Page 88 of 620 FirstFirst ... 38788386878889909398138188588 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 12384

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Morg van Destro View Post
    Note that I have speech corrected the quotes to the best of my understanding of your questions. I hope this is how you envisioned them.

He honestly probably wouldn't have anything to say to him. It's Zarathustra that would probably have something to say.

For Sha Naqbu Imuru, a slight liberty but also a complete possibility has been taken. Gate of Babylon has been said to possess the originals of every Noble Phantasm. If he was able to call something like Nine Lives, a technique and not a specific weapon of Heracles, crystalized as a bow (or ballista. I say bow because Nasu said that would be the best weapon to use it with), then it's not that far off to say that, in creating the mentality that formed Sha Naqbu Imuru, he inadvertently crystalized as a Noble Phantasm with Gate of Babylon. Ea doesn't seem to have any requirements to wield it beyond possessing the key. However, that was what I was waiting for people to call me out on.
    "Also, the key to the vault can only be used by the King. The key will constantly change its shape, and the vault will constantly store new treasures. Without the wisdom to instantly understand those Mystics, the key will never be able to open vault's gate."
    Now, the loophole I found for Justice when he acquired Bab-ilu was in the detail about lacking wisdom. Logically, if he doesn't have the wisdom, he can't use it, something he wouldn't have when he first got it. However, what if he did? The question becomes "How did he gain the wisdom to use it?" That's all I'll say on that.

They are definitely not from the same timeline. That wouldn't make much sense at all.

He uses the gate more. No brainer there. It's got a lot more useful and powerful tools. He only tends to call on UBW when he wants somewhere no human can be harmed by whatever battle he's engaging in. He likes to get up close and personal with Ea while firing most other weapons from GoB. Honestly though, if he uses UBW, anyone he's fighting is screwed. Even if he could just overwhelm them with UBW and GoB working in tandem, he typically just uses Enuma Elish after forming the Reality Marble. Every second he wastes fighting someone he can't "save" like a Heroic Spirit is time that could be spent enforcing justice, so he tries to end battles as quickly as possible.

I'll be honest that I found Beast VII a bit ridiculous. It didn't make it easier that the Story section was very long and hard to read, but also that I just couldn't see a lot of the things needed to reach that point happening for any logical reason. I don't mean anything by it, but I just couldn't get into it.

For how they would react, Justice would immediately cast UBW (which should tell you something after my previous response), and Assassin would feel a deep sense of pity for him alongside wanting to put him down. However, Assassin knows he wouldn't be able to do so and won't throw his life away in a useless attempt like that. Still...

I'm not sure how to translate that last sentence, whether you're asking me about what I assume would be a Caster Pseudo-Servant Zouken's Skills, Noble Phantasms, and mindset or if your looking for a more in-depth description of how MATOU would use his in combat and what his personality and goals would be.

If it's the first, it's honestly up to your interpretation. Which came first? Beelzebub or Baal Zebul? You could even take it a step further like I did. Who inspired whom? Was Baal demonized by Christians because he was a false god until he became far better known as said demon, or was he an Archangel who's power was listed as second to Lucifer who was cast out of Heaven and created Baal as a method to fool humans? If you want to try to find a mindset for that character, find how you want to interpret his legend, than how Zouken as a person would mildly affect his personality. After you figure that out, tracking down the Skills and Noble Phantasms you want him to have isn't far away.

If it's the second, I don't want to reveal too much. I'll say Insatiable will cause some problems (for him and his master), Consumption and Shapeshift are terrifying (especially if you fear bugs), and a train is technically a mount (a very big, long mount).
    About the corrected sorry i was quite tired , i see About Justice that you are doesnt want to spoil similar with Matou as i myself have a Story in the Progress so i understand that .

because it were actually the second and i just wanted to say that i were Abit surprised that you inlcuded in his profile the aspects of Baal zebul as i am currently working on a pseudo servant with Zouken as host .

to Comeback at justice does he only fight from afar with projectils or has he interms of close martial Combat goten more skill then Canon Emyia ? also About Beat VII it were at that time partially rushed so were some Details perhaps miissing in the review but i have n planning to make a Saber or Caster profile of this Version and then to solve the Problems . i would be curious how would fate Crew think of my Little Girl ? and would you think that Justice would have difficulties against my Zarathustra or this Opponent ? (and out of curiousity how do you find These two actually?)

Also i am curious ddo you plan to make also a servant from Rin or Sakura ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    To come back to Justice, does he only fight from afar with projectiles or with interims of close martial Combat with more skill than Canon EMIYA? Also, about Beat VII, it was, at that time, partially rushed, so some details were perhaps missing in the review, but I have a plan to make a Saber or Caster profile of this version to solve the problems. I would be curious how your Fate crew would think of my Little Girl. You think that Justice would have difficulties against my Zarathustra or this Opponent? (and, out of curiosity, how do you find these two?)

Also I am curious. Do you plan to also make a servant from Rin or Sakura?
    He does what fits the situation, like how, if he was fighting someone with Protection From Arrows, he'd probably get in close or just use Enuma Elish to finish it quickly. He has centuries of experience, but he hasn't really had anyone to really challenge his power. There was the spider, but Ea basically trumps anything.

Everyone excepting Assassin would be indifferent. Not surprising considering who the other three are, but she'd probably have something to say to Justice when I look at her other Relationships and personality. If I might hazard a guess...
    Justice: "Are you okay? Your heart is so closed. You must be in pain. ...No? Please, tell me why that is! I want to know what it means to be Justice!"
    For how Assassin would respond to her...
    The Little Girl: "Papa? *chuckles* I haven't been called that in a while. *rubs his chin* Say, wanna come help me cook? I could teach you some of Maiya's favorite dishes."

Honestly, Justice would likely be immune to Saver's Dakhma Mazda and would find little issue with Spenta Yazta. More to the point, he would likely not fight Saver at all. He'd see no reason to. I'm not even certain Saver would want to either after using Zrvana Avesta on him. Saver may not agree with his methods to attain "justice", but it's like with Amakusa. He'd probably chastise him and Justice would ignore him, as he clearly doesn't understand.
    Honestly, Archer would be a pretty crazy battle. The NP wouldn't be the issue, but the Zodiacs would take some powerful treasures to counter. I'm not sure who would win that battle.

On of my favorite things you do is how you interpret a legend. The other thingI less like but respect nonetheless is the detail you try to put into every aspect of the Servant's ability and personality. I like them both, but I wish the text was a little bigger. Hard on the eyes.

Well, only Berserker and Caster remain (because we all know who Archer is), but I want to keep Berserker a secret for now. Caster is already made, but she won't be as extravagant as the last four entries. I thought about TOHSAKA, but decided adding a fleshed-out parody character to the mix was a bit much.

Blog Entries

The Christian Knight

Lore

Burdened with Sin, The Christian set off into the World to absolve himself of Sin and reach That is Which to Come. Over the course of his journey he encountered many people who would try to take him off of the Path.

Obstinate and Pliable tried to convince him to return to his family. He refused.

Wiseman, Legality and Civility tried to absolve him of Sin without the Lord. He exposed them for the frauds they were.

He helplessly watched as Faithful was burned at the stake. He never strayed from his path, Hopeful knowing that Faithful was delivered to the Celestial City.

In the Valley of Humiliation he faced down the demon Apollyon. Protected by the Armour of God and wielding the Word of God, the demonic dragon was struck down.

His Sins weighed him down when he crossed the River of Death and climbed Mount Zion, but with Hope by his side he found his Sins lifted upon reaching the That is Which to Come and ascended from The World

Class:Saber
    Other Classes: None
    True Name: Christian
    Aliases: “Graceless”
    Place of Origin: Bedford, England
    Source: Historical Fact

Parameters

STR: B

END: B

AGI: C

MGI: B

LCK: A+

NP: A+

Height: 6’2’’
    Weight: 315 lbs
    Dislikes: Sinners, Demons
    Talent: Journeying
    Natural Enemy: Mephistopheles, Hassan of Serenity, Scheherazade, Sherlock Holmes
    Attribute: Earth
    Armament: Sword
    Catalyst: A strap from a pack that is over 300 years old, excavated from Bedfordshire, England.

Class Skills

Magic Resistance (A)

Riding (C)

Personal Skills

Protection of God (B)

Noble Phantasms

Armour of God
    ~But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one~

Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
    Range: -
    Max. Targets: 1

no weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and this is their vindication from me," declares the Lord. -Isaiah 54:17

Word of God
    ~And with that Apollyon spread his dragon wings and sped away~

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1-99
    Max. Targets: 1000

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. 11 "All who rage against you will surely be ashamed and disgraced; those who oppose you will be as nothing and perish. 12 Though you search for your enemies, you will not find them. Those who wage war against you will be as nothing at all. Isaiah 41:10-12

Personality

Christian is a man of God.

Quotes

“Praise God. Praise Jesus.”

The World, Retextured

Lore

Alter-Ego’s true name is John Bunyan, a preacher and writer who lived between 1628 and 1688 in Bedford, England.

A Puritan, he served in the Parliamentary Army during the English Civil War for three years before joining a Protestant group that refused to recognize the religious authority of the Church of England.

When King Charles II returned to England from exile, he began sweeping state discrimination of Protestants, plucking people from their homes and businesses and throwing them into jail. John was one such victim and he was imprisoned for twelve years. John could have been a free man at any time, all he would have to do was renounce preaching. However, John refused. He refused to stray from his path. Only God could absolve him of his sins.

God had a path set out before him. He did not stray from that path. He stayed on the path. He stayed on the path. Trapped in his cell he stayed on the path. While he dreamt he stayed on the path. The path sprung up within his mind’s eye, leading to That Which is to Come. Physically he was imprisoned, but spiritually he set forth on a journey. And thus the World was overwritten...

Class: Alter-Ego
    Other Classes: None
    True Name: John Bunyan
    Aliases: “Christian”
    Place of Origin: Bedford, England
    Source: Historical Fact, Himself

Parameters

STR: D

END: D

AGI: D

MGI: C

LCK: A+

NP: A+

Height: 5’4’’
    Weight: 90 lbs
    Dislikes: Sinners, Demons, the Church of England
    Talent: Preaching, Writing
    Natural Enemy: Mephistopheles, Hassan of Serenity, Scheherazade, Sherlock Holmes, King Charles II
    Attribute: Man
    Armament: Books, Quills
    Catalyst: A scrap of paper from an allegorical tale dating back to the 15 century and excavated from Bedfordshire, England.

Class Skills

Magical Resistance (A):
    Normally would not have this skill but is granted it by a Noble Phantasm.

Riding (B): Normally would not have this skill but is granted it by a Noble Phantasm.

Personal Skills

Dreamer (A+): The ability for one to dream vivid dreams. At this rank Alter-Ego will have dreams indistinguishable from reality. His dreams are so vivid it would be more accurate to say he is living his dream rather than observing it during sleep.

Protection of God (B): A form of divine protection that gives the user the quick-wittedness and the brute strength needed to defeat beasts unaided. Although he served in the military for a short time, Alter-Ego’s martial prowess is well below that of modern people. Nonetheless he can face down the enemies of God with the ferocity and vigor of a knight.

Ephemeral Dream (Dream-Self) (B): A lifeform born from illusions because of an individual’s desire. A fantasy that stepped into an overwritten World and walked free while its author remained locked away, fulfilling its creator’s desires. Because Alter-Ego is such a vivid dreamer, this dream self supersedes his true self and takes his place when summoned. Odd effects are applied, such as having fake Parameters and skills. An existence like this is fleeting, and eventually the dreamer will wake-up.

Dream Observation (A): A skill that observes one's own dreams and then allows them to incorporate the content of those dreams into their writing. Alter-Ego is constantly overwriting the World with his own Dream World and so is unaware of having this skill. If he were to wake-up he would be able to recall every event he participated in since his summoning with perfect clarity since it was his “dream” and write it down. Effects similar to Mind’s Eye (True) can also be achieved in battle.

Noble Phantasm

The Pilgrim’s Progress
    ~from This World, to That Which Is to Come~

Type: Anti-World (Self)
    Range: -
    Max. Targets: 1

The allegorical tale that Alter-Ego wrote while in prison for 12 years. The contents of the story emerged from his subconscious while he slept and were recalled in detail during the day. The book was not published until after Alter-Ego’s release and it is considered one of the most influential pieces of theological fiction in the world. The text concerns the journey of a man simply named Christian who leaves his family, burdened with sin, as he tries to make it to the Celestial City to have his sins absolved. The story is considered an allegorical tale, representing the trials Christians must face in the world in order to become forgiven in the eyes of God and worthy of entrance to Heaven. For over 300 years the novel has never been out of print and is considered the first novel written in modern English.

The book is just a book, but the world that Alter-Ego’s psyche was transported to was so detailed it overwrote the texture of the World as he knew it. His hometown became the City of Destruction, Ampthill Hill became the Hill of Difficulty, the Thames became the River of Death, and the biggest metropolis he could conceive of, London, became the Celestial City. In this World, Biblical lessons became literalised. Concepts like Faith or Hope were given flesh and blood and temptations became literal diversions from God’s Path. Faith in God became armour that could protect you from danger and the Word of God could be wielded as a sword. Belief in this world allows for the manifestation of Fake Noble Phantasms. Although their foundation is weak, Alter-Ego’s warped perception of the World grants them the potency they would have if they were summoned within the Dream World. So long as Alter-Ego can dream it, it can be fully realised. If he dreams he is a knight, he becomes a knight. However this Noble Phantasm has an obvious weakness; the wielder must be dreaming. Waking up from the dream seals this Noble Phantasm and greatly weakens Alter-Ego.

Personality

Alter-Ego suffers from a constant delusion, for he is always dreaming. He wholeheartedly believes he is a holy knight on a quest to reach Heaven. As Alter-Ego perceives the World, it is constantly being overwritten by his internal Dream World. He might refer to people by the concepts he thinks they embody instead of their actual names. Despite this odd condition he is incredibly amicable and humble, even being courteous towards those he sees as enemies.

Alter-Ego is extremely religious. After his marriage he became a Protestant and started meditating on his previous “sins”. Due to his newly adopted Puritanical views he saw innocuous things he did in his youth (dancing, playing games) as “sinful”. Alter-Ego continues to repent for his “sins” and will often comically overreact to things he thinks of as sinful, no matter how minor those things might be. In his spare time he studies his Bible and writes prose.

If he were to win the Holy Grail he would ask God for forgiveness from his meager sins, essentially wasting the wish.

Quotes

“Greetings, Master. I am Christian. I journey through this land with my sins on my back. Oh my sins? In my youth I used to play games on Sunday. Awful, I know, but we all have our crosses to bear.”

“Master, what are you looking at? Some kind of small glowing book? Are those beans? ARE THOSE BEANS KILLING EACH OTHER?! Master, this is sinful…”

(to Scheherazade)
    -covers eyes-Have at ye! Vile Temptress! -waves sword around wildly-

(to Mephistopheles)
    My blade has tasted the blood of a demon before, Callousness. It will have no trouble sampling yours.

(to Sherlock Holmes)
    Why do I get the feeling you and I are similar, Inquisitive? And why do I get this feeling of fear…”

Author’s Notes

remember jesus loves you

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Foreigner of Twinkling Stars

Foreigner of Twinkling Stars

"Oh hello you! Are you my Master? I bet you are! I am Foreigner of Twinkling Stars! My true name? Huh? Silly, I just told you my name! Right?"

Class: Foreigner
    Other Classes: Saver, Alter-Ego
    True Name: ???
    Nickname: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (Lily)
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Place of Origin: Night Sky

Parameters:

STR: E
    END: C+
    LCK: A
    NP: C++

Height: 61cm
    Weight: 7kg
    Likes: music, food, fish, sweets, night sky, hope for tomorrow
    Dislikes: bullying, cloudy days, swimming, bad people
    Talent: being cute, being annoying, giving joy and hope to people
    Natural Enemy: his bullies, all that are considered Threat to Humanity without self-restraint
    Attribute: Star
    Catalyst: lyrics of a children song

Description
    Foreigner of Twinkling Stars is the embodiment of human hopes when looking into the stunning night sky and wishing for a better tomorrow when a silver line rushes across the vast dark blue firmament.
    Born from the dreams of people who gazed into the night without intent to use the stars for magic circles or later just to study their movement or even fearing the dark abyss that stretches to infinity and fear that something looks back at them. No, just innocent onlookers who ignored the vast darkness of the night and looked at the twinkling diamonds up above and marvelled at their shining beauty. Therefore Foreigner holds the concept of Light that pierces even the darkest shadows - Hope and neglect of anything that threatens or denies it.
    An Anti-Foreigner or Anti-Beast in a Foreigner Container and only when the darkness of human nature and from evil dimensions is gone and the sun is allowed to shine brightly on the future of humanity, Foreigner of Twinkling Stars is allowed to shut their eyes and rest.
    To strengthen that concept it attached itself to one of the most famous lullabies humans know - Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, a melody so famous, that it stretches across the western world with many different lyrics and melodies. The origin of it is disputed, many believed it came from the hands of the most famous musician of all time - Mozart, at a young age. But that is wrong, the melody even predates him, the farthest way to trace it back was France in the first half of the 18th century. He made the melody even more famous by creating 12 variations of it.
    Who composed the melody remains a mystery, maybe it was Foreigner itself, who knows? The Lyrics itself were written by an English poet named Jane Taylor at the start of the 19th century.
    Because of that it is not sure who or what the child called Foreigner truly is and he himself doesnt know either. But after a french princess first laid eyes on him a name was decided. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (Lily).

Class Skills

Existence Outside the Domain E
    The lowest rank possible, barely allowing Foreigner to be in this class. Born from human thoughts and hopes directed towards the stars, but targetted towards the future, he exists outside of earth while still belonging to it.

Insanity (Cure) B
    Usually a Mental Pollution-like skill gained from contacting an evil god that can easily erode the fragile common sense and morals of humans. However, the main qualification for the Foreigner class is to defy this erosion, either by maintaining their integrity as they descend into madness, or instead of being consumed by madness, they consume the madness itself.
    That is not the case here, it is rather the opposite. Being the embodiment of Hope directed at the stars to ease their mind with good intentions to the future, Foreigner spreads calmness and a sprinkle of joy into the humans around him. Despite being a Foreigner he can be considered an Anti-Foreigner, because this effect counters the true Insanity skill of Foreigners without self-restriction.

Divinity D
    When a divinity is defined as beings that are prayed upon and beyond human, then Foreigner can be considered one. Never truly prayed upon by name, the concept of wishing upon stars independent of gods is, was and always will be present in the human consciousness.

Personal Skills

Guardian of Navigation C
    Calling forth protection for those who wander the night and are in need of hope. The existence of Foreigner of Twinkling Stars brings forth hope for those lost and hopeless and energizes them from their very souls. While seeming to only be a skill to help lost wanderers and wonderers, it is actually a skill that also exemplifies thecharismaof a light bringer at its core.

Pioneer of the Stars (Hope) - Instead of earning this skill by having accomplished something that makes Foreigner a turning-point in human history, he embodies the hope of people for something like that to happen. Dreaming of a better future for one self, for the next generation or humanity as a whole. And maybe, just maybe, Foreigner will be worthy of that skill in the future.

Mana Burst (Light/Wish) B+
    A skill that displays his being as the light that guides during the night and and embodies the light of humanity's wishes and hope for a better tomorrow.
    In many ways similar to the subspecies magic that some Saint type servants possess, it is able to release magic in the form of strength increasing and mental pollution cleansing light for others.

Cute Appearance B
    A personalized version of Beautiful Appearance skill. It is a Skill that, coupled with one's attire, one is endowed with a cuteness that makes it difficult to discern the person's gender by means of an aura (not appearance). Plus modifiers are applied to checks when negotiating with both men and women. Also, effects that target a specific gender are disregarded (Foreigner is mentally too young to be affected by them anyways). Additionally an effect is added that makes people to really like to bully Foreigner in an innocent way. Therefore teasing and jokes about him become a daily thing for Foreigner.

Noble Phantasm

Wish upon a Shooting Star
    Twinkle, twinkle little Star

Twinkle, twinkle, little star,
    How I wonder what you are!
    Up above the world so high,
    Like a diamond in the sky.

When the blazing sun is gone,
    When he nothing shines upon,
    Then you show your little light,
    Twinkle, twinkle, all the night.

Then the trav’ller in the dark,
    Thanks you for your tiny spark,
    He could not see which way to go,
    If you did not twinkle so.

In the dark blue sky you keep,
    And often thro’ my curtains peep,
    For you never shut your eye,
    Till the sun is in the sky.

‘Tis your bright and tiny spark,
    Lights the trav’ller in the dark,
    Tho’ I know not what you are,
    Twinkle, twinkle, little star.

Foreigner transforms to his true form and rises into the sky while singing his melody.
    He illuminates the dark sky and around him shiny stars appear, looking like diamonds on the dark dress of the night. He instills hope into the very being of all in need, removing their mental pollution and protecting them from any applications. It helps onlookers to find their way in life again, formulating their own goals, striving to fulfill their wishes of the future for them and humanity with their own hands. It even has a chance to change the alignment of Servants to Good for the duration of this Noble Phantasm and maybe even longer.
    All close their eyes and wish for the best tomorrow and days after. Those wishes manifest in Foreigner as a surge in Mana to shine even brighter and give them the hope they long for. That light shines upon anything, the world, the darkness and even that which is considered a threat to humanity. No matter how hopeless and dangerous the situation, he instills will and where is will, there is hope.
    It grants him the ability of Clairvoyance on anything his light touches and to all in range the ability to see something in the situation that will not prevent a brighter day tomorrow, a potent moral boost.
    The human consciousness wishes for salvation and the earth shall therefore provide and grant an opening to realize that. Any threat that endangers humans, the region or even the world and reality itself will find their weak spot revealed. And if they have none and hope seems lost? It shall create one tiny chance, targetted by all to reach for success. Those who shall be able to reach hope and future with their own hands will receive the blessing of Foreigner, granting them all Mana he received from the people praying for success including his own and the skill Anti-Hero(Threat to Humanity). As those chosen ones reach for the stars after a little star reached out for them, it starts to fade. And while the rescued souls cheer, because their wish was fulfilled, the little star makes his last journey. In the pale blue sky of morning light we see how the twinkling little star becomes a bright colorful shooting star and bids his final voyage.
    During the duration of the NP until he grants his blessing, his Endurance rises drastically, preventing any enemy, no matter how vicious they attack, to stop his mission of bringing light for the next morning to come.

Character
    An honest and bubbly little optimist. Without self-restraints he does what his childish mind wants and says his mind without regard of anyones feeling outside his own, but still without bad intentions. He tells you when he likes you, he tells you when he doesnt like you and he surely will tell you when that changed. Still, he has the mind of child, doesnt get everything people say, but still tries his hardest to act like he can play in the big league anyway. Due to his Cute Appearance Skill that often gets called out and is made fun of, much to his dismay. Especially children loving Servants adore this little goof ball and tease him that he is soooo cute, they want to devour him, but fear for diabetes. With a small tear in his eye and thinking they really mean it a shaking "please dont eat me…im no food" can be heard, piercing the hearts of all moe lovers and prompting them to cuddle him even more. He loves music and singing with a particular interest in French lullabies. His most favourite is of course his hymn "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" or only "The Star". The only thing that rivals his love for music is food, always up for a snack and sweets. He loves fish and despite not being able to swim, he often lurks around ponds and tries to catch fish so others can cook for him. That obviously led to some rescue missions of fishing him out of the water, despite him not being able to drown as a Servant.

Relationships and Quotes

"Hey Hey Hey Master, how are ya? I know you've been kinda stressed lately. That thing you are doing here in Chaldea with all those superheroes has to be pretty hard on you. But I believe in you! Always! You got it, you always did, right? As long we are here we can always think about tomorrow and what we can think about is always possible, right? Hope never stops shining and if it ever does, I will be there to let it shine again! Hope is like a Starry Night! It may be one time brighter or one time darker, sometimes a little light is gone forever, but two new ones are born in their stead! So never lose hope! Keep shining like a star, Master! Oh you feel better already? Great, now come lets sing with the others!"

Dioscuri
    "Pollux-neechan is so nice to me. She likes to play with me and look at the night sky past my bed time. Castor-kun is a little meanie, but he cant fool me! I know he likes me! He just doesnt want to show it! He thinks he is cool or something, but being kind is much cooler, right Master?"

Astraea: "Oh you come regarding that little Foreigner boy? I am not sure how to describe it. I dont know him, yet it feels like i do. As if he was always around. He is a little ball of annoying joy, but he seems to be wishes incarnate. You know the custom of wishing upon a shooting star, because thats when the gods are listening? That was popularized by a man named Ptolemy, he was born in my realm. But that custom is much older than him and as a god I can tell you, they didnt listen. Someone had to come up with it and someone had to fulfill some wishes of those to keep it known and popular among humans. That is all I have to say."

Marie: *sings* "Moi je dis que les bonbons, Valent mieux que la raison." "ZZzzzzzzzZZZ" "Pssst, that little guy just fell asleep on my lap. Isnt he cute? Look how squishy his cheeks are hehe" "meeeehh…"

Mozart: *confused looks are shared* "You sure i am like that weirdo over there? Whats up with his nails?"

Nursery Rhymes: "I love playing with her! I dont understand what you mean with she is a book, but I dont care! She is so nice and I think we understand us really well!"

Voyager: "Oooh it is so fun playing with him! His little car goes BBRRRRRR and WOOOSH! It really feels like we are brothers, we think so alike! ! I can even call him Vovo-niisan!"

Yang Guifei: "Hihihi heyooo Master~ I just came back from singing with Yuyu-chan! She plays so well and is sooo kind. I really like her, despite her lets say weird condition she is in. But she is strong and is no threat to us! We are friends and if she ever loses her way I will be there as her buddy to bring her back to her senses. Like she herself, Hope is like a star that never stops shining!"

Van Gogh: "Their painting is beautiful and so unique! I love looking at it, it captures the soul of a cool summer starry night so nicely! But it is sad that they dont like it like all others do and that they dont like themselfes like we do...but oh well. I will make them! Tomorrow for sure!"

Raikou: "Master please, she wants to eat me…" "OOOOOhhhh come here you litte cutie, i could eat you" *presses him between her breasts* "Master pweeeaaase…"

Boudica: "Master, can you please have an eye or even two on that little Foreigner boy here? *holding him up* "Oh Hey Master, wazzup?" It is the fourth time this week he walked into my kitchen asking for a meal. I have no problem with that, the boy is just always dripping wet and sneezes when he brings me his fish and makes a mess here. My big pots shouldnt be used that often as his private little bath tub. One day will cook him by accident!"

Creator's Notes
    This one is a weird one for me. I usually take days to complete a sheet, currently am stuck on a complicated one. But that one was done in under 24h. I like the melody and thought it could be a nice base for a more positive foreigner, maybe similar to the moon prince that is referenced in Voyager. It is open who he really is. It is most likely that the vague Spirit that represents the Shooting Star as a wish fulfilling concept needed a host and chose to take the Saint Graph of the rising star of the music world - young Mozart. Or something like that. I had fun doing that little guy.

Btw Marie sang for him the french and older version of Twinkle, Twinkle little star, called Ah! vous dirai-je, maman and the lines mean "Me, I say that sweets / Are worth more than reasoning."
    Amen to that.

Last edited by DelRey; November 18th, 2020 at 09:07 AM.

Blog Entries
    Twinkle star : okay he is cute ,i must say good work delray ! as they are in their own Right and form Symbols of hope how would he sees my Arbre du Tenere ?

I'm a peaceful woman with bad intentions. Lady Vanatos's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Foreigner of Twinkling Stars: Adorable, I love them, character-wise and the lore you made for him.
    Current FGO setup

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Morg van Destro View Post
    He does what fits the situation, like how, if he was fighting someone with Protection From Arrows, he'd probably get in close or just use Enuma Elish to finish it quickly. He has centuries of experience, but he hasn't really had anyone to really challenge his power. There was the spider, but Ea basically trumps anything.

Everyone excepting Assassin would be indifferent. Not surprising considering who the other three are, but she'd probably have something to say to Justice when I look at her other Relationships and personality. If I might hazard a guess...
    Justice: "Are you okay? Your heart is so closed. You must be in pain. ...No? Please, tell me why that is! I want to know what it means to be Justice!"
    For how Assassin would respond to her...
    The Little Girl: "Papa? *chuckles* I haven't been called that in a while. *rubs his chin* Say, wanna come help me cook? I could teach you some of Maiya's favorite dishes."

Honestly, Justice would likely be immune to Saver's Dakhma Mazda and would find little issue with Spenta Yazta. More to the point, he would likely not fight Saver at all. He'd see no reason to. I'm not even certain Saver would want to either after using Zrvana Avesta on him. Saver may not agree with his methods to attain "justice", but it's like with Amakusa. He'd probably chastise him and Justice would ignore him, as he clearly doesn't understand.
    Honestly, Archer would be a pretty crazy battle. The NP wouldn't be the issue, but the Zodiacs would take some powerful treasures to counter. I'm not sure who would win that battle.

On of my favorite things you do is how you interpret a legend. The other thingI less like but respect nonetheless is the detail you try to put into every aspect of the Servant's ability and personality. I like them both, but I wish the text was a little bigger. Hard on the eyes.

Well, only Berserker and Caster remain (because we all know who Archer is), but I want to keep Berserker a secret for now. Caster is already made, but she won't be as extravagant as the last four entries. I thought about TOHSAKA, but decided adding a fleshed-out parody character to the mix was a bit much.
    yep Ada chan (this is the Name i gave the Little Girl in reference on her legend ) would ask him such similar words ,how would he react actually as you implied is in justice still a point that i would say still the Man he were before ? and About what would Justice and your Shirou think of her after Hearing her bachground and that she could have had a similar role like Shirou wanted to be a seigi no mikatta a ally of justice ,were she a a Ally of HArmony in her worrld so basicaly something similar .

Also i am curious can you perhaps explain what you like About my Interpretation style ? About the Details in abbillity and the personality i do imagine my charackters abillities in use in a anime like Fashion and About the personality and the interaction that were one of the Points that lked so much in that persons of history and legend can Encounter each other that wouldnt meet each other in their lives. About the Texts soryy sometimes does the text becomes abbit small.

Blog Entries

Class
    : Assassin
    Other Classes: Ruler
    True Name: Harun al-Rashid ibn Muhammad al-Mahdi
    Nicknames: 5th Caliph of the Abbasids, al-Rashid ("The Upright"), al-khalifa al-mardi ("Pleasing to God")
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Place of Origin: 8th century Arabia

Parameters

STR: C
    END: C
    AGI: B
    LCK: B
    NP: C

Info

Height: 180cm
    Weight: 75kg
    Dislikes: Liars, breakers of oaths
    Talent: Adventure
    Natural Enemy: Zubaidah
    Attribute: Earth
    Catalyst: a page from a book rescued from the Bayt al-Hikmah

Class Skills

Presence Concealment B+
    The ability to conceal one's presence. Because of the legend that "the king wandered the streets of Baghdad during the night", this skill has been granted to Harun.

As an aside, the reason Harun can be summoned as Assassin is because he ordered the execution of his erstwhile advisor, Jafar ibn Yahya. At the time he believed this to be a natural result of Jafar usurping his authority - now, however, with the benefit of hindsight, his feelings are rather more complex.

Personal Skills

Innocent Monster (Fairytale) A
    Part of the reason why Assassin's legacy endures today is the fact that there are multiple stories about him in the Thousand and One Nights, the series of fairy tales by Sheherazade. He is the protagonist of, among other tales, The Mock Caliph, Abu Mohammed the Lazy, and of course The Caliph Harun al-Rashid & the Princess Zubaydah in the Bath. In these stories, he shows a sense of righteousness becoming his nickname, as well as an excellent sense of humour.

The most enduring part of the legends, however, is the idea that on some nights, Harun slipped out of the palace dressed as a commoner, roaming the streets of Baghdad to learn how his people thought of him - or perhaps merely to have an adventure. The "common sense" he learned during this time has remained with him, giving him street smarts and teaching him a humility he could be said to have lacked in real life.

Gifts of the Caliph B
    The largesse befitting a true sovereign, handing out luxurious gifts and great amounts of gold for simple tasks. At this rank, immense gifts can be handed out without problem without ever significantly impacting the monarch's own budget. Provides effects similar to the Skill Golden Rule, but for Assassin's surroundings instead of merely himself.

Harun al-Rashid was famous for his acts of handing out gifts. Every day he gave a thousand dirhams to charity. Every servant who accomplished a noteworthy deed was hugely compensated. In addition, he once sent a diplomatic envoy to Charlemagne, bearing such exquisite gifts as a white elephant named Abu Abbas, as well as clocks so intricate that the Europeans thought them to be magic.

Librarian of Stored Knowledge A
    Assassin ordered the building of the Bayt Al-Hikma, literally the "House of Wisdom" and also known as the Grand Library of Baghdad. The building, founded at first as a private collection, later became a public library and an academy, before being destroyed in the Siege of Baghdad in 1258. It is said so many books were thrown into the river that it ran black.

Part of the main reason for the existence of the House of Wisdom was to translate many of the texts acquired by the Abbasid Caliphs. This included texts ranging from Ptolemy's Almagest to Sushruta's Compendium, from astronomy to philosophy to medicine and everything inbetween.

In effect, this skill allows Assassin to recall knowledge on any topic, as long he passes a simple Luck check. This does not give perfect knowledge, however, merely that of having a compendium on the topic at hand.

Noble Phantasm(s)

There Can Only Be One Shining Sun
    Execution of the Barmakids

Type: Anti-Group
    Range: 1-50

A dagger named after the family which supported Assassin's rise to power, only to find his power used against them in the end. Its name comes from their name Barmakid or Barmecide. The family itself came from a Buddhist background, their ancestor having been a head priest of a Buddhist monastery once described by Xuanzang.

The dagger is a wicked jambiya, two-edged and curved in the shape of the letter J. This makes it better suited to stabbing than most knives, and it is easily twisted to reach internal organs without much effort. The hilt is made of elephant horn, and the dagger's blade of some unknown material.

The effect of the dagger is, all told, fairly simple. The more gifts Assassin has given the target, the more powerful the stab becomes. The easiest way to think about this is perhaps to consider the gifts an "infection" of Assassin's mana into the target, which the dagger then exploits.

Assassin very much dislikes using the effect of his Noble Phantasm, as he considers it base treachery. However, that does not mean he will not use it as a dagger, nor that he will not use its effect should the need arise.

Lore

Harun al-Rashid ("the Righteous"), fifth caliph of the Abbasid Caliphate, was born the second son of the previous caliph al-Mansur ("he who is guided by God") and his wife Khayzuran. His older brother, Abu, was nicknamed al-Hadi ("the guide").

Harun spent his formative years much as any prince of a Caliphate might - living in the harem, learning the traditional religious texts as well as history and martial skills. He also nominally led several expeditions, warring with the Byzantines (now under the leadership of Empress Irene).

After al-Mansur had died, both of his sons had command of a sizeable army. However, Harun showed his wisdom and love for the people by stepping aside and allowing his brother to take the throne without a fight - which, in the words of a biographer, ironically proved he was more fit to rule.

Unfortunately, Hadi proved himself ill able to handle the throne. He was coarse, vulgar, and worst of all he was upset his mother Khayzuran had power that rivaled his. In the end, his attempts to remove Khayzuran via poison and intrigue led to his own death, the very same day Harun's son was born and he himself acceded to the throne. This was the famous "night of destiny", wherein one caliph died, another was crowned, and a third was born. Harun was a mere twenty-three.

The ceremonies were glorious, as befitted the Islamic Golden Age. Legends tell of the bountiful signs of good fortune that shined upon Harun, including the moon forming the famous Islamic crest as shown on the battleflags. Harun took to power with grace, insisting none of the men who had supported Hadi would be punished. He further embraced the Persian trappings of his father and grandfather, hoping to cultivate a panislamic identity that accompanied the new ethnic groups that made up his caliphate.

Harun proved himself to be an excellent ruler. Under his reign significant advances were made in statesmanship, culture, and more. This was partially due to his own abilities, and partially due to the competence of his advisors, who came from the family line of the Barmakids. Jafar, the famous prototype of the "evil vizier", was in fact the son of Harun's first vizier, Yahya al-Barmaki. By 803, however, Jafar had fallen very much out of favor, so much so that Harun had him executed and his property seized.

In the end, rebellion after rebellion rose against Harun, which he and his men tried unsuccesfully to quell. In the course of one campaign he became very ill and died unceremoniously not long after; his sons, fighting over their father's empire, entered into civil war, which only ended some ten years later with al-Mamun's victory.

Personality

A boisterous sort of man. He attaches remarkably little importance to his title as Caliph, which can be best seen in the fact that he first refused to battle for the crown and later that he slipped out of the palace at night to experience the streets of Baghdad.

He is generous almost to a fault, believing wholeheartedly in exaggerated rewards for good work and exaggerated punishment for displeasing work. However, when it comes to his own work he has a tendency to slip away and find something more interesting to occupy his time - adventures, women, and adventurous women are his main off-the-clock pursuits.

Relationships

Charlemagne:
    Ah, your majesty! It is good to see you at last. And in person, not via envoys! I heard you liked my gifts. Yes, I too fell in love with that white elephant. Marvellous creature, really. I suppose the other few trinkets couldn't quite compare...

Hmm? You were amazed by that clock I had sent along? Come now, friend! I do like a good joke, but pretending something so commonplace as that is a miracle is a little too absurd, wouldn't you say?

Jafar:
    Jafar, my friend, it is good to see you. I know we have had our troubles, to put it mildly, but please, let's drink tonight as if it was old times. Bring your prettiest slaves and I shall bring mine, eh? Excellent.

Zubaidah:
    Darling! It is good to see you, wife among wives, pearl of my harem. I have missed you dearly. Huh? Someone else? No, I could never. You know me too well for that! Haha. I've never even heard of this 'Sheherazade'.

Haha... Please don't look at me like that.

Creator Notes
    Early on in writing this I made the decision that I wanted him to be rather separate from Ozymandias, since they're both brown kings. As such I focused on the single NP and the humility. Not quite sure it worked as well as I hoped, though.

Anecdotes

#1:
    On another occasion, Jafar al-Barmak (the vizier) and Harun were drinking together when Harun similarly confessed his longing for a slave girl owned by Jafar. “Sell her to me,” said Harun. “I can’t do that,” said Jafar. “Then give her to me.” “I can’t do that either,” and he explained that he had sworn a solemn oath not to let her go.

“May I be divorced from my beloved Zubaidah,” cried Harun, “if you will not oblige me.” No sooner had he said this than he paled at the import of his oath. “This is a matter,” said Harun, “which none but Abu Yusuf can decide.” He was sent for (in this case, in the middle of the night), got up, saddled his mule, and told his servant to bring the mule’s nosebag of oats with him, as he might be detained. When he appeared, the caliph rose to greet him and explained the difficulty he and Jafar were in. Yusuf pondered the matter a while and then proposed a way out. “I will marry her [the girl] to one of your slaves, who will instantly divorce her [by mere proclamation] and she will be lawful for you.”

So a slave was brought in, married to the girl, and told to divorce her. To the caliph’s amazement, he refused. He was offered a bribe but declined it, driving the caliph, who remained intent on a legal solution, almost mad. Yusuf, however, quickly worked it out. The slave was made over as a slave to his own new wife, which, according to a provision of Islamic law, rendered the marriage null and void. So Jafar could give her up, Harun could have her, and Abu Yusuf returned home with a bag full of gold.

#2:
    Legend has it that on another occasion, Abu Nuwas ended up on Zubaidah’s wrong side. Zubaidah liked to sing the praises of her own son, Amin, at the expense of his half-brother Mamun whom she envied for his brilliant gifts. This led her to promote Amin as a budding poet, and at her prompting he submitted verses to Abu Nuwas to assess. The latter had the courage of his convictions and as a result of his candid critique found himself in jail.

Some time later, Harun summoned the poet and was surprised to learn of his plight. When told the cause, he freed him and rebuked Amin. Amin asked to be allowed to read some other verses to the poet with his father present. The caliph agreed. But as soon as Nuwas heard the first few lines, he started up to leave. “Where are you going?” asked Harun.

“Back to jail!” he cried.
    The Adventure of the Velvet Room (Sherlock Holmes/Persona) (SB, FFN, AO3)

Blog with all of my Servants so far.

Blog Entries
    NMR-3: At first i must say ist nice to see that members of the Veteran Crew are showing up here ! Harun is quite good albeit he appears somewhat Basic like ,About his class wouldnt he have through the library and Abbu Abbas also have Caster and Rider potencial ?

As you were a awhile not here am i curious About your oppinion of my last servant Donar and my Dante Alighieri ?

Blog Entries
    Christian: I believe the best way to describe my opinion was telling you my brother's reaction when I told him about him. I told him it was Christian from Pilgrims Progress as a Saber, and he said, "I mean, he only wielded the sword at the end of the book." I then told him about the collapse feature and told him that clicking revealed John Bunyan as a Alter-Ego. His eyes widened, and he went, "Oh shoot!"
    I like him, and him being a bit of a goofball is pretty endearing.

Foreigner of Twinkling Stars: Is just adorable. Well made to. Never would have considered making someone like him, which is one of my favortie things about seeing other people's Servants. I love him.

Harun al-Rashid ibn Muhammad al-Mahdi: Nothing really to say beyond I like him. A fun, well-defined guy with interesting Skills and a unique NP that all-around makes a solid Servant. Great job.

I'm gonna switch response to you, Koga, to PMs so we don't flood this thread with them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    Class: Foreigner
    I like the usage of emergency food as a faceclaim.
    Pronouns - She/Her
    Winner of the Legendary Jack-Off
    TRANS LIVES MATTER

Top Five Favourite Servants

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anju Addams View Post
    I like the usage of emergency food as a faceclaim.
    Wait what ! Food ? How do you see food there Anju ?

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    Wait what ! Food ? How do you see food there Anju ?
    FC is Paimon, a character from the RPG Genshin Impact who for some reason got the nickname "Emergency Food".

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Rider of the Unyielding Voyage
    -Survivor of the Reformation-

"Servant Rider! True Name, um... I guess I can't tell you that yet, just in case my former students are here, but in the meantime, you can call me Katsu-kun! Hm? Were you expecting an old man? Well, I have my own reasons for assuming this form. Anyway, hope we can get along, Master!"

Source

"For this decrepit old man to be the only witness to the future you dreamed of... Fate truly is a cruel mistress. Ryoma-kun, everyone, I'm sorry. Our fight was long and hard, but... we're finally here. I can finally see light shining over the horizon."

Class: Rider
    Other Classes: Archer, Caster

True Name: Katsu Kaishuu
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Origin: Japan (19th century)

Parameters:

STR: D
    END: C+
    MGI: E
    LCK: B+
    NP: C~A

Likes: Technology, his students, young people, the future, foreign culture
    Dislikes: Close-minded people, bloodshed, blind nationalism
    Talent: Calligraphy, diplomacy, military science, naval engineering
    Natural Enemy: Emperor Hirohito
    Armament: Katana, pistol
    Catalyst: His memoirs

Class Skills
    Riding (D++)

A Class Skill denoting the ability to ride mounts and vehicles. Most vehicles can be handled with average skill. Rider only had one anecdote of riding a ship. Combined with his recent origins, this Skill's rank is low. However, as his vessel embodied the idea of opening a path towards the future of Japan, uniting the eastern island nation with the open world, this Skill receives a significant positive modifier.

Magic Resistance (E)

Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. Cannot cancel spells, but magic damage is reduced somewhat. Since magecraft was already exceedingly rare during Rider's time, he only received this Skill due to his class container.

Personal Skills
    Survivor
    Hero
    of Reform (A)

Having overcome the turbulent closing days of the shogunate and contributed to the Meiji Restoration, a rare historical grand reformation, this is a special skill granted to Rider. Yet this Skill is slightly different compared to the similarly-named Skill belonging to a certain other Japanese reformer. Rider worked relentlessly to bring about his desired future for Japan. However, the reformation was far from peaceful; by the time the shogunate fell, his allies, students, and friends were no longer by his side, leaving him as the sole witness to the future they fought for together. A Skill born from Rider's deep-seated sense of guilt and sorrow over the lives lost during the reformation, marking his status not as a "hero", but as a mere "survivor". Grants a minor rank up to endurance and luck, as well as effects similar to low-ranked Battle Continuation. After all, being the sole survivor meant that Rider carried all of their hopes and dreams. Thus, Rider steeled his resolve to fight until the very end, for the sake of everyone who believed in him.

Great Multicultural Exchange (C+)

A Skill granted to those who metaphorically "unified" the world by facilitating an exchange of culture. Rider held deep interest in western culture, believing that Japan could learn a thing or two from the west in military, technological, and political affairs. In order to broaden his horizons, Rider learned to speak English and Dutch, and served as a translator during negotiations between the shogunate and western powers. Eventually, he utilized his connections and authority to embark on a journey to San Francisco, observing and taking inspiration from the American society, culture, and technology as he developed plans for the betterment of his homeland. Conversely, during his two-month stay in San Francisco, Rider also advocated Japanese culture and encouraged trade deals between Japan and the west, attempting to connect Japan to the rest of the world. A unique variation of Human Observation and Aesthetic Appreciation, there is a small chance that Rider might be able to deduce an enemy Servant's True Name, Skills, and Noble Phantasm(s) by observing traces of their "culture", consisting of their clothing, accent, speech patterns, and armaments. This chance is slightly increased if the enemy is of western origins.

Military Tactics (D)

Strategical knowledge used not for one-on-one combat situations, but for battles where many are mobilized. Bonus modifiers are provided during use of one's own Anti-Army Noble Phantasm or when dealing against an enemy Anti-Army Noble Phantasm. While Rider generally dislikes warfare and prefers to use it only as a last-resort option, he is decently capable in military affairs, enough to serve as a high-ranking official in the Tokugawa navy.

Merit-Based Development Plan (B)

During his military service, Rider argued in favor of a more united, professionally-trained Japanese navy where all members would receive extensive training and disciplining regardless of promotion and assignment due to hereditary status. Combined with his feat of facilitating an orderly transition of power from the Tokugawa Bakufu to the Meiji Emperor, Rider obtains a Skill that allows him to reject royal authority and/or the concept of "inherited power". Upon its activation, Skills such as Imperial Privilege, Demonic Defender of the State, and Charisma (as long as it's obtained through inheritance as opposed to personal merits) will be sealed or receive a significant rank-down within Rider's presence.

Noble Phantasm(s)

Unyielding Voyage Towards an Uncertain Future
    Kanrin Maru

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 1-20
    Max Targets: 300 people

Japan's first steam frigate built by the Dutch, the only western country with which the secluded island nation had diplomatic relations throughout its period of sakoku (seclusion) by the Bakufu. Armed with the latest technology at the time, the ship saw many battles. However, it was most well-known not for its achievement in naval warfare, but for facilitating Rider's journey to San Francisco. Through this Noble Phantasm, Rider is able to summon this ship as his vessel, allowing him to traverse both sea and air. The ship possesses decently high durability and is outfitted with several cannons and puckle guns for offensive measure. Overall, however, it poses little threat against the might of more powerful Heroic Spirits... At least initially.

Instead of a ship used for warfare, Rider's Noble Phantasm embodies the idea of "a vessel that paves way for the future". Thus, this Noble Phantasm denies old traditions in favor of modernization. The ship creates a bounded field in its vicinity that weakens enemy attacks proportional to the amount of mystery they hold. Modern weaponry such as firearms would not receive impact, swords and older weapons will have their strength and durability reduced, while magecraft from the Age of Gods would be rendered almost useless.

The true power of this Noble Phantasm lies in its status as "a harbinger of modern culture and technology". Similar to how he modernized Japan with the knowledge and technology he brought from his journey to San Francisco, Rider possesses the ability to "modernize" his ship. By comprehending the structure and mechanism of any modern technology within his vicinity, Rider gains the ability to assimilate them into his ship. By doing so, he can outfit his ship with sturdier materials, more powerful weapons, and all sorts of versatile new gadgets, greatly boosting this Noble Phantasm's capabilities. As the ship also embodies Rider's idea of "adopting foreign culture", Rider can also replicate almost any tech-based Noble Phantasm belonging to other Servants as weapons in his ship, although their strength would be significantly reduced since Rider lacks the feat and capability to wield them to their fullest potentials. With each "upgrade", this Noble Phantasm's mana cost gradually rises, representing the heavy-yet-necessary cost of rapid modernization. That said, Rider can still summon parts of the ship at any time to aid him in combat, such as using the ship's sturdy hull as a shield, ordering bombardment from the ship's cannons, or the using the ship's front end to ram the enemy.

Description
    Rider's True Name is Katsu Kaishuu, a Japanese statesman, naval engineer, and reformer during the Bakumatsu era.

While there's no doubt that most of Rider's claim to fame was achieved during his later years, it appears that had chosen to assume the form of a young boy under vague reasons that he is reluctant to disclose. Befitting of a child, he is hyperactive, curious, loud, and enthusiastic. He is especially interested in technological development after his time, and could spend hours researching (playing) mobile phones and the latest gaming consoles. He is also somewhat of a ship otaku, highly passionate on the topic of naval battleships. Rider is also not one for formalities, preferring to address most people with a simple "-san" or "-kun​" for people he's especially close with, regardless of formal title. He claims that this is "nothing more than the innocence of a child", although there's definitely more to him than meets the eye...

Underneath his childish exterior, Rider retains the mind of a visionary with larger-than-life ambitions to fulfill. He loves his country and all the people in it, but to him, loving one's country means acknowledging its flaws and striving to correct them, a view which landed him in hot water several times in his life and branded him as "a coward who couldn't pick a side". While many resented his views and some even made attempts on his life back then, he continued to move forward alongside his comrades-in-arms, determined to carve a path to a better future for Japan. Yet despite all that...

"A parent should never experience the pain of outliving their children. Similarly, a teacher should never outlive their students. I should've in their place back then."

Buried underneath his seemingly boundless idealism lies another layer of Rider's personality. Very rarely, one may notice Rider's childish mask slip, revealing a broken man burdened by the lives lost in the reformation. He possesses a particularly bad case of survivor's guilt for outliving his students, thinking that perhaps his teachings were responsible for sending them to their deaths. Occasionally, he wonders whether he has any right to witness this future at all when he was effectively "the only one left". If one were to ask if Rider regrets his ideals, he would deny it without a second thought, claiming that the Meiji Restoration was a necessary move for the country he loved. However, he continues to lament all the lives lost, wondering if the casualties could have been minimized. In fact, it is for this very reason he assumed his youthful appearance as a Servant, as his way of "honoring all the boys and girls who fought and died for the country they loved, without ever being able to witness the future they yearned for".

Overall, Rider held no regrets towards the events of the Meiji Restoration. He extensively tries to convince himself that it is only natural for wars to claim casualties from both sides, as much as he loathes to admit it. Yet should he ever get his hands on the Grail, if he even has a right to make such a wish... He would wish that his students were still by his side to welcome the bright future they all dreamed of.

Lore
    Katsu Yasuyoshi, also known as Katsu Kaishuu (1823-1899) was a Japanese statesman, naval engineer, and reformer during the late Tokugawa shogunate and early Meiji period.

Katsu Kaishuu was born Katsu Yoshikuni on March 12, 1823, in Edo to a low-ranking retainer of the Tokugawa shogunate. As a youth whose given childhood name as Katsu Rintarou (Kaishuu was a pseudonym), he studied Dutch and European military science, and was eventually appointed translator by the government when European powers attempted to open contact with Japan. Katsu developed a reputation as an expert in western military technology.

In 1860, Katsu served as captain of the warship Kanrin Maru (The Unyielding) with assistance from US naval officer Lt. John M. Brooke, to escort the first Japanese delegation to San Francisco, California, en route to Washington, DC, for the formal ratification of the Harris Treaty. The Kanrin Maru, built by the Dutch, was the first Japanese vessel to sail to the Western world. Katsu remained in San Francisco for nearly two months, observing American society, culture and technology. Following his return to Japan, Katsu held a series of high-ranking posts in the Tokugawa navy, arguing before government councils in favor of a unified Japanese naval force led by professionally trained officers in disregard of promotion and assignment due to hereditary status. During his command as director of the Kobe Naval School, the institute would become a major source of activity for progressive thinking and reformists between 1863 and 1864. Among his students was the reformer Sakamoto Ryoma. While Ryoma initially came to assassinate him, he grew enticed by the older man's ideas and agreed to join his cause. Together with Ryoma and his other students, he fought to connect Japan with the rest of the world, realizing what he believed to be a brighter future for Japan.

The growing progressive movement held... mixed results. While to some extent, they succeeded in blowing in the winds of change, their numbers gradually dwindled, many of them apprehended by the Shinsengumi, Mimawarigumi, or assassinated by a group of mysterious "manslayers" who roamed the city in the dark of night. Yet Katsu continued to fight, knowing full well that welcoming the future would incur a heavy toll.

Then Ryoma died.

Hearing news of his protege's assassination, for the first time, Katsu realized that he was truly alone. His allies were no longer by his side. Not wanting their deaths to be in vain, Katsu continued to fight. In 1866, he was appointed as negotiator between the bakufu forces and the anti-shogunal domain of Choshu, and later served as chief negotiator for the Tokugawa bakufu, ensuring a relatively peaceful and orderly transition of power in the Meiji Restoration. After the collapse of the Tokugawa forces in late 1867, Katsu negotiated the surrender of Edo castle to Saigo Takamori on 11 April 1868.

1872, Katsu finally won. The turbulent Bakumatsu era finally came to a close as all 280 domains throughout Japan were returned to Emperor Meiji. From then on, Japan embarked on a path of rapid development, changing from an isolationist, feudal society into an industrialized world power. Katsu Kaishuu was seen as one of the key figures of the reformation, allowing Japan to become the power that it is today.

Katsu Kaishuu was a hero, but he didn't feel like one.
    To him, he was nothing more than a survivor of a bloody reform.
    Relationships
    William Adelin:
    "To die knowing you could've done so much more, or to live knowing there was nothing you could do... Ufufu, I wonder, which would be a worse fate? The two of us are so different, yet so alike in more ways than one."

Captain Nemo:
    "Hoho, you sure make a great crew. I'd be honored to have you aboard the Kanrin Maru. Hm? You already have the Nautilus? It's going to take a lot more to persuade you, it seems. Then again, that's alright. You just gave me a new idea! Perhaps I could add a submarine function to my ship... do you happen to have the blueprints for the Nautilus lying around somewhere? I'd love to take a look at it."

Odysseus:
    "I've heard the tale of a certain ingenious Greek sailor during my travels. I didn't expect the Greeks to be this technologically advanced, but... yes, this works nicely. Your Trojan Horse is a perfect image of both technology and culture. Would you mind if I study it in more detail?"

Takechi Hanpeita:
    "So the leader of the Loyalist Party is here as well, huh? A word of advice, Takechi-kun; your devotion to the country is amazing, but you shouldn't turn a blind eye to its flaws. After all, you can't fix a problem without acknowledging its existence in the first place!"

Hijikata Toshizo, Okita Souji:
    "Do I hate the Shinsengumi? No, I wouldn't say that. They too had a cause they wanted to fight for, a vision they wanted to realize. We're all the same in that regard, so I can't bring myself to hate them."

Saito Hajime:
    "Ah, so you're a survivor too, huh... Regardless of which side we fought for and what values we believed in, at the end of the day, we all lost people dear to us. War, just what is it good for?"

Tokugawa Iemochi, Saigo Takamori:
    "The former shogun and leader of the Satsuma, huh. I didn't expect to see them again, but I'm happy we're on the same side now. We should celebrate this reunion with some sake! Eh? What do you mean I'm underage!? I'm much older than I look, you know!?"

Emperor Hirohito:
    "You sent CHILDREN to their deaths! All for the sake of your twisted view on national pride and patriotism! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!? THOSE CHILDREN HAD FAMILIES AND FRIENDS! A BRIGHT FUTURE THEY WANTED TO SEE! If you deem your actions to be righteous... may the
    kami-no-kaze
    divine wind
    strike you down on where you stand."

Sakamoto Ryoma (bond 5):
    "Ryoma-kun! I-I finally did it! It was a long journey, but the future we dreamed of is finally here! ...I only wished you could've seen it with me back then. For the longest time, my fight was... a lonely one. W-Well, in any case, I'm glad you're here. We have lots to catch up on!"

Creator's Notes/Fun Facts
    - He was originally going to be an old man, but I couldn't find a good enough faceclaim for an old man with a cool Japanese navy uniform, so I made him into this weird case of "old man in a kid's body". This unexpectedly worked in my favor though, as I found a justification that fits well with his character, his survivor's guilt and belief that "the young people should be the one to change the future", to be exact. In Chaldea, while he acts like a kid most of the time, there are moments where his mask slips and he shows fondness towards more "generic old man stuff" like calligraphy and tea ceremonies. There are moments where he gives you some sound advice as well, indicating that he's wise beyond his years. The image of him trying to boss around the Nemo marines despite him not appearing that much older than them is also kind of hilarious to imagine.

- I've noticed some similar character traits in some of my previous sheets. Many of them are people with big dreams who would do absolutely anything necessary to realize them, with no regard to consequences (Oscar Wilde, Shakuni, Weishaupt, Orestes). Maybe I'm just a big fan of those types of characters in general, but I feel like these types of characterization can get boring after a while. So this sheet is kind of like a practice for me to add a deeper layer of personality to a character, making Katsu not just a dreamer, but also a broken man scarred by the sacrifices he must make in order to realize his ideals. I think he turned out pretty good.

- In a story, Katsu's character progression basically starts out with him acting like a technology-obsessed brat, then his mask slips off revealing his woes with him wondering if he even deserved to live after so many of his students died in his place, and finally, he decides that instead of burdening himself with the past, it would be much better for him to live for the sake of everyone who supported him. That would be a nice interlude.
    Last edited by BnEl15; November 18th, 2020 at 09:53 AM.

Blog Entries
    Rider: That is a really cool sheet. The personal skills are really cool, especially the Exchange skill. I wanted to criticize the Military Tactics C rank, but then i looked it up again and remembered it is a dumb skill, where no one can really achieve A and D and below is not existent in a sense.

regarding the NP, the effect makes sense, but i was wondering, if it were to encounter a so technologically advanced enemy, could it flip its effect on its head so it becomes the "old stuff" instead? probably not i guess, a dutch naval vessel cant be considered tradition, neither for him, nor in terms of technology.

And thanks for the nice reviews on my little Foreigner,, folks. i am happy with the result too

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the review. On Military Tactics, you may have a point there. He's good, but not that good, and seeing that the lowest rank of Military Tactics available in canon materials so far is held by freaking Hektor, Prince of Troy at rank C, giving the same rank to a 19th century naval officer who didn't even see that many battles definitely feels undeserved now (personally I think Hektor should've gotten a much higher rank for lasting so long in the chaos of the Trojan War, but I guess Skill rankings can be kind of weird sometimes). In any case, I'll lower Katsu's rank to D now.

Regarding the NP, you're right. With enough time to study them, he could assimilate the enemy's technology into his ship and use it against them, but since the ship itself isn't considered "a traditional piece of Japanese culture", it's immune from any similar "anti-culture" Skills/NP.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Vance's Avatar
    Actually the lowest rank at Military Tactics is held by Hijikata at D, according to his sheet

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 08:21 PM.

Blog Entries
    Kaitsu Kaishu: a good profile i must say ,though i am curious why o he qualify as Caster and what his noblephantasm would be as Archer or Caster.

As he is a japanese servant i am curious how would he think of my Jimmu Tenno and as he is a Ship Otaku what would he then think of my Titanica ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed by Fortuna View Post
    Personally the way I see it, the only way you could have a military tactics/Tactics ranking above B rank was if you were both
    A) a very capable military commander (like Napoleon, Sargon the Great, or Alexander the Great) who won most or all of their battles (and had a bonus from another factor)

B) possibly have a bonus from being in your home region (Napoleon in France, Alexander the Great in Greece, Akbar the great in India)

C) had a legend which largely if not fully revolve around tactics rather than skill in battle (Louis-Nicolas Davout and Otto Von Bismarck)

D) Had some noble phantasm which would help give you that A rank (or something equivalent to or effectively above A rank) (ie. Arthur Wellesley best remembered for beating Napoleon (possibly manifesting as a NP based around being more effective against those with high ranking military tactics skills) or Sun Tzu (whose art of War book would itself probably be a NP based around giving buffs to his existing personal skills or granting personal skills))
    good points, i would maybe add the factor of sheer numbers. If they acknowledge that it makes sense, because the more modern a leader, the bigger the army they lead compared to the armies of antiquity.

But in the end i guess Genghis gets it at A, maybe even as a Grand Rider like so many think