Page 162 of 178 FirstFirst ... 62112152157160161162163164167172 ... LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,240 of 3557

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

  1. #3221

  2. #3222
    Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Kernow
    Posts
    6,048
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed by Fortuna View Post
    Ravager:
    Ah yes, finally the perfect Class for Arthur.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"


  3. #3223
    リビングデッド Living Dead NittyGritty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    88
    Blog Entries
    1
    wont lie, I don't like these

    I feel the core classes and the handful of extra classes is enough

    even Heroes that dont exactly fit a particular a mold can still work in canon class containers, look at Tesla as an Archer
    Made ya look :P

  4. #3224
    Guess who's my favorite character. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Sometime, somewhere
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    185
    Blog Entries
    1
    It's just people having fun in the end, it doesn't even mean that anyone will pursue them further. But I do get it that it's not everyone's cup of tea.

    Edit: ALSO AWW YOU'RE WELCOME U GUYS ;V;

    © G.Isan


    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servant corner
    —————

  5. #3225
    Lost in Paradise RoydGolden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Jujutsu Tech
    Age
    53
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,451
    Blog Entries
    1
    I feel like Striker/Brawler/whatever and Monster are really the only fan Classes to fill a niche that doesn't exist in canon. A lot of these others seem interesting but ultimately pretty extraneous.

  6. #3226
    Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Kernow
    Posts
    6,048
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFrenzy View Post
    It's just people having fun in the end, it doesn't even mean that anyone will pursue them further.
    I'm typing a Brawler Servant right now. Expect it sometime in the next ten years.

    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFrenzy View Post
    Edit: ALSO AWW YOU'RE WELCOME U GUYS ;V;
    We appreciate it.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"


  7. #3227
    リビングデッド Living Dead NittyGritty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    88
    Blog Entries
    1
    Having both Time Lord and Doctor is kind of redundant

    also no Bottom role????
    Made ya look :P

  8. #3228
    Guess who's my favorite character. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Sometime, somewhere
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    185
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by NittyGritty View Post
    also no Bottom role????
    Now this is a travesty.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    I'm typing a Brawler Servant right now. Expect it sometime in the next ten years.
    DON'T GIVE ME HOPE.

    © G.Isan


    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servant corner
    —————

  9. #3229
    Foreigner Sheetematic Universe! DelRey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Stuck in Research Hell
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    348
    Blog Entries
    3
    When looking at Saber/Lancer/Archer as just terms for close/mid-range/ranged combatant, even brawler, striker, smasher and axeman suddenly lose its appeal.
    Grand Lancer with his arms and Xmas Karna with his fists wave at you with a smile.

    Bottom role? Are they effective or resistant to Lancers? KappaPride

    Instigator of the Legendary Jack-Off

    Behold!
    My Stuff!


  10. #3230
    Darkness there, and nothing more Lambda-Nu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Somewhere in this vast multiverse
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    537
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I feel like Striker/Brawler/whatever and Monster are really the only fan Classes to fill a niche that doesn't exist in canon. A lot of these others seem interesting but ultimately pretty extraneous.
    Yes! This man gets it!
    Loser of the Legendary Jack-Off


    Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Complete.

    Servant Database (v2.0)


    CHALDEA SECURITY ORGANIZATION: AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    Singularity / Lostbelt Database


    For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets



  11. #3231
    Lost in Paradise RoydGolden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Jujutsu Tech
    Age
    53
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,451
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    When looking at Saber/Lancer/Archer as just terms for close/mid-range/ranged combatant, even brawler, striker, smasher and axeman suddenly lose its appeal.
    Grand Lancer with his arms and Xmas Karna with his fists wave at you with a smile.

    Bottom role? Are they effective or resistant to Lancers? KappaPride
    Axeman is kinda' dumb IMO since I think it's pretty clear "Lancer" mostly refers to any long-ranged polearm-type weapon (heck, until Lartoria I'm not even sure if any of them wielded a lance specifically) but I think it's still valuable to have a designated martial-arts Class so you don't have to continually make the excuse of "their fists are totally like a spear/sword!" or whatever, which wears out its specialness after a while.

  12. #3232
    Confusion Levels: Maximum Cursed by Fortuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    1999 AD: Day of Lavos
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    151
    Blog Entries
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by NittyGritty View Post
    wont lie, I don't like these

    I feel the core classes and the handful of extra classes is enough

    even Heroes that dont exactly fit a particular a mold can still work in canon class containers, look at Tesla as an Archer
    True, but some classes really you have to stretch them to fit in them or if you put them in that class it means you may have to make concessions you may not want to (ie. by making a writer a caster class servant you pretty much have to give them a magic related stuff even if you don't really want to, and as for beasts/monsters there really aren't many good classes for that).

    Plus really some of these classes while superfluous are really no worse than some more modern classes. The original idea of class containers was that "a class container fits a role" kinda like basically a list of actors in a play, you have you main hero, your side heroes, you antagonists, and different archetypes about them; the guy with a spear or gun, the guy/gal with a bow, the knight with the sword, the mad warrior, the knight on horseback, the spellcaster, the assassin. Ruler was a slight exception in that their role was monitoring the grail war and avengers role was one who seeks revenge.

    My problem is that ever since ruler even-typemoon has played it a little fast and loose with making classes even if they really don't serve much of a purpose in terms of the role kinda thing (with some of the worst of this being FGO [really Ancient God/Ruler and Ancient Giant aren't even roles if anything they are descriptors for the beings which have those classes and you could have just made them Ruler and Saber/berserker respectively [and just modify their weaknesses and such as if they were a beast class foe]]. At the end of the day though really, just cause I don't like them does mean someone can't make good use of them


    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFrenzy View Post
    Edit: ALSO AWW YOU'RE WELCOME U GUYS ;V;
    Since I haven't said it yet, good job.


    Quote Originally Posted by NittyGritty View Post
    also no Bottom role????
    I feel like I'm missing a joke here.

    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFrenzy View Post
    DON'T GIVE ME HOPE.
    I mean my classes and all work involved with them ends tomorrow, so I could get started on a Brawler class servant (as I feel it is the most broad of the "unarmed-melee" classes and thus allows for the most possible servants in it) like James Figg or Donald McBane and I'm pretty sure others like Mordred (based on her fighting style and attitude), Beowulf (based on his fighting style and NP), Heracles, and a fair few others could fit in the class if anyone wants to take them.

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Also couldn't saber already use an axe* (I know the class is called Saber, but I can't see why they couldn't have an axe NP so long as they also had a sword, I mean Enkidu is a lancer and the oney reason for that is that his NP is loosely spear shaped [otherwise he would probably be more of an archer or a berserker class servant]) so long as they were good at using a sword I think saber implied that she might be using a axe or something other than a sword fighting Cu.

    * also it occurred to me you could totally make an archer class servant who uses axes, just make the axes hatchets and have him be bale to throw them with a fair amount of range and accuracy and you have a mid-close range archer who uses axes (plus Royd also has a point where for large double handed battle-axes they arguably could be considered little different from most pole arm weapons at that point**).

    ** which at this point has any pole arm use had something like a halberd (aside from Lu Bu's god force)

    halberd




    a bardiche

    bardiche




    or a voulge

    voulge




    Or has it just been all spears and lances at this point?
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; May 4th, 2021 at 08:16 PM.
    The Nasuverse: Everything you know about history is wrong, people don't die when they are killed, The Archer class is not filled with Archers, and King Arthur is a Girl.

    Behold, The Halls of the Lost Souls lies before you

    1st Grail War Idea


    Servant Template and Servant Ideas for anyone's use if they wish

  13. #3233
    Lord Barthomeloi
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    gacha hell mandala
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    36
    Blog Entries
    1
    Bluntly speaking, the only fanclass that isn't a form of Saint Graph Designation (i.e. akin to Ancient God or Ancient Giant, which are distinct from Servant Classes) that could really fill a niche is the "martial artist class" ones, but even those are easily distributed outwards canonically; Saber, Assassin, and Lancer are the first three to come to mind, sublimating in Kanta, the Li Gang, Yan Qing, the Li Gang Redux & Quirinus, and we see people use martial arts extensively in other classes, such as Archers (Chiron, David), and our sole canonical Saver.

    The rest of the above listed feel either complete joke-based or irrevocably extraneous, including (and I personally hold a measure of disdain for this one) Monster.
    Ahrk fin zul, rok drey kod, nau tol morokei frod,
    Rul lot Taazokaan motaad voth kein.
    Sahrot Thu’um, med aan tuz, vey zeim hokoron pah,
    Ol fin Dovahkiin komeyt ok rein.


    [System Log: Servant Compendium]

  14. #3234
    Lost in Paradise RoydGolden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Jujutsu Tech
    Age
    53
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,451
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Justiciar Hux View Post
    The rest of the above listed feel either complete joke-based or irrevocably extraneous, including (and I personally hold a measure of disdain for this one) Monster.
    Huh, now I'm curious as the one whose most-used that Class (at least on this thread). How would you classify legendary monsters who never used any weapons or projectiles but hadn't any anecdotes of going mad in life (thus disqualifying them from the Berserker Class)? It feels weird to make every Servant with a monstrous body and no anecdotes to slot them in another Class a Berserker if they were never known to be "mad", so Monster is a natural niche IMO. Or would you dispute they should be written up as Servants at all?

  15. #3235
    Lord Barthomeloi
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    gacha hell mandala
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    36
    Blog Entries
    1
    It's far too case-specific to make a general rule.
    Perhaps a Saber, for the gnashing fangs of the man-eating beast.
    Perhaps a Caster, for the question-posing wisdom of a Sphinx.
    Perhaps a Lancer, for the all-piercing fangs of the Serpent.
    Perhaps a Rider, for the leader of a fearsome pack.
    Perhaps an Assassin, for the monster that hunted men in the dark jungles.
    Perhaps a Ruler, for the peaceful animal on which others thrive.
    Perhaps an Avenger, for the thrice-scorned creatures that were vilified by man.
    the list goes on, as you can imagine.

    The point is, the vast, vast majority of animalistic creatures and monsters of lore don't need a special class to fit into. Because they're legendary, they have anecdotes. Because they have anecdotes, they can fall into an extent class.
    And if they don't have anecdotes; you can make 'em up! Zeus wasn't a giant space mech that served as the crotch in an Interstellar Machine God Super-Gundam in Greek mythology, but that didn't stop Nasu! You too can bullshit with fervour!
    Ahrk fin zul, rok drey kod, nau tol morokei frod,
    Rul lot Taazokaan motaad voth kein.
    Sahrot Thu’um, med aan tuz, vey zeim hokoron pah,
    Ol fin Dovahkiin komeyt ok rein.


    [System Log: Servant Compendium]

  16. #3236
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    The H/eart/h of Europe
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,308
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed by Fortuna View Post
    True, but some classes really you have to stretch them to fit in them or if you put them in that class it means you may have to make concessions you may not want to (ie. by making a writer a caster class servant you pretty much have to give them a magic related stuff even if you don't really want to, and as for beasts/monsters there really aren't many good classes for that).

    Plus really some of these classes while superfluous are really no worse than some more modern classes. The original idea of class containers was that "a class container fits a role" kinda like basically a list of actors in a play, you have you main hero, your side heroes, you antagonists, and different archetypes about them; the guy with a spear or gun, the guy/gal with a bow, the knight with the sword, the mad warrior, the knight on horseback, the spellcaster, the assassin. Ruler was a slight exception in that their role was monitoring the grail war and avengers role was one who seeks revenge.

    My problem is that ever since ruler even-typemoon has played it a little fast and loose with making classes even if they really don't serve much of a purpose in terms of the role kinda thing (with some of the worst of this being FGO [really Ancient God/Ruler and Ancient Giant aren't even roles if anything they are descriptors for the beings which have those classes and you could have just made them Ruler and Saber/berserker respectively [and just modify their weaknesses and such as if they were a beast class foe]]. At the end of the day though really, just cause I don't like them does mean someone can't make good use of them




    Since I haven't said it yet, good job.




    I feel like I'm missing a joke here.



    I mean my classes and all work involved with them ends tomorrow, so I could get started on a Brawler class servant (as I feel it is the most broad of the "unarmed-melee" classes and thus allows for the most possible servants in it) like James Figg or Donald McBane and I'm pretty sure others like Mordred (based on her fighting style and attitude), Beowulf (based on his fighting style and NP), Heracles, and a fair few others could fit in the class if anyone wants to take them.

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Also couldn't saber already use an axe* (I know the class is called Saber, but I can't see why they couldn't have an axe NP so long as they also had a sword, I mean Enkidu is a lancer and the oney reason for that is that his NP is loosely spear shaped [otherwise he would probably be more of an archer or a berserker class servant]) so long as they were good at using a sword I think saber implied that she might be using a axe or something other than a sword fighting Cu.

    * also it occurred to me you could totally make an archer class servant who uses axes, just make the axes hatchets and have him be bale to throw them with a fair amount of range and accuracy and you have a mid-close range archer who uses axes (plus Royd also has a point where for large double handed battle-axes they arguably could be considered little different from most pole arm weapons at that point**).

    ** which at this point has any pole arm use had something like a halberd (aside from Lu Bu's god force)

    halberd




    a bardiche

    bardiche




    or a voulge

    voulge




    Or has it just been all spears and lances at this point?
    Well i think when they can make the Profil different enough from the seven classes then i would say ist okay , but the most convincing extraclasses outside Canon until now for me are Monster and Lover , but what is about my Remainer class i would be curious About your oppinion of my invented class where even Dead Apostle could summoned .

    Also wouldd i say that all Blade weapons that are used for close Combat are Saber all Weapon users of Stave like Weapon are LAncer would i say .

    but a Class that i thought out could be is Progenitor : The class of Founders and Ancestors , People and beings that are the beggeter of species , Dynasties or similar . example wise are Qualifying These beings :Merovech , Tiamat , Genghis Khan ,Ashina etc … . How does this class is sounding ?


    Also dont Forget the most powerfull Class !

    (The) Clubber



    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFrenzy View Post
    It's just people having fun in the end, it doesn't even mean that anyone will pursue them further. But I do get it that it's not everyone's cup of tea.

    Edit: ALSO AWW YOU'RE WELCOME U GUYS ;V;
    You deserve this Howaito ! besides what do you say how do i look without my Mask ?
    Last edited by Kabalisto Koga; May 4th, 2021 at 08:57 PM.
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !
    When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...





  17. #3237
    Darkness there, and nothing more Lambda-Nu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Somewhere in this vast multiverse
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    537
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    Also dont Forget the most powerfull Class !

    (The) Clubber

    The Clubber's Class Skill is Ugabuga.
    Loser of the Legendary Jack-Off


    Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Complete.

    Servant Database (v2.0)


    CHALDEA SECURITY ORGANIZATION: AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    Singularity / Lostbelt Database


    For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets



  18. #3238
    Arthurian Sheetamatic Universe! Morg van Destro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    332
    Blog Entries
    1
    We're nearing the end of the day, so if you have anything you want to reveal before the due date, Lambda or Anju, go ahead. If not, we await with baited breath till the ninth.

  19. #3239
    Confusion Levels: Maximum Cursed by Fortuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    1999 AD: Day of Lavos
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    151
    Blog Entries
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    Also dont Forget the most powerfull Class !

    (The) Clubber



    I had to, since no-one did it yet
    The Nasuverse: Everything you know about history is wrong, people don't die when they are killed, The Archer class is not filled with Archers, and King Arthur is a Girl.

    Behold, The Halls of the Lost Souls lies before you

    1st Grail War Idea


    Servant Template and Servant Ideas for anyone's use if they wish

  20. #3240
    Darkness there, and nothing more Lambda-Nu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Somewhere in this vast multiverse
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    537
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Morg van Destro View Post
    We're nearing the end of the day, so if you have anything you want to reveal before the due date, Lambda or Anju, go ahead. If not, we await with baited breath till the ninth.
    I am doing Alter Ego Santa Jackie.
    Loser of the Legendary Jack-Off


    Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Complete.

    Servant Database (v2.0)


    CHALDEA SECURITY ORGANIZATION: AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    Singularity / Lostbelt Database


    For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets



Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •