king, philosophical discussions, board games
    Dislikes: People interrupting his religious rituals, lazy or overly passive individuals
    Talent: Meditation, mediation, writing poetry, teaching
    Natural Enemy: Airlangga, Rangda
    Armament: Cane, magecraft, clay gourd
    Catalyst: A page from the Kakawin Arjunawiwaha​, an old clay gourd

Class Skills
    Magic Resistance (A)

Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. Cancels spells of A-Rank or below, no matter what High-Thaumaturgy it is. In practice, the Servant is untouchable to modern magi, so it would not be an exaggeration to title the Servant a "Magus Killer". On top of originating from an era and area of high mystery, Ruler spent a large portion of his life in search of spiritual enlightenment. His years of spiritual experience, combined with his encounters with the supernatural (mainly the Cult of Durga), has resulted in this Skill's impressive rank.

"Honestly, it's rather impressive. The isles of Nusantara was still rife with mysticism and supernatural occurrences well into the 11th century, when mystery had been on a steep decline in most other places of the world. A place where history and folklore intermingled together, one indistinguishable from the other... I believe such factors certainly contributed to how I reached spiritual enlightenment."

True Name Discernment (B)

A Class Skill of the Ruler class where status information such as one's identity, Skills and Parameters are automatically revealed to the owner of this Skill when directly encountering a Servant. In regards to Servants with concealment abilities, a luck check is required to bypass those abilities.

"An ability gifted to me by the Grail as a Heroic Spirit of arbitration. Arbitration, huh... It's true that I don't possess any desire for the Grail, but I've always considered myself more of a teacher than a judge. After all, as that man once said, we don't have the right to judge. Not while there are still things that we don't know of pertaining to the other side. Heh, I wonder if he'd be disappointed to see me summoned under this Class..."

God's Resolution (B+)

A Class Skill of the Ruler class and the privilege of a Ruler presiding over the Holy Grail War: the right to use Command Spells against Servants. Each Ruler is normally granted two Command Spells for each Servant that participates in the Holy Grail War. Cannot repurpose the Command Spells of others. In Ruler's case, "God" refers to Batara Guru, a chief god in Indonesian Hinduism, commonly believed to be an Avatar of Shiva. Due to the deity's (mostly) benevolent depictions across legends and folklore, Ruler's Command Spells are generally more effective when used to issue similarly benevolent commands (such as suppressing conflict and/or temporarily sealing certain abilities as opposed to inflicting harm upon others, directly or indirectly).

"A bit too forceful for my taste, but this Skill has its uses. Besides, who am I to forsake His blessing? At best, I'll use it sparingly."

Personal Skills
    Hero Creation (B)

A Skill that represent the techniques and arts to raise a "King". A father figure, mentor, retainer, and closest companion of the legendary Hero-King Airlangga, it's no surprise that Ruler possesses this Skill at a decent rank. Even if one cannot necessarily become a "King" in this day and age, receiving his teachings is sure to make them a noble hero in their own right.

"What makes one a hero, you ask? That's... a difficult question. Despite this Skill insinuating how I've 'created' one, it seems that even now, the Young Master still doesn't entirely believe that he qualifies for the title. I don't blame him, though. Life certainly hasn't been kind to them. So, instead of answering your question, I'll just impart you with this vague advice; for some, being a hero means making hard choices and doing things you're not necessarily proud of. As to where you'll find yourself at the end of that path... well, who can say, really? Unfortunately, life isn't a feel-good story where your efforts are guaranteed to be repaid in full."

Storyteller (B)

A Skill that displays one's amazing eloquence with verbally narrating tales and legends. It is completely different from the written craft of literature, and adapts to the mood and mental state of the listener by selecting the most appropriate way of reciting the story, specialized in improvisation. During his later years, once the kingdom finally achieved relative peace, Ruler took up a brush and began writing in his spare time. Under the pseudonym of Mpu Kanwa, he wrote praises to Airlangga's rule, mythological tales, as well as a documentation of events taking place throughout the kingdom. Not many of his works remain to this day, but his most famous work is the Kakawin Arjunawiwaha, a retelling of Arjuna's battle with the Demon King Nivatakavacha, drawing parallels to the trials and tribulations Airlangga faced during his own life. All in all, while he is generally more proficient in writing rather than narrating, Ruler is still talented enough to metaphorically pull the listeners into his tale.

"You know, me and the Young Master go way back, so I have countless stories to share with you about him, even the ones he'd rather... keep hidden, if you know what I mean. Such as that one time when-"
    "AAAALRIGHT, THAT'S ENOUGH FOR TODAY! Gramps, you must be tired, let's get you to bed, okay!? We can, uh... carry on this conversation another time, Master!"
    "YOU CAN'T KEEP ME SILENT FOREVER, YOUNG MASTER!"

Proof of Friendship (C)

A Skill to suppress an enemy Servant's fighting spirit to a certain extent, where then a dialogue can begin. However, the enemy Servant must not possess a Mental Pollution Skill. In regards to a Holy Grail War, an advantageous check can be obtained when constructing temporary alliances. After Airlangga embarked on his aesthetic journey, he appointed his two sons to rule his kingdom together in his absence. However, conflict disagreements between the two princes grew increasingly frequent, and the threat of a civil war began to brew. It was at this moment that Ruler, as the kingdom's chief advisor, skillfully mediated between the two and diffused the rising tensions. Finally, he divided the kingdom of into two smaller territories; the central Kingdom of Kediri and the Kingdom of Janggala. The two territories make up the Greater Kingdom of Kahuripan, and the two princes ruled over their respective territories justly. Thus, Ruler obtained this Skill for his feat of curbing the threat of civil war.

"Those boys were a handful, I tell you. Things just weren't the same after the Young Master left. Of course, some may consider it selfish for him to do so, but after everything he's been through, I suppose it's only natural for him to seek answers. Anyway, if he knew what happened to his kingdom afterwards... I wonder what he'd think of the matter. Could I have handled things better..? The past is in the past, but sometimes I can't help but ponder on those questions."

Magecraft (B)

Knowledge about modern thaumaturgy. A devoted adherent of ancient Indonesian Hinduism, Ruler sought power and enlightenment during his younger years, and this path shaped him into a wise master of the mystic arts. He is highly proficient in various types of magecraft, including but not limited to healing, elemental manipulation, self-reinforcement, psychokinesis, and more. Yet unsurprisingly, there's one type of magecraft he refuses to use under any circumstances, despite technically having the necessary knowledge to wield it; Durga's black magic.

"Ah yes, back then I longed to change the world. I trained my spirit, prayed to Batara Guru above, meditated to temper my soul, seeking enlightenment. I was rewarded with power, yet the answer I sought still remained nowhere within sight. Then surprisingly, my answer came not in the form of a revelation from the heavens, but from a young boy begging me to help him save the kingdom or something like that. That was when I realized that all this power granted to me by the heavens above, they are but means to an end. If you want to change the world, you can't just sit around waiting for God to answer your prayers. You must act, and if your cause is just, surely He will open up a path for you."

Noble Phantasm(s)
    Esteemed Kingmaker of the Awarded Hero
    Kakawin Arjunawiwaha

"Eh? You'd like me to use this, Master? Are you sure? If you're unprepared, the aftereffects... won't be pretty."
    "Sheesh, I see. There's no point doubting your resolve, is there? Very well. Then, I shall bestow this power upon you. Use it well."

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: -
    Max Targets: 1

An ancient Javanese poem depicting parallels between the Hero-King Airlangga and the Mahabharata protagonist Arjuna. In truth, this poem was penned by Ruler's hands during his later years, granting him access to this Noble Phantasm (albeit with a different application compared to Airlangga's version of the same Noble Phantasm). Rather than simply embracing the identity of Arjuna, Ruler enforces parallels between the target of this Noble Phantasm and the Awarded Hero in question, temporarily granting them a fraction of his power akin to a pseudo-Servant. That said, unlike Airlangga, who already has an established connection to Arjuna, the target of this Noble Phantasm... may not necessarily have the same qualities. Thus, this Noble Phantasm's power output (such as accessible Skills, mana cost, and the strain it imposes on both body and mind) depends entirely on the target's "heroic" qualities.

Incidentally, it is possible to use this Noble Phantasm offensively with some... out-of-the-box thinking. Using it on someone wholly incompatible with Arjuna's character (for example, an openly villainous scumbag who does not exhibit any of the Awarded Hero's positive qualities) would result in an error, creating something similar to a Broken Phantasm. In simpler terms, it would create a powerful shockwave equivalent to a small, localized explosion. While this shockwave might not necessarily be fatal (especially when used against Servants), it still proves to be a reliable method of offense.

Unfortunately, a downside to this Noble Phantasm is that the same thing could potentially happen to anyone targeted by this Noble Phantasm. Theoretically speaking, the higher compatibility the target has with Arjuna, the lower the chances of this Noble Phantasm horribly backfiring on the target. Yet the probability is still there, no matter how small. This makes Ruler generally reluctant to utilize this Noble Phantasm for long periods of time, unless he is absolutely sure that his target is absolutely worthy of this power.

O River, Sever the Kingdom in Two
    Kali Brantas

"There is but a single straight line separating us. A river, perhaps. Cross it, and misfortune is sure to find you. Now, just what will you do..?"

Type: Anti-Unit, Anti-Army
    Range: 1-500
    Max Targets: -

A certain succession crisis threatened the stability of Kahuripan during Ruler's later years. After King Airlangga abdicated from his position, he gave ownership of the kingdom to his two sons. While the two princes initially got along well, gradually, their ambitions began to get the better of them. They began arguing and plotting against each other, and the possibility of a bloody civil war threatened the kingdom's peace. When other ministers and kingdom officials failed to mediate the conflict between the two brothers, Ruler was summoned to do what they could not. Hearing their plight, it was said that Ruler simply took out an enchanted clay gourd and began pouring water from it. Miraculously, water continued to flow from the gourd, and after a few hours, the water formed a river, later known as the river Brantas (Kali Brantas). The river perfectly divided the kingdom into two regions, Kediri and Janggala, and Ruler decreed that the two princes should rule over these two regions separately. Furthermore, he also warned that anyone from who crossed the river from one region to the other with ill intent will be met with misfortune. For a time, his prophecy was proven true; conspirators, spies, and criminals who tried to instigate conflicts between the two regions found themselves in numerous accidents, oftentimes killing or at least crippling them for life. Thanks to this, relations between the two sub-regions of Kahuripan remained cooperative, and the kingdom prospered for about two more centuries. This enchantment was finally nullified in the late 13th century, when the Singhasari King Wisnuwardhana managed to unite the two regions once again without a single drop of blood spilled.

As a Noble Phantasm, Ruler's clay gourd effectively functions as a "portable river" of sorts. From it, he could release massive amounts of water, and manipulate its flow to a certain extent. Its output is limited, meaning he couldn't just release an entire river simultaneously without a few hours' worth of preparation. Of course, it's unlikely that he would utilize this Noble Phantasm to that extent to begin with. Most of the time, he simply takes out a small amount of water, and utilizes his water-bending skills to form whips, barriers, projectiles, and so on.

By unleashing this Noble Phantasm's True Name, Ruler could tap into the river's misfortune-inducing properties. Upon activation, he creates a single straight line using the water, akin to a very small river or moat. Any "unauthorized" individuals who dared to cross over this body of water would have their luck parameter rapidly drop, hitting them with progressively worse forms of misfortune the further they trespassed from the established "line". Only one "river" may be established at any given moment, and while this Noble Phantasm lacks true offensive potential, it is highly effective at restricting the enemy's movement.

Description
    Ruler's True Name is Mpu Bharada, an old Balinese sage, spiritualist, poet, and most famously known as a mentor and retainer to the Hero-King Airlangga.

Despite his seemingly benevolent title of "sage", Ruler himself is far from "benevolent". His older form may make it difficult for him to engage in prolonged strenuous activities, yet he's not the type to shy away from battles. In fact, he could still hold his own well enough, thanks to his extensive knowledge of magecraft and wisdom. Outside the battlefield, Ruler channels these impulses through meditation. Alternatively, he can also act as a stern, almost militant teacher (especially when his students show promise, or a certain brand of passion that reminds him of "the Young Master").

Ruler's fondness for teaching was born of his belief that "fate can only be changed by the hands of man, and not by any god or demon". After decades of spiritual journey, he reached the conclusion that while humans can pray and give offerings to the gods above, ultimately, the main actor capable of changing one's fate is only the individual in question. Thus, he admires those who proactively seek to better themselves as opposed to forever relying on external powers. In that regard, Ruler believes that his role as a "hero" is over, being summoned as "a ghost of an old man". Even so, he acknowledges that even heroes cannot hope to accomplish everything by themselves. Thus, he is more than happy to lend a helping hand to these "heroes of the future".

In less serious situations, Ruler tends to take up a brush and write poems and sonnets praising legendary heroes for their feats. Aside from that, his vast experience also made him popular with children and adults alike as a storyteller. In Chaldea, he is recently known for organizing shadow puppetry shows along with fellow storytellers such as Shakespeare and Scheherazade.

Incidentally, due to the time he spent with Airlangga in life, he knew a number of the king's... lesser-known escapades. He's fully willing to talk about these escapades as part of his many stories, yet every time he does so, the king in question always arrive just in time to stop him with a flustered expression, much to the disappointment of the audience.

Lore
    Act 1: A Monk in Search of Answers
    "Why is the world such a cruel place?" That was one of the questions that plagued the mind of young Mpu Bharada. As a Hindu monk, he journeyed across villages, forests, and mountains alike, yet all he saw was suffering; starving peasants, bandits taking from the poor, parents losing their children to war and illness... Believing that the world could not provide a sufficient answer to this plight, he sought answer from the gods. His journey finally took him to the peak of Bali's mount Agung, an area rife with mysticism, believed to be a gateway between Earth and
    Kahyangan
    the heavens above
    . Seeking answers, the monk decided to meditate there, hoping to hear a satisfactory answer from the gods.

Days turned to weeks. Weeks turned to months. Months turned to years. Atop mount Agung, Mpu Bharada coninued to train his body and spirit alike. Eventually, he lost track of time... yet no answer came. The gods, if they are there at all, never paid any mind to his prayers.

...That is until one day, when his meditation was interrupted by a certain impertinent young boy who scaled the mountain after hearing rumors of a powerful hermit residing there. The boy, introducing himself as Airlangga, prince of the Kingdom of Bedahulu, begged him to save his people. According to him, a mysterious group known as the Cult of Durga had unleashed unspeakable evil upon the land. The monk turned him away. He lamented the fact that evil had once again ravaged the world, and that the people's suffering. He prayed and meditated even harder, hoping for an end to the pain and suffering. No answer presented itself. All the while, the boy continued to pester him for the next few days, much to his annoyance.

...Then the realization hit him. What if this was their answer? Mpu Bharada laughed, realizing that he had effectively made a fool of himself. He embarked on his spiritual journey hoping for an enlightening revelation, or some great supernatural power, yet he was mistaken. The gods wanted him to act, and there could be no finer opportunity than this one. It was here that he first realized that while the gods could offer guidance and blessings, the only one who could make a difference in the world of man... is mankind itself.

Finally agreeing to the prince's request, the monk scaled down the mountain. Sure enough, just as Airlangga had described, Bali was at the brink of destruction. The monk had been so engrossed in his meditation that he failed to notice all this suffering. Resolving to atone for his mistake, Mpu Bharada pledged his allegiance to the kingdom, as Airlangga's retainer. Together, they gathered allies and formed plans to foil the plans of the nefarious cult.

A clash between the two forces were simply inevitable. A festive wedding ceremony turned into a bloody battlefield after a plan went off the rails. Airlangga, accompanied by Mpu Bharada and the Divine Beast Barong fought off a horde of fanatical cultists under the command of the Demon Queen Rangda. At the end of the battle, Airlangga was forced to face the Demon Queen in battle, who was revealed to be his own mother, who had went missing many years ago. The group emerged victorious, if just barely, yet the price of victory was high. A fellow monk named Mpu Bahula, who had studied under Mpu Bharada, fell in battle. Airlangga's sister, who had aligned herself with the Demon Queen's cause for reasons unknown, was killed by her own brother's hands. The Demon Queen herself was too powerful to fully defeat, and so, Barong had to sacrifice himself to seal her away. At the end of it all, Mpu Bharada could only watch as the prince wept at the scene of carnage before his eyes. He knew then that suffering will always exist. Stopping the cult does not mean erasing the concept itself. During such difficult times, some people- proud individuals commonly seen as "heroes"- would rise up for the sake of good... yet as the prince once confided in him... What does good even mean? More often than not, the price these "heroes" had to pay was a steep one, and Airlangga was no different.

Whatever the case, following the climatic battle, Mpu Bharada continued to pledge his loyalty to the young prince. He had a feeling that the conflict was far from over, and he would not pass up on the chance to support one of these "heroes" in his time of need.

Sure enough, over the next few years, Airlangga went through numerous trials and tribulations. His kingdom and family lost to invaders from the Srivijaya Empire, his royal title was effectively meaningless. Reduced to a simple wanderer, he gradually amassed a powerful force to retaliate against the empire which took his home. Upon the remnants of the fallen Srivijaya Empire, Airlangga established his own kingdom; the Kingdom of Kahuripan, and came to be celebrated as a just and benevolent ruler. Throughout these turbulent times, Mpu Bharada continued to fight by his side as a teacher, a friend, and an advisor. The people of Kahuripan regarded him as a wise sage who served as the King's right-hand man. And so Srivijaya fell, and in its place, Kahuripan prospered...

Act 2: A Sage in Search of Peace
    Eventually, seasons changed and years passed. The chaos that ravaged the island of Java gradually subsided, and the people began to settle into the routines of mundane life. Mpu Bharada himself was no exception. The days of battle were well past him, and Airlangga had matured into a fine ruler in his own right. As the kingdom's chief retainer and advisor, he occasionally offered guidance to the King when necessary. Outside the palace, he took up writing under the pseudonym of Mpu Kanwa, chronicling various events within the kingdom, and writing praises to the King. For a time, Kahuripan knew true peace.

Circa. 1045, Airlangga abdicated the throne to embark on a spiritual journey of his own. He appointed his two sons to rule the kingdom jointly in his absence. Bidding farewell to his dear friend and student, Mpu Bharada offered to once again take up the role of a more active advisor within the palace, to offer guidance to the two princes. While the two joint rulers initially managed the kingdom well enough, it sooner became clear that the two did not always get along. Their arguments grew more frequent, and before long, the people began taking sides, embroiled in their conflict. A civil war was brewing, and it was only a matter of time before the conflict would blow up in a bloody resolution.

Believing his skills to be required once again, Mpu Bharada set out to mediate negotiations between the two princess. After a tense period of negotiations, an agreement was finally reached, which would resolve the brewing conflict without bloodshed. Using his knowledge of magecraft, the old sage created a river which divided the kingdom into two territories of equal size. To prevent any future conflict, he also imparted a curse which would befall anyone who would cross the river with the intent to cause harm to either territories. And so Kahuripan was split in two; Kediri and Janggala, and the two princes were assigned to rule over these two territories. Mpu Bharada's plan worked; conflicts ceased, while the two territories engaged in civil political and trade relations.

His job finally complete, Mpu Bharada took it upon himself to act as an overseer to the two territories. He spent his final days in peaceful meditation, still freely offering guidance to anyone who seeks it from him.

Relationships
    Chen Gong:
    "What a peculiar feeling... I feel a strange sense of kinship with this man. At the same time, something tells me couldn't have been any more different..."

Merlin:
    "Your King needed you. You could have done something, anything! Yet you did not. Leaving everything to vague prophecies, quantum time locks, and the like... How irresponsible. The moment the universe said something cannot be done, that's when you should strife to prove it wrong. If you still failed despite all that, at the very least you could say you tried."

Scathach, Chiron, Zhou Tong:
    "Fellow teachers, eh? It seems you've raised some fine heroes as well. I don't mean to brag, but those so-called 'heroes' don't stand by themselves; they have others fighting beside them. Mentors, friends, family... all of them shaped a 'hero' to become the proud individual they are known for."

Robert Dudley:
    "You stood by her side for so long, despite the numerous tragedies you endured... your devotion is something to behold, young man."

William Shakespeare, Sir Thomas Malory:
    "You know, Master, I quite enjoy my little partnership with them. They certainly have a way with words. Sir Shakespeare is exceptionally talented in writing, while Sir Malory holds an intriguing view on the values of heroism. Lately, we've been holding puppet shows and storytelling sessions every weekend, and the audience's joyful expressions never fail to make me smile as well. Of course, you're free to attend these performances whenever you feel like it."

Morgan le Fay (Lostbelt):
    "Ah, you've certainly went through a lot, have you? You tried to take charge of your own destiny, forcing fate to abide to your whims, over, and over, and over... I can only pray that you've found some semblance of happiness here."

Rangda:
    "Despite knowing full well what you did, the Young Master still wept for you. He kept wondering if he truly did the right thing, or if he could have handled things better. Frankly, I don't blame him, seeing you're still his mother and all. At the same time, I can't entirely blame you either, seeing how much you suffered before embracing your position as Demon Queen. Yet even so... I cannot allow your twisted brand of justice to continue. If the Young Master did not have it in him to cut you down once and for all... I shall do it in his stead."

Airlangga:
    "Young Master, what a surprise! ...or not, it should be no surprise to see someone like you here, among the greatest humanity has to offer. As a friend and a teacher, I'm proud of you. Now come, we haven't seen each other in forever! I won't hear a single self-deprecating remark from you today!"

Bond CE
    The Story of a Certain Man

Source

Eh? Me? Perhaps you were expecting some sentimental item, or a piece of centuries-old wisdom... I'm afraid I couldn't offer you either.
    I'm just a boring old man you could find anywhere, after all.
    Nothing the least bit interesting about that.
    Well, since we all have to come up with something for this section... I suppose I'll offer you a short story instead.

Once upon a time there lived a man. A prince of a certain kingdom.
    He sought good, and vanquished evil. All things considered, he is most certainly what you would call a "hero".
    Yet the man did not feel like one.

"What is good?"
    "What is evil?"

He did what he believed was right, only to be met with tragedy after tragedies. Not entirely, his fault, mind you, but he took it all the same.

The world could not forgive him.
    He too could not forgive himself.

Eventually, the man succeeded in retaking what was rightfully his.
    He saved countless lives, and the people adored him.

Having fulfilled his purpose, he decided to leave, seeking his own meaning, an answer to the very same question that plagued him throughout his entire life.

As to whether he found said answer at the end of it all...
    Well, who can say, really?

Creator's Notes
    A quickie I did and procrastinated on.
    • Well, to be exact, this is more like part 2.5. I hadn't originally planned to write this one, but then I decided I might as well pad up the cast a bit before we reach the eventual climax. He's also considerably shorter content-wise and... less high-effort compared to Airlangga? A very simple and straightforward sheet that I don't have any strong feelings on, but he's still somewhat necessary in the overall narrative.
    • Mpu Bharada and Mpu Kanwa are originally two different people. The former is (most likely) a mythical character serving as the Merlin-equivalent to Airlangga's legend (or at least the more fantastical retellings of said legend), while the latter's existence has some actual historical basis dating to the time of Airlangga's rule. However, the only evidence supporting his existence is his literature works (and only a few of them still exists to this day). All in all, Mpu Kanwa has more historical basis than Mpu Bharada, but Mpu Bharada just led a more exciting life overall. So I decided to combine the two to get the best of both worlds; Bharada gets in-universe historical basis and that Arjuna NP, while Kanwa gets a more exciting life beyond the few lines referencing him in Wikipedia.
    • With this outta the way, I could finally get to writing my contest entry, or preparing for the next part (which I plan to post on the 19th, second anniversary of me posting Rangda in that contest back then. I sure hope I wouldn't procrastinate too much then...
    • Anyway, better buckle your seatbelts, cuz' the next part is where things really start to get dark.

Last edited by BnEl15; October 2nd, 2021 at 03:13 AM.

Blog Entries
    Squanto: I liked the girl when I saw her thighs.
    One can see you had fun creating her. You made so many good skills out of her legend. I really like what you did with her. Great work.
    Only qualms I have is the Clairvoyance skill, I feel like the name is not really fitting. But this skill was changed into all kinds of weird stuff when FGO started balancing, so what do I know.

Bharada: good sheet, but something is off, missing. I thought you perhaps struggled with his quotes, because they seem a bit too casual and self aware, but like you said that one was a quickie. perhaps it is just that.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    Squanto: I liked the girl when I saw her thighs.
    One can see you had fun creating her. You made so many good skills out of her legend. I really like what you did with her. Great work.
    Only qualms I have is the Clairvoyance skill, I feel like the name is not really fitting. But this skill was changed into all kinds of weird stuff when FGO started balancing, so what do I know.
    Thanks man. In an earlier draft that Skill was named Crosser Of Worlds instead but since she was an Archer (and had another Skill already named "x of y") I wanted to give her a Clairvoyance variant even if it was a bit of a stretch. And yeah, that was inspired by similar weird variants in canon like Fionn's Clairvoyance (Beauty) or Arjuna Alter's Clairvoyance (Transcendence).

Blog Entries
    Servant Berserker:

Appearance:

Source

True Name: Naram-Sin 'King Cursed by the Gods'

Alignment: Lawful Mad

Alternate Class: Lancer

Strength- A
    Agility- B
    Endurance- A+
    Mana- B
    Luck- E-
    NP- A+

Personality
    A bitter and reserved man. While still giving the airs of a noble monarch Berserker is unmistakably a jaded shell of his former self. He bears a deep hatred for the gods, whom he considers corrupt tyrants who neglected the plight of his people. Berserker doesn't blame the curse that ravaged his country on his own actions but rather the gods, who punished him for standing up to their inequity.

However, while he does not regret his choices, Berserker still grieves the lives of his beloved citizens who met their end because of the gods' anger. Fundamentally, he is a kind king who doesn't wish to see his subjects get hurt or cry, so the indifference of the gods to their "children's" suffering is both infuriating and incomprehensible to him. In his rarer reflective moments he questions whether his path is the correct one, or if he could've spared his people by complying with the will of the gods, but ultimately can't accept becoming a puppet of those who stole everything from him.

Needless to say, the fact that Berserker can only maintain his even semi-coherent state through the vestigial divine blessing conferred by his first Noble Phantasm is something that truly vexes him. He considers it the ultimate insult for one who opposed the tyranny of the gods but reluctantly accepts it as a means to obtaining his wish on the Grail.

That is to go back in time to his former kingdom, but this time with the power to truly defy and wage war against the gods.

Dislikes: the gods, reminders of his current pitiful state
    Talents: everything necessary for a king (former), opposing the gods
    Natural Enemy: Enlil

Class Skills:

Mad Enhancement- D~A+
    A Skill that characterizes the Berserker Class, raising parameters in return for a loss of sanity and/or hindering mental capacities. Only Strength and Endurance are ranked up, while the Servant has difficulty thinking and speaking coherently. With some effort, Berserker is capable of suppressing his immense rage against the gods to have an articulate conversation.

However all that is only through the stabilizing effects of his first Noble Phantasm that keep the curses constantly ravaging his body at bay. When it's removed Berserker's Mad Enhancement immediately spikes to A+, ranking up all parameters but rendering him a true rampaging monster whose impossible to control even by his own Master.

Personal Skills:

Divinity- D
    Qualifies one's aptitude as a Divine Spirit. As the first Mesopotamian king to have deified himself, claiming identification with the moon god Sin Berserker would normally have a strong divine aspect. However later legends of his hubris and rage against the gods have heavily diminished this Skill to the point where only a vestige of his former divinity remains. Much to his chagrin, as he'd rather burn away that "blotch" entirely.

Charisma- E-
    A composite Skill encompassing one's natural charm as well as the ability to command armies in battle. At this rank leadership abilities increase but the morale of those under one's command drops sharply. Hailed as a king who brought the Akkadian empire to its cultural and military zenith, Berserker earned the widespread adoration of his subjects to the point where they unanimously insisted on venerating him to godhood. However later portrayals soured this reputation, depicting Berserker instead as a tyrant whose hubris brought the ruin of his own kingdom. Thus his charisma has dropped to the lowest possible level.

Sar Kissatim- EX
    Meaning "King of the Universe" or "King of the Four Corners", it was a title claimed by one who held territories on every part of the known world in their lifetime. Berserker was the second in history to grant himself this title after his grandfather Sargon, having presided over a great expansion in Akkad's military reach. Even fallen to madness the fame of one that once ruled all across the world is not lost. This Skill maximizes Berserker's fame-bonus when summoned in any part of the world his empire reached and allows him to shut out other Skills and Noble Phantasms that involve claiming territory.

Enfleshed Calamity- C~A+
    A Skill for those who brought about disaster in life to the point where they were considered synonymous with it. Berserker possesses this Skill due to being conflated with the Curse of Akkad that occurred during his reign. Beneath the holy-wrappings that perpetually adorn him, Berserker's body is a "living curse" subject to every evil and infirmity in the world.

His flesh a gruesome tableau of scars and open sores leaking puss, his eyes milky with cataracts and limbs gnarled. Yet impossibly Berserker can still move and fight in this condition, for being a living curse, every curse is only a natural condition for him. His blood and heart full of curses sustain his body long past the point it should've given out. However it does nothing for the excruciating pain Berserker feels, needing to be constantly suppressed by his first Noble Phantasm to keep his mind even somewhat stable.

This Skill allows Berserker to absorb the damage of curse-based attacks harmlessly, instead converting them into magical power for himself. Furthermore all his bare-bodied attacks have a moderate chance of inflicting a random curse status on the opponent, which can be anything from breaking out in hives to gradual HP drain or loss of one or more senses.

While this Skill can be seen as a reflection of Berserker's worst deeds as king, there is also another way of looking at it. In taking on the full consequences of the Curse through his own flesh, Berserker shares his people's suffering as his own. Perhaps in that light, it's his way of taking responsibility for all the calamity his actions wrought. In other words an expression of the exalted king's natural nobility that remains untarnished by his descent into madness.

Noble Phantasms
    Asutu Ekur
    Oh Enlil, Cleanse Me

Type: Support

A Noble Phantasm signifying the divine protection of the Ekur, the highest temple to Enlil in Nippur. Berserker's desecration of that temple was what truly brought the curse of the gods down upon him. Thus as a Servant the Ekur's protection is the only thing holding back Berserker's curse.

This Noble Phantasm takes the form of holy ointment-soaked medical-bandages wrapping Berserker's body from head to toe, strewn with glyphs in divine Sumerian script. While garbed in them Berserker's body is consecrated as a living "temple", carrying the effect of repelling status ailments directed at him. This suppresses the innumerable curses infesting Berserker, reducing his Mad Enhancement and Enfleshed Calamity Skills to manageable levels while entirely sealing his third Noble Phantasm.

In combat Berserker can weaponize the bandages around his limbs by lashing them out like whips to strike and grapple enemies. Due to their holy properties they exhibit greater effectiveness against demons and evil spirits, searing through their flesh like a hot knife to butter.

Salahu Saqu
    Tear Up The Divine

Type: Anti-Unit~Fortress/Anti-Divine

As his city languished, Berserker spent seven years praying to the gods for an answer to his plight. Yet what came was only silence. Incensed at the indifference of the gods who didn't lift a finger to help their people, Berserker raised his axe and tore up the foundations of the holy sanctuary Ekur. An unparalleled act of sacrilege that brought on Berserker the ire of all the gods and ultimately resulted in the ruination of his kingdom. Yet still he does not regret, only continuing to rage against the gods that stole everything from him.

Conceptualized as a Noble Phantasm, that feat embodies as a giant greataxe with a shovel-shaped lapis-lazuli blade. A hulking and cumbersome implement that appears more suited for tearing up buildings than ending lives, only Berserker's immense strength allows him to swing it as an ordinary armament. Carrying no glory of bringing victory in battle, it is a vicious weapon for the simple purpose of destruction despite its beautiful appearance.

When infused with Berserker's Mana and swung through the air it expels violent waves of lapis-lazuli colored energy that upheave the earth in their wake. Bearing the concept "destroying all that belongs to the gods" born of Berserker's immense hatred for them these shockwaves deal devastating damage against opponents, objects and structures affiliated with the divine. Capable of toppling a magically reinforced temple in a single blow provided it held strong ties to the gods. Berserker can further enhance the range and versatility of this Noble Phantasm by wrapping his bandages around it and lashing it around like a giant bladed flail.

Araru Akkad
    Oh Gods, Answer Me With Your Wrath

Type: Anti-City/Anti-Self

Berserker's final Noble Phantasm, crystallizing the curse that ravaged Akkad during his reign. Brought on by his own hubris it is undoubtedly the greatest shame of Berserker's legend, tarring a once-revered king's name as one synonymous with foolishness and misdeed.

To invoke this Noble Phantasm Berserker need merely shed the holy wrappings anointing him, symbolically scorning his last vestiges of divine protection. Upon doing so he throws back his head and lets out an enormous scream as the countless curses stored within his body erupt violently outwards. Seeping from his open wounds and pus-ridden sores, a toxic yellow miasma-cloud expands around Berserker, designating the land within as "one revoked of all the blessing of the gods". Earth decays, water turns bitter and poisonous, plants either die or warp into gnarled thorny weeds alien to anything on earth.

Humans caught in the cursed space without magical or divine protection will grow increasingly ill before succumbing. First their eyes water and burn, next sores break out across their body and finally their blood boils, killing them quickly. This whole process elapses in several minutes for an ordinary human. Servants and those who can shield themselves by circulating Mana through their bodies can last longer.

While this Noble Phantasm is active Berserker is in immense pain due to all the curses ravaging his body. As such he can only rampage uncontrollably without even his Master's commands having any effect on him. Rather than a Heroic Spirit, he becomes a personification of calamity itself that only exists to rage while scattering destruction and disaster.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So this is the second sheet I'd been saving up for a while in case it fit the contest prompt. Since it didn't I'll be posting it here. As usual comments and critiques would be welcome. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    oof, i recently thought what could be the most disgusting servant in term of appearance be? Guess you made something revolting to imagine.
    Despite that it is a cool servant, definitely one of the more dangerous servants in a HGW due to his nature

University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    oof, i recently thought what could be the most disgusting servant in term of appearance be? Guess you made something revolting to imagine.
    Despite that it is a cool servant, definitely one of the more dangerous servants in a HGW due to his nature
    Kafka's NP says hi.

But real talk, his gruesomeness aside, this is a good sheet. I like the concept of his bandages holding back his true powers and keeping him sane, despite it being a "gift" from the gods he hated so much, and the other NPs are simple, but creative. It's a wonder how this guy doesn't qualify as an Avenger, despite everything he went through.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    Kafka's NP says hi.

But real talk, his gruesomeness aside, this is a good sheet. I like the concept of his bandages holding back his true powers and keeping him sane, despite it being a "gift" from the gods he hated so much, and the other NPs are simple, but creative. It's a wonder how this guy doesn't qualify as an Avenger, despite everything he went through.
    I kinda' figured Avenger or Berserker would be the official Class to represent that aspect of him, and the latter fit what I imagined a bit more. Plus as Avenger he'd be ripping off Angra's covered in bandages shtick a little.

Blog Entries
    Assassin of Passionate Flames:

Appearance:

Source

True Name
    : Yaoya Oshichi/Konohanasakuya-hime

Alignment: Neutral Evil

Alternate Classes: Berserker, Lover

Soundtrack: Spark Again by Aimer

Strength- E++
    Agility- D++
    Endurance- D++
    Mana- C
    Luck- D
    NP- A+

Personality
    A cheerful girl who speaks avidly about love. She could easily get along at a girls' talk happily trading stories of each other's first crushes. However Assassin is in truth a mentally twisted person following her survival through the Great Fire of Tenna. Having lost everything including her parents and siblings in that tragedy, Assassin's broken mind locked onto the one person who was still there for her, a passing
    Hikeshi
    firefighter
    who'd arrived to scoop her out of the wreckage.

Although they only glimpsed each other and traded words for a short time, the memory of his gentle expression and concerned voice lit a fire within the young girl's heart. For Assassin that person was truly her savior and she would do anything for the hope of meeting them again, even if it meant starting more fires that stole countless lives. A colorless and empty life without even a single thing precious to you might as well be death--- so saying that, Assassin sets the world ablaze with her strongly held feelings.

Assassin's image of her "savior" is actually rather blurry and combined with her fragile mental state she's liable to perceive any heroic-looking male Servant or Master in the Grail War as "him". Upon ascertaining someone who matches her ideal Assassin dedicates herself to causing as much destruction as possible to draw the attention of her longed-for "hero".

"It's simple. A hero arrives to defeat evil, so I'll simply become the greatest evil. Then that man will be sure to come back to me. And with that, he'll finally 'save' me..."

Rather than genuine animosity, for Assassin their back-and-forth of committing crimes and stopping them is more akin to "date-plans". She'll gleefully invite the opponent to chase her, teasing and giggling throughout like a schoolgirl on a date with her first crush. Conversely Assassin has a deep contempt for "boring people" who she sees as just trodding through life without any passion animating them. To her such people are scarcely worthy of becoming ash for her flames. She admires Servants who had a similar devotion to love in her legend, though her mentality is fundamentally incompatible with many of them and Assassin will merrily recount details of her "romance" without any selfawareness over how horrifying it sounds.

Incidentally, while Assassin's Saint Graph is comprised equally of Yaoya Oshichi and the goddess Konohanasakuya-hime it is undoubtedly the former whose personality dominates in their manifestation. Rather than truly affirming her twisted ideals, the goddess merely lends her grace out of sympathy to the young girl's broken soul.

Relationships/Reactions:

Shirou Emiya: "How amusing... I see you've gone through a similar tragedy as me, though the answers we took from it could scarcely be more different. Well how about it then Mr. hero of justice? I'll start fires, you'll stop them, we can keep having fun until both of us burn to ashes~. Aw, what's with that sour face? This is a very special offer since you're just my type y'know."

Nameless Hikeshi: "That outfit... there's no doubt in my mind you're the one who saved me! I'm so happy, I dreamed for so long of the day I'd finally meet you again. Now then, let's repeat our meeting from back then. Can you save me from these flames... even if it means extinguishing my very life?"

Kiyohime: Upon observing their similar twisted views on love, any potential of a "girls' talk" between these two has been strongly vetoed by Chaldea's director. The consequences of such an encounter would surely prove catastrophic both for the unlucky Master and the world at large.

"Robert Hubert": "I see a great fire made you into a monster as well. Yet you don't even know the reason for it anymore. Whereas all my sins are committed in the name of love, so I'd gladly accept whatever responsibility came to me. How pitiful, if you'll merely burn and destroy without a purpose, then flicker to nothing right here and now."

Dislikes: mere survival, boring people
    Talent: firestarting
    Natural Enemy: Nameless Hikeshi

Class Skills:

Presence Concealment- D-
    The talent to obscure one's presence as a Servant. However the level of concealment drops sharply the moment one prepares to attack. At this rank it's suitable for spying as long as no sudden movements are made. Assassin had no particular aptitude for subterfuge in life, yet through her innocent and underwhelming appearance she's capable of passing undetected. When her Mental Pollution (Fire-Scene) triggers this Skill is further reduced, as Assassin abandons any thought of stealth to luxuriate herself in the destruction her fires bring.

Personal Skills:

Annihilation Wish- B+
    Her love is like flames, burning brilliantly and consuming all in its reach until being extinguished. Assassin accepts that and merely resolves to embrace as much as she can before the inevitable end. By converting her own Saint Graph into kindling Assassin can heavily boost her physical parameters. Compensating for her natural frailty and that of her Class Container, she briefly obtains combat power to challenge even a top-specced Servant.

Truly love is a maiden's power, making possible to overcome any obstacles or adversity that'd stand in the way of reuniting with her beloved person. At least, that's what Assassin herself says. However, the "love" she preaches is merely self-immolation. Assassin steadily burns out her spiritual core each time she uses this Skill, hastening her own death. If it were to mean a chance to see "that person" again, she would throw herself into the flames without hesitation.

Through the influence of Assassin's patron goddess this Skill is visually symbolized by fiery tattoos of sakura branches blooming all along her arms and upper-back. Beginning in full blossom they slowly begin to wilt the longer it's active, reflecting the time-limit before Assassin's lifespan fully burns to nothing.

Mental Pollution (Fire-Scene)- E++
    A distorted mentality that affords protection against mental influencing thaumaturgy, at the cost of making it difficult to relate to others not similarly twisted. Assassin seems to have a normal mentality most of the time and can only weakly resist mental interference, making it somewhat mysterious why she even possesses this Skill at all. However the extent of Assassin's mental corruption scales with the presence of fire around her. When surrounded by flames her psyche completely unravels as she cackles and dances giddily within the inferno, wishing for nothing other than to spread it as far as possible.

This stems from the trauma Assassin suffered in the previous Great Fire she lived through. When everything she knew and loved perished in ash, the sole shining memory engraved on Assassin's heart is the gallant figure of the man who arrived to save her from that hell. And, to meet him again, Assassin will gladly recreate that hell as many times as it takes. After all, for her who discovered her first love in the midst of a roaring inferno, "love" and "destruction" are but two halves of the same coin.

Goddess Divine Core- C-
    Expresses one's nature as a perfected goddess from birth. A composite Skill that includes Divinity at the same rank, repels mental interference and ensures the body won't grow or change regardless of calories ingested. Since Assassin lacks the qualifications to be a Servant on her own, half her Saint Graph is comprised by the cherry blossom goddess Konohanasakuya-hime due to their somewhat similar perspectives on love and beauty, granting this Skill.

However thanks to taking on a mortal vessel and the concept of "sakura trees scatter their petals in spring" this Skill has been diluted to the point where Assassin only manifests a C-ranked Divinity but the effect of "absolute unchanging body" has been lost. After all, for both sides of Assassin, there is no meaning in a love that only blooms but never wilts.

Scattered Petals Of Impermanence- A
    A Skill provided by Assassin's divine half, the goddess who presided over cherry blossoms. According to a certain legend because the god Ninigi turned down Iwa-Naga, the rock-princess, to marry Sakura-hime, the cherry blossom princess, human lives are short and fleeting like sakura petals instead of enduring and long-lasting like stones. This suits Assassin's own views on love and beauty nicely.

As a Skill she can conjure and control fiery sakura petals. She can blow them in breezes at her foes singing their bodies with countless tiny petal-shaped burns, form larger petals as "shields" or even fly by propelling herself in floral bursts. This is Assassin's main method of fighting, and it's both her sword and shield.

Noble Phantasm
    Mono No Aware・Ten'na Hi
    Burn And Celebrate The Transience Of Life, Crimson Petals

A Noble Phantasm culminating Assassin's infamy in nearly starting another Great Fire of Tenna so that she could reunite with her beloved. Through her fusion with Konohanasakuya-hime it also represents the incident where the goddess sealed herself in a hut and set it ablaze out of heartbreak at her husband's suspicion of her infidelity, declaring that her children would survive if they were truly his offspring. Both sides express the same concept, "a love consummated in sweltering flames to the point of even burning one's beloved and oneself to ashes".

Upon invoking this Noble Phantasm's true name Assassin first forms an ethereal "Room" around herself and the opponent so they can't escape before filling the enclosed space with flames born of her obsessive passion. Converging on the opponent, the bonfire rises upwards before "blossoming" into a giant sakura tree made of roaring flames that then dissipates. As the fiery petals bloom and scatter, the opponent's life burns to ash with them. Fires and fistfights are the flowers of Edo--- that saying is literalized in this Noble Phantasm.

Increasing with the intensity of her feelings towards the target, at its maximum power this Noble Phantasm boasts heat-values rivalling the eruption of Mt. Fuji (the volcano Konohanasakuya-hime presided over). Once deployed, the only way to survive is to break out of the Bounded Field or else withstand the inferno through a high enough Endurance stat and defensive abilities.

Thanks a bunch to DelRey for helping me out with this sheet, and giving me the idea of combining her with Konohanasakuya-hime. I will admit I changed her legend slightly since in the original it was the page of a temple she took shelter in after the fire that she fell in love with and wanted to see again, but I thought it'd be more interesting if it were a firefighter who saved her instead (and made a better contrast with my Nameless Hikeshi sheet). Of course, I had to use Fire Force's Inca Kasugatani as the FC for this crazy pyrokinetic girl. As usual comments and critiques would be welcome. Thanks for reading y'all!

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Vance's Avatar

True Name: Prince Lindworm? (The Shepherdess)
    Class: Berserker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Source: Prince Lindworm
    Region: Denmark
    Armaments: Claws (Whips)

Parameters:
    Strength: B (D)
    Endurance: B+ (D)
    Agility: B+ (D)
    Mana: E
    Luck: B+

Class Skills:

Madness Enhancement E+
    The Class Skill that characterizes a Berserker, raising basic parameters and strengthens one's physical abilities in exchange for hindering mental capacities and/or in exchange for their sense of reason. Berserker wasn't quite insane in life though her actions made many others think otherwise. Not to mention the certain proclivities she's gained from her experiences.

Magic Resistance A
    Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. It is a skill granted by the presence of her noble phantasm giving her the resistance expected of a member of dragon-kind.

Personal Skills:

Dragon-kind Modification B++
    A skill that is an extreme form of Self-Modification, which in Berserker's case, was achieved through the grafting of the nine shed skins of the Lindworm over her Saint Graph. While not granted the Mana Reactor Core found in others, she did gain the bounty of knowledge in the form of Enlightenment From The Dragon's Skin. It ranks up heavily when Nogen Lindorm is fully released.

Slough A Skin To Shed A Shift B
    A skill that represents the point where Berserker had the Lindworm shed its skin in exchange for her removing a dress. All that remained of it was an indescribable mess that was quickly put to heel. A skill that, in exchange for the gradual decrease in Berserker's defense, would weaken the opponent it is targeted towards. A skill that strips away at things for the intent of revealing something human, it is surprisingly effective against monsters.

Whips Of The Lye C+
    A skill representing a part of the ritual Berserker performed. An attack that temporarily paralyzes the opponent with the brutal lash of a whip. It seems intended to be used as a one strike move but it seems Berserker's newfound fondness of whips had her modify it for successive use in exchange for diminishing returns.

Enlightenment From The Dragon's Skin D (A)
    A skill gained from wearing the shed skin of a Lindworm, as legends speak of knowledge of nature and medicines being given to those who wear such skin. It is a restricted skill for Berserker as she lacks the mentality needed to fully comprehend the secrets she is observing. Upon full transformation via Nogen Lindorm, she will be able to exercise skills only spoken in legends.

Noble Phanatasm

Nogen Lindorm: The Bride As Me

A transformation type noble phantasm. A reverse of the resolution of the story of Prince Lindworm, molding a human into a monster rather than a monster into a human. Putting on the 8 skins of the Lindworm, she gradually undergoes a transformation into a member of dragon-kind. The full transformation is still somewhat incomplete as her spirit core will remain firmly the same as before, meaning the strain of "existing as a dragon" instead of "as a human" will be too much to bear, allowing her to exist as a dragon for only a few minutes even with prepared mana sources. Typically, she only wears 3 of the 8 skins she has access to in order to be able to fight as a servant, otherwise her parameters would be really low for a Berserker.

Personality

A manic type servant. Bombastic, shameless, and utterly carefree in all the possible ways, Berserker is a country girl through and through. Actually being surprisingly sane, her true class alignment is geared towards being a Rider however, due to a conscious decision on her part, she became a Berserker with her madness stemming from the exposure to secrets of the World she would've been better off not knowing. Once she transforms into a Lindworm, she gains a calmer disposition.

Berserker can also quite sadistic, especially when holding a whip. The trauma of havimg to marry a man eater and then subdue them had quite the effect on her.
    Last edited by Vance; October 4th, 2021 at 11:53 PM.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Baron Magnus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    RoynGolden: What more can I say other than an amazingly great servant? Seriously, it's a well constructed servant that I could see becoming part of the main canon.

Lindorm: Well that's a servant I never expected to see. Here I thought most people slept on that OSP video. Even if that's not your inspiration, it's a great servant. I also like specifically how it focuses on the girl in the story rather than the infamous Lindorm.
    Rookie Lorekeeper, Amateur Extraordinaire, and all around nasunoob.

Blog Entries
    Royd: No problem, glad i could help in creating this cool sheet! Hehe... dammit i dont remember that

also missed opportunity to use any of these gifs here https://kilruas.tumblr.com/post/187095705171

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Can anyone give any ideas on what to do with a Confucius servant? I’m currently scratching my head trying to figure out what to do with him outside of “divine spirit? power over patterns of change/ ultra powerful marble phantasm? Eight trigrams np/ultimate version of runes?”

Blog Entries
    confuciusism apparently has 4 principles. Maybe have skills for them? as for his noble phantasm... that's a hard one... though maybe the aftermath of his teachings could be? Like it formed the way a nation thought for over a thousand years so something there could be his noble phantasm.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    My idea is that his NP is based of the I Ching (a divination text that consists of 64 hexagrams that are made by arranging and rearranging the eight trigrams) with the concept of the hexagrams/trigrams functioning like the ultimate version of odin’s runes.

Blog Entries
    that sounds pretty cool and fitting for the guy.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    My other idea is that he kinda became something akin to a divine spirit due to attaining oneness with heaven (which is a concept in Confucianism surprisingly enough), mankind’s collective ancestor worship/deification of him and the association of him and wenchang wang with his Divine authority essentially allowing him to manipulate the patterns of change in nature (essentially functioning like a divine authority level marble phantasm).

(I am doing all this research and brainstorming for cursed by fortuna who is considering doing grand caster Confucius)

Blog Entries
    It sounds like it'd work. I'm not an expert on confucism but it sounds like you've got something figured out.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Also actually would Confuzius be a good Saver servant candidate in my oppinion. I would try to look at how his techings later affected the chinese culture .

i would like to offer some tipps but i must myself start to build my own understanding of their lores and mythologies . Other question has some one some start pointers for Abe no Seimei as servant ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...