Page 455 of 620 FirstFirst ... 355405445450453454455456457460465505555 ... LastLast
Results 9,081 to 9,100 of 12386

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

Blog Entries
    I'm in writer hell, so have a twofer on the house.

Class: Lancer
    True Name: Leo Gamo
    Height and Weight: 178 cm / 75 kg

Source: Historical fact
    Region: Japan
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Attribute: Man

Parameters
    Strength: C
    Constitution: E
    Agility: C++
    Magical Energy: B
    Luck: D
    Noble Phantasm: B

Biography
    Background
    Leo Gamō Ujisato was a Japanese daimyō of the Sengoku and Azuchi–Momoyama periods. The heir and son of Gamō Katahide, lord of Hino Castle in Ōmi Province, he later held Matsusaka (Ise Province) and finally Aizuwakamatsu Castle in Mutsu Province. He also controlled Obama Castle through one of his retainers, Gamō Chūzaemon.

Ujisato, known in his childhood as Tsuruchiyo, was born in Hino, in the Gamō district of Ōmi Province in 1556. In 1568, Oda Nobunaga, who was en route to Kyoto, defeated the Rokkaku clan, who were the masters of Tsuruchiyo's father, Katahide. Upon the Rokkaku clan's defeat, Katahide as a former influential vassal, pledged loyalty to Nobunaga, and became an Oda retainer. However, the price of Katahide's pledge was giving up his son as a hostage, and so Tsuruchiyo was taken to Gifu, then the Oda clan's headquarters.

Tsuruchiyo's sagacity impressed Nobunaga, and soon, the young man had his manhood rite in Gifu, taking the name Yasuhide. In the summer of 1569, Yasuhide took part in his first campaign, during Nobunaga's subjugation of Kitabatake Tomomasa of Kizukuri Castle. For his distinction in battle, Nobunaga gave his daughter Fuyuhime in marriage to Yasuhide, affectionately referring to Yasuhide as "my little son-in-law." At the same time, he was allowed to return to his father's castle at Hino. Though Fuyuhime was still young at this point, she is said to have later matured into a stunningly beautiful woman.

Following the betrayal of Azai Nagamasa, Gamō Katahide assisted in Nobunaga's withdrawal from Kanegasaki by taking him into his own Hino Castle, and facilitating his escape to Gifu from there. In recognition of this feat, Nobunaga gave Yasuhide and his father a stipend increase, and posted them to southern Omi, under the command of Shibata Katsuie.

In 1570, Yasuhide fought at the Battle of Anegawa, and later that same year, joined his father in the Oda assault on the Asakura clan of Echizen Province. The two led a force of 1,000 men as the vanguard of Shibata Katsuie's army. The total number of men under Katsuie's overall command at that battle totaled 5,000. Of those 5,000, the number under Katsuie's command totaled 600, so this may give some impression of the importance of the Gamō family.

The Gamō would see action against the Asakura once more, in 1573. In 1575, upon Katsuie's posting to Kitanoshō Castle, the Gamō, ruling from their castle at Hino, came under Nobunaga's direct command, serving as hatamoto. In 1581, he participated on Second Tenshō Iga War in the Siege of Hijiyama.

When Nobunaga was assassinated in 1582, Yasuhide was with his father, who had been posted as warden of Azuchi Castle. Together, the two sheltered Nobunaga's wife and children in Hino Castle, saving their lives. In the same year, Yasuhide submitted to Hashiba Hideyoshi. The following year, he joined Hideyoshi's attack on Takigawa Kazumasu, as well as the Battle of Shizugatake, and received the title of Hida no Kami. In this year, his son Tsuruchiyo (Gamō Hideyuki) was born.

Following his siege of Oda Nobukatsu at Kanie castle during the Battle of Komaki and Nagakute in 1585, he received Matsusaka, in the southern section of Ise Province, as his fief (rated at 120,000 koku). The main castle of this fief was Matsugashima Castle. After taking part in the subjugation of Kii Province and Kyushu in 1585, Yasuhide took the name of "Ujisato." Soon after, due to the influence of Takayama Ukon, he received a Christian baptism in Osaka, and took the baptismal name of Leo.

In 1588, construction was completed on Matsusaka Castle, where he immediately moved. Ujisato took part in all of Hideyoshi's subsequent campaigns: Kyushu Campaign, the Siege of Odawara (1590), and the pacification of Ōshū (Mutsu and Dewa Provinces) (1590). For his role in the pacification of Ōshū, he received a 420,000 koku fief with its headquarters at Kurokawa Castle in Aizu. He renamed the castle Wakamatsu, the name which even the town retains to this day.

In preparation for the Japanese invasions of Korea, Ujisato proceeded in 1592 to Hideyoshi's base in Nagoya in Hizen Province. He fell ill there, coughing up blood in early 1593. From Nagoya, he headed first to Aizu, and then to Fushimi, where the Gamō family's mansion was almost complete. Hideyoshi himself would visit the mansion twice after its completion.

Ujisato died in 1595, at age 40, at Fushimi Castle. Though his family would lose Aizu soon after with Gamō Hideyuki's transfer to Utsunomiya, the Gamō would later be returned to Aizu by Tokugawa Ieyasu.

Character
    Dislikes: Tantrums, poison
    Talent: Calligraphy, tea ceremony

A easy-going average joe who's easily the most approachable fellow out of his friend group. Compared to his companions, Leo doesn't have the quickest nor most eloquent wit, but as he makes up for it with an abundance of heart, he's very popular with the common man both during when he was alive and in the present day.

Leo dislikes using violence where words will suffice, but reveals himself a terrifyingly capable fighter when push comes to shove. That said, the moniker of "longest temper under Heaven" isn't a mere jest; he possesses an extraordinary amount of patience when dealing with others (except for a certain person), so his warrior persona rarely comes out.

Leo's wish to the Holy Grail is "to fight alongside my friends". The days where he fought alongside his closest allies and walked in the Way of Tea with his fellow disciples are extremely precious to Leo, and his greatest regret is his sudden death by sickness that accomplished nothing but make his wife a widow, his children orphans, and his friends strangers.

Relationships
    Master
    Leo's wish to the Grail and his down-to-earth personality makes him an extremely easy Servant to handle, even for novice Masters. However, care should be taken to not make him angry; even his considerable patience can be worn thin by unreasonableness.

Oda Nobunaga
    "Wow, it's Lord Nobunaga! I look forward to working with you agai-- Huh? 'Hide me in your castle again, Tsurucchi'? Uh, sure, but-- Ah, she left. Uh, can you wait here for a bit, Master? Gotta make sure my place isn't a mess before Lord Nobunaga gets there."

Justo Takayama
    "I feel more at ease now, knowing that my boy Justo's on our side. He's had my back even when we were alive... I guess it warms my heart to know even death can't break our bond."

Francisco Otomo
    "That guy... Even though we're basically polar opposites in terms of personality, it seems like we ended up on death's door the same way. And that really bugs me. Is dying a worthless death the sole legacy of us Toshi?"

Hosokawa Tadaoki
    "Haaaah? What do I think of that immature, stuck-up, walking piece of human trash? Well, it's loads of fun seeing him try and maintain his composure when he's being given the third degree, and he does have his moments of basic decency like that one time he sent me a home remedy when I got sick... What I'm trying to say here is that while Tadaoki is trash, he's our trash. And I wouldn't want him any other way."

Semiramis
    "Wow, that lady's real easy on the eyes, no doubt about that... but even she's got nothing on my old girl! --Huh. Why did the air start smelling of poison all of a sudden?"
    Class Skills
    Magic Resistance: D
    Grants protection against magical effects. Cancels Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance of the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy. The skill's performance against the Church's sacraments is weaker than usual, in exchange for being stronger against magecraft rooted in the thaumaturgical traditions of Japan.

Personal Skills
    Strategy: B-
    The ability to seize things in the broader perspective, such as diplomacy and logistics, in order to decide victory before the fighting even begins. This Skill is a manifestation of the military genius that even Japan's great unifier, Toyotomi Hideyoshi, was forced to acknowledge as close to his own.

Chanoyu: A+++
    A sub-species skill of Item Construction. The Japanese term for "the way of tea"; that is, tea preparation techniques raised to a level of mindfulness and refinement not seen in Western culinary culture. Leo possesses the appropriate rank as the first of Sen no Rikyu's seven finest disciples, and the one who best takes after their master.

At this rank, the meditative practice of "making tea" has become part of one's way of being, completely nullifying any mental interference while making or consuming tea, or reducing their effectiveness otherwise. As an aside, this also means that tea produced by Leo is guaranteed to be especially delicious.

Noble Phantasms
    Aizu Shintogo
    Type: Anti-Unit Noble Phantasm
    Range: 1-20
    Max targets: 20 people

A tanto forged by Shintogo Kunimitsu, it's currently being used by Leo as spear-blade. Having received various blessings from Leo's close friend Justo Takayama, the blade and its wielder automatically receive B-rank Poison Resistance, a quality that surfaced due to Leo's anecdotes of overcoming poison inflicted by his various enemies. However, as the blade does not actually destroy the poison, it possesses great potential when laced with especially corrosive substances. Leo himself is aware of this fact, and will probably have to be coerced using a Command Spell to actively use the weapon in this manner.

Yamakaze Hogo Hino-jou: Mountain Wind Sanctuary Hino Castle
    Type: Barrier Noble Phantasm
    Range: 0-10
    Max targets: 15 people

Gamo Ujisato's anecdotes of warding away bullets with his silver-painted catfish-tail helmet, as well as his sheltering of Oda Nobunaga and her relations in Hino Castle after various disasters, that have been sublimated into a Noble Phantasm. Upon True Name release, it becomes possible to raise the friendly target's defensive parameters to the equivalent of a castle wall, protecting against all attacks below Anti-Fortress class. However, this Noble Phantasm's overall efficacy will be diluted as the number of individuals it is protecting increases.

Incidentally, the "Yamakaze" in this Noble Phantasm's name is derived from Leo Gamo's death poem, where he likens his early death to a mountain wind that prematurely sweeps away all budding flowers.

Class: Berserker
    True Name: Hosokawa Tadaoki
    Height and Weight: 165 cm / 58 kg

Source: Historical fact
    Region: Japan
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Parameters
    Strength: B
    Constitution: D
    Agility: B+
    Magical Energy: E
    Luck: A
    Noble Phantasm: B

Biography
    Background
    Hosokawa Tadaoki was a Japanese samurai warrior of the late Sengoku period and early Edo period. He was the son of Hosokawa Fujitaka with Numata Jakō, and he was the husband of a famous Christian convert Hosokawa Gracia. For most of his life, he went under the name of Nagaoka Tadaoki that had been adopted by his father and was related to a town that was in their domain. Shortly after the victory at Sekigahara, Nagaoka Tadaoki reverted to his original name Hosokawa Tadaoki.

Tadaoki was the eldest son of Hosokawa Fujitaka. He fought in his first battle at the age of 15. In that battle, he was in the service of Oda Nobunaga. His childhood name was Kumachiyo. Tadaoki was given the Province of Tango in 1580. Soon after that, he married Hosokawa Gracia, the daughter of Akechi Mitsuhide.

In 1582, Akechi Mitsuhide rebelled against Nobunaga and Nobunaga was killed. Akechi turned to Hosokawa Fujitaka and Hosokawa Tadaoki for help. They refused to help him, later Mitsuhide was defeated by Hideyoshi.

Tadaoki was present on Hideyoshi's side in the Battle of Komaki and Nagakute (1584) and the Odawara Campaign (1590), where he took part in the siege of Nirayama (Izu Province) and later joined the main army outside Odawara. During the 1590s he became friends with Tokugawa Ieyasu (who had lent him money to assist in some debts owed Toyotomi Hidetsugu), and in 1600 sided with him against Ishida Mitsunari.

In July 1600, Ishida Mitsunari had attempted to gain some leverage over those leaning towards Ieyasu by taking as hostages all those whose families were in Osaka Castle, this happened to include Tadaoki's wife, who was by now a Christian, baptized "Gracia". To avoid capture, Hosokawa Gracia ordered a servant to kill her and set fire to their quarters. While there is little reason to believe that Tadaoki was emotionally scarred by the incident, it was considered an appalling act of trickery, and served to drive Tadaoki into Ieyasu's side.

On October 20, 1600 at the Battle of Sekigahara, Tadaoki commanded 5,000 men in the Tokugawa vanguard and clashed with the forces of Shima Sakon. Afterwards, He was awarded a fief in Buzen (Kokura, 370,000 koku) and went on to serve at the Siege of Osaka.

Tadaoki died January 18, 1646, and he was succeeded by his son Hosokawa Tadatoshi (1586–1641), who was present at the Siege of Shimabara. In 1632 Tadatoshi received a huge fief worth 540,000 koku in Higo Province in Kyushu, where the Hosokawa family remained until 1871.

Character
    Dislikes: too-brittle things, too-sturdy things, ghost stories
    Talent: Breaking things, tea ceremony

A sadistic beauty of high society; it would not be a stretch to call him a representative of "the beautiful elite". Compared to his companions, Tadaoki has the foulest temper and the sharpest tongue, but people tend to overlook his various faults because of his charm, pedigree, and sagacity.

It takes surprisingly little to upset Tadaoki; the moniker "shortest temper under Heaven" isn't for nothing, after all. He essentially does not tolerate mistakes and slights against his person, which is aggravated by the fact that it is nearly impossible to know when he feels slighted as he rarely shows his angry face to others (except to a select few people). This character trait is rooted in the fact that Tadaoki's mental age is close to that of a child: he likes (to be seen) doing things that are "cool" and "on-trend", and has not the slightest bit of respect for those who can't keep up.

Tadaoki's wish to the Holy Grail is "to find someone I can bend but not break". As one who has the mentality of a child, Tadaoki expresses his love for something (or someone) by trying to break it; in other words, to provoke change in it. In life, he had found only three individuals that fit his criteria, whom he truly "loved": those two men, and that woman. But, as is the way of the world, they would all crumble into dust before him, leaving Tadaoki with the task of sweeping up their remains. And this dyed-in-the-cloth noble does so despise doing housework.

Relationships
    Master
    Because of Tadaoki's unstable mental state, Masters who summon him are advised to keep relations strictly professional --they might end up a broken, twisted heap otherwise. Those who are able to withstand Tadaoki's initial tempestuous tirades should probably be able to navigate him better after that period.

Maria Kyogoku
    "So you're the lady who brought those foreign whispers to the ear of my beloved Gracia. As a show of my thanks, how about a parting gift? One that will part you; part of you here, part of you there, and part of you way over there, staining the wall!"

Li Shuwen (Assassin)
    "My, oh my... A Heroic Spirit who reached a separate summit in their old age? I know an insolent little kitten who would be absolutely crushed to see a Servant like that!"

Justo Takayama
    "Ah, Lord Justo, it's... a great honor to fight with you once more. This humble Tadaoki-- No, that's not right. I have to say this right. --Justo. I want you to... stay alive... for me. My sword-hand being what it is, I need your help. To stay it. So it doesn't... cut anything down before its time. ...Please?"

Leo Gamo
    "Haaaah? What do I think of that smarmy, unrefined, walking piece of human trash? There's obviously not a single cultured bone in his body, what with his living spaces being so dirty and all, but if nothing else, his sickly bum makes for the perfect test subject for my home remedies. All this is to say that he won't be dying of some stupid illness a second time. Not on my watch."
    Class Skills
    Mad Enhancement: D
    Strength and Endurance parameters are up. Instead of reducing linguistic and mental ability, Tadaoki's attention span and self-concept become roughly that of a small child, which, all things considered, isn't all that much of a change from his living counterpart.

Personal Skills
    Wide Specialization: C
    Access to and the use of many professional skills. Tactics, information warfare, dietetics, weapon and armor design, along with a handful of other skills can be used at a proficiency of up to D rank. However, these suffer a negative correction, which can only be lifted through the action of one of Tadaoki's other Skills.

Chanoyu: A++
    A sub-species skill of Item Construction. The Japanese term for "the way of tea"; that is, tea preparation techniques raised to a level of mindfulness and refinement not seen in Western culinary culture. Tadaoki possesses the appropriate rank for one counted among the seven finest disciples of Sen no Rikyu, the codifier of the Japanese tea ceremony.

At this rank, the meditative practice of "making tea" has become part of one's way of being, completely nullifying any mental interference while making or consuming tea, or reducing their effectiveness otherwise. As an aside, this also means that tea produced by Tadaoki is guaranteed to be especially delicious.

Oyster of Akashi Bay: EX
    The personal Skill of Hosokawa Tadaoki, derived from an anecdote where he recommended to government posts men who were like the oysters of Akashi Bay. Said oysters are said to become more delicious the more they are worn down by the waves, so essentially his recommendation was for "persons whose rough edges have been smoothed by their companions". Incidentally, Tadaoki considered himself as one such person.

This Skill provides the effects of the Mental Pollution and Sadistic Constitution skills at B-rank; these will decrease in rank the more Tadaoki uses his other Skills. Over time, his mentality of "showing love to others by being mean to them" would also be worn down to "showing love to others by appreciating their uses", at the very least.

Noble Phantasms
    Kerakuten* Tamatsukuri: Heaven of Fallen Emanations Tamatsukuri
    Type: Anti-Team Noble Phantasm
    Range: 1-35
    Max targets: 75 people

Hosokawa Tadaoki's ravening obsession and warped desire sublimated into a Noble Phantasm. Upon True Name release, targets are imprisoned in a luxurious mansion that is promptly set on fire, while also being skewered by hundreds of flaming katanas. Damage dealt is of course tremendous, but targets who are able to survive this Noble Phantasm gain a bonus towards surviving it the second time around.

Incidentally, the name and imagery of this Noble Phantasm refers to the death of Tadaoki's wife, Hosokawa Gracia, who chose to perish in the flames of the Hosokawa family estate Tamatsukuri rather than be captured by the Western Army. Perhaps because he does not enjoy being reminded of human nature's ephemerality, or because he does not want to discover anyone else who can survive this ordeal, Tadaoki does not like employing this Noble Phantasm much.

Author's Notes
    So. I wasn't planning on releasing these until much later (pinetree's Paradesha release comes to mind), but I'm stuck in a rut with the God-and-anime gang's Very Special Episode TM so I thought sprucing up thematically related Servants would help get the creative juices flowing.

Leo Gamo
    Leo was very much the product of serendipity. For private reasons I have no wish to disclose I was unable to provide pinetree license to use the OG God-and-anime gang, so I made it up to him with these two other sheets.

I was originally going to enter Leo under his Japanese name "Gamo Ujisato", but then I found out his baptismal name was "Leo". I remembered that I had compared Justo's impression to onlookers as being similar to "a robot", so having a "lion" within this smole friend group inspired me to go all the way and make him, Justo, and Tadaoki into a Freudian trio paralleling Dorothy's companions. Thus, the "Intellectual Ikemens Who Share A Single Braincell When They're Together" gang was born.

Rather than re-capture the OG God-and-anime gang's dynamic I opted to make them into a continuum between change and stasis. Leo, with his desire to keep living, is strongly slanted towards "stasis", which is reflected all throughout his sheet.

Regarding the character quirks, the historical Leo Gamo was said to have been very fond of ghost stories and fairy tales, so that was a shoe-in for the like part. He dislikes poison because of an anecdote where Date Masamune once attempted to poison him during a tea ceremony, and also because of the rumors that Leo's death was caused by being poisoned by a paranoid Hideyoshi. "Calligraphy" is listed as his talent because Leo apparently took after Rikyu so much his handwriting was almost identical to his master's. Leo's line toward Francisco is a nod to the former having received the designation of his generation's official carrier of Fujiwara-no-Hidesato's legacy, as well as their absolutely miserable deaths.

Hosokawa Tadaoki
    The IRL-cartoonishly-cruel Tadaoki, the "scarecrow" in this merry trio, is cast as Leo's polar opposite, representing "change". He had the most time out of everyone in his friend group to change, dying at the age of 82. I tried to reference that with the third skill, representing his Beryl-level twisted love (evinced in his (mis)treatment of his wife Gracia) eventually getting worn down into a sort of pragmatism (as shown in his letters to his heir). Really, his entire life story can be summed up in single meme.

Regarding the character quirks, the historical Hosokawa Tadaoki was basically some sort of polymath, dipping his toes in everything I mentioned in the Wide Specialization skill. He and Leo share a love for yakiniku, because apparently Justo cooked that for them during the three's time at the siege of Odawara.

Here's an anecdote to illustrate the dynamic between Leo and Tadaoki:
    Quote Originally Posted by DeepL translated JP wiki, abridged by me
    When he was young, Hosokawa Tadaoki always spoke ill of Ujisato [Leo], and Ujisato also spoke ill of Tadaoki. One day, Tadaoki said to Rikyu, "Ujisato Gamo is pretending to be a man of culture, but there are riding shoes and facecloths scattered around at the back entrance of his house. You can't possible call someone like that 'cultured'!" But Rikyu said, "That's all right. As long as he refines his aesthetic sense, that's fine with me. Ujisato then opened the room's sliding door and laughed loudly, saying, "I'm so glad I was here to see someone badmouthing me get scolded!"
    * In Japanese, this would read 化落天 (Kerakuten); a pun on 化楽天 (Kerakuten), i.e., Nirmannarati, the kamaloka of "devas 'delighting in their creations'" that's also referenced in Summer Kiara's NP. The implication here is that Tadaoki delights in seeing the downfall of his kamaloka's inhabitants (Tamatsukuri is firstly his residence, after all), since that's how he expresses his affection, at least initially.

PS. Holy cow I did not expect the A/Ns to get this long. I'm sorry, I just love these historical figures so much. Looks like NINE will have more hot tea to spill to his girlfriends on r/tumblr. How will I ever recover!?

Anyway. Ciao.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I was wondering if you were actually going to post them. I love their dynamic and that anecdote only made it better!
    I'm only using Leo in Paradesha, the players even met him already but... Reading them again I might have to find a way to get Tadaoki in there...

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Deja vu, i feel like ive seem these two before~
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I caught that Kung Fu Panda reference on Tadaoki, you sly dog.
    Aside from that, these two are nice. Not much else I can say about them.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Krios: Fine sheet. Disassembling the Golden Fleece into gold threads he can manipulate is a cool idea, and his personality is cute.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Krios: Fine sheet. Disassembling the Golden Fleece into gold threads he can manipulate is a cool idea, and his personality is cute.
    Hi Royd, thanks for the feedback!

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Berserker of Changping
    -- Unparalleled Victor of Qin --

"Ufufu, I see, so that's how it is. I was right. Of course I am. It is to be expected. Now then, you must be my liege, yes? Servant Berserker, True Name Bai Qi, at your service. It has been quite some time since I was last deployed to the front lines, but it is of no concern. I won't let such trivialities put a stain on my perfect victory record. Now then, shall we begin? Every moment spent idle is an opportunity lost to enrich our glories."
    ~ ♬ ~

Source

"It is only human to seek fame and recognition. To ensure that your name will be spoken in centuries to come, long after your time. These 'games' of mine are but one way to accomplish that. Now then, give me the order, and we shall begin another round. Which empire will perish today..?"

Other Classes: Caster, Rider, Gatekeeper

True Name: Bai Qi
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    Origin: China (2nd century BC)

Parameters:

STR: C
    END: B
    AGI: B
    MGI: C
    LCK: A
    NP: EX

Dislikes: Losing, people who disregard his demands, mediocrity, obscurity
    Talent: Annihilation warfare, organizing mass executions, learning whatever skill required to "win"
    Natural Enemy: King Zhaoxiang of Qin
    Armament: Sword, siege and artillery weapons, soldier familiars
    Catalyst: An ancient record of his campaigns

Class Skills
    Madness Enhancement (EX)

A Class Skill that raises basic parameters and strengthens one's physical abilities in exchange of hindering mental capacities and/or in exchange for their sense of reason. Berserker carries himself with an air of unnatural composure as he speaks eloquently of complex battle tactics, philosophy, and politics. He responds to enemy provocation with a self-assured smile and is capable of calmly assessing the battlefield amidst the chaos to create an optimal strategy. Some may wonder why he is even a Berserker in the first place. However... the way he casually speaks of wiping out empires and burying soldiers alive with the same smile he has during a nice afternoon teatime, the way he would refuse orders that would jeopardize his "perfect win streak", and the way he sees a bloody war as a mere game that would grant him even more recognition...

Well, aside from these minor obsessions, he can be considered sane for the most part... probably. Or is that what he wants you to think? After all, warfare is based on deception, and this situation is no exception.

"No, no, I assure you, I am very much sane. What's wrong with being passionate with the things you do, or wanting to maintain your record? Be it cheering for your favorite sports team, aiming for a new high score in your favorite videogame, or executing a few thousand people on a pleasant afternoon, what's the difference, really? I do tend to get a bit overexcited when the topic of competition comes up, but that's perfectly natural! Life just feels a lot more colorful when you have a hobby to be passionate about!"
    "Oh my, Command Spell? Ufufu, that's cute, but there won't be any need for that. Don't you trust my judgment, as the general who's never tasted defeat once in his entire life? Really, I have our route to victory all planned out. All you have to do is sit nicely as I add another battle to my list of accomplishments. Oh, and I don't take objections. If you've read my life story, I'm sure you know that I'd rather cut off your arm and return to the Throne than lose."

Personal Skills
    Human Butcher
    Ren Tu
    (A)

Berserker's moniker, as the general responsible for the deaths of over one million. Drowning, burying alive, beheading, burning, large-scale annihilation... there is no method of killing in China's Warring States period that Berserker is unfamiliar with. The countless lives he took only served to bolster his reputation as the general who never lost a single campaign in his 30+ years of serving under Qin (a fact he's all too happy to remind you constantly).

A combination of Aptitude for Slaughter and Pleasure Killing, denoting exceptional knowledge in inflicting pain and death towards humans, and the ability to recover a small amount of mana with every life he takes. Unlike more traditional Berserkers who would have used this Skill to murder indiscriminately, Berserker's reason(?) remains mostly intact, which increases its effectiveness during confrontations.

"Me? A villain? Ahaha, I don't mind being called that, but don't you think such black-and-white thinking is a little narrow-minded? I'm sure some are inclined to agree with me here. Sometimes, killing is the only thing you can do to make a difference. What, do you think people like Genghis Khan or Iskandar are known for their overwhelming mercy and compassion? I care not whether history considers me 'good' or 'evil'. What matters is that they remember my name."

Hopeless Encirclement (B)

A ruthless tactic Berserker employed during the Battle of Changping. After attacking Berserker's seemingly weak-looking flank, enemy forces found themselves surrounded from all sides, trapping them on a hill with no escape in sight. Afterwards, the Qin army simply waited as their enemies exhausted their supplies, only employing the occasional light skirmishes to accelerate the process. After 46 long days, the Zhao army had grown so desperate that they slaughtered their own horses for survival, crippling their cavalry, and allegedly even partook on cannibalism when they ran out of horses. This took out a sizable portion of the Zhao army, and while the Qin still lost almost half their forces in the ensuing battle, Berserker still managed to kill the enemy commander through his archers, and the remaining soldiers surrendered shortly afterwards.

Whenever enemies find themselves in a significantly disadvantageous battle with Berserker, they will find themselves losing energy/mana at a faster rate, accompanied by an ominous sense of hunger that grows with every second the situation persists. If left untreated long enough, this hunger may cloud their judgment and consume their minds in a manner similar to Madness Enhancement where they would do anything to sate it. Their minds would fail to register friend and foe, only hunger. To nullify this effect, when engaging Berserker, one must make sure that they do not stay in a disadvantageous state for long. They must be quick to turn the tables, or at the very least equalize the playing field somehow. Failing that, retreat. Individuals known for battles of attrition may last longer against this hunger, but even they cannot resist it forever.

"I learned this one from Sunzi's Art of War. I recall there was a chapter on deception, and luring out enemy forces with this sort of bait was listed as an example there. As for what happened afterwards... I just decided to experiment a bit. Rather than crushing them then and there on that hill, I gave my men some time for a well-deserved rest as I observe what would happen next. We celebrated, replenished supplies, and exchanged stories by the campfire as we waited for the Zhao to exhaust themselves. After a while, I got tired of waiting and decided to ascend the hill with my men. What I saw there was, well... let's just say there's nothing better than seeing your enemies take themselves out! That's another flawless victory for me!"

All Soldiers Must Be Buried (A/D)

Continuing from where we left off, after their commander was killed, most of the Zhao army was forced to surrender. Afterwards, Berserker proceeded to bury at least 400,000 Zhao soldiers alive in one of history's most brutal mass executions. The once-major Zhao state was driven to the brink of extinction, which made it easy for the legendary First Emperor to conquer it roughly four decades later. This Skill manifests as the ability to impose a strong physical pressure and induce a feeling similar to gradual oxygen deprivation on opponents. This Skill is especially effective on those considered "combatants" (soldiers, fighters, warriors with military training, etc.). On the contrary, since there are no record of him ever slaughtering civilians, this Skill loses most of its effectiveness when used on those outside the criteria.

"You have to be thorough in this sort of thing. It's not enough that I win; all others must fail, and it falls to me to crush even the slightest possibility of defeat. That's how you pull off a truly flawless victory! Then again, I suppose it would be a shame if everyone's too dead to marvel at my accomplishments. Ah, but such worries are unnecessary. Last time, I made sure to release 240 of the enemy's youngest soldiers to speak of my deeds back home. 240 out of at least 450,000 men returned home with no strings attached on that day. See? I can be merciful when I want to!"

Tactician's Command (A+)

A Skill given to military-affiliated Servants. Maximizes the power of allied troops as an army, including oneself. Berserker's particular method of leadership encourages his subordinates to throw away their humanity for the sake of victory. His soldiers would fight ruthlessly, with no concept of mercy nor honor, even willing to commit numerous unspeakable atrocities for the sake of "victory". In truth, this Skill is closer to a contagious Mental Pollution that disseminates Berserker's warped convictions upon those who serve under him.

"If I remember correctly, there is a similar Skill named Tactician's Advice, yes? And that other Chinese tactician born after my time has both. Now why do I have one but not the other? Isn't it obvious? Because I do not give 'advice'. I give orders. Fight. Advance. Kill. Do it like there's no tomorrow. Refuse, and I'll have you join our enemies a few hundred feet below the earth. This is my singular command to you: win."

Noble Phantasm(s)
    Victor's Boon: This Massacre is Proof that You Exist
    Huíyě Dāopiŕn

"Ufufu... AHAHAHA! Rejoice, weaklings, for it is by my blade that your names will live on! Now, awaken and rage in vain against your penultimate fate! Huíyě Dāopiŕn!"

Type: Anti-Unit (Self)/Anti-Army
    Range: Varies
    Max Targets: Varies

The Sword of Remembrance... or so Berserker insists on calling it. Even now, it is unclear just how many people Berserker actually killed in the Battle of Changping. 450,000 is the most common estimate, and it's not unheard of for ancient historians to exaggerate or understate the number of war casualties due to their own biases and/or the lack of proper documenting techniques. Occasionally, human remains and ancient artifacts can still be found on the site of the battlefield, but it is virtually impossible to determine the true number of casualties in the present day. On a related note, after a string of natural disasters threatened his kingdom, Emperor Xuanzong of Tang (685-762) built a temple dedicated to those who perished in the war, believing their restless spirits to be responsible. Yet even this temple was lost to time, leaving no proof of its existence. Thus, in a way, Berserker's name is the sole proof that many of these soldiers existed at all, since the world recognizes them as "those who perished at Changping". For a modern comparison, it's similar to how a trophy held by a first-place champion of a certain competition implies the existence of countless unsung warriors who participated, yet failed to emerge anywhere near the top spot, even after all details of the competition (save for that one first-place trophy held by the champion) is lost to history.

This "trophy" manifests as a traditional, one-handed Chinese sword held by Berserker. The blade is decorated with beautifully ornate inscriptions painted in blood. The blood of countless Zhao soldiers who fell at Changping. Upon activating this Noble Phantasm, the inscriptions would radiate an ominous crimson glow, and Berserker may temporarily "summon" the spirits embedded within this sword into reality. Visually, every time he invokes a spirit, a small part of the inscription disappears from the blade, and returns once the spirit is sealed once again. This translates into three main abilities; summoning them as wraiths capable of physically assaulting enemies, summoning them into himself to reinforce his parameters, or gaining access to their Skills (Riding, Marksmanship, Swordsmanship, Battle Continuation, etc.) similar to Imperial Privilege. Since most of the men who lost their lives in that battle were common foot soldiers and cavalrymen, most of the effects received from these Noble Phantasm is negligible on their own. The wraiths are no match for most Servants, the parameter boosts are minor, and any Skill obtained are generally ranked E~D at most. Berserker can stack these effects and increase their effectiveness, but summoning too many spirits in quick succession may make it harder for him to exert control over them. Should he ultimately lose control of these spirits, they would most likely tear him limb to limb in their boundless hatred for him. Berserker is confident that such a thing would never happen ("Considering our sheer difference in strength, skill, intellect, and fame, they stand no chance of rising up against me anytime soon. Seriously, the gap between the first and second place, the winner and the loser, of our last encounter is just far too large."), though he remains cautious not to overuse this Noble Phantasm nonetheless.

This Noble Phantasm has a different effect when used on Servants. A small section of the blade remains clean, without a single inscription to decorate it. With every Servant he kills, their blood would in turn decorate this section. From there, he can use all three applications of this Noble Phantasm at an even greater efficiency in comparison to using these spirits. However, there are caveats to this ability as well. Since Servants have a more "defined" existence compared to faceless soldiers, the blade cannot seal their existences forever inside it. Only five "Servants" can be stored inside the blade at any given moment. Furthermore, unlike the soldiers who can be summoned infinitely with enough cooldown time, Servants can only be summoned for 1-5 "uses" (one use translates into one action as a shadow, one temporary parameter boost, or one temporary Skill obtained) before their inscriptions naturally fade away, depending on their level of fame. More famous figures tend to have less "uses", as it is easier for the world to reestablish their identities, while lesser-known individuals tend to have more "uses".

Lore
    Act 1
    One of China's most accomplished generals during the tumultuous Warring States period (403 BC - 221 BC). It is said that at least two million people lost their lives in the battlefields of that era, and the fearsome Bai Qi was responsible for around half that number, as the general who never knew defeat. During his 30+ years serving as a commander in the Qin army, he seized more than 73 cities from the other six states, and to date no record has been found to show that he suffered a single defeat throughout his military career.

Little is known regarding Bai Qi's childhood. He was born into a noble family, but due to a legalistic reformation in the State of Qin at the time, his noble blood did not help him much. The society prioritized merit-based military achievements, and thus in his youth, he started out as an ordinary officer in the Qin army. Nonetheless, he soon proved himself to be an extraordinary prodigy and rapidly rose through the ranks. By the time he was 30, he was appointed as the chief commander of the Qin army. In his first major battle as commander, he fought against the allied states of Han and Wei. He had less than half the number of soldiers compared to his enemies, but still managed to pull off a decisive victory and greatly expand Qin influence across the land. A year after this campaign, he was appointed as Vice Prime Minister of Qin by King Zhaoxiang, and shortly afterwards, Prime Minister.

From there, his reputation only grew. At the time, there were seven warring states vying for domination; Qin, Wei, Han, Chu, Qi, Yan, and Zhao. Bai Qi led the Qin on many successful campaigns against these rival states. He drowned the Chu army in a flooding attack. He massacred the Wei-Zhao alliance at Huayang and threw their bodies down the river. He captured five major Han strongholds and decapitated 50,000 of their men. Later on, these feats would cement him as one of the four greatest generals of the era, and the most fearsome one. The human butcher.

After many successful campaigns that severely weakened most of the other states, the time finally came for Qin to confront Zhao- their strongest and most long-lasting rival- and end the warring states once and for all. The battle initially resulted in a stalemate under fellow Qin general Wang He. When Bai Qi was appointed to replace him, however, the battle quickly shifted in Qin's favor. The fearsome general easily outmaneuvered his opponents, trapping the Zhao on a hill and eliminating a sizable amount of their forces. After his opponents surrendered, he proceeded to release 240 of their youngest soldiers, and buried the rest- roughly 400,000 soldiers in total- alive. The reason for this brutal massacre is not clear, although numerous historians had tried to formulate guesses for it. Some believed he was only following orders from the King. Others believed that there was simply no benefit from keeping the Zhao alive; they would refuse to pledge their allegiance to their King, and would most likely to continue causing trouble within Qin territory. One popular interpretation states that setting them free would render the victory pointless, and the survivors would challenge the Qin again in the future if left alive, potentially threatening the general's perfect victory record. Even so... why would he release those 240 soldiers if that were the case?

"Well, they say it was to warn others of my deeds and spread fear among the remnants of the Zhao. That's not entirely wrong, but they're still missing a piece of the puzzle there. I released them knowing full well they would most likely challenge the Qin again in the future. In fact, I wanted them to do just that. 240 people... a large enough number to raise a significant army, but nowhere near enough to avoid being crushed by my hand. It would be a perfect chance to add on to my victories! It's a shame that I died before they could reassemble their forces. Had I been there, I would have buried them all over again, while showing 'mercy' to their youngest! Ah, the thought of it is exhilarating! In modern terms, it's like a surefire hack to farm for achievements!"

Act 2
    Whatever the case, the Zhao found themselves at the brink of extinction after the Battle of Changping. Afterwards, Bai Qi proposed to the King that he continue the assault on Zhao territory and further expand Qin influence, all while the Zhao was left vulnerable from the previous battle. Yet the King refused, claiming that the Qin army also deserved a chance to rest. Bai Qi begrudgingly relented, returning to the capital, where he fell ill during the journey. In truth, the King was persuaded by Fan Ju, an important minister who had long envied the general's achievements and were secretly paid off by the Zhao.

For the next few months, while Bai Qi was recuperating from his illness, the Qin continued to participate in skirmishes against the united remnants of the other states. Yet as the general had foretold, without his presence there, the Qin continued to suffer loss after loss. After he had recovered, the King ordered him to continue the attack on Zhao territory... to which he refused. According to him, fighting a war so distant from the capital was no longer feasible ("In no small part thanks to those incompetent simpletons they called my 'replacements'. I swear, just what can they do without me?"). While some believed that this assessment was born from his years of experience as a tactician, others argued that there were other motives for his refusal; either purely out of spite, or because he simply was unwilling to fight in a battle where he stood a significant chance of actually losing, threatening his perfect record.

Angered by his refusal, and further influenced by Fan Ju, who convinced him that Bai Qi's power could threaten Qin one day if left unchecked, the King stripped him of all his title and sentenced him to death. Yet the general remained steadfast in his decision. He literally chose death over staining his record. Before he took his own life, he stated that he deserved such a tragic ending after the atrocities he committed.

"Huh, was that really what I said back then? I think they got the gist of it right, but the tone of the message was lost in the records. Allow me to elaborate; I genuinely believe I deserve such an ending, but not because of the reason you think. I deserve it... as a way to cement my name in history. See, a general who never lost a battle and spent his entire life showered in riches and awards is a good story and all... but it's far too predictable! Now, a tragic antihero betrayed by his lord despite his years of service and forced to shoulder the moral weight of his previous actions, on the other hand... that is a much more interesting story in comparison! That was my final victory in life; I cemented my name not just in the heartss of my enemies, but also in the hearts of countless others who came long after my time! Ufufu, yes... praise me! Curse me! Remember my name! AHAHAHAHAHA!!"

Description
    "Finally, someone who recognizes my greatness! For the record, you did summon me because you're aware of my feats, yes..? No? Ahaha, maybe I should give you a live demonstration by burying you neck-deep on the earth, so you can finally treat me with the respect I deserve!"
    "Ufufu, apologies, I jest. You should have seen that look on your face. I'm always willing to regale others with tales of who I am, as the general who never knew defeat. Now, where shall I begin..?"

Source

"The battlefield. The chaos! The carnage! The screams! Ah, but please do not misunderstand. I do not like war for the mere act of killing in and of itself. War is a tragedy, of course, but you have to look at the big picture. What is tragedy, what is strife, if not a chance to separate the mighty from the weaklings!? The victors from the failures!? Those who would leave their mark on history, and those who would be mercilessly crushed underneath it!? It is a chance to prove yourself. To let your name be known far and wide. To win."

Dislikes:
    "This is a minor thing, but I generally dislike slaughtering civilians. They're just not worth the effort. Like killing beginner-level slimes when you almost hit max level. Besides, you can get awards for slaughtering armies and their commanders, but not for civilian casualties. Really, it's just too much effort for too little payoff. Back then, I genuinely hoped that every city I conquered would just surrender peacefully to their new management. Unfortunately, things rarely went so smoothly. There were the occasional civilian militias or farmers hopelessly raising their weapons at us, trying to be a hero and whatnot. In such circumstances, I was at least kind enough to grant them the choice between decapitation or burial."

Wish:
    "A golden cup that grants wishes? I suppose simply getting my hands on one of those would add quite the notable achievement to my list. And to think I have to fight other heroes of legend for it... this 'Holy Grail War' of yours promises to be a most interesting stage indeed."
    "Hm? What would I do with the cup afterwards... who knows? With or without it, regardless of time and place, I'm always on the lookout for new opportunities to expand my list of victories."

An ambitious psychopath addicted to victory, it's no surprise that most of his actions are motivated solely by the desire to increase his fame by piling victory atop even more victories. He boasts endlessly of his past deeds- speaking of grotesque massacres and mass executions with the excitement of a child on their first day of school- and is quick to pick up new skills and knowledge, so long as he learns them in order to prevail over others in some way. He prioritizes winning over anything else, willing to ignore the Master's commands entirely or inflict as much collateral damage as necessary so long as he can emerge victorious in the end. Even on the rare cases where he finds himself thoroughly outmatched by his opponent, he's quick to move the goalpost or perform some mental gymnastics that would still register him as the "winner", as if the very concept of loss cannot exist in his mind. In that sense, despite his brilliant intellect and his deceptively composed nature as a tactician, he still is a Berserker through and through. As a footnote, his obsession with "winning" may help Masters and other people to exert some control over him, for example by framing orders as a "game" he can "win", or baiting him to do something for an "easy victory". That said, the master tactician is probably smart enough to put two and two together after a while. What follows afterwards... you don't want to know.

Relationships
    Hong Xiuquan:
    "A pale imitation of Qin, built upon a madman's delusions. Did you really think facing the Qing was a major feat worthy of praise? For all the casualties incurred, your rebellion was the equivalent of mugging a dying old man... and you lost spectacularly, for god's sake! Ah, that look on your face when your army fell, your cities burned, and everything you stood for was lost... may I have the honor of witnessing it one more time, as I bury you?"

Liu Jin:
    "Not bad. Not bad at all. I can feel your ambition, from the way you manipulated the Emperor for your own ends... unfortunately, you grew too reliant on him. It helps to befriend those in high positions of power, but they should not be your main asset. The moment they withdraw their support, your life is forfeit... though I'm sure you understand that lesson all too well."

Qin Shi Huang:
    "The First Emperor himself, the Great Unifier... hmph, I'll give credit where credit is due, but I still think it was I who paved the way for your conquest."

Qin Shi Huang (Lostbelt):
    "Oh my, world domination, is it? Most impressive. Shame I wasn't a part of it. Perhaps if I had been born a few decades later, or if the campaigns started earlier, during your grandfather's time... well, no sense dwelling on what-ifs. I'm sure there will be many more chance for us to expand our influence here. It is an honor to be working with you."

Sunzi-Chiyou:
    "Fufu, heh... Aha, AHAHAHAHAH! Amazing! The country's greatest tactician, and its greatest warmonger, manifested as one! I can't ask for anything better than this! Truly, you have my utmost respect, in every sense of the word! ...Which is why I just can't wait to pit our armies against one another! To bury you and add your name to my list! War for the sake of war!? Why don't I bring you one better!? Let us wage a war for my sake. My achievements, to be specific. Now then, show me the worst humanity has to offer!"

Cao Cao:
    "Tch, he fought two kingdoms and got all the glory. I annihilated six and barely anyone talks about me these days... Life truly is unfair. Well, no matter. If I were to take his head, I would 'inherit' his victories on top of mine, right? Yes, this could be a worthy challenge for me..."

Chen Gong:
    "Your strategies are impressive, Gongtai, but you could have set your sights higher. Look at your lord; the man who tore through the Three Kingdoms, free to wreak havoc with no loyalty towards anyone but himself. Dedicating your life to another, noble as it is, would only limit your potential as a mere shadow to them. You can afford to learn a few things from him."

Zhuge Liang, Sima Yi:
    "Pathetic. Refusing an opportunity to enrich your glories by entrusting your powers to others. Well, I did hear that your vessels are quite accomplished individuals in their own rights. Let's prove that with a game, shall we? I'll even let you choose what sort of game we shall partake in. Now, are you ready to prove yourselves?"

Gatekeeper-Class Servants:
    "Apparently long after my death, the people deified me as a... door god. A divine entity that guards their temples from evil influence. God knows why they chose to give that sort of authority to me. Standing around in front of temples with nothing to do and no way to achieve anything new sounds like hell to me. So yes, I do qualify as a Gatekeeper, albeit a weak one at that. I'd rather not be summoned as one ever, though."

Emperor Zhaoxiang of Qin:
    "...I will bury you. No, not because you sentenced me to death. I have already made peace with that long ago. It's just that, once I think about it... I've won against the Zhao, the Wei, the Chu, and all the others, but I don't think I've ever won specifically against the Qin. Yes... your name will be nothing more than another footnote on the list. Now, perish."

Bond CE
    Burial of the Fallen

Source

There's really no excuse, nor any deeper meaning for the things I did... not that I ever need those to begin with.
    During times of war, the right to live, to be remembered, to exist, is something that must be earned.

It is a right granted only to the undisputed victor, to go home, and to be showered with praises and accolades.
    To raise their glass in celebration and spend the lively nights in the capital, surrounded by the finest things the world has to offer.
    While those who fall are devoured by the earth.
    While parents, widows, and children mourned.
    While the world moves forward and their bodies become one with the land once again.

As for the victors, be it good or evil, heroes or monsters...
    Come what may, our names will live on.

Creator's Notes
    Welp, I just went from wholesome rice goddess to a war criminal with a 1,000,000:0 K ratio (technically his enemies didn't even get the satisfaction of killing him since he killed himself first). Edgy BnEl15 is back in the house, baby.

Also sure hope I'm not sniping Kamera's fc here, but oh well.
    Last edited by BnEl15; June 15th, 2022 at 05:43 AM.

Blog Entries
    oof. damn what an asshole. great sheet. The butcher and bury skill may have been combined into one.
    and the CE pic is haunting, even tho i read the manga too.

University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Baron Magnus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Fiction and Reality are often called two sides of the same coin.

However which is true for this man? Is he the Reality or the Fiction?
    I am... Servant Saber... Let us leave it at that and focus on the war, master

True Name
    PrinceKing John of England

Class
    Saber

Origin
    Historical Fact, Literature, and English Mythology

Alignment
    Lawful-Evil

Isabella, Woman, Alcohol, Wealth, Jokes, Power, England, Richard.
    Maid Marian, Wealth, Power, Alcohol

Dislikes
    Religion, Barons, Authority, Economics, Contemporaries, History.
    Robin Hood, Richard, England, Peasants

Natural Talents
    Economics and Tyranny

Natural Enemy
    Robin Hood

Other Classes
    Caster, Avenger

Catalyst
    Fragments of his crown or castle or Curtana

Armaments
    Curtana (D-rank)

... do I... confuse you?
    I apologize for that... I am... unstable...
    It does make existence... difficult

Parameters

Str: D End: D Agi: D
    Mna: D Lck: A NP: B/C

Despite the strength of the container my own lacking strength brings it down.... how unfortunate...

Personal Skills

Innocent Monster: B

A skill held by those servants who had a historical, real counterpart that has been wholly subsumed by a fictional counterpart thanks to the perceptions of humanity. They can be created by rumors, a famous story, or even the person themselves. The methods matter little so much as the reality that the servants fictional self is viewed as more real than the real servants historical self.

In his case this skill would have twisted him from being the controversial but ultimately successful king of england in the years of late 1100s and early 1200s to a tyrannical prince who used the trust of his brother, Richard, to ursurp the throne when they went on a crusade and was toppled by the courageous Robin Hood. Yet this did not happen for this servant.

Rather it has not. Due to the class skill Avenger strong remnants of his former self remain and ward off a total subsuming of his fictional self, creating a servant with dual personalities that in some ways overlap and in others conflict. He loves King Richard and laments his death in the crusades and seeks to do him proud... yet he hates King Richard and plotted his whole life to ursurp him and is glad the crusades made it easier for him to.

However his hatred does not conflict. He hates contemporaries and their modern equivalents for slandering his and his wife's name. He hates barons and their modern equivalents for killing him and his wife. His hates Robin Hood for stealing his wealth and ending his reign before it ever truly began. Thus is his hatred.

Tsk... Robin Hood... venerated even now... what did that damnable cur do to deserve praise...!?

Crown of Cruelty: A

A skill unique to the heroic spirit PrinceKing John of England. Known as a tyrant in both reality and fiction, this skill grants all servants of the heroic spirit this skill due to this reputation. It is a skill that contains the skills Thirsting Charisma and Distortion at an equivalent rank to this skill. In his particular case, due to being based on the fictional and more cruel version of King John, he has this skill at a high rank.

The former skill, Thirsting Charisma, is a variant of Charisma that rules through fear and tyranny. Rather than one who might've been benevolent in approach at one time he from the first moment ruled like a tyrant with fear and cruelty. In essence at this rank he has the effects of Charisma at a similar level but also instill fear into those that behold him.

The latter skill, Distortion, grants the class skill of another class container at the expense of the primary class skill of the servants current class container. In his case he gains the Avenger class skill from the Avenger class container in exchange for the class skill Magic Resistance being ranked down by two ranks.

... Master. I will remind you exactly once. Never speak of Richard the first before me. Am I Understood?

Golden Rule (Economics): EX

A variant of the Golden Rule skill. One with this skill does not gain explicitly wealth. Rather it is a skill that grants the servant the ability to find information of the nations economic status easily as well as instinctively manipulate it to their own ends. Whether it is manipulating the market to make reagents for enemy masters harder to find while also making reagents for their own master cheap on the dollar or simply crashing the market or making it lucrative. As the king that revolutionize and innovated the economy of England in the 1100s and early 1200s he has this skill at a ludicrous rank.

Not only does he have an instinctive, inherent ability to detect and manipulate the nations economic status, he also can utilize resources to alter it at a whim. Effectively the economic market his plaything and he will utilize it to give himself and his master an advantage while disadvantaging his enemies almost as easily as simply whispering the right thing into the right ear.

It is not an all powerful skill even at this rank however. He cannot make economics unrealistic. He cannot make electricity worthless without anything to replace it. He cannot make lead turn into gold and thus more valuable than gold. Rather he instead utilizes knowledge of the economy to manipulate it. For example he may discover a company stock that is historically unreliable that is current popular by word of mouth and use that to drive the economy in a certain direction, so long as it is relevant to the choice company.

Hmph... childs play. There. In ten days time most root flora will be cheaper. At least until the market corrects... but that is an inevitability. You can use the opening to stock up on essentials. Then tell me what to devalue next. I'll need to do a bit of research to make a plan of attack

Class Skills

Avenger: B

A skill that prevents an Avenger from forgetting the object of his hatred. Having died in disgrace by the contemporaries and barons, he holds hatred for them even under the effects of Innocent Monster, circumventing the skill and keeping important vestiges of his former self intact as well as serving the basis for this skill. However that skill, Innocent Monster, restrains and restricts this skill as it does that skill lowering both of their ranks by one.

At this rank he holds hatred for both sides of him; He hates Robin Hood for ending his reign as King of England after gaining it from Richard when they went on crusades and he hates contemporaries, their modern equivalent, barons, and their modern equivalents for writing humiliating and disgusting things about him and Isabella and for causing their deaths. Until his hatred is quenched even running out of prana will not slow him down from seeking his revenge.

... Hmph... are you serious master? Such a form of magecraft exists? Disgusting. My first order of business will be to eradicate that school. Wholly. Utterly. Bards shall perish from this planet

Magic Resistance: E

A staple of the saber class, renowned for high levels of magic resistance. Yet due to encountering now magus during his lifetime he has this skill at a low rank. It also reduces further due to the Personal Skill Distortion. If it were not for his class container this skill would likely not exist at all. At his rank he cannot nullify magic damage but he can mitigate it.

Yes... a bit of a pity master but my magecraft resistance isn't as great as I'd like. An effect of my... predicament...

Riding: C

The staple skill of Riders, Sabers also gain this skill. While he has no particular anecdotes about personal riding skills he was a king and did take a long journey several times during the several wars. As such he has this skill at a decent rank. At its particular rank he can ride horses and carriages with practiced and skilled ease. Further he can, within a week, learn to operate and ride any animal or vehicle.

Hmph. Of course I can ride a horse... as for a car... give me a week, master.

Lore

A servant of two identities. Normally such an existence would warrant a skill like High Servant. However he is different. The heroic spirit has deep ties to both versions despite how different they are. King John of england and Prince John of England. One was a controversial king who ran afoul of the church and barons but revolutionized Englands economy. The other was a fictional caricature of the King who gained the throne through betrayal and was resisted by the dashing rogue Robin Hood. Two different identities tied together by a single identity; John of England. Thus their histories are important to their servant selves.

King John of England was a king that reigned from 1199 AD to 1216 AD when he died. He gained the throne when his brother, King Richard, died during the crusade. Despite his rebellion against the administrators left by his brother, he did not actually hate his brother. Rather he seemed to think they were abusing their authority and insulting his brother. Perhaps it is this fact that led him to being crowned King of England.

After this he became a very controversial king but one that, despite losing land, made reforms that allowed England to survive to the modern day in one form or another. What made him controversial was not only his wringing of funds from barons by force but also his several mistresses and his impious jokes regarding the church.

Controversial also was his choice in wife. Isabella. Contemporaries of the time write that he treated her horridly not sending money from her lands and did not pay much money for his wife's household. However others wrote that he was infatuated with her and did have a successful marriage, producing 5 children with her.

His most controversial acts however were in regards with the church. Jokes, refusal to take communion, blasphemous statements. None more serious than the rumors of his atheistic views that he did nothing to stop rumors of. This led to contemporaries writing incessantly about his impiety and barons gossiping endlessly about his blasphemy.

Over time he reformed England greatly however to the dismay of contemporaries and the barons he wasn't a very successful military leader. He lost many french territories and nearly lost Ireland. All in spite of being present for most fights that broke out during this time. Eventually his various failures led to the barons threatening rebellion.

This was when the Magna Carta was chartered and signed by him and the barons. Though it did little it laid the groundwork for later legal documents. In its time however it could not prevent the rebellion that would kill him. Forced to the front lines during it, he caught disintery and was forced to retreat. He not only lost the crown jewels during this retreat he also died before reaching his home.

Prince John, the other half of his identy, of England was the fictional enemy of Robin Hood. In this narrative he was made steward or successfully rebelled while King Richard was away carrying out his crusade. Accused of ursurping the throne, he laughed at these accusations and used his newfound power to begin heavily taxing the populace.

His agent in collecting them was the Sheriff of Nottingham who enjoyed bullying a particular village near the Sherwood Forest. However his newfound fantasy would become a nightmare after this event. Soon after the populace began getting squeezed for taxes a rebel arose named Robin Hood. Angered at his authority being questioned he set his military to attack to destroy Robin Hood.

It was on the battlefield they both met. He had tried many schemes but failed and Robin Hood had fought a long war. At the time Robin Hood didn't even recognize that he was the prince he was resisting. He barely recognized Robin Hood wasn't one of his own archers. They both reacted very slowly. He barely felt the crossbow arrow plunge into his heart as he cut into Robin Hood as they retreated.

He died on that battlefield. Surrounded by soldiers that hated him for what he did to their families.

This is the identity of Prince/King John of England. Both are as real yet fake to him as neither is.

Heh... Hahaha! Pitiful isn't it! Perhaps this is fate, punishing me or my own luck laughing at my suffering!
    Tsk... come now master. Laugh. They all do. You should too... I can handle laughter far better than pity

Personality

John is a very troubled servant. He is stuck between two distinct realities of himself. The Fictional Prince John and the Historic King John. However a few personality traits are similar between them. Both of them are cruel, relishing in the pain and anguish of others as well as being completely heartless and lacking empathy. Both also are very petty, using scorched earth tactics over the smallest of offenses. They are also both incredibly spiteful, rather destroying anything they can as they lose rather than accept loss in the first place.

Yet this comes not from a place of true malice. He wasn't even raised incorrectly. Rather it is the result of a simple fact that neither history nor fiction can hide, cover up, or shy away from. He is simply less than his brother Richard. In every way Richard is far better. In renown, in respect, in skill, in talent. He even is said to have been able to wield excalibur and supposedly it is said that he was able to tap into Curtana in a way that John simply isn't able to, allowing it to be a true sword of mercy and accomplishing miracles.

John feels intense inferiority to this. Yet both sides react differently aside from the fact that they lash out at others to cover up their own feelings of inferiority to their brother Richard. King John loves his brother and doesn't try to emulate him, instead focusing on preserving what he left behind and letting his frustrations out on others. Prince John however includes his brother in his spitefulness. His over taxation serves a double purpose; acquiring wealth and allowing him to subtly ruin his brothers nation.

However another point of interest is their views on Isabella. Prince John barely recognizes their existence, considering them a mere footnote. However King John wholly views her as his wife and shows a measure of guilt regarding her. His love of her is genuine and it seems he simply lacks grace when expressing it. Part of his hatred lies in the warping of their relationship done by contemporaries. He is grateful to the modern era for at least seeing through that part of the slander.

Yet for all these there is a deep hatred and resentment beneath it all. A black pit of rage that seeks to consume all. He hated the contemporaries of his time and bottled it up. He also hated the barons when they rebelled. Now as a servant he hates them even more and his hatred is fixated on their complete excising from society by any means. Further he recognizes that they would change over time and seeks to discover their modern day equivalents to see his revenge through. He is almost as a wild boar in this regard.

Perhaps his only good quality is his skill at economics. He was able to manipulate his nations economy to fund the various wars he set out to do. Even if they were failures they weren't poorly funded. Rather they were as well funded as they could be for the time. Despite his dislike of dealing with economics he is a genius when regarding them. This is true of both sides of him.

... Ah yes... Isabella... the one light in my tales... I merely ignore their light... but the King adores her...

Interactions

Master
    So to review... yes. My true identity is both King John and Prince John... and Robin Hood is my mortal foe... I will not rest until I squeeze the life out of him with my own hands for what he did...!

Robin Hood
    Grrrr... That contemptible rabble... I should have set fire to the Sherwood. I don't care if the local druids would've rebelled... if it'd have killed him for what he did...!

Sheriff of Nottingham
    Ah... my most loyal warrior... I wonder if he ended up in the throne...?

Richard I
    Tsk! Perfect, as always! There is no way for me to compete!!!

Artist Servants
    ... Hmph... some I can accept... but the contemporaries... i must dash them across the rocks!!!

Noble Phantasm

On my crown I swear... On my Sword I pledge... By royal decree I proclaim!
    Magna Carta!

Type
    Anti-Army

Rank
    B

A crystallization of a pivotal moment of his life. The signing of the Magna Carta. A document meant to broker freedoms and peace between the barons and monarchy, it ultimately failed when both broke their side. Unbeknownst to them the contract was a secret geas by the church, who wrote the magna carta, in order to prevent either side from ever again interferring with them. However he is the most famous association with it and so this noble phantasm is forever part of his legend.

It is a noble phantasm with no passive ability. Rather it can only be true name invoked. When it is it forms a document and quill. The document clearly explains its purpose; to restrain the servants that sign it in exchange for granting power. The restraints being 'Conditions' written and that any who are in front of it may add conditions before signing.

He must write 'conditions' on the document, at a minimum of two conditions. Once he is finished the document then displaces itself to another servant along with the quill. That servant may also add conditions to the document after which they must sign it. Otherwise the conditions are erased. They can simply refuse to interact and be exempt from this noble phantasm.

This process repeats until it returns to him whereupon he may add further conditions or subtract them. If he does so then it begins a new round of displacing to servants for revisions. If he is satisfied however he may sign his own name to it. Once he does the noble phantasm dissipates and the effects of the document take hold on each servant. They become restricted by the 'conditions'.

However in exchange each servant gains a rank to their parameters for every two conditions on the Magna Carta and a rank to their skills for every four. Further if ten conditions are on it then they gain a plus modifier to their parameters. It is, in a sense, a powerful strengthening noble phantasm. However there is a special power reserved for him exclusively not mentioned in the document.

He can willfully break the restrictions on the Magna Carta. Should he do so then his enemy may as well but they lose bonuses dependent on how the tallies add up. For example if he'd be compliant with seven of eight conditions then not only does he rank down once in parameters but also skills. Likewise going to nine from ten results in a rank down of parameters as well as a loss of his plus modifier.

The one downside to this beyond aiding enemies as well is that it is mana intensive to upkeep. In essence it would require the servant to have Self-Replenishment (Mana) at A rank to sustain for a long time. With an average master he can only sustain this noble phantasm for half a day if he restrains his fighting to one bout.

Hmmm... conditions are good... only two servants too... these conditions... are ideal! Then release, Magna Carta!

Ceremonial Sword of Mercy, I draw you now for peace of mind. Reign supreme...
    Curtana!

Type
    Anti-Army

Rank
    C

A crystallization of the mystery surrounding one item amongst the crown jewels of britain. Specifically the sword of mercy, curtana. Passed down ever since it was made, while not explicitly his he no doubt inherited it as King of England. In fact it was among the lost and eventually recovered crown jewels that he lost on his retreat from the front when he got sick. Normally not an offensive noble phantasm it is tainted by his Distortion skill and Avenger status and has gained an offensive edge to itself.

Passively it is simply a D-rank armament that cannot break without greater rituals or high thaumaturgy from a powerful source, like a legendary caster servant from the Age of Gods.

However its true role shines through whenever he utilizes its true name. It accumulates emotional, mental, spiritual, and physical pain that he endures and records it. Then when he invokes its true name this accumulated pain is displaced onto the swords blade and manifest as pure, black flames. He can send these flames as a great wave of fire or thrust them forward like the breath of a dragon. These flames utilizing only the pain he has accumulated through his life are equivalent to a D-rank noble phantasm. It effectively gains a rank for every four week he is manifested.

The only weakness of this noble phantasm is that unlike the normal Curtana it cannot actually heal injuries and merely displace pain, meaning that if he is injured when this noble phantasm is used then only the pain leaves and not the injuries.

My secret weapon... you should have prepared better! Ceremonial Sword I draw you for peace of mind. Reign supreme, Curtana!

AN
    I've had this guy on the backburner a bit. I got an interesting idea for a version of John of England that's split between his Prince and King counterparts. Then I saw Dmitri from three houses and got inspired to make this sheet. I originally was going to make him a Saber/Avenger but I think this just works way, way better for a servant
    Rookie Lorekeeper, Amateur Extraordinaire, and all around nasunoob.

Blog Entries

Source: Rothana on ArtStation

Class: Archer
    Other Classes: Caster
    True Name: Nia Ngao Zhua Pa
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Place of Origin: Hmong Mythology

Parameters:

STR: B
    END: B
    AGI: D
    LCK: D
    NP: A

Height: 176cm
    Weight: 158lbs
    Dislikes: Mess, people who lie about her
    Talent: Shooting lightning
    Natural Enemy: Salome
    Attribute: Earth
    Traits: Draconic, Female, Weak to Enuma Elish, Humanoid
    Armament: A weaving shuttle
    Catalyst: An ancient weaving shuttle, covered in scorch marks

Class Skills:

Independent Action A: As a dragon's daughter from the Age of Gods, she naturally has a high rank of this skill, causing her to be able to stay in the world for up to two days without a master.

Magic Resistance A: She naturally repels magic. At this rank, almost any spell that can be cast by a modern Magus can be completely shrugged off by her.

Personal Skills:

Morph (Buffalo) A: The capability to transform into a twelve-horned buffalo. As she was so skillful at it to be able to teach it to someone, and for the taught skill to be able to clash with a True Dragon, she gains this skill at a very high rank. However, she prefers not to use it herself, instead teaching it to others.

Draconic Heritage B: As the daughter of a dragon, she gains this skill at a B rank, which grants her the ability to walk on air and the capability to utilize a Dragon Breath. Her attribute is lightning, naturally. In addition, as her second lover was a dragon, this also grants her a constant Charm effect against draconic enemies.

Building A House A: The sublimation of her producing food and a house out of thin air. This allows her to create a Bounded Field that constantly supplies her and her allies with mana. In addition, it doesn't require time or materials to do, although it does require an original investment of her mana. She often uses this to build many safe spots in likely areas, so she can slip into one whenever she needs to.

Noble Phantasm(s):

She Is Weaving
    Call Of Lightning

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 10 meters
    Max Targets: 10 targets

The only "arrow" that she is capable of using, and the sublimation of her most famous use of her weaving shuttle. When invoked, a small segment of the thread rises out of the shuttle, transforming into a lightning bolt and launching itself forward. It has remarkably low power for its rank, but in exchange has a mana cost that is miniscule, allowing it to be used often. She adores using this, as it is her favorite tool.

Lore: Nia Ngao Zhua Pa was the daughter of a dragon. She fell in love with a man named Ya Por. But her father objected. So she taught Ya Por how to change into a twelve-horned buffalo to be able to wrestle her father and prove his strength. He succeeded, and they were wed. But his house was entirely dirty and destroyed, so she built a new one for him, and created a mountain of food. However, then, a woman named Nia Ngao Kou Kau convinced Ya Por that Zhua Pa drank sheep's blood, and he kicked her out. So she left, divorced him, and a dragon fell in love with her. So she married him, and they lived happily for a time. However, then, Ya Por decided to take Zhua Pa back, having to face down and defeat her very angry father first. He does, and then arrives at her new home under a lake. So she asks him to grab her from her flying horse, and she'll be his forever. So he sets out tubs of water, and then tries to grab at the reflection. Then he finally realizes to actually grab at the sky and cling on to Zhua Pa. The dragon chases down the two, trying to catch them. So Zhua Pa shoots lightning out of her weaving shuttle, stopping them, and allowing her and Ya Por to escape and live happily ever after.

Personality: She is helpful and kind, but extremely confused by a lot of the other servants. Every time she turns a corner, she runs into someone new who she is completely shocked by for one reason or another, whether it be them randomly being a dragon, them claiming to be a dragon slayer, controlling electricity.... However, she tries to get through her confusion as soon as she can, to more easily help them with anything they need.

Relationships:

Elizabeth Bathory: "Who... are you? And why... do you seem to be a dragon?"

Siegfried: "A dragon-slayer? Really? You're far too weak to even have a chance."

Sasaki Kojiro: "As easy as chopping down a swallow, huh? I don't think I'd love to face you down."

Kiyohime: "You changed into a dragon due to... rage? How does that even work?"

Tesla: "Bringing lightning from the realm of gods to that of humans, huh? As much as I am angry, I'm also very impressed."

Servant: Rider/Caster
    True Name: Wright Brothers
    Aliases: Wilbur & Orville Wright, Will and Orv, The Bishop's Boys

Parameters:
    Strength: E
    Endurance: D
    Agility: B
    Mana: C
    Luck: A
    Noble Phantasm: EX

Class Skills:
    Class Skills:
    Magic Resistance B :
    As modern Heroic Spirits, they would usually be unable to cancel magical energy. However, due to the Inherent Wisdom Skill, this has been allowed.

Riding A+ :
    Class Skill of Rider and Saber class Servants, denoting the ability to ride mounts and vehicles. Rider-class Servants will typically possess a high rank. It is said that dragon type mounts are an exception, requiring a different ability other than Riding. At A Rank, all vehicles and all creatures but those of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast-rank can be used as mounts. This rank is high enough to have an aptitude for the Rider Class. When it comes to flying vehicles, as the premier pioneers of the field, they have a special advantage.

An analysis in 1985 by Professor Fred E.C. Culick and Henry R. Jex demonstrated that the 1903 Wright Flyer was so unstable as to be almost unmanageable by anyone but the Wrights, who had trained themselves in the 1902 glider. In a recreation attempt on the event's 100th anniversary on December 17, 2003, Kevin Kochersberger, piloting an exact replica, failed in his effort to match the success that the Wright brothers had achieved with their piloting skill.

Item Construction (False) B+ :
    A Skill that acts as an equivalent of Item Construction due to the user's lack of magus aptitude. Has been boosted by the Inherent Wisdom Skill.

The brothers are not magi, but their ability to create is by no means insufficient. The first man-made wind tunnel, a catapult system to launch in assistance with takeoff, the first working three-axis system, the very frames of their glider and then Flyers, the engine pivotally lightweight and powerful enough, all of these things they had a hand in construction from conception to completion. After gathering sufficient information surrounding the “questions” of the item to be constructed, given enough time to experiment, they are capable of working wonders. Due to their creations often appearing to be rather shabbily put-together junk at first glance, it’s common for them to be
    underestimated
    uncrowned
    until activated.

Territory Creation B :
    A Caster-class Skill. It is the Skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus, such as for the purpose of collecting mana.

At B Rank, creation of a "Workshop" becomes possible.

The workshop of the Wright Brothers, strangely not all-too-dissimilar to a Magus’, is where they performed all the construction and experimentation for their flying machine, itself their own creation at the Kill Devil Fields near Kitty Hawk. While not the most famous of the two, they did so again at the Huffman Prairie field for their development of the Wright Flyer III, the first practical aeroplane. Once in place, there is little doubt a hangar will soon be added to it. You cannot take the dream of flight out of the brothers.

Personal Skills:
    Personal Skills:
    Aerodynamics (Aviation) B :
    A Skill that denotes the user’s comprehension of what it is to fly. More than just knowledge, like an instinct they intimately understand the very essence of flight. Taking the powers of avians for themselves. As a result, they particularly excel at in-flight maneuvers by manipulating nearby air currents. It is possible to resist wind-based mysteries through this Skill. At this rank, temporary unassisted flight can be achieved.

The premier pioneers and provers of aviation, the discoverers and repairers of inconsistencies that held development of a flying machine back, the brothers have an intimate understanding of what it means to fly. The culmination of lifetimes of research, to finally stretch out one’s hand and touch the sky even if they could not be the ones to lead humanity beyond it.

…though there were a fair number of bumpy landings along the way.

Double Class C :
    A Skill given to Servants that are the result of being fused from two different classed Servants.

Not merely pilots, but the very inventors of their vehicle of fame, and major contributors to the aeronautical field. Wilbur was the leader, the one who began their journey into the sky. His intellect drafted the machine they built together, observed from nature the way to fly, and re-derived the equations using never-before collected data on flight. Orville, equally bright, was the more skilled pilot. Almost naturally born for the role, his instincts helped provide insights for visualizing what the essence of human flight would be.

The Wright Brothers together possess Class Skills from both the Rider and Caster Classes.

Inherent Wisdom A :
    A Skill that shows one who has unparalleled natural knowledge. At this Rank it allows the use of most Skills, excluding those inherent to the body (such as Divinity) or ones unique to particular heroes, at a proficiency of B Rank.

The laws of nature are the inspiration of development. In order to finally achieve the flight they sought, a complete understanding of the laws of
    avians
    flight
    was required. These two, who accomplished the impossible, were able to decipher the process by which humans would be allowed to fly.

Ascending and Grasping the Heavens – Innovation A :
    Innovation is a special Skill granted to heroes who brought about revolutions in their eras. This is the version of Innovation possessed by the Wright Brothers. Due to their rebellion against the rule of the heavens, the effects of Divinity are resisted and divine Authorities over the heavens are audaciously dismissed. It is an anti-mystery Skill anathema to Servants whose domain is in the heavens.

They delivered sovereignty over the heavens to mankind. The two brothers led the revolution of humanity’s ascension to the place of the gods. Through technology the planet is now truly and completely the realm of humanity. There is no place for the divine to walk in a
    texture
    world
    completely ruled by humans.

Pioneer of the Stars EX :
    The unique Skill given to heroes that became turning points in human history. All difficult voyages and challenges which are considered "impossible" turn into "events that can be realized".

Humans do not have the ability to fly. It is an inviolable law of nature. However, the Wright Brothers built the airplane: the vehicle by which humanity ascends into the heavens. The brothers’ elevated the civilization of the entire world. Humans could finally touch the unreachable, and begin conquering the very realm of the gods. The “flying problem” was the gate to heaven, and the Wright Brothers created the key that opened it. Now, humans rule the skies and stretch out into the cosmos. Did you not know? The surface of Mars bears their name.

Noble Phantasms:
    We all dream to fly!
    Wright Flyer
    Legend of Mankind – Wings of Humanity

Type: Unknown
    Range: 100~???
    Maximum Targets: ???
    In 1903 the brothers built the powered Wright Flyer, constructed by their own hands of spruce, unbleached muslin fabric (“Pride of the West”), wooden propellers, a custom lightweight gasoline engine, and heavy-duty automobile drive chains. Altogether $1,000 ($30,000 today), merely 2% of the $50,000 ($1,500,000 today) budget for Samuel Langley’s failed Great Aerodrome. The Wright Flyer II, and Wright Flyer III followed soon enough afterwards, the last being the very first practical airplane.

The dream of flight, the eternal ambition of humanity to stretch further higher, to reach their hands into the heavens. The shape of this dream was always mutable.

It’s a vehicle that must be constructed. It can take any desired shape and be modified with any functionality on the condition that the brothers can figure out how. Designed to be greater: to fly further, to fly faster, to bring humanity even further beyond the limits. They were never satisfied with just one airplane, and they will never be satisfied with the current limits of mankind’s aeronautical exploits. Higher. Humanity can always go higher. There is no limit to the ultimate heights that all people dream of. That is the true essence of their legend, of their life’s work, to be the wings that take humanity into the realm of the gods and claim it for their own. Into the sky, into the stars, unbound by the limits of their birth planet and into the endless reaches of the cosmos. Forever and always, where humans dream to fly is merely their next frontier.

Orville: “Once we finish the Wright Flyer X-02X, nothing will be able to stand in our way.” / Wilbur: “Wright Flyer IV.” / Orville: “No way, that’s too boring. Right,
    Master
    Rookie
    ?”

Personality and Tidbits:
    Personality and Tidbits:
    Both Wilbur and Orville were life-long bachelors. Wilbur once quipped that he 'did not have time for both a wife and an airplane'. The two of them look up to Otto Lilienthal more than any other pioneer of flying.

After being struck in the face by a hockey stick and losing his front teeth, Wilbur became withdrawn and became a good attendant and householder; and well-learned. Wilbur exercised his authority as elder brother and was the tester for their early gliders to protect Orville. Somewhat of a professor type. He deeply regrets that the last years of his life were dedicated to legal battling, for it had stunted their ability to run additional experiments and tests of development for future flying machines.

"A short life, full of consequences. An unfailing intellect, imperturbable temper, great self-reliance and as great modesty, seeing the right clearly, pursuing it steadfastly, he lived and died." –Milton Wright about Wilbur Wright

Orville is a troublemaker, having gotten into mischief ever since he was in elementary school, and was once expelled.

After being severely injured in a crash, Orville was visited in the hospital by a friend who asked, "Has it got your nerve?" "Nerve?" repeated Orville, slightly puzzled. "Oh, do you mean will I be afraid to fly again? The only thing I'm afraid of is that I can't get well soon enough to finish those tests next year."

Wilbur and Orville devised slightly different flight controls in the Model A airplanes they flew separately in France and the United States for their 1908 and 1909 public demonstrations. The Smithsonian's National Air and Space Museum refers to "The Wilbur Method" and "The Orville Method". In Wilbur's method, the roll and yaw controls were combined on the same lever at the pilot's right hand. A forward-backward movement controlled the rudder, while a sideways or left-and-right motion controlled wing-warping. In the Orville Method, moving the stick controlled wing-warping, while a knob atop the stick controlled the rudder. In both methods the left-hand lever operated the forward elevator to control pitch. Wilbur trained French and Italian pilots using his method, and Orville trained German pilots while in Germany in 1909 for the Wright GmbH as well as American pilots at the Wright Company flight school using his method.

“We dared to hope we had invented something that would bring lasting peace to the earth. But we were wrong ... No, I don't have any regrets about my part in the invention of the airplane, though no one could deplore more than I do the destruction it has caused. I feel about the airplane much the same as I do in regard to fire. That is, I regret all the terrible damage caused by fire, but I think it is good for the human race that someone discovered how to start fires and that we have learned how to put fire to thousands of important uses.” –Orville Wright on the destruction caused by WWII bombers.

The Wright brothers always presented a unified image to the public, sharing equally in the credit for their invention. Biographers note that Wilbur took the initiative in 1899–1900, writing of "my" machine and "my" plans before Orville became deeply involved when the first person singular became the plural "we" and "our". Author James Tobin asserts, "it is impossible to imagine Orville, bright as he was, supplying the driving force that started their work and kept it going from the back room of a store in Ohio to conferences with capitalists, presidents, and kings. Will did that. He was the leader, from the beginning to the end."

Relationships
    Relationships:
    Flight-capable Servants:
    Orville: “Oooo. Will, do you think they’d be up for a race?” / Wilbur: “A race? This isn’t even glide-worthy yet. But… a race does sound like fun…” / Orville: “I’m gonna go ask them, you can catch up later!” / Wilbur: “H-hey! Don’t leave me out!”

Leonardo Da Vinci
    Orville: “Uooomo Universale!” / Wilbur: “Orville, please, we talked about making good first impressions. Sir Da Vinci could completely revolutionize our next creation!”

Nikola Tesla
    Wilbur: “The genius Mr. Tesla himself!” / Orville: “Hey Will, can’t electricity be used to fuel planes?” / Wilbur: “Of course-… Orv, bring out the schematics.” / Orville: “Oh, you’re fired up!”

Okita Souji
    Wilbur: “Oh, tuberculosis. I know the struggle well. Don’t be too proud to ask for assistance.” / Orville: “Will knows how to take care of things.”

Takasugi Shinsaku:
    Wilbur: “Look out, Orville. That one wouldn’t hesitate to take our work.” / Orville: “Don’t worry, Will. He gives me the creeps. I wouldn’t even show him a baseline sketch.”

Thomas Edison:
    Orville: “Oh, the King of Inventors! Hey, hey, can you improve this plane? Can you?” / Wilbur: “O-Orville, wait, that design is still a valuable secret prototype! (Sighs)”

Creator's Notes
    I saw someone make a dude who hated they Wright Brothers, so I figured I should share my version of the Wright Brothers. I hope you all enjoyed!

Last edited by Zephrame; June 16th, 2022 at 06:17 PM.

Blog Entries

Source: Naru Kim

Other Classes: Caster
    True Name: Bedrich Smetana
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Place of Origin: Czech Republic (19th century)

Parameters:

STR: D
    END: D
    AGI: D
    LCK: C
    NP: C

Height: 171cm
    Weight: 154lbs
    Dislikes: Traitors to the Czech Republic
    Talent: Composing nationalistic tunes
    Natural Enemy: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
    Traits: Male, Humanoid, Weak to Enuma Elish
    Armament: N/A
    Catalyst: The manuscrilpts to The Bartered Bride, Viola, or Ma Vlast

Class Skills:
    Madness Enhancement B+: All of his parameters rank up, but most of his sanity is gone. In life, he went gradually insane, starting during the time period he has been summoned from. If the topic of "That man", who he is extremely conflicted about, is brought up, this will undertake a sudden surge up.

Personal Skills:

Unfinished Work B: A skill granted to him due to his unfinished opera, Viola. A skill only granted due to him being at the "zenith" but also the "nadir" of his life, this would completely vanish if he were to be summoned as Caster. This allows him to create "unfinished spells", in essense utilizing his standard pieces as far overcharged Broken Phantasms, sealing them in exchange for that one powerful hit.
    Nationalistic Music B+: The sublimation of his consistently nationalistic style of music. Oddly enough, as a Berserker, it reached its zenith. This allows him to utilize a form of magical music that controls the natural world around him. The closer the world is to his homeland, the more powerful his magic is.
    Flaw (Deafness) B: He went completely deaf in life, and as such gains this skill, which prevents him from hearing any shape or form of sound. This can be a benefit or a disadvantage, though for him it is usually a negative as he wants to hear the music that nature makes.

Noble Phantasm(s):

Ma Vlast
    My Fatherland

Type: Reality Marble
    Range: 150meters
    Max Targets: N/A

This noble phantasm is the sublimation of his most famous piece, Ma Vlast. It manifests as a Reality Marble, something Smetana, as a berserker with no magic experience, normally would never be able to create. However, this is, in reality, closer to a reality marble of the Czech people, granted to Berserker, who was the pioneer of Czech national music. Incidentally, if he was summoned as Caster, instead he would have the sublimation of his second-most-famous work, The Bartered Bride.

When invoked, the area around becomes covered in an idealized depiction of Bohemia. A castle high above on a mountain, along with a beautiful river, a huge forest, and many villages. This passively weakens the will to fight of anyone within, causing them to more want to enjoy the scenery. In addition, within here, he gains a fame boost equal to being summoned in his native Czech Republic. Thirdly, he can control the world within the marble.

This also holds one last trump card: if he reaches an emergency where he has no other way, he will call out the name of the noble phantasm once again, shattering the mountain to reveal an army of soldiers led by St. Wencesles, who wake up and attack his enemies. Naturally, Wencesles is far weaker then he would be as a Heroic Spirit, merely a Wraith, but he and his army are easily capable of defeating a Heroic Spirit. However, this also shatters Ma Vlast and seals it permanantly, so he will refuse to use it.

Lore: Bedrich Smetana was a Czech composer who was regarded as the "father of Czech Music". He is most well known for his two most famous compositions, the opera "The Bartered Bride" and the set of symphonic poems known as "Ma Vlast". His first performance was when he was 6 years old. He left Prague for six years, but returned home after achieving hope that his pieces would be great. Near the end of his life, his sanity deteriorated, likely due to syphilis.

Personality: This Smetana has been summoned from the end of his life, both when he achieved his most fame but also when he snapped. Thus, his personality is paranoid and haughty, believing himself above everyone else, and as such believing everyone wants to destroy him for being so great. However, he does deeply care about the Czech people.

His feelings about Dvorak are mixed. On one hand, he feels that he would be one of the only people to not destroy him for being so great, for Dvorak aided him several times. On the other hand, he feels that he did betray him, and took all his glory. So if his topic is ever brought up, he will fly into a rage against anyone who discusses it.

Relationships:

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: "Pathetically old-fashioned. Oh, and don't think I didn't see you plotting with your angels to steal all my glory!"

William Shakespeare: "Almost as gifted as me, though too cruel for my taste. But I know you're plotting against me."

Salieri: "Oh, you poor composer. Mozart's legend consumed you? I doubt you're plotting against me, but just in case, don't. Would you like to collaborate on a composition at some point? That might help you."

Altera: "What....what are you? Although it doesn't matter, for I am far greater then you."

Romulus-Quirinus: "No, I am not Roman. I am Czech, and proud of it!"

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Has anyone recently made/plan to make Hammurabi as a Sheet?

I am interested in him but I realized that I can't motivate myself to learn about the culture and time period, want to see someone's take on him.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Has anyone recently made/plan to make Hammurabi as a Sheet?

I am interested in him but I realized that I can't motivate myself to learn about the culture and time period, want to see someone's take on him.
    https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...=1#post3078733

https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...=1#post2713328

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Thanks!

Saber of the
    Dubious Truth
    First Weapons

Hello, Master of mine. I am the Servant of the Sword, said to be the most powerful Class. And, I assure you, no matter the Class, that title is correct for me. The queston, however, is whether you are strong enough to accompany me. I would prefer if that was the case, but, if not, then we will need to change that.

"

⋆ ˚。୨୧˚•·.·'.·:*¨¨* ≈✦≈ *¨¨*:·.'·.·•˚୨୧。˚ ⋆

≪•'*•..•*Basic Information*•..•*'•≫

Class
    Saber
    Alternative Classes
    Archer, Lancer, Rider, Assassin, Caster, Berserker
    True Name
    Chi You
    Origin
    Ancient China
    Height/Weight
    179cm/70kg
    Alignment
    Chaotic Neutral
    Dislikes
    Weak people, Peace
    Natural Enemy
    The Yellow Emperor, Beowulf
    Talents
    Warring, creating weapons

Parameters:

STR END AGI MAN LCK NP
    A+ B+ B+ B C A++

So, what do you think of my parameters, Master? I would say they are fine, even if they could be better.

≪•'*•..•*Class Skills*•..•*'•≫Magic Resistance: B+

Saber lived in the Age of Gods, so, of course, she has a high rank in this skill. It's not as high as it could be, however, because Saber mostly fought against human warriors, even if mystical creatures were common-place among her ranks. When it comes to elemental Magecraft, however, she is nigh-immune to all but the most powerful spells.

"Magic Resistance, huh? Well, I imagine I was pretty good at resisting magic in life."

Riding: C++

Saber is actually not that good at riding the likes of horses, and profoundly refuses to use chariots. She, however, is capable of flawlessly riding most Phantasmal Beasts, though she is limited when it comes to members of the dragonkind.

In life, Saber's army was mainly composed of humans, but she still fought along giants, evil spirits and every sort of Phantasmal Beast. As such, this skill is higher than one would expect.

"Please. Do not ask about the chariot part. We also do not have Phantasmal Beasts here, so this skill probably will not be very useful."

≪•'*•..•*Personal Skills*•..•*'•≫War God: A++

A skill reserved for those known as gods of war, Saber gains a high rank in this skill due to being not only one of the first to have such a title, but also due to being the creator of the very first weapons.

It grants not only a high rank of Divinity, but also skills related to warfare, such as Eye of the Mind (True), Battle Continuation, Military Tactics and Eternal Arms Mastery, all at a high rank.

In Saber's case, the "++" modifier is because of her second Noble Phantasm.

"I am the Chinese God of War, who created wars and the very concept of strength. Or, at least, I probably am."

Self-Replenishment (Mana): B

There was the anecdote that "Saber eats only stones and pebbles". The truth, however, is that Saber absorbs magical energy from the earth at a small amount every turn. She can literally eat stones and gain energy through that, but prefers not to, saying that it tastes horribly.

"Self-Replenishment? That is useful. I believe I also will not need to eat stones, Master, unless I use too much mana. I hope that does not happen."

Presence of Fear: B

Saber was known as the most fearsome person in her country, being seen as a demon who destroyed everything she saw, and was even used as propaganda by her main enemy. Due to this, Saber exudes an aura around her that terrifies those that see her. This is a mental effect, and, as such, bypasses Skills such as Magic Resistance, though Skills like Single-Mindedness or even just having high mental endurance can resist it.

This Skill's rank would normally be A, but Saber willingly decreased it, in exchange for being capable of suppressing it when necessary.

"Please, do not fret. I guess this skill might be useful, though it affects everyone, sadly. At least I can supress it."

≪•'*•..•*Noble Phantasms*•..•*'•≫
    Tiějiŕng zhī fů
    The First Tools of Slaying

E~A

Creation

Saber is known as "The First Blacksmith", of which all others originate from, the one who created "the first sword", "the first bow" and who knows what else. She is the one who revolutionized combat and wars, the one first learned how to harness metal for the purpose of slaying.

Due to this, Saber is capable of creating any weapon using magical energy, and, after created, they will continue to exist until destroyed. Due to being the created by the first blacksmith, they suffer no conceptual degradation, though their quality is proportional to the amount of mana poured into them, going from the E rank up to the A rank. The weapons take at least a minute to be created, but this time will increase depending on their quality. Additionally, Saber is capable of "desummoning" the weapons for storaging, making them reappear when necessary.

Due to Saber being capable of "creating any weapon", even firearms and conceptual weaponry aren't beyond her, but she refuses to create them, and, when asked, she will rapidly change the topic.

"As the first one to hold onto weapons, I am also the one capable of creating all of them... This has potential... Tell me, Master, do you know how to use a spear?"

And Thus Chi You
    Creator of Weapons, Father of Countries, God of War

EX

Anti-Unit (Self)

The "true self" of Saber, it is her as the god of war who razed China, until stopped by the Yellow Emperor. A monster with a metallic and bull-like head, with six arms and four eyes. It is Saber at her closest to her Divine Spirit self, a being made purely for warring.

When this Noble Phantasm is activated, Saber is capable of changing her appearance in a manner that befits her legend. From creating extra arms to use more weapons, to creating eyes to augment her view field, or even transform her body to metal to resist attacks, the only requirement is that it needs to be related to her legend.

Additionally, her God of War skill triples in power, with her Divinity getting to the closest point a human can achieve, and her STR, END and AGL parameters double. The biggest problem, however, is that this Noble Phantasm consumes an astounding amount of mana, making it hard to use in most circumstances.

"A Noble Phantasm that allows me to become something that I probably was not? That is useful, though I am not sure I like the idea of using lies to further my strength. But, if it is the only option, I guess I will use it."

God Force Origin
    The Original Weapons

A++

Creation, Anti-Humanity

Before weapons were common-place among humans, they used whatever they had at hand. Be it stones, stick, fire or whatever else, they weren't as lethal as real weapons. This all changed when Chi You came. He who was known as the "God of War", a demon who killed everything he saw, he was the one who finally advanced warring in a way that made killing efficient.

This Noble Phantasm is the crystallization of such a thing, the "Original Weapons":

The Original Sword.
    The Original Halberd.
    The Original War Axe.
    The Original Bow.
    The Original Chains.
    The Original Shield.

It allows the summoning of this weapons that contain no name nor legend. They are as effective as possible when it comes to their original purpose of slaying, making armor all but useless. The weapons, however, hold no special effects other than extra damage towards humans, though that doesn't matter, as even the Sword of Promised Victory doesn't come close to the sharpness of these nameless weapons.

Saber holds great pride when it comes to then, and, even though their mana cost isn't that high, Saber refuses to use them unless she is against someone she considers as strong, if not stronger than herself.

"My first weapons, the ones that allowed me to make a mark upon history... Yes, they are precious things... I wonder how I created them..."

≪•'*•..•*Personality and Relationships*•..•*'•≫

Personality: Saber is a rigorous woman who only appears to feel comfortable when fighting. She holds her head high, being prideful and considering herself the strongest or - in case she has to run away - a failure.

This does not mean she holds contempt for those incapable of fighting, however. In truth, she respects them more than anyone else. Her concept of "strength" and "weakness" is not about fighting capability, but courage. What she hates is those who run away or give up, instead of fighting with all their might.

For her an ideal Master would be someone who isn't afraid of fighting for their ideals, someone who knows what they want and will do whatever is necessary to acquire that.

In regards to the modern era, she finds it extremely interesting, specially because her defeat came due to "modern technology" (a chariot with a compass), and, as such, will want access to the internet if possible, and try to modernize herself as much as possible, though she will still refuse to use guns. When it comes to modern society, she doesn't really care, saying that "I'm already dead, so I can't judge you", though those standards don't apply for the ones involved in the War.

Her feelings when it comes to fights and wars are complicated. On one hand, she only truly feels comfortable when she is fighting or plotting fights. On the other hand, however, she can't say she feels "enjoyment" out of fighting, nor of killing. This is simply because of her nature: she is (or at least believes herself to be) made for fighting, but has never understood why she was made for fighting, and, as such, feels "disconnected" of herself both when she's doing what she's supposed to and when she's not.

Relationships:

The Yellow Emperor: The only one to have defeated me... I wonder, how strong were you, and could I defeat you alone?

Qin Shi Huang: Heh, you worshiped me in life? I guess I am honored.

Gilgamesh: King of Heroes who held every object in existance in his vault... If you held everything, can you find my weapons? And you seem to believe yourself to be the strongest, huh? So, do you want to fight? Because I guarantee to you, I would win.

Jason: You who did everything you could to achieve your utopia, no matter how cowardly you were... You disgust me.

Iskandar: King of Conquerors who never stopped until your body was forced to stop... Heh, you are a brave man!

≪•'*•..•*Lore and Background*•..•*'•≫Saber is Chi You, one of the three founders of China, a quasi-mythological warrior who was said to be the creator of the first weapons, who was said to have 81 brothers, who was said to have battled the Yellow Emperor ten times and to have won the first nine confrontations. A being who had knowledge of warfare and mysticism in equal measure, the God of War who was defeated only by the union of three gods, and, to this day, his actions have had an effect on the surface of the planet.

At least, that is who Chi You was said to be. In truth, she doesn't remember it. Saber, or, more accurately, Chi You, has no memory of who she was and what she did, besides "she is Chi You" and a few flashes. She is sure that she fought against the Yellow Emperor, and pretty certain that she created weapons and killed people, but that's about it.

Is it caused by the plethora of legends about her, to the point that not even her can be sure about her life? Is it simply because Chi You never existed? Is it because the true Chi You is not remembered by history, and so her Heroic Spirit form has been affected by it? Is the truth something far worse? If someone knows, that someone is not Chi You.

One of the only hints that she has to her true identity is her Origin - or at least it could become a hint, if she was aware of it - being that of "Warring", a desire to never stop fighting, even to the point of her not being capable of "relaxing" when not fighting, and only feeling peace when in combat, even if she does not enjoy it.

Her wish for the Grail is a relatively simple one: to remember who she is and divulge that to Humanity, to remove the legends about her and leave only the truth, to finally be able to have an identity.

Notes
    So, second sheet, I guess, uhu! It was pretty fun to create it, though finding one of the books that I used as research was surprisingly hard. It is definitely more... Let's say "intricate" than my first sheet, though I'm still not totally confident on my prose style. I'm naturally very rambly, English is a weird language and I was trying to imitate the normal Fate style, which tends to be a little rambly as well. Hope it's good, and would be thankful for any criticism. Thanks in advance. Also, the source for the faceclaim is https://wallpapercrafter.com/131525-...digital-a.html. I found it by researching "black hair red eyes anime girl" and have absolutely no idea who she is. Also also, thanks, DelRey, for helping me both on the "collapse3" thingy and on formatting in general with your post about it

Blog Entries
    Formatting is fine, Riding sounds more like A- or B-, pls don't force a quote after every skill and especially not after the parameters because it adds literally nothing if you dont have enough experience to form a character around them, ancient chinese demon war god sheet - thin raven school girl in european castle faceclaim. overall, skills and NP miss a bit of oomph expected for a Servant of their calibre and this vague background who she is does not really help here.

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Huh, that was unnecessarily harsh critique even for you, especially since this is a first sheet.

That said, I think it is a perfectly fine and cute addition the Chi You multiverse started by a certain Daneel Rush. The tie in with Lu Bu's God Force Noble Phantasm is really well done too.
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

Blog Entries
    Looking back to the "jishara posting spree incident" and previous posts, I just want to say something about what I feel to be the "somewhat competitive atmosphere" and "high entry barrier" of CaS posting. I think most would agree that CaS is just simple hobby, and that there's no need to be competitive or really any incentive to be "good at writing a Servant", maybe with the exception of concerning one of the contests. That said, please do not bring that sense of competitiveness here at the main CaS thread, we all just want to have our own fun here.

What I want to say is, there's no need to be mean over someone posting what you perceive as "low-quality" sheets lol
    Last edited by Kamera; June 20th, 2022 at 02:46 PM.
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I did feel the pressure from some of the lastest servants and felt just a bit inadequate. But yeah this a simple hobby and there is no need for it to drive me up the wall.