Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 165661646566
Results 1,301 to 1,313 of 1313

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

I'm glad you enjoyed Saber Peter, @RoydGolden. Peter does have an...interesting personality, one that's both charming and disturbing once you take a closer look. I was originally having trouble designing Saber since she doesn't really have any sword-focused parts of her legend, but once I came up with Hero's Reward and the noble phantasms, everything seemed to come together.

Thanks for pointing out the issue with the Flying skill, by the way. I included Flying as a skill in all the other class templates for Peter, with varying ranks, so I'll need to look at revising them.
    Last edited by Cataquack Warrior; August 9th, 2020 at 07:45 PM.

Hey! Are you ready to go? RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    "Servant Berserker at your service Master. You trust me, right? Good. Now, let's create a 'better world' together..."

Servant Berserker:

Appearance: Being a concept rather than a person Berserker has no true appearance. Upon summoning he passively molds himself into his Master's image of an "ideal older brother". For instance, if summoned by Ilyasviel he'd borrow the shape of Shirou Emiya. The only commonality to Berserker's appearances is that everything about him, from his clothes to his hair and eyes, is always black-and-white, as if he were plucked out of an old photograph.

True Name: Big Brother

Alignment: Lawful Evil

Alternate Classes: Caster, Watcher

Strength- D
    Agility- C+
    Endurance- EX
    Mana- C
    Luck- A+
    NP- A

Personality
    Mild-mannered and caring, anyone interacting with Berserker would be left with the impression of a trustworthy and reliable elder brother. Only the most astute souls would be able to notice something faintly unsettling in Berserker's words, as if his very demeanor were merely acting out a script.

In reality Berserker is a hollow person, who feels nothing but the insatiable lust for power. As an avatar of the concept "Totalitarianism" Berserker is simply driven to obtain as much power for himself as possible. He seeks power not for any thought of what he'd do with it, or even personal enjoyment. Rather, it's just something he does because it's the only thing he knows how to. For Berserker, manipulating others and discarding them is something no different than breathing, a menial task he does absolutely without emotion.

As one whose only goal is to stand at the top of the world, Berserker fundamentally hates the idea of anyone else having power over him. One of the only things that awakens any emotion in Berserker is the thought that other people are manipulating him, which can make him erupt in a seething fury. Berserker swallows his pride to work with a Master in the Grail War, recognizing he has no choice but to rely on them to win. But he'll still make it his first priority to manipulate his Master into being his slavish pawn...

One of the key contradictions of Berserker's existence is the fact that, while he seeks to gain power and define his own fate, he's ultimately bound to carrying out the role foisted on him by his concept. His longing to rule stems not out of personal desire, but merely from his nature as an embodiment of totalitarianism. He's ultimately a tragic figure, tangled in the same strings he uses to puppeteer others.

If Berserker could somehow be convinced to accept this (which is unlikely given how arrogant he is normally), his psyche would almost assuredly collapse from selfcontradiction. Perhaps, the need to rethink his own existence could spur Berserker to become more than just what he was created to be, his own person rather than a faceless avatar of totalitarian ideology. But that would be a one-in-a-million possibility just like wishing on a star...

Berserker's wish on the Holy Grail is an exceedingly simple one. To rule over the whole world and everyone in it. That's the only wish someone like him could come up with. If he were somehow given the chance to develop more and gain a sense of self, Berserker's wish would likely become: "To be reborn as a human, not a concept, so that I can choose my own path in life."

Dislikes: being manipulated, contradictions of his own nature
    Talent: brainwashing
    Natural Enemy: George Orwell

Class Skills:

Mad Enhancement- EX
    A Skill that characterizes the Berserker Class. Raises parameters in return for a loss of sanity and/or hindering mental capacities. All parameters are ranked up, but most of one's reason is lost. Berserker's mind is seemingly unaffected by this Skill, as he's able to speak clearly and even charmingly despite his lack of sanity. This is because Berserker's madness manifests in overwhelming obsession with a single concept, that is, totalitarian rule.

Berserker is completely fixated on ruling over all others and dominating them to his will. Absolutely all his words and actions are calculated to achieve that end, to the point where Berserker can be considered to lack a true self beyond his lust for power, which isn't even his own but merely implanted in him by the concept he embodies.

Personal Skills:

Indoctrinating Charisma- A+
    A variant Charisma Skill Berserker possesses as a symbol of totalitarianism. Berserker's presence exerts an unnatural mental pressure in others to do as he asks and perceive him as trustworthy.

This effect is heightened if the target possesses a Lawful Alignment, since Berserker embodies the concept of absolute lawful authority taken to extremes. Conversely if the target has a Chaotic or Neutral Alignment they'll find it much easier to break free of Berserker's compulsion.

Conceptual Existence- EX
    A Skill expressing one's nature as an abstract concept given form rather than a particular person from history or myth. Berserker was coined by the writer George Orwell as a personification of the totalitarian state. As a concept that was never born and can never truly die so long as the concept "Totalitarianism" remains in the World, Berserker is greatly resistant to any physical damage.

Ordinary attacks like punches and sword-slashes- even those carried out by Servants- are mostly unable to affect Berserker's essence but will only leave grazing wounds on his spiritual body. However, Berserker can still be hurt normally by purely conceptual attacks and Magecrafts with no material form. He's especially vulnerable to attacks that enforce concepts of "Freedom", "Independence" or suchlike, which burn at him like crosses to a vampire.

Noble Phantasms
    Phantom Arm Of The Surveillance State

Type: Anti-City

A crystallization of the concept Berserker represents, the invisible, all-powerful and omnipresent totalitarian state. By invoking this Noble Phantasm Berserker can summon the "arms" of the totalitarian state, the Thought-Police, as his minions. These Thought-Police take the form of faceless, shadowy figures clad in riot gear that emerge from Berserker's own shadow. Devoid of emotion or intelligence, they're mere mindless shades that follow Berserker's orders. But they're still capable of acting independently once given an order.

While far below the level of a Servant, the Thought-Police are still strong enough to easily overpower ordinary humans. However their true worth lies in spying rather than brute-force. Each Thought-Policeman possesses the Skills Presence Concealment at rank D and Territory Infringement at rank C to let them infiltrate places unnoticed and surveil on their targets. My merging them back into his own shadow Berserker is capable of viewing all the visual data they've gathered, perusing it at will like a security-feed.

Berserker can only summon 12 Thought-Police at a time before the Mana cost becomes too high. But if some are killed he can simply spawn new ones to replace them.

The Thought-Police can also plant "bugs" that attach themselves to any sort of electronic or information device like computers, phones, cellphones etc. These "bugs" take the form of chitinous black beetles about the size of a coin with dark purple circuitboard-like designs along their shells. Upon attaching themselves to any kind of communication device, they can remotely transmit any information it sends to Berserker. The bugs also turn invisible after latching on, and can only be sensed by those having a heightened magical sense or Servants with Skills lending unnatural discernment like Presence Detection and Natural Insight.

Room 101
    Within This Room, Is The Worst Thing In The World

Type: Anti-Unit, Anti-Mind

The worst punishment for those who continue defying Big Brother, to be confronted by one's greatest fear made manifest. By making eye-contact with someone and invoking this Noble Phantasm's true name, Berserker can imprison them in a Reality Marble defined by their worst fear.

Berserker himself can't control what's in the Reality Marble, because it passively manifests the target's own fears. It can take the form of something simple like a swarm of rats crawling up to the target to devour them, or a more emotional fear like their loved ones dying right in front of them. Once trapped inside the Reality Marble the only way to break out is for the opponent to muster the will to overcome their own fear. This is made easier if the enemy possesses a Bravery Skill.

As a weakness, Berserker is unable to invoke this Noble Phantasm unless he knows the target's fear beforehand. As such he'll have to spend some time observing the target, usually through his first Noble Phantasm, to build a psychological profile of them before being able to utilize it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know I said I wouldn't be posting up more sheets in a while but I felt inspiration just to finish off this last one. Not so sure about this one. His personality ended up a bit one-note (though that was kind of inevitable given the concept, and I tried to flesh him out a bit) and I couldn't think of a good third Skill for him. Still, I can't figure how I'd improve on it so I decided might as well post it up here.

As usual, comments and critiques would be welcome. Thanks for reading y'all!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cataquack Warrior View Post
    I'm glad you enjoyed Saber Peter, @RoyalGolden. Peter does have an...interesting personality, one that's both charming and disturbing once you take a closer look. I was originally having trouble designing Saber since she doesn't really have any sword-focused parts of her legend, but once I came up with Hero's Reward and the noble phantasms, everything seemed to come together.

Thanks for pointing out the issue with the Flying skill, by the way. I included Flying as a skill in all the other class templates for Peter, with varying ranks, so I'll need to look at revising them.
    It's RoydGolden, actually (you wouldn't be the first whose made that mistake, serves me right I guess for picking a needlessly obscure username), but thanks. Glad to know I could help. And I just realized she and my Don Quixote could get along like butter and toast having all sorts of magical adventures together...

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Big Brother: 1984 was not an instruction manual. But that being said, this is better than any other instance of people mistaking that book for an instruction manual. The mechanics are very unique and just about everything about it makes it into a very disturbing Servant. Honestly, I like it, even if it being a walking homage to 1984 causes me to feel a strong sense of revulsion towards it. Dunno if that was intention or if that's just my personal distaste for 1984.

Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Complete.

Servant Database (v2.0)

AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    Singularity / Lostbelt Database

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambda-Nu View Post
    Big Brother: 1984 was not an instruction manual. But that being said, this is better than any other instance of people mistaking that book for an instruction manual. The mechanics are very unique and just about everything about it makes it into a very disturbing Servant. Honestly, I like it, even if it being a walking homage to 1984 causes me to feel a strong sense of revulsion towards it. Dunno if that was intention or if that's just my personal distaste for 1984.
    When you say you dislike 1984, do you mean you don't like it because of the content (i.e that it depicts a horrible totalitarian state) or how it's written? If the latter I'm curious what you feel is wrong or badly written about it. Obviously it can be a somewhat unpleasant read, but that's not really fair to hold against the work given it's meant to be a cautionary tale against the horrors of totalitarianism. In any case, I'm glad you liked my sheet.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    When you say you dislike 1984, do you mean you don't like it because of the content (i.e that it depicts a horrible totalitarian state) or how it's written? If the latter I'm curious what you feel is wrong or badly written about it. Obviously it can be a somewhat unpleasant read, but that's not really fair to hold against the work given it's meant to be a cautionary tale against the horrors of totalitarianism. In any case, I'm glad you liked my sheet.
    The former, though I do know that it's the entire point of the book.

Servant Database (v2.0)

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Sheet is good but it should probably go in the fictional/literary Servant thread

リビングデッド Living Dead
    Blog Entries
    Okay, so I know I haven't been around for a while (life is super hectic right now), but man did I miss a lot of good sheets! I really like the Big Brother sheet! laways nice to see concepts being personified into Servants.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    Sheet is good but it should probably go in the fictional/literary Servant thread
    Didn't even think of that, but the fact that Berserker is "the concept of a totalitarian state, as personified by Big Brother" rather than the "character" of Big Brother himself from the novel is my somewhat loose justification for him belonging here. Really, 1984 is such a cultural classic nowadays that I almost forgot just how recent it is...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    What is 1984 actually? I assume an book ?
    When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    Yeah, it's an old novel by George Orwell about a dystopian society.
    Feel free to look at my Servant sheets here (Now 100% fixed and viewable)

屍食鬼 Ghoul
    And as my Literature teacher used to say it likely holds the record for the most references made to a book by people who never read it.
    But honestly it's pretty good, even if a Brave New World is better and more spot on in my opinion.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mhplayer View Post
    And as my Literature teacher used to say it likely holds the record for the most references made to a book by people who never read it.
    But honestly it's pretty good, even if a Brave New World is better and more spot on in my opinion.
    I've read Brave New World and I have a love-hate relationship with it. On one hand, Huxley is a good writer and I can greatly respect his efforts in warning people about the dangers of totalitarianism. But on the other hand, it made me want to crawl out of my skin the whole time.

Ironically, I really like the SIN Lostbelt, which is very similar to Brave New World. But in my opinion, it still pales in comparison to Yuga Kshetra and Atlantis/Olympus.

Servant Database (v2.0)

Name: Hiruko/Ebisu
    Class: Berserker
    Alternate Classes: Caster
    Origin: Japanese Mythology
    Alignment: Chaotic Beutral

STR: A
    END: A++
    AGI: B
    MAG: B
    LCK: A

Story

The first child of Izanagi and Izanami, malformed and weak it failed to match any of its parent's expectations and was abandoned to die in the chaotic waters of creation not settled by the couple yet, nonetheless it struggled, nonetheless it desired to live, nonetheless it ignored the orders of it's parents and beyond all expectations it survived. Absorbing drags and leftovers off Izanagi and Izanami's formation of Nippon Hiruko forged legs and arms and thus became an wanderer of the seas. Without any goal beyond survival it drifted through the eras and lacking the presence and notorious pride of gods it never became a person of notice. However due to its quiet nature, disturbing body, brutal fighting and uncaring of the division between gods it would eventually fight with the gods whom would one day become the Seven Lucky Gods, Amaterasu would intervene before Hiruko developed into something 'unpleasant' and convinced it to apprentice under the gods

Named Ebisu by humans it became a god ruling over the wealth of the seas and thus it gained a great amount of faith from the fisherman and coupled with its apathetic attitude that was confused for 'benevolence' (for Hiruko did not demand sacrifices, priests, temples or combat) it became immensely popular with the commoners. A hard worker who kept at it even during the Kannazuki (month without gods)

As a servant Hiruko mere sees the opportunity as a continuation of its life in japan. That is it will continue to wander and do as it wishes, seeking perfection, but due to lacking strong ideals and emotions such as hatred or love it is unlikely to cause massive disaster. Nonetheless it gets along with those whom work hard, recognize the hard work of others and walk a path of progress. You may stumble, fall and even break your bones but as long as you struggle one day things will become better. At the same time it completely disregards those it sees as a waste of time, magi the most as they chase something already done and gone and will not move to save those stuck by trauma/vices

Skill

Class Skills
    Mad Enhancement (E-): Similar to Beowulf not an individual who went insane in life but the sheer struggle to survive has left its mark. Rather than an aggressive fight-seeking attitude Hiruko seeks to struggle as much as it can logically it will challenge enemy servants caring little about tactics or the master's concerns

Personal Skill
    Divine Core (C): Originally it should be EX due to its pedigree but the struggles, modifications and mental damage has reduced it to C, yet at the same time its a symbol of Hiruko's mental fortitude. It may be a pagan god from another religion but a certain Grand Assassin would nod in approval. Strugglers getting along so to speak. Body changes can occur but in exchange endurance has skyrocketed

Monstrous Strength (A++): Without arms and legs struggling in anyway it could Hiruko survived the formation of Nippon and the stirring of waters by Izanagi and Izanami until the remnants not used stumbled upon its body and formed limbs. Strength enough to fight the 'sea' itself

Golden Rule (Ocean) (A): Magical energy is regenerated in the ocean and all sorts of fortunes will be found from gold coins, to ancient logs to even phantasmal corpses. Hiruko who had little understanding of fortune often brought much more bounty than required and at times unasked things would end in the pile

Absorption (B): The remnants of the chaos before Nippon were absorbed by Hiruko and transformed into limbs. A skill that could be said to be the prototype of the Melt Virus possessed by Meltlilith. Foreign substances are devoured and used for maintenance and what is incompatible is destroyed to become magical energy. Due to ignorance and mentality Hiruko is unable to do anything beyond converting all into more power

Battle Continuation (EX): Unawareness of 'living' and 'dying' as such the whole body carries Hiruko's will and as long as a single piece is left behind it will continue to struggle without ceasing until its utterly destroyed. An unstoppable will born of ignorance and something Amaterasu finds 'troublesome and uncute'. Hiruko's toil reduced it to a skeleton and it continued to struggle millennia after its creation. It's human form was something given by Amaterasu to not scare the humans or so she says

Noble Phantasm

Magatsu Onogoro-shima- Remembrance of Sin
    Rank A+
    Anti-Country
    Izanagi and Izanami created the world of mortals by churning the primordial sea and with what they obtained the first of lands was formed. Onogoro-shima Ebisu's birthplace, born crippled and without potential it was abandoned by Izanagi and Izanami while they continued to forge creation and create borders separating the land from the primordial sea and thus setting a safe place for humans to develop. While this happened Hiruko struggled incessantly in that empty world until the limbless body became close to creation, out of sheer accident. Hiruko born in a world without concepts had no knowledge of words, communications or anything beyond itself and the chaotic sea and by sheer luck reached the lands of humans. Crying, howling and biting Hiruko gained knowledge by temporarily tearing the borders set up by it's parents until Amaterasu intervened.

This noble phantasm when activated replicates Hiruko's deeds of tearing through the divine border separating the primordial sea from the rest of the world, one whom teared its way out of the imaginary numbers with sheer stubborn will. By simply striking the human order is temporarily suppressed and the toxic mana from the sea of chaos begins to surge. Different from Utsumi Erice's inherited underworld authority in which reverses the flow of life Hiruko reverses the flow of creation drawing all back into chaos and pure energy

Interactions
    Nobunaga- A divine idiot and a godslaying idiot. Their sheer stupidity makes a headache for everyone

Kagetora-Bishamonten? If Kagetora survives Hiruko will attempt to make beverages as Ebisu but will fail. Nonetheless Kagetora is grateful for the sake (certain omnyoujis would cry at seeing such a relic be used so frivolously)

Tamamo- "Tamamo isn't allowed to break the world. Hiruko will break you first" "Mikon~! You are a headache as usual!"
    Last edited by BoktaiMoon; Yesterday at 09:21 PM.