Page 577 of 620 FirstFirst ... 77477527567572575576577578579582587 ... LastLast
Results 11,521 to 11,540 of 12396

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamera View Post
    What you're doing, all these chain posting in general, it is just bad forum etiquette, borderline spamming I'd say. Give others some thread space to post and some time to digest and interact with your own posts.
    Oh i'm really sorry

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I kind of feel what Kamera is talking about heck, I posted a sheet in the middle of Jishara's chain post, and it got buried. I wanted to ask in the feedback thread, but Dreamless was still waiting for his Feedback on Hatfield, but I don't really have any comments on it, yet maybe I should post a thing or two. To keep the ball rolling on that thread as well. Though I just don't want it to sound forced.

Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    hmm. I can see another angle. I think the bar is set higher and higher. Sheets become longer, more complicated and intricate. This takes time. It takes longer than coming up with new ideas one wants to do someday.
    Then comes a contest along that gives you a reason to make that long sheet finally happen. And that takes up your limited time you have and couldve spent on sheets belonging in CaS3.
    Guess A Servant, Stat This and Schlock War do the rest. If one interacts with the community, one has to divide his attention somewhere.
    I agree with this. Back when CaS first started, not only was Type-MOON information limited, but there just wasn't a ton of material. There was Fate/stay Night, there was Tsukihime, and there were two or three spinoffs each. This left a lot of room for people to just do whatever they wanted. But now, not only are we glutted with Type-MOON content, but we're also glutted with Nasuverse worldbuilding, which means there's more and more information that people feel they need to take into account when they're writing. Plus, FGO is constantly putting out new Servants, which drains the pool of potential figures to use. All these pressures generally produce higher quality sheets, but these sheets also take much more effort, especially with things like the Collapse Tag trend and heavy story elements. And when you're putting that much effort into something, it helps to have something specific to focus on, like a contest topic. Hence the increased predominance of Monthly CaS in comparison to original flavor CaS.

Or at least that's my perspective.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ismail2002 View Post
    I kind of feel what Kamera is talking about heck, I posted a sheet in the middle of Jishara's chain post, and it got buried. I wanted to ask in the feedback thread, but Dreamless was still waiting for his Feedback on Hatfield, but I don't really have any comments on it, yet maybe I should post a thing or two. To keep the ball rolling on that thread as well. Though I just don't want it to sound forced.
    Your Fatima looks fine. The personality is well fleshed-out and Skills mostly fitting. It's worth noting Eternal Arms Mastery is meant for warriors who were unrivaled in their era. I'm not sure if that really describes Fatima (don't know how famous she is in the Islamic World for one thing), much less at such a high rank. The NP has some cool and evocative imagery but makes me think there wasn't much in her legend to create a suitable NP if you had to reach for the vague "condensation of her legend" angle. I also noticed you switch between first and third-person erratically sometimes in her Lore section.

And I think the Feedback thread is deader than this one by now. I posted my John Gomez in it before Dreamerless and got nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

What you're doing, all these chain posting in general, it is just bad forum etiquette, borderline spamming I'd say. Give others some thread space to post and some time to digest and interact with your own posts.
    To be fair I think the "chain-posting" is really more a result of others just not using this thread very often. I'm not sure if waiting would really invite people to contribute between posts.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Thank you for the Feedback, Royd; I thought I change all of it to a first-person view. Thanks for spotting those errors, but yeah, I have been listening to an Audiobook version of her tale, don't worry. The tale was dated back to the 12th century, so I know this isn't a modern book. But in the story, she was never defeated in combat, not even once, and she has a life of it with the constant raiding, so that is why I gave her the Eternal Arms Mastery Skill and at such a high rank. As for the NP, yeah, you are right on that front as I listened to her tale, it became clear that there is not a lot of supernatural element in them. There is no Excalibur equivalent or some sort of legendary blessing. Much of her feats translate better as skills instead, so that is why I went with the "condensation of her legend" angle in her NP. I even briefly put a spotlight on it in her Bond CE. Compared to most epics, hers is by far the tamest of them all.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle MuramasaMachII's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thou, sinful humankind. Even if thou vieweth thyselves as guilty, I deem thee worthy of the Father’s light.
    Come, and embrace… Rapture.

⏴Saver⏵
    The Stone Of Revelations
    Símon-Pétros of Rome
    Stage 1 - 3:

Final Ascension:

Class: Saver
    Alternate Classes: Saber, Ruler, Rider
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Origin: Greece, Rome, The New Testament
    Attribute: Heaven
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Strength: B
    Endurance: A
    Agility: D
    Mana: C++
    Luck: B
    NP: EX
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~⏴Extra Stuff⏵~
    Dislikes: Rome, people who say they aren’t worth saving, Beasts
    Natural Enemy: Beast VI, failure popes, "Them."
    Catalyst: The Book of Revelations being read in Rome

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~Class Skills~

Charisma A

The class Skill of the Saver class. Known as the first Pope in both the Catholic and Eastern Christian traditions, it is no wonder that Saver’s words carry a charm that could charm not just a whole country, but rather a whole religion. His very breaths seem to inspire hope in those who see him, especially if they are Jewish or Christian. At this rank, Saver can be called "the greatest level of popularity for a human being".

Counter-Hero C+

The other class Skill for Savers. At this rank, it reduces all of his opponents’ parameters by one rank, with a certain exception. This exception is that if they are considered a "Threat to Christianity"( ie. a certain Empress of Rome known for persecuting Christians), the bonus applies, lowering the opponent’s parameters by two ranks instead of one.

"His Chosen people must be protected, and as such I will be their foundation and shield."

Divinity C+

The marker of a Heroic Spirit being a demigod or an incarnated Divine Spirit. For Saver, not only is he considered one of the greatest Saints, but he walked alongside the man known as ‘The Son of God’ for most of his life. Finally, as the figure known for "guarding the gates of Heaven", Saver seems to have increased Divinity and obtained certain aspects of hisTeacher, mainly since he is likely an emissary of said Teacher.

"Since my
    Lord
    Rabbi
    has not arrived yet, it is only fitting that I am his emissary to spread words of the new Paradise."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~◂Personal Skills▸~Principis Apostolorum A++

The Prince of the Apostles, a papal title given specifically to Saver. A Skill that is seemingly an enhanced version of the Protection of the Faith skill, which disables mental interference and other smaller abilities through the absoluteness of the mind and body born through zeal. This Skill is in reality, much more than that. Firstly, symbolising the fact that the Papal States were at a time one of the richest regions of the world, the Golden Rule Skill is included at the B rank. Secondly and finally, this Skill can crystallise into a simple ring on Saver’s hand known simply as "The Ring of the Fisherman". This ring’s main ability is that by allowing an ally to kiss his ring, he can conceptually make them his "Cardinal", granting them two main abilities. Firstly, the ally gains the Golden Rule Skill as well, though at the rank of C. Most importantly though is that by becoming a "Cardinal" they can gain a limited and ranked down usage of Saver’s first Noble Phantasm.

"Doest thou swear to pray for this world, to hold to truth in every step, and to follow Him even in the shadow of death? If so, then kneel and become my Cardinal."

Petrine Keys of Heaven and Hell
    Vicarius Iesu Christi
    EX

A Skill relating to Saver’s dominion over Heaven and Earth as stated in Matthew 16:19 that has been enhanced by a certain verse in the Book of Revelations, that being Revelations 1:18. As such, this Skill has various effects. Firstly, Saver can summon the very symbols of the Papacy, the Keys of Providence, in the form of Black Keys, as armaments. Since Saver has dominion over both Heaven and Hell, they are incredibly effective against spiritual entities, and can paralyse weaker ones through the fact that the Pope can "bind on Heaven whatever is bound on Earth". The true form of this Skill however, is actually two tattoos of the Petrine cross located on Saver(one on each hand), where he can store the Black Keys. His hands in particular can "loose on Earth whatever is set loose in Heaven"; in other words, Saver can momentarily summon minor divine phenomena, especially those related to the Book of Revelations. Examples could be a shockwave from the angels with trumpets and summoning beam-like projectiles from the "angel armies in Heaven".

You of Little Faith… A

A direct quote to a scene in the Bible where Saver walked on the waters with the Son of God, where the Messiah said "You of little faith, why are you so afraid?" to Saver. As such, this Skill functions as a localised version of the Miracle skill, focused around "walking on the impossible". Because of this, by focusing his mana around his feet, Saver can walk on just about everything, whether it be stormy seas, the wind, or a borderline 90 degree angle. There is one limitation though, that being Saver cannot walk on any object for more than ten minutes at a time, as a representation of him doubting and falling into the waters. In a different
    Servant Class
    stage of life
    however, this Skill would reach its high state of usage and power.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Noble Phantasm(s)

Πέτρος ναός- אני הגוף-י אבן
    My Body is His Foundation - Upon Me is the Church
    Pétros Naós - Ani Haguf-yi Even

Type: Anti-Unit(Self) / Anti-Team(Self)

A constantly active Noble Phantasm which exists in all of Saver’s different
    Servant Classes
    Incarnations
    , although under different True Names representing which stage of life Saver has been summoned as. They can be collectively called
    Cephas
    Rock of the Word
    , with each version focusing on specific types of defensive prowess. In Saver’s case, his defence against attacks with the Demonic attribute or that are caused by enemies with the Evil alignment has been increased to the point where said attacks will only do two thirds as much damage at the maximum, with attacks of C+ rank or lower will only do one third as much damage. On release of the True Name, Saver effectively gains the Territory Creation Skill, although it is closer to a Bounded Field centred around Saver. In a 12 metre radius(coincidentally, 12 is the number of apostles Yeshua had), all individuals included are given the same passive effects as Saver through this Noble Phantasm, but increased threefold. In exchange though, throughout the whole usage of this Noble Phantasm, he is pinned down to the ground in a kneeling position to keep this technique active. This is because, according to Saver, “I have become their foundation, their solid ground, their Rock. While this is Saver’s main Noble Phantasm, there seems to be another which is sealed away, only to be used in the most dire of circumstances.

"The end is now, the One embraces All. In nomine Patris, et Filis, et Spiritu Sancti…spare your children, O’ Father—Gloria Sponsae Agni Dei."

Incarnation of the New Paradise
    Gloria Sponsae Agni Dei

Type: Anti-Purge

A Noble Phantasm which only exists in St. Peter’s Saver incarnation, the summoning of the New Jerusalem, as seen in the book of Revelations. While this would seem impossible especially for a figure of Saver’s qualities, the reason why is actually shown in his name,and the meaning of the Church. St. Peter is seen as the first Pope, leader of the Catholic Church. The Church can technically be seen as the ‘New Jerusalem’ through the fact that it became a theoretical ‘paradise’ for Christians all around. Moreover, St. Peter received his name as the solid foundation for Yeshua’s teachings, and his spiritual Church. As such, he can be conceptually considered as ‘the foundation for New Jerusalem’. On release of the True Name, Saver places his Black Keys against his chest in the shape of a Petrine cross, causing a shockwave of golden mana before the City of God manifests. As a Noble Phantasm, it has high-ranking Anti-Purge and Anti-Divine defences. Moreover, anyone inside the city is affected with the same defences, with a bonus to their attack power if they are Christian. Finally, as a Broken Phantasm, this Noble Phantasm can momentarily convert its defensive prowess into an attack stat, dealing a crucifix-shaped beam with the Anti-Evil effect that scales with the amount of people inhabiting Gloria Sponsae Agni Dei. Saver calls this ability
    O’ Ave Crux
    Incarnating Heaven’s Will
    . However, while this may be an incredibly strong Noble Phantasm, it is not without weaknesses, there being two. Said weaknesses are that A. this Noble Phantasm in an instance where Human Order is considered to be on its last stretch, and B. As long as this technique is active, Saver is paralyzed in the centre of the city, acting as its foundation.

Summoned Appearance

~Quotes and Relationships~

Grigori Rasputin
    Kirei Kotomine
    (Alter Ego)
    : "Thine honeyed tongue does not deceive me, serpent. I see the
    Angra Mainyu
    Devil
    within thy soul. Still,
    Yorokobe, Gi no Shisai
    rejoice, false priest
    , for you shall meet God today.

Johannes Kepler(MoonCancer) "While he may practise
    Astromancy Magecraft
    the art of the Arabic pagans
    , he is still a devout follower."

???(???): *Saver does not speak, but rather gives a glare filled with rage that a Saint should not have.*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Craft Essence

At the End of a Journey

"Though I am now viewed as a great man, and the Founder of the Church... O' Father, I feel like I am still unworthy of your might. An upside down cross is better for a fool like me."

Author's Note: This was a sheet I was going to post for the Monthly Contest, but life happened so I finished it late. And yes, I will eventually explain what
    Them
    ???
    is.

Blog Entries

Class: Caster
    Other Classes: N/A
    True Name: Olimpia Maidalchini
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Place of Origin: Papal States (16th Century)
    Stars: 4/5

Parameters:

STR: D
    END: C
    AGI: C
    MGI: B
    LCK: C
    NP: A

Height: 176cm
    Weight: 110lbs
    Dislikes: The rumors around her
    Talent: Intelligence
    Natural Enemy: Pope Julius II
    Attribute: Man
    Traits: Humanoid, Female, Weak to Enuma Elish
    Armament: A golden crucifix
    Catalyst: The portrait of her

Class Skills:

Item Construction (Fake) EX: Subsumed within Caster's Noble Phantasm.

Territory Creation B: The capability to create a "papal office". Due to it technically not suiting her, it works for her on par with a workshop.

Personal Skills:

Popemaker B: The sublimation of Caster's work to get Pope Innocent X on the throne. With him starting from a mere monsignor, Caster caused him to rise in the ranks through careful bribes and use of influence, eventually even bribing the cardinals to elect him. The capacity to grant someone the status of a "pope", granting them magecraft based in the Roman Catholic traditions, along with the capacity to use sacraments.

Power Behind The Throne A: Caster was well-known as the power behind the throne to Pope Innocent X, with her making most of the decisions for him. Naturally, this manifests into a skill. The one that Caster denotes "pope" is viewed as a low-tier Caster class servant, achieving rank-ups in statistics to be able to pretend to be a very weak Caster while the actual Caster schemes, viewed as merely the "master".

Pay Up B: The sublimation of her forcing the aristocracy to pay her vast amounts of money to be permitted to speak with the pope. This tended to happen through gambling games which diplomats tried as hard as they could to lose so that they would spend enough. The capacity to extract Mana from a target through Caster's words, naturally working on those words of her Master as well.

Noble Phantasm(s):

All Wealth Is My Wealth
    My Power Is That Of Money

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 100 meters
    Max Targets: 100 targets

The sublimation of the time that Caster stole the entire contents of the Vatican Treasury. This didn't merely include vast quantities of wealth equivalent to Golden Rule B, but also sacraments and relics that Caster uses as her primary weapons. When the true name of this noble phantasm is called, Caster manifests vast quantities of relics, ranging from Black Keys to the blood of saints, using it to smite the enemy with the wrath of the Vatican. As an alternate usage, Caster can absorb parts of a target's treasury as long as they have Golden Rule or a noble phantasm storing weapons or items.

Heaven Will See You Now
    For Prayer, For Peace, For Prosperity

Type: Anti-Unit
    Max Targets: 1 target

Caster was viewed as controlling access to the pope completely, requesting payment for access to his appointments. This practice bore great similarities to the concept of indulgences, payments for your soul to instantly jump from purgatory to heaven, for after all the Pope is viewed as the voice of Heaven on Earth. Together, these concepts form into a noble phantasm permitting Caster to grant a spirit "instant access to heaven", instead of being stuck in purgatory. In other words, to purify a servant in a flash of light and a bang of trumpets, removing them from the Grail War. Naturally, this holds several limitations. This grows weaker against enemies who aren't Catholic, and weaker still against enemies who aren't Christian in faith. In addition those that are viewed to "already be in heaven" such as popes and saints, and those that have not died such as servants from the future or Immortals like Merlin or Yu Meiren are nigh-immune.

Lore: Olimpia Maidalchini, Princess of San Marino was the sister-in-law of Pope Innocent X. In her early life, her father attempted to send her to a nunnery, but she refused, instead getting married to the wealthiest man around, who died not long after. She then married an impoverished noble, Pamphilio Pamphili. This is when she grew accquainted with her brother-in-law, the later pope Innocent X, and worked to raise him from Monsignor to Pope, through well-placed bribes and use of her influence. Once this was done, she became the power behind the throne, controlling both access to the Pope and his decisions.

Personality: A stern and serious person to those who held power. She clawed her way up from low status, and as such dislikes those who were already born into it. On the flip side, those with little power at all or those that earned it like she did would naturally gain much acclaim from her, and would be shown her softer side. Her wish for the grail is just to remove the depictions of her as a vile person who didn't even allow her brother-in-law to be buried.

Relationships:

Julius II: "So, your status came from... your acquaintances rising you up? Well, at least that's similar to my Innocenzo."

Zhengde Emperor: "...You don't deserve your throne. If you want peace of mind, you must pay."

Marozia: "Oh, you're very similar to me, aren't you? But the shadows... they aren't necessary."

Lola Montez: "You were... truly impressive. Like a younger me."

Antipope Benedict: "You lost your title, but tried to gain it back? ..Now that is truly not sanctified."

Antipope Clement: "I... must at least admire your effort."

Creator's Notes:

Simon: I love that sheet! The first NP is very creative, and so is the second. Is the ???mark Judas?

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle MuramasaMachII's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jishara View Post

Class: Caster
    True Name: Olimpia Maidalchini
    Place of Origin: Papal States (16th Century)
    Stars: 4/5

Parameters:

END: C
    MGI: B
    NP: A

Height: 176cm
    Dislikes: The rumors around her
    Talent: Intelligence
    Armament: A golden crucifix
    Catalyst: The portrait of her

Class Skills:

Item Construction (Fake) EX: Subsumed within Caster's Noble Phantasm.

Territory Creation B: The capability to create a "papal office". Due to it technically not suiting her, it works for her on par with a workshop.

Personal Skills:

Popemaker B: The sublimation of Caster's work to get Pope Innocent X on the throne. With him starting from a mere monsignor, Caster caused him to rise in the ranks through careful bribes and use of influence, eventually even bribing the cardinals to elect him. The capacity to grant someone the status of a "pope", granting them magecraft based in the Roman Catholic traditions, along with the capacity to use sacraments.

Power Behind The Throne A: Caster was well-known as the power behind the throne to Pope Innocent X, with her making most of the decisions for him. Naturally, this manifests into a skill. The one that Caster denotes "pope" is viewed as a low-tier Caster class servant, achieving rank-ups in statistics to be able to pretend to be a very weak Caster while the actual Caster schemes, viewed as merely the "master".

Pay Up B: The sublimation of her forcing the aristocracy to pay her vast amounts of money to be permitted to speak with the pope. This tended to happen through gambling games which diplomats tried as hard as they could to lose so that they would spend enough. The capacity to extract Mana from a target through Caster's words, naturally working on those words of her Master as well.

Noble Phantasm(s):

All Wealth Is My Wealth
    My Power Is That Of Money

The sublimation of the time that Caster stole the entire contents of the Vatican Treasury. This didn't merely include vast quantities of wealth equivalent to Golden Rule B, but also sacraments and relics that Caster uses as her primary weapons. When the true name of this noble phantasm is called, Caster manifests vast quantities of relics, ranging from Black Keys to the blood of saints, using it to smite the enemy with the wrath of the Vatican. As an alternate usage, Caster can absorb parts of a target's treasury as long as they have Golden Rule or a noble phantasm storing weapons or items.

Heaven Will See You Now
    For Prayer, For Peace, For Prosperity

Caster was viewed as controlling access to the pope completely, requesting payment for access to his appointments. This practice bore great similarities to the concept of indulgences, payments for your soul to instantly jump from purgatory to heaven, for after all the Pope is viewed as the voice of Heaven on Earth. Together, these concepts form into a noble phantasm permitting Caster to grant a spirit "instant access to heaven", instead of being stuck in purgatory. In other words, to purify a servant in a flash of light and a bang of trumpets, removing them from the Grail War. Naturally, this holds several limitations. This grows weaker against enemies who aren't Catholic, and weaker still against enemies who aren't Christian in faith. In addition those that are viewed to "already be in heaven" such as popes and saints, and those that have not died such as servants from the future or Immortals like Merlin or Yu Meiren are nigh-immune.

Lore: Olimpia Maidalchini, Princess of San Marino was the sister-in-law of Pope Innocent X. In her early life, her father attempted to send her to a nunnery, but she refused, instead getting married to the wealthiest man around, who died not long after. She then married an impoverished noble, Pamphilio Pamphili. This is when she grew accquainted with her brother-in-law, the later pope Innocent X, and worked to raise him from Monsignor to Pope, through well-placed bribes and use of her influence. Once this was done, she became the power behind the throne, controlling both access to the Pope and his decisions.

Personality: A stern and serious person to those who held power. She clawed her way up from low status, and as such dislikes those who were already born into it. On the flip side, those with little power at all or those that earned it like she did would naturally gain much acclaim from her, and would be shown her softer side. Her wish for the grail is just to remove the depictions of her as a vile person who didn't even allow her brother-in-law to be buried.

Relationships:

Julius II: "So, your status came from... your acquaintances rising you up? Well, at least that's similar to my Innocenzo."

Zhengde Emperor: "...You don't deserve your throne. If you want peace of mind, you must pay."

Marozia: "Oh, you're very similar to me, aren't you? But the shadows... they aren't necessary."

Lola Montez: "You were... truly impressive. Like a younger me."

Antipope Benedict: "You lost your title, but tried to gain it back? ..Now that is truly not sanctified."

Antipope Clement: "I... must at least admire your effort."

Creator's Notes:

Simon: I love that sheet! The first NP is very creative, and so is the second. Is the ???mark Judas?
    Olympia Maidalchini: This is a really interesting sheet actually. I especially like the Heaven Will See You Now Noble Phantasm, it could be really cool. I'm wondering what her opinion would be on my sheet I just posted?

Note: ??? is not Judas, my interpretation of Judas is slightly... stranger.

Blog Entries

Source: Yangfan

Class: Rider
    Other Classes: Archer
    True Name: Francesco Morosini
    Alignment: Neutral Evil
    Place of Origin: Venice (17th Century)
    Stars: 3/5

Parameters:

STR: B
    END: D
    MGI: D
    NP: B

Height: 180cm
    Weight: 160lbs
    Dislikes: Dissent
    Talent: Looting
    Natural Enemy: Ancient Greek servants, especially deities
    Traits: Humanoid, Male, Weak to Enuma Elish
    Armament: A mortar
    Catalyst: The Piraeus Lion

Class Skills:

Riding C: The capacity to ride mounts. He was adequate at it and thus gains this rank.

Magic Resistance E+: He never encountered magecraft in life, but due to his legend as one who "destroyed the sacred temple", Rider gains empowerments against magecraft hailing from the Greek mythosphere.

Personal Skills:

Destructive Looting A: The manifestation of Rider's destructive looting of parts of the Parthenon, attempting to steal several statues of deities. However, each statue he attempted to steal got destroyed as he tried to do that. This enables him to self-destruct works of art, causing them to burst in an explosion.

In Red B: Rider had frequent battles, and the fact that he always wore red, representing the blood spilled during the battles. This manifests in the form of a skill granting Rider the capacity to imbue his clothing with the blood he spills, enhancing his own defense and offense in a scaling fashion.

Voyager of the Storm C: Rider was the Commander in chief of the Venetian navy for a time, and as such naturally gains this skill denoting his skill for commanding ships. This also incorporates Charisma and Tactics at the same rank, as ships need crew and not just a single person to pilot.

Noble Phantasm(s):

Parthenon Oblivion
    Even The Most Holy Places

Type: Anti-Temple
    Range: 10 meters

The Mortar shot that Rider commanded done that destroyed parts of the Parthenon. This manifests, when the true name is called, in an enhancement to the next mortar thrown, it becoming covered in designs that cause it to shatter through magical barriers at or below C rank, and also crack divine protection.

Piraeus
    Oh Lion Of Venice, Roar Out

Range: 8 meters

The Piraeus Lion, one of the most famous items that Rider looted and one of the few that actually survived. When the true name is called, the great statue manifests. The runes carved into its sides animate it into a Phantasmal Beast, with ferocious claws and teeth, as well as venom imbued into its breath and fangs. This beast tends to follow Rider's commands, but will occasionally rebel, so Rider must be careful to not overuse this Noble Phantasm.

Lore: Francesco Morosini, Doge of Venice (1619-1694) was Doge of Venice and prior to that commander in chief of the Venetian Navy. His most notable actions occurred during the War with the Ottomans, wherein Francesco destroyed parts of the Parthenon and looted items from all around Greece.

Personality: A greedy person. He deeply enjoys collecting items of all sorts, and will build up a stockpile as soon as he's able, though his favorite type of items to collect are fine art. He would bemoan having to sacrifice any pieces of his collection to his skill. He feels that his looting was truly the best way, but his wish is to have been able to successfully loot the entire Parthenon without anything breaking.

Relationships:

Olimpia: "What a clever plan. And such interesting artifacts, too!"

Victoria: "No, this isn't the Lion of Britannia."

Julius II: "Venice shall never fall."

Ennigaldi: "Your museum is fascinating. Mind if I take a look?"

Creator's Notes: Olimpia to Petrus: "So, the great first Pope of the church was once ordinary too? How impressive."

夜属 Nightkin
    Blog Entries
    Remade NP of Tugarin.

Коркодил
    Ruler of snakes
    A

Gift of Yig, father of snakes. When using this NP, Tugarin turns into a Corcodile, a giant hybrid of a snake and a crocodile. In this form, Tugarin has wings, his body releases a fetid gas, which has a very nasty property - it wraps the entire flora and fauna into snakes. Where there is Tugarin, there will be trees from which snakes grow, snake animals, grass from snakes, and so on. These changes also affect people.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shezum3 View Post
    Remade NP of Tugarin.

Коркодил
    Ruler of snakes
    A

Gift of Yig, father of snakes. When using this NP, Tugarin turns into a Corcodile, a giant hybrid of a snake and a crocodile. In this form, Tugarin has wings, his body releases a fetid gas, which has a very nasty property - it wraps the entire flora and fauna into snakes. Where there is Tugarin, there will be trees from which snakes grow, snake animals, grass from snakes, and so on. These changes also affect people.
    That's definitely a more "eldritch-y" NP with some good creepy imagery in the form of random features of the environment turning into snakes. I think I'd edit it into the old sheet for completeness and link back rather than just post an NP disconnected though.

Blog Entries

Source: RPNATION

True Name: Saint Hilda
    Place of Origin: England (7th Century)

Parameters:

END: D
    AGI: D
    NP: C

Height: 167cm
    Dislikes: Caustic critics
    Talent: Making others influential
    Natural Enemy: Marozia
    Armament: A crozier
    Catalyst: A stained glass window depicting her

Class Skills:

Riding C+: She is naturally decent at riding, but far better with avians or serpentine animals due to the connections in her legend

Magic Resistance B: A saint who lived in an era of magic naturally gains a fairly high rank.

Personal Skills:

Mother Hilda's Monastery B: The sublimation of Rider's monastery, of which many people who were within became influential, including multiple bishops, famous writers, and even several saints apart from Rider herself. A skill that allows Rider to act like a talent scount, granting her an eye for talent that is extremely effective, as well as enhance the talent to propel them to new heights.

Synod of Oswiu C: The synod of Oswiu, which took place at Rider's monastery. As this was viewed during the time as the subjugation of the "alternate Christian churches" to Rome, this skill grants Rider empowered attacks against anyone who was a christian but not Roman Catholic, such as anglicans or protestants.

Saint C: The capacity to choose between "rank up to HP, rank up to sacraments use, or rank up to Charisma" upon summoning. Rider tends to prefer Charisma.

Noble Phantasm(s):

Thou, Snakes
    Oh Coiled Fossil

Range: 10 meters

The sublimation of Rider's connection with ammonites. It was said that they once were a plague of garter snakes that Rider petrified. Manifesting as her weapon, her staff itself is a petrified snake, coiled at the top akin to an ammonite. This staff can jut out the ammonite's tendrils. When the true name is called, this snake awakens into an ammonite-basilisk, which Rider stands atop of. This ammonite can petrify entities nearby through a gaze, or through a tap with the tendrils. It's also extremely enduring, its shell being extremely tough.

Lore: Saint Hilda of Whitby was a Saint of the Roman Catholic Church and an abbess who founded the Whitby Monastery, wherein the Synod of Whitby, done by Oswiu, took place. She was said to have transformed a pandemic of snakes into ammonites, and to make sea birds bow to her. She was also noted for having within her monastery numerous people who became renowned.

Personality: A kind and nurturing, but also showy, person. She constantly keeps her eyes out for talent, dramatically entering competitions in order to do that. Although she deeply cares about everyone, she also views herself as the "superior talent scout who will find all the potential" in everyone that has any. She holds no true wish for the grail, allowing her manifestation in order to spot new talent.

Relationships:

Marozia: "Manipulation? That is talent, but your strategies go too far."

Olimpia: "Ah, yes, yes. I would have snapped up your talent in no time. You would have been my successor! Ah, if only we lived in the same era."

Satie: "You hold no talent!"

Boulanger: "Your eye for music is certainly impressive. But never forget this, I am the real talent scout here."

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Y'know, you sometimes pick some of the strangest faceclaims brother.

Mitsuru's saucy leather catsuit under a fur coat is certainly not what I expected a dark ages holy woman to wear, I must say.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Y'know, you sometimes pick some of the strangest faceclaims brother.

Mitsuru's saucy leather catsuit under a fur coat is certainly not what I expected a dark ages holy woman to wear, I must say.
    It kind of suits how her personality is described though. Just out of curiosity I looked for any FCs actually featuring ammonites/nautili but they generally had a more serious vibe.

Blog Entries

Source: Kernyanne

Class: Assassin
    True Name: Micheletto Corella
    Alignment: Neutral Evil
    Place of Origin: Italy (15th Century)
    Stars: 2/5

Parameters:

STR: B
    END: B
    LCK: D

Height: 179cm
    Weight: 150lbs
    Dislikes: Being distrusted
    Talent: Assassination
    Traits: Humanoid, Male, Weak to Enuma Elish
    Armament: Bare hands, spears
    Catalyst: An executioner's axe marked with the Borgia mark

Class Skills:

Presence Concealment B: A capable assassin who can blend into the shadows until making his move.

Personal Skills:

Keys to the Papal Treasury B: The sublimation of the time that Assassin threatened the holder of the keys to the Papal treasury, to have him hand the keys over to Cesare Borgia. This naturally manifests in the form of a skill which allows Assassin's presence to radiate an aura of terror and unwillingness to resist, weakening others around's will as soon as he reveals his existence. In addition, if an intimidation check is successfully passed, one item can be confiscated, though it cannot be a Noble Phantasm.

The Borgia's Executioner A: The sublimation of Assassin's title as the Executioner of the Borgias, who killed countless important figures to grow the Borgia fortune and increase the power of the Borgia family. This manifests in a skill empowering Assassin's offense against those counted as human, and once again against those who were nobility of some kind or priests.

Unyielding Will B: The sublimation of his unyielding loyalty to the Borgia family, to the point where he refused to reveal even the tiniest piece of information regarding them, even as he was tortured and imprisoned for two years. An ability that ranks up Assassin's physical and mental defenses.
    Noble Phantasm(s):

Morte Complessa
    The Death Of Alfonso D'Aragon

Range: 15 meters

The sublimation of the death of Alfonso of Aragon, Lucrezia Borgia's husband and one of the people Assassin killed. In his case, Assassin made sure of the kill by killing him in numerous ways: stabbing him, strangling him, tossing him out a window, drowning him... This Noble Phantasm, thus, serves as an "undodgable attack", which will always attack in such a way as to be the exact thing that the target can't defend against, no matter how specific it is. Visually, Assassin's hands begin glowing a brilliant purple, as Assassin reaches out, strangling the enemy. Naturally, the weak point of this ability comes in the fact that if a target can "defend against anything" at that moment, the attack completely fails, and rebounds instead.

Lore: Micheletto Corella (d. 1508), the Executioner for the Borgias, was a condottiere and warrior who was a major ally of Cesare Borgia. Micheletto killed numerous people for Cesare, including the Papal Secretary, Prince Alfonso de Aragon, the Lord of Fermo, the Lord of Montone, and so on.

Personality: A stern and serious person. He is extremely loyal to the Borgias, and as such, will try to work with anyone with similar cunning and political acumen as they did, although his ideal allies are naturally the Borgias. He views killing as something that must be done, though he takes no pleasure in it. His wish for the Holy Grail is to bring the entire Borgia family reincarnated, though especially Cesare Borgia.

Relationships:

Julius II: "You. You must die."

Marozia: "A borgia? No, no. You just seem similar."

Pope Alexander VI (BnEl15): "Oh, Rodrigo. How interesting. Tell me, has Cesare arrived yet? No? Oh, bother."

Louis XI: "A spider in a web? Indeed, the borgias were akin to that, and I was the one who chased the fly in."

Stephanie St. Clair: "It seems their legacy has been maintained."

Creator's Notes: Yea, I was originally thinking a fairly standard abbess faceclaim, but as Saint Hilda's personality took shape, I decided I wanted to go for a more talent-scout like faceclaim as opposed to a traditional nun, hence the one I chose with the sunglasses.
    Last edited by jishara; May 9th, 2023 at 08:04 PM.

Blog Entries
    Corella: Is there a reason his The Borgia's Executioner and Unyielding Loyalty Skills aren't just Executioner and Unyielding Will? I feel you've fallen into a disease of making almost everything a unique Skill when it sometimes doesn't add much. And Keys To The Papal Treasury IMO would fit better as an ability where with an intimidation check he can confiscate one of the opponent's possessions, not just a terror aura.

夜属 Nightkin
    Blog Entries
    Berserker of the Nepra River

Quiet, Master. I hear the river singing...

Class: Berserker
    True Name: Sukhman Odikhmantievich
    Place of Origin: Kyivan Rus
    Armament: None

STR — A
    END — B
    AGL — B
    MGI — B
    LCK — C
    NP — A

Class skills:

Mad Enhancement (D)

The Class Skill that characterizes a Berserker, raising basic parameters and strengthens one's physical abilities in exchange of hindering mental capacities and/or in exchange for their sense of reason. Rank up for all parameters, but most of one's reason is robbed.

A berserker may seem strange at first glance, but if he sees a bad attitude towards rivers, he falls into a violent rage

Personal skills:

Dialogue with the river EX

A very strange ability of the Berserker, which allows him to communicate with the rivers. Whether this is communication with the spirits of the rivers, or whether this is a different nature of this skill, but with the help of it, Berserker is able to receive accurate information from the rivers. This skill also allows the Berserker to use river water as a weapon, asking the river to attack.

Help, sister-river, I will not remain in debt, you will be wider

Weapon Crafting (Trees) B

Berserker can use uprooted trees as a weapon. Trees are much stronger in his hands. In his legend, Berserker, with the help of an oak trunk, killed an entire army of Tatars who were building bridges on the Nepra River in order to attack Kyiv

In skillful hands and a tree there is a club

Leaves on wounds A

Berserker's special skill that allows him to cover wounds with leaves. This does not heal the Berserker, however, by removing the leaf from the wound, it can attack with a stream of blood under great pressure.

It's useless to treat me. I'll die anyway

Noble Phantasm:

Сухман-река
    Birth of a bloody river
    A

Berserker's suicidal Noble Phantasm, his rebirth into a river. To activate it, the Berserker must have enough leaves that cover his wounds.

When receiving a fatal blow or from the desire of the Berserker himself, the body of the servant will begin to bleed heavily, turning into a bloody turbulent river. The berserker can manipulate its waters to attack. In this state, Berserker's mind quickly dies, he has only seven hours, after which he will become the most ordinary river.

Description:

Dislikes: When they are neglected, when rivers are disrespected

Berserker’s True name is Sukhman Odikhmantievich, little-known bogatyr of the Kyiv epic cycle. In his legend, he goes to get a white swan for Prince Vladimir, otherwise he will be executed. To be fair, Sukhman himself boasted that he could get the swan alive. During the trip, he sees that the Nepra River is fighting the Tatar force, which is building Kalinov bridges on it in order to go to Kyiv. Sukhman beats the Tatar force with an oak torn out by the root, but during the battle he gets wounds, which he covers with leaves. Sukhman returns to Kyiv without the swans. Prince Vladimir does not believe him and orders him to be imprisoned for boasting in the cellar, and sends Dobrynya Nikitich to find out if Sukhman told the truth, and when it turns out that the truth is, Vladimir wants to reward Sukhman; but he removes the leaves from the wounds and bleeds. The river Sukhman flowed from his blood.

Odikhmantievich is a strange person. He can talk with the rivers for hours, he respects them and calls them nothing more than sisters. He likes to brag about his prowess, but he doesn't like being snubbed and may well kill himself because of it. Master should be very careful with Sukhman

Notes: I'm starting to come out of my creative gloom. For a long time I was not with my servants

Blog Entries

True Name: Heloha and Melatha
    Place of Origin: Choctaw mythology

Parameters:

STR: C/B
    END: B/C
    AGI: C/B
    MGI: B/C

Height: 165/178cm
    Weight: 140/150lbs
    Dislikes: Needless destruction
    Talent: Causing and warning of storms
    Natural Enemy: Atkor Kamuy
    Attribute: Sky
    Traits: Weak to Enuma Elish, Duo
    Armament: A bow and arrows
    Catalyst: A piece of a thundercloud captured from the sky by magic, placed atop an egg

Class Skills:

Riding N/A: The two of them didn't have any legends of riding in their mythology. This skill, however, is not necessary for their Noble Phantasm due to Combination.

Magic Resistance B: As magical entities from the Age of Gods, they naturally gain high ranks in this skill, resisting magecraft.

Personal Skills:

Combination A: The two can act in perfect sync no matter what, the duo having an extremely strong connection between them as husband and wife.

Lightning-Streaked Step B: A skill held by Melatha only. It was said that his flight was so fast that it generated bright flashes of light, which were lightning. Melatha naturally possesses this skill, causing his limbs to crackle with lightning, primarily his legs, which enhances the faster he moves. This lightning also ranks up his Speed. This serves as his primary method of offense.

Crackling Eggs B: A skill held by Heloha only. She dropped her eggs onto clouds in order to create the rumbling noise which is thunder. As a skill, this permits Heloha to utilize egg-shaped blasts of electricity and thunder towards her targets, rolling them before detonating them at her targets.

Noble Phantasm(s):

Omba Malvtha
    And Thus Comes The Storm

Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
    Range: 0 meters
    Max Targets: 1 targets

The two of them were primordial thunderbirds. As such, this noble phantasm serves as theirs. When the true name is called, one of them takes on their true thunderbird form. They both could at the same time, but it would require titanic amounts of mana, and so normally Melatha takes on the form if possible. In this form, the transformed one holds a constant storm around their wings, while massively increasing their physical statistics, with a caw like thunder. Despite them not holding the Riding skill, they are able to work together utilizing their Combination skill.

Lore: Heloha and Melatha were primeval thunderbirds from Choctaw mythology. In the legends, they were tasked with warning humanity about storms through their particular powers. Meletha held incredible speed, creating bursts of light, while Heloha's eggs, combined with clouds, could produce massive amounts of sound. Thus came lightning and thunder.

Personality: An affectionate and caring couple with each other. They are caring towards humanity as well, viewing them as akin to the duo's little nephews and nieces, as it were. However, they tend to not get along well with other non-human entities, especially those who dislike humanity. Their wish is to reincarnate.

Relationships:

Atkor Kamuy: "..Well, at least you somewhat care."

Cipactli: "No devouring humanity! Stop it!"

Nia Ngao Zhua Pa: "A lightning thread? How unique!"

Moni Mekhala: "Oh, another storm deity? Wow, there are a lot of us here. You're... thunder, lightning, or both?"

Creators Notes: Updated Corella! Also, that's an interesting idea, the whole sister river thing.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i feel like this thread has come to a sort of dark age, where people don't even post their sheets here for leisure anymore. they all just wait for the next contest for that bit of quality control and interactiveness that it offers.
    Challenge accepted. I knocked this up in a couple of days, so go gentle with the scathing criticisms.

--------------------

Avenger

A land of men without countries, such is the sorry state of Britain now. The people do not endeavor towards greatness, but rather mire themselves in their petty strifes - few are they who would lay down their lives for a friend, let alone a king…

True Name: Richard III
    Epithet: “The Last of the Plantagenets
    AKA: Richard of York, Dickon
    Region: England (15th Century)
    Alignment: Lawful Evil
    Dislikes: Greed, Traitors
    Talents: Administration, Oration
    Natural Enemy: Henry VII

Parameters
    STR: (C) END: (B) AGI: (C) MGI: (D) LCK: (E) NP: (C)

Character

Long have I walked in hatred's company. Yet even in disgrace, I still have my pride as King. Loyalty binds me to our contract and so I will teach your enemies the meaning of despair. As long as I can curse his name, I shall not be defeated!

Avenger takes the form of Richard III, the Duke of Gloucester who upon the mysterious “disappearance” of the twelve year old Edward V, usurped the throne and became King of England for just over two years before he too was slain at the climax of the Wars of the Roses.

One of the most iconic villains from Shakespeare’s stories, the real deal does not disappoint either as Richard’s tall, dark and sharp features strike an imposing figure. Despite the reputation of the Avenger Class, Richard holds himself as a calm and stoic individual, which only serves to highlight the discrepancy when his malice and wrath finally starts to leak out because of a grudge that has not abated in over half a millennia. The most defining trait associated with Richard is his belief in Order above all, believing that by achieving a state of “Perfect Harmony” between the denizens of all classes working in unison then the country would rise and dominate the entire continent and beyond. To that end, he sought to eliminate all those who fostered instability and unrest with no exceptions as he is said to have assassinated King Edward V as well as poisoning Queen Anne. Even his own allies were mere pawns who served only to further his own goals, such as when he took the son of one of his most powerful knights, Thomas Stanley hostage to prevent him from any actions that could be perceived as treasonous. Being a Machiavellian figure, Richard took advantage of the plight of the common man and enacted various populist measures such as removing the monetary barrier to the legal system and making all laws both past and future have to be written in the language of the people (i.e English instead of the aristocrats’ French) - all the while discreetly centralizing political power to strengthen the Monarchy and reduce regional governance.

Yet despite his dark ambition, in his youth Richard was still made a Knight of the Order of the Garter and as such embodies many of its ethics as well. He has no shortage of bravery, being one of the last remaining Kings to lead his troops into battle and will chastise any Servant that does not partake in direct combat. He also abhors greed and was very open about his disapproval of Edward IV’s habit of misusing tax money to personally benefit himself. But perhaps his greatest virtue is his misplaced belief in loyalty, which proved to be his downfall as he was betrayed over and over again which has given him a powerful hatred of traitors. Indeed many of Richard’s positive traits stem from his devout faith in Catholicism, to which being summoned into the modern day will cause Richard to despair at the Tudor Dynasty’s decision to split from the Holy Church and will blame such a blasphemous decision on his nemesis - Henry Tudor…

Even hearing the name of the man responsible for overthrowing him and using political propaganda to turn him into an archetypal villain will unleash Richard’s wrath and expose his true nature as an Avenger Class Servant. He is singularly focused on how to get his revenge on the “coward” Henry who refused to face Richard on the battlefield and instead quivered in fear behind his bodyguards. Most of Richard’s actions will be with Henry in mind, either seeking out anyone remotely connected to him, or thinking how to undo the negative image associated with Richard - particularly his disfigurement which he is sensitive about. Because he is the type of person who was taught to suppress his feelings at all times, should someone successfully manage to trigger his anger, the repressed emotions will burst out explosively and Richard will be engulfed in rage and any attempts at placating him will fall on deaf ears as he will endeavor to murder them in the most brutal and painful way imaginable.

In a Holy Grail War, Richard will abide by the pact with his Master, but will not follow any of their orders if he thinks they will impede the progress of obtaining the Grail. Although he will not do anything to harm his Master, that only follows so long as he does not suspect that they will betray him, which threatens to bring out his murderous enmity with a bone-chilling whisper of “so it’s treason then?” Despite not being the strongest Servant compared to the warriors of antiquity, Richard will still face them on the battlefield since his pride demands it. That said, he is not above devious tactics such as using a sword coated in poison since his mind rationalises it as fair game due to still fighting head-on with a “noble” weapon that is the sword. Regardless, Richard will relish the chance to work his repressed anger out in a fight and any pain he receives will just be fuel to strike back even harder.

His Wish upon the Holy Grail? Richard despairs at the sight of England in the present day, and given that the Tudor Dynasty has already fallen, he considers it a just revenge to incarnate himself and overthrow the modern government and monarchy and install himself as ruler so that he might transform the country back to its perceived glory days under his rule before Henry defiled the throne.

The rampant illusion of freedom causes Man to worry over trifling matters. The masses will always desire a leader who decides everything for them, anxiety over the future will only cause them pain. That is why I have resurrected to lead this country into a new era and you will be freed from the suffocating chains of raison d’etre!

Skills

Class Skills

Avenger - (B)
    A Class Skill of the Avenger Servants, representing the state of the punished who gathers people's hatreds and grudges onto oneself. As an usurper and demagogue, Richard is able to absorb the collective negative emotions from those around him and turn it into fuel for his strength. Furthermore, as Richard takes damage in battle, it stokes the flames of his desire for vengeance and he unintuitively becomes faster and stronger in response. However the more this Skill is used, the more rage filled Richard becomes and the finesse in his movements and combat technique will decrease, so he has to moderate his anger lest he become reduced to little more than a pseudo-berserker.

Oblivion Correction - (A)
    A Class Skill of the Avenger class. People are creatures that forget many things, but an Avenger never forgets the one who inflicted the scars of defeat. The critical effect of Avengers whose attacks are overlaid with those painful memories are strengthened. Richard despises the fact that he was betrayed by his own comrades and their attempts to propagandise his defeat into the triumph of good over evil. Therefore his Critical Rolls gain a 2x damage modifier against both anyone connected to the Tudor Dynasty as well as famous traitors in general.

Self-Replenishment [Mana] - (D)
    A Class Skill of the Avenger class. The user’s Magical Energy endlessly surges until their revenge is accomplished - recovering a minuscule amount of magical energy every turn. However as Richard was not a Mage in life, he is unaccustomed to Mana manipulation and so has this Skill at a low Rank. Fortunately he does not require it outside of helping recharge his Noble Phantasm and so invests it all in that instead.

Personal Skills

Aptitude For Slaughter - (B)
    A technique belonging primarily to the Assassin Class but can be used by anyone who has the proficiency at taking human lives. In order to maintain the “Perfect Harmony” of the Kingdom that Richard was seeking, he had to eliminate all those who he perceived as disrupting order. To that end he is said to have assassinated Edward V as well as having poisoned Queen Anne. Even on the battlefield Richard learned the swiftest way to kill his opponents with a sword or a lance so that he need not slow down his charging into battle. Now incarnated as a Servant, all implements and tools that Richard uses gain a Plus Modifier in damage calculation against a “Human” target. Furthermore it is possible to Chain this effect such as applying Poison to Richard’s Sword to increase the Modifier even further - such a devious tactic is exactly the sort of thing that the unscrupulous mind of Richard III would think up.

Battle Continuation - (C)
    An ability that allows for the continuation of combat even after sustaining mortal wounds. It will also reduce mortality rate from injury, representing the capacity to survive and/or the mentality of one who doesn't know when to give up. During his final hour, when it was clear that the battle was lost, Richard refused to surrender and made a final cavalry charge towards Henry Tudor. "God forbid that I retreat one step. I will either win the battle as a king, or die as one." Even after losing his horse, Richard kept on going despite suffering eleven grievous wounds - including two fatal ones to the skull, cutting down every knight who crossed his path and came within a sword’s length of the cowering Henry, only to be piled on by the prince’s bodyguards and crushed to death with halberd strikes. Therefore even after taking damage to his Spiritual Core, Richard can continue on fighting for two extra Turns unimpeded before finally succumbing to his injuries and fading away.

Weak Constitution - (C)
    A weakness struck by the nature of frail health. Similar in nature to Innocent Monster, where the perception of the people in the future affects the existence of the Heroic Spirit. Despite Richard’s lifelong scoliosis being manageable in life, the gross exaggeration caused by Shakespeare and subsequent pop culture has exacerbated the condition to the point of a severe disability. Now as a Servant this affliction persists and the more actions Richard has to take during a Turn, the higher the percentage chance of having to take a subsequent Health Check which if he fails, will incur a substantial drop to his Parameters. However this is not necessarily a bad thing as the pain Richard endures throughout will serve as fuel to activate his Avenger Class Skill and grant him extra power as a result. Outside of battle, Richard will narcissistically try to hide his deformed back with lavish and billowing clothing.

Noble Phantasm

Dei Gratia Rex
    Charge of the White Boar

[Type - Anti Unit], [Noble Phantasm Rank - C], [Maximum Range - 5], [Maximum Number of Targets - 1]

As an Avenger Class Servant, it is only natural that the source of Richard’s strength is his grudge against the victorious Tudor Dynasty, amplified by the propaganda they employed to tarnish Richard’s public image, particularly twisting the use of his Heraldic Badge (the White Boar) to dehumanize him such as in the famous lampoon of the Hog, Rat and Cat - referring to the former king and his fallen comrades Sir Ratcliffe and Chancellor Catesby.

Thus as Richard’s rage in battle reaches a breaking point, his mana will mix with his malicious intent and the surface of his skin will start to bubble until a dark figure bursts out like an insect moulting from its exoskeleton. From out of Richard’s back rises the phantom of a human skeleton with a boar’s head and armed with a sword and shield. Richard himself does not seem to be aware of it, and so instead the phantom skeleton moves autonomously, adding a second strike to Richard’s attacks or targeting an alternate opponent in a group battle. Being borne out of Richard’s wrath, the skeleton will grow in both size and strength as Richard’s anger continues to grow until it becomes a behemoth that Richard is unable to stand under the weight of and is forced into a stationary position as the kaiju skeleton is sweeping away houses with its mighty sword swings. It is curious that even at that point Richard is still unaware of the phantom skeleton’s presence, merely cursing the opponent for the immense pressure and pain he is enduring which creates a vicious cycle that fuels the phantom skeleton - truly it begs the question of who is in control of who in that scenario…

Despite its formidable strength, this Noble Phantasm is not without its drawbacks. Chiefly that it consumes an awful lot of mana and as Richard was not a mage in life, he has little way of minimizing the consumption rate and so it cannot be deployed for long periods of time. The other major problem is that the Noble Phantasm is entirely dependent on Richard’s rage and so if he as the host loses that for some reason such as being being knocked out or being put under an enchantment so that he thinks there are no more enemies, then the Noble Phantasm will deactivate. As an aside, because both the phantom skeleton and Richard are connected at the base of both of their spines, it prevents the skeleton from having a 360 degrees turn and if an enemy were to launch a surgically precise strike at where both spines connect, it would sever Richard from the Noble Phantasm and it would also be forced to deactivate that way as well.

Relationships
    Bedivere - “I have a particular disdain for the Welsh after that foul Rhys struck me down. I hope you aren’t as disagreeable.”

Francis Drake - “If it isn’t the contemptible servant of my hated enemy. Since you are such a greedy fellow, shall I feed you a length of steel?”

Georgios - “As a Knight of the Garter, it is my honour to meet the symbol of our Order.” Grigori Rasputin - “No thank you. After Morton, I’ve had quite enough of treacherous priests.”

Parvati - “The White Boar is such a majestic figure. It does not surprise me that even pagan deities took its form.”

Richard the Lionheart - “To think that I would have the chance to meet my ancestor and namesake, the world truly is full of wonders.”

Scáthach - “It seems I have yet to meet a Scot who isn’t a rambunctious individual.”

Sherlock Holmes - “This ‘pop culture’ of the modern era is a strange thing. My distant relative portraying both of us on-screen takes some getting one’s head around.”

William Shakespeare - “So it’s thanks to you that I have to suffer such excruciating pain? Perhaps I should repay you by breaking your back in turn…”

Creator's Notes
    Inspired by watching the BBC drama “The Hollow Crown” and its more nuanced take on Richard III among others. At the very least I didn’t want to make another Avenger Servant that was cartoonishly evil, since I already did that with Guy Fawkes.

I must confess that I’m not a hundred percent sold on making Richard an Avenger Class Servant but at the same time I couldn’t really see him fitting anywhere else. Funnily enough, I could kinda see him subbing for Oberon in LB6 where he is this amnesiac knight who you think is virtuous but as he slowly regains his memories he turns back into his darker self and tries to rule over Fairy Britain by usurping Morgan.

The Faceclaim is Severo from the mobile gacha game “War of the Visions: Final Fantasy Brave Exvius”.

As usual, all comments and criticisms are welcome~
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Richard III: I love the way you're so... Unabashedly old school, for a lack of a better term (I swear I say this with the ultimate amount of praise it deserve) and you make it work. You make us love this quality of yours. Like, there's really nothing out of norm with this sheet - it has straightforward character, straightforward skills that remind me of early FGO era, it has a straightforward NP (THAT'S SOMEHOW SO FITTING?? I WUV IT??) and yet... There's this charm behind every work, I guess one could even call it "love". Like, we're acquainted with a character in the end of the day, something that will stay with you like a lingering taste, not a one-note sheet and I think this is beautiful. My favorite favorite part has to be to come to the author's notes and see that it was inspired by The Hollow Crown tho... I swear I was thinking "mannn what a THC feeling this sheet has" the whole time. BUT OF COURSE IT DOES.

I really don't want to blame jishara - he's more of a symptom than a cause - but this the deluge of chain posting has killed off any sort of interactions or meaningful exchange with other members -- that sense of community.
    Also, in the end of the day it's just that. The last "generation" is up in their discord servers (GOOD FOR THEM I HAVE THE HONOR OF BEING IN ONE AND THEY'RE AMAZING), the "generation" I was in is currently busy with life and the new "generation" is yet finding their pace... Which for this time seems to be post sheet after sheet and wait magically for comments that won't even come if no one begins to be the change they want to see in the world... But that's life.
    I know I need to post something if I want to have my name on the next milestone. It will be a shame if I lose another one because the thread moves SO fast.
    Last edited by WhiteFrenzy; May 10th, 2023 at 01:09 PM.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————