Page 130 of 620 FirstFirst ... 3080120125128129130131132135140180230 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,600 of 12386

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Did someone ever make a Sheet with characters from the Canaan Anime? Its still from Nasu and i dont think it is incompatible to the Fateverse
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by realcasually View Post
    I can't imagine it would... work. I can't help but feel like the pieces she'd assemble would be inherently contradictory. An ability like Grand Mosaic would be able to assemble all the necessary info on him, but if the ability relies on Scharff's ability to INTERPRET that information without granting any bonus TO it... You can own a detailed file on someone but if it's in a language you can't read, I'm not sure it's any good. I admit I'm not fully certain how that NP compares to, say, Assassin of Shinjuku's Doppelganger ability, which also copies the memories and physical form of a target (minus NPs, and also adding a combat element of 'must kill the target to become them', but aside that). What comprises a "mosaic" of information and how is it used?

Also, having caught up some more, I gotta say amazing job with the Vortigern fiction... and your Arthurian influx in general. Gotta say my favourite is Dagonet. What a guy. Good use of the Faker class.
    "the other is that, while she can create a mosaic on inhuman beings, she is incapable of imitating them."
    Technically, she could, but I actually think Knave falls more into this category than into the human one. She could try, but for her, it would be like someone trying to "think" about not thinking. You might convince some you've succeeded, but far more will be able to see the truth.
    The "mosaics" are more akin to her being able to peer into the Saint Graph of a person and deciphering it to make a picture within herself she can apply to her own. Due to the metaphorical nature of it rather than literal, it doesn't change her Graph, but overlays it. It's part of the reason inhuman beings are incompatible. Their Graphs usually call for things a human body is incapable of reproducing, making the overlay unstable. Such is the same with trying to imitate an inhuman state of mind like Knave's.

I'm glad people fell in love with Dagonet the way I did. I think I need to find more candidates for the Faker Class. Maybe an Alter-Ego somewhere along the line, as I've begun to see Macbeth as more a Double Summon Berserker these days. Still, I've been very happy with how my latest Servants have been turning out.

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Wow, I certainly wasn't expecting someone to try tackling Glewlwyd Gafaelfawr of all people even if it is pretty out there, which reminds me that I had my own Sheet of him nearly finished once but fell through the cracks. I'll have to go back and see if I can find it.
    Send me it when you do. I'd love to see what you had in mind. But yeah, I found him the same way I found my last three Servants. I was looking into someone else and got distracted. It's always surprising when that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    Did someone ever make a Sheet with characters from the Canaan Anime? Its still from Nasu and I don't think it is incompatible to the Fateverse
    I still need to watch Canaan. I've had it on my list for around two years now.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Remainer Class files
    This is a part of the Files that are containing the avalaible informations aboutt he most mysterious Servant classes

The following Informations are Confidential further acces is under own Risk

Authorisation verified

General known Information:

the Class Remainer is founded centuries before the creation of he Grailwar Ritual System developed by Matou Zouken and Justeaze von Einzbern with ooperation of Nagato Tohsaka . The General charackteristics of the class is unknown as the class is the Spirit Saint Graph is of other nature as the of the seven standart classes further does this class aloows for the preservation and summoning of Beings that normaly wouldnt be able to be placed into . the Inventors was one extinct Scandinavian Mage clan.

currently after the etablishment of the Master servant Etablishment Act Incident have appeared again some Servants of this Class ,however is the only pulically known Remainer class servant that is known is the Mesopotamian Goddess Tiamat ,although she is currently no Danger to the world thank her Masters influence however their are atleast Ten More Remainer class servants that are rumored and reported to exist but no exact evidence are available to confirm those Reports however all of These Ten Case files are under strict Confidentiality .As they could potencially provide a uncalculateable danger potencial as deduced from the verryfied Case that Tiamat a Being that capable of being summoned in the Beast Class thankfully is this class nearly un summonable by Mages and the natural reaction of the Counterforce preventing great Casualities ,however until we know more

One of These Reported Cases is the following \/

Remainer of the Arctic

Is a purported Mammoth appearance possesing Servant .

"Wrangel"
    (Remainer)

(Shoulder)height: 2,70 m~
    Lenght: 7 meters
    weight: 6 tons
    Origin: Wrangel Island -Arctica
    Allignment: True Neutral
    Attributes:Earth
    Weapons: Tusks and trunk,its feet and physical power,Blizards and Earth
    Other Qualifying Classes:???
    Likes: Rich Meadows , the Company of Elephants ,Moments of peace
    Dislikes: Human Environment, the Company of Carnivor like beings ,Hunters

Parameter:

Strenght: A
    Endurance.B
    Agility:B+
    Luck: C+
    Mana:B++
    NP: EX

Identity and Personality

"Wrangel" is a Being that would be almost unable to be summoned during a Normal Grailwar as it is not quualfying for any standart class .As it is neither a Heroic Spirit ,nor a Divine Spirt ,neither is it a true Monster the nearest Explanation can be said it to be are the Amalgation of the Spirits of the Last Mamoths on Earth that lived on the Arctic Wrangel Island to the same time as the Civilisation of the Mekind prosper in Egypt and the Levantine Region .

As they have endured the hardships in this rather hostille Area of the World in the archaic hope to survive are they more then suited for the Remainer class.

Thus is the Identity "Wrangel"

Personality:

It is at first appearing as rather ordinary Animal in ist personality but that isnt true as it is full of Lament and Sorrow as it bears the Memories of the Mammoths that fought their last Battle not against the Humen like their modern Cousins no against the World itself.

As such does it feels quite lonely but it doesnt enjoy the Company of Humen as it has difficulties to trust Humens .In cotrary it actively avoids them and dislikes to stay in in their creaeted Areas liike Cities which it tries to avoid rather does it preffer to the residence on natural places like Meadows ,not to dense Forests where it visibly is more at Peace .

Though in some Moments can it be seen to mournfull scream into the world .Also does it suffer that no answer is returning . Sometimes can it be seen to cry tear in These Moments it is truly a heartbreaking sight .

It is towards carnivor quite aggresive . However it enjoys the Company of Elephants although it can differentiate that they arent Conspecifics are they Company make "Wrangel" happy further is it highly protctie of them so should it see Hunters to threaten them it will it merciless slaughter them and despite that even as Servant it still prefer to eat the plants around it like grass or herbs or leaves will it plunder their Souls . On the other side is it fascinate with Humen that helps Annimals like the Workers of animal Shelters that are helping and caring for the animals .

Demeanor as Servant and towards the Master:

As during a normal Grailwar the probability to ist summoning is near Zero is it unlikely to appear in a regular Grailwar .

It does rather preffer to avoid the other servants then actively seek a confrontation however if it is attacked will it ruthlessly defend itself and Display a headstrong and boiling Fighting spirit which is equal to the Unyielding Will of Warriors . As it has no Knowledge or understanding of the Human Warfare are Topics like Honor without meaning to it as the only hohnor it perceives is the Survival of its species .

As such has it one the most Human Servants just the Anger for their demeanor towards the Animals they are murder. But towards Hunter type geroic Spiirits has it boiling hatred so can it through the Information it received through the Grail recognice them and will immediatly attack them . It also react hostile towards servants that have Carnivor treats like servants with Wolf aspects.

Towards its Master is it rather aloof and tends to have a distance to them . Only a Master that have a good conection towards Animals can etablish a more heartly Relationship as it will only listen to advise if it is withhin a battle Situation.

Relationships:

Fenris: Initially Hostility in form of a mmediate attacks .However Fenris has never attack it nor defended himself . Though after a while does it seem to recognised the kindred sorrow in him and is much friendly so does it feels a sort of Connection towards him.further supported as he can understand ist speech.

Fenrs: At first i were quite surprised that it attacked my neither have i knew that such beings are existing as in my Lifetime i never saw a Mamooth but i can feelt is suffering a similar pain .

Enkidu: Everything is good Wrangel you can the Humen here trsust especially Master . i will protect you against those Hunters.

Hessian Lobo:Absolutely Hostility it just want to kill the giant wolf .

Tugarin: Like with every Hunter has it a hostile and aggresive hostility towards the Bogatyr however he dodge the attacks only and bear it no grudge . Though ist to have in the last time attack him fewer times and one time did it also placed a apple on his favorite seat.

Ivan Gorsny (Lostbelt): ???

The Little Girl:

Skills
    Classkils:

Feast of Time: C+
    Classkils of he Remainer class it desrcibe the Degree of in which form and in which the Servant has resisted the Fangs of Time in "Wrangel"s case is it denoting the staet of physical Degradation as such does it has similar effects like Weak Constitution in that with low probability it can cause that for several minutes one or two physical Parameters are ranked down to one lower Rank .

Independet Action: A++
    As the Mammoths of Wrangel lived outside the Influences of Humen does Remainner possess a very high rank of this skill .However they are still need a active anchor to the World. This allows Remainer to move independet from ist Master aswell does allows Remainer to roam without a Contract to a Master upto a Month provided it stay withhin the Wilderness . If it stays in from Humen manipulated Areas the Duration is reduced 10 days.

Magic Resistence: B
    Obtained through Child of Nature aswell through Memories of the Hunted .

Cancel spells under three verses . Grants also a Damage reduction against Dvine Sorcery or True Magic.

Personnal Skills:

Innocent Monster(Spirit):B+
    Special Version of Innocent Monster skill which in this case donate the being the Status as spiritual Overnatural Being .

In "Wrangel"s case does it reflect the Myths of thee Old Siberian People of which Mammoths were mysterious Beings that were originating froa other word so that they are seldom entering the Realm of the Humen and normal Animals , mostly only under specific circumstances , supported by the unique apperance oft he Mammoths which were distinctive to all other beings they knew of their existence.

As such does this skill grant "Wrangel" the skills Child of Nature and Earth Mana Blast of the same rank which grants Remainer that withhin Natural Environment it receives per turn a certain amount of Magical Energy ,the abbillity to Control and create Earth around itself . Rank up ist mana Parameters . Aswell gives acces to the Territory Creation skill.

Territory Creation (Recreation): A+
    Skill to create a advantagious Territory. As "Wrangel" is not a human Mage has this skill a other aplication . This skills origin is the spiritual state which was through Innocent Monster altered in that Wrangel is now a Nature spirit does this skill allows Remainer to reproduce the Environment of their Lifetime which is in this case a bounded field that rebuild the Tormenting Icestorms they had to endure driven by the will to survive .

So allows this "Wrangel" to create strong Blizzards and heavy Blasts of Massve Ice that are equal to Noblephantasm which itcan Control further is it able to examplewise create a White Out phenomen thus granting itself or allies Presence Concealment rank A similar effects. As further this Environment is the recreation of a World before the Humen where the ruling creatures thus does it cause malfunctions on Technologies aswell on Modern Magecrafts that Arent having their Roots in Divine Sorcery .As this Environment were during the early Age of Gods.

Natural Weapon(Herbivore): C (A+)

the Family of Proboscidae have like many other herbivore Animal Group developed over the ime many Weapons to defend themselves aswell their childs. In the Case of specially the elephant like Mamooths are it theeir Trunk ,their physical size and power ,and specially their Tusks .

As such does "Wrangel" receive a plus modifier on all checks aswell increased damage against a as "Carnivor" or "Predator" seen Opponent like example wise a servant with Wolv like Attributes or the Mount of a Rider servant example wise further does it allows it to draw upon the Unyielding Will skill if it has recofgniced the Opponent as Predator or as enemy that can threat it as no Prey give up with out a fight .

Memories of the Hunted : A
    Are the Memories of the victims of the Hunting Sprees of the Humen before the Gods etablished a Symbiotic Relationship to the Menkind and gave them their Wisdom and skills . This Memories of the deeds of the Wild Ancestors of the Humen which even now is continued in some sense .

This skill symbolise the accumulated Anger and Grudge that the Elephant like Beings had collected until today .

Noblephantasm
    Umqilir Ulgan

Anti-Army
    A

the Sublimation of the Concept of the Mammoth existence that the Siberian tribes had About them nalemy in their Legends were Mammoths beasts that roamed the world under the earth and that they are entering our Realm near their end .

Further does it symbolise the Herd Instinct as they were similar like the modern Elephants Group Animals.

As such does this Noblephantasm allow "Wrangel" to summon the Mammoths of the legends to ist aid which are arising out of the earth,however unlike the Biological Mammoths are they vast different as they are phantasmals that are having the outer appearance of with earth and plants covered Mammoths their shinning eyes are indicating their otherworldly origin , their sizze is similar to "Wrangel"s own .Also can it be said that they possesing great Regeneration abbillitiies that are similar to those of the Dead Apostle Kind also are they able to Control the earth like that they can let the firm Soil turn into liquid Mud and vica versa aswell that they can create Ston projectils aswell are they able to travel great distances very fast underr the Earth and can surprise attack the opponents .Their physical strenght is that each one has the strenght of a mid Tier servant(B Ranks) . Although are their bodies umistakeable out of Flesh are they crumble to muddy earth when they are killed.

Chukchi Bahamut

EX
    Anti-World(self)

Is the Cosmology of some oft he Siberian Tribes Sublimated as Noblepantasm . After the Cosmology of the Siberian Tribes were the Continents carried on the Back of a Giant Mammoth and every time it made a movement caused it Earthquakes ont he Surface .So allows this after the activatio of this Noblephantasm to let it "Wrangel" become this primordial Mammoth .After the activation is a great Blast around Remainer evoked that unleash a dense Magical Energy Wave after which Remainer is growing to Gargantuan Dimension so that it even over shadow the highest of Mountains on ist BAck is Building Earth and Stone like Islands where plants are sprouting . Ist Tusks are gaining a bright Color an are Looking more like Giant Spears on their own is fur takes on a almost red Color . In this state are ist Strenght and Endurance aswell Mana states elevated to EX Rank, it is now a Divine Beast of Milenia Rank similar to the Babylonian Gugalanna and it gain the following abbillities :

Authority of Continents : Allows it to take Control over the very Earth and this enables it to reshape the Surface of the Earrth after its will further can it take ontrol over the Environmental Leylines .

Seismic Mana Blast: the Mammoth were thought to be the source of the Earthquakes so isit able to create Shockwaves that are in power equal to Anti-Rortresss strikes .

C ontinental Ether Core: as the Mammoth was equalised with the Core of the Earth does it possess a Mana Reaktor which similar like the planet self produce ist own Magical Energy which is not Ether ,ist True Ether and it forms around itself a Reality Marble like Spehre where the World is increasingly filled with Mystery so that it can potencially bring the World back into the Age´f Gods . Additionally are the Island on ots Back covered in a seperate Bounded Field further has it their complete Control .

Defacto does this Noblephantam transform Remainer into a Being that would qualify for the Beast Class but the Mana cost of REmainer that the Master must pay are really terryfying as a normal Master would then be almpost lethal drained of their Mana .aswell is this Being as it is defying the Structure of the actual Age causing huge rresistences of the Counter force so that it may be potencially make the interference of a Grandservant neccesary. So is this Noblephantasm one that not only would break through the Secrecy of a normal Grailwar but even endanger whole Countries . Also is "Wrangel" not very wiling to use this Noblephantasm unless their are certain circumstances.

Notes

So actually had i the Inspiration for a other servant but after i asked Morg why he doesnt attempt a Remainer class servant have i thought that it may be difficult with just one examßple so did i thought that i make and put into practice a idea i had a while ago .So had i a Inspiration bost .

I hope there arent much Grammar issues and it is readable .

i have thuoght that it will be a servant in my on Fate Requiem inspired World were the Class Remainer is a Topic of secrecy as a certain Organisation try to find out About the BAckgrounds there aswell are the Governments also quite interested in that Classs properties.

Also i hope that you like this servant as i tried to make as Always a deeper personality but ist a bit tricky . Also should this servant demonstrate that once were many fascinating beings in our world respectively are still in our world Living and i hope that it will also in the future .

Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    Wrangle: Simple, to the point, and interesting. Good job, Koga, though Memoires of the Hunted doesn't seem to serve much purpose beyond description, but I can think of a few that do that as well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Morg van Destro View Post
    Wrangle: Simple, to the point, and interesting. Good job, Koga, though Memoires of the Hunted doesn't seem to serve much purpose beyond description, but I can think of a few that do that as well.
    thanks Morg ! Can you now understand the Remainer class better then before ? and powelevel wise how strong would you find this Remainer ? and would you like to see it in a Anime Adaption ?
    Last edited by Kabalisto Koga; March 17th, 2021 at 02:27 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    thanks Morg ! Can you now understand the Remainer class better then before ? and powelevel wise how strong would you find this Remainer ? and would you like to see it in a Anime Adaption ?
    A little. Fairly strong. Eh. I'm into character dynamics, and this kind of Servant would be a little hard for that.

Blog Entries
    A little. Fairly strong. Eh. I'm into character dynamics, and this kind of Servant would be a little hard for that.
    Yeah that was my difficulty in to give Wrangel a more nuanced personality but through Memories of the Hunted it has the Memories of the hunted Elephant and related Animals . So it is naturally that it not easily Trusts Humen even ist Master . So would it has probably the best compatibility with a Shamanistic orientated Master which has a Deep understanding of the Nature so could that work . But i am shure that ist second Noblephantasm would make for a Epic anime Moment if you think on a Mammoth that would towering over the Fuji .

And how do you find the Case files Format and the Status that the Remainer class servants have in that World?
    Last edited by Kabalisto Koga; March 17th, 2021 at 02:44 PM.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think Extra Classes are just fancy names for Overclasses. Every Extra Class Servant could easily be placed into one of the 7 core classes, but they make the Servant more interesting. They give them a specific title and while the canon Extra Classes have somewhat functioning descriptions, I still dont really get what Remainer Class is supposed to be.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Send me it when you do. I'd love to see what you had in mind. But yeah, I found him the same way I found my last three Servants. I was looking into someone else and got distracted. It's always surprising when that happens.
    It especially saddens me that I also had a St.Patrick Sheet lying around somewhere which would have been perfect to drop today just to see how many people it would offend.

"Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    It especially saddens me that I also had a St.Patrick Sheet lying around somewhere which would have been perfect to drop today just to see how many people it would offend.

One question how do you find my Remainer servant Skull ? I would be curious .

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Reminds me of when I wrote up Patrick as a villain way back in the first thread. Wasn't for the holiday though.

Blog Entries
    Welp, I couldn't find either Glewlwyd or Patrick in the labryinth that is my documents, but I did find this so enjoy...

Do yo liek da Konosuba?
    --------------------------------

Rider

True Name: Sulis Minerva
    Epithet: "The Exalted Goddess of the Sun"
    Region: Britain (Celtic Mythology)
    Hidden Attribute: Heaven
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Dislikes: Sickness, Thieves
    Talents: Deciphering Cryptograms, Spearmanship
    Natural Enemy: Nemetona

Parameters:
    STR: (B) END: (C) AGI: (A) MGI: (B) LCK: (C) NP: (A)

Character:
    Rider takes the form of "Sulis" - a solar deity of Britain's ancient Celtic pantheon. Of course this is not the true form of Sulis but rather a Pseudo-Servant form taken after a curious young lady snuck into the temple complex after hours to see the famous Baths only to accidently fall into the dark waters and Sulis' spirit "borrowed" the girl's body for a bit as payment of saving her.

In terms of character, Sulis' most defining trait would be "pride". As a high ranking deity worshipped by humans, she thrives on maintaining the image of a "perfect Goddess" but it is merely a façade. In reality Sulis is a spirited and carefree individual, whose actions are heavily dependant on her transient whims though she afterwards always has a flimsy justification as to why it was the "perfect" decision. Indeed, it is her own personality that usually undermines her image such as ignobly expecting praise after doing heroic deeds or childishly rising to insults and jeers designed to bait her. Yet in spite of her airheaded behaviour, she is actually highly intelligent as her worshippers always wrote down their prayers anonymously via cryptograms and Sulis always had to decode them in order to do anything about granting the prayers of her cult. Should Sulis find herself without anything to do in a Holy Grail War, her Master would be likely to come across her lazily reclining in a rocking chair, peering through spectacles as she makes her way through a book of logic problems.

When it comes to her syncretism with the Roman Goddess Minerva, Sulis does not mind and chooses to see her as something of a big sister who she's never met. Sulis would certainly not turn down the opportunity to expand her Cult to make it bigger than her eternal rival Nemetona after all (who immediately linked up with the Goddess Victoria in response) even if there is a strange bleeding effect whereby Sulis will occasionally "remember" something that never happened to her if she comes across certain places or people. But it is a small price to pay for her vanity and if it means that Loucetios will pay more attention to her.

However perhaps the most surprising thing of all about Sulis is her suppressed bloodlust. She was a Celt after all and she enjoyed nothing more than the thrill of battle and would often satiate her boredom by roaming the country and beating up the various Phantasmal Beasts that she comes across. This is her primary reason for wanting to enter a Holy Grail War as the chance to battle heroes and Gods from other lands and eras fills her with intense excitement. Overwhelming power (both in brains and brawn) is what drew her to Loucetios as he was one of very few men (God or otherwise) to best her in combat. When in his presence any attempt at dignity fails and Sulis turns into a lovestruck schoolgirl. Naturally, the more Sulis' Master resembles Loucetios in terms of strength or personality will dictate how cooperative she will be towards them.

Her Wish upon the Grail? Hearing that her baths were closed for bathers after a girl contracted meningitis from the water and died saddens Sulis greatly and her Wish would be to restore the baths to their former glory with her as a powerful deity once again.

Skills:
    Class Skills

Divine Core of the Goddess - (C)

A Skill that expresses one being a perfected goddess from birth. A composite Skill that comprises the Skill Divinity, preserves the absoluteness of the mind and the body, repels all mental interference, prevents the body from growth and prevents the figure from change no matter how much calories are absorbed. Despite Sulis being a forgotten deity of a lesser pantheon, her syncretism with Minerva by the Roman Empire has boosted the Rank of this Skill to a morderate level.

Magic Resistance - (B)

Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. As a Divine Spirit hailing from the Age of Gods, Sulis naturally has strong innate resistance to magical spells and effects. At this Rank, the Skill will cancel all spells with a chant below three verses. Even if Sulis is targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for her to be affected.

Riding - (A)

The Class Skill of Rider and Saber class Servants, denoting the ability to ride mounts and vehicles. Rider-class Servants will typically possess a high rank. It is said that dragon type mounts are an exception, requiring a different ability other than Riding. One of Sulis' favourite past-times was seeking out various monsters roaming the land and beating them up, some of which she took a liking to and in turn tamed them to be her steeds both for travel and combat. As a result, all vehicles and all creatures of any era up to the level of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast can be used as her mounts.

Personal Skills

Aquae Sulis - (C)

The so-called "Water of Life" that was much sought after by both the disease-ridden peasants and the warriors injured in battle. In actuality, it was a simple hot spring that Sulis loved bathing in and any form of water that comes into contact with her skin will be purified and imparted with a recovery effect. When used on humans, the consumed water can heal wounds, sickness and even poisons so long as they are not immediately fatal and enough repeated exposure can bring about a full recovery. On Servants the effects are not as strong as their bodies will naturally try to resist the effect, but it will still provide some benefit. Sulis usually carries a water bag with him whenever she needs to scoop water for this Skill's usage. Lastly, the water will have no effect if Sulis drinks it herself, it seems that life is simply not that easy.

Cursed Eyes of Death Perception - (B)

One of the highest grades among superpowers and considered the ancestor to the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception. Despite being revered as a solar deity, Sulis was also feared for the cursed eyes she was born with which is where her name derives from. Countless worshippers wrote down their troubles on tablets and offered them to Sulis' temple so that she would strike down the perpetrator with sickness or death. Regardless of the target being organic or inorganic, Sulis' eyes reads into the primary factor of death within it and visualizes it as a phenomenon that can be actualised. When used on a living person, their bodily functions will start to cease and their mental faculties will slow down as death envelops them unless they can escape from Sulis' line of sight. On an inorganic target, the structural integrity will weaken instead until it breaks apart. The major drawback of this ability is it takes so much energy and concentration, that Sulis cannot use it in active combat and instead must be standing completely still and totally focused on nothing but the target. Thus on enemy Servants it will have limited use and a better application will be creative tactics such as targeting a building to collapse on top of a Servant who will be distracted and allow Sulis to launch a critical strike with her spear instead.

Mana Burst [Flame] - (A)

The increase in performance caused by infusing one's weapons and body with Magical Energy and instantly expelling it. Simply put, recreating the effect of a jet burst by expending large amounts of Magical Energy. As one of the Solar Deities of the Celtic pantheon, Sulis wields dominion over heat and so her Magic Circuits always impart a Flame effect when used. As such, both Sulis' spearhead and shieldface turn crimson from the radiating heat during battle with which increases the damage they do and if an enemy Servant touches them they will have to pass a Check in order not to be given a Burn status. Outside of her own weapons, Sulis can use this Skill in other creative ways such as grabbing an opponent's weapon and heating it up to make them dropping it...or just boiling some water when the kettle breaks.

Noble Phantasm:
    Hippocamp
    Water Demon Steed of the Heroine

[Type: Anti-Unit], [Rank: B], [Maximum Range: 500 Metres], [Maximum Number of Targets: 1]

Originally a nameless Monstrous Beast that was tamed by Sulis in the past an now serves as her loyal steed. When the Roman Empire arrived in Britain and saw Sulis' worship, they tried to honour the beast by making mosaics of it in her temple but they mistakenly called it the Hippocamp of Greek myth and the name ended up sticking. In reality, "Hippocamp" is a Kelpie from Sulis' native Celtic legend - a man-eating water demon that loves the taste of a young girl's' flesh. It has the appearance resembling a large pale blue horse whose tail is shaped like a fish's fin.

When Sulis snaps her fingers Hippocamp rises once again to serve her, forming out of the nearest body of water. The beast can gallop far faster than the average automobile and being a water spirit can even run across water or swim through it with ease. In addition, Hippocamp has shapeshifting capabilities which manifest in the form of two Mode Changes: Boobrie Mode in which Hippocamp transforms into a great big water bird which trades its speed for flight and durability prowess. Alternatively Hippocamp has the Human Mode where it naturally shifts into any human shape that it has previously seen. This can be useful for a variety of situations such as creating a double of Sulis for a distraction or of her Master to keep the real one safe. It can even impersonate other Servants though obviously it is only a skin-deep imitation and will not have any of their abilities or skills.

------------------

De Hasta Minervae
    Holy Spear of the Infernal Beast

[Type: Anti-Army], [Rank: A], [Maximum Range: 1200 Metres], [Maximum Number of Targets: 500]

A Holy Spear belonging to Sulis and thanks to the syncretism-worship by the Romans, it has the power borrowed from Minerva as well. Most of the time Sulis uses it as a normal spear which combined with her shield makes her an effective combatant in battle.

But when faced with an opponent that mere force cannot beat, Sulis pours all of her Authority into the spear and unleashes its true power. After launching it from her hands, the entire spear is now engulfed in flames which twist and bend into the shape of a gigantic fiery owl. The infernal beast - which Sulis affectionately calls "Minerva", proceeds to swoop down on the enemy and attack independently of Sulis. The sheer size of Minerva makes it best suited to clearing out waves of an Army Noble Phantasm or fighting on par with a Large Class Phantasmal Beast. In addition, the intense heat coming off of Minerva's body is close to that of a mini-sun making all who come into close contact (other than Sulis) at risk of melting.

When it comes time for dealing the finishing blow, Sulis jumps onto Minerva's back as they fly towards the enemy and the flames that comprise Minerva's body compress into a single beam of energy that Sulis surfs on right before crashing it into the enemy as it effortlessly pierces their body like a high powered laser. The spear then emerges out of the light beam which Sulis then catches to continue fighting with.

Of course a Noble Phantasm of such magnitude is not without a massive cost and Sulis cannot maintain it for more than ten minutes before she starts to feel the drain of mana consumption.

Lore:

During the tranquil days before even the Romans had came to Britain, King Hudibras ruled over the land after a fierce civil war. In order to strengthen his dynasty, Hudibras sent his young son Bladud to Athens to be educated. However whilst he was there, Bladud contracted leprosy and so when he returned to Britain his father tried to have him imprisoned but Bladud was able to flee into the countryside and go into hiding. Whilst incognito he found employment as a swineherd in Swainswick and he noticed that despite the cold weather, several of his pigs would return at the end of the day covered in warm black mud and wouldn't get skin diseases like the others would.

Deciding to investigate the source of the mud, Bladud followed discreetly after the pigs one day all the way into an alder-moor where he discovered a natural hot spring - an incredibly rare sight in Britain. The pigs continued onward and would playfully roll about in the mud surrounding the hot spring eliciting a giggle from inside the sping's mist. Shocked at hearing a woman's voice, Bladud instinctively takes a step back only to have a branch crunch under his foot. Before he knew it, a figure launched from the water with inhuman speed and was lunging for Bladud's neck - with all of his strength he drew his sword to parry the strike as metal clanged in the air and he was sent flying backwards. Dazed, Bladud lifted himself off his back to find a spear in his face and holding it was a woman of bewitching beauty. The woman demanded to know who would be brave enough to die after trying to sneak up on a bathing goddess. Bladud hedged his bets and removed his scarf, declaring himself the rightful heir to the kingdom who was denied his place by disease and was seeking the source of the panacea that was the black mud that cures the pigs of sickness. The goddess stared into his eyes before lowering the spear and announced herself as Sulis - deity of the Sun and the water that comes into contact with her body is purified and gains healing properties, which is why her favourite hot spring and the surrounding earth have become sacred. She then bent down, picked up Bladud by his cloak and with one arm tossed him into the spring, telling him to wash off the leprosy and leave as she disappeared into the mist.

Twenty years later, Bladud returned to the countryside as King of Britain and in order to repay the favour to the goddess, he had the city of Caervaddon built and in the centre was both the hot springs open to the public and a temple dedicated to Sulis. However, Bladud was having trouble lighting the torch on the grand altar of the temple as it would keep going out immediately. Just as he was about to give up hope, a familiar giggle echoed behind him and he turned around to find Sulis once again in front of him , yet she didn't appaear to have aged a day since they last met. Sulis noted that whilst she was away on the continent chasing after Loucetios, he had been busy playing civilisation on top of her favourite hot spring. Bladud was ready to beg for her understanding but Sulis waved away his concerns, saying that her powers had vastly grown thanks to the temple and all the people who bring offerings after being healed by the water, thus she could hardly complain. With that, Sulis turned to take her leave once againbut just before she exited the room she snapped her fingers and the torch on the grand alter burst into a roaring flame.

Thus the centuries came and went and despite being a solar deity, Sulis inadvertently became the "genius loci" of the hot springs. This became especially important as the Age of Gods came to a close and Sulis dared not tread on the continent anymore for fear of disappearing - no matter how much she missed the embrace of her lover Loucetios. Eventually the Roman Empire arrived on the shores of Britain to claim it for themselves. The soldiers eventually reached the city of Caervaddon and were in awe of the undying flame on the temple's alter that could not be extinguished and so they did not demolish the city but instead renovated it into what is now known as the city of "Bath" with the improved Roman styled baths dedicated to Sulis - though the Romans called her by the name of their native Goddess Minerva and over the generations it started to stick in the minds of the Britons so her name became "Sulis-Minerva" much to her amusement. However all things must come to an end and as the Roman Empire collapsed the people began to forget about Sulis entirely and the pantheon of Celtic deities was completely replaced with Christianity.

Relationships:

Altera - "That sword...who are you and what have you done with my Loucetios!? Answer fast or prepare to taste my blade!"

Artoria
    - "I suppose I could lend you my aid. After all, your grandfather did repel those nasty Huns from invading our land."

Bedivere - "Strange, I thought I could smell that salty sea dog Nodens around here but there's just some pretty boy instead."

Boudica - "Ah, I sense Andraste's protection over you child. Go forth, and show me why you were chosen as her champion!"

Heracles, Medusa & Odysseus - "Hmm? Didn't I meet you someplace before? Oh yeah, maybe it was there in another life..."

Saint Gregorius - "Bleh, I was never one for Christianity but even so having a foreigner replace Edmund as the patron saint of our land is still displeasing."

Creator's Notes:
    No, I didn't put the Lore section of Bladud into Sulis' Sheet by mistake. It wasn't meant to run that long but I had way too much fun writing it and one thing lead to another. That said, I do kinda fancy writing a Bladud sheet now as he's quite the figure himself.

I was always fascinated by the history of the Roman Baths in... well, Bath. Not to mention I also love obscure Celtic stuff like the little known deity Sulis. Thus it was only a matter of time before I took a crack at a making a Sheet trying to combine it all together. Obviously since there are several different founding legends for the Roman Baths, I took some creative liberty in mixing and matching them together to make a nice and easy flowing narrative.

The Faceclaim is Aqua from the "Konosuba". The artstyle clashes horribly with Fate, but I just couldn't resist throwing in the wacky young lady in.

As always, comments and criticisms are welcome~

Blog Entries
    Sulis Minerva: Hccchhh. I'm gonna have to dock you points for using Aqua as a faceclaim. She's just too competent. Add in no obvious "Purification!" ad infinitum joke, and the score goes down even lower. Then, the final insult of Bedi instead of my Edern even though Nodens is his father, and it really takes a nose dive.
    Solid 3/10

Honestly, you can tell you had some fun making her. I definitely was giggling halfway through reading her second NP. Needs a Summer form.
    Of all the mythologies, Celtic and Japanese are my blindspots, but that's mostly because, as a Marvel fan, I never had a character that really got me into wanting to learn more, so it's always interesting to see. One Servant I eventually have planned actually deals with the Orisha, and that's been interesting to learn so far. It made me a little interested to see you do a Loucetios sheet as well.
    Last edited by Morg van Destro; March 17th, 2021 at 08:25 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    I think Extra Classes are just fancy names for Overclasses. Every Extra Class Servant could easily be placed into one of the 7 core classes, but they make the Servant more interesting. They give them a specific title and while the canon Extra Classes have somewhat functioning descriptions, I still dont really get what Remainer Class is supposed to be.
    The remainer class is actually from the Thaumatugic aspect the Prototyp of the other Classess and far older then the Grailwar System but as it in my fanfiction is a element of spoiler cant i say more but the Remainer class ist the class of Prevervation a Class of beings that resisted the circumstances .

Blog Entries
    Then, the final insult of Bedi instead of my Edern even though Nodens is his father, and it really takes a nose dive.
    When it comes to the "Relationships" part of Sheets, I only ever tackle canonical Servants otherwise I would be there all day coming up with dialogue for every single interaction one would have. Thus Bedivere made sense as the only one with a loose connection to Nodens.

It made me a little interested to see you do a Loucetios sheet as well.
    Hmm...A Mars Loucetios with a variant of the Photon Ray Noble Phantasm that replaces the rainbow light beam with a hyper electrolaser you say?

Tempting, definitely something to put on the backburner.

Blog Entries
    When it comes to the "Relationships" part of Sheets, I only ever tackle canonical Servants otherwise I would be there all day coming up with dialogue for every single interaction one would have. Thus Bedivere made sense as the only one with a loose connection to Nodens.
    I get it.

Hmm...A Mars Loucetios with a variant of the Photon Ray Noble Phantasm that replaces the rainbow light beam with a hyper electrolaser you say?

I don't remember saying anything close to that. Perhaps there's a breakdown in the language barrier. repeat after me: Llywelyn the Great.

That would certainly be interesting, though.

Blog Entries
    Sulis Minerva : Although i have outside of Clips nebver saw Konosuba i got where you have some Inspiration of the profile Skull really good though i am curius why inher Relationship section is not aline for Royds Ogmios which were alsoa Celtic God well kay one from the Continental Branch ?

Also i would be curious how she would find my Shappur the second as he is a demigod of Sun and also has a connecton to a Water Goddess aswell has even as Hobby to enjoy Baths ?

perhaps could you try to make a Taranis profile which were the Celtic Counerpart of Zeus and said to be one of the most powerfull Celtic Gods but sadly is there not even a ounce of legends or myths known About him or the most Celtic Gods of the Continent .

Blog Entries
    I don't remember saying anything close to that. Perhaps there's a breakdown in the language barrier. repeat after me: Llywelyn the Great.
    It's too late, harem protagonist Kazuma Satou as Loucetios coming sometime in the next ten years.

Blog Entries

as you seem to know the Celtic Mythology a bit deeper and the Britain legends can you give me some hints for Sites where i can get more Infos About the Celtic Godes and some start hints for servant wise the Celtic Gods Lugh ,Balor and Manannan ?
    Last edited by Kabalisto Koga; March 18th, 2021 at 08:09 PM. Reason: typo

Blog Entries
    Lord Almighty. This'll be a fun one to read feedback on.

Source
    Class: Saber
    Other Classes: Lancer, Archer, Assassin, Ruler
    True Name: Tor le Fise Aries
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Place of Origin: Britain
    Height: 173 cm.
    Weight: 64 kilo.
    Dislikes: Failure
    Natural Enemy: Himself.

Parameters:
    STR: B+
    END: B+
    AGI: B+
    MGI: B
    LCK: E
    NP: A

Class Skills:
    Magic Resistance (B):
    Cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for them to be affected.

Riding (A):
    All vehicles and all creatures but those of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast-rank can be used as mounts. This rank is high enough to have an aptitude for the Rider Class.

Personal Skills:
    All Kinds of Talents (A):
    A man who could seemingly accomplish anything he put his mind to, Saber was often perceived as extremely talented. It wasn’t talent, however. While most worked until they succeeded, Saber worked until he didn’t fail. He can do anything he practiced when he was alive at B Rank or higher and learns faster than normal in matters he only just got started.

Eternal Arms Mastery (False) (A+):
    As he beat Lancelot in their final battle, it has been disputed by several critics that he was the best of the era. These claims, however, have no real basis beyond this note, as just as many argue he died in their final encounter.

By means of perfect unification of the mind, technique, and body, even when affected any sorts of influence of mental restriction he is capable of demonstrating perfect combat capability.

Imperial Gift (B):
    An ability that, due to the insistence of those who ruled over the owner, allows them to temporarily possess essentially impossible Skills for a short amount of time.

Saber being given knighthood on the spot just by asking has translated to him being able to acquire Skills his master deems necessary for him to possess. However, due to his ability to gain new permanent Skills, the Skills he can acquire through this method are few and mostly unknown to him.

Nothing into Something (A):
    There was absolutely nothing special about Saber. In fact, the only reason he became skilled at “anything” was because he was “nothing”.
    This Skill takes advantage of that “nothingness” by filling it with “something”. Namely, the Skills of other Servants. So long as the Skill does not involve the ability to speak, blessing from a divine source, or physical modification of the body, it is possible for Saber to gain it. This can even include Skills involving magic such as Primordial Rune. However, he has to witness the Skill being used first.

Emptiness (D):
    There had once been a time when Saber could have reached this ultimate mental state. However, upon coming to the revelation that “one is nothing”, he instead rejected it to become “something”. Still, it becomes possible for him to temporarily access this state of invincibility if he focuses.

Noble Phantasm:
    Illusion d'un Chevalier: Simulacre de la Table Ronde (A)
    Anti-Self

Saber’s nature supplemented as a Noble Phantasm, Illusion d'un Chevalier is Saber’s ability to imitate others’ abilities taken to its extreme.

Upon activation, Saber’s Saint Graph changes to match those of any other knight of Camelot, temporarily becoming indistinguishable from them in everything but appearance. Even his weapon, due to its nature, takes on the form of their Noble Phantasm, even becoming capable of utilizing its True Name, though at a lower rank.

The true strength of this Noble Phantasm is how quickly he can switch between them, as his Saint Graph acts more akin to a container than something set in stone. Because of this, it can be emptied and filled in rapid succession, often flowing through multiple different weapons and fighting styles every few seconds, becoming highly unpredictable.

Lochlamh: Empty Hilt (A)
    Anti-Army

An empty hilt given to him by the Lady of the Lake, this weapon is actually a magical construct that can take on any form the wielder desires. Any weapon, whether sword, bow, hammer, dagger, etc. was possible for it. This weapon is even powerful enough to take on the form of Noble Phantasms, though at one rank lower than the original.

However, that is not the weapon’s true power. The true purpose of its ability is to become the weapon in the wielder’s soul. Only then can its True Name be used, and its power unleashed. For Saber, this true form is a blue longsword with a completely hollow middle. Despite this appearance, this weapon reaches durability close to Excalibur and matching Galatine’s.

In this form, the weapon becomes like water, able to extend or retract, expand or shrink, and lose its solidity and pass-through weapons before re-solidifying. By releasing its True Name though, a feat accomplishable despite his impairment, the weapon becomes a roaring torrent of water that moves fast enough to cleave through armor. Saber can control and direct this torrent with extreme accuracy so long as he remains uninterrupted.

Lore
    “O King Arthur... it was told me that at this time of your marriage ye would give any man the gift that he would ask, out except that were unreasonable. Sir, I ask nothing else but that ye will make my son here a knight. It is a great thing thou askest of me, said the king. What is thy name? ... Sir, my name is Aries the cowherd. Whether cometh this of thee or of thy son? said the king. Nay, sir, said Aries, this desire cometh of my son and not of me, for I... have thirteen sons, and all they will fall to what labour I put them, and will be right glad to do labour, but this child will not labour for me, for anything that my wife of I may do, but always he will be shooting or casting darts, and glad for to see battles and to behold knights, and always day and night he desireth of me to be made a knight.”

Knigthood and Reasoning
    Tor knew one thing even when he was young. He was going to be a knight. Not because he had some sort of ambition or believed in the glory of knighthood or he was fascinated or idolized the brave warriors. No. His reason was simply because of one thing.

His mother.

Tor was the bastard son of Pellinore, a fact he was all too aware of since he was a child. His mother was a fling Pellinore had before she met his father, and he was born soon after their marriage. His mother told his father, but she never said who the man had been. Still, his father, a simple cowherd, accepted and loved him as his own.

Tor, though, would learn of his sire from his mother, telling him he was destined to be strong and powerful just like him. A great knight that everyone respected. Tor understood what she said, and, as he grew older, he worked to make it a reality.

Tor was a boy with a strange twist in his soul. To him, the world was nothing.

Literally.

As far as Tor was concerned, nothing in this world had any meaning whatsoever. This led to him viewing himself as “something”, as he was unlike anything else he experienced. Hearing from his mother say that he was destined to be a knight, he concluded that “knight” equals “something”. So, if he became and met other knights, he would find other “somethings”.

And so, what he had to do was simple. Study, practice, and learn. As the only “something” in the world, he could literally become “anything” he wanted. Anything he set his mind to, he did. Anything he didn’t, he would eventually. He wanted to learn horse-riding, so he became the best rider around. He wanted to wield weapons, so he used the weapons left over from the wars to become proficient. He wanted to learn something, then he studied every scrap of information he could find alongside observing the world around him until he understood it.

All this did was further reinforce that he must be “something”, as no one else could do the things he did to such a degree.

Finally, having reached adulthood, his father took Tor before the king after his marriage ceremony, hearing the king would grant any reasonable wish. It was true, and Arthur, seeing his body compared to that of his brothers, and noting it was leagues above them, asked for a demonstration of his skill, and Lancelot, believing it was rude for Tor not to speak on his own behalf, declared he would be the one to test him.

Tor wanted to beat Lancelot. So, he failed.

He had been right. He had finally met “someone”. Meanwhile, Lancelot was surprised at the skill of the son of a simple cowherd. He had actually worked for that victory.

Arthur and the rest of the court saw this as well, and Tor’s father was ecstatic to see his son perform so well in his first fight. Arthur, suitably impressed and seeing the potential in him, asked for his name.

His father told them his name was Tor. It was then that he told them the reason his son hadn’t spoken since he had arrived.

Tor… was mute.

Still, Arthur asked Tor to present his sword, and the king knighted him. Merlin, who had for some reason been practically bursting the moment the two had walked in, suddenly exploded with excitement. Declaring before the entire court without a hint of shame, he revealed that Tor was none other than the child of Pellinore, a fact that surprised his father greatly. Merlin continued without waiting for reaction, predicting Tor would be an amazing knight.

Pellinore, surprisingly, didn’t seem to mind this, congratulating his “son” and Tor’s father for being accepted. Tor didn’t care for his praise. He was focused on Lancelot and the other knights present. Were they all “something” as well?

Having become a knight, Tor’s next goal was simple. If they were all “something”, what were they? What was it that made them “something”? He would study them, test them, and finally discover the answer.

However, that would have to be put on hold literally the next day when, during the grand feast to celebrate Arthur and Guinevere’s union, Merlin made a new declaration. A strange and marvelous adventure was about to begin, and their newest knight was going to be a part of it.

Suddenly, a white hart (deer), a brachet (female hunting hound), and thirty black hounds rushed into the dining hall, knocking over tables and unseating guests. The hart, having a chunk of its buttock ripped off by the brachet, went wild and crashed into a knight by the name of Abellius. Angered and yet impressed by the brachet, took the animal and left, deciding to have it as his own. The remaining hounds then chased the hart out, leaving the hall now silenced.

Merlin, looking more excited, watched as a woman on a white horse came in, saying that the brachet the man had taken was hers and that she required that Arthur return it to her due to his guest being the one who stole it. Then, suddenly, and knight in a larger horse stormed in and took the lady from hers riding off into the night.

Needless to say, the King and his guest were certainly stunned by this rapid series of events.

Merlin, smiling broadly, announced three separate quests. Gawain, a knight as new as Tor, would go hunt the hart and bring it back, Pellinore would save the lady from the mysterious knight, and Tor would retrieve the stolen Brachet.

Artoria, deciding it was better not to question him at the moment, agreed with his assessment, and sent the three knights on their way.

Nothing
    Tor, accepting his role, began the search for the knight. A search that would take him through a forest where, out of nowhere, he would be thrown from his horse by a staff to the face. Tor, recovering quickly, found a dwarf holding the staff. He drew his sword, but the dwarf told him that he was not the one he would be fighting. He directed Tor’s attention to a pair of pavilions nearby, saying he would have to joust them if he wanted to pass.

Tor sliced through the staff as he walked past, setting his sights on retrieving his horse. A horn sounded from the dwarf, and a knight came out from a pavilion, taking his shield and spear and horse, and charged Tor as he approached his own horse.

Tor, not having time for this, avoided the spear and severed one of the horse’s front legs, causing it to topple over on its rider. The second knight exited his pavilion and charged him as well. Tor took out one of his darts and hurled it into the knight’s helmet. Piercing through the metal, it rocked him off his mount and left him writhing on the ground.

Tor was on his horse before the knight hit the ground, turning it to begin heading down the path. The dwarf, however, stopped him once more, asking him why he acted as he did. Tor, however, couldn’t tell him, but the dwarf seemed to understand that.

The dwarf looked into his eyes, saw the complete “lack” within them, and understood the reason all too clearly. Even as the man looked directly at him, he wasn’t seeing anything. The man was empty, so he saw everything else as empty as well. Whatever reason he was here presently was likely just as empty as well.

Tor left, but the dwarf followed after him, curious to see where this empty man would go. Tor eventually found his way to another pavilion, this one white. He looked inside to find a woman and her maidens asleep with the brachet. Tor considered sneaking in, but eventually decided to use the dwarf following him to his advantage.

Writing out what he needed him to say, the dwarf followed along and awoke the women, telling them Tor of the court of Camelot had come to retrieve the brachet. The women, suitably startled, barely had time to take in the information before Tor came in and grabbed the brachet, leaving just as quickly.

And so, the quest was over almost as fast as it began. That is how it seemed until the time they stopped to tend to their horses. Little after they did, a knight called out to them. It was Abellius, having been told by his lover that the brachet was stolen. Abellius challenged him for the brachet, and he was off his horse before he finished the challenge. Tor moved off his own, approaching the man with his sword drawn. Abellius, angered by the knight’s dishonorable action, drew his own sword and engaged him.

Abellius was not “someone”.

With Abellius kneeling on the ground and Tor’s blade directed at his neck, the dwarf told him that Tor would show him mercy if he surrendered. Abellius refused, beginning to speak before being cut off just like his head.

Tor wiped the blood from his blade and replaced it in his sheath, turning to look at the dwarf. Not once had the empty man’s eyes wavered, and the dwarf wondered what could possibly drive such a person. A being like that was more suited to be a monster than a man.

The dwarf was satisfied with that thought. This was no man, but a monster wearing human flesh. What drove him was as unknowable as what drove a dragon to horde or pegasus to fly. It simply acted.

Tor and the dwarf parted, and Tor brought the brachet back to his king. When he returned, he found the other knights had returned as well from their quests. The lady revealed herself to be Vivien, the Lady of the Lake, who had devised these quests as tests for Arthur’s new knights and Pellinore to determine who would be the one to wield Excalibur’s sister sword Galatine.

She gave Pellinore reproach for abandoning the woman and man he met on his journey who would be eaten by lions, revealing they were his own daughter and her lover. Due to this, he would be cursed to be without even his closest friend in his time of need. She then moved to Tor, telling him that, while he had acted quickly and decisively, he had tossed aside several chivalric codes in doing so. Still, he’d shown mercy to those who didn’t ask, and killed one who refused mercy when offered, so he was forgiven. Then came Gawain, who had let his anger overwhelm him and killed an innocent by beheading her. This is a shame he would carry the rest of his days, and he would fight for and guard the four women that had asked mercy for him.

The court, upon hearing this, made the assumption that Galatine would be given to Tor, but Vivien went on to state that Tor was completely incompatible with the sword. A sword related to Excalibur could not be wielded by one without passion, and there was nothing within Tor that would allow him to utilize it. So, she bestowed the weapon upon Gawain, saying he would be one of Arthur’s greatest knights.

Still, Vivien was not done. She then approached Tor and gave him a hilt lacking a blade. Tor took the hilt, and she told him it was a weapon only he could wield but one he would never be able to unleash the full power of as he was.

With that, Vivien left, and the court rejoiced at Gawain’s new weapon and the completion of all the knights’ quests, but they all eyed them differently as well. Pellinore, beside himself, left the court, but Tor simply gazed at the hilt, the majority of those present believing him in shock at the useless piece of metal.

They were wrong. This hilt was “something”.

"Something"?
    So, Tor did as he had before. He practiced with the weapon, treating it like a sword and attacking objects. In the beginning, nothing happened. However, eventually, he slashed, and a sword came out, cleaving the tree he’d been practicing on in half. He considered the hilt, the weapon losing the blade. There was still more to it.

He began challenging all the other knights of the court, testing his weapon and discovering it strange fluidity. He began using it to imitate his opponents, fighting them the same way they fought him. Most knights began to see this as him mocking them, imitating them so thoroughly before their very eyes. There were a few, however, who saw it for what it was. They were nothing to him. Nothing but a means to grow.

Mordred found this annoying moreso than the others, taking it as a personal challenge. Even after Tor had moved on from her, she continued challenging him, demanding he fight her with his own power rather than hers or someone else’s.

Tor, who had already come to the realization that almost all knights of Arthur’s court where “someone”, he decided he was correct, and this was where he was meant to be, but Mordred made him feel something else. By this point, he had proven he could defeat almost every knight in the court, the only ones he hadn’t being the greatest of the court. Yet Mordred, one of those he was getting closer to defeating, was never satisfied no matter how greatly they won.

What reason could they possibly have to be disappointed? Failure was disappointing. Repeated success was pleasing. Complete lack of failure was the most preferable outcome. So why were they so furious?

Then, mid-battle, Tor became curious about the full effects of the weapon’s ability. So, when Mordred moved to block a strike, his sword vanished as he swung, turning into a hammer behind their guard and slamming into their face, sending them to the ground.

Mordred sat up, declaring that was what they’d been waiting for.

Mordred continued as his sparring partner, each time berating Tor when he began imitating another, ordering him to “fight by himself”. The more he fought, the more “he” started to show in battle, something Mordred found exciting. Strangely, Tor became excited as well, and he soon unconsciously made the sword into one that he’d never seen before. When he did, he finally had the strange thought to name the weapon.

Lochlamh. Empty Lake.

Mordred started spending time with him outside of dueling, deciding it was her job to do all the speaking Tor was unable to. In Tor’s eyes, Mordred had become more than “something”. Mordred was… Mordred. It was an odd distinction for him, and one he didn’t even understand. He began to become excited to see Mordred and felt… more like a person around them. Again, he didn’t know where these thoughts were coming from, especially since he’d never had them before.

The world of nothing Tor lived in strangely started to become something, and it was thanks to one very loud… friend.

Then, that world began crumbling.

He was there at Guinevere’s execution, and, when Lancelot came to save her, Tor chased after them when they escaped. He attacked Lancelot, and managed to defeat him in battle, but only because he fought as himself with his weapon. Doing that, and finally beating the greatest knight, Tor saw no reason to kill him. His allegiance to the king had been superficial from the beginning, after all.

His allegiance to Mordred, however, was real.

When Mordred rebelled, Tor was one of the few of Arthur’s knights that sided with her. Not because he didn’t believe in or had issue with the king, but because he preferred Mordred. For him, that was the only reason he needed.

Unknowingly, Mordred had made him realize that he was never something, but the only one who was truly nothing, and, by doing so, had aided in him finally becoming something. So, he followed his king, and died for her as well as thanks.

In the end, he really was something.

Personality
    If Tor could be described in one word, it would be "hilt". A useless piece of metal that can't even be wielded to any effect. No matter how well crafted it is, it will always be something without any purpose. However, if someone thought to attach a blade to it, then this hilt suddenly becomes something that can hold any number of different sizes and shapes of blades. But, when one is attached, those possibilities are gone, and it becomes one solid thing.

Tor, someone as empty as his own weapon, was completely unaffected by anything. He simply acted because he was ordered to. As he was nothing, so was everything else, meaning nothing had any semblance of purpose. This changed when someone with an overwhelming personality (Mordred) began forcing him to consider things outside himself not from others perspectives or the perspective that "all is nothing", but from "his" perspective. She did this by giving him contradictory orders, forcing him to do things that literally made no sense to him, and by insisting he fight her without using anyone else's attacks. Whether she intended to or not, she actually began making him form his own personality.

Sadly, this was put on hold by the collapse of Camelot, leaving the Tor summoned as a Servant still in that developing phase. His still empty personality makes him a fit for almost any master due to acting almost completely like a machine, following orders and not even questioning anything he's told to do. However, if he were summoned by or made to interact with someone with just as forceful a personality as Mordred, it's possible he could finish his development, finally forging a blade for his hilt.

Relationships
    Artoria Pendragon (Saber): He gives her a small nod of recognition.

Knights of the Round Table: He was once considered for their ranks, but they decided his demeanor wasn't one they wanted to represent the knights of Arthur. Tor understands this sentiment.

Mordred: Tor! Meet me in the simulation room in five minutes! Tor seems uncharacteristically interested in something.

Lancelot: He has no reaction to him.

Vidar (Avenger): Vidar is initially interested in another Servant who cannot speak, but eventually realizes there's little point in "talking" to him.

Notes
    Anyone who's read my stuff knows I don't really do notes. However, for him, it felt appropriate.

This has to have been my hardest Servant to write even though he took less time than Shinji (who took three days of just writing) because I, for some reason, made it difficult for myself. I made him mute on a whim, I gave him Nothingness as an Origin on a whim (Fujino, anyone?), and made him a completely neutral character just because. If you were to ask me why, I couldn't even give you the slightest satisfying answer.

Despite that, I do like him in a lot of ways. What those ways are I can't really say, but I feel like they exist. Am I making any sense? Anyway, I have a feeling he'll go down as one of my least liked characters, but he'll always be in my heart.
    [Kara No Kyoukai OST - M04 Disk 1]
    Last edited by Morg van Destro; February 27th, 2023 at 06:43 AM.