Page 458 of 621 FirstFirst ... 358408448453456457458459460463468508558 ... LastLast
Results 9,141 to 9,160 of 12409

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I see, yeah the bit about the Village in South America kind weird me out since how is it that a member of the Hassashins make it there in the first place like I don't they last into the age of exploration

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle TQG Imaginatorious's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The sheer impossibility of someone from the middle East making it to South America in that age of all thing is the one that breaks my suspension of disbelief from this sheet. And I'm a TM fan so that should be saying something.

Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    Caster: what a nice coincidence considering the sheet prior. TC seems odd, because rather than making a territory, you imply a sort of blessing from the desert. NP is also a bit vague in what it does. Does he sweep the enemy with his divinity or does he do other stuff? One can see the interest in this person, it comes across. Nice job.
    Quote Originally Posted by TQG Imaginatorious View Post
    Santiago-Man does it feel weird not being the newest creator anymore (despite it being so for weeks now) but welcome! For a first servant, this is pretty good, the descriptions are not too long but still conveys your intended message. The TC seems iffy to me, are you going for he doesn't need a territory because he is the territory? And yes the NP's effects when the target is destined to lose is vague.
    His Territory Creation works like an effect on the battlefield, starting as an oasis at his feet and becoming a desert further out. The "winds and sun" portion lets him slightly change the conditions to be windier or warmer. I guess I just somehow skipped over what the actual ability allows him to do.

The NP, I'll admit, sounded a bit iffy when I wrote it down. I would say that his attack is like an explosion of mana against the enemy, but it needs to be setup for a couple days to bring out its full potential. Santiago's whole schtick is that he's able to see the future through omens and dreams, including "what if" scenarios in which plans go wrong or someone dies. He's not able to see all possibilities, but a good amount of them to know the chances of victory. If his master is able to gather enough information to create a plan that accommodates for weaknesses in the enemy, Caster will divine more of those "what if" scenarios in which they win. The NP takes these chances of winning and further these chances by releasing immense amounts of mana towards the enemy. To put it shortly, imagine Fate/Extra's gimmick of collecting information to properly counter attack as a Noble Phantasm. If the master knows nothing on the spot, then it's like spamming Attack for a single turn in Fate/Extra. It'll get a few hits in or very rarely land everything, but it's a lot more risky to do so.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm no stranger to making character sheets, but servants are a whole other beast.

Blog Entries
    Hassan: I like the picture you painted with the NP. It is basically a Foreigner sheet through other means if you think about it. But I agree with the rest that a travel to SA and back at their time is just too much. I am not knowledgable with the Hassans, but I assume its crystal skull? No way in hell Nasu won't use the legends of crystal skulls in pop culture not to his advantage in LB7. So why not just "she found a crystal skull and saw ORT in a dream" or something.
    In terms of regional mythology, the Persians believed the sky was made out of crystal. But thats all I can think of crystal related stuff from that region.
    Also, what a multicultural package. Middle-Eastern servant, connected to a south american monster, using a crystal girl based on buddhism.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Saber of the Iron Hand

Identity: Gotz von Berlichingen

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Armament(s): Longsword, Prosthetic Arm

Summoning Catalyst: A Copy of his autobiography, or the play named after him, written by Goethe

Servant Parameters
    Str:B
    End: B
    Agi: C
    Mana: D
    Luck: A
    NP: B+

History: Gotz springs from historical fact, born in Germany under the Holy Roman Empire in 1480, living until his death from old age in 1562. Beginning his foray into warfare in 1497, by 1500, he had formed his own mercenary company as an accomplished knight and warrior- a fact that did not change, when in 1504, he lost his right arm to cannon fire, Gotz designing, and subsequently commissioning, a prosthetic from a nearby blacksmith and saddlemaker. A second, more advanced arm was made later on, but this tool allowed Gotz to keep on fighting until 1544, retiring after aiding in the imperial invasion of France by Francis I.
    Aside from the obvious iron hand, Gotz was most well known for starting, and fighting in Feuds- Midscale conflicts between individual lords or landowners, settled not by duels, but by proper warfare. Gotz fought in 15 of these in his own name, not counting ones he fought in service of others- mostly against the Swabian League, an alliance of various imperial estates. He was also known for being dragged into leading conflicts and revolts due to his military prowess, such as the German Peasant's war in 1425.

Appearance: Gotz manifests in this class as a younger man seemingly in his later twenties, with tousled auburn hair, and an impressive pair of sideburns that track down his jawline to form mutton chops. Standing around 193 cm, Saber appears to look more like a biker than one of the last examples of knighthood he is often seen as. While he does wear a traditional set of armor, it's dark color, alongside the leather bomber jacket sporting patches representing his various conflicts, make it look as if he's wearing motorcycle leathers most of the time. Notably however, is of course his prosthetic right arm: while in life, the more advanced second prosthetic was considered as such due to it's ability to do things such as use reigns or a quill, in his manifestation it takes another form entirely. About double the outer width of his natural arm, the outward-facing surface over his wrist serves as a built-in shield. It continues backwards, revealing a small afterburner past his elbow, and the hand itself appears able to disconnect with a grappling or tow line- frankly, his arm is like a goddamn hotrod.

Personality: Simply put, Saber is the kind of man to purposely start a barfight, and then when he and everyone else are on the ground reeling, stand up, and buy everyone a round. A maverick to his core, Saber is amicably rowdy with a penchant for going against authority, and has a penchant for spite with a grand amount of determination behind him- often making proper alliances, or relationships with a master difficult. However, being level with him, and "telling it like it is", as he often does, is greatly appreciated by the servant, as bonds are one of the things he can greatly respect. In that, it's his own form of traditional chivalry in a way- while he doesn't tie himself down with rules and restrictions of his stuffier predecessors of legend, the code of knighthood is still there in some capacity, think a hero in a western.
    Additionally, Saber sports a silver tongue, evident in his class skills, and multiple occasions where he weaseled his way out of major sentences in court over the course of his life

Class Skills:
    Magic Resistance D: Cancels Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance of the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy. While Saber didn't accomplish anything specific in life that would suggest this skill, he possesses it at a low rank due to it being "something a knight should have", and thus, he carries on the tradition.

Riding B: Most vehicles and animals can be handled with above average skill, even vehicles that did not exist in the time period one was alive in, for they are no exception. However, cannot ride the likes of Phantasmal Species such as Monstrous Beasts. An accomplished mercenary, he rode and fought upon horses for most of his career, accounts of his prosthetic specifically noting its capability to grasp reins.

Personal Skills:
    Battle continuation C: A Skill that allows for the continuation of combat after sustaining mortal wounds. It will also reduce mortality rate from injury. This Skill represents the ability to survive and/or the mentality of one who doesn't know when to give up, consisting of one's strength of vitality in predicaments. Saber possesses it at C rank due to his life of warfare after an injury that would have destroyed the fighting careers of other men, as well as the period of two years or so where his exile took place, and he defended his castle and lands that were, by imperial law, free for the taking. Notably, a rank lower than it could be due to the fact that he died safe and peaceful at home, instead of in a blaze of glory or last stand like many others who possess the skill.

Charisma C: A composite Skill consisting of a person's charm as well as the natural talent to command or unify an army or country. Increases the ability of allies during group battles. While the distinction of B rank usually denotes the qualities of royalty, Saber possesses it as such due to his reputation for talking down the courts of the Holy Roman Empire on his offenses against them, as well as his distinction as a poet and legendary quote that became his noble phantasm, the reason he qualifies as a potential caster.

Feud-Starter A:
    A skill signature to Saber, allowing him great prowess in the ability to challenge opponents, especially groups of them. When the challenge is "accepted", it grants him a small amount ok knowledge about his opponents, and the pseudo-defensive situation it puts him in is his favored form of combat. In practice, it's quite akin to a wrestling promo.

Noble Phantasm(s):
    Der Eisener Hand B+: Saber overclocks the systems comprising his prosthetic, exponentially increasing it's power and capabilities for a short time. While it runs on mana, the effect is still distinctly non-magical, and thus it just barely lacks the required power output to reach the distinction of A rank, despite the raw durability.

Er kann meinen Arsch lecken- C+, A secondary noble phantasm natural to Gotz, where he can utilize his own sheer willpower in order to throw off orders, restrictions, spells, curses, and effects upon himself. A personal Rulebreaker, if you will- while it helps make up for his low degree of Magic Resistance, it makes a master's compatibility incredibly important, as if he is properly supplied with mana, it could potentially throw off the effects of a singular command seal.

Design Notes:
    - I've been thinking about this dude for a while- he came up as a saber candidate when I was thinking of servant ideas for a Fate fighting game- being the resident grappler, thanks to the Iron hand. Additionally, the rest of his sorta faction, as well as "rival" characters on the other team, are fairly straight-edge, so personality-wise, I think he bounces off them well.
    - In my mind, he manifests as middle-aged as a rider, which focuses on his aspect as a commander and cavalry fighter, and as an old man as a caster, which focuses on his writing. Both would possess a degree of territory creation in order to form a keep to defend. I like the idea that he manifests young as a saber, because youth is often equated to an adventurous spirit often associated with knighthood.
    - Design-wise, his armor being a dark grey or black, in addition to mimicking motorcycle leathers, is a nod to Guts from Berserk, who seems to be a nod to Gotz himself. No confirmation on the fact to my knowledge, but the similar names, as well as characteristics (Armored mercenary swordsman who has lost an arm and continues to survive against all conventional odds) are apparent.
    - On the arm specifically, I liked the idea of it being a mechanical weapon built like a chopper, A. to tie into the biker theme, since he embodies the spirit so well, and B. as a small nod to the fact that the Germans like to name tank stuff after him. Plus, as a classic Fate stretch, I think it fits in rather well with things like Da Vinci's gauntlet- while much less advanced in nature than her stuff, he was born about 10 years after her, and outlived her by over 40 years.
    Last edited by Vididii; July 2nd, 2022 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Formatting consistency, skill rank adjustment, image

Blog Entries
    Gotz von Berlichingen- It has a skeleton and meat, it's just I'm not sure about some of the "meats". Battle Continuation for example, as continuing to fight after losing a arm doesn't exactly seem bc material to me though the not giving up for two years thing does. Or charisma where I'm not sure your justification for its Rank is enough. I'm also surprised that his prosthetic limb is not a skill.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TQG Imaginatorious View Post
    Gotz von Berlichingen- It has a skeleton and meat, it's just I'm not sure about some of the "meats". Battle Continuation for example, as continuing to fight after losing a arm doesn't exactly seem bc material to me though the not giving up for two years thing does. Or charisma where I'm not sure your justification for its Rank is enough. I'm also surprised that his prosthetic limb is not a skill.
    This is great feedback, thank you on that, seriously
    -Battle Continuation: I Get where you're coming from on this- would definitely be willing to switch that around, I just kind of eyeballed it based off of Qin Liangyu's C+ rank description, "One does not know when to give up. Qin Liangyu can hold superiority in things such as keeping the morale of troops high not in a single battle, but in prolonged battles such as siege battles." and it seemed to fit with that as reference.
    -Charisma: Yeah, no, that's the one where I feel I pushed it a bit too much- do you think C or C+ would be more apt?
    -Iron Hand: I dunno- for me at least, it's an artifact with enough significance and presence in his tale to be kept in a museum, as well as make up his epithet- to me, I think it just kinda works? I guess that's not a great defense.

Blog Entries
    I feel C would be enough. Like Caesar is only C.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Usually A is for world-famous leaders, B is for those who ruled over kingdoms, and C for a relatively large but undefined group of allies. Anything below that is rare, but probably just someone who had a bunch of fans and an overall charismatic presence, but didn't really achieve much with them?

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    This Gotz von Berlichingen is actually pretty good, all things considered. As they said, it has meat and it has spirit... I can see you going places with this imagination of yours!

Other characters that were posted here are also so good?? Santiago took this *SIGHS* character of his FC and made something amazing with it. Same with Marie-Anne Lenormand.
    And of course, the Vampire Killer? WOW. Bloble came here ready to teach us youngsters how a sheet's done.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Vance's Avatar
    Hey, I need some advice. I'm almost finished with my first lostbelt (Enchanted Moura/Queen of Gold don't count) sheet and I'm starting to get apprehensive about it. Like "is this idea too bizarre?" type stuff. Basically the concept of it is one of the archangels being fused with Satan, not Lucifer, but suborned it by forcing it into its dragon incarnation rather than having to deal with a constant voice of temptation, causing them to gain the Distortion skill and multiclass in Berserker. I wonder if the idea is a bit out there.

Blog Entries
    Doesn't sound that out there for me personally from your description. How did the archangel fuse with Satan?

Uh, basically in the lostbelt. Everything in Heaven was forcefully bound to Earth within the texture, basically fusing the two "patches" (though I'm considering making it more than just two that were fused). This essentially caused Angels, who generally don't manifest with a physical body all that much, to fuse with the beings on Earth. Satan, who happen to be observing in shadow form, was nearby the epicenter of the binding and fused with the archangel. (There might be shenanigans from that caused those two specifically to be fused together but I don't want to make this anymore complex.)

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Legendary Hero of the Chain's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Huh, interesting. Personally, I'd call that less of a far reach and more just an interesting conclusion. There's a couple instances where Satan offers Jesus kingdoms on earth in their encounter in the desert during Jesus fast,(Matthew 4, Mark 1, and Luke 4), and while Jesus refuses, no version of the refutation includes any indication that such things are not Satan's to give, so his presence of power on earth wouldn't be a huge sticking point depending on interpretation. Heck, even revelations 12: 7-9 mention Satan being thrown to/into earth. So if the angels are fusing with things on earth, and Satan is on earth...

Suitably powerful Angel + Unaware Satan + Grudge from the war= suitable reasoning for what you described.

Plus, this is type moon. The Greeks are Robots, Aztecs are a space virus, and King Arthur is a Waifu. Bizarre may as well be a requirement to get in at this point

Incidently, the binding was caused by Eve who, through her own efforts, completed the Tower of Babel using knowledge granted by the Fruit of Knowledge. Things escalted and went pear shaped when she activated it, as you can see. You can read the full story on page 31 of the Lostbelt/Singularity thread.

Blog Entries
    I'd like to suggest calling these merged beings Nephilim. The product of the union of man and angel seems appropriate for this LB.

University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Gotz: Guts FC or GTFO

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Guts doesn’t have glorious sideburns. He explicitly described gotz as having long sideburns.

Blog Entries
    sorry but were not accepting any Gotz sheets that arent thinly veiled Guts sheets

i dont make the rules thats just how things are

Blog Entries
    Dont take our local shitposter too serious

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.