Page 439 of 460 FirstFirst ... 339389429434437438439440441444449 ... LastLast
Results 8,761 to 8,780 of 9182

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

Drifting in some deeply concerning parallel universe
    Blog Entries
    Day 1 of Fate/last call Servantposting. Is it a bad idea to start right now? Probably. But by virtue of the fact that you're reading this post, I'm sorry to say that I've already done it.

FALSE SABER
    "Forget my name. Burn my story. I don't care, I'll live forever, because I forged this world with my own hands."

Master: Keystine Meluastea Yggdmillennia

Basic InformationBasic Information

Alias: King of Smiths, Mathusalem,
    Wayland the Smith
    Classes: Saber, Archer, Rider, Caster,
    Assassin, Berserker, Avenger
    True Name: Völundr Source: Völundarkviða, Thidreksaga, etc.
    Height/Weight: 178cm/58kg Attribute: Earth
    Image colour: Blue steel Armament: Wings

STR
    C

END
    C

AGL
    B

MAG
    A

LUK
    A

N.P
    EX

Traits:
    Anti-Hero: An often malicious figure who brings about travesty fit for tales of hubris, one would be hard-pressed to not consider Völundr an Anti-Hero.
    Artist: An attribute marking a Heroic Spirit as one who crafts creative works. The armaments and jewels created by Völundr are undoubtedly masterful works of art, and that art is known to have shaped the course of several medieval legends such as the sagas of Charlemagne and Dietrich von Bern.
    Divine: The child of a demigod, as well as being considered by the Saxons to be a god of smithing in her own right. Völundr possesses the makings of a Divine Spirit, but is currently manifesting as a Heroic Spirit.
    King: Born a princess of the Finns, Völundr possessed royal blood from the very beginning. However, rather than ruling over her father's subjects, she would later in life take the throne over the fairies instead.

Class SkillsClass Skills

Magic Resistance B

The class skill of the Knight classes to negate Magecraft. In Völundr’s case, she is capable of cancelling any Magecraft of Rank B or below, making her almost untouchable to most modern Magi and even some Caster-class Servants.
    Riding A

The ability to ride mounts, living or inanimate. In Völundr’s case, the Rank is high due to her anecdotes of constructing herself wings to fly, causing her to be famously compared to her fellow craftsman Daedalus. However, the likes of Phantasmal Species are outside of her purview.

Personal SkillsPersonal Skills

Divinity A+

Völundr was the child of a mermaid and the divine sea-giant Vadi, who was also a demigod born of a mermaid himself. She also later ascended to the same pedestal of the gods, thus claiming a remarkably high Rank in Divinity. While summoning a Divine Spirit is usually absurd, her exploits during her time as a human has granted her aptitude as a Heroic Spirit as well.
    Weak Constitution C

A weakness struck by poor health. In Völundr’s case, due to the anecdote in which she was hamstrung in order to be put into the service of King Níðuðr, she cannot fully use her legs, and so she moves around with a wheelchair rather than walking.
    Primordial Rune —

It goes without saying that Völundr is skilled in the application of the eighteen original runes. Her qualification is on the level that she would easily be able to meet the Caster class, and due to the height of her Divinity, she can more or less freely exercise their true power to the point of being akin to a Noble Phantasm in their own right.

Noble PhantasmNoble Phantasm

King of Smiths
    VÖLUNDR

Anti-Treasure Class
    Rank EX

Range: ━
    Max targets: ━

Völundr's most celebrated talents, tantamount to her very existence itself, sublimated into a Noble Phantasm. Magical and unique items throughout western European mythology, including the legendary demonic sword Gram, can trace their creation back to Völundr. She is a lynchpin that secures the existence of an entire mythology, thus allowing her to manufacture completely new Noble Phantasms at will. It does not take physical form, but rather is an innate ability etched into her Spirit Core. It is the qualifier she possesses for the Saber class, but she would possess it no matter what class she manifested in.

It is the ultimate crafting ability, allowing her to create any number of any type of special magical armaments even as high as Rank A. These endless Noble Phantasms can each be forged in less than a day, and huge numbers of duplicates can be produced at will thanks to the anecdote of forging over seven hundred duplicates of a single magic ring. No matter the task, Völundr will freely create a magic sword, ring, armour, or anything necessary in order to deal with the situation at hand. Items of her creation are considered demonic in nature by default, although while she cannot create holy creations, it is perfectly possible to exclude the demonic attribute from the forging process.

There is no limit to the number of original Noble Phantasms that can be created, but it is also possible for her to instantly recreate Noble Phantasms she has forged before, such as legendary swords like Gram, Durandal, and Mimung. Creating these duplicates is efficient enough that she can seemingly sprout wings made of her own swords at her leisure, which in themselves are fully functional.

However, this is not without its drawbacks. It can take a significant amount of a given day to create an original Noble Phantasm, as well as a truly tremendous amount of magical energy that can become a burden on the Master quite easily depending on the strength of the armament being forged. While the duplication process is not as intensive, repeated use of it does require extensive recovery. Völundr is by no means a Servant that can be easily handled by amateurs.

ProfileProfile

KeywordsKeywords

Sword-Feathered Cloak
    Flygil

The wings of blades created by Völundr, a weapons platform as well as a means of flight. It is inspired by the Svanhvít of the Valkyries that she and her brothers once encountered. The feathers are composed of the many swords she has created, which can be fired like missiles and instantly replenished using the replication ability of her Noble Phantasm. The joints are held together by copies of a certain magic ring that she created hundreds of copies of. It seems that although Völundr is often considered a heartless and inhuman creature who cares only about metalworking, the Valkyrie named Hervör had a profound effect on her. The Flygil is Völundr's primary means of combat, both a weapon and a means of mobility that is vital due to her crippled legs. While not one in itself, it would register as an EX-Ranked Noble Phantasm under a Master's clairvoyance due to being composed of an arbitrary number of top-class Noble Phantasms.

Jewel of Victory
    Siegerstein

A magic war-jewel originally belonging to King Niðhad. A top-class Mystic Code fashioned to assure victory in any conflict, it possesses the ability to calculate the future, making it an excellent tool in battle. Völundr once recovered this jewel for the king during a battle where he had forgotten it, but did not hand it over after she was turned on by him. During her escape from slavery, she forged it into the eyes of Niðhad's two sons, creating a kind of artificial Mystic Eye that she implanted into herself.

BackgroundBackground

Völundr was born as the youngest child of the King of the Finns. She had two older brothers, and looked up to them to a great degree. She would often mimic the two princes, precociously acting out the same tasks expected of the male heirs to the throne, and in particular developed a fascination with swords. She was often thought of as a third prince in her childhood, which led to some misunderstandings that she wasn't particularly interested in correcting. One day, she stowed away with the two brothers on a hunting trip, and the three encountered a trio of maidens: valkyries by the names of Hlaðguðr, Hervör, and Ölrún. Völundr was awestruck immediately, finding them to be the most beautiful things she had ever seen.

Hlaðguðr and Ölrún would go on to marry her brothers, and Völundr would often declare herself as Hervör's husband as well. Unable to deter her, Hervör ended up playing along with the game of house here and there, although her sisters were skeptical of the effects it could have on the child. Therefore, she opted to teach Völundr something useful, and settled on teaching her the ins and outs of the swords she was so interested in. Although teaching a little girl combat was rather unwise, the basics of metalwork seemed to be a more appropriate topic. Völundr took to it immediately with a flourish, fashioning masterworks in just a few years of training. With the help of Hervör, the two collaborated on a great undertaking - the creation of a human from metal. The machine-man was named Heime, and he was without doubt a stunning success. The difference between him and a genuine human being was impossible to discern by the naked eye. This mechanical man, based on the body of a Valkyrie, would later gain a great degree of influence and reign as king over Hlymdalir.

However, these days were not to last. Nine years after they had first met, the three valkyries were called to their fate, and forced to leave. Hervör left Völundr with a magic ring as she departed, and Völundr fell into a state of melancholy, forging hundreds of perfect duplicates even while her brothers began their search for the three sisters. Regardless, for reasons that she did not care to pay attention to, she was compelled to leave her home in search of a better forge - perhaps her kingdom was in decline, or in turmoil, but she did not care. She ended up in the kingdom of Närke, and where King Niðhad had three sons. The youngest, Böðvildr, attracted Völundr's interest, but she somehow ended up in the court of the king in a contest to become royal smith through a failure to poison him with a love potion. She was dragged into a contest with the king's current smith, who had challenged her ability to forge. Despite his blessing from the dwarf Regin, she was able to effortlessly defeat him through creating her own mechanical Regin to help her forge the masterwork sword Mimung.

Regardless, being permitted all the resources she desired, she served faithfully... albeit for the sake of Böðvildr more than his father. On one occastion, Niðhad rode into battle, only to realise he had left behind his magic stone that would assure victory. Panicking, he promised a reward to whoever could bring it back to him. Völundr was the one to return it, not without killing an insubordinate knight along the way. For her reward, she asked for Böðvildr, and both he and Niðhad were confused as to why she went so far for such a thing.

"Böðvildr is beautiful. He is worth making last forever. I want to make him immortal, with a metal body that will outlast this kingdom and the gods themselves."

Völundr didn't understand why this was so horrifying to them, but for Niðhad, this was the last straw. Declaring Völundr to be nothing but a machine that only understood metal, he ordered her hamstrings cut and imprisoned on a barren island to continue her work far away from others. She did not understand. Why did they not share her vision? Why did they lack such appreciation for beauty? Even Böðvildr had looked at her with terror. Did he not value life? Did he not see himself? As she worked as a slave, her resentment and hatred naturally began to build.

Before long, her middle brother Egil returned with the valkyrie Ölrún, only to learn of Völundr's fate. Horrified, he went to see her, and Völundr gave him instructions for her plans to escape. She killed the two oldest princes, fashioning their bodies into jewels. When Böðvildr came, Völundr forced herself upon him.

"If you won't submit to me, then I'll just take a piece of you for myself."

She escaped, mocking the king as she devastated his palace with her newly-formed wings, carrying Böðvildr's seed inside her own body. Egil moved to shoot Völundr down on instruction, but hit a waterskin filled with blood to fake her death in order that she was not chased.

"Perhaps you should have actually killed her," Ölrún would later reprimand, before the two's part in her scheme was discovered and they met their deaths running from the king's men.

Völundr would never meet either of her soulmates again, but would keep Böðvildr's child unborn for thousands of years as a memento as she retreated to fairyland. She forged a great many legendary items found in European folklore both before and during her reign as the king over the elves, and was later worshipped by the Saxons as a quasi-god of metalwork.

PersonalityPersonality

Dislikes: Being interrupted, subordinating, ignorant hylics
    Talents: Metalworking
    Natural enemy: Nils Herydir-Dragilaz
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Völundr is a Servant who demands a great deal of confidence to summon. Putting aside her exorbitant magical energy costs when forging, her most famous anecdote is one of bringing absolute ruin to the king who had attempted to bind her into service. That very moment, mocking him as she soared away, is her prime, and thus the state she is summoned in. Her personality is, of course, exactly as expected: a snide, insubordinate Servant who will not hesitate to kill any Master she dislikes on a whim... if they are lucky​. None of this is false. However, it is barely the tip of the iceberg.

She considers herself an artist above all else, and values beautiful things above all else. She believes that beauty is the metric upon which worthiness is measured, and that beautiful things should last forever. The world is so lacking in the truly beautiful, Völundr claims, and so beauty is the last thing it can afford to lose. Beauty is more than mere aesthetics to her, but rather an emergent property: a harmony between all aspects of a thing. It is important to her to be able to create beautiful things, but also to preserve beautiful things. For worthy artists such as herself, she will gladly pass on what she knows, and will wish dearly for their prosperity as a creator of treasures.

She can appear almost obsessive over her work, but in truth, her work is all she finds value in. Relationships with others, exploring the world, having new experiences... All are considered solely through the lens of her art. It is not that she lacks the ability to connect with others — though it's hard to deny that it isn't exactly her strong suit — but rather that she is not interested in connecting with others. She observes those around her well enough to pass judgement on them, calling them ugly or beautiful, but she will not become a part of their world. She sees no meaning in a life like that, for her sense of purpose, her passion, her very identity lies elsewhere. Even when surrounded by people to whom she is beloved, she cannot help but to feel alone.
    Last edited by Random; May 28th, 2022 at 11:07 PM.
    I changed my mind. Unkill me.
    Fate/last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars
    ╘══════════════════╕
    Master Compendium
    Servant Compendium

後継者 Successor
    Blog Entries
    This is an interesting servant, I think she and my Mpu Gandring have a lot in common. Though, I excited on how she is going to played out in fate/last call. I also have an image that she would like in a similar way to Fiore from Apocrypha

Blog Entries
    Random how do you make bars?

Blog Entries
    A tag team between Mpu Gandring and False Saber would be absolutely terrifying, my god. Imagine the two of them hammering away at a single project like a cursed sword together.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NittyGritty View Post
    Random how do you make bars?
    Oh, I just paste the █ character over and over to make a big long line.

█████████████████████████, see?

Each one is coloured individually to make the gradient effect.
    Fate/last call
    ╘══════════════════╕
    Master Compendium
    Servant Compendium

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hey Random, you should use COLLAPSE3 instead of COLLAPSE for the sections. On mobile it's pretty annoying to accidentaly close the sections when scrolling.

Blog Entries
    It hadn't even occurred to me that people might be reading on mobile! The logic behind closable tags was making it easy to focus on specific sections, but I probably should have had more faith in people in hindsight.

I have remedied the issue by destroying the entire smartphone market. Also by changing the collapse tags, I guess.
    Fate/last call
    ╘══════════════════╕
    Master Compendium
    Servant Compendium

Blog Entries
    My first reaction is oh my god, that NP is broken even more so since the outrageous mana cost won't be weakness anymore since her master is fucking Keystone. My second reaction was thinking how terrifying Keystone's Animapsyche and Siegerstein working together would be. Finally, is she going to make her master a metal body later in the story?

"No more self-deprecating jokes", I whisper in vain. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Maaaaan. Just take this crown will ya, Random.
    This sheet is so full of drip. Your formatting game in on point.
    And then on top of that it's also amazing? Actually well-written and crazy good? Not fair.

© G.Isan

——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servant corner
    —————

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TQG Imaginatorious View Post
    My first reaction is oh my god, that NP is broken even more so since the outrageous mana cost won't be weakness anymore since her master is fucking Keystone. My second reaction was thinking how terrifying Keystone's Animapsyche and Siegerstein working together would be. Finally, is she going to make her master a metal body later in the story?
    Haha, you're starting to see the Matrix >:D

Yeah, False Saber and Key are both absolute cheat characters on their own, and any semblance of game balance just kinda ceases to exist while they're on the same team. But as you'll probably see over the coming days, being ungodly overpowered is never in short supply during a Fuyuki Grail War.

But for now, I will keep my cards close to my chest. Please wait warmly for True Saber tomorrow!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFrenzy View Post
    Maaaaan. Just take this crown will ya, Random.
    This sheet is so full of drip. Your formatting game in on point.
    And then on top of that it's also amazing? Actually well-written and crazy good? Not fair.
    WF, I swear, your praise is always so direct it's hard to know what to even say...! I've thought for a long time about this cast so I appreciate it!

By the way, tomorrow's Servant will probably be your favourite of the batch, for *checks notes* Personal WF Reasons™.
    Fate/last call
    ╘══════════════════╕
    Master Compendium
    Servant Compendium

JP Friend Code
    I haven't seen her interact with Keystine yet and I'm already loving their synergy.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    False Saber: Very interesting character. I really enjoyed how unique she feels simply because of how many defining characteristics you gave her. The wheelchair, the blade wings, the mystic eyes — even the beautiful FC choice — all make for a very memorable Servant.
    That said, the sheet itself is pretty barebones. Her skills are very par for the course and do very little to characterize her, leaving all the heavy work to the personality section. Even mechanically, I feel like it could've been way more interesting. Why isn't the Siegerstein a skill, for example? One of the Avenger class skills (as a personal skill for her) would have also been very flavorful and even mechanically relevant depending on which one.
    It's just weird that most of what is memorable about her design is isolated in the keywords or briefly touched upon amid the lore, rather than being the core of the sheet.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Blog Entries

Wilhemina

Johanna
    Source: Sparkle on Pinterest (Wilhemina) YoYo on Instagram (Johanna)

Class: Caster
    Other Classes: Berserker (If Wilhemina is dominant)
    True Name: Johanna Van Gogh-Bonger and Wilhemina Van Gogh
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Place of Origin: Netherlands (19th century)

Parameters:

STR: D
    END: C
    AGI: D
    MGI: D
    LCK: B
    NP: B

Height: 170 cm (Johanna)/160 cm (Wilhemina)
    Weight: 150 lb (Johanna)/140 lb (Wilhemina)
    Dislikes: Cruelty
    Talent: Spreading art (Johanna)/depression (Wilhemina)
    Natural Enemy: Vincent Van Gogh/Clytie
    Attribute: Man
    Traits: Female, Duo, Weak to Enuma Elish
    Armament: A chair leg and a letter
    Catalyst: One of the letters translated by Johanna Van Gogh, the chair Wilhemina Van Gogh sat in

Class Skills:
    Item Creation C: Although they aren't powerful maguses, they are able to pull out objects associated with medicine or writing through creating them.
    Territory Creation B: At this rank, creation of a Workshop is possible. The two are perfectly capable enough to produce a workshop.

Personal Skills:
    Polylinguistic B: A skill evolved from Johanna's status as a translator. She is capable of speaking all human languages fairly fluently. If she attempts to, she may even be able to speak nonhuman languages such as Divine Words. If she manages to do that, that grants her a temporary High-Speed Divine Words at rank D, allowing her to pretend to be an Age Of The Gods magus for a while.
    Combination A: Denotes the close bond between the two, such that they are able to be summoned as a single heroic spirit. The duo are far more capable of working in sync, almost instinctively knowing whatever the other is planning on doing.
    Noble Phantasm(s):

Depression
    Alone On A Chair

Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
    Range: 0m
    Max Targets: 1

This noble phantasm passively manifests in Wilhemina as a set of blocks and boosts. It prevents her from talking aloud, although even without talking, she can be understood by Johanna and her master. It also reduces her agility parameter by one. However, it makes her immune to mental debuffs below the rank of B and all debuffs below the rank of C. Lastly, it treats her as if she was under a constant depression. It is the sublimation of the depressive state which Wilhemina was stuck in for 40 years.

His Writing
    My Eternal Project

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 100m
    Max Targets: 300

This noble phantasm allows Johanna to convey strong negative emotions, spreading them to her targets. However, she needs to be getting these negative emotions from someone within 20 meters, who is not her. Hense, this is the perfect ally to Wilhemina as she can spread the depression to all her enemies. When the two are used in sync, they also rank up to B rank.

Lore: Johanna van Gogh-Bonger and Wilhemina Jacoba Van Gogh were two women most well-known for being the sister-in-law and sister, respectively, of Vincent Van Gogh. Johanna was a dutch editor and translator, and Wilhemina was a nurse and feminist. However, Wilhemina was struck by severe depression, and 12 years after Vincent died, she was diagnosed with Dementia Praecox and interned. SHe would remain interned for the remainder of her life.

Personality: Johanna is bright, peppy, and upbeat. She is always willing to do anything she can to help out her friends. Wilhemina is more somber, constantly grieving her family. The two of them absolutely adore art, especially Vincent van Gogh's paintings, and will stop whatever they are doing to review them. Their wish is that Wilhemina never got Dementia. Then, they believe, they would have made the perfect team.

Relationships:
    Clytie: "Brother? No, it isn't you. How dare you? How dare you take on his guise? How could you do that?" "...!!!!?!!!!!"
    Leonardo Da Vinci: "Ooh, Ms. Da Vinci! I really adore your paintings." "..." "I love the emotion you convey."
    Hokusai: "What has happened to you? I can tell you are a great painter, but you feel similar to that false Brother." "!!!!!!"
    Last edited by jishara; May 29th, 2022 at 02:48 AM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Wilhemina and Johanna: Honestly jishara, I don't like them. They're extremely simple and nothing in the sheet convinced me these figures are worthy of being Servants. I wrote a longer comment but it was very harsh so I decided not to post it right now, I can post it if you actually want to read it.

Blog Entries
    Ah ok. Thank you for your comment.

Blog Entries
    yeah, there's definitely no need to be in such a rush and pump out these many sheets so rapidly. cool down and put some more thoughts into them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamera View Post
    yeah, there's definitely no need to be in such a rush and pump out these many sheets so rapidly. cool down and put some more thoughts into them.
    Ah ok, thanks.
    Last edited by jishara; May 29th, 2022 at 02:46 AM.

祖 Ancestor
    I wonder if anyone has ever done a sheet around the biblically accurate angels meme. That feels like a great chance for eldritch horror and even some humour. The only thing I know that references it is pinetree’s Mary sheet.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i can only mirror the sentiments on False Saber. It is really well done and I like her. Cant wait to see more of your project. But her skills itself feel bland. Perhaps Nature of Rebellious Spirit or simply a false mystic eyes skill. That seems too important to not add into a sheet.
    Behold! The works of a maniac!
    Servants!

And my other contribution to this community!
    Advanced Formatting Guide
    Free FC Gallery
    Extra Class Comp

Call me Formatting-sensei.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    False Saber: Very interesting character. I really enjoyed how unique she feels simply because of how many defining characteristics you gave her. The wheelchair, the blade wings, the mystic eyes — even the beautiful FC choice — all make for a very memorable Servant.
    That said, the sheet itself is pretty barebones. Her skills are very par for the course and do very little to characterize her, leaving all the heavy work to the personality section. Even mechanically, I feel like it could've been way more interesting. Why isn't the Siegerstein a skill, for example? One of the Avenger class skills (as a personal skill for her) would have also been very flavorful and even mechanically relevant depending on which one.
    It's just weird that most of what is memorable about her design is isolated in the keywords or briefly touched upon amid the lore, rather than being the core of the sheet.
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    i can only mirror the sentiments on False Saber. It is really well done and I like her. Cant wait to see more of your project. But her skills itself feel bland. Perhaps Nature of Rebellious Spirit or simply a false mystic eyes skill. That seems too important to not add into a sheet.
    I'm really happy she's hitting the beats I want her to! Hoping I can keep this momentum up with the other seven. True Saber is coming in about eight hours, and as the "mascot Servant" of the story they're pretty meaty.

The barebones skills and stuff were sort of on purpose; partly to illustrate just how nuts her NP can be in the right hands, partly to indicate her as being basically a plot device in 90% of cases that she's name-dropped, and partly as an illustration of the Master who deliberately summoned her like this. "Tip of the iceberg" was really the theme I had on the brain, but I might make some edits if everyone is saying the same thing. This is basically the last chance to make it the best possible version before we start the story, so I'll think on if there's some stuff I can give her to reflect her personality in the build itself.
    Fate/last call
    ╘══════════════════╕
    Master Compendium
    Servant Compendium

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Genuinely surprised that Völundr doesn't have the fjaðrhamr on all the time - like, I get that you mentioned it within the scope of her NP that she could remake it, but it feels weird to see her without it on. Seeing as Weak Constitution is basically a filler Skill you could have replaced it with something like "Flight" (with a better name obviously) caused by the wearing of the fjaðrhamr that eases the limitation of having to get around in a wheelchair.
    Just my two cents.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)