Page 45 of 620 FirstFirst ... 35404344454647505595145545 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

AKA Leyeet massive_jojo_reference's Avatar
    I was thinking of doing a sheet on black death in a style of a plague doctor, then Covid happened. Though it would be in bad taste so i held it

Now i though about doing a John Brown sheet, yes the Abolitionist, now this happens.

Why is my Luck E-

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Do a plague doctor if you like, there's one in the Contest thread

Also Moll Cutpurse! One of my favourite historical figures and I think you've done her justice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    ​0
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 08:00 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFrenzy View Post
    Creator's comments
    I humbly offer this terrible, terrible person to this thread. She's terrible, but she's my child and I have to love her anyway. (JK NO ONE SHOULD LOVE HER.)

Anyway, thanks a lot for all the support, you guys. I seriously have no words. ;-;

SABER
    — THE CAVALIER ROGUE —

Class: Saber
    Other Classes: Assassin
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Place of Origin: England

Height: 172 cm | 5'8''
    Weight: 60 kg | 132,2 lbs

Natural Enemy: Boredom
    Attribute: Man
    Traits: Humanoid, Servant, Genderless, Weak to Enuma Elish

STRENGHT: D

ENDURANCE: D

AGILITY: A

MANA: E

LUCK: A+

NOBLE PHANTASM: C

Class Skills
    MAGIC RESISTANCE: E

Because she is a Heroic Spirit from an age where Mystery was very thin, one can hardly expect any Magic Resistance from her. As a degree of apology, she is compensated with this Skill only due to their Class container.

――Oh, but she can more than compensate for this handicap with their skills, or so it is the bottom line.

RIDING: C

Only horses can be handled with above average skill. Because she does not have an anecdote of riding anything special or worth mentioning, she receives a low rank in this Skill for a Saber.

“――Ah, alas! What can we do about that! Now, if I could have a skill about riding opportunities, things would be different... Oh, my! I know, right? That’s actually a great idea!? But, please, hold you applauses, Master, we have work to do.”

Lore
    Tudor London was the natural home of real-life rogues as colorful as any in Shakespeare’s plays. They were experts in an extensive range of confidence trickery that still lives on today in recognizable form. One of London’s most notorious roguish characters was Mary Frith.

In the guise of the semi-fictional character Moll Cutpurse, she became an urban legend in every sense of the term, encapsulating much that was exhilarating and terrifying about London life in the years when the city began its mutation from medieval city into modern metropolis. To the burghers and the zealots, she was a despicable inversion of all that was good and godly; and yet, the criminal underworld cheered her, and artists and pleasure seekers immortalized her as the personification of a town where anything was possible.

From Frith’s first appearance in the historical record, it’s clear she was trouble. In 1600, age 16, she was accused of stealing two shillings and eleven pence from a man in the Clerkenwell area of London. Two years later, she stood trial for a similar offense; in 1610, she was found not guilty of stealing ten pounds’ worth of money and jewelry in Southwark. She was then put into a ship destined to Jamestown, which in the 17th century represented the absolute opposite of London, making it the perfect place for a wayward young woman to be put back on the straight and narrow. Unsurprisingly, she escaped the ship by swimming back to the shore. The notion that Frith rejected this fate makes for a prologue to the semi-mythical figure she was about to become.

Repeated scrapes with the law would have gained any woman a degree of notoriety. What elevated Frith to celebrity status was that she conducted her criminality in men’s clothing, blurring the lines between sexes with her androgyny and never fully being a man or a woman. In 1610, not long after she’d been cleared of burglary, she was well-known enough to be the subject of a play by John Day titled The Madde Pranckes of Mery Mall of the Bankside. The following year, Thomas Middleton and Thomas Dekker had her as the eponymous lead of their celebrated play, The Roaring Girl.

The play seems to have been a hit; it cemented Moll Cutpurse in London’s cast of totemic characters. Loved, loathed, and constantly talked about, Frith capitalized on her notoriety by making an appearance at the end of a 1611 performance of The Roaring Girl, at the Fortune Playhouse, dressed as a man, carrying a sword, and dancing a jig. Her exhibitionism didn’t go unpunished, though, and she was arrested and sent to Bridewell Prison.

Until 1624, when she disappeared from official records, there are several accounts about her marriage to a screenwriter (but they all agree that it was most definitely for personal gain, no more than a charade, so to counter when suits against her referred to her as a “spinster”, an unmarried woman. It also allowed her to profit off her taboo-buster fame in the theaters) and of occasionally partaking in minor felonies.

Her finest criminal hour came when she took to the roads as a highway robber during the years of the Civil War and Commonwealth. She shot General Fairfax’s servants’ horses and robbed him of 250 gold coins. This was the crime for which she ended in Newgate Prison, from which she is said to have released herself via a very large bribe of £2,000.00!

Somewhere around this time, she was also committed to a mental asylum, but released two years later, and though it’s unclear under what circumstances she was committed, it surely had something to do with her willful nonconformism. She died in 1659 and was (surprisingly) mourned by the people as London had just lost an unique rebellious spirit.

Personal Skills
    JEWEL OF THE SLUMS: A

A woman that made the underbellies of a growing city her own home, amidst thieves and prostitutes and other renegade characters, she is someone adept of the larcenous arts and all what is needed for that. A polished diamond that did not inherited any natural talent for the cunning arts, and rather made it blossom from hard work. Such dedication became a composite-type of Skill that combines a myriad of benefic effects for either reconnaissance or the perfect crime.

It combines―but not necessarily is reduced to that―the effects of the following Skills: Presence Concealment (hides her presence as a Servant), Espionage (her presence, when noticed, fails to initially register as hostile, until she attacks a target), and Instinct (instantly identifies “the best personal course of action”. A staple ability for any criminal who want to steal anything).

“’Criminal’? Bah, do not associate me with these unsophisticated rapscallions! A criminal is not the one who commits a crime, but the one that is caught. The proper word to describe yours truly is ‘artist.’ That’s what I am.”

SELF-POSSESSION (RESTRAINT): A

The ability of not letting any harmful intention to show off until right before an act. Having reached Rank A, not a single trace of emotion ever reaches her face when it comes to whatever she is scheming――be it thieving, assassination, money laundry, world domination, human trafficking, backstabbing hacking into someone’s Wi-Fi, pretending she didn’t forgot to turn off the water faucet after going to the bathroom, and so on.

No matter what is going through her head, her overwhelmingly charismatic aura will always lead someone away from that breadcrumb trail of worrisome, but otherwise small, details…

DEFIANT STAR: B

A Servant adorned with the temperament to never remain at one location and never embrace a lord. It is easy for her to get fed up with her acquaintances in a short period of time; such is the nature of her rebellious flame, one that will inevitably burn all the bridges.

Furthermore, though she cannot ever find her own King, she cannot become a King herself. A wandering star doomed to an endless journey.

ROGUE CHARISMA: B

“Won’t you shake a poor sinner’s hand?”

A charismatic nature specifically tailored to further her criminal career. Rather than the charming talent to command an army, instead it attracts to her the people in her surroundings, thus making possible the capacity of building a personal network of associates.

Those welcomed at her inner circle of confidants are attracted to her charming and eccentric personality and spare no efforts into helping her. But at this Rank, the personal and/or monetary resources and time necessary to build such network is not taken in account.

Noble Phantasm
    “Raise the curtains, are we ready? Coming to you a-live from this beautiful stage, let us start this ever-bending performance! My, my, what a lovely audience we have here today…! I shall do my best to entertain you. ――
    Let the Show Begin
    The Roaring Girl

Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
    Range: ??
    Max. number of targets: ??

A tapping ability coming from the sea of imaginary numbers that brings forth a myriad of illogical feats. How such an unremarkable woman that had nothing to do with a magus family ever acquired such a power is another one of her mysteries――or, perhaps, her very nature as the embodiment of “everything that is unexpected” is the one responsible.

A Noble Phantasm that is not used that much… Merely because Saber herself isn’t exactly sure of its limits, and is way more found of her own methods to deal with her foes. Even then, this is her ultimate trump card―the trail’s end.

A manipulation of causality―the relationship between causes and effects―that allows Saber to decide what happens and what doesn’t, when and how. There is no need for a “why” however, as the why of something is determined by causality itself. In short, this is a Noble Phantasm that “does not need a reason to exist.” All phenomena rely on causality and because of this, the power to manipulate it naturally overrides any other power put against it. In other words, “This is where the curtains are lowered for you. Farewell.”

Even then, the applications for this unlimited ability requires precise knowledge about the desired effects, as despite for all the illogical feats that can be achieved, Saber isn’t omnipotent.

Furthermore, as a side note, she also does not take responsibility for any unwelcomed and/or disastrous outcome, either for her or for her Master! She did said she’d rather go for the kill in a less messy way.

Personality
    Likes: Smoking, Surprising her audience, Crime-solving shows.
    Dislikes: Normalcy, Too much intimacy, Being treated as a woman.
    Talents: Purse stealing, backstab――uhh, putting up a good show?

Decidedly theatrical and quite dramatic, very found of grandiose gestures and a tad of flowery language. To put simply, she is a complete show-off.

“Is the one to blame the sun for shining too brightly for a mere mortal’s eyes, I wonder?” ――See?

She prefers holding conversation with her Master or her allies in a manner similar to how a master of ceremonies would be to her audience, or as if she is in the middle of a play. Somehow, she seems to always speak to someone else, an unseen presence in the room; and yes, the Grail did supplied her with the knowledge of this famed ‘4th wall.’

Although she was known in life as a rogue―one who became one with the shadows, a discrete existence unbeknownst to any spotlight―in reality she does not enjoy any situation in which she cannot display her talents or garner praise and applause from those around her. This Servant thrives in the basking glory of furrowed brows, of gasps and mouths agape.

Saber is incapable of allying with anyone for too long, but is always sticking by the chaos. As if she is a moth about to jump into fire, the exacerbated human emotions and the sheer number of possibilities that resides in complete and chaotic anarchy are concepts quite alluring to her. She is capable of changing her allegiances with the same ease one might change their clothes, and she is incapable of feeling remorse over any betrayal that might come from these tendencies. For all her grand speeches and her warm words, behind all the friendly gestures, she is incredibly selfish; perhaps even sociopathic. In reality, it seems that she is incapable of understanding “love” in the same way normal humans do. The good news, though, is that she can be bought!

On top of all that it seems that, despite being recorded in the Throne of Heroes as a female, gender-based Skills, such as ones that charms a certain gender, mysteriously doesn't work on her...

――Also, incidentally, the reason why she was summoned under the Saber Class when all her kit screams ‘Assassin’ is quite simple: she is an entertainer. She aims to surprise. How else should she keep her audience guessing if she hadn’t meddled with her own summoning circumstances a little bit…?

... By the way, as you can see, was it already mentioned that she is also a cheater?

Craft Essence

The scent of Jasmine tea. Freshly baked scones.

The sound of a silk skirt dragged in the wooden floor.

A quiet life, embroidering a handkerchief for the one she is waiting for.

The smile of children chiming in like distant bells.

A quiet life, sewing a blanket for the baby while they sleep soundly in the other room.

A perfect life, the one a woman deserves.

A quiet life as a wife, a mother, a lady.

One look at the window, at the bustling streets.

The sudden pang of nostalgia…

The burning desire of returning to where one belongs.

“Ah…”

“――As I was afraid, there are roles not even I am able to perform…”

Aw, I see her NP is basically Gold Experience: Requiem. Yknow it's a good sheet when you see yourself going to Google to research who this Servant was.

I love this roguish Theatre kid.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Moll Cutpurse:

~~Takes a break from writing QoF to write this~~
    Moll is a very interesting person to take as a servant. The Tudor dynasty was a very interesting period in English history but given that every single one of the monarchs was Like That, other people who weren't Henry VIII, Mary I or Elizabeth I tend to unfortunately get overlooked (I myself am a victim of doing this myself) so a lesser-known-yet-still-relevant figure stands out all the more. The sheet is rather accurate to the figure and does them genuine justice with a good twist on the skills and NP. Closest thing to ""critique"" is that I'm surprised you didn't make a reference to her smoking habit she was known for - she's regarded as the 'first female smoker of England' and often depicted with a pipe.

tl;dr

White Frenzy, closest thing this thread has to a cinnamon roll:
    "JK NO ONE SHOULD LOVE HER."

Me, a CaS hasbeen, self proclaimed head of the quest Renascence and known clown:

Mary Frith: Funny thing, I first came across her while going on a Wikipedia trawl a few weeks ago and thought, "Hey, there's someone who could make for an interesting Servant." And she did. I enjoyed how you combined her rough, lawless attitude with a generous screen presence fitting of a stage actress.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by massive_jojo_reference View Post
    I was thinking of doing a sheet on black death
    Didn't know we do sheets on characters that already have a canon version.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You can, but people rarely do. (Other than a simple Class change anyways).

Typically people do it if they don't like the canon version for some reason or another. I know I have one or two in the pipeline for that reason.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    tfw I like a canon version of a character, but I like mine too lol

So, mental gymnastic and fortunate circumstance allows me to treat the character as the older version

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Also Moll Cutpurse! One of my favourite historical figures and I think you've done her justice.
    Thank you thank you! She was amazing (and frankly, completely nuts) so I'm glad I could translate if only a bit of that in this sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cursed by Fortuna View Post
    As for WhiteFrenzy Nice job with the Mary Firth/Moll Cutpruse, The idea behind the servant and her abilities is definitely interesting and while her noble phantasm is a bit powerful, much like Enki it balances out as there are some limitations on it. Oddly it kinda reminds me of the idea I had in a possible Fanfic (which I have yet to put to publish) of mine where I explained the 4th as a self-containing mystery which was capable of doing theoretically almost anything (anything which remained as a mystery and held power as such), except that due to it's nature (think if someone were able to somehow instinctively know the answer to questions like "if a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound") they literally have no understanding of how their own magic even works, or what it is fully capable of. Either way, neat concept on the noble phantasm
    Aww, thank you very much! Yes, I think her NP is way too much for someone like her, but as you said, the good (or bad?) side is that she has no idea what to do with her own power, which is...somewhat comforting. In the hands of a more capable Servant, that'd be bad news. She only thinks of thievery or being the main character, so that's something hahaha. I'm happy that you liked her kit and her character anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by NittyGritty View Post
    Aw, I see her NP is basically Gold Experience: Requiem. Yknow it's a good sheet when you see yourself going to Google to research who this Servant was.

I love this roguish Theatre kid.
    Oh damn, now I know what this NP was reminding me of! You're right, she is totes ripping off Giorno here hahah. Also "theatre kid" oh my god you're spot on, she'd so be a Sharpay Evans in a normal-life AU.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    Moll Cutpurse:

~~Takes a break from writing QoF to write this~~
    Moll is a very interesting person to take as a servant. The Tudor dynasty was a very interesting period in English history but given that every single one of the monarchs was Like That, other people who weren't Henry VIII, Mary I or Elizabeth I tend to unfortunately get overlooked (I myself am a victim of doing this myself) so a lesser-known-yet-still-relevant figure stands out all the more. The sheet is rather accurate to the figure and does them genuine justice with a good twist on the skills and NP. Closest thing to ""critique"" is that I'm surprised you didn't make a reference to her smoking habit she was known for - she's regarded as the 'first female smoker of England' and often depicted with a pipe.

tl;dr

White Frenzy, closest thing this thread has to a cinnamon roll: "JK NO ONE SHOULD LOVE HER."

Me, a CaS hasbeen, self proclaimed head of the quest Renascence and known clown:
    YES I'M A SINNER I HAVE SINNED FATHER FORGIVE ME. I had this list of things I had to touch upon in her personality section or in her lore and one of the main topics was her fame as a smoking beauty, much in a "bonnie parker" vein. Be a lesson for you kids who try to write sheets in the first hours of the day: just...don't. You'll forget about important stuff. LIKE I DID.
    But apologies aside, I'm so glad that I could do this character justice in the eyes of a Tudor fan. If you've approved of this terrible girl(boy? person?) then I think my job here is done! Thank you! (A-and what did I do to deserve such praise???? Thank you again!)

Quote Originally Posted by DecieverSupreme View Post
    Mary Frith: Funny thing, I first came across her while going on a Wikipedia trawl a few weeks ago and thought, "Hey, there's someone who could make for an interesting Servant." And she did. I enjoyed how you combined her rough, lawless attitude with a generous screen presence fitting of a stage actress.
    Hah ikr! I read about her and HAD to make her into a Servant, she's such an interesting character... As you said, that mix of roguish traits but in a show-off'ish way, that's always a plus. Thank you very much for finding this rendition of her something worthy of praise, I was very happy to know that.
    Last edited by WhiteFrenzy; June 2nd, 2020 at 09:21 PM.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mary Frith:A Great Sheet Howaito ! a interesting personality i would put her in the "Gentleman thief" category as she reminds me on Kaito Kid of detective Conan somehow ,i like that yousubtile hinted that behind her facade there is also more at it seems. The only "nitpick" i have that in her Noblephantasm i would wish there would be a example of "How she uses it " to better undertanding or could you tell me a example Scenario where she use it ?

And have you seen your prompt has been already filled with their ideas (and soon also with mine he)
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Mary Frith: I don't care about what you said, I'm gonna love this walking box of surprises and you can't do anything to avoid it. Though Nitty compared her NP to GER, it reminds me more of Altair from Re:Creators and her Holopsicon, maybe because of the way it's described. Thankfully it's a watered down version, otherwise everyone would be screwed!

Also, that bond CE... right in the heart.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Caster of Loudun
    "A question, Master. Do you think it is possible to serve the Lord with the aid of demons..? Conversely, is it possible for one to commit evils while embracing the name of the Lord..? Ah, who am I kidding. The answer should've been clear ever since that day..."

Source

Before you stood a holy, yet sinister man. He wishes for nothing more but to serve the Lord, no matter how many fingers pointed to him accusingly. No matter the evils he must accept... No matter the amount of demons embracing him
    ​.

Class: Caster
    Other Classes: Berserker, Avenger

True Name: Urbain Grandier
    Alignment: Chaotic Good~Evil
    Place of Origin: France (16-17th Century)

Parameters:

STR: D
    END: D
    AGI: D
    MGI: C+ (A)
    LCK: E
    NP: A

Dislikes: Seductive women, false accusations, politics, bad priests
    Talent: Prayers, Catholic sacraments, black magic
    Natural Enemy: Cardinal Richelieu, Kirei Kotomine, Kiara Sessyoin, Matthew Hopkins
    Armament: Spellbook, magecraft, black keys
    Catalyst: A demonic contract sealed underneath the Vatican
    Class Skills
    Territory Creation

The skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus, such as for the purpose of collecting mana. Caster is capable of creating a small "chapel" where he conducts his daily prayers. The effectiveness of his sacraments are also slightly increased if performed within this chapel.

Item Construction

The skill to manufacture magical items, from implements of war to items for daily use. Caster mainly uses this skill to produce the materials required for church sacraments. Yet it is also possible for him to create and imbue items with black magic, allowing him to perform certain rituals.

Personal Skills
    Innocent Monster

An attribute possessed by Servants whose true history and existence have been distorted by the monstrous reputations and gossips they accrued across the course of their life and thereafter, without concern for the actual person's will or appearance. Caster's Saint Graph was twisted by accusations of witchcraft, satanism, and black magic. This grants him access to powers associated with the demons he supposedly made a pact with. Yet while his hatred and the effects of innocent monster should have forced him to become a vengeful Avenger or Berserker, something unexpected happened;

Caster resisted the changes brought upon by this skill.

It was the sole reason Caster can be summoned under this particular class; he managed to resist the demons' influences solely through his devotion towards the Lord. Even if the likes of Lucifer, Satan, Beelzebub, Astaroth, and Asmodeus stood by his side, he refuses to be led astray, as a devoted man of God. Even as a Servant, he still conducts his daily prayers and fervently wishes for repentance for his existence. This devotion granted this skill a negative modifier, a rare case where the negative actually means a good thing. Unfortunately, even his devotion cannot protect him forever; Caster's alignment is highly unstable, and depending on his experiences, he may gradually succumb to the darkness, resorting to more brutal and extreme methods to enact his sense of justice.

Purification Sacrament

A skill denoting mastery in certain purification rites, similar to exorcism. By performing these rites, it is possible to cleanse the target from mental debuffs. At this rank, it is also possible for Caster to cleanse the target from other things deemed "abnormal" to the human body, such as certain poison and curses. However, due to the effects of innocent monster, Caster must routinely perform these rites on himself to cleanse his mind from his... darker impulses. Due to the pact he allegedly signed with demons, its effectiveness is gradually reduced if used in rapid succession.

Trouble with Women (Asmodeus)

An attractive young man, it was said that many women, some of them nuns, fell for Caster's charms. Yet as a man of the cloth, Caster remains devoted to his God and rejected their advances. Then one day, one of these women came forward and accused Caster of conjuring the demon Asmodeus to seduce and defile her body. This accusation was quickly followed further accusations of witchcraft, satanism, and black magic, finally ending with Caster's death, executed by burning. While Caster himself is moderately attractive, this skill is influenced by innocent monster, allowing the spirit of Asmodeus to conjure something akin to a powerful charm spell within Caster's surroundings, greatly increasing this skill's rank. Caster normally tries to suppress this skill, yet unfortunately, he doesn't seem to have much control over it, making this skill more akin to a curse.

Noble Phantasm(s)
    Bound in Hell, the Council of Demons
    Pacte Diabolique des Démons

Type: Anti-City
    Range: 1-500
    Max Targets: 1000

The manifestation of the diabolical pact that Caster allegedly signed with the princes of hell. While Caster himself cannot fully manifest these demons, he is able to manifest a portion of their authorities. Using these authorities, Caster recreates the events tied to the Loudun possessions within an entire city; he could conjure a deadly plague, or instill large-scale fear and paranoia within its citizens. After either of these two conditions are invoked, Caster gains access to more advanced black magic, allowing him to manifest wraiths, curses, and mind controlling abilities (although Servants with mental fortification skills may resist this effect). As a more defensive application of this Noble Phantasm, the demons' authorities also allow Caster's body to dissolve into serpents and insects upon receiving fatal damage, allowing him to emerge unscathed from such attacks. Upon reaching this state, perhaps in a show of complete irony, Caster can only be harmed by attacks containing holy attributes or church sacraments. Despite its immense power, it goes without saying that Caster despises this Noble Phantasm. After all, if he was willing to kill hundreds or throw an entire city into chaos, who's to say he couldn't do worse? Who's to say he truly didn't commit the evils he was accused of? And what does that say to him as a holy man?

Description
    Caster's True Name is Urbain Grandier, a French priest and executor accused of witchcraft from the town of Loudun.

Despite the constant sinister and menacing aura around him, Caster actually conducts himself as a pious man of the cloth. He is soft-spoken, friendly towards children, and deeply sympathizes with victims of false accusations. Despite influence from the demons, he remains deeply religious and conducts daily prayers, occasionally offering to give sacraments to those who need it. His piousness partially comes from desire for repentance. He acknowledges that what happened to him in life was not his own fault, but he remains fearful of the day he might succumb to his darker impulses and go off the deep end. For that reason, he continuously prays so that he may keep the evils at bay without ever losing himself in the process.

Due to his experiences in life, Caster despises false accusations. He cares little for politics within the church and wished only to serve God in peace. Yet even that simple wish could not be granted, as he was dragged into a conspiracy for prioritizing his people's needs and opposing his superiors. Above all else, he hates corrupt priests, those who use the name of God to further their own political agenda. After all, according to him, "If I can still devote myself to the Lord even in this godforsaken state, you have no excuse not to do the same, to serve your people in the name of the Lord". If he were to encounter such an individual, he would not hesitate to kill them, believing such actions to be the "justice" he never got in life. It cannot be determined for certain whether his more... extreme measures are a result of the demons' influence, or if Caster truly possesses those feelings deep down.

Caster is normally reluctant to fight in a Holy Grail War, as he detests the bloodshed and believes that the war "brings out the worst in both himself and others". Yet if he were somehow able to obtain a Grail without succumbing to his darker side, he would wish to be permanently cleansed from the demons in his body. On the other hand, if he succumbed to his darker side, it is most likely that he would wish to enact vengeance against the church who condemned him to his fate, possibly by releasing the demons into the world.

Lore
    Urbain Grandier (1590-1634) was a French Catholic priest presiding over the town of Loudun. Unknown to history, he was also a skilled church executor who secretly protected Loudun from threats both mundane and supernatural. Yet in the end, what fell him was not the wrath of a powerful beast nor the machinations of a dead apostle; it was the hands of his fellow men.

Born to a relatively well-off family in the French countryside, Grandier joined the church as a teenager, and by his early twenties, he was already a well-respected preacher, both within the church and the community. He was known as a good-looking, wealthy, and educated man. It was said that many women approached him due to his looks and status, but he rejected their advances, as he had already devoted his life to God. An eloquent and popular preacher, he incurred the envy of other local monks.

Tragedy struck in around 1630; in its continuing efforts to consolidate and centralize power, the French Crown ordered the walls around Loudun, a town in Poitou, France, to be demolished. The populace were of two minds concerning this. The Huguenots (Protestants), for the most part, wanted to keep the walls, while the Catholics supported the monarchy. In May 1632, an outbreak of the plague in Loudun claimed many lives. Together, the events contributed to an atmosphere of anxiety and apprehension in the divided town.

Disagreeing with the Crown's rampant desire for power, Grandier protested the wall's demolition, much to the disagreement of his peers. For the next few month's, Grandier continued his protests, amassing a relatively large group of followers...

Then the accusations started.

It started with one woman, a nun whose advances Grandier had rejected before. She claimed that Grandier had summoned the demon Asmodeus to seduce and defile her. Then another. And another. Due to the town's already anxious and fearful environment, many others quickly jumped on the bandwagon, each report further increasing their paranoia and hastening their judgment. Soon after, claims of other "strange" activities were also attributed to Grandier, with some people claiming they saw him conducting black masses and satanic rituals, summoning demons, and allowing these demons to possess the townspeople.

While the accusations perhaps started from one scorned woman's attempt at revenge, the conspiracy actually ran even deeper; modern historians theorized that the initial accusations received support from the church from behind the scenes. The secret movement was led by Cardinal Richelieu, Grandier's superior who disagreed with Grandier's decision in maintaining the wall, and had possibly received bribes from the Crown to surrender the town to them. Grandier reported these accusations to the church, but of course, his words fell on deaf ears. Grandier was put on trial on May 1634.

The trial was, for lack of a better term, chaos; a clear display of miscarriage of justice. The juries were heavily biased, the prosecution, backed by the church, brought forth questionable witnesses, and the court accepted all sorts of dubious "evidence", including vague testimonies and "demonic" appliances. Among these so-called evidence was a contract signed between Grandier and the Seven Princes of Hell; Lucifer, Mammon, Asmodeus, Leviathan, Beelzebub, Satan, and Belphegor. Of course, these documents can be easily falsified, yet for the paranoid townspeople and the church out for blood, they may as well have been the "truth".

And so, Urbain Grandier was sentenced to death by burning. Before his execution, the church asked if he would name any accomplices in exchange for his freedom, yet Grandier, refusing to let the church condemn anyone else, remained silent. Finally, Grandier was burned at the stake. It was said that he carried his rosary with him, and uttered prayers as the flames consumed him. Soon after, believing that his goals were accomplished, Cardinal Richelieu terminated the investigations concerning the incidents at Loudun.

Relationships
    Abigail Williams:
    "...I see, in the end, you were also used by adults in their schemes, under the guise of "God"... No, I cannot hate you. You have my deepest sympathies, my child. Would you like to pray together?"

Saints:
    "A-Ah, no, I... I think I'll keep my distance. As much as I respect them, I believe my appearance is unbecoming to stand before them."

Gilles de Rais (Saber):
    "You are deeply disturbed knowing the monster you could become... Yet despite your fears, you still try to walk under the grace of God. I know the feeling all too well."

Kiara Sessyoin:
    "Gah, a promiscuous nun!? N-No, I apologize, Master, I just had an... unpleasant flashback. Um,I recommend her to keep her distance. After all, if she ever gets to close, I... I don't know what I could do, ufufu."

Cardinal Richelieu:
    "Ah, how sinful, I shouldn't resort to murder. Such obscene, depraved thought should never cross my mind... However... Is it not also my God-given duty to dispose of blasphemers who uttered His name in vain? Ufu, ufufufu, yes, this is no senseless murder. this is... Justice."

Creator's Notes
    We... really don't have much decent priests in the Nasuverse, do we? So far we have Kirei who is... Kirei, Sancraid Phahn who's just as shady, Amakusa and his idea of salvation, and Risei who still got himself involved in dubious deals with Tokiomi at best. So have this creepy-yet-ultimately-pure priest. I originally planned him as a rather generic Avenger who gained demonic powers through innocent monster and sought revenge against the church, but I feel like this more conflicted side of him is more interesting. All in all, he's just as friendly as he claims to be... as long as you don't push his buttons and increase his "dark"-meter too much.

Blog Entries
    Wow, that's a really good Grandier.
    The Adventure of the Velvet Room (Sherlock Holmes/Persona) (SB, FFN, AO3)

Blog with all of my Servants so far.

Blog Entries
    Grandier :Mhm * nods* good servant BnEl15 ! Solid Concept and a nice Detail is that he is in comparison to the other servants which possess Innocent Monster is that he is Aware of the effects the skill has on him .

please tell me how would be his personality and Noblephantasm be different in his other Classes ? and i think as he is a French priest should have a line for Jeanne and im curious how is his oppinion to non Christs ?

i am curious what he would think of my Dante Alighieri or my Thales?

besides:Your contest Sister servant is also quite good but man you were fast i must admit .

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    As a Berserker or Avenger, he would just fully accept the effects of innocent monster, granting the skill a higher rank and allowing him to perform more demonic spells/rituals, making him stronger but also more unstable. NP is almost the same, just considerably stronger since he's much less willing to hold back and restrain his power. His line for Jeanne is the same as the other saints; he respects her, but is unsure if he should approach her in his state. Other than that, he's pretty chill around non-Christians, as long as they don't abuse their powers like Richelieu did. Respecting other beliefs are part of his teachings, after all.

besides:Your contest Sister servant is also quite good but man you were fast i must admit .
    Haha, the time I need to finish one Servant sheet can range anywhere between weeks (due to procrastination) to less than 24 hours, if I'm really interested in the character and have a clear concept on what they'd be like in my head.
    Last edited by BnEl15; June 4th, 2020 at 12:34 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    As a Berserker or Avenger, he would just fully accept the effects of innocent monster, granting the skill a higher rank and allowing him to perform more demonic spells/rituals, making him stronger but also more unstable. NP is almost the same, just considerably stronger since he's much less willing to hold back and restrain his power. His line for Jeanne is the same as the other saints; he respects her, but is unsure if he should approach her in his state. Other than that, he's pretty chill around non-Christians, as long as they don't abuse their powers like Richelieu did. Respecting other beliefs are part of his teachings, after all.
    In either case a good servant i must say and what would he do to Kirei i wonder now? and im curious how he would see my Dante as he saw through the lies of the "official church" and saw the truth of the World .

Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    Haha, the time I need to finish one Servant sheet can range anywhere between weeks (due to procrastination) to less than 24 hours, if I'm really interested in the character and have a clear concept on what they'd be like in my head.
    I know what you mean as there are servants on which i am working where i Need some weeks to make development and then are some like in the case of Milon which i had in two days finished.

and besides have you seen my Dante i would be curious how you find him as he is one of my proudest works ?
    Last edited by Kabalisto Koga; June 4th, 2020 at 03:28 PM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    "For the sake of the children's smiles, Angelic Rider has arrived! Now... prepare for destruction, evildoer!"

Servant Rider:

Appearance:

True Name: Sandalphon

Alignment: Lawful Good

Alternate Classes: Caster, Ruler, Alter-Ego

Strength- B+
    Agility- A+
    Endurance- A
    Mana- A++
    Luck- A++
    NP- EX

Personality
    Rider is a very campy, bombastic and cheerful individual. Despite being an Archangel he acts more like a sentai-styled hero, posing dramatically and giving corny speeches about love and justice.

This is because Rider realized that children in the modern age don't have as much faith in angels anymore. Instead, superheroes are the ones children look up to and believe in. To continue being a hero to children as he was in ages past, Rider embraces his newfound role with aplomb.

As mentioned, being the patron angel of children Rider cares deeply for them. He acts very kindly and gently around children, even letting them ride around on his divine motorcycle. Conversely he'd be infuriated at anyone who'd harm an innocent child, which is one of the few cases Rider drops his normally boisterous demeanour and shows true rage. Rider also dislikes edgy anti-heroes, believing them to be poor role-models who guide the children astray. He enjoys music and often spends his free time composing "theme songs" for himself.

Relationships/Reactions:

Elijah: "Ah, how nostalgic meeting my old self again... I can see you are still an impetuous and temperamental man with much to learn. But worry not, someday your doubts and bitterness will all wash away, and you will assume your rightful place beside the Lord. I look forward to seeing that moment."

Atalante: "A world where all children can be happy... yes, that truly is a beautiful dream. However, you must take care to be a proper role-model to them as well. And that means not staining yourself in blood even to fulfill such a kind wish."

Kintoki (Rider): "You also possess a divine motorcycle. Excellent. Care for a race my friend?"

Edmond Dantes: "No. No no no. This is far too unacceptable. Wallowing in darkness and speaking of vengeance as you do, how could you ever hope to set an example for the children?! Mr. 'dark hero' I'm sorry to say I will have to discipline you harshly to set you back on the proper path."

St. Martha
    : "That ferocity yet gentleness, those fists of fury that smite evil... yes, you too are worthy of being called a 'hero of justice'. I'm heard that you're capable of wrestling even an angel of destruction into submission, so I'd be honored to test my fists against yours in a sparring match. What say you young lady?"

Avicebron: "I admire your dedication to your holy craft, but... you would stoop to sacrificing even innocent children?! That is too unforgivable. I'm afraid I have no choice... but to wipe out your very existence from this world!"

Shuten-Douji
    : "Young girls shouldn't go out dressed like that. It's simply improper. Here, you can have my cape to cover up. Hoh, what do you mean 'I'm not a child'? ...Gah, why are you biting me?!"

Likes: children, music, "love and justice", his motorcycle
    Dislikes: edgy anti-heroes, those who'd harm children, evildoers of every streak, dissonant tones
    Talents: everything needed for a superhero
    Natural Enemy: Samael

Class Skills:

Riding- A+
    The ability to ride animals and handle vehicles. At this rank, all mounts can be handled and ridden at an exceptional degree of skill, even Phantasmal and Divine Beasts.

Having ridden up to heaven in a chariot of fire, he naturally boasts a high rank in this Skill.

Magic Resistance- EX
    Confers protection against magical effects. As an emanation of Yahweh, Rider's very existence rejects Magecraft on principle. Even the strongest Magecraft will utterly fail at piercing Rider's defenses. Only mysteries at the level of True Magic are remotely capable of affecting him.

However as it's only evading and not dispersing the Magecraft, Rider alone will be unscathed against a wide-scale area-of-effect spell. Since a superhero protects civilians before anything else, Rider will sometimes willfully cancel his own immense resistance to absorb the damage of spells in his own body so they don't end up catching innocent bystanders.

"Just say NO to Magecraft!"

Personal Skills:

Angelic Divine Hero Core- B
    The absolution of body and mind attained by a true superhero. Comprises the rigorous training needed to maintain his heroic build ("Eat your vegetables, kids!"), and the mental clarity to see through any excuses or deceptions evildoers might offer. As a full Archangel Rider would normally possess Angelic Divine Core at rank EX, but he's forcibly rebranded it to reflect his newfound designation as a "superhero" instead of an "angel".

This alteration of his saint graph has also caused the Skill to be ranked down.

Mana Burst (Flames)- B+
    The anecdote of Rider ascending to heaven in a fiery chariot sublimated into a Personal Skill. Rider can wreathe his fists or feet in holy flames, boosting melee damage and even letting him expel them from his feet as a form of jet-propulsion. Rider can even wrap his whole body in these flames, likening him to a walking conflagration. However out of fear that such appearance would "scare the children" he usually refuses to use this form. As the physical manifestation of his burning zeal to strike down evil, the fire produced by this Skill deals additional damage against Evil-aligned and demonic individuals.

"Hoh, why am I not burned by these flames you ask? That's because the fire in my heart burns even hotter!"

Guardian Of Children- A+

Rider is the Archangel tasked with protecting children, both in the womb and as they mature through life. As such when defending children, Rider receives bonus modifiers to all his stats. The more children put their hopes and faith in Rider, the stronger he becomes. In the case of Servants and other beings who may possess childish forms without technically being such, this Skill will activate only if Rider himself perceives them as "children".

Protection Of The Music God (Theme Song)- B
    Denotes the divine protection of one revered as an Archangel of music and harmony. Makes possible to distinguish all kinds of sounds and play a masterful music performance. Furthermore, plus modifiers are applied to the exercise of music Magecraft. One of Rider's titles was "
    Hazzan
    Master of Heavenly Songs
    ", declaring that he was the one who lead the divine choirs in hymns of devotion to the Almighty. As such he exercises a high rank in this Skill.

However, upon embracing his role as a "superhero" Rider has heavily modified this Skill. It's now expressed through special speakers built into his divine-mechanical armor. When he enters battle these speakers begin to blare, belting out a lively and heroic tune that rouses the hearts of allies and strikes fear into evildoers. Basically, this Skill gives Rider a "theme song". It has no mechanical effects besides merely being catchy however.

Noble Phantasms
    Merkava Seraphim
    Empyrean Steel Beast

Type
    : Anti-Army

The chariot Rider's mortal self ascended to heaven in. Since chariots aren't in vogue nowadays, Rider has remodelled it into a form more suited to capturing the hearts of children. This Noble Phantasm now takes the form of a white, red and gold divine motorcycle strewn all along its surface with prayers to Yahweh in gleaming angelic script. The motorcycle's wheels are actually Ophanim, angels that manifest as flaming wheels covered in eyes and with wings lining their outer edges.

Though its appearance has been modified, the bike is still a peerless Divine Construct gifted to Rider by Yahweh Himself. When Rider revs up the engine it can travel at immense speeds that'd make the finest motor vehicles of the human world blush, capable of reducing a distance of several miles to zero in an instant. Furthermore this Noble Phantasm isn't limited to just traversing the ground but can zoom across water or molten magma like a jetski, and even soar through the air.

The motorcycle is constantly surrounded by a blazing halo-like aura. If anyone save Rider himself tries to sit in it they'd be rebuked by divine flame, suffering the damage of an A-ranked attack. However Rider can bypass this by freely offering certain individuals (like children) to share a ride with him.

This Noble Phantasm has an additional technique that is only shown when its true name is released. Upon doing so, Rider kicks the motorcycle's engine into overdrive and performs a mighty ramming charge at the enemy. As it tears through the air the flames wrapping the bike begin to grow and glow brighter. Eventually they coalesce into the image of a giant blazing chariot, this Noble Phantasm's original form. Trailing behind it are a procession of angels visible in the flickering fire. At this point the motorcycle/chariot crashes into the opponent, creating a huge explosion.

Rider calls out this attack as "
    Galgallin Overdrive
    Charge Of Heavenly Procession
    " and it in itself is an A+ ranked Noble Phantasm.

As invoking this ability overclocks the bike's engine, it temporarily enters a "burn-out" state after use. For the next 48 hours this Noble Phantasm is unusable, forcing Rider to rely on other means of getting around instead. Being a Divine Construct the engine can refuel itself merely by being exposed to the rays of the sun, but that still takes two full days.

Tefilah Areg
    Oh Humans, Lend Me Thy Prayers

Type: Anti-Evil

A Noble Phantasm crystallizing Rider's status as the angel who gathers the prayers of humans, weaves them together into a garland and sends them up as an orb to the supreme King. By invoking its true name Rider can gather the "hopes" and "prayers" of all living humans in his surroundings. The prayers manifest as glowing wisps of white-golden light that flit through the air before converging in spiralling streams above Rider's head.

At first the wisps swirl together into the form of a giant flowering wreath made of shimmering light, before expanding into a fiery orb. Rider then hurls the orb at his opponent. Upon impact the combined energy releases all at once in a colossal burst like a supernova, totally obliterating the enemy. This is Rider's ultimate attack and "finishing move". Given his merciful personality he'll usually give his opponents an opportunity to surrender before unleashing it, but against a truly vile villain or one he absolutely can't defeat with his normal strength Rider won't hesitate in going all-out with his mightiest blow.

As it's born from mankind's hopes this Noble Phantasm will only damage entities that are evil to humanity. Although boasting destructive power akin to a megaton bomb the blast will leave totally untouched any buildings or innocent bystanders, only harming Rider's opponent. For that reason however it's unusable against Good-aligned individuals.

This Noble Phantasm also carries the key weakness that as it's fueled by human prayers its power scales sharply with human population in Rider's vicinity.

In an area with few humans around like an isolated field or desert this Noble Phantasm would only be able to muster a weak flickering blaze akin to a D or C-ranked attack. Conversely in a city or other densely populated area with plenty of humans to draw from it'll reach its full evil-annihilating might.

This Noble Phantasm's power further amplifies the more humans are aware of and actively putting their hopes and faith in Rider. In an unprecedented situation where the entire world's population is aware of Rider and counting on him to win, it could display enough power to even defeat one of the Evils of Mankind. Since this completely goes against the secrecy of Grail Wars though, it'd unlikely be of much use most of the time.

As an alternative usage Rider can also instead of throwing the orb channel its energy into his own body, wrapping him in a dazzling corona-like aura. This dramatically boosts Rider's abilities, skyrocketing all his stats beyond the limits quantifiable by a Servant container. However it only lasts for about a minute, and after that Rider would be heavily exhausted to the point of collapsing.

This Noble Phantasm likely took a rather different form originally. But Rider has modified it to better resemble the "Spirit Bomb" from a certain Japanese work of pop-culture.

So I remembered that Sandalphon is a sentai villain in Demonbane and got the idea to write up this sheet. This is definitely one of the goofiest Servants I've written up in a while, but I think I pulled it off pretty well. As usual comments and critiques would be much appreciated. Thanks for reading y'all!
    Last edited by RoydGolden; April 23rd, 2023 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Added few more reaction lines

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, I love every word of it.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Thanks, I love every word of it.
    Assuming you're replying to my sheet... thanks man!