Page 183 of 620 FirstFirst ... 83133173178181182183184185188193233283 ... LastLast
Results 3,641 to 3,660 of 12387

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NittyGritty View Post
    Unrelated but I have created a new faction: The Seven Class Application Purists

or, the 7 Class Appers for short

please join me in becoming a Class Apper

we App Seven Classes nightly
    Or join the Extra Class Expansionists, or XCX

Join the XCX, we accept Fakers, Lovers, Foreigners, Monsters and all canon Extra Classes

We throw hands with the Class Appers nightly and lose against Nitty in Yugioh daily.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    Or join the Extra Class Expansionists, or XCX

Join the XCX, we accept Fakers, Lovers, Foreigners, Monsters and all canon Extra Classes

We throw hands with the Class Appers nightly and lose against Nitty in Yugioh daily.
    I propose an alliance since you use our Class Skills anyways.

Blog Entries
    I accept the Alliance if you make a Servant Compilation Blog

University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Top-level creator's note
    Well... this is probably going to be one of my weirdest Servants yet.

Also, a little warning:
    This sheet is rated "E" for "Edgy"

A new Servant(?) has been summoned!
    You opened your eyes after a blinding flash of light following your summoning ritual, expecting to see a powerful hero of legend standing before you....Yet no one was there.

You looked around. Maybe you summoned an Assassin? or another Servant with the specific ability to conceal themselves?
    ...But there was not a soul to be found. There were no changes to the level of mana within your surroundings. Not a voice attempting to make themselves known. Not a single sign of the Servant's existence aside from the Command Spells on the back of your hand. Was there an error in the summoning ritual? Could the Grail have made a mistake?

That's when you noticed it.
    At the center of the summoning circle laid a single, unassuming dagger. Despite its beautiful craftsmanship, it seemed to be an ordinary dagger, all things considered.

...Then it called out to you. It was a weird sensation, as if half of every cell in your body fell to an irresistible urge to touch it, while the other half screams for you to stay away from it at all costs.

Curious, you ignored your own doubts and reached out to it.
    And then...

Watcher of Whitechapel
    -- The Dark Truth(?) Behind the Faceless Ripper --

Shadow 1

Source

"So this is the poor bloke who summoned us... not much of a fighter, are you, boy? Alas, we can change that. Together, let us make London- no, the world- a better place!"

Shadow 2

Source

"Ah, naive as ever, aren't you, Freddy? Speaking of 'justice', 'the greater good', and the like... whose justice are we referring to here? Yours? I myself believe such endeavors to be pointless. Separating the 'good' and 'evil' in people, expecting some semblance of order and control in this chaotic world... Why, if my story's any indication, not even a miracle concoction could separate the two!"

Shadow 3

Source

"Now, now, lay off the poor lad, won't you? Ahem, allow me to apologize on their behalf. You and your petty quarrels... Just what will you do without the guiding hand of nobility such as mine?"

Shadow 4

Source

"Ufufu, what's with the puzzled look, Master? Have you gone mad? Bonkers? Well, I'm afraid you have, but allow me to tell you a little secret of my own: all the best people are! Come now, abandon your struggles and follow me into the rabbit hole! Let us slay that dastardly Queen of Hearts, once and for all!"

Class: Watcher
    Other Classes: Assassin, Berserker, Caster, Avenger, ForeignerAssassin, Faker, Rider, Berserker
    True Name: J̷̜̊́a̸̗͖̕͝c̵̢̣̭̄̅͜ḵ̵̓̾͋ ̸̖̪̺̅t̶͎͆̂͜h̶̨̅͑e̴̗̬̎͛͑ ̶̬͖̽̀̍̆Ŗ̴̒̂̂̏ĭ̵͈͉̿͆̑p̷͍̖̯̟̓̊͐p̶̢̞̲͗ẻ̷̢͉̚ͅr̸͎̤̰̊ ̘Y̷̥̳̎̈́ ̶͉̊͐͐̎O̴̰̫͎̹͔̓̌̽̍ ̷̝̗̉̅Ū̵̟̩̤̻̆͘
    Alignment:
    - (depends on Master)Lawful Evil, Chaotic Evil, Neutral Evil, Chaotic Mad
    Origin: Britain (19th century), p̶̛̱̱̽r̸͎̳̠̔̓͒ẻ̴͙̟̳͐ş̴͕̔͊̀e̵̞͌͊͝n̷̔͐̿͜ṱ̴͍͛̔͊ ̱ ̸̙͙͐̒̚d̴̠̀̚͜á̷̗͓͝͝y̸̦̞̲͑́(̶̺̍?̷̪̼̈́̍ͅ)̵̮̥͌͊

Parameters:

STR: -
    END: -
    AGI: -
    MGI: -
    LCK: -
    NP: EX

Likes: - (depends on Master)London, seeing the worst of humanity, having fun, tea parties
    Dislikes: - (depends on Master)Criminals, the notion of absolute good and absolute evil, doormats, the Queen of Hearts
    Talent: - (depends on Master)Investigative work, acting, politics, daydreaming
    Natural Enemy: Sherlock Holmes
    Armament: -
    Catalyst: The usual Jack catalysts, an abundance of negative rumors within the vicinity of the summoning area, character compatibility

The fog descends over the murky nights of London...
    Class Skills
    Territory Infringement (B)

The ability to slip past all manner of security, be it mundane or supernatural in nature. Bypassing wards, barriers, alarms and more, an ideal Skill for infiltrator-type Servants. The featured Skill of the Watcher-Class Servant. As the legendary serial killer without a confirmed name, Watcher grants their Master the ability to slip past various manners of security with ease, barring high-ranking thaumaturgy and certain divine authorities.

"After all, if Jack the Ripper is truly unknown... who's to say we aren't already in there?"

Magic Resistance (D+)

Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. Cancels Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance of the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy. Being a relatively recent Heroic Spirit, Watcher hardly came across many instances of magecraft and the supernatural throughout their lives. However, this Skill seems to receive a positive modifier due to the insistence of the fourth shadow's knowledge of Wonderland, a world where logic is suspended and absurdities are abundant.

"I'm not crazy. My reality is simply different from yours. Therefore, why should I fear your definition of magecraft? How can you be sure that you're not the mad one here?"

Watcher (B)

A special contract status with the Master. Rather than possessing a Spiritron body like most conventional Servants, Watcher consists of four intangible shadows only visible to the Master (or anyone else who holds the dagger). These shadows consist of four Ripper suspects; Chief Inspector Frederick Abberline, Richard Mansfield, Prince Albert Victor, and Lewis Carroll. Incidentally, their characters had been significantly altered upon being summoned as "Jack the Ripper"; here, their negative qualities are amplified, and they embody the idea of "what this person would be like as Jack the Ripper", rather than their true characters. In that sense, this abnormal summoning also grants them something akin to Innocent Monster.

"Such is the peculiar nature of our contract. Then again, we are merely the supporting cast in this twisted play! The star of the show is none other than you!"

Universal Bird's Eye (B+)

The capacity to understand everything within a limited territory in which they are summoned, limited to sight, hearing, and magical energy detection at Rank B. This information is shared between the shadows, allowing them to notify the Master of these observations. While they can use this knowledge to predict certain actions, form ideas as to how individuals will act, and deduce patterns from basic personality traits, they know nothing of what they have not directly observed, and they cannot read minds. Its rank and effectiveness is slightly increased thanks to Prince Albert's royal authority.

"As part of the nobility, it is only natural for a prince to know whatever is going on within the kingdom, don't you think so? It is a necessary skill of the ruling class to lead, and while I regret my inability to intervene directly, as of now, I'm content to lend that authority to you."
    Personal Skills
    Delusion Trigger (E~A)

A
    Skill
    curse
    granted to those who possess abnormally warped views of the world around them, allowing their delusions to bleed into reality and affect their surroundings, potentially inciting cases similar to mass hysteria. In most cases, those who possess this Skill are completely unaware of it, due to how strongly their delusions are intertwined with their identities and how they view the world around them. This means that they have little control over this power, and may become a danger to both themselves and others.

An ability granted to Watcher's "wielder", representing the terror Jack brought upon the foggy streets of Whitechapel, and London as a whole. Allows them to propagate a "shared delusion" of fear, paranoia, and psychological horror. This effect initially starts out small, introducing vague feelings of unease and discomfort to those within their immediate vicinity. Yet as the wielder succumbs to their darker impulses, this Skill's range and effectiveness increases overtime. These minor sense of unease may evolve to occasional feelings of being watched or followed, or hearing sounds such as footsteps or heavy breathing. Left untreated, these visual and auditory hallucinations would worsen, to the point where affected minds may come up with highly realistic accounts of the one responsible for their horrifying experiences. An "imaginary Ripper" constantly stalking them from the shadows, just waiting to end their lives in the most gruesomely unimaginable ways possible.

While these delusions do not impede physical and cognitive performance, it gradually blurs boundaries between dreams and reality. Motivated by their increasing fear and paranoia, affected targets also become prone to acting rashly, such as immediately distrusting others, lashing out with violence, or accusingly point fingers at each other. While simply leaving its range would nullify these effects, ultimately, this Skill's limitations are not determined by Watcher themselves, but by those who wield them.

"Fear is a powerful weapon, Master. More often than not, the real bogeymen pales in comparison to the unspeakable horrors that the human mind can conjure. You can see this in the Crusades, the Inquisition, the Witch Trials, the World Wars... anytime and anywhere, really. Perhaps the same can be said for Jack the Ripper; a demon, a cursed dagger, a doomsday cult... ah, we almost feel bad for falling below their expectations. Alas, now the name 'Jack' falls before you. How will you wield the fear that it entails? We shall observe with great interest."

Information Erasure (B+)

The removal of information regarding the Servant's True Name, abilities, and appearance from the records and memories of all eye witnesses, including the opponent, following the conclusion of an engagement. A Skill contributed by Frederick Abberline, as the Chief Inspector responsible for investigating the Ripper murders. This effect is enforced even if the battle took place in broad daylight or was recorded by devices such as digital recordings of a closed-circuit camera. Due to the inspector's expertise in police work and forensic science, it is also possible to forge evidence and fabricate testimonies, redirecting one from suspicion, or even reframing them as the "hero" of the story.

"Flip your thinking around. A criminal and a detective, a murderer and a police inspector... they must not be polar opposites, but two sides of the same coin. To solve a crime, a detective ought to think like a criminal, while to commit one, a criminal ought to think like a detective. If you think about it that way, you'll notice the holes, the little imperfections... the filth hidden underneath the beautiful surface. Afterwards... it's just a matter of plucking out those unsightliness, one by one."

Showmanship (B)

A Skill denoting mastery in performing arts, contributed by Richard Mansfield. A talented actor who played the part of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, he fell from grace when his audiences came to the conclusion that no actor could make so convincing a stage transformation from a gentleman into a mad killer without being genuinely homicidal. Based on this anecdote, Watcher grants its wielder the ability to manipulate their own emotions in such a convincing manners that only the most perceptive individuals may distinguish between their "true self" and whatever role they assume.

"You see, the truth is, we all wear masks. It makes us feel safe. As if the world is a kind and benevolent place where there is a clear definition of good to pursue and evil to destroy. It allows us to turn a blind eye to the unpredictable chaos that lurks beneath their preconceived notions of justice and order... hypocrites, all of them. They forced the mask of a monster upon me. So be it. As a performer, Who am I to go against their demands? Now then, let us take center stage in this depraved charade once again!"

We're All Mad Here (C-)

A Skill contributed by Lewis Carroll. It is the perfect replication of Wonderland as a realm that inherently rejects logic and rationality, while embracing madness. A land of talking animals, mythical beasts, tyrannical queens, and tea parties... or so it may seem. Under this particular Class, this Skill is a representation of the author's (alleged) sanity slippage during his later years. A Skill that temporarily overwrites Delusion Trigger whenever it is activated. An aura of "nonsense" perpetually enshrouds Watcher's "wielder" so long as it remains active, warping the concepts of all written or spoken communication. The longer one spends in their company, the more they become "infected" by this unique variant of madness, that is; a deliberate rejection of the norms imposed by language and logic. Those affected will begin to speak in a bizarre poetic "nonsense-language", impeding any efforts at communication. Overtime, even their thoughts are "translated" into the nonsense-language, turning them into alien beings isolated from the rest of humanity.

This effect normally takes up to several days to progress and can be blocked out by mental protection Skills or Noble Phantasms. Those affected will gradually return to normal once they leave this Skill's range, unless they've already reached the final stage. However, it works faster if the target attempts to directly attack Watcher's wielder with language, like through spells that rely an active incantation. In that case the spells will be "
    scrambled
    translated
    " into a nonsensical language, preventing the relevant mystery from actualizing or forcing it to do so in an unpredictable way that may backfire randomly on the caster.

Incidentally, as this Skill represents Carroll's sanity slippage as opposed to the "true" absurdity of Wonderland, its own user may also gradually fall victim to this madness if the Skill is used for long periods of time.

"Ah, but I just can't help it! We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad. Is any one of us ever truly 'sane' to begin with?"
    Noble Phantasm(s)

The Shadow Standing Between Truth and Falsehoods
    Nameless Dagger

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: -
    Max Targets: 1

The closest thing Watcher has to a "main body". The cursed dagger that supposedly changed ownership a number of timed throughout the Autumn of Terror, manipulating its wielders to commit the Ripper's murderous atrocities. It is not something that truly existed in history. Rather, this dagger is a crystallization of all the mystery, fear, and suspense surrounding the Ripper killings, brought forth into reality through a phenomenon similar to one that plagued Romania in the past, combined with the Servant summoning system.

This Noble Phantasm is the basis of Watcher's very existence. It tampers with the summoning system and inverts the nature of the Master-Servant contract to fit the theory that the Ripper murders were committed by various people, all of them manipulated by a cursed object (in this case a dagger). A very unconventional case, upon summoning, rather than the Master contracting Watcher to be their Servant, Watcher instead contracts the Master (or anyone else who came into contact with them) to be their "wielder". This status allows Watcher to transfer Command Spells between different "wielders" every time a new contract is established.

It is relatively durable as a weapon, although it has little offensive potential on its own and sufficiently powerful attacks may destroy and "kill" it. Passively, it is also a self-sustaining Noble Phantasm that feeds itself and strengthens its wielder through the public's fear and rumors surrounding the Ripper. In order to propagate these rumors, the dagger registers its wielder as "something that stands in the border between existence and nonexistence". An extension of Information Erasure, those who receive damage through this Noble Phantasm will have their memories pertaining to the incident scrambled. Gradually, they would doubt their own accounts. From then on, two possibilities may happen: either they would forget the incident entirely, or they would attempt to fill in gaps in their memory using imagination and misleading evidence, more often than not creating a widely different, more monstrous image of "Jack the Ripper" in their minds. Either of these two possibilities would create conflicting testimonies with fellow survivors and witnesses who saw "Jack" in a completely different form. These contradictions and conflicts would further fuel public fear and intrigue towards the mysterious killer, strengthening them in the process. This strengthening effect is lost, along with all of the wielder's memories of "using" Watcher, should a different contract be established.

Incidentally, there's one unanswered contradiction left regarding this Noble Phantasm's nature, isn't there? There are two different theories to consider: the first is the fact that the cursed dagger that turns people into homicidal maniacs does not exist. The second is the possibility of the Ripper murders being committed by different people. Assuming both premises are true, one may reach a disturbing conclusion behind the grisly murders that plagued Whitechapel...

The Faceless Nightmare Stalking Whitechapel

Autumn of Terror

Type: Anti-Mind (self)

Watcher's true form. Whenever "Jack the Ripper" is summoned as a Servant, their form differs depending on which class they were summoned under. As a Watcher, their existence is based on one unconventionally dark theory: that there is no Jack the Ripper. In that sense, there is no single monster, bogeyman, or homicidal madman responsible for all of the murders. Rather, these grisly murders were committed by different people for different reasons, and any perceived similarities in their methods were either fabricated or purely coincidental. Yet perhaps ironically, the lack of a single Ripper gives birth to an even more horrifying notion: that under the right circumstances, anyone and everyone can become Jack the Ripper.

That is the basis and purpose of this Noble Phantasm; a faceless nightmare that gradually molds its wielder to become "the next Jack the Ripper". It activates automatically whenever a contract is established, marked by a thick fog enough to envelop an entire borough within a city. From then on, Watcher alters its wielder's luck and repeatedly puts them in various situations to assess their character, motives, ideals, and convictions. Overtime, these situations become increasingly pressuring, stressful, or disadvantageous to them, testing their limits. Throughout this process, Watcher's shadows acted as "guides" to the wielder, and which shadow would appear most depends on which is deemed closest or most relatable to the wielder's own character, or determined at random should its wielder fail to fit any specific shadow. As these "trials" continue and further urged by their guide(s), the wielder would gradually warp, alter, or make compromises to their own values to fit the mold of "Jack the Ripper"; a deranged, unrepentant killer.

These "trials" would most likely never end until the wielder fully embraces the identity of "Jack the Ripper". However, if one is able to overcome these continuous challenges without losing themselves, they would most likely grow significantly as an individual.

Description
    First Shadow
    The identity of the first shadow is Frederick Abberline, a Chief Inspector of the Scotland Yard who led the investigation to the Ripper murders. At first glance, he appears to be an honest, dutiful public servant, determined to do anything for the betterment of London. An idealistic and warmhearted- if not a bit grumpy- father figure, he considers London as his beloved hometown, where he spent most of his life in. He strictly believes that London should always strife to become a shining example of beauty, civilization, culture, and everything else, the "ideal city". He hates criminals and injustice with a passion, believing them to be an unsightly blight upon his beloved city and all the good, honest people who live in it. Yet there in lies his greatest flaw: his complete refusal to allow even the slightest bit of evil to exist. Everyone within London must always be good, honest, and upstanding citizens. Therefore, anyone who does not fit this mold is not a citizen of London; they're monsters plaguing the city like cancerous growths, gradually spreading and slowly killing the city and all of its upstanding citizens. Finally, as the Chief Inspector of the London police force, the duty falls on him to excise these "imperfections" bit by bit, until not a single speck of unsightly dust could taint the beauty of London. This belief seems to be somewhat strengthened upon him being summoned to Chaldea and learning that he was somehow summoned to protect the Human Order. Now he knows that protecting London alone is not enough; the world needs him, and as the perfect hero they needed and deserved, Abberline is fully willing to stain his hands with blood once again.

Second Shadow
    The identity of the second shadow is Richard Mansfield, a talented actor famed for his role as Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, unjustly accused of being the Ripper. At first glance, it is extremely difficult to ascertain his true personality as he constantly wears various "masks" to fit different situations, on top of his frequent use of theater metaphors. At his core, Mansfield is a man who had utterly lost faith in humanity as a whole. Unlike the other shadows who had their memories altered to fit the story of "Jack the Ripper", Mansfield fully retains knowledge that he did not commit those murders. Even so, the false, slanderous accusations that ruined his career had left him extremely vengeful and cynical towards humanity. Contrasting Dr. Jekyll's belief that humans can be divided into purely good and purely evil, Mansfield believes that humanity as a chaotic mix of both (with the negatives far outweighing the positives). Underneath the people's notions of dignity, understanding, and rationality lies mindless beasts who would willingly ruin a man's entire life over baseless evidence, kneejerk reactions, mob mentality, and self-righteous notions of "justice". Thus as a Servant (or as Watcher's shadow, to be exact), Mansfield willingly embraced the name "Jack the Ripper" out of spite, claiming that it's only natural for him to play the part of a deranged monster after the people forced him into that role. Now, he lives only to see the worst of humanity, gleefully laughing at their contradictions and hypocrisies.

Third Shadow
    The identity of the third shadow is Prince Albert Victor, Duke of Clarence and Avondale. Albert initially presents himself as a voice of reason compared to the other shadows. A charming, charismatic gentleman and a "cool big brother" figure with a laid-back attitude content to enjoy the finest things in life. Unlike the other shadows who constantly tries to enforce their twisted worldviews upon their wielder, Albert largely allows the wielder to make their own decisions, only chiming in occasionally to offer some smug or snarky commentary. He lords over his noble status and all the power and authority it entails, but it's unclear how serious he is with these boasts. Underneath his initial persona, however, Albert is an erratic mix of a complete pleasure-oriented hedonist, and a paranoid control freak. His talks about "noblesse oblige" is largely a means to an end; doing "fun" things just because he can. He frequently asks the wielder if they would "have fun" with their decision, and if they would, he's entirely content to let them- and the world by extension- to crash and burn so long as they would have fun doing it. He hates doormats above all else, those who deny themselves a chance to live only for the sake of constantly pleasing others. If wielded by such individuals, his usual laid-back attitude would transform to a more assertive and domineering one (occasionally to the point of forceful paranoia) in order to "whip them into shape".

Fourth Shadow
    The identity of the fourth shadow is Lewis Carroll, an author famous for writing Alice in Wonderland and its sequel, Through the Looking Glass. To be exact, for some reason, he had taken the form of Alice Liddell, or the version of her from his story (as opposed to the historical Alice Pleasance Liddell). Among the four shadows, it's clear that Carroll (or Alice, as she prefers to be addressed) has the least grip on the reality of her surroundings. She frequently speaks in rhymes and poetry, while addressing other people as characters from her tale. To her, there is no such thing as complexity in life. The Hatter, the March Hare, the Cheshire Cat, and her other friends are "good", while the Queen of Hearts and her card soldiers are "bad". This is why she encourages the wielder to play the part of a main character fighting for (her own definition of) good while fighting the dastardly Queen (anyone who doesn't fit said definition). Occasionally, there may be certain rare occurrences that reveal hints of the "true" Lewis Carroll's personality; a fearful, paranoid wreck appalled by the horrors of his own actions. Even so, he would immediately retreat back into his delusions afterwards, either justifying how they deserve it ("Those card soldiers were working for the Queen of Hearts") or simply denying it altogether ("None of this is real anyway, so why should it matter?"). Yet the more she entertains these delusions of "Wonderland", the more she would undergo a sanity slippage over time, speaking in cryptic riddles and nonsensical language.

Jack the Ripper
    Ultimately, it's hard to determine if Watcher (the dagger) itself has any "true" personality, being an inanimate object and all. Most of the time, it molds itself to fit its wielder, while at the same time molding its wielder to fit its image of "Jack the Ripper". That said, a single defining "character trait" can be ascertained by comparing parallels and similarities between the four shadows; Watcher, in some way, revels in the act of corrupting the most virtuous of souls and once again proving how under the right circumstances, "anyone and everyone can become Jack the Ripper". The shadows may phrase things differently ("Doing what's necessary to make the world a better place", "Taking off the mask and embracing the true, depraved monster that you are", "Having fun and finally exerting control over your own life", "Slaying that dastardly Queen and her Jabberwocky once and for all"), but the point is the same; madness, evil, and depravity exists in everyone, and it only takes one very bad day to push someone over the edge, beyond the point of no return.

Lore
    A horrifying series of murders plagued London's Whitechapel district from August to November 1888, all committed by an unidentified assailant known as "Jack the Ripper". Since that time, the identity of the killer or killers has been widely debated, and over 100 Jack the Ripper suspects have been named. Though many theories have been advanced, experts find none widely persuasive, and some are hardly taken seriously at all. Nonetheless, that never stopped the confused, terrified, and paranoid citizens of London from pointing fingers and wild accusations, desperate for the terror to stop. These are the stories of four such Ripper suspects...

First Shadow
    Frederick Abberline (1843-1929) was a British Chief Inspector of the Scotland Yard who led the initial investigation to the Ripper murders. He was described as an honest, hardworking police officer with a strong sense of justice and fierce determination to reduce crime in London. His expertise in investigative police work allowed him to deduce the killer's identity as George Chapman, a Polish serial killer who happened to be in the area, had no alibi at the time of the murders, was (allegedly) witnessed interacting with one of the victims, and fitted the Ripper's modus operandi. Chapman was never officially charged for the Ripper murders, and he was later executed for an unrelated offense. Even so, Abberline's theory remains as one of the most well-accepted ones even decades into the future, and the public admired his determination to solve the murders.

... Yet is that the truth? Who's to say the reason he worked so hard to accuse Chapman was to divert suspicion from himself? Abberline was very familiar with the geographical layout of Whitechapel, having been stationed there for years. According to rumors, he expressed disdain at how the brothels and slums in Whitechapel were often used for various clandestine operations that occasionally harmed the good citizens of London, either through theft, scams, thuggery, or even outright murder. Furthermore, despite all the fame, awards, and promotions he received following the Ripper case, he suddenly retired just one year after the murders to enjoy a peaceful life in the countryside, fading into obscurity under vague reasons. Besides, who would ever think of suspecting the good old Chief Inspector, of all people? Therefore, perhaps he committed the murders as a warning to these criminals, as well as anyone who dared to hurt London's upstanding citizens. All blood in his hands were fully justified for the sake of London's peace and order.

Second Shadow
    Richard Mansfield was a British actor best known for his (final) performance as Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Mansfield was a respected actor and stage director who frequently performed in various plays and operas in London. During the Ripper murders, Mansfield was performing in the London production of the Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde in 1888 during the time of the Ripper murders. That fateful night, he played his part well; Dr. Jekyll's moral conundrum and Mr. Hyde's savage brutality, he captured both characters well and changed between them at the drop of a hat. Yet during the curtain call, instead of the loud cheers and applause he expected, he was faced with hateful, accusatory glances from the audience. The public believed that no actor could manage to play both the charming doctor and the deranged madman so well without secretly being homicidal himself. He was detained and interrogated by the Scotland Yard, and while they eventually released him, lacking any conclusive evidence to pin him to the murders, his reputation was forever tarnished. He tried to perform comedies and donated his income to charities to gain public favor, yet he soon found himself fleeing to France and then the United States for a fresh start. He tried to restart his career a number of times throughout his life, but he eventually died of meningitis in relative obscurity.

Third Shadow
    Prince Albert Victor was a Duke of Clarence and Avondale, as well as grandson of Queen Victoria. From birth, he was second in the line of succession to the British throne, but did not become king as he died before his father and grandmother. In his youth, he traveled the world extensively as a naval cadet, and as an adult he joined the British Army, but did not undertake any active military duties. After two unsuccessful courtships, he became engaged to be married to Princess Mary of Teck in late 1891. A few weeks later, he died during an influenza pandemic. Mary later married his younger brother, who became King George V in 1910.

Albert's intellect, sexuality, and mental health had been a frequent subject of debate, speculation, and controversies. Among these scandals were his alleged secret identity as the infamous serial killer, Jack the Ripper. According to certain conspiracies, he secretly frequented the brothels in Whitechapel during his spare time and may have sired an illegitimate child with a prostitute there. Yet Albert could not quite remember the woman he may have impregnated. And so, fearing potential scandals that may potentially ruin his status and hedonistic lifestyle, he killed the victims- as well as anyone who tried to stop him- as part of a coverup. Of course, this theory has been largely dismissed as baseless nonsense. For one, Albert was not even in London at the time of the Ripper murders. Even so, that never stopped the accusations. Perhaps he had a body double, or he could've asked one of his associates to carry out the murders in his stead, or perhaps his "trip" at the time was entirely fabricated to protect both himself and the British royal family. Whatever the case, the name "Jack the Ripper" continued to be attached to him more than a century after his death.

Fourth Shadow
    Charles Dodgson (better known by his pen name, Lewis Carroll) (1832-1898) was an English writer of children's fiction, notably Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and its sequel Through the Looking-Glass. He was noted for his facility with word play, logic, and fantasy. The poems "Jabberwocky" and The Hunting of the Snark are classified in the genre of literary nonsense. He was also a mathematician, photographer, inventor, and Anglican deacon.

...Yet according to certain Ripperologists, there's more to the whimsical author than we initially thought. According to certain (dubious) accounts on the author's early life, he had been assaulted as a young boy, which left him mentally scarred. According this theory, he largely suppressed this trauma throughout his life. That is, until a psychotic break he suffered in early 1888. From then on, it was said that he increasingly adopted various mannerisms from the cast of Alice in Wonderland, as if retreating into his own personal "Wonderland". He addressed others as characters from his tale, and he allegedly assaulted a man on the street for accidentally pushing him. Of course, assuming these allegations regarding his mental state are to be believed (which they are almost certainly false), there is still little else connecting him to the Ripper murders. At most, it was said that on the days of the murders, he wrote his journal in black ink as opposed to the usual purple he used to write every other day. While these accusations did give birth to a minor scandal at the time, Dodgson retreated outside the public eye and the rumors soon died down. Now, these "theories" are no longer taken seriously by Ripperologists, historians, and criminologists alike.

Ultimately, the concept of "anyone and everyone can become Jack the Ripper" can be interpreted in two ways. From the perspective of the suspects, "anyone put under the right circumstances and granted access to the right opportunities is capable of donning the Ripper's name". Meanwhile, from the perspective of the general public, the statement means "anyone can be forced to bear the Ripper's name, no matter how absurd it sounds or how circumstantial the evidence". In a society ruled by fear and paranoia, the truth no longer matters. So long as an individual has the slightest perceived connection to the Ripper murders (which may not even be true to begin with) , society would freely point fingers, desperate to put a name to the bogeyman and potentially trampling over each other's lives in the process.

The nightmarish Ripper and the society madly hunting for said Ripper out of fear and anger, all without caring how many lives must suffer throughout the ensuing witch hunt...
    Perhaps it can be said that both are monsters, in their own ways...

Relationships
    Robert Hubert, the Halifax Slasher:
    "So they got you too... How sad. These so-called 'upstanding' and 'honorable' members of society easily condemned their siblings, children, parents, and friends to die a gruesome death in their search for a monster that may have never existed in the first place! Back then, I'd curse their names and pray for a chance to wring out their necks myself, but right now, I can't even bother... I'm tired of these lies, but at this point, what else can I do? Where does the lie end and the truth begin? Ah, I can't even begin to imagine that..."

Jeanne D'Arc, Urbain Grandier:
    "Aren't you tired? Maintaining that innocence, fighting for the sake of those who never believed in you from the beginning... Have you ever thought of throwing it all away and embracing the monster they forced upon you? No? I see... how
    enviable
    pathetic
    "

Johann Adam Weishaupt:
    "Indeed, as keepers of public order, it is simply our duty to create a better world, all for the sake of the good, honest people living in it. The blood I have on my hands are nothing. I'll stain my hands as many times as it takes so that no one else would have to. That is simply what any good civil servant ought to do."

Sir Thomas Malory:
    "Me, a hero? I'm honored, but I don't think that's quite right. Hmm, in terms that you might understand, perhaps Arthur never strived to live his life as a hero. He simply did what he thought was necessary to protect Camelot, for better or worse. Do you understand that now? Yes, the same can be said for me and London. Nothing more, nothing less."

Samyaza:
    "Ahaha, praise be to our Holy Father in Heaven for the gift He had bestowed upon us! That said, do you know what's better than merely having freedom? It's having the power and authority to exert said freedom! To enjoy the finest things life has to offer, and to remove any potential setback to that lifestyle simply because you can! Tell me, is there such a life better than this one!?"

Queen Medb, Liu Pengli:
    "I have a feeling we'd enjoy each other's company. 'noblesse oblige' is nice and all, but what good is giving if you can't take? Being a leader does not mean one should forsake the joys of freedom! After all, despite having all the power and authority in the world, freedom is the one thing we're born with. Without it... what else is there to live for?"

Nursery Rhyme:
    "I am you, and you are me... no, that's not quite right, is it? You are... no, you're not 'her' either. Just who are you..? Well, no matter! Come, join me, we'll have lots and lots of fun in our Wonderland!"

John Tenniel:
    "You must be the dreamer who brought Wonderland to life! Since I'm Alice, I'll call you Mr. Hatter instead! Um, anyway, I'd like to thank you for everything you did! It's truly an honor to meet you here, and- ah, perhaps you could join me for a tea party! We'll chat the afternoon away and reminisce about our adventures together! That said... why do you look so sad, Mr. Hatter? Did Alice do anything wrong?"

Bond CE
    A Glimpse Behind the Ripper's Mask

Source

For so long, society has been and always will be obsessed with finding a name for their nightmares. "Jack the Ripper", "the Halifax Slasher", "the Axeman of New Orleans", "the Mad Gasser of Mattoon", and so on. After a name is established, a form follows; a man with a large, imposing physique, brandishing a butcher knife, for instance. After that, the rumors would start. By granting these attributes, it gives them a sense of security, control, and power over these nightmares. Knowing that despite there being a homicidal monster on the loose, they could always act rationally and band together against this common threat.

But they're mistaken.

What is it that makes Jack the Ripper so different, so special compared to any other murderer?

Is it the weapons they used to kill? Be it a sword, a dagger, a razor, or a knife, they're all the same. With enough force, even a kitchen knife can cut as well as an iron sword. Meanwhile, with enough precision, even a butcher knife can dissect as well as a medical scalpel.

Is it their motives? Well, who can say? Perhaps it was part of a national conspiracy, a ghost story, an existential horror, the unexplainable actions of a single madman, or anything in between.

Is it their modus operandi? How they seemingly butchered their victims without a single care in the world? That's hardly exclusive to the Ripper. Fear, rage, and madness are powerful motivators, and even the most peaceful individuals could break, sooner or later.

Therefore, to answer that question, there is nothing special about Jack the Ripper.
    There is no single name or feature we can truly attribute to Jack. Not the amalgamation of aborted fetuses, the grieving mother, the lost detective, the mad occultist, nor the emissary of the creature from beyond the stars.

Rather, instead of a single individual, Jack the Ripper is an idea.
    Jack is you, and me, and everyone else. Paradoxically, they are "everyone" and "no one" simultaneously.
    After all, if "everyone can be a hero", who's to say the opposite isn't true?
    Who's to say that no one could willingly transform into an inhumane monster under the right circumstances?

Sometimes, all they need is just a little push.
    Maybe a minor accident, a mild inconvenience, or an encounter with the right people...

Just one bad day...

Creator's Notes/Fun Facts
    Whew, here it is; the very late, completely uninvited entry I made for the Jack-Off. On another note, help, I think I'm bleeding out after writing the edge that is the bond CE.

- They're... definitely one of my weirdest Servants so far. I initially thought of making a semi-joke sheet on that "Jack the Ripper is a cursed razor" theory. Then I thought how the cursed razor basically "taught" its wielders to become killers. And speaking of "teaching" you know who else lacks a clear form and "teaches" their Master in canon through various trials? Strange Fake's Watcher. And then the bits and pieces with TATARI came as extra seasoning on the top. I don't even read much on Melty Blood aside from what they have on the Wiki, and I just thought the whole thing with rumors and paranoia would fit pretty well with the Autumn of Terror. I may or may not have butchered a few things from there.

- Yes, yes, I know the theory mentioned a cursed razor instead of a cursed dagger. I can't find a cool faceclaim for a cursed razor though, so I hope you don't mind this little historical fibbing.

- Reminder to click everywhere, especially in the profiles section (True Name, alignment, likes/dislikes, etc) so you don't miss any secrets.

- There were some criticisms on my last Watcher (Laplace's Demon) that the shadows were just... there and didn't have enough role in the sheet. Hopefully I managed to remedy that here, with each shadow having a more distinct personality and contributing one or more Skills. Anyway, since there were actually more than 100 Ripper suspects irl, the thought of the dagger housing all of these suspects as phantoms (albeit still being led by the main 4 shadows here for... some reason I can't figure out) did cross my mind, but I decided against it, since I'm not sure what role these phantoms could play, and they might just be there to bloat the sheet further.

- Credits to Royd for We're All Mad Here from his Alice/Lewis Carroll sheet.

- Another big thanks to Delrey for helping me with the formatting. Haven't gotten everything quite right just yet, but I guess I'm getting there with the collapse tags.

- Do you remember that time the 4th Fuyuki HGW turned into a psychological thriller? That one happened in an alternate timeline where Ryuunosuke summoned these guys instead of Gilles.

- That said, while watching them wielded by "evil" characters like Kirei or Ryuunosuke would be fine and all, it'd be a more interesting process to see him corrupt more "pure-hearted" characters like Shirou, Sieg, or Ritsuka. Just how will they twist these heroic ideals to turn them into the next Jack? Besides, after seeing Morg turn Guda into the patient zero of a zombie outbreak a while ago, turning Guda into a serial killer doesn't seem so far-fetched anymore. That said, if zombie Guda can dual-wield this cursed dagger on one hand and a kaleidostick in the other, we can finally have the ultimate life form; an immortal zombie-serial-killer-magical-girl with nigh infinite mana. That's just the right amount of absurdity we need to defeat the alien god and save proper human history!

- I also decided to put Watcher and Universal Bird's Eye into the Class Skills to prevent bloating up the personal Skills section more. Besides, I just thought on how every Watcher here and in canon pretty much has these two Skills, or some variations of it. Might as well just put them there.

- Looking back, their skillset is all over the place, but I think it also embodies the nature of most Ripper accusations; messy, disorganized, and more often than not, stretching it to justify someone as the homicidal maniac in question.

Aaaand there it is. I think I'll be taking a short vacation to look for inspiration after writing... whatever this is.
    Last edited by BnEl15; May 21st, 2021 at 12:53 AM.

Blog Entries
    WIP

Blog Entries
    Damn BnEl15, you maniac. That is some crazy good stuff and you sold it perfectly. It all makes sense. I like the faceclaim from Moriarty The Patriot.
    I guess I will try my hands on my Watcher idea again, doubt it is that good like yours tho. Hope you find other inspirations to make more Watchers here.

And I guess you want everything from Class skills to fun facts inside the picture? Ill see what I can do

Edit: god dammit dude, your code is a mess at times KEKW when i figured this out i probably make a Formatting Template of your style for you
    Last edited by DelRey; May 20th, 2021 at 05:19 PM.

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Maker of Poor Decisions and Massive Sheets TheTruthWhale's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    @BnEl

Holy hell. Mary would vibe would these four hard. I really like the idea and the execution, especially how each shadow brings a unique skill to the mix.

@DelRey

I kinda agree that Gatekeeper doesn't make a whole lot of sense. That said, I don't know much about all these new-fangled classes, and I totally missed the point of Faker, so I'm probably not a good source. Other than that, I kinda love to hate them, and don't have any notes. Fun characters for sure.
    Last edited by TheTruthWhale; May 20th, 2021 at 05:17 PM.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, i can understand, but i wont back down from the Class. I added an explanation why i made them this class. If later people look for Gatekeeper inspirations they can take my example, be it good or bad. I like the name and want it to have a renaissance like the Faker Class or a small wave of inspiration like the Lover did. I personally wanna treat it like Ancient Giant/God, inspired by the interpretation of somebody here (i forgot who, was it Vanatos?) that Gatekeeper is a class that needs to be overcome by heroes or something. If somebody remembers exactly what it was let me know.

And I remembered the custom icons that WF was so kind to crop for us! I added the GK icon to the sheet

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Well, as to what classes this site has available to use in these threads, I know that all the canon classes used in the Nasuverse have been used, and sometimes in creative ways that would do Nasu and the others proud (Saber, Archer, Lancer, Rider, Berserker, Assassin, Caster, Ruler, Avenger, MoonCancer, Alter Ego, Foreigner, Faker, Gunner, Faker, Funny Vamp, Shielder, Beast, Saver, Gatekeeper, Voyager, Ancient (Giant/Titan/God/etc.), Launcher, and Watcher).
    And then there are the classes being created on this site (Monster, Striker, Healer, Lover, Counter, Keeper, Remainer, Retainer, Tower, Teacher, Classless, Banner, (Ulti)Maid, Chef, Dangerous Beast, Idol, Leader, ???, Butler, and Joker). So even without attaching the prefix "Grand" to signify being at the very top of your class in the face of a world-ending threat (or whatever prefix like Demon or Alpha you want to use), you've got at least 44 different choices in how to summon a particular individual. Of course, a number of the ones created just became one-offs so not every newly invented class finds success here...

Blog Entries
    here

do we have an accord?

Blog Entries
    wonderful, the pact has been forged. Three Command Spells appear on the back of my hand

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    wonderful, the pact has been forged. Three Command Spells appear on the back of my hand

what container are you?

Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    Top-level creator's note
    Well... this is probably going to be one of my weirdest Servants yet.

Also, a little warning:
    This sheet is rated "E" for "Edgy"

A new Servant(?) has been summoned!
    You opened your eyes after a blinding flash of light following your summoning ritual, expecting to see a powerful hero of legend standing before you....Yet no one was there.

You looked around. Maybe you summoned an Assassin? or another Servant with the specific ability to conceal themselves?
    ...But there was not a soul to be found. There were no changes to the level of mana within your surroundings. Not a voice attempting to make themselves known. Not a single sign of the Servant's existence aside from the Command Spells on the back of your hand. Was there an error in the summoning ritual? Could the Grail have made a mistake?

That's when you noticed it.
    At the center of the summoning circle laid a single, unassuming dagger. Despite its beautiful craftsmanship, it seemed to be an ordinary dagger, all things considered.

...Then it called out to you. It was a weird sensation, as if half of every cell in your body fell to an irresistible urge to touch it, while the other half screams for you to stay away from it at all costs.

Curious, you ignored your own doubts and reached out to it.
    And then...

Watcher of Whitechapel
    -- The Dark Truth(?) Behind the Faceless Ripper --

Shadow 1

Source

"So this is the poor bloke who summoned us... not much of a fighter, are you, boy? Alas, we can change that. Together, let us make London- no, the world- a better place!"

Shadow 2

Source

"Ah, naive as ever, aren't you, Freddy? Speaking of 'justice', 'the greater good', and the like... whose justice are we referring to here? Yours? I myself believe such endeavors to be pointless. Separating the 'good' and 'evil' in people, expecting some semblance of order and control in this chaotic world... Why, if my story's any indication, not even a miracle concoction could separate the two!"

Shadow 3

Source

"Now, now, lay off the poor lad, won't you? Ahem, allow me to apologize on their behalf. You and your petty quarrels... Just what will you do without the guiding hand of nobility such as mine?"

Shadow 4

Source

"Ufufu, what's with the puzzled look, Master? Have you gone mad? Bonkers? Well, I'm afraid you have, but allow me to tell you a little secret of my own: all the best people are! Come now, abandon your struggles and follow me into the rabbit hole! Let us slay that dastardly Queen of Hearts, once and for all!"

Class: Watcher
    Other Classes: Assassin, Berserker, Caster, ForeignerAssassin, Faker, Rider, Berserker
    True Name: J̷̜̊́a̸̗͖̕͝c̵̢̣̭̄̅͜ḵ̵̓̾͋ ̸̖̪̺̅t̶͎͆̂͜h̶̨̅͑e̴̗̬̎͛͑ ̶̬͖̽̀̍̆Ŗ̴̒̂̂̏ĭ̵͈͉̿͆̑p̷͍̖̯̟̓̊͐p̶̢̞̲͗ẻ̷̢͉̚ͅr̸͎̤̰̊ ̘Y̷̥̳̎̈́ ̶͉̊͐͐̎O̴̰̫͎̹͔̓̌̽̍ ̷̝̗̉̅Ū̵̟̩̤̻̆͘
    Alignment:
    - (depends on Master)Lawful Evil, Chaotic Evil, Neutral Evil, Chaotic Mad
    Origin: Britain (19th century), p̶̛̱̱̽r̸͎̳̠̔̓͒ẻ̴͙̟̳͐ş̴͕̔͊̀e̵̞͌͊͝n̷̔͐̿͜ṱ̴͍͛̔͊ ̱ ̸̙͙͐̒̚d̴̠̀̚͜á̷̗͓͝͝y̸̦̞̲͑́(̶̺̍?̷̪̼̈́̍ͅ)̵̮̥͌͊

Parameters:

STR: -
    END: -
    AGI: -
    MGI: -
    LCK: -
    NP: EX
    Likes: - (depends on Master)London, seeing the worst of humanity, having fun, tea parties
    Dislikes: - (depends on Master)Criminals, the notion of absolute good and absolute evil, doormats, the Queen of Hearts
    Talent: - (depends on Master)Investigative work, acting, politics, daydreaming
    Natural Enemy: Sherlock Holmes
    Armament: -
    Catalyst: The usual Jack catalysts, an abundance of negative rumors within the vicinity of the summoning area, character compatibility

The fog descends over the murky nights of London...
    Class Skills
    Territory Infringement (B)

The ability to slip past all manner of security, be it mundane or supernatural in nature. Bypassing wards, barriers, alarms and more, an ideal Skill for infiltrator-type Servants. The featured Skill of the Watcher-Class Servant. As the legendary serial killer without a confirmed name, Watcher grants their Master the ability to slip past various manners of security with ease, barring high-ranking thaumaturgy and certain divine authorities.

"After all, if Jack the Ripper is truly unknown... who's to say we aren't already in there?"

Magic Resistance (D+)

Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. Cancels Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance of the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy. Being a relatively recent Heroic Spirit, Watcher hardly came across many instances of magecraft and the supernatural throughout their lives. However, this Skill seems to receive a positive modifier due to the insistence of the fourth shadow's knowledge of Wonderland, a world where logic is suspended and absurdities are abundant.

"I'm not crazy. My reality is simply different from yours. Therefore, why should I fear your definition of magecraft? How can you be sure that you're not the mad one here?"

Watcher (B)

A special contract status with the Master. Rather than possessing a Spiritron body like most conventional Servants, Watcher consists of four intangible shadows only visible to the Master (or anyone else who holds the dagger). These shadows consist of four Ripper suspects; Chief Inspector Frederick Abberline, Richard Mansfield, Prince Albert Victor, and Lewis Carroll. Incidentally, their characters had been significantly altered upon being summoned as "Jack the Ripper"; here, their negative qualities are amplified, and they embody the idea of "what this person would be like as Jack the Ripper", rather than their true characters. In that sense, this abnormal summoning also grants them something akin to Innocent Monster.

"Such is the peculiar nature of our contract. Then again, we are merely the supporting cast in this twisted play! The star of the show is none other than you!"

Universal Bird's Eye (B+)

The capacity to understand everything within a limited territory in which they are summoned, limited to sight, hearing, and magical energy detection at Rank B. This information is shared between the shadows, allowing them to notify the Master of these observations. While they can use this knowledge to predict certain actions, form ideas as to how individuals will act, and deduce patterns from basic personality traits, they know nothing of what they have not directly observed, and they cannot read minds. Its rank and effectiveness is slightly increased thanks to Prince Albert's royal authority.

"As part of the nobility, it is only natural for a prince to know whatever is going on within the kingdom, don't you think so? It is a necessary skill of the ruling class to lead, and while I regret my inability to intervene directly, as of now, I'm content to lend that authority to you."
    Personal Skills
    Delusion Trigger (E~A)

A
    Skill
    curse
    granted to those who possess abnormally warped views of the world around them, allowing their delusions to bleed into reality and affect their surroundings, potentially inciting cases similar to mass hysteria. In most cases, those who possess this Skill are completely unaware of it, due to how strongly their delusions are intertwined with their identities and how they view the world around them. This means that they have little control over this power, and may become a danger to both themselves and others.

An ability granted to Watcher's "wielder", representing the terror Jack brought upon the foggy streets of Whitechapel, and London as a whole. Allows them to propagate a "shared delusion" of fear, paranoia, and psychological horror. This effect initially starts out small, introducing vague feelings of unease and discomfort to those within their immediate vicinity. Yet as the wielder succumbs to their darker impulses, this Skill's range and effectiveness increases overtime. These minor sense of unease may evolve to occasional feelings of being watched or followed, or hearing sounds such as footsteps or heavy breathing. Left untreated, these visual and auditory hallucinations would worsen, to the point where affected minds may come up with highly realistic accounts of the one responsible for their horrifying experiences. An "imaginary Ripper" constantly stalking them from the shadows, just waiting to end their lives in the most gruesomely unimaginable ways possible.

While these delusions do not impede physical and cognitive performance, it gradually blurs boundaries between dreams and reality. Motivated by their increasing fear and paranoia, affected targets also become prone to acting rashly, such as immediately distrusting others, lashing out with violence, or accusingly point fingers at each other. While simply leaving its range would nullify these effects, ultimately, this Skill's limitations are not determined by Watcher themselves, but by those who wield them.

"Fear is a powerful weapon, Master. More often than not, the real bogeymen pales in comparison to the unspeakable horrors that the human mind can conjure. You can see this in the Crusades, the Inquisition, the Witch Trials, the World Wars... anytime and anywhere, really. Perhaps the same can be said for Jack the Ripper; a demon, a cursed dagger, a doomsday cult... ah, we almost feel bad for falling below their expectations. Alas, now the name 'Jack' falls before you. How will you wield the fear that it entails? We shall observe with great interest."

Information Erasure (B+)

The removal of information regarding the Servant's True Name, abilities, and appearance from the records and memories of all eye witnesses, including the opponent, following the conclusion of an engagement. A Skill contributed by Frederick Abberline, as the Chief Inspector responsible for investigating the Ripper murders. This effect is enforced even if the battle took place in broad daylight or was recorded by devices such as digital recordings of a closed-circuit camera. Due to the inspector's expertise in police work and forensic science, it is also possible to forge evidence and fabricate testimonies, redirecting one from suspicion, or even reframing them as the "hero" of the story.

"Flip your thinking around. A criminal and a detective, a murderer and a police inspector... they must not be polar opposites, but two sides of the same coin. To solve a crime, a detective ought to think like a criminal, while to commit one, a criminal ought to think like a detective. If you think about it that way, you'll notice the holes, the little imperfections... the filth hidden underneath the beautiful surface. Afterwards... it's just a matter of plucking out those unsightliness, one by one."

Showmanship (B)

A Skill denoting mastery in performing arts, contributed by Richard Mansfield. A talented actor who played the part of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, he fell from grace when his audiences came to the conclusion that no actor could make so convincing a stage transformation from a gentleman into a mad killer without being genuinely homicidal. Based on this anecdote, Watcher grants its wielder the ability to manipulate their own emotions in such a convincing manners that only the most perceptive individuals may distinguish between their "true self" and whatever role they assume.

"You see, the truth is, we all wear masks. It makes us feel safe. As if the world is a kind and benevolent place where there is a clear definition of good to pursue and evil to destroy. It allows us to turn a blind eye to the unpredictable chaos that lurks beneath their preconceived notions of justice and order... hypocrites, all of them. They forced the mask of a monster upon me. So be it. As a performer, Who am I to go against their demands? Now then, let us take center stage in this depraved charade once again!"

We're All Mad Here (C-)

A Skill contributed by Lewis Carroll. It is the perfect replication of Wonderland as a realm that inherently rejects logic and rationality, while embracing madness. A land of talking animals, mythical beasts, tyrannical queens, and tea parties... or so it may seem. Under this particular Class, this Skill is a representation of the author's (alleged) sanity slippage during his later years. A Skill that temporarily overwrites Delusion Trigger whenever it is activated. An aura of "nonsense" perpetually enshrouds Watcher's "wielder" so long as it remains active, warping the concepts of all written or spoken communication. The longer one spends in their company, the more they become "infected" by this unique variant of madness, that is; a deliberate rejection of the norms imposed by language and logic. Those affected will begin to speak in a bizarre poetic "nonsense-language", impeding any efforts at communication. Overtime, even their thoughts are "translated" into the nonsense-language, turning them into alien beings isolated from the rest of humanity.

This effect normally takes up to several days to progress and can be blocked out by mental protection Skills or Noble Phantasms. Those affected will gradually return to normal once they leave this Skill's range, unless they've already reached the final stage. However, it works faster if the target attempts to directly attack Watcher's wielder with language, like through spells that rely an active incantation. In that case the spells will be "
    scrambled
    translated
    " into a nonsensical language, preventing the relevant mystery from actualizing or forcing it to do so in an unpredictable way that may backfire randomly on the caster.

Incidentally, as this Skill represents Carroll's sanity slippage as opposed to the "true" absurdity of Wonderland, its own user may also gradually fall victim to this madness if the Skill is used for long periods of time.

"Ah, but I just can't help it! We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad. Is any one of us ever truly 'sane' to begin with?"
    Noble Phantasm(s)

The Shadow Standing Between Truth and Falsehoods
    Nameless Dagger

Type: Anti-Unit

The closest thing Watcher has to a "main body". The cursed dagger that supposedly changed ownership a number of timed throughout the Autumn of Terror, manipulating its wielders to commit the Ripper's murderous atrocities. It is not something that truly existed in history. Rather, this dagger is a crystallization of all the mystery, fear, and suspense surrounding the Ripper killings, brought forth into reality through a phenomenon similar to one that plagued Romania in the past, combined with the Servant summoning system.

This Noble Phantasm is the basis of Watcher's very existence. It tampers with the summoning system and inverts the nature of the Master-Servant contract to fit the theory that the Ripper murders were committed by various people, all of them manipulated by a cursed object (in this case a dagger). A very unconventional case, upon summoning, rather than the Master contracting Watcher to be their Servant, Watcher instead contracts the Master (or anyone else who came into contact with them) to be their "wielder". This status allows Watcher to transfer Command Spells between different "wielders" every time a new contract is established.

It is relatively durable as a weapon, although it has little offensive potential on its own and sufficiently powerful attacks may destroy and "kill" it. Passively, it is also a self-sustaining Noble Phantasm that feeds itself and strengthens its wielder through the public's fear and rumors surrounding the Ripper. In order to propagate these rumors, the dagger registers its wielder as "something that stands in the border between existence and nonexistence". An extension of Information Erasure, those who receive damage through this Noble Phantasm will have their memories pertaining to the incident scrambled. Gradually, they would doubt their own accounts. From then on, two possibilities may happen: either they would forget the incident entirely, or they would attempt to fill in gaps in their memory using imagination and misleading evidence, more often than not creating a widely different, more monstrous image of "Jack the Ripper" in their minds. Either of these two possibilities would create conflicting testimonies with fellow survivors and witnesses who saw "Jack" in a completely different form. These contradictions and conflicts would further fuel public fear and intrigue towards the mysterious killer, strengthening them in the process. This strengthening effect is lost, along with all of the wielder's memories of "using" Watcher, should a different contract be established.

Incidentally, there's one unanswered contradiction left regarding this Noble Phantasm's nature, isn't there? There are two different theories to consider: the first is the fact that the cursed dagger that turns people into homicidal maniacs does not exist. The second is the possibility of the Ripper murders being committed by different people. Assuming both premises are true, one may reach a disturbing conclusion behind the grisly murders that plagued Whitechapel...

The Faceless Nightmare Stalking Whitechapel

Autumn of Terror

Type: Anti-Mind (self)

Watcher's true form. Whenever "Jack the Ripper" is summoned as a Servant, their form differs depending on which class they were summoned under. As a Watcher, their existence is based on one unconventionally dark theory: that there is no Jack the Ripper. In that sense, there is no single monster, bogeyman, or homicidal madman responsible for all of the murders. Rather, these grisly murders were committed by different people for different reasons, and any perceived similarities in their methods were either fabricated or purely coincidental. Yet perhaps ironically, the lack of a single Ripper gives birth to an even more horrifying notion: that under the right circumstances, anyone and everyone can become Jack the Ripper.

That is the basis and purpose of this Noble Phantasm; a faceless nightmare that gradually molds its wielder to become "the next Jack the Ripper". It activates automatically whenever a contract is established, marked by a thick fog enough to envelop an entire borough within a city. From then on, Watcher alters its wielder's luck and repeatedly puts them in various situations to assess their character, motives, ideals, and convictions. Overtime, these situations become increasingly pressuring, stressful, or disadvantageous to them, testing their limits. Throughout this process, Watcher's shadows acted as "guides" to the wielder, and which shadow would appear most depends on which is deemed closest or most relatable to the wielder's own character, or determined at random should its wielder fail to fit any specific shadow. As these "trials" continue and further urged by their guide(s), the wielder would gradually warp, alter, or make compromises to their own values to fit the mold of "Jack the Ripper"; a deranged, unrepentant killer.

These "trials" would most likely never end until the wielder fully embraces the identity of "Jack the Ripper". However, if one is able to overcome these continuous challenges without losing themselves, they would most likely grow significantly as an individual.

Description
    First Shadow
    The identity of the first shadow is Frederick Abberline, a Chief Inspector of the Scotland Yard who led the investigation to the Ripper murders. At first glance, he appears to be an honest, dutiful public servant, determined to do anything for the betterment of London. An idealistic and warmhearted- if not a bit grumpy- father figure, he considers London as his beloved hometown, where he spent most of his life in. He strictly believes that London should always strife to become a shining example of beauty, civilization, culture, and everything else, the "ideal city". He hates criminals and injustice with a passion, believing them to be an unsightly blight upon his beloved city and all the good, honest people who live in it. Yet there in lies his greatest flaw: his complete refusal to allow even the slightest bit of evil to exist. Everyone within London must always be good, honest, and upstanding citizens. Therefore, anyone who does not fit this mold is not a citizen of London; they're monsters plaguing the city like cancerous growths, gradually spreading and slowly killing the city and all of its upstanding citizens. Finally, as the Chief Inspector of the London police force, the duty falls on him to excise these "imperfections" bit by bit, until not a single speck of unsightly dust could taint the beauty of London. This belief seems to be somewhat strengthened upon him being summoned to Chaldea and learning that he was somehow summoned to protect the Human Order. Now he knows that protecting London alone is not enough; the world needs him, and as the perfect hero they needed and deserved, Abberline is fully willing to stain his hands with blood once again.

Second Shadow
    The identity of the second shadow is Richard Mansfield, a talented actor famed for his role as Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, unjustly accused of being the Ripper. At first glance, it is extremely difficult to ascertain his true personality as he constantly wears various "masks" to fit different situations, on top of his frequent use of theater metaphors. At his core, Mansfield is a man who had utterly lost faith in humanity as a whole. Unlike the other shadows who had their memories altered to fit the story of "Jack the Ripper", Mansfield fully retains knowledge that he did not commit those murders. Even so, the false, slanderous accusations that ruined his career had left him extremely vengeful and cynical towards humanity. Contrasting Dr. Jekyll's belief that humans can be divided into purely good and purely evil, Mansfield believes that humanity as a chaotic mix of both (with the negatives far outweighing the positives). Underneath the people's notions of dignity, understanding, and rationality lies mindless beasts who would willingly ruin a man's entire life over baseless evidence, kneejerk reactions, mob mentality, and self-righteous notions of "justice". Thus as a Servant (or as Watcher's shadow, to be exact), Mansfield willingly embraced the name "Jack the Ripper" out of spite, claiming that it's only natural for him to play the part of a deranged monster after the people forced him into that role. Now, he lives only to see the worst of humanity, gleefully laughing at their contradictions and hypocrisies.

Third Shadow
    The identity of the third shadow is Prince Albert Victor, Duke of Clarence and Avondale. Albert initially presents himself as a voice of reason compared to the other shadows. A charming, charismatic gentleman and a "cool big brother" figure with a laid-back attitude content to enjoy the finest things in life. Unlike the other shadows who constantly tries to enforce their twisted worldviews upon their wielder, Albert largely allows the wielder to make their own decisions, only chiming in occasionally to offer some smug or snarky commentary. He lords over his noble status and all the power and authority it entails, but it's unclear how serious he is with these boasts. Underneath his initial persona, however, Albert is an erratic mix of a complete pleasure-oriented hedonist, and a paranoid control freak. His talks about "noblesse oblige" is largely a means to an end; doing "fun" things just because he can. He frequently asks the wielder if they would "have fun" with their decision, and if they would, he's entirely content to let them- and the world by extension- to crash and burn so long as they would have fun doing it. He hates doormats above all else, those who deny themselves a chance to live only for the sake of constantly pleasing others. If wielded by such individuals, his usual laid-back attitude would transform to a more assertive and domineering one (occasionally to the point of forceful paranoia) in order to "whip them into shape".

Fourth Shadow
    The identity of the fourth shadow is Lewis Carroll, an author famous for writing Alice in Wonderland and its sequel, Through the Looking Glass. To be exact, for some reason, he had taken the form of Alice Liddell, or the version of her from his story (as opposed to the historical Alice Pleasance Liddell). Among the four shadows, it's clear that Carroll (or Alice, as she prefers to be addressed) has the least grip on the reality of her surroundings. She frequently speaks in rhymes and poetry, while addressing other people as characters from her tale. To her, there is no such thing as complexity in life. The Hatter, the March Hare, the Cheshire Cat, and her other friends are "good", while the Queen of Hearts and her card soldiers are "bad". This is why she encourages the wielder to play the part of a main character fighting for (her own definition of) good while fighting the dastardly Queen (anyone who doesn't fit said definition). Occasionally, there may be certain rare occurrences that reveal hints of the "true" Lewis Carroll's personality; a fearful, paranoid wreck appalled by the horrors of his own actions. Even so, he would immediately retreat back into his delusions afterwards, either justifying how they deserve it ("Those card soldiers were working for the Queen of Hearts") or simply denying it altogether ("None of this is real anyway, so why should it matter?"). Yet the more she entertains these delusions of "Wonderland", the more she would undergo a sanity slippage over time, speaking in cryptic riddles and nonsensical language.

Jack the Ripper
    Ultimately, it's hard to determine if Watcher (the dagger) itself has any "true" personality, being an inanimate object and all. Most of the time, it molds itself to fit its wielder, while at the same time molding its wielder to fit its image of "Jack the Ripper". That said, a single defining "character trait" can be ascertained by comparing parallels and similarities between the four shadows; Watcher, in some way, revels in the act of corrupting the most virtuous of souls and once again proving how under the right circumstances, "anyone and everyone can become Jack the Ripper". The shadows may phrase things differently ("Doing what's necessary to make the world a better place", "Taking off the mask and embracing the true, depraved monster that you are", "Having fun and finally exerting control over your own life", "Slaying that dastardly Queen and her Jabberwocky once and for all"), but the point is the same; madness, evil, and depravity exists in everyone, and it only takes one very bad day to push someone over the edge, beyond the point of no return.

Lore
    A horrifying series of murders plagued London's Whitechapel district from August to November 1888, all committed by an unidentified assailant known as "Jack the Ripper". Since that time, the identity of the killer or killers has been widely debated, and over 100 Jack the Ripper suspects have been named. Though many theories have been advanced, experts find none widely persuasive, and some are hardly taken seriously at all. Nonetheless, that never stopped the confused, terrified, and paranoid citizens of London from pointing fingers and wild accusations, desperate for the terror to stop. These are the stories of four such Ripper suspects...

First Shadow
    Frederick Abberline (1843-1929) was a British Chief Inspector of the Scotland Yard who led the initial investigation to the Ripper murders. He was described as an honest, hardworking police officer with a strong sense of justice and fierce determination to reduce crime in London. His expertise in investigative police work allowed him to deduce the killer's identity as George Chapman, a Polish serial killer who happened to be in the area, had no alibi at the time of the murders, was (allegedly) witnessed interacting with one of the victims, and fitted the Ripper's modus operandi. Chapman was never officially charged for the Ripper murders, and he was later executed for an unrelated offense. Even so, Abberline's theory remains as one of the most well-accepted ones even decades into the future, and the public admired his determination to solve the murders.

... Yet is that the truth? Who's to say the reason he worked so hard to accuse Chapman was to divert suspicion from himself? Abberline was very familiar with the geographical layout of Whitechapel, having been stationed there for years. According to rumors, he expressed disdain at how the brothels and slums in Whitechapel were often used for various clandestine operations that occasionally harmed the good citizens of London, either through theft, scams, thuggery, or even outright murder. Furthermore, despite all the fame, awards, and promotions he received following the Ripper case, he suddenly retired just one year after the murders to enjoy a peaceful life in the countryside, fading into obscurity under vague reasons. Besides, who would ever think of suspecting the good old Chief Inspector, of all people? Therefore, perhaps he committed the murders as a warning to these criminals, as well as anyone who dared to hurt London's upstanding citizens. All blood in his hands were fully justified for the sake of London's peace and order.

Second Shadow
    Richard Mansfield was a British actor best known for his (final) performance as Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Mansfield was a respected actor and stage director who frequently performed in various plays and operas in London. During the Ripper murders, Mansfield was performing in the London production of the Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde in 1888 during the time of the Ripper murders. That fateful night, he played his part well; Dr. Jekyll's moral conundrum and Mr. Hyde's savage brutality, he captured both characters well and changed between them at the drop of a hat. Yet during the curtain call, instead of the loud cheers and applause he expected, he was faced with hateful, accusatory glances from the audience. The public believed that no actor could manage to play both the charming doctor and the deranged madman so well without secretly being homicidal himself. He was detained and interrogated by the Scotland Yard, and while they eventually released him, lacking any conclusive evidence to pin him to the murders, his reputation was forever tarnished. He tried to perform comedies and donated his income to charities to gain public favor, yet he soon found himself fleeing to France and then the United States for a fresh start. He tried to restart his career a number of times throughout his life, but he eventually died of meningitis in relative obscurity.

Third Shadow
    Prince Albert Victor was a Duke of Clarence and Avondale, as well as grandson of Queen Victoria. From birth, he was second in the line of succession to the British throne, but did not become king as he died before his father and grandmother. In his youth, he traveled the world extensively as a naval cadet, and as an adult he joined the British Army, but did not undertake any active military duties. After two unsuccessful courtships, he became engaged to be married to Princess Mary of Teck in late 1891. A few weeks later, he died during an influenza pandemic. Mary later married his younger brother, who became King George V in 1910.

Albert's intellect, sexuality, and mental health had been a frequent subject of debate, speculation, and controversies. Among these scandals were his alleged secret identity as the infamous serial killer, Jack the Ripper. According to certain conspiracies, he secretly frequented the brothels in Whitechapel during his spare time and may have sired an illegitimate child with a prostitute there. Yet Albert could not quite remember the woman he may have impregnated. And so, fearing potential scandals that may potentially ruin his status and hedonistic lifestyle, he killed the victims- as well as anyone who tried to stop him- as part of a coverup. Of course, this theory has been largely dismissed as baseless nonsense. For one, Albert was not even in London at the time of the Ripper murders. Even so, that never stopped the accusations. Perhaps he had a body double, or he could've asked one of his associates to carry out the murders in his stead, or perhaps his "trip" at the time was entirely fabricated to protect both himself and the British royal family. Whatever the case, the name "Jack the Ripper" continued to be attached to him more than a century after his death.

Fourth Shadow
    Charles Dodgson (better known by his pen name, Lewis Carroll) (1832-1898) was an English writer of children's fiction, notably Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and its sequel Through the Looking-Glass. He was noted for his facility with word play, logic, and fantasy. The poems "Jabberwocky" and The Hunting of the Snark are classified in the genre of literary nonsense. He was also a mathematician, photographer, inventor, and Anglican deacon.

...Yet according to certain Ripperologists, there's more to the whimsical author than we initially thought. According to certain (dubious) accounts on the author's early life, he had been assaulted as a young boy, which left him mentally scarred. According this theory, he largely suppressed this trauma throughout his life. That is, until a psychotic break he suffered in early 1888. From then on, it was said that he increasingly adopted various mannerisms from the cast of Alice in Wonderland, as if retreating into his own personal "Wonderland". He addressed others as characters from his tale, and he allegedly assaulted a man on the street for accidentally pushing him. Of course, assuming these allegations regarding his mental state are to be believed (which they are almost certainly false), there is still little else connecting him to the Ripper murders. At most, it was said that on the days of the murders, he wrote his journal in black ink as opposed to the usual purple he used to write every other day. While these accusations did give birth to a minor scandal at the time, Dodgson retreated outside the public eye and the rumors soon died down. Now, these "theories" are no longer taken seriously by Ripperologists, historians, and criminologists alike.

Ultimately, the concept of "anyone and everyone can become Jack the Ripper" can be interpreted in two ways. From the perspective of the suspects, "anyone put under the right circumstances and granted access to the right opportunities is capable of donning the Ripper's name". Meanwhile, from the perspective of the general public, the statement means "anyone can be forced to bear the Ripper's name, no matter how absurd it sounds or how circumstantial the evidence". In a society ruled by fear and paranoia, the truth no longer matters. So long as an individual has the slightest perceived connection to the Ripper murders (which may not even be true to begin with) , society would freely point fingers, desperate to put a name to the bogeyman and potentially trampling over each other's lives in the process.

The nightmarish Ripper and the society madly hunting for said Ripper out of fear and anger, all without caring how many lives must suffer throughout the ensuing witch hunt...
    Perhaps it can be said that both are monsters, in their own ways...

Relationships
    Robert Hubert, the Halifax Slasher:
    "So they got you too... How sad. These so-called 'upstanding' and 'honorable' members of society easily condemned their siblings, children, parents, and friends to die a gruesome death in their search for a monster that may have never existed in the first place! Back then, I'd curse their names and pray for a chance to wring out their necks myself, but right now, I can't even bother... I'm tired of these lies, but at this point, what else can I do? Where does the lie end and the truth begin? Ah, I can't even begin to imagine that..."

Jeanne D'Arc, Urbain Grandier:
    "Aren't you tired? Maintaining that innocence, fighting for the sake of those who never believed in you from the beginning... Have you ever thought of throwing it all away and embracing the monster they forced upon you? No? I see... how
    enviable
    pathetic
    "

Johann Adam Weishaupt:
    "Indeed, as keepers of public order, it is simply our duty to create a better world, all for the sake of the good, honest people living in it. The blood I have on my hands are nothing. I'll stain my hands as many times as it takes so that no one else would have to. That is simply what any good civil servant ought to do."

Sir Thomas Malory:
    "Me, a hero? I'm honored, but I don't think that's quite right. Hmm, in a term that you might understand, perhaps Arthur never strived to live his life as a hero. He simply did what he thought was necessary to protect Camelot, for better or worse. Do you understand that now? Yes, the same can be said for me and London. Nothing more, nothing less."

Samyaza:
    "Ahaha, praise be to our Holy Father in Heaven for the gift He had bestowed upon us! That said, do you know what's better than merely having freedom? It's having the power and authority to exert said freedom! To enjoy the finest things life has to offer, and to remove any potential setback to that lifestyle simply because you can! Tell me, is there such a life better than this one!?"

Queen Medb, Liu Pengli:
    "I have a feeling we'd enjoy each other's company. 'noblesse oblige' is nice and all, but what good is giving if you can't take? Being a leader does not mean one should forsake the joys of freedom! After all, despite having all the power and authority in the world, freedom is the one thing we're born with. Without it... what else is there to live for?"

Nursery Rhyme:
    "I am you, and you are me... no, that's not quite right, is it? You are... no, you're not 'her' either. Just who are you..? Well, no matter! Come, join me, we'll have lots and lots of fun in our Wonderland!"

John Tenniel:
    "You must be the dreamer who brought Wonderland to life! Since I'm Alice, I'll call you Mr. Hatter instead! Um, anyway, I'd like to thank you for everything you did! It's truly an honor to meet you here, and- ah, perhaps you could join me for a tea party! We'll chat the afternoon away and reminisce about our adventures together! That said... why do you look so sad, Mr. Hatter? Did Alice do anything wrong?"

Bond CE
    A Glimpse Behind the Ripper's Mask

Source

For so long, society has been and always will be obsessed with finding a name for their nightmares. "Jack the Ripper", "the Halifax Slasher", "the Axeman of New Orleans", "the Mad Gasser of Mattoon", and so on. After a name is established, a form follows; a man with a large, imposing physique, brandishing a butcher knife, for instance. After that, the rumors would start. By granting these attributes, it gives them a sense of security, control, and power over these nightmares. Knowing that despite there being a homicidal monster on the loose, they could always act rationally and band together against this common threat.

But they're mistaken.

What is it that makes Jack the Ripper so different, so special compared to any other murderer?

Is it the weapons they used to kill? Be it a sword, a dagger, a razor, or a knife, they're all the same. With enough force, even a kitchen knife can cut as well as an iron sword. Meanwhile, with enough precision, even a butcher knife can dissect as well as a medical scalpel.

Is it their motives? Well, who can say? Perhaps it was part of a national conspiracy, a ghost story, an existential horror, the unexplainable actions of a single madman, or anything in between.

Is it their modus operandi? How they seemingly butchered their victims without a single care in the world? That's hardly exclusive to the Ripper. Fear, rage, and madness are powerful motivators, and even the most peaceful individuals could break, sooner or later.

Therefore, to answer that question, there is nothing special about Jack the Ripper.
    There is no single name or feature we can truly attribute to Jack. Not the amalgamation of aborted fetuses, the grieving mother, the lost detective, the mad occultist, nor the emissary of the creature from beyond the stars.

Rather, instead of a single individual, Jack the Ripper is an idea.
    Jack is you, and me, and everyone else. Paradoxically, they are "everyone" and "no one" simultaneously.
    After all, if "everyone can be a hero", who's to say the opposite isn't true?
    Who's to say that no one could willingly transform into an inhumane monster under the right circumstances?

Sometimes, all they need is just a little push.
    Maybe a minor accident, a mild inconvenience, an encounter with the right people...

Just one bad day...

Creator's Notes/Fun Facts
    Whew, here it is; the very late, completely uninvited entry I made for the Jack-Off. On another note, help, I think I'm bleeding out after writing the edge that is the bond CE.

- They're... definitely one of my weirdest Servants so far. I initially thought of making a semi-joke sheet on that "Jack the Ripper is a cursed razor" theory. Then I thought how the cursed razor basically "taught" its wielders to become killers. And speaking of "teaching" you know who else lacks a clear form and "teaches" their Master in canon through various trials? Strange Fake's Watcher. And then the bits and pieces with TATARI came as extra seasoning on the top. I don't even read much on Melty Blood aside from what they have on the Wiki, and I just thought the whole thing with rumors and paranoia would fit pretty well with the Autumn of Terror. I may or may not have butchered a few things from there.

- Yes, yes, I know the theory mentioned a cursed razor instead of a cursed dagger. I can't find a cool faceclaim for a cursed razor though, so I hope you don't mind this little historical fibbing.

- Reminder to click everywhere, especially in the profiles section (True Name, alignment, likes/dislikes, etc) so you don't miss any secrets.

- There were some criticisms on my last Watcher (Laplace's Demon) that the shadows were just... there and didn't have enough role in the sheet. Hopefully I managed to remedy that here, with each shadow having a more distinct personality and contributing one or more Skills. Anyway, since there were actually more than 100 Ripper suspects irl, the thought of the dagger housing all of these suspects as phantoms (albeit still being led by the main 4 shadows here for... some reason I can't figure out) did cross my mind, but I decided against it, since I'm not sure what role these phantoms could play, and they might just be there to bloat the sheet further.

- Credits to Royd for We're All Mad Here from his Alice/Lewis Carroll sheet.

- Another big thanks to Delrey for helping me with the formatting. Haven't gotten everything quite right just yet, but I guess I'm getting there with the collapse tags.

- Do you remember that time the 4th Fuyuki HGW turned into a psychological thriller? That one happened in an alternate timeline where Ryuunosuke summoned these guys instead of Gilles.

- That said, while watching them wielded by "evil" characters like Kirei or Ryuunosuke would be fine and all, it'd be a more interesting process to see him corrupt more "pure-hearted" characters like Shirou, Sieg, or Ritsuka. Just how will they twist these heroic ideals to turn them into the next Jack? Besides, after seeing Morg turn Guda into the patient zero of a zombie outbreak a while ago, turning Guda into a serial killer doesn't seem so far-fetched anymore. That said, if zombie Guda can dual-wield this cursed dagger on one hand and a kaleidostick in the other, we can finally have the ultimate life form; an immortal zombie-serial-killer-magical-girl with nigh infinite mana. That's just the right amount of absurdity we need to defeat the alien god and save proper human history!

- I also decided to put Watcher and Universal Bird's Eye into the Class Skills to prevent bloating up the personal Skills section more. Besides, I just thought on how every Watcher here and in canon pretty much has these two Skills, or some variations of it. Might as well just put them there.

- Looking back, their skillset is all over the place, but I think it also embodies the nature of most Ripper accusations; messy, disorganized, and more often than not, stretching it to justify someone as the homicidal maniac in question.

Aaaand there it is. I think I'll be taking a short vacation to look for inspiration after writing... whatever this is.
    this formatting is off the chain. How do you get all this to work? There's some actual black magic going on here.

The sheet itself is straight fire. You put a lot of work into this since you had to make 4 different sheets and smash them together. Having all the suspects of an unknown killer manifest is a really clever idea.

And of course a winner is you!

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 08:57 PM.

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 08:57 PM.

Blog Entries
    [COLLAPSE3 = "[ IMG ]https://(image address)[ /IMG ]"[ /COLLAPSE3 ]

Minus the spacing. So yeah, put insert image inside collapse, and add "...". It works for images, but I don't think it works for other formats such as bold or itallic. Delrey or Kamerad might know more about these formatting stuff.

Blog Entries
    J̷̜̊́a̸̗͖̕͝c̵̢̣̭̄̅͜ḵ̵̓̾͋ ̸̖̪̺̅t̶͎͆̂͜h̶̨̅͑e̴̗̬̎͛͑ ̶̬͖̽̀̍̆Ŗ̴̒̂̂̏ĭ̵͈͉̿͆̑p̷͍̖̯̟̓̊͐p̶̢̞̲͗ẻ̷̢͉̚ͅr̸ ͎̤̰̊ ̘: We are Groot. We are Jack.
    "Besides, after seeing Morg turn Guda into the patient zero of a zombie outbreak a while ago, turning Guda into a serial killer doesn't seem so far-fetched anymore. That said, if zombie Guda can dual-wield this cursed dagger on one hand and a kaleidostick in the other, we can finally have the ultimate life form; an immortal zombie-serial-killer-magical-girl with nigh infinite mana. That's just the right amount of absurdity we need to defeat the alien god and save proper human history!"
    Do not tempt me. I will bounce off the wagon at a moments notice. I'm still waiting to see how far I can push a Servant before I receive truly negative backlash.

Blog Entries
    Yeah I blatantly stole the formatting style of Kamerad and later switched to Collapse3 after Morg suggested it. It is even possible for put another collapse3 inside the outer one for even more expansion. So the line that reveals the second part of the sheet doesnt have to be separate anymore. Idk when it happens, sometimes it just duplicates the original image when you do. I sent the code to BnEl, when he changes it it can be seen

Quote Originally Posted by Morg van Destro View Post
    I'm still waiting to see how far I can push a Servant before I receive truly negative backlash.
    The only thing that comes to mind to get negative feedback right now is to make a George Floyd Servant, recent, controversial, packed with emotions and no matter how you depict him, there is guaranteed to be the opposite side with polar opposite view.
    Last edited by DelRey; May 21st, 2021 at 04:50 AM.

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    The only thing that comes to mind to get negative feedback right now is to make a George Floyd Servant, recent, controversial, packed with emotions and no matter how you depict him, there is guaranteed to be the opposite side with polar opposite view.
    Oh boy, I can hear the pitchforks and angry mobs from here.

Blog Entries
    do not do this

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Morg van Destro View Post
    J̷̜̊́a̸̗͖̕͝c̵̢̣̭̄̅͜ḵ̵̓̾͋ ̸̖̪̺̅t̶͎͆̂͜h̶̨̅͑e̴̗̬̎͛͑ ̶̬͖̽̀̍̆Ŗ̴̒̂̂̏ĭ̵͈͉̿͆̑p̷͍̖̯̟̓̊͐p̶̢̞̲͗ẻ̷̢͉̚ͅr̸ ͎̤̰̊ ̘: We are Groot. We are Jack.
    "Besides, after seeing Morg turn Guda into the patient zero of a zombie outbreak a while ago, turning Guda into a serial killer doesn't seem so far-fetched anymore. That said, if zombie Guda can dual-wield this cursed dagger on one hand and a kaleidostick in the other, we can finally have the ultimate life form; an immortal zombie-serial-killer-magical-girl with nigh infinite mana. That's just the right amount of absurdity we need to defeat the alien god and save proper human history!"
    Do not tempt me. I will bounce off the wagon at a moments notice. I'm still waiting to see how far I can push a Servant before I receive truly negative backlash.
    Yeah I blatantly stole the formatting style of Kamerad and later switched to Collapse3 after Morg suggested it. It is even possible for put another collapse3 inside the outer one for even more expansion. So the line that reveals the second part of the sheet doesnt have to be separate anymore. Idk when it happens, sometimes it just duplicates the original image when you do. I sent the code to BnEl, when he changes it it can be seen

Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    Oh boy, I can hear the pitchforks and angry mobs from here.

i havent read your newest profile but this was my thought as i read These Messages
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...