Page 145 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4595135140143144145
Results 2,881 to 2,891 of 2891

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

Arthurian Sheetamatic Universe! Morg van Destro's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    I probably need to brush up on my serial killer knowledge, but who is he faking here? Is he using a false name or something? Aside from that, I love the murder hotel NP, and your first-person narration of his lore really sells me on his general creepiness.
    I actually read through a portion of his autobiography (yes, he wrote an autobiography before he died) to get his cadence and word phrasing write. I obviously can't claim to understand his actual motives for doing everything beyond, well, the fact that it definitely had to do with the money, but anything else is obviously speculation and storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by realcasually View Post
    I've always thought of Faker as a class specifically for clones, replicants and knockoffs riding the coattails of OTHER Servant's myths, or whose legends revolve entirely AROUND mimicry. Holmes just isn't that, he's a famous killer. Everything else, though... Spectacular.
    Can you tell me Holmes's real name without looking it up? Do you know how many aliases and false names he used in life? Have you seen my Dagonet who basically represents how I perceive the Class?
    Clones, replicants, knock-offs, and body doubles make sense, but its so limiting that you may have noticed almost no one makes them, which is a shame because I think it's a very interesting Class. Do you know how many Fakers have been made in the CaS thread not even counting my two? 3. Even if I add in the contest submissions, its only 5. The requirement is too narrow. So, I have decided that, as it still fits the theme, people who are famous for taking on the identities of others or simply creating new identities for themselves. As to not make it so literally everyone who becomes popular while pretending to be someone else, I.E., most female heroes who pretended to be men, there have to be multiple cases as well as a reputation for doing so. This way, we can perhaps see more Fakers in the thread and interesting sheets based around them. Thank you for coming to my TeDTalk.

Quote Originally Posted by Cursed by Fortuna View Post
    Which could lead to an epic or remnants style of event if I did it right where The Darkness / The Other would work using a human or servant as a vessel to interact in this world in order to create an identity for itself (possibly citing that it had it's identity and name removed or forgotten, thus making it unable to interact with our world in any tangible way directly) and thus to build a foundation for it's existence, in essence a legend or myth for itself to establish an identity and name so that it could interact with this world.
    Makes me thing of the Darkness from... Well, The Darkness. Do people know what I'm talking about, or is it just me?

Also, Wyvern, tell me if I did it right.
    Last edited by Morg van Destro; Yesterday at 02:43 PM.

A.K.A. Rick, apparently realcasually's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Morg van Destro View Post
    Can you tell me Holmes's real name without looking it up? Do you know how many aliases and false names he used in life? Have you seen my Dagonet who basically represents how I perceive the Class?
    Clones, replicants, knock-offs, and body doubles make sense, but its so limiting that you may have noticed almost no one makes them, which is a shame because I think it's a very interesting Class. Do you know how many Fakers have been made in the CaS thread not even counting my two? 3. Even if I add in the contest submissions, its only 5. The requirement is too narrow. So, I have decided that, as it still fits the theme, people who are famous for taking on the identities of others or simply creating new identities for themselves. As to not make it so literally everyone who becomes popular while pretending to be someone else, I.E., most female heroes who pretended to be men, there have to be multiple cases as well as a reputation for doing so. This way, we can perhaps see more Fakers in the thread and interesting sheets based around them. Thank you for coming to my TeDTalk.
    You make some extremely compelling points, I must admit. Dagonet IS one of my favourite Fakers I've seen around, I've never denied that. Maybe I didn't phrase my own argument too well, and that's my fault. The only argument I could fall back on is that it's not necessarily what Holmes is famous for. Dagonet, to use your own example, the central part of his myth that you've used IS his nature as acting the fool to hide the hidden depths. Another of my favourite Fakers is Echo, over in the contest thread. The entire Narcissus angle works too well. But take Holmes. He's famous for doin' a bunch a' murders, which in my mind would mean he qualifies far MORE for the Assassin class.

That being said, that's just MY opinion on it, and it's not like you DIDN'T call out Assassin as one of his other classes-- nothing ultimately changes in that regard save for class skills, so it's not like there's actually anything about him I'D do differently (or nearly as well as you have). He already HAS Presence Concealment in the first place! It doesn't really matter WHAT class he IS in your version, because I love literally everything else about it, and I want to be clear I think this is literally the pinnacle of how the character could ever be handled. I was just ruminating on the class, really, and you've helped broaden my horizons on it. Maybe I'll try doing my own something with it some time.

Foreigner Sheetematic Universe! DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Fortuna: I did not care about the Nameless Mist and The Darkness so far because it is too obscure for me yet to have actual theories or ideas behind it. Because I currently look into creation stories, I could see both, who created the first real entities Yoggy and Shubby as some weird conceptual powers that birthed them somehow. If you wanna tackle The Darkness, good luck, I think it would be hard with the tidbits i remember about them. Probably look into the attempts of the mythos itself to syncretize it with other beings.
    Behold!
    My Stuff!

Arthurian Sheetamatic Universe! Morg van Destro's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by realcasually View Post
    You make some extremely compelling points, I must admit. Dagonet IS one of my favourite Fakers I've seen around, I've never denied that. Maybe I didn't phrase my own argument too well, and that's my fault. The only argument I could fall back on is that it's not necessarily what Holmes is famous for. Dagonet, to use your own example, the central part of his myth that you've used IS his nature as acting the fool to hide the hidden depths. Another of my favourite Fakers is Echo, over in the contest thread. The entire Narcissus angle works too well. But take Holmes. He's famous for doin' a bunch a' murders, which in my mind would mean he qualifies far MORE for the Assassin class.

That being said, that's just MY opinion on it, and it's not like you DIDN'T call out Assassin as one of his other classes-- nothing ultimately changes in that regard save for class skills, so it's not like there's actually anything about him I'D do differently (or nearly as well as you have). He already HAS Presence Concealment in the first place! It doesn't really matter WHAT class he IS in your version, because I love literally everything else about it, and I want to be clear I think this is literally the pinnacle of how the character could ever be handled. I was just ruminating on the class, really, and you've helped broaden my horizons on it. Maybe I'll try doing my own something with it some time.
    I understand it's your opinion. I was just presenting my case, and I completely get what you mean. He was going to be Assassin originally, but the opportunity to make him Faker was one I didn't want to pass up since, like I said, they're a rarity even when compared to something like Alter-Ego. I just want to see more of them and what people can do with them. Also, I really do hope you go for one at some point. I'd love to see what you come up with.

A.K.A. Rick, apparently realcasually's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    I understand it's your opinion. I was just presenting my case, and I completely get what you mean. He was going to be Assassin originally, but the opportunity to make him Faker was one I didn't want to pass up since, like I said, they're a rarity even when compared to something like Alter-Ego. I just want to see more of them and what people can do with them. Also, I really do hope you go for one at some point. I'd love to see what you come up with.
    Completely understandable. Again, if I think about it, making him an Assassin just means taking stuff out of your version, so honestly it's not even like I "lost" out on my idealised Assassin Holmes. There is only gain. Food for thought!

You know, thinking about it more, I know exactly who I'm going to do with it. It's a concept I already had, but I'd never thought of doing Faker with it... but it fits the class WAY better than it does the other potential classes in the wings. You know what, this is the motivation I need to type something up outside of the contest thread. You win, DelRey. I'll work on it... after I get done with all the IRL stuff I have to do this week.
    Last edited by realcasually; Yesterday at 04:10 PM.

Blog Entries
    I've seen a bunch of H.H Holmes sheets by now with pretty similar Skills and NPs (well, it's not like there's tons of variety in the figure to work with since his NP is pretty much inevitably going to be the Murder Castle). I have to say I think this one stands out the most in personality though. I like that you fleshed him out to be more than a crazed murderer while still leaving the ambiguity in his motives that makes him so effectively creepy. A genial but pragmatic man who cares for his friends while being willing to commit horrifying crimes is definitely scarier and more memorable than just a straight sadistic killer archetype.

Edgelord Extraordinaire Lambda-Nu's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So, I disappeared again because of college and work stuff, and now need to catch up on the compilation. Joy...

But I'm back now, and may have something posted in the near future. It'll likely be my Alter Ego Mount Fuji sheet I've mentioned a few times, since I've finally been making good progress on it. Could also finish that Rider Bull Demon King whenever I find wherever it is in my doc. Other than that, some of the other projects I have include sheets for Rider Argo, Hades (class indeterminate thus far), Ruler Ahura Mazda, Alter Ego Wan Hu, Persephone (class indeterminate thus far), Alter Ego Hermes Trismegistus, Caster Takiyashahime, Caster Lucius Tarquinius, and Assassin Dietrich Bonhoeffer.

Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Complete.

Servant Database (v2.0)

AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    Singularity / Lostbelt Database

Blog Entries
    Lambda you live Pog
    I recommend reading the Hestia sheet from the current contest, as a fellow Greek Myth enjoyer you may like it too
    Behold!
    My Stuff!

Also, Wyvern, tell me if I did it right.
    Lambda be Like:

Jokes aside.

I really love, pardon the pun, that someone else has decided to take the Class I created and made their own sheet with it. And you seem to have gotten it pretty damn well. Lover is a fairly straightforward Class, but comes with some nice concepts that allow for different figures to manifest in a new light. And I can see no better example than your Beatrice, summoned as an example of what Dante loved about her.

The idea that she will also fall in love with the master she is 'guiding' adds a nice little touch to it!

Looking forward to see more sheets use the concept. Maybe I SHOULD post that blog about my original classes sometime in the future...

Edgelord Extraordinaire Lambda-Nu's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    Lambda be Like:

This made me laugh.

But that aside, I decided to give Mount Fuji a Skill that denotes one as being a representation of one of the Three Holy Mountains. The problem here is that I don’t really know what that would do. Maybe she takes less damage from attacks by Japanese enemies or something? And then there’s the issue of the Noble Phantasm. I don’t think that dropping Mount Fuji itself on enemies is a really good idea, hilarious as it would be.

Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Complete.

Servant Database (v2.0)

AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    Singularity / Lostbelt Database

Blog Entries
    i have no idea yet about the history and mythology about Mr. Fuji, but I would have attempted to find a god associated with Fuji, research that god or at least it's name and find something that could count as concepts. Or in the case of the 3 Holy Mountains looking into why they are sacred, what do they represent for those who started calling them that and derive ideas for that. The only thing i would say right now is that Fuji's NP should rather be a supportive/defensive one.
    After looking for few minutes I would (if i would do Fuji) research the local goddess Konohanasakura, a shinto deity of cherry blossoms and associated with easy childbirth, that aspect seems to be preserved as it seems with buddhism she was replaced by her buddhist equivalents. Fuji is a vulcano, I guess inactive now, her history could touch on that in terms of character development, because wiki says she keeps it from erupting or is a kami of all vulcanoes, werent you the one who did a Kagutsuchi sheet? Perhaps you can find connections there.
    This Sakura lady is part of the Yama-No-Kami, mountain gods, there seems to be a theme on them going on and she herself is part of the lineage of Emperor Jimmu.
    Mt. Fuji in general is a symbol of Japan and so are cherry blossoms, working around that would be a (for me) interesting theme to explore.

I recently connected a famous youkai with a god that was born during the Kamiumi because that one was the only one associated with Snow like yuki onna. Connecting shit to the divine is just my thing, if you want a more modern/earthly approach that is interesting as well.
    Behold!
    My Stuff!