Page 512 of 620 FirstFirst ... 12412462502507510511512513514517522562612 ... LastLast
Results 10,221 to 10,240 of 12386

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

Blog Entries

Rider - Vlad the Impaler

So my first outright rework and reclassing of a canon Servant. Inspired by the game King's Quest VII of all things, which had Vlad Tepes as a headless horseman instead of the usual vampire. I then found out he was actually beheaded (and was obviously a horseman), so that weirdly made sense:

Rider of Impalement

(by kriskeleris. Source. Probably a placeholder till i find a closer picture.)

The Rider Class? This is… not according to my plan, but no matter, I shall strike fear in any foe regardless!

True Name: Vlad Tepes
    Alias: Kazikli Bey, Vlad III, Vlad Dracula
    Alt. Classes: Lancer, Berserker, Assassin, Avenger
    Source: History
    Region: Romania
    Catalyst: Summoning at the Comana Monastery, which he established and became the most accepted place of his burial.
    Armament: Horseback lances wielded in a bundle, sword side-arm, repurposed bones

Character: Take my head, take my land, take my identity, then I in return shall take your lives! “GYAHAHAHAHA!”

By this point, Romania’s Vlad the Impaler likely needs little introduction. But if he does, he was the military leader of Wallachia who showed no mercy in defending the realm against his Ottoman foes… most notoriously with his mass beheadings and impalements. Though he still carries an abnormally positive reputation in his homeland, even Romanian officials have admitted he would now be classified as a war criminal.

Unlike other summoned forms of Vlad the Impaler, as Rider he draws not from his life in battle against the Ottomans, his youth raised by those same Ottomans, or much of the legends that sprung up in his afterlife, but from the moment surrounding his own death. It was Vlad’s own tactics and brutal mannerisms which were used against him to bring about his death, as he was ambushed in his tent and mercilessly hacked to pieces.

What happened to the rest of his corpse is to this day still a mystery, with multiple locations across and beyond Romania being claimed to be his burial place. One notable claimant was later revealed to have nothing more than horse bones buried there. What became of his head though is known for sure, for as he infamously did with his enemies’ head, so too was his own head impaled, made into a trophy in the middle of his enemy’s capital of Constantinople.

Even without his head attached, as Rider Vlad remains as persistent and as hard to put down as ever, and at least one bonus is his intimidation factor has increased even further. Not being able to properly speak and not having the same advantages he would in other classes has made him somehow more difficult for any Master to deal with, but at the same time does keep him from getting too complacent in the Grail War. When communicating by other means, he'll insist on being called a 'Cephalophore' even though his status as a martyr is more than up for debate.

Attribute: Earth
    Alignment: Lawful Evil
    Likes: Being called a ‘Cephalophore’, iron faith in dire situations, cruel humour
    Dislikes: Being called a ‘Dullahan’ or ‘Headless Horseman’ as more than a descriptor, not being able to speak, scattered parts

Relationships

• Michael Collins: I thought to compliment you on us being oddly alike… except the thought of ever signing any Treaty with the Ottomans disgusts me. Saxons, fine.
    • Black Dahlia: Corpse hacked to pieces, a mystery surrounding your death… But do not think we’re alike in any way, for I at least led a noteworthy life.
    • C.S. Lewis: I was of the Order of the Dragon, so I believe I’ll be the judge of what is or isn’t Christian around here.
    • Christina: I would shame you for being such a pathetic heir to one of Christendom’s foremost defenders… but then it occurs that your Protestant father would’ve been my enemy too were I alive then.
    • Jafar: I was beheaded by my foes, you by your own side. Which of us did fate spit more on in the end, I wonder?
    • Milady: The thought that I met the same fate as a lowborn con woman…
    • Grimm: I know exactly what your German folktales say of me. Spreading fear is one thing, but slander is another! Be off with you while I still have mercy.
    • Pinocchio: A nose as a lance? Are you going out of your way to insult me?!
    • Skanderbeg: Malaria? To think even that was a more dignified death…

Master: He has always been one to demand obedience, but as his form in the Rider class sees him at his most fragile, in a crisis state even, he is even more demanding than ever. That is, if he can even successfully communicate with his Master, an unearthly cackle being his only voice now.
    Natural Enemy: Mehmed II, Radu, executioners such as Charles Henri Sanson
    Wish: Beyond having his head reattached, to have had any other death but his actual one at Turkish hands.
    Keywords: Impaling, Headless, Wallachia, Horse Bones, (False) Cephalophore
    Rarity: 4/5

Parameters

• Strength: ***** C
    • Endurance: ***** B
    • Agility: ***** B
    • Magic: ***** B
    • Luck: ***** E
    • Noble Phantasm: ***** C

Class Skills

Magic Resistance

Built-up immunity to magic.

• Rank C: Cancels spells with a chant below two verses, below the range of greater rituals and greater Magecraft. An unusual case as he can be said to have had a higher level of exposure to magic and the supernatural after his death than during life.

Riding

Handling of mounts and vehicles.

• Rank A+: At this Rank, Phantasmal Beasts can be ridden, in his case his ghostly, skeletal steed acquired after death. In this state he actually seems to handle undead mounts better than living ones, though what’d count as an ‘undead vehicle’ is debatable.

Personal Skills

Anabasis

A flipside of Demonic Defender of the State, this is the capacity to operate in and drain the resources of enemy territory.

• Rank C: As Rider’s head was taken in death and made a trophy in Constantinople, he is in no position to access any Demonic Defender Skill. He can make up for that though with his knowledge of enemy territory, having been raised by Turks, making him now less a defender and more a guerrilla behind enemy lines.

Fearsome Immortal

An upgraded form of Battle Continuation, where the Servant’s ability to keep on fighting surpasses sheer will and becomes supernatural in nature.

• Rank A+: Rider’s monstrous persistence in combat is now closer in nature to that of a Dullahan and other headless horsemen rather than a vampire, not that there isn’t overlap between the two. This ability, along with his Protection of the Faith Skill, may be what keeps Rider’s body (aside from his head) still whole, rather than scattered in sliced apart pieces.

Protection of the Faith

A holy protection born not from any divinity but from one’s own faith. Becomes increasingly fanatical and understandable at higher ranks.

• Rank A: Reduced to what became of him at his life’s end, Rider remains devout, yet his faith is now born out of desperation over everything else. Even though only the most devout Romanian would ever call him a Saint, Rider nevertheless sees himself as a ‘cephalophore’ (head-carrier) martyr, even though his head’s on a lance and not his arms.

Scream of Fear

A terrifying cackle that strikes fear into all those who hear.

• Rank A: Despite mostly being unable to speak, there is still one sound that can burst forth from Rider even without vocal cords. Ear-splitting maniacal laughter that can intimidate and lower the Endurance of anyone in earshot that somehow emerges from the hole where his neck was, which is in a way fitting given bouts of maniacal laughter over cruel pranks even when alive.

Noble Phantasm

Cal Scheletic
    Horse Bones beneath a Human Grave

Type: Anti-Army

At one of the most assumed sites of Rider’s death, only horse bones it was said were eventually uncovered. In undeath however, it is these bones at his purported grave that Rider can call forth, reassembling to make into the steed he now rides headless.

As a reattached skeleton, this horse’s lack of skin and organs unburdens the steed so it can gallop at faster steeds and being sentient but made of bone makes it difficult to damage by slashing or piercing damage, both of which many Servants rely on. That said, this does give it a vulnerability to blunt striking damage, and being all bones means it can fall to pieces quite fast once this weakness is exploited.

Being pieced together from bones though does give it a unique method of defending itself. Rider can rearrange its bones at will, letting the horse dodge attacks by shifting where its head or legs even attached, and even splitting into separate but independently active pieces. These split pieces can also be used as armaments, with the spine as a whip, a leg as a club, and its head as his own false head.

Kaziga Bey
    The Impaler Impaled

Vlad the Impaler as a Rider naturally makes a more than deadly spear-wielder from horseback. While he carries more than a few finely crafted pikes, even multiple at once in a bundle formation, one pike in particular stands out. The one on which is own head is impaled.

Said head has long deteriorated from how he was in life, increasingly rotted with the skull poking out, his stringy hair more a ghostly veil. It’s a disturbing sight to see, especially for him as the head is firmly stuck on and couldn’t be easily attached if it were removed. But that alone is not what is so truly terrifying about it.

One of Rider’s tactics was to disguise himself as an Ottoman soldier to fool the enemy, helped by his experiences growing up under Ottoman watch. He is now able to combine this subterfuge and all the Turkish heads he impaled with his own impaled head. A curse has been placed on it so that his enemies will see either their own head impaled on there, or if Rider has collected enough intel on said foe, the head of their closest companion.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Blog Entries

Source: Kyone San

Class: Caster
    Other Classes: N/A
    True Name: Kyosaku Yumeno
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Place of Origin: Japan (20th Century)
    Stars: 2/5

Parameters:

STR: D
    END: D
    AGI: E
    MGI: C
    LCK: C
    NP: C

Height: 181cm
    Weight: 130lbs
    Dislikes: Overuse of Logic
    Talent: Confusing the World
    Natural Enemy: Alice Clement
    Attribute: Man
    Traits: Male, Weak to Enuma Elish, Humanoid
    Armament: A drum floating around him
    Catalyst: A copy of Dogra Magra

Class Skills:

Item Creation E: He is incapable of creating items.

Territory Creation C: Capability to produce a writing studio less effective then a workshop.

Personal Skills:

Ayakashi no Tsumi B: The sublimation of his first novella, Ayakashi no Tsumi, the Spirit Drum. It is about how a seemingly harmless drum can curse an entire family for generations. This manifests as a floating drum which constantly encircles him, targeting anyone who is not one of his allies to cut away at their luck.

Noh C: The Noh style of Japanese drama, which Yumeno was heavily inspired by in his writing, in particular the horror and supernatural elements of it. The ability to manifest masks which follow the respective forms of the Noh, in his case preferring demonic masks to create fear effects and some spells.

The Green Father C: His son was known as the Green Father of India because he spent billions of yen on reforestation. This has become a skill granted to him, enabling him to constantly reforest the nearby vicinity, creating a more ominous feel while being able to partially control these trees.

Noble Phantasm(s):

Dogra Magra
    For The Whole World's Mad

Range: 100 meters
    Max Targets: 1000 targets

The sublimation of his most famous novel, Dogra Magra. When activated, it manifests as a wave of shadow encompassing all beings within a large radius, causing a few effects. Firstly, it changes things that will certainly happen to may certainly happen, is happening to may be happening, and happened to may have happened, weakening the flow of cause and effect and leading to peculiar instances and "glitches in time". Its second effect is far more powerful though, it obscures True Names so any name may or may not be the true name. This dissassociates beings within from some of their legend and prevents them from using their Noble Phantasms, for it may not be their name.

Lore: Kyosaku Yumeno was the pen name of Sugiyama Yasumichi, dharma name Goshin-in Gin'en Taido-koji, a famous Japanese author noted for his imaginative and bizarre, extremely surrealistic narratives, most notably the Spirit Drum and his most famous work Dogra Magra.

Personality: A cunning person with constantly changing and shifting personalities and thoughts, as if his personality isn't stable. He hates those who are too obsessed with something "making sense" over making sure something "is enjoyable". His wish for the Grail is to be able to continue to create stories.

Relationships:

L.M. Montgomery: "Your landscapes are lush, horrifying, gorgeous, far too filled with nature, and truly fascinating."

Alice Clement: "The truth? What's the lie? Is it hope or despair? You'll never find, the truth of the lie of the truth, in this endless story."

Ronald Knox: "Rules? Fuahahaha! What's the fun of rules?"

Fukuda Chiyoni: "Morning glory? Really? How utterly Lovel-awful!"

F. Scott Fitzgerald: "Jazz age? What is that?"

Blog Entries
    Like a lot of jishara's sheets, Kyosaku Yumeno sounds like some fascinating who I should look up more

Also, collective Velvet faceclaims (Crowe, not Waver) vs collective Komaeda faceclaims (so that Kierkegaard sheet and I think another Servant) ~

夜属 Nightkin
    Blog Entries
    Bat’ka of Anarchism

Oh, khlopetsʹ, how nice to feel the beating heart in my chest again. I'm Ryder, if you want, you can call me Bat’ka

Class: Rider
    True Name: Nestor Makhno
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Place of Origin: Gulyaipole, Ukraine
    Armament: saber and guns

STRENGE — C
    ENDURANCE — B
    AGILITY — B
    MANA — C
    LUCK — B
    NP — B

Class skills:

Riding(B)

The skill of the Saber and Rider classes. Rider has driven both horses and ground vehicles throughout his life. For this reason, he has a high rank in this skill.

Magic Resistance(B)

Provides protection from magical effects. Unlike the resistance effect, which simply rejects magical energy, this ability completely cancels spells. Despite living in a time when magic was rare, Rider has a decent enough rank to pose a threat to mages.

Personal skills:

Charisma(A)

A skill that allows you to lead the masses of people. Rider has a very high skill, even after death he continues to be respected. Rider is able to lead an entire small republic. Rider will have the greatest influence on the territory of Ukraine and, suddenly, the European part of Russia

Here's what I'll say - I fought for the common people. I didn't need fame, I didn't need wealth - I needed justice. And I intend to keep on fighting

Pyrokinesis(C)

A skill that allows the user to create and control fire. Rider does not have the highest rank, because he could not properly develop his skill. He is mainly able to create fireballs, which he uses not only to attack, but to distract the enemy. Rider also has a C rank Fire Protection skill, he is invulnerable against non-magical fire.

Old tricks, they were more trouble than good. In my country, magic is not particularly favored, they think that it is from the Devil. I personally do not believe in God and have fought with churchmen all my life, but if I showed my fire in front of everyone, and the whole struggle with the church would have been in vain.

Weak Constitution(B)

It is a weakness struck by the nature of frail health. Similar in nature to Innocent Monster, where the perception of the people in the future affects the existence of the Heroic Spirit. Rider is accompanied by the risk of a sudden status drop at anytime of every action. The probability of risk is not high, but when it is invoked in combat, it is immens. Throughout his life, Rider suffered from tuberculosis, which he caught in the Butyrka prison. The disease did not prevent him from fighting and fighting successfully, but caused his death in Paris.

(coughs) Damned consumption... and you can't get rid of it (coughs loudly)

Noble Phantasm:

Тачанка
    Surprise attack tool
    C

The favorite vehicle of Rider and his men. From itself, the tachanka is a horse-drawn spring wagon with an easel machine gun directed backwards in the direction of travel. However, Rider does not use the cart itself in battle.

This NP represents Rider's ability to turn any vehicle into a combat vehicle with a touch. In addition, the upgraded vehicle has the Spying ability - its presence cannot be recognized as hostile. Rider’s tactics during his lifetime consisted of surprise attacks. He and his men disguised their tachanka as peasant carts of goods, then to throw off their disguise and start shooting.

Usage example: Rider touches a simple car, turning it into a combat vehicle. The vehicle now has a hidden machine gun, rocket launcher, or even laser cannons if Rider learns of such weapons.

Республіка Гуляйполе
    Will or Death
    B

Crystallization of Ryder's dream of creating an anarchist state. It is a Black flag with an inscription in Ukrainian Воля або Смерть

This NP is essentially an improved Demon Defender of the State skill. The territory owned by Rider becomes Anarchist territory - it is not affected by Charisma skills (with the exception of Rider's Charisma) and Imperial Privilege, including variations of this skill. Similarly, NPs that are associated with any government stop working. However, that's not all this NP can do.

Rider in his territory is able to recruit people. Magicians, ordinary people, even the Master and Servants - all of them can become the so-called Makhnovists. Makhnovists are able to fight against enemy servants, they are also resistant to enemy Charisma. Moreover, the Makhnovists can now use Rider’s first Noble Phantasm. If Rider dies, then the Republic of Gulyaipole, together with the Makhnovists, will remain in peace until the flag is destroyed.

Description:

Likes: Ukraine, anarchy, his associates, anecdotes about himself, family
    Dislikes: Bolsheviks, monarchists, traitors, anti-Semites, nationalists, oppressors of the people
    Natural enemy: Vladimir Lenin, Pyotr Wrangel, Anton Denikin

Rider’s True name is Nestor Makhno, Ukrainian anarchist and revolutionary, participant in the civil war of 1917-1922 in Ukraine. He commanded the Revolutionary Insurgent Army of Ukraine.

Makhno is a friendly and cheerful guy who respects his people and strongly believes in the idea of ​​anarchism. He treats the Master in his own way, calling him a lad, and for him the Master is a friend.

It should be remembered that Makhno has a heightened sense of justice. He does not tolerate any oppression on national grounds, nor on class grounds. In his republic, Makhno holds discipline with an iron fist, although he listens to those who criticize him.

Makhno himself was a magician during his lifetime, which he hid. Despite his atheism, Makhno is quite calm about the existence of magic, but he will not worship any god.

Relations

Vladimir Lenin — Poshel ty v sraku, kher tebe, not my help. Do you think I forgot how you betrayed me when I helped you defeat Wrangel? If you come to me again - I will order you to stuff them with bullets, do you understand?!

Mikhail Gorshenev — You sing garno, khlopetsʹ, garno. Consider that from now on you are the singer of Gulyaipole. And that you are a dead man, don’t worry, since you don’t rush at people, then we are glad for you

Notes: The idea that Makhno was a magician came to my mind when I read in one article that there were various rumors about Bat’ka. His daughter, Elena, talked about all sorts of amazing cases from her father's life. Allegedly, when Nestor was baptized at the end of the 19th century, the priest's cassock lit up. By her own. And it burned with a pale pink flame that did not burn.
    “This child, having matured, will pass through the earth with fire,” said the priest.

So, according to Elena, it happened. She said that she herself saw how her father walked on burning coals with his bare feet. And if one of the Makhnovists violated the internal law, then Nestor allegedly locked him in the barn and threw them "with fireballs that were burned, leaving bloody ulcers."

I couldn't get past this.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Alexcoene's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    I’ll definitely cop to forgetting all about Artegall, but I was under the impression that in the Nasuverse there were two people with the name “Britomart” the mother who went through the events of the Faerie Queene and the daughter who the FGO event is about - although even if that is correct, I definitely could have done more to specify which one I was talking about during that sheet since I just lazily called them both Britomart throughout.

Well, I was only 'objecting' to the sentence about her and Brochwel Ysgithrog, which is all about the original one.

@Aruni: It's always nice to discover somebody I didn't know through a well-made sheet, though I gotta admit the differently-colored words kinda confused me.

@Vlad: Honestly, making an headless horseman just because he died from behading is a giant stretch even by Nasuverse standards, especially when Servants are supposed to be summoned in their prime and not undead monsters. It doesn't even have much to do with being a vampire. But despite that nitpick, it's still a very good adaptation of his abilities into another class.
    Last edited by Alexcoene; November 11th, 2022 at 05:42 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NailsInYourFeet View Post
    Like a lot of jishara's sheets, Kyosaku Yumeno sounds like some fascinating who I should look up more

Also, collective Velvet faceclaims (Crowe, not Waver) vs collective Komaeda faceclaims (so that Kierkegaard sheet and I think another Servant) ~
    Ooh I’m glad you liked my character choice Nails

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    "▂▂▃▃▄▄▅▅!" "Lord Berserker announces his jubilation over being summoned into this era to ravage more succulent maidens. Hmm, who am I? Forgive me, I'm merely his humble bride and attendant. There's no need to know my name, but if you must call me Machteld. My lord would get mad if I addressed anyone other than himself as Master, but I do hope we can get along cordially, Mage."

Berserker of Perilous Passion:

Appearance:

Source

True Name: Machteld & Heer Halewijn

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Alternate Class: Assassin

Armaments: A sword, claws

Strength- B
    Agility- B
    Endurance- C
    Mana- B
    Luck- B
    NP- B

Personality
    A sweet, well-mannered princess who just happens to be the bride of a terrifying monster... that's the impression Machteld gives off interacting with others. She "translates" the grunts and roars of her bestial companion into words, claiming that Heer Halewijn is the true Servant while she's merely a familiar provided to attend him. However exactly the opposite is true. Machteld is actually the dominant power between the two, and nowhere near as innocent as she appears.

A perfect princess who carried out all her duties with a sweet smile, she was in truth an empty shell who felt little emotion or desires apart from her role. Meeting Heer Halewijn was the first thing that awakened genuine passion within her, and even though it was from one who tried to kill her she clung to those newfound emotions desperately. Because of that, Machteld is utterly infatuated with peril and risk. She loves being the subject of hatred and killing intent, and goes out of her way to provoke such responses by subtly needling others.

While still keeping up the facade of an impeccably polite princess, Machteld excels at sadistically dragging up others' negative emotions to provoke them into violence. If she doesn't get her desired reaction at first Machteld is fully willing to utilize more extreme methods, such as taking their loved ones hostage or betraying allies. It's her dream to be hated badly enough that someone wants to kill her, because for her that's the same as being in love.

However, that's not to say she actually wants to die. The only thing Machteld likes as much as goading others is turning the tables and killing them herself when they try. She insists that no one other than Heer Halewijn is worthy to kill her, but wishes to enjoy a life of being pursued by her numerous "suitors". To put it simply, she is the kind of person who wants to "be loved", but doesn't actually love others, apart from Heer Halewijn.

Heer Halewijn's personality is much less clear as he's unable to communicate in anything but guttural grunts and bellows. However his demeanor shows him to be deeply loyal to Machteld, stalwartly offering his body to protect her. In life Heer Halewijn treated women not as humans but tools that only existed to pleasure himself. He considered that no woman could resist his enchanting voice to be proof of this, but grew increasingly bored and apathetic towards his "conquests" for lack of challenge. When Machteld finally bested him, Heer Halewijn recognized her as the first "true human" and fell hopelessly in love with her in his dying moments. Accepting the chance to manifest alongside her as a Servant he devotes himself completely to his "mistress", willing to endure any hardship or abuse for her sake.

He retains his sadistic lusts but willingly keeps them at bay unless Machteld gives him permission to unleash them in battle. At a word from the innocent maiden the normally placid giant erupts in a hurricane of violence, treating all opponents as "sacrifices" to carve his atrocities and misdeeds upon their flesh. He prioritizes going after female targets but this can be held back if Machteld orders him otherwise.

Heer Halewijn truly loves Machteld and would never hurt her again. This actually bores Machteld since she sees violence as an expression of love, but she still keeps him around anyways out of fondness. A twisted codependence between a dominant masochist and submissive sadist is one way to view their relationship, but despite it all they genuinely care for each other. Machteld showers Heer Halewijn in affection suitable for any married couple, stroking his armored helm or allowing him to rest his head in her lap. Heer Halewijn in turn does his best to woo her with acts such as picking flowers to give to her (ripping up an entire flowering tree as a bouquet with his inhuman strength), which come off as somewhat awkward given his demonic appearance.

Both sides of Berserker's wish on the Holy Grail is merely to incarnate in the present era so they can continue growing their love.

Attitude to their Master
    Machteld refuses to acknowledge anyone other than Heer Halewijn as her lord, however she recognizes the status of a Master to be grudgingly necessary for continued manifestation alongside her love. As such she'll do her best to maintain a cordial relationship, keeping up the part of a polite noble lady around them.

If they realize her true nature but continue trying to understand and sympathize with her, Machteld will grow increasingly confused and flustered, as for her love is synonymous with wanting to kill so for someone to express concern not based on that or a superficial admiration for her role is alien to her. She'll at first go out of her way trying to tease them to provoke an angry reaction but over time might end up flipping to fall for them in genuine, although they'd always be secondary to Heer Halewijn in her eyes.

Heer Halewijn is neutral to any Master, although he'd show jealousy if Machteld spends too much time with them necessitating some spoiling afterwards.

hated
    loved
    , Heer Halewijn/killing maidens, Machteld
    Dislikes: courtly duties, pacifists/escaped prey, failing to please Machteld
    Talents: role-reversal/serial-murdering
    Natural Enemy: Marie Antoinette, Sanson, Kayneth

Class Skills:

Mad Enhancement- EX
    A Skill that characterizes the Berserker Class, sacrificing sanity in return for raw power. All parameters are ranked up, but most of one's reason is lost. A monster that preys on innocent maidens, a beast animated by savage lust it goes without saying Heer Halewijn would possess the highest ranking in this Skill. However the dominant madness of Berserker's shared summoning is actually Machteld herself.

She is almost completely incapable of distinguishing "love" from "desire to kill", embracing being hated by numerous people as proof of their infatuation for her. It was said that even after escaping her encounter with Heer Halewijn Machteld never married, for no man could hope to rival the passion he ignited within her.

Personal Skills:

Self-Realized Monstrosity- B
    An "inversion" of Innocent Monster where the distortion comes from the Servant's own self-perception rather than being externally imposed. This Skill warps Heer Halewijn's appearance to better match his true self, a predatory monster who thirsts for the blood of innocent maidens. Instead of his usually handsome appearance, he takes the form of a grotesque grimacing demon clad in knightly armor.

As his (self-proclaimed) "bride" Machteld shares some of these effects, allowing her to wield Skills from her "groom's" legend such as Alluring Nightingale- B (representing his mesmerizing singing voice that lured six previous women to their deaths) and Monstrous Strength- D. This also results in Machteld's own slightly monstrous features, such as elfen ears and being able to lengthen her fingernails into claws.

"If you're a demon, then I shall become a witch. That way we'll be together forever, darling~"

Combination (Strange)- B
    A Skill that displays how much one's combat power increases when on a united front with a specific person. Despite being a monster who tried to kill Machteld in legend (with her successfully killing him in self-defense), Heer Halewijn mysteriously manifests as her stalwart protector, a gruesome guardian knight that taciturnly rebuffs any threats to his "mistress".

While Machteld refers to him as "Darling" and even initially conducts that he's the dominant partner in their shared summoning, the truth is Heer Halewijn is slavishly subservient to her, closer to a chained beast at her beck and call. This is because Machteld turning the tables on him awakened his own feelings of love for the first woman who ever stood up to him, resulting in him gladly becoming her dog just to be with her.

If Machteld is killed Heer Halewijn will certainly fade away as well. Conversely Machteld can live on beyond her "other half's" death, albeit surely driven into a rage by the loss of her "love".

Unimpeachable Request- B
    A Skill representing Machteld's request to Heer Halewijn to grant her a single boon before ending her life. The nature of this request varies from taking off his shirt (considerate that her blood would stain it), resting his head on Machteld's knee or cutting some vegetation that blocked their path. In any version she invariably exploits the request to turn the tables on her monstrous suitor, killing him while he's distracted.

This equates to an ability allowing Machteld to make a request of her opponent. Normally this is easily ignored but the more they "owe" Machteld the stronger it becomes, eventually gaining the coercive power of a Command Seal. Their "debt" to Machteld is weighed by both how much she's helped them and the harm they've done to her. Taking damage in battle counts as her accruing credit, but only if the confrontation was initiated against Machteld's will.

Machteld is incapable of commanding an opponent to kill themselves or directly harm another but she can issue requests like not using Noble Phantasms for the rest of the current battle, or giving her time to recover. Only a single boon can be requested per individual in the Grail War.

Noble Phantasm
    Galgveld Van Zes Verdronken Maagden
    If Six Pretty Maidens Thou Hast Drowned Here, The Seventh Has Drowned Thee

Type: Reality Marble, Anti-Unit~Team

A Noble Phantasm crystallizing the gallows field where Heer Halewijn took Machteld to kill her, and where she turned the tables killing him in legend. As the spot where princess and monster consummated their "love", this scenery is imprinted on Machteld's soul allowing her to recreate it as a Reality Marble. A culmination of both their warped mindsets Machteld and Heer Halewijn are only able to invoke this Noble Phantasm in unison together drawing on the memories of their "love".

Upon reciting the true name Machteld's surroundings are overwritten by a vast grassy field lined with endless rows of gallows. Stemming from ambiguities regarding Heer Halewijn's killing method this Noble Phantasm also acknowledges the tales where his victims were drowned instead of hanged, resulting in it being flooded by knee-deep water. As the place where Heer Halewijn perpetrated all his legendary murders, and where Machteld proved her own valor by finally besting him, both sides of Berserker gain + modifiers to all their stats within it.

Furthermore wraiths of the six previous maidens her "husband" killed still linger in the Reality Marble. Resentful that Machteld were the only one to survive and incensed by the sight of her embracing their murderer the ghosts go wild clamorously grasping from the depths in an attempt to pull her in. However since she's still marked as "surviving" and Heer Halewijn is known as having only been killed by her, they are unable to claim Berserker yet their blind flailings may still drag down the opponent mistaking them for one of the pair.

Their grip passively penalizes the Agility stat of Servants forced to tread through the water, while if the opponent actually falls in the ghosts will hold them down refusing to let go. Albeit most Heroic Spirits would easily be able to shake off these spectral hands, even a moment's immobilization could prove costly in battle. These effects strengthen the closer resemblance the target has to either Machteld or Heer Halewijn, such as being a princess or serial-murderer.

The numerous dangling nooses in her Reality Marble are also under Machteld's telekinetic control and can be willed to coil around the opponents' necks to strangle them. Combined this makes Berserker's foes have to face threats from both above and below in her domain.

So here's the idea I came up with from the Stat This thread. Thanks to WhiteFrenzy for inventing the Self-Realized Monstrosity Skill. As always comments and critique would be welcome. Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by RoydGolden; November 11th, 2022 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Fixed NP name

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thats a fookin' great servant imo
    Their distorted dynamic, skills and the imagery and NP really do it for me
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    Thats a fookin' great servant imo
    Their distorted dynamic, skills and the imagery and NP really do it for me
    Thanks man. This took a while to write up and is one of my recent Servants I'm most proud of. Though credit definitely goes to Legendary for suggesting a very good idea.

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Machteld & Heer Halewijn: I was already very curious with the whole convo over this FC back in the Stat This topic so I wasn't really scared of the final result, you always deliver after all. See? This is the proof. A solid sheet, a great execution and two twisted character you can't help but love... To hate. Also, that NP is just... Uhh, it's something. These two are truly made for each other, they're weird, man. I love them.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Nice take on them, I like the self-realized monstrosity to justify their appearance and the dynamic you built between them is great, especially in how it shapes how they'd interact with others.
    The relationship with the Master feels unnecessarily like FGO pandering though. Inserting [player] there despite their character being wholly reliant on their internal dynamic.

Also I might tackle these two as well sometime, I was already interested in the initial concept, but your sheet gave me a few new ideas.

Blog Entries

Source: Flame2Frost

Class: Avenger
    Other Classes: Caster
    True Name: Anna Kommene
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Place of Origin: The Byzantine Empire (12th Century)
    Stars: 4/5

Parameters:

STR: E
    END: C
    AGI: C
    MGI: B
    LCK: B
    NP: A

Weight: 130lbs
    Dislikes: People who "ursurp" her place
    Talent: Writing "unbiased" history
    Natural Enemy: Pope Julius II
    Traits: Female, Weak to Enuma Elish, Humanoid
    Armament: A stylus and a quill pen
    Catalyst: The Alexiad

Class Skills:

Avenger D: The nature of an avenger who draws grudges upon herself. Very few grudges were ever placed on her, so she has a nigh-minimal rank.

Oblivion Correction A: She will never forget until her grudge is finally completed and she ascends the throne.

Self-Replenishment (Mana) B: Her mana will constantly surge until her revenge is fulfilled.

Personal Skills:

Expert of Many Specialisations B: She was trained in many assorted fields to prepare her for taking the throne, allowing her to gain skills such as Rhetoric Tactics, Astronomy, Pythagorean Magecraft, Military Tactics... at ranks between C and B.

Medical Techniques B: She ran a titanic hospital/orphanage hybrid in Constantinople with beds to hold up to 10 thousand people, and was a very capable doctor who taught medicine to others there, even becoming the most noted expert on Gout. This enables her to wield healing techniques and cure patients under her care. She can also pass this on to others at D rank. And finally, she also gains Human Anatomy Understanding at rank C.

Born In The Purple C-: She talked about how she was "born and bred in the purple" as the Porphryogenita, born in the chamber for those to hold great power. Of course, then her younger brother was born and she lost the status. A skill granting her an aura of ruling surrounding her, manifesting as a purple shroud with writing constantly shifting on it. However, this fades as the grail war carries on.

Noble Phantasm(s):

Alexiad
    A Recount Of The Life And Times Of The Great King Alexios

Range: 100 meters
    Max Targets: 1000 Targets

Her most famous work, the Alexiad, an epic written in the style of works like the Illiad, noted as the primary historical source for what occured during the First Crusade. When the true name is activated, she invokes the roles of it, slotting herself into the role of the "Great Ruler", enhancing her Born in the Purple and Expert of Many Specialisations, while painting all enemies as "Barbarians", weakening their reasoning and magecraft. This naturally works more effectively against European and those hailing from the Catholic Church.

Lore: Anna Kommene (1083-1153) was a Byzantine princess most noted for being the author of the Alexiad. At birth, she became the heiress to the empire. But when her younger brother was born, her father, ignoring her own and her mother's protests, assigned him the status. Feeling wronged, she rebelled, and was exiled to a monastery where she wrote the Alexiad.

Personality: To those who she views as "civilized", she is a kind, courteous woman appearing to seemingly be a "natural-born princess". However, those who remind her of either the "barbarians" who attacked her father's kingdom or the "false king", her younger brother who took the throne, will reveal a far more cold and ruthless side to her. Her wish is to have her younger brother having died at birth.

Relationships:

Pope Julius II: "Crusades? NO! I won't let you do that this time!"

Pope Paul VI and Patriarch Athenagoras I: "Did everything... really resolve this smoothly?"

Tamar of Georgia: "You and I are two of a kind, aren't we?"

Yeongsangun: "Such a focus on revenge. No, I'm nothing like you."

Zhengde Emperor: "Is someone that childish really suited to be king?"
    Last edited by jishara; November 11th, 2022 at 03:52 PM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Spammin Spiff's Avatar
    Anna Kommene:
    Nice to see someone do a sheet for Anna, I actually had her on my list to work on at some point, but couldn't really figure out what to do for her as a servant. I actually think you did a really good with her, and definitely made her feel unique enough in comparison to other Writing servants. My only question is why you made her so tall. Other than that, it's a great sheet.

Blog Entries
    Update: Changed the
    seven
    Zeven
    in Machteld's NP name to
    six
    Zez
    since I realized I'd gotten confused over how many maidens were killed before her. I mixed that up a few other times throughout the draft but managed to correct all the others before posting.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spammin Spiff View Post
    Anna Kommene:
    Nice to see someone do a sheet for Anna, I actually had her on my list to work on at some point, but couldn't really figure out what to do for her as a servant. I actually think you did a really good with her, and definitely made her feel unique enough in comparison to other Writing servants. My only question is why you made her so tall. Other than that, it's a great sheet.
    I’m so glad you like her! Thanks for your comments. I have fixed the height

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Legendary Hero of the Chain's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Machteld & Heer Halewijn: As much as I appreciate the credit for the idea, I must say you've done an amazing job of realising that idea into a full sheet! Nice use of WF skill to bring about the monstrous aspects, and a really cool use of the legend to craft the NP, with the vengeful souls of the unfortunate six being a wonderful touch. Nicely done.

Also, definitely different enough from my ideas that I'll probably still do it at some point.
    Gaze upon the Throne of Heroes!(Servant Compendium)

Blog Entries

Source: Cinq

Class: Berserker
    Other Classes: N/A
    True Name: Nikolai Gogol
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Place of Origin: Ukraine (19th Century)
    Stars: 3/5

Parameters:

STR: B
    END: C
    AGI: C
    MGI: B
    LCK: C
    NP: C

Weight: 100lbs
    Dislikes: His own writing
    Talent: Writing
    Natural Enemy: Himself
    Traits: Male, Weak to Enuma Elish
    Armament: A quill pen
    Catalyst: A manuscript of the first volume of Dead Souls, charred ashes from his fireplace created nine days before his death.

Class Skills:

Madness Enhancement EX: A person utterly obsessed with his own writing, yet simultaneously abhoring it and fearing it as the thing to destroy him, his mind constantly wavers as he goes between fits of endless writing and obsessive destruction.

Personal Skills:

Dead Souls C: The sublimation of one of his most famous stories, the novel "Dead Souls", about a person who tries to pretend he is a land owner by buying those "Dead Souls", serfs which died but the records had not been updating, leading to the Land owners still having to pay taxes on them. This enables him to "buy dead souls", spending Mana to manifest ghostly wraiths to enhance his stats or menace the enemy.

Ostranenie A: The sublimation of his primary style of writing, utilizing fairly standard things but showing them in different ways to expand the effect of it. This allows him to "Switch a target's perspective" on any particular occurence, for example, if two people are arguing, he might switch whomever he's switching's perspective to one of those people, or to an onlooker, or to an animal, or really any other thing he can think of for a short period.

The Overcoat B: The sublimation of another of his most famous stories, the Overcoat, discussing how truly cruel man can be through an instant switch from comic to tragic. A skill which enables him to flip the "mood" of a scene from comic to tragic and vice versa, causing a funny joke to be transformed into a horrific insult, or a brutal fight to be treated like a game of rock-paper-scissors.

Noble Phantasm(s):

Diary of a Madman
    Insanity Slowly Creeping In

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 10 meters
    Max Targets: 1 target

The sublimation of one of his most famous works, the Diary of a Madman, about a person slowly slipping into madness and Schizophrenia. This manifests, in the form of a Noble Phantasm, as a book he constantly holds in his left hand. When it is opened, all those who can see it begin going mad, with hallucinations, delusions of grandeur, and so on.

Purgatorio and Paradiso
    The Sinful Sequel

Range: 20 meters
    Max Targets: 100 Targets

The sublimation of his lost work, the sequels to Dead Souls, themed around Purgatorio and Paradiso. He burned them in a fire, and nine days later died. This noble phantasm manifests as a book he holds in his right hand. If Dead Souls was built around "the Worst of humanity", so too were the sequels themed around the best. When the book is opened, all nearby are bathed in a white light that cleanses them. However, as this light passes, it grows into a titanic flame which consumes both Gogol and all within the light.

Lore: Nikolai Gogol (1809-1852) was a Ukrainian writer most noted for his use of the grotesque in his writing, of which his most famous stories include Dead Souls, Diary of a Madman, Viy, and the Overcoat. In his late life he became influenced by a Church leader who told him his writing was sinful and would damn him, so he burned many of his manuscripts, including that for the unfinished sequels to Dead Souls, and died nine days later.

Personality: An utterly mad man, his personality is constantly shifting between two sides: One side appears almost eerily calm and believes his writing and all writing and creativity is utterly sinful, and should be rooted out and destroyed. The other side, a more bouncy and obsessive side, believes that it should be cultivated, nurtured, and continue to grow.

Relationships:

Anna Kommene: "I utterly love your writing! I mean the way you used Alexios? Perfection! Perhaps... I could destroy your sinful works sometime soon. Or perhaps a collab?"

Pope Paul VI and Patriarch Athenagoras I: "My works are marvelous? Glad you think so, but I don't need your approval. But I must say your focus on unity is lacking. If you truly believe in it, why are you not destroying all this... ART."

Mariam Soulakiotis: "You enacted those horrific deeds in the REAL WORLD? How are you venerated, again?"

Tamar of Georgia: "I am a great admirer of your golden age."

Yosano Akiko: "What on earth.... is your writing?"

Anastasia: "What do you mean, bond with Viy? HOW?"
    Last edited by jishara; November 11th, 2022 at 10:03 PM.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gogol: No mention of Anastasia in the relationships section?
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Gogol: No mention of Anastasia in the relationships section?
    I have corrected that

夜属 Nightkin
    Blog Entries
    Gogol... is my favorite Russian-Ukrainian writer of the 19th century. I like his version of Berserker. I myself wanted to portray the writer as Rider, embodying the satirical side of his work. Do you mind if I do Rider-Gogol?