Page 495 of 620 FirstFirst ... 395445485490493494495496497500505545595 ... LastLast
Results 9,881 to 9,900 of 12396

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Wuxia characters just be like that.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Baron Magnus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    AN
    This is something that took a week. Been mulling over minor details and just decided to post it because its basically finished. All that's left are interactions which, honestly can be added later. Probably the hardest part was deciding on an NP because I had a bit to choose from.
    Now enjoy a version of Judas that I wrote to be a right bastard.

Many claim to be possessed by demons to excuse their awful behavior.

Yet when one has a history of possession can his claims of such be an excuse for the death of humanity's most venerated?
    Hello, master. Let us begin our work... what work is it, you ask? Hm. Simple. We are going to change the world

Sources
    Nikonu, Typemoon.Fandom.Com
    TheAnimeCentrale, Facebook.Com

True Name
    Judas Syriac

Class
    Foreigner

Origin
    Christian Apocrypha

Alignment
    Chaotic-Evil

Schemes, Death, Suffering, Kindness, and Jesus

Dislikes
    Blood, the Church, the Human Order, Luxury, Evil, and Jesus.

Talents
    Collecting and Transmitting Curses

Natural Enemy
    Jesus of Nazerath

Other Classes
    Assassin, Caster, Pretender, Faker

Catalyst
    Christian Apochrypha

Armaments
    Magecraft (C-rankB-rank)
    Bite of Judas (B-rank)

Parameters

Str: C+A+ End: C+A+ Agi: E
    Mna: B Lck: B NP: EX

Lore

Judas Iscariot. A figure known to many throughout the world. Humanity's greatest and most terrible betrayer. He who sold out his messiah for a mere thirty silver. A man who eventually died in shame and lonliness. However Judas is not merely a betrayer. He is many things. A coward. A cold magus. A traitor to all. Even a scapegoat to the Human Order. However what all of humanity has forgotten, allowing this class to take hold, is the Demon within Judas.

It is considered Apocryphal text. Among those that the infamous pope caused to be stricken from the canon of the Bible. However this fact allowed an important detail to be forgotten allowing a demon that haunted Judas' childhood to take hold of a fragment of his soul. Now it utilizes this fragment to its own ends, whatever those may be.

Early in his young life Judas had behavioral problems. Many might consider them mental issues today. He would rage. He would demand to be appeased. He would enact violence when he didn't get his way. He would throw tantrums even as old as eleven years of age. However he held a few behaviors that were certainly more troubling than the norm. He had a taste for killing. Both people and small animals. He enjoyed orchestrating trouble for others. He claimed he felt no love or hate for anyone.

However he was being trained to be a magus. The Sicarii family focused on researching the mysteries of the soul and it was common practice that as a magic crest was transferred that the bearer try to influence the inheritor into becoming a 'Perfect Being' by manipulating their very soul into becoming perfect and synchronizing this perfect with the body. Judas was no set to inherit the crest but was experimented on nonetheless. At age 5 his father altered within him his soul in order to try to create the 'Perfect Soul'.

Initially it was deemed a failure but after his behavior issues it was deemed to be a dangerous failure. He was not isolated but he was kept under strict watch and not humored in many things. Only with his studies did his family show any sort of care or consideration. This, naturally, caused an incident recorded in the Apocryphal text known as the 'Syriac Infancy Gospel'. He bit what was would become Jesus Christ. At the time however he was only Jesus of Nazerath. The bite did something none would know the effects of until later. However many saw it. Enraged his family imprisoned him the family estate and he was renamed 'Judas Syriac'.

Yet, invariably, that bite did far more good than harm. Judas' soul had recovered completely. It was altered into a state as if his family hadn't experimented on it. His soul now reflected what a natural progression, for a magus, would be. His family only discovered this when they noticed his completely humane behavior and a lack of enjoyment in things that did before. After a mere ten years he was freed from imprisonment and returned to the family fold... in a sense. He was never regiven his name.

The story, from there, is a tale as old as time. Judas met Jesus during an outing with his family and grew attracted to Jesus Christ's perfect soul and wished to study it to model his magecraft for it. Jesus agreed if the path of mystery was abandoned. He became Jesus' disciple. In a move of cowardice he sold Jesus out to the caliphate in exchange for Jesus to live after punishment and 30 silver. This, ultimately, led to the death of Jesus Christ the messiah. Crushed by the death of his dream and friend he went back home and wasted away into nothing, taking his own life in the end.

Except with some heroic spirits death is not final. In fact for many it is not.

Especially for those who don't appreciate losing their favorite toy

Despite being possessed by a demonic entity that is destined to throw open the Gates of Sheol and free Abaddon and its dragonkin into the world, his patron seems completely uninterested in utilizing him in this fashion in most summonings. In fact its utilization of Judas seems to be nothing more than entertainment for it.

Class Skills

Existence Outside the Domain: BEX

A skill given to the class container of Foreigner. It is meant to create a connection between a foreign god and the servant. The strength of the connection grants them various bonuses among which is an appropriate level of Divinity. As this servant represents Judas' possession by the Devil he naturally has this at a high level. Unlike normal however this foreign entity can increase their connection strength by full on possessing him. When this occurs this skill becomes EX rank instead.

At B rank Judas' fundamental existence is altered. Bearing a demonic creature while he hides its traits it is obvious to anyone witnessing him fight that he has, in a sense, been altered. Even his behavior is off as he can keep calm most of the time but sometimes lets slip his mask of humanity. In addition to this he gains an authority from his patron; The ability to summon bus-sized insectoid manticore familiars that devour humans.

Each one, despite being a phantasmal, easily overpower humankind. At EX-rank each familiar grows in size to be roughly the size of a single family home and grow in strength. While one is still not quite enough to defeat a servant said beings will not simply be able to slay them easily; even famous monster slayers will need some effort to slay even one of these monsters.

Natural Demon: BEX

A skill normally granted to servants who were called monsters or demons their entire lives, his case is special. He was not born a demon but from the age of 5 even his own magus family considered him a monster of some regard. It was only after he viciously attacked and bit Jesus that the plague of his soul was fixed. Yet now, in death, it returns with a vengeance. This skill does not denote him a natural demonic creature. It denotes the corruption of his own soul by his patron.

At B-rank this skill grants a rank and a plus modifier which activates in the presence of divine beings to his Strength and Endurance parameters. Further he lowers the rank of any attack from a source that is religious and not of the christian/catholic religion. When it is EX-rank his Strength and Endurance parameters become A rank, rising to A+ rank whenever fighting divine beings. He can temporarily turn these parameters into EX rank for a minute once a day. Additionally his resistance to divinity and religion skyrockets to halving all effects outright unless they originate from christian or catholic sources.

Anti-Human Order: A

A skill usually denoting a fledgling beast. Abaddon certainly would qualify as a Beast of humanity embodying the principle of Slaughter. However he is not Judas Syriac. Judas Syriac is an immature and possessed Judas the Disciple. As such, while not a fledgling beast, he has this skill. He is still Abaddon's instrument in the human world.

At his rank he naturally deterioates the human order. As easy as breathing human laws and methods mean nothing to him. Humanity doesn't stop around him. Rather everything deteriorates. A misstep here causes a chain reaction felling the worlds greatest skyscraper. A careless word causes a punch to miss him and strike the united states president, their guards slaughtering the offender. At this rank his very presence can cause calamity at any moment.

Personal Skills

Crest of the Locust King: C+

Magus utilize Magic Crests to pass down their knowledge and power through the generations. However this crest is different. It is a crest utilized by demon gods. When many were turned into pillars for the Temple of Solomon by the titular Solomon a few escaped his gaze. Abaddon, angel of the Pit of Destruction, was one of them. As Judas is now his tool he has been gifted with the magic crest of a demon god.

In addition to his normal magecraft he also can now utilize Necromancy, Witchcraft, Transmutation, Elemental, and Flow & Transfer magecraft at a respectable level. However this skill performs a secondary function. It gathers curses. Despite this being its function it does not protect its bearer, Judas Syriac, from them. As such any curse gathered will fester within Judas.

Additionally a small amount of this curse is transfered into any magecraft he maintains ravaging the target of his spells with a fragment of the original curse. For example utilizing reinforcement he may accidentally incur a cold due to a fragment of Gandr being instilled into the reinforcement. He has no control over what curses, how much of a fragment, and what targets are selected for this effect. It is all completely random. Entire curses could leap from him into his magecraft and ravage a target.

Curse of Judas: A

A skill that is grants some benefit but is largely harmful to him. It allows him to effectively create mystic codes out of silver and utilize silver as a catalyst as if he had the skill 'Item Construction (Silver)'. However he takes a harsh penalty that ranges from enhancing harmful skills or even just damaging his saint graph.

At this rank the curses within him increase in potency so long as he has physical contact with silver of any sort. Even mere trinkets cause this effect. Further his parameters rank down during this contact. In exchange however all magecraft cast through a silver mystic code or catalyst are one rank higher than they normally would be and are one step faster.

Bite of Judas: B

A skill that denotes his famous act of biting Jesus of Nazerath. It also encompasses the infamous Kiss of Judas. Both meld into this skill that delivers the effects of the kiss through a bite rather than a kiss. As Judas, the infamous traitor, it is naturally higher as not only did he bite jesus he also kissed Jesus to betray him. As such he has it at a high rank.

At his rank the Bite can naturally penetrate any divinity of lower rank and divinity of a higher rank has a negative modifier applied. Additionally this contact can cause one of the myriad curses collected by the Crest of the Locust King skill to randomly transmit to the bitten. He cannot control what curse attempts to transmit. However an additional curse always tries to transmit. A 'Curse of the Betrayer' which alters the fate of the bitten to eventually, whether they intend to or not, betray someone.

Resisting these curses requires a blessing of some sort and the blessing must be D-rank or higher. However it should be noted that D-rank blessings will only block two of the three. A luck check determines the one that makes it through. Higher ranks of blessings block all three. As a note if they use the blessing to block the damage of the bite the curses instead move through them and infect the servant unless the blessing is A-rank or higher.

Personality

Judas Iscariot, Judas Sicarii, Judas the Betrayer, and even Judas the Scapegoat while all signifying and representing different facets of the same heroic spirit they all are ashamed and revil this existence. Judas Syriac, the demon within each of them. Now free from the restraints of the heroic spirit at the cost of being under the thumb of the demon god Abaddon.

Similar to two other forms of Judas he too has a love of Jesus. To him Jesus represented hope that he might rise above his station and one day ascend to a plane above humanity. That one day his life might have meaning. While he regrets his role as Humanity's destroyer he does not hate it. Instead he views it as a nessecary evil. He believes if Jesus chose this role for him, which must be the case, then he has no room to complain. Thus he releases his inhibitions to make the task easier to bear.

Yet he is unaware that these inhibitions are influence from Abaddon. His love of schemes and seeing them to fruition is a twisting of Judas enjoyment of escaping the authorities with his friend, Jesus. His laughter at death comes from his laughter after what happened to the romans following Jesus' death. It is only his sadism that is natural but even that is simply exaggerated. It comes from the time when his soul was twisted by his own family and allowed Abaddon to reach out and possess him as a small child.

What proves this is his distaste for blood. He hates not only the taste of blood but also the sight. Often, when he kills, it will be clean and bloodless or he will burn it away. He hates luxury and will often choose to base in the bare minimum he needs. Even his hatred of evil makes evident the truth of the matter. Most telling is how he will often speak harsh critique but loving praise of Jesus. Each with different tones and mood shifts. It is only when possessed that he refuses to speak of Jesus at all.

Judas Syriac, as stated, is a twisted, sad soul. A Judas that was forever removed from the whole and is now merely a toy in the ploys of Abaddon all the while unaware. Not once will he remember at all what Abaddon does in his body. Not once has he questioned what Abaddon really is. Not once has he ever thought anything was wrong. He is completely subservient because of how deeply ingrained Abaddon is in the saint graph of Judas Syriac

Interactions

Master
    Master. I warn you. Using a command spell to bring me to heel is a poor choice. After all...
    Who will you direct it towards?

Judas Iscariot
    Hmmm. Such a coward I was. If I had known my role I might've welcomed it. Welcome him to his kingdom. Nothing to fear there

Judas Sicarii
    How disappointingly short-sighted I was then. A mere magus that desired naught but the root... unknowing of my true purpose! Oh how I pity that fragment of mine.

Saint Martha
    Ah its Martha! She and her sisters were quite beautiful but Jesus always frowned upon open admiration... and private. I understand though. Sin is an awful thing if your unclean... even now I must be careful with indulgence

Moses
    Ah! Liberator of our peoples! How wonderful it is to meet him. Truly... still why does he seem so mad?

Paul/Saul
    Ah! I know of you!... It's a shame you didn't find me. Maybe then my sin would be less. Still, alls well now. I am now serving my true purpose. One day I will open the gates of judgement so the world may be cleansed!

Noble Phantasm

Behold Abaddon thine flock. The only humans worthy of Utopia. With thine body I do throw open the gates to thy kindgom and beckon thee to deliver salvation to humanity!
    Ego Praeco Aperturam Portarum Inferni

Type
    Anti-Self/Anti-Army

Rank
    EX

A crystallization of the ultimate fate of Abaddon's herald. Merely an instrument to a greater evil of humanity coming forth. The trumpet of Abaddon that bleats before the gates to Sheol are flung wide open releasing myriad curses upon the world and their king. Normally impossible as specific conditions in the world must be met, most the time of which have not been met. Instead however he can generate a fascimile.

Instead of this event he generates a powerful bounded field that cuts off space and replicates the event. It could be, in a sense, called a Reality Marble with a sole difference; he has no inner world to speak of and so cannot project it. Rather he can only extend a history he holds within himself onto the bounded field.

This history is of a future where he does throw open the gates. Similar to a certain dead apostle summoning forth the future to weaken another dead apostle holding a contract he can, in a way, bring that future to him. However he lacks backup from the planet to summon the real Abaddon and his dragonkin. Similar to how his skill, Existence Outside the Domain, fails to summon any of them and only the larvae.

Instead he utilizes the highest forms of Abaddon's larva within the bounded field and becomes fully possessed for the duration of the noble phantasm. Unlike his normal familiars these are actual phantasmal beasts of a high grade and as such even servants will have trouble facing the great numbers summoned by him. Additionally if the noble phantasm remains active for longer than a minute he acquires the Personal Skill Demonic Mutation at E-rank and gains a rank for each 5 minutes it remains active.

However there are a few weaknesses. Firstly as a bounded field it is magecraft. While of the highest level a proficient enough magus, especially from the age of gods, could dismantle it given time. Additionally as powerful as the phantasmal beasts are they are no difficulty for high-end servants such as Saber, Archer, or Lancer. Even Riders may have an easy time with them if they are aware of the danger.

Further the noble phantasm consumes vast amounts of mana. The average master can barely maintain the noble phantasm for a minute. Even properly prepared masters can only hope for five minutes at the longest. However the most negative sideffect is that the curses within fully activate. Even if they required specific conditions this noble phantasms fulfills and activates them. While this noble phantasm, through his possession, prevents his outright death he may only have a minute to live as that is all Abaddon's possession will allow in the harshest conditions. If Judas is lucky he may last up to ten minutes without some form of curse or transmission of all curses.

Once the noble phantasm ends all curses become dormant, even ones that would normally be active at all times, for a full day.
    Rookie Lorekeeper, Amateur Extraordinaire, and all around nasunoob.

Blog Entries

Rider - Elizabeth Windsor

It's Corgi Time. 'Queen' Elizabeth now has a Servant sheet:

Rider of Future Queenship

(by acea4. Source)

“Really, you’ve summoned no great Spirit. Like anyone else in my homeland, I’m here in the War to help, to do my duty. Still, as Servant Rider, I won’t falter.”

True Name: Elizabeth Windsor
    Alias: Elizabeth II (Future), Junior Commander (Honorary), ‘Princess Auto Mechanic’
    Alt. Classes: Saber, Ruler, Caster
    Source: History
    Region: Britain
    Catalyst: A clock made for her by her soldiers during WWII
    Armament: Wrench customised with the hilt of a sword and pommel of a royal mace

Character: “I’d rather just be called Rider if you please, though ‘Miss Windsor’ is fine if you prefer using my real identity. i'd love to go out among the people, but I suppose an enemy Servant would soon spot me."

The longest reigning Queen in history, yet summoned in a state before she even became queen.

Born in 1926, the future Elizabeth II’s early life was already affected by media exposure and royal division. She was on the cover of TIME magazine at age three, was told to keep quiet about her cousins’ mental illness and later isolation, watched her uncle Edward VIII sympathise with Nazis then tear a rift through England by choosing divorce over the crown, then experienced the outbreak of the Second World War aged only thirteen.

While it was proposed to evacuate Elizabeth and her sister Margaret to Canada, this was turned down by their mother, and the princess likely would’ve refused anyway. Elizabeth would insist on getting directly involved in the war effort (or at least as involved as a princess was allowed to be), first by sending a radio message aged fourteen, then more significantly by becoming the first female British royal to enlist, entering the Auxiliary Territorial Service. It was in the ATS that she was trained to work with the war technology of her time and became fascinated with tinkering.

Of course, Elizabeth being someone who could do little in life without a media buzz following, naturally the British papers obsessed over the Princess in the Army. Yet throughout, Elizabeth insisted on being treated like any other female recruit, and even in the Grail War would prefer to just be called Rider or by her name than by any royal title. Her appreciation for being treated like a normal citizen was shown again when the war ended, with her celebrating with the British crowds without being singled out as the princess. As Queen, she would later recall it as the happiest moment of her early life.

Rider was raised to abide by the motto ‘Never complain, never explain’, which her to develop and air of pleasantness but also reserved stoicism, always appearing her best in front of the people, with World War II further enforcing that stoicism upon her. That way of ‘stiff upper lip’ thinking would come to completely define her after coronation, yet summoned as a princess that mindset hasn’t completely cemented itself, letting her show a more vulnerable, down to Earth, and occasionally giddy side of herself. It’s like she always had a grandmotherly nature, even when she was only eighteen years old.

Rider can be described as not shy but still introverted, trying always to be polite and showing the makings of a future queen, yet mostly keeping to herself and not being the most talkative or lively. She only tends to open up when it comes to her interests, be they her affection for animals (most notably corgis), or for technology and tinkering. Paradoxically, she is someone who always tries to project the image of royalty yet doesn’t seem to like being referred to as royalty, saying she’s like any other Servant really when it comes to the Grail War (granted, many Servants already are royals).

If anything can make her express a negative emotion though, it would be prying into her private life, something the media already tried to do with her from an early age, and she can get rather agitated by the royal family’s actions being called into question. She also seems hesitant to look up any information regarding her ‘future’ reign (well, any more than the Grail gives her), as to her that honestly feels like prying or even a risk to the timestream, but unfortunately avoiding learning of her future self is not easy to do. Learning about modern technology however is something she’s always eager to do.

Attribute: Star
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Dislikes: Retreating from war, long separations from her parents, intrusions into her private life, having to question her own family’s actions
    Relationships:

• Arturia: “Such a strange meeting, to think it really is you, you came back like they said. You do seem most put off by being monarch, but well, our family now would simply say we all have regrets, but we must move on anyway.”
    • Babbage: "My apologies, but our armed forces' machines don't run on steam anymore. It's diesel technology we've embraced."
    • William the Conqueror: “My founding ancestor was always one of the first I’d have planned to meet on time travel being invented. But forgive me, but this hasn’t been as pleasant a meeting as I’d have hoped for.”
    • Stephanie St. Clair: "Well, you're officially the US' business, but it's a welcome sight to see that at least some good comes out of your activities."
    • Judas Syriac: "Our nation triumphed against the Nazis, I assure you we won't falter against your Abaddon."
    • Erik Satie: "To think my own life just barely missed your, ahem, talents. Reminds me of how Holst ded when I was young too."
    • Michael Collins: "Ah, this makes quite the awkward meeting..."
    • Egdon Heath: “Really, I can’t picture any part of my England being so unruly.”
    • David Ngunaitponi: “Such strange yet wonderous machines, a perpetual engine will do wonders for our dominions. I must note to visit Australia more often.”
    • Catherine Morland: “You’d think me a time-traveller, or wielder of the sword of Michael? My, good to see England does not lack an imagination!”
    • Rosencrantz & Guildenstern: “Hmm, would you two be Danish subjects or British? You do hail from one of our most culturally significant works, after all.”
    • C.S. Lewis: “Forgive my rudeness, but imagining a child teaching at Oxford is… most odd.”
    • Patrick Hamilton: “I… I am fully aware of my family’s and mine history, t-thank you!”
    • Estella: “I assure you, I have not in any way closed my heart. I’m just… acting in a manner befitting my education.”
    • Charlie Chaplin: “We all fought Hitler in one way. I was more conventional, you used the comedy and technology at your disposal. Fancy a knighthood?”
    • Harold Holt: “You’re certainly a change from Menzies, but for all your dalliances with America and… other places, I hope you won’t forget the mother country.”

Master: Someone who feels great expectations upon them, or who’s from the elite yet wishes to be treated just like a normal person. Any mage with Royalist inclinations yet lacking the connections to get a catalyst for an earlier royal would be likely to seek her out. Also, if a Master is one hundred years old yet still capable of fighting in a Grail War, that may act as an inherent catalyst.
    Natural Enemy: Adolf Hitler, Edward VIII
    Wish: As Rider felt it was her duty as both royal and Brit to be involved in the war effort, so she feels the same about the Grail War.
    Rarity: 1/5

Parameters

• Strength: ***** E
    • Endurance: ***** B
    • Agility: ***** D
    • Magic: ***** D
    • Luck: ***** B
    • Noble Phantasm: ***** A

Class Skills

Magic Resistance

Built-up immunity to magic.

• Rank D: Someone of Rider’s era would normally have little to no resistance to magic, but the long lineage and obtained artifacts of the British Royal Family do grant her a basic immunity like that of an amulet.

Riding

Handling of animals and vehicles.

• Rank B: While Phantasmal Beasts are beyond this Servant’s control, all other rides can be handled with ease. While she has a close connection with horses, her role in the Auxiliary Territorial Service makes her especially equipped at driving military vehicles.

Personal Skills

Auxiliary Territorial Service

Access to the resources of and abilities required for the Auxiliary Territorial Service, the British Army women’s branch during World War II.

• Rank A: By joining the ATS, Rider would become the first ever female army soldier of the British Royal Family. On top of her education in mechanics and nursing, Rider can also call forth lorries (trucks), tanks, and guns provided they’re in a state of needing repair, which with her training is little issue for her. She can additionally call on the resources of the Grenadier Guards, the regiment she was appointed colonel of.

Calm and Collected

The suppression of emotion to calmly observe one’s surroundings.

• Rank C: In her time, this may have been best expressed by the phrases ‘Stiff Upper Lip’ and ‘Keep Calm and Carry On’. As a royal whose family would be beset by scandals early in her life, and like the rest of her country would go through the emotional devastation of World War II, she has cultivated a polite and (ultimately) optimistic but stoic mindset from an early age, though unlike her Queenly later self it has not completely consumed her. Negates mental interference, especially when it comes to bewilderment.

Charisma of Hope

The leadership and inspirational qualities of a future ruler. Makes people feel they can expect great things from the Servant.

• Rank A-: Rider would eventually become one of the most popular and adored rulers alive across several decades. However, this Skill is decreased when meeting Servants from former British colonies, such as India or Kenya, but strangely not the US.

Familiar (Corgis)

Allows the use of Welsh corgis, who can serve as fairy mounts, as familiars.

• Rank C: Rider may be the most famous ever corgi owner, having raised multiple generations of the breed. This Skill is somewhat reduced with her being summoned as a Princess, but even then her love of dogs and associations with Wales started young. Each corgi familiar also carries the Skills Fairy Contract and Protection of the Spirits at Rank E.

Noble Phantasm

Knights Auxiliary

Arise, Marvellous Machines

Type: Anti-Fortress

“I suppose this does give my royal standing entirely away. Well, in War it cannot be helped. For country, arise!”

This Noble Phantasm acts through a combination of her knowledge of mechanical repairs, the ancient ‘divine touch’ of her family, and the royal-exclusive role of bestowing knighthoods. Physically represented by her own wrench acting in the place of knighting sword, it enables Rider to ‘repair’ any of the tanks and other vehicles under her command by imbuing them with the concept of ‘knighthood’.

This enacts a transformation upon said war vehicles, in which they fold upwards and rise to become towering mechanical ‘knights’, like giant suits of armour but wielding treads instead of swords and cannons instead of bows or lances. Standing directly atop or on the ‘shoulders’ of one of these tank-knights, Rider can then use her knighting wrench like a baton to take command of these machines.

Additionally, Rider can use this Phantasm in conjunction with her Familiar (Corgis) Skill to modify tanks to assume the form of giant corgis. However, given tank are of course made of metal, any mecha-corgis will have any Fairy-related Skill sealed as a trade-off.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The sheet itself is fine and all (the corgis are cute), but this has to be a new record for the shortest duration passed between a figure dying and adapted into a sheet here... right?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Blog Entries

Source: Kurolovessloth

Class: Caster
    Other Classes: N/A
    True Name: Erik Satie
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Place of Origin: France (19th Century)
    Stars: 3/5

Parameters:

STR: D
    END: D
    AGI: D
    MGI: B
    LCK: C
    NP: C

Height: 181cm
    Weight: 110lbs
    Dislikes: Being straightforwaerd
    Talent: Writing music
    Natural Enemy: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
    Attribute: Man
    Traits: Male, Humanoid, Weak to Enuma Elish
    Armament: A floating keyboard held in place and played by his magecraft
    Catalyst: One of his Manuscripts

Class Skills:

Territory Creation D: He can manifest a Room where he hid himself in, though it only weakly enhances his magecraft.

Item Construction C: He is not particularly good at making items, though he can create some items associated with music.

Personal Skills:

Mystical Order of the Rose B: The occult organization that he was in, founded by his friend. The Order of the Rose was a famous Rosencruzian order and included a hefty mage community. This taught Satie how to use some magecraft, primarily using music as his focus and how he utilizes it.

Vexations B: The sublimation of the piece which consisted of a single theme which he asked to be repeated 840 times. This enables him to "repeat themes", duplicating baselines on his spells to continue mixing and layering them to form many different musical pieces, endlessly repeating his motifs to drive his enemies back.

Furniture Music B: The sublimation of his "furniture music", built to be played in the background and ignored by those who heard it, focusing on other things. This enables him to "blend into the background", appearing to be "merely a part of the furniture, and not something to actually be paid attention to"

Noble Phantasm(s):

Gymnopedies
    Three Melancholy Pieces

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 100 meters
    Max Targets: Infinite targets

His Gymnopedies, some of the first ambient music ever, sad, pained and tragic pieces. When the true name is called, they overlay themselves onto the world, faintly playing the sound within some people's ears, although it may also sound like almost any other ominous piece that he can think of. It creates a sense of unnervedness, dropping stats and checks while amplifying pain and grief caused twentyfold.

Lore: Erik Satie was a famous French composer noted for his interesting and odd techniques for writing pieces, such as one based on greek arches, one that endlessly repeats, and so on, though his most famous pieces are easily his Gymnopedies. He also notably joined the Rosencruzian order at one point.

Personality: A person obsessed with secrets and hiding things, he doesn't like ever keeping anything in plain sight, always wanting to disguise it behind something or other. He loves composition and music. He loves using Gymnopedies to constantly unnerve and attack anyone nearby, amplifying a paper cut to the pain of the finger being lost. His wish is to be able to forever hide behind secrets, obscuring himself.

Relationships:

Mozart: "Why do you... just reveal your magic like that?"

Salieri: "Impressive costume. Mind if I borrow it?"

Gesualdo: "Madness is truly befitting an artist, is it not?"

Teng: "No, no, no, less kind, less giving."

Prokokiev: "Fun pieces, but why would you just reveal them?"

Chopin: "Frail? Fragile? No, no, no, you must hide all that. Though I must say I admire your work."

Berlioz: "Yes, yes. Finally a composer who sees the need for disguise! And with illusion magecraft, no less."
    Last edited by jishara; October 12th, 2022 at 09:18 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    The sheet itself is fine and all (the corgis are cute), but this has to be a new record for the shortest duration passed between a figure dying and adapted into a sheet here... right?
    That may be part of the reason I focused almost entirely on her earlier, pre-Queen life

On another topic, I was curious if Satie would have any reaction to my Chopin or Berlioz, or St. Clair to Billie Holiday? Or not, it's jishara's choice

Blog Entries
    Angela Lansbury died recently. Once her body is cold enough, you could do her too.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NailsInYourFeet View Post
    That may be part of the reason I focused almost entirely on her earlier, pre-Queen life

On another topic, I was curious if Satie would have any reaction to my Chopin or Berlioz, or St. Clair to Billie Holiday? Or not, it's jishara's choice
    All three are done! Thanks for the suggestions! Also thanks for using my Gesualdo with a bond line in Chopin.

Blog Entries

Source: Tsukuyomi-Bunny

Class: Avenger
    True Name: Anna Akhmatova
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Place of Origin: Russia (20th Century)

Parameters:

END: A
    AGI: C
    MGI: C
    NP: B

Height: 192cm
    Dislikes: War, hatred, death
    Talent: Writing poetry
    Natural Enemy: Joseph Stalin, Oda Nobunaga, Iskandar
    Traits: Humanoid, Weak to Enuma Elish
    Armament: N/A
    Catalyst: Requiem by Akhmatova

Class Skills:

Oblivion Correction C: Their pain will never be forgotten, and it will forever rage in their hearts.

Avenger D+: They normally do not gather pain, unless with Evil alignment enemies.

Self-Replenishment (Mana) B: Her voice shall always hold them together, fuel them and keep them surging, till they can obtain their revenge.

Personal Skills:

Terror Leads Moonlight To The Axe B: The sublimation of the terror at stalingrad beginning, the sublimation of the executions beginning. A constant aura of terror spread by the spirits that you're next, more effective against those who attacked and harmed others brutally, in purges or in wars.

Sorrowing Spirit C: The sublimation of her refusal to leave and commitment to notating the stories of the people around, as well as the endlessly sorrowing spirit of the people. A skill permitting her to stay rooted, gaining her power as she watches and never leaves, refusing to move while watching all those around her carefully, negating forcible skills blocking thrm.

Poem Without A Hero A: The sublimation of how the city of St. Petersburg turned into Leningrad, which she noted in her Poem Without a Hero. An endlessly expanding ability trying to block the forces of change which ripped them apart from their families and their friends, to endlessly create their idyll, ripping away the feats of the great heroes and creating peaceful villages.

Noble Phantasm(s):

Requiem
    We Speak With One Voice

Type: Support
    Range: N/A
    Max Targets: 0

The sublimation of her most famous poem, Requiem, about the horrors of the Great Purge, which tore so many people apart. This manifests within her. The spirits of many of those who died within the Great Purge have merged to her, with her becoming their "voice". These spirits grant them many powers including controlling shadows, creating a whirling miasma of souls, and other such things. They can also utilize these souls, throwing them and having them ignite, fading for their dream of a more peaceful world.

Lore: Anna Akhmatova was a Russian poet who was nominated for the Nobel Prize in Literature many times. Her most famous poems are her Poem Without A Hero, about Leningrad, and her Requiem, about the horrors of the great purge which ripped so many people away from her and so many others.

Personality: Her personality has mostly been superceded, due to the spirits holding so many different personalities, so they generally are enigmatic and serene, while grieving, hating most of the people associated with war, though occasionally her true personality shines through, a kind person who refused to give up or let herself be free but instead remember those who are unable to. Her wish for the Grail is for the Revolution to have never happened.

Relationships:

Joseph Stalin: "Such an utterly vile tyrant, yes, yes, yes. It shall be our pleasure to rip you apart."

Oda Nobunaga: "War begets war begets war begets war in the name of peace, is it not?"

Francis Drake: "The ends of the earth? How very droll."

Qin Shi Huang: "Machines? Not even close to man, don't we agree? Yes, yes, yes."

Atilla the Hun: "Conquerors? We wonder, why are there so many? If any conquerors achieved peace, would there not be merely few?"

Iskandar: "We have heard tell of your feats. It shall be our pleasure to rip them from you."

Blackbeard: "Pirates? Now? Out of place."

Himiko: "...I must admit I see your point."

Blog Entries

Foreigner - Dorothy Gale

Foreigner of the Rainbow

(by Poimx. Source under 'see all')

“Alright, let’s get this over with. Tell me which witch you want dead this time.”

True Name:
    Dorothy Gale
    Alt. Classes: Assassin, Voyager, Caster, Rider
    Source: Public Domain Fiction, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
    Region: USA, Oz, Fairytales
    Catalyst: O-Z Filing Cabinet
    Armament: Her own fists, as shown in her first encounter with the Cowardly Lion. Also has access to a magic fan and its gale-force winds, self-modified parts

Character:
    “I was eleven when I killed a person. I doubt you’d understand…”

One day, struggling writer Lyman Frank Baum purportedly read about a woman named Dorothy Gale who’d gotten too close to a tornado, a name disturbing close to his niece who never lived past childhood, Dorothy Gage. From this unusual tornado and the potential for a life Gage could’ve had was born the concept of Dorothy, foreigner to Oz.

Aged only eleven, Dorothy accidentally killed a witch on entering Oz and was later ordered to kill another, though that said witch tried to enslave her at least eased her guilt. Along the way, she heard from a friend how he was enchanted to hack himself into bits, saw said friends have to cleave their way through whole swarms of the witch’s minions, then would later find out her eventual ‘rescuer’, Glinda the Good, knew about her plight all along via her magic Book of Records, yet never stepped in to help. Subsequent adventures would see her nearly drowned, have a head-swapping threaten to take her head, then watch her friends be turned into ornaments one by one.

At least the new friends she met really were good friends, really were smart, kind, brave. At least she met Ozma, a girl who was also once the slave of an evil witch, a girl who also grew up on a farm where the whole world seemed monotone, and adventures were things other people had. A girl who could see how traumatised Dorothy was by having to kill so young, and promised she’d never have to do so again.

Meanwhile, Dorothy’s story caught like wildfire in the civilised world she’d long left behind, if she was ever really a part of, becoming the lead character of not just her books, but the most watched movie of all time. Yet while she became an avatar of childhood innocence, the events surrounding the movie were anything but innocent, given the torture its actors went through and how her own actress would be sent down a dark path of pressure, perfectionism, drugs, and self-destruction. The trauma Dorothy faced would rear its head in this world too, whether its movie meant to address it or not.

That loss of filmic innocence, the inability to believe in Oz’s own innocence that future writers and readers would have, the traumatic events Dorothy did face in her original adventure, and in the Moonlit World the growing fearsome image of the ‘magus killer’, have all warped Dorothy into something unrecognisable. A cold and mercenary mage contract killer ashamed and embarrassed of her own innocent image…

…and yet, still the same farmgirl from Kansas, who dreamed and even sang of a colourful world instead of constant grey. Still a person who cares about her friends, and one more-than-friend, as much as she always did, even if her current phase means she has a harder time showing it now. Still someone who may flinch on the outside whenever a little girl says she loves her story, but whose will ultimately warm hearing that.

Foreigner appears older on summoning that described in her stories. This might be because of the time difference between Oz and everywhere else readjusting her age, but also from her intentionally wanting to assume a more adult or at least teenage form. She doesn’t see the Grail War as that different really from her adventures in Oz, what with going around to new locations to kill or at least disable magi. That the ‘civilised world’ still has magi is a surprise to her, though less so them being little like Oz magi. She’s already seen enough in Oz to not be fazed much by the modern world, though the difference between how she tries to present herself and how people usually picture her legend will always send her blushing.

Attribute: Star
    Alignment: Says she’s mercenary-like ‘True Neutral’. Actually Neutral Good
    Likes: Clear directions, her few true friends, rainbows and singing (though she won’t admit it)
    Dislikes: The colour grey, information being withheld, being underground, being thought of as the ‘same old Dorothy’
    Relationships:
    • Cathy Morland: “You disgust me. It’s like you would’ve seriously wanted to get to kill witches as a kid.”
    • Christina of Sweden: “Huh, from what they say about you, you’re sure Wicked Witch material- oh sorry, ‘Alchemist’. Still, you don’t seem that bad in person now that we’ve gotten the chance to talk.”
    • Alfonso X: “How ‘great’ you are, when you just got all your subordinates to do everything for you. Well, least you’re less dickish a game master than some kings I know.”
    • Carlos Gardel: “So they call you a wizard when you’re really not? Hah, don’t think I haven’t dealt with folks like you.”
    • Elagabalus: “I can’t believe… that you’re what Ozma could’ve been, without Oz.”
    • Goya: “Hate mages? I can fix that, but I’m not doing it for free this time.”
    • Glinda: “Hey look, stay outta this, we’ll call you when we need to. Or if you’re gonna stay around, no more hiding secrets from us, that clear?!”
    • Ozma: *That Homura-Madoka headrub meme*
    • Kuzunoha: “Lancer, really? Well, you’re magical enough that I’m not fooled, a Caster by any other name.”
    • Princess Elizabeth: “You’re not so special, I’m a princess into machines too. Well, honorary princess, and just one machine with Tik-Tok, ugh, forget it.”

Master: Someone still reeling from an ‘adventure’ that happened to them as a child. Preferably nobody who was genuinely expecting Dorothy as a Servant, she feels it’d only make things awkward.
    Natural Enemy: The Nome King, Wicked Witch of the West, Glinda (well, if not an enemy then at least ‘sick of her shit’)
    Wish: That Ozma’s own desire for non-violent resolutions could be realised, a solution Foreigner feels would need the Grail to be made possible
    Rarity: 2/5

Parameters
    • Endurance: ***** C
    • Agility: ***** C
    • Luck: ***** B
    • Noble Phantasm: ***** B

(by Yaoto. Image seems no longer available on their Pixiv)
    Class Skills

Existence Outside the Domain

Denotes a being from the world beyond, and the pact therewith.

• Rank B: Foreigner was transported multiple times to and became closely connected with the Land of Oz, a sealed kingdom whose nature defies many of the notions regular humans have about the world, and that worldly magi have about the operations of magic. Oz’s exact nature is unknown to mages of the ‘civilised' world, with it not confirmed if it’s on the Reverse Side (having been accessed by air), a Marble Phantasm, a somehow sustained Reality Marble, a pocket dimension, or something else entirely.

“Really, it seems adults have a much harder time wrapping their heads around Oz. Thought they were ‘sposed to be more knowledgeable.”

Personal Skills

Fairy Contract

A human bond with the fairy kind.

• Rank A: Foreigner has formed several connections with the Fairy kind, starting with having been granted the protective kiss of the ‘Good Witch of the North’, charming people into decreasing their desire to harm her, before later coming under the wing of Glinda and becoming honorary joined Princesses with the fairy descended Ozma.

“It was Ozma, she made it all worth it. Glinda, ugh… less so.”

Innocent Monster

One whose existence has a Servant has become altered by their historical reputation and rumours.

• Rank B:Dystopian Oz’, the Curse of Later Authors. While it may have been her original author’s intent to portray Oz as positively as possible, though how effectively that was done can be called into question, the land of Oz has subsequently been depicted as darker and dystopian. At times this is through prior evidence, like the Orwellian implications of the all-seeing Ozma’s Magic Picture and Glinda’s Great Book, but just as much it’s from the natural human urge for subversion. Foreigner, being Oz’s most recognisable ‘character’, has had her personality has thus become colder and more cynical like people’s image of a ‘mage killer’, and adolescently insecure about Oz’s fairy-tale nature.

“I was ‘sposed to embody endless childhood. Guess that was most unbelievable of all.”

Magus Killer

Skill and training at assassinating mages while relying little on one’s own, if any, magic.

• Rank B: The Servant’s own Strength Rank becomes equal to the Mana Rank of the current Servant she faces. Foreigner has been credited with the deaths of two powerful witches, the exposure of a proclaimed ‘great wizard’, and having gone against a magical underworld ruler multiple times. However, her image as a mercenary mage killer is slightly deflated by her having killed the first of those witches by accident.

“Let’s just say Ozma put up that ban on magic for a reason.”

Self-Modification

Ability to combine one’s own flesh with the body parts of others, risking one’s status as a hero.

• Rank B: While Foreigner lacks the mana or summoning ability to call on her companions in Oz, the bond she formed with them is so strong that they can partly manifest on her Servant self through this Skill. Foreigner can use stitches to cover up wounds, replace limbs with metal prosthetics, grow leonine claws and paws for leaping, and give herself a dog’s hearing and smell.

“It’s one thing to hear about mutilation you went though, but another actually living it.”

Noble Phantasms

Twister over the Rainbow
    Green Vortex over Grey Fields

Type: Anti-Fortress

“I wanted to leave this world behind, and found people in Oz wanted the same thing.”

The crystallisation of how Foreigner reached Oz, most famously through one of the many twisters along the USA’s Tornado Alley. It remains unclear whether the twister that first brought her to Oz was simply a force of nature or had been personally conjured by the Good Witches of Oz to bring forth a potential hero. Whichever was the case, Foreigner now can generate such a twister herself, using an enchanted spiral fan (one of the last magic objects Baum ever wrote up).

She can partially activate the Phantasm to launch standard gale blasts out from the fan, with the full activation stirring up enough wind to call forth the entire tornado, with her as its focal point. While this tornado appears a dark grey from the outside, its inside appears as an unearthly green, less like one is inside a tornado and more inside a time-space rift.
    Entire houses can be pulled up by the tornado, and the gathering gale is able to increase its spinning speed and power in reaction to encountering the presence of mana. Any objects it picks up are not tossed out, but somehow specifically aimed at whatever is the greatest source of nearby magic in the area, likely a Servant or leylines nexus. Its magic shredding properties may explain why a then magicless person like Dorothy was not harmed at all by it, while the Wicked Witch of the East was defencelessly crushed.

The true essence of this Phantasm is the ‘end of normality and start of adventure’, from both non-magical and magical perspectives, given its ability to act as a gateway to the fantastical from the mundane, to end the status quo of ruling mages, and to enable to magicless to kill the most magical.

No Place Like Home

The World in Three Silver Steps

Type: Anti-Magic

“I had it on me all along, huh? Yeah, till I lost them an instant later…”

As Foreigner’s disrupts both magical and non-magical ideas of the ‘normal world’, so does her second Phantasm serve to re-establish the normal world. Yet it only acts as a temporary end to adventure and magic, not a permanent one, for regardless of original intent the adventure must always go on.

This Phantasm by which Foreigner ‘returns home’ from Oz is of course crystallised in the silver slippers she ‘received’ from the Witch of the East. While their stated power is the ability to travel anywhere in the world in only three steps, in a manner like the Seven-League Boots of myth, their true nature of their power is more the use of magic to return to the mundane.

Upon activation through chanting where Foreigner most wants to be, she gains the ability not to negate magic or anything supernatural used against her, but to ‘auto-dodge’ all supernatural attacks just by instinctively stepping to the side, just as three steps were all it took to completely leave Oz for Kansas. ‘Supernatural’ here refers to any mana-intensive attack, so while this Phantasm wouldn’t defend against regular attacks from a Servant, it would let Foreigner avoid skills like Mana Burst or whole Noble Phantasms with ease. Passing over Bounded Fields or even through Reality Marbles are also within this Phantasm’s grasp.

As a temporary, not permanent, escape from magic, a downside to this Phantasm is its chance of being lost and unable to be recovered to be recovered the further away Foreigner uses it to move. There’s also the issue facing Noble Phantasm that by nature cannot be avoided with enough distance.

"Journey's beginning and journey's end... except of course, someone like me can't be allowed an end. And... I guess I wouldn't want it, if it meant leaving Ozma."

(by Da-cart. Source)

For Comparison: Alexcoene's Assassin - AnjuAddams' Assassin
    Last edited by NailsInYourFeet; October 13th, 2022 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Should link to what Dystopian Oz is

Blog Entries

Source: Myosotis_Vallee

Class: Berserker
    True Name: Camille Claudel
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Place of Origin: France (19th Century)
    Stars: 1/5

Parameters:

STR: C
    NP: C

Height: 171cm
    Weight: 80lbs
    Dislikes: Traitors
    Talent: Sculpting
    Natural Enemy: Auguste Rodin, Tristan
    Traits: Female, Humanoid, Weak to Enuma Elish
    Armament: Chisels
    Catalyst: The Waltz

Class Skills:

Madness Enhancement E++: Her madness is relatively low normally, though it spikes as life goes on, the joy or the fear or the sadness, endlessly growing madness.

Personal Skills:

The Pain of Life A: The sublimation of her many sculptures on life, the joy, the pain, the sadness, all echoing through her. In her place, it endlessly amplifies, accelerating the joy of seeing the birds, for example, into a full-blown mania, or sadness over spilled milk into an utter depression, for her and those near her. She can also invert this, shattering emotions into a dull fog, although this would require her to somehow become stable enough to release the active hold of Pain Of Life.

Sculpting C: A gifted sculptor, she gains this skill, which is the sublimation of someone being noted as a sculptor. It permits her to imbue her creations with life, expanding and growing them, creating automatons of her statues as she continues to build, to sculpt, to mold, to melt, to create.

Sakuntala B: One of her most famous sculptures, sublimated into a skill. Her first masterwork grants her the ability to show the emotions of those who she sees and sculpts, feeling them grow, showing their feelings, and even controlling them some too.

Noble Phantasm(s):

The Waltz
    Love's Embrace

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 10 meters
    Max Targets: 1

The sublimation of her most famous painting, The Waltz. It manifests as an elegant dress made out of pure gold, which she constantly wears and often uses as a weapon. When its true name is called, she embraces someone, spiking their emotions and causing them to literally melt, transforming into gold as part of the dress, perpetually in an embrace.

Lore: Camille Claudel was a famous French sculptor noted for her originality and effective work, though in her life she was never very well known or famed, mostly overshadowed by Rodin, her former mentor and lover before their relationship broke. Her most famous works include Sakuntala, Mature Love, and The Waltz.

Personality: Someone obsessed with emotion, due to the effect of The Pain Of Life every emotion she has is far more wild, with very little subdued emotions. She loves those who show their emotions, and loves to have them do that by making sure The Pain Of Life Spreads. Her wish is to make sure all emotions are truly shown.

Relationships:

Auguste Rodin: "YOU! HOW DARE YOU? GET OUT OF MY SIGHT!"

Leonardo Da Vinci: "Oh my goodness, oh my goodness, this art is so So SO SO SO SO AMAZING!"

Teresa Teng: "Oh, it's so... calming. Wait, why do I feel so serene?"

Carlo Gesualdo: "OH MY GOSH IT'S SUCH A PLEASURE TO MEET YOU! YOU FEEL YOUR EMOTIONS LIKE I DO!"

Lady Caroline Lamb: "WHY ON EARTH ARE YOU SO OBSESSED WITH BYRON? STOP CALLING ME HIM. NOW. OR ELSE I'LL DESTROY YOU AND FUSE YOU INTO MY GOWN!"

Blog Entries

Caster - Grand Vizier Jafar

Caster of Baghdad

(by Pon de Yomisen. Source)

“Always assumed I’d be a Didalus, but apparently fate saw fit to cast me as Iykarus.”

True Name:
    Ja’far al-Barmaki
    Alias: Grand Vizier Jafar, Jafar bin Yahya, the ‘Evil Vizier’
    Alt. Classes: Avenger
    Region: Middle East
    Catalyst: His personal calligraphy brush, presumably pulled from Baghdad’s ruins
    Armament: Vizier’s staff, paper

Character:
    “Where do I start? Part of me hesitates to tell you my legend, I can only worry you’ve long bolted down your own opinions about who I was.”

One who strove to be the best Vizier to the best Caliph yet was tarnished and remembered as the quintessential ‘Evil Vizier’. One who believed in science and progress yet was cast as a deceiver and sorcerer. One who was accused of all this by his closest friend.

Jafar al-Barmaki, heir to a highly influential family of Viziers during the Golden Age of Islam, started with the highest hopes. Brought up alongside the future Caliph Harun al-Rashid, Jafar believed his friend could be the best of rulers when few else could. Harun and he were the prized students of his father Yahya, already an acclaimed vizier who helped Harun secure the Caliphate.

And it seemed like Jafar had been right, that Harun did grow to be the best of Caliphs, with Jafar helping him bring the Golden Age to its height. Science flourished, paper production was brought to the larger world, grand libraries were filled, and wealth came pouring in. Pouring in too fast, for Jafar’s family.

Once Jafar’s closest friend, Harun started growing ever more distant. It soon seemed that everything great and wondrous about Baghdad and the Abbasid Caliphate was because of the Barmakids, that every great mansion or mosque in town was built by them, that people may ask who really was the Vizier and who was the Caliph? It didn’t help the Barmakids’ were of a Buddhist background, even if they’d long left the religion by Jafar’s birth. The moment Jafar fell in love with Abbasa, a woman he’d been told to maintain only a business relationship with, Harun had the excuse to act.

To break the Barmakids’ ever rising influence, Jafar was executed, the rest of his family hunted down and imprisoned. Despite his family’s standing, few came to their defence, her own home country of Persia caring little that their line had been destroyed. Later storytellers, allured by the glory of Harun, began to take his side and assume all his suspicions about Jafar were right.

As one dedicated to science, even being summoned as Caster feels like an insult to him, even if there’s few if any other Classes he fits. He is someone who gets naturally exasperated by people, especially by any rash or foolhardy decision-making, and can feel he’s the only one who sees reason. He does have an ingrained fear that his Master might think he’s trying to usurp them, and so occasionally will be all too nervous about pleasing them.

On one hand, Caster is glad to see how far science has come, and how far magic (always a touchy subject in Islam) has fallen. On the other, he doesn’t see the modern world as having grown any more reasonable or sensible, and can only stare in shock upon learning everything that has become of Baghdad in the centuries since the Mongol invasion. He wonders if his family had been allowed to love on, then maybe, just maybe, they could have prevented such a fate, but he can tell this may be just wishful thinking on his part.

Attribute: Star/Beast
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Dislikes: Being a Caster, impulsiveness, his posthumous depictions, usurpers (no, really)
    Relationships:

• David Ngunaitponi: “Perpetual motion to me seems more like fantasy and science. Still, you seem set on achieving it, so I’m prepared to be proven wrong.”
    • Heinlein: “Might be for the best Harun never heard about your ideas, he would’ve raved ceaselessly about the tactical advantages of dropping rocks from the moon or whatever.”
    • Emilie du Chatelet: “If only you weren’t close with one who blasphemed the Prophet, there’d be much to appreciate about you.”
    • Cathy Morland: “You have some truly… strange ideas about Baghdad. Suppose you can’t be blamed too much, given what your country and century assume about the ‘Orient’.”
    • Marie Curie: “I could only think of technology and chemistry as positives, yet you’ve seen it corrupted, a bringer of destruction.”
    • Alfonso X: “My advice is you may’ve let all this Astrology business go to your head. Shame, you’d make a marvellous ally otherwise.”
    • Ataturk: “You may be the very thing Harun feared, the Caliphate’s ultimate abolisher. Odd though, as value science and learning just as he did. Might I advise being a tad easier on the Sufis though, your tourist economy could benefit?”
    • Bolivar: “Sounds like you truly could’ve used a Vizier once your rule was attained. If I may say so, I do pity Santander…”
    • Ozma: “I confess, I thought of you as a child’s idea of a ruler when we first met. But I suppose the same could be said about Harun, with how the Alf Layla wa-Layla has recorded him.”
    • Yoshitsugu Otani: “Word of advice boy, never make friends with politicians. They’ll always value politics over friendship.”
    • Elizabeth Windsor: “You have a very long reign ahead indeed, but that long a reign means even more advice is needed…”

Master: Hopefully not anyone who gets jealous easily, and can take criticism well.
    Natural Enemy: Harun al-Rashid (much as he doesn’t want to believe this), Hulagu Khan, Vlad Tepes, Godfrey of Bouillon
    Wish: That his family could’ve lived on and continued to guide the Caliphate.
    Rarity: 3/5

Parameters
    • Endurance: ***** E
    • Magic: ***** B
    • Luck: ***** D
    • Noble Phantasm: ***** E-A

Class Skills

Item Construction

Skill to manufacture items.

• Rank B: Being behind the opening of the first paper mill in Baghdad, and one of the first paper mills outside China, Caster is capable of rapidly conjuring paper that form scientific and (to his reluctance) magical texts, but also be used as a weapon via papyromancy. While paper is his personal specialty, other items such as medicines and mechanisms can also be constructed through family knowledge and patronage.

“Your world would think paper essential, though at first Harun didn’t.”

Territory Creation

Establishment of a territory suited to a magus.

• Rank A: Creation of a ‘House of Wisdom’, able to gather and preserve books and other artefacts of science and learning, is possible. The House of Wisdom comes with a strong endurance that only the likes of a Mongol invasion (or A-Rank Anti-Fortress Phantasm in mechanical terms) would be able to break through. Other buildings such as mosques and personal mansions can also be constructed.

“For the Bayt al-Hikmah to come crashing down, it- it sounds like a nightmare, not history.”

Personal Skills

Golden Rule

The talent to amass and maintain wealth.

• Rank A: Caster and his family possessed an even greater fortune than Harun al-Rashid, himself one of the wealthiest ever caliphs. It was said that every impressive mansion in Baghdad belonged to his family, and that his personal estate cost twenty million, while still having more than enough left over for hospitality. This Skill can be used to boost the quality and collection speed of his Class Skills.

“Really I’m hardly the most extravagant of my family, look at my father with his gold-tiled walls.”

Grand Vizier

A ministerial advisor to an Islamic Head of State, such as a Sultan and especially the Caliph. Can give rout advice that increases the Rank of other Servants’ Skills, doubly so if said Skills are related to statecraft.

• Rank A+: At this point, this Skill works a little too well, to the point where other Servants not only gains Plusses when following Caster’s advice, but gain Minuses whenever they don’t, with Caster himself being able to copy their Skills. It can cause Servants to fear that Caster could easily replace them, like he can do anything better than they can.

“You’d be surprised how many people refuse to listen to the best advice, however.”

Inherent Insight

Perceptive eyes for observation that can grasp the essence of things and will not overlook information. A Skill usually linked with detectives.

• Rank E+: One unique trait of Caster’s is him being a contender for the first detective protagonist in fiction, being appointed by Harun to solve the murder mystery of The Three Apples. However, he was a… rough prototype, largely failing to solve any mystery he was given until saved by sheer luck, his youngest daughter being more the detective than him. That said, his Vizier training keeps this Skill from being the lowest Rank.

“It was… not one of my finest moments. Okay, two moments technically, ugh look, it’s a story made up about me.”

Innocent Monster

One whose existence has a Servant has become altered by their historical reputation and rumours.

• Rank A: The ‘Evil Vizier’, an archetype Caster didn’t fit in life (though there are a few who’d say otherwise) but has since become remembered primarily as. This demonisation could said to have started in his lifetime with Harun al-Rashid’s paranoia of Barmecide overreach, which carried down through history the more Harun was immortalised as one of the greatest caliphs, with portrayals of Arabia in Western fiction cementing Caster as this in people’s minds. This has given him Magecraft he wouldn’t have possessed in life (and wouldn’t have wanted to possess, given the Islamic world’s stance on magic), particularly his voice becoming laced with hypnotism spells.

“Harun, please, what- whatever made you think I could ever be that sort of person?”

Noble Phantasm

Al-quat wara Al-earsh
    To Be Caliph Instead of The Caliph

“All my advice amounted to nothing. In Harun’s eyes, I could only be a traitor…”

‘The Power behind the Throne’, when all the authority is usurped from a ruler, leaving only a figurehead. Crystallised in his vizier’s staff and caster’s own eloquent tongue, his Noble Phantasm automatically if gradually activates whenever he starts talking with another Servant or mage, especially whenever he gives them advice.

After his Grand Vizier Skill improves their own Skills, the target of this Phantasm sounds find that Caster has become able to use their Skills and Spells at will, and at one Rank higher. Combined with this Class Skills, Caster can build himself grander residences than the targets’ own, better armaments and objects. Given enough time and mana acquisition, Caster gains the authority to use their Noble Phantasms or Mystic Codes at his own command, and at one Rank higher too.

Even this is but a symptom of the disease, for the true nature of this Phantasm is to enforce the loss of the target’s authority, and the bestowal of all their real power to Caster. To inflict on the target the fear of being usurped, of being outclassed, of being rendered useless. The crystallisation not just of the whole Evil Vizier archetype, but all of Caliph Harun’s fears and anxieties towards Caster.

There are two main catches to this Phantasm however. The first and more technical is the speed at which the Phantasm activates depends on how great the authority wielded by the Target is. Someone like an Emperor, religious head, or Megacorp CEO will be affected particularly quickly, regular kings and nobles slightly slower, and to commoners this Phantasm will move at a snail’s pace, if at all. Detectives seem to be especially resistant to this Phantasm, likely due to Caster’s own failure in that role.

The second is that Caster is not at all comfortable using this Phantasm, given it’s the embodiment of all the paranoia that led Harun to execute him and imprison the rest of his family, and of the stereotype he’s been saddled with since. At the same time though it’s hard for him to not use, given its automatic activation and that as a Vizier, eloquence and advisal have long been ingrained in him.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ayy, nice to see someone finally do Jafar after I have been procrastinating for years...now I have an excuse not to finish mine.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Spammin Spiff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    Angela Lansbury died recently. Once her body is cold enough, you could do her too.
    Phrasing please

Blog Entries
    Out of context this does sound pretty wrong, lol
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries

Foreigner - Ludwig II of Bavaria

A/N: My third Servant to have won Guess-A-Servant

So on top of trying to combine Ludwig II's own life story with Lovecraft's The Outsider, I also took more than a bit of inspiration from The Neverending Story while making this sheet. Figured a German king said to have lost himself to Fantasy would have more than a little of overlap with a German book about the nature of Fantasy and how people lose themselves to it.
    Also, the original draft had Ludwig just meeting the Outsider and being the only one to befriend him, rather than Ludwig actually being the Outsider pre-amnesia

Foreigner of Fairy Tales

“I’m Servant Foreigner, and cold reality scares you, right Master? Don’t worry, for I know a place of fantasy, of eternal mystery, that reality could never intrude on!”

True Name:
    Ludwig II of Bavaria
    Alias: The Marchenkoenig, The Swan King, The Mad King
    Alt. Classes: Caster, Berserker, Rider, Ruler
    Region: Germany
    Catalyst: The blueprints for Neuschwanstein
    Armament: Theatrical weapon props
    Alt Faceclaim

(by びび。Source)

Character: “Who, me? I’m a Fairy Tale King, that’s… all anyone needs to know about me, really.”

A king of Bavaria who never had the makings of a king, who felt trapped by the pressures and duties forced upon him. His childhood was mostly miserable, with him being alienated from both his parents, so much that his adulthood may have been one long attempt to capture and perfect the childhood he never had.

Upon being crowned, Ludwig largely stayed away from strict administrative duties, and instead focused almost entirely on the arts and patronage. His main obsessions were myths, folklore, and fiction, with his great architectural projects like Neuschwanstein Castle decorated with legendary artworks and designed to look like a fairy castle of old. He is credited with saving Richard Wagner from destitution, with the likes of The Ring Cycle and Parsifal likely to have never been made without Ludwig’s support.

However, his fantasy obsession and neglect of all his other kingly duties led his crown, a debatable crown too given Bavaria had lost its independence to a greater Germany during his reign, to be taken from him, with him being declared pathologically insane. Soon after Ludwig II was found dead of unknown causes, be it suicide or murder… or his own spirit having left him entirely, his mind having become completely one with his assembled fantasy world.

Far into the future, as Neuschwanstein like all buildings became submerged underground, Ludwig’s spirit which wandered within eventually lost all memory of the outside world other than, oddly enough, his fairy tales and stories. Always afraid to leave the castle and see what had become of the wider world, he did take that chance one that… only to find that what few people there were found him hideous and decrepit, his soul and form having decayed till he was only a wretched Outsider, an eldritch entity that had completely forgotten what it was like to be human.

Foreigner is summoned seemingly as Ludwig II again, memories and all, though as Neuschwanstein’s effects pile up he becomes more and more like the ‘Outsider’. While looks like a pretty young king, the reflective power of mirrors shows him for the eldritch husk his spirit ultimately decayed into.

He is always excited to meet actual mages and Heroic Spirits, and won’t hesitate to invite them to Neuschwanstein, not understanding why its effect of making people lose ties to reality and modernity would ever be anything anyone might be concerned about. Naturally his only interaction with the modern world is with its fiction, he doesn’t even want to know how much Mystery has further declined (ironic given his second Noble Phantasm).

Incidentally, while he was mainly thought of as a terrible king back in his day, his reign may have been a net positive for Bavaria in the long run, with Neuschwanstein and several of his other projects going on to become major economy-boosting tourist attractions.

Attribute:
    Sky
    Alignment: Neutral Good, leaning True Neutral
    Likes: Myths and legends, arts and entertainment, the countryside, seclusion, equally beautiful men
    Dislikes: Reality, the responsibilities of rule, crowds, seeing himself as others do, accusations of madness

Relationships:

• Goethe: “It’s-it’s really you! You don’t know how much you’ve done for the literary world- Oh, er, you seem rather hung up on your earlier works.”
    • Heinlein: “You don’t seem that comfortable around pure fantasy, yet well, aren’t a lot of your own ideas quite fantastical?”
    • Cathy Morland: “This is fortuitous, I… never imagined meeting someone as invested in fantasy as me. Though er, you may be disappointed to learn my own background is nothing special.”
    • C.S. Lewis: “I was religious as anyone, yet is the need to justfy fantasy by constantly drawing comparisons to Christianity really… necessary?”
    • Chopin: “Oh my, I recall Wagner was quite negative about you, yet your music doesn’t sound that bad upon listening.”
    • Ataturk: “Getting rid of mystery and magic? How absurd, it’s like you’ve ripped out a nation’s soul!”
    • Omegarus: “Wait, I think I know you, you were in that French novel, right? Huh, so you say the world really did end up becoming that devoid of mystery
    • John Bauer: “You wanted to escape from the fairies? W-why, what could the modern world ever have to offer us creatives?”
    • Ozma: “If you think the burdens of ruling are bad, at least take solace knowing you were speared from ruling in a world where magic is dying.”
    • Dorothy: “It’s like a world of fantasy has left you cold, however that could be possible. I’d agree with what your writer first said, that it’s the real world that is the greyest.”
    • Jafar: “Huh, you’re quite different from what I expected. But still, everything I’ve heard about Golden Age Baghdad makes it sound like the place to be! Oh, not through historical records, no, through the Arabian Nights’ Tales.”

Master: One who’d have a natural feeling of isolation from others, mental if not physical, have a responsibility placed on them they couldn’t possibly fulfil, and/or have a deep feeling that they were ‘born in the wrong century’. Definitely not anyone with a strong attachment to the modern world.

Natural Enemy: What he calls ‘Das Nichts’, some abstract avatar of modernity that represents the death of all Mystery and imagination. It is unknown if he is speaking about this Nichts metaphorically, or if he believes it’s an actual entity. Sublimated into a Phantasm though, it's now more than a metaphor.

Wish: Foreigner desires to obtain the Holy Grail not for any wish it could grant, but simply because it is the Holy Grail, or at least an existence as legendary. The Grail would help Neuschwanstein though, being only the way to increase its Mystery permanently and consistently.
    Rarity: 2/5

Parameters
    • Endurance: ***** D
    • Magic: ***** A
    • Luck: ***** D
    • Noble Phantasm: ***** A

Class Skills

Divinity

Level of closeness to a Divine Spirit.

• Rank A: Foreigner has not so much become joined with an Outer God, but has so divorced himself from reality that he has risen to the ranks of the Outer Gods, or an equivalent creature.

Existence Outside the Domain

Denotes a being from the world beyond, and the pact therewith.

• Rank A+: One who has, through ultimate separation from the human world, become a being equivalent to an Outer God, if not an outright Outer God: The ‘Outsider’. To Foreigner, fantasy has become reality, and reality fantasy.

Personal Skills

Appreciation of the Arts

Infatuation with and ability to identify works of art.

• Rank B+: Has a wide knowledge of works of art, but with a special focus on identifying Noble Phantasms related to fairy tales, Arthurian and Germanic myth, and opera. Foreigner was a devoted patron of arts, most notably the theatre and Richard Wagner.

Fairy Monarch

The mystical authority necessary to lead and rule over the Fairy Folk. Like a specialised Imperial Privilege, this allows temporary access to any Fairy Skill regardless of whether the Servant would otherwise possess it.

• Rank D: Foreigner’s low Rank in this Skill is due to him being a Fairy Monarch in title, mind, and spirit, but not in physicality. Any Fairy related Skill can be used a single time each with a proficiency of Rank E.

Out of Due Season

Allows the Servant to resist the effects of Mystery degradation, as if they had been born in an earlier era.

• Rank B: A ‘Stranger in this Century’, Foreigner’s level of Mystery will be boosted to be the equal of a Servant from the High Middle Ages, while actually being from the nineteenth century.

Outsider Looking In

The rotted, inhuman form and mind of an ‘outsider’, one incapable of fitting in and relating wherever they go. The Servant’s own Self-Suggestion, gained through knowledge of stories, can be used to appear presentable and suppress their true image.

• Rank A: Foreigner will appear to most people as the young and whimsical king he was in life, yet this storybook glamour will be broken if one looks at him through a mirror, seeing him as the creature so utterly divorced from reality he has become.

Noble Phantasms

Schloss Neuschwanstein
    Princely Palace of the Eternal Enigma

Type: Anti-Reality

The proto-Disney fairy-tale castle of Foreigner’s dreams brought to life, decorated all over with medieval designs and scenes of myths and fairy tales. It could be said to be a fortress not against any invading army, but rather against the decline of Mystery. To make a grander declaration, it is like an Ark of Mystery and Fantasy against the global flood of modernity and reality.

Neuschwanstein holds the power to continuously increase its own Mystery, provided that more artworks, artefacts, mages, and Heroic Spirits of Fantasy can be gathered within its halls. Contrary to this goal of gathering more Mystery though, Neuschwanstein does have a price of admission, albeit not a monetary or even Mana-based one.

To enter Neuschwanstein, one must give up a memory they have of the outside world, separating one of the ties they have to reality, and will have another memory taken away each additional day they spend within the castle. Eventually they will become like the Outsider, the being that was all that remained of Ludwig II, having no memory of reality whatsoever.

Das Nichts Nichtet
    Fairytale’s End, Fantasy’s Death

Type: Anti-Fantasy

Neuschwanstein begs the question, why even it enter in the first place then, considering its cost? That is where Foreigner’s second Noble Phantasm comes in, even if it’s a Noble Phantasm he has no control over nor is even comfortable acknowledging. Yet it springs from him anyway, for if Neuschwanstein is his celebration of fantasy, Das Nichts is his fear of reality. Of the Apocalypse of human imagination.

A constantly greying and darkening Bounded Field that covers the entire vicinity of the Grail War except for Neuschwanstein, the last bastion of Mystery. Within the designated ‘outside world’ the decline of Mystery and people’s inability to imagine becomes accelerated faster than normal, something that present Masters with increased spellcasting difficulty, and become downright hazardous if not lethal for Servants. As Neuschwanstein is able to acquire more Mystery, so the rate at which this Phantasm decreases Mystery speeds up, like it’s all spilling to one end of the scales.

Neuschwanstein hence becomes the only way for anyone in the War to maintain and recover Mystery even if it comes with the price to gradually cutting more and more ties with the real world.

For Comparison: ylas' Caster - Shiki-pon's Ruler

Blog Entries

Source: Aleksander Gray

Class: Caster
    True Name: William Thornton
    Place of Origin: America (18th Century)

Parameters:

Dislikes: Disbelief
    Talent: Building
    Natural Enemy: Caster class Servants.
    Armament: A sharp pen
    Catalyst: A part of the US Capitol Building

Class Skills:

Item Creation D: He isn't very good at creating items, only constructing low-level architectural equipment.

Territory Creation A: Allows him to create a studio which is as effective as a Palace in aiding his magic.

Personal Skills:

Patents (Granting) B: He headed the Patent Office for a long time. This permits him to grant Patents to certain actions, which do a few things: Firstly, as a patent is the sublimation of the fact that it's a "new invention", registering it as a "unique incident". In addition, everything utilizing that "incident" will be taxed a percent, with most of it going to the "Patent Holder", though some goes to him at the Patent Office.

Architecture A: He was a genius at architecture, creating some absolutely incredible buildings. This skill is a composite including Eye for Art (Architecture) at rank B as well as Architectural Analysis, which permits him to easily find the weak points and hidden bits of any building, and Architectural Construction, speeding up his construction, at A.

Necromancy D: He was a relatively mediocre necromancer, not particularly gifted or effective. This permits himto raise mediocre zombies, without sentience and which cannot be animals much larger then an average housecat. His necromancy was innefective except for the coincidences which surrounded him.

Noble Phantasm(s):

Washington Resurrection
    Repump The Blood And Reactivate The Lungs

Max Targets: 1 Target

The sublimation of his attempted resurrection of George Washington, which he was blocked from attempting. A noble phantasm fueled by coincidences, requiring hosts of souls, as well as a powerful heart or Core. When its true name is called, George Washington is created, anchored by this, growing in power depending on the heart or Core as well as the number of souls, although he is still much weaker then the average servant due to his summoning as closer to a Wraith.

Capitol Building
    Center of Legislature

Type: Reality Marble
    Max Targets: 100 Targets

The sublimation of his creation of the US Capitol Building, an influential location. When its true name is called, it emerges out of his mind, but twisted by his obsession with necromancy. An ominous building which appears to be built of a fleshy material, populated by non-sentient zombies roaming the halls that reenact perpetually the activities which they would do as a congressional delegate. they become agressive when sensing intruders.

Lore: William Thornton was an architect, physician and painter who created the first US Capitol Building, and was the first superintendent of the United States Patent Office. However, he, unknown to history, was also a necromancer of little notability, most noted for his idea for the resurrection of George Washington.

Personality: A haughty, overconfident man who believes he is the most powerful magus alive, despite his rather weak magic powers. He assumes anyone who speaks to him wants to become his pupil, so has a tendency to randomly state that "No, you will never be my pupil" in the middle of conversations. His wish is to have less people desperately begging to become his pupil.

Relationships:

Ennigaldi: "All the knowledge in those scrolls cannot compare to mine."

John Murray Spear: "Mecha-messiah? Mediocre."

Baba Anujka: "How did you fail at your Water of Life? Never you mind my failures! How did you possibly fail?"

Satie: "What do you mean I'm too obvious?"

Eglon: "You will never be my pupil."

Blog Entries

Saber - Maid Marian

Saber of Shepherdesses

“You may not have been expecting me as a Saber, but I’ve adopted many guises, including that of the finest swordfighter in the land!”

True Name: Maid Marian
    Aliases: Marian Fitzwalter, Matilda Fitzrobert, Clorinda, Queen of the Shepherdesses, May Queen, Summer Queen
    Alt. Classes: Archer (Golden Arrow), Lancer (Maypole), Rider (May Day parade chariot), Assassin, Saver (from her admittedly loose link to the Virgin Mary), possibly Berserker (given how raucous May Day can get)
    Source: Folklore, debatably History
    Region: England, possible roots in France
    Catalyst: Medieval shepherd’s crook, wilted may crown
    Armament: Fencing sword, maypole ribbons

Character: “My background? Hah, I have all sorts of backgrounds! But no matter who I am, I fight for the same cause, for the same people.”

The leading female character of the ballads of Robin Hood, shown as a greater swordfighter even than he (granted, he did mainly use the bow).

In her earliest tales though, she had little to do with Robin Hood at all, being a shepherdess who was among the folk figures of May Day, the pagan-rooted celebration heralding the prime of spring and the coming of summer. Yet over time and with tales being retold, she became associated with the shepherdess who was Robin Hood’s lover, just as a shepherd also named Robin had once been her lover.

Though still among the peasantry when she joined Robin Hood, these ballads further evolved to ease an uncomfortable aristocracy, one who wished to feel that they couldn’t be the sorts of nobles Robin and his Merry Men were against. As Robin was then retold as the Earl of Huntingdon, so was Marian too became a noble. Specifically, she became identified with the historical Matilda Fitzwalter, daughter of the Magna Carta’s champion Baron Robert Fitzwalter.

However, the raucous peasant spirit still surged within the gentrified Marian, as almost every subsequent tale tells of how she ran away from noble life, the unwanted affections of a folkloric Prince John not helping, in search of freedom as a forest outlaw. It helped she already had more than the qualifications for one, with her assembling so convincing a disguise and being so skilled a swordswoman, that she is told as having fooled and outduelled Robin himself, if in an otherwise embarrassing misunderstanding.

It is this disguised, baroness errant swordfighter that she is summoned as in the Saber Class, being more obviously a noble as Archer, and much more the May Queen Shepherdess as Lancer. A figure of merriment both as May Queen and with the Merry ‘Men’, Saber in this Class is a bright and cheerful, if overly theatrical, woman who acts like she’s straight from a swashbuckler tale. Having bested Robin Hood in combat, she’s more than lived up to the role, though the merriment she displays could be a necessity, given actually living as an outlaw is anything but glamorous.

Though Saber won’t mourn for the end of feudalism, she sees the corrupt and unequal modern world as even more in need of her and her fellow outlaws than ever, and is more than happy to pick up her activities right where she left off. Having to deal with more modern security systems and computer encryption when planning heists becomes a newfound headache though. While she doesn’t really like having to fight Servants of common backgrounds, she is always more than eager to show noble-born Servants what for. She wouldn’t recognise the Robin Hood of the Moon Cell (especially personality-wise), with them both being one of many with such names, and he wouldn’t her likewise.

Attribute: Earth, possibly Sky
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Dislikes: The nobility, mistaken identity (with other people anyway), humourlessness
    Relationships:

• Friar Tuck: “Er, hey look, don’t take the whole ‘she might be Mother Mary or Freya’ thing too personally, they’ll say whatever nonsense about me.”
    • Chatelet: “A scientist summoned as a Saber? Hah, well let’s have it then, why don’t we prove your mettle for the Class here and now?”
    • Zaroff: “Huh, surprised some of the nobles of my era haven’t degraded themselves to hunting peasants for sport. In a way, they already do. Well, just try to hunt me down then, if our arena is a forest then you’ll have no chance of catching me!”
    • Estella: “Doubt anyone will want to play your wicked game if I take all your riches first!”
    • Bolivar: “To live to become the very tyrant you rebelled against, perhaps one of my worst fears.”
    • Ozma: “Poverty is unknown in your kingdom? My, you truly are ahead of us ‘civilised’ folks… though y’know, you’re still a noble, I can only trust you so far.”
    • Arachne: “Impressive. I only stood against bumbling nobles; you challenged your very Gods.”
    • Elizabeth II: “England’s royal family just got wealthier and wealthier, didn’t they? My, looks like I’ve got my work cut out for me.”
    • Ludwig II: “Hey, you wanna spread fantasy and daring tales to the world? How ‘bout we… remove all your treasures from the castle and give them to your subjects? No? Very well, ‘spose I’ll have to do the job myself.”

Master: Preferably not any mage from a distinguished lineage, or if they are then one clearly not happy being in said lineage.
    Natural Enemy: Prince John, Richard I due to neglect
    Wish: Seizure of all the world’s gold from the rich
    Rarity: 3/5

Parameters

• Strength: ***** B+
    • Endurance: ***** C
    • Agility: ***** B+
    • Luck: ***** C
    • Noble Phantasm: ***** B

Class Skills

Divinity

Level of closeness to a Divine Spirit.

• Rank C: Saber has at times been associated with the Virgin Mary, ‘Mother of God’, though whether this is as an incarnation, a fragment, or merely symbolism cannot be verified. Due to the origins of May Day, it is possible she could be a euhemerised incarnation of the Norse goddess Freya (most of whose duties were given to Mary after Christianisation), though this connection is even more stretched. If she is Freya though, would that make Robin a euhemerised Freyr and the Merry Men einherjar?

“If I were a Goddess, bet I made myself into a mortal to give myself a real challenge! That, and given how dull the world of nobles is, I dread to think how dull the world of the divine is.”

Magic Resistance

Built-up immunity to magic.

• Rank B: Saber’s origin with May Day traditions, a counter-celebration to the previous Walpurga’s Night, and having lived in a legendary, romanticised era (if not quite the Age of Gods) allows her to cancel spells with chants below with verses. Greater Magecraft and Rituals will struggle to affect her.

“Is that all? Hah, a sorcerer best reign down the full fire of Hell if they wish to singe me!”

Riding

Handling of mounts and vehicles

• Rank C: The only ride Saber has really been noted for was a chariot in the May Day Parade. Yet nor is she noted for a lack of riding ability either, and additionally has been part of a class defined by horse-riding. Non-Phantasmal vehicles and animals can be handled with above average Skill.

“Could always use a horse for a quick getaway, or a haycart to hide in.”

Personal Skills

Golden Rule (Wealth & Body)

Possession of great fortune and physique.

• Rank B: Saber was once proclaimed to be more beautiful than Helen of Troy, if by balladeers who weren’t ever alive to see Helen in person. Upon the legends rewriting her as a noble, she became rich in birth as well as later rich in theft, but much of her own gold she’d give to those in need.

“It’s us outlaws who are beautiful, noblewomen’s beauties are all skin deep. Er, of course, that totally doesn’t apply to former noblewomen like me!”

Swashbuckler

An archetype of hero to brash and theatrical to be a stealth killer, yet too cunning and roguish for a chivalric knight. Both a flamboyant and oddly conversational style of sword-fighting and a personality type that combines style and passion with heroism.

• Rank A: With Robin Hood already being a prime ur-example of the swashbuckler (as the archetype wouldn’t truly take off until the 17th century), Saber having both outduelled and outsmarted him makes her a ‘swashbuckler squared’. Boosts both Strength and Agility when talking while fighting.

“Hi-yaah! Is that a sword you face me with, or a prop? Ya-haah!”

Threshold Dweller

Symbolises one who stands between two distinct ages with a foot in both.

• Rank C: Much as her character has been altered and reidentified over the ages, this Skill primarily represents how she as May Queen stands on the threshold of Spring and Summer, humanity and nature. As a liminal figure, she gains some resistance to Bounded Fields, particularly with fire or nature-based effects.

“Ha, can’t pin me down! I’m here to embrace the turning of ages, not cower in fear of losing power!”

Noble Phantasms

Maria Perdolens

Sword of Sacred Sorrow

“I only wished to spread joy… Okay, not entirely true. There’s fore sure more than a few wealth-hoarders I’d like to stab with sorrow!”

Given the multiple connections that have been made between Saber and the Virgin Mary, through both being linked with May Day, to the costumes of Maid Marian being modelled on Virgin Marian iconography, it is perhaps no surprise that Saber’s own sword would too have its origins within the Mother of God’s Seven Swords.

It was said the Sorrows of Mary manifested as seven swords, which pierced right into her grieving heart. As a Servant, Saber has received the Fifth Sword, the Sorrow of Mary seeing the Crucifixion of her beloved Jesus, due to the event’s correspondence with Saber wounding her beloved (if in the sense of romantic love than familial) Robin Hood to near-death with her own sword. Of course, Robin survived at least that occasion, just as Jesus would be resurrected.

While the Virgin Mary if summoned in the same class would have all seven swords, her nature means she would only use them to inflict emotional damage, not physical. Saber on the other hand has no issue using the one sword to strike her foes both physically and emotionally, in a manner of a swashbuckler who insults their foes as much as wounds them.

Anyone attacked by this Phantasm will feel not only their own pain from its blows, but also the pain their most beloved receiving the same blow. This can be traced back to how Saber grievously wounded Robin while they were both in disguise and unaware of each other’s identity. Saber’s own upbeat nature makes her seem an unusual fit for such a sorrowful Phantasm, but it is perhaps that positivity that makes her most suited to handling it and resisting its effects.

Saber and the Virgin Mary are incidentally not the only Servants to possess a Sword of Sorrow. The butcher’s knife wielded by the Heroic Spirit Margaret Garner that grows with the sorrow of having to kill her own child has all the traits of another of these swords, likely the Third (losing one’s child) or Sixth (seeing your beloved child dead).

Many Faced May Queen
    Crown of the Coming Summer

Type: Anti-Unit (Self)

“Who am I? Sometimes I’m a Shepherdess, sometimes I’m a Baroness, sometimes I’m even a Goddess. Either way, I know who you are: Finished!”

One of the Noble Phantasms of Robin Hood, or rather a Robin Hood, is a cloak connecting him with May Day’s Jack in the Green to disguise him by becoming one with nature, so does Saber, having an even stronger connection with May Day, have a similar yet distinct Phantasm.

Where the green cloak and hood of the May King melds one with nature, the white dress and floral crown of the May Queen melds one with the people, with all the revellers that walk hand in hand with nature on May Day. Her identity becoming one with the May Queen title, Saber’s appearance can be altered to resemble anyone who has ever been crowned May Queen, to have ever played the part of ‘Marian’ during the May Games.

Among the guises she can take are a shepherdess, a sex worker, a baroness, even a page due to her role having occasionally been assumed by men. To make it extra difficult to guess her identity, this Phantasm gains a Rank Up whenever anyone guesses her identity to be Maid Marian, promptly making them doubt themselves despite their right answer. This is due to how Robin Hood himself couldn’t recognise her, even though the two having previously met and fallen in love.

For Comparison: King of Braves' Archer (would link Verg's Archer but it's a spoiler)

Blog Entries

Source: Yunngia

Class: Berserker
    True Name: Tintoretto
    Place of Origin: Italy (16th Century)

Parameters:

STR: C
    AGI: C
    MGI: B

Dislikes: Criticism
    Talent: Painting quickly
    Natural Enemy: Da Vinci
    Armament: Paintbrush
    Catalyst: Il Paradiso by him

Class Skills:

Madness Enhancement EX Obsessed with endlessly completing his paintings, the artist perpetually paints, keeping everything else out of mind.

Personal Skills:

Il Furioso A: He was known as Il Furioso, "The Furious" for his aggressive brushstrokes. This skill makes his brush strokes become harmful, the sheer intensity generating the paints that fuel his endless painting, and the paints perpetually attacking those who he paints and wishes to harm.

High-Speed Painting B: He was noted for his incredibly fast painting, which sublimates into this skill, allowing him to move his brushes far faster and creaate paintings far quicker, whether they be on a canvas or on someone.

Three Pencils B: He was once called having three pencils: one of gold, symbolizing his most incredible paintings, one of silver, symbolizing his average paintings, and one of iron, symbolizing his poor paintings. Every time he tries to paint he mentally picks up one of them randomly, causing his style to be differeent

Noble Phantasm(s):

Il Paradiso
    Heavenly Paradise Painting

Range: 10 meters
    Max Targets: 1 targets

The sublimation of his most famous painting, Il Paradiso, a painting of paradise which was extremely noted in its time. When its true name is called, one of tintoretto's brushes transforms into a much larger, glowing brush almost akin to a spear, which he launches forward, spiking the enemy with the power within.

Lore: Tintoretto (1518-1594) was a famous Italian painter noted for his aggressive brushstrokes, and his speed of painting, which were both admired and hated by his competitors. He was known as Il Furioso for his aggressive painting. His most famous painting was "Il Paradiso", which he was commissioned for due to the prior painting burning.

Personality: Obsessed with painting, he focuses on whomever will create the most beautiful painting from themselves, the most beautiful or interesting spirit he can paint onto them. He hates those who dislike art, viewing them as cretins. His wish is to be able to paint even faster, reaching paces close to the speed of sound.

Relationships:

Da Vinci: "Your art is impressive, but you will never beat me."

Caroline Lamb: "Mad love? Yes, yes, yes! Such an inspiration."

Andre le Notre: "Gardens? Interesting choice! Let's see what I can do, shall we?"

Ennigaldi: "You must want to preserve my paintings. One second."

Camille Claudel: "Life is fascinating. Art even more."

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle TQG Imaginatorious's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    “Dapeng could get rid of all evil in any area. Even the Monkey King was no match for it. During the Song dynasty the government was corrupt and foreigners were constantly invading China. Sakyamuni sent Dapeng down to earth to protect China.”
    Well that's ironic, sending out a bird that has once ate a entire country of people alongside his brothers to protect another country. Also, nooooooooo! The "Dapeng is stronger then Wukong" thing has even spread to the West now, what's next? The stone Wukong is born from is actually one of Nu Wa's stones? Damn you conspiracy theorists! (This is not directed towards you Hirihoh, just a rant)