Page 55 of 620 FirstFirst ... 5455053545556576065105155555 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 12385

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    Ariwara no Narihira: Nice fox playboy. As always, an author that isn't a Caster is always a nice touch, and the collapsed notes are a great way to provide information without occupying a lot of space. Given his personality, I wonder how bad an encounter between him and my Inari would be.
    Oh my God you just KNOW he'd still hit on her even after knowing she's THE Uka-no-Mitama he's supposed to revere. He can't help it. Please kill him dead Inari I beg you.

Sappho: Oh my GOD? I love her?? As expected from Royd, your waifu-making skills are all out on this sheet today. She's an amazing servant who's also very much hits all the good spots when it comes to my preferences. And the fact she is a flirty makes everything better; let women be lewd too, Japan. (Also, that Noble Phantasm is terrifyingly amazing, congratulations for coming up with that I could never.)

Oedipus: This dude. So. Good. I liked his attitude a lot (and the relations section helped to flesh him a lot more too). His NPs are also very nice, all tied in with his legends, which is a thing I wish I could do so I admire people who manage to reach that level hahaha. Everything was such a ride in this sheet.

Komaróv: Padoru? I owe you my life?? This is one of my favorite works from you, to day. I can't even think of where I should start praise this dude. His skills are amazing, his Noble Phantasm is SO creative, so nice, so melancholic too in a sense... Actually, everything about this guy is bittersweet, but so entertaining at the same time. I love when people do good by one of my favorite classes. (And I also loved the Darth Vader inspiration, what a nice concept overall!)

Ilya: ROYD CAN YOU STOP BEING SO GOOD? Jk never stop. (I love that this is THAT PERSON who starts shit in a bar in any movie ever, that escalates to a full brawn between every patron.)
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm not good at giving feedback beyond 'this is good', so I'll just not approvingly like a stoic father.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Komarov and Gagarin bromance fic when

Archer of the Flying Sword

Face claim

Class: Archer (Saber)

Alignment: Lawful / Good

Info

True Name: Dobrynya Nikitich
    Nicknames: The Invincible Bogatyr
    Likes: Vladimir the Great, his sister, training, battle simulations, history channel
    Dislikes: Non-Christians, dragons
    Height: 6’4”
    Weight: 235 lbs
    Origin: History, Rus Folklore
    Region: Russia
    Catalyst: a sword from the time of bogatyrs .
    Talents: Sword fightings, archery, statecraft
    Armament: swords, bow, arrows
    Natural Enemy: The dragon Zemny

Stats and Deck

STR: B
    END: C
    AGI: B
    MAG: C-
    LCK: C

Buster - Buster - Quick - Quick - Arts

Class and Personal Skills

Class Skills

Magic Resistance (C):
    A skill that denotes a Servant’s ability to resist or cancel magic. At this rank Archer is to cancel or reduce the effects of lower level thaumaturgy and lower rituals.

Independent Action (A):
    A skill of the Archer class that allows a Servant to remain in the world even with the absence of a Master or a constant supply of mana. It is a double-edged sword for a Master as it allows them to use their mana for powerful spells and can ensure their Servant can continue fighting even when they have sustained injury. However it also makes them harder to control as the need for a Master is lessened, a Command Seal the only true way of commanding them.

Personal Skills

Hero Creation (C):
    As the mentor to Vladimir the Great, Archer is well versed in the upbringing of kings, knights and heroes. During his adult years he was tasked with raising Vladimir the great into the ruler of the Rus, the ancestors of many Slavic nations. Archer was known for teaching Vladimir the Great everything from knightly skills such as sword fighting and riding to matters of statecraft. Through this Archer was given a Hero Creation skill. This skill is given to a Servant in recognition for their ability to raise and teach other heroic spirits during their lifetime. This skill provides a rank up in both STR and the strength of another servant’s Noble Phantasm or a master’s mana supply.

Shine From the Heavens (C+):
    After days of fighting the dragon Zemny, Archer was about to quit and die after the third day, however, a light from heaven shone upon him giving him the strength to fight the dragon for another three hours before ultimately killing the beast. This legend was sublimated into a battle continuation skill, which makes the recognition of a Servant’s ability to continue fighting even in the face of death or through mortal wounds. At this rank, Archer is able to fight through the pain of mortal wounds with ease and is able to fight without rest for 3 hours upon this skill’s activation. This could mean that archer could potentially fight against another servant or master continually for three hours, track someone without stopping for 3 hours, or lay a barrage of arrows for 3 hours at a time without stopping.

Conversion by Fire (A):
    According to his legend Archer would convert his subjects by fire only to ultimately be thrown into it by the very people he was attempting to convert. Due to this Archer has manifest a unique Mana Burst skill. Although he did not practice magic in life, Archer is able to produce and control flames and heat to an extent at the caveat that the flames will only burn those with a MAG rank higher than Archer’s. As the difference in MAG ranks grows, the flames will burn hotter and hotter. Archer is not able to fire blasts of flames due to this skill but instead tends to heat the bladed edges of his arrows and sword to help increase his weapon’s effectiveness.

Noble Phantasms

добрыня кладенентс
    Dobrynya Kladenents
    The Sword that flies like a Sparrow
    Anti-Army Noble Phantasm (B)
    Targets: 1-100
    Kladenents, the famous name of the sword used by the bogatyrs. While throughout history and the tales of these knights errant, the name of the sword itself seemed to pass from Knight to Knight or warrior to warrior, this was only due to the popularity of the swords used by Vladimir’s Knights of the Red Sun. Only these knights of Vladimir held the true self swinging blades. When summoned into the Archer class, archer’s Kladenents forms itself into a more aerodynamic blade. This blade can still be used as a sword however it’s most effective when shot as an arrow. Like kladenent’s legend suggests this sword is able to swing itself with Archer being able to command its swings. Due to Archer’s summoning into the Archer Class, he is able to fire this noble phantasm as if it were an arrow and then control both its path and trajectory before commanding it to return. Archer in particular like to combine this noble phantasm with his Conversion by Fire skill and create a super heated and bladed tornado to both trap and kill his enemies.

Background

Archer, or better known as Dobyrnya Nikitch, was a famous bogatyr of Vladimir the Great. Upon his birth, archer was given a prophecy to not rescue anyone taken by a dragon or to kill a dragons pups or he would meet a similar fate. Hearing this Archer’s mother would make him promise not do commit this acts and so he did.

Archer was also once known as the mentor and uncle to Vladimir the Great, the Rus folklore version of King Arthur. Those who compare Vladimir to Arthur would also be found comparing Archer to Merlin minus the magic.

This comparison is mostly found in the comparable upbringings of both Vladimir and Arthur and both of their needs for a mentor to teach them the way to become a great king. Archer would go on to teach this young king everything from knightly skills to matters of statecraft.

Soon after Vladimir rose to power, he tasked Archer with saving a young noble women, Zabava from the dragon Zemny. Unfortunately this would only be the start of his downfall. On this quest, Archer would also come to kill the pups of Zemny in an effort to draw her out. After three days of fighting, Archer was about to give up and die from both his wounds and exhaustion, but a light shone down from heaven giving him the strength to fight for another 3 hours before Archer was ultimately able to kill the dragon. This however would only seal his fate to die a gruesome death. Upon saving Zabava, Archer and she grew very close but due to Archer’s low birth he was forced to give Zabava up to another bogatyr. This would become his most regretful action in life.

Later in life once Vladimir converted to Christianity, he tasked Archer with the conversion of his pagan subjects. Archer now hardened from both giving up the one he loved and a life of warring and fighting took this task and rode with it. Due Vladimir’s order to conversion by any means necessary, Archer took this to mean conversion by Fire, quite literally throwing thoughts who did not convert into massive fires. These actions angered his subjects and they would ultimately have Archer meet the same fate.

Personality & Lines

Personality:
    Of all the ways one could describe Archer, the mostly like would be a great mentor. Archer is often described as a father figure or big brother by Vladimir and the rest of the bogatyr, many of whom would often ask for his advice or council. Vladimir in particular saw him as one of his greatest friends and confidants due to Archer’s raising of Vladimir. Archer is normally stoic yet always seems approachable. When around those he deems as necessary of guidance, he will remain by but at a distance thinking that it’s better for those with innocence to learn on their own then have someone hold their hand. Archer prefers this type of mentoring due to his upbringing as a knight.

When asked about his past concerning the conversion of his pagan subjects Archer merely states that he was doing what he thought was right that the time. That part of his life was a dark one and only sought to keep his king and adoptive son happy along with being salvation to his subjects. While he recognizes that his conversion by Fire tactic was not the best, he repents that with the state of mind he was in, his subjects were lucky he wasn’t any more cruel.

When conversing with his master, Archer is always ready with a plan of action and calming words. As a former mentor to great heroes, Archer is most suited to work with younger masters and is able to better be used by masters with less experience as Archer will be more willing to assist. When working with a more experienced master, he will become more lax and appeal to that master’s decisions more than suggest his own.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Dobrynya: Nice seeing you finished that sheet you were talking about. I can see you took my advice about his Conversion By Fire Skill. Might help to actually explain the justification for it (Magecraft being a form of heresy) though, since as is I can see it not being entirely clear. For his NP, the imagery of a flaming, homing spinning death-arrow is pretty heavy metal. I like that.

Out of curiosity, since we both posted up Bogatyr Servants recently, how do you think he'd get along with my Ilya?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Vladimir Komarov: Wow ! just Wow a really creative Concept ,am iasume Right that his weapon of choice is /are Laserswords ?

Quote Originally Posted by SSW View Post
    Not really sure. I certainly thought Rider and Berserker/Avenger Oedipus should exist, but I can't really think of any Noble Phantasms beyond the whole just having the sphinx as a mount thing, which is a pet peeve of mine. Giving heroes something they fought against as a tool is something I feel has to be very strongly justified. Sphinxes are fun though, as are talking mounts, so it's not the worst example.
    The idea of giving Heroes aspects of their victories is Always good to see like look at Alcides of Strange fake which has acces to the sash ,and the beasts he can summon . and About Mounts which mount typs are you find the most cool or fun ones for me are it chariots since i saw Alxanders or Achiles and mytical Beasts or Ancient Animals like i did with Neferosobek which has Spinosaurus as main mount.
    ormy Steller which has the Giant sea Cow as Mount . that saidd how do you find my Steller actually ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFrenzy View Post
    Oh my God you just KNOW he'd still hit on her even after knowing she's THE Uka-no-Mitama he's supposed to revere. He can't help it. Please kill him dead Inari I beg you.
    Someone is surely going to appear buried under a mountain of food.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFrenzy View Post
    Komaróv: Padoru? I owe you my life?? This is one of my favorite works from you, to day. I can't even think of where I should start praise this dude. His skills are amazing, his Noble Phantasm is SO creative, so nice, so melancholic too in a sense... Actually, everything about this guy is bittersweet, but so entertaining at the same time. I love when people do good by one of my favorite classes. (And I also loved the Darth Vader inspiration, what a nice concept overall!)
    I'm really happy that he's a favourite of yours! Here I was thinking that maybe his character was too simple, but this kind of feedback (and the comments from the rest of you guys) never fails to cheer me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamerad View Post
    Komarov and Gagarin bromance fic when
    Someday...

Seriously though, I could contact my Brazilian friend who reads a lot of bromance and boys' love to get help from her if I ever feel like writing such a story. Though maybe I should try to finish my Inari & Ukemochi fic first... It's been 2 years already...

Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    Vladimir Komarov: Wow ! just Wow a really creative Concept ,am iasume Right that his weapon of choice is /are Laserswords ?
    Glad you liked it, Koga! As you can read in the Armament section, the "lightsabers" are actually modified welding tools that resemble a lightsaber.

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Dobrynya: Nice seeing you finished that sheet you were talking about. I can see you took my advice about his Conversion By Fire Skill. Might help to actually explain the justification for it (Magecraft being a form of heresy) though, since as is I can see it not being entirely clear. For his NP, the imagery of a flaming, homing spinning death-arrow is pretty heavy metal. I like that.

Out of curiosity, since we both posted up Bogatyr Servants recently, how do you think he'd get along with my Ilya?

thanks for the review! Ya I ended up using your idea, like I said I couldn’t really think of a better way to sublimate those conversions unless I combined it with the noble phantasm, but I think it turned out so thanks for your help! And oops I did forget the part about mage craft and heresy I’ll go back in and add that. As for how he would get along with Ilya, here’s a line I thought up.

concerning other bogatyr: Oh some of my brothers in arms have been summoned to Chaldea too? Don’t worry they won’t get too rowdy just make sure to keep the vodka coming and their party will subside into a slumber in no time.

Concerning Ilya: Ilya! Your here too?! It’s so good to see you again my comrade. It brings a smile to my face knowing that even in death your outgoing attitude has remained. Oh and please don’t get Vladimir all worked up his majesty still has a lot to learn from all of us.

hopefully these lines work well with your Ilya and other bogatyrs. Tbh I started on dobyrnya because of your popovitch sheet and will probably do my own version of the knights of the Red Sun + Ilya. The main idea I had for the interaction between Ilya and Dobrynya is that she is a good friend of his but like her history suggests hates Vladimir so Dobyrnya acts as a middle man between them. Think of Vladimir as an Shonen protagonist that likes to mess with his big sister and tease her while the big sister does the same to the protagonist.

Blog Entries
    Servant Berserker:

Appearance:

Source

True Name: Thiess Of Kaltenbrun 'God's Werewolf'

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Alternate Class: Caster

Strength- B+
    Agility- A
    Endurance- B
    Mana- B
    Luck- C
    NP- A

Personality
    Elegantly and with propriety. In words and action, the very picture of an ideal older gentleman. ...He's also a wolfman. Berserker sees no contradiction between the way he looks and how he presents himself. He's quite matter-of-fact about being a wolfman, but insists he's a gentleman first and foremost.

Berserker is a man of adamant faith, who regards himself as a warrior of God chosen to smite the Lord's enemies. He despises evil magicians who use the power granted to them by the Devil to exploit the weak and helpless. To defeat those villains, Berserker is even willing to harness their own black arts. Yet despite his zealous morals Berserker still retains a sense of mercy, at least normally. He recognizes that not all Mages are evil, as some use their powers to help people like he does. So whenever Berserker comes across a situation where innocents are in peril, he will first calmly evaluate it to figure out whose at fault before baring his fangs at the evildoer.

However, all that rationality blows away once his first Noble Phantasm is invoked. In that case he becomes almost a true mindless, merciless avatar of God's Will, one that only exists to butcher witches and all their vile ilk. Berserker is terrified of his lack of selfcontrol in this form, and hence only transforms when absolutely necessary.

Sometimes, in his more introspective moments, Berserker questions his sworn task, whether he's truly carrying out the work of God or merely following his own predatory instincts. In these instances, he shows a more morose and brooding side than his usual dauntless self. Yet Berserker ultimately resolves that he must continue following his path, for there's no one who can bear this burden but himself. To protect the world he cherishes, Berserker will keep dying his claws in blood again and again.

Berserker is normally a cheerful man, who enjoys telling stories to others, finding delight in regaling them of tales about his adventures. He especially loves telling them to children, appearing somewhat like a benign and eccentric grandfather figure entertaining them with wild stories of his past. Berserker likes telling his tale so much he will often do so even when inappropriate or unasked for, which can jeopardize the secrecy of the Grail War if his Master isn't careful. Thankfully (due to his human disguise) he'll just be mistaken for a harmless and senile old man most of the time...

Dislikes: witches, people who judge by appearances, being accused as a heretic
    Talent: indulging in sin while retaining his purity
    Natural Enemy: Abigail Williams

Class Skills:

Mad Enhancement- E (A+)
    A Skill that characterizes the Berserker Class. Raises parameters in return for sacrificing sanity and/or hindering mental capacity. Despite his eccentricities Berserker is a sober and dignified man, albeit sometimes blinded by dedication to his holy task. As such he normally has an extremely low rank in Mad Enhancement, not boosting his parameters nor stealing away any of his sanity. However upon invocation of Berserker's first Noble Phantasm his effective level of Mad Enhancement rises enormously, turning him into a true "Monster of God" whose obsessed with nothing more than hunting and butchering evil. After reverting to his normal form, this Skill lowers to its usual rank.

Personal Skills:

Baptism Sacrament (False)- B
    A type of Magecraft that changed style into a Church form. It is tremendously effective on a spiritual body.

Berserker claimed to use God's power to drive out evil spirits and bestow prosperity. However in truth his spells drew more from Pagan witchcraft than the Church's own foundation. By mixing together Christian sacraments with his own ancestral Germanic shamanism Berserker has devised a style of Magecraft uniquely his, one that carries traits of both holy and demonic.

A combination that was naturally deemed heretical by the Church, who reviled Berserker as an apostate and devil-worshipper. Yet regardless of the means he used Berserker's success in driving out countless evil spirits can't be denied. For Berserker himself, there is no contradiction in using Pagan Magecraft while fighting the Devil. As an avatar of God's Will, any methods he employs are condoned as holy and just. Even if it means dabbling in the black arts, or abandoning his human form, he is still first and foremost a man of God. After all, was it not said that even King Solomon himself relied on demons when constructing the Holy Temple?

As his Magecraft is basically Pagan in origin Berserker is especially adept at countering Pagan curses and witchcraft. In essence this can be considered a form of [Counter-Witchcraft] that neutralizes the occult with its own tools.

Shapeshift- C+
    The art of magically transfiguring one's shape. While Berserker in this Class by default assumes the form of a wolfman, he can shapeshift into a human. In his human form Berserker appears as an ordinary frail old man. Even his presence as a Heroic Spirit is masked, letting him effectively impersonate a mere hapless bystander. However maintaining his human form expends a constant, low level of magical energy from Berserker, so he only uses it while going out in public to avoid attracting unwanted attention. Berserker reverts back into his true appearance whenever he has to fight.

Protection Of The Faith- A+++
    A Skill given to those who sacrificed themselves for a religious view. Despite the name it's not a blessing from a higher existence, but merely the absolution of body and soul that is born from faith. However at higher ranks, it may create abnormalities in the personality.

In Berserker's case, it sublimates his unique unwavering faith as both a pious man of God as well as a Pagan magician and werewolf. He devotes every fiber of his being to vanquishing God's enemies, even willing to stain his hands in heresy to accomplish that task. For Berserker, who can uphold both sides of that duality without collapsing from selfcontradiction, an immense mental strength is bestowed. However, as a side-effect of this Skill Berserker becomes less able to notice contradictions in his own thoughts, rendering him liable to lose sight of when his intended goals stray from his methods.

Noble Phantasms
    Gott Wehrwolf
    Bare Your Fangs, Hound Of God

Type: Support

A Noble Phantasm born from Berserker's self-professed title as a "Werewolf of God". One who, even while casting off his humanity and embracing the form of a beast, nevertheless remains devoted solely to eradicating the enemies of God.

A constantly active-type of Noble Phantasm that wraps Berserker's body, warping and molding his flesh into that of a true Werewolf. As a result of this Noble Phantasm Berserker manifests as a humanoid, white wolfman despite being recorded as human in life, and acquires all the characteristics of typical werewolves. He's vulnerable to silver, has monstrous strength, gains enhanced healing when bathing in the light of the moon and can convert ordinary humans into fellow werewolves through biting (albeit, he fundamentally refuses to do so). Additionally, as this Noble Phantasm transfigures Berserker into a (self-proclaimed) avatar of God's Will, his claws and fangs deal immensely increased damage against demons, witches and anything unholy. In that case Berserker's natural blades will be engulfed in pale silvery fire, slicing apart his foes like a hot knife through butter.

By invoking this Noble Phantasm's true name, Berserker can transform himself more fully, shedding even his vestiges of humanity. Berserker's muscles bulge and expand and he becomes engulfed in a sheen of holy white light. When the light clears Berserker now takes the form of a giant, silvery-white and winged wolf with prayers to God emblazoned all along his body in gleaming gold angelic script. In this state all of Berserker's parameters are ranked up. However in return his Mad Enhancement spikes, making him unable to think of anything but carrying out God's will and slaying heretics. He can only barely constrain himself from turning his fangs against even his own Master, blindly treating all Mages as "witches" and thus evil. Due to Berserker's fear for his loss of control in this form, he'll usually only invoke it as a last resort.

Harrowing Of Hell: Werewolf-Style
    In God's Will I Vanquish All Unholy

Type: Anti-Unit

A Noble Phantasm that recreates Berserker's alleged voyages into Hell to battle witches and rescue crops for the coming harvest. It's a "finishing technique" he can only use while fully transformed in his wolf form. Upon howling its true name Berserker charges at the enemy, shooting forwards as a silvery ray of winged light. While on his forward trajectory Berserker will bypass any barrier or obstacle that stands in his way below this Noble Phantasm's own rank. As it re-enacts his journey into Hell, which exists in "another world" from the mortal earth, Berserker can freely transgress even dimensional boundaries that impede him from reaching the target.

Upon reaching the enemy, Berserker will pass by them while slashing with his front and back claws at dazzling speed. As Berserker slides to a stop behind the opponent, a few seconds pass before they're slashed apart in a cruciform pattern, projecting a giant cross of light in the air. After using this technique, Berserker will be greatly exhausted and have to revert back to his humanoid form.

So this is probably the last sheet I'll be posting up here for a while. Been watching BNA on Netflix lately so I wanted to try my hand at writing a wolfman Servant with Shirou Ogami as the FC, and I thought this guy would be a fun choice. As usual, comments and critiques would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by RoydGolden; April 24th, 2023 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Added likes & dislikes

Dobrynya:
    кладенентс
    It should be Кладенец if you want correct Russian. And in Kladenents you don't need second n, just Kladenets.

Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    The idea of giving Heroes aspects of their victories is Always good to see like look at Alcides of Strange fake which has acces to the sash ,and the beasts he can summon . and About Mounts which mount typs are you find the most cool or fun ones for me are it chariots since i saw Alxanders or Achiles and mytical Beasts or Ancient Animals like i did with Neferosobek which has Spinosaurus as main mount.
    ormy Steller which has the Giant sea Cow as Mount . that saidd how do you find my Steller actually ?
    Some interesting concepts but I don't think it comes together very well. There's a mashup of slightly too many concepts into more mechanical skills than seems necessary or really justified on a 18th century biologist. He ends up mechanically being kind of a budget Ozymandias, and that really doesn't feel appropriate to a modern servant, just like in general. I like the idea of him being composed of all the wraiths of the expedition and the exploring the unknown motif though.

Not really a fan of canon Alcides either. Some of the things from King's Order are fun but others feel like real cop outs. Like, just summoning Cerberus or the Mares seem fine since he actually captured them, but summoning the birds is dumb when he went and got a specific weapon in myth to deal with them, and could have just summoned that. Strange Fake has a lot of problems though.

I don't have any real preference for types of mount, I like to vary them when I make Riders, and I make a fair few Riders. I guess I prefer them to have an actual ability rather than just generically summoning a mount, like I did a Scylla where she could just summon Charybdis and the Noble Phantasm was having to choose between them, and a Ywain where he could summon his lion but it would always show up in his times of need, no matter what. Like the Sea Cow grudge true name release thing too, come to think of it.

I'll have your heart! Hound of Ulster's Avatar
    Somthing I made for fun, and also so I can make a Roland before FGO does. Was for a roleplay before it got killed with semantics. Might play him some time in the future, though. Ranking his primary Noble Phantasm was annoying since Knight of Owner was more or less Urobutcher'd. Anyway, here's the hero of the Simp Wars.

I also wanted to rewrite the dock fight from Zero, but with everyone questioning why a naked guy is asking for Saber's feet pics before thanking Gilgamesh for giving him his sword back.

Name: Roland

Title(s): Orlando, The Valiant, The Furious, The Nude

Class: Berserker

Attribute: Earth

Alignment: Runaway Clothes

Character
    A valiant Paladin. The greatest known of Charlemagne's Twelve Peers and wielder of the unbreakable Durandal. However, he appears to be summoned as himself from the events of Orlando Furioso, rather than at his prime. Reckless, wild, and always thirsty. Basically a mix between a college frat boy out during Spring Break and that one guy who spent his entire life savings on his second favorite female Twitch streamer after finding out the first one was married.

Parameters (Without Mad Enhancement)
    STR: B+

END: A

MGI: B

LCK: C

Class Skills
    Mad Enhancement: E++
    Class skill of Berserker. Normally doesn't receive the benefits of Mad Enhancement, and can more easily be reasoned with if he finds the other party "cute". However, due to the effects of another skill, Roland's reasoning has already deteriorated to begin with. Also, this skill receives a Rank-Up in proportion to the amount of clothes Roland has discarded, with the effects of Mad Enhancement at Rank 'C' when Roland is completely naked. Perhaps it is a metaphor to Roland's reason, easily discarded much like his clothes, or maybe this just alludes to his deviant nature.

Personal Skills
    Evaporation of Sanity (Moon): A
    Skill that denotes one's reasoning and sanity being robbed away. In Roland's case, his reasoning and even most of his inhibitions are robbed away, resulting in him to act as he wishes. Regressing into naught but a raving degenerate, the only thing that prevents him from indulging in his basest desires is his heart of valor. However, this is a fragile thread, especially when the moon becomes visible. In exchange, a form of Instinct is achieved, guiding Roland's blade in battle even in the throes of madness. Plus corrections to STR are granted when the moon is visible, but in exchange, inhibitions are completely removed as Roland's sanity is "kept on the moon."

Unbroken Valor: B+
    A skill unique to Roland, and a mutation of the Bravery skill. The unbreakable nature of Durandal, said to be a symbol of its wielder's courage, has been ingrained within Roland's heart. A form of Bravery that can be maintained even when overcome with madness. However, rather than allowing Roland to keep his reasoning, control is harder to maintain and destructive power is increased while under the effects of Mad Enhancement, his will shaping him to an unstoppable force akin to a natural disaster.

Battle Continuation: A
    A skill that allows one to keep fighting despite suffering from mortal wounds. Driven by both faith and duty, Roland will never give up. The song of Roland's last stand at Roncevaux Pass is held in high praise even today, attesting to Roland's strong force of will even in the face of death. So long as a decisively lethal blow isn't made, it is possible to continue fighting and even survive while sustaining mortal wounds.

Noble Phantasm: Nice Knife
    Name: Durandal

Title
    : Ultimate Unbroken Hollow

Rank
    : A+ (C)

NP Type
    : Anti-Unit

Range
    : 1

Maximum Number of Targets
    : 1

The Peerless Sword. A splendidly forged symbol of power, and Roland's signature weapon. An indestructible sword, its blade will not lose its sharpness even when its user is depleted of magical energy. Normally the hollow sword would also be filled with three miracles. However, due to being summoned as a Berserker, those miracles seem to be absent from the blade itself. Because of this, this Noble Phantasm has been Ranked-Down to 'C'. Furthermore, Roland is more likely to abandon it due to his lack of sanity, leaving him utterly weaponless if not for his second Noble Phantasm.

Noble Phantasm: "HEY THANKS I LOST THIS"
    Name: Paladin Possessor

Title: Peerless Mastery of Arms

NP Type: Anti-Unit

Range: 1

Maximum Number of Targets: 1

The primary Noble Phantasm of Roland as a Berserker, and a crystallization of his various feats of prowess with improvised weaponry, such as slaying a dragon with a mere stick, or defeating a sea monster with an anchor. There has been more than one occasion where Roland had been left without Durandal whether it was stolen or abandoned, but even so Roland has always been able to defeat his opponents with whatever is available to him, similar to a certain other knight from a distinctly different organization.

Any item claimed in Roland's hands can become a Noble Phantasm designated as "the appropriate weapon for the situation", regardless of the item's initial attribute. Roland can then use this item to accomplish this intended purpose. For example, a stick can become "a suitable dragon-slaying sword" when faced against a dragon, whereas an anchor would become "a sutable hook to subdue a monster" when facing a sea serpent. The designated weapon is then filled with an excess amount of magical energy in order to accomplish its task while exceeding both Roland's and the item's normal limits. Once the item's purpose is accomplished, it is then destroyed, overloaded with Roland's mana. While the base cost of this Noble Phantasm is rather low for a Noble Phantasm with high mystery, even actions that are on the level of Command Spells can be performed if enough magical energy is supplied to the weapon. The more magical energy is poured into a specific item, the higher equivalent Noble Phantasm rank it reaches.

The properties granted to the given item are judged based on Roland's perception on what is "correct" for the situation. However, because Roland lacks reason, more advanced nuances cannot be performed with a single item, and there is also the chance that the weapon may not have the most objectively correct attributes in a given issue. Also, Roland cannot use this Noble Phantasm to properly wield the Noble Phantasms of other Servants as he would be unable to surpass the legend of another hero. Finally-, and this goes without saying,- this Noble Phantasm has very high compatibility with Durandal due to the weapon's unbreakable blade, but because Roland's insanity, it is more likely that he would abandon his sword before using it properly. When utilized with Durandal, however, Roland is capable of achieving feats similar to the miracles formerly held within the blade.

Blog Entries
    Roland: Honestly, it's a little flat, and aside from the perviness (which was already pretty much established in canon) lacks a really memorable take on his legend. Maybe I'm just saying that because there's been so many Roland sheets already, so it's a little hard for one to stand out. I do have to say I like his unique Bravery variant and you went to the trouble of distinguishing his "use anything as a weapon" NP from Lancelot's in an interesting way. I also love the touch of his Mad Enhancement increasing as he takes off clothes. The idea of "getting stronger the more he strips" somehow reminds me of Mikisugi from Kill La Kill...

So, any thoughts on my Theiss?

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Rider of Distant Lands

"Congratulations, Master, you've summoned one of humanity's earliest explorers! Paving new paths that connect the world, overcoming impossibilities, one step at a time... Servant Rider has answered your summons! ...So, what do you think? I worked hard on this dramatic entrance, you know!"

Source

Class: Rider
    Other Classes: Lancer, Foreigner (?)

True Name: Hanno the Navigator
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Origin: Carthage (5th-6th century BC)

Parameters:

STR: C
    END: A
    MGI: C
    LCK: A
    NP: B

Dislikes: Pessimism, hostile natives
    Talent: Seafaring, establishing and connecting settlements, telling tall tales
    Armament: Spear, short sword
    Catalyst: An ancient tablet describing a certain voyage

Class Skills
    Riding

A Skill denoting the ability to ride mounts and vehicles. All vehicles and all creatures but those of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast-rank can be used as mounts. Despite only famous for riding ships and horses in life, Rider possesses this skill at a high rank. Perhaps it was because of his ancient origins, or the amount of mystery surrounding his voyage, or...

"Eh? What are you talking about? As someone who will continue to explore uncharted territories, a high-rank Riding skill is simply a must! Be it the depths of the ocean or the sea of stars above... It's only impossible until someone does it, and I fully intend to be that someone!"

Magic Resistance

Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. Cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for them to be affected.

Personal Skills
    Voyager of the Storm

The talent to sail vessels recognized as ships. Because the ability as a group leader is also necessary, this unique Skill also has the effects of both Charisma and Military Tactics. The leader of a naval expedition exploring uncharted lands along the west coast of Africa, Rider was a natural-born captain to his men. The people of Carthage welcomed him triumphantly upon his return, and his crew spoke greatly of his feats.

Survivalist

Denotes one's aptitude for survival under harsh conditions. Grants a boost to endurance, alongside the effects of similar skills that boost one's survivability, including Unyielding Will, Battle Continuation, and Disengage. Rider's voyage had not gone smoothly. It was rife with various obstacles and challenges such as disease, starvation, weather, and hostile natives, among all else. Yet as someone who firmly believes in "overcoming the impossible", Rider overcame these trials through his own strong will and resourcefulness.

Proof of Friendship

A Skill to suppress an enemy Servant's fighting spirit to a certain extent, where then a dialogue can begin. However, the enemy Servant must not possess a Mental Corruption Skill. In regard to a Holy Grail War, an advantageous check can be obtained when constructing temporary alliances. Throughout his voyage, Rider encountered a variety of indigenous tribes. While differences in language and culture may cause conflict to erupt in these encounters, Rider managed to avoid conflict for the most part. Instead, he used his diplomatic skills to facilitate a peaceful cultural exchange and establish friendships with the numerous tribes he encountered, some of them even swearing allegiance to Carthage. This Skill is a testament to his diplomatic spirit, allowing him to forge connections and friendship in situations where even mutual understanding is only barely possible.

Hero of Uncharted Lands

Thanks to his voyage, Rider's name was known far and wide, and tales of his life was retold countless times. Not just in Carthage, but also throughout the settlements he founded, as well as within the numerous tribes he encountered. A Skill that functions similarly to Demonic Defender of the State, this Skill denotes one explorer's feat of accumulating fame in distant lands, far from his own homeland. Wherever Rider is summoned, the surrounding area is marked as his personal territory, and he gains access to leylines within the vicinity. Denoting the act of "accumulating fame in foreign lands", Rider gains the benefits of a small fame boost within this "new uncharted frontier". This fame boost gradually grows in strength the more people are aware of him and his actions.

Noble Phantasm(s)

Marvelous Beasts of Foreign Lands
    Gorillai

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: Anywhere within his established "territory"
    Max Targets: 50

"These are gorillas, okay!? Never mind that they have superhuman strength and speed, Anti-Divine properties, and they, uh... breath fire, among all else. Eh!? Gorillas aren't supposed to do that!? Well, screw you and your boring truth! If I can dream it, I can will it!"

Near the end of his voyage, Rider encountered a particularly odd tribe; "hairy and savage people, their large bodies covered in thick black fur". After determining that mutual understanding with these people are impossible, Rider attempted to capture and bring them back to Carthage for further study. Despite his best effort, he was only able to capture three females, none which survived the return trip. Rider was able to preserve their skins and documented their characteristics in his notes, but for a time, Rider and his crew were the only ones who knew of the existence of the species later classified as the "gorilla".

As a Noble Phantasm, Rider can summon numerous Phantasmal Beasts resembling the beasts he once encountered as familiars. Each summoned gorilla is roughly equivalent to a low-ranked Berserker Servant with D-rank parameters. That said, while summoning a large number of gorillas to assault the enemy makes this Noble Phantasm formidable enough on its own, it's true capabilities lie elsewhere. As the sole holder of a "truth", Rider possesses the ability to alter it. That is, he can spend mana to increase his familiars' parameters or bestow them with certain skills and attributes as he sees fit. While one may simplify the idea of this Noble Phantasm as "forcing a lie to become the truth", Rider prefers the interpretation that this Noble Phantasm is the embodiment of his mentality. A willpower so strong that it can overturn established truths and replace it with his own ideals, showing that even the most absurd ideas are attainable if you believe in them enough... or so it seems. Unfortunately, perhaps due to limitations from the world, this Noble Phantasm's mana cost gradually increases the further his "upgrades" stray from humanity's standard image of a gorilla (Strangely enough, allowing a gorilla to grow into gargantuan size and granting them superhuman strength does not incur that much mana cost, perhaps due to a certain movie ingrained in humanity's collective unconscious, altering the image of a gorilla).

On another note, it seems that this Noble Phantasm would take on a different form if Rider was somehow summoned under the Foreigner class, shedding truth on what truly happened at the end of that fateful voyage...

Description
    "It's only impossible until someone does it!"

Rider's True Name is Hanno the Navigator, a Carthaginian explorer from the sixth or fifth century BC, famed for his naval exploration through the western coast of Africa.

Rider is a brash, somewhat cocky optimist who is extremely determined on "overcoming all obstacles and turning the impossible possible". Of course, as an accomplished navigator, Rider has the capabilities to back up his overflowing idealism. He is endlessly resourceful, able to come up with out-of-the-box ideas under the most dire of circumstances. Similar to his experiences in life, he prefers to avoid conflicts if possible, constantly believing in humanity's better nature and believing the best outcome to be achievable through diplomacy. Oftentimes, his beliefs turns out to be true, thanks to both his innate charisma and his Skills.

Most of the time, Rider assumes the role of a big brother mentor to his Master. He eagerly recounts tales of his voyage (occasionally adding some tall tales to spice things up) and wishes to impart his "nothing is impossible" mentality to his Master. He is also fond of telling his stories to easily impressionable children, becoming "everyone's favorite big bro" of sorts. That said, Rider's blind optimism can be a serious character flaw of his sometimes. As one who believes so much in the best of humanity, it can be hard for him to see the worst. He may have trouble comprehending others with more grounded, pragmatic mindset, which may make it hard to convince him to fight sometimes. Furthermore, his "keep moving forward" attitude can be grating to some, especially in truly hopeless situations, or in situations where one needs time to process their feelings before moving on. Regardless, while he is headstrong, it's not impossible to gradually change his mindset, as Rider does genuinely want to support his Master.

Rider does not have any specific wish to the grail. He simply wishes to explore more unknown lands, but since most of the Earth had been uncovered, he had to think of something else. Now, he wishes to explore the sea of stars above, or the untouched depths of the ocean, or wondrous alternate universes. Such wish may seem impossible to accomplish for humanity, but for him, well... "It's only impossible until someone does it! And I fully intend to be that someone!"

Lore
    Hanno the Navigator was a Carthaginian explorer of the sixth or fifth century BC, best known for his naval exploration of the western coast of Africa. The only source of his voyage is a Greek periplus. According to some modern analyses of his route, Hanno's expedition could have reached as far south as Gabon; however, others have taken him no further than southern Morocco.

Carthage dispatched Hanno at the head of a fleet of 60 ships to explore and colonize the northwestern coast of Africa. He sailed through the straits of Gibraltar, founded and repopulated seven colonies along the African coast of what is now Morocco, and explored significantly farther along the Atlantic coast of the continent. Hanno encountered various indigenous peoples on his journey and met with a variety of welcomes.

At the terminus of Hanno's voyage, the explorer found an island heavily populated with what were described as hirsute (hairy) and savage people. Attempts to capture the men failed, but three of the women were taken. These were so ferocious that they were killed, and their skins preserved for transport home to Carthage. The skins were kept in the Temple of Juno (Tanit or Astarte) on Hanno's return and, according to Pliny the Elder, survived until the Roman destruction of Carthage in 146 BC, some 350 years after Hanno's expedition. The interpreters travelling with Hanno called the people Gorillai (in the Greek text Γόριλλαι). When the American physician and missionary Thomas Staughton Savage and naturalist Jeffries Wyman first described gorillas in the 19th century, the apes were named Troglodytes gorilla after the description in Hanno.

Having run out of supplies to proceed further after the encounter with the gorillas, Hanno returned home to Carthage, where he received a triumphant welcome from the people and was rewarded with fame and riches. However, no amount of riches could fully quell his thirst for challenges and adventures, and so Hanno embarked on a number of lesser-known voyages throughout Africa, cementing his life as one of history's earliest recorded explorers, as well as an adventurous man determined to overcome all obstacles in his path.

The primary source for Hanno's expedition is a Greek periplus, supposedly a translation of a tablet Hanno is reported to have hung up on his return to Carthage in the temple of Ba'al Hammon, whom Greek writers identified with Kronos. The full title translated from Greek is The Voyage of Hanno, commander of the Carthaginians, round the parts of Libya beyond the Pillars of Heracles, which he deposited in the Temple of Kronos.

In the fifth century, the text was translated into a rather mediocre Greek. It was not a complete rendering; several abridgments were made. The abridged translation was copied several times by Greek and Greek-speaking Roman clerks. Currently, there are only two copies, dating back to the ninth and the fourteenth centuries.

The first of these manuscripts is known as the Palatinus Graecus 398 and can be studied in the University Library of Heidelberg. The other text is in the Codex Vatopedinus 655, found in the Vatopedi monastery in Mount Athos, Greece, and dated to the beginning of the 14th century; the codex is divided between the British Library and the French Bibliothèque Nationale.

Relationships
    Pioneers of the Stars:
    "Ah, living proof that nothing is ever truly out of reach for humanity! You oughtta tell me of your struggles to achieve the things you did someday, that would be one hell of an inspirational story!"

Napoleon Bonaparte:
    "Worry not..."
    "FOR I AM HERE!!"
    "Ahaha, I like your style! Say, would you like to join me in another expedition one of these days? My crew could use a man like you."

Voyager:
    "So in a way, humanity has reached the sea of stars. Y'know kid, back then, I spent many nights stargazing, reaching out and wondering if humanity could someday touch the stars. In fact, the stars had saved me a few times. Sometimes they serve as a guide to my destination, other times they mark the changing times and seasons. I wonder if you feel the same way up there... Your journey might be a lonely one, but don't ever forget that you're never truly alone. You have all of humanity behind your back! So keep moving forward, and remember! It's only impossible until someone does it!"

Romulus:
    "Wait, in the end it's... It's all Roma?"
    "Always has been, my child. Even you. For you too, are already ROMA."
    "WHA-"

Creator's Notes
    A pretty straightforward sheet this time around. I kinda debated on giving him Pioneer of the Stars. On one hand, he was one of history's earliest recorded explorers. On the other hand, the act of exploring in itself has probably been around since way before his time, and there was no notion saying that his voyage was "impossible" in any way, so I decided against it. Other than that, I initially planned to make him a Foreigner instead, where the gorillas he encountered turned out to be some eldritch entity, but I couldn't find a good Lovecraftian horror to tie him with. Maybe some other time, then.
    Last edited by BnEl15; July 14th, 2020 at 04:29 AM.

Blog Entries
    Hanno: an really good and interesting eplorer you have made and his noblephantasm is i must say quite creative and About the giga Gorillas is that a King Kong reference ? and besides although i am not very Knowledge rich in chinese have i ever found it funny that they named him King Kong as "Kong" means already King ? i am curious which are his noblephantasm in his other classes ? and how doese he think of my Georg Steller as he were also a benevolent Explorer ? and i am open said also curious how you find him ?

Blog Entries
    Yes, that was indeed a King Kong reference. Steller is pretty good. Connecting him with Sedna is unexpected, but reasonable. I have mixed feelings regarding his second NP, though. It's an interesting Reality Marble, but I don't think it warrants the Anti-Humanity classification, especially EX-rank at that. Imo it might fit Anti-Army, but unless it has some deep conceptual aspect that can affect humanity at large (the closest thing we have to another Anti-Humanity NP is Ars Almadel Salomonis), I don't think it could be classified as Anti-Humanity.

Character-wise, he'd get along with Hanno due to their similar outlook on life and their love of exploration.

Blog Entries
    Im glad that you think he is a good servant ,the Anti-Humanity category is because i thought that it symbolise the nature that attack the Humen that try to invader it so basically a reference on their voyage where all Elements were against the Men . are you curious why he has Avenger qualification and how he vary in his opther classes ? and i am curious which Spear Nblephantasm Hanno has a Lancer ?

Blog Entries
    As a Lancer, Hanno would still have access to Gorillai, albeit a weaker/more limited version of it. Other than that, his Hero of Uncharted Lands would become his second NP instead of a skill. Anywhere his spear is planted, that area would be established as his "territory", and he would receive various benefits from it.

Thesis: another great sheet, I like how you were able to explain why he was summoned as more of a wolf man rather than a human. Another aspect of the sheet that I like is the Brahmastra effect against demonic enemies. The one problem I have with the sheet is that would Thesis be able to transform from his human form directly into the named Noble phantasm form? I feel think this might be a little op for a Berserker since they way you describe his presence concealment in that form.

Hanno: boy do I think you did a great job. I was actually looking for another servant to do and I though of doing an explorer as well and saw hanno but couldn’t think of any good noble phantasms for him. I really like how you were able to prove this wrong with the NP you gave him. What I really like about it though is it’s “sublimation of a lie become the truth” or as you put it hanno’s will making it so. I love these types of noble phantasms as they sublimate the idea of something to make it real like with Vlad’s noble phantasm not being the spikes themselves but the very idea of impalement. Great job

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Ellis. View Post
    Thesis: another great sheet, I like how you were able to explain why he was summoned as more of a wolf man rather than a human. Another aspect of the sheet that I like is the Brahmastra effect against demonic enemies. The one problem I have with the sheet is that would Thesis be able to transform from his human form directly into the named Noble phantasm form? I feel think this might be a little op for a Berserker since they way you describe his presence concealment in that form.
    Glad you liked it. For your question, I imagine Theiss can't use any of his Servant abilities except shapeshifting back while in his human guise. So no, he can't release his NP in that state. You're right that would be a bit OP otherwise...