Page 513 of 620 FirstFirst ... 13413463503508511512513514515518523563613 ... LastLast
Results 10,241 to 10,260 of 12385

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shezum3 View Post
    Gogol... is my favorite Russian-Ukrainian writer of the 19th century. I like his version of Berserker. I myself wanted to portray the writer as Rider, embodying the satirical side of his work. Do you mind if I do Rider-Gogol?
    Sure I don't mind at all And I'm so glad you like my sheet

Blog Entries

Foreigner - Voltaire

Foreigner of Reason

(by Fu-haru. Source)

“Servant… Foreigner, honestly? Alright, fair enough, I mocked the world, so perhaps it’s natural the world would mock my poor self in turn.”

True Name: Voltaire
    Alias: Francois-Marie Arouet, Arovet Li
    Alt. Classes: Avenger, Caster
    Source: History
    Region: France
    Catalyst: The original papers, not just for Candide, but for the Poem on the Lisbon Disaster specifically
    Armament: His quill and his own words. Could maybe muster some burns and explosions from lab equipment
    << Alt. Faceclaim>>

(Official art by Kadowaki Satoshi)

Character: “I can’t promise you the greatest ever Servant, but I can at least ensure competence and intelligence, which ought to qualify me for the higher tiers.”

One of the foremost figures, some have even argued the foremost figure, of the 18th century European Enlightenment, Voltaire was an ever-controversial writer and critic who spared few in his written attacks, the Church, the aristocracy, the slave trade, even the concept of optimism itself.

Slandering the government from a very young age, Voltaire (only just about to adopt that pen name) was thrown in the Bastille early in his writing career. It wouldn’t be until later in life that he would gain any acceptance from authority, such as becoming a favourite of the Prussian ruler Frederick the Great (though even they weren’t always on the best of terms).

Of course, it’d be wrong to think that Voltaire was only about what he hated, as much as he did hate what passed for authority in his time. He was staunchly in support of freedom of religion, freedom of speech, merit over lineage, and a constitutional monarchy over an absolutist one, virtues that have become more common today but were shocking and dangerous in his time.

He was also known for his close, if turbulent, relationship with Emilie du Chatelet, discoverer of the First Law of Thermodynamics. Chatelet once claimed they were childhood friends, though Voltaire seemed to forget that initial meeting. While they shared many common interests such as science (Newton moist of all), history, and literature, ultimately any love between them didn’t last, though they still maintained a professional and friendly collaboration.

Delving deep into uncharted knowledge as they did, both Voltaire and Chatelet stumbled across Outer Gods from beyond. But while Chatelet’s recorded historical death meant she escaped joining the ranks of the Foreigner Class, her closest brush being reverse manufacturing something akin the Colour out of Space, Voltaire was… not so fortunate.

What belief in the world as it was that Voltaire may have had was shattered by the 1855 Lisbon Earthquake, one of the deadliest earthquakes ever inflicted on humanity, which in turn sent a social quake throughout all Europe. It was this complete destruction of any faith in relief which caused Voltaire to see through the world’s own nature and to an entity known to some as the Demiurge, to others as Ubbo-Sathla, said to be the creator of all material life and keeper of all the Elder Gods’ knowledge. When Voltaire died an unknown death, even he could not renounce this Demiurge, for then he’d truly be alone in ‘death’.

Summoned as Foreigner, he went in expecting the world to be just as irrational as ever and was proven half-right. While the ideals he once fought for, free speech, freedom of religion, constitutional monarchy, meritocracy over lineage, are now hardly that new at all, idiocy and blind faith still aren’t going anywhere. That his ideology has become much more accepted does gladden him, but on the other hand, also makes him worried he may no longer really be needed in this world as he was back in the 18th century, that he’s been rendered redundant. Not that he’ll admit this out loud, of course.

He has his concerns about the Holy Grail War even existing, but at the same time can’t say he’s surprised that such a destructive thing would come about. He does assume his involvement is necessary though, thinking it will only end up more of a disaster if someone of his intelligence doesn’t intervene.

Attribute:
    Star
    Alignment: Chaotic Rational
    Likes: Free speech, freedom of religion, Newtonian physics, Eastern religions
    Dislikes: Church meddling in state affairs, divine meddling in human affairs, thoughtless optimism, earthquakes

Relationships

• Goethe: “Finally, a fellow beacon of reason, a few early hiccups aside. Still, I find end-of-story divine redemptions a little suspension of disbelief breaking.”
    • Kafka: “Well, young lady… I presume, I shall certainly keep you in mind whenever anyone complains I’m ‘too cynical’.”
    • Emilie du Chatelet: “Of course I knew you would qualify… but as a Saber? I suppose you did mention you trained in fencing, must’ve slipped by me given your knowledge of so much more.”
    • Cathy Morland: “Hmm, haunted mansion, murderers, hidden dungeons, tell me young lady, are you familiar with a little thing we call ‘evidence’? How about ‘proof’?”
    • Ataturk: “Hmm, perhaps a bit too much Rousseau inspiration for my liking, but certainly commendable nevertheless.”
    • Margaret Garner: “I wonder if certain people I could name would change their views, were they also forced to kill their children?”
    • Bolivar: “I’d congratulate you for being an attentive student, but still, to think the Enlightenment could ever lead to soemthing called ‘Decree of War to the Death’.”
    • Dorothy: “Why, your Oz does indeed sound like a ‘magical’ place… but please run along my dear, the grown-ups are talking.”
    • Marinette: “I’ll admit I struggle to defend France. Had our officials been reasonable from the start, perhaps the atrocities inflicted on Haiti could’ve been stopped pre-emptively. That said, I'll have to pass on your Vodou, I know veiled Catholicism when I see it.”
    • Orlando: “How tiring it must’ve been, grasping the Spirits of multiple Ages while I spent my whole life mastering but one. Also, I must question your choice of company. I mean, Alexander Pope, really?”

Master: As he got along with few in life, it would take a most particular Master to sync well with him. Preferably nobody too friendly with the Mages’ Association, definitely no Sacrament users, and of course someone not necessarily pessimistic, but certainly of rational temperament.
    Natural Enemy: Gottfried Leibniz and the Catholic Church
    Wish: That no divine being ever again intervenes in human affairs, neither traditional god nor eldritch horror.
    Keywords: Enlightenment, Free thought, Pessimism, Garden, Demiurge
    Rarity: 3/5

Parameters

• Strength: ***** E
    • Endurance: ***** D
    • Agility: ***** C
    • Magic: ***** C
    • Luck: ***** C → B
    • Noble Phantasm: ***** A

Class Skills

Divinity

Level of closeness to a Divine Spirit.

• Rank C: Comes not from any natural divinity but rather his connection with the Demiurge Ubbo-Sathla. Would inherently be a Rank higher but has decreased due to his dislike of organised religion and divine intervention.

Existence Outside the Domain

The sign of those from the world beyond, and those who have contracted with them.

• Rank A: Already a pessimist, any belief Foreigner had in the justness of any (non-deist) God, or that this could be the ‘best of all possible worlds’, was completely shattered by the 1755 Lisbon Earthquake, one of history’s most destructive. His mind as shattered as Lisbon was, it was that moment he saw through the ‘view of reality’ to stare right at the Demiurge beneath the Earth, keeper of the Elder Gods’ collective knowledge,

Personal Skills

Demon of Rationality

Value of logic and rationality above all, becoming able to nullify fate, theology, and mental interference at the cost of one’s own human nature.

• Rank A: Foreigner’s name is all but synonymous with ‘rationality’ as a concept, especially rationality as employed against the Church. At this point, he gains a Rank Up to Luck and immunity to all but the strongest sacraments. Just as well, for this Skill is a constant necessity for his mind to avoid being completely consumed by the Demiurge-inflicted madness.

Librarian of Knowledge (Eldritch)

Allows for a clear recall of knowledge through the Luck stat, even for events one wasn’t directly aware of… or that man was not meant to know.

• Rank A+: Already extremely knowledgeable, having owned one of the largest libraries of the age alongside Emilie du Chatelet. However, having contracted with the Demiurge and gained access to the collective knowledge of the Elder Gods, Foreigner now has access to ‘divine’ knowledge stretching back to long before he, or humanity, was even alive. Accessing the furthest extent of such knowledge requires a Sanity check.

Satirization

The user's observation causes other Noble Phantasms to lose power and transform into mocking imitations of themselves. At full power, legendary sacred swords become flabby rubber swords, unbreakable spears become like wooden chopsticks, and powerful laser beams become harmless light shows.

• Rank A: Foreigner is especially effective at mocking and weakening Sacraments and anything else of a Holy Christian nature but can also use this Skill to great effect against increasingly mystical, ‘non-scientific’ Phantasms (more technological Phantasms, not so much) as well as any with a strong basic in positive ideals like hope or justice.

Zeitgeist – Eighteenth Century

Going beyond simply observing an era, the Servant can instead be said to have defined and embodied the spirit of the era, thus can call upon any Skill associated with the time. Covers the eighteenth century specifically.

• Rank A: No less than Victor Hugo said that to know Voltaire is to know the 18th century. Has access to any Skill relevant to the Age of Enlightenment, such as Appreciation of the Arts, Rebellious Destiny, Eye of the Mind (True), Technique Elucidation, Human Observation, Hard Workers Are Rewarded, and so forth.

Noble Phantasms

Candide, ou L’Optimisme
    The Worst of All Possible Worlds

Type: Anti-Unit (though effects can go up to Anti-fortress), ‘Anti-Optimism’

By far Foreigner’s most infamous and influential work, a satirical story of a misfortune and disaster-filled random journey that fully expressed his skepticism towards philosophical and religious optimism. That the idea we lived in the ‘best of all possible worlds’ was not only callous in face of this world’s atrocities, but maddeningly nightmarish.

This Phantasm allows Foreigner to write events into his Target’s fate that would inflict misfortune, if not total disaster. His mind is imaginative enough that said misfortunes can vary wildly, from natural disasters to being ambushed to broken alliances to Phantasms rebounding. At the same time, he cannot simply write in any disaster he wants.

This Phantasm’s core concept requires these written events to go towards the intended goal of destroying the Target’s optimism and worldview. This means how devastating what Foreigner writes can be is proportional to how optimistic his Target is, be it about their chances of winning the War, or about the general goodness of the world. Being designed to shatter worldviews, the Phantasm even gains a Rank Up within others’ Reality Marbles. Only someone with no faith in themselves or the world would be completely immune to this Phantasm.

Incidentally, Demiurge Ubbo-Sathla is quite the fan of this Noble Phantasm, though not for the reasons Foreigner would want anyone to be. After all, terrible disasters that utterly demolish one’s pre-existing beliefs make it much easier for any Outer God to convert and enrapture those whose sanity has been destroyed.

Demiurgos
    The Invention of a New God in a New Eden

Type: ‘Divine’

“If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him”, so Foreigner’s famous quote goes. Ruthlessly critical as he was of established religions and European society and traditions, the thought of what we’d now call a ‘God is dead’ mentality still concerned him, feeling that mindset would only harm society and morality. To Foreigner, a world without God to provide moral standards and examples would be no world at all, and while the old order must be destroyed, there must be a new one in its place.

It is possible this search for a new God was what, to Foreigner’s regret, led him to Ubbo-Sathla in the first place. But with the foremost of Ubbo-Sathla’s powers as Demiurge being the creation of life itself, acting as a Primordial Sea or Garden of Eden (in Foreigner’s mind, an actual Garden of Eden this time round) from which any life form can emerge, they wield exactly the power that Foreigner can utilise to bring forth the ‘invention of God’.

Employing this ‘primordial Eden’, Foreigner can manufacture a new Divine Core from which is spawned the ‘new God’. Surprisingly, this new God actually starts off quite weak, needing to accumulate belief like mages accumulate mana to realise and grow to its full power. However, as a deist it is not Foreigner’s intent that this should be any authoritative or judgment-dealing God, but rather an exemplary God existing to serve as a blueprint for what humanity ought to aspire to. And yet, the best laid plans…

It has been remarked that this Phantasm is similar in nature to what the poet and artist William Blake could be capable of as a Servant. However, as Blake quite unlike foreigner was firmly anti-Enlightenment, it is likely either Servant’s implementation of such a power would be quite different.

Blog Entries

Source: Mizaeltengu

Class: Lancer
    Other Classes: N/A
    True Name: Sigrid the Haughty
    Alignment: Neutral Evil
    Place of Origin: Sweden (10th Century)
    Stars: 2/5

Parameters:

STR: D
    END: B
    AGI: C
    MGI: D
    LCK: C
    NP: B

Height: 180cm
    Weight: 140lbs
    Dislikes: Insolent people, imperfection
    Talent: "Making Suitors Unwilling To Court"
    Natural Enemy: Louis XI, Yeongsangun
    Attribute: Earth
    Traits: Female, Humanoid, Weak to Enuma Elish
    Armament: A spear, glowing red
    Catalyst: A bracelet made of brass and plated with gold

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance C: Normally this would be rank E as she never encountered magic, but her sheer will to be the queen ranks this up to rank C.

Personal Skills:

Prophetess C: She was noted as "prophetic of many things and the wisest of women", especially by Snorri. This enables her to gain a minor precognition tool akin to a high ranked Instinct. However, in non-battle situations it becomes even more effective, expanding from brief moments to hours.

Elegant Mannerisms B+: She was noted for her extremely elegant mannerisms, which were some of the ways she attracted the unwanted attention of her suitors. So she utilized it to her advantage, setting things up so that they would not suspect anything until they were trapped. This manifests in a skill which causes her to gain supernatural dexterity and reflexes to make for the perfect elegance, which also exerts a charm effect on those who see it.

Storrada B: She was known as Storrada, Of the Great Undertakings, after she burned away her suitors. This manifests as a skill which enhances her within any things counted as "great undertakings", massive challenges, in her case they tend to be in battle, for she is treated as "having experience with it".

Noble Phantasm(s):

Trott pa Uppvakta
    Making Them Unwilling To Court

Type: Bounded Field
    Range: 30 meters
    Max Targets: 100

The sublimation of her burning of the castle and killing of anyone who tried to leave. This manifests in the form of a spear constantly appearing like it is licking with flame. When its true name is activated, she draws a Bounded Field that immediately bursts into flames at grow the greater the targets' love for her is. In addition, if any being leaves the Field, she gains a Rank-Up to stats against them and the flames solidify on her spear.

Gyllene Massing
    This May Some Day Be Thy Doom

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 10 meters
    Max Targets: 1

The sublimation of her grudge against Olaf Trygvasson, which was caused by his awful attempts at seducing her and lead to her leading an army to sink him. This manifests as the two huge brass gauntlets surrounding her hands. When the true name is called, titanic water vortexes emerge from it in the shape of huge hands, seizing targets and causing them to sink in the seas.

Lore: Sigrid the Haughty (967-1014) was a queen of Sweden who showed up in several Norse Sagas. She was noted for her beauty and wisdom, and her prophetess powers. When two kings, Harald and Visavaldr, came down to try to marry her, she sent them courteously to a guest palace which she then, courteously, set on fire and stabbed anyone who tried to escape. Then Olaf Trygvasson tried to marry her, but his first gift (A golden gauntlet) turned out to be merely plated brass and when she refused to convert to christianity he slapped her in her face with a glove. So she calmly stated "This may mean your doom" and then made it so, causing him to be thrown off the boat tied to rocks.

Personality: A serene and elegant person normally to almost everyone. However, to suitors, she becomes quite a bit more vicious and cruel, if they can't back up their claims beginning to attack, and liars who remind her of Trygvasson will immediately get drowned. Her wish is to no longer attract suitors.

Relationships:

Louis XI: "A manipulative spider? Of course that's here."

Lola Montez: "Spider Dance? What is that?"

Marozia: "I see the darkness looming beneath you, oh child of the light."

Huascar: "I think we're going to get along just fine."

Yeongsangun: "You're my worst suitors all over again, aren't you? Fine. I suppose if I can't stop you by elegance, time for force."

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I am not a fan of your Foreigners, Nails.
    They lack flair and interest. You concentrate too much on the flimsy "uncertain death" thing that was thrown in by FGO and was discarded soon after anyway.
    And the reasons why Servant X of all people is connected to God Y feels random. Like anyone couldve been the vessel for them. They lack the creepy factor. Voltaire feels like voltaire. We get to know nothing of interest of US and their effect on voltaire.
    This sheet feels like a "i make a foreigner sheet just because." Which i dislike. You want to leave the reader with the impression of "of course they are class X, it has to be!" Especially Foreigners need that. Else the perception is the outer god is a convenient way to powerwank and make a servant stand out - without standing out.
    Outer Gods are good tools to portray the struggle of people and amplify them as servants. And i try to make the themes between them fit.
    As i said from the get go.
    Creating a Foreigner is basically making sheets for two.
    You make a Servant in which an Outer God cameos.
    Thats my opinion, do with it as you will.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Gogol: He is my favourite writer ever. I am happy you made a servant a sheet of him, and a good one at that. I too had a thought of making him a Berserker, so nice going jish. Also, no use Viy? I am veeery disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shezum3 View Post
    Gogol... is my favorite Russian-Ukrainian writer of the 19th century. I like his version of Berserker. I myself wanted to portray the writer as Rider, embodying the satirical side of his work. Do you mind if I do Rider-Gogol?
    Mind if I also make a Gogol servant?
    Last edited by ThreadNomad; November 12th, 2022 at 04:51 AM.

夜属 Nightkin
    Blog Entries
    Of course. As they say - more Gogols for the god of Gogols! What class will you give him?

Foreigner, but I am afraid of DelRey crucifying me for the sole reason of it being shit quality.
    Last edited by ThreadNomad; November 12th, 2022 at 06:59 AM.

Blog Entries
    Bruh
    Dw, i am more lenient to newcomers and their first foreigners
    Its just that everytime i saw a Foreigner from Nails, something has been nagging me

University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

失敗作の神 God of Failed Work Spelror's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    to be fair

if for every servant I have co-authored or written that has made literature and has been turned into a rider gives me a penny, I would have two pennies, which isn't much but weird that I have two.

Thanks hubby, your reassurance helps me very much.
    Last edited by ThreadNomad; November 12th, 2022 at 07:46 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ThreadNomad View Post
    Gogol: He is my favourite writer ever. I am happy you made a servant a sheet of him, and a good one at that. I too had a thought of making him a Berserker, so nice going jish. Also, no use Viy? I am veeery disappointed.
    I'm so glad you like the sheet! I omitted Viy because Viy himself doesn't feel central enough to Gogol to manifest through that and at the time Viy was supposedly still working with the Romanovs.

Blog Entries

Source: Madame Red

Class: Assassin
    Other Classes: N/A
    True Name: Shirley Jackson
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Place of Origin: America (20th Century)
    Stars: 2/5

Parameters:

STR: D
    END: C
    AGI: C
    MGI: C
    LCK: C
    NP: B

Height: 184cm
    Weight: 108lbs
    Dislikes: Talking about herself
    Talent: Writing
    Natural Enemy: Nikolai Gogol
    Attribute: Man
    Traits: Humanoid, Female, Weak to Enuma Elish
    Armament: A pen
    Catalyst: The Lottery

Class Skills:

Presence Concealment B: She was extremely reclusive in her later life, refused to talk about herself, often hid the true perspectives of her stories extremely effectively, and some of her works weren't discovered till almost 40 years after her death. THis has all fused into a powerful ability to hide her presence.

Personal Skills:

We Have Always Lived In The Castle A: One of her most famous works, We Have Always Lived In The Castle, her final work, a Gothic mystery where it's revealed that the main protagonist murdered her family. This manifests as a skill which enables her to poison food akin to how the protagonist poisoned sugar.

False Tradition C: A lot of her works discussed false tradition that extended so far back that the reason had vanished. This enables her to cause other reasons to vanish, removing the cause for some actions, although this only lasts for a short time as a skill. This is useful to daze and disorient those who she fights.

Architectural Gene B: In a lot of her works, the buildings were almost themselves characters in their own right, with Jackson accrediting it to an "architectural gene" which is passed down her family. This grants her Eye for Art (Architecture) at the same rank, as well as makes every building she's in become more like a "horror building".

Noble Phantasm(s):

The Haunting of Hill House
    Spectral Center, Or Is It?

Type: Bounded Field
    Range: 20 meters
    Max Targets: 100 targets

The sublimation of one of her most famous works, the Haunting of Hill House, which is one of the most classic "Haunted House" Works. However, notably, almost all of the supernatural phenomena comes back to one of the protagonists, Eleanor, as opposed to the house itself, leading to the possibility that the house itself was never supernatural. When the true name is called, a bounded field expands around her. Within it, she gains powerful telekinesis, becoming able to control objects at her will and produce supernatural phenomena. But this isn't the main usage. As others stay within, they become "bonded" to it, and slowly lose willingness to leave, becoming sealed in with her and her phenomena.

The Lottery
    A Scapegoat For Our Sins

Range: 5 meters
    Max Targets: 15 targets

The sublimation of her most famous work, The Lottery, in which a village performs a lottery which has them stone to death one member of the village every year. When the true name is called, Shirley manifests the lottery itself, randomly marking a person within as being the "only sinner" and cleansing the rest, before barraging the marked person with stones that grow in power based on the weight of the sins. A cousin to that which marked Angra Mainyu. However, she will usually refuse to use this noble phantasm.

Lore: Shirley Jackson (1916-1965) was a famous American writer noted for her horror and mystery works, with her most famous and first big success being The Lottery. Other famous ones include We Have Always Lived In The Castle and The Haunting of Hill House. In her later life she became extremely reclusive.

Personality: A bouncy and cheerful person. She loves to tell jokes and tell stories. She hates talking about herself and people asking questions about her. She tends to prefer to not battle if in any way possible. Her wish for the Grail is for people to not talk about her, only her work.

Relationships:

Nikolai Gogol: "Oh, poor soul, so maddened by those... foolish individuals."

Helen Taft: "A soiree? I'd love... oh actually I think I cannot come."

Sigrid the Haughty: "Drowning? What?"

Nana Asma'u: "What a lovely idea! I'd love to join!"

Fukuda Chiyo-ni: "Morning glory vines? Are they really good writing tools?"

Blog Entries
    Migrating over from GaS is the White Feather Archer!

ARCHER

“Life is all around us. It ain’t hurt to take a moment and just listen. You might be surprised by what it has to say.”

FIRST OF THE MATAGI
    MANJI MANZABURO

General Information

Alias: First of the Matagi, The Original Hunter, Monkey King of Tohoku
    Pronouns: He/Him
    H/W: 165 cm/60 kg
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Attribute: Earth
    Region: Japan
    Source: Matagi Founding Myth
    Armaments: A sleek, white wooden bow
    Catalyst: The pelt of an old antelope

Parameters

STR: C
    END: B
    AGL: B
    MAG: C
    LUK: C
    NP: A

Class Skills

Magic Resistance B Although this rank should be lower, the blessings of a certain god bolsters this skill somewhat.
    Independent Action B The first hunter of the Matagi, who lived alone at the foot of Mt. Nikko. This rank should be higher, but Matagi hunting methods were derived from him, part of which dictates that one should never go hunting alone.

And although he doesn’t talk about it, he did once hunt together with someone close to him.

Personal Skills

Ways of the Matagi EX A skill which contains the collective teachings and knowledge of Matagi culture. Not only is Archer the progenitor, but it could be said that he embodies Matagi culture itself, so he has this at an exceptional rank. Manji has a mastery of Matagi rituals and ways of life that come together to make him a highly-ranked hunter, unmatched in Japan.

The most common expression of this skill is within the material, such as the creation of traps and poisons, but Archer simultaneously possesses concepts of hunting like patience and a sharp eye. A damage bonus against those with animalistic attributes is also found in this skil
    Protection of the Land God A The favor of the white deer god of Nikko, who sought out his unparalleled skill to defeat the giant snake god of Akagi. It grants Archer a bonus to AGI and STR when invoked, as well as an uncanny ability to maneuver the environment. It can be compared to a level of ‘instinct’ that is embroiled into the hunter’s very steps.
    Akita Dog C The Matagi claim the origins of the Akita dog, which accompany them on their bear hunts. These dogs are famous for their bravery, willing to hunt down animals far larger than itself. Such claims are nested with the progenitor of the Matagi, so he gains this skill as a representation of it. However, the skill is lowered because Archer never hunted with such a dog himself.

Archer can summon a familiar which takes the form of a white-coated Akita dog. It has senses higher than that of a regular dog, and is considered a Phantasmal Beast on its own. This familiar is lively enough to consider it as having its own personality, though it doesn’t seem like Archer has come up with a good name for it yet.

Noble Phantasm

Divine Power of Onamuchi’s White Feather
    Onamuchi-no-Jintsuu-no-Shiraha

大己貴命の神通の白羽

Range: 0-99
    Max Targets: 1 Person

“‘Take these feathers and protect the land.’

That was the easiest choice I’ve ever had to make!”

To defeat the Akagi God, Manzaburo received from Onamuchi-no-Mikoto a divine bow and two divine arrows. He wields them as a matter of course.

The bow is a weapon cloaked in divine favor. Arrows fired in it follow the intent of its archer as if the wind were guiding it, allowing Manzaburo to make impossible shots through the varied wilderness of the landscape. Furthermore, weapons from his bow carry a quality of divinity that allows it to pierce most defenses.

However, the true nature of this Noble Phantasm are the two divine arrows, the White Feathers of Onamuchi. These feathers manifest upon a True Name release, possessing the concept of ‘hunting’ itself. That is, once a mark has been made, Manzaburo will always find it no matter what. These were feathers created with the express purpose of defeating a rivaling God, and so has bonuses against Divinities as well as those within an animalistic form.

The moment the feather leaves Manzaburo’s bow, it will find itself piercing his target. A hunter never fires a shot that will miss. That is the essence of this Noble Phantasm.

There is, however, a unique property to this Noble Phantasm. Although he was granted two feathers, Manzaburo only needed one to defeat his enemy. And past this encounter, Manzaburo never needed to fire this remaining feather. The concept of ‘defeating a God in one shot’ has therefore been sublimated into the second arrow as ‘what could have killed a God in a second shot.’

In short, the second activation of this Noble Phantasm is many more times powerful than the first. As the intended target was a God of the Mountain, the second shot’s type is reclassified as an Anti-Mountain Noble Phantasm. However, once it has been activated a second time, it cannot be activated again.

Noble Phantasm

Original Hunter’s Scroll
    Yamadachi Konpon Maki

山立根本巻

Type: Anti-Land
    Range: All Nature
    Max Targets:

“I am the First of the Matagi. When it comes down to it, that’s the legend I’ve been saddled with.

And I will carry it through. Nothing goes wasted: that is the way of the land.”

As a reward for his bravery, and a recognition of Manzaburo’s skill as an unparalleled hunter, Onamuchi-no-Mikoto onto him this scroll.

It is the permission to hunt in all the mountains of Japan. No authority then and then-on would have the ability to turn him or his descendants away, so long as this scroll was possessed. Versions of this scroll still exist today, and are still respected by the Japanese government for the few remaining Matagi that upkeep their hunter’s tradition.

Manzaburo possesses the original scroll, the root of all hunters. But the truth is…

That it is completely mundane.

What this Noble Phantasm truly represents is the moniker of ‘The Original Hunter.’ Original, not because he was the first, but the beginning of what would be recognized as true hunting in Japan. He trumps all other forms of Japanese hunting, and is a master of the land comparable to Onamuchi-no-Mikoto himself.

As it is the state of his very being, Manzaburo has this Noble Phantasm active at all times. It forms in the steps he walks, the way he kills his prey, the simple act of living within nature. If one were to consider Manzaburo as ‘one who has mastered Japan’s lands’, then lands he masters also become ‘the land which the Matagi have mastered.’ One could think of it as a highly advanced Territory Creation formed by the divine blessing of Onamuchi-no-Mikoto, the creation of ‘a land for the Matagi to live within.’

Announcing its True Name allows Manzaburo to immediately master the land around him by simply touching it, learning every single detail while simultaneously ripping away territorial advantages for the enemy. It goes without saying that land which is considered the Matagi’s becomes his home ground, making him an exceptional threat within it.

There is another function for this Noble Phantasm. However, there is a strict condition on its activation. If Manzaburo were summoned in Japan, a land which he has already mastered, though…

Personality

“M’just a hunter. A good one, but a hunter no less. Compared to those other big-time heroes I ain’t sure I can do much, but when it comes to hunting…”

Manji Manzaburo does not just love nature, but his way of life. He loves the way he feels when he breathes in the air, and the smell of hare cooking on a spit. He loves knowing the way bears move, and the songs of birds he has come to memorize through sheer proximity. Life, to Manzaburo, is the construction of all these small things, piled up on top of each other to create experience. And it is experience which he fights to protect, the way of life which everyone deserves. Even for those departed from it, Manzaburo wants the place he loves to stay so that anyone could return when they should so choose.

Accordingly, Manzaburo is like a boiling pot of emotion, just about always bursting. Even though he keeps himself masked, his body and language shoots out of him, so much so that it’s difficult for him to keep things under wraps. By all accounts Manzaburo is a terrible liar, and it is just about impossible to get him to do things he doesn’t want.

He does have many little pet peeves, and gets annoyed fairly quickly by people he disagrees with, but he also sees that as a facet of experience. It is unfortunate that he is returned as part of this Grail War, for he’d love a chance to have conversation with all these different people. However he recognizes he can ramble sometimes, and often gets preoccupied with showing off… That is the pride of a hunter after all.

Legend

There once lived a man at the foot of Mt. Nikko. His life was quiet and lonely, but he was revered by all those who knew him as the greatest hunter they had ever seen. That man’s name was Manji Manzaburo.

And he wasn’t the greatest because he killed the most animals, or moved through the most land, or was the swiftest with the bow. No, he was the greatest because of his kindness. He loved animals, plants, and all that nature bore. Manzaburo himself was born of nature, and so he loves himself. Naturally he loves people, and the gods and spirits which live among them all.

An overflowing kindness for the whole world, and the cycle within which all people live. That was the kind of heart Manzaburo had. And although Manzaburo was detached from society, his own practices and rituals were so genuine that they earned the recognition of those around him. So genuine, in fact, that when trouble stirred between two gods, it was Manzaburo who was sought after for aid.

The God of Nikko did not even need to introduce himself to Manzaburo. He knew right away to whom he was speaking. Not that he could have known through religious familiarity, but the way someone recognizes their own home after spending so much time in it. The God of Nikko was the land itself, Onamuchi-no-Mikoto, and Manzaburo had been best friends with the land for ages.

Manzaburo also did not need to be told of the stirring trouble. It was easy for Manzaburo to accept, all he needed to hear was, ‘The land needed help’, a truth he knew fundamentally to be true. With white bow in hand, and two divine feathers by his side, he stood up to the raging God of Akagi bravely. The enemy was soon repelled, and Onamuchi-no-Mikoto bestowed upon him a scroll of the highest authority, that of the land. It ordered that Manji Manzaburo, and all his descendents, were exempt from all laws and restrictions in regards to hunting grounds, and could hunt on any mountain in Japan, and claim all its game.

It was an act of utter trust. And Manzaburo honored that trust firmly. Through him he founded the Matagi, a cultural group of hunters who revere the cycle of life and humanity’s place within it. They do not hunt, but also live within the world. His greatest lesson: be kind to the world.

Manzaburo faded away with the land, his life returning to the nature from whence it came. No other end exists which could have been more fitting.
    It's winter in Sapporo. And as the weather stirs, so too does a new Holy Grail War.

Fate/UpRise
    Character Compendium
    Story - Ch. 3

Plains of "Dwelving in lore, but barely scratching the true surface"
    Totally unrelated to the current sheets, but I just wanted to confirm something. What is the policy here about multiple sheets in one post ? (Asking because I have ideas for a duo that would go together but they are two separate Servants with separate sheets, and one whom I might make multiple classes for)
    We don't need sanity where we're going !

Blog Entries
    The policy is "don't".

You can if you must, but generally, it's better to just use links. Too many sheets in one post will result in them not being included in the index.

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marethyu77 View Post
    What is the policy here about multiple sheets in one post?
    I remember back in the day it was generally frowned upon since it made things harder to catalogue, but I think people have eased up on it since

Blog Entries
    As one who compiles, pls dont
    I think the window in which two consecutive posts are forcefully merged are 10min.
    Just wait for a bit and post the 2nd sheet

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I recall once upon a time the index'ers got annoyed with me because I had two sheets ready to go yet because I had posted them within ten minutes of each other, which of course unintentionally causes the post-merge function to activate and thus they became one post.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Plains of "Dwelving in lore, but barely scratching the true surface"
    Thanks for the answer, I'll be careful

Now I just need to pick which one of my Servants in project I should send here next
    We don't need sanity where we're going !

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NailsInYourFeet View Post
    I think people have eased up on it since
    Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    The policy is "don't".
    Perfect timing.